toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Home Warranty of America

Ellen, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that having us, you have peace of mind. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need us. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Home Warranty of America is for security knowing that if something happens, we can use them. We’re covered and that gives us peace of mind. They’re reasonably priced too.

Home Warranty of America

Thomas, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you would recommend us if you end up selling your home. We do appreciate your loyalty. Have a nice day. -Jane

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Home Warranty of America responds when we call them and the various repairmen show up when they're supposed to. We pay our flat amount and the work gets done. Overall, I've had a positive experience and have been very satisfied. I'm anticipating selling my house and I would recommend them to the people who would buy it.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Arlene! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are happy to hear you have been well taken care of as we continue to strive for great customer service every time. Have a great day! –Violet

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Home Warranty of America came with the house when my husband and I bought it two years ago. We've submitted claims with them several times. The wait time on the phone was a little bit long but it was really easy to state the claim and then getting them to get me a number to call and having the service person to come out. The claim is usually fulfilled within two to three days. Their representatives were very courteous. I never got a mean rep so that was really helpful, too. Since the repairs, everything's working top notch. They have really good people that came out. I absolutely love that they have the 24-hour service. It's great to have somebody always. It's a benefit for them to be open 24/7 in case we have to make a claim at two in the morning. Somebody at least is going to write it down for us to be taken care of the next morning, which is really nice.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, LaRonda! Thank you for leaving us your review! We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with service and are happy to help with anything you need in the future. Have a great day! –Violet

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Every time I have needed repairs this has been a lifesaver. The customer service has been very helpful and courteous even at 3 am. When my AC went out they had someone come out the next day and even waived my call fee because it was just over the 30 day warranty period. Went the extra mile to correct the problem in a timely manner.

Home Warranty of America

Charles, thanks so much for your fantastic feedback! We understand how complicated decisions can become when it comes to appliances and we are thrilled we could help you make your wife happy in her home while providing top-notch service. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future! - Ava

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I'm a contractor, so I know how things can go wrong in a household easily and I looked into getting a home warranty. Then Home Warranty of America was close to our home. They were turning to the things that I was registering for the sole purpose of making sure I had all of my ducks in a row as far as the dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, microwave. They laid it out pretty good and that's what made me acquire them.

I submitted claims to them. One was for my sink. I suggested Home Depot which is about eight minutes away from here. They came out and did that. The guy was looking for a different type of sink and my wife told me she'd like to have the same type that she originally had. The gentleman at Home Depot listened to what she suggested and he found it and came back with it. It was almost identical to the one that we had that was taken out. Then the last one was for my dishwasher. They came in, talked with me, looked at the items and stoves. The guy even checked the items that I didn't expect to be checked, which is my garbage disposal and my sink, and ran me a discharge hose from the dishwasher all the way into the garbage disposal unit.

Home Warranty of America is a pretty good entity to have when purchasing a house because they'll listen to you. They'll direct you into who they are most friendly with and patient, to be able to suggest to you the list of people that they used and forthcoming in regards to doing a job. As far as inspecting their work, they do a great job. They've been great by me and even by my wife. She was elated to find out when she got home that this faucet that was busted. She told me that she thought it was the same faucet. I told her it's a new one. I was happy that she was happy. A happy wife is a happy life.

They justify what they state in their agreement to make you very satisfied with what they do. It doesn't take long to get in touch with them. They respond to your action and tell you immediately who they are suggesting and the agent or the representative would give me a call and set up a time. These guys are pretty damn good. They're great and I got no complaint whatsoever in regards to them.

Home Warranty of America

Good Morning Judi, We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us and apologize that your experience with HWA was less than desirable. We are constantly working to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. If you would please provide us with your full name, current telephone number, full service address, and claim number in a private response for assistance. Thank you, Rose.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I have had a water heater that needed repair. I have had three service calls that were used $180.00. The first two ended up with the company trying to sell me something and then offering to repair the issue. Well you can imagine I pretty much tossed him out, and he took my check with him. The final straw has been my water heater continued to leak and it just so happened when I went in the basement there were more issues. The company submitted the request to have it covered. HWA called to confirm that I was going to be responsible for approximately $200 for moving gas lines – which completely understand. The new company they hooked me up with received an approval code for the replacement of the water heater. IT WAS CONFIRMED COVERED!

