Call toll free
4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

468 Master Spas, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We went to a big show that Master Spas had and we liked their Twilight hot tub. They also gave us a good price so we decided to purchase one. It's a typical hot tub and it has the jets and lights. We love it and so far, everything has been great. It is good quality and taking care of it is easy. But we didn’t realize that the ultrasonic cleaner was available and we didn’t quite understand that that was an option. I know my husband would’ve liked to have that had we realized that that was an option, but they can’t put it on after the fact. Other than that, everything else is fine. The hot tub is very enjoyable and very relaxing. My husband has some arthritis in his back and it feels really good for him. We have recommended it to friends, too.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We were looking for something small because the size of our deck isn't very big. We saw Master Spas at the fair when we were there and we got the two-person hot tub from them. Their sales rep and the help we got online or on the phone were great. They were gonna come up with the chemicals that I asked about and they walked me through everything. Things worked out perfectly and the tub made the beginning of the winter a little bit nicer. It has a lot of jets and pretty much everything but the stereo on it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We like the low chemical on the hot tub that Master Spas offered. We bought it and the quality is comparable. It has the jets and the lights but no stereo. Using it helps with circulation, too.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I purchased my Master Spas Twilight 8.2 two years ago and would not consider any others. The two pumps and 41 jets are all you could ask for. And, oh by the way, it is very easy to maintain and clean. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I really like the appearance of the Twilight and the way it was built. This was my third hot tub. So I was well-acquainted with the industry and who is building the better tubs. I'm very happy with the product. It gets nice and warm on a cold winter night. I also like their maintenance person. Dan is very good. He's came down here and fixed what needed to be fixed because when I had turned the spa on, five of the jets came zooming out of their position. I wasn't really sure how to reinstall them and I let the dealership know about this stuff too. Dan and I became instant friends with the way he approached this whole mess. So kudos to him. He's Integrity Hottubs and they're probably a subcontractor. That's also who did delivery, brought the new parts and brought the new cover because the cover that was delivered had a hole punched in it.

In terms of Master Spas itself, I would definitely recommend them. But I wouldn't hire the salesperson for anything. This guy was a piece of work when all was said and done. He couldn't get his figures right and we hadn't gotten that all squared away because I was getting charged for more than what we agreed to. In the contract, he also marked the serial number down for the spa next to the one we were talking about. So I didn't get the one I actually wanted. I'm not dissatisfied with the one I had but he had promised me that there were gonna be stainless steel jets installed in the spa and there weren't. They're plastic with chrome on it.

I was really disappointed with the guy at the dealership. He's in Minot and the span of control is probably tough. However, if he's gonna do business in Texas, he needs to do business in Texas. I was really hoping he would stand up and take some positive steps to try and get this fixed. The people at the dealership said that they'd be happy to swap out the tub to give me the one I wanted but it was gonna be an additional $500 for them to pick this one up and bring the other one down.

I even took the time. I sat down three weeks after the purchase and wrote a nice letter to the owner who's in Minot, North Dakota. I sent him copies of the documents and the email transactions I had so he would see that I wasn't out there looking to cut somebody's head off. I wanted to see if he would intervene and try to get this squared away. The only complaint I have with Master Spas itself is that they really didn't do anything to put any pressure on the dealership to get this fixed. But I'm not upset with Master Spas. I am upset with the dealer in Cedar Park, Texas and I would not recommend anybody going to them. I would send somebody to the Master Spa dealer in San Antonio before I send them back to Cedar Park. But at this point, it's all water under the bridge because the hot tub I've gotten, I'm not giving it back. I'm happy with it and I've gotten used to it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The Master Spas rep was a good guy. He left his personal number and said if we needed any help, give him a call. I had to call Master Spas when I was concerned about some wiring and they were very helpful. The hot tub is pretty good and the rotating massagers for your neck is pretty neat. But I've noticed that the little head pads deteriorate and they flake off into the water and clog the filters. Other than that, it's been a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We purchased the Twilight from Master Spas for the size. The quality is good and the cost was fair. I like the jets, the convenience and that it's therapeutic. We find it relaxing and amazing to take time out together and spend time in the spa.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Here is a email I sent them after dealing with incompetence for weeks. “My house got hit by lightning and blew out all electrical devices including my hot tub so on top of all the other out of pocket expenses Im going through I had to replace the hot tub. They promised me in the contract I signed that it would be delivered in 3 to 4 weeks. It took them two months. When they finally delivered it, they delivered the wrong color. They made me wait two more week to get new side panels in and sent a team out to swap out the gray ones with the brown ones.

