4.11/5
Based on 273 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 15, 2018

349 Master Spas, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2018

We had purchased a Master Swim Spa at the Pleasanton Ca fair expo. Feb 2018, I unfortunately have a Health issue. My central nervous system has been injured per a Surgery I had. Warm aqua therapy has been the best therapy for me. So my husband decided instead of paying for me to go to physical therapy pool and paying he would buy us a swim spa. We purchased it at fair. All went great. 2 wks went by no calls. We started calling always, "It’s snowing call back etc etc." We were told we needed to pay 1/2 to get date for delivery so we did.

We waited then we were told it’s been in their yard raining for a week we had it delivered. The crane co made a 4 foot wide 6 inch deep hole in our driveway and when pool delivered my husband was so upset that he just signed the pool thinking all was good once I got home. We opened the pool it has 5 inch of dirty water in it. Filthy pool we spent $25.000. I called on Sat. Spoke to one of the guys. I was told “Sorry but nothing we can do“.

I am very upset. Will keep writing bad reviews. We are not wealthy. This is a lot of money. The man who I spoke to said, "Get in the pool and just clean it out." I’m disabled! I can’t just go do. My husband is trying to get the entire spa put together so I’m able to do my therapy. It’s not so easy... we are at a loss for words. Pls don’t purchase from Master Swim Spa. They only cared to get the money. Once we signed it was so hard to reach them. Always told call back! Bad bad run from this company. Very discouraged. We had a few referrals. We told them not to go with them.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Elizabeth. So sorry to hear about this situation, I'm forwarding your review on to our corporate customer care team. They will reach out to you and your husband shortly to see what we can do to help you. Unfortunately, since we are only the manufacturer of the swim spas, we don't have much control over the dealers communication or relations with their customers and we don't often get to hear about these situations until later, so we appreciate you letting us know about this situation. Again, someone from our team should be in contact with you soon. Thank you for the feedback.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 24, 2018

I purchased a Master Spas Twilight Series 8.2 from Aqua Haven in OKC in November 2017. My wife and I had been looking for a replacement for a 10 year old hot tub that had developed a leak, that I could not find someone to make needed repairs. We looked at several different SPA companies and decided on the Twilight 8.2. We liked the jet's configuration and the sound system and lighting was definitely a perk.

After delivery, I was able to get electrician to make the new connections, as they were in different location than previous hot tub. Filled with water and went thru startup steps. Insufficient heat. A call to Aqua Haven and removing filters as they recommended, with no improvement. They then made a house call, (we live roughly 50 miles from them) and determined it had been modified to work lights for the fairgrounds show and not properly reconnected internally, which they fixed at no cost to me. The heater then started working.

Of the last 6 times I tried to enjoy the new hot tub, only once was I able to enjoy "hot" tub. All the other times an error message appeared indicating dry heater or a flow issue. Apparently the circulation pump is inadequate, or the filters just clogged with one spa use. I have owned 2 spas for over 10 years each, never experiencing this issue. I did have a replacement set of filters to install while cleaning overnight. Both of those spas used pump 1 on low setting for circulation. I read another user's review who also seemed to have this circulation issue. Is this a design flaw? Faulty filters? I don't understand why that other reviewer gave 5 stars with a circulation issue, but oh well. I really would like to enjoy this spa.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Bill. We're sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your spa. I'm going to give your contact information and review to our corporate customer care team - they'll reach out to you soon and hopefully will have some advice on how to get your spa working properly again. Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Primo and Master Spas are terrible. I purchased my swim spa in 2016, and it arrived broke. The heater wasn't working upon arrival. It took several MONTHS to fix. Then the speakers went out. That took MONTHS to fix. There has been one issue after another with this swim spa. Worse purchase ever. Also, it is difficult to get them to come out to do the repairs... Even though you have a warranty. I had leaks in my swim spa since October that Primo and Master Spas hasn't repaired yet. I ended up filing suit in January 2018.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I gave 2 stars based on the spa is nice, I bought this spa and had it delivered early February 2018. Since then 2 jets have stopped working due to the adjustable ring failing to turn and locked into position. So with their 2-year warranty I called in a repair order. They told me who to call, once calling him I am advised that there is a $94 service charge which Master Spas doesn't pay. So my warranty reads they cover parts and labor says nothing about service charges, come to find out they only fully cover their spas for 30 days after that it is the owner's responsibility to pay the service charge. This is the first company I have ever dealt with where the consumer of a product has to pay for a service charge. This company makes a product in the USA and fails to fully cover their product for the 2 years, the parts and labor for this repair would be less than the $94 service charge. Cannot recommend them and never will...

