3.5/5 (40 ratings)

About Master Spas

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Pros

• Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor

Cons

• Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Bottom Line

Master Spas is one of the few tub companies to use biomagnetic therapy with hydrotherapy for better pain management. Its hot tubs are less customizable, but the combination swim spas and hot tubs let you relax or exercise.

Top Master Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Verified

The installation of my spa was easy to schedule. Master Spas went around whatever time I had open and worked with me. They were very accommodating ... I've been pretty happy with ...

Verified

... I’m very happy with the tub. The size of the tub as well as the lighting are great. I’m in New England so the heater keeps things running even in the coldest days. So, with th...

About Master Spas

Master Spas sells a variety of hot tubs and swim spas that are excellent for relaxation or staying in shape. Master Spas swim spas are perfect for customers who want their swim spa to double as a low-impact exercise tool and family pool. The Master Spas H2X fitness spa can also be used as a hot tub.

Select models also come with innovative technology, such as multiple speed levels and therapeutic seat and jet placement.

Master Spas hot tubs

Master Spas creates a variety of hot tubs to suit different needs and budgets. The manufacturer's line has four series of hot tubs, each of which contains multiple models.

• The Twilight series includes eight hot tubs, all of which seat three to seven people. Standard features include ergonomic seating, a biomagnetic therapy system and an Orion light system. Optional features offered are Wi-Fi, Dream Lighting, a natural water sanitizing system and more. Capacity ranges from 200 to 395 gallons, and all tubs are 34 to 38 inches deep. Their dimensions range from 78 inches by 78 inches to 94 inches by 94 inches. Every tub has 36 to 49 jets.
  • The Getaway Series includes four affordable hot tubs that are lightweight and durable. Several models are plug-and-play, requiring only a 120-volt outlet. Standard options include Duramaster Polymer cabinets, EcoPur Charge water filtration, stainless-steel massage jets and Colorscape LED lighting. Capacity ranges from 225 gallons to 390 gallons.
  • The Michael Phelps Legend series has features that vary by tub, but premium options include lighting, sound and Wi-Fi add-ons.
  • Clarity series spas come with EcoPur Charge Water Purification, StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats and better energy efficiency. Optional hot tub features include Dream Lighting and a Fusion Air sound system. The six models seat five to eight people and have between 28 and 57 jets. The largest model is 108 inches by 94 inches by 38 inches, and the smallest model is 70 inches by 84 inches by 34 inches.

Master Spas prices

Most Master Spas hot tubs cost between $6,000 and $15,000. Master Spas doesn't display pricing online, but you can find the cost of specific models by contacting your nearest Master Spas dealer. You can also request hot tub or swim spa pricing using Master Spas' contact forms. You may be able to trade in your used hot tub or get financing to pay for a new one.

Master Spas accessories

Master Spas offers several accessories to customize your hot tub. Some accessories are designed for safety, including rails, steps and Master Spas' covers.

Master Spas FAQ

How much are Master Spas hot tubs?
Master Spas’ tub pricing starts around $4,000. The price for each model depends on your location. Contact your local dealer for exact pricing information.
How do you maintain a Master Spas hot tub?
Cleaning your Master Spas filters every month involves a few steps:
  1. Remove large debris from the filter.
  2. Spray the filter down with a hose.
  3. Place the filter in 5-gallon bucket with the appropriate cleaning agent and let it soak overnight.
  4. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
  5. Put the filter back.

Master Spas' EcoPur Charge filter only needs to be removed and rinsed before being placed back.

To clean your Master Spas hot tub:

1. Drain the tub.
  2. Wipe it down with a soft cloth and acrylic-friendly cleaner.
  3. Spot treat any stubborn mineral buildup with white vinegar or a Magic Eraser.
  4. Thoroughly rinse any spa pillows and the tub shell.

When done, fill the tub back up with water and add in Master Spas chemicals to keep the water balanced.

