toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Home Warranty of America

Ellen, thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that having us, you have peace of mind. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need us. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Home Warranty of America is for security knowing that if something happens, we can use them. We’re covered and that gives us peace of mind. They’re reasonably priced too.

Home Warranty of America

Thomas, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you would recommend us if you end up selling your home. We do appreciate your loyalty. Have a nice day. -Jane

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Home Warranty of America responds when we call them and the various repairmen show up when they're supposed to. We pay our flat amount and the work gets done. Overall, I've had a positive experience and have been very satisfied. I'm anticipating selling my house and I would recommend them to the people who would buy it.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Arlene! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are happy to hear you have been well taken care of as we continue to strive for great customer service every time. Have a great day! –Violet

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Home Warranty of America came with the house when my husband and I bought it two years ago. We've submitted claims with them several times. The wait time on the phone was a little bit long but it was really easy to state the claim and then getting them to get me a number to call and having the service person to come out. The claim is usually fulfilled within two to three days. Their representatives were very courteous. I never got a mean rep so that was really helpful, too. Since the repairs, everything's working top notch. They have really good people that came out. I absolutely love that they have the 24-hour service. It's great to have somebody always. It's a benefit for them to be open 24/7 in case we have to make a claim at two in the morning. Somebody at least is going to write it down for us to be taken care of the next morning, which is really nice.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, LaRonda! Thank you for leaving us your review! We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with service and are happy to help with anything you need in the future. Have a great day! –Violet

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Every time I have needed repairs this has been a lifesaver. The customer service has been very helpful and courteous even at 3 am. When my AC went out they had someone come out the next day and even waived my call fee because it was just over the 30 day warranty period. Went the extra mile to correct the problem in a timely manner.

Home Warranty of America

Charles, thanks so much for your fantastic feedback! We understand how complicated decisions can become when it comes to appliances and we are thrilled we could help you make your wife happy in her home while providing top-notch service. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future! - Ava

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I'm a contractor, so I know how things can go wrong in a household easily and I looked into getting a home warranty. Then Home Warranty of America was close to our home. They were turning to the things that I was registering for the sole purpose of making sure I had all of my ducks in a row as far as the dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, microwave. They laid it out pretty good and that's what made me acquire them.

I submitted claims to them. One was for my sink. I suggested Home Depot which is about eight minutes away from here. They came out and did that. The guy was looking for a different type of sink and my wife told me she'd like to have the same type that she originally had. The gentleman at Home Depot listened to what she suggested and he found it and came back with it. It was almost identical to the one that we had that was taken out. Then the last one was for my dishwasher. They came in, talked with me, looked at the items and stoves. The guy even checked the items that I didn't expect to be checked, which is my garbage disposal and my sink, and ran me a discharge hose from the dishwasher all the way into the garbage disposal unit.

Home Warranty of America is a pretty good entity to have when purchasing a house because they'll listen to you. They'll direct you into who they are most friendly with and patient, to be able to suggest to you the list of people that they used and forthcoming in regards to doing a job. As far as inspecting their work, they do a great job. They've been great by me and even by my wife. She was elated to find out when she got home that this faucet that was busted. She told me that she thought it was the same faucet. I told her it's a new one. I was happy that she was happy. A happy wife is a happy life.

They justify what they state in their agreement to make you very satisfied with what they do. It doesn't take long to get in touch with them. They respond to your action and tell you immediately who they are suggesting and the agent or the representative would give me a call and set up a time. These guys are pretty damn good. They're great and I got no complaint whatsoever in regards to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Chandra! We're so happy to hear that your experience with us has been great. Thank you, Payton.

Original review: March 10, 2017

The realtor told us about Home Warranty of America when we first bought our house. It was a really good deal and when we first moved in, the owner of the house paid for it so we stuck with it. Our experience with them has been great so far. It was good when we filed a claim and I like the quality of the work of the technicians. It was great and very professional.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Keels! We are happy to hear that your issue with the heat pump was fixed was so quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you! -Payton

Original review: March 10, 2017

Our heat pump outside was broken, so I called HWA. It was in the middle of summer, and I had a new born. So I told them that I needed it fixed really fast. They found somebody that put me in the schedule the same day. The technician was incredible. He even gave me tips on how to preserve the life of it, and showed me how to clean it. I would recommend HWA.

I purchased this policy to cover my mom's vacant house in Wisconsin until I could sell it and also to provide a warranty for buyers. The first week in January, her boiler (she has hot water heat) gave out and it didn't take long for all her heating lines and plumbing to freeze and break. HWA's provider in Oshkosh promptly and satisfactorily repaired the heating lines. My mother's homeowner insurance processed their portion of the claim on covered items swiftly.

