It's that easy Request Information
1.79/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

75 HomeServe USA Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

My tenant experienced the sudden onset of sewage backup in my older Florida home. I called HomeServe and they sent a representative out four hours from the call. He worked on the issue that night and resolved the problem. My tenant, who is a supervising AC repairman, was very impressed with the HomeServe technician's responsiveness and effectiveness. I'm completely satisfied and the policy was well worth the nominal cost.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2019

My drains in kitchen backed up - including the washer drain on Saturday. I called and although they couldn't get anyone out till Monday - I kept an open mind even after I read all the negative comments. The plumber they sent was very professional and I was very pleased with the repair as well as Home Serve's handling of my call. I will continue with my coverage with them through Dominion Power. Thank you Home Serve for saving me the huge plumbing bill I would have had!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My water heater had water on the top of it. I called and someone came to look at it and said it needed replacing. Within 48 hours it was totally replaced with no problem. I could not have been more pleased!

HomeServe USA response

Hi Patricia, thanks for providing this feedback on your service experience. Glad that the whole process was done to your satisfaction! Thanks for being our customer.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have had HomeServe protect me for both my heating and air conditioning systems for many years now. John came today and was so professional, like so many of the repair people from HomeServe. John always goes that extra mile. He was great - he came within the repair appointment window, he fixed the thermocoupler issue with my boiler, and he waited to make sure that the system came back up fully. Those extra few minutes waiting to make sure that everything was truly working well makes all the difference. It shows his concern. The cold weather has been so dangerous lately, so it made me feel confident that we would be safe. I recommend every home owner should take out their heating and AC maintenance contracts. I know I can count on HomeServe.

HomeServe USA response

Hi Allison, the "polar vortex" we just went through was quite severe for sure. So glad that we were able to fix your heating system problem quickly. Thanks for sharing your feedback and for being a customer!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Fearing a problem with my 65 year old boiler I enrolled in their heating plan. I was not disappointed by the ease of scheduling a date of service (same day) and the repairman arrived on time. He easily diagnosed the problem and miraculously the parts were found! He arrived the next day and now the boiler is humming again. I am completely pleased with HomeServe and their technicians. Thank you again!

HomeServe USA response

Thanks Brian for your comments and for being a customer. We appreciate you taking the time to share your service experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeServe USA?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

HomeServe USA won't let their repair people show the invoice to the customer. Nor will Homeserve share it. There is only one reason I can think of for doing that in my opinion. My opinion is that Homeserve is padding the invoice so the customer has to pay more of the bill. Very shady and really makes you wonder about the integrity of the repair people that work with this company. Buyer beware I guess.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

HomeServe is repair simple issues. Anything major, they have all types exclusions. My burner burned out in my furnace and they said it was not covered, after the technician was under the impression that they would repair it. Their heating unit coverage is not cheap. I could have purchased my own unit if I kept my money in my pocket. Please save your money. They will only pay for minor repairs. Well less than what you pay monthly. Buyer beware. Fraudulent company.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I kept getting letters saying that I had not purchased my plan yet. Then I got another and another and another. The last one came and basically told me if they damaged anything outside my property while they were doing work I would be held responsible for. That was intimidating to say the least. We are both seniors but we are not going to lay down and take that kind of thing. We did contact our water authority. They just said to stop the letters to contact HomeServe we have done that. Also asked them if they were aware of their shady letters and they said they do not mail them out. So someone is playing kickback there. Time to go to a city council meeting.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I received my 17th "final notice". Their mailings are purposely made to appear to come from the utility companies and they are not affiliated with them at all, very dishonest scammer tactics. I ignored the 1st "final notice" because I researched them and found very poor reviews. Now I just mail them back their "No postage necessary" envelopes empty. Might as well use their money to support the post office.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Our water pipe broke at 7:30 pm on a Saturday night. I called HomeServe since we have insurance with them. Rachel could not have been more helpful. She went above and beyond trying to reach a plumber and getting repairs authorized so we could have water in the house.

HomeServe USA expert review by Michele Lerner

HomeServe USA provides home repair service plans to help homeowners with domestic emergencies, whether they are plumbing, heating, cooling or electrical in nature. The plans are the equivalent of car roadside assistance, and aim to give consumers peace of mind and save them money.

• Customer service: The HomeServe USA repair hotline operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to quickly process repair claims and help homeowners.

• Immediate coverage: Coverage starts the day a customer's order is processed, although most plans require a 30-day waiting period before a customer makes a claim.

• Technican screening: HomeServe USA technicians are local, licensed and insured. The screening process includes an evaluation of technicians in the field as well as verification of their certifications.

• Range of plans: Plans provide coverage for areas such as exterior and interior electrical wiring, exterior sewer and septic lines, interior plumbing and drainage, water heater, cooling and heating systems and the interior gas line.

• Guarantee: HomeServe USA plans come with a one-year guarantee to ensure the thoroughness of repairs.

• Best for: first-time buyers, owners of older homes and those who want to cover more specialized problems.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

HomeServe USA Company Information