3.86/5
  • 1 star
Based on 624 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1996, Home Warranty of America has offered customers fast and easy solutions with excellent service. Our goal is to provide high value protection at a reasonable price.

Home Warranty of America specializes in home warranty plans, real estate, home sellers warranty, appliance warranty and home protections plans. Whether you are selling your home, buying a new one, or staying put we want you to save money and time. Let us help you succeed while providing the best protection. Call us today!

BBBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

1233 Home Warranty of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I’ve been with Home Warranty of America for a little over three years now. It was part of the house when I bought it and I renewed with them since they do an awesome job. The technicians come in fairly good time. So, I have no desire to get rid of the warranty. I submit my claims over the phone and this last time I called was so late I kind of annoyed the lady on the phone. She wasn’t super helpful that night. I called her around 11:00 o’clock Central Time and I had to call back a couple times to get someone. But the guy that they’ve hired was awesome. He got right over there Saturday morning. I called him on his cellphone and he got it all taken care of. It was the furnace. It was cold that weekend and I had my three-year-old grandson with me. Home Warranty of America is a very good service and I appreciate their help. And I’ve told some people about them.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful rating based on your experience with our company. We certainly value you as a customer and look forward to servicing your future needs.

Please feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have a delightful weekend!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Our other home warranty was expiring so we got Home Warranty of America because they had an offer in pricing and because of the coverage they have. I’ve had it for a few months but we really haven’t had any problems in using HWA.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I had a house somewhere else and had it under Home Warranty of America. Recently I said to my wife that we should put this one under them as well. And our experience with them has been fine. When the hot water heater's pilot light went out, we couldn’t get it started. Their contractor came out and fixed it. Anytime we needed something, it gets done quickly. However, it was cheaper before but now, it’s going up every year.

Good Morning Jerry,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide an exceptional rating based on your experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction.

Regarding our renewal pricing, we apologize for the frustration the increase has caused. We work to provide the best value and prices to our homeowners, however, due to cost increases for parts and labor our prices are subject to change effective each renewal period.

Please feel free to reach out to one of our live chat agents at www.hwahomewarranty.com with your full contact information should you ever need our assistance. Thank you again and have an amazing day!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

The house had Home Warranty of America when we bought it and we just continued it. We've been in the house a little over eight years and we're at eight years with them last August. The price has gotten bad and I asked them to increase the deductible by a $100. This reduces it $3 a year but it's $56. It started out at about $400 so it's gone up quite a bit. And I can understand it. I try not to use them any more than I have to. They held the price of $400 for a long time and now all of a sudden, it's starting to bite a little bit. The price is a little high especially since I'm trying not to use them in fact. The last three times I've had people out to look at the air conditioning or the heat, I paid for it myself. I don't like the idea of using insurance just because I got it. Insurance is supposed to be for really bad things. The only thing I've ever used them for was for a heat pump.

I usually submit claims on the phone and the wait time takes 20 minutes. The music is one bad thing, it can be irritating. The sales reps are very nice though. I have to arrange a time directly with the vendor. But they respect the home warranty contract well enough that they give me a good time. It usually takes a couple of days or a day for a vendor to contact me once I’ve submitted a claim.

The problem that I have with this house is that it has a heat pump manufactured by Amana and it's not a very good thing, and it generally requires somebody to come out once a year or twice a year. They come out and put three pounds of stuff in it and it'll be all right. But a couple of years ago, they sent somebody out and it was determined that the evaporator coil was leaking and that's why it was losing Freon. And so they put an evaporator coil in but it turned out it was the wrong one. And it's giving me flow problems in the house. I've paid to have an independent guy from Lindale to come out several times and do some work on it as recommended by the Homeadvisor. And the guy said that they put a coil in which was not the specified coil for the evaporator unit. It caused the flow to be reduced and they have these resistors that do the emergency heat.