Literally 20 minutes prior to the plumbing company's arrival at my house and the plumbing company was purchasing the water heater HWA called and said they would not cover it because it has sediment in the water heater. Anybody should know any water city or well you will have sediment in your heater from day one! Twenty minutes prior to the arrival of the company... More than a business day to change their mind... They waited 20 minutes to notify me. I spoke with HWA. They told me what I was responsible for. The plumbing company said they talked to HWA two times for the authorization and were told it was good for replacement. The water heater was 20+ years old... Of course it was going to need replacing. Of course there was sediment. Of course once again HWA finds a way to get out of covering the issue.

Home Warranty of America

Good Morning John, We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us and apologize that your experience with HWA was less than desirable. We are constantly working to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. If you would please provide us with your full name, current telephone number, full service address, and claim number in a private response for assistance. Thank you, Rose.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I purchased a home warranty for $1200 to cover my newly remodeled home that has high-end appliances. I paid extra to ensure they would be covered if they were in need of repair. I filed a claim on Jan 15, 2017 and after weeks of them trying to force me to accept a $500 replacement or a $500 buyout by dragging their feet, not returning my phone calls, when I paid $2500 for the upgraded microwave, they finally agreed to repair it. Seven repair appointments later the unit is still not repaired. One excuse after another why they weren't repairing the unit. Back ordered parts, approved 2 parts when the technician told them 4, after 4 parts didn't fix it they ordered 2 more and still didn't fix it so they ordered another part and it was the wrong one.

The technician would not disconnect the unit from the power supply so he had to balance the unit while still in the cabinet and try to install new parts on the bottom of the unit. Unsafe and why would you take that chance? HWA's response to my concern was he is insured and doesn't work directly for HWA so they are not responsible if he damages my property or creates a safety hazard. I have purchased several home warranties over the years and have never had an issue or been lied to like this company has. I have 40+ emails to support my statements and HWA records all calls but means nothing to the BBB or the state attorney general to really research the facts. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Home Warranty of America

Good Morning Jason, We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us and apologize that your experience with us was less than desirable. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. If you would please provide us with your full name, current telephone number, full service address, and claim number in a private response for assistance. Thank you, Rose.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Terrible home warranty company. They sent out a tech who charged me 100 bucks to look at something for about 30 seconds and then tell me he couldn't fix it and it needed replacing. I was told several days later the company would not pay to replace the item because it looked old. Check the BBB website and you will see this company has 150 or so negative reviews and something like 10 positive reviews. On every negative review, a rep for the business replies with some far-fetched mitigation story as if all 150 people are just people who didn't understand their contract. I'm not sure where these positive experiences I'm seeing here are coming from...

Home Warranty of America

Good Morning Erika, We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. If you would please provide us with your full name, current telephone number, full service address, and claim number in a private response for assistance. Thank you, Rose.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Our plumbing issue began last evening and upon calling HWA was told a vendor would be out the next morning at 11 am. I took off work so I could be home when they came, 12 rolled around and still no word so I decided to call vendor directly to get an ETA. The vendor then informed me that they would NOT be making it out today.

Called HWA who then told me they could not get ahold of the vendor but was still showing they would be out between 11:30-1:30 and that the gentleman I had spoken to at HWA would be giving me a call back as soon as he figured out the issue... never received a call. My husband then called HWA back after work seeing what the issue was and to remind them that we have 3 children at home and needed access to our water! This I would consider an emergency! They told us not to worry and that the vendor would be out this evening and would give us a call in about 60-90 mins: once again never to receive a call. Do you see the lack in communication here? Very disappointed! Now over 24 hrs later and still unable to use our water properly, very disappointed!

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Graham. Thank you for taking the time to post your review for us. We apologize for the experience you have had with us and are happy to help in getting this resolved. We have also sent you a private message to further assist with your concerns. Have a good day! -Elle

Original review: April 4, 2017

I've been having the same issue with my sump pump for months. It will run without shutting off even though the sump pit is empty. It would run until it overheated and then shut itself off. After this it will work for a couple of days until the problem reoccurs. I called Home Warranty of America, since this is a covered system in the home, and they sent out a plumber. The pump overheated and shut off before he could arrive, but was still smoking when he arrived. Since it wasn't demonstrating the problem at the time of service, they refused to allow him to replace it. The problem reoccurred and I called again. This time I took video of the problem. Again it shut off before the plumber arrived and service was refused. I even heard the plumber on the phone with the company urging them to replace the pump. I had no choice to wait for the pump to give out and risk a flood before they'd do anything.

