2.2(857)

About Master Spas

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor
Cons
  • Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Featured Reviews

Verified
Milwaukee, WI

The installation of my spa was easy to schedule. Master Spas went around whatever time I had open and worked with me. They were very accommodating ... I've been pretty happy with ...

Verified
North Billerica, MA

... I’m very happy with the tub. The size of the tub as well as the lighting are great. I’m in New England so the heater keeps things running even in the coldest days. So, with th...

About Master Spas

Master Spas sells a variety of hot tubs and swim spas that are excellent for relaxation or staying in shape. Master Spas swim spas are perfect for customers who want their swim spa to double as a low-impact exercise tool and family pool. The Master Spas H2X fitness spa can also be used as a hot tub.

Select models also come with innovative technology, such as multiple speed levels and therapeutic seat and jet placement.

Master Spas hot tubs

Master Spas creates a variety of hot tubs to suit different needs and budgets. The manufacturer's line has four series of hot tubs, each of which contains multiple models.

• The Twilight series includes eight hot tubs, all of which seat three to seven people. Standard features include ergonomic seating, a biomagnetic therapy system and an Orion light system. Optional features offered are Wi-Fi, Dream Lighting, a natural water sanitizing system and more. Capacity ranges from 200 to 395 gallons, and all tubs are 34 to 38 inches deep. Their dimensions range from 78 inches by 78 inches to 94 inches by 94 inches. Every tub has 36 to 49 jets.
  • The Getaway Series includes four affordable hot tubs that are lightweight and durable. Several models are plug-and-play, requiring only a 120-volt outlet. Standard options include Duramaster Polymer cabinets, EcoPur Charge water filtration, stainless-steel massage jets and Colorscape LED lighting. Capacity ranges from 225 gallons to 390 gallons.
  • The Michael Phelps Legend series has features that vary by tub, but premium options include lighting, sound and Wi-Fi add-ons.
  • Clarity series spas come with EcoPur Charge Water Purification, StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats and better energy efficiency. Optional hot tub features include Dream Lighting and a Fusion Air sound system. The six models seat five to eight people and have between 28 and 57 jets. The largest model is 108 inches by 94 inches by 38 inches, and the smallest model is 70 inches by 84 inches by 34 inches.

Master Spas prices

Most Master Spas hot tubs cost between $6,000 and $15,000. Master Spas doesn't display pricing online, but you can find the cost of specific models by contacting your nearest Master Spas dealer. You can also request hot tub or swim spa pricing using Master Spas' contact forms. You may be able to trade in your used hot tub or get financing to pay for a new one.

Master Spas accessories

Master Spas offers several accessories to customize your hot tub. Some accessories are designed for safety, including rails, steps and Master Spas' covers.

Master Spas FAQ

How much are Master Spas hot tubs?

Master Spas’ tub pricing starts around $4,000. The price for each model depends on your location. Contact your local dealer for exact pricing information.

How do you maintain a Master Spas hot tub?

Cleaning your Master Spas filters every month involves a few steps:

1. Remove large debris from the filter.
  2. Spray the filter down with a hose.
  3. Place the filter in 5-gallon bucket with the appropriate cleaning agent and let it soak overnight.
  4. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
  5. Put the filter back.

Master Spas' EcoPur Charge filter only needs to be removed and rinsed before being placed back.

To clean your Master Spas hot tub:

1. Drain the tub.
  2. Wipe it down with a soft cloth and acrylic-friendly cleaner.
  3. Spot treat any stubborn mineral buildup with white vinegar or a Magic Eraser.
  4. Thoroughly rinse any spa pillows and the tub shell.

When done, fill the tub back up with water and add in Master Spas chemicals to keep the water balanced.

How do you drain a Master Spas hot tub?

To drain a Master Spas hot tub, locate the drain assembly behind the tub skirt panel and remove the cap. You can also attach a garden hose to the end of the drain assembly.

How do you winterize a Master Spas hot tub?

Master Spas hot tubs are usable year-round. Master Spas does not recommend you winterize the hot tub.

Do Master Spas hot tubs come with a warranty?

Master Spas’ warranties vary by the hot tub or swim spa series. Clarity Spas have a standard limited warranty of one to three years on Master Spas parts. Swim spas in the Michael Phelps Legend Series have a 10-year standard warranty on the spa structure, a seven-year warranty on the shell surface and a five-year warranty on plumbing. All warranty repairs include replacement parts and labor.

Are Master Spas good?

Master Spas has a great selection of U.S.-made hot tubs and swim spas that are durable and competitively priced. Its tubs are easy to clean, come with several feature options and have strategically placed jets for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. The company is an excellent choice for people looking for a multipurpose spa, but it may not appeal to those who want the ability to personalize their hot tub with multiple custom features.

Stars Rating

• 26%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 21%
  • 53%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 26, 2024

We purchased a new Master spa on April 13th and we were told we would have it delivered In two weeks.. No communication whatsoever from them and we didn’t receive it until May 10. They dropped it off and no initial set up, nothing. We filled the tub accordingly so to the manual and it starts throwing a FLO code. So we start troubleshooting. Nothing is working to eliminate the FLO code.

We have called them several times troubleshooting as per their advice and called their recommended service provider. Their service provider never has even come out to look at our tub to try and diagnose it. He orders a part and we are told it will be at least another couple weeks as he is waiting for a part he doesn’t even know it needs??! This company has the worst customer service I have experienced. We purchased a new tub and it’s now in our yard not working with no end in sight of it being operable. Such a joke. They have done nothing to try and make this situation right. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Pinned
    Extremely sorry to hear you are having such difficulties both with your spa and reaching someone for help! With the "FLO" error about 90 percent of spas with this error is due to airlock- A pocket of air forming when you are filling up your spa for the first time. It can happen to any hot tub with a little user error and there are some steps you can do to relieve it. If you have in fact attempted to run your pump for too long without water it can be very hard on the new pump. In which in an extreme case a servicer may need to change your pump, because servicers need to travel to get to you - often they order a common part to have on hand they know will solve your issue just in case - this may most likely be the part they have ordered for you.

Master Spas does sell spas through dealerships only, each dealership is its own business entity. Because of this, not all dealerships in fact will provide or offer a demonstration at start up- some may even have it arranged as a separate service they charge for at delivery- anything like that would be discussed or covered with a sales contract. However, we as the maker of your product attempt to have everything you need as a new spa owner present so you can get started without a in person demonstration in the form of the owner's manual, customer service hotline and links to our various digital guides on You Tube and other resources. Your servicer would also be an individual business if they decided to order you a part they would have placed an order from us-most orders go out within a business week if you had any information on the order itself, we should be able to track it or look into it for you if you'd like. We can also do some additional troubleshooting before your servicer makes his appointment if you would like- please reach us directly at 800-860-7727 or customerservice@masterspas.com. We are available M-T 7am - 5pm, Fridays 8 am- 12pm EST.

Resolution In Progress

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Quote from Master Spas website, "Master Spas is committed to providing our customers with legendary support". The incorrect wiring diagram they provided has caused the motor to blow and they refuse to replace. Their customer support has to be some of the WORST I have ever received. The wiring schematic that comes directly on cover of the motherboard is 100% wrong. When calling in, they said that I was wrong and I also shouldn't be following the wiring diagram. I should be looking elsewhere at a completely different diagram.

I asked Why include a schematic on the cover of the wires that is unusable, with no reference to any other source?? Not only that, I had 3 people verify the wiring according to how their factory wiring diagram provided had it laid out. After many failed attempts of explaining myself and being told No, I asked for another tech and a manager, and was also refused. Extremely poor customer support, I would recommend Never shopping here. There are many other reputable companies to use.

Pinned

We are very sorry to hear this was a bad experience for you! Balboa is a manufacturer that makes technology we use to provide the motherboard systems inside our spa, they feature a wiring diagram inside each board as a standard with their products. In some of them to offer special Master Spa features, like 120/240 volt conversion for customers, they are modified right here in our factory with a few additional wires in order to support special low level pumps. In these cases, the original manufacturer's working diagram would have modifications and is no longer the "standard" that maker gives. In these cases, we do place specific warnings the wiring has been modified and instructions in our owner's manual to guide you on how to make any changes. The owner's manual would be in every case the main instruction to follow. We always recommend any modifications be performed by a licensed electrician. Going outside these directives like any product may make the item unsafe and may in any case void a warranty. We deeply apologize if you were not made aware by labels or prepped by any dealer working with you at startup. As always, if you would like any assistance on where to source new parts at all or need to be connected with a service that can help we would be happy to do so at 1-800-860-7727 or support@masterspas.com. We do sympathize and wish to make things right for you to enjoy your spa, however we are merely limited beyond the provisions of our written limited warranty.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

Second-time spa owner. I did a lot of market research before I bought my second spa. The second time around was way different than the first. I bought a master spa and there are not enough words to explain how incredible the jets of the spa are. My spa is over 10 years old and I’ve had zero issues. I use it 4-5 days a week and rarely have to add chemicals because of the mineral filtration. I wish I could give 10 stars.

