2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

4.1/5 (541 ratings)

About HomeServe

HomeServe offers a variety of plans that cover electrical wiring, gas fuel lines, plumbing, cooling and heating systems. The company also offers combination plans if you want to mix and match. You can cancel within 30 days for a full refund. There are no deductibles, and covered repairs have a one-year guarantee.

Pros

• Individual system coverage available
  • One-year workmanship guarantee
  • Low-cost plans

Cons

• All plans not available in all areas
  • Can’t choose your own contractor

Bottom Line

HomeServe specializes in providing coverage for your home’s essential systems, including electrical, plumbing and heat and air. While not all plans are available everywhere, its systems coverage is thorough and affordable.

HomeServe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeServe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeServe?

Original review: May 25, 2021

There was a gas leak and PG&E had tagged it. I needed someone to come out and change the valve but that wasn't covered. So, once I got the valve replaced, they came out and tried to ignite the water heater but they just couldn't ignite. Everything is working okay now but it has to be inspected by the inspector of this city jurisdiction that we are in on Tuesday. I’ve never had a problem with HomeServe and I've had a wonderful experience with them.

Original review: May 24, 2021

We couldn’t get hot water and there was low water pressure. It turned out to be a clogged little pipe part to the end and the guy had the part on him. He replaced it. Plumbers are expensive and we didn't have to pay anything out of our pocket no matter what the cost was going to be. The home warranty is less stressful. We just pay monthly for the policy, which is great.

Original review: May 23, 2021

Submitting a request to HomeServe has been great the few times I’ve used it as well as the contractors that I’ve had. HomeServe is super convenient when we've had issues come up and I'm unsure of who to send out to our house. That's something that they handle, which is very helpful for me.

Original review: May 22, 2021

It took a couple of days to get through to HomeServe and once I got through to somebody, it still took about a day and a half for them to come out. I was a little disappointed particularly since it was a kitchen sink that was stopped up, which is the center of the household. But I was very happy with the service. The young man who came out and did the work was very pleasant and I couldn't ask for a better person for the service guy. He did a very good job. Everything was wonderful on that part although reaching HomeServe and scheduling left a bit to be desired.

Original review: May 21, 2021

A drain pipe under my house is leaking. I called HomeServe about it. They sent a company which wrote an estimate way too high,, so they sent somebody else,, This other company wouldn’t fixed it unless I removed water that it was accumulated under the house,, so I hired somebody to pump the water out,, In the meantime the bathroom was backing up. I called them about it. They sent the plumbing company to unplugged it,, They finally did,, but the leak under the house was still pending,, They came back and told me that it was still water under and couldn’t fix it until I clear all the water out,, which I did,, When everything was done and all the water was pumped out I called HomeServe,, to send the plumbing company to fix the leak cuz all the water was pumped out.

They told me that I had used all my calls and they wouldn’t send anybody,, I told them that the plumbing company never fixed the leak, that they were waiting for me clear the water. They told me that it didn’t matter, that they wouldn’t send anybody cuz I had used all my calls. I told them that it wasn’t fair cuz I they never fix the leak,, that I had paid somebody to pump the water out,, and now nobody was coming to fix the leak,, HomeServe didn’t care,, but I still paying the monthly payment and I don’t have interior plumbing insurance for the rest of the year,, I don’t think is fair at all,, Completely dissatisfied with their service as well with the plumbing company they sent which name is Works Plumbing,,

Original review: May 21, 2021

So far, I've had good success with HomeServe when it comes to plumbing issues, which is what I've always had a problem with. They responded or dispatched people promptly. But recently, I had an issue with electrical problem. It took seven days before they could get somebody here. They dispatched to somebody, but the people they dispatched do not call to set appointments. We had to do it several times throughout the seven days before somebody came. I also wanted to speak to their manager, and they couldn't let me, but said whoever was on that night will call me back. Until today, nobody has called me in that regard. But the gentleman that helped me on the seventh day to make sure that I got an electrician to come in put a note or sign there. When it comes to the electrical department dispatching, I will give HomeServe a 0 on that.

Original review: May 20, 2021

When I called them about this they very promptly sent out a repairman who took care of it. I was very satisfied with his service. He was very professional and friendly. Would recommend HomeServe to anyone who wanted reliable coverage.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Repairman was prompt in responding to our call and came very soon to do repairs. He was very nice, polite, tidy and got right to work. He was very knowledgeable and skilled in what he needed to do to help us. Very pleased with results and response. Also, nice lady who took our request for service was very helpful and listened carefully to our concerns and needs. Appreciate the good service all around. Thanks!

Original review: May 20, 2021

This service company is so very reliable and professional. I am always able to reach customer service dept. very easily. My appointments are scheduled quickly with a certified technician to handle my necessary repairs. Again I am extremely pleased with the service that I have been receiving so far!! Tony A.????

Original review: May 20, 2021

Always did well by me. Replacement was by the guidelines and I am satisfied. I would recommend Home Serve to anyone. The service has been a good value for me and some peace of mind comes with having this agreement.

HomeServe Company Information