4.1/5 (84 ratings)

About Master Spas

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Pros

• Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor

Cons

• Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Bottom Line

Master Spas is one of the few tub companies to use biomagnetic therapy with hydrotherapy for better pain management. Its hot tubs are less customizable, but the combination swim spas and hot tubs let you relax or exercise.

Top Master Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The installation of my spa was easy to schedule. Master Spas went around whatever time I had open and worked with me. They were very accommodating ... I've been pretty happy with ...

Verified

... I’m very happy with the tub. The size of the tub as well as the lighting are great. I’m in New England so the heater keeps things running even in the coldest days. So, with th...

About Master Spas

Master Spas sells a variety of hot tubs and swim spas that are excellent for relaxation or staying in shape. Master Spas swim spas are perfect for customers who want their swim spa to double as a low-impact exercise tool and family pool. The Master Spas H2X fitness spa can also be used as a hot tub.

Select models also come with innovative technology, such as multiple speed levels and therapeutic seat and jet placement.

Master Spas hot tubs

Master Spas creates a variety of hot tubs to suit different needs and budgets. The manufacturer's line has four series of hot tubs, each of which contains multiple models.

• The Twilight series includes eight hot tubs, all of which seat three to seven people. Standard features include ergonomic seating, a biomagnetic therapy system and an Orion light system. Optional features offered are Wi-Fi, Dream Lighting, a natural water sanitizing system and more. Capacity ranges from 200 to 395 gallons, and all tubs are 34 to 38 inches deep. Their dimensions range from 78 inches by 78 inches to 94 inches by 94 inches. Every tub has 36 to 49 jets.
  • The Getaway Series includes four affordable hot tubs that are lightweight and durable. Several models are plug-and-play, requiring only a 120-volt outlet. Standard options include Duramaster Polymer cabinets, EcoPur Charge water filtration, stainless-steel massage jets and Colorscape LED lighting. Capacity ranges from 225 gallons to 390 gallons.
  • The Michael Phelps Legend series has features that vary by tub, but premium options include lighting, sound and Wi-Fi add-ons.
  • Clarity series spas come with EcoPur Charge Water Purification, StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats and better energy efficiency. Optional hot tub features include Dream Lighting and a Fusion Air sound system. The six models seat five to eight people and have between 28 and 57 jets. The largest model is 108 inches by 94 inches by 38 inches, and the smallest model is 70 inches by 84 inches by 34 inches.

Master Spas prices

Most Master Spas hot tubs cost between $6,000 and $15,000. Master Spas doesn't display pricing online, but you can find the cost of specific models by contacting your nearest Master Spas dealer. You can also request hot tub or swim spa pricing using Master Spas' contact forms. You may be able to trade in your used hot tub or get financing to pay for a new one.

Master Spas accessories

Master Spas offers several accessories to customize your hot tub. Some accessories are designed for safety, including rails, steps and Master Spas' covers.

Master Spas FAQ

How much are Master Spas hot tubs?
Master Spas’ tub pricing starts around $4,000. The price for each model depends on your location. Contact your local dealer for exact pricing information.
How do you maintain a Master Spas hot tub?
Cleaning your Master Spas filters every month involves a few steps:
  1. Remove large debris from the filter.
  2. Spray the filter down with a hose.
  3. Place the filter in 5-gallon bucket with the appropriate cleaning agent and let it soak overnight.
  4. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
  5. Put the filter back.

Master Spas' EcoPur Charge filter only needs to be removed and rinsed before being placed back.

To clean your Master Spas hot tub:

1. Drain the tub.
  2. Wipe it down with a soft cloth and acrylic-friendly cleaner.
  3. Spot treat any stubborn mineral buildup with white vinegar or a Magic Eraser.
  4. Thoroughly rinse any spa pillows and the tub shell.

When done, fill the tub back up with water and add in Master Spas chemicals to keep the water balanced.

How do you drain a Master Spas hot tub?
To drain a Master Spas hot tub, locate the drain assembly behind the tub skirt panel and remove the cap. You can also attach a garden hose to the end of the drain assembly.
How do you winterize a Master Spas hot tub?
Master Spas hot tubs are usable year-round. Master Spas does not recommend you winterize the hot tub.
Do Master Spas hot tubs come with a warranty?
Master Spas’ warranties vary by the hot tub or swim spa series. Clarity Spas have a standard limited warranty of one to three years on Master Spas parts. Swim spas in the Michael Phelps Legend Series have a 10-year standard warranty on the spa structure, a seven-year warranty on the shell surface and a five-year warranty on plumbing. All warranty repairs include replacement parts and labor.

