4.4/5 (367 ratings)
HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

About HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)

HomeAdvisor is an online resource that helps residents find reliable home repair or improvement services in their area. HomeAdvisor has service providers in multiple categories on its site, from maid services to HVAC repair, and screens each one to make sure you end up working with a trustworthy provider. It also backs its platform with a Happiness Guarantee.

Pros

• Convenient app
    • Free to use
    • Instant online scheduling
    • Happiness Guarantee

Cons

• Doesn’t show all companies in area
    • Limited options in some locations

Bottom Line

HomeAdvisor connects residents who are looking to start a project or repair to pros and contractors in their area. The website works with more than 100,000 professionals who are prescreened for legitimacy and safety.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeAdvisor?

Original review: July 30, 2022

Do not even think about do business with HomeAdvisor & Angie's List. Read the following statement carefully: “Angie List & HomeAdvisor is the same company working under the very same predatory marketing and financial practices. Their deceptive, and unlawful operations are dangerous and detrimental for Small Business Owner and consumers in general. In addition, they have in place a fraudulent large-scale payment system arranged to overcharge customer in a monthly basis, for ghost services even after months of cancellation. Do not take my word see it by yourself on the testimonies and reviews from many helpless customers that have been misled, exploited, and unfairly treated by this HomeServices online marketplace. All the complaints have one single common denominator: Rip off."

Hundreds of contractors join class-action lawsuit accusing HomeAdvisor of fraud: 6abc Action News Investigation. The lawsuit, filed by a Haverford, Pennsylvania law firm, claims HomeAdvisor's business model is defective, deceptive and fraudulent. From roofers to carpenters, to electricians, HomeAdvisor has been a tool to grow business for home improvement contractors. The company charges contractor’s money for leads to potential customers considering projects. I cannot stretch enough that kind of misappropriation and thievery this company does. Please, report, take action and safeguard yourself from Homeadvisor & Angie’s list.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Was very please with the job. He arrive when he said he would. Very courteous and polite explain everything when he came across a problem. Will use him for another project. I will recommend him to my friends. Angie's List is just Awesome.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I am extremely happy with my appointment experience finding and using Gus Flooring & Carpet to complete my repair job. Having to find the previous companies I used on my own, tends to make me feel like I paid more for the others.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Stucco cracked in many places in my outside wall. Wall was redone with new wood and stucco. Work done by Construction Espinosa and Somoza, very happy with the outcome... timeframe as promised, excellent clean up after job completed. Highly recommended.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I contacted Home Advisor needing my AC system replaced. Had a number of responses within minutes. The company I chose, Atwater Burger, LLC dba Mend Services, Came out within minutes, Gave me a job cost and replaced the HVAC the same day. Thank you Home Advisor!

Original review: July 22, 2022

I need my driveway paved. I created a job description per their interview process. I received three 'references' not actual quotes. The first one was something like "Angi's Guaranteed". The second one was a probably a real asphalt contractor, the third was almost certainly a "Gypsy Traveler". Then the emails started. They keep asking for $25 to proceed with my project. So I read the Terms & Conditions, and basically, it's a simple way for me to forfeit $25 to HA/Angi and get nothing and be entitled to nothing in return. I have since unsubscribed from *ALL* lists. Despite my attempts to cancel & disconnect, I expect to be involuntarily contacted by them at least 5 more times in the next two weeks, and two or three additional times again in approximately 8 weeks.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I found it helpful to have a site where I could get recommendations that I would trust. Both companies that were listed called me in a timely manner to see if I still needed help. I found this very impressive.

Original review: July 21, 2022

We were very happy with the service we received! Within moments we received offers from people wanting to give us a bid.and had several companies to choose from. We were happy with the company we chose to go with. Work was completed in a timely manner.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Very good job done. Very professional and patient. I was surprised how fast they can start to fix the door. They left the room completely clean et nothing to do after they leave. They took the time to explain me each step and ask me to verify if I like it.

Original review: July 14, 2022

They spammed me with calls once I search for a professional. Also a revised negative review was not published. Overtime issues surface and would like these reviews to be published. By not publishing a negative review, the service is no longer credible.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I got a great recommendation for a deck. But when contacted about my request for a new garage door I received a call from a local man who I could not understand. Your representative was also difficult to follow. You are likely dealing with older customers with hearing problems, so I advise you to consider your representative's ability to communicate.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Within 5 minutes of placing the online request I received a call from Topnotch Roofing. By 7 am the next day the repair was completed…Handy was extremely professional explaining what he was going to do to repair my roof. Outstanding customer service and excellent work at a more than fair price. Highly recommend this company. Home Advisor was awesome.

