3.69/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Home Warranty of America

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1996, Home Warranty of America has offered customers fast and easy solutions with excellent service. Our goal is to provide high value protection at a reasonable price.

Home Warranty of America specializes in home warranty plans, real estate, home sellers warranty, appliance warranty and home protections plans. Whether you are selling your home, buying a new one, or staying put we want you to save money and time. Let us help you succeed while providing the best protection. Call us today!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

1116 Home Warranty of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I'm in the real estate business and the company that we are franchising required that we either provide home warranty or the buyers waive their desire to buy one. And so, they have another company and I really wasn’t satisfied with that company. So, I met with our rep, Leanne, and we talked about it and did some business with her. And then, I bought a place and I wanted to have a home warranty on my own place so I called her and told her that, and she set Home Warranty of America up for me. Signing up was pretty easy, and I've renewed it for the last three years. I submitted a couple of claims, and the process was simple, easy, and they seem to respond timely. The things they repaired are working well, and all is good. It’s been a great experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I've had my warranty with Home Warranty of America for nine years and it has been fine. It was included with the sale of my home. The sales reps have been good and, in all the claims that I filed, I've never had a bad experience with the rep. Normally, the technicians that have come out were good. I had one guy who was amazing, and apart from him, there have been some other technicians who came, but I was not impressed with one or two of them. For the most part, however, everyone has been very friendly. As for the ones that I had an issue with, the issue was eventually resolved. Over a year ago, I had an issue with a technician and a customer service rep promised that I'd get a call back and a follow-up, but I did not receive these. They do follow-ups for parts, but not for the actual work after it has been completed. On the whole, though, it has been good with Home Warranty.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We’re happy and really satisfied with Home Warranty of America and we just renewed our warranty with them. Our realtor recommended them when we purchased our home and signing up was easy. So far, we’ve only submitted one claim, we did it by phone and they were really good with their service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My HWA warranty came with the house I bought and I've had them for two years now. My most recent claim with them was for my dishwasher and they were able to fix it. The contractor who came was great and very accommodating. It’s always better to have a dishwasher than not have one. I'm glad I have HWA.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

A policy with Home Warranty of America was on my home loan when I bought the house and it was easier to just renew my policy with them rather than go with another home warranty provider. Renewing my policy with HWA was easy to do online. My interactions with the rep were good. But when our AC broke, I had to call back several times because, apparently, the repair work didn’t cost me just the $100 deductible. Instead, it ended up costing me $500 because certain things weren’t covered. Other than that, the tech was good and polite, and the performance of my AC has been sufficient since the repair. I've been with HWA for a year and my entire experience with their home warranty has been fine. HWA has been sufficient and they got the job done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Whoever had suggested Home Warranty of America to me said they were one of the better companies to work with, so I went with them. I had bought homes with my husband but after he passed away and I was living on a specific income, I wanted something that would cover what I would not be able to afford. I renewed every year and kept them the entire five and a half years I owned that home. I put that warranty on the buyer of my home and that is a warranty I insisted on having in my new home. I had a huge incident in submitting a claim and they took great care of it and of me and that’s why I renew it every year, and I will not stop renewing. I already have recommended them to everybody I know that buys a home. They’ve been nothing but awesome with me. I will not own a home without having Home Warranty of America.

Good Evening Shirley,

Thank you for leaving us this exceptional review based on your personal experiences with our company. We are pleased to hear that you are greatly satisfied with the level of customer service you have received and look forward to servicing all of your future needs. Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, social media or with a live chat agent at hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance. Thanks again and have a wonderful night!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I got my Home Warranty of America policy as a gift when I bought the house. Some of the appliances were very old so as a buyer incentive, the bank paid for the first year of the policy and my realtor paid the second year as a gift. So I just continued with them. My experience as far as submitting the claim with them was painless and I do it over the phone. However, I’m considering terminating the policy because I've called several times for my refrigerator and they were never willing to replace it even after I have called several times for it. It is also the same with my furnace and they still try to fix it instead of just replacing it. By the time we pay our deductible three or four times, we can already invest in another one. Nonetheless, they did get the stuff fixed so our experience was just okay.

