toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Home Warranty of America

Hi Evelyn, thank you for your review! I'm so glad you've had a good experience, and we are happy to be your home warranty service. I apologize for the poor experience you had with your plumbing claim, but I'm happy we were able to resolve it for you. If you have any future questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out! -Jennifer

Original review: May 27, 2017

We’ve been with Home Warranty of America for over a year now. The previous owners of our house bought the warranty and it was transferred to our name when we bought the house. We’ve had claim after claim with Home Warranty of America. Apparently, the previous owners got the claim because they knew that the house was needing a lot of repairs.

The first day we were in the house, my husband wanted to take a shower. The hot water heater didn’t work. It took Home Warranty a week before they could get a plumber out to fix it, so my husband had to take cold showers for a week so he could go to work. Then Home Warranty went to take the hot water heater out and they couldn’t get the main valve turned off with the water department out at the road. And it’s just been one after another claim. I’ve had to call them pretty much all year. Every time we would turn something on, it would be something else like the AC unit and furnace. But the warranty people had been really good and very helpful. They sent somebody out and they had done great. We’ve got pretty much everything under control at this point, but we extended the warranty because Home Warranty had been so helpful.

The only thing that I had a difficulty with was one of the plumbing group that they had sent out. There were two plumbers who came in. The older one was standing there looking at me up-and-down for I was trying to do work while he had the younger guy, who was an apprentice, do the work. When everything was done, we had to have the city people come out because we've had issues with turning off of the main water valve to get everything turned over. They came out and they found out that the plumber didn’t replace the fittings which they said they did and just sanded them down.

I told the warranty people that I didn’t want this company back in my house. If they’re going to try to do us dirty, that’s not the way to be. And so, Home Warranty sent somebody else out and the other company had done a wonderful job. But other than that, we’ve had great contractors come out through Home Warranty and we’ve had wonderful service with them. It’s been great.

Home Warranty of America

We appreciate your feedback, Bibi! Please reach out to us at digitalcare@directenergy.com if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you, - Ally

Original review: May 20, 2017

The home we purchased has an existing home warranty with Home Warranty of America and we continued using it. It's been super easy submitting a claim and I do everything right online or I call in if I have any problems. Generally, Home Warranty of America send me an email immediately with who the contractors are going to be. Then either the contractor will contact me within 24 hours or I contact the contractor.

The contractors have all been also easy to work with and straightforward. The quality of their work has been extremely good. I only had one particular problem with the house that I have been dealing with over and over again. I was having some plumbing issues and every six months or so, our washer line blows over and the contractors have to come in and get the line because of the dishwasher lining. Some of the contractors didn't want to do that. But after the fourth time, they had to do it and the contractor who worked on it was easy-going. The only problem was, every time I called in, I got a different contractor so I would have to explain the situation to the new contractor all over again. Other than that, I haven't had any major complaints and I could not own my house without my home warranty.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for the excellent rating, Manish! We appreciate your business and we are happy to hear we are able to meet your home repair needs. Have a great day! - Ally

Original review: May 18, 2017

I've been carrying a home warranty for almost 20 years and it's a good investment. And I've been using Home Warranty of America for 14 years by now. I have multiple companies because I'm also an investor. And I usually just call Liz, from the Chicago office, and she sets them up with with all of the companies every year. When submitting a claim, 90% of the time has been a good experience. The technicians are pretty good and professional. They know what they're doing and they come with the right tools. After the repair, the appliance performed the way it did before and there's no degradation in the performance.

But with any service provider, you're always gonna have one or two cases where the service is not really satisfactory. A few months ago, the guy who did the job, probably did it correctly, but the problem came back within the next few months. The warranty claims they're usually covered for 90 days. So, if the problem comes back after 91 days, you have to start a new claim. But all in all, they are an excellent company with an excellent service. I'm a real estate agent and I would rank them number one of all the companies. So, I refer people to Home Warranty of America.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Arthur, thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback, and we are happy to be your home warranty provider! I am so glad to hear that we have handled your claims satisfactorily, and if you have any questions in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 13, 2017

The past owners of the house we bought have paid for one year of warranty from Home Warranty of America, and we just continued it. I have already done business with them thrice, one for the time I had a pipe under the sink to open up, one for some knocking in my pipes, and one for an electrical problem, and I have liked the way they conduct business. I just wish that the knocking on my pipes was covered because they actually had to put in a different valve on the water line. I had to pay that out of my pocket along with a $100 fee for the plumber. Accessing them is very easy, as I can do everything online. The rep that I have come in contact with is also likable, knowledgeable, and has helped me get my problem solved.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Milagros, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that we have not lived up to your expectations. We are constantly working to improve our processes so that our reviewing of claims becomes more efficient. Unfortunately, we cannot always cover every part of a claim, but we do strive to be sure that what is and is not covered is as clear as possible through both our contracts and our customer service representatives. I apologize if this did not come across in our communications with you. If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com with your name, claim number, and full address, and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you, -Jennifer