Original review: March 6, 2018

We liked the looks of the Master Spa and the two-year warranty was nice. Looking at the filtering system and the size, we chose a tub from the Twilight Series. It's our first hot tub but we know people with hot tubs and this was by far the nicest one we've been in. The tub is great after working outside in the yard. The grandkids also come over and sit around in it. It's nice to have. I'd tell others to definitely consider buying one from Master Spas. The cost and the quality were good too. The price was what I expected to pay for something like that. We had some problems with some jets that weren't rotating but they said they had a bad bunch of jets and they sent a bunch of replacement ones. And so far, everything's been good. They had fast service too.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're happy to hear that you've had a good experience, Bill! Thanks for the feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: March 5, 2018

Make Master Spas one of your number one choices as far as a purchase. After looking at all the different models and talking with the sales, I narrowed down to Healthy Living, the one we ended up getting. It was a better price than some of the other ones. They also had a good staff working with us and the quality seems great too. The positioning of the jets and the way the jets work are my favorite things about it. Now we're able to come home and relax after a long day at work, and have family time.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're happy to hear that you're happy! Thanks Alan.

Original review: March 4, 2018

We happen to be at the show that MasterSpas had and we liked their spa, and I purchased a three-seater spa from them. It has jets, a light, and the heater. The salesman and the installers were fine, they were cordial. The quality of the product has been good, so far. Master Spas hot tub has improved my life.

Original review: March 4, 2018

We like that Master Spas products are locally manufactured. They had a really nice selection. And one of our friends has one and we really liked theirs. They talked highly of it. The people there in the showroom that showed us the products and helped us with our selection were great, and it was just an all-around, really good experience. It wasn’t pressure sales. I’m a retiring mechanical engineer and I liked the way the salesman talked with me about the features and the maintenance and the care of the thing. That was one of my big concerns going into. It was how much effort it would take and it’s really been almost effortless.

There was a nice and big selection there in the showroom to look at from the smaller ones to the really larger ones. We were looking for more of a middle of the road type of spa. There’s some with all the bells and whistles but we didn’t really need that for how we planned on using it. Master Spas Clarity fits the bill for us. I’m retired and it’s more for just relaxation and we like the massaging action of that one. There's one massaging jet in the corner that I really like, it’s got multiple jets there. And the tub is a good fit size, too. It’s a family investment. We’ve got eight grandchildren and they’ve already taken a couple of dips. I know the kids like the lights in the evening when we’re sitting out there.

My wife’s still working, and it’s really been helpful for her. She’s on her feet a lot and she works in a nursing home as an admissions coordinator and activity person. And she comes home after a hard day at the home there and she really enjoys the warmth and the relaxation of the spa. For the two of us, it’s good “Me” time. ’ve been pleased too with the utility bills since we’ve installed it. We’ve had the heater on all winter here and they were right on as far as the amount of energy it would take in the cold months so it’s been great. The chemicals that they provided as a startup kit has lasted me all through the winter here or for about 6 months. I’m about to purchase some more but it’s been great.

It’s been a great addition to us. My wife grew up with an in-ground swimming pool so that’s one thing she kind of missed over the years and we talked about it on our property here, maybe putting one in. But at this point in our life it just didn’t make sense. But now that we’ve got one again I tease her all the time, it’s like we shed 10 years off our lives. We feel much younger with more energy.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I wanted a spa for years and I saw Master Spas in one of those spa sales show. I felt I got a really good deal with them so we bought a Twilight Series spa. It was the most expensive one that we could have bought but we didn't want a better one because it was just for two people. If it wasn’t for the price for that model, there's no way I could really purchase another one. And I'm really glad I did because I got the hydrotherapy and that was exactly what we wanted. Their rep smelled a lot like alcohol at 11:00 in the morning. Nonetheless, he seemed knowledgeable and I had a good experience.

