2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Master Spas Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I found Master Spas at The Big E when I happened to be walking around and checking all the different hot tub tents. I do sales for a living and I sell roofing, siding, and windows. Master Spa uses the same finance company that I use for work. The other spa places also used the same thing, but a lot of the sales guys didn't know what they were talking about. One guy was like drunk talking to me and he said, "Yeah, you can tell me about financing." So I told him, "I'm not gonna go with you because you don't know what you're talking about." Then, I went to Master Spa and bought from them because of their sales guy. We had to walk in and the guy was really cool. He even had the same name as me. The way he did his sales was like me too. I had to buy it from him 'cause he was the one that sold the whole thing, knew what he was talking about about everything, and was really laid-back.

I like that the spa has the lights on it and I like the eco filter, the way that I could change out all the jets. The sales guy went through a whole bunch of stuff showing us all the different stuff about it and I liked everything that he showed me. It was different than some of the other stuff I seen, and it is the perfect size 'cause I needed a certain size which they had. So, because they had exactly what I was looking for and the guy knew exactly what he was talking about, the whole experience was made 10 times easier.

The guys who did the delivery were awesome. They had to take out my old hot tub and it was a pain as the thing is heavy. They had to come over around the back and had to do a lot of work. I was surprised. I told them, "I hope you guys are getting paid a lot of money," 'cause they were tired. I haven't had a bad thing happen yet except for one of the fuses was blown in the hot tub when I got it. I had to drive around and find another fuse to put in there. My brother-in-law is an electrician, so he knew what he was doing. He just told me what to get, I grabbed it, and he put it in. So, the whole experience was good. They also have a video for every process with the hot tub too that I can just look up online, so it's simple.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I was impressed with the level of therapeutic spas that Master Spas had available. And the ones that we had been looking at had some things to it, but Master Spas combined everything with the jets and the way they were assembled and the quality that they had in it. My Master Spas worked great, and I'm more impressed now that I've used it than what it was. I have a lower back problem. I was in law enforcement and was shot and I have a low back disc problem. And the therapeutic part of it helps a lot. It’s really a lifesaver. It’s awesome when it comes to the therapy part. The sit-down seat and the lounger both work really well. In addition to that, I've had other spas many years ago, and they were always a little bit to the upkeep. And my Master Spas has some features on it like the ozone and this other part that’s on that, and it really has made the chemical treatment super easy. The maintenance is really a breeze.

Making the purchase was excellent. We ended up going to a show in our local area in Huntsville, Alabama. And at that show, I was thinking there was going to be multiple spas there, so we were just gonna kinda walk through to compare. I was about 90% sure I was gonna go with a local vendor on a different manufacturer, and I’d looked at it pretty thoroughly. But once I got there, there weren’t numerous spas, but this Master Spas was there. And the person gave me the whole rundown on what it was, and she was very thorough with the explanation. Her interview worked really good, too, because she asked what our needs were. So, she wasn’t just trying to plug in something she wanted. She found out what the most important features were for us. Her knowledge was really impeccable.

The installation went very well. As a matter of fact, we got there from the last day which afforded us two things. Number one, I didn’t expect to get the delivery that day. I figured they’d do another day or two, or even the following week. And to my surprise, they scheduled me in that day. It was a few hours outside of the purchase. Unfortunately, they were backed up and they didn’t make that time, which I'm not surprised because they had sold so many of the spas. But the delivery people had called me and gave me a heads-up early on that they would make the delivery that night, and they gave me the option whether I wanted them to just come out the next day. And I said, “Well, if you guys can do it this night, that’d be fine.” They did meet me back at house, and sure enough, they delivered it that evening.

I would highly recommend Master Spas. We had a follow-up after the spa was delivered. The spa is everything we thought and then some. But then one of the jets on the lounger wasn’t functioning. And I did everything I could to make sure that I wasn’t messing something up or why one of the jets wasn’t working. I made a single phone call, and the following day, they were coming out.

Unfortunately, we were out of town and they called and asked, “Hey, can they come and look at this.” I said, “Well, sure. It’s in the backyard. Just feel free to go back there, and no problem.” They showed up even though it was an inclement weather. The problem turned out to be a kinked hose. They repaired it that day, and they followed up with a phone call to me while we were out of town and asked if there was anything else they could do. They even called back twice to make sure everything was functioning after we returned to get in there. So, the warranty thing was top of the line. I'm very comfortable with dealing with the local company directly.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

We went to one of those expo fair sales, and compared to the others we were looking at, Master Spas' price was reasonable. We also researched online and it turned out that it’s a good quality company with a good quality product. So we opted to go that route. We had a little smaller tub before, and the tub from Master Spas was a much better size. Everything was designed underneath, so it seems to be much better insulated compared to the one I had. I also like the quality of the tub itself, and the layers that they use for durability. The jet features are quite good and more therapeutic than the other spa. But the spa jets are designed for a little bit larger people. My wife is 5’1” and 105, and the jets tend to miss her because of that. That’s the only issue I have with the tub. But my wife is learning to accommodate it.

When I was making the purchase, it sounded a little like going to a car dealership. You get one guy out that comes out with a price and then he comes back with a price that’s almost half. And then, he has his guy come out and give you a little more of a discount. So I felt like I was dealing with a car dealership. But other than that, it went okay. We then wrote a check. It was pretty straightforward. Sometimes with these events they’ll do a no-interest for a period of time, and I thought that I had seen that and I inquired about that. They said no and that it had to be cash or credit card. I don’t know if there was a little misinformation, but it worked out fine.

The installation was quite smooth. The only thing that was a little of a surprise to me was when they delivered, they didn’t set up the stairs that came with the tub. They left the packaging for the hot tub cover and all the plastic wrap. This tub was fully-wrapped and sealed, and they left all of that because they couldn’t take it. And that was pretty bulky stuff. It’s not stuff you can throw in your recycling and your garbage very easily. Also, when they tipped it, they scraped one corner. So I ended up having to order another piece which I had to install myself. I got a little bit of a runaround on that. The lights worked when we hooked up the tub, but then they quit working. Apparently, they weren’t connected properly, so I ended up fixing that as well. So there were a couple of little quirks right from the beginning. But from that point forward, the tub has been perfect.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Master Spas came out to the Forth Worth Convention Center and they put on an expo. We went out to the expo and Maurice was there. He is quite a salesman and convinced us that the Master Spas was probably equal to or better than most other spas out here. And I agreed. The construction, the ability to choose what you want, and the price all work into the equation. We got a six-person spa and it has the lounger and the waterfall. It’s absolutely gorgeous. We chose the interior color, the exterior color and the siding colors. We chose the lights that we wanted on the spa and the cupholders. We had hoped to get the Elite but we didn’t have the money. We paid cash for it so we were only gonna buy what we could pay cash for.

They came out and did this onsite preview saying I gotta have an electrician come out and put in $1,075 worth of wiring so they could get the spa to where I wanted it on the patio. They said they were gonna put down some kind of a pad, but instead they built a foundation for it out of 1x4s. And it’s perfectly fine. They said the EZ Pad is not gonna be very effective for where I needed it to go. The installation went really smoothly. The electrical charges are a little bit higher than what I was anticipating, but not much. We got the one that has the aerator that keeps your chemicals that you have to put into the water less. That makes the electric bill a little bit more where it turns on a little more often than some of the others.

I’ve already recommended Master Spas and friends have already purchased a Master Spas based on my experience. When we were gonna purchase the spa, we had spoken with Maurice about one of those lift kits that go on the spa. He said, “I’ll just throw it in there with it.” I failed to read over the contract and I failed to see that it was not included. Since it was not included, the delivery people did not bring it out. They said for an extra $300, they could bring it out. I told them that was not what I agreed to. I called the owner of Master Spas and he said, “Well, if Maurice said that we’re gonna include it, then we’re gonna include it.” He had the guys that installed the hot tub come back out and add a lift kit. So, even though I failed to look and observe that the contract wasn’t as complete as what we originally thought we were purchasing, he honored our verbal contract. There are a lot of people that would not do that.

Master Spas is top-of-the-line. When people are being negative on saying, “Hey, they don’t get out there, they don’t deliver on time, they don’t do this, they don’t do that,” our spa was delivered exactly when we were promised that it would be delivered. They weren’t late. So, all these people that are giving all these negative reviews, they’re not being fair to Master Spas one bit.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This is my first hot tub and that's why I was doing a lot of shopping and research. I had a list of what I wanted and didn’t want, and Master Spas was able to line it all up. When I went into the showroom, I said I want a lot of space, like for a family of four. So right away, they showed me one that was nice and spacious. The person in the showroom knew his product and they had the right product for me. Some of those that I looked at were either just online or if I went into the showroom, they had a couple of models there but not the ones I wanted. I needed to see the one I was buying. The model I got was actually not on the floor. It was out in the back but they were able to show it to me.

The two people I dealt with were great too. There was someone working at the desk and when I went in there during the weekend, she answered some general questions. She asked how urgently I wanted it or whether I kicking tires, and I said no. I was looking to make a purchase within the next week because I had done my research. Then the manager came out, asked me some more questions and showed me the right one. It took about an hour from start to finish.