Original review: June 12, 2017

Home Warranty of America doesn’t listen to their customers, their response is not fast, and is expensive, even for the co-pay. Sometimes, other repairs are not even included in their services. There are lot of other companies out there that have a better price and better service.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Tony, thanks for your review! We are proud to be your home warranty provider. I apologize for the delays that you have experienced regarding your prior claims. We are continually working to improve our processes, and we appreciate your feedback. Have a great rest of your day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 12, 2017

Signing up for Home Warranty of America was painless. Everything was aligned and they automatically billed my card. My only complaint is that when I do file a claim, it always takes them some days to get a contractor out. I like to get someone out here within 24 hours or the next day at least.

Home Warranty of America

Hi James, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are proud to be your trusted home warranty provider, and to serve both you and your tenants. If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to reach out to us at digitalcare@hwahomearranty.com and we would be happy to help. Have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 11, 2017

When I bought my first condo, the seller included Home Warranty of America as part of the deal. I've worked with HWA for nine years and every time, they've been very professional so I've been very happy so far. Submitting claims online is very easy. My tenants call the assigned vendor and schedule their service then I am billed on my credit card. HWA has been very reliable ever since I've had them that's why I've kept renewing every year. I'm completely satisfied.

The seller of the new home we purchased included Home Warranty of America. So far, we've used it twice. I called and filed a claim, and then they set up a vendor to come out. My interactions with their vendors were very pleasant. And for the most part, we were satisfied with the outcome and we just renewed it recently.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

Home Warranty of America

Hi Gloria, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are proud to be your trusted home warranty provider. I apologize for the delay on your refrigerator claim, sometimes parts can take a little time to come in, especially if they are backordered. If you need any further assistance, or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at digitalcare@hwahomearranty.com and we would be happy to help. Have a fantastic day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 10, 2017

When I purchased my home, the former homeowners had Home Warranty of America so I just continued the service. It was pretty easy getting it transferred to my name. After the warranty expired, they called me back and asked me if I do want to continue and I told them yes. My dealings with their reps were pleasant. They were knowledgeable, described everything and helped me to get the sign-in process going. However, I'm still waiting for them to fix the refrigerator because they came before and they thought they fixed it but the problem is still there. It was the fridge that was left from the previous owners and the ice maker never works. They ordered a part and they're waiting for it to come before they come back and fix it but they were very good technicians. Their claims reps also helped me get the claim processed promptly. Overall, I have a very good experience with them.

I purchased Home Warranty of America with my home. The first time I had a claim, the hot water heater went out. They couldn't fix it and had to replace it. Then, the second time we called was when the microwave went out and they replaced it. Also, one time I called about a vent in the guest bathroom. The guy who came didn't do anything. He came and said it looks like it's brand new and never installed. He took out the motor of the heating element in the bathroom vent and said he'll check it and that I'd hear back from him but I never saw the guy again. It's the guest bathroom so I don't really use it but I recently got a brand new one installed in there.

Then, the last time we filed a claim was when we thought there was a leak in the pipe in the wall and the plumber told me he's not allowed to open the wall so he made me do it. I opened up the wall and it turned out there was no leak. I think the water just went over the side of the tub and made it look like it was leaking but there was nothing. I tore out the wall towards the bottom to where it was manageable and it wasn't that bad. We like other options and Home Warranty of America should give a person more than one company. It's useful and it comes out.

Home Warranty of America

Hi James, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are proud to have been your trusted home warranty provider, and we will be sorry to see you go. If you have any questions in the future or would like to set up a new contract, please feel free to reach out to us and we would be happy to help. Have a fantastic day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 9, 2017

We got home warranty to take care of problems and save money. The signup process and the service were good. We have filed claims over the years and when we needed them, we called. Home Warranty of America sent people out and paid for it. Everything was good but now we're selling our house and I'm gonna discontinue it.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Matt, thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback, and we are proud to be your home warranty provider. If there are any questions in the future we can help answer, please let us know. Have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 9, 2017

I've been working with Home Warranty of America for about a couple of years. Their website was very user-friendly and I’d recommend them.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Jeremy, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to be your agency's home warranty provider, and we are glad that we have been able to assist you to your satisfaction. If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to reach out so that we may assist you further. Have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 8, 2017

