Call toll free
4.18/5
Based on 288 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

393 Master Spas, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

Master Spas had an all-out sale at the convention center here in Huntsville in February. And my wife and I went and took a look, and we really liked what we saw at the time. The Master Spas team was great! The guy showed us around all the different models and discussed the differences. We bought the LSX 800 hot tub. It has 70 jets and three different pumps. So, there was a lot of different therapy options with it.

We bought the hot tub in February, and they've delivered it in May after we had our pad for it and electrical done. I had one initial issue that I called on. The temperature was shot the very first time we got on. So, I kept trying to turn the pump. Then, the pumps would come on. So, I think it was stuck in the cool down motor and since I didn't know enough to know that, I called. And they had me do certain things and then wait till the next day and tried it again. Then, it worked. It was a learning curve.

Our hot tub was expensive but looking and comparing it to the other brands out there, it has higher quality. We went to the home decor and outdoor show at the same convention center a month later, and all the hot tubs that were there weren't even in the same ballpark as this one. They weren't as good looking and didn't have the features, so I got what I paid for. Also, one of the selling features was that it had the ozone and the mineral cartridge and stuff that reduce your need for chemicals. So, over the long run, it should be good.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We wanted a hot tub and we liked the Master Spas hot tub when we saw it. Compared to other hot tubs, it seems like it’s a fair price. And the majority of the jets on one seat is why I bought it. The Master Spas team answered all of our questions and we had a good experience with them. My wife was home when the spa was set up and she told me that she didn’t have any problems with it and the team was professional. Overall, Master Spas has a good spa.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Master Spas had a show at the convention center and their reps were helpful. We walked out with a $10,000 spa. And when we've had a couple of issues with the spa in the past they've been really helpful. We had to order new parts and had a problem with it but they've been very responsive. They had good records and were able to pull up what we have. They were able to find the proper parts versus saying, "You have to find your receipt and tell me what you got." They sent the stuff out next day like they said they were going to so I'm happy with them. And I would refer them out to people. The quality of the spa has also been good. We had another spa for 18 years and it died, so we needed a new one and we've been very pleased with this spa so far. I'm pretty critical and I'm very happy with what they've done. So use them.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Purchased a Twilight Master Spa 2 years ago. The spa itself seems to be a great hot tub. But it totally stopped working several weeks ago. It's still covered by a warranty. But getting someone out to fix it has become an extremely frustrating project. There's only one company locally that services their tubs covered by a warranty. And that company never answers their phone and never does a call-back. Finally did get one call-back 2 weeks ago; they set up a day to come out which has come and gone. Nobody showed up on that day, no one answered their phone again and didn't get a call-back. Now, four weeks into all this, I've called so many different people involved with the company including 3 more calls today and a sent email. Still no one from Master Spas making the effort to solve this problem and support their product. I could never recommend purchasing a Master Spa at this point; they simply don't stand behind their product.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I had looked at two or three hot tub manufacturers and I couldn’t tell a lot of difference between what I’d looked at. I went to a trade show event and I chose the Twilight Series 7.25 by Master Spas there. I bought it from a local dealer and he’s been very supportive. They brought it out and set it up. The tub is high-end and I like the number of jets it has. It had a Bluetooth audio system, a waterfall feature, and LED lights. I’m very satisfied with it so far and the cost was right in line with other high-end hot tubs. It wasn’t a lot cheaper or wasn’t more expensive. I use it mainly for hydrotherapy as I’ve got bad knees and ankles. And it’s helped with my old joints. Master Spas has a quality product, and the company and the authorized dealers stand behind their product. I'm a very satisfied customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: June 17, 2018

Master Spas had a showroom nearby and we liked the sales people and everything seemed right. We went to one of the big weekend sales Master Spas had at the mall and looked at them all and the 7 x 7 seven-person hot tub was the size that we wanted for the number of people we had in our family. It has a couple of little waterfalls, and has lights inside the tub, mainly hairs. Master Spas was very helpful. I have a large driveway and they had to bring it down when they installed it and we took it around the side of the house, put it on the lower back porch, and they handled it extremely well. Then they showed me how to put chemicals in. I've also called the office several times and they’ve helped me with different things that I've asked about.

