2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

4.1/5 (102 ratings)

About Master Spas

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Pros

• Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor

Cons

• Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Bottom Line

Master Spas is one of the few tub companies to use biomagnetic therapy with hydrotherapy for better pain management. Its hot tubs are less customizable, but the combination swim spas and hot tubs let you relax or exercise.

Top Master Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The installation of my spa was easy to schedule. Master Spas went around whatever time I had open and worked with me. They were very accommodating ... I've been pretty happy with ...

Verified

... I’m very happy with the tub. The size of the tub as well as the lighting are great. I’m in New England so the heater keeps things running even in the coldest days. So, with th...

About Master Spas

Master Spas sells a variety of hot tubs and swim spas that are excellent for relaxation or staying in shape. Master Spas swim spas are perfect for customers who want their swim spa to double as a low-impact exercise tool and family pool. The Master Spas H2X fitness spa can also be used as a hot tub.

Select models also come with innovative technology, such as multiple speed levels and therapeutic seat and jet placement.

Master Spas hot tubs

Master Spas creates a variety of hot tubs to suit different needs and budgets. The manufacturer's line has four series of hot tubs, each of which contains multiple models.

• The Twilight series includes eight hot tubs, all of which seat three to seven people. Standard features include ergonomic seating, a biomagnetic therapy system and an Orion light system. Optional features offered are Wi-Fi, Dream Lighting, a natural water sanitizing system and more. Capacity ranges from 200 to 395 gallons, and all tubs are 34 to 38 inches deep. Their dimensions range from 78 inches by 78 inches to 94 inches by 94 inches. Every tub has 36 to 49 jets.
  • The Getaway Series includes four affordable hot tubs that are lightweight and durable. Several models are plug-and-play, requiring only a 120-volt outlet. Standard options include Duramaster Polymer cabinets, EcoPur Charge water filtration, stainless-steel massage jets and Colorscape LED lighting. Capacity ranges from 225 gallons to 390 gallons.
  • The Michael Phelps Legend series has features that vary by tub, but premium options include lighting, sound and Wi-Fi add-ons.
  • Clarity series spas come with EcoPur Charge Water Purification, StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats and better energy efficiency. Optional hot tub features include Dream Lighting and a Fusion Air sound system. The six models seat five to eight people and have between 28 and 57 jets. The largest model is 108 inches by 94 inches by 38 inches, and the smallest model is 70 inches by 84 inches by 34 inches.

Master Spas prices

Most Master Spas hot tubs cost between $6,000 and $15,000. Master Spas doesn't display pricing online, but you can find the cost of specific models by contacting your nearest Master Spas dealer. You can also request hot tub or swim spa pricing using Master Spas' contact forms. You may be able to trade in your used hot tub or get financing to pay for a new one.

Master Spas accessories

Master Spas offers several accessories to customize your hot tub. Some accessories are designed for safety, including rails, steps and Master Spas' covers.

Master Spas FAQ

How much are Master Spas hot tubs?
Master Spas’ tub pricing starts around $4,000. The price for each model depends on your location. Contact your local dealer for exact pricing information.
How do you maintain a Master Spas hot tub?
Cleaning your Master Spas filters every month involves a few steps:
  1. Remove large debris from the filter.
  2. Spray the filter down with a hose.
  3. Place the filter in 5-gallon bucket with the appropriate cleaning agent and let it soak overnight.
  4. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
  5. Put the filter back.

Master Spas' EcoPur Charge filter only needs to be removed and rinsed before being placed back.

To clean your Master Spas hot tub:

1. Drain the tub.
  2. Wipe it down with a soft cloth and acrylic-friendly cleaner.
  3. Spot treat any stubborn mineral buildup with white vinegar or a Magic Eraser.
  4. Thoroughly rinse any spa pillows and the tub shell.

When done, fill the tub back up with water and add in Master Spas chemicals to keep the water balanced.

How do you drain a Master Spas hot tub?
To drain a Master Spas hot tub, locate the drain assembly behind the tub skirt panel and remove the cap. You can also attach a garden hose to the end of the drain assembly.
How do you winterize a Master Spas hot tub?
Master Spas hot tubs are usable year-round. Master Spas does not recommend you winterize the hot tub.
Do Master Spas hot tubs come with a warranty?
Master Spas’ warranties vary by the hot tub or swim spa series. Clarity Spas have a standard limited warranty of one to three years on Master Spas parts. Swim spas in the Michael Phelps Legend Series have a 10-year standard warranty on the spa structure, a seven-year warranty on the shell surface and a five-year warranty on plumbing. All warranty repairs include replacement parts and labor.