My wife signed up with Home Warranty of America online and our claim with them went great. They sent out a technician the next business day. Though the technician had to order some parts, they turned it around relatively quickly and was friendly, and it was cost-effective. Overall, it's been easy, low touch, and responsive. We renewed our membership this year and I would recommend it to anybody.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Beverly, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to be your agency's home warranty provider. I do apologize for the issues you've had regarding the vendors with some of your claims--safety is our number one priority, and we are very concerned that one of our vendors violated this priority. If you have not submitted a complaint already, please contact us at digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com with the homeowner's information so that we may send that information on to our vendor selection team. Unfortunately, we do have a limited number of vendors in some areas, but we are constantly working to expand our vendors so that we may provide our services more quickly and efficiently. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out so that we may assist you further. Thank you, and have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 8, 2017

I'm a realtor and it's my job to learn about all the different warranties. I chose Home Warranty of America because we have a house that is on a well and a septic. When we signed up, the folks that they had working were always pretty informed and patient in explaining things. And at the price that they were charging which was comparable to everybody else, their policy covered a well pump and septic cleaning. I've had them since 2008 but in the last couple of years, they increased their rates and dropped those things off which irritates the heck out of me. And if I want them, I have to pay an extra $70.

I recently submitted a claim for an electrical problem with the garage lights late last summer. The lights would go on and sometimes it wouldn't. They sent an electrician out and allegedly fixed it. Then the lights started doing the same thing and it didn't seem to stop. So we put a piece of black paper across it and had no lights in the garage.

They sent another electrician out and I paid another $75 for the same thing. He discovered that the people who previously worked on it had put in the wrong kind of switch and it wasn't grounded properly. He also told us it's a wonder we didn't get shocked from touching the switch. It's been fixed now but the previous people who HWA sent out should be in a different business because they certainly didn't fix the electrical problem. It's a very big deal if they left it not grounded properly. We weren't touching it because we thought that there might be something in the wiring and we didn't want to have any fires in the house. We had no idea that we could get shocked and have our hair thrown. I am gonna call HWA and complain about that.

HWA needs to better screen the people that they send out to do the repairs. Previously, they sent some guy out who came three times to fix the ice maker on the refrigerator and never fixed it. My husband went online and got the paperwork on it then went down to an appliance parts place, talked to them, and they told him what the problem was. He ordered the part which was about $200 then replaced it. It was the faceplate on the control panel on refrigerator which is the one that set the temperature on.

Also, I just worked with one company when my neighbor's refrigerator went out. It took them five days to come. Then they decided they needed a part and it was about six days that they got it fixed. So these people were without a refrigerator for 11 days. HWA said they only have one service provider in this area and the company came out of Nashville which is about 50 miles away. I'm not sure how many provider HWA works with but I know they work with at least two different air conditioning people because I've dealt with two with clients that have had to have AC work done. Nevertheless, my experience with HWA is as good as most and better than a lot. They've got some good technicians on the other claims that we've had. We had somebody come out when the air conditioner wasn't working and he was very thorough. He fixed some issues and we've not had a problem with it since.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Michelle, thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the frustrating experience you've had regarding this claim, and would like to help make things right. Please email digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com with your claim number, telephone number, and full address so we can further assist you. -Jennifer

Original review: June 7, 2017

I made a claim with Home Warranty of America because our ac went out. The vendor came out and checked the equipment and told us that we had a coolant leak and our evaporator coil and condenser needed to be replaced. HWA stated that they received the diagnosis from the vendor but had to wait for authorization before it could be fixed. This took 3 days. Several phone calls later and it's 80 degrees in the house. I stressed to them that this was becoming a medical emergency because I had asthma.

It a week for them to get authorization and the proceeded to tell us that the part needed to be ordered. By this time it's been 10 days without air conditioning. You call the HWA to get a status report and get stopped by the service rep and can't speak with anyone else. I'm so tired of "I understand and I know your frustration." We still have no air and haven't heard from the vendor about the part. The absolute lack of help or customer service in this situation is appalling. Don't bother asking for a supervisor either... you'll just get transferred to someone's voicemail and hung up on.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Jereamiah, thank you for leaving a review. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you've had with one of our vendors; we have left feedback with our vendor selection team regarding your experience. I also apologize for the delay that you experienced with your claims. We are continually working to update our processes so that we can review claims more efficiently. If there are any other concerns you would like us to address, please feel free to email us at digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com with your name, claim number, and address, and we will be happy to assist you further. -Jennifer

