Call toll free
4.07/5
Based on 299 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

300 Master Spas, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I purchased a tub exactly 4 weeks ago on a Saturday. I was told it would be delivered in a few days. On Wednesday I was told it would be delivered Friday afternoon, so I made plans to be available. Eventually I was told it would be delivered Friday night. At 9 pm Friday night I was told it would be Saturday at 7 pm, so I changed my weekend plans. On Saturday evening I was told it would be around 5-7pm Sunday, so I made sure I'd be available Sunday night. I was called Sunday evening and told it would be Monday morning. It finally arrived Monday morning without a cover... Which is ironic considering in the tub in large red letters it says to keep the tub covered or it will VOID THE WARRANTY. I was told by the delivery guys that the cover would arrive in the next couple days.

I was also called by someone that said it would be Wednesday at the latest. Friday came along, and no cover. I called the sales guy and he said it could take 2 weeks. I said no big deal, just wish they would have told me that up front. 2 weeks went by and no cover. I called the service number and they said it would definitely arrive within the next week. Friday came along and once again no cover... So I called the service number again, they said they'd look into it and call back. 3 pm came around, nobody called. I called the service number again and they said they tried to call me back 3 times. I had no missed calls, and of course no messages. They said unfortunately my cover was damaged and it could take another 10 days for the delivery. Another two weeks for a cover!? Apparently nobody was going to call me to inform me. They said there was nothing else they could do.

So I put down a large sum of money on a new tub, and I was told it would be delivered with a cover in a few days... I'm now waiting 6 weeks. This is completely unacceptable, and I have serious doubts about the quality of the tub based on my experience so far. Made in America!? Shame on you Master Spas! I could have floated to China and back by now! I wish I would have purchased from someone else! Anyone else in fact. I live at high altitude, temps drop single digits every night and the tarp I'm using just isn't as adequate as the cover I paid for a month ago and still won't have for 2 more weeks... supposedly. I'd give Master zero stars if that was an option.

Anyway, a good business would say "We are sorry you paid a lot of money and don't have your cover, the very least we can do is spend a small amount of money and expedite the delivery process so you are at least minimally satisfied." At least "try to help me out here!" This is not what I expected, I'm extremely disappointed, and I would tell any other customer to BUY ELSEWHERE! I don't trust this company, I sure feel like I'm getting screwed, and I hope nobody else has to deal with their incompetence as I have. And you can go ahead and say the delivery service is separate from the manufacturer, that's a likely excuse, but it doesn't get me what I already paid for a month ago.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Master Spas had a big show in a convention center. I went looking and ended up buying one of those corner two to three-person spas and it has the lounge seat on one side then the shoulder massagers on the other side. I didn’t check any prices, but supposedly they had a big promotion going. I chose the smaller one, it’s just me and I didn’t need a big six-person one, and I wanted it to sit in a corner of my deck. It has the two-pump system which is supposedly more powerful. I’ve had it for six months now and I like it. I get in it about four times a week at night and I’m enjoying it.

I need a little help controlling the alkalinity and the hardness of the water. It’s new stuff to me, but trying to keep the water right is the only problem. They got a booklet to go by, but I’m not much of a reader and I’m more of a hands-on learner. When they came, set up the spa and put it on my deck, I didn’t have it wired up to run, so I had to learn the ropes by myself to figure out what to do. But overall, I’m happy with my experience with it.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Mike! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your spa! It's good to know that you're getting so much use out of it. If you would like someone to talk you through the chemicals, please feel free to call our corporate customer care department. I'm sure they'd be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. They can be reached at (800) 860-7727. Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I really like our TS 240 from Master Spas. I got it after I went on some websites and talked to a guy who had highly recommended Master Spas. I bought my spa from a distributor of Master Spas, and the guy was really great. I went to a trade show, and the salesmen I was dealing with were horrible and I was afraid to give them my credit card, but luckily, I did some paperwork and they sent it to the distributor. The guy called me and told me that they would give me the same price if I could go there. I went up there and he was the best.