They couldn’t get the brown ones to fit because they shipped the wrong size. They told me not to fill the tub again and they would fix the issue in a few days. No one got back to me. I’ve left countless text messages asking for an update and haven’t had a response for the last two days. Sent another text today saying I’m filling the tub because I use it every day after my morning workouts and I already didn’t get to soak for two months because of them and I paid a lot of money for this tub and have had nothing but frustration on top of all the added frustration I’ve been dealing with at the house because of the lightning strike.

Now I have family and friends that are coming for Thanksgiving at my house and I text atlas telling them I need this issue resolved ASAP because I don’t want the gray panels on the tub when they arrive. On top of that I still have to mount the bar on the side and place the stools underneath and I need to mount the cover lift on the tub that I bought weeks ago but still find myself manually deadlifting this 8x8 heavy cover off the ground every morning. I need someone to replay and give me an update. I don’t know why this has been such a nightmare.”

They finally came out and replaced the panels and as far as the spa goes I don’t have any complaints about it as of yet. I’m not going to say anything negative about the spa. It’s just good luck getting it when promised and getting the correct one and if they do mess up, good luck getting it resolved in a timely manner. Maybe it better in other parts of the country but here in Dallas I’ve been extremely frustrated with the service after spending so much money...

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Greg. We're so sorry to hear that your dealings with your retailer have been disappointing. As I'm sure you're aware, we only manufacture the spa. The company that sold you the spa (in this case Atlas) is a completely separate company from us - so when it comes to the sales and service side of things, we often don't hear about any issues until the customer reaches out themselves. With that being said, we appreciate that you provided us with your honest feedback - and we're happy to know that we were able to help get this issue resolved for you. Should you need anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out again. Happy hot tubbing!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I ordered the Trainer 15D through Preferred Pools and Spas from the Lucas County Rec Expo on the 8th of September. I was told that expected delivery would be 8 weeks. The 8 weeks worked out perfect considering I had to prep the ground for delivery and take down part of my vinyl fencing. Throughout the process of preparation on my end for delivery I had talked with reps from Preferred Pools and Spas a number of times from October 11 to October 16 and everything seemed fine. They even came out to survey the delivery area. Never once mentioning a delay. I called Preferred Pools and Spas the first week in November and they told me the swim spa didn't have a serial number yet so they couldn't give me a delivery date but that other orders made around the same time were being completed so it will probably be the following week.

Imagine my frustration building up as my expected delivery date came and went. To make matters even more challenging, I have two dogs that now need extra attention so they don't run away since my vinyl fence now has two sections torn down. I tried to call Master Spas to see if I could get a better time frame from them and they told me that the guy I needed to speak with had left for the day and try to call back and talk with him. He did offer some insight to the process by explaining that there wasn't a serial number so he knew they hadn't started building it yet. He told me that it only takes a couple days to build but I should call back. I did call back on the 5th and was told they couldn't help me because I needed to have Preferred Pools and Spa call their dealer Support Rep. So of course I did that and they told me they would call me back after they got more information for me. To my surprise, no return calls.