Original review: June 7, 2017

I had an issue with the air conditioning and the refrigerator in a home I just purchased. I had purchased a home warranty through HWA during closing. That was a Bad, Baaad decision. Anyway, thinking that the warranty was there to provide coverage if something isn't working, I filed a claim for the two malfunctioning units. Here's where it goes off the tracks: HWA sends out an HVAC tech that walks in my home, barely acknowledges me, and wont stop yelling at someone on his mobile phone, in Russian. He doesn't ask what's wrong, but starts tearing apart the furnace in the mechanical room. He then says "You need acid wash coil, that fix problem." He didn't even diagnose the issue, which was semi-cool air coming out of the registers. Hint, might have been low freon. He spends 30 minutes telling me I have to purchase a maintenance plan before he can "properly diagnose" the problem. I kicked him out.

The aggravation then kicked into full gear when I tried to get another tech out there. Long story short, HWA's reps were rude, condescending, slick, and spent more time ducking, dodging, diving, and squirming their way out of covering ANY part of the repair than in actually trying to honor the warranty. It was crazy, I would be typing all day to document half the nonsense that took place. In regards to the refrigerator, it took almost two months for HWA to approve a $300 repair. Meanwhile, I had to keep food in a cooler. I was told by two of the subsequent HVAC companies to save my money and pay for repairs on my own as HWA, to paraphrase, was a nightmare to work with. That's what TWO HVAC owners told me.

After going through additional HOURS of telephone garbage with HWA reps, I finally called and canceled the contract. I'd rather chew on glass than spend another minute talking to another HWA representative. I bought the home with a VA loan, and as a recently discharged veteran, I cannot be more clear when I say avoid this company AT ALL COSTS. Fellow vets, if a real estate agent offers you an HWA warranty as part of the home buying process, POP SMOKE ON THE SPOT. TRUST ME, TAKE IT FROM ME, I AM TELLING YOU, HWA will spend more time trying to invent ways NOT to honor the contract. I swear to you, HWA, in my opinion, and from experience, is best avoided. I'll tell ya that for free.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Eric, thank you for leaving a review. I apologize that your experience with this claim did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse charges from a vendor that we have not already approved through our processes, as described in your contract. I apologize that this was not communicated to you clearly, and will pass on this feedback so that we may continue to improve our communication and processes. I also sincerely apologize that the first vendor was unable to work on your system, and I will send this feedback to our vendor selection team to note this. If you have any future questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com. -Jennifer

Original review: June 7, 2017

I have been a customer with HWA now for about a year ever since buying my new home. They advertise a great experience, but when it comes down to the time where they need to step up and help you they are nowhere to be found. I bought two years of initial coverage on my new home, really had never had to use them until just a couple of days ago. As the weather shifted towards summer, my AC unit was not blowing out cold air and our house was miserably hot with temperatures reaching the 100's outside. I called to use my HWA warranty to get my AC unit looked at. They gave me a local vendors information, and said he would be in contact with me.

First, of all he never called within a reasonable time frame so I called him. Secondly, he said he is no longer taking claims for home warranty's. At this point I was not going to make my family suffer anymore in a hot house waiting for them to find me another vendor to get him out to my home. So I called a local AC service company who are the best in my area. They were out there to fix it the same day. it cost me $430 dollars for them to do the repair and get my AC running again.

Usually when this happens you are able to submit a receipt and get a refund for your troubles. Did this happen? You all know the answer... Of course not, instead of taking responsibility for their mistake of not checking with the vendor before referring me to them. They said I violated the contract by getting another vendor (who did the same work as their vendor would have done to fix my AC system). They would have paid the same amount anyway regardless it needed to be fixed. They said there was nothing they could do for me and they would give me no reimbursement.

So the one time I needed to use my warranty. They referred me to a unreliable vendor, wanted my wife and newborn son to sit in a 90 degree home for more days until their vendor could come (who knows how long that would have taken), and instead of having some integrity and taking responsibility for their mistake, they make a loyal customer pay for the repair himself. I am so dissatisfied with my experience with these people and would never refer them to any of my family and friends.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Lois, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to be your trusted home warranty provider. I do apologize for the wait time on your parts--we strive to resolve claims as quickly and efficiently as possible, and are constantly working to be better at this. If you have any questions in the future, or any feedback about how we can improve, please feel free to reach out to us! Have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 7, 2017

