Call toll free
4.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to buy your first hot tub or replace the one you currently own? At Master Spas, we offer a wide variety of hot tubs, aiming to satisfy everyone’s different likes and needs. No matter what you are looking for or are in need of, Master Spas is ready to assist you in looking for the hot tub that will best fit your needs. Visit our website today or contact us to explore our different hot tub brands or to find a dealer.

Master Spas Video
Master Spas Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

542 Master Spas LLC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 23, 2019

We love the quality of the Clarity 8 that we purchased from Master Spas. We liked the room in it and my husband liked the lounge chair. I like the adjustable jets and then the automatic cleaner where it just runs by itself. We love the lights, too. We had to call the Master Spas team because we got into the sub-menu somehow, and they walked us through it. We had an easy experience overall. Master Spas has great salespeople.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We’ve had extremely good luck with Master Spas and we like them. We had a Master Spa seven-foot square that lasted for about 10 years but we started having some problems with it, so we decided to get a smaller one. We got the 6.2 Twilight Series and our experience with their reps was very good. There was no pressure. They showed us the different stuff they had then let us go out for lunch and talk about it. Then we came back and bought it. Getting our new tub set up was even easier. We got home and three hours later, the installers were here. They took the old one out, put the new one in, and we were set. We love our new hot tub and we're using it everyday. It’s got plenty of jets and is the right size.

Master Spas LLC response

We're so happy to hear that, Kevin! We love to hear about our happy customers. Thanks for the kind feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: April 14, 2019

Our Swim Spa is just a year old and we are having a lot of problems. We are noticing rust by the filter doors, at the lighting fixtures, handles. Then the air flow valve just flew off. Customer service was called and they were not surprised that this happened and a no flow valve is on its way. We had a spa before and we are regretting that we traded it in with this Swim Spa. The other Spa we had for 9 years and not one problems. Now this thing is barely a year old.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Master Spas' sales reps were easy to work with. I liked the Twilight 8.25's features and price. Also, it's made in the United States, it has good quality jets and has high energy efficiency. Very good quality.

Master Spas LLC response

We're happy to hear that, Mike! We pride ourselves on the quality of our spas, and we always enjoy hearing that our customers can feel the difference. Thank you for the feedback!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2019

Purchasing our Master Spas was nothing but an excellent experience however dealing with the company now is ridiculous! We have a 6 month old spa that has a rusting LED light under the light cover. After multiple pictures and conversation back and forth we have been told it is only 'cosmetic' and they don't warranty that! We can however order a new light and then be charged a service call to put it in after we remove most of the water that was just changed! They don't stand behind their product obviously so BUYER BEWARE!! Also not to mention that the pillows have faded horribly as well...wish I could post a picture of them both!!

Master Spas LLC response

Hi Dee! Thanks for reaching out. I'm going to forward your review as well as your contact information to our customer care department so they can look into this for you. Thanks for the honest feedback! We appreciate it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Spas?

Original review: April 1, 2019

I got a Twilight 7.2 hot tub from MasterSpas recently and the sales reps whom we worked with were great as well as the people involved with getting it delivered. Problems were resolved very quickly. Thus far, I've found that the tub we got is of great quality and the jets are very powerful. It's a good value and when I use it, I definitely feel a little younger.

Master Spas LLC response

We're so happy to hear that, Joseph! Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: March 29, 2019

We'd been looking at Master Spas for a while and we bought a three-seat spa at a show. The kid that we bought it from really knew his stuff. He knew everything about it that we asked him, and had an answer for everything. Plus the price was right for what we got. Setup was straightforward. They came, set it up and installed the cover. They were here when they said they were gonna be. The tub is low maintenance and it's easy to take care of. It stays warm and does what it's supposed to do. I use it every day and now my sciatic pain is much less. I've recommended Master Spas to a couple of people.

Master Spas LLC response

Thank you so much, Jack! We're so happy to hear that one of our spas has been able to help with your sciatic pain! Hydrotherapy can really do wonders when it comes to relieving pain and decreasing stress. Thank you for the kind feedback!