The heating unit from the heat pump has never worked and still they're not so I heat the house with emergency heat which is more expensive but it works and so I use it. But the evaporator coil made me mad that they put the wrong one in and not really told me about it. I'm sure they had problems getting the evaporator coil pump that’s why they used the wrong coil so they didn't have to buy the whole unit which would have been thousands of dollars. This was probably $1200 for the coil itself but that was irritating because I kept calling the vendor back about something rather and I couldn't get them to call me back. But other than that, experience has been good with Home Warranty of America.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have been a customer of Home Warranty of America for a little over two years. If I had any questions, they were readily available and answered my questions. And they put me in contact with somebody that was on their list of contractors, and they came out and took care of it. I just gave my co-pay. Overall, HWA's customer service is excellent. They’re quick and take care of whatever issues I have, and their price is fair. I’ve been happy with their service.

Good Morning Tiffany,

Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, social media or by live chat at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance. Thanks again and have a wonderful night!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The people who stayed in the house before I moved in had Home Warranty of America. I took it up after they left and renewed it since I need it for the house. Also, I wouldn’t have all that money out of pocket to do what I would need to do so the warranty does help in having things fixed and it comes in handy. However, they wouldn’t repair the sewer for me because those people had somebody come in from the outside to do it. When I applied the warranty, I told them that it wasn’t me who did it but they just told me they couldn’t do it. That was $1,200 and I had to borrow and I’m paying it back now.

But everything else is okay. I submit a claim over the phone and everyone is so nice. I like the way they talk to me and answer me, and they are very considerate. They also looked at my dryer and so far, the work they’re doing is good. They follow through on most of the things I have called about as well. I would recommend Home Warranty of America.

Good Morning Brenda,

Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, social media or by live chat at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance. Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I got Home Warranty of America when I bought my house. I filed a claim about my HVAC unit. It was really easy to submit a claim. I just did it all online and they called me back. The website is 100% super easy to navigate. The contractors were pretty good as well. However, it took about two and a half months for my HVAC unit to get fixed. There was an issue. They were trying to get parts because it's an old unit and they couldn't get the parts. They wound up just replacing the whole thing. Also, they only have a 60-day warranty on their work. As a matter of fact, with my HVAC unit, they installed it in February. And then I never used my AC. I turned on my air conditioning in May and there was an issue with it. It wasn't covered under warranty. So I had to pay another deductible. Even so, it's always been good with them and I never had any other issues.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Reported a leak with jetted bathtub. Repairman came out and replaced the pump but did not repair leak in waterline. HWA refused to pay for any further repairs, stating they did not repair jets under the warranty. It was not a jet that needed replacement, but the waterline under tub. They wasted my time and money on replacing the functioning pump, but did not repair the problem that I had reported.

Good Morning Angela,

Should there be any additional out of pocket expenses such as modifications or items not covered by the warranty, this will be discussed with you prior to any repairs or replacements. Unfortunately, not all claims can be (completely) covered per the contract's exclusions, and I apologize if these exclusions were not thoroughly explained to you previously. HWA does warranty 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts.

If you would like further clarification about your contract's terms, or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our live chat agents at www.hwahomewarranty.com and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you and have an amazing day!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We’re a real estate business and have a personal relationship with one of Home Warranty of America's local reps. Signing up using the website is easy. We filed a claim about two years ago and it wasn't a pleasant experience. The local rep explained what was going on with the company and that they hired some additional people to help with the claims. However, they need to make sure that they respond to claims in a timely manner.

Good Morning Drew,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this great review! We are proud to be your trusted home warranty provider and to give you a little peace of mind when it comes to your repair needs.

We are sorry to hear that your claims experience was less than exceptional. We have increased our staffing and improved our claims process. You have the option to submit a claim via the online portal, by phone or email.

Please don't hesitate to contact us or chat with a live agent at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance or have any questions or concerns. Thank you again and have a pleasant day!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Absolutely terrible, they deserve negative stars. You have no choice in the product repairs or replacement. They required us to pay more than needed because the brand they like to use would need modifications to fit in our home, those modifications were not covered. But they were only necessary because they wouldn't agree to use a different brand that would fit. They also required that we approve non covered repairs with the covered ones or they would not pay the covered ones.

Decided to cancel and that was a whole other nightmare that is still going. I did everything. Write, read the contract, cancelled in writing in the time frame. Called for confirmation multiple time. Called after receiving the confirmation email to check on refund status, was told they don't have a cancellation department I can speak with and that it would take 6-12 weeks to refund the premiums. Since then they have again charged my bank account (Over a month after I received confirmation of my cancellation). I cannot get any returned phone calls or emails. I have disputed the charges with my bank and am working on going that route.

Also watch out, they won't auto renew you the first year. But if you do renew then they will auto renew you but they will send you countless email and mail notifications that you need to renew, and your renewal deadline is approaching so you think if you ignore them it won't auto renew. Very shady unethical business. GO ELSEWHERE!

Hi Angela,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We wanted to take a moment to apologize that your experience was less than exceptional and would like to address your concerns. Please refer to our private message for assistance. Thank you and have a pleasant day!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I learned about Home Warranty of America from my son who had it. Although I haven't had any interaction with their sales representatives nor have I submitted a claim, it wasn't difficult signing up for service with them.

Good Morning Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback based on your enrollment experience with our company. We certainly value you as a customer and look forward to servicing your future needs.

Please feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have a delightful day!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Home Warranty of America is just a provider of policies in the real estate industry and I had hooked up with them years ago. They’ve done an okay job by me on other clients’ work, as well as the brands. The website is user-friendly and it’s really easy to submit a claim because you just go online and file. We’ve had some occurrences over the past years and all of the trades that have come to respond to any of our issues worked out really well for our rental properties.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

When I purchased my house, the people who gutted and rehabbed the house gave me Home Warranty of America. I've been with them for 7 years. When my refrigerator went out on me, there was so much confusion because if Home Warranty can't fix it, they'd have to replace it. I went through a lot of drama for them to replace it. I had to keep calling back and call different people just to get what I needed that was in that contract. I went through changes when I could've just been able to go to someone and they should have been able to fulfill what was written. And it only took a minute for Home Warranty to do what they needed to do. Something that should have taken at the most a month went to almost three to get the replacement done.

It made me nervous after that I actually went searching for another type of home warranty. But the competition out there was either on the same page or not even as good. I tried to reach someone on higher ground at Home Warranty when I was not getting the response I needed from customer service, but I couldn't reach anyone there. The managers didn't come to the phone and they didn't talk to me. A lot of things they wanted to do over the computer system by texting which was not always the correct way. I was spending my money and nobody wanted to be accountable. I was entitled to what was promised in that contract. But it was like everybody backed out. I got a voicemail but nobody called me back which was strange.

I looked online and I discovered that the people who originally owned Home Warranty didn't own it anymore, sold to somebody else. I went digging for who to talk to because my claim was not getting resolved and my refrigerator was still broken. And when I went back to the person who I originally dealt with in sales, she put me in another department and I felt like Dorothy in the land of Oz. I was like a dog chasing its tail. It wasn't a good experience but it wasn't my nature to back down. Home Warranty of America should have better communication when something goes wrong and they should definitely have a force one can go to and it's fulfilled. But other than that experience, I have recommended Home Warranty.

Good Morning Paula,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. It's perfectly understandable that you're very upset about the situation taking so long.

We truly apologize for the delay and inconvenience of having your refrigerator serviced. Occasionally, claims can run a bit longer, however, we strive to ensure that we get our homeowners' units up and running again as quickly as possible. Rest assured, we are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction.

Regarding your concern about a repair vs a replacement, HWA will only offer a replacement, if the item is no longer repairable or if the repair cost exceeds the replacement cost. We do warranty 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts from date of service.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need our assistance or have any questions or concerns. Thank you again and have a pleasant day!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I previously used American Home Shield and when my contract was up with them, I got Home Warranty of America just to try someone new. Once we submitted a claim, they took care of it. They also did their due diligence in sending a contractor and telling us who was going to contact us. On the other hand, more contractors with Home Warranty of America have either not shown up, not called or not followed up with the problem. I never experienced that problem with American Home Shield. They simply never follow up or we have to call them two or three times to tell them to send someone else.

Hi Darnell,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. We certainly want to apologize that you have had to go through many vendors to accomplish a resolution for your claim.

Regarding your concern about our vendor selection, we do have a dedicated vendor development department that reviews and approves service providers through an extensive process.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I compared prices of different home warranty providers and I saw that Home Warranty of America was better. Their process was very easy too. I have been with them for three years now. The sales representatives I dealt with had been very good, courteous, friendly and were very helpful when I'm trying to get the claim. I have called some of my claims in and I've also done some online. I have their website bookmarked and it is very easy to navigate it.

Hi Martin,

Feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have a delightful day!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Signing up for Home Warranty service was easy and their sales representatives were responsive, friendly and helpful. But I’m not pleased with Home Warranty. Whenever I call in for a service, my claim gets denied. Although, I’ve had claims that were approved. In my recent claim for ductwork, they sent service and I paid hundred dollars service fee then the technicians told me that they don’t cover the service. They referred to some page on the contract. So, I said, “Why would you even accept the claim and send out someone if you knew it was ductwork and it wasn't going to cover it?” It was a bit frustrating because I should be told upfront whenever I call if the service I’m claiming is not covered. With that, I wouldn’t recommend Home Warranty.

Good Morning Rebecca,

Regarding coverage, once a claim is submitted, a technician will come out to officially diagnosis the problem. The coverage will be based on the technician's diagnosis, recommended solution and the contract terms. Should there be any additional out of pocket expenses such as modifications or items not covered by the warranty, this will be discussed with you prior to any repairs or replacements.

If you would like further clarification about your contract's terms, or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you and have an amazing day!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I had a claim and Home Warranty of America handled it well so I renewed. I went online to submit the claim, got the phone number and then I called. The rep very kind and helpful. However, she said she had trouble getting a repairman down here and that was the only problem. They ended up sending somebody from Sears. He tried twice to fix the dishwasher. He told me he couldn't fix it and that it had to be replaced so they did.

Good Morning Charles,

Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, social media or by live chat at hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I couldn't be more disappointed with HWA's service. After my tankless hot water heater completely stopped working 13 days ago, I immediately placed a claim. The first plumber they sent was a no-show. The second was incompetent and did not do what he was supposed to to file the claim correctly. You would think that HWA would make sure their plumbers knew how to work with them since they only work with a select group. Since the second plumber messed up, a third plumber had to be sent who said the exact same thing as the second. HWA finally has authorized the claim to replace my hot water heater, but they will NOT cover the valve installation required to install the new unit, since my old unit has now been discontinued and cannot be exactly replaced.

After the $100 service call and the $200 charge to add a valve, I will be paying $300 for the replacement while they will be paying $200 for the replacement heater. They have moved incredibly slowly and have been incredibly insensitive to the fact that it is late November and I've been without hot water for 13 days now with "3-5 business days until a follow-up appointment for installation can be set". I have a 1 year old daughter and need hot water. I wish I would've just bypassed them entirely at this point and taken care of it myself. What a miserable headache and I'm not really even saving any money. In fact, I'm losing money once you factor in the yearly cost.

Good Morning Joshua,

Thank you for leaving us this review based on your firsthand experiences with our company. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Signing up with Home Warranty of America wasn't hard and it took three minutes to be completed. The company was recommended by our home mortgage. I submitted a claim for the dishwasher which was fine, and it didn’t take long at all. Our freezer, on the other hand, took eight different trips to get it fixed. And I almost did not renew this year. They couldn’t figure out what was going on. And the first one was the auger motor and the icemaker, which they didn’t cover at all. I ended up putting $383 out of my pocket in that freezer having a warranty.

The first person they sent didn’t know anything and didn't do anything. Another one came and he came back eight times before he finally got the freezer to work and it still doesn’t crush ice. He’s replaced everything, supposedly, but when I moved in here the refrigerator was making crushed ice, but it doesn't now. But it’s okay, I’m not going to mess with it. For $600 and some a year, I won’t go back with them next year. It’s a lot of money a year to pay and then they argue back and forth whether they want to pay for anything. I’ll find somebody else.

Good Morning Patricia,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction and apologize for the delay and multiple vendor visits in having your freezer serviced.

