3.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Master Spas Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Master Spas came out to the Forth Worth Convention Center and they put on an expo. We went out to the expo and Maurice was there. He is quite a salesman and convinced us that the Master Spas was probably equal to or better than most other spas out here. And I agreed. The construction, the ability to choose what you want, and the price all work into the equation. We got a six-person spa and it has the lounger and the waterfall. It’s absolutely gorgeous. We chose the interior color, the exterior color and the siding colors. We chose the lights that we wanted on the spa and the cupholders. We had hoped to get the Elite but we didn’t have the money. We paid cash for it so we were only gonna buy what we could pay cash for.

They came out and did this onsite preview saying I gotta have an electrician come out and put in $1,075 worth of wiring so they could get the spa to where I wanted it on the patio. They said they were gonna put down some kind of a pad, but instead they built a foundation for it out of 1x4s. And it’s perfectly fine. They said the EZ Pad is not gonna be very effective for where I needed it to go. The installation went really smoothly. The electrical charges are a little bit higher than what I was anticipating, but not much. We got the one that has the aerator that keeps your chemicals that you have to put into the water less. That makes the electric bill a little bit more where it turns on a little more often than some of the others.

I’ve already recommended Master Spas and friends have already purchased a Master Spas based on my experience. When we were gonna purchase the spa, we had spoken with Maurice about one of those lift kits that go on the spa. He said, “I’ll just throw it in there with it.” I failed to read over the contract and I failed to see that it was not included. Since it was not included, the delivery people did not bring it out. They said for an extra $300, they could bring it out. I told them that was not what I agreed to. I called the owner of Master Spas and he said, “Well, if Maurice said that we’re gonna include it, then we’re gonna include it.” He had the guys that installed the hot tub come back out and add a lift kit. So, even though I failed to look and observe that the contract wasn’t as complete as what we originally thought we were purchasing, he honored our verbal contract. There are a lot of people that would not do that.

Master Spas is top-of-the-line. When people are being negative on saying, “Hey, they don’t get out there, they don’t deliver on time, they don’t do this, they don’t do that,” our spa was delivered exactly when we were promised that it would be delivered. They weren’t late. So, all these people that are giving all these negative reviews, they’re not being fair to Master Spas one bit.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We're very pleased with Master Spas. We got a Twilight and it's a very nice hot tub. We went to the showroom and looked at the tubs, and it was the one we liked. We were also looking for a very small spa. We had a very small place to put it. And the Twilight is kind of a triangle-shaped spa and it suited our needs. It's got the LED lights, the waterfall and the big foot blaster. We've also like the bio filter. It's got the zinc in the filter and it's very easy to maintain. Our Twilight got a really beautiful shell. And it's a really nice-looking spa in addition to the features and the jets. We had a challenging experience getting it up on a deck. It took two hours. But the installers walked us through all of the functions, the keypad and how to operate. It's simple and intuitive, though.

We couldn't be happier with our new hot tub. After we bought it, we did a lot of research and then started seeing all the reviews. We walked in to look at a spa, and we walked out with this thing. It was sight unseen because they didn't have the actual spa at the location they're at. So, the next day, we drove down to their other location and physically saw it, and we've been very pleased with it. All the reviews for Master Spas have been positive. And the one review that was bad is more about the dealer than the actual spa. We watched videos of the factory tours, and we're very impressed with what appears to be really high quality. We feel like if we were gonna put some money into one, we wanted one that's gonna last, and we think this is gonna be the one. We felt really good after we bought it. We went into this with a $5,000 budget, and our Twilight was eight. So, it was more than what we wanted to spend. But after having an experience with a spa of lesser quality in the past, my wife and I both knew and looking at this one and the features and the jets, it's an upgraded spa. It feels like it's more of a high-end.

Master Spas response

That's great to hear, Peter! We really appreciate your kind feedback - and we're so thrilled to hear that you and your wife are enjoying your spa so much! Happy hot-tubbing!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

This is my first hot tub and that's why I was doing a lot of shopping and research. I had a list of what I wanted and didn’t want, and Master Spas was able to line it all up. When I went into the showroom, I said I want a lot of space, like for a family of four. So right away, they showed me one that was nice and spacious. The person in the showroom knew his product and they had the right product for me. Some of those that I looked at were either just online or if I went into the showroom, they had a couple of models there but not the ones I wanted. I needed to see the one I was buying. The model I got was actually not on the floor. It was out in the back but they were able to show it to me.

The two people I dealt with were great too. There was someone working at the desk and when I went in there during the weekend, she answered some general questions. She asked how urgently I wanted it or whether I kicking tires, and I said no. I was looking to make a purchase within the next week because I had done my research. Then the manager came out, asked me some more questions and showed me the right one. It took about an hour from start to finish.