Resolution response: April 7, 2019

I did get a refund. But it was not easy. The contract reads no refunds, all sales final.

According to the Federal Trade Commission there is a Cooling Down law that covers all 50 states.

At the time of purchase merchant is supposed to give you a right to cancel form that you need to return within 72 hours if you choose to cancel.

It is not legal to out contract the law. This means it's not legal to state no refunds on contract when the consumer has the right to cancel within 3 days. It is misleading to misinform the consumer.

If you are interested go to Federal Trade Commission Website. Look up Cooling Down law.

Kayla at Corporate headquarters helped to get my refund. Thank you Kayla.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Tried to cancel contract in less than 24 hours. Salesman, manager and General Manager all refused. Pool was not as described. They will take your deposit. Told me refunds were illegal. Don't do business with this company.

Master Spas LLC response

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. I reached out to your dealer's representatives and they assured me that they are working with you to get this issue resolved. If these issues persist, please don't hesitate to email me.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I recently got a Midnight Series spa from Master Spas. The people at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul location were super nice. Their rep told us why Master Spas units were built for Minnesota versus the California Spas and other types which didn't have heaters in them for the winters. I didn't quite understand putting the different chemicals so I went down to their location again to buy some. Their rep told me that I should have enough chemicals to last me through the summer. I told him I didn't so he gave them to me for free and told me that he didn't want to want to see me back until next fall. He told me that I just didn't understand and that what he gave me was what I needed. I didn't need all the other chemicals in the spa.

However, we have a fairly good sized crack on the inside of our spa cover. The rep told me to take a picture and then gave me a website to send the picture to. Despite this issue, we love the spa. It's wonderful and we were all in it on New Year's Eve. It was about 50 below and there was a wind chill. The spa has little bubbles in it which were freezing. Still, the spa never left from 104 degrees even with the cold temperature. I liked how we could sit down low in the spa so that the wind would go over us instead of up high and freezing.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I like Master Spas' value and reliability, and I like my new spa's energy efficiency feature. The Master Spas representatives were good, too. You should look at Master Spas before buying somewhere else.

Master Spas LLC response

Thanks, Lance! We appreciate the kind feedback!

Original review: March 22, 2019

My spa quit working a few days ago, it is 3 months old. I've called multiple times and no one will return my call. This is ridiculous. I read the bad reviews about their cx service-AFTER my purchase! I would appreciate a company that stands behind their product.

Master Spas LLC response

Hi Lawrence! Thanks for reaching out. I just forwarded your review along with your contact information to our corporate customer service team. They should be reaching out to you soon. If you don't hear from them soon, please let me know. Thanks!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased the 8-foot hot tub from Master Spas and the guys that delivered it had the wrong panels on it, so I had to call. They got back out in two weeks and redid it. Everything’s been great so far.

Master Spas LLC response

We're happy to hear that, Jay! Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: March 18, 2019

the Master Spas HL 8 fits my needs. It seemed to be the best. I'm enjoying it. It's a first class product and the installation was fine. The representatives were also okay.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I'm very satisfied going with Master Spas. I got the eight-foot Twilight and while I don’t really get in the spa too much, I enjoy it when I do. Overall, the lighting and the waterfalls are nice, and the stereo is nice to have too. I had to have parts replaced. There was a recall on the fitting of the diverter valve, but it was so easy to do. Also, I'm a little disappointed on the Wi-Fi module that has been acting up, and they've ordered a new one. So, I'm hoping I have better luck with the new one. My experience with the company has been all positive so far. The customer service and the quality compared to the cost of the spa are very good.

Original review: March 15, 2019

This may be a good product if you manage construction projects for a living or are handy and physically able to do a lot of work yourself. I’m a disabled vet so needed something like this to help rehab, exercise and reduce stress. I also work full time, so managing multiple contractors to get this done was also problematic. Here’s my story...