It is now November 15th and I called Preferred Pools and Spas to get an update and once again got the runaround. The sales rep Jessica told me it should be just about finished. I asked her if she could tell me the serial number on it and she told me she didn't have it yet. Which means they haven't even started building it. So two and a half months after buying the swim spa I'm paying on the loan and they haven't even started building it. Not to mention the two open panels and fence post that will probably be down for the duration of the winter season because it's already snowing here.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Melissa. We're so sorry to hear that your experience so far has been a frustrating one. I've forwarded your contact information as well as your review onto our corporate customer care team, they should be reaching out to you with information regarding this situation soon. Again, we're sorry - and we thank you for the honest feedback!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had a Master Spas hot tub before and it was over 15 years old, so I replaced it with the same brand. I've had very good interactions with their team. They were very personable and they followed through with what they said they were gonna do. They were handy for me. The tub has very good quality and we are quite pleased with it. I use it everyday. It's therapeutic.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The Master Spas team gave a lot of detail about what we were purchasing. They helped us decide what would work for us. Our tub has the captain's chair in it and we got it also because of where the jets are located for my back. However, we had a little conflict when it came to what they were supposed to do on the backyard as far as clearing up the spot. I also would love the price to be less. But so far the quality has been good. The tub has created a more relaxed environment for us. It gives us some quiet time together.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I saw a Master Spas tub on one of the conventions I had. It has all the features I wanted and it’s perfect. They also had good reviews. I looked at four different manufacturers and one of the things I really like was the energy efficiency of Master Spas because there’s some of them that use three times the energy to heat the water. The Master Spas team set the tub for us and it was pretty much plug and play. It works great. I love the quality of the tub. We use it at least two or three nights a week and it has been amazing. It has helped us sleep and helped muscle aches from the gym. It’s working great for everything we bought it for. We are very satisfied. So get one.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We ordered a spa on Labor Day and was told that it would be 5 to 6 weeks delivery because of the sales. We were okay with that. Our delivery was then set up for October 27 (8 weeks). Then we found it was delayed till November 8 (10 weeks). The spa is still at your shop I am told but will not get to Colorado unless the manager is able to do something. (What, I do not know because the manager will apparently not call me.). We think we got a good deal but I'm getting pretty nervous after read some of these other reviews.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Jack. We're sorry to hear that your spa is taking longer than you expected, I'm going to forward your information and review on to our corporate customer care department to see if we can get a status update on your spa. Thanks for the honest feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We went to the hot tub blowout in Fort Worth, and we like the size and the price range of the Clarity Balance 8 Spa. Its dual motors is nice to have. It is part of the tub circulating at the time, and that’s something we didn’t even know we were gonna experience. The spa seems to be pretty efficient compared to the old-fashioned spas that we used to be familiar with. They make them better than they used to. The siding is more durable than they used to be with the wood. The spa looks like it's gonna hold up longer than the past ones and the electronics are good. Also, Master Spas seemed like they had good quality control in the manufacturing process. We looked at a couple of others that were far more expensive that have similar features, but the Clarity was a very fair purchase compared to the other ones.

Atlas Spa was the company that represented Master Spas, and we had a strange series of experiences. We’ve been looking at local Dallas-Fort Worth suppliers and spas and people that sell spas. But when we were looking at the them, they were so much more expensive. Atlas is out in Tyler, Texas, and it's two-and-a-half to three-hour drive away. I was a little concerned at first that they were not local in town, but they were fine. They have a location in town, so that made us feel better. They worked with subcontractors, and their recommendations for who we use for electrical went fine. The installers did a good job, and everybody was very easy to work with. It was a good experience. We use the spa pretty frequently. It's a nice retreat to have and spend time together and hanging out.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

The Twilight Series 8.2's layout and size fit our needs and desires. My husband had done a bunch of research and decided that Master Spas was the one he wanted. When we went to buy it, everybody was great. The installation was fine, too. We had to get a crane, but that was okay and we knew that. We had a previous hot tub there at one time, so everything was pretty much set up. We’re pleased with the tub's quality and we use it every other day. It’s very enjoyable.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I got a friend that sells Master Spas and he said that they were good. I bought one since I have a toddler and it turned out all right. It’s got jets, a waterfall and different color lights. The installers came and installed it, and they got it in quick. They delivered it to our house and got it wired up. After that, they called to let me know about the warranty on it and asked how I’m liking it. It's wonderful whenever I have time to use it. You get what you paid for and I’m satisfied with it. I wouldn’t ask for anything else.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

We did a bit of research online, and it seemed like everything kept pushing Master Spas. They happened to have a trade show three days after us looking at all the reviews online. So, we went over to the trade show and we bought a tub. The Master Spas team was good. We had a an issue with the waterfall. It didn't seem to work the way it did on the floor. So, the guy came out and hustled a little bit, and then ripped a bunch of insulation out that he didn't replace and he said that I have to replace, which I still have to do. Then, three weeks later, it stopped working again. It splashes water all over the place. So, we're right back where we started, and I don't know if that's the nature to be, so we're gonna have to live with it. At this point, it kinda looks like it. But other than that, the tub itself is great.

My wife had some shoulder, neck and back problems, and she seemed to do a lot better since we've had our tub. We go into it five times a night at least. So, we get a bit of use out of it. There are a lot of YouTube videos on tubs and we went to a few spa places and looked at specific construction of them. And for the most part, they were all a joke except Master Spas. So, at this point, I would tell a friend to buy one.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

We purchased a Balance 7 hot tub from Master Spas Clarity series. We visited an expo and the tub just seemed to be what we were looking for in terms of the amount of seating, lounge space, and jets. I also like it aesthetically with its marbleized inside. I did some research too and the tub seems pretty solid plus the reviews are good. We got a good deal at the expo sale and the delivery went very smoothly.

I'm happy with the tub. It's easy to maintain and everything that was spelled out in the sales end was true. We use it regularly as a family. We have two teenage kids on the house and it's one thing that we can do without the cellphones in the hand. It's also good for stress. If I use it at the end of the day, I can fall right asleep. Overall, the Master Spas tub is a good product and the company is reputable.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We liked the quality of Master Spas, and we bought a Precision 7 from them. Their reps were really good. We were disappointed in a couple things, and then we talked to them about it after, and they did everything they could to make us happy. Originally, we were told that we would be getting six months' worth of chemicals, and we only got one treatment. They honored that and brought more out. But we weren't too thrilled with the cover that keeps the heat in. It seems very chintzy, but they said it was the best one they had. We've had hot tubs in the past, and our covers seemed more sturdier that this cover. Still, the hot tub was of much better quality. They were also willing to work with us. They didn't have anything they could offer for that cover, but other than that, they were very kind. The delivery went well. The guys who did it knew what they were doing, and the process went quickly. We really like our Master Spa. We'd recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I liked the price as well as the customer service of Master Spas. I got a five-person spa from them and it has features such as the captain seats, the jets, the waterfall, and the lights. I had a positive experience with the reps. It was pleasant and professional. The hot tub that I got is of high quality. It is functioning well and there was no problem with the installation. I use my hot tub three times a week and it is relaxing and brings families together. I’m satisfied with Master Spas and I would recommend them to friends.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My wife's an RN, and she has a lot of stress in her back. We looked for one with the most powerful jets we could find, did a lot of homework online and looked at a lot of spas, including Marquis, Sundance, and Costco. I'm a big Costco nut but after doing my homework and looking at what they got compared to Master Spas, we felt Master Spas was by far the strongest we found, so we decided to go that route. ThermoSpas also came out to the house. For about the same spa we got, they were $21,000 and I ain't spending $21k on a damn spa. We got the Twilight for eight or nine grand and it's well worth every penny.

After looking at a bunch of spas, Master Spas would be the only spa I would recommend to get. Even the service, such as delivery and installation, is great. It went as simple as could be and I couldn't believe it. It was awesome and overall a good experience. We love the spa. It's of a higher quality and it has a one-side lounger. I like the big feet thing at the bottom, and it's got two little powerful jets for the feet that kick off. I usually hop in that thing before I go at night and I sleep like a baby. It's definitely a good stress reliever.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I liked Master Spas' reputation. Their saleslady showed me a couple of their tubs and the CLS Precision 8 was the best deal. I like its filtration system, lights, and that it was an 8-foot tub. The installation was kind of a pain. The installers set it on the pad, but wiring it up was a pain. Still, I got it done. The quality of the product is good. The cover could fit a little bit better but all in all, it’s a good tub. I use it almost daily and sometimes several times in a day, and it makes me feel more relaxed a little bit. I’d recommend Master Spas.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have shoulder pain. My husband has low back pain and he has arthritis in his hands too. My doctor recommended the heat therapy for my shoulder and my right hip. My husband felt that the heat therapy would also really help the arthritis in his hands. We purchased a medium-sized hot tub from Master Spas. It's the Healthy Living spa. It has the lights and it has two seats specifically for the neck and shoulders. It sits six and it has a lot of jets, and that's one of the things that we really like.