Good Evening Tania,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. We wanted to take a moment to apologize that your experience was less than exceptional and would like to assist you in properly addressing your concerns. In regards to your concern for a repair vs a replacement, HWA will only offer a replacement, if the item is no longer repairable or if the repair cost exceeds the replacement cost. We certainly value you as a customer and look forward to servicing your future needs. Feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The age of our house made my husband do some research on home warranties on the internet. We got Home Warranty of America and when we submit a claim, a repairman comes out and checks if the unit can be fixed and whether or not the cost of repair is economical. Our refrigerator broke and people came out to look at it. They couldn’t repair it, so we chose to take the buyout and purchased a new refrigerator. We also filed a claim for a washing machine and the tech determined that it was not economical to repair it. He recommended replacement, so Home Warranty did. Now, I have functioning appliances. They have great service, and we’ve been satisfied.

Hi Dana,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful rating based on your experience with our company. We certainly value you as a customer and look forward to servicing your future needs. Feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Home Warranty of America had good reviews when I searched online. I signed up for their service and they took care of me in a timely manner. Their service was on point with everything and that’s something I value. The sales reps were friendly and I had no issue with them. To submit a claim, I just called and told the claims reps what my problem was, and they found a contractor that could take care of me.

The contractors gave me their information, then they came in and I got the service from them. Sometimes, though, they didn’t come right away because of their scheduling. When they came, they told me what was going on and what was wrong, and they asked for the service fee that I had to pay, which is a co-pay. Normally, they fixed the problem right away or else they told me that they had to get approval from HWA and they went from there. They also told me if we had to wait to get a part in, but if they had the part over at their place, they got it and fixed the problem. So far, they've been doing good. The only thing was that every time I tried to renew my contract with HWA, their price went higher. Nevertheless, I’ve been with them for three years now and I’m happy with what I have.

Hi David,

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have a very old subzero refrigerator so I looked into home warranties. Home Warranty of America have a better reputation and signing with up with them was easy. The reps are fairly accommodating and I like to talk with them when submitting a claim. A lot of times there's a delay and they give a contractor out of our area. So when the contractors start to come, they then call to say that I'm out of the area which is not good. Still, it's easier to get a hold of Home Warranty of America.

Hi Valerie,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. We certainly want to apologize that you have had to go through many vendors in order to accomplish a resolution for your claim. In regards to your concern of the vendor selection, we do have a dedicated vendor development department that reviews and approves service providers through an extensive process. If you would like, I would be happy to submit feedback regarding your experiences with the vendors so that our vendor selection team can take this into account when renewing their contracts. If this is an option you would like to pursue or if the issue has not yet been resolved and you'd like us to look into the claim and explore further options, please feel free to reach out to our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My daughter got Home Warranty of America for her house and we've had several claims. In the most recent one, they replaced the thermostat. It wasn’t staying on the same temperature. It was jumping back and forth. I submitted a claim over the phone a month ago and the service rep was excellent as well as the contractor. We've had the service for over five years and I’ve never had a problem with them. I’ve recommended them to several friends already.

Good Afternoon Jeannie,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide an exceptional rating based on your experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com with your full contact information should you ever need our assistance. Thank you again and have an amazing day!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Home Warranty of America is the only one we have in this state and they were recommended by my sister. We’ve been with them for a very long time and we’ve been satisfied. Submitting a claim with them has been a simple process, and everything has been fine.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Three people recommended a home warranty to us. One of them was the realtor and she strongly recommended that we get one. Among the companies they recommended, Home Warranty of America was the cheaper one so we went ahead with them. I filed a claim over the phone when our well started acting like there was something wrong with the pump. Their claims agents were very positive, friendly and very professional.

But it seemed that the contractors prefer to have the homeowner pay for the repair. A couple of contractors initially said they were signed up with Home Warranty of America, which was how we heard about them. Then when they came here, they acted as if they came because we called them. They kept telling me that I should pay them the money in cash and upfront which was very disappointing. Also, they were doing it to me but wouldn’t talk like that to my husband and they were not telling Home Warranty of America what they were doing. I told one of the technicians that I'll call HWA because they note and transcribe everything they say. So if they really agreed with him that I should give him cash, they'll let me know right away. And that was very good that HWA told me ahead of time that they monitor and record calls because then, the guy stopped making up stories.

