3.97/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

236 Master Spas, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Master Spas had an expo and we went over there on the last day about the last hour. We talked to a fellow but he had been talking to someone else so he put us with a lady and she sold it. She said she got one finally fit in her house and that she loved it. She said we're going to love it, too. We had been looking for a hot tub for a long time anyway and their product seemed to be what we wanted.

They also asked us if we wanted it any sooner than the coming Tuesday and I said sure. The next day, a gentleman brought the tub out but he forgot to bring the umbrella that we got with it. So the young man that we talked to in the beginning helped to deliver the tub afterwards. As I understand, his grandfather owns the company so he was doing more than just selling their products. He was also very knowledgeable about what he was talking about. Both guys were very nice and polite. They did a super job and we couldn't ask for a better experience from them. Overall, Master Spas has been great and we love everything about our hot tub. I've been paying bills for the last 34 years and I'm worn out so I needed the massage on the shoulders and legs. We get in there, watch the lights in different colors and it's relaxing.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Denise! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your spa and that you had a positive experience purchasing your spa. Thank you for the feedback!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I was at a tent sale and the Master Spas salesperson was spectacular. I purchased a big one, seven-foot by seven-foot. It seated four comfortably so it was the right size. But when we got it, it had an air apparently when it had been put together. It was form of a wind and a guy came down and put it back together again. They also switched a couple of sensors and the guy came down on a Sunday and put the sensors right. The hot tub has added enjoyment, but also work.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We checked out several different hot tubs and we liked the way the Twilight Series 8.2 from Master Spas felt better when we sat in it. We purchased it and worked with Chip who was very good, always got back with us, and kept us up to date on things. Also, the lady at the store itself was friendly and helpful. The staff were cordial and I really liked dealing with them. When we started looking at tubs, we weren’t really looking to spend much but as we find out, we get what we pay for. We wanted something really nice and we got something really nice. The tub is definitely more than what we wanted to spend but it’s very good and relaxing. I get in there late at night and it feels good. We got the contoured seat and neck massage. The tub also has a lot of different jets we like and it’s chemical-free. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Master Spas to somebody.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thank you, Donald! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your spa.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I like Master Spas. The price was right and it's American made. Plus, they made everything easy including the installation. They were here and put it right where I wanted it. It’s a very good quality tub and I particularly like its lounger. There's a lot of different adjustment with it so you can make it suit yourself. The hot tub relaxes me before I go to bed and I sleep better. Everything went great.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Jeff! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your spa. Thank you for the feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Master Spas had a sale a month ago and my wife liked the CLS Balance so we got it. She did all the talking with the team and they were okay. However, we've been figuring out what to do with the kit they've given as there weren't very many instructions included. There wasn't much clarity in what to do and how much chemicals to put in. I had to go elsewhere for that information. But aside from that, it's pretty good.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Ryan. While we're happy to hear that you and your wife are enjoying your new CLS Balance, we're very sorry that you didn't receive more information on your spa & the chemicals. We do have a chemical guide, you might already have it but in case you don't I'll email it over to you right now. If you have questions about anything else, feel free to contact our customer care department. They would be glad to help you out. You can get in touch with them by emailing customercare@masterspas.com or by calling 1-800-860-7727. Thanks for the honest feedback - we appreciate it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We got a mid-grade hot tub from Master Spas. With the last one we bought, anytime something went wrong, I would have to hunt down someone to work on it or go on eBay and hunt down parts. This time, I thought I'd just go with someone that sold them and worked on them. The Master Spas sales guys were fine. It was a Sunday afternoon and I know nobody wants to work on weekends but they were nice. Even when it was getting close to closing time, they were very courteous and didn't rush anything. They took the time to show us all the products. So far, we've only used the hot tub three or four times. I don't have much use with it yet but it has a warranty. They said if anything happens, just give them a call so I'm not worried. I feel a lot better about the quality of it.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Chris! We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience purchasing your spa. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Master Spas was at the fairgrounds and they were conveniently located at the time. Our interaction with their customer service team was okay. We bought a five-person spa from them and the quality is good so far. We just got it not too long ago and we haven’t used it much because of the hurricane but my favorite feature is the lounge. It was a great experience with Master Spas overall.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Patrick. We're so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our company and that you're enjoying your spa! Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Buying Master Spa Twilight was the worse decision we ever made, bad delivery, they didn’t deliver when they said they would, very bad customer service, no assistance with repairs. Please do not buy from them and I also wanted to remind you if you have a bad experience as I did, report to Better Business Bureau. 1512165 serial number.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Maria. We're very sorry to hear about this. I've forwarded this review and your contact information along to our corporate customer care team. They should be in contact with you shortly regarding these issues.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I wanted a separate spa and swim tank and Master Spas was one of the few companies that do that. I purchased the Michael Phelps Momentum D and the sales part was fantastic. They called me every hour and gave me all the information. They made sure all my questions were answered. However, we had a little delivery issue. I have a vinyl fence already up and I do not have a six-foot gate for them to get through with anything but it worked out. The area behind me was not built yet so they were able to bring the crane in and bring the spa over that way.

Master Spas' guy never showed up so they reached out to an outside vendor who did. We ended up having to contact Master Spas. They kept saying the issue was inexperience on the consumer. The filter wasn't being cleaned and that’s why it wasn’t heating. It was found out later on that the program had never been told to turn on the circulation pump so I’ve never had it heat. I got the hot tub in June and it was October before they came out and found my problem. The owner wanted to say that it was a dip switch but the installer was smart enough. He’d been doing it a long time and he says, “I’m gonna prove to you it’s not a dip switch.” He did a hard wire around it and it worked and so the owner believed him. We got the programmer on the phone and the owner shared his password because they wouldn’t talk to a vendor without somebody approving it.

We were concerned that it was gonna be an issue but it worked out. The owner went ahead and gave the programmer his code and they told us how to reprogram it and it’s working just fine now. It was never my issue but they wrote me up on Better Business Bureau that I didn’t know what I was doing. It’s not their fault and I don’t know how to clean the filters. The installer said, “It doesn’t matter what you did. The brain was not ever told to turn on that pump. It would have never heated.” And Master Spas kept telling me it was my issue. I hate to be ugly about it but when I closed out the Better Business Bureau, I gave the owner credit because, without his passcode, we would have been fighting with programmers for another week.

Other than that, I love my tub. I don’t regret getting it. I just was concerned that if I'm having as much trouble in the beginning, what’s gonna happen when it actually has an issue? The installer guy that’s been working on these for 17 years said I have a really good one and probably won’t have any more issues but if I do, I had his number.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Julie! We're very sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience. I will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss this with you in more detail. Thank you for making us aware of this situation. We appreciate the honest feedback.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We went to the expo and bought the spa with cash. But the guys from Master Spas who brought it scraped up the whole side of it. I have specifically told them that the deck was four feet up but they brought two guys who were teeny weeny and couldn’t even lift it up on my porch. Nick, one of the guys who did it, seemed like he wanted to get my money then to hell with it. I also needed something so I can pull the top off by myself and I have called every person for it, even their 1-800 number. The guy shot me an email and told me that the man in charge with that would call me back but he never did. I live in Florida and I went to all places to try to get one of those lifters from them but they said I have to go back to the manufacturer. It was ridiculous. So I don't have a lifter because I can't get one.

I don't have any manual either and that's what I don't understand. They were telling me there was some manual to tell me what not to do and what and how I push on the touch screen, but I've got nothing. The spa itself is wonderful but I don't even know how to use it. When I first bought it, my light turned on and they said there are different colors but it’s stuck on blue and I don't know how to change it. They also said they gave me a little packet of chemical and that was it. So I love the spa itself but not the people who did it. I'm not happy with them at all and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Deidre. We're so sorry that you haven't been having a good experience so far. I'm going to forward this review and your contact information on to our customer care department. They should be in contact with you soon to help get this resolved. Thank you for the honest feedback - we appreciate it!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I went to a hot tub expo and Master Spas was there. I bought an LSX 900 in June from them and it hasn’t worked yet. The hot tub continuously leaks and it continuously trips my breaker. It has had the heating on it replaced several times and it’s had all the jets replaced. The repairman admitted he couldn’t fix it and now, I’m having trouble getting a swap and with people calling me back. I put $3,000 down, I’ve paid monthly since I’ve had it and it still does not work. I wish the Master Spas reps would have been open and honest with me and I should have read the reviews on them first.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Barbra. We're so sorry to hear that you're having issues. I've forwarded your review and your contact information to our corporate customer care team so they should be in contact with you soon. Thank you for making us aware of this situation. We appreciate the honest feedback.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I replaced my old hot tub with a Master Spas four-person hot tub. They did a home show and I liked the product. It has fewer bells and whistles and that’s what I wanted. I like it so far and it’s worth the quality in the cost of things in line. I hope it'll make my life more comfortable.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi David! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your spa. Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I recently bought a hot tub from Master Spas and all of their reps were great. So far, the quality of the tub is good and I’d recommend them.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Thank you, Aaron! We appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We got a Master Spas tub from their Twilight series, it’s the three quarter. I needed it for therapeutic for my back and my wife's disabled. It has been great and it helps me out tremendously. On their service side however, they should be more accommodating than just selling it at the expo and dropping it off at the house. They’ve been good at the expo and then I bought the spa and it was dropped and put in the garage. There was no instruction or anything like that and I have to get an electrician. It could have more detail written inside of it or something.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Mark. Thank you for the feedback! We're glad you're enjoying the spa. We're sorry that you didn't get much help on the installation and startup side of things. If there's anything you still have questions about, please feel free to reach out to our customer care team. They'd be happy to help you out. You can contact them by emailing customercare@masterspas.com or by calling 1-800-860-7727. Thank you again for the honest feedback! We appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was willing to try a hot tub and Master Spas had an expo going on which I and my wife visited. It had a good price and it looked similar to everything else like that so we just bought it. The quality of the tub is, so far, so good. The whole experience was very easy.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Sam! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your spa. Thank you for the feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I purchased the Clarity Balance 8 from Master Spas. The tub finish looks nice and I like its configuration with the lounger and the way it seats a lot of people. I also like the number of jets and how they are positioned. I researched a lot of other hot tub manufacturers and Master Spas was always in the top 10. It was good because it had a good price and it is well worth it. Everybody from the Master Spas team has been awesome. The salesman was nice and not pushy, and the girl in the office, who I had to call later because I changed the size from the seven to eight foot, was also nice and quick with email. The guys who delivered the tub called ahead. They went through the whole set up and put it exactly where I wanted it. They were very clear in telling me what to do. So far, everything's been seamless. It’s been a simple and convenient experience.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Dana! We love hearing this! I hope you're enjoying your new spa. Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I went to an expo in Marlborough at a hotel. I was in the market for a hot tub and I've read that there was going to be one there. They only had Master Spas there and I checked out what they had. I was originally looking at the wellness one because I have a lot of friends and I want to share it. But they didn't have the size that I wanted that I could afford so I ended up with the Getaway Series. There were four brand names that I was comfortable purchasing and Master Spas was on that list. They have a good reputation and I like the spa that I got. It was the size of the tub that I wanted and within the price range that I wanted. It's a really high-end tub. Also, the sales rep had been serving Master Spas for years and he was exceptionally helpful. If it wasn't for him, I'm not sure where I was going.

The tub has all the fabulous features that a Master Spas has in there. It has waterfall and sliding, and the lights change colors. It has 40 jets and I like the depth of it because my shoulders get covered. I have an illness which is the main reason why I bought it and it's providing me with a great deal of relief. I also liked that it was made in America. The insulation was amazing but the Polyethylene was from Canada. I thought the insulation would be really helpful to keep the electricity cost down, thinking it was covered in the winter time. I live in New England and we have a cold weather. I can also get music to open in it but I didn't really need all that. I love the ozone feature on it and I love the filter that it comes with.

However, I'm a new hot tub owner so I'm making a few mistakes. I had the tub installed for about three weeks and I'm a little concerned about the continuing filtration. It does not appear to be working when I put it on that. I just found this out today and I haven't had a chance to call the dealership that I bought the tub from. Other than that, buying the tub was the best thing I've ever done. It's something I do first thing in the morning and the last thing at night before I go to bed. It's like having a spa in my home.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

The Cape Cod hot tub was something they had at some hotel in Foxboro and we looked at a few of them and picked that one from Master Spas. It’s been a month since I got it and so far, it’s what we expected in terms of cost and quality. I like the jets but I need to figure out how to clean the filter.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I happened to be in Aqua Haven buying pool supplies, and they were having a sale on the spas. They showed me what was the best spa out there and if I was going to make an investment, I wanted to get a nice spa. The Master Spas’ sales team answered all my questions, did a demonstration and they were wonderful. They also told me all the features where you could unscrew the jets out and put different jets in to customize your experience and I really liked that. I grew up with a hot tub, so I know what they're about and when they went over everything, the timing seemed right to purchase a hot tub.

On the other hand, my best friend bought a house that already had an old Jacuzzi spa. Their spa compared to mine is like driving a Kia and driving a Maserati. They're totally different. Theirs has a weird and textured material. It was smaller and didn’t have the foot spa and the cupholders. While my Master Spa was designed for a tall man because my husband is 6'2, and he loves it. He has a lot of back issues which is the main reason why we bought it. This is a way for him to be able to relax and get a good rest. I also like the specific seat where it has the most jets from the lower to the upper back section.

The delivery was good as well. They called me like I requested so I could meet them here at the house. They were a little bit earlier than they scheduled, but they were professional, nice and offered to throw away the trash. They were also educated because I got a starter kit of chemicals and they explained to me how to use, work, and maintain them, which was helpful for a new spa owner. I had an easy experience overall.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Erin! We love hearing stories like yours. It's so good to know that you're enjoying your new spa. Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We were shopping around and were able to get a great price from the salesperson from Master Spas. I purchased the Healthy Living hot tub from them. We liked how big it was and we also liked their features. It has the light and the specialized mineral filter. It's just what we were looking for and we use it almost every day. Also, they have good customer service. Anytime we've had a question, they returned our call and helped us. They made the experience pretty painless and I've already recommended them.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Deanne! We're so thrilled to hear that you've had such a good experience! Thank you for the kind feedback.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

When I went to the expo, the salesman, who was a very great salesman, one of the things that he had told us was that there would be two waterfalls. We do have two waterfalls but the one waterfall is not what I expected. He described the waterfall as falling over the filter and we purchased the tub partially because of that, but that was not what we got. When my brother called Master Spas, he was told that with the HL8.5 model that we have, we have the right waterfall. We had purchased from Master Spas prior, so the one that we had, we had purchased from them at the same exposition center. From what the guy told us, the updated version of what we had, we didn’t like the seats on that because we felt like the seats were way too low. We went with this model because it was similar and we like the comfort of the seats. We also like the color and the layout of it.

I work two jobs so by the time I get home, Master Spas office is closed for me to call. It’s also hard for me to talk during the day because I’m a teacher and can’t spend time on a phone call, so my brother was the one calling to check up on when it was supposed to be getting delivered. We’re still figuring out how to use the hot tub, but I don’t feel like the jets are as powerful as they were on my previous one. But it still does the job and I still enjoy using it. It was just sad and I was really upset with the fact that I put $9,000 into a product that I thought I was going to get. For the most part, I’m happy with the experience. The only issue was that I got the spa that wasn’t exactly what I was promised. Other than that, when I went there, the guy knew exactly everything about the spa and he was very helpful.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Carmela! I'm sorry to hear that your purchasing experience didn't go quite as planned, but it's good to know that you are enjoying your spa. Thank you for the review! We value your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I wanted a spa and Master Spas came on and I told my husband. I didn’t know he was gonna buy it then but we should have waited. If we went somewhere else, they probably would have helped us more. I haven’t had it installed yet. We spent almost $8,000 and it’s sitting in the backyard collecting dust. We keep trying to find people who will hook it up to the electricity but nobody wanted to dig up my ground. We just decided to leave it until next year until we find somebody.

We didn’t know it was gonna be this much trouble. The Master Spas rep didn’t really explain. He just said that all we had to do is plug it up, fill it with water and we’re fine. So far it’s not like that. Now we’re gonna spend a couple more thousand dollars to dig up the ground and put wiring. It’s gonna cost more money. It’s gonna wind up to $10,000. They should have told us that it’s a lot of trouble having a spa. They shouldn’t have made it like it was 1-2-3. I’m very dissatisfied and I will not recommend Master Spas to a friend. I’ll tell them to go to another place.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Gerri. I'm so sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your spa so far. I've forwarded your review along with your contact information on to our corporate customer care department. They will be taking a look at it and should be in contact with you shortly to help get this situation resolved and help you with any issues you're having. Thank you for the honest feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We got a jacuzzi whirlpool hot tub from Master Spas because it can be moved if we choose to do that. The outside is hard and I like that it’s durable. We've had one service call in 10 years. We’ve had a different brand of tub before that, and compared to it, our Master Spas tub is bigger and has more neck jets. The other one just had regular jets at the back. I like our Master Spas hot tub. It's very nice. I very much enjoy it and it's been easy to use. My husband's usually the one that does the jacuzzi chemicals because I got overwhelmed with the last hot tub. I didn't have enough brain cells to deal with all that, but this one is basically a no-brainer. I would recommend it.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Kelly! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your hot tub from Master Spas. Thank you - we appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Master Spas gave us the better deal and their hot tub had all the features we were looking for. But the installers and the delivery people messed up on our order a couple of times. They told us they’d be here about three hours and ended up being here about eight hours into the night. And when they delivered the hot tub, they had the wrong color on the outside. They never explained. They just said the wrong color got ordered and they went ahead and installed it. Then, they had to come back after they ordered the new parts to go on the outside and swap everything out. Also, after they all left, one of the setup kit bottle they delivered with the hot tub was almost empty when we opened it. When they came back the next week they had to bring us another bottle of it. Other than that, we’ve enjoyed the hot tub. It’s getting colder outside so using the hot tub has been nicer lately and we’ll definitely use it more.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I purchased a three-person hot tub from Master Spas. I was at work then and they had a tent sale at a ballpark. I deliver beer for a living and everything from the neck down hurts five days a week so I bought it. I've been in Master Spas before over the last year but I always thought that they were a bit too pricey, but I understand that they're a top-of-the-line maker. I have also met someone from Master Spas who came off a little brusque. He was the only one in there and it seemed like he wanted to see me what Michael Phelps trains in but it was not what I was looking for.

When I bought my unit I was approached by a different lady and the original guy I met before also came out and he told me about the 94% chemical list. He took me down to where they had a couple filled up so you can smell the water and feel it. That experience is why I bought it and the fact that the customer service and the interaction were there. During the transaction I asked the rep about the free delivery and what its catch was. And the guy was like, “Well, the catch is today is Thursday. We won’t start delivering until Sunday and we probably can’t get it to you until the following Tuesday.” It was like 10 days and I said, “Well, can I just come down and get it Sunday? They weren’t gonna hook it up anyway. They were just gonna deliver it."

He agreed and when I got to the outlet, the rep gave me a year's supply of chemicals and filters for the tub that seemed like $450 worth of stuff. Whenever I use the tub before I go to bed at night, I feel a lot better and I fall asleep easier. I get up in the morning feeling rested like I got a better night’s sleep. I can tell the difference. The quality of the tub is good and the service was great. I’d recommend Master Spas.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Mathew! We're so happy to hear that one of our spas has been able to ease the aches and pains brought on by daily tasks. Thank you for the feedback!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I went to a civic arena thing where they had a hot tub blowout sale and just got sucked into the salesman. I'm very dissatisfied with my hot tub that I purchased though and wish I had kept my 10-year-old hot tub. I'm having a hard time cleaning the Master Spas tub. Also the filter is crooked and doesn't fit in there right and so I can't even put the cover on it. I've called the manufacturer and the store I purchased it from. They listened to my complaints but all they did was send me a filter in the mail. Also, the hot tub store here in Michigan is a useless store and I would never recommend their service. I couldn't get them to call me back after a dozen phone calls.

Master Spas should fix my hot tub. It's really obvious that the filter mechanism in there touches on one side where it's supposed to be one of those floating ones. The cover floats up and down, and it won't even do that. With any kind of an inspection at all, they could have noticed that. And I wondered if they tried to get rid of it. It definitely turned me off and I wouldn't recommend Master Spas just because of that.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Peggy! We're sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your spa right now. We want you to be able to enjoy your spa to it's fullest, so I've contacted our corporate customer care team about resolving this situation. They should be in contact with you soon regarding these issues. Thank you for making us aware of this - we appreciate the honest feedback!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We purchased the Michael Phelps swim spa from Master Spas and it fits what my wife and I wanted to do. The sales rep knew what he was talking about and sold us on it. The installation team came out and put it on a slab and I'm just waiting for the electrician to show up and hook it up. And after we get it sealed in and started up I'd have them come out and give me the dog and pony show. Also somebody is going to come back and show me how to use the chemicals. I'll recommend Master Spas.

Master Spas, Inc. response

Hi Earl! I'm happy to hear that your experience with our team has been a good one. Enjoy your spa! Thanks for the feedback.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We got the Michael Phelps swim spa from Master Spas back in August. The guy who showed me the spa was really knowledgeable and Master Spas was able to give me a good price on it because I was taking the four model one. The pool portion of it was for me, while its spa portion was for my wife. They sent me a book via UPS and I haven't had the time to sit down and learn how to work the spa.

I wish there was a little more training or that they would send somebody out to show us how to get the unit filled correctly and prime the pump after we get electricity to it because this pool may have an electricity run wires to it because it's so big and so complex. It's not one of those that you can plug in to a regular socket and it works. So I haven't been able to get water in it because I've been waiting for directions to figure out where to stick the water hose to fill it up and prime in the pump. It's been sitting on our back porch just collecting dust. Also, we haven't received the bill from anybody for the financing department side of it. We're trying to figure that out so we can start paying the bills and we're not following behind.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased the Twilight series from Master Spas because of the performance and durability. I could tell that the construction of the overall unit is a lot better compared to the other tubs I have looked at. We are happy with the continuous circulating pump where the water is constantly moving even when we're not using it. The Master Spas reps were excellent. Whenever I've got a question about something, I call them up and they got the answers for me right away. I talked to other people who had purchased spas from them and they told us how good the reps were to deal with. My wife and I would go sit out there in what we call sessions because the spa has timers on it for 15 minutes. We also waltz ahead with other family members a couple of different times. Everybody has definitely come out and really enjoyed the spa.

When the installer came and got it all set up, he went over the list and says, "Okay, this is what you have to do. You got this, this, this, this, this and this." I stood there dumbfounded and I suggested to our dealer that Master Spas should come out with a DVD when people purchase a product from them showing what needs to be done step by step and informing me of what I needed to do without having to bother them. It's a hands-on and learning experience for me and my wife. And it has also taken me a while to figure out the different chemicals.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We felt comfortable working with the company we bought Master Spas from. And while we were there, a few customers came in who are more than happy to chime in and let us know how happy they were. Also, Master Spas has a decent reputation and I like their price and quality. This is our second hot tub because we lost our first one, a MAXX, in a house fire. We didn't go with MAAX due to the price. We asked for a quote, but they didn't get back to us and lost all our info. When we called back they quoted for an entirely different spa.

The spa we got from Master Spas has fewer features than what we looked at before. However, it ended up being at a similar price point, before sales and everything else. It has a 24-hour continuous filter pump, which is better for the system overall. But, the other one had two speeds for two separate pumps, so there was a little more customization from that point of view. They were even at the end of the day. The features they had were offset by what they didn't have. We've used our spa for a week and it seems to be high-quality. It's a little louder than I expected because they touted how quiet it was, but it's really not any quieter than our old spa. However, we're happy with it.

I would recommend putting the steps at a different spot than where the controls are. Not only that, the controls are on the side where all of the electrical is, which is what the side you want closest to the house, and it's a little awkward. We ended up not being able to use the steps inside the spa as anything other than seats because of the proximity to the house. It just doesn't work. We tried to figure out different ways to reposition it, but there's no way. That part is simply designed badly. It doesn't affect the actual quality and the experience, but we can't take advantage of those inside steps when getting in and out.

Master Spas, Inc. Company Information