The delivery from Master Spa was also fast, which was what they promised to do. It was fantastic. The guys dropped the spa and there was no problem. It would’ve been better to know a little bit more about the electrical hook-ups and the startup though. They’re selling the hot tub but it's up to the homeowner to have the electrical and it’s a big part of the installation. They could have even recommended a contractor. So Master Spas could have done a better job with that. But it wasn’t too bad. I was able to get someone over to my house, run the wire ahead of time and get it hooked up.

Now, we pretty much use the hot tub every other day. It's four times a week with, usually, at least two of us in it. I’ve got my wife and two kids. Sometimes, my teenager goes in by himself or with friends. It’s relaxing. Besides the health benefits, it’s good for stress and also just for fun, hanging out and having a couple of drinks. On the weekends especially, it’s good to chill out in there. We’ve had friends and family over already too, especially over Christmas. I’ve also already recommended Master Spas.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

A couple years back, the mall near my house, Ocean County Mall, used to have a hot tub tent sale outside. I looked one year to try and get a rough idea of the pricing and the guy that was there gave me his card. A couple years went by and when there was another sale, I decided to go again. This one happened to be Master Spas and their products looked really nice. Their rep gave me the card and I held onto it. Master Spas looked decent, too, so when I was in the market for it, I looked into them.

Originally, I inquired about the cost because their website didn’t have prices. I emailed them because they had a connect-to-us link then somebody ended up calling me. I liked the HL 7.5 because of the number of people it sat and I told her that I was looking for pricing on that. I also asked if it comes with stairs and a cover. She was very helpful and we were trading emails back and forth. She told me that she happened to have a floor model and they were looking to get rid of it. She also said she could give me x amount off and when I asked her about the color, she said it happened to have a grey exterior with a light grey interior. With that, I thought the heavens have aligned because that was exactly what I was looking for. So, I ended up ordering it and they were really good about it. I paid by credit card and they were able to process the transaction.

I bought the hot tub in May and at the time, I told Master Spas that I wasn't ready for it yet. I was planning on trying to build a deck in my back yard but that crashed and burned. It was a disaster, so I ended up going concrete which I didn’t get done until the end of October. So Master Spas stored the hot tub for me. They would also periodically call asking if I was ready for the hot tub and they were very understanding. When time came, I finally called them and they got their guys out within two weeks because I had to wait for an electrician. So, they were good. And when they came out, they dropped it where I needed them to do it and it was perfect.

They said that the hot tub sits seven but so far, I've had as many as three adults and two children in it. The corners are for an adult, especially if you’re a fuller-sized person, and the seats in between are kind of tiny. But in reality, you really could fit seven in it though it might a little snug. Aside from that, the hot tub has lots of jets, different lights, and a little waterfall effect. It’s supposed to be good for massaging stuff and relaxing. So far, I like the quality of my hot tub. In the beginning, I was trying to master the chemicals but now I finally got it down to a science. On Saturdays, I put all the chemicals that they told me to put in there based on their little simple sheets and test it, then I'd know it's good to go. It's pretty easy. The tub is also very comfortable and very relaxing.

Master Spas response

We're so happy to hear that, Jeffrey! Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate it! Happy hot-tubbing!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I really like the appearance of the Twilight and the way it was built. This was my third hot tub. So I was well-acquainted with the industry and who is building the better tubs. I'm very happy with the product. It gets nice and warm on a cold winter night. I also like their maintenance person. Dan is very good. He's came down here and fixed what needed to be fixed because when I had turned the spa on, five of the jets came zooming out of their position. I wasn't really sure how to reinstall them and I let the dealership know about this stuff too. Dan and I became instant friends with the way he approached this whole mess. So kudos to him. He's Integrity Hottubs and they're probably a subcontractor. That's also who did delivery, brought the new parts and brought the new cover because the cover that was delivered had a hole punched in it.

In terms of Master Spas itself, I would definitely recommend them. But I wouldn't hire the salesperson for anything. This guy was a piece of work when all was said and done. He couldn't get his figures right and we hadn't gotten that all squared away because I was getting charged for more than what we agreed to. In the contract, he also marked the serial number down for the spa next to the one we were talking about. So I didn't get the one I actually wanted. I'm not dissatisfied with the one I had but he had promised me that there were gonna be stainless steel jets installed in the spa and there weren't. They're plastic with chrome on it.

I was really disappointed with the guy at the dealership. He's in Minot and the span of control is probably tough. However, if he's gonna do business in Texas, he needs to do business in Texas. I was really hoping he would stand up and take some positive steps to try and get this fixed. The people at the dealership said that they'd be happy to swap out the tub to give me the one I wanted but it was gonna be an additional $500 for them to pick this one up and bring the other one down.