Are Master Spas good?

Master Spas has a great selection of U.S.-made hot tubs and swim spas that are durable and competitively priced. Its tubs are easy to clean, come with several feature options and have strategically placed jets for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. The company is an excellent choice for people looking for a multipurpose spa, but it may not appeal to those who want the ability to personalize their hot tub with multiple custom features.

Master Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: April 10, 2022

The reps from Master Spas were very good. have had experience with this particular dealer and I was very happy with the people who came out and took away the old one and installed the new one. This spa has lights and it cycles through the colors but the way that it cycles is, it flashes, it doesn't fade. And this spa doesn’t have a stereo in it unlike my first one. But I don’t miss it because I don't want to hear that noise when I'm in there anyway and if you have the jets on, you have to turn it up even more. And I don't even know how much that would even be irritating my neighbors.

I use the spa every day. It’s my meditation opportunity. I get in it in the morning, I watch the sun come up, drink my cup of coffee, and ponder what I'm gonna do all day. I almost don't like it when it gets too hot out because I don't use it as much. I leave it at a constant temperature and don't heat it up every day. That way, you're not spending the electricity to heat it up. It makes our utility bill go up in the winter though. We're in our 60s and we have aches and pains, and a massage cost $80 for an hour. So, if I’m spending extra $50 a month on my electric bill for a few months, that's very well worth it.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The sales reps were good. But one thing we were not happy about was how they downplayed the cost of electrical hook up. It was a lot more expensive than what they said it would be. That kept us from getting the product installed for an extended period of time because we didn't have enough extra to do that. Master Spas was great. They honored their commitment. We could have been left with paying and getting no product but they delivered and we were grateful. Also, when we bought our spa, we were told we could keep it in the warehouse until we were ready to pick it up. That ended up being a longer period than we thought it would be. We didn't get it installed and running until 10 weeks ago and we were past the warranty of it when it was delivered. But as far as actually using it, it's like brand new.

Also, if I pay $10,000 for something, I want it to be perfect. I can change the color schemes and when I'm on green, one of the LEDs is red. I called about it and nobody got back with me. There are also some stuff on the LCD panel which are hard to read, like the numbers are upside. It wasn't like that initially but now it looks weird. We're out of luck because we're out of warranty even though we probably shouldn't be because we didn't get the spa set up until recently.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Brett, the salesperson in the store, was stellar. I had a building project going on and I was considering getting a spa. When Brett came out, that sealed the deal with Master Spas. I looked at several other spa companies. I even went and visited several other ones, and I had other people who might come out. But I liked Brett's personality, his customer service, everything that he does, and I felt like he was a brother, a friend, and that he was gonna be there with me all the way. Also, Master Spas is right around the corner from me.

I really need someone to come out though. They did do a little training when they put it in, and I'm doing the best I can with it. But I do have a few more questions that I need to ask about cleaning the filter and about some things having to do with the access electronic panel. I got the Michael Phelps. I'm 5’10 and I really wanted to swim in a pool, so I wanted to get the biggest, widest one that I can get. Now, Brett said with Michael Phelps’ height and size, it would be the best one. It's got the lights. It’s got the swim in place, the current that you can adjust fast and slow. It's got the spit-ups, the spouts where the water shoots up out of it. I'd like to learn the panel more so that I can really know the quality, but it’s fun. The current is good. It's good for exercise.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I got the Twilight from Master Spas. I liked its size and cost as well as the availability. The installers came within a week and the hot tub was running within an hour. So, it was super quick. The first week that we have it, when we were taking out the filters, one of them got a little cross-threaded during the installation. Wherever you try to undo it, it keeps on screwing. So, you have to set it in there. Hopefully, it's not the hot tub itself that’s cross-threaded. I’ll find out when I change the filters in a few months. Then, the dial that turns on and off the jets inside the tub came off in one of the jets. So, we had to YouTube and call the company, and figure out how to put it back on. Otherwise, it’s good.

The hot tub has a lounger and it has room for five people. It has a little foot thing that you can put your feet on that I like and I also like the different lights and the quietness whenever the jets are on. The hot tub is something that the whole family can use at the end of the day to be able to have a place where we can relax, talk and hang out. We’ll probably use it more in the winter. We use it some in the summer but it’s hot here. It was a super positive experience with Master Spas and I would recommend them. People should look into it.