We were very impressed by the owners and by the customer service of Master Spas. We also like the way that the chemical treatment and maintenance seem very easy. A lot of the other places like Sam's and Home Depot, their prices are competitive, but they basically deliver it to the door and I have to set it up myself. The other spas that we looked at didn't specifically have the neck and shoulder therapy as well.

For the most part, the team of Master Spas has just been excellent. However, we've had several issues with the cover. When the spa was delivered, they didn't have the right cover the first time. So, they reordered it. On the second delivery, it was the wrong cover again. They had to reorder it again the third time. Then the third time they came out and then they delivered it. But, my husband went out. We have the correct cover on, but my husband's a little bit disappointed because the hinge or the lever on the cover is obviously bent. He called but I don't know if anyone ever got back this time. There's just been a lot of issues with the cover. But the tub is wonderful and we use it every day. Also, they're a great family business that's customer oriented and they give you great service.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We got a hot tub from Master Spas that has jets, lighting and two pumps. One of the pumps is for recirculating and the other runs for the massage feature and when the heater is on. While it was expensive, I'm very pleased with the quality of the hot tub thus far. My nephew is an electrician and when we put the hot tub in, I had him wire it. He opened it up and told me that it was one of the best built spas that he has ever worked on. That was impressive to me. Since we've had the spa, my wife who has fibromyalgia has been using it daily for muscle relaxation. I'm very glad we got it and I would recommend anyone to get a hot tub from Master Spas.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My wife and I have been thinking about spas for a long time because we have back problems. It is really good for relieving back pains and joint pains. We went to a show and we liked the spas from Master Spas. I'm 6'5" and I weigh 330 pounds and all the rest of the models were too small, so I got the 7-foot Clarity with the Bluetooth, the Ozonator, stereo speakers built into it, and colored lights. During installation, my electrician got the ground fault breaker wired wrong. I talked to one of the technicians over the phone and then, I sent him a picture and he spotted it right away. He was spot on! He talked me through how to do it.

The spa is gorgeous and it's big enough for me. The cost is a little more than I had expected but with the quality behind it, it justified the expense. For what we paid, we got a good deal. We just moved into a new house and we've been unpacking boxes and moving and assembling furniture. Whenever we finished at the end of the day, we're sore as hell, so we climb in the spa, and we go to sleep well. Also, my wife has rheumatoid arthritis and the spa therapeutic as hell. If anyone asks about Master Spas, I would tell them how much I enjoy this one and what all features are. And if they want to, they can come over, try it, and see if they like it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We went to a spa show and my wife liked the Healthy Living tub from Master Spas. It's got the magnetic stuff, and it has lights. However, when it was shipped, there was no free filter in there. That would have been nice to have, so I went ahead and bought one separately. They had everything else that starts up, but it didn't have the starter filter that you need when you fill it the first time. It took me four trips to the the dealer to finally be able to get some stuff that I was gonna need. Nonetheless, the quality of the tub is good and it's nice to relax in it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We bought the Twilight Series model 8.3 from Master Spas. We didn't really want to spend that kind of money on a hot tub and not get a quality hot tub. I did a lot of research for close to two months before we pulled the trigger and decided to buy that one. Master Spas is the number 1 tub in Canada. If Canadians are buying them and putting them outside, I was told that the average utility bill is $23 a month. That's less than a cable bill in order to maintain the heat. That's totally affordable. A lot of other companies put a lot of money in marketing but they don't put a lot of money in their hot tubs. Master Spas, however, put a lot more emphasis on building a great product and then letting word of mouth do their advertising for them based on the quality of the product.