Are Master Spas good?

Master Spas has a great selection of U.S.-made hot tubs and swim spas that are durable and competitively priced. Its tubs are easy to clean, come with several feature options and have strategically placed jets for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. The company is an excellent choice for people looking for a multipurpose spa, but it may not appeal to those who want the ability to personalize their hot tub with multiple custom features.

Master Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: July 2, 2021

We NEED our hot tub! Husband has spinal injuries from auto accident, I have back injuries from lifting people at work. We have owned hot tubs at last 4 homes- 1 VitaSpa followed by 3 different models of Hot Spring spas. When researching latest and greatest tech in hot tubs, Master Spas was top of the list for therapeutic features (magnetic pain relief, targeted jets) as well as construction quality. The nearest store was Southeast Spas, I called to ask about availability and was told orders were running a year out due to pandemic delays. We were happy with our Hot Springs spas, so I contacted a dealership for them- same answer, a year for an order to be received. The pandemic not only delayed construction because of factory closings, but materials were also an issue.

Just about convinced we would HAVE to wait a year, I saw an online ad for a National Hot Tub Expo here in Ocala, FL. I called the phone listed to inquire about brands of tubs, was DELIGHTED to learn it was Master Spas! I spoke with Troy ** when I called, he was nice enough to find out what models would be at the show. He called back and told me a Twilight 7.2 and an 8.2 would be available, and I immediately responded "I WANT THE 7.2, no questions, I've DONE my research".

Understanding our physical need for the tub, Troy agreed to meet us at the Expo, we signed the contract Friday afternoon, understanding the tub would be delivered after the conclusion of the show. We got the delivery notice the NEXT DAY, and the tub was delivered by Ian and Robert (2 VERY professional gentlemen) they did an AMAZING job manipulating our tub between tight spaces to get it onto the concrete pad in the backyard. They even gave us instruction for moving the tub into its final position! The day after the Hot Tub Expo ended I received another phone call from Southeast Spas to inform me if I was still in the market a few hot tubs were still available. Our experience so far has been very professional, with excellent follow-up on our inquiries, and fast, efficient sales and delivery experience. We can hardly wait for the concrete pad to cure so our new hot tub can be placed and connected- stay tuned for product satisfaction review!

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2021

We didn't know about Master Spas till we went to a show that was up in Washington where we ended up buying one. I saw the ad for the show on the phone. We were looking for a spa and we looked at a couple others. We would pursue one of those swim spas and I thought, “Well, if we went up there to the show, they probably have some, and we'd have an idea of what they're like and what they run, the price and all this and that." We went up there, and I didn't realize that it was just Master Spas they were all saying, which was fine.

They have a few different features to them, but there were different models. When we went back, we did a little reading up on Master Spas. We were very impressed with the attitude and the priorities that the company has in terms of supporting Christian schools. We were very pleased that God had brought us up there, because not only was the spa impressive, but doing business with a company like that is always desirable from our point of view.

The one we ended up with was a Clarity Balance 9. When we first bought it, it took a couple of weeks before they scheduled delivery and got it set up. We also had to go South for a family thing and then we had to get the electrical ran and all of the things that we had to do to hook one up. When I opened it up and was able to see inside there, I was impressed with the two big motors and the size of the plumbing. It's a quality unit made well. Our need for it is for my wife because she does all her Pilates and all her exercises in the water. She needed a bigger spa than normal because she's kicking and doing all those kinds of stuff. That was what caught her eye with this one. Plus, we’ve got nine grandkids, so they can all go in there at the same time.

