2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.67/5

Jacuzzi has built hot tubs designed for rest and leisure since 1915. The company has more than 250 quality checks and inspection standards. Most dealers offer test soaks at their facilities for any Jacuzzi hot tub to help consumers determine which model is the best option for their lifestyle and needs.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Reviews

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

In July of 2015, I had a walk-in tub installed. When I recently had some problems with it I called the company for service only to discover that customer service is non-existent... They offered to send me some parts but as one might guess that would be useless since I (and most people with a walk-in tub) am disabled. I didn't expect them to do it on a warranty, I was willing to pay. Just wanted it fixed. A company that doesn't service its own products is useless and that's about all there is to say about Jacuzzi. I paid $11,000 for this tub. There has to be a better company out there. Find one!

Original review: July 3, 2017

Once again we can not use our spa. Ever since we purchased it 7/09/05 and I know that is almost 12 years ago, but, it is on our covered patio not out in the elements and we have taken the best care of it. Had a licensed electrician do the installation and changed filters. Made sure lines never got frozen. Cleaned and re-cleaned it several time a year. Emptied water. Re-cleaned. We have and this is probably an understatement although I have all the repair bills also, if you would like to see them. Had to put in 4 heaters a 2 circulation pumps countless times since we purchased this spa, at a cost each time of $300 to $500 for service, the parts and the repair cost. Now once again the unit will not even come on. It through s a breaker each time we try. I had an electrician come look at my breakers and was told it is not our breakers it is in the unit...

I can not afford a repair bill for someone to come again. Now we bought this spa for my husband who damaged a disc in the military and my brother who broke several discs in his back and myself who has arthritis in my spine. And have had more times we couldn't use it than times we could... I am very upset at this especially now my husband lost his job, and we have no way to afford to get this spa fixed once again. And have no idea what's wrong now. The pool store says it sounds like the heater once again. But it would cost to have someone come in to look at it and we just don't have the money anymore. I talk to all my friends who have other brands of spas and not one of them has had this kind or amount of problems with their spas. Who are over 10 years old also?

I know there is no warranty because that ran out before we even got the second repair and it didn't cover much anyway. But I hope you stand by your product and there is something you can do to help us. We purchased this spa at Gary Pools & Leisure. They have been kind enough through the years to give us information but not much more or names of repairmen who charged a fortune!! This product over the years has probably cost us well over another four grand in repairs and the purchase price is not even included in that... I am hoping Jacuzzi does the honorable thing and helps us. I truly love our spa and it had made a world of difference in my husband and brothers, and my backs when we can use it.... Thank you for your time... The spa is a: Jacuzzi J-325 (ZB) -40R Marine Spa-Autumn Red Serial # 100166889.

Original review: March 10, 2017

My older Espree model - purchased from Lowes, several years ago - started leaking a couple years ago. As it's a drop in corner unit in my 2nd-floor master bath - enclosed in a tiled frame, I have limited access to its plumbing. On the side that shares a wall with the bedroom's walk-in closet, I was able to find the first leak. The hoses to the leaking water jet were plumbed in a way that creates tension on the jet's housing. The housing is held securely to the tub's body with a lock nut. When the pressure from the pump added stress to the housing - it cracked. I inspected the other jets, and three others had the same cracked housings.

Having access to the first jet, I was able to replace the jet and it's housing, and re-plumb it to relieve the aforementioned stress the original was under. I've used a product, Plast-Aid, to seal the three cracked jet housings that I cannot replace without demolishing the tile work and the tub's framework. These seem to be holding water, as I can fill and drain the tub without it leaking.

But I now have another leak I can't account for. This leak only occurs when the pump is turned on, so I'm going to have to tear down the ceiling below tub to reveal the 3/4" 2nd floor's plywood, fill the tub, and start the pump to get an idea of the location of the leak. Then I'll drill a small hole in the plywood - clear of the plaster the tub was set in - and use an inspection camera to try to find specific cause of this latest leak. Depending on what I find - I'll either be able to correct the problem, or be left with a whirlpool tub that can only be used as a tub. I've read many similar accounts regarding the Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs. Too many.

By the way, the cracked jet housings on these tubs are such a frequent problem, that another product was introduced to address them. It's a fix that may work under the right conditions, and it can be made when there's little or no access to replace the leaking BMH jet. I cannot speak to whether Jacuzzi has modified their manufacturing process, to account for the inherent issues their plumbing caused with my model, but I wouldn't recommend purchasing a later model without doing your due diligence as a consumer. Fyi - I have no relationship with either of the two products mentioned in this review. I've added them in case another Jacuzzi owner is trying to fix a similar problem.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I purchased a $14000 hot tub. 5 months later the heater went in it. I had to call 5 times to the service and store before anyone called me back to offer to come fix it under warranty. Then they wanted a $50 service charge. 10 days later someone might be able to come if they have time. Worst customer service and product support I have ever received on anything I have purchased. Buy from a local dealer that has service technicians. Jacuzzi said they have one for southern Ontario. That's ridiculous. I would never recommend anyone buying from them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

We wanted Jacuzzi hot tub because the brand. We pay over $10,000.00 for model JLXL. Found a dealer but he was 20 miles away and now we need service after ONLY 1 year of owning the hot tub. Guess what. That dealer we purchase the tub is no longer a Jacuzzi dealer and every time we have a problem they recommend different companies. Great, we have warranty... but we have to pay for the LABOR and trips back and forth! Guess what, they are 1 hours away and we have to pay for the travel time and distance. Very disappointed with the Jacuzzi brand that we thought was an excellent choice. So far did broke 2 times. I spoke with a supervisor name Megan and ask her how come they broke so easy and so inconvenient for us to pay trip fees every time something happen and she didn't care. Not happy at all with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I purchased a new 2016 J-315 hot tub - it did not work correctly from the beginning! I was running it at 110 until the professional wiring could be done. After 5 days it was still not up to temperature. Several calls were made to customer service and I was told this was normal - it is NOT NORMAL. The control panel was difficult to use and often not responsive. When the professional wiring was completed for 220 pump starting spurt running and the GFI kept tripping. Service came 3 days later and decided the circulation pump was bad and factory wiring was incorrect. Two (2) days later email notified part ordered (pump I assume) which will arrive 7-10 days and sometime after that installed. If all goes well, I may have a functioning hot tub about a month after it was delivered. I use to think Jacuzzi was a quality product, but from what I can tell now the Quality Control is a department that has been closed.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

Don't buy a Jacuzzi brand hot tub. I bought mine in 2010 and it is only 6 years old but already I have replaced the motherboard twice, heat pump, circulation pump, thermostat, and had a leak in the drainage area. Not a good track record. I am writing to the President of Jacuzzi, for what it's worth. But take heed and don't do it. I'm sure there are other, more reliable spa brands out there.

Original review: June 8, 2016

When we paid six thousand dollars for a hot tub we expected more quality and better customer service from Jacuzzi than we would have gotten if we bought a cheap plug and play from the home depot. We bought the hot tub for our business ** and immediately started having problems with keeping the hot tub warm (in the summer). We couldn't figure out what the issue was. The hot tub would be set at 103 and the water would never get warm than 80 degrees. We ended up having to issue over $2,000 in refunds from guests who had booked specifically to use the HOT tub. We spent hours on the phone talking to Jacuzzi who denied having anything to do with the defect. A certified hot tub mechanic came out and saw that the problem was that the heat pump was wired BACKWARDS by the company!

This was six months later - Jacuzzi finally admitted to being at fault but refused to replace the hot tub or the heat pump that had been working overtime for the first six months. Finally they agreed to replace the heat pump but only if we would agree to VOID our warranty. (What warranty right... They obviously don't stand behind their product anyway). We waited patiently for the heat pump to arrive - 1 month - 2 months... We called and were told it was on the way. 3 months... 4 months... Still no heat pump. We called again and they claimed they had sent the heat pump and that they were "closing the ticket" as if everything had been resolved. WHAT??? We work in customer service and found the way were treated appalling. I can't believe they are still in business riding on their old reputation as being a company who stands behind their products. Shame. Whatever you do... don't buy a Jacuzzi hot tub.

Original review: March 10, 2016

Only had 40 gallon water. Was not told until after the fact a 50 gallon is best. Could only get water to lukewarm temperature. After 2 years finally put in a 50 water heater. Now water is hot. Sales people should make this clear up front and/or maybe you should sell water heaters. This cost me $1,000.00 to put in a new water heater. Thanks. Purchase made Jan. 2014.

Original review: March 8, 2016

Was very relaxing and comfortable. I would buy again. I had them to install it and they did a good job. Like a spa, a hot tub has built-in jets to provide warmth, relaxation. Was very good to use. A hot tub is a large tub or small pool full of heated water used for hydrotherapy, relaxation or pleasure. Some have powerful jets for massage purposes.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Company Information