I even took the time. I sat down three weeks after the purchase and wrote a nice letter to the owner who's in Minot, North Dakota. I sent him copies of the documents and the email transactions I had so he would see that I wasn't out there looking to cut somebody's head off. I wanted to see if he would intervene and try to get this squared away. The only complaint I have with Master Spas itself is that they really didn't do anything to put any pressure on the dealership to get this fixed. But I'm not upset with Master Spas. I am upset with the dealer in Cedar Park, Texas and I would not recommend anybody going to them. I would send somebody to the Master Spa dealer in San Antonio before I send them back to Cedar Park. But at this point, it's all water under the bridge because the hot tub I've gotten, I'm not giving it back. I'm happy with it and I've gotten used to it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

We're very happy with our Master Spas. We like its design and shape, and it's really insulated well. The jets are also good and so is the lighting. The man that came to demo it at the house when it was set up was very good. Also, the salesman and the people that delivered it were excellent. We got it on our deck right outside our door for about four or five months now. We get to use it when we want to, and it relaxes us.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

My wife and I recently went to a Spa expo looking for a new spa to replace our old spa. Master Spas had a large variety of hot tubs to choose from. Purchased the Twilight 67.25 spa. The sales rep explained to me that this was a fantastic choice, and my family would enjoy it. I Truly have to say, this is a Great hot tub!!! My wife and I enjoy this tub every time we use it! Thank you Master Spas.

Master Spas response

We're so happy to hear that, Ron! Thank you for the kind feedback.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I recently bought a Legacy Intrepid from one of the shows. My wife and I had a fantastic and pleasant experience with the staff and loved the product. We were replacing our old tub which they helped haul away and installed the new tub. Since installation and having an electrician hook it up, we have loved the new tub. The water is always clean and a lot less work to take care of compared to our old tub. The tub hasn’t had any issues other than a malfunction with the digital control but it was under warranty and they had someone out to fix it in a few days. I will forever recommend this company to my friends and family. We were long time customers of the old brand we were using but we will always buy Master Spas from now on.

Master Spas response

Thank you, Connor! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your hot tub. Thank you for the kind feedback.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Master Spas' people were very good, showing me how to take care of the spa, and they’ve answered any question I had. The only confusion was trying to figure out which of the seats had the magnets in them, but I was able to get that information. So, I’m happy. Only, I would like to be able to turn the thermostat up one degree because it feels nice, but I can’t. It’s 104, and it’s as high it will go. I don’t think I can override that, but I understand that it’s a safety thing. The hot tub has a lot of things that I wasn’t planning on getting, but I was able to get a really good deal on it. So, the fact that it has little fountains and the lights change colors, wasn’t something I had on my must-have list, but I’m certainly enjoying them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I purchased a Master Spas Twilight 8.25 a few months ago at a show in Medford, OR. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I walked in and saw a bunch of hot tubs, all the same color. I was however shown all the different models and features. I absolutely loved the TS 8.25. There a so many things going on on this tub. The Mineral system makes it very easy to take care of and I’m not soaking in chemicals. The foot jets are incredible as well. Neck and shoulder Jets are positioned perfectly. The price I was able to purchase this spa for was much less than any other comparable spas I looked at and the sales staff was very knowledgeable. Great spa, great price, great experience!

Master Spas response

Thanks, Chad! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your new hot tub - it looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing about your experience. We appreciate it!

Master Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this company is the world’s largest swim spa manufacturer and is among the largest portable spa and hot tub manufacturers. It offers a number of hot tub brands for sale across the United States.

• Energy efficient spas: Master Spas uses an Icynene foam insulation on its spas to increase their energy-efficiency.

• Noise reduction: The motor on Master Spas’ spas and hot tubs is designed to vibrate 150% less than industry standards, which makes them quieter and more peaceful.

• Water sanitizing system: Master Spas uses a unique system called Mast3rPur™ that uses three natural water sanitizers. These ingredients improve water clarity, softness and scent.

• Made in the United States: Master Spas manufactures all of its hot tubs and swim spas in the United States, which helps to ensure quality control.

• Model options: Master Spas manufactures several brands and models of hot tubs, portable spas and swim spas in various sizes and configurations to fit your needs. Its brands include Michael Phelps Legend Series, Twilight Series, Healthy Living Hot Tubs and Clarity Spas.

• Swim spa options: For those who want the option to use their hot tub to swim, Master Spas offers two lines of swim spas, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas and H2X Fitness Swim Spas. These offer a hot tub at one end and a current of water at the other, so it can be used for both purposes simultaneously.

• Best for: those who want luxury hot tubs or swim spas.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Master Spas Company Information