2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Master Spas is one of the few tub companies to use biomagnetic therapy with hydrotherapy for better pain management. Its hot tubs are less customizable, but the combination swim spas and hot tubs let you relax or exercise.

PROS

• Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor

CONS

• Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Top Master Spas Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

The installation of my spa was easy to schedule. Master Spas went around whatever time I had open and worked with me. They were very accommodating ... I've been pretty happy with Master Spas thus far.

... I’m very happy with the tub. The size of the tub as well as the lighting are great. I’m in New England so the heater keeps things running even in the coldest days. So, with the cover on, it’s fine. We use it every other day and we’re happy with it.

About Master Spas

Master Spas sells a variety of hot tubs and swim spas that are excellent for relaxation or staying in shape. Master Spas swim spas are perfect for customers who want their swim spa to double as a low-impact exercise tool and family pool. The Master Spas H2X fitness spa can also be used as a hot tub.

Master Spas' hot tubs allow for a more peaceful soak thanks to a noise reduction system that decreases pump and motor vibrations considerably. Select models also come with innovative technology, such as multiple speed levels, therapeutic seat and jet placement and Velocity Injector Cones that provide 45% better jet performance.

Master Spas hot tubs

Master Spas creates a variety of hot tubs to suit different needs and budgets. The manufacturer's line has four series of hot tubs, each of which contains multiple models.

• The Twilight series includes nine hot tubs, all of which seat three to seven people. Standard features include ergonomic seating, a biomagnetic therapy system and an Orion light system. Optional features offered are Wi-Fi, Dream Lighting, a natural water sanitizing system and more. Capacity ranges from 245 to 395 gallons, and all tubs are 38 inches deep. Their dimensions range from 84 inches by 84 inches to 94 inches by 94 inches. Every tub has 36 to 49 jets.
  • The Healthy Living series provides seating for three to seven people and has six available models. Standard features include StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats, an Orion light system and a biomagnetic therapy system. The smallest hot tub has a 170-gallon capacity and a space-saving size of 78 inches by 66 inches by 32 inches. The largest hot tub in this series holds 325 gallons and is 84 inches by 84 inches by 36 inches.
  • Michael Phelps Legend series spas are 54 inches deep and use Wave XP Propulsion Technology for a smooth swim. Standard features vary by tub, but premium options include up to 45 jets, lighting, sound and Wi-Fi add-ons. They're available in lengths of 201 inches, 215 inches and 231 inches. The width and height are fixed at 94 inches by 60 inches, and capacity ranges from 1,935 gallons to 2,325 gallons.
  • Clarity series spas come with EcoPur Charge Water Purification, StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats and better energy efficiency. Optional hot tub features include Dream Lighting and a Fusion Air sound system. The six models seat five to seven people and have between 28 and 57 jets. The largest model is 108 inches by 94 inches by 38 inches, and the smallest model is 70 inches by 84 inches by 34 inches.

Master Spas prices

Most Master Spas hot tubs cost between $4,000 and $15,000. Master Spas doesn't display pricing online, but you can find the cost of specific models by contacting your nearest Master Spas dealer. You can also request hot tub or swim spa pricing using Master Spas' contact forms. You may be able to trade in your used hot tub or get financing to pay for a new one.

Master Spas accessories

Master Spas offers several accessories to customize your hot tub. Some accessories are designed for safety, including rails, steps and Master Spas' covers. The company also sells weighted booster seats, towel bars, umbrellas and pool cleaning items, such as spa brushes, bromine floaters and filter flossers. Master Spas designs some accessories to enhance the relaxation experience, such as bath bombs, spa aromatherapy crystals and spa caddies.

Master Spas FAQ

How much are Master Spas hot tubs?
Master Spas’ tub pricing starts around $4,000. The price for each model depends on your location. Contact your local dealer for exact pricing information.
How do you maintain a Master Spas hot tub?
Cleaning your Master Spas filters every month involves a few steps:
  1. Remove large debris from the filter.
  2. Spray the filter down with a hose.
  3. Place the filter in 5-gallon bucket with the appropriate cleaning agent and let it soak overnight.
  4. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
  5. Put the filter back.

Master Spas' EcoPur Charge filter only needs to be removed and rinsed before being placed back.

To clean your Master Spas hot tub:

1. Drain the tub.
  2. Wipe it down with a soft cloth and acrylic-friendly cleaner.
  3. Spot treat any stubborn mineral buildup with white vinegar or a Magic Eraser.
  4. Thoroughly rinse any spa pillows and the tub shell.

When done, fill the tub back up with water and add in Master Spas chemicals to keep the water balanced.

How do you drain a Master Spas hot tub?
To drain a Master Spas hot tub, locate the drain assembly behind the tub skirt panel and remove the cap. You can also attach a garden hose to the end of the drain assembly.
How do you winterize a Master Spas hot tub?
Master Spas hot tubs are usable year-round. Master Spas does not recommend you winterize the hot tub.
Do Master Spas hot tubs come with a warranty?
Master Spas’ warranties vary by the hot tub or swim spa series. Clarity Spas have a standard limited warranty of one to three years on Master Spas parts. Swim spas in the Michael Phelps Legend Series have a 10-year standard warranty on the spa structure, a seven-year warranty on the shell surface and a five-year warranty on plumbing. All warranty repairs include replacement parts and labor.

Are master spas good?

Master Spas has a great selection of U.S.-made hot tubs and swim spas that are durable and competitively priced. Its tubs are easy to clean, come with several feature options and have strategically placed jets for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. The company is an excellent choice for people looking for a multipurpose spa, but it may not appeal to those who want the ability to personalize their hot tub with multiple custom features.

Master Spas Reviews

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

We had a pool last year and we liked it but my husband was more interested in a hot tub. We got the 8-foot by 9-foot Balance 9. We got this big enough that the little grandkids can enjoy it as a pool when they’re here as opposed to having a separate pool too. Once we said we wanted it delivered, we got it. We were delayed in getting our deck built quite a bit, but it was two weeks after when we called them and said that we were ready. It was fine, considering we had been two months delayed. The different seat settings where you get jets in different places is probably one of the biggest things that we like. We get some up high in the neck and low in the back.

When we bought the tub and when we had to do some documentation for prescription for the tax free, we dealt with the team at Master Spas and it was excellent. Two guys brought out the tub and one of them went through the weekly stuff. He went a little bit too fast though. So maybe whoever's installing it should take their time and walk through it because when they deliver it, you don't even have any water in it yet. They leave as soon as it's dropped.

We didn't have electricity hooked up yet so maybe somebody can come back. That might not be realistic with as big as Texas is. They cover a big area but there were some questions and one thing that came up was about filling it. We had a water softener and we have a hose that bypassed the water softener. It was in the book but if I hadn't asked that question, we would have already started filling it with water softener water. And it says not to use more than 50%. So, some of the things on the setup, they were kind of disconcerting.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I was looking for something more on the hydrotherapeutic side of things. Something that had power and was quality. When you're gonna spend the amount that you spend, you wanna be very content with it. I did my research online and I heard a lot of great things about Master Spas and Artesian's. I looked for Artesian's but I couldn't find any. Then, I decided to drive three hours up north. I went and tested Master Spas and I could tell the difference. Had I not stepped inside a crappier one, I probably would've never realized. I wet tested two out, not knowing what the cost of the one I bought was the Master Spa. I figured they were gonna be comparable in terms of price but it was more marketing behind those products versus the actual experience.

The representatives answered all my questions and they were very helpful. They helped me understand what I was stepping into as it was a first-time purchase. So, I was very pleased. I went up, tested it out, had conversation and I bought it on the spot. That was how well it went. I was motivated too, so it helped, but he did his job very well. He was a very good salesperson. I got a TS 8.25 from Master Spas. The quality seems top-notch. It's probably the best that you can get.

The hot tub was like an investment in family but also an investment in wellness. Both my wife and I exercise quite a bit. We're trying to stay active and healthy. I played basketball last night and my body was hurting. So being able to jump into that right after basketball, it's just wonderful. So, it's impacted my life immensely from the sake of having that retreat and being able to utilize it in a fashion that helps me with my active lifestyle. I got four kids under four. They think they can swim in it and I'm still trying to teach them how to keep the water in the hot tub, but it's an overall extremely good time. It’s something that the kids look forward to, the nights when we do go in the hot tub, and then more so even when we have friends over. It's a good time. Life was cool before but with it, it is now great.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I found Master Spas at The Big E when I happened to be walking around and checking all the different hot tub tents. I do sales for a living and I sell roofing, siding, and windows. Master Spa uses the same finance company that I use for work. The other spa places also used the same thing, but a lot of the sales guys didn't know what they were talking about. One guy was like drunk talking to me and he said, "Yeah, you can tell me about financing." So I told him, "I'm not gonna go with you because you don't know what you're talking about." Then, I went to Master Spa and bought from them because of their sales guy. We had to walk in and the guy was really cool. He even had the same name as me. The way he did his sales was like me too. I had to buy it from him 'cause he was the one that sold the whole thing, knew what he was talking about about everything, and was really laid-back.