I really like our spa a lot. The rep said that I can keep the water in there up to a year but I normally change the water every month or so. I only use it both days in the morning on the weekends and a few times at night, and there's just two of us. I've had it for eight months now and I've changed the water 10 times already. I would definitely recommend the Twilight Series. It has helped me with sleeping a lot and I really enjoy the weekends having my coffee in there. They're well worth the money. If you want a good spa with some jets, definitely look into the Twilight Series.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I liked the product reputation and price of Master Spas. I bought a three-person Twilight Series spa from them and their team did a good job. The size of my spa was a good fit and the company was running a three-day weekend expo so they had special pricing available. My spa just has the basic features like the whirlpool jets, and it is digital and has got lights. There is quite a bit of fiberglass that’s being used in spas now and time will tell how my hot tub will hold up, but so far it seems to be okay. I enjoy relaxing in it almost every evening. I use it five times a week and I keep telling my wife that she needs to use it more. I've noticed, though, that I have one jet that's working, but it tends to come on and go off repeatedly. That’s unusual and I've called the dealership about it. However, they weren’t able to explain it and they didn’t want to make a service call unless the jet is actually broken, but I'd like them to check on that surging in the jet.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I was looking at spa reviews and I was told that Master Spas was the most dependable. We purchased a Legacy spa that has four seats and a master blaster. The quality is just great. One of the jets was not working after it was installed and they had somebody came out and repaired it right away. So far, we're enjoying it.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I’m a hundred percent disabled veteran and I struggle with chronic pain. I'm trying to deal with it in natural ways and I did a lot of research into hot tubs. I have a good friend in Fort Wayne with some family who works for Master Spas and I like the quality and the fact that it's US-made. I met the owner of the franchise and he was a really nice guy. They sat there and listened to what I would utilize it for and we tried out a few different types. We went with the spa from The Twilight Series. The actual sales team went over everything having to do with the spa so they were really great.

We have a very tight area and their installation team went above and beyond in getting the tub in my backyard. It probably would’ve been easier to get a crane but they ended up getting it in the backyard with no damage. However, the code of a dry pump kept lighting up and I talked to them. But after buying an almost 13-thousand jacuzzi, having it for three months and having issues with it already, I would still have to pay a 150-dollar service fee for somebody to come out to look at it. I didn't agree with that and we ended up paying out of our pocket. They gave me a person that fixes spas in the area but working with them was horrible. We finally found a person through networking that worked on Masters Spas and the issue was the filters. For some reason, the filters on the Master Spa go quickly and they resolved the issue.

That aside, the tub actually exceeds my expectations. I really enjoy it. I like the fact that mine has two loungers. It's a deep seat and the jets also cover pretty much everything, my back, my shoulders and my neck so it really works out great. I literally use the tub every single day and it really helps out. There are a couple of little flaws on it but those are little things that I can live with. I would like to get it fixed but I would rather suck it up than have to deal with having to pay to have somebody come out for a product that I’ve had less than a year now.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Gary. Although we're disappointed to hear that your experience with the outside service people wasn't a positive one, we're thrilled to know that you're enjoying the spa itself. Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I got a Twilight 7.6 spa from Master Spas. I actually bought it at a show and I wasn’t going to be ready for it for a few months because I was re-doing my entire backyard. Master Spas kept the spa in the inventory until I was ready for it and delivered it when I was ready. So, that was a big plus in my book. We decided on that brand because of the filtration system, it was unique. The interchangeable jets and the additional circulation pump were a big deal for us. Also, the quality is very good. I’m one that doesn’t mind paying a little extra for good quality, so the cost in relation to the quality was a good ratio for me. I’d recommend them.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thanks Dan! We're glad you're enjoying it!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I bought a hydro jet spa from Master Spas. It has alloted two places for people to lie down and lay back with lots of jets from the back and legs. But delivery was like a three-day process and it was supposed to be one day. And it was like five hours late on the third day. And it was just Murphy’s Law, big time for that. And the people who scheduled deliveries made the mistake of telling me, “Well, you were scheduled today. But we bumped people in front of you." Now that was like almost the killer deal. It was just extremely bad customer service. But it got here and they got everything together. And except for delivery everything's been fine.