The delivery from Master Spa was also fast, which was what they promised to do. It was fantastic. The guys dropped the spa and there was no problem. It would’ve been better to know a little bit more about the electrical hook-ups and the startup though. They’re selling the hot tub but it's up to the homeowner to have the electrical and it’s a big part of the installation. They could have even recommended a contractor. So Master Spas could have done a better job with that. But it wasn’t too bad. I was able to get someone over to my house, run the wire ahead of time and get it hooked up.

Now, we pretty much use the hot tub every other day. It's four times a week with, usually, at least two of us in it. I’ve got my wife and two kids. Sometimes, my teenager goes in by himself or with friends. It’s relaxing. Besides the health benefits, it’s good for stress and also just for fun, hanging out and having a couple of drinks. On the weekends especially, it’s good to chill out in there. We’ve had friends and family over already too, especially over Christmas. I’ve also already recommended Master Spas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

At the Wisconsin State Fair, a manufacturer of a hot tub had given me a price. I checked Master Spas and I found that the price the first manufacturer was double what Master Spas quoted me. I told the first manufacturer that and the salesman there wanted to haggle and told me he was gonna give it to me for the same price as Master Spas if I went and canceled with them. I thought that was pretty shady. It was nice that Master Spas had quoted me a price that was decent. The guys that were there were really nice and helpful.

The installation of my spa was easy to schedule. Master Spas went around whatever time I had open and worked with me. They were very accommodating. Thus far, I like the zero gravity seats that my spa has. I also like that they threw in a bunch of extra stuff as well as the service they provide. I had an issue with the unit right after it was installed and they were there in less than 12 hours to fix it. I've been pretty happy with Master Spas thus far.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I have been looking to replace a spa, and Master Spas' product is a lot higher quality piece than what I've been looking at. It has a lot more options and the price was right. I wanted one recliner and I needed something smallish to fit in the area I needed to fit it. I also like the number of jets it has and the water softener was kind of a bonus. Plus, it has two-speed, double pumps. It's just a lot better unit than what I had for the past 15 years. The installation took about a week and a half, though. I had to push them a little. The salesman said one thing and the guys in Oklahoma said another. And I said, "No, you need to get it here." So, they got it here. Now, the only thing I need to do is order some filters here before too long. Other than that, I'm happy with it.

Master Spas response

Thanks, David! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your new spa. Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

We really like our Master Spas. It has got all the right things, especially the jets. We had someone do the electrical for us after it was installed, and it really went off very easily.

Master Spas response

Hi Amy! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your new hot tub. Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

We were drawn to Master Spas with the design of their product - it's a dual lounger. We don’t really know other companies that make a dual lounger. Master Spas also seems to have a lot more modern features in terms of amount of pumps and lights. Our spa's installation went really easy, which took about an hour and half. They had the old one out and the new one in. And then, we had one small issue and their people came out the next day. They fixed it under warranty and everything has been good. Their customer service is great.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I was at a home show in Wilmington and the hot tub I saw there that I like was made by Master Spas. Then I also looked it up and I saw that they had a good reputation, so I went with them. Customer service and the installation process went very smoothly. We dealt with Crocker Company, which is the one that installed, and they did a great job. I’m very happy with the tub. The size of the tub as well as the lighting are great. I’m in New England so the heater keeps things running even in the coldest days. So, with the cover on, it’s fine. We use it every other day and we’re happy with it.

Master Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this company is the world’s largest swim spa manufacturer and is among the largest portable spa and hot tub manufacturers. It offers a number of hot tub brands for sale across the United States.

• Energy efficient spas: Master Spas uses an Icynene foam insulation on its spas to increase their energy-efficiency.

• Noise reduction: The motor on Master Spas’ spas and hot tubs is designed to vibrate 150% less than industry standards, which makes them quieter and more peaceful.

• Water sanitizing system: Master Spas uses a unique system called Mast3rPur™ that uses three natural water sanitizers. These ingredients improve water clarity, softness and scent.

• Made in the United States: Master Spas manufactures all of its hot tubs and swim spas in the United States, which helps to ensure quality control.

• Model options: Master Spas manufactures several brands and models of hot tubs, portable spas and swim spas in various sizes and configurations to fit your needs. Its brands include Michael Phelps Legend Series, Twilight Series, Healthy Living Hot Tubs and Clarity Spas.

• Swim spa options: For those who want the option to use their hot tub to swim, Master Spas offers two lines of swim spas, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas and H2X Fitness Swim Spas. These offer a hot tub at one end and a current of water at the other, so it can be used for both purposes simultaneously.

• Best for: those who want luxury hot tubs or swim spas.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Master Spas Company Information