Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
1.87/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

72 HomeServe USA Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

I received a Service Renewal Notice from "Service Line Warranties of America" on June 10, 2019 and called Customer Service #: 1 844-870-9818 on June 17, 2019 to cancel this service. After a long conversation with a customer representative, I finally able to cancel the sewer line service coverage for my rental house in Lovelock, NV effective 7/1/2019. And I received a reference number: **. The lady representative assured me that my account with the sewer line warranties company was cancelled effective 7/1/19. However, I was very surprised to see my credit card being charged $88.00 from HomeServe USA today, 7/9/19. I do not understand why this is happening. If I did not check my card transactions, this company will be taking $$ from my credit card even though my account with the company being closed and canceled.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I was charged $878.00 ($439.00 each) for a Premiere Heating Service Contact on two units in my home for the 2019-2020 heating season. After looking online I see the rate for my town is quoted as $618.00 or $309.00 each. I was overcharged $260.00 for the two units. After speaking with customer service I was told the rate online was a promotional rate however they could not tell me where its states that it is a promotional rate for new customers. It does not exist anywhere or in any fine print. Also if this was true there is nothing telling a new customer they are receiving a special rate and to expect a large increase in year two. I was given a $100.00 credit. I am still out $130.00 with no resolution. The zip code for the above rates online is 02382 on 6/19/19. The website is not currently legal as it stands today. The company admits it is not stated this is a special rate yet refuses to honor the rate for a 10 year+ existing customer.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I see a lot of negative reviews but I had the exact opposite experience with them!! I had a sewer line collapse. They immediately sent a plumber to snake/camera/replace!! I would highly recommend them. Steve **

Original review: May 29, 2019

As a client of HomeServe USA for several years, I have had to call upon them to open a claim for plumbing issues. In each of the prior work orders, I was given a copy of the invoice detailing work done as well as the associated cost. Most recently, when I asked the vendor that completed the work I was told they do not show the cost to the customer and I would have to ask HomeServe USA.

HomeServe USA indicated an invoice would be provided as requested when I contacted them after being denied access to that information by the vendor. Now, I have received an email from Brett ** at HomeServe USA with this explanation (see the quote from email received below), which indicates to me that he has spoken with the vendor and is in agreement with them, and is refusing to provide the information requested. If a client wants to know the extent of costs associated with their property, why the lack of transparency HomeServe USA?

"This email is being sent to confirm your request for a copy of your invoice. Depending upon availability and/or the date of your request since your repair service date, this email may contain either the initial work order or the invoice. You will also notice that costs have been omitted, as is required for all proprietary information transmitted."

Original review: May 20, 2019

This company is very bad. I've had a service contract with them for several years. My HVAC system was new, so I didn't need much service, at first. I did notice a few concerning things during the yearly maintenance, that was included as part of the service contract, but I foolishly continued to maintain the service contract, nonetheless. Later on, when I had trouble with my A/C system, I realized that I made a big mistake by continuing to use them for HVAC service. Certainly, some of the service technicians are qualified. However, some others are grossly incompetent. Still, others were very ill tempered. One even showed up smelling of alcohol. The customer service is often impolite, even rude. To add insult to injury, I found them to be highly dishonest. The service contract price is very competitive, but the service contract is effectively useless. I cannot recommend this company, in any respect.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeServe USA?

Original review: May 15, 2019

My central AC died after 14 years. Now, I understand I shouldn't expect it to last much longer, but I would have appreciated a "heads up" last year and the year before to let me know it was starting to go. The unit was originally put in by LILCO, and the maintenance contract was outsourced to HomeServe some years later. Every year in March I faithfully called HomeServe for a maintenance check (and paid them $363 annually!) The technician was usually in and out in about 20 minutes and would tell me "You're all set". I believed him.

THIS year the tech from HomeServe took about an HOUR and 20 minutes and told me that the unit was all rusted and filled with black mold... SERIOUSLY??? YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT THIS HAPPENED IN A YEAR??? Last year I was told everything was fine!! So, we called HomeServe to give us a price on a new unit (3 tons) and they quoted me $8,400 (PLUS the yearly $363 maintenance). No thank you, I didn't trust them after they blew off my inspections year after year. We asked for special price consideration because of the service snafu and the sales rep said he would have his supervisor review our case... STILL waiting to hear from him.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My elderly parents have been paying for their hot water insurance (and five other types of insurance) for years with this company. When the hot water heater went out, it took more than a week to get someone to come out and look at it. When they did come out, they told them the heater would need a new burner. The problem seemed to be in the igniter, but they told them that the parts were now connected because the water heater was "too new."

More than a week went by and still no burner. When my parents called the company they told them that the new burner would cost them $230, or they could pay $285 to have the entire water heater replaced. Later, when I called, they told me that the burner is no longer available for that water heater because it is "too old." My brother found the burner at a local chain store for $100 with very little effort. The 40 gallon replacement heater is a little over $400, but the costs exceeded their maximum benefit value by $285, according to my first call.

When I called back a second time the story had again changed and the $285 was to "bring it up to code." The second guy was not as good at lying as the first guy, and I caught him in several. The first guy only got caught a couple of times. In the end I may have the installation done because it's cheaper than buying one and installing it myself, but these contracts will most certainly be cancelled. They will steal money from the elderly, defraud them, and steal more money when it comes time to actually do the repair. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Originally, I signed up for appliance coverage from a mail campaign from Florida Power & Light. I assumed that FPL would have vetted HomeServe thoroughly before offering HomeServe to customers. I had coverage for less than one year before my washing machine required repairs. After an initial call to establish a work order, I was told that I'd receive a call back from a repair contractor by noon the following business day. No one ever called back.

After six calls to HomeServe repairs, I was told that they (HomeServe) would have to get a "cooperating" contract repair shop in my area to attend to my problem. Still, no one ever responded or called back. Finally sensing that this is a scam, I called their Billings & Cancellations Dept to terminate my contract. HomeServe's agent told me that I'd receive the remaining credit, < $5, back to my credit card. In the end, my washer problem was solved by hiring a legitimate local repair contractor. Lesson learned.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Bad experience with this scam company. Be aware. This company it doesn't cover what it says. First we got a back up issues on our sewer pipe. We called and they says "someone will contacting you in 2 to 4 hours". After 6 days someone shows up, after our many calls of course. Ok now, they will fix it or they might fix the problem but you need to still have the sewer pipe totally clogged for days, otherwise they won't fix it. Also if you don't have access clean out inside your home they can't do anything either. Imagine to have your home for 6 days with smell of **, and nobody comes to fix it.

I have to clean up every day my sewer and use it, and once they send a plumber, the plumber can't do anything because it's clear, and they can't do any repairs. So I cancel my service with them, and now I will ending fixing our self with plumber that we know, it came good. So please don't let these people take your money and don't waste your time calling these guys. This is scam company that they take $11 or $12 a month for everybody. If I can mark minus stars, I will mark it minus 10 stars.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We purchased warranty for our furnace. Sent people out 5 or 6 times leading us to believe it would be fixed. Each time was different story, different part, blah blah blah. Last time they said it was water in our furnace, we needed a new one. HELLO, our furnace is outside!!! Called the guy who installed it, which is retired, he looked at it and in 10 minutes knew what was wrong. Ordered part, installed and has been running for 2 months now. We had been without a furnace from the last part of Oct. 2018, till Feb of 2019. Used our gas fireplace all winter till we got carbon monoxide poisoning!!! All we are trying to get is reimbursed for the part which is $350. TOTAL JOKE!!!

HomeServe USA Company Information