I spent hours, more like days and weeks, researching and trying to find the right equipment to meet my needs. Even tested what I bought at the factory hours away to determine if it was right. This was useful so I’ll give an attaboy to Master Spas for this opportunity. Once I selected and paid my down payment (for what I thought was going to be a “new” Michael Phelps momentum deep swim spa), I had to start managing different contractors, getting quotes, and prepping the site. The first thing was installing the concrete pad. If this is not something you already have, be prepared to shell out a few thousand on top of what you pay for the spa. Just know ahead of time: if you don’t have the right pad, and the tub warps, the warranty is null and void.

Then I had to arrange for electric, who could only do half the job because the spa had not arrived yet. Plus, electricians don’t necessarily know what they are doing with swim spas; so select wisely who does the work. It took hours for my electrician to figure out the diagrams they gave us... Maybe that’s not Master Spas fault... Maybe, just maybe there is a better way to communicate what needs to be done. Electrician said it had already been wired up partially, so we were well on our way (why was half the work already done? Oh yeah, floor model, not new as expected). Electric hookup will also be a few thousand more depending on what your needs are.

Then I had to remove a fence (which being disabled, was not easy...but it happened, mostly with the help of my awesome family). Once the spa was delivered, ripping through my yard and my neighbor’s, not bothering to fix anything, they dropped it and left. I was on my own... Looking at the folder they gave me that said “floor model”... Wait, what? I paid how much for something they have been using on the floor? I have no idea who or what has been swimming around in my spa before me. Great, guess that’s what the chlorine is for.

Also note, if you have this delivered in winter, it may be “winterized,” which means there will be pink anti-freeze in it. The guys dropping it off said this will be no problem; just fill it up and the filters will take out the anti-freeze... Mmmm. Ok, fine... I was told to take the panels off to get the operator’s manual... Really? They put the manual inside the panels of the spa?! The screws were rusty (just how long was this spa a floor model?) and after a bunch of drilling and some choice words, I get the panels off to find the manual and some other gadgets, which I have no idea the purpose of, nor can I find any reference to in any manuals. (Hope there is a YouTube video to tell me what to do).

So according to the incredibly hard to understand and cryptic operator’s manual, I determine that I need to fill the spa before the electricians finish the job so we can test it to make sure everything works. I do, and then they come back so I can give them another grand $... Awesome! We “test it”... Nobody really knows how anything works so we push random buttons, I see whirring and bubbles so we declare “good to go, baby.”

Now the chemicals... Assuming I get the levels right and don’t poison myself - my guess is this will be all worth it... Time will tell. So what is the lesson here? Understand that the company is going to sell you this tub and drop it in your yard. Every other detail, (concrete, electric, prepping the site for delivery, fixing the site after delivery, setting up the spa with water and chemicals, bleeding the lines for air should that be a problem) is on you. If you’re up for it and physically able, or have the time to hire and manage contractors, then go for it; but don’t expect a whole lot of help from the company you just shelled out your hard earned money to.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I had a great experience with Brent and this hot tub; no pressure to buy it. My problem was the delivery. Rodney said gate width area was 38" brick to brick which is not correct as it is 40". I removed gate & hinges and put blankets on the walls. I watched as my spa was slid off the back of the trailer and then dropped onto the pavement. The two guys weren't strong enough to push 1485lbs up the front of my house to the back yard. Construction workers across the street helped get the spa to side opening and left. Rod and Mike pushed the spa on a dolly with low tires and then let the spa backside drop against my brand new house sliding it leaving a scratch mark down the side of my house and stucco window frames.