We've called with a lot of questions about the chemicals because we can't seem to get that right and they were always extremely helpful. And we think we finally got that figured out. It was just my husband reading incorrectly. We also absolutely adore the tub. We did it when it's 30 degrees outside and then we don't like to get out. We use it at least four times a week, if not more. It's just added a lot more relaxation and got rid of all the stress. We just go out there and sit and talk and it's wonderful. And I feel a whole lot better. We can get the same type of thing somewhere else for cheaper. But that actually at the time wasn't an issue for us. The tub is just the exact one that we wanted. We like it and we love it. The product was great. I hope we don't have to buy another one. But if we did we'd probably call them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

A friend recommended Master Spas. And we got the tub with the reclining seat, lights and jet that could seat 8 people. They helped us set it up and with the chemicals. The only disappointing part was the people that recommended it were supposed to get a set of filters and they never received them. They came with us during a closeout special at a convention center up in Daytona. If they promised something, they need to deliver. We called customer service and they were checking into it. They see where it should have been sent and unfortunately the gentleman that recommended got sick and passed. But still we got our money's worth. We enjoy the tub. We're building a house so it has been nice to go out and sit after laying floors and tile. Also everybody at Master Spas was very polite. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

My husband liked the fact that Master Spas was USA-made then he looked for a dealer from that. Their service was excellent and our experience with them went as smooth as could be. The salesman and the guy that brought it and put it in couldn't have been better. He was very helpful and we love out hot tub. It is a seven-seater and it has two waterfalls on it. I have some back problems and it helps with that a whole lot. It relaxes me tremendously. My husband has some neck and shoulder issues that he uses those neck and shoulder jets for and those have really helped him.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Laura! We're so happy to hear that you and your husband are finding your spa so relaxing! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Purchased TS Fit from dealer in 2015. It is almost 3 years old. Each year they have had to replace the control panel. Last replacement was in December 2017. After this March, it will not be under warranty. In researching this part, it will cost me at least $600 for just the part from what I can find. I spent $13,000 for this spa. I have had spas all my life and serviced even them. I have never had to call for service so shortly after purchase and so often. While the service I receive has been good, they are unable to advise why the control panel keeps dying. I can't believe that I am to expected to replace this item on near yearly basis. I will be trying to reach Masters Spas directly to discuss issue as service person was unable to assist me and the dealer will only honor warranty in place. I am hoping they will stand behind their product.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Robin. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. I know you mentioned that you're planning on contacting our corporate customer service team - I'm not sure if you have yet or not, but in case you haven't I'm going to give them your information so they can reach out to you directly. Thank you for the feedback! Hopefully we can help figure out what the issue is.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

My girlfriend and I had an old hot tub that we’ve been meaning to get rid of. We listened to the commercial that Master Spas had on TV or radio that a lot of the tubs were going to be discounted so we went and took a ride and we bought one. I got the Master Spas Clarity with a bench seat and had good interactions with their reps. They stood by their word and delivered the tub. They offered to pick up my other tub but it was still on my deck at that time so I told them that I would get rid of it myself.

My girlfriend and I use the tub all the time. I like to use it every day because when I get off work I’m a little sore and stuff and I like to jump right in my tub. The tub relaxes me at the end of the day. My brother-in-law actually called me two days ago and he heard the same commercial. He asked me about my tub and I told him that we love the tub and I think he went and bought one.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

We’ve enjoyed our spa very much. It has lights, heater and three different seats that are fully jetted. We had a spa before we moved to North Carolina so we knew what we were looking for and Master Spas had it. We had two-hour conversation and they came back and gave us a decent price. It was a good value and we bought it at the show.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi James! We're happy to hear that you're happy with your spa! Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Master Spas seemed it's a whole lot better than anything I’ve ever had. I went with it because of its features and what it offered compared to Sundance. When I bought it, I talked to a salesman and he covered everything real well. I was impressed. The hot tub has got light and I forgot how many jets it's got. It's relaxing. I've got arthritis and the tub helps me there. I would recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

The Twilight hot tub happened to be the only one that was available at the time our purchase with Master Spas and it was at a discounted price. It has a lot of jets and there's a color light change. Every day in the winter time, we use it. But in the summer, it’s off since it's too hot. So far, we haven’t had any problems with it although we had to make some replacements on some things that broke. Other than that, it works. It’s cool and one can just get in and have fun.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We purchased the 9' x 9' hot tub from the Michael Phelps line of Master Spas. We like the features, the amount ot jets, three pumps with two variable speeds, the jets configuration, how the seats were set up and the quality of the workmanship. We had a service guy come out and helped us with the chemicals a few days ago and it was a good visit.