I was reading a lot of reviews online and listening to YouTube videos and Master Spas do basically what everybody claimed they did. We're so sold by the quality and everything that we were hearing and how happy everybody was with the product. But again, a lot of that also has to do with the dealer, and I think we chose a very reputable dealer. We bought ours out of Minnesota and I'm just fairly happy with the deal they gave us. It was a pretty good package we ordered and it ended up costing us $12,500 for everything that we wanted. At minimum, we would have spent with either Hot Springs or Sundance, close to $15,000 so we got all the bells and whistles we wanted and saved $2,500 in the process. The free delivery was also awesome.

When they delivered it and had it set up we couldn't put water in it yet because I didn't have the electrical. They tell you when you buy it that you should give a place first where you want it and then have the electrical guys come out and hook it out for you. That was what we did. We couldn't run it for probably about a week but when they came up, not only did they set it up, they were here for probably a good hour and a half, just explaining all the different features and how we wanna go about filling it up and using the chemicals. It was so cool. Any questions that we had they answered. It made us feel special and that was so cool.

The customer service was there, even down to the delivery team. One guy was a wealth of knowledge. He said he's been working for them for five years. It was neat to be able to take his brain for a while and learn all the different things that he knew about hot tubs, specifically about the Master Spas hot tub. We bought the EcoPur system, which is the three-part filtration process. It uses zinc and copper to combine together to make a chlorine, chloromide, and then it transitions into chlorine in your hot tub. What that does is it allows you to use far less chemicals. My wife's skin is very chemically sensitive so I can't go too overboard. We learned when we had the smaller hot tub that we had to really watch our chemical use because of my wife's skin sensitivity. We also wanted to be able to entertain and bring more people into the tub so we got the bigger hot tub.

We also paid for the UV light, which creates additional chlorine naturally. It runs the water across the UV light and that kills a lot of bacteria in it. We also paid for an ozone, which also puts even more chlorine in the system naturally. So there's three different systems that put a ton of chlorine into it without actually having to open up a bottle and put anything into it at all. The only chemicals that you're putting in is a tiny bit of clarifier to take care of the pumps and jets. I've got a 385-gallon hot tub and we're only putting in like half an ounce of chlorine, which is sodium chloromide everyday, and it keeps it crystal clear.

We also use the enzymes. Because of the type of hot tub that it is, which is the EcoPur system, Master Spas recommends pretty much staying with the chlorine-based system. It works well and it doesn't hurt the EcoPur system or any of the other systems that work in conjunction with that. Those are the major accessories that we wanted with regards to practicality. We also went ahead and paid to have the jets lighted in addition to the lights that already come with the hot tub in the inside. They're pretty cool. They're really bright LED lights so it kinda add a little bit of ambiance and atmosphere when you're soaking in a hot tub at night.

I noticed that although the circulation pump comes on when the therapy pumps were on, the heat doesn't come on. I called the customer service reps of Master Spas directly at the Wisconsin Division, with the manufacturer, and they told me that's a safety feature because they don't want you cooking inside your hot tub. That made sense. The heater will come on 30 seconds after the therapy pumps shut off. If you wanna take a break in between each session that you have, it will build the heat back up and then you can kick the therapy pumps back on, but of course realizing once you kick the therapy pumps back on, the heat is gonna go off. Their customer service team is fantastic. They pretty much answered every question I've had. It's just a wonderful hot tub.

My wife and I suffer from a lot of body aches and the tub makes all the world of difference. My mom has Parkinson's and we've had her in the hot tub. She's been going through physical therapy to try to get more movement in her shoulders. She also hasn't been able to lift it over her head and she's in her 70's. With three sessions in the hot tub now, she's able to lift her arm higher in the air than when she was able to, going through physical therapy alone. Even my younger kids who are in their 20's, love the tub. We got a couple of neighbors that came over and they enjoyed occasional dip with us and they love it too. I highly recommend Master Spas.

