2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.84/5

IRobot is a technology company that specializes in autonomous robots that clean inside and outside the home. Designed with ease and performance in mind, their products include four Roomba vacuum models, two Braava mops and the Mirra pool cleaner.

iRobot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iRobot?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about iRobot?

Original review: May 11, 2020

I purchased an iRobot S9 and the irobot Braava jet M6 bundle online at irobot.com On 4/28/2020. After I paid using my credit card I was then informed, due to corona virus this will be back ordered. This was not a problem for me but now the fun begins! On Friday May 1st my husband gets temp laid off and his place of business closes due to corona virus. I called irobot Monday May 4th to inform them to cancel order since the items haven’t even been made yet, and credit card is holding money aside but hasn’t been paid. I was told a shipping label was made so I could not cancel. I was annoyed but accepted what the woman said from the call.

4 days later I get an email asking me to answer a survey and informing me that my items should arrive in around 15 days! Well, I call irobot back AGAIN, wait 45 min for a human and proceed to beg almost to please cancel this order since it is not made, hasn’t been shipped, credit card has not been charged yet! I was argued with and talked over, rudely repeated at me that a shipping label was already made! I asked for a supervisor/manager and her name and was hung up on!

So now it is May 11th, 2020 and my credit card has not been billed, but money is held aside for irobot, I have no products and I am not allowed to cancel order because a shipping label was made!! Beware!! Even during such a time of Corona virus, lay offs, hardship, stress and anxiety, irobot/Roomba will NOT allow you to cancel an order for ANY reason even if it still hasn’t shipped now for 13 days Or been paid because after all, they made a shipping label!! So now I have to pay the $20.00 ship charge and another $20.00. I’m sure to send it RIGHT BACK again!

Original review: April 27, 2020

This product is the worst of that family. I am not a person to write review for every product I buy. But iRobot Roomba s9+ is giving trouble each and every day after couple of months. I will never recommend this product to anyone. Waste of money and time. When you call customer service, they refuse to refund, only replace of this incompetent item. Hope someone help to fix it asap.

Original review: March 27, 2020

My husband bought me the IRobot Roomba 800 two Christmas’s ago. 11 months after purchase a “wheel housing” was causing constant errors and interfering with the scheduled daily activity. I contacted customer service and literally within 6 minutes was told, “No problem!” The product was still in warranty and they’d have a new one out to me and an email with a pdf to guide me through the wheel housing replacement. It took them 6 minutes for me to connect with a rep, explain the issue and be hanging up the phone confident that the replacement product would arrive at my house in short order. I LOVE my roomba & the customer service experience was so amazing. We ordered 3 roombas this past Christmas to give as gifts to family members. I cannot express how pleased I was and still am with the service and the products!

Original review: March 16, 2020

So this is the second Roomba for me as roomba replaced the first due to software glitch and poor performance. Why does it seem that it works perfectly for the first 6 mos and then after it’s non stop playing with it?? It’s getting stuck in places that I have already set for it not to go to. It doesn’t dock itself right to charge and it’s missing areas that it used to get before. I really am disappointed with the roomba product. I should have looked into other machines prior to dropping over $1100 in this thing. I would NOT recommend or buy this again.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I first used my new S9 on 12/28/19. On 02/28/20, exactly two months of use, I got an error message asking me to clear Roomba's debris extractors. I keep the unit clean as a whistle but did everything I knew to clean it more. Nothing helped. I chatted with the customer service rep and she instructed me to take the small gray caps off the ends of the extractor/rollers. I did and there was a tiny bit of debris on the inside, which I cleaned. It still would not work. She offered to send a new set of rollers, for which I am grateful. However, they are $45 per set when I have to replace them the next time. If they only last two months, that will be an average cost of $22.50 per month to replace rollers and on top of the $1000 we spent on the unit, I find this most unacceptable.

I saw nothing in any of their marketing pieces to indicate that rollers would have to be regularly replaced. When I pointed this out to the rep, she had the audacity to tell me that I probably had not been maintaining the unit appropriately and directed me to a a site that would teach me how. Make your own choice about whether to buy this unit or not. But if I had it do do over again, I would not make this costly purchase. Not a good value for the money I spent. The concept is a great one and sooner or later, someone will get it right. But at this point, it hasn't been iRobot.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

We have looked at these for a while and asked all the questions. We dropped the hint and got the Roomba 980 for Christmas. Well... it cleans some rooms really well. So far it has never found the master bedroom on the same floor on the same level. When we get home, we have to go look for it as it is usually dead somewhere. Our home is only 1500 Sq ft on the one floor and it does not last long enough to clean it. What happened to "it will run until the battery is low and then find its way back to the base to recharge". They also said it would return to base to recharge and then finish cleaning on it own. Well ours does not do that. We were also told you can use the app to mop and clean the rooms. No. It only tells you where the unit has been. Only the $1400 i7 unit will allow you to tell what rooms to clean. We asked if we could return it to upgrade to the unit that does what we were told initially.

Again the answer was no. "You can sell it in the paper and then buy the new one." Hmmm. Also it is also fairly noisy, as loud as the old upright and much louder than a built in. It is much too loud to run with the tv on or in the evenings. I guess it is the salesman's job to push products, but this is a real big disappointment. For $800+ dollars I expected much more. We are trying to sell it now and don't think we will replace it with another disappointing model. The concept is great and it does clean some area well, but not the house.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

It's taken 3 days to go thru the returns process to get our Roomba replaced due to a recurring error 15 message that prevents the device from working, then they tell me to expect my replacement device in 10 business days. What a rip off. Wouldn't recommend the Roomba to anyone. David.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I have had this for 30 days and it is getting worse every day. Now it runs for about 5 minutes then returns home. It runs a routine about 3 times and starts flashing. It is fully charged, its bin is clean, it is just not doing the job anymore. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

When you call them for a we phone the only talk to one person. No escalation. No manager. And they have no clue of when they give you a refund. You have to wait up to 30 days. What a joke. You would think they would do better than this. I will not buy another product from them because of it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

BUYER BEWARE. S9 flagship breaks after 6 months. They sent 3 replacements. All malfunctioned out of the box. MY SAME ISSUE ALL OVER AMAZON REVIEWS BBB AND CONSUMER REPORTS. Mine has red ring of death. Multiple errors on each new/refurbished replacement. Not to mention overpriced wearable items. Was a huge fan for the convenience. Now it's an overpriced inconvenience. Just vacuum yourself or hire a maid monthly. It's cheaper or comparable in price.

Customer service will leave you behind 1500 for a brick. Still in warranty. Replacement all malfunction on or shortly after arrival. Basically told me to deal with it. Grabbed my cash and ran. I'm all for paying for innovation and convenience. I love supporting a good business. They are all sunshine and rainbows until you have an issue with their product. These guys are a serious let down. Look at their stock. It reflects their dropping of ball.

iRobot Company Information