We heard about Home Warranty of America through the people that we bought the home from. I signed up for service on my computer. We didn’t have everything complete, so my daughter suggested that we get on the computer and find their address. We found them with the little information that we had. They came out when I needed them and that was the first time I’ve had to use them. We had to wait a while for the parts to come and the time it took to get it done was exactly what they said. By being patient, we waited on them and they were honest and worked hard to get it done. They did a great job and I trust them to do a good job again so we continued to stay with them. We extended our warranty because they were fair when we called them. I would recommend them to a friend.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Kayleigh, thank you for your review. I apologize for the delay you've experienced with this claim, and for the frustration it has caused. We are constantly working to improve our processes, and your feedback will aid in that. I see that your claim has been resolved, but if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com. -Jennifer

Original review: June 7, 2017

Terrible company, stay away!! Monday 5/29 I called and filed a claim for my AC unit not working. Tuesday 5/30 they sent out a technician to diagnose the problem, he told me I need a new compressor and it's covered but it may take just a couple days to get the part here and he's call me the following day to let me know. Well the following day came Wednesday 5/31 no one called me from either parties. Mind you I live in Nevada and it's been 105 all week long. I have two small children and two dogs. So I called the AC company to see what's going on and they told me they still don't have anything in their system on me and that I need to call HWA.

So I called Home Warranty of America towards the end of the day to see what was going on, they told me that I need the compressor replaced which I knew already then they dropped a bomb on me that I need to pay $900 for freon! Because they have to replace the freon when they replace the part. Ok so that's how that conversation ended. I was pissed. Thursday 6/1 goes by still no AC. My thermostat in my house says 96. I decided to call HWA back. The woman told me that the part has been ordered and I have to call the AC company to ask them when they'd be out because they couldn't tell me that.

So I then call the AC company and they say they still have nothing in their system on me! So you can see now how aggravating this is getting. I call HWA back and speak to a different woman who informed me that my claim has not been approved or submitted because I never said I agree to pay the $900. What?! No one ever ever said to me that I needed to say I agree to pay $900 when I called on Wednesday. So finally they move forward with my claim and the part didn't get ordered till Friday 6/2 and I was being told 24-48 hours. Well 24 hrs later I called the AC company. They still had nothing and he also told me they don't work on the weekend so now I'm back to calling HWA to see where the part is, the man I spoke with told me it takes 3-5 business days.

GREAT. So in the meantime I'm having to pay to stay in hotels with my kids. My poor dogs have to stay in my house with multiple fans on them and tons of water. They've been just as miserable as all of us. Called HWA Monday, was told they can't track the part, have to wait. I asked to speak to a supervisor. It connected me to an answering machine. Well finally 9 days and $1,400 later it's finally being taken care of. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, TERRIBLE COMPANY. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR HOME AT ALL!! STAY AWAY.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Samantha, thank you for leaving us a review! We are proud to be your home warranty provider, and are happy that you are satisfied with your service. If we can assist you with any questions in the future, please feel free to reach out and we will be happy to help. Have a fantastic day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 6, 2017

I first heard of Home Warranty of America from my real estate agent when I purchased my house. I went on the internet and signed up and it was very easy. The price is okay and the service that I had was fine. I filed a claim online for my refrigerator during my first year. The refrigerator people called to set up a time to come out, they came, and I paid the copay.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Isabel, thank you for leaving us feedback today. I apologize that our customer service did not meet your expectations, and for the lack of communication at the end of your contract. If you would like, I would be happy to pass this feedback along to our management team so that we may review our processes and be sure that this does not happen again. Could you please send me your name, claim number, telephone number, and full address, along with a short summary of this review, to digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com? Thank you once again for your feedback, and please enjoy the rest of your day. -Jennifer

Original review: June 5, 2017

I had Home Warranty of America because they offer the water softener protection. When I first signed up it was excellent. I dealt with a very nice lady. The second time around I was very disappointed, even looked around to have another home warranty, but because I didn't want a break or a lapse in my coverage I still went ahead. I wasn't on automatic renewal. So what happened was they take my payment out automatically every month and at the end of my contract they only took the last one and then five days later when I noticed the money didn't come out, I called them and that's when they told me that my contract had ended. And I said, "Well, nobody sent me a letter or nothing." And I didn't get that letter until almost two weeks later that they had canceled me already. I was still waiting for the money to come out.