But we've still got some issues that we haven't resolved. We got a software or computer controller issue. The app that controls the hot tub that you're supposed to be able to control from your phone is about worthless. I've yet to be able to actually use it in a worthwhile fashion to the point where I want a service person to come out and show us how to set it up because it's not set up. The music system was never enabled in our hot tub. So we're sitting here with the inability to actually use the speakers that are in our hot tub when we paid for that feature.

My biggest comment is Master Spas needs to evaluate Balboa Water Group and decide if that's really who they want to go with for their controller if the apps are pretty much worthless. You can even notice that on the reviews customers left in the app store on Apple and Google. It would have influenced my decision if I would have known that when I was purchasing the spa. But the spas are very good. The pumps are great. It runs quietly and efficiently. There hasn't been any problem with the mainteinance or upkeep. You just have to make sure that it's fully setup before the installation team leave, including showing, hooking up the Wi-Fi and the music systems.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I got the Master Spas Twilight 8.2. We liked the way it looked and the features that it had on it. That Twilight model had sound system and jets. We also had the stone siding and all that on it. The salesman sold us on it. He said they had a good reputation and it was known as a good hot tub. The sales people at the show we went to were very knowledgeable at them. They were very nice, very informative. And basically, we did a bunch of research and one of the most important things in buying a hot tub is the people who are going to service it if something goes wrong and they gave us a kind of peace of mind on that front. The tub has been excellent. It’s a little bit over a year old and it never got maintenance. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I was at a special event spa show and Master Spas' reps were cordial and accommodating to the end of my schedule. We negotiated a third deal and it was good enough. I'm a sales guy too, so I'm critical about all that kind of stuff. The fact that their products were locally made in the United States was a selling feature. I work for a company that does US manufacturing as well and we need to come back and support US products at will. Master Spas also happened to be up in Indiana, so they were close to me. I got the Twilight 8.2 Model and I like it a lot. It has 42 jets and the sets of jets for massaging the foot, neck, and shoulder are my favorites. It also has a dedicated re-circulating pump, LED lights, and a lounger.

The hot tub adds relaxation at night and that's really the key. I get in it half the nights as my chance to unwind from a busy day of work. It was expensive and cost more than I planned on spending. But after talking to the sales guys and the owner of the company, I went ahead and bit the bullet. I hope that it lives up to my expectations, everything's going to work out, and it's going to last a good long time. Longevity is hard to rate in the very beginning when you have something that's brand-new. But I have faith in the system. I've only had the tub for a month and so far, it's been fantastic and I'm a happy customer. I would tell others that it's not the cheapest spa in town but with Master Spas, I got what I paid for.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Craig! We're thrilled to hear that you've had such a great experience all around - and that you appreciate that we manufacture all of our products here in the US! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We've had a spa for about 20 years and it needed to be repaired. It had a wooden cabinet which took a terrible toll from the weather here in South Florida so my lovely wife thought to go and look for a new spa. She found one at Master Spas, Inc. that she liked so we bought it. It's a six-person spa and the fellow that sold it to us was very nice and very helpful. He was very pleasant and he was not overly aggressive. He wasn't constantly trying to upsell me and he didn't badmouth the competition. Financing was also great.

However, I had some minor delivery issues. They couldn't get into my backyard to deliver the spa and we had to get a crane to lift the spa over my house. But where I live, that was not uncommon. I live very close to the beach, we don't have overly large side yard, and my yard is fenced. I went to the dealer located in West Palm Beach and I was able to resolve those issues with the customer service reps at the dealership. They have been very pleasant. It was a pain in the neck though because I had to wait for a crane and cranes are not available on instant demand.