I continued to shop after I saw Master Spas, to see if there was even something better out there, but I couldn't find it. There were a couple of other spas out there, but it just didn't have all the bells and whistles that Master Spas had. They didn't have the quality components like the Balboa, the internal brain that controls all the systems. They have the high-dollar jets. They also got a website saying, "You got a tear or rip on your headrest, only $25 per headrest." Just pop the darn thing out, order a new one, pop the new one in and you're good to go. A lot of the components, I don't have to worry about, like the UV light. I have to replace that every 18 months. I might need to have somebody walk me through things I've never done before, but I'm sure all I got to do is call Master Spas and they're gonna walk me right through it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

One time, we went to a show at the Providence Convention Center. There I got a Health Series from Master Spas. The rep suggested that it would be better to go with the top-of-the-line of that series. The one I got has 30 jets, a water fountain and a 240-watt cover. However, I'm at a point where I may have to drain the water and I need to figure out the process to do that. Their website doesn't show me that. It only shows me how to fill the spa and balance it but not how to drain it, clean it and put fresh water in. Also, it took me a while to figure out how to get the pH level to where it should be. Master Spas also never told me about the calcium in the water and how to make sure it's well-balanced. I had to find that out through a spa company in the area. So, I learned as I went.

Another thing that I had an issue with is how much electricity it uses. My electricity bill has shot up about 50 bucks. It is a 240-watt tub but then the rep told me when I purchased it that it would cost me between $16 and $20 on my electric bill. When I purchased it, one of the selling points was that it was so well-insulated that it doesn't use the energy that other hot tubs do.

Despite these issues, I'm glad that I spent extra money to get a better spa. Now that the weather is getting colder, I know that I'm going to be using it a lot. Since having the tub, it has been nice to have the kids over when we go in. It's also nice to go into it on a cool night. I have a bad back so going into a hot tub helps me out. I highly recommend Master Spas.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We got a hot tub from Master Spa, which has got a lot of features. It's the 8 x 9-foot Michael Phelps version, and it has 70 something jets. Installation was done well. It took them a long time to do it 'cause they had to remove the old one. The tub is very good and we use it once or twice a week. It is not cheap but we are satisfied with it. It's a good one to buy.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We purchased a Twilight Series from Master Spas. We got the waterfall and the lights in it. It was almost like the other one we bought 18 years ago, but we didn't go with the slider this time. It was also from Master Spas and its side, where you get into the mechanicals, was easier to get off. For the new tub, we dealt with one guy and then Mark, the owner, and they were great. The quality of the tub is okay so far. Master Spas is the greatest. I wouldn't go with anybody else after having it last for 18 years.

Master Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this company is the world’s largest swim spa manufacturer and is among the largest portable spa and hot tub manufacturers. It offers a number of hot tub brands for sale across the United States.

• Energy efficient spas: Master Spas uses an Icynene foam insulation on its spas to increase their energy-efficiency.

• Noise reduction: The motor on Master Spas’ spas and hot tubs is designed to vibrate 150% less than industry standards, which makes them quieter and more peaceful.

• Water sanitizing system: Master Spas uses a unique system called Mast3rPur™ that uses three natural water sanitizers. These ingredients improve water clarity, softness and scent.

• Made in the United States: Master Spas manufactures all of its hot tubs and swim spas in the United States, which helps to ensure quality control.

• Model options: Master Spas manufactures several brands and models of hot tubs, portable spas and swim spas in various sizes and configurations to fit your needs. Its brands include Michael Phelps Legend Series, Twilight Series, Healthy Living Hot Tubs and Clarity Spas.

• Swim spa options: For those who want the option to use their hot tub to swim, Master Spas offers two lines of swim spas, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas and H2X Fitness Swim Spas. These offer a hot tub at one end and a current of water at the other, so it can be used for both purposes simultaneously.

• Best for: those who want luxury hot tubs or swim spas.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Master Spas, Inc. Company Information