3.9/5 (71 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Master Spas

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Pros

• Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor

Cons

• Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Bottom Line

Master Spas is one of the few tub companies to use biomagnetic therapy with hydrotherapy for better pain management. Its hot tubs are less customizable, but the combination swim spas and hot tubs let you relax or exercise.

Top Master Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The installation of my spa was easy to schedule. Master Spas went around whatever time I had open and worked with me. They were very accommodating ... I've been pretty happy with ...

Verified

... I’m very happy with the tub. The size of the tub as well as the lighting are great. I’m in New England so the heater keeps things running even in the coldest days. So, with th...

About Master Spas

Master Spas sells a variety of hot tubs and swim spas that are excellent for relaxation or staying in shape. Master Spas swim spas are perfect for customers who want their swim spa to double as a low-impact exercise tool and family pool. The Master Spas H2X fitness spa can also be used as a hot tub.

Select models also come with innovative technology, such as multiple speed levels and therapeutic seat and jet placement.

Master Spas hot tubs

Master Spas creates a variety of hot tubs to suit different needs and budgets. The manufacturer's line has four series of hot tubs, each of which contains multiple models.

• The Twilight series includes eight hot tubs, all of which seat three to seven people. Standard features include ergonomic seating, a biomagnetic therapy system and an Orion light system. Optional features offered are Wi-Fi, Dream Lighting, a natural water sanitizing system and more. Capacity ranges from 200 to 395 gallons, and all tubs are 34 to 38 inches deep. Their dimensions range from 78 inches by 78 inches to 94 inches by 94 inches. Every tub has 36 to 49 jets.
  • The Getaway Series includes four affordable hot tubs that are lightweight and durable. Several models are plug-and-play, requiring only a 120-volt outlet. Standard options include Duramaster Polymer cabinets, EcoPur Charge water filtration, stainless-steel massage jets and Colorscape LED lighting. Capacity ranges from 225 gallons to 390 gallons.
  • The Michael Phelps Legend series has features that vary by tub, but premium options include lighting, sound and Wi-Fi add-ons.
  • Clarity series spas come with EcoPur Charge Water Purification, StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats and better energy efficiency. Optional hot tub features include Dream Lighting and a Fusion Air sound system. The six models seat five to eight people and have between 28 and 57 jets. The largest model is 108 inches by 94 inches by 38 inches, and the smallest model is 70 inches by 84 inches by 34 inches.

Master Spas prices

Most Master Spas hot tubs cost between $6,000 and $15,000. Master Spas doesn't display pricing online, but you can find the cost of specific models by contacting your nearest Master Spas dealer. You can also request hot tub or swim spa pricing using Master Spas' contact forms. You may be able to trade in your used hot tub or get financing to pay for a new one.

Master Spas accessories

Master Spas offers several accessories to customize your hot tub. Some accessories are designed for safety, including rails, steps and Master Spas' covers.

Master Spas FAQ

How much are Master Spas hot tubs?
Master Spas’ tub pricing starts around $4,000. The price for each model depends on your location. Contact your local dealer for exact pricing information.
How do you maintain a Master Spas hot tub?
Cleaning your Master Spas filters every month involves a few steps:
  1. Remove large debris from the filter.
  2. Spray the filter down with a hose.
  3. Place the filter in 5-gallon bucket with the appropriate cleaning agent and let it soak overnight.
  4. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
  5. Put the filter back.

Master Spas' EcoPur Charge filter only needs to be removed and rinsed before being placed back.

To clean your Master Spas hot tub:

1. Drain the tub.
  2. Wipe it down with a soft cloth and acrylic-friendly cleaner.
  3. Spot treat any stubborn mineral buildup with white vinegar or a Magic Eraser.
  4. Thoroughly rinse any spa pillows and the tub shell.

When done, fill the tub back up with water and add in Master Spas chemicals to keep the water balanced.