The pump did finally give out while I was out of town. When I called back saying that I needed another service call and gave them the existing claim number, they told me that the claim expired 4 days previously so I'd have to file a new claim and pay another deductible. I asked to speak to a supervisor who would only say that if I wanted service I'd have to pay, even though I hadn't received service yet in the first place. When I asked to speak to his supervisor or someone with authority to do something about this, he refused. He kept only saying, "I don't have to give you that information." At the end of the day, these people will find any opportunity not to pay your claim and to charge you as much as possible. While I do agree that home warranties are a good idea to have, I would not recommend using this provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

Home Warranty of America

Hi Becky! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. If you would please provide us with your full name, current telephone number, full service address, and claim number in a private message so that we can access your account. Thank you and have a good day! -Payton

Original review: March 31, 2017

Purchased this insurance when I bought my home 8 months ago. I have filed two claims in the last month, roof and dishwasher, HWA had no vendors in my area to perform these repairs, I do not live in the middle of nowhere. I live by a city with a population of over 156,000 people. HWA advised me to find my own vendor, have them submit the estimate, wait to see if they approve, then I could pay out of pocket and wait 3 to 4 weeks for reimbursement.

First, I could find no vendors that would jump through these hoops. Second, if had the funds to pay out of pocket I probably would not need the insurance. Third, now I am doing all the legwork that I really don't have time to do, time from my job to make all these calls. I have asked HWA to prove to me that they even have any service providers in the area (a list of vendors) or cancel and refund all monies paid to date. They have refused on both requests. I feel I have paid for a service that they were never able to provide. I will be reporting this to the Oregon Consumer Affairs to look into this for the state Oregon. Very, very disappointed!!!

We've had some smaller issues and some that turned out not to be issues and they've helped. Then Friday our hot water heater started leaking severely in the attic and hasn't stopped leaking. We contacted them on Friday to get some help but of course you can't call, you have to email. No reply by them or their local contact. It's ruined two sections of ceiling (an 8 by four foot section in the garage and a 4 by 6 foot section in the living room), and parts of the ceiling have fallen down, while the one in the garage has one of those giant bins underneath it to catch the water and has to be emptied every three hours. Now it's become a much bigger problem because they can't be bothered to do the job we're paying them for, and is going to end up costing us thousands because we had to call a local professional to come in and help. Looks like we need to find someone else.

I had bought a home in May of 2016 that came with the gold package home warranty. 1st claim I made was on the downstairs AC unit. They had someone come out a week later to look at the unit. He determined it was the compressor. It took them 4 weeks to approve and ship out a new compressor. I would have to call and follow up every couple of days and talk to different people including supervisors to get anywhere. I guess they hope you will just give up. After a month of staying on them they sent the company back to fix it.

The second claim I made was a few months later on the upstairs unit. It stopped cooling and when I called they seemed to have problems finding someone to look at it so this time I just took care of it myself because of the long drawn out process I went through previously. Of course the small things like toilet leaking and the garbage disposal going out I just fixed myself because of the 75.00 service fee I'd have to pay. The third claim was my over the range microwave stopped heating which just happens around the last week of February. When call HWA warranty company they said they would send someone out. A week later I had to call to ask why I haven't heard from anyone. They then gave me a repair shop's name and number and I had to contact them.

When I contacted the repair shop they told me that it was out of their service area. (It was around 50 miles away.) So I called HWA back and they said they would find another company and they would contact me. After almost a week still no call or email from them. So I called them again and they told me they couldn't find anyone to come out and look at or fix the microwave. That they wanted me to find someone to fix it. So they ask me to find someone to come out and for me to pay for the service call and they would reimburse me.

After talking to numerous repair shops no one would come out and when I told them I would bring it to them they said they didn't work on GE brand units. They did say the same thing. That the magnetron was bad and it would be cheaper to buy a new microwave. So after that I went and bought a new one that was identical to what I had. Took pictures of them side by side and email them the receipt and pictures as proof. Now one company said they would come out but it was a 249.99 road service charge without parts just to come look at it. No way I was going to get stuck paying that when I could buy a new microwave for around that price. I knew in my heart that this company would not pay anything.

So HWA drops the ball and doesn't find anyone to service my appliance. Leaves it up to the homeowner to get the job done that they couldn't handle themselves. And refuse to reimburse any of the cost even though they were responsible to do so. So I guess these financial guys are right! Don't waste your money on these companies out there. They make it hard enough on you that it's easier to take care of it on your own.

Hey Dawn!
We apologize for the experience you have received. We have sent you a message asking for more information to further look into your claim. Thank you and have a great afternoon!

-Cindy

Original review: March 22, 2017

This is the WORST home warranty I have ever had. I had a plumbing issue last fall which was covered by my plan. They sent out one man that could only work at night. He told me this was his side job. He wanted to tear my entire wall out in laundry room... Even I could tell water was coming from floor not wall... After he waited for 30 on phone for approval to do job he left with my 100 dollars and a promise to come back. He didn't show back up as promised. I asked for a different plumber. They sent me a heating and air man who they said also did plumbing because they just didn't have any plumbers in my area... I live right outside CHARLESTON!!!

He was very nice... Agreed problem wasn't in wall but in floor BUT as he tripped over a step I have in my house he mentioned "I'm OK. I'm just 85 percent blind". He was doing pretty good for a 76 year old blind heating and air man BUT not about to touch my plumbing!!!! Needless to say after much complaining and being told there was no one else in my area I have had it fixed myself. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. DID I SAY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE???? Beware!!!!!

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Chandra! We're so happy to hear that your experience with us has been great. Thank you, Payton.

Original review: March 10, 2017

The realtor told us about Home Warranty of America when we first bought our house. It was a really good deal and when we first moved in, the owner of the house paid for it so we stuck with it. Our experience with them has been great so far. It was good when we filed a claim and I like the quality of the work of the technicians. It was great and very professional.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Keels! We are happy to hear that your issue with the heat pump was fixed was so quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you! -Payton

Original review: March 10, 2017

Our heat pump outside was broken, so I called HWA. It was in the middle of summer, and I had a new born. So I told them that I needed it fixed really fast. They found somebody that put me in the schedule the same day. The technician was incredible. He even gave me tips on how to preserve the life of it, and showed me how to clean it. I would recommend HWA.

I purchased this policy to cover my mom's vacant house in Wisconsin until I could sell it and also to provide a warranty for buyers. The first week in January, her boiler (she has hot water heat) gave out and it didn't take long for all her heating lines and plumbing to freeze and break. HWA's provider in Oshkosh promptly and satisfactorily repaired the heating lines. My mother's homeowner insurance processed their portion of the claim on covered items swiftly.

This is now March 8th and I am still waiting for reimbursement from HWA. I called 1/17/2017 and spoke with Pat to confirm coverage. I forwarded a copy of the receipt marked "paid" on 01/19/2017 to the address HWA supplied. Not hearing back, I called HWA on 02/15/2017 and spoke with Kyla and then emailed another copy of the receipt to HWA, which Kyla received and forwarded to the authorization team. I was told I should get a response in 48 hours or less. Again not hearing anything or receiving anything by mail or email, I called 03/03/2017 and spoke with, I believe, Paula. I confirmed that there was only 1 claim and that they had the info they needed. She emailed this info again to an authorization person and now on 03/08/2017 I still have not heard anything. I am very disappointed with the servicing of this claim and am at a complete loss as to understanding what the problem is.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

I am currently on my second claim with your company. My first claim took a month from start to finish. My first claim was the worse experience I had with any warranty company. I need the consumers to know that I had a small leak in the basement that was being catched with a bucket. It took 3 weeks to have the claim approved and then an additional week for the repair to be completed. The entire time, the leak got worse and every time I called the Warranty company, they seemed not be concerned at all with my problem.

I am currently on my second claim with the Warranty company. It is going on 8 days from the beginning of the second claim and still waiting for approval. Consumers please be aware that this is a water heater issue and the plumber recommendations were to have the water heater replaced due to the age and not working properly. Signed, Taking Cold Showers for 8 days!!! Hopefully it won't take 1 month to get the second claim resolved.

This company sends out inexperience technicians that do not have the knowledge or desire to fix the problem. The business model is set up for the technician to get paid no matter therefore they have no interest to fix the issue. They waste your valuable time making you wait for another company and appointment. When I called to address this issue their main concern was the technician and not the customer. Please save your time and money and research other companies with a better track record of customer service! This was the third time I had an issue with this company. The HVAC took 5 visit, the oven 3 visits and the electrical 1 because I refuse to play their game anymore.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Eileen. We're sorry to hear that you had an issue with your gravel roof not being covered under the warranty. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else in the future. Thank you, Payton

Original review: March 9, 2017

I tried submitting a claim a couple of weeks ago, and apparently, Home Warranty of America don't cover gravel roofs. And the part of my roof that was leaking was over the patio. So since it's over the patio, it doesn't get covered at all. It was a shock. It's not very nice.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Patricia! It's so good to hear that you are happy with our service. Thank you! - Payton

Original review: March 9, 2017

I've been using Home Warranty of America's services since 2013. I liked their fair prices and signing up for the service was simple. They send out very experienced people if there was a problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was real easy signing up for the service and getting the warranty set up two years ago. I usually submit claims over the phone. I've put in a couple, but none of them have been covered. They just say that my claim is not under the warranty, and there's always a reason. The contract states that they cover certain issues, but when they get here, they say that the issue is pre-existing or they give whatever excuses, which makes no sense to me and I'm not satisfied. Furthermore, after the renewal, my insurance payment went up. It got more expensive for the second year than it was for the first and I don't understand why. I still have the warranty for major stuff though, to have coverage in case something happens.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Adam! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided. Thank you so much for the good review. Have a great day! - Payton

Original review: March 8, 2017

I have been using HWA's services since August 2015. So far, I've submitted a claim twice and I've had a positive experience. Their service technician works so good. They once sent out a tech to look at the air-conditioning unit and then fixed it. I would recommend Home Warranty of America.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Joanna! We are so glad to hear to that everything went good regarding your claim for the toilets. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Have a terrific day! - Payton

Original review: March 7, 2017

I bought an older home so I decided to get a home warranty from Home Warranty of America. Recently, I submitted claim for the toilets online. I got an email from them that said the claim was submitted and then the contractor called me and let me know when they were available to come. They did the work and the repairs have been good.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Rachel! We are happy to hear that your claim was processed in a timely manner. Have a great day! -Payton

Original review: March 7, 2017

We were experiencing a leak that was related to our chimney, and we submitted a claim with Home Warranty of America. We ended up doing it on the phone, and the claims representative was great. A service technician came out to our home two days after we submitted the claim. We showed him where we were seeing the issue. He had an idea of where he needed to look and it was exactly where he needed to look. He was knowledgeable, professional, and expeditious. The issue was resolved that day, and we haven’t had a single issue since the repair. Overall, Home Warranty of America hits all the marks, and they get stuff done quickly.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Bryan. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are happy to hear you have been pleased with service and look forward to assisting you in the future. Have a good day! -Elle

Original review: March 6, 2017

I’ve submitted two claims with Home Warranty of America. I got a new water heater for the first claim. However, I signed an annual contract for my heating and cooling servicing and I couldn’t use my guy because I had to use HWA's. Usually, their vendors are not the best and sometimes they are from nowhere near and you’ve never heard of them before. But the guy who put in my water heater did fine. The other claim was for the icemaker, which HWA doesn’t cover.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Brandon. Thank you so much for the good review! We're happy to hear that you have been happy with our services. Thank you, Payton

Original review: March 6, 2017

HWA came with the purchase of our house in August of 2015. We had a couple of claims that had been out before on our air-conditioning and we established a relationship with them so we chose to renew when we had to this past summer. Submitting claims was easy. I called, they sent out a technician and we had our $75 deductible. Then, everything was fixed and that's what I really asked for. Everything's been above par. I have no complaints.

I filed a claim regarding a cracked toilet bowl & 2 leaking faucets. The repair company came and fixed one faucet, order toilet bowl and will have to come back out to replace. The other faucet was not fixed, still leaks. I had to call HWA to have the ticket reopened to have plumber come back out to fix faucet when re replace toilet bowl. Now my other toilet has water leaking from the flapper seal and I called HWA to file the claim so when the plumber comes he can repair all 3 at the same time. I was told that I cannot file another claim at this time. HWA does not allow for more than one claim per month.

Nowhere in the paperwork does it say one claim per month. I feel as if they do not want to honor the contract we have with them. She told me to ask the plumber if he can repair it when he is here and I can just pay him. However, this should be covered with the warranty and I wouldn't have to pay as much as he wants to charge. Very dissatisfied with only being able to file one claim a month. Hope the HVAC and water heater do not stop working in the same month. I would hate to have to pick which one I want to claim.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Romiessa! We're glad to hear that your claim for getting the water heater fixed went good. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Have a great day! -Payton

Original review: March 5, 2017

When I first bought my current house, the people I bought it from had Home Warranty of America so I went with them and I renew it every year. I like them, I get a good discount and I never had any complaints. I had a claim last year in December for a water heater problem and it went pretty good. The technician was wonderful. He came out although he was sick and he was very professional. He did a great job and I'd recommend him again.