My spa is awesome. It has 35 jets and a three-man thing, and it has two five-horsepower engines in it, so it has a lot of power. Master Spas’ product is really solid. The whole graphics system is really nice. It’s worth the price, and it’s not totally “way out there” expensive. I got mine for $4000 off than what it normally costs. I saw what they were in the showroom, so I got a really good deal. But I'd pay even a little extra $1,000 for the one I got. The quality of the Jacuzzi from Master Spas so far has been great. I use it five to seven times a week.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're so glad that you're enjoying your spa! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We bought our Master Spas hot tub at a fundraising auction. Before we went to the auction, they showed us around the sales floor and showed us what model would be at the auction. We've always had excellent customer service anytime we've been down there to be with them. I love the hot tub and it's fabulous for pain relief. As long as you pay attention and add chemicals to it on a regular basis, the maintenance is not a problem. We have two spas from Master Spas now and anytime we have had an issue, their repair techs have been great to work with. Moreover, I love the sales that they offer down at the store a couple of times a year. We always go down and get stuff. I'm 100% confident in Master Spas's quality and trustworthiness. I would never ever go with another company.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We appreciate your loyalty, Heather! Thank you so much for the kind feedback. We're glad that you're enjoying your spa.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Master Spas was on sale at the time I went into their store and the price was good. I love the CLS Balance 7 spa. It is great. I liked the silver color that I got. The spa has the waterfall feature. It has the lounger and the LED lights around it. It also has two different jet motors. The quality is great so far as we only had it for a month. The installers got here when they were supposed to and dropped off the spa. There were three of them. One of them went over the features and the filter on what I was supposed to do. He told me how to run the pad itself on the spa.

However, when the spa was delivered, the delivery guy did not bring my chemicals and when he brought them back that night, I was off to work. He just dropped off the chemicals and left. We never got the tutorials for the chemicals on how to utilize them and what exactly they were. We were left in the dark and we had to figure it out ourselves. When we got the spa, we didn’t fill it up for at least a week because we had to get our electrical updated and have the electrician come in and hook it up for us. And when we filled it up before we turned it on, we wanted to call them and ask them and make sure that we were going it correctly.

I called the owner of Master Spas to ask him questions about it. The conversation between my husband and him got quite heated and he started to yell at my husband. It was horrible. The owner just said the instructions were inside. He was not very friendly and didn’t want to explain things to us. He talked to my husband and I like we were idiots and that we were supposed to know what was going on but we have never owned a spa before. If I had known that he was that type of person, I would never have purchased the spa from them.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Amanda, I'm sorry to hear about this. We are the manufacturer of the spa, so we don't always get to hear about customer interactions with our third-party retailers until after it's happened. I'll email you a PDF of our chemical care guide, and if you have any questions from now on you can call our corporate customer service team at (800) 860-7727 and they will be happy to help you. Thank you for the honest feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Master Spas was highly recommended as one of the better hot tub manufacturers and that was what I wanted. I told the rep I wanted the tub to last a long time and he gave me several choices. But he basically told me that if I was looking for something good and I can afford it, I should get Master Spas. I've had the hot tub since late September and I use it about three times a week. I didn’t expect the maintenance to be as time-consuming but after you do it, it falls in a routine and it's doable. I got the hot tub for therapy and relaxation and it’s well worth the price. It has very good quality and the cost is balanced out by that. If you can afford Master Spas, you should get one.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your spa, Letty! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

At one show I saw that Master Spa's tub jets are a little bigger than some of the other manufacturers. I liked their The Twilight Series and I purchased it. I love its excellent quality. I talked to their team plenty of times over the phone about my filter and they were great telling me about it. I had to clean it because I had an error code on the system showing low water flow.

The spa relaxes me and I want to sleep when I get out of it. I just love whenever I go out there. I got my bill yesterday for the last 30 days and it’s not as expensive to run it like I thought it would be. The guy who delivered it said it would cost me $250 a month in the winter to run it and I keep it at 100 degrees. It was sub-zero here for at least a week then two out of the three weeks it was very cold here and my bill costs $100 so I’m happy with it. I love Master Spas and I try to get a couple of guys at work who were looking for a spa to get one and deal with Master Spas.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thanks Eric! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your spa.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I’ve been looking at several of Master Spas items, and the Twilight Series 7.2 is top of the line. It’s worth every dime I spend on it. My favorite feature is the neck massages and the two Master Blasters down on the bottom that massages your feet. I researched on about 60 different brands. There was a company in Minnesota that made one similar to Master Spas that had one of the highest ratings in the country. I tried contacting them five times and they never got back to me after six months.

Master Spas had some inside markets, and at the convention center that particular weekend, there was a national firefighter convention at that center. As a retired firefighter, I went there to participate in that and at the same time, Master Spas had one of their weekend displays of all the different types of spas in the same place. One of the salespeople there was friendly, knowledgeable, and took the time to demonstrate some of them for me. I was impressed and I owned a five-person hot tub I bought off of eBay about 20 years ago, that I had for about 15 years. I really enjoyed it, but it had one pump on it. It finally broke down on me about four years ago and it was time for me to get another.

I’m 72 now, but my doctors told me that having that spa for 14 years and using it nearly every day helps improve my lifestyle and my health condition. That saved my life, so it’s time for me to get another one. My Master Spas is 10 times better than that one I had, and I’ve been using it about twice a day, keeping it up and about. I’ve gotten on the Master Spas website, ordered a couple of new filters and a couple of other small things. I’ve submitted several pictures of my spa on how I got it set up on the website as well. I got some deck chairs and an umbrella and everything set up around it. I’ve also been to the store they have in Austin. Their rep was really cooperative and helpful. I’ve mentioned this to a dozen people that I’ve come in contact with and recommended to everybody. Of all the ones I’ve seen, I think Master Spas outdoes everybody on the market.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thank you George! We're thrilled to hear that you're loving your spa so much!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We had a hot spring and a hot tub before at our previous house. We were never really happy with the hot spring. It was way overpriced and not great. At $10,000, it should have been spectacular but it wasn’t. So, when I purchased the Master Spas, it was a great compromise. We got a seven-foot spa with a lounge in it. We use it all the time and I really like the overall finish of it. Also, the heater and the jets are powerful.

Our spa was less expensive and the quality is good. Master Spas’ representative was very helpful and even though I didn’t walk to the store to buy a spa, he did a good job of explaining it. The installation went fine. It was a ridiculously cold, frozen, and snowy morning when the installers got here so they just dropped it off and left. I did all the electrical work myself and I was good with it. We’ve been happy with the spa so far and I’d tell a friend to come check it out.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We love to hear that, James! We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We were doing a new construction and we had ordered the spa at a show at the Arena on Green Bay. The salesmen were fine. We let Master Spas know that we were still building and that we would be needing it a few months down the road. They told us it is not a problem. They can build it out and have it in their warehouse. When I told them we were ready to have it delivered they told us that it was in their warehouse in Chicago and it would take a few weeks before we can get it.