How do you drain a Master Spas hot tub?
To drain a Master Spas hot tub, locate the drain assembly behind the tub skirt panel and remove the cap. You can also attach a garden hose to the end of the drain assembly.
How do you winterize a Master Spas hot tub?
Master Spas hot tubs are usable year-round. Master Spas does not recommend you winterize the hot tub.
Do Master Spas hot tubs come with a warranty?
Master Spas’ warranties vary by the hot tub or swim spa series. Clarity Spas have a standard limited warranty of one to three years on Master Spas parts. Swim spas in the Michael Phelps Legend Series have a 10-year standard warranty on the spa structure, a seven-year warranty on the shell surface and a five-year warranty on plumbing. All warranty repairs include replacement parts and labor.

Are Master Spas good?

Master Spas has a great selection of U.S.-made hot tubs and swim spas that are durable and competitively priced. Its tubs are easy to clean, come with several feature options and have strategically placed jets for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. The company is an excellent choice for people looking for a multipurpose spa, but it may not appeal to those who want the ability to personalize their hot tub with multiple custom features.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: April 10, 2022

The reps from Master Spas were very good. have had experience with this particular dealer and I was very happy with the people who came out and took away the old one and installed the new one. This spa has lights and it cycles through the colors but the way that it cycles is, it flashes, it doesn't fade. And this spa doesn’t have a stereo in it unlike my first one. But I don’t miss it because I don't want to hear that noise when I'm in there anyway and if you have the jets on, you have to turn it up even more. And I don't even know how much that would even be irritating my neighbors.

I use the spa every day. It’s my meditation opportunity. I get in it in the morning, I watch the sun come up, drink my cup of coffee, and ponder what I'm gonna do all day. I almost don't like it when it gets too hot out because I don't use it as much. I leave it at a constant temperature and don't heat it up every day. That way, you're not spending the electricity to heat it up. It makes our utility bill go up in the winter though. We're in our 60s and we have aches and pains, and a massage cost $80 for an hour. So, if I’m spending extra $50 a month on my electric bill for a few months, that's very well worth it.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I like that Master Spas is locally made, and everything's here. We did the Twilight Series because of the seating arrangement. The installation was seamless. The installers were great guys and they were very helpful. We're very pleased with the tub. We got it mid-winter, and the most important thing to us right now is the cover is absolutely wonderful because it does really seal in the heat. We've used the tub quite a bit. It's a godsend for my husband's muscles when he gets home.

The salesperson was very easy to talk to but you don't know the questions until you have the hot tub in place, and I'm not a big fan of going to YouTube to watch about every issue that I have. I really rather just talk to a person. I'm in that over 60 range, so it's not my way of doing things. They have a YouTube channel and they said, "If you have any questions, everything is on our YouTube channel." I signed up for their emails, but I didn't sign up when we first bought it and the installation was about four months after we bought it. So, the emails are not up to date to where it's already in place. I'm still getting emails about choosing the right location and filling my hot tub. We're well past that now.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I went down to the Master Spas place in South St. Louis to look and see where my friend got her Swim Spa and they happened to have four in stock. We had the money so they let me buy it and pay for it that day. Then, they delivered it in a few weeks. I wanted a tub that did not have the lounger in it and one of the ones Master Spas had in stock was no lounger. Also, I'm only 5'1" with my hair done, so I wanted one that I could sit in and not drown such that my head would still be above the water. Because of the eight seats, in four of them, I could sit with my head above water.

Master Spas sent us the drawings on where the electrical needed to be and it needed to be flat. They asked lots of detailed questions about when they deliver the spa such as if they were gonna need a crane or if it was something that they could back their truck up to and put it in place. I sent them pictures and we got great feedback on how it was gonna take place. They showed up on the day and time they said they were going to. They had three men with them and it took maybe an hour from the time they backed in our driveway until it was put in place.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The sales reps were good. But one thing we were not happy about was how they downplayed the cost of electrical hook up. It was a lot more expensive than what they said it would be. That kept us from getting the product installed for an extended period of time because we didn't have enough extra to do that. Master Spas was great. They honored their commitment. We could have been left with paying and getting no product but they delivered and we were grateful. Also, when we bought our spa, we were told we could keep it in the warehouse until we were ready to pick it up. That ended up being a longer period than we thought it would be. We didn't get it installed and running until 10 weeks ago and we were past the warranty of it when it was delivered. But as far as actually using it, it's like brand new.