I still called HWA about the issue and they addressed it. I understand that they don't control their contractors and I know some people can make up stories and demand money from the customer. That’s not ethical but it wasn’t Home Warranty that was being unethical. It was the contractor. So HWA should be stressing to their contractors the fact that they have to be ethical and that they can’t tell people stories. Eventually, we found two plumbers who were very honest and have no problem with going through HWA. They were great and through them, we found out that the problem was not with the pump but with the well. So we’re working on getting that taken care of because that’s not covered in the warranty.

Hi Patricia,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. We wanted to take a moment to apologize that your experience was less than exceptional and would like to assist you in properly addressing your concerns. If you would like, I would be happy to submit a complaint regarding your experiences with the vendor so that our vendor selection team can take this into account when renewing their contract. If this is an option you would like to pursue, or if the issue has not yet been resolved and you'd like us to look into the claim, feel free to reach out to our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com and we will be happy to assist.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I'd like to start off by saying that I made this account specifically to review this company; that is the ire with which they have left me. Upon making a service call with them, they contact one of their contractors that will then contact you (supposedly) and you will owe them $100. If you happen to be in a family that works 9-5, be prepared for at least one of you to miss a half day of work in addition to that, as every contractor they have has terrible hours of availability, and almost always terrible reviews on their own.

My wife and I bought our house in May, and by mid summer of 2016 it was very apparent that our air conditioner was not functioning properly. It would continuously freeze up and cease functioning altogether. Seven service calls spread out over about a month and a half (during the hottest summer on record, mind you) we still could not get a replacement and HWA would only authorize more and more Freon to be dumped into our non-working AC (In addition to the $100 per service, HWA does NOT comp Freon). We had requested different contractors after every other service, and finally after three had recommended a new compressor, HWA finally relented half way through the summer. We were ecstatic, until we found out they didn't cover "modifications to a unit, or copper", meaning we would have to front nearly half the cost of the entire new unit.

In summary, we spent the hottest summer on record with no AC in Oklahoma, had HWA representatives hang up on us or actually laugh when asked about reimbursement, and spent over $2000 on a supposedly "covered" replacement. That's not mentioning the money lost from having to miss work to meet with their contractors. If you are considering a policy with Home Warranty of America, please reconsider. Just google their company, you'll find countless other reviews just like this one. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I had another home warranty and I had a problem with them so I went to Home Warranty of America. I like the deductible amount they offered. Signing up and filing a claim were both easy. They have done well but I don't like the $75 deal but that's what they do. Other than that, they have done well. I like HWA and I've had a good experience with them.

Good Afternoon Kenneth,

We greatly appreciate you leaving us your personal feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our services and look forward to servicing your future needs. In regards to your concern of the trade call fee, this fee covers the technician's time out to your home. Please feel free to chat with one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarrany.com should you need our assistance. Thank you and have a pleasant day!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

When we bought our condo in 2007, we were asked if we wanted to have a home warranty with Home Warranty of America and we said we did. We paid for the warranty and we've used it ever since. We paid by the year and we weren't doing monthly payments. As my sister used to say, she’d hurt once and get it over with. It was a good idea to keep the home warranty to cover repairs of our air conditioning and appliances. We've used it three or four times in the past and we've been very happy with it.

We've stayed with HWA this whole time because their warranty worked for us. We've paid them whatever they wanted us to pay and I've read my statements and what was covered by the warranty. The only thing we don’t have is a flood insurance, but we live in the desert here. The only reason I would have to worry about our not having a flood insurance is that there's a patch of grass and a huge rock out there in front of us, so when it rains heavily, the water gets full there and can come up to the patio. But since we have to step down from our front room to the patio, I'm not too worried about that at the moment. The only thing we need to be worried about is if there was a lake from upstream and it came downstream.

Generally, when I called the 800 number of HWA to file a claim, they had me talk to the contractor and give them my claim and warranty numbers, and they told me that I would be charged a $75 co-pay. Then the contractor called us and came out, and they fixed whatever we needed fixed. The technicians were usually nice people, so I liked them and I've never had any issues with them so far. Sometimes, though, the contractor that HWA called wouldn't come out, so they’d call somebody else, and they’d call me back and let me know what company would be coming out instead. They're very conscious of customer service and I don’t mind being with them.

