3.9/5 (257 ratings)

About iRobot

IRobot is a technology company that specializes in autonomous robots that clean inside and outside the home. Designed with ease and performance in mind, their products include four Roomba vacuum models, two Braava mops and the Mirra pool cleaner.

iRobot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iRobot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about iRobot?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Best vacuum we have ever bought. Has made our 10 year carpet softer than it was new! Self empties, maps out our floor plan and does a very good job. A little speedy but worth every cent. No more Backaches. Our car watches as it vacuum the entire house Tile & Carpet.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

This was my first robovac purchase. I really like the way it cleans up. We had construction and this vacuum is a tank. Easy to use and easy to empty. I like the handheld control to start and schedule cleaning. You can send it back to the charger at any time while it is cleaning.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Awesome, gets the job done and works like a human being. Also just plug in and your floors will be looking like brand new.. I give it 5 thumbs up. Will definitely make a wonder Christmas gift for a loved one.

Original review: July 31, 2021

This new iRobot is an asset to our household! Its ability to map the entire house is a definite step up when compared to our previous robotic vacuum cleaner. The "back and forth" linear movement versus the prior "bump around" movement of our previous iRobot is truly much better! I no longer have missed spots, and it cleans along the baseboards fabulously! I really love that it drives itself to the base station when it needs recharging, and if the job isn't complete, it goes back to the last location and completes the job! The automatic emptying of the dirt bin into the tower saves me from having to clean it out after every use! KUDOS to iRobot for a wonderful investment!

Original review: July 30, 2021

Purchased the i7+ and have been extremely happy with it. I like the extra power it has when picking up debris. The app is very useful and use it often to map what I want vacuumed. I would recommend this model!

Original review: June 8, 2022

Roomba malfunctioned a few seconds after leaving the base because it encountered a chair. I can’t remove all furniture from the house each time I need it to vacuum. I have been on hold with “customer care” with some extremely obnoxious repeat tones for 20 min. Obviously there isn’t going to be great service. Very dissatisfied!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I returned the items on time in December. For some reason, I was refunded only half of the cost after almost three weeks of waiting. Today is almost the end of March and I have not been returned the rest. Almost every week I get a standard response from them: "An unexpected system error was encountered. We have escalated the system issues to our Technical Management support team to process a credit for the order number ** on your behalf". I have never encountered such terrible customer service in my life. They should to rename their department to customerUNcare. It feels like iRobot.com is a scam website. Unfortunately, I will not use products from iRobot because of this attitude to customers, and I do not advise others.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I regret spending my >$1k hard-earned money on Roomba iRobot s9. The company is hyped, but the products are subpar. Regretfully, no-name Chinese robots for $100 from Alibaba are better products. Robot vacuums suppose to save time, but iRobots don't. Roomba just doesn't have the expertise in AI. They fake AI with some mid-20th-century workarounds, but this is not the same. Hence Roomba robots are dysfunctional, and you will spend your life supervising these vacuums like a bunch of misbehaving toddlers. Get a cheap robot vacuum on Amazon and spend the saved 90% of your money to enjoy life. Thank me later.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Where do we start! Basically there isn’t any, every time I have called in you can tell it is scripted, (we will get in touch within 24 to 48 hours.) we bought the 4yr extended warranty but didn’t actually get it but we got confirmation e-mail but were never charged so wife bought the 2 year on the app by accident, so we have been asking to cancel it and buy the 4yr, now check it out we want to spend more money but they won’t refund the other which they say has been approved, they just keep saying THEY (who the hell is THEY) can’t get that answer either, so anyway I call every Saturday or Sunday at opening time otherwise you can’t get through,

It has been five weeks so I have 5 names that have all failed to get my return taken care of so I can spend more which now I doubt I will, why would I after I have seen first hand that there is no real customer service, imagine if I actually had a problem with my robot. I bought the S9+ I do like the robot it does a good job and am happy with it however if you need customer service help forget it. They could learn a lot from that company with a Apple logo don’t want to use their real name LOL.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I bought a robot from iRobot directly on October 21, 2021 and decided to return it without opening it. I called their customer care. It took several calls just to have them send me a return label. After I finally got it returned to them, it took several calls for them to say that they would send me a refund even after they admitted that they received the product back. It is three months later and I'm still waiting. They said they gave me a refund but my credit card was never credited. They have since closed my case. I'm having to reopen a case with them. I've almost given up hope of getting my money back. NEVER buy directly from them. You will be out a good deal of money with nothing to show for it if you need to return an item.

iRobot author review by Sandy Baker

iRobot is an American robotics manufacturer founded in 1990. The Roomba is one of several autonomous cleaners made by the company.

• Advanced technology: iRobot continues to improve its Roomba vacuums to clean more effectively.

• Convenient cleaning: The Roomba is an autonomous vacuum robot that docks and recharges itself between cleanings.

• Prevents jams: Brushless extractors help prevent tangles that can jam most vacuum cleaners.

• Responsive navigation: The Roomba responsive navigation technology helps it clean houses of all sizes and shapes.

• Scheduled cleaning: Owners can program the iRobot Roomba to clean their homes on a preset schedule.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

iRobot Company Information