I went ahead and paid the girl. Just the three payments, "Take my $200 and something and put me back on." She said, "Oh, yeah, you don't have to wait. If you need service, just call us and we'll come out if you need, any warranty issues." And that wasn't even true. I called a week after I paid and the guy said, "Nope, you let it lapse." I'm like, "No, I didn't. You guys never sent me a notice." What I knew is I was on automatic enroll. It's not like I waited a month to decide. The supervisor was supposed to call me and no supervisor called. So needless to say, their customer service is not what it should be. But I have them already so I don't have a choice. The management should follow through and give me a call back as far as a disappointed customer.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Travis, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize for the delay on this claim, and can definitely understand your frustration. We are constantly working to improve our processes so that we become faster and more efficient, and always welcome feedback to assist in this endeavor. If you have any other specific questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com and we would be happy to help. -Jennifer

Original review: June 5, 2017

I wasn't happy with the home warranty service I had before. It was relatively easy to set up with Home Warranty of America and the vendor was easy to work with, but getting HWA to respond took some time. After we made the claim for oven repair, the vendor came out and then he put in his recommendation. But once the vendor had given his estimate, it took a while for HWA to get back. It took the part about two weeks to get there even though it always was taking a couple of days. Then it turned out to be the wrong part that was delivered and it still took another couple of weeks to get this resolved.

All in all, it took almost a month to get our oven fixed. That was pretty inconvenient and altered our eating habits. They actually ended up replacing the oven, so I was satisfied with that. But it took that long for them to diagnose the problem to be able to do the repair. Overall, they're convenient to have but it takes time to get the repairs made.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Pamela, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to be your trusted home warranty provider. I do want to apologize that our limitations regarding claim coverage weren't explained to you fully. If you have any questions about that in the future, we would be happy to walk through that with you. Have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 4, 2017

We bought an older house and somebody recommended Home Warranty of America to us. I’ve never bought a home before so I didn’t know. But we’ve used them a couple of times and it’s been okay. The initial claim was to have service and it’s all to do with our air-conditioner mainly. We had the old unit supposedly repaired and then four days later, it went out again. They sent the same people and they were trying to charge us the second time. I told them that it was in four days and I’m not paying them $75 for the same thing they should have fixed in the first place. They agreed that it was within 30 days so they waived that, but we had to talk to them to get an answer. They answer the phone anyway so that's convenient and they do not put you on a long hold. Their customer service is good.

This last time, the air conditioner wasn’t repairable, so it got replaced. Our unit happens to be on the roof and they didn’t pay for the crane. The provider they have is a one-guy thing so, he had to hire somebody to help him because he couldn’t lift that up all by himself. We had to pay for that guy’s services as well. It’s not an automatic though that because they’re a provider they recommend, they’re gonna cover all the cost of that provider. That cost me a little more and I wasn’t aware that certain things wouldn’t be covered so, that was kind of a surprise. There were little surprises that we got stuck with, but you can’t live in Nevada, especially Las Vegas, without any air. Also, it’s still a lot less than paying for the whole situation so, it was still okay.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Recoll, thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to be your trusted home warranty provider. I apologize that your rewards have been delayed--I have re-inputted your Dining Dough promotion, so you should receive an email soon. If you do not, please feel free to reach out to us at digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com, and we would be happy to assist you further. Have a fantastic day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 3, 2017

Home Warranty of America came up with a sign-in bonus and I haven’t heard anything back since. I also was supposed to get some gift cards to a food place when I re-signed with them but I haven’t received it yet. But other than those, their technicians have been good and it's been a pretty cool experience with them.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Wykeisha, thanks for taking the time to leave us with feedback! We are proud to be your home warranty provider, and are happy that we've been able to assist you with your repair needs. If you have any questions in the future about a claim, please feel free to reach out to us, and we will be happy to help. Have a fantastic day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 3, 2017

When I purchased my house, Home Warranty of America came with it and the sellers gave the extended warranty. When the contract was expiring, HWA gave me the option to keep the service with me taking over the payments, and that was simple and easy. I only had to use the warranty for two services which went fine. I was able to outsource and choose my own person to come out and service my unit quicker than the person that they sent out. Then I did a simple reimbursement. I like the fact that if I wanted someone else versus who they wanted, they reimbursed me. When I had a defective heat sink, I explained what I needed to the tech they sent out and he didn't have the part. I had to wait an additional week for him to come back and perform the service. Once it was fixed, everything has been good.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Tamara, thank you for leaving us this feedback. I apologize that your dishwasher was not fixed the first time, and would like to follow up with you. I am sending you a private message with information about how you can get in touch with us. Thank you for your patience, and looking forward to hearing from you! -Jennifer