How do you drain a Master Spas hot tub?
To drain a Master Spas hot tub, locate the drain assembly behind the tub skirt panel and remove the cap. You can also attach a garden hose to the end of the drain assembly.
How do you winterize a Master Spas hot tub?
Master Spas hot tubs are usable year-round. Master Spas does not recommend you winterize the hot tub.
Do Master Spas hot tubs come with a warranty?
Master Spas’ warranties vary by the hot tub or swim spa series. Clarity Spas have a standard limited warranty of one to three years on Master Spas parts. Swim spas in the Michael Phelps Legend Series have a 10-year standard warranty on the spa structure, a seven-year warranty on the shell surface and a five-year warranty on plumbing. All warranty repairs include replacement parts and labor.

Are Master Spas good?

Master Spas has a great selection of U.S.-made hot tubs and swim spas that are durable and competitively priced. Its tubs are easy to clean, come with several feature options and have strategically placed jets for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. The company is an excellent choice for people looking for a multipurpose spa, but it may not appeal to those who want the ability to personalize their hot tub with multiple custom features.

Master Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: April 21, 2022

I use the spa three times a day. I am a big fan. In the beginning, it was a little daunting to try and keep the pH. But now, it’s perfect. It’s easy to do. You just have to get the hang of it. I work out all the time. So it’s great because it does help. My partner’s a runner and it helps with the leg. It’s a life changer. We purchased the spa at an expo and the local company was the expo people. We needed it delivered twice and they delivered it. Once we were done with the space it was gonna be put in, we called them, and they put it in there. They were easy to work with. But it’s weird because once you get online, you’re dealing with national MasterSpas and not the local company. Their YouTube channel is helpful. It is the most helpful thing that I got from them. Anytime we had a question, we just go to YouTube and they have a video for every single thing to do.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2022

The reps from Master Spas were very good. have had experience with this particular dealer and I was very happy with the people who came out and took away the old one and installed the new one. This spa has lights and it cycles through the colors but the way that it cycles is, it flashes, it doesn't fade. And this spa doesn’t have a stereo in it unlike my first one. But I don’t miss it because I don't want to hear that noise when I'm in there anyway and if you have the jets on, you have to turn it up even more. And I don't even know how much that would even be irritating my neighbors.

I use the spa every day. It’s my meditation opportunity. I get in it in the morning, I watch the sun come up, drink my cup of coffee, and ponder what I'm gonna do all day. I almost don't like it when it gets too hot out because I don't use it as much. I leave it at a constant temperature and don't heat it up every day. That way, you're not spending the electricity to heat it up. It makes our utility bill go up in the winter though. We're in our 60s and we have aches and pains, and a massage cost $80 for an hour. So, if I’m spending extra $50 a month on my electric bill for a few months, that's very well worth it.

Original review: April 9, 2022

The reps did a good job, and the spa has everything I wanted. I wanted a lounge chair and it's a six-person tub. The pricing was good too. It might have been last year's model, but I got it for 13,000 and it was selling retail for 24,000. I love my spa. I use it four times a week on average, and I like sitting in the lounge chair because that covers my whole body. The spa is on my back patio but I built a hot tub house around it. It's enclosed so it's private. That’s super nice.

The spa was supposed to come with steps and they didn't have any when they delivered it. Now, I got this little ladder and that works really good. It’s easy to step in and out of the spa with that. I'm trying to call Master Spas to cancel the steps because they're supposed to give them to me when they come in. I talked to the people out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. I paid for the steps, and I’d like to get reimbursed for them because I don't want them anymore.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

They got several different models and the one which seats seven seemed to fit our needs the best. Their salesman was a local guy from where we live and knew some people we knew. That was really nice. They provided outstanding customer service. They had to wait for us to have a place to put it. We were gonna add another extension on the back of our house, and that fell through. So they kept the hot tub for several months and then when we were ready for the hot tub to be delivered, they brought it out and set it up for us.

