Call toll free
4.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

404 Master Spas, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We were considering a hot tub and I had done a lot of research. I research all major purchases thoroughly. However, the hot tub business is the hardest to research due to the huge negatives expressed towards all brands. I have never seen anything like it. So my wife and I went to the Springfield Mass. BIG E, to check some out. We looked at two brands. The first was pretty good. The second was Master Spas and they blew away the competition in components, pumps, controls, insulation and tub construction. The price is expensive, we purchased the Legend LSX900 mostly because I am 6' 3" and second we wanted to fit at least 6 comfortably.

We took delivery 9 months after purchase so we could get ready. I have to cut down a huge tree and build a 100 lb psi deck to handle the 500 gallons and 1200 lb. tub. We have been using it now every day for three months and it has changed our lives. Really, the health benefits, relax, BP, muscle therapy, and just plain joy has been more than I ever expected. We also bought it with the music system, 4 speakers and a sub-woofer, sounds amazing. I did find one guy who tells the truth about hot tubs after we purchased our tub, Chris Wheatley of Hot Tub University, he is the only one I listen to now. This hot tub has turned out to be one of the best purchases we have ever done.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I own an H2X trainer 15 swim spa, made by Master Spas, I have the Eco-Pur system because I was told how great a system it was. My spa is less than 2 yrs old and the Ozonator has gone out. The paperwork says that the ozonator has a 2 yr warranty, it does not stipulate between a standard ozonator and the one that's part of the Eco-Pur system but according to Master Spa the Eco-Pur system has only a1 yr warranty. This make absolutely no sense to me. The Eco-Pur system is sold as a better system. I can no longer endorse this product. So my advice do not get the spa with the Eco-Pur system.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

On July 14, we agreed to purchase one of your spas at the Alameda Fair Grounds with the understanding that the salesman, Josh, would order it the following day. He said he’d put a rush on delivery so we would get it within 3 to 4 weeks. We signed an agreement to pay in two installments plus a down payment with last one due the day of delivery.

On July 27, I got a call from shipping to place my order. I was also forced to pay the full amount. I was told that the salesman never ordered the hot tub and the delivery date he promised was impossible to meet. He said the salesman mislead us. A month went by since buying the spa, and on August 17, I called the CEO, Bob Lauter, Customer Support and Shipping and left messages but no one answered or returned my calls. I talked to Josh and asked him what was going on? No one calls me back and I still have no delivery date. I asked him why he didn’t place our order like he promised? I told him that our payment agreement was not honored and I had to pay the full amount. I said the shipping date he gave us could never have been met because he forgot to disclose that the hot tub was a special order since Master Spa didn’t carry it.

I told him that we never would have bought the spa if we had known the truth. He didn’t respond to anything I said except that I should never have paid upfront. Then he told me that it was out of his hands. I said, "Dave in shipping did not hesitate to tell me that you mislead us." “I don’t know what’s going on over there but I will get back to you on Monday,” he said. I never heard from him again except for a text he sent the next day. “The spa is completed and will be in transit the week of August 19.”

On 8/20, I called shipping and customer service again and spoke to three people including John **, Customer Care. Each person gave me different information on the status of our order. Mr. ** was curt and uninterested in what I had to say. He said the spa is still being built. Delivery may be sometime the first part of September. This is a direct contradiction to what Josh texted me just three days prior. The inconsistencies are overwhelming. I listened as John also told me that the salesman mislead us about the entire transaction. I told him that I wanted to cancel the order. I said I was tired of getting the run around. He got angry and said, “Sorry you have a contract and all sales are final.”

Two months had past since we bought the spa and I got a call from Dave telling me that the spa was ready to ship. I said we don’t want it, please don’t ship it. I told him we contacted VISA to get our money back since no one would even consider our request to cancel. I said I’ve tried working with Master Spas to no avail and we do not want the hot tub. He responded with intimidation and threats as well. “You should drop your inquiry with VISA now.” He continued, “You have no choice but to accept the spa. That’s just the way it is.” He said that I’d better accept delivery because I would never win this dispute against his company. “They will win, he said. They always win.” He continued to bully me and said that if I didn’t accept this delivery, he couldn’t guarantee when I would get the hot tub. What reputable business treats their customers like this or allows this type of bad behavior?