The last time I filed a claim with HWA, the rep I spoke with was very accommodating and I didn’t have any problems in getting somebody on the phone. I told her that my oven and stove weren’t working and she said they would have a contractor come out here, and they would text to me the name of the contractor on my cellphone. The contractor called and told me that they were the ones coming out for the home warranty repair and they asked me to have my $75 co-pay ready. Then the technician came out and he was very good. He diagnosed the problem, took one thing out and put another thing in, and my oven and stove worked just fine. Afterwards, HWA sent me a thank you note or a notice about that service. We've had an awesome experience with HWA and I liked them. They've been very prompt and good, and I've never had any problems with them.

Good Afternoon Claire,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this great review! We are proud to be your trusted home warranty provider and to give you a little peace of mind when it comes to your repair needs. Feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Unclogging AC primary drain line - A simple task which is covered under American Home Shield -- Guess what HWA doesn't cover that - saying a maintenance issue. For $5 work - they charge $100 service fees and still refuse to so that mentioning maintenance issue. P.S. I called local contractors and got that done for less than $70. Needless to say I am dropping them and filed a BBB complaint for shady business practice.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Seller bought this warranty for me at closing. Washing machine broke today - called ($100 service call to HWA) to get someone here. They have 48 hours to respond. Are you kidding me?? Called the appliance co. - answering machine - no name. "We will call you back in the order you called in". Not even sure I got the right place as they don't identify. Had a homeowners warranty in VA and was called within 30 minutes and an appointment was set. This place is a call center. Not reliable. I can get someone out here cheaper than $100. Ripoff!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My husband was retiring and our house and the appliances were 10 years old. I thought it might be a good time to get a warranty because things don’t last forever. The lady that I used to work for told me that she used Home Warranty of America, so I checked them out. Their price was a bit better than a couple of the other ones I’ve checked, but it’s mostly because they came highly recommended that I went with them. Setting up with the service was very easy and I have done two claims already. The first claim was last year over my disposal that stopped working, and they replaced it. My second one was with the air-conditioning system and that was a situation where I got a bit aggravated.

I wanted to talk to a person and I couldn’t because I held on and on and I found out that it was better to go online and request the service. The two people that they recommended to me did not call me right away and I had to call them. We went through a whole weekend of it being a hundred degrees outside and not having air so I wasn’t happy about that. This year, it was the very same thing when the other system went out. One of those that they recommended was Tidewater Heating & Air and the other one was Hotboys and we had the very same situation with them. It went out over the weekend, and I called and made a request online on Friday night. I expected someone to call me or get in touch with me on Monday morning and they didn’t, so I called to set up an appointment but they were extremely busy and backed up so it ended up being a week. Luckily, it wasn’t a hundred degrees outside.

When the guy came out here, he did not have the right tools to do what he needed to do, so he wanted to set another appointment for a couple of days later and my husband said no and told him to come back tomorrow with the right stuff. That’s my complaint. Otherwise, everything else has been great. I like the idea of having the home warranty but I don’t get to talk to a person. Sometimes it’s easier to verbally explain what’s going on than it is to put in words. I still have the home warranty and I’m using them because it’s a good thing to have but I would also tell my friend what my experience was. Home Warranty of America needs more companies to do their service so that the consumer or the customer doesn’t have to wait so long to have an item fixed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We purchased and moved into a home and we weren't sure if we needed any other extra expenses in case anything went wrong. I had a warranty company the first year I was out here and their service people weren't any good. So I went to find another home warranty company. My daughter uses Home Warranty of America and told us they covered just about everything and that they were efficient in the people they sent out. I've been with HWA for four years now.

Signing up was easy and fast. They sent out the information first and you can turn it down within so many days to make sure it covered everything you want. Plus, you could pick and choose what you needed. We got the platinum package and it covers pretty much everything. We have a really big sewer system and I needed it specifically for that because we live in a rural area. I also have the water line system that's separate and they started offering it on the second year that we had it.

The last time I submitted a claim was over a year and a half ago and it was for a heater. We ran into a little problem with the service people, and we wound up not using them again and Home Warranty wound up not wanting them again. We submitted our claim over the phone and it's been working fine after being fixed. They're good and dependable. I'd recommend them to anybody.

