2.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Home Warranty of America, Inc. we have built our business on simplifying the lives of our customers and helping them immediately, in times of great need and uncertainty. We strive to always offer our customers fast, easy solutions with our network of qualified service technicians.

Home Warranty of America specializes in home warranty plans, real estate, home sellers warranty, