toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I learned Home Warranty of America through my bank agent when purchasing the home and went with them because of good references. My real estate agent signed up for the service for me. Using their web page is fairly simple and straightforward and I'm very happy with their work performance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we moved, the realtor looked around a couple of warranty companies and picked Home Warranty of America. He thought they're a good one. We had another but it wasn't very good. Signing up with Home Warranty of America was fine and the sales rep was very good. When we renewed it, I called them up, sent the renewal thing in, and their team member made a note on my account. We've submitted four claims and it’s looking good. The most recent claim was for the air conditioner. We called them, they called the company, then the company called us and made an appointment. They’re out there to take care of it. I gave them $75 and were gone. It works really well and I never had a problem. If I ever have a problem, I call them up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Home Warranty of America was furnished by the sellers when I purchased a home in 2015. My realtor said she chose it because the initial period was 13 months versus 12 and she's had a good experience with the company. I did have a claim last year with the air conditioning system and they sent a company out called All About You Heating and Air. They were very professional and handled it quickly. I would recommend Home Warranty of America. I did renew last month for this next year and it was a simple renewal process.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Home Warranty of America was automatically included when we bought the house. It was one of the perks the seller offered, and we've stuck with them. Signing up was easy. They have a website where I can do all my tickets and payments, and check what coverage I want. It's fairly straightforward. Most of the time, the sales reps are very friendly. We've had several repairs done by the company. They send out a text and won't commit over the phone about what they're going to do until they've sent somebody out to look at the problem and research on it for a while. That part was annoying because I was always wondering what's going to happen. But so far, they've always taken care of me. There hasn't been anything that couldn't be fixed or replaced. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Highly satisfied with HWA Warranty. Have recommended it to several people who bought or are buying homes. Very smart thing to do when you purchase a home in case there are problems in the future you are not aware of when buying the home. Our heat pump gave out less than six months after we bought our house. HWA was a God-send.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

When I bought my house, I was given a warranty as the AC and furnace are almost 50 YEARS old. The AC was the first thing to malfunction... the vendor that was sent out for that "didn't want to mess" with our unit as far as replacement because it would be "too big of a pain" for him to replace. So he was sent out MULTIPLE times to patch up the AC unit, which he finally was able to mend the problem enough that it worked for the rest of the season. In his notes, he stated that the furnace/heat exchanger was CRACKED when he was inspecting the AC coil. There was a lapse in my coverage. My AC stopped working again. First Class Air was sent out and about had a heart attack. He called me and told me to file a claim on the furnace immediately as it was leaking CO2 and was DANGEROUS to run in the house. Everything was submitted and my claims were RUDELY and UNINFORMITAVELY denied.

I called FOR WEEKS trying to get a resolution, being passed around before a supervisor finally got back with me. I was told too bad, lapse in coverage, my problem however if I paid for repairs and a malfunction occurred again, the warranty would then cover the unit. So I paid over $600 to have the AC repaired AGAIN and it worked for a few months. When it started malfunctioning again, Dynasty Air was sent out and again recommended a full system replacement. They inspected both the outside AC unit as well as the internal unit where the furnace and AC are controlled together. He again said the furnace was bad and that the AC was too old to mess with. He said he had Rescue Motors but he didn't think that would work at all. Everything was submitted and AGAIN system replacement was denied and Dynasty came out and installed the Rescue Motor... this functioned for a few HOURS and then we had the same problem again.

I called for a recall on the AC and inquired about the furnace as well. I have paid $400 in service call fees this year ALONE on these claims, one of which I was told would be refunded and I have not yet seen that either. When Dynasty came back out, they turned on the AC unit and said that it was blowing cold air so there was no issue. It was about 40 degrees outside on the day they did this inspection so OF COURSE it's going to blow cold air because it's COLD OUTSIDE. They then took $100 service call fee for the furnace and said they would submit everything. Time goes by, I hear nothing from Dynasty nor HWA. I called again for the AC as the outside unit stopped running altogether and another vendor was sent out (Affordable Air or something to that effect). They stated that the notes stated the AC was fixed and that the furnace had never been reported. Again, a $100 payment was expected, which I refused to pay.

The vendor understood my refusal and said he would get back with his office and see what was going on. It is this last vendor who informed me that HWA would absolutely not touch the furnace nor consider replacing it. The statement was made that I'm "just trying to get a new unit", which is utter BS and I am insulted by that. The equipment is almost 50 YEARS OLD!!! I have an infant in my house along with my dogs and it has been in the 20's here the last couple weeks. Let me say again... I HAVE AN INFANT IN MY HOUSE AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS THAT I AM TRYING TO SCAM YOU FOR A NEW UNIT!!! In the money I have spent messing around with your company, I could have paid for a new unit myself!!! I think it's funny you have a check box for an attorney – having a lot of problems like this?? Gee, I wonder who that could be... the way I have been treated is absolutely disgusting.

In trying to resolve this issue, I was privy to a supervisor making personal calls on working hours to somewhere regarding charges made at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas... I'm sitting here, my house and my family are miserable and this SUPERVISOR who could not find the time to call me for WEEKS is idly chatting away trying to get his issue resolved... hmmm... perhaps he should do that on his own time and not when people are depending on him to address their needs. I will be requesting all of the service fees I have paid HWA vendors as well as my $600 premium as this warranty is absolutely useless. I have been very patient and calm during this entire ordeal but now I have reached my limit and have been pushed past it. How can you sleep at night knowing you're taking people's money and then providing this type of service??? While you are warm and cozy in your beds, my family is hunkering together for warmth around a space heater.

You think you can just blow someone like me off because who the hell am I? Just another person out to scam you idiots... right... that would make sense if I hadn't dropped so much money with you people. I am absolutely appalled... makes me wish I was dead instead of living in a time where other people don't matter outside of oneself. Truly disgusting. This whole ordeal has seriously made me question my faith in people and the good in the world. You all have shown me that people don't matter as long as you get your ** money. Well enjoy it. I hope you have to set it on fire to keep your pompous asses warm this winter. A very disappointed and disgusted customer. This message is directed at HWA. My apologies for the verbiage I have used as far as "you". Again, this is directed to HWA.

I have had an open claim on my dishwasher since 10/4/2016. The service provider "Passion Service Pro" came out on 10/6/2016 and said the dishwasher needed a new control panel. Should be fix in about 7 business days. Great. Well 7 business days goes by and no call from "Passion Service Pros" so I call them. They tell me the part is back ordered until Nov 15th. I call HWA to explore my option and there are none. Multiple phone calls later from me to "Passion Service Pro" and HWA and 7 weeks later still the dishwasher is broken and no one will answer my questions about what is going on. I called "Passion Service Pro" today and they hung up on me. I called HWA today and got hung up on twice. Not once have I received a phone call from HWA or Passion Service Pro about a status update. I need some resolution to this issue. How long do I have to wait to get a dishwasher repaired.

This is the worst experience I have had with a home warranty company ever. I will not recommend HWA to any of my clients and I wIll let all my realtor and broker friends and relative know about my experience. American Home Shield put my needs first and did everything possible to fulfill they obligations in a timely manner at my previous residences. I am very dissatisfied with the lack of customer service and professionalism from HWA and Passion Service Pro. Please do not call me or contact me in any form unless you have an immediate resolution to this issue. Thank you.

Clear Water Plumbing was great. Their service rep was great!! He was extremely professional and friendly. Thanks for great service!! We appreciate that Home Warranty of America provides us with good vendors.

The few times I have had to use the services of HWA, they have all been good experiences. Each service provider that has come out has shown up in a timely manner and fixed the issue the first time. I would recommend their services and will continue to do so with the level of service that they provide.