We’ve only had it for six months but it seems to be great. We’re getting ready to change the water for the first time. But everything has worked out extremely nice. It has been worth it so far and it's very comfortable. I have a three-year warranty so I'm happy with that. It’s been a good experience. I come home with sore arms some days and since we got the hot tub, I'm not having that muscle problem. My arms are like they were beforehand.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I bought a Master Spas tub and everything was good. It has two pumps on it but I kind of feel like they’re a little bit underpowered. But I had Cal Spas right before this and the jets aren’t necessarily as hard. This tub is much deeper and bigger than the Cal Spas so that’s nice and I’m very happy with it.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I purchased a hot tub from Master Spas. We had been looking around for several months and we went to a fair where a whole bunch of companies was set out at the fair ground area. We had been looking at Master Spas and it seemed it was a nice unit. Their reps were great. They took their time in explaining everything to us. We were impressed with the price too compared to what we were looking at. The people that delivered it and set it all up for us were awesome. They unloaded it and they had plenty of help there because it was a big 8 x 8. They made sure that they were able to get it off carefully without damaging it. They set it up where we wanted it and went over everything with us. We use our spa every day and so far, the quality has been great. It's so easy to keep clean and we're tickled pink with it. If somebody would ask me where to go to get a spa, I'd definitely send them to Master Spas.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My wife likes the lounger and I like something that has jets on my back and the spa that we got from Master Spas just fits what we like. We saw it at the fair and it had a good price. They were very workable, so we struck a deal. The last one we had was an in-ground with a pool, and the Master Spa is 100 times better. When I had the house built, I had electrical to the outside by one of the spa and then the master electrician put the plug in. The company that delivered it had a guy came out and said that we have to provide the wiring. So I got the wiring but the guy hooked it up wrong. And it did what it was supposed to do and it dropped offline. Then they said our board was fried and we had to buy stuff.

I called the owner and he said he would get someone out here right away and we wouldn't have to wait for six weeks. He had somebody out virtually the next day and he got it up and running. My wife and I use the spa quite often. We go out there in the evening for 15 minutes and then we go and take showers. It’s quite relaxing.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Master Spas sales guy was great. For any information we needed to know, we picked his brain, and he was very knowledgeable. Master Spas is the best and my overall experience with them was really good. They keep sending me emails saying, "If you need anything, just give a shout." And I don't think I could get any of that from anybody else that I know of. I got a three-man tub from them and it's a run-of-the-mill, but I like it a lot. With my line of work and since my body's getting old, I use it a lot. I would tell my friends to get one.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I bought the Twilight from Master Spas after I did a research online for the quality of hot tubs. I've had four hot tubs over the years, and Master Spas is the best. The cost is good, too. Its jets are much larger than normal jets. They are adjustable individually and then the lighting is LED with nine different colors. I had a little bit of a lighting issue initially and the Master Spas team came out and fixed it and I was very satisfied with their quality as well as doing it in an expeditious manner.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I wanted to share a couple of observations regarding the Master Spas company, product, and support. As noted by many of the comments be very aware of how they install (or don't install) your new spa. MasterSpa contracts with some local guys to carry the spa into your home and place it on or near the location of choice. They do not set it up or connect the electrical. The delivery guys are often very uninterested in anything other than dumping the tub in your yard and moving on. No input on startup or maintenance. Just minimal delivery.

Despite this initial experience, we were able to get the tub in place and we had another electrician hook up the power. Once up and running the Twilight Series 7 tub has been a solid product. It requires more maintenance than our prior tub and the filters need cleaning more often to keep the water clear. Given the sales guys pitch around ease of use, I would suggest you think more about ongoing maintenance as a part of the decision to buy.

In the past month, one of the diverter valves broke and it was painful getting the part from Master Spas. They did after three weeks finally deliver the part with no instruction or guidance. The customer support team was wildly average in all ways. So, in conclusion, I would not recommend buying from this company. Master Spas sells thorough events, has no stores and local staff, and ongoing support will likely get worse as the warranty period ends.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We went to buy a pool suite for our pool and Master Spas was having a sale on their 2017. My husband and I had already been talking about getting a spa because I had neck and back issues and he has back issues. We thought having a spa would help so we purchased the HL7 Healthy Living spa from Master Spas. It has 54 jets and it has the specified neck and back which is why we bought it. They offered us a good deal and told us this is specifically designed for therapeutic like what we were needing.