They set everything up, except the wiring. I had to do that. It was a little bit harder than most wiring jobs I’d done. It's 220, so I had to wire it into the box there. I didn't realize I had to put a box on the back of the house as well but did that also. The quality of our Master Spas is excellent. I like the 15-minute automatic cut-off. I also can turn it right back on. We also like the lights that are in it. The cost was high, but we we got our money's worth.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I like that Master Spas is locally made, and everything's here. We did the Twilight Series because of the seating arrangement. The installation was seamless. The installers were great guys and they were very helpful. We're very pleased with the tub. We got it mid-winter, and the most important thing to us right now is the cover is absolutely wonderful because it does really seal in the heat. We've used the tub quite a bit. It's a godsend for my husband's muscles when he gets home.

The salesperson was very easy to talk to but you don't know the questions until you have the hot tub in place, and I'm not a big fan of going to YouTube to watch about every issue that I have. I really rather just talk to a person. I'm in that over 60 range, so it's not my way of doing things. They have a YouTube channel and they said, "If you have any questions, everything is on our YouTube channel." I signed up for their emails, but I didn't sign up when we first bought it and the installation was about four months after we bought it. So, the emails are not up to date to where it's already in place. I'm still getting emails about choosing the right location and filling my hot tub. We're well past that now.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

The contractor Master Spas uses makes appointments and then cancels or finds excuses why he can’t come out that day. He Uses weather as excuse and his health as excuse to do warranty repairs or any repairs. He Overcharges on supplies and does follow through or respond to voice mail.

Master Spas response

We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. Please email our customer service team with your spa serial number to assist you if possible. 8008607727

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I was happy with the purchase process until we bought the spa. About two months after we had it, I ended up with a job transfer and we had professional movers move it. We found a local Master Spas dealer where we moved to but we found out that our warranty is voided because the spa was moved. I'm going to be filing a complaint about that because it wasn't explained ahead of time to us and I'm very disappointed. I would not have bought it from them had I known that.

Master Spas response

Hi Rachael, we are sorry to hear you were not informed of the warranty terms and exclusions by your dealer prior to making your move plans. Please know we have reached out to your dealer to let them know of the oversite in communication. We can understand your inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022
    So a Master swim spa is actually behind me and it's leaking. It's been leaking since we got it. Three months after we got it, the jets popped off, stuff was leaking. They supposedly came to fix it. I videoed the whole visit. They did not put back the insulation. They did not fix the leak. They left the molded wood. Our electricity and water bill has been off the charts. We can't use it, obviously. They just smoked cigarettes and then they said, "We're coming back." The jets are also uneven. If you have the front ones on, the right one comes out harder on the bottom. And we weren't allowed to wet test it. The valves, also the things that you spin with your hand to adjust the speed popped off. The guy replaced those wrong so we had to put them on. We have no LED lights. The cover is horrible. It won't last you more than a couple months. We took care of it, reconditioned it, we cleaned it. It ripped all over the place. The cover hangers that lifted up into the cover lifters had to be replaced. We paid for that. We went through three sets of rollers and they're what? 800 bucks a set. The clips came off. Those are a hundred each. They come off twice. They haven't reimbursed us. They had the audacity to try to charge us for the -- we told them right off the get-go, "This is a faulty product and we want it off the property. It did property damage." And we talked to Todd at Spa Emporium, Sacramento who sold it to us and he would not help us at all. And this has been going on since we bought it over five years ago. The steps also break.
    Master Spas response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Please call our customer service team, and they will be glad to assist you. 8008607727

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

We’re really enjoying our Master Spas. It's been a great addition. I like the jets to the lower back and my wife really likes the neck massager. It's relaxed us a lot more being able to go out in the hot tub in the evening prior to going to bed.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I previously owned a Master spa that was good quality and had a really good experience with it. I got a new one and they delivered it and got everything going in just a short amount of time. They were here when they told me they would be. It worked out well. Master Spas has excellent quality. The price is higher than last year, but it is the same as everywhere else. So, I think it was a good value for the price. Also, their staff was helpful, and it was an easy transaction.

Master Spas Company Information