Beyond that, my only concern was that when they finally got the spa put in, the installer hooked up all the plumbing but said that they don't do the electrical. They said that we have to call an electrician to come and hook up the six wires. It wasn't so much the cost of having the electrician come to hook it up, it was the inconvenience of having the thing sit on site and not be able to use it because I couldn't get an electrician. I wish they told us when they came to install the spa that their crew did not include a qualified electrician.

Also, the schedule that they give the customers in terms of the application of the chemicals that they provided seems to be overkill. It seems to be largely designed to use up the product at a rapid rate so that you could come back and buy more. Other than that, the product is nice and my wife loves it. She tells me how happy she is with the spa every time she uses it. All in all, we're very satisfied and I would recommend both the product and the dealer.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We didn’t have a good experience with Master Spas. We went to a wholesaler place and bought a Master Spas hot tub. When we got it home, it worked great for four weeks. After that, it didn’t work at all. We contacted the guy that we bought it from but there was no help at all. So, we tried to fax them, we tried to document everything, and they just didn’t care. They said, "You're on your own." We're in Lancaster, Ohio, so we went to a place that sells parts and they charged us full price for the parts. What happened was we bought the hot tub and it had a cloth stuck in it through the pipeline. After that, we had to get a new motor on it and this was supposed to be a brand new tub. I couldn't use the tub and I couldn’t get any help from them when I called.

My husband called Master Spas directly and said, "What's up with this? It's supposed to be a lifetime warranty." Apparently, it's not a lifetime warranty. Once they sell it to you, you have to go to these individual dealers to get the parts. So, all of that stuff was not covered. We had to pay for everything and I was unhappy. We had a Master Spa before that and we loved it. I think it was more who we bought it from. It was the worst experience, it was horrible. I've read other reviews that were very similar. I will never ever buy a Master Spa again.

I love the product, I don’t like how they treat you after you bought it. And we had to pay additional new motors whenever anyone comes out to my house to look at my spa from just a 15-minute drive. The technician charged me $87 to look at my spa. Then, he went to this little strip mall, got the part, came back and then they charged me another $150 for the part. So, everything that they said when they said, "Oh, all your parts are covered and all that," that was a total lie. Never again will we ever go down that line.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Karen. We're so sorry to hear about this. As you mentioned in your review, it sounds like the issues lied more with your dealer than the product itself. Unfortunately, since we only manufacture the spas we don't get to have much of a hand in the purchasing and post-purchase experiences with our dealers. I'm assuming since you're in Lancaster, you were dealing with Rainbow Pools & Spas. We have several dealers in Ohio, including Maumee, Lima, Cincinnati, Mayfield, & Findlay. Although they aren't as conveniently located as Rainbow Pools, I'm sure they would be happy to help you. If you would like the contact information for any of those locations, feel free to email me at khess@masterspas.com. Also, all of our parts can be purchased online and delivered to your house. Here's a link to one of our online retailers: https://www.masterspaparts.com/

Again, we're so sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having with your dealer. We appreciate your honest feedback and hope that you see improvement with your service soon.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

There was a symposium with a bunch of hot tubs displayed on the floor in the convention center in St. Lucie. The salesperson was what sold us to get Master Spas but when we did a research, we found out that Master Spas was one of the higher ranking spas around and that helped us in deciding as well. Their team was very professional and courteous. We bought the triangular spa for three people and I’m very pleased with it. It has the heater, the waterfall feature, the lights, and the ability to adjust all the heads. We've had it for over a year now and we use it three or four times a week. I have a surgically repaired back and it makes a difference when I get home from either fishing, golfing or some other strenuous activity. It helps my muscles to lighten up a little bit and not be so tense.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

The Master Spas salesman talked me into buying the Michael Phelps Legend 800 Series. He was telling me how it's the best in the market and about the filtration system which made it sound good for me. It was the elite one and they were showing me all this paperwork on it. I didn't believe it all because anybody can write down anything but everybody sounded pretty straight up about it.