Also, Master Spas has that Eco Filter on them, which is a real added feature. With what my wife and I understood though, the salesman represented it a little bit as, “You don't have to do that kind of stuff that you had to do with other spas.” In reality, it's not a whole lot different. You still have to balance your water, check the spa, take care of it, and change your filters. We just ordered some more filters, so we have those. My wife had another spa before and it’s what we used to do. When you take them out, you'd have to let the bigger one dry and we wanted to have that to replace it. We've got a couple of backups now, so we're ready to do that. We've had the spa functioning for two months now. We also bought a couple of other little things for it like the step and the handrail, which have all been put on. It’s doing a good job for my wife. She is the one who uses the spa and she hasn't used it a whole lot, but she’s really enjoying it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

When I went in their showroom, I was looking at this Michael Phelps spa but the Twilight Series jets were more concentrated in the corners where we would be sitting more versus the Michael Phelps version. They sold us what was coming off the product line for Master Spas. I did take a brochure home with me and then when I got there, I saw there were these features you could add on that I would have gotten initially. So we did call back and add on.

We ordered the spa in July with the expected delivery date of October. There was a light package that you could add and a different filtration system. But if we would have gotten those additions, it would have pushed the delivery of the spa out until March of 2021. So once we found that out, we went with the one that we could get sooner. I asked them why they didn't upsell me and the rep told me that Master Spas is pretty much running a standard model with options off the floor just because of the demand. The Master Spas reps were very helpful and knowledgeable. It was a really good experience.

The spa has a great quality. We’ve had it since October and we've been using it a lot. The only kind of weird thing was they deliver the spa and then the electrician comes out, so you don't get to turn the spa on until after they leave. So they were telling us how to use it before there was water in it or we could do anything with it. I wish they would have demoed me after the electrician. But they're available. I call and the rep walks me through stuff. They've got videos in which they want you to leverage those too. I read the book and watched the videos. Then when I did go into the shop to get some new supplies, I asked them some questions and they showed me on a model in the shop how certain things work. So that helped out.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

We've been in the market for a hot tub off and on for a couple years. But now that it's getting closer to retirement for my husband, he started to get serious about it. With the pandemic, we haven't been going to the gym. We went to half a dozen different stores around here and did a lot of research on the internet about the pros and cons of different spas. Master Spas have been around for quite a long time and the reviews in general, seemed to be in their favor. The dealer was two miles from our house, which was desirable, and they had a few floor models. We saw one on the floor that we liked. The parts and the warranties fit our bills and the price was good. They were expensive but I understand that it was the going rate. All those factors seemed to fit our requirements. So, we were happy.

We got the Twilight series and it fits perfectly. We have it in our garage. We've got a three-car garage and we live in a townhouse. We didn't want it outside but we didn't want it inside. So, this is the best of both worlds. I like the jets a lot and my favorite is the high-powered jet. It's been easier than we thought to figure out the chemistry aspect of it. And so far, we've only had the hot tub for about three weeks. We haven't had any problems yet but I was hoping that if we would have an issue, we would get some good help from our local person and they would work with us and help us to resolve it timely, and with very minimum charge, if anything.

We started looking this past summer and we pulled the trigger in August but we did not get the spa until November 20th. I understood about the pandemic and I was very understanding about the production but we had to wait three months to get the spa. So, that was a little disappointing. Also, we didn't get a quote deal for getting a floor model. But it's been a good experience with Master Spas. We’re new in the game here and I'm hopeful that the experience will continue and that they will be receptive to anything we have.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

We purchased a 15-seater tub from Master Spas. It’s 8 foot wide and 15 foot long, with 46 rings on it. So we’re very happy with it. We went down to the expo and this was their fifth year at our convention center. We caught them on the last day and my wife fell in love with it. She has enjoyed it much more than I have. We ended up paying about $22,000 but it was retailing for around 30,000. The distributor is Florida-based and we've got to give them a call. Hopefully, he's got somebody close by. We experienced Hurricane Zeta and it tore the wrap off. It is useless because it’s been compromised on the strapping part of it. The straps are all fabric and it’s a zip type thing. It needs to be replaced.

We did not get any forecast of this 110 mile an hour wind. There’s a fellow across the street, next block over from us, who has a wind gauge and he said that he had multiple hits of 110 miles an hour. We had some trouble but it’s not the spa’s fault. I had even purchased for that occasion. I bought a special tarp and had it set up where I could just put rubber straps all the way around the whole thing. These things are about two inches wide and about half inch thick but I didn't dare go outside because I had a 110 mile an hour pieces of roofing coming at me. My wife was thinking that it would rip it off but I didn’t think it would have.

