Looking for a hot tub company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.19/5

Dimension One Spas Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I look forward to buying the Sarena Bay spa in the future as it’s state of the art and new. The problem I have is my 1993 Spa is still working! I live in Canada and bought it when I was in the Military and it has moved to 8 different locations in Canada and still works great. At 25 years I have of course changed out a few things over time; like 3 covers, 1 pump, air billows and a few jets but that is it. I am definitely extremely happy with my purchase long ago and all my friends and family can’t believe it is still running! WELL DONE D1.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I bought my Amore Bay spa used. It was a couple of years old when I got it and had it professionally moved to my house for $500.. I now have had it for three years and it is wonderful spa. I had to replace the motherboard and was easy repair for me. I keep the two filters clean (once a week remove and flush with sprayer hose). I don't like chemicals like chlorine or acid. I researched and found Clarity Waters (look them up in San Diego CA., (the owner will tell you all you need to know)!! Incredible find, make sure you research because I believe when use harsh chemicals it breaks down the components in the spa quicker. I use a potassium shock. I buy it on eBay, "In The Swim" SPP. It's the best price I found. Good luck and happy Spa-ing.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I bought my Wayfarer in 2008 and for five years at that house it ran 24/7, except of course when I drained it periodically per the maintenance schedule. The only problem I had in all that time was the connection inside the filter chamber to which the black filter lock thing attaches. It was quickly replaced under warranty and has not been a problem since. After five years there, we moved to a rental house in a better school district while we looked for a permanent home. We paid to have the hot tub moved and installed there, then six months later we moved to our new home where we again paid to have it moved. Through both moves it continued to operate normally.

After living here for 3 1/2 years we finally had our first problem. The hot tub would intermittently stop heating and display the '32' error message. As winter turned to spring, it was heating less and less and soon started turning the pump on and off over and over. We paid to have the thermostat replaced and the problem went away... for a little bit. Within two weeks it once again was struggling to heat. Summer was upon us by now so we decided to drain the hot tub and revisit it closer to fall.

This November brought a sudden temperature drop and we were missing our hot tub time. I called a hot tub shop and they told me the lower control pack had to be replaced. I ordered a new pack from Easy Spa Parts and the swap was no big deal. It took about 1.5 hours and I started filling the hot tub. Everything checked out and we're back in business!

One of the best things about this hot tub is that the shell does not stain very easily. Leaves, dirt, and so forth always manages to sneak under the cover. When we drain it for the summer it inevitably fills with dust, dirt, bugs, snails, and other... things. All I have to do is hose it out and scrub it down with a 3M sponge and it's back to new again.

The only real negative thing I'd say about the hot tub is really not D1's fault. This model came out right before the Virginia Graeme Baker Act, and as a result the Pentair-style suction drain covers could no longer be manufactured by law. Now three of the drain covers are partially broken and one is missing entirely. D1 did not manufacture a replacement for these covers and future models have a cover that is about 1/2" smaller. If you want to get those old ones covered back up you have to hope that someone in another country sells them or jury-rig the new models onto the old mounts.

My experience with this hot tub has been overwhelmingly positive. As long as you take care of it just a little bit it will still work and look like new for a long time. As I've found, replacing most parts is not too hard if you've got some handyman chops. Now that I've replaced the lower control pack and the headrests it not only works like new but looks great. Maybe not a literally brand new one, but for an almost 11-year-old hot tub it can't be beat. I'm sure it's going to keep working for another 11 years at least.

The best part of our D1 that the hot tub has become the place where we solve all the problems of the world. The heat, the relaxation, the sound of the bubbles, it all makes the gears turn. I can't imagine not having a hot tub in our backyard and I feel sorry for people with inferior ones. I see so many others with rotting hulks decaying in their backyard, all wishing they could be using it. I've never worried about that with our D1.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Well after phone calls and 4 months we still have not had a resolution in our hot tub being fixed. We found out that the Dimension One logo in our hot tub was installed wrong when we purchased the hot tub and for 10 years when we asked about why when we filled the hot tub it would drop down below the logo that it was normal. Find out that the water was seeping thru these holes and have completely rotted our hot tub away. Dimension One so far at customer service response is, "Sorry. Out of warranty. Not our problem." Now we have a non functioning hot tub and no one to repair as the repair guy won't come fix it!!! DO NOT BUY Dimension One. They don't stand behind their product and won't make it right with our hot tub!!!

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased the Dimension One Journey Spa in August 2016. I have followed the suggested maintenance program consistently. I have turn the spa off only when changing the water since I have owned it. Myself and my wife especially love to use the year round but in January I discovered a loss of water and a leak somewhere in the plumbing, I’ve had to add water every 3-4 days. I contacted the place I purchased the Spa and they referred me to a service company that has sent a repairman out twice to diagnose the problem. The last visit was 1 month ago. He said he had to order the parts and since then he no longer works for the repair company.

The parts were due in last week according to the repair company. I reached out again to see when they would be out and still no answer. I also tried to contact Dimension One via phone and internet and never got a response. I think that I made a huge mistake deciding on Dimension One. I should have gone with the Jacuzzi brand equivalent that I considered in the first place. If I don't hear from the repair company soon then I'm going to take legal action.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dimension One Spas?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We have the 2017 AURORA and we absolutely love it. It has tons of power and the lounger fits me perfectly. I like the fact that I do not have to fit to keep myself in the set. The headrest that moves up and down is great for our family. I would highly recommend a Dimension One Spa!

Original review: May 9, 2018

This is my second Dimension One hot tub in 18 years, it's always winterized and meticulously maintained. Had problems with leaks, motherboard and finally heater all last summer. Ordered and paid for a new one last August, apparently my hot tub needs a Fast Flo heater and none were in stock. I waited, was constantly told, "Any day now." Finally had the hot tub winterized in November. I started calling in March again and was told still on back order-it's now mid May. Called the manufacturer, left messages-NO RESPONSE. Jacuzzi apparently owns Dimension One-called there, NO RESPONSE. I just don't understand how this heater isn't yet in stock-is there only one manufacturer in the ENTIRE world that makes this heater? Never again!

Gabrielle,

Thank you for being a Dimension One Spa owner and we are very sorry about this Fast Flo Heater situation. As you know this is a unique and patented heater for our product. We have switched manufacturers of this unit last year and thought we would have this unit by now for any customer. Our latest updates stated that we should have it available by the end of May. Please call you local D1 Dealer or EZ Spa Parts online to check the status of ordering the replacement heater for your spa.

Original review: April 10, 2018

After 18 months we are on our 2nd hot tub and having same issue... Now this one had issue 8 weeks ago, service company took 3 week to come repair... Worked okay for couple weeks. Now same problem... It’s 3 weeks today and still no service person has come out. Reported this company to the BBB and have hired an attorney for full refund.

Dimension One Spas response

Regina - I am glad that everything has now been solved for you. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: June 8, 2017

We purchased this spa in 2012 and have been pleased with the unit. Recently however, three of the twelve led lens covers have eroded in the water and have broken off. The dealer I purchased the spa from informed me this could be a potential electric hazard and also possibly damage the tub. I was told today that the cost to repair the unit could easily approximate $1,000 as the tub would have to be disconnected by an electrician and the tub physically moved in order to allow repair. I am amazed that a water soluble product would be used in a spa. Has this happened to anyone else?

Dimension One Spas response
William - Sorry for your trouble with your D1 Spa. We can help you on the LED Light issue, but I have some questions about you water. Please contact me when you can.
Robert @ D1

810-523-5481

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Waiting three years on a fix on a hot tub that is just over three years old and still under warranty. Same issue from about three months into our purchase. They keep "fixing" things but the problem remains, and it takes weeks or months to get anyone to show up to do the repair. I HATE this hot tub. Can't remember the last time I was able to use it. Called the main company number and they hung up on me when I mentioned a problem. My husband is a vet and he was proud to buy American made and from a vet owned company. They are a disgrace. Purchased (paid cash) from Modern Gas in Albany, Ga.

Van -

We have done everything beyond the warranty on this spa for you. I personally have been to your home on three appointments to make sure that your spa was working properly. As you know on the last visit we found that there was NO AIR movement around you spa which was causing it to overheat quickly and this is what burned out the pumps. This was not a warranty claim, but we replaced and installed new motors at NO COST to you to make this right. We have tried everything to make you happy.

Dimension One Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company was founded in La Mesa, California, in 1977. The company is now located in Carlsbad, California, and sells hot tubs and swim spas through its network of independent retailers in the United States and around the world.

• Financing: Consumers can finance their hot tub or swim spa purchases through Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions Visa Credit Card.

• Find a Dealer: Dimension One sells through local independent spa dealers which can be located using the online Find a Dealer tool.

• Online resources: Dimension One has an online portal for resources such as owner's manuals and tools for locating supplies, parts and service dealers.

• Free quote: Consumers can fill out a web form to receive a free, no-obligation quote for a swim spa or hot tub based on their own specifications.

• Online gallery: Before going into a dealer, consumers can view high-quality photos of hot tub and swim spa installations for creative ideas and inspiration.

• Best for: consumers and families who want a relaxation spa or an exercise spa.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Dimension One Spas Company Information