Also, if I pay $10,000 for something, I want it to be perfect. I can change the color schemes and when I'm on green, one of the LEDs is red. I called about it and nobody got back with me. There are also some stuff on the LCD panel which are hard to read, like the numbers are upside. It wasn't like that initially but now it looks weird. We're out of luck because we're out of warranty even though we probably shouldn't be because we didn't get the spa set up until recently.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The saleslady was awesome every step of the way. However, we waited a long time for the tub and with all the money we put into it, it was too small. The next day, I called the place in Waukesha and talked to Stephanie and the boss. They took it back and let me buy a bigger one. It costs twice as much and we never would have spent that much, but the first one was paid for. We liked one of the few they had in stock so we took it. Otherwise, it would have been a 400-day wait. They delivered it and we like it.

We're trying to figure out how to keep the water clear. We ended up taking out the orange filter and putting in two paper ones and hammering it with chemicals. The orange filter takes out the chlorine and it's nice that you don't have the smell but we're having a hard time keeping it clear. We're gonna put it back and see if we can try it again. I called my saleslady and asked her about it. She said, “You're doing it right. It should clear up in two or three days,” but it didn't. It stayed cloudy for quite a while. But overall, we like the tub and Master Spas answer everything they can and are forthcoming.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this Spa. I was going to go with a local spa dealer but ended up going with Master Spas (their sales rep Oliver is very persuasive). I regret that decision now. We had some damage to the spa upon delivery and I was never sent the new parts. When you watch their Youtube set up videos you realize they didn't give you any of the supplies to follow their instructions and they don't have any local suppliers that carry their products. Take my advice, buy local. Taking care of spas is not as simple as they make it.

Master Spas response

Thank you for your feedback. Based on your location, the spa most likely was purchased through an independent dealer since we only sale direct in the state of Indiana and a small portion of texas. If you are encountering issues with your spa, please email us at support@masterspas.com with your spa serial number, and we would be glad to contact your dealer on your behalf to resolve the issues.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I recently purchased a spa at the Denver road show on 7/8/2022, with the understanding that the spa would be delivered the following week as represented by the salesman. It is now 4 weeks later and I still do not have the spa—a perfect example of a salesman lying to get the sale. I had canceled a spa with another company because of a 4 week lead time because the salesman had committed to the delivery the following week. I have spoken to customer service at least 4 times with no resolution. Additionally, I have tried to deal with the delivery company repeatedly with no resolution. Buyer beware.

Hello Mike

If you could email us at support@masterspas.com with your spa serial number, we would be glad to assist further and reach out to the dealer on your behalf.

Original review: May 27, 2022

What the is going on with these folks? The company reps are useless. We've called at least 8 times. They say they'll get back to you but never a call back. Finally got an email address to customer service. They said call the delivery company. Delivery number is not in service, can't leave a voicemail. No word on delivery time. Been in transit for over 6 weeks now. A friend of mine bought one of there tubs and said they are horrible, just throws all the plastic, cardboard and crating on the ground and leave. Wants to charge us money to take it away! I'd cancel the order if I could. "no cancelations on the agreement". This is by far the worst customer service I’ve ever had. There are a lot of really great spa's out there. Don't make my mistake. Go elsewhere.

Master Spas response

Hi again Marvin. In the review you left for us on Google, you mentioned that your issues were with a person named Britta and a delivery company named IntegrityOne. We here at the Master Spas factory don't have anyone named Britta so I think that may have been an employee of the retailer you purchased from. Likewise, IntergrityOne would also be a separate company and thus there's not much we can do about your complaint about them either. Issues with them or your retailer would need to be taken up with those companies. We only manufacture the product. Our customer service team here at the factory can be reached by emailing customerservice@masterspas.com or by calling (800) 860-7727.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Chris ** is our sales agent. He is very helpful for us to decide on this swim spa. Everything went smoothly from day we purchase up to delivery. Easy installation. The jets, lights and setting the swim spa exceeded our expectations. Trainer 15 is perfect for us.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Our experience with Master Spas couldn't have been better. The team was most helpful and the quality of the hot tub is very good. I like it. We use it once a week, but sometimes, not even that. I have recommended Master Spas if they were thinking about it.

Master Spas Company Information