Unfortunately, not all claims can be (completely) covered per the contract's exclusions, and I apologize if these exclusions were not thoroughly explained to you previously. HWA will only offer a replacement, if the item is no longer repairable or if the repair cost exceeds the replacement cost, however, we do warranty 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts.

If you would like further clarification about your contract's terms, or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you and have a delightful day!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I was with a home warranty company that went out of business and I got referred to Home Warranty of America. I had a good recommendation from the real estate agent when I bought my house many years ago and it worked out. I called up, gave my credit card number and they asked if I'd do it monthly or all at once. If I do it monthly there's no charge or interest. Home Warranty of America is convenient if something breaks and the contractors are very good. But there's a two day delay or so between the time I call in the problem and getting the tech to come out.

Three months ago the built-in oven went out and they tried to fix it but they couldn’t so they replaced it. They gave me a thing to choose which one I wanted to put back in. It's new and they shipped it and put it in. Home Warranty of America is a very good company and I renewed the contract today. I was going to compare another company with them but I'm happy where I'm at.

Hi Ernest,

Feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have an exceptional day!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I did my research and Home Warranty of America was recommended. Signing up for the service was easy. I had a claim for something with a part that they would only cover part of it. It was a $3000 part, and they covered $700 of it. I had to go out and get my own part, so it took a little bit longer but I still didn’t have to pay for the entire thing. My experience was good and when I needed them, they’re there.

Good Morning Dishan,

Thank you for leaving us this exceptional review based on your firsthand experiences with our company. We are pleased to hear that you are greatly satisfied with the level of customer service you have received and look forward to servicing all your future needs. Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, social media or by live chat at hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance. Thank you again and have a pleasant day!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I've been with Home Warranty of America since 2013 and have had no problems with them. They came with the house I bought and I didn't see any use in changing them. Their representative was professional and did a fine job. When filing a claim, I contact them by phone, give them my contract number and tell them what the problem is. They then send someone over to take care of it. One time I had an air-conditioning problem and one of them said that it was the filters. I changed the filters and the battery then it worked and came back on. The latest one I did was for the drainage. The guy came in and flushed it out. He pushed out all the stuff that was coagulating and got it very clean. Home Warranty of America is a fine organization. I'm glad that I have their services. They've been professional and they send people who know what they're doing relative to the repair requested.

Good Morning Anthony,

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need our assistance. Thanks again and have a delightful day!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

When submitting a claim we first check to see if we’re insured for something and then if we can claim it or if there’s a problem with it. We typically submit the claim online and we submitted one for our printer. The technician seemed professional and he got the job done.

Good Morning Pete,

Please feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have a delightful day!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Home Warranty's service was good and the technician who came here was nice. The only problem was we had to wait for an ordered part but it wasn’t too long. Although, when I had the refrigerator done, Home Warranty should've just replaced the refrigerator rather than putting a new compressor because the refrigerator is a side-by-side and it's at least 12 years old, so something else is liable to go wrong. I told them that whatever they would've allowed me, I would've put up the difference and bought a new refrigerator but they didn't go for that. It’s stupid because the compressor costs money. The tech also had to come back again so we got charged for another visit.

Good Morning Mary,

Regarding your concern for a repair vs a replacement, HWA will only offer a replacement, if the item is no longer repairable or if the repair cost exceeds the replacement cost. We do warranty 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts.

Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, social media or by live chat at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance or have any questions or concerns. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I've been with Home Warranty of America for 20 years now. Filing a claim with them has been a bit of a hassle since I had to wait much longer than if I had just hired somebody. You also often wait online. My most recent claim was for my AC, and the experience was terrible. The guy HWA sent tried to fix the unit and he made it a teeny bit better. However, it was summer then and it was 110 degrees so I needed better than a teeny bit better. At that point, I wanted them to get me a new system but they just kept telling me that they can send somebody out to fix the unit.

I was in the heat for two weeks so I eventually just bought a new one because the warranty wasn't going to buy one. But some of the experiences I've had with them have been fine, especially if it's something more routine, easy and cheap, and their contractors have been better. I've had little plumbing things like clogged drains and they've been able to find me several choices of plumbers. I've also been able to get people in fast.