Master Spas has not been helpful, courteous or apologetic. They’ve misinformed us and have treated me badly. And I was taken aback as members of their staff turned on their own people. And we still don’t have a delivery date. Every business is dependent on quality customer service and quality communication. That has not been our experience and they have failed miserably on both counts. We have a business, certainly not the size of theirs, but if we had such an unhappy customer, we wouldn't hesitate to grant their request contract or not because it would be the right thing to do.

As I said, we never would have bought the spa if we had known the truth from the beginning. And since we did not find out the truth until eighteen days after we bought it, we could not use the 72 hour rule to terminate the sale. So my question is to whom it may concern, Please accept our request to terminate the sale and refund our money. We do not want this spa.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Well, I am going to start writing reviews about our experience with Master Spas. I have given them 0 stars because that is what they should be rated. We have waited and waited for help. Nothing. We have contacted them multiple times and they treat us like we are bothering them. They have our money. We purchased the 9 foot hot tub and 15 foot swim spa. We asked for the best that they have. We haven't receive the swim spa as of yet and we ordered in May. The hot tub was delivered but was not what we ordered and is leaking. It came filthy dirty and it was as if it had been in use. Do not purchase anything from them. This was the worst experience I have ever had in spending $44,000.00 dollars. Yep you got that right, we spent that much money and have leaking hot tub and no swim spa. They said they dropped it. I doubt it.

We have had terrible experience with them and they simply said, "See a lawyer. We have really good ones and we doubt that you can beat our contract." Great. I am married to a lawyer and he is working this as a case but what kind of company has that attitude. The leaking hot tub they attributed to us overfilling it. Okay the water is at the level they indicated and yet it is still leaking. We are an older couple and purchased the swim spa for therapy for my handicapped husband. He is probably going to die before he gets any use out of the swim spa. I will write much more. And in many different places. I am so sad and angry. We were fools. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We went to the Spa expo and bought a swim spa from Master Spas. They told us it would be delivered in a week, and we would have to get it craned over our house. When the spa was delivered it was covered inside with bird poop and water. After cleaning the spa, there was a hole in the bottom of the spa. We were told, by our salesperson, the spa would be replaced with a new spa. Then we get a call from "Corporate" and they said they would only have the spa repaired. We are now in this whole thing for $1000.00. I told them to just come get it. That I would pay to have it craned out, and they can refund us for the spa. They said no. There was no returns and they would not replace it with a new spa. So, $16,500 new spa comes broken and they want us to keep it even though it is broken. Don't buy from this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Purchased a 2018 Twilight Master Spas 8.2 and in general I would say happy with the purchase, however here are some things I found while using. The jets in the seat beside cooling seat are seized... Went to the Kitchener On. showroom and asked what would it take to fix them and the service guy said it might need to cut out the tub?? Seemed a strange way to “fix” this issue and rather not cut out a new spa making things worse… Also looked at a same spa in the showroom, and the jets were seized as well. Master Spas changed the jets in 2017 and I would say this seems to be a recurring issue.

Again I do not want to break force things to take the jets out and would rather leave with the inability to close or replace these three jets. Unhappy with the solution offered nevertheless. The second thing I noticed the water from the fountain is cold when the water fountain is turned on. The service person said this is normal as it is standing water… My concern is if this is if these will freeze in -30C…

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Ady! Thanks for letting us know about this. I'm going to have someone from our corporate customer care department reach out to you regarding this situation and what we can do to help you. Thank you for the honest feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I am very displeased with our swim spa service from South East Spas, Inc. This was a very expensive product, and it is still in warranty and less than a year old, and it has electrical issues which have stopped the spa from operating. I reported it to Master Spas and this office, and they said they would get a service technician up to fix it in about a week. It took two and when he called he had me go open the side, and try to unplug some electrical plugs, which did nothing. He finally showed up and said it was s shorted control board which he had to order. It is now two weeks later, and still no response from this vendor, so I am calling them back for an update.