Good Afternoon Marsell,

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I am a part of a property management company and we handle work orders. The beginning of the claim is a little difficult because their customer service representatives don't understand that as a property manager I represent the owner of the property and I have to put in the claim. It’s a little difficult to get through that initial, “Hey, this is who I am and this is what I’m trying to do." But after that it gets a lot easier. Also their technicians are good and fast. I don't get any complaints from my residents. They go out there and complete the work. After the work is done I send out a survey and I typically get good results. Everything is good to go and the residents don't have to worry about anything.

Good Morning Bryon,

Thank you for leaving us feedback based on your personal experiences with our company. We do apologize for any difficulties in submitting claims. You should be able to file a claim without question as long as your name is on the account as an account holder or authorized representative by the account holder. Also, you are more than welcome to submit a claim with a chat representative, by phone or through our online portal as long as the account is registered. Please feel free to chat with a live chat agent at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions, concerns or need our assistance. Thank you and have an amazing day!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We used to have a home warranty with a different company for quite a few years. The companies that they contracted with were incompetent and had inferior service and workers so we switched to Home Warranty of America. So far, they are better in all aspects. I contacted them one time because the heating element in my dryer went out. The first time they attempted to contact a service company, the service company never came to our home. When I called the second time, Home Warranty tried to send another company, but they were located in Everett which is north of Seattle and I'm 60 miles southeast of Seattle. That’s a long distance for them to come and that was their reason for not coming to this area. When I called Home Warranty back, I told them that I wanted somebody who was local that could repair it and get it done. They contacted somebody in Tacoma, which is just 18 miles from us.

The technician did a very good job. He asked me to take a picture of the label on the inside of my dryer that indicated the serial number and model number because he knew exactly what was wrong with it. It was very easy. The quality of the service since the repair was good and the dryer that is 11 years old is still up and running. I had a good experience and I’m very satisfied with Home Warranty of America.

Good Afternoon Evelyn,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide an exceptional rating based on your experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction and look forward to servicing your future needs. Please feel free to reach out to one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com with your full contact information should you ever need our assistance. Thank you again and have an amazing day!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Just purchased a home with a contract with HWA. We had plumbing issues and called to get service. Because I noticed a leak under the kitchen sink before the effective date they refused to cover it. Previous owner also capped the whirlpool bath, I'm guessing because of a bad pump. They also refused to cover it stating it was pre-existing even though the home inspection did not list either problem. They also upsold me additional coverage saying it would cover the tub and fixtures from hidden.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Home Warranty of America provided contractors that have worked with us and there is also the excellent performance of the work they do. I'm satisfied with the service. If I would have something done, I get it done with great expertise. Other sales representatives tell you something but they do the opposite. With Home Warranty, there's a person who's going to perform the work and if you’re not satisfied, you can also respond back to them. I had several claims which I submitted by calling the brands of what I was requesting a work to be performed for and they would tell me what has to be done, give me an estimate of everything and tell me how much I have to pay upfront. There was work to be done on my sump pump and the performance has been excellent since the repair. They just need to continue doing those special good work.

Good Morning Vivian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this great review! We are proud to be your trusted home warranty provider and to give you a little peace of mind when it comes to your repair needs. Please feel free to reach out to one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com with your full contact information should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have an amazing day!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

When I bought my mobile home, Home Warranty of America was in the paperwork. I’ve submitted quite a few claims to them and I always call them to do that. I don't like doing things over the internet because it's more efficient to talk to a person and I've always had good service. The most recent one had to do with my air conditioner. It wasn’t working right and I had to have somebody come out and check and fix it. I've lived in my mobile home for six years and Home Warranty of America has gone out every year for one reason or another and they've always been very well to fix it. I'm very pleased with them and I would hate to be without them. I would recommend Home Warranty of America.

Good Morning Viola,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this great review! We are proud to be your trusted home warranty provider and to give you a little peace of mind when it comes to your repair needs. Please feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The last 3x we used HWA, the company sent out people that didn't show up, didn't call to reschedule, and didn't fix problems. After NUMEROUS calls/ complaints, we still had difficulty getting items fixed in timely manner. They do NOT follow up during Copenhagen claims & it is IMPOSSIBLE to talk to supervisors! They waived our $100.00 fee the last TWO times! Really!? Not enough for all the stress and inconvenience!!! No A/C for a week - A/C company said they would show up a day later - no show - not once but the next time also. HWA SENT NEW COMPANY - which finally showed up when they said they would after other one didn't & it was fixed in 5 minutes! Refrigerator needed a fan! Company didn't come for 16 days! Meanwhile, fridge was working so hard that it shut down and we lost all of our food in the freezer!

Instead of just needing a fan we needed a compressor and other parts and had to wait for them to be ordered and it took over six weeks and it could've been fixed with the fan had they got it to us in a timely manner! Call the supervisor and Guillermo apologized for the one time inconvenience! I reminded him that it wasn't just one time. It was the air conditioner, the refrigerator and our garage door still do not fixed after they've sent people out numerous times. You have to push a button to her three times to get it to open! Not sure why service has declined and maybe they have new owners but we will not renew our contract and we've always been happy with HWA! Perhaps they need to hire more competent companies and managers tend to step up and intervene!!! Especially after customer has already had one bad experience!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

When I bought my home, the first year with Home Warranty of America was provided for me and I continued to renew it. Their price is okay and they send a good service personnel every time. I either call them or go to the internet to submit claims. I tell them what's wrong and they give me an order number and then they call the contractor and let me know who it is. Also, they tell me to give the contractor a call and set up the appointment if I won't hear from them within 24 hours. The only thing I didn’t like is they kept fixing my 30-year-old AC unit instead of replacing it. And they said they would do it until they could no longer find the part that it needs. After being with them for eight and a half years, they could have replaced my AC after it went out the fourth time, but I ended up buying a new one on my own.

Hi Kathleen,

We greatly appreciate you for leaving us such an exceptional review based on your personal experiences. We strive to proud our customer's great customer satisfaction. In regards to your concern for a repair vs a replacement, HWA will only offer a replacement, if the item is no longer repairable or if the repair cost exceeds the replacement cost. Please feel free to contact one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com should you have any questions or need our assistance. Thank you again and have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The mortgage company arranged for the year’s worth of coverage with Home Warranty of America. Their reps were good. The techs they’ve sent out were all very good and helpful and they all did their jobs, too, up until recently. Early this year, I had a problem with my air conditioner, and the young man who came out just looked at it and told me it was old and it couldn’t be fixed, but he couldn’t authorize a new one either. I then told him to let HWA know but he said the company won’t replace it. And then he left and I got charged $60 for the visit. I went ahead and replaced my air conditioner.

I wish the company would be more honest on what the policy covers and what it doesn’t. I carried the warranty because the air conditioner I have was in the process of dying, but it didn’t do me any good in the end. I’ve gotten new appliances now and I don’t need a warranty. We were going to cancel our policy this year but we were not quick enough, so I’m going to carry it for one more year, then I probably will cancel it out. But other than the air conditioner incident, all the other experiences we’ve had with HWA had been very good.

Good Morning Doris,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. Regarding coverage, once a claim is submitted, a technician will come out to officially diagnosis the problem. The coverage will be based on the technician's diagnosis, recommended solution and the contract terms. Should there be any additional out of pocket expenses such as modifications or items not covered by the warranty, this will be discussed with you prior to any repairs or replacements. Unfortunately, not all claims can be (completely) covered per the contract's exclusions, and I apologize if these exclusions were not thoroughly explained to you previously. HWA does warranty 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts. If you would like further clarification about your contract's terms, or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com and we will be happy to assist.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We got Home Warranty of America when we purchase our home and we've been renewing it since then. I've submitted claims over the phone and their claims representatives have been very courteous. They had been helpful and they were always prompt in getting service out to me.

Good Morning Keria,

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We've been with Home Warranty of America for 12 years. I stay with them because they are fairly responsive and they have a wide network. It's very easy to renew contract with them too. Also, their customer service people have been very empathetic. However, my experience in submitting claims have been mixed. Sometimes their network is not available right away so I have to wait a few days. I’d propose somebody that I know to come and fix the problem, but Home Warranty of America would not approve it. On the other hand, the techs that they've sent out have been fairly competent. It’s just that they should widen their network more so that they can find somebody who's available when we need them right away.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful rating based on your experience with our company. We certainly value you as a customer and look forward to servicing your future needs. In reference to our vendors, we have a vendor development department in which reviews and approves service providers through an exhaustive process in markets that we serve. Please feel free to reach out to one of our live chat agents at hwahomewarranty.com with your full contact information should you ever need our assistance or have any questions and concerns. Thank you again and have an amazing day!

Home Warranty of America Company Information