It also has 2 pumps on it and the ozonator which helps keep the bacteria down. We were concerned about keeping our water clean because it's up at 100-plus degrees all the time. It also has the lounge chair in it with multiple jets for the bottoms of my feet and the backs of my legs. They also gave us the cover, the holder for the cover, steps and everything else with it. Since getting the spa, we've enjoyed it and we stay in it about 30 minutes at a time. It's of great quality.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We had an old Jacuzzi for about 15 years and we got tired of fixing it. We decided to get a new hot tub and we needed something that could sit at least four people. We picked the 5-seater Master Spa at Primo Hot Tubs because of the recliner feature and the number of jets in the seats. It was also the right size for what we wanted At the time, it was on sale because there was a show special. We bought it right there and Primo came out and put it in for me.

There were three or four installers who came out and went into my backyard. I had built a 20x20 enclosed porch that I wanted to put the new tub in. The old Jacuzzi had been sitting on a slab outside. But it gets so hot down here in Texas that most of the time, it’s too hot to even use a hot tub. So, I built a 20x25 porch, enclosed it and had it air-conditioned to put the Master Spa tub in. I made a door for them to be able to get into the building but they had a devil of a time. The dimensions were correct but it was a tight squeeze. Still, we got the tub in.

Since then, we've had the tub for two years and we use it for hydrotherapy. We're old folks and it helps us get moving. The Jacuzzi product that we had before was a round tub and it was used when we got it. While it worked, the hot tub from Master Spas is lot better. It’s got a lot more jets in it. We use our Master Spas hot tub all the time. It really makes a difference when we get sore and achy to be able to sit in the tub, have a couple of drinks and relax and get a massage. It keeps us going. I got 15 years out of my Jacuzzi. I'm hoping I get that long out of my Master Spa. Overall, it was a good purchase and I recommend this company.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We were on a lookout for a hot tub and Master Spas was at the fairgrounds. I got the hot tub that was small enough to fit the spot that we wanted it for and it would only be two of us using it. The people at Master Spas have been helpful with any questions I've had. But we have a temperature problem. It keeps going up to about 105 or 106, even though we just want it set at 96. I’m tired of just troubleshooting over the phone. It’s only temporary fix. I would like somebody to come out and actually show us a permanent solution. But I don’t know if anybody would be willing to do that. Because every time we call, they troubleshoot over the phone and then it doesn’t really resolve it. Also, it was a little pricey since we didn't have that many jets for what we paid.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We liked Master Spas' reviews, price and location. We got our tub because it was bigger and it fit more people in it. I like that there is one seat that had the jets that came down. The lights are also really nice and the water feature, too. The only issue was we had some electrical problems at the beginning, but they got all that worked out. Everybody in the dealership has been great. They bent over backwards trying to get everything to work and get it to us when we needed it and fix the issue. If the tub breaks in five years, I won’t be very happy.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We bought a Healthy Living spa two years ago and it's a good value. We use it a lot in the winter. Also, the people from Master Spas were great in terms of customer service and installation.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We got the Twilight hot tub from Master Spas. It's a little two-person triangular-shaped hot tub, and it has lights and you can add music to it if you want. We saw it during a spa show in our expo center in Temple, Texas. It had a good price and the Master Spas team was friendly and helpful. I love the quality of the hot tub. I only had one problem with it and it was my fault, but they came out and fixed it and didn't charge me anything for it. They have good customer service. I used to get massages every month, but since I can incorporate the hot tub into my routine, I haven't even had a massage in the last three months. I just get in the hot tub and feel much better. It's definitely worth what I spent on it.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My wife wanted a new hot tub and Master Spas had a show at a fair ground. We went to this show where they had a bunch of hot tubs set up, and we saw one we liked. They were very nice people to deal with. However, when they came over, they dropped off the hot tub and pretty much left. They didn’t set it up enough, they didn’t make the hot tub work and they didn’t hook up the electric. I understand that they're not electricians, but they should send some kind of electrician that's certified to set these hot tubs up. For the money that they charge me, they need to deliver it to my house, fill it with water, plug it in, set it up and make sure it's 100% right and I'm 100% happy.