Maintenance

Reviewed April 2, 2024

Have had our twilight 8.2 for just under 4 months and have had the control panel replaced 3 times and need it yet again. We also have had the main power board replaced as well as that was burned up. Have been told the company that makes these panels state it only affects owners that live in cold weather. Umm hello, isn’t that the point cold weather=hot tub time. Besides the frustration of our $12k brand new hot tub not working as it should when we want it to, it’s great. Do I recommend this tub to others… I would say that’s a hard NO, as we have had zero luck so far unfortunately!

Pinned

Hello there- we are sorry to hear this has happened to you! This is highly irregular for our topsides are made to be used in all weather conditions- and cold conditions should not carry an effect - for an example - they are made right here in the Midwest! Our tubs are sold in Canada and even Switzerland. To have two changeouts and a board in under 4 months something else must be happening. Please reach out to us directly at the factory so that we can gather your info and get involved with your service. Call - 1-800-860-7727 or email customerservice@masterspas.com.

Maintenance

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2024

We just purchased master spa twilight. We thought it would be a great upgrade from our round aquatera which was a great tub for 4 yrs. Our new tub was delivered Friday and we filled it that day and used it the pump next day. Some of the jets came off and had to be put back together. Also the diverter for neck jets very hard to adjust and very noisy. The biggest issue is the topside control would not work. Liesure time pools wanted to charge a service call And I was like we just got it. How crazy. The tech came and replaced the controller and indicated that the control does have issues. Now I feel like I should have kept the other hot tub.

Pinned

Hi there, we'd love to follow up with you regarding the issues you've seen with your jets and diverter noise. Please note- turning the diverters when the jets are running is not recommended as they can place stress on them it may also be reasoning for the difficultly turning (when the jets are on you are fighting against your pump current) - it's advised to adjust them to the side you want and then activate your jets. We are sorry to hear there was a miscommunication from your dealer about service and service charges. They are their own business apart from Master Spas. You can always follow up with us directly to see if we can find you an alternate servicer for your area or we are happy to help send warranty parts directly if you require. 1-800-860-7727 or customerservice@masterspas.com

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

Hi, I am so disappointed in your product and services, all you are interested is I was concerned about my property being get damaged because of the swim spa I bought from you was your service fees, which I paid and you told me they will call me back, they never called me back. When you know you don’t have services that covers Jacksonville area why do you come here for expo of your product? You will meet me on social media if that is what you want, I will let everyone know that you are not what you claim to be.

Pinned

Hello there, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your service or spa - Master Spas are sold by independent dealerships and not direct employees of Master Spas. While do we want to help, we would need you to contact us directly so that we can gather your information and contact your dealer to advocate on your behalf. Your dealer would have sold the spa in your area and would normally be responsible for setting up service for your spa. Please call 1-800-860-7727 or email customerservice@masterspas.com to connect with us!

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2024

I waited several months after my purchase in 6/2023 to submit this review. I went to the MasterSpa website but couldn't find out where to submit it. To begin, I choose the MICHAEL PHELPS LEGEND MP LSX800 Spa because it contained most of the features I was looking for. I was looking for a spa that could seat 8 but settled on a 6 seater due to the size of requirements of the 8 seater.

I also wanted a lounge seat which I got with the 800 series. I reviewed several hot tubs over several years to make my selection and ultimately selected the Michael Phelps series because I liked the way it looked in the showroom and it eluded a presence of beautiful styling and premium quality. However, after installing and using the hot tub a few times I noticed some noticeable flaws in design of the tub. The first and foremost is the pump shutoff timer which is set for 15 minutes and there is no way to change it. My previous spa by CalSpa was set at 30 minutes and that was acceptable, but 15 mins goes by so quickly it becomes frustrating after a while and you just settle for no flow at all.

The next thing I noticed after purchase and use are the cup holder locations. This spa doesn't have cup holders for 3 of the 6 seats. The lounge has a cupholder and the 2 seats in the front of the spa have a cupholder each. The 2 seats on the back and 1 on the right side don't have cup holders and the rubber float cupholder/filter cover isn't stable enough to trust putting open containers on with the jets flowing.