My AC system went bad a few months back and even though it took a little time to get the claim processed and completed they made a fair offer and provided a good product. I would recommend them to a friend or family if they were looking for a home warranty.

The central unit has been a nightmare from day one in my new home. On the last call the "repair" required parts ordered but never came back to replace them. After 3 calls and 2 arguments later there was a back order, but 4 months still no parts!

This company goes out of its way to try and do the bare minimum possible according to their contract. There is no attempt by anyone I have talked to at HWA to create raving fans or even to retain clients. One example of this is my AC. It recently went out in the summer in Texas. HWA apparently only has one AC adjuster who is either overworked or incompetent. It took over a week of my wife calling HWA multiple times a day to get the "okay" for the repair person to fix the problem. All the while we know what is wrong with the system and my family, including two small children, are forced to leave our home because it is so hot. That's in addition to the repair shop calling HWA as well to try and see what the holdup is.

Additionally, when we finally did get the lone AC adjuster to actually approve the repairs he or she apparently ignored the recommendation of the AC repair people and only approved the stopgap fix in what I can only assume is a stalling issue to get me to spend more money on another service call after I have paid for another year of the service (because the adjuster knows that the stopgap fix will make the system inefficiently operable for the next few months until AC isn't used as much thus delaying any appreciable repair at least another billing year).

I nearly forgot to mention the fact that a person can never get the same representative on the phone and apparently HWA doesn't have the technology to institute client notes in an account view. Every single time we got a hold of another representative we had to re-explain the entire issue and any assurances one representative told us were not noted so they may as well have been lies to pass the buck to another person knowing that there was no way for me to talk to the same person again.

This is the type of shoddy customer service and cost mitigation that give companies like HWA a bad reputation. I would never recommend this company to anyone. This company will go out of its way to make sure that the covered items are working at the bare minimum to meet the definition. A prime example of doing just enough so that it can be said that something was done. The vendors that I have used through HWA have been great, but they are striving to retain customers and keep their good will unlike the bureaucratic shell-game that HWA appears to be.

I had raw sewage in my basement for almost a week waiting for the people that this company referred. One of your customer service reps suggested I could have my own person to fix and would be reimbursed. I called twice to get clarification and was told to have the work done and I send in the receipt. I did that, was given the run around and then told I didn't do it the right way and was denied. I am so disgusted with HWA.

I have used my service 2 times since 2012 and I was very satisfied with the company that came. They were a local company and when I asked them if they liked HWA, they said that they got payment promptly, which was very nice to hear. You have to ask for a company close to you because they really don't know your area but they work with you always.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Submitting a claim with Home Warranty of America has been fantastic. Their representatives have been great. They are very nice and easy to work with. I appreciate how easy the process is. Typically, I get scared when I buy things or warranties that they will make it as hard as they can but that has not been my experience with Home Warranty of America.

I was satisfied, except that the person installing the equipment really twisted my arm into upgrading to the point it was upsetting. He said the air conditioning equipment covered by our policy was not going to last that long! Can you check to see when our policy needs to be renewed?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used HWA once, and it was good. Also, the technician was okay. I wished that if I needed immediate service right then like when my air conditioning caught on fire and I needed it serviced or repaired, they would have reimbursed me for the services that I had done. But I was told it wasn't reimbursable.

The Service of my Dishwasher was a nightmare. The service of my Air Conditioning system was great. The dishwasher needed a new line and it took several companies to finally fix it, between dishwasher technicians and plumbers. It took several weeks.

I have had no problems at all. Customer Service has been friendly, prompt, and good. When I had a claim, I had competent and professional service delivery persons who worked quickly and efficiently. I have never had to hold for very long when I have called in.

Resolution In Progress

We had one claim this year and it was denied. I was very disappointed how it was handled. I felt like we paid for car insurance the whole year and when we had an accident we found out we had no coverage. Why pay for a homeowner's warranty if you can't use it when you need it? I fixed my plumbing but felt like I should have gotten some help from my warranty company. Not satisfied at all.