Also, I got more value for the money with my other hot tub than my Master Spas one. I'm having trouble keeping the water clear and I don't know if it's something I'm doing or if it's the hot tub itself. They never gave me any instructions on how to operate the tub. They gave me a box of chemicals, and when I bought the tub they told me, "With this new super filter we have in there, you don't even need to worry about that." But I still need to worry about the PH balance, and I still have an issue with the cloudiness of the water. But other than that, it seems to be okay. It's good quality, but it's a little bit overpriced. I could probably get a different brand with the same features for maybe cheaper.

Original review: June 8, 2018

There was a show in town we went to and we found a hot tub that met what we were looking for. We didn't know what we were looking for other than a particular seating and make sure it had sprays and easy to take care of. The rep at the show was very helpful, very patient and asked a lot of questions, so that he could guide us to the right one that we were looking for. We purchased the hot tub from Master Spas and I love it. It's easy maintenance and everything's working out as expected. We like to go out there in the evening and just relax a little bit, a couple of times a week, even in the winter. We've had it a couple of years now.

However, the tub is not cheap. But, considering prices, it was reasonable. A little more than what we would have liked to have paid. But comparing it to some of the research I have done on others online, and for what we were looking for, the price was comparable. Even the installation was wonderful too. They were all very good about getting it here and installed.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We went to a spa show, saw a Master Spas Twilight Series tub and fell in love with it. It has the light system inside, 16 jets, and two pumps. I had a back surgery so it has helped a little bit.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We went to one of the biggest sales that Master Spas had. We liked their toilet and we bought it. Then we were having mixed information from the local company and other people that dealt with Master Spas on how we should deal with the chemicals, so we sent some email and then they just sent me an email response to my question in a timely manner.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I like the strength of the jets and spa of the Michael Phelps. Also, it's easy to clean and the lights are kinda neat. It's a topnotch spa. The reps were knowledgeable and it was an easy purchasing process.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I walked into Aqua Spas on a whim and I liked the color and the amount of jets in the Master Spas HL 7. In the spur of the moment, I decided to take the hot tub home. But I actually walked into Aqua Spas a month before and it was very quick. I also explored some other stores around town. There was a lot of timing involved, seeing what they have in stock, being patient and learning about the spas.

The people were cordial but the follow-through wasn’t the greatest on certain things. As a first time hot tub purchaser, I wasn’t sure if we needed a pad or how to really go about that, and I was looking for a little guidance, direction and recommendation from them. But they couldn’t really guide me anywhere. It was more or less like someone with a code. They said they would call me back but then they never called me back. I had to follow up a couple times and still, they never called me back. It was nothing of major importance though. Still, I would recommend them. We love the spa and we’re thankful to have it. It’s definitely good for relaxation. That’s what we really enjoy the most out of it. It’s a nice way to end the day and I try to use it every night. Everybody in the family really enjoys it and our two sons love it.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I liked the Michael Phelps spa's size and number of jets. It has a lounging seat and then the rest of the seats fit in. I also like the depth of it, the various controls, that are three separate pumps, the lighting in it and that it has a double filter. Also, it's got the plastic pan on the bottom because the wood framing doesn't sit on the concrete directly and soak up the water that's underneath. It comes in a pan. My other one is the wood framing and for whatever reason they don't use treated lumber and it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And this spa doesn't use treated lumber either. I can't imagine it's more expensive to use treated lumber than if you use regular lumber but I would like to have it be treated lumber.

But the other one that I had, sit on the concrete and gets water underneath it and then ultimately it would rot. This one has a pan that's underneath the entire spa so that the wood never is in contact with the ground. So thereby, I'm expecting it to last much longer. That's a real good selling point but the sales guy has never talked about that kind of stuff. If I were a sales guy, I would be like, "Yeah, I have one and it doesn't have this plastic pan on the bottom and the wood rots. So what do you want? You can get this one over here with the wood rots and this one with a pan underneath it and it's gonna be safe."