Original review: July 2, 2021

We NEED our hot tub! Husband has spinal injuries from auto accident, I have back injuries from lifting people at work. We have owned hot tubs at last 4 homes- 1 VitaSpa followed by 3 different models of Hot Spring spas. When researching latest and greatest tech in hot tubs, Master Spas was top of the list for therapeutic features (magnetic pain relief, targeted jets) as well as construction quality. The nearest store was Southeast Spas, I called to ask about availability and was told orders were running a year out due to pandemic delays. We were happy with our Hot Springs spas, so I contacted a dealership for them- same answer, a year for an order to be received. The pandemic not only delayed construction because of factory closings, but materials were also an issue.

Just about convinced we would HAVE to wait a year, I saw an online ad for a National Hot Tub Expo here in Ocala, FL. I called the phone listed to inquire about brands of tubs, was DELIGHTED to learn it was Master Spas! I spoke with Troy ** when I called, he was nice enough to find out what models would be at the show. He called back and told me a Twilight 7.2 and an 8.2 would be available, and I immediately responded "I WANT THE 7.2, no questions, I've DONE my research".

Understanding our physical need for the tub, Troy agreed to meet us at the Expo, we signed the contract Friday afternoon, understanding the tub would be delivered after the conclusion of the show. We got the delivery notice the NEXT DAY, and the tub was delivered by Ian and Robert (2 VERY professional gentlemen) they did an AMAZING job manipulating our tub between tight spaces to get it onto the concrete pad in the backyard. They even gave us instruction for moving the tub into its final position! The day after the Hot Tub Expo ended I received another phone call from Southeast Spas to inform me if I was still in the market a few hot tubs were still available. Our experience so far has been very professional, with excellent follow-up on our inquiries, and fast, efficient sales and delivery experience. We can hardly wait for the concrete pad to cure so our new hot tub can be placed and connected- stay tuned for product satisfaction review!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Our experience with Master Spas couldn't have been better. The team was most helpful and the quality of the hot tub is very good. I like it. We use it once a week, but sometimes, not even that. I have recommended Master Spas if they were thinking about it.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I use the spa three times a day. I am a big fan. In the beginning, it was a little daunting to try and keep the pH. But now, it’s perfect. It’s easy to do. You just have to get the hang of it. I work out all the time. So it’s great because it does help. My partner’s a runner and it helps with the leg. It’s a life changer. We purchased the spa at an expo and the local company was the expo people. We needed it delivered twice and they delivered it. Once we were done with the space it was gonna be put in, we called them, and they put it in there. They were easy to work with. But it’s weird because once you get online, you’re dealing with national MasterSpas and not the local company. Their YouTube channel is helpful. It is the most helpful thing that I got from them. Anytime we had a question, we just go to YouTube and they have a video for every single thing to do.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I dealt with a representative from the distributor that has the contract for selling Master Spas, and after talking to the salesperson, it made sense to get the 8.2 hot tub. The difference in cost between the 8.2 and the one smaller than that didn't seem to be consequential enough for me not to go a bit bigger and I had the space. My 8.2 hot tub from Master Spas is well-engineered and well-thought out on how it was put together. It's got extra lighting and water features, as well as therapeutic jets. I had a couple issues when I first got it, but the dealer responded very quickly and sent a person in my house. They saw the issue. There was a small leak near the pump, and they replaced a gasket, gave me an extra gasket, and showed me how I could do that myself if I had to. I also had some issues with the Wi-Fi unit, and they came and replaced it. It's been good for six months now.

Original review: April 11, 2022

We did some research and went different places. I thought that Master Spas was a real good quality tub from the reviews. I wanted us to buy something that was quality. We got the Twilight 8.2 and everything seems really well built. I like all its features, and I’m really happy. I am gonna call the Master Spas at Fort Wayne though. I recommended a friend to go up there and he bought a new tub from them and put me down for a referral.

Original review: April 9, 2022

The reps did a good job, and the spa has everything I wanted. I wanted a lounge chair and it's a six-person tub. The pricing was good too. It might have been last year's model, but I got it for 13,000 and it was selling retail for 24,000. I love my spa. I use it four times a week on average, and I like sitting in the lounge chair because that covers my whole body. The spa is on my back patio but I built a hot tub house around it. It's enclosed so it's private. That’s super nice.

The spa was supposed to come with steps and they didn't have any when they delivered it. Now, I got this little ladder and that works really good. It’s easy to step in and out of the spa with that. I'm trying to call Master Spas to cancel the steps because they're supposed to give them to me when they come in. I talked to the people out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. I paid for the steps, and I’d like to get reimbursed for them because I don't want them anymore.

Master Spas Company Information