The 3rd item that is frustrating is the digital control panel. It is touch sensitive and if water gets on the screen it can't sense your touch and won't work. What makes it more frustrating is it times out after a minute or so and you have to touch and move box over to another to reactivate it. Now, given the fact that you are in a Hot Tub with water everywhere and your hands are wet and it sometimes won't work until you wipe it off, but your hands are wet, what gives? I spent over 5 minutes trying to get it to work in 30 deg weather standing up in the spa.

When I purchased the spa it came with MasterPur system to filter the water. It works in unison with the QuietFlo Water Clare System. The QuietFlo Water Clare System has a 24-hour circulation pump that continues to filter and clean the water even when the hot tub is not in use. I wasn't aware that for the system to work it needed to run continuously with no possibility to turn it off. Therefore, I am stuck with an appliance that runs continuously.

Finally, I noticed when it was time to clean the Ozone tube that I couldn't remove it because the box the Ozone tube is housed is placed between to wood crossbeam supports and the clearance between the beams was less than the length of the tube. The only way to remove the Ozone tube was to remove 4 screws attaching the enclosure box from it plywood support platform and disconnect 2 flow tubes (worm clamps) attaching to the box and then rotate the box to clear the upper cross beam. At that point I decided to contact the dealer I purchased it from. So far, they don't have an solution to this issue.

Finally, getting in and out the spa is a challenge. The step down is higher than expected and you could easily slip or fall over trying the reach the floor. I now step in as though I am descending a ladder. I have spent most of my time discussing what I don't like about the spa but it does have some qualities about it that I like. The jets are phenomenal and you can really feel the thrust and power they exert. The lounge jets are so good that they elevate me above the lounge surface if the jets force is set correctly. I can feel the different areas of my body that the seats are designed to massage. Each seat has its special purpose so this a Spa that you must move to different seats to get the full effect.

It is truly a professional style spa and not designed for kids. In fact, the seats are so deep that even my wife at 5'5" can't sit down with her head or least nose above water. Overall, I scored the Spa a 2 based on the items I didn't like about it and primarily because I couldn't change the settings or had no control over. If I graded strictly by the performance of the Spa's massaging ability I would rate it at least a 4.

Profile pic of the author.
      Staff

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2023

I ordered cover lifter extension kits but received cover lifter set. I shipped it back and asked for replacement, and after one week I received the extension kit with one leg missing! Very unprofessional!

Pinned

Sorry to hear you had this issue, Master Spas unfortunately does not make cover lifters- often Dealerships where customers purchase their spas will sell them as an accessory or in a bundle with our spas from the other brands they offer. Our recommendation would be to find your dealer's contact on your spa contract and find the appropriate business to contact for help. If you need help finding who this is you can call us here at the factory- we should be able to see your dealership on your registration. 1-800-860-7727

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed July 12, 2023

The last repair tech company I contacted told me I would have to find and purchase the parts myself. This required research and help from the service Dept as my swim spa is old and some parts are no longer made. After doing all of this and being unable to find a competent reliable repair service, one that wasn’t going to charge me an insane amount of money, I installed all the parts myself. I am also very grateful for YouTube. Those videos made it possible.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 6, 2023

I have had my spa for a year now, right away I noticed if your fingers are wet or the pad is wet, the touchpad doesn't work. I called right away and was told to keep a dry towel near and wipe it off. It is just crazy that a control pad will not work if it is wet. I called several times and the owner of the store said they have the finest spas and that I should be happy. I have tried to be happy, but I can't believe that I paid over $20,000 dollars for a spa and the control pad will not work. There is no excuse and its not acceptable. They don't have a fix for the problem and are not looking for one. This is crazy.

Pinned

Hello there, sorry to hear this has caused a big point of contention for you and kept you from enjoying your spa. In general, the topside touchscreens used by our brand are made by both Balboa and Gecko- two wide reaching tech brands throughout the spa industry and are considered top of the line in this field as far as the technology has progressed. Capacitive touchscreens as a technology rely on small electric currents and heat from our fingertips to work. Water can simply interfere with this connection. If the sensitivity were lower, moisture could even be read as a touch to the screen -in a wet environment like this it is just important to avoid. One suggestion for a solution in your case perhaps, if we can offer one- screen protector film for tablets can be purchased from many places that can be cut to fit items that use capacitive touch, in some cases customers have remarked this improves their experience with less water registering on the screen as a bonus it is great for the longevity of the screen control.

Master Spas Company Information