2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.84/5

IRobot is a technology company that specializes in autonomous robots that clean inside and outside the home. Designed with ease and performance in mind, their products include four Roomba vacuum models, two Braava mops and the Mirra pool cleaner.

Unsubscribe at any time.

iRobot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iRobot?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about iRobot?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I am now on my 5th defective Roomba, S7 and S9+. I had a working S9+ for 2 months before it broke and after troubleshooting over the phone 3 different times was told the 5th one needed replacing. I was told that a new unit was sent out 2nd day air on 7-20-20 but after it not arriving I contacted customer service and was told it was probably delayed due to Covid. I tracked the 2nd day order with UPS and called them and was told to get with the shipper (IRobot) and they would need to file a claim because it was lost.

I called customer service telling them what UPS told me but now after 4 follow up calls and a customer service email and a follow up formal complaint I still don't have a replacement unit. The replacement unit ship date was 7-20-20, now almost 6 weeks and still no unit, no call back, no replies from IRobot and it has now been over 4 months since I had a working Roomba that I paid $ for $1249.00 for!

Resolution response: Aug. 9, 2020

Customer service contacted me and has resolve the issue. I am happy they went out of their ways to fix the matter.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

WARNING! Do NOT buy the Braava Jet M6 or Roomba S9! I've been an iRobot customer for the longest time and usually get the latest and greatest that they offer but after dealing with their customer service, I can NOT recommend their products. I purchased the Braava Jet M6 when it first came out last year, it worked fine until now (one wheel does not work). I called customer service and after going through troubleshooting, they said the only option was to replace the unit...but because the warranty expired last month, they can't do much to help me.

I told them purchasing a new unit was not an option, especially for one that is only a little over a year old. I asked if they can repair it for a fee, they said NO, they do NOT do repairs for the Braava Jet M6 or Roomba S9 (which I also own). So I ask can I just replace the unit for a discount (since I already have the docking station), once again they said NO, and that they only offer replacements if it's under warranty. I told them this is not a cheap product and they can't expect us to buy a new unit every time it breaks, especially only after a year (and one month) of usage, it is not good business practice.

I asked them again...as a loyal customer of their brand, is there anything they can do to help me. The representative told me to wait a brief moment to see what they can do. I kid you not, they come back and said the only discount they can offer is Free Shipping that their current online store offers. WOW! Worst customer service I've ever dealt with! Now I'm worry to use my S9 because that's no longer under warranty and I paid over a grand for that. They offer great products when it works but because of their terrible customer service, I will no longer purchase their products.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Loved my top of the line Roomba until it fell down 19 stairs. Since then Roomba is running slowly and I wanted to have it serviced for the accident. Buyer beware, you can't get your Roomba serviced in Canada. Customer care suggested we purchase another....Not a satisfactory suggestion for us.

Original review: July 19, 2020

We bought my first iRobot 677 Vacuum in 2018 and this year (2020) a second iRobot i5. The 677 is now upstairs, it’s hard for me to carry stuff upstairs. The i5 start having problems and I call them and they ask me to take a video. After they review the video, they send me 2 new brushes, but the problem was still there. I call them (toll free number) and they send me a new brush holder unit will arrive tomorrow (2 days shipping). They (iRobot service people) were so helpful and We love our iRobot.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Details: Purchased online directly from iRobot, total $734.74 12/17/19. I began experiencing problems with the auto-clean system almost immediately (January 2020). Contacted Customer Care in January via phone and was advised to clean the unit. Contacted and opened incident # ** February 21. Spent almost 2 hours cumulatively trying to troubleshoot the problem. This included sending my multiple pictures to the troubleshooting agent. Was repeatedly told (courteously) that the problem was my lack of cleaning and maintenance. My problems continued, I contacted again 3/2, 3/6, 3/11, 3/15, 3/17, 3/23, 3/24 (requested replacement), 3/27 (demanded replacement), 3/30, 4/22. iRobot finally concluded that the problem was a defective auto-clean base unit (not my lack of maintenance). However, they could not replace it because it was on back-order. I was sent a base charging unit until auto-clean unit available again. Replacement on back-order indefinitely.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I ordered replacement filters for my iRobot in May 2020 and have yet to receive them. I have called customer service twice over the last two weeks and they say they "are looking into it". Meanwhile, they will not refund my money or send me my filters. I understand that things can get lost in the mail, but other businesses I have purchased items from have always either re-sent the items or issued a refund. In my opinion this is very poor customer service.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I bought an iRobot 9s+ with cleaning base. However, when shipment came in, the clean base was missing. It’s been 5 months now and they still haven’t sort this out. This is the respond I got "This is anticipated to be back in stock within 4-8 weeks. The code will discount $100 from the base itself, thus rendering $250.00 in total credits between the credit back and the coupon for use with the Clean Base." However, that was back in March. They have stopped responding to me.

Original review: June 12, 2020

The roomba vacuums are great, but customer service is horrible. June 1st I ordered a battery, mine broke after a couple of years of use, it was back ordered so I waited. I called 4 weeks later to check on the status and was told it would ship today. I then get an email saying the order was canceled the same day I called for a status update. Confused I called back, they said they'd let me know when it was back in stock, and give me a discount. OK. Reasonable. I place my order and then find out it is being shipped to a town I have never heard of, in a state that is not mine. I did not type this in. How could I? I have never heard of it before the status update email. I reached out to iRobot and was told that I am out of luck and heavily implied that they did not believe my "story" (customer sales rep words). They suggested I call the local post office in that town/state. I called that post office and they said they returned the item to sender (iRobot).

I am now out $100 and have nothing to show for it and customer service is done helping me. I will be buying aftermarket from now on for replacement parts. Not worth the hassle and rudeness of the customer service. I never yelled, cursed, accused or anything, just tried to find solutions. I work with customer service at my job, I deal with back orders all the time, as well as wrong shipment details. I have never had the trouble I am having with iRobot.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Canadian buyers beware. No service maintenance for Roombas in Canada. I bought my Roomba 960 in Dec 2018 and it worked great until January 2020 (13 months - one month after warranty expired!!!). When I noticed it was not returning to its base for recharging.. So I simply assumed it was just running out of juice before it could make its way back..so I put in back on its home base and it recharged. I tried all the online fixes and nothing worked. In March Of 2020 it was having problems finding the docking station which was why its battery was dying. When I finally called Roomba’s service helpline they say the sensor needs replacement but that there is no Roomba service in Canada and no refurbished replacements. And nothing they could do for me. So I’m out of luck they said - after spending 1000. What terrible customer service. SAVE YOUR MONEY. - BUY CANADIAN.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I was super excited to receive the Roomba I755 as a gift. My husband paid $800 for this piece of junk. It was easy to get set up and get going. The problem is, it picks up dirt and redeposits. Basically, I have to get out my Shark after to clean up behind it. I called customer service and they did a video call, which I thought was a great way to evaluate. It didn’t even pick up the cereal I had thrown out for the demo. The agent said there is clearly an issue and they were going to send out a new cleaning head. I waited for a few weeks and nothing. I called back again and they said it never shipped and they sent a new one. We replaced it and same thing. I called back several times after and they kept telling me this needed to be escalated and they would call back. Crickets. I called back one more time and now they tell me it’s no longer eligible for refund because it’s been too long. Terrible!!! Buy a Shark!

iRobot author review by ConsumerAffairs

iRobot is an American robotics manufacturer founded in 1990. The Roomba is one of several autonomous cleaners made by the company.

• Advanced technology: iRobot continues to improve its Roomba vacuums to clean more effectively.

• Convenient cleaning: The Roomba is an autonomous vacuum robot that docks and recharges itself between cleanings.

• Prevents jams: Brushless extractors help prevent tangles that can jam most vacuum cleaners.

• Responsive navigation: The Roomba responsive navigation technology helps it clean houses of all sizes and shapes.

• Scheduled cleaning: Owners can program the iRobot Roomba to clean their homes on a preset schedule.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team