This is now March 8th and I am still waiting for reimbursement from HWA. I called 1/17/2017 and spoke with Pat to confirm coverage. I forwarded a copy of the receipt marked "paid" on 01/19/2017 to the address HWA supplied. Not hearing back, I called HWA on 02/15/2017 and spoke with Kyla and then emailed another copy of the receipt to HWA, which Kyla received and forwarded to the authorization team. I was told I should get a response in 48 hours or less. Again not hearing anything or receiving anything by mail or email, I called 03/03/2017 and spoke with, I believe, Paula. I confirmed that there was only 1 claim and that they had the info they needed. She emailed this info again to an authorization person and now on 03/08/2017 I still have not heard anything. I am very disappointed with the servicing of this claim and am at a complete loss as to understanding what the problem is.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

I am currently on my second claim with your company. My first claim took a month from start to finish. My first claim was the worse experience I had with any warranty company. I need the consumers to know that I had a small leak in the basement that was being catched with a bucket. It took 3 weeks to have the claim approved and then an additional week for the repair to be completed. The entire time, the leak got worse and every time I called the Warranty company, they seemed not be concerned at all with my problem.

I am currently on my second claim with the Warranty company. It is going on 8 days from the beginning of the second claim and still waiting for approval. Consumers please be aware that this is a water heater issue and the plumber recommendations were to have the water heater replaced due to the age and not working properly. Signed, Taking Cold Showers for 8 days!!! Hopefully it won't take 1 month to get the second claim resolved.

This company sends out inexperience technicians that do not have the knowledge or desire to fix the problem. The business model is set up for the technician to get paid no matter therefore they have no interest to fix the issue. They waste your valuable time making you wait for another company and appointment. When I called to address this issue their main concern was the technician and not the customer. Please save your time and money and research other companies with a better track record of customer service! This was the third time I had an issue with this company. The HVAC took 5 visit, the oven 3 visits and the electrical 1 because I refuse to play their game anymore.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Eileen. We're sorry to hear that you had an issue with your gravel roof not being covered under the warranty. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else in the future. Thank you, Payton

Original review: March 9, 2017

I tried submitting a claim a couple of weeks ago, and apparently, Home Warranty of America don't cover gravel roofs. And the part of my roof that was leaking was over the patio. So since it's over the patio, it doesn't get covered at all. It was a shock. It's not very nice.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Patricia! It's so good to hear that you are happy with our service. Thank you! - Payton

Original review: March 9, 2017

I've been using Home Warranty of America's services since 2013. I liked their fair prices and signing up for the service was simple. They send out very experienced people if there was a problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was real easy signing up for the service and getting the warranty set up two years ago. I usually submit claims over the phone. I've put in a couple, but none of them have been covered. They just say that my claim is not under the warranty, and there's always a reason. The contract states that they cover certain issues, but when they get here, they say that the issue is pre-existing or they give whatever excuses, which makes no sense to me and I'm not satisfied. Furthermore, after the renewal, my insurance payment went up. It got more expensive for the second year than it was for the first and I don't understand why. I still have the warranty for major stuff though, to have coverage in case something happens.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Adam! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided. Thank you so much for the good review. Have a great day! - Payton

Original review: March 8, 2017

I have been using HWA's services since August 2015. So far, I've submitted a claim twice and I've had a positive experience. Their service technician works so good. They once sent out a tech to look at the air-conditioning unit and then fixed it. I would recommend Home Warranty of America.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Joanna! We are so glad to hear to that everything went good regarding your claim for the toilets. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Have a terrific day! - Payton

Original review: March 7, 2017

I bought an older home so I decided to get a home warranty from Home Warranty of America. Recently, I submitted claim for the toilets online. I got an email from them that said the claim was submitted and then the contractor called me and let me know when they were available to come. They did the work and the repairs have been good.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Rachel! We are happy to hear that your claim was processed in a timely manner. Have a great day! -Payton

Original review: March 7, 2017

We were experiencing a leak that was related to our chimney, and we submitted a claim with Home Warranty of America. We ended up doing it on the phone, and the claims representative was great. A service technician came out to our home two days after we submitted the claim. We showed him where we were seeing the issue. He had an idea of where he needed to look and it was exactly where he needed to look. He was knowledgeable, professional, and expeditious. The issue was resolved that day, and we haven’t had a single issue since the repair. Overall, Home Warranty of America hits all the marks, and they get stuff done quickly.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Bryan. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are happy to hear you have been pleased with service and look forward to assisting you in the future. Have a good day! -Elle

Original review: March 6, 2017

I’ve submitted two claims with Home Warranty of America. I got a new water heater for the first claim. However, I signed an annual contract for my heating and cooling servicing and I couldn’t use my guy because I had to use HWA's. Usually, their vendors are not the best and sometimes they are from nowhere near and you’ve never heard of them before. But the guy who put in my water heater did fine. The other claim was for the icemaker, which HWA doesn’t cover.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Brandon. Thank you so much for the good review! We're happy to hear that you have been happy with our services. Thank you, Payton

Original review: March 6, 2017

HWA came with the purchase of our house in August of 2015. We had a couple of claims that had been out before on our air-conditioning and we established a relationship with them so we chose to renew when we had to this past summer. Submitting claims was easy. I called, they sent out a technician and we had our $75 deductible. Then, everything was fixed and that's what I really asked for. Everything's been above par. I have no complaints.

I filed a claim regarding a cracked toilet bowl & 2 leaking faucets. The repair company came and fixed one faucet, order toilet bowl and will have to come back out to replace. The other faucet was not fixed, still leaks. I had to call HWA to have the ticket reopened to have plumber come back out to fix faucet when re replace toilet bowl. Now my other toilet has water leaking from the flapper seal and I called HWA to file the claim so when the plumber comes he can repair all 3 at the same time. I was told that I cannot file another claim at this time. HWA does not allow for more than one claim per month.

Nowhere in the paperwork does it say one claim per month. I feel as if they do not want to honor the contract we have with them. She told me to ask the plumber if he can repair it when he is here and I can just pay him. However, this should be covered with the warranty and I wouldn't have to pay as much as he wants to charge. Very dissatisfied with only being able to file one claim a month. Hope the HVAC and water heater do not stop working in the same month. I would hate to have to pick which one I want to claim.

Home Warranty of America

Hi Romiessa! We're glad to hear that your claim for getting the water heater fixed went good. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Have a great day! -Payton

Original review: March 5, 2017

When I first bought my current house, the people I bought it from had Home Warranty of America so I went with them and I renew it every year. I like them, I get a good discount and I never had any complaints. I had a claim last year in December for a water heater problem and it went pretty good. The technician was wonderful. He came out although he was sick and he was very professional. He did a great job and I'd recommend him again.

Home Warranty of America

Sumathi, thank you for the feedback. We are pleased to hear that submitting a claim has been very convenient for you and that you have enjoyed your experience with us overall so far. That is what we like to hear! We appreciate your business. Have a good day. -Melinda

Original review: March 5, 2017

When we bought the house, the realtor referred Home Warranty of America and we signed up. Signing up was quick. Submitting claims is very convenient. They sent the technicians on the same day or the next. I called them up a couple of times for a plumbing issue and they resolved it. The only problem is the prices have gone up. When I signed up, the service cost was only $75 but now they charge $100. But I'm good with HWA. I want to keep them for the next couple of years.

Factual basis uncertain

Our home warranty was purchased for us by the seller of our home. I've renewed it but I wish that they hadn't chosen Home Warranty of America. The renewal process was easy and the sales reps were always friendly. But they didn't return calls or emails. Also, the customer service reps didn't follow-up on the claims. I've been trying to get both the icemaker and our refrigerator fixed for about seven months now. They have sent technicians out repeatedly because the problem wasn't being fixed. Then in November, a technician said that the icemaker was not repairable so to me, that says that they need to replace the refrigerator.

However, I've contacted them 30 times, asked them what's going on with our claim and they just told me that they're forwarding it to a supervisor. It's incredibly frustrating. I also sent them a Facebook message about a week ago and got a phone call back from someone. The lady said she was going to figure out what they were going to do and get back to me. And while I've been going through this process, I've asked to speak with a supervisor 15 times and not one time have I been able to speak to one. They told me that they're sending an email to the supervisor to have them call me but I've never been contacted by anyone.

The only reason I even renewed the home warranty was because we were in the midst of getting this fixed. Otherwise I definitely would not have renewed it due to the circumstances of them never resolving this issue. Also, I've done some research of other people's comments and remarks regarding this company and I have found tons of information that is right along with what I've been experiencing. This is the worst experience of my life. I've been in tears and there isn't a physical building here that I can go to to express my concerns.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Aslam! We're glad that everything went smooth to get your trash compactor replaced. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future. Have a great day! - Payton

Original review: March 4, 2017

We're buying a previously owned home, and our real estate agent told us about Home Warranty of America. I was told it was a good, reputable company. Everything was online and was pretty much smooth. I had one occasion where the trash crusher in my kitchen broke. I called the customer service, the tech came, changed the thing, and left. It wasn't a claim and I didn't have to call a contractor, but Home Warranty took care of it, and it was still good service. Home Warranty paid for half and I paid the rest of the amount. It was fifty-fifty, but it was okay. It was a very smooth experience, and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for providing your feedback, Amy! We are passionate about providing excellent customer service and are happy to hear that it shows! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions in the future. Have an excellent day! -Elle

Original review: March 4, 2017

I was a first-time home buyer so I had asked for a warranty company from my realtor and he recommended Home Warranty of America. However, it seemed that he just went with the cheapest package because it was the opposite of what I wanted. I called HWA to ask how it would work and they said the package doesn't cover anything that I mentioned. I called them back and talked to a woman who was so nice and helpful. She explained everything to me and I got a better package for good money. Submitting a claim was tricky and confusing because there were more exclusions than inclusions, but she explained it to me in way that I understood. It was nice to deal with somebody who was like a human and not like a robot. Nobody from businesses nowadays does calls like that. They need to give her a raise and buy her a lunch.

Home Warranty of America

Mariah, thank you for sending your claim details. We have sent your information over to our resolution team so they can call you directly regarding this. Thank you, -Melinda

Original review: March 3, 2017

We purchased a warranty with our home to feel assured we would be covered if necessary. I would have been better off without it. They sent out a vendor that was dishonest and overcharged by $500! But have done nothing to remedy the situation. I have called for 4 days straight to get a response but NO resolution. How can they send out crooks to do repairs and then expect the customer to eat it. Not right!! Don't waste your $$ on this garbage.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Kacy! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us with a review! We value all feedback because it helps us understand where we are excelling as well as improve our processes.

We are pleased to hear you have had a great experience and look forward to assisting you in the future! Have a wonderful day! -Elle

Original review: March 3, 2017

My mortgage company threw whichever deal was best when I got my house and it was also part of the agreement to have an insurance. I ended up with Home Warranty of America as it came with the house and I signed up for the eco plan where if something breaks, the device that they replace it with is going to be eco-friendly. The sign-up process was easy and I renewed with them because I was happy with them during the previous year. Once I had to call them because I thought my oven broke and they helped take care of it. Technicians came out to fix it but it didn't end up being anything serious. My breaker was just split. But they have been great and Home Warranty of America is a great company.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Bobby. We're sorry to hear that you had an issue with getting the heater for your pool fixed. Please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future. Thank you, Payton

Original review: March 3, 2017

I bought a house and the real estate people told me about Home Warranty of America. I've submitted a couple of claims, which went okay, but it takes a long time to get a check from them and I don't like the technicians. I had a heater on my pool that needed to be fixed. Home Warranty of America sent a guy out and I paid him the regular fee that you pay upfront. He was going to order a part and said he'd be out the next week but he didn't show up. I called him and this went on for probably four weeks. Finally, he said he can't get the part. I just called my regular pool people and had them fix the heater. It cost me a lot of money out of my pocket but it's because Home Warranty didn't have the right kind of people to take care of the pool. The people that I had to fix the heater was not on their approved vendor list.

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Pam. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are always working towards providing additional service coverage to our customers and appreciate your review. Honest feedback helps us determine how we can continue to improve for our customers. Please feel free to reach out if we may assist you with any questions in the future. Have a wonderful day! -Elle

Original review: March 3, 2017

I had a question a long time ago about the ceiling fan and the reps at Home Warranty of America were real good about answering my questions. I didn’t even have to use anything because it was a simple fix and my friend fixed it. The only thing I wish was different was it seemed like when I read through everything, I don’t know if the warranty's worth having. They don’t cover as much as I thought they would, and that was a little disappointing to me. I’m also not in their regular area so they don’t have somebody already picked out from where I live.

Home Warranty of America

Thank you for the review, Nicole. We are so glad that you have had good experiences with us when you contacted us regarding your warranty. Our goal is to provide the best customer service to all customers every time. Thank you for choosing Home Warranty of America. All the best, -Melinda

Original review: March 2, 2017

Home Warranty of America was the chosen home warranty when I bought the house and I renewed through the policy I had. I've submitted claims and the experiences were fine. It was fast, quick, and no hassle. I had one issue with the second claim where one of the ladies hung up on me. She didn't know what she was talking about, put me on hold, and then never came back. But when I called the second time, I talked to some girl named Brooke who was fine. Then, the technicians who came out were always fine and good. The furnace is fine since the repair and I have a new washing machine. So, everything is good!

Home Warranty of America

Hi, Donna! Thank you for leaving us a review. We are always happy to help if you have questions regarding your contract or setting up a claim. Enjoy your day! -Elle

Original review: March 2, 2017

I heard Home Warranty of America from my real estate agent, Gilman, and he said it would be a good idea. And so, I looked into it. Signing up for the service was very easy. I talked to their sales reps mostly over the phone and they were very nice and polite. They sounded very professional and sounded like if I put a claim in they would get right to it.

Home Warranty of America Company Profile