For the price of this pool I would have expected much better service and support. How would they feel if I stopped paying for it until they repair it? This is no way to generate business with a national organization pushing how great their products are. Mine is 6 months old and already failing. The tech tried to tell me it was due to a thunderstorm surge, but I have a home surge protector and separate lines dedicated to this spa, so why only one side failed is beyond me. Now I only hope I get it repaired so I don't have to drain it due to the foul watercolor and smell. My experience so far is NOT GOOD!

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Michael. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I'm going to have someone from our corporate customer care department reach out to you shortly to discuss what we can do to help. Thank you for your honest feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Twilight Series Spa - Purchased 6/22/18. Delivered 6/25/18. Salesman (Don) said to call him if we had problems. He is not responding to messages left on a cell phone registered with their company. He was to tell us who could service us in this area but never did. I finally found a service number with the company. I was told that the nearest service rep is more than a three hour round trip (service call that we are responsible for according to the warranty) and it looks like hot tub repair is more of a sideline for them as they focus on bathtubs. There are four locations for service in the Shreveport Bossier LA area where we live. Why aren't any of them authorized for service? That seems unreasonable. Seems like a way to dodge warranty work.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Randy. Thank you for letting us know about this situation. I'm going to have someone from our corporate customer care department reach out to you shortly to talk about how we can resolve this issue. Thank you for your honest feedback!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Tom ** answered all of our questions by phone and knew the product well!! Very informative... Regarding the house call - Tom was prompt and very efficient. I would recommend Tom and Master Spas to all.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're happy to hear that, Gerald!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I spent a little under $9,000 on my spa with a verbal agreement for it to be delivered ASAP. Last Friday 06/30 I was promised delivery for today Thursday 07/05/18... Now all I am is getting excuses. POOR service and EMPTY promises. BUY ELSEWHERE.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Tina! I'm so sorry to hear that you feel this way. I'll be reaching out to you via email shortly to learn more about your situation. Thank you for the honest feedback! We appreciate it.

Original review: June 25, 2018

BUYER BEWARE of the small print in the warranty. Through NO fault of our own, a control knob came off of our hot tub which is less than one year old. Come to find out in the "small print" of the warranty, the parts & labor to fix the warranted item are covered, BUT a service fee is charged TO THE CUSTOMER by a contracted technician. Spending the amount of money we did on the hot tub, I expected better customer care than this. There should be NO "out of pocket" expense to the consumer for warranty work. In hindsight, I'm not really surprised though, as when the tub was initially delivered, the cover was defective & had to be replaced & the tub was also missing several screw covers.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We wanted a hot tub and we liked the Master Spas hot tub when we saw it. Compared to other hot tubs, it seems like it’s a fair price. And the majority of the jets on one seat is why I bought it. The Master Spas team answered all of our questions and we had a good experience with them. My wife was home when the spa was set up and she told me that she didn’t have any problems with it and the team was professional. Overall, Master Spas has a good spa.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thanks, Garrett! We're glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Master Spas had a show at the convention center and their reps were helpful. We walked out with a $10,000 spa. And when we've had a couple of issues with the spa in the past they've been really helpful. We had to order new parts and had a problem with it but they've been very responsive. They had good records and were able to pull up what we have. They were able to find the proper parts versus saying, "You have to find your receipt and tell me what you got." They sent the stuff out next day like they said they were going to so I'm happy with them. And I would refer them out to people. The quality of the spa has also been good. We had another spa for 18 years and it died, so we needed a new one and we've been very pleased with this spa so far. I'm pretty critical and I'm very happy with what they've done. So use them.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thanks, Craig! We're happy to hear that.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Purchased a Twilight Master Spa 2 years ago. The spa itself seems to be a great hot tub. But it totally stopped working several weeks ago. It's still covered by a warranty. But getting someone out to fix it has become an extremely frustrating project. There's only one company locally that services their tubs covered by a warranty. And that company never answers their phone and never does a call-back. Finally did get one call-back 2 weeks ago; they set up a day to come out which has come and gone. Nobody showed up on that day, no one answered their phone again and didn't get a call-back. Now, four weeks into all this, I've called so many different people involved with the company including 3 more calls today and a sent email. Still no one from Master Spas making the effort to solve this problem and support their product. I could never recommend purchasing a Master Spa at this point; they simply don't stand behind their product.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Vern. We're so sorry to hear about this situation. I'm going to have someone from our corporate customer care department reach out to you as soon as possible to help. Thanks for the honest feedback.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I had looked at two or three hot tub manufacturers and I couldn’t tell a lot of difference between what I’d looked at. I went to a trade show event and I chose the Twilight Series 7.25 by Master Spas there. I bought it from a local dealer and he’s been very supportive. They brought it out and set it up. The tub is high-end and I like the number of jets it has. It had a Bluetooth audio system, a waterfall feature, and LED lights. I’m very satisfied with it so far and the cost was right in line with other high-end hot tubs. It wasn’t a lot cheaper or wasn’t more expensive. I use it mainly for hydrotherapy as I’ve got bad knees and ankles. And it’s helped with my old joints. Master Spas has a quality product, and the company and the authorized dealers stand behind their product. I'm a very satisfied customer.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're happy to hear that, Richard! Thanks for the feedback.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Master Spas had a showroom nearby and we liked the sales people and everything seemed right. We went to one of the big weekend sales Master Spas had at the mall and looked at them all and the 7 x 7 seven-person hot tub was the size that we wanted for the number of people we had in our family. It has a couple of little waterfalls, and has lights inside the tub, mainly hairs. Master Spas was very helpful. I have a large driveway and they had to bring it down when they installed it and we took it around the side of the house, put it on the lower back porch, and they handled it extremely well. Then they showed me how to put chemicals in. I've also called the office several times and they’ve helped me with different things that I've asked about.