Long story short they didn’t end up getting all my lawn in before the end of the year. I was a little disappointed in that. I probably could have given them more heads up if I knew it would really be an issue for them. But once they got it in stock and it came up they got it set in place. The purchasing side of it went fine. In regards to the product itself we like the spa a lot. All in all I'm satisfied. We just enjoy it. It’s nice to be able to get in there and relax.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Master Spas seemed nice and a good deal for the money compared with other companies. I tried getting different brands as I could find and the Michael Phelps was the best. I enjoyed swimming in it the most. And then because I was getting a swim spa we also wanted a hot tub. We got the Twilight Series and the products work great. It's nice to have it for convenience. We are getting relaxation and the exercise right at home. We are happy we are with Master Spas. One time we had to have a repairman come out for a leak in the Twilight Series and he fixed it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I'm so glad I bought the spa from Master Spas. The installer was a very nice young man and did a very nice job of putting it where I want it, how I want it. I'm 82 years old and I live in Central Texas where the weather changes. Moreover, I’d just gone through six weeks of hip replacement and just got back. I have the spa on my porch. It's covered and I really am enjoying it. I use it every 6:00 PM for about an hour before I prepare for bed. I'd come in and take a good hot portion of shower to get the fluorine. It's a premium quality product with excellent service. In addition, it's very easy to clean. It has been a good buy for me and I'd recommend it.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi William! We're so happy to hear that you're satisfied with your purchase. Recovering from a surgery is so much more enjoyable when you have such a relaxing recovery tool, isn't it? Thank you for your kind feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I bought a tub from Master Spas for my wife who has a medical condition. She needs it for her back and she's loving it. Moreover, I've been in it a couple of times and it's a lot nicer from the one I used to have. It's the best thing out there for my money. Plus their reps treated me well.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're so happy to hear that John! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I knew the guy who was selling the Clarity 7 from Master Spas and he told me that it was the best one on sale during our state fair. The tub that we bought has two-seat tub jets and light, and it fits seven. I like that it seated that number of people and for a reasonable price. The quality of the spa and tub is nice and I like it. I go in it and relax after work, but I have not used it a lot lately since it has been 20 below here. I hear that it is not good to be sitting on those temperatures, so I had it sealed up. I had some minor issues with it and I reached out to the people that I bought it from and they helped me out. There were stickers inside where one showed the minimum water level while the others were like warning labels. As soon as the water filled up and heated up, those stickers came off and developed into balls all over the inside of my hot tub and inside the jets, so I've been continuously trying to clean my filter to get those out.

It was a pain to have those stickers and they should paint them on because now, anytime someone wants to sit in the hot tub and if they touch anywhere there are stickers, those balls will continue to come off the sticky part and get stuck in my jets. I still haven't mastered how to get the chemicals out and it is confusing, and I've been reaching out to friends of mine that own hot tubs rather than the dealer itself. But overall, the Master Spas tub is a good product and I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Master Spas had a show at State Fair Park, and the rep showed us everything we wanted and answered all my questions. My husband sat in a Master Spas Twilight series hot tub, and he fit in it. We like the lounging area where you can sit with your legs bent, and then there are jets all along. The tub was pricey, but you get what you pay for. We built a room for it and we use it every day, and the tub feels so relaxing on our back and muscles. However, if you have to get out the molders, you’ve got take the full front panel off. I wish they just have one panel in the front where you could just unscrew that and go from there. Other than that, the tub is good so far and I would recommend Master Spas. Every time we had problems and we called, they were always very helpful. My friends have seen the tub and I’ve told them where I got it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

There were not that many people when I went out to the store and I was kind of brushed off but the guy that helped me saw that I was looking and was serious. He was working about three of us but he stayed very professional. He was always there if we had a question versus the other person that was there. He was a good customer service guy and I appreciated that. I got the HL 7 model from Marquis Spas. I liked its size and price. My birthday was the day I bought it and it was a wonderful birthday present. I had a problem though when I first got the tub here as my unit was bad but the company replaced it in a week. They took care of that very well. I use the tub for relaxing and exercising. I am still learning about the filters and I appreciate that the manual is dumbed down. I would recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We saw an advertisement on TV for a spa sale so we drove up from our home, looked at what was there, and liked what we saw. We purchased the Twilight Series 7.25 from Master Spas because of the number of seats and the type of jets it has. The sales guy was excellent. He knew what he was talking about and was very informative. The delivery people and the quality of the product were excellent also. We had a previous hot tub for years that we finally got rid of so we're very familiar with spas and hot tubs. This one is helping my aches and pains and we're very satisfied so far.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

My wife and I wanted a Master Spas and had a price range in mind. They had a private show that I went to where I bought a tub. The installers did a good job and told me what I needed to do initially to get set up for them with putting in the slab and electricity. The tub that we got is small but it has what my wife and I needed as we didn’t want anything elaborate. It was low and easy to get in to since we are both in our late 60s. It's relaxing and a good way to let some tension go. I feel better when I get out. It’s also pretty simple to maintain. It was a good buy and I'm happy with it.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're thrilled to hear that, Jim! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I got a good discount on the Master Spas I bought at a garden show. I had an excellent experience with their sales rep there but the spa installation was not good. The guys that came out knew very little about electricity. They don't even have a multimeter with them. They need to have some electrical background to know what they're doing. They got things hooked up wrong and blew a fuse, though part of that was my fault. They should have the equipment they need to be able to check the lines and make sure that they got the correct voltage too.

Once the spa was set up, it’s been great. The quality seems to be very good and I find it to be built better than other brands. I also like the foot massage feature. With the filter piece that’s in there though, I was told at the show that I would never need to add any kind of chlorine and that this filter would take care of all that 100%. I would just change that filter out every six months. But that's not true. I still have to add chlorine to it. And it seems to need more chlorine than my old tub. I don't get as much life out of the dose as I did with my old tub. I'd really like to try the cartridge in there without that filter in it. It's got two filters in it, and one of those filters also has an internal filter that's supposed to work magic. They were very misleading and I'm not happy with that. If they modify that filter system, I’d like to know about it and replace mine.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

The Healthy Living hot tub is a smaller model, which made sense instead of spending $10,000 on a bigger spa so that we can have people in it. We’re empty nesters and we were only interested in a husband-and-wife getaway place. We got a good deal on it too. We paid cash and they gave 15% off immediately. That was really great and they were willing to work with us. We’ve looked at getting a hot tub for five years for the eventuality that we would have an empty nest and with other spa companies, we had a lot of fast talkers and you have to make a decision within 24 hours. That was not the experience with this particular company.

Everybody that we had talked to said, “You not just find a spa. You’re buying a relationship with a company with a good technician.” We were aware that we needed a technician that was close to us because we are in a pretty rural area in the middle of United States. It was explained to us that there was a storefront near our city but that was actually a little disingenuous because it wasn’t the 25-minute city away from us. It’s the capital two hours away. They were fast-talking and although we knew that we weren't getting swindled, we felt it was a little slimy.

But the company had bent over backwards to correct some of the delivery mistakes and help us with the whole pH thing. That took time to learn even though my husband’s a chemist. We really felt that once the product was delivered, we had a good relationship with this company. But there were some little weird things that happened. They literally delivered the wrong hot tub to our house and I didn’t notice. I was throwing a dinner party and we were given less than eight hours for the delivery time.

I filled it up the next day thinking they got the wrong color but it was the wrong hot tub. I had already filled up the hot tub and put chemicals on it. I said, “I’m not draining this in the winter time. This is now my hot tub.” I signed the paper and it’s not my problem that we got a better spa then. It is well-built and it also looks durable. It has strong jets and is very easy to use. We got it in mid-October and we’ve been in it everyday even when the wind chill was -26. We absolutely love it. We’re getting on in years and it helps us with the arthritis pain. I really believe that it is a positive health influence on our life.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

It took me 27 years to convince my wife that we needed a hot tub. When I looked at the products of different hot tub manufacturers, the quality of the Master Spas hot tub looked more impressive. Also, I liked the dealer. I enjoyed working with him before on the wood burner at the office. He’s a great guy and he answered every question I had. I got a Master Spas hot tub from the Twilight series because it is big and it has everything that I wanted. I liked the three pumps and there’s one spot where it has the shoulder jets that come down the neck and shoulder. It also has two waterfalls that seemed to impress my four-year-old grandson.

I’m very happy with the tub. We are in it everyday and it’s probably saving money on heat in the house because we warm up there in the evening before coming in, so I don’t have to turn the thermostat up in the house. But the product should come with better instructions on the control panel because I had to figure out the lights. It should come with better instructions as well on how to get the water balanced, how to dump the chlorine you want in there, and how to get the right pH level. It took me two months to finally get to be very confident that the water is good. Also, I would have liked the tub to have been cheaper, but I was completely satisfied with it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Master Spas has the reputation over quality. I dealt with the business owners who are running the shop. They definitely knew their product really well and worked us and helped in any way they could. The Twilight Series by Master Spas that I bought has some nice jets, foot blaster things and circulation pump and all the stereo equipment on it. We’ve had it for a few months now. The tub has helped with joint and back pain issues. We had an issue where the heater went out on it but Master Spas got that fixed right away. The tub seemed to be on par and it’s pretty simple. Master Spas is a top-quality product and is worth what it is being told for.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're happy to hear that you're loving our product, Scott! Thank you so much for the feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Definitely check out Master Spas because we love ours. It's a three-seater spa with lounge seats and its quality is top-notch. The water stays clear and I don’t have any problems with the temperature or the lighting. We got it through The Big E at the Eastern States Exposition. I picked it because it was US-made and because of its size, since we wanted additional seating. My sister has a different brand, which we had looked at and we liked the Master Spas better. My husband has chronic Lyme disease and the spa has helped him tremendously with his aches and being able to relax and make him feel better.

Master Spas' customer service was great. However, the company that we were dealing with in between them was not good. When we bought the hot tub, we sat down with the people at The Big E and we talked about the cover and the lift that comes with it. However, they did not include it when they said they would. It's probably our fault for not double checking everything. The middle man did not want to give us that but Master Spas honored the agreement. They told them that they need to give us the cover lift. It was really great.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We were in the market for buying a tub. We looked at the different companies and looked at the reviews from existing customers, and Master Spas had a lot of very positive remarks. If other people had used them and had good experiences, then that was a good indication that we would probably have the same experience. We went to Master Spas’ home show, and we had a particular salesperson that was helping us there. We were looking at a hot tub, talking about price, and we told him we were very interested in that particular hot tub, the Legacy Whirlpool. Another salesman came over with another husband and wife, and he started talking to them about that bathtub after us. While we were standing there, he told us not to bother getting attached to that one because he just sold it. It was incredibly rude, and that was the only negative.

Our salesman said that if we didn’t mind waiting, he could order the hot tub in the color that we wanted, like the one that was on the floor. It was six to eight weeks of waiting, but that was okay, and they gave us a contact number for someone in the Maryland office to keep in touch, which was fantastic. The girl we dealt with was very professional, and she responded very quickly if I left a message for her. She gave us a heads up the day before she called us the morning they had projected the tub was going to come in. The guys who came to deliver it were amazing, and they did a great job. It was fascinating to watch how the three young men moved that hot tub from the back of their truck on our driveway, all the way down around our house and onto the patio.

It was later in the summer when the tub arrived and the weather got cold quickly, so we didn’t get to use the tub a lot. But when we do, we love it. We like that the Legacy Whirlpool has two kinds of lounging chairs. It had lower seats and higher seats for people who are tall, like I am, or not as tall as others, like my wife. That way, there are seats for everybody and you don't end up with your face under the water. Also, the tub has different kinds of jets and their strengths can be adjusted. I have health issues and the tub has been very helpful. I'm looking forward to the spring getting here, so I can use the tub on a regular basis. My experience with Master Spas has been very positive and I would absolutely recommend them.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thank you, Robert! We appreciate the feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your spa.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We got a hot tub from Master Spas that has two lounges in it, and it's got a high shoulder seat on one corner for high massages, which is my favorite spot. The ordering went smooth, but instead of four to six weeks or eight weeks, it was 12 to 14 weeks. We ordered in August to have it for the late summer but we didn't get it until November. It was almost a Christmas present. Then, when they finally said they were going to come, they didn't. They came another day and it was late in the day. We were the last on the shift because they were running late.

When they installed the hot tub, it didn't have a cover. They had to leave and come back. Also, because the spa was an 8 x 7 and the way that we oriented it was so we would be able to watch the TV, the cover comes off directly in front of the TV. We had to take the cover frame off and use the cover by hand. We spent $500 building a TV stand outside and we can't watch it because the cover is there.

We also had some issues with the tub when we first got it. The electric didn't work and we called for help. The Master Spas rep said we had to have an electrician, but I said the electrician was just here and had done all he could do. The rep said, "It's Friday in the afternoon. We can't come in until Monday." They also said to call back if I couldn't get it fixed by that Monday, but we just fixed it ourselves. I took it apart myself and found out there was a fuse blown, and the only place to get the fuse was from a place in Oregon. We had to call and have it shipped overnight but it took about a week to actually get it to work.

Once the hot tub worked, though, it's been great. We've been using it almost every day since we've had it in there. We enjoy it a lot and haven't had any trouble with anything. The pumps have been running good but it took us a little while to get used to it. However, the instructions on the model itself don't give a lot of details on how to run it and set it up. It tells you what the features are like the buttons and stuff but it doesn't really explain what those features are. So, it took us a while to figure out the chemicals. We bought four different test strips, and each test strip is completely different. Being new spa owners, we weren't used to that. It took us about two weeks before we finally figured out a routine.

We also couldn't tell where the power was but they kept saying it's all in the book. It really wasn't. They handed us two pages of instructions that weren't in the book, but they said it's important to have. They also said, "If your stuff is not set up, you'll get a penalty," and, "We'll charge you to come back.". Overall the spa is awesome, but the dealers weren't. As far as the product and the operation, Master Spas definitely feels like it's good quality. We've only had it for two and half to three months now but everything seems right.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We just moved and we wanted another tub. We had shopped around and ended up going to a hot tub expo and that's where we decided on Master Spas. I like their features, size and sale price. This is the third time we’ve had a hot tub. We knew what we were getting into. We love the quality of our spa. The features that we wanted are all there and it meets our needs. Also, their sales reps were very professional and nice. Everybody was good. I’ve already referred them to friends. They came out to see us because of the new house and we showed them the hot tub and they loved it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

There were Master Spas tubs in the expo where we went to down where we live and we bought one that day. I had a good interaction with the rep and we purchased the Master Spas Healthy Living tub. We liked the tub's options and features, like the bucket seats, and didn’t want the lounge and the one that had the waterfall on it. The tub has made a good impact on our lives. I’m very satisfied with it, especially with the cost and quality, and my friends would be, too.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We got a Master Spas' Twilight Series tub that my wife picked out. She likes it and I like its color and sitting on it. I’ve had two other tubs and the Twilight Series tub is definitely a lot quieter than the other brands I’ve used. The quality of the tub is really good. The cost is a little bit high, but they’re all right at the same price. Their sales rep was also awesome. We use the tub for relaxation and it’s a great product.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying your spa, Robert! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

During a sale I bought an HL 630L from Master Spas for its price and size. I liked how its seating was and the quality is very nice. I'm very happy with it. Plus the Master Spas' reps were very friendly and knowledgeable. The service was excellent even when they installed the spa and the spa is working well. I was very pleased the whole way around.

Master Spas, Inc. response

We're so happy to hear that you've had a good experience, Lisa!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We had been interested in a hot tub and we went to a hot tub expo with the local fairgrounds. We knew right around what it was going to cost and it was a little overwhelming. But we liked what we saw from Master Spas and their price was definitely accommodating especially since it included delivery. Their salesman was very good as well. They’ve been very helpful along the way and they put the tub down where I wanted it to go. It also seems to be a very low maintenance unit. There’s one filter that really needs to be replaced at any given time but short of that, it’s just maintaining the pH levels. We look forward to using the tub in the evening and even though it’s been extremely cold, it’s not bad once you get in the tub. Getting out is a whole different story but we’ve made it work and we’re enjoying it.

Master Spas, Inc. Company Information

Master Spas
www.masterspas.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use