Original review: July 13, 2022

There is a slow water in My kitchen sink. When using washing machine, water comes out from the drain. Bruz and his partner Victor run snake into the drain pipe of outside outlets, kitchen and washing machine. Now the water goes very quickly.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Jimmy did a very good job with our home inspection. His inspection was very thorough. He explained everything that needed to be addressed in plain English. We would definitely recommend him and Longview Home Inspections, and in fact, we already have!!!

Original review: July 12, 2022

I was told the appointment would be at 1 p.m. Friday July 8th. Thursday the 7th of July I received a notice in the evening that the job was canceled because HomeAdvisor could not confirm with the selected company. Friday mid-morning, I was told the worker would be arriving a 1 p.m. I had made other plans by then and called homeadvisor. The person answering the phone told me "We never canceled the job" even though I was looking at the cancellation email. She hung up on me!!

Original review: July 9, 2022

New asphalt installed, team was well prepared and finished the job in a very professional way, I would recommend Do All Construction to everyone. I’ll be hiring them again for another job in the future. I called so many companies and Do All was fast to respond, show up for an estimate and schedule a date to do the job. Highly recommend this company for any paving job.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Home Advisor helped me find professional contractors who fit my needs and were able to deliver services. I got professional employees who delivered professional service. Arrived on time and on schedule. Estimates were accurate and reasonable. I had painting done and a window glass replaced.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Very happy with Contractor chosen. Fair and quality of work is excellent. Crew was very respectful of property. I would not have found them without HomeAdvisor. Liberty Gutter Installations was very professional and kept in contact with me start to finish. Thank you!

Original review: June 29, 2022

Paint house and garage did a great job used top quality paint. Matched colors for walk doors to the new garage doors I had installed last fall. Really pleased will have him back I highly recommend him. Thanks thanks thanks!

Original review: June 19, 2022

Excellent same day repair service! Juan was prompt, knowledgeable, professional and reasonable cost. He provided a estimate prior to completion of washer repair and service call fee was half of everyone else available and his response was with 10 minutes of inquiry.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Painted ceilings and walls. 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room and hallway. Did an excellent job. On time daily. Very professional and friendly. Concerned if I had any issues with any of their work. I will use them in the future for my painting needs.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I used HomeAdvisor to find a good electrician close to my home. It was very fast and easy to use. I found a great electrician who was reasonably priced and did excellent work. I will definitely use this site again!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I reached out to inquire about tree removal and was quickly connected to several vendors offering their services. Great job with connecting me to vendors. From estimate to job completion took about a week. I am completely satisfied and would definitely use it again!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I love starting my projects with your company. I follow your prompts on the site, add my general project information, you prompt me to answer questions that your pros will need, I receive quotes within MINUTES and usually have someone hired within an hour. Thank you! You make these projects less daunting!

Original review: June 13, 2022

We have been very pleased with EENN Construction and Cleaning, the company we found through HomeAdvisor, and have recommended the site to family in NJ, who have had an equally good experience. Evandson Oliveira, owner of EENN Construction, replaced our deck and did a topnotch job, leaving us with a beautiful deck we are enjoying every day. Thank you!

Original review: June 12, 2022

They connected us to a great company to seal our driveway blacktop. Helped us find just the right person for the job. We felt comfortable with a recommendation from them. Will use again for other future projects. The response time was immediate and we completed our project the next day.

Original review: June 12, 2022

I needed assistance finding someone to repair my central vac. Within minutes of submitting I received 3 phone calls from different companies. All seemed to have excellent reviews and I was very happy with the work completed and I am presently waiting for them to order me additional hose.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Would highly recommend Dennis **, he goes far beyond of what is required of him. He moved my furniture as I am not able to do it at this time and replaced where he found it. Leaned up like he was never there.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Three contractors were scheduled and all three were NO SHOWS. I don't get it. Appointments were made on Friday, Sunday, and Monday -- and all were NO SHOWS. I don't give a NO SHOW a second chance, so I've organized an appointment with another, more reliable company, Mr. Quik.

Original review: June 6, 2022

He was on time. Very professional and knew what he was doing. Perfect!! He actually showed up. This is somewhat unusual. Very difficult to find a Qualified gas technician. I would certainly call him again. I find it unusual lately that shows up, are professional and informed. Unusual.

HomeAdvisor (Powered by Angi) Company Information