We’ve only had it for six months but it seems to be great. We’re getting ready to change the water for the first time. But everything has worked out extremely nice. It has been worth it so far and it's very comfortable. I have a three-year warranty so I'm happy with that. It’s been a good experience. I come home with sore arms some days and since we got the hot tub, I'm not having that muscle problem. My arms are like they were beforehand.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Dave! We're so happy to hear that you're pleased with your experience with your spa! Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I bought a Master Spas tub and everything was good. It has two pumps on it but I kind of feel like they’re a little bit underpowered. But I had Cal Spas right before this and the jets aren’t necessarily as hard. This tub is much deeper and bigger than the Cal Spas so that’s nice and I’m very happy with it.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I purchased a hot tub from Master Spas. We had been looking around for several months and we went to a fair where a whole bunch of companies was set out at the fair ground area. We had been looking at Master Spas and it seemed it was a nice unit. Their reps were great. They took their time in explaining everything to us. We were impressed with the price too compared to what we were looking at. The people that delivered it and set it all up for us were awesome. They unloaded it and they had plenty of help there because it was a big 8 x 8. They made sure that they were able to get it off carefully without damaging it. They set it up where we wanted it and went over everything with us. We use our spa every day and so far, the quality has been great. It's so easy to keep clean and we're tickled pink with it. If somebody would ask me where to go to get a spa, I'd definitely send them to Master Spas.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thanks, Caroline! We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying your spa!

Original review: June 15, 2018

My wife likes the lounger and I like something that has jets on my back and the spa that we got from Master Spas just fits what we like. We saw it at the fair and it had a good price. They were very workable, so we struck a deal. The last one we had was an in-ground with a pool, and the Master Spa is 100 times better. When I had the house built, I had electrical to the outside by one of the spa and then the master electrician put the plug in. The company that delivered it had a guy came out and said that we have to provide the wiring. So I got the wiring but the guy hooked it up wrong. And it did what it was supposed to do and it dropped offline. Then they said our board was fried and we had to buy stuff.

I called the owner and he said he would get someone out here right away and we wouldn't have to wait for six weeks. He had somebody out virtually the next day and he got it up and running. My wife and I use the spa quite often. We go out there in the evening for 15 minutes and then we go and take showers. It’s quite relaxing.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Thomas. That's great to hear - we're so thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your spa! Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Master Spas sales guy was great. For any information we needed to know, we picked his brain, and he was very knowledgeable. Master Spas is the best and my overall experience with them was really good. They keep sending me emails saying, "If you need anything, just give a shout." And I don't think I could get any of that from anybody else that I know of. I got a three-man tub from them and it's a run-of-the-mill, but I like it a lot. With my line of work and since my body's getting old, I use it a lot. I would tell my friends to get one.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thanks Kenneth! We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I wanted to share a couple of observations regarding the Master Spas company, product, and support. As noted by many of the comments be very aware of how they install (or don't install) your new spa. Master Spas contracts with some local guys to carry the spa into your home and place it on or near the location of choice. They do not set it up or connect the electrical. The delivery guys are often very uninterested in anything other than dumping the tub in your yard and moving on. No input on startup or maintenance. Just minimal delivery.