I had a Sundance before and it was a lot better than this hot tub. I have it for less than a year and I've had nothing but problems with the filters. They told me that I had to change the filters so I've changed every two and a half months. They completely lied to me about that because the guy told me that one filter would last about nine months. So far, I've went through four sets of filters on this hot tub which cost me $160 a pump. So, I had to pay $640 in filters. Then I come to find out that it was the pump that went bad. But I still got stuck with four sets of filters and the cartridge. Compared to that, the filter on my Sundance lasted me for almost two years because it was a giant filter. I paid $100, sprayed it off, then put it back in. I had my Sundance for nine years and although its pump went out in the first six months, they put a new one in and I've never had another problem with it.

Master Spas' reps also told me that they're going to come fix the hot tub anytime there's a problem. They said I just had to call and they'd be there. But when I did call, I had to wait until Monday before they could come fix it. Then, every time I call and tell them it's saying it's dry locked, they never came to show me how to work the thing. The people who sold it to me also said that for the first year, I don’t have to worry about anything because they'd come up and fix it for free. But when they came out, they hit me with an $80 travel charge and no one told me about that. Even in the beginning, they told me they'd have my spa in two to three weeks. When it came to three weeks, I called them and the salesman of Master Spas wouldn't even talk to me. Then, my hot tub came nine weeks later.

Now, I've got $10,000 in this thing and the top is sagging and it's got water sitting on it. With my Sundance, I went through two tops in nine years and the only reason I had to get a new top was because I had one kid who stood on it and broke it. So I'm considering getting a lawyer and suing Master Spas because I have exactly the opposite of what everybody promised me. I've been feeling really bummed out and I'm very dissatisfied with my experience.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Troy. We hate to hear stories like this. I've forwarded your review and contact information to our corporate customer care team - they should be in contact with you soon to discuss how we can help resolve these issues. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

We went to a home show and Master Spas had a sale on spa hot tubs. My wife decided that Masters Spas is the one she wanted. We got the fountain feature and all the different lights. Master Spas is much better compared to our previous one, which wasn’t as deep and we like it deep. Master Spas team has been very good and courteous. And, the quality of the spa has been very good too.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

My wife and I went to a spa sale at the Expo expecting from all the hype that we would see several manufacturers and be able to compare products. Instead Master Spas had the entire space to themselves. Not what we expected but, "Oh well let's take a look anyway." We checked out their products and decided on the 7' Twilight Model. The delivery was prompt and the guys did a good job getting it to the specified location. A week later our electrician wired her up and we were good to go... or so we thought.

2 weeks later the control panel went out... WTH. I called Master Spas and they directed me to a local spa store that does their service work. I called in the issue and spoke with the very nice folks at ** spa store and they put in an order for the new control panel. It's now 3 weeks later and Master Spas have yet to send them the panel. On top of that one side of the exterior panels was cut short and pops out of the corner pieces constantly and now both corner pieces are broken due to continuously having to try to get the panel to stay. If there were a zero star rating that's what I would give Master Spas... Junk!

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Peter. I'm so sorry you haven't had a good experience so far. I'm going to forward your review to our customer care department to make sure that your panels are getting sent out. Thank you for the honest feedback - we appreciate it.

Master Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Master Spas is the world’s largest swim spa manufacturer and is among the largest portable spa and hot tub manufacturers. It offers a number of hot tub brands for sale across the United States.

• Energy efficient spas: Master Spas uses an Icynene foam insulation on its spas to increase their energy-efficiency.

• Noise reduction: The motor on Master Spas’ spas and hot tubs is designed to vibrate 150% less than industry standards, which makes them quieter and more peaceful.

• Water sanitizing system: Master Spas uses a unique system called Mast3rPur™ that uses three natural water sanitizers. These ingredients improve water clarity, softness and scent.

• Made in the United States: Master Spas manufactures all of its hot tubs and swim spas in the United States, which helps to ensure quality control.

• Model options: Master Spas manufactures several brands and models of hot tubs, portable spas and swim spas in various sizes and configurations to fit your needs. Its brands include Michael Phelps Legend Series, Twilight Series, Healthy Living Hot Tubs and Clarity Spas.

• Swim spa options: For those who want the option to use their hot tub to swim, Master Spas offers two lines of swim spas, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas and H2X Fitness Swim Spas. These offer a hot tub at one end and a current of water at the other, so it can be used for both purposes simultaneously.

• Best for: those who want luxury hot tubs or swim spas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs