toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Arlene! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are happy to hear you have been well taken care of as we continue to strive for great customer service every time. Have a great day! –Violet

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Home Warranty of America came with the house when my husband and I bought it two years ago. We've submitted claims with them several times. The wait time on the phone was a little bit long but it was really easy to state the claim and then getting them to get me a number to call and having the service person to come out. The claim is usually fulfilled within two to three days. Their representatives were very courteous. I never got a mean rep so that was really helpful, too. Since the repairs, everything's working top notch. They have really good people that came out. I absolutely love that they have the 24-hour service. It's great to have somebody always. It's a benefit for them to be open 24/7 in case we have to make a claim at two in the morning. Somebody at least is going to write it down for us to be taken care of the next morning, which is really nice.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, LaRonda! Thank you for leaving us your review! We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with service and are happy to help with anything you need in the future. Have a great day! –Violet

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Every time I have needed repairs this has been a lifesaver. The customer service has been very helpful and courteous even at 3 am. When my AC went out they had someone come out the next day and even waived my call fee because it was just over the 30 day warranty period. Went the extra mile to correct the problem in a timely manner.

Home Warranty of America

Charles, thanks so much for your fantastic feedback! We understand how complicated decisions can become when it comes to appliances and we are thrilled we could help you make your wife happy in her home while providing top-notch service. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future! - Ava

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I'm a contractor, so I know how things can go wrong in a household easily and I looked into getting a home warranty. Then Home Warranty of America was close to our home. They were turning to the things that I was registering for the sole purpose of making sure I had all of my ducks in a row as far as the dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, microwave. They laid it out pretty good and that's what made me acquire them.

I submitted claims to them. One was for my sink. I suggested Home Depot which is about eight minutes away from here. They came out and did that. The guy was looking for a different type of sink and my wife told me she'd like to have the same type that she originally had. The gentleman at Home Depot listened to what she suggested and he found it and came back with it. It was almost identical to the one that we had that was taken out. Then the last one was for my dishwasher. They came in, talked with me, looked at the items and stoves. The guy even checked the items that I didn't expect to be checked, which is my garbage disposal and my sink, and ran me a discharge hose from the dishwasher all the way into the garbage disposal unit.

Home Warranty of America is a pretty good entity to have when purchasing a house because they'll listen to you. They'll direct you into who they are most friendly with and patient, to be able to suggest to you the list of people that they used and forthcoming in regards to doing a job. As far as inspecting their work, they do a great job. They've been great by me and even by my wife. She was elated to find out when she got home that this faucet that was busted. She told me that she thought it was the same faucet. I told her it's a new one. I was happy that she was happy. A happy wife is a happy life.

They justify what they state in their agreement to make you very satisfied with what they do. It doesn't take long to get in touch with them. They respond to your action and tell you immediately who they are suggesting and the agent or the representative would give me a call and set up a time. These guys are pretty damn good. They're great and I got no complaint whatsoever in regards to them.

Home Warranty of America

Thanks, Ravichandran! We appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your service! We are pleased you have had a good experience and look forward to assisting you in the future. Have a wonderful day! – Violet

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I'm a first-time homeowner so I didn't know anything about home warranties, and my real estate guy suggested that I go for Home Warranty so I did. I had a couple of claims last year and everything was done perfectly. Everything was really quick, starting from getting an appointment and then getting a technician to come out to see the issue and provide the fix. I was very happy. I continued to extend the contract and then I’m doing this year as well with Home Warranty, and I’m hoping to get the same kind of support and service from them. I would recommend it to my friends and colleagues.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was previously with a different provider but I wasn’t happy with a few of the vendors who would come out. I didn’t like how long the process of filing a claim was taking. I needed a new plan and so I went with Home Warranty of America. Signing up was easy and the time to get the claim open was fairly fast. The contractor called me back and he was gonna book his appointment the day they print it out and get me on schedule. He took care of the issue pretty fast and only spent a week at the most. My experience, so far, has been good. I’ve been able to get everything I need from the service and I’m happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Signing up with Home Warranty of America was great. The sales rep quoted me a price, told me how it worked and what my options are. But I didn't buy that day 'cause I wanted time to think about it and she was very compliant. I called back a few days later and picked right back up with her. HWA has done a very good job. Submitting a claim with them is easy and takes all about 5 minutes. The problem I had is that they don't tell me what's not going to be covered.

For example, they're going to come out and replace my water heater. Even though my hot water heater's covered, there's $1,500 worth of extra stuff that's not covered to bring it up to code, and that's the kind of stuff that should be outlined in some fashion. Then the plumber tried to gouge me because they knew I got to pay them but on my end, I didn't want to pay it and I took care of that another way. The general layman probably wouldn’t know that they’re being gouged and I don’t like that. They don’t do it to me but I can see they do it to other people, taking advantage of them.

I'm very pleased with HWA overall but I've learned to be very cautious when I call a claim in. If they were to offer $10 extra a month to cover items that are not up to code, I would've paid it. Other than that, they've been very good at fixing my stuff and their customer service is impeccable. One time, we've had a couple problems with the contractor which they took care of immediately. That’s why I renewed with them and I’ll renew with them again if service continues to be the same.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Home Warranty of America and I refer them to everybody. I just renewed both of my houses for a second year. I knew people who owned home warranty companies and I thought it was a great thing to do. I’ve used both of my houses as rentals, so if something goes wrong, just call HWA, pay $75, and get the problem fixed. It’s been wonderful. I’ve used HWA a couple of times.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My package, which came with the purchase of the condo, had Home Warranty of America in there and it explained everything what they covered and how it was done. All I had to do was read it. When you submit a claim, you have to pay $60 then they send someone out. Sometimes they can get someone right away but sometimes a day or so. They repair whatever needs to be repaired. When I had water running from my washer to the floor because of a busted water pipe, they had to dig behind the washer to fix that. They get the work done. However, if I don’t use it for some reason, I'm just paying that money because I pay a monthly fee.

Home Warranty of America

James, thank you for sharing your feedback. We can understand how a delay in getting a claim resolved can be a bit upsetting. We are hoping to make some adjustments that will speed up the process in those situations, because we do understand the importance of getting claims resolved as quickly as we can being top priority. Have a great day, -Jane

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

The HWA is very prompt and they have a follow up call that works. My only complaint is that there are not a lot of contractors in my area and I have had to wait for several days for the service call and then another week for the parts to arrive and then the installation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Home Warranty of America was recommended when I was purchasing my house and I've had them ever since. I haven’t had any complaints.

Home Warranty of America

Emily, we would like to look into the most recently claim with you. We sincerely apologize for any frustration we have caused. Please message us your claim number, and a good phone number. Thank you, -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My realtor purchased the policy from Home Warranty of America when we bought our house. It is awful compared to the one we had before. We don't have any control over what companies that they choose or what times that they choose. The last time I had a service call I called and they said they'd be here between 9:00 and 5:00 PM. So I took off, but the guy never showed up. We rescheduled, took off, the guy never showed up. My husband rescheduled, he took off, the guy never showed up. So three days of work and then on top of that it's $100 service charge every time they had to come out. We're very, very unhappy.

I renew this year only because it's almost impossible for me to find another home warranty company if I'm not purchasing a new home. My husband breaks everything so I need a home warranty. Home Warranty of America would definitely not be one that I would recommend to other clients when I work in the field. You call Home Warranty of America, then they call somebody. Here we are waiting on the guy from Sears from New Orleans to come fix our washing machine. I don't know what they drive but the story was that his car caught on fire twice. I'm thinking he's probably overbooked and trying to do what he needs to do. But in the same sense, I've taken off three days of work for it.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you, Timothy. We are glad to hear that! Thank you for your loyalty. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

It’s been a pleasant experience with Home Warranty of America. When I used them last year I didn't have any problems. They did most of the legwork and all I had to do was to be here. I told them what the problem was and then they did everything else from there. Also, they answered every question that I had at the time of service.

Home Warranty of America

Leemei, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We do understand how waiting on a part to come in can be upsetting when you are without AC. Customer feedback is super important to us, and we look forward to improving our processes to make the customer experience better. Have a nice day. -Jane

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

We have been with Home Warranty for a couple of years. We did not call them often to claim but last year, I had a very bad experience. It was summertime and the AC was out of order for almost 20 days because there was no available part. Aside from that, most of the time, the service is good.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for your kind words, Scott! We are always working to improve our processes to ensure the best customer experience. We are pleased to hear that you have had great service from us. Thank you for your loyalty. All the best, - Melinda

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Home Warranty of America was part of the house when we bought it and we've already renewed two times. They're convenient for us and the plan is already in place. In the renewal process, we called them and told them we wanted to renew. They sent us a new policy with different dates on it and continued pulling the money from our account every month.

The claims process is very easy and I'd look up the number off my policy, call into the helpdesk, and tell them what the problem is. They take down information and within a day or so somebody we needed who's a specialist in that field calls me back. The HWA people we've worked with were helpful and a couple of times, they're informative and always put us in touch with the right people. We've already called three times and the first time the contractor who called me back told me how to fix the problem myself, which actually saved us a bunch of money. The next time they ended up replacing the water heater and then they came out once and replaced the condenser on my air conditioning unit. So far we've not had any problem since the repairs. Home Warranty of America should keep up the good work. Everybody is professional, courteous, and easy to work with. Our overall experience is excellent.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Karlee. Customer feedback is something we take seriously. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. All the best, -Jane

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

My realtor recommends Home Warranty America whenever I buy a house. This is my second year to have HWA. I had them last year then I renewed it. I haven't had any issue except that they're a little slow in getting back to me. For the most part, everybody I've ever talked to has been pleasant and nice.

Home Warranty of America

Douglas, thank you for your feedback. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and our success. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

It's generally very easy when I submit a claim for service with Home Warranty. I call and tell them what the problem is, and they record it and set up a local vendor to come out and check on the problem, and then the problem gets repaired. The only issue that I had was with a hot tub repair when they didn't have anyone that had the ability to do a service call for that problem. So, I went out myself to find someone to do the repair and they ended up covering the cost. For the most part, however, it's been problem-free with Home Warranty.

Home Warranty of America

James, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear this! We are glad that you feel the re-enrollment process was smooth and pretty simple because that is exactly what we hoped for. Please let us know if you have any questions. All the best, -Jane

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

We got our first year free with Home Warranty of America when we purchased our home then we renewed with them. An HWA rep called me to set up re-enrollment and I let my wife know because it was on her account so she got it taken care of. The re-enrollment process was pretty simple and smooth and then we have our payment taken out of our account. We also had One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning who said that if we ever had any heating or air conditioning unit issues and we had to file a claim then it would be a little smoother process since both HWA and One Hour are owned by Direct Energy. I'd had a very pleasant experience with them so far.

Home Warranty of America

Hayley, we would like to apologize for the frustration. This is certainly not the kind of experience we want any of our customers to have. Please message us your claim number so we may further investigate this. Thank you, -Jane

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

We've been with HWA for almost three years now. They were recommended to us by a friend when we purchased our first home. We've happily paid our monthly payment for over 34 months, with no issues. On September 27, 2016, we filed our first claim when our hot tub went out. It took HWA two weeks to tell me that they were unable to find a preferred vendor in our area, and it was up to me to find one. I found our service provider in 5 minutes on Google. It then proceeded to take at least another month to approve the service diagnosis. I did not have a good feeling about just getting a verbal confirmation that the service would be fully reimbursed, so I called back to ask if I could have something in writing. I was assured that everything was in their system and there would be no issue. It was further explained to me that reimbursement could take 6-8 weeks, but typically it was much faster - even 2-3 weeks.

The service was scheduled and completed in early December, and the final invoice was emailed to two separate HWA addresses on December 12 and 15th. No response was received to acknowledge submission. Finally, in mid-January, I decided to call to check on the status of reimbursement. I called three separate times from the middle of January through today (1/27) - each time the CSR said they would look into the issue, contact the reimbursement department, etc. and get back to me (I was never contacted back).

Now just this evening, I received a call from HWA stating that they didn't think they could reimburse the service (something about splitting hairs as to what the actual replacement parts purpose is). We would never have proceeded with the service if HWA hadn't approved it completely first. Now HWA is contacting the vendor again to get a better explanation as to what service was actually performed, and what the function of the replacement part was meant to be.

It's very obvious that they need our reimbursement more than we do at this point. This has been an absolute nightmare. I would only hope they would perform better if the issue at hand were something more serious (heater, A/C, septic, electrical, etc.). I feel that we've slipped through the cracks, and now we're just getting punted around while HWA is frantically trying to cover their tracks. If you're in the market for a home warranty service provider, I would desperately urge you to look elsewhere.

Home Warranty of America

Michael, that is wonderful to hear. We are always pleased to hear that we have done a great job in the eyes of our customers. Customer feedback is super important to us. Have a good day. Thanks! -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I used to be with a different home warranty company but they started changing a lot of stuff and their service started to be crappy. Then when I talked to Home Warranty of America, I liked how the lady greeted me. Then when I signed up for the service, the rep asked me what I was looking for, explained to me what package would be best for me, gave me the whole details and how much would it be. It was an easy process. My interactions with the sales reps have been smooth and they weren't giving me the runaround like other companies. But when I call in for a claim I got to wait on hold for a long time. One time I held on for almost a half hour. Besides that, everybody I’ve been talking to there have been very helpful.

Home Warranty of America

Clarence, thank you for your feedback. We are always working on improving our processes to ensure we provide the best customer service experience possible so feedback like this is very helpful. Have a nice day. -Jane

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Our daughter convinced us that getting a home warranty was a good thing to do. We've had several claims since we've been in the house. When our ice maker and washing machine went out at the same time, we called Home Warranty of America and the same people came and did both of them. Everything went great. They changed the pump on the washing machine, but didn't really fix the whole machine because it went out again within a month's time, and they had to replace the whole thing.

Then the water from the refrigerator went up on the walls, and they changed the ice maker and water valve. However, it never made ice and they came back three times. The people Home Warranty of America sent called the plumber and said there was no water pressure, but the plumbers that came said the water pressure was great. We asked them to get somebody else to fix it because we didn't think the guys knew how to do their job, and the other people they got who were local, did a great job. They came out and fixed it the first day and never had a bit of a problem after that. As far as the other stuff, we had a back up on our air conditioner, had water all throughout the house, and they responded real quickly. They came and dried the house. The next day, they put all the floorboards up, the carpet, and the wood stuff. They did a great job and I was real satisfied.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you, Richard. We are happy to hear that you would recommend us. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have. All the best, -Jane

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

When we bought the house, we had a policy from Home Warranty of America. Then we had problems with our refrigerator, freezer, and it took them several visits to fix it. But it all turned out well. And because we didn't know the house very well yet, we decided we would just do it again with them and re-upped a year later. I would recommend them.

Home Warranty of America

Roxanna, thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you would consider renewing with us. Please reach out with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you. All the best, -Jane

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

The people who we bought the house from had Home Warranty of America. We had had one call with HWA and got good service so my husband renewed it online and there was no problem at all. When we called for service, HWA aligned us up with somebody who was not able to come for a week so they let us use somebody we found ourselves. They had to be approved first but that was no problem and that also helped us get the issue done quicker. It's been an efficient and friendly service so we'll probably renew again.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Robert. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need us. All the best, -Jane

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My realtor brought up Home Warranty of America to us and so we used them. Signing up has been easy. I pay the bill and though I haven't used it yet we put it on another year and upgraded the service since they're doing something.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you, Juan. We are pleased to hear that you have had nothing but good experiences with us. We appreciate your business. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My realtor bought insurance from Home Warranty America and I've kept them ever since I bought the house. I've never had any problems with their reps and they've been kind and courteous. I don't have anything but good things to say about them. Also, whoever they contacted for my claims did an awesome job.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for your feedback, Jodi. We are pleased to hear this. Thank you for your loyalty. Have a nice day! -Jane

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

We've always had a warranty in each of the houses that we bought and Home Warranty of America was the one that was offered to us when we moved here. Signing up for their service has been really good. We have submitted one claim and the process was really easy and quick. Somebody called back almost immediately. We had a little bit of an issue renewing the policy but that was just miscommunication on their side and wasn't a big deal. It was taken care of. Other than that, I have no complaints. They've been very good. In fact, they've been much better than the other companies we've had.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for the review, Alicia. We are happy to have you as our customer! Please don't hesitate to message us with any questions you may have. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I bought a house in 2015 and Home Warranty of America was the home warranty that I've been set up with as part of the agreement in the purchase of the house. I was already familiar with them, had to use them once when my air conditioning went out, and it was a really seamless process. The amount they were asking for wasn't ridiculous so I didn’t see any need to make any changes, hence, I renewed with them. I wasn't exactly sure how to go about doing the renewal because I'm a first-time homeowner so I ended up calling whenever I received something in the mail indicating that my home warranty was going to be running out. I called to make sure that I was doing everything the way I needed to and to see what my options were exactly and the rep was pretty nice in telling me all of the options.

When I submitted a claim, I called and gave some information on what the problem was. HWA said that they would call me back to give me the name or the information of who was going to come out and fix my air conditioner and then told me that it was going to be $100 upfront fee. It was a same day call and the very nice repair guy ended up coming out really quick. I haven't had any issues with my air conditioner since. Overall, it was a good experience and HWA is very pleasant and seemed to be quite prompt in getting me what I needed.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Charles. We want to apologize for any frustration we have caused. We would like to review your claim in more detail and see if anything can be done. Customer satisfaction is top priority to us. Please message us your claim number, and a good contact number. We look forward to hearing from you. -Melinda

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I bought their best policy that they sell to cover pools, spas and my house. It turns out they cover nothing. They will not cover the booster pump on my pool so I replaced it myself then he come time to fix my ac and they will only cover $10 a pound on Freon, it cost $90 a pound. After paying a $75 deductible on top of that they will not look for a leak until you I have recharged it twice so you're letting money just leak into the year twice before you find the problem. The customer service rep barely spoke English. Got aggravated with me when I was canceling my policy and calling them out on their lack of coverage and hung up on me. I would highly advise you look into another home warranty company. I bought four houses with warranties and have never been treated like this.

Home Warranty of America

Amber, we would like to apologize for the kind of experience you had. We would like to look into your claim further. Please message us with your claim number, and a good phone number. All the best, -Jane

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

We have been with this company since we bought our house. We have not missed a payment or anything. The price keeps going up. We had to call them out several times for a leak in our bathtub. It took 3 times at least to get it fixed and then they missed up my tiles around my faucets and I am going to have to end up redoing all the tiles in my bathtub area. We can't take a bath only showers until it is fixed.

Home Warranty of America

We would love to assist you with checking on the refund, Jarrod. Please send us a message with your claim number, and a good address for you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I am a realtor and I've worked a lot with different warranty companies, but they're not as good as Home Warranty of America. Signing up for the service was simple for me. I just went to my online portal and fill in the information. I've already had three claims with them and it wasn't hard to submit them at all. They are easy and reliable. Also, their sales rep is a personal friend of mine and she's great. I have referred them to all my clients. However, the house located at Gatlinburg got burned down from the wildfires there. So I asked them if I could postpone my policy, but they said that they would just cancel it out since I have just renewed it and that I would get a refund. It's been about a month now and I haven't received it yet.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Kevin. Thank you for providing your feedback. We regret to hear you have had a poor experience and would be happy to help with any current questions or concerns regarding your service. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything we may assist you with on the account. -Elle

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

When we were looking at several options for home warranties, we evaluated a few warranties. But since HWA was recommended to us, we decided to sign up with them on September 2015. The initial set up went fine and they seemed friendly, but in the months to follow I have encountered so much pain with HWA. I feel like every time I try to submit something, I have to fight and prove it. There's verification upon verification. I recently submitted a claim for the sewage line. We actually added coverage. And now that we have a problem, they're saying, “No. We're not gonna cover it for you.”

When I was talking to a representative, she had talked about the potential for lightning strikes in North Texas with storms. And she did a good job talking about it and selling it. And I said I'll go ahead and add it to the coverage. Then five months later, when we had a big storm, several things were affected. The electrical monitor for our sprinkler system got hit and was totally fried. So I've filed it with HWA and they had their guy look at it. He said, "It's tied to that storm and it got hit by lightning, and you're gonna have to replace it.” So once we replaced it, HWA said, “No. It's not a part of your house. It's in the garage so that doesn’t count.” I said the garage is part of my house and I fought it. Finally, they ended up saying okay but it was after so much pain of having to fight it. Right now, there's something else that’s going on, and I don’t wanna do this anymore. There's been a lot of frustration and I'm likely going to switch because of it.

Home Warranty of America Company Profile