Despite this initial experience, we were able to get the tub in place and we had another electrician hook up the power. Once up and running the Twilight Series 7 tub has been a solid product. It requires more maintenance than our prior tub and the filters need cleaning more often to keep the water clear. Given the sales guys pitch around ease of use, I would suggest you think more about ongoing maintenance as a part of the decision to buy.

In the past month, one of the diverter valves broke and it was painful getting the part from Master Spas. They did after three weeks finally deliver the part with no instruction or guidance. The customer support team was wildly average in all ways. So, in conclusion, I would not recommend buying from this company. Master Spas sells thorough events, has no stores and local staff, and ongoing support will likely get worse as the warranty period ends.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We went to buy a pool suite for our pool and Master Spas was having a sale on their 2017. My husband and I had already been talking about getting a spa because I had neck and back issues and he has back issues. We thought having a spa would help so we purchased the HL7 Healthy Living spa from Master Spas. It has 54 jets and it has the specified neck and back which is why we bought it. They offered us a good deal and told us this is specifically designed for therapeutic like what we were needing.

It also has 2 pumps on it and the ozonator which helps keep the bacteria down. We were concerned about keeping our water clean because it's up at 100-plus degrees all the time. It also has the lounge chair in it with multiple jets for the bottoms of my feet and the backs of my legs. They also gave us the cover, the holder for the cover, steps and everything else with it. Since getting the spa, we've enjoyed it and we stay in it about 30 minutes at a time. It's of great quality.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We had an old Jacuzzi for about 15 years and we got tired of fixing it. We decided to get a new hot tub and we needed something that could sit at least four people. We picked the 5-seater Master Spa at Primo Hot Tubs because of the recliner feature and the number of jets in the seats. It was also the right size for what we wanted At the time, it was on sale because there was a show special. We bought it right there and Primo came out and put it in for me.

There were three or four installers who came out and went into my backyard. I had built a 20x20 enclosed porch that I wanted to put the new tub in. The old Jacuzzi had been sitting on a slab outside. But it gets so hot down here in Texas that most of the time, it’s too hot to even use a hot tub. So, I built a 20x25 porch, enclosed it and had it air-conditioned to put the Master Spa tub in. I made a door for them to be able to get into the building but they had a devil of a time. The dimensions were correct but it was a tight squeeze. Still, we got the tub in.

Since then, we've had the tub for two years and we use it for hydrotherapy. We're old folks and it helps us get moving. The Jacuzzi product that we had before was a round tub and it was used when we got it. While it worked, the hot tub from Master Spas is lot better. It’s got a lot more jets in it. We use our Master Spas hot tub all the time. It really makes a difference when we get sore and achy to be able to sit in the tub, have a couple of drinks and relax and get a massage. It keeps us going. I got 15 years out of my Jacuzzi. I'm hoping I get that long out of my Master Spa. Overall, it was a good purchase and I recommend this company.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We were on a lookout for a hot tub and Master Spas was at the fairgrounds. I got the hot tub that was small enough to fit the spot that we wanted it for and it would only be two of us using it. The people at Master Spas have been helpful with any questions I've had. But we have a temperature problem. It keeps going up to about 105 or 106, even though we just want it set at 96. I’m tired of just troubleshooting over the phone. It’s only temporary fix. I would like somebody to come out and actually show us a permanent solution. But I don’t know if anybody would be willing to do that. Because every time we call, they troubleshoot over the phone and then it doesn’t really resolve it. Also, it was a little pricey since we didn't have that many jets for what we paid.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We liked Master Spas' reviews, price and location. We got our tub because it was bigger and it fit more people in it. I like that there is one seat that had the jets that came down. The lights are also really nice and the water feature, too. The only issue was we had some electrical problems at the beginning, but they got all that worked out. Everybody in the dealership has been great. They bent over backwards trying to get everything to work and get it to us when we needed it and fix the issue. If the tub breaks in five years, I won’t be very happy.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We bought a Healthy Living spa two years ago and it's a good value. We use it a lot in the winter. Also, the people from Master Spas were great in terms of customer service and installation.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We got the Twilight hot tub from Master Spas. It's a little two-person triangular-shaped hot tub, and it has lights and you can add music to it if you want. We saw it during a spa show in our expo center in Temple, Texas. It had a good price and the Master Spas team was friendly and helpful. I love the quality of the hot tub. I only had one problem with it and it was my fault, but they came out and fixed it and didn't charge me anything for it. They have good customer service. I used to get massages every month, but since I can incorporate the hot tub into my routine, I haven't even had a massage in the last three months. I just get in the hot tub and feel much better. It's definitely worth what I spent on it.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your spa, Brian! Thanks for the feedback.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My wife wanted a new hot tub and Master Spas had a show at a fair ground. We went to this show where they had a bunch of hot tubs set up, and we saw one we liked. They were very nice people to deal with. However, when they came over, they dropped off the hot tub and pretty much left. They didn’t set it up enough, they didn’t make the hot tub work and they didn’t hook up the electric. I understand that they're not electricians, but they should send some kind of electrician that's certified to set these hot tubs up. For the money that they charge me, they need to deliver it to my house, fill it with water, plug it in, set it up and make sure it's 100% right and I'm 100% happy.