I am very upset at the cost of my coverage. After year one I paid $583.44 total including processing fee. Year two $689.40 total including processing fee. Year three $729.96 will be the total paid once May 2017 ends including processing fee. Yet total amount paid out for services by HWA is $238.47. This is meant to be a service that helps out not hinders. Also my service charge per a visit is now up to $75.00 per a call. All I am seeing is an increase in cost and yet I am not having anything replaced and my Insurance ended up covering the issue with my AC/Heating system.

I filed a claim in September for my oven. It's now mid-November and my claim has not been settled. I have been without an oven for 2 months! The claim reps say they will check things and follow up with you, but never do. You can't get back to any previous reps who assisted you. Supervisors don't call you back. This company is horrible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Home Warranty of America was offered to us when we bought our home. We live way out in the country and it's been difficult to get a qualified person. I spent $600 or $700 on $75 service calls on anything about the plumbing. They didn't know who to send out and they were sending unqualified people. After two and a half years, we finally got our shower fixed last week, but the two bathtubs are still not fixed. They would just come out and put a band aid on it then leave. It's been very frustrating. But Home Warranty of America has always been very helpful. I never had resistance whenever I'd call. So, I would recommend them.

I have been customer with HWA for approximately three years and all experiences have been positive. HWA has responded quickly and efficiently whenever claim is made. Very satisfied. I expect to be customer for several more years. No problems encountered.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm not too happy with HWA. Somebody came to do my washer a couple of weeks ago for the same problem that I had to pay $100 twice. They were taking it to collection so I paid for a deductible to Reliance Appliances in Alaska and the problem wasn't solved. Now, I called them back for the same problem and the technician said that I don't have to pay anything. However, Reliance kept calling me and asking me to pay and sending me a bill twice. I didn't like it and I'm thinking of leaving and going to another place.

I placed the request online and it was fast and easy, the contractor called me quickly and that was great. He came out to look at it and said that it needs a part and contacted Frigidaire and would get back to us. He never did. We left 2 messages and a text the following day. Then the 3rd day another guy called from another company to come out and fix it. HWA sent him and it said that we didn't need to pay him the diagnostics fee for it. So thank you for taking care of that but just wanted you to know about 1st guy not returning calls & that we have now been without our fridge for 3 days & not sure how long it will be. Also I have a 32" fridge and a 32" freezer that are side by side but not connected. Little did I know that the freezer isn't covered in my plan because it is considered a stand up fridge even though it is my only freezer in the house.

Factual basis uncertain

Used the plan for the first time a few months ago. My AC broke down on a Thursday and when I called I was told it wasn't considered an emergency and wasn't repaired until the following Tuesday. 6 days in 90 temps was unacceptable and several calls to your customer service people were useless. The company I used prior would have fixed it that night or the next day without question.

When my problem arise with my Air conditioner HWA said that it was an existing problem and that would not cover it. Preferred Vendor: Capital Village Services, LLC. Phone Number: 202-215-5427 Your Claim #: ** Very dissatisfied after you assume that you are cover under such policy, but it appears to be a harsh hassle for them to fulfill it. Not only I was short for the claim service fee of $100 but also I had no choice but to get it fix out my own pocket, that company that they used left me hanging after I had told the guy that I was going to pay for it out my own pocket but he disappear, I never heard from him again.

I don't understand what takes 3-6 weeks for a charge to be reversed for a contract. I called the same day it hit my credit card for payment. That puts people in a situation where they have to pay for something they won't use. No other business in America does that. Ridiculous. I am particularly disappointed in the fact that I just subscribed to your service again for a new house. Had I known this I would have never used your service.

Our home has been covered by HWA since we purchased it in 2013. We have had three service calls. All have been resolved quickly and professionally with no problems. I plan to keep my HWA in place for as long as we own the home.

Home Warranty of America Company Profile