Everything went well. The delivery, the sale and the spa were great. The only problem I have with that spa is that for females, it’s hard to get the cover opened. The only way is to buy a more expensive one for it, which is electric. They could have offered it but I might be able to buy something where I can hook it because there are two pieces of covering. It got metal bars on the back side of each side that are framed with it, and they move with it. I can connect it to the bars and have a strap, and she might be able to pull it a lot easier. I’ll think of something and maybe Master Spas can come up with an idea where you could put it on there and hold it. And when you take it up, you’re gonna have to release it or something will put it down quite easily.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I purchase a hot tub in Jan of 2021. Paradise Spa's # was the representative for Master Spas. Paradise was up front telling us it would be 4 to 6 months before our hot tub would be delivered due to the Covid. It is now Oct 19, 2021, and I finally got a delivery date. This is after I had to change my color skirting. Paradise has avoided most communication with me, so during the 9 months I have been in the dark. All my information has come from the internet. It is very disconcerting when I see other people saying they received delivery when they purchased theirs after I did.

I took 10+ thousand dollars out of my retirement savings because my husband's doctor said their biometrics system would be good for his back and I didn’t want to go into debt buying. That is money that could have been working for us. I am not sure if the product is worth all of this. Won’t know for a week or so. But I would suggest anyone thinking about purchasing anything from Master Spas – Deposit Only!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I bought a Master spa and they have changed some things from the ones that were made previously. It is terrible!! I have a 6 seater and if you want a pressure that is sufficient to stimulate muscles and joints, this is NOT for you. If you want enough pressure you MUST turn off all jets in other seat for it to be effective in one seat. I couldn't believe it with the money I spent and how inefficient this unit is. I bough one of the best units. Master Spas is way over priced for the efficiency of the product.

I had one a few years ago and it was wonderful. All seats had great pressure at the same time. Not anymore. I spoke with several people from the company over 8 times and finally was told after months of waiting that if I wanted to spend another $3500 they would switch it out. I already spent way too much and was not about to get ripped off a second time so I denied the offer.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The sales reps were good. But one thing we were not happy about was how they downplayed the cost of electrical hook up. It was a lot more expensive than what they said it would be. That kept us from getting the product installed for an extended period of time because we didn't have enough extra to do that. Master Spas was great. They honored their commitment. We could have been left with paying and getting no product but they delivered and we were grateful. Also, when we bought our spa, we were told we could keep it in the warehouse until we were ready to pick it up. That ended up being a longer period than we thought it would be. We didn't get it installed and running until 10 weeks ago and we were past the warranty of it when it was delivered. But as far as actually using it, it's like brand new.

Also, if I pay $10,000 for something, I want it to be perfect. I can change the color schemes and when I'm on green, one of the LEDs is red. I called about it and nobody got back with me. There are also some stuff on the LCD panel which are hard to read, like the numbers are upside. It wasn't like that initially but now it looks weird. We're out of luck because we're out of warranty even though we probably shouldn't be because we didn't get the spa set up until recently.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I understand during Covid a lot of manufacturing has experienced supply chain issues and that our new norm is to wait 5-6 months for a manufactured product. With all that being said my spa was delivered on 5/31/2021. I have not yet been inside my $7000 hot tub. First it took months for them to get me the plug just to get electric to it. After I filled it and primed it and got it ready to use, the console has an error code on it. No one knew what the error code meant for the hot tub. After it took weeks to find out the error code was the part was put on order. The hot tub works but runs constantly and I have no idea what the temp is. I was told it was a board and have been waiting 2 months for that. I am not new to hot tub since I had one for 15 years prior and know that this is not how it is suppose to work. As a consumer I would not recommend this manufacture or their sales representatives Southeast Spas to anyone.

Master Spas response

Hi Joan. We're sorry to hear that you've had issues with your spa. We show on our end that the parts needed have been delivered to the service center that will be doing the repair. It is up to them at this point to figure out when they will be able to come out and fix it. We'd recommend reaching out to them with any questions about when that repair will happen. Thanks for the honest feedback and we hope to hear that you're able to use your spa soon!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

The quality of Master Spas was really good when we looked at them. We compared some of the prices too. We had a guy who showed us the spas and told us all about it. He let us compare everything. We liked what was there so we bought one. The quality is fantastic and I love it. It’s really been helping my fibromyalgia pain.

Master Spas Company Information