2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

4.0/5 (389 ratings)

About HomeServe

HomeServe offers a variety of plans that cover electrical wiring, gas fuel lines, plumbing, cooling and heating systems. The company also offers combination plans if you want to mix and match. You can cancel within 30 days for a full refund, and covered repairs have a one-year guarantee.

Pros

• Individual system coverage available
  • One-year workmanship guarantee
  • Low-cost plans

Cons

• All plans not available in all areas
  • Can’t choose your own contractor

Bottom Line

HomeServe specializes in providing coverage for your home’s essential systems, including electrical, plumbing and heat and air. While not all plans are available everywhere, its systems coverage is thorough and affordable.

HomeServe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeServe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeServe?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

They do not repair our heating unit that making noise from motor of furnace. Instead, tech shut off putting red tag, forcing us to replace whole heating system using their sales team. This unit has been working fine except little noise when motor start blow air.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

HomeServe took care of my service request and they did a good job. Techs came out long before the scheduled time. This is my second time having service with HomeServe. Last year, techs had to check the boiler and service it. It was for the winter. They performed good service.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

HomeServe is responsive to service. When an outlet was not functioning, I called them on the phone and the repair company that came was very good.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The contractor - M&M Plumbing was very qualified, efficient, explained everything, did an excellent job. The Home Serve hot water heater protection plan was EXCELLENT - I would recommend the protection plan & in fact just started a plan for my furnace. VERY, VERY SATISFIED.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

HomeServe's service is okay, but the company that they sent out charged me for service call. The repairman did the job and then charged me 75 bucks. The refund took a couple of weeks, but I finally got my money back. HomeServe should inform their employees how they work.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

When I first called, told to call back following week bc only emergency work due to hurricane then changed story to union contract negotiations pending. I called back next day when I realized problem was worse than I thought. Then got appt with no mention of prior stories. Power restored next day, but further work needed. Then got same story to call back next month re: contract neg. when I called. Called back immediately and different rep took my info with no mention of delay. Work finally completed. Work well done.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Guys showed up on time, ready to get the job done. I have Ins with Louisville Water Co & this is 3rd time being fixed. Looks like these guy got it done (I really hope so). Thank you! I Would recommend this group.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I had a bathroom claim to HomeServe. The guy who came out was very knowledgeable, and he was great. He called back the same day and scheduled the appointment. I recommend having the warranty to everyone. It's a good thing to have.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Edward came to the house. Started to troubleshoot problem. Found the the problem after checking all areas that cause the backup. He started with the camera and discover exact problem. Exceptional customer service from the office all the way to service. Very pleased with expertise of the company.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

There is not enough room here to cover the situation. You might look at the notes from my calls to Home Serve 9/23 and 9/24. I have never experienced such incompetence in my life. On a positive note, Pam, in customer service finally listened to me, found a solution and actually called me back to say so. She was the only person who cared or listened. I'd welcome a call to.

HomeServe Company Information