Original review: June 2, 2017

I submitted a claim to Home Warranty of America for our leaking dishwasher over the phone. I have no complaints with the technician they sent to fix the unit. He kept to himself, and just focused on his work. However, the dishwasher is leaking again when I ran it this morning. This is despite the technician coming around twice already to fix the problem. He said there were some things that needed repair but since then, I haven’t heard anything from him. I don’t know if we need to set up another service call to get him back out here to fix some things because my husband talks to him. It looks like we may need to get somebody out here.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Jennifer, thanks for leaving a review! I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed our GreenPlus plan so far. I do apologize for the frustration you experienced regarding your claim, and that you had a negative experience with our customer service representatives. I am glad that we were able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. If I can help answer any questions in the future, please feel free to contact us at digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com, and I will be happy to assist. Enjoy the rest of your day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 2, 2017

Home Warranty of America came with the house. We just need to renew and if I re-sign early, I would get thumbs up to a green plan, which is an environmental-friendly plan. I did that and seemed pretty easy to do. However, my interactions with their sales were not super positive. Initially, we had an issue with a claim. Then secondary, the person they called to come fix something gave me information that the equipment is broken. All he does is drop a sump pump and then fix it, and that he doesn't need to come out. Therefore, I would just submit the bill to the Home Warranty. We said okay and then they gave us a huge runaround.

When I did a Better Business Bureau complaint, they finally settled the issue. I've submitted a claim both through online and phone call. Online is fine, but you don’t get any callback. If they don’t do it by the book per their request, they're very difficult to manage the issue with. For the first claim, they were great. But for the other one, they were not so friendly. They're about half, 50-50, good-bad.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Harold, thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to be your home warranty provider. I apologize that there was no follow-up once you set up your appointment, but I am glad that everything was straightened out in the end. If you have any questions in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us, and we'd be happy to help! Have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 2, 2017

Every time I move, if it's not a new house, I always get a home warranty. Our real estate agent suggested we get Home Warranty of America. We had to call them Friday because our air conditioner went out. The only thing was when we set up the person Friday at 4 o’clock, there was no follow up. I actually had to follow up with them 8:00 Saturday morning. I called back and we found somebody else to come out. About the only problem we had is they weren’t really familiar with the area. But once we got them on the phone and got everybody straight on where I lived, it went pretty quick. Everything was good this time. The last time I called, the girl was Indian and I had a hard time understanding her. I had an Indian girl this time but it wasn't bad.

Factual basis uncertain

Home Warranty of America

Hi Robin, thank you for leaving your feedback. I apologize for your poor experience regarding this claim. I am following up in a private message to assist you further. -Jennifer

Original review: June 1, 2017

We have been with HWA for 9 years. The service from HWA themselves has never been nice or congenial. They use the bottom of the barrel vendors. 2 years ago we had a bathtub faucet on the hot water side go bad in the bathtub. We called. They sent a vendor out. They changed only the hot water knob and charged 100 dollars. That was fine. But less than 2 years later the same problem same knob. The plumber came out. Another 100 dollars and he was there a total of 15 minutes. Only changed out the knob with a 5 dollar knob.

I called HWA and asked them. Couldn't he check the stem to make sure that there wasn't a bigger problem? I was told that they would be glad to send someone else out to check that out for another 100 dollars. I told her that I was really unhappy with the service not fixing things correctly. She told me that unfortunately repairs are usually only good for 2 years or so. I then told her to cancel our contract (after 9 years). She retorted that she would be glad to but just a reminder that people who make rash decisions usually end up regretting them.

They have to be the worst home warranty service ever. STAY AWAY. They could care less if you get fixed or not. And honestly at 600 dollars a year and then 100 a call I think I can do better on Angie's List. I work for a A+ Angie's List Air and Electric company and if I talked that way to our customers I would be fired. I think they are the rudest company I have ever dealt with.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Jeffrey, thanks so much for reaching out and leaving us a review! We are happy to be your home warranty provider, and we are glad that you are pleased with our service. If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist. Have an amazing day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 1, 2017

Home Warranty of America was included when we bought the home. Signing up was a piece of cake and it was done by the Realtor so we didn't really have to do anything. Same thing with the renewing. They send us the bill and we just pay it once a year. We have it on automatic credit card payment so when the bill comes up, it charges the credit card out and everything stays active. We had renovated and put one unit of air conditioner in one of our little rooms and it is just not working. We put a claim in on Thursday and the technician has already called and set an appointment and they're coming out Tuesday. Every time I call, everybody's fine and knowledgeable. They help us with the process and get the claim taken care of usually within a day or two. So far, all the technicians have been great as well. It's a pleasure doing business with HWA.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Louis, thank you for leaving a review! I apologize that a few of your experiences with us were less than excellent, and we will absolutely take your feedback into consideration. We are constantly working to expand the number of vendors we contract with so that we can assist homeowners more quickly; however, getting a technician out immediately is not always possible. I also apologize that you felt belittled when speaking with our customer service agents--this is definitely not our intention. When possible, we prefer to double check our numbers to be sure they are entered correctly and that we have received the correct information. If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com, and we would be happy to assist you. Have a wonderful day! -Jennifer

Original review: June 1, 2017

When I bought the house, the realtor recommended Home Warranty of America. This would be my second year with them and I've been satisfied so far, except for two experiences last year. I called for a certain repair for the air condition and it was covered. It wasn't even a big part but they couldn't get a hold of any air conditioning people. Plus, they didn't even return my calls. That was very, very negligent. It was peak hot weather and I had all the doors opened but the house was just building up more heat. So, I ended up calling technicians myself and paying out of my pocket. They came and fixed it right away. I was very irate and I almost did not renew my contract but my wife said, "Let's give them one more chance." But I was not pleased at all.

Another thing I was not pleased at all with was they kept on calling saying my contract is about to expire. I told them that can't be because I had sent the money on time, at the start of last month. Then they said that if I renew, they would send me coupons. But I never got anything in the mail. I wasn't really interested in them anyway but if they call and offer things, they should comply with it. They're dealing with adults, not kids. And they never said they received the money. Moreover, I called them up for a repair on our refrigerator and the lady said my contract was going to be up in a couple of days and that they never got the money. But I have a notebook where I put everything down when I mail things, the date I mailed it, the check number and the amount that I mailed it for. Then I asked to be connected to the billing section.

Over a month after, I called again and the lady said, "We just received it. What's the check number? Is it so and so?" I said, "Oh, my God. Like I'm a little school kid." They should have received it, at least, three days after I mailed it. I was about to go ballistic again and I said maybe I'm just gonna get somebody else. I've had too many experiences like that and I don't like it. But after that, they had responded the times I've called them up. So I'm happy except for that experience I had that I mailed them and they said they hadn't received it.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Jenny, thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the wait time regarding your buyout and the frustration that this claim has caused. I will be sending you more information regarding your claim in a private message. -Jennifer

Original review: May 31, 2017

This has been an absolute nightmare. I truly feel bad for the customer service reps as they are not allowed to have any integrity. Took a week to get one of the two heating and air companies they have in my area to make a service call. Technician was not very professional and I was not confident in his ability to properly identify or fix my issue with the AC. He said coil needed to be replaced and I will get a call from HWA. I called HWA three days later. Said they approved the claim and they were ordering replacement parts.

Then called after three day weekend to say the units needed total replacement and I have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket. Or they would give me 1000 buyout money. We have the platinum highest level package. They will not send you any estimate or any communication in writing. They will not allow you to speak to a supervisor and do not have any means of escalating issues, which I assume is because they have so many complaints. I will be filing complaint with the NCDOJ as well as the FTC.

My mother was a realtor and she used to always recommend Home Warranty of America when she was selling homes. My mom was a realtor for 17 years and out of all the different home warranties, she thought they were the best. Whenever we bought our house, she really recommends it and that's why we went with them. My husband and I had them with our first house and we've never not had it. When we bought this house two years ago, we did the same thing and we've always been happy with them.

We had one really bad experience with one of the people that came in when we first bought this house. Our air conditioning broke and the guy who put it in, put it in wrong and broke our heater. Home Warranty of America handled it so professionally and they first told me that I had to give the guy a chance to fix it. But when I called him, he was so unprofessional. He started yelling at me and was using cuss words. I called Home Warranty back and said that I will not give him a chance to fix it and that they were gonna take care of this and fix this problem because not only do I not have air, I don't have heat. My six-year-old has an auto-immune disorder and it was in the summertime when this is all going on. I really didn't care about the heat but I cared about my air. They had another person out within the next day and they said that they were gonna take care of all expenses and go after that person and they did.

When the new air conditioner guy came, he found out that the guy also cracked our humidifier and they fixed it all. He felt so bad for us, he got us a gift card himself out of his own money. Then, after the service request and anything we've done, they always call within a few days to ask if we are satisfied with what happened. I've never not had a callback from them.

My husband and I are very happy with Home Warranty of America. I've recommended it to many people and we always say great things about it. My girlfriend just bought a house and they purchased from them. Also, we had a friend in our hold house who had a different company and he's building a house in Fisher. His wife texted and I said Home Warranty of America because he had a terrible experience with the company they had. I also told the people across the street that just bought their house that they want someone to treat them the way they would treat someone else and they came to do that. They seem to do that. I'm glad they're honest with me and they weren't trying to beat around the bush. We are 100% are happy with them.

Home Warranty of America Company Profile