There was 6" on both sides of the spa but the two weren't strong enough to push and move the tub. I asked why they didn't have more people and they said, "Ma'am this is all you got." I am inserting pictures. I have left messages with Kevin in MN but no return calls. Rodney claims I said I accept damages. I did to the hot tub, NOT my brand new house. Who would say that with a brand new house? Kevin, to this day has NEVER returned my calls. No one has called to answer my questions or even apologize for what happened. I haven't even had a chance to enjoy my hot tub yet. I hope it's not damaged from being dropped. I asked Rodney and he told me the pumps were bolted in and I was told I have a 5 year warranty.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I liked the price of the HL 7 from Master Spas. I got one and the customer service they provided at the showroom was outstanding. I liked how they worked with us. We told them what we could spend and they found the best deal. They didn't try to upsell using a used car salesman tactic. Instead, their guy found exactly what we wanted and I was impressed by that. However, I have a problem with the minimum water line. It says it's a 4-person hot tub but then if we fit four people in it, that displaces all the water and we have to refill it. Still, the quality of the hot tub has been great thus far.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Master Spas' CLS Balance 7 has all the features we want. We like its price too. We got one and it has been great so far. The size is enough for our family. I wanted one chair that would work on my neck and shoulders with the higher jets and it has that feature. We've had to call them with a couple of questions though as the lights weren't working properly. Still, service came pretty quickly and they fixed our issues.

Master Spas LLC response

Hi Alice! Thanks for the feedback. We're happy to hear that your experiences with your spa and our service team have been positive ones. Thanks again for the kind feedback! Happy hot-tubbing!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I looked at a few companies and I liked the Master Spas Clarity 7 design. It looked like the design was really well and the filter was out of the way so it didn't protrude in the use of the spa. It would be nice if Master Spas had an all-in package going forward, saying like, “Here’s your spa, here’s the cover for it. Here’s all the other stuff you need for it too.” Instead of like, “Here’s the price.” And then, all of a sudden, you start adding on to it. But I like the spa. I got a good value for it.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We enjoyed Master Spas' design and the quality of the product. We purchased a small, three-person spa at a local retailer. The manufacture of the unit is very good, fit and finish. The control panel is nice. Also the, cost is reasonable. The unit is on the low-end of the value scale but well-worth it. Master Spas is doing a great job. They should keep up what they are doing.

Master Spas LLC response

Thank you, John! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your hot tub! Thanks for the feedback.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We liked the Clarity Spa's appearance, size and the number of jets. We were impressed that it had either two or three motors. We looked around at a sale event and then we talked to the Master Spas sales person, made our decision and he did the paperwork. The lady who scheduled the delivery was really helpful because we had the person come out to check the specs, and then we had a lot of work to do and it took us a year on our part to do it. The tub is of good quality. We use the hot tub four days a week.

Master Spas LLC response

Thanks, Julie! We're happy to hear that you're able to get so much use out of your spa! We appreciate your feedback very much.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

At the time we bought it I thought that Master Spas was the most economical solution to what we were trying to achieve. But then I’m a maintenance sort of guy, and I’m disappointed with the design of the hot tub from a maintenance point of view. Where we live, it gets very cold in the winter and we have to drain our hot tub. So twice a year, I have to take the cover off, put it back on and I have to get access to the pump drain and the tub drain to drain the tub.

With my old tub, all I did was unhook one pipe and the tub would drain. And the drain for the pump was right there, easily accessible. On this hot tub, I don’t know if I even drained it properly this winter. I’m waiting till the spring. The drain plugs are in the back of the pump. You can’t get your hand in to undo the drain plugs. So the ones that I did get undone. It was a struggle. The other one, I just couldn’t get. This coming spring when we go to turn it on, I may have a frozen pump that I have to deal with. I’m also disappointed that I’m sitting all winter wondering whether I’m gonna have a major issue with my tub next year.

The face cover of my old tub came off easily. This one, the cover on the side of the tub wouldn’t go back on. There were no screws. You have to bend it or something like that to get it to sit onto the hot tub. I don’t have the room to do that. My old tub also has a cedar siding. I undid two screws and it lifted off. It was set into my deck. So, the only way I can get it off is lift it straight up. Master Spas just have guides down the side that you have to bend to slide it in. It just doesn’t work. It's a very poor design. For a couple of bucks, they could’ve put levers on that space panel that would’ve allowed me to undo it, pull it off, and no issue at all. So I was forced to cut the edge of the front panel off to try to get it to slide in. That also didn’t even work because the channels are so tight against it.