Good Morning Mare,

We truly apologize for the delay and inconvenience of having your AC system repaired. Occasionally, claims can run a bit longer, however, we strive to ensure that we get our homeowners' units up and running again as quickly as possible. Rest assured, we are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction.

Regarding your concern about a repair vs a replacement, HWA will only offer a replacement, if the item is no longer repairable or if the repair cost exceeds the replacement cost. We do warranty 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts.

Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone at 1-888-492-7359 or by live chat at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance or have any questions or concerns. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

When we were purchasing our home, our realtor gave us a list of companies to choose from. And I liked Home Warranty of America's coverage better. Our realtor handled the signup once we told her what we wanted, and the process was fairly easy. Submitting a claim has been very simple and very fast. I either do it online or I call, but I like to call and talk to somebody. The last thing we called about was our AC unit and we decided we wanted to purchase a new unit. So we took the cash value and then applied it towards the purchase of our new AC unit. And the process was easy, too.

HWA does a good job of getting people out to us quickly and it’s a pretty seamless process. I pay my $75 fee and then they take care of it. The only thing is some of their service providers aren’t necessarily the best quality. Sometimes they have people that don’t know what they’re doing and HWA is very rigorous about having the same guy come out if he didn’t do things right the first time. We had this problem with our AC last year. We had to have the coils replaced and the guys that came out and did a good job replacing the coils, but they clogged the drain line from the AC unit. And they did not know how to fix it and the guy who came out this year to fix our AC was the one who fixed it, finally, after a year. It wasn’t even a hard fix. But overall, our experience was satisfying, and I would definitely recommend them.

Good Morning Yomaris,

If you would like, we would be happy to submit feedback regarding your experiences with the vendors so that our vendor selection team can take this into account when renewing their contracts. If this is an option you would like to pursue, please feel free to reach out to our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I own two houses and I've had Home Warranty of America for years. The warranty is to cover anything that could go wrong inside the house if I get the correct amount of coverage, and they did all that, but they don't choose very good technicians. The techs take forever to do the repair and it took them five days straight of coming out to my home to replace an air conditioner because the guy would come whenever he could. The air conditioner required a new coil because the old one was shot and Home Warranty paid for the unit but not for the coil which wasn't covered. I had another air conditioner that went out and it took them almost three weeks to repair it. They couldn't get the right parts and wouldn't approve them. Home Warranty of America should be more responsive in terms of time and they need to get better service companies.

Good Morning Joseph,

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We bought a home and the previous owners purchased a one year warranty prior to selling the house to us. It was very easy to renew the warranty. I did it online and over the phone. Home Warranty of America even mailed an application form if I wanted to do it through mail. I called Home Warranty of America with a question because our first year expired at the end of September but I renewed in August. I wanted to be sure there was no double billing happening. I talked with a representative and she assured me that would not be the case. When I checked my credit card statement, it was true.

We had several claims throughout the year and we found Home Warranty of America to be quick in response. Submitting a claim online was extremely easy and the website is user-friendly. Every contractor I've worked with has been superb and the overall quality of work was excellent. Home Warranty of America provided excellent service and I’m especially grateful for the contractors. I’m home by myself and I hear terrible stories all the time when having a man come to a home but the contractors were respectful, courteous, pleasant and got the work done.

Good Morning Tina,

Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, social media or by live chat at hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance. Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

When we bought our house, our real estate agent who is a good friend of ours recommended Home Warranty of America 'cause we have a swimming pool and if anything breaks on it, it's going to be super expensive. We've used them quite a few times and it's always been good. The reps have been very professional and thorough, and they make sure that they understand the problem. We've had whoever they call to service come depending on what we're having done and it's always done within a very timely manner. We've always been pleased with the service that we've received as well. They should be more responsive in terms of time and get better service companies, but we've been very pleased with HWA and we'll continue to use them.

Good Morning Deborah,

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I've been with Home Warranty of America for five years now and as long as I don't have a reason to use it, it's good for them and for me as well. I've gotten a call here and there and their customer service was fine. I would recommend Home Warranty of America to my friends.

Good Afternoon Bertha,

Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, social media or by live chat at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance. Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend!

Home Warranty of America Company Information