Home Warranty of America

Sumathi, thank you for the feedback. We are pleased to hear that submitting a claim has been very convenient for you and that you have enjoyed your experience with us overall so far. That is what we like to hear! We appreciate your business. Have a good day. -Melinda

Original review: March 5, 2017

When we bought the house, the realtor referred Home Warranty of America and we signed up. Signing up was quick. Submitting claims is very convenient. They sent the technicians on the same day or the next. I called them up a couple of times for a plumbing issue and they resolved it. The only problem is the prices have gone up. When I signed up, the service cost was only $75 but now they charge $100. But I'm good with HWA. I want to keep them for the next couple of years.

Factual basis uncertain

Our home warranty was purchased for us by the seller of our home. I've renewed it but I wish that they hadn't chosen Home Warranty of America. The renewal process was easy and the sales reps were always friendly. But they didn't return calls or emails. Also, the customer service reps didn't follow-up on the claims. I've been trying to get both the icemaker and our refrigerator fixed for about seven months now. They have sent technicians out repeatedly because the problem wasn't being fixed. Then in November, a technician said that the icemaker was not repairable so to me, that says that they need to replace the refrigerator.

However, I've contacted them 30 times, asked them what's going on with our claim and they just told me that they're forwarding it to a supervisor. It's incredibly frustrating. I also sent them a Facebook message about a week ago and got a phone call back from someone. The lady said she was going to figure out what they were going to do and get back to me. And while I've been going through this process, I've asked to speak with a supervisor 15 times and not one time have I been able to speak to one. They told me that they're sending an email to the supervisor to have them call me but I've never been contacted by anyone.

The only reason I even renewed the home warranty was because we were in the midst of getting this fixed. Otherwise I definitely would not have renewed it due to the circumstances of them never resolving this issue. Also, I've done some research of other people's comments and remarks regarding this company and I have found tons of information that is right along with what I've been experiencing. This is the worst experience of my life. I've been in tears and there isn't a physical building here that I can go to to express my concerns.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Aslam! We're glad that everything went smooth to get your trash compactor replaced. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future. Have a great day! - Payton

Original review: March 4, 2017

We're buying a previously owned home, and our real estate agent told us about Home Warranty of America. I was told it was a good, reputable company. Everything was online and was pretty much smooth. I had one occasion where the trash crusher in my kitchen broke. I called the customer service, the tech came, changed the thing, and left. It wasn't a claim and I didn't have to call a contractor, but Home Warranty took care of it, and it was still good service. Home Warranty paid for half and I paid the rest of the amount. It was fifty-fifty, but it was okay. It was a very smooth experience, and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for providing your feedback, Amy! We are passionate about providing excellent customer service and are happy to hear that it shows! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions in the future. Have an excellent day! -Elle

Original review: March 4, 2017

I was a first-time home buyer so I had asked for a warranty company from my realtor and he recommended Home Warranty of America. However, it seemed that he just went with the cheapest package because it was the opposite of what I wanted. I called HWA to ask how it would work and they said the package doesn't cover anything that I mentioned. I called them back and talked to a woman who was so nice and helpful. She explained everything to me and I got a better package for good money. Submitting a claim was tricky and confusing because there were more exclusions than inclusions, but she explained it to me in way that I understood. It was nice to deal with somebody who was like a human and not like a robot. Nobody from businesses nowadays does calls like that. They need to give her a raise and buy her a lunch.

Home Warranty of America

Mariah, thank you for sending your claim details. We have sent your information over to our resolution team so they can call you directly regarding this. Thank you, -Melinda

Original review: March 3, 2017

We purchased a warranty with our home to feel assured we would be covered if necessary. I would have been better off without it. They sent out a vendor that was dishonest and overcharged by $500! But have done nothing to remedy the situation. I have called for 4 days straight to get a response but NO resolution. How can they send out crooks to do repairs and then expect the customer to eat it. Not right!! Don't waste your $$ on this garbage.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Kacy! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us with a review! We value all feedback because it helps us understand where we are excelling as well as improve our processes.

We are pleased to hear you have had a great experience and look forward to assisting you in the future! Have a wonderful day! -Elle

Original review: March 3, 2017

My mortgage company threw whichever deal was best when I got my house and it was also part of the agreement to have an insurance. I ended up with Home Warranty of America as it came with the house and I signed up for the eco plan where if something breaks, the device that they replace it with is going to be eco-friendly. The sign-up process was easy and I renewed with them because I was happy with them during the previous year. Once I had to call them because I thought my oven broke and they helped take care of it. Technicians came out to fix it but it didn't end up being anything serious. My breaker was just split. But they have been great and Home Warranty of America is a great company.

Home Warranty of America Company Profile