2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Master Spas offers a wide variety of hot tubs and aims to satisfy everyone’s likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for, Master Spas is ready to assist you in finding the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Contact the company to explore different hot tub options and find local Master Spas dealers.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Master Spas is one of the few tub companies to use biomagnetic therapy with hydrotherapy for better pain management. Its hot tubs are less customizable, but the combination swim spas and hot tubs let you relax or exercise.

PROS

• Combination swim spas
  • Advanced biomagnetic therapy
  • Quiet motor

CONS

• Must see local dealer for pricing
  • Limited customization

Top Master Spas Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

The installation of my spa was easy to schedule. Master Spas went around whatever time I had open and worked with me. They were very accommodating ... I've been pretty happy with Master Spas thus far.

... I’m very happy with the tub. The size of the tub as well as the lighting are great. I’m in New England so the heater keeps things running even in the coldest days. So, with the cover on, it’s fine. We use it every other day and we’re happy with it.

About Master Spas

Master Spas sells a variety of hot tubs and swim spas that are excellent for relaxation or staying in shape. Master Spas swim spas are perfect for customers who want their swim spa to double as a low-impact exercise tool and family pool. The Master Spas H2X fitness spa can also be used as a hot tub.

Select models also come with innovative technology, such as multiple speed levels and therapeutic seat and jet placement.

Master Spas hot tubs

Master Spas creates a variety of hot tubs to suit different needs and budgets. The manufacturer's line has four series of hot tubs, each of which contains multiple models.

• The Twilight series includes eight hot tubs, all of which seat three to seven people. Standard features include ergonomic seating, a biomagnetic therapy system and an Orion light system. Optional features offered are Wi-Fi, Dream Lighting, a natural water sanitizing system and more. Capacity ranges from 200 to 395 gallons, and all tubs are 34 to 38 inches deep. Their dimensions range from 78 inches by 78 inches to 94 inches by 94 inches. Every tub has 36 to 49 jets.
  • The Healthy Living series provides seating for three to seven people and has six available models. Standard features include StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats, an Orion light system and a biomagnetic therapy system. The smallest hot tub has a 170-gallon capacity and a space-saving size of 78 inches by 66 inches by 32 inches. The largest hot tub in this series holds 380 gallons and is 94 inches by 94 inches by 36 inches.
  • The Michael Phelps Legend series has features that vary by tub, but premium options include lighting, sound and Wi-Fi add-ons.
  • Clarity series spas come with EcoPur Charge Water Purification, StressRelief Neck and Shoulder seats and better energy efficiency. Optional hot tub features include Dream Lighting and a Fusion Air sound system. The six models seat five to eight people and have between 28 and 57 jets. The largest model is 108 inches by 94 inches by 38 inches, and the smallest model is 70 inches by 84 inches by 34 inches.

Master Spas prices

Most Master Spas hot tubs cost between $4,000 and $15,000. Master Spas doesn't display pricing online, but you can find the cost of specific models by contacting your nearest Master Spas dealer. You can also request hot tub or swim spa pricing using Master Spas' contact forms. You may be able to trade in your used hot tub or get financing to pay for a new one.

Master Spas accessories

Master Spas offers several accessories to customize your hot tub. Some accessories are designed for safety, including rails, steps and Master Spas' covers.

Master Spas FAQ

How much are Master Spas hot tubs?
Master Spas’ tub pricing starts around $4,000. The price for each model depends on your location. Contact your local dealer for exact pricing information.
How do you maintain a Master Spas hot tub?
Cleaning your Master Spas filters every month involves a few steps:
  1. Remove large debris from the filter.
  2. Spray the filter down with a hose.
  3. Place the filter in 5-gallon bucket with the appropriate cleaning agent and let it soak overnight.
  4. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
  5. Put the filter back.

Master Spas' EcoPur Charge filter only needs to be removed and rinsed before being placed back.

To clean your Master Spas hot tub:

1. Drain the tub.
  2. Wipe it down with a soft cloth and acrylic-friendly cleaner.
  3. Spot treat any stubborn mineral buildup with white vinegar or a Magic Eraser.
  4. Thoroughly rinse any spa pillows and the tub shell.

When done, fill the tub back up with water and add in Master Spas chemicals to keep the water balanced.

How do you drain a Master Spas hot tub?
To drain a Master Spas hot tub, locate the drain assembly behind the tub skirt panel and remove the cap. You can also attach a garden hose to the end of the drain assembly.
How do you winterize a Master Spas hot tub?
Master Spas hot tubs are usable year-round. Master Spas does not recommend you winterize the hot tub.
Do Master Spas hot tubs come with a warranty?
Master Spas’ warranties vary by the hot tub or swim spa series. Clarity Spas have a standard limited warranty of one to three years on Master Spas parts. Swim spas in the Michael Phelps Legend Series have a 10-year standard warranty on the spa structure, a seven-year warranty on the shell surface and a five-year warranty on plumbing. All warranty repairs include replacement parts and labor.

Are Master Spas good?

Master Spas has a great selection of U.S.-made hot tubs and swim spas that are durable and competitively priced. Its tubs are easy to clean, come with several feature options and have strategically placed jets for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. The company is an excellent choice for people looking for a multipurpose spa, but it may not appeal to those who want the ability to personalize their hot tub with multiple custom features.

Master Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

We've been in the market for a hot tub off and on for a couple years. But now that it's getting closer to retirement for my husband, he started to get serious about it. With the pandemic, we haven't been going to the gym. We went to half a dozen different stores around here and did a lot of research on the internet about the pros and cons of different spas. Master Spas have been around for quite a long time and the reviews in general, seemed to be in their favor. The dealer was two miles from our house, which was desirable, and they had a few floor models. We saw one on the floor that we liked. The parts and the warranties fit our bills and the price was good. They were expensive but I understand that it was the going rate. All those factors seemed to fit our requirements. So, we were happy.

We got the Twilight series and it fits perfectly. We have it in our garage. We've got a three-car garage and we live in a townhouse. We didn't want it outside but we didn't want it inside. So, this is the best of both worlds. I like the jets a lot and my favorite is the high-powered jet. It's been easier than we thought to figure out the chemistry aspect of it. And so far, we've only had the hot tub for about three weeks. We haven't had any problems yet but I was hoping that if we would have an issue, we would get some good help from our local person and they would work with us and help us to resolve it timely, and with very minimum charge, if anything.

We started looking this past summer and we pulled the trigger in August but we did not get the spa until November 20th. I understood about the pandemic and I was very understanding about the production but we had to wait three months to get the spa. So, that was a little disappointing. Also, we didn't get a quote deal for getting a floor model. But it's been a good experience with Master Spas. We’re new in the game here and I'm hopeful that the experience will continue and that they will be receptive to anything we have.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

We purchased a 15-seater tub from Master Spas. It’s 8 foot wide and 15 foot long, with 46 rings on it. So we’re very happy with it. We went down to the expo and this was their fifth year at our convention center. We caught them on the last day and my wife fell in love with it. She has enjoyed it much more than I have. We ended up paying about $22,000 but it was retailing for around 30,000. The distributor is Florida-based and we've got to give them a call. Hopefully, he's got somebody close by. We experienced Hurricane Zeta and it tore the wrap off. It is useless because it’s been compromised on the strapping part of it. The straps are all fabric and it’s a zip type thing. It needs to be replaced.

We did not get any forecast of this 110 mile an hour wind. There’s a fellow across the street, next block over from us, who has a wind gauge and he said that he had multiple hits of 110 miles an hour. We had some trouble but it’s not the spa’s fault. I had even purchased for that occasion. I bought a special tarp and had it set up where I could just put rubber straps all the way around the whole thing. These things are about two inches wide and about half inch thick but I didn't dare go outside because I had a 110 mile an hour pieces of roofing coming at me. My wife was thinking that it would rip it off but I didn’t think it would have.

Everything went well. The delivery, the sale and the spa were great. The only problem I have with that spa is that for females, it’s hard to get the cover opened. The only way is to buy a more expensive one for it, which is electric. They could have offered it but I might be able to buy something where I can hook it because there are two pieces of covering. It got metal bars on the back side of each side that are framed with it, and they move with it. I can connect it to the bars and have a strap, and she might be able to pull it a lot easier. I’ll think of something and maybe Master Spas can come up with an idea where you could put it on there and hold it. And when you take it up, you’re gonna have to release it or something will put it down quite easily.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Master Spas was having like an expo where they had the different units out and they were talking about how the units worked. I really liked the guy that I was talking to and I liked the spa. We were waffling between the 8-foot or the 11-foot. I need the spa because I've had a double hip replacement and I need to do warm water therapy.

There was a promotion and the guy told me that he could get me a really good deal on the 2019. So, I went out there and talked to the guy. I had initially decided I was gonna go with an 11-foot. Then I kept looking at the book and I decided that the 8-foot had more seating. It was still a swim spa but it would be better to have more seats. As we got to talk about it, the guy said that he could do a really good deal with our 2020 and I wouldn't have to take a 2019. The order took a little longer but I wasn't ready for it anyway. I like everything about the spa. I can turn the heat off and cool it down for summer times so that it's cooler. Then, in the fall and the winter, I can turn the heat on and that's very nice. I like the jets. It does a really good job. It's not just the hydrotherapy for me. It's a good hot tub, too.

The spa's hydraulic lids are not as easy to use. When they said hydraulic to me, I thought they meant automatic hydraulic where you'd push a button. But that's not what it is. It's on a mechanism and you have to flip the things back, and then you lift it up, and then pulling it down is really harder than lifting it up. I also have to step on a step stool. It requires some physical strength and height that I don't have. So, I'm limited to my ability to use it as often as I would like to. I can't really get in the spa if my husband is not home, mainly because he won't allow it because it is more of a strenuous exercise than I thought it would be. I also wasn't impressed with the stairs at all. They're plastic. We had to build something up to it to put the stairs on.

Once you have had an injury as I've had, there's no therapy that touches the deep water, warm water therapy. These Master Spas are swim spas but they're also perfect for deep water, warm water therapy. And unless you can find a YMCA or a person who does this at their home, there's no other option. So Master Spas is the go-to for anybody and you can get this pretty hot too. You could do a small hot tub area if you did an inground pool, but Master Spas is better than that and has a better price.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Master Spas is one of the top ones. It has really good online reviews. We had a hot tub before and wanted a new one. We had moved to a different house that did not have a hot tub, and so we wanted one. We got the Twilight 8.2. I'm above average size, and I didn't fit that well in all the other hot tubs that I've seen. The Twilight 8.2 fits me better. We had Hot Spring hot tub in the past. The Twilight is much nicer. We bought ours used and we had a larger budget this time. So we wanted one with a little more features this time. We were happy with our one in the past, but we're very happy with the one that we purchased now.

The installation team was fantastic and the service team was really fantastic. Another reason why we chose Master Spas was the Master Spas in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The dealer really had a great salesman. He was able to answer our questions and helped us think about other things that we should be looking for in a hot tub. Then the person who helped us with all the paperwork gave us information for our electrician and talked about different things that we should think about maybe buying in the future or not really thinking about either adding to our hot tub or not based on cost. It was a really nice experience.

Since using the Master Spas, I'm much more relaxed. We are really enjoying the hydrotherapy. Both my wife and I have some arthritis. So that really helped with our achy joints and to our stressful jobs, releasing some stress at night. Our hot tub has very high quality. I would put it against any other of the hot tubs on the market. I really love the product and the customer service that we got at the dealer. We visited probably six other dealers in the Grand Rapids area and the service that we got from Master Spas went well. I would highly recommend the one that we got, but also the dealer that we went to.

Master Spas response

We're so happy to hear this, Tim! We love hearing about the positive experiences our customers have had, not only with our product but with their dealer as well. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

We went to a promotion that was going on here in Frisco, Texas, and we looked at all the Master Spas, and we found one that was the size and shape that we really liked. We went ahead and bought it. The sales rep was a nice guy. He was very informative and enthusiastic. He was a good salesman. The installation was good. The guys could have been a little more thorough with their explanations of things. I also noticed that when they were showing me how to clean the filters in the spa, they didn't wash their hands and they got dirt all over the filters, and now I can't get that off. But they were pretty good. We're enjoying the spa very much. We're both in our 60s and we have our usual aches and pains of getting old, and it helps us relax and get the kinks out of the muscles. It's definitely doing the job.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I purchased a Twilight 7-2 spa at an event in my town. It was delivered on time with no problem. However, within 2 weeks things started going wrong. First an LED light went out, then the LED control button on the control panel stopped working so I can't use the lights. Then the Jets buttons on the control panel stopped working. I called the factory authorized repair person and he said that they are behind and everything is backordered. He has clients who are trying to keep their spas from freezing while the parts are delayed. Has people waiting since October for parts.

He said the control panels were switched to a touch pad design and they are sensitive to getting wet. Wow - did they even test it? You can't have a control panel next to the water without getting wet. When the cover is closed, the whole area fills with steam. So now I can't use the jets on the spa - so far it is still staying hot which is good. I worry that will stop working too and we live in an area that gets below freezing often in the winter. They are having another spa sale in my town this weekend. Why don't they use the parts to fix the spas they have already sold! I will attend this weekend to ask them how I can return it.

Master Spas response

Hi Evelyn. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your spa. Unfortunately with the COVID pandemic there have been many part shortages as several of those manufacturers have had to shut down temporarily and haven't been able to produce those parts for us. As they start to reopen, I assure you that we are working hard to make sure everyone who needs a new part is able to get one.

As far as the touchscreen control panel, there is a potential your spa could've unfortunately been built with a faulty control panel but I assure you it's not because they're sensitive to water. We do test our products and would not have chosen that part if it couldn't be used near water.

We're very sorry to hear that your spa hasn't been working as expected. We hope to hear soon that your dealer and servicer have been able to make those repairs. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I liked the quality and price of Master Spas. I got a Twilight Series 8.25 from them and delivery and installation was good. The quality is good as well. We had one thing break, but they sent me the part and I replaced it. It was an easy fix.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Master Spas is awesome and customer service has been the best part of the experience. I've had techs many times since I got my hot tub and they've been amazing. So helpful. I also had to bribe the installers to help me set up the cover. I have tools, but I had no idea how to set it up, so I asked them to help me. Eventually, they gave in and helped me. It's good. However, the information that I got on the chemical situation wasn't exactly correct. I went to another local hot tub place and they were like, “Oh, no. This is what you need to do.” Eventually, I got it balanced right. We love everything about the spa. It's something different to do in the winter. We have good family talks in there.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

So far, this spa seems to be a good product. However, the company appears to be disreputable which should make people suspect about the product as well. I bought one at a showing at the Reno convention center. The salesman promised that his crew could get it where I needed it (on my deck) and to make sure I showed him numerous photos, including Google Earth and street view. He assured me that it was not a problem. However, the delivery team showed up and literally laughed out loud.

They did say I should contact the salesman and have him order up a larger delivery crew (I legally understood the extra personnel would be on my dime, even with the salesman's lies). So I contacted him immediately. He stated he would call the office the following day. I never heard another word, even though I also left a message with the company headquarters delivery POC. Zero. And the delivery crew left the damn thing on its side at a dangerous angle on my driveway (about 4 feet from the road). The company did muster the energy to respond lengthily to my dispute request with my credit card, but to this day have never attempted to contact me. So, buyer beware of the disreputable nature of this firm. I am still very disappointed. I pay $8000 and this was the result. Find a different company.

Master Spas response

Hi Ronn. We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with the retailer you purchased our product from. Being only the manufacturer of your hot tub, there's unfortunately not much we can do when it comes to the delivery and installation provided by your retailer. With that being said, I did reach out to them to get more information about this situation. They did provide me with the delivery form which shows where you signed in acceptance of the delivery as it was on 10/4/20. They also sent me the spa placement form which clearly states that you would need to make access in order for them to properly deliver and install the spa, which you also signed in acknowledgement of on 9/25/20. I do want to apologize on their behalf for the issues you've had getting ahold of them. Again, as they're a completely separate company from us there's unfortunately not much we can do on that end. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

The delivery guys were great. They did a good job. When they first delivered, they had the cover for it, but they didn't have the mechanism to raise and lower it that comes with it. They came back with it a couple days later and got that done. The hot tub I got was for seven and I have a family of four, so it's a little bigger. Still, I like the size of it. Seven was the right size for four. The maintenance also seems to be very easy, which I like, and the jets are good. I wish there were a few more lights in it and in hindsight, I wish I had gotten some kind of sound system in it, but other than that, I love it.

I looked at a few other places beforehand, and the six-month waiting period because of COVID and everybody buying these things, they're all sold out everywhere. Given the situation we're all in, it's definitely a seller's environment. We bought our hot tub at a show. When we went, the show had only been open for two hours, and they had sold over 70% of the ones on the floor already. I wasn't intending to buy at that moment, but I realized if I wanted one and I wanted one soon, I had to buy it right away. We bought what was available from Master Spas. I would have spent a little more time and bought a hot tub with the sound system or something else had they had that available, but I still like the one I got. I also spent more than I wanted to, but I got it right away.

Master Spas Company Information