Also, I got more value for the money with my other hot tub than my Master Spas one. I'm having trouble keeping the water clear and I don't know if it's something I'm doing or if it's the hot tub itself. They never gave me any instructions on how to operate the tub. They gave me a box of chemicals, and when I bought the tub they told me, "With this new super filter we have in there, you don't even need to worry about that." But I still need to worry about the PH balance, and I still have an issue with the cloudiness of the water. But other than that, it seems to be okay. It's good quality, but it's a little bit overpriced. I could probably get a different brand with the same features for maybe cheaper.

Original review: June 8, 2018

There was a show in town we went to and we found a hot tub that met what we were looking for. We didn't know what we were looking for other than a particular seating and make sure it had sprays and easy to take care of. The rep at the show was very helpful, very patient and asked a lot of questions, so that he could guide us to the right one that we were looking for. We purchased the hot tub from Master Spas and I love it. It's easy maintenance and everything's working out as expected. We like to go out there in the evening and just relax a little bit, a couple of times a week, even in the winter. We've had it a couple of years now.

However, the tub is not cheap. But, considering prices, it was reasonable. A little more than what we would have liked to have paid. But comparing it to some of the research I have done on others online, and for what we were looking for, the price was comparable. Even the installation was wonderful too. They were all very good about getting it here and installed.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your spa, Melissa! Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: June 8, 2018

We went to a spa show, saw a Master Spas Twilight Series tub and fell in love with it. It has the light system inside, 16 jets, and two pumps. I had a back surgery so it has helped a little bit.

Master Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this company is the world’s largest swim spa manufacturer and is among the largest portable spa and hot tub manufacturers. It offers a number of hot tub brands for sale across the United States.

• Energy efficient spas: Master Spas uses an Icynene foam insulation on its spas to increase their energy-efficiency.

• Noise reduction: The motor on Master Spas’ spas and hot tubs is designed to vibrate 150% less than industry standards, which makes them quieter and more peaceful.

• Water sanitizing system: Master Spas uses a unique system called Mast3rPur™ that uses three natural water sanitizers. These ingredients improve water clarity, softness and scent.

• Made in the United States: Master Spas manufactures all of its hot tubs and swim spas in the United States, which helps to ensure quality control.

• Model options: Master Spas manufactures several brands and models of hot tubs, portable spas and swim spas in various sizes and configurations to fit your needs. Its brands include Michael Phelps Legend Series, Twilight Series, Healthy Living Hot Tubs and Clarity Spas.

• Swim spa options: For those who want the option to use their hot tub to swim, Master Spas offers two lines of swim spas, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas and H2X Fitness Swim Spas. These offer a hot tub at one end and a current of water at the other, so it can be used for both purposes simultaneously.

• Best for: those who want luxury hot tubs or swim spas.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Master Spas, Inc. Company Information