So the next thing I’ve done is cut the channels back so that I can lay it flat against the hot tub. But it’s not secured. So from that perspective I’m extremely disappointed. They are building these things everyday and sending them all over North America and Canada. And if it’s going to Canada, you gotta be able to drain it easily, comfortably in five minutes, not spend an hour fighting with hoses and tubes. When I was setting it up, I was also disappointed and the dealer didn’t send anybody out to do it for me. They just brought it out, dropped it on the pad and left. It was up to me or my electrician to do it.

I sent an email to the dealer and asked them to pass it on the hot tub people. Nobody has ever come back to me.I may be fighting with my dealer in the spring over this. But as far as sitting in it in the summertime, it’s lovely and very nice. But if my next-door neighbor was looking for hot tub, I would say to check on the installation and the maintenance. And I wouldn’t recommend Master Spas to anybody in our situation.

Master Spas LLC response

Hi Bob! Thanks for reaching out with your concerns about your spa. I've forwarded your information to our customer care team - in fact, I believe they've already reached out to you to discuss these issues with you further. Thank you for your honest feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I happened to see Master Spas at a show and I liked the product and the price. They were better than what I've seen from others. I bought the Ochos hot tub from them. I like its size and electrical requirements. It also has the standard jets and lighting. I installed the tub myself and it was very easy to work with. Their team answered all my questions and took care of all my concerns. The tub is a great value for the price and I enjoy it a lot.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I purchased a CLS Precision 7 Master Spas hot tub and I really like the layout. The reps were also really nice and honest. They've got about five other hot tubs and they talked about all the features. They explained everything well and told me where I could go in Alberta to get one. They hooked me up with a dealer. We've been happy with the tub so far. I use it every day. It's relaxing and I really enjoy it. I would recommend it to any of my friends, and I would definitely buy another one.

Master Spas LLC response

So happy to hear that, Mark! We love hearing that our customers have had such positive experiences when purchasing and using their hot tub! Thank you so much for the kind feedback. We appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have the Clarity 7 from Master Spas. Their reps have been really helpful. I had maintenance issues at the start and I got some good coaching from them. Everything seems to be going well now. Thus far, I've been liking the two pumps, the lights and the large footwell. I recommend this tub. It makes it more relaxing at home.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The dealer sold me a spa and switched it with a demo model that was damaged. Master Spas has no control over this. Dealer would not repair or replace. Master Spas has no control over this. Back order on cover and steps for three months. Master Spas has no control over this. The plastic surround cover for the entire spa has fallen out of the metal retainers. I now have wood screws in every panel to keep the snow out. Master Spas has no control over this. Dealer has no more response to my inquiries after the check cleared except to allow me to drive for 3 hours one way to get my steps before they were given or sold to someone else. Master Spas has no control over this. My electric bill is up 25% every month since the spa was installed.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have the Twilight Series from Master Spas. Compared to my previous tub, this one is much better. I like the oscillating jets it has as well as the size of the tub. I've got a bad back so from a physical therapy standpoint, this tub has helped me quite a bit. I use it several times a week.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was looking through different companies online and saw a lot of good ratings on Master Spas Twilight Series. I ended up seeing it, from price to quality and parts that come on it, and just chose that one. I used another tub before and I'm happier with the Master Spa product. Their team was fantastic, good guys and were there on the ball. The quality of the hot tub has been good so far. I had a little warranty issue but it was taken care of right away. They had the part in stock, I put it in myself, and it was very easy. It's only been a few months but I'm enjoying the tub so I'm very happy.

Master Spas LLC response

Happy to hear that, Vince! Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate it!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We're very pleased with Master Spas. We got a Twilight and it's a very nice hot tub. We went to the showroom and looked at the tubs, and it was the one we liked. We were also looking for a very small spa. We had a very small place to put it. And the Twilight is kind of a triangle-shaped spa and it suited our needs. It's got the LED lights, the waterfall and the big foot blaster. We've also like the bio filter. It's got the zinc in the filter and it's very easy to maintain. Our Twilight got a really beautiful shell. And it's a really nice-looking spa in addition to the features and the jets. We had a challenging experience getting it up on a deck. It took two hours. But the installers walked us through all of the functions, the keypad and how to operate. It's simple and intuitive, though.

We couldn't be happier with our new hot tub. After we bought it, we did a lot of research and then started seeing all the reviews. We walked in to look at a spa, and we walked out with this thing. It was sight unseen because they didn't have the actual spa at the location they're at. So, the next day, we drove down to their other location and physically saw it, and we've been very pleased with it. All the reviews for Master Spas have been positive. And the one review that was bad is more about the dealer than the actual spa. We watched videos of the factory tours, and we're very impressed with what appears to be really high quality. We feel like if we were gonna put some money into one, we wanted one that's gonna last, and we think this is gonna be the one. We felt really good after we bought it. We went into this with a $5,000 budget, and our Twilight was eight. So, it was more than what we wanted to spend. But after having an experience with a spa of lesser quality in the past, my wife and I both knew and looking at this one and the features and the jets, it's an upgraded spa. It feels like it's more of a high-end.

Master Spas LLC response

That's great to hear, Peter! We really appreciate your kind feedback - and we're so thrilled to hear that you and your wife are enjoying your spa so much! Happy hot-tubbing!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

my husband and I purchased a hot tub from a show. We were told by someone claiming to be the owner of Master Spas how amazing the company was. How customer service was top notch. How they had a local warehouse in Beaverton OR etc. We did some research and didn’t find anything to be untrue. Now a year later spa is in place and a nightmare.

Just a month after owning it we started having problems. Electrical. Filtering. The cabinet. It’s all garbage. If my husband wasn’t handy the thing would be an expensive yard ornament. We have called customer service over and over. No return calls. If and when we talk to someone there’s no one local with the company to help us. We get referred out to other spa companies here. Of course that comes with a high price and horrible customer service. I wish we had never made this purchase and gone with the truly local honest retailer. BUYER BEWARE. I’m actually going to seek counsel on this due to $7k not being a small amount for a hunk of junk and no recourse to make it right if that’s even possible.

Master Spas LLC response

Hi Sarah. Thanks for reaching out. Our corporate Customer Service Supervisor is looking into this situation and should be reaching out to you sometime today. We appreciate the honest feedback!

Master Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this company is the world’s largest swim spa manufacturer and is among the largest portable spa and hot tub manufacturers. It offers a number of hot tub brands for sale across the United States.

• Energy efficient spas: Master Spas uses an Icynene foam insulation on its spas to increase their energy-efficiency.

• Noise reduction: The motor on Master Spas’ spas and hot tubs is designed to vibrate 150% less than industry standards, which makes them quieter and more peaceful.

• Water sanitizing system: Master Spas uses a unique system called Mast3rPur™ that uses three natural water sanitizers. These ingredients improve water clarity, softness and scent.

• Made in the United States: Master Spas manufactures all of its hot tubs and swim spas in the United States, which helps to ensure quality control.

• Model options: Master Spas manufactures several brands and models of hot tubs, portable spas and swim spas in various sizes and configurations to fit your needs. Its brands include Michael Phelps Legend Series, Twilight Series, Healthy Living Hot Tubs and Clarity Spas.

• Swim spa options: For those who want the option to use their hot tub to swim, Master Spas offers two lines of swim spas, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas and H2X Fitness Swim Spas. These offer a hot tub at one end and a current of water at the other, so it can be used for both purposes simultaneously.

• Best for: those who want luxury hot tubs or swim spas.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Master Spas LLC Company Information