When they came to deliver it, I had two short guys show up in a truck with a trailer on it. They did a fine job for what they had to work with but just getting the thing off was a real pain. They lowered the spa on the trailer with a forklift and getting that thing off was ridiculously hard. The spa is 1200 pounds empty. I had to help. I was there pumping this thing down to its place. The cart that they had was kind of rickety and I had to go get some lumber that I happen to have here at the house and use for props and lifts. I had to use my dally, I had to use a whole bunch of my stuff to get the spa in place. It was all we could do to get the spa down there with three men. If I hadn't been here to help, the two guys weren't gonna get it there. A man cannot move 600 pounds. They needed more help. But other than that, the spa seems to run well and I've been pretty satisfied.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We've owned hot tubs for 20 plus years so we knew what things to expect and look for as far as features. We bought a Master Spas TS 7.2 from an independent dealer because of its price and number of jets. And I'm very pleased with the jet layouts and the different configuration that we were able to get that benefited both myself and my wife. She's much shorter than I am which could pose some problems with some hot tub options. I had both knees replaced in the last two years. I also have joint and shoulder issues. The hot tub helps with the day-to-day stresses, muscle soreness and joint pain. We use it almost daily and it's simple, easy and straightforward to upkeep. Even with people who don't have a lot of knowledge on hot tubs, it doesn't take much to get on board with what they need to do if willing.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I bought a Michael Phelps Swim Spa that's 20-foot on and a separate nine-person hot tub from Master Spas after I saw the Master Spas reviews online and the quality of it. Their salesman was very thorough as far as making sure all my questions were answered and giving me information about the stuff and the quality of the tub is excellent.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I ran into the people at Master Spas at a spa showcase that they had here in town, and everybody I dealt with was cool and easy to deal with, all the way through the financing. They even gave candies for me to chew on while I waited. The Twilight 7 had the right design and size, plus the pricing was right in what was expected. It's a basic spa with fancy lighting and a little waterfall if I want it. It's got a warranty and there are also plenty of jets in it. I've had it since February and I had one problem with it, which took a couple of trips out to get it fixed. On the left knee jet in the lounger, the hose was shorter than it needed to be and thus was impinged when they put the foam in it. Whoever the QA guy was that day should have seen that and shouldn't have allowed it to happen. Once we pulled all the foam out, it was a pain in the butt. But Master Spas' warranty service through their vendor has proven to be good since they stood up to their warranty.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My wife did some research on the internet for different brand names, and somebody that we knew had purchased from Master Spas about a year or so earlier. We looked at the information that was available as far as the product, and they had a show. When we went to the show, we picked out what we wanted. There were a couple of reps there who were very knowledgeable about the product. Also, they were good about getting it scheduled to get out and deliver to us without any problems. We got a CLS Precision 7 and so far, we haven't had problems with it. It's got jets, lights and a fountain. It's got an internal marble-like finish and the cabinet's real nice. It works very well and the cost of it compared to other stuff that we were looking at was fair. Right now, everything works fine so I would recommend them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I got the Master Spas Twilight 8.3 and the tub was nice looking. The salespeople from Suntek Spa didn't pressure me at all when I bought it. The hot tub is perfect. The price was also somewhat a big factor why I bought it because most tubs in that quality were 15 grand. I paid about $11,000 so it was much cheaper. It feels strongly made and the jets are very powerful. It's good for a massage which is what I bought it for. And it's also easy to keep clean which I was worried about. I sleep like a baby now because of it. And it's also relaxing for my wife. If you're looking for a hot tub purchase it.

Master Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Master Spas is the world’s largest swim spa manufacturer and is among the largest portable spa and hot tub manufacturers. It offers a number of hot tub brands for sale across the United States.

• Energy efficient spas: Master Spas uses an Icynene foam insulation on its spas to increase their energy-efficiency.

• Noise reduction: The motor on Master Spas’ spas and hot tubs is designed to vibrate 150% less than industry standards, which makes them quieter and more peaceful.

• Water sanitizing system: Master Spas uses a unique system called Mast3rPur™ that uses three natural water sanitizers. These ingredients improve water clarity, softness and scent.

• Made in the United States: Master Spas manufactures all of its hot tubs and swim spas in the United States, which helps to ensure quality control.

• Model options: Master Spas manufactures several brands and models of hot tubs, portable spas and swim spas in various sizes and configurations to fit your needs. Its brands include Michael Phelps Legend Series, Twilight Series, Healthy Living Hot Tubs and Clarity Spas.

• Swim spa options: For those who want the option to use their hot tub to swim, Master Spas offers two lines of swim spas, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas and H2X Fitness Swim Spas. These offer a hot tub at one end and a current of water at the other, so it can be used for both purposes simultaneously.

• Best for: those who want luxury hot tubs or swim spas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs