2.9/5 (90 ratings)

About iRobot

IRobot is a technology company that specializes in autonomous robots that clean inside and outside the home. Designed with ease and performance in mind, their products include four Roomba vacuum models, two Braava mops and the Mirra pool cleaner.

iRobot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iRobot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about iRobot?

Original review: June 8, 2022

Roomba malfunctioned a few seconds after leaving the base because it encountered a chair. I can’t remove all furniture from the house each time I need it to vacuum. I have been on hold with “customer care” with some extremely obnoxious repeat tones for 20 min. Obviously there isn’t going to be great service. Very dissatisfied!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I returned the items on time in December. For some reason, I was refunded only half of the cost after almost three weeks of waiting. Today is almost the end of March and I have not been returned the rest. Almost every week I get a standard response from them: "An unexpected system error was encountered. We have escalated the system issues to our Technical Management support team to process a credit for the order number ** on your behalf". I have never encountered such terrible customer service in my life. They should to rename their department to customerUNcare. It feels like iRobot.com is a scam website. Unfortunately, I will not use products from iRobot because of this attitude to customers, and I do not advise others.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I regret spending my >$1k hard-earned money on Roomba iRobot s9. The company is hyped, but the products are subpar. Regretfully, no-name Chinese robots for $100 from Alibaba are better products. Robot vacuums suppose to save time, but iRobots don't. Roomba just doesn't have the expertise in AI. They fake AI with some mid-20th-century workarounds, but this is not the same. Hence Roomba robots are dysfunctional, and you will spend your life supervising these vacuums like a bunch of misbehaving toddlers. Get a cheap robot vacuum on Amazon and spend the saved 90% of your money to enjoy life. Thank me later.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Where do we start! Basically there isn’t any, every time I have called in you can tell it is scripted, (we will get in touch within 24 to 48 hours.) we bought the 4yr extended warranty but didn’t actually get it but we got confirmation e-mail but were never charged so wife bought the 2 year on the app by accident, so we have been asking to cancel it and buy the 4yr, now check it out we want to spend more money but they won’t refund the other which they say has been approved, they just keep saying THEY (who the hell is THEY) can’t get that answer either, so anyway I call every Saturday or Sunday at opening time otherwise you can’t get through,

It has been five weeks so I have 5 names that have all failed to get my return taken care of so I can spend more which now I doubt I will, why would I after I have seen first hand that there is no real customer service, imagine if I actually had a problem with my robot. I bought the S9+ I do like the robot it does a good job and am happy with it however if you need customer service help forget it. They could learn a lot from that company with a Apple logo don’t want to use their real name LOL.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I bought a robot from iRobot directly on October 21, 2021 and decided to return it without opening it. I called their customer care. It took several calls just to have them send me a return label. After I finally got it returned to them, it took several calls for them to say that they would send me a refund even after they admitted that they received the product back. It is three months later and I'm still waiting. They said they gave me a refund but my credit card was never credited. They have since closed my case. I'm having to reopen a case with them. I've almost given up hope of getting my money back. NEVER buy directly from them. You will be out a good deal of money with nothing to show for it if you need to return an item.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Bought a J7 and handheld vac combo from the website. Have been trying to do a return for nearly 3 weeks. Initially they would email back asking for the same info over and over regarding order date, which warehouse it shipped from etc. After sending multiple times someone responded saying that someone from returns would be In touch. I haven’t heard from anyone in returns and subsequent emails are ignored. Waiting hours on the phone and every-time you get to an under 15 mins to speak to an agent prompt it starts increasing again to under 25, 30 mins etc. just a nonsensical loop. AVOID BUYING FROM THEM!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Hello. I bought iRobot 7 series on November 24, and 1 week later I like to return. Even I did not open the box because of some other reasons. Then, from that time nearly more than one month I reached out them many times and waited each time 1 hour on the line for my return label and still you did not send. I am going to be crazy and last time you said it will be ready in 3 hours but still not. I have a business, I am great consumer but I have never had this kind of worst experience in my life. Really I wonder how you cannot send just one label more than 1 month, what is the reason how you can run customer service, OMG it is unbelievable. I am going to share my experience and sue you in small court because this cannot be human rights. This is not fair. I am going to pay interest because of them. So even for return label I was waiting more than 1 month so how I can get my money back? Please urgently send my return label.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

This company cons people into signing up for their membership, with no option of procuring the device at the end of contract. This is a horrible way to do business, a horrible representation of customer service, and is a pure evil to force consumers to pay 1000 dollars for their crappy service, and if you would like to keep the device, you must pay another 1000 dollars. All around horrible company after really thinking about the process. The only way to fix this, is offer the ability for customers to procure the device after years of use.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Worst company ever. I ordered a irobot 3t and it did not work. I returned and they received it back on September 7, 2021. Tracking number UPS **. They did not give me a refund. They have the the irobot and my money. It was $529.99. It is now October 27, 2021 and have not received my money back. It has been almost 2 months. I think I will sue them. Customer service is basically non existent. Can you help me get my money back?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

Buyer beware buying direct. We purchased this vacuum. It is only adequate coming from the Shark robot vacuum. When contacting Roomba after sales they are completely non-existent and do not stand behind their product. We have opened 10 return cases over the last month and they do not reply and do not send a return label. No their "hassle free" trial is false advertising. If you going to try the robot at least buy it from a Best Buy etc. so you can return it without issue. We have dogs and while it does a great job cleaning hardwood, it does a terrible job on the carpet rugs so we need to go over that using a traditional vacuum.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I took advantage of the iRobot trade-in program to return our model 600 for a $50 credit towards a new one - or so the company claimed. I sent in our old one in the packaging they sent. They received it on October 7th, 2021 and now 16 days later they have still not issued a voucher for the purchase of the new machine. I tried their customer service department (subcontracted somewhere in the Philippines) and they are totally useless! I even emailed the President of the company and so far not even a courtesy response. I'm fed up with them. Recommend people avoid purchasing their products!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This is my first and last time buying one of these things, I've had it about 7 months. Only used it 4 times and this is my 2nd call to tech. and the time to speak with someone is nothing less than 1 hr.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I have purchased and utilized Roomba products for the past decade and have been pleased with their products. So purchasing the i7, despite the outrageous price, seemed like it would be worth it in the long run. Boy was I wrong. The simple and easy to use buttons and indicators have been replaced by some kind of flashing light morse code. I have no idea if it registers button presses and many times it just does nothing at all. I do not know if this is software failure or the touchpad hardware failure that is responsible for this. I just come back later and hope it works then. It navigates terribly. Many times it gets itself stuck on things it should not (like the lip of a rug). Or it cannot find the way back to the charger and dies under a bed I then have to squeeze myself under to extract.

Lastly, it will not last. As soon as I opened it up and saw the flimsy plastic swing clip that holds the brushes in I knew despite how gentle I was something would eventually break it accidentally or just from wear (because who the heck chooses thin plastic for a pivot pressure point???). Well that day has come and now the brushes do not stay in the housing and the robot is useless until I find a costly repair for this already costly piece of equipment. Save money, stick with a 900 series. Those were the last of the greats it seems. I run them side by side and in terms of performance, I cannot tell you which cleaned what room. Maybe on some microscopic level there is a difference but if iRobot contacted me to fix the i7 or replace with a 960. I would take the 960.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Product last for the first six month warranty period then goes to heck in a hand basket real quick. Then you get no support. Robot is not as smart as they claim. It gets really stupid really quick. Forgets programs. Forgets how to go to home base and leave home base. Forgets mapping details. No support. No money back. Just a waste of $900. Don’t buy. Don’t be fooled. You're better off to hire an illegal alien to clean your house. Better job and much smarter.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Best vacuum we have ever bought. Has made our 10 year carpet softer than it was new! Self empties, maps out our floor plan and does a very good job. A little speedy but worth every cent. No more Backaches. Our car watches as it vacuum the entire house Tile & Carpet.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

This was my first robovac purchase. I really like the way it cleans up. We had construction and this vacuum is a tank. Easy to use and easy to empty. I like the handheld control to start and schedule cleaning. You can send it back to the charger at any time while it is cleaning.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Great machine, programmed to clean well every day while I'm at work. When I get back home I see lines on my rugs and it looks really clean from all my dog's hair. Customer service are very helpful if needed.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Awesome, gets the job done and works like a human being. Also just plug in and your floors will be looking like brand new.. I give it 5 thumbs up. Will definitely make a wonder Christmas gift for a loved one.

Original review: July 31, 2021

This new iRobot is an asset to our household! Its ability to map the entire house is a definite step up when compared to our previous robotic vacuum cleaner. The "back and forth" linear movement versus the prior "bump around" movement of our previous iRobot is truly much better! I no longer have missed spots, and it cleans along the baseboards fabulously! I really love that it drives itself to the base station when it needs recharging, and if the job isn't complete, it goes back to the last location and completes the job! The automatic emptying of the dirt bin into the tower saves me from having to clean it out after every use! KUDOS to iRobot for a wonderful investment!

Original review: July 30, 2021

Purchased the i7+ and have been extremely happy with it. I like the extra power it has when picking up debris. The app is very useful and use it often to map what I want vacuumed. I would recommend this model!

Original review: June 22, 2021

I have had my Roomba now for over 5 years and discovered it works just as good as the first day I used it. We moved into a new house about 8 months ago and totally forgot to set up my old Roomba. Yesterday I was vacuuming with my Dyson and realized I should find my old Roomba and plug it in to see how good a job it does and lo and behold it does a better job than me vacuuming by hand with my Dyson cordless. Still super impressed with this old maid Roomba. She still works like a charm (:.

Original review: June 20, 2021

I own 4 vacuuming robots and a mopping robot along with the many accessories they offer. Summary of my review: Garbage products, cheaply constructed sensors, incompetent customer service. If you want aggravation purchase an iRobot. The latest robot I purchased directly from iRobot website. It came without the sensors required to block access to a certain area and it looks like it was an older model they were still pushing. It worked fine for about a month and then one of the wheels stopped working. After many emails and hours on the phone with their “support” I had to be sent another wheel assembly I have to install. Fine.

I inquired about the missing sensor and they said the robot I purchased does not come with one even though I paid more for it directly from iRobot. They cannot match the ones I purchased from Costco. Now 4 month later 2 of the sensors I purchased ($99 each) stopped working. The support team is totally incompetent and they make it very difficult to get help. The app is also useless in my opinion since they have a record of everything I purchased. Why do I have to open up the unit to read you the serial number if you already have the record of what I purchased and when?

The “support” team is in the Philippines or some other place in Asia and they don’t really understand you very well. Overall after many years of supporting this company I am done. I don’t have anymore time to give to them. They launch products which get tested on the customers. So now my robot has a busted wheel, two of the sensors don’t work again, and I have no more time left to deal with “support”. Good bye iRobot.

Original review: April 18, 2021

After much research and product reviews rating the S9+ very favorable, I decided to spend the higher price point for a iRobot. OMG WAS I WRONG!!! Purchased the s9+ in Feb 2021 and "Florida - aka s9+" worked great for only two months!! Afterwards would receive app messages stating error 31, unable to connect to the cloud or unable to start. Finally talking to iRobot technical support, they inform me "Florida" has board issues and they will send me a replacement.

Really....a brand new top of line iRobot works for 2 months and breaks down!!! While iRobot support was willing to "replace" ...my luck it will be a refurbished piece of junk that works for only 2 months. I bought my mother the inexpensive iRobot 675 ($199) several years ago and Mr. Belvedere is still going strong with no issues. Save your money and avoid the s9+!!

Original review: April 11, 2021

I was bought this device since Sep 2020 and when I bought it from them as any device from any store in USA there is will be return policy for whole year and I can return it. But from this website if you bought and its the official site for this unhelp protect it told you you can return it for whole year but after you bought the device and spend a lot of money they trick you. And when you called leas this time it tell you oh sorry you Can't return it because in this policy you will need to return it before 2 months ONLY!!! Otherwise your money will be GONE??? It's fake company. Want just to sell this device for you and NO money back.

Original review: March 19, 2021

It was terrific at first. We have dogs. It picked up the dog hair quite well. I realized I needed to take the Roomba apart after every use to get the dog hair out of all the different parts. I was ok with that. But, it gets stuck ALL the time. And, now after 6 months it has error code after error code. The most recent is Error 14. I've never had such an expensive product be SO unreliable.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Bought in December 2019. When it works I love it! In the first year had to replace the motor under warranty. Spent 80.00 on filters and rollers, Etc and now it just gives error messages and won’t work. Company suggests nothing they can do and I should buy another. Pretty expensive to spend over 600.00 every 15 months for a product. There are better products out there!

Original review: March 7, 2021

I purchased 2 "brand new" robots from the retail store called Bed Bath & Beyond 2/28/21 (an authorized dealer of iRobot). On March 7 I was on the app connected to my robots and I noticed the "cleaning history" of my new vacuuming robot so I clicked on the tab to see how much it had vacuumed so far and low and behold I noticed an August 2020 job with the map of someone else's home. The app keeps a history of that robot's activity (via its serial number). So I had paid full retail price for what was obviously a factory refurbished return. It is against FTC laws to sell a return as new without declaring it as such.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Hi everyone, I am still waiting for my refund since December. They are an liar, on their website they say refund in 30 days but it is a **. I sent the iRobot back by hermes shipping company and I have copies that it say your shipping had been delivered. But irobot somehow couldn't find my robot, anyway after all I sent the proof of shipping document which I paid 45 pound for this shipping and the call center assistant told me I would give my money back in 10 days, but I didn't get it. After that I sent them my bank statements still they are looking into. I am having a very bad user experience, when you want to buy smt from irobot please consider my experience. I hope I'll get my refund this week.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have an older model and, in the past, I spent hours every couple of months trying to get it running consistently. I eventually gave up - until I retired. I thought I might now have the time to spend to get it running again... I was encouraged to see a statement on the iRobot opening screen about lifetime support for their products. Not true as they claim I need a new battery but that the battery is not made any longer - so I would have to buy a new machine. Not going to happen!!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I purchased IRobot's top of the line vacuum (S9 Series that empties the bin itself) on Nov 27 2020. It did not work right away. Their call in support line is good but all they do is STRING you along - BEWARE of this. They said they would send out a part to fix it - they sent a cheaper vacuum instead. I immediately asked for a full refund and I followed their refund policies 100%. I have sent both vacuums back - thank goodness I have the tracking numbers. It is now Feb 11th 2021 and when I called last week they said they can see my e-mail but my file is totally empty/inaccessible?? I asked for a supervisor callback and they said within 3 business days - it is now 4 business days and no callback. Scam company if you have issues - BUYER BEWARE.

iRobot Company Information