I like that the spa has the lights on it and I like the eco filter, the way that I could change out all the jets. The sales guy went through a whole bunch of stuff showing us all the different stuff about it and I liked everything that he showed me. It was different than some of the other stuff I seen, and it is the perfect size 'cause I needed a certain size which they had. So, because they had exactly what I was looking for and the guy knew exactly what he was talking about, the whole experience was made 10 times easier.

The guys who did the delivery were awesome. They had to take out my old hot tub and it was a pain as the thing is heavy. They had to come over around the back and had to do a lot of work. I was surprised. I told them, "I hope you guys are getting paid a lot of money," 'cause they were tired. I haven't had a bad thing happen yet except for one of the fuses was blown in the hot tub when I got it. I had to drive around and find another fuse to put in there. My brother-in-law is an electrician, so he knew what he was doing. He just told me what to get, I grabbed it, and he put it in. So, the whole experience was good. They also have a video for every process with the hot tub too that I can just look up online, so it's simple.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I was impressed with the level of therapeutic spas that Master Spas had available. And the ones that we had been looking at had some things to it, but Master Spas combined everything with the jets and the way they were assembled and the quality that they had in it. My Master Spas worked great, and I'm more impressed now that I've used it than what it was. I have a lower back problem. I was in law enforcement and was shot and I have a low back disc problem. And the therapeutic part of it helps a lot. It’s really a lifesaver. It’s awesome when it comes to the therapy part. The sit-down seat and the lounger both work really well. In addition to that, I've had other spas many years ago, and they were always a little bit to the upkeep. And my Master Spas has some features on it like the ozone and this other part that’s on that, and it really has made the chemical treatment super easy. The maintenance is really a breeze.

Making the purchase was excellent. We ended up going to a show in our local area in Huntsville, Alabama. And at that show, I was thinking there was going to be multiple spas there, so we were just gonna kinda walk through to compare. I was about 90% sure I was gonna go with a local vendor on a different manufacturer, and I’d looked at it pretty thoroughly. But once I got there, there weren’t numerous spas, but this Master Spas was there. And the person gave me the whole rundown on what it was, and she was very thorough with the explanation. Her interview worked really good, too, because she asked what our needs were. So, she wasn’t just trying to plug in something she wanted. She found out what the most important features were for us. Her knowledge was really impeccable.

The installation went very well. As a matter of fact, we got there from the last day which afforded us two things. Number one, I didn’t expect to get the delivery that day. I figured they’d do another day or two, or even the following week. And to my surprise, they scheduled me in that day. It was a few hours outside of the purchase. Unfortunately, they were backed up and they didn’t make that time, which I'm not surprised because they had sold so many of the spas. But the delivery people had called me and gave me a heads-up early on that they would make the delivery that night, and they gave me the option whether I wanted them to just come out the next day. And I said, “Well, if you guys can do it this night, that’d be fine.” They did meet me back at house, and sure enough, they delivered it that evening.

I would highly recommend Master Spas. We had a follow-up after the spa was delivered. The spa is everything we thought and then some. But then one of the jets on the lounger wasn’t functioning. And I did everything I could to make sure that I wasn’t messing something up or why one of the jets wasn’t working. I made a single phone call, and the following day, they were coming out.

Unfortunately, we were out of town and they called and asked, “Hey, can they come and look at this.” I said, “Well, sure. It’s in the backyard. Just feel free to go back there, and no problem.” They showed up even though it was an inclement weather. The problem turned out to be a kinked hose. They repaired it that day, and they followed up with a phone call to me while we were out of town and asked if there was anything else they could do. They even called back twice to make sure everything was functioning after we returned to get in there. So, the warranty thing was top of the line. I'm very comfortable with dealing with the local company directly.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

We went to one of those expo fair sales, and compared to the others we were looking at, Master Spas' price was reasonable. We also researched online and it turned out that it’s a good quality company with a good quality product. So we opted to go that route. We had a little smaller tub before, and the tub from Master Spas was a much better size. Everything was designed underneath, so it seems to be much better insulated compared to the one I had. I also like the quality of the tub itself, and the layers that they use for durability. The jet features are quite good and more therapeutic than the other spa. But the spa jets are designed for a little bit larger people. My wife is 5’1” and 105, and the jets tend to miss her because of that. That’s the only issue I have with the tub. But my wife is learning to accommodate it.

When I was making the purchase, it sounded a little like going to a car dealership. You get one guy out that comes out with a price and then he comes back with a price that’s almost half. And then, he has his guy come out and give you a little more of a discount. So I felt like I was dealing with a car dealership. But other than that, it went okay. We then wrote a check. It was pretty straightforward. Sometimes with these events they’ll do a no-interest for a period of time, and I thought that I had seen that and I inquired about that. They said no and that it had to be cash or credit card. I don’t know if there was a little misinformation, but it worked out fine.

The installation was quite smooth. The only thing that was a little of a surprise to me was when they delivered, they didn’t set up the stairs that came with the tub. They left the packaging for the hot tub cover and all the plastic wrap. This tub was fully-wrapped and sealed, and they left all of that because they couldn’t take it. And that was pretty bulky stuff. It’s not stuff you can throw in your recycling and your garbage very easily. Also, when they tipped it, they scraped one corner. So I ended up having to order another piece which I had to install myself. I got a little bit of a runaround on that. The lights worked when we hooked up the tub, but then they quit working. Apparently, they weren’t connected properly, so I ended up fixing that as well. So there were a couple of little quirks right from the beginning. But from that point forward, the tub has been perfect.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

This review is not about the hot tub (Since I have not received it yet). This review is about the scheduled delivery that did not take place. I received a phone call from the delivery driver informing me that the hot tub had arrived in a warehouse in Beaverton and needed to schedule the delivery. We agreed on Friday of next week (Oct. 2nd 2020 @9am). I asked for that day off of work (which was granted) so that I could be home for the delivery. I had to move out an RV trailer to make easy access to my backyard. Friday came and no delivery.

After 11pm I started calling to find out. Got no answer from the delivery drivers number and Master spa's kept giving me the runaround. After several phone calls and e-mails, I finally received a text from the delivery driver (on Thursday Oct.8th 2020) stating that he was still in Seattle making deliveries and he would contact me Monday or Tuesday of next week to schedule the delivery. "7 Days after the supposed delivery I get some kind of information" This is unacceptable. I understand that things happen, But the lack of communication is ridiculous. It's not easy for me to take time off from work. let alone lost wages for the day. All they had to do was call and say that they will be a delay or rescheduling. But to ignore a customer is bad business. I feel like I am being scammed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We went to a show and I picked Master Spas and I bought it. However, it took us four months to have it delivered. I called them a couple of times. But I liked it. It works well and I had no problem with it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Purchased from a dealer at a traveling show in Ridgefield, WA. I was asked to pay 50% down on over a $10,000 spa. After almost two months, the dealer is unable to tell me when my spa will be manufactured or delivered. They blame the factory. I contacted the factory, and they are unable provide any information either. Do not buy from this company. Only buy from local dealers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

We did a handful of research and the Twilight Series came recommended. We liked the sleek look of it and it had good reviews. Also, it had the three-year warranty as opposed to the lower-end price ranges which were only a year. When we purchased it, we worked with the guy we bought it from and he was helpful. We bought it during COVID and he was sent out to Minnesota from Arizona to help out. So, he was informative and with him leaving, it created the urgency on our end to make the deal with him too. But we got a good price compared to looking up and looking into other places as well. We've had the hot tub since end of March and we use it at least 5 to 10 times a month. It's user-friendly once you know what you're doing with it and it's decent.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

The Twilight model from Master Spas is a wonderful product. I've had very high standards 'cause I've had the best spas on the market and Master Spas is certainly consistent with that. It's a multi-person spa. I use it almost every morning for about an hour. I keep the jets on for about 10 minutes and then soak for an hour and it always performs flawlessly. So for me, it's a special time. I am able to enjoy climbing into a hot tub that's just the perfect temperature and always clean, even on a morning where it's brisk outside. I only let it get a little bit cloudy one time when I wasn't paying attention to the chemicals, and then I just added the chlorine and 24 hours later, it was crystal clear again.

The delivery went surprisingly well. COVID was just starting to take shape and the crew that delivered it was amazing. They did a fantastic job. The hookup was very simple, other than trying to get an electrician out here to do it because of COVID. But after making several calls, I found somebody who was able to come out and do it and it was relatively simple. The setup was very straightforward setup. I'm very happy that I've made the purchase. Anytime you guys come to town, I'd be happy to go and talk to your customers. It's a great product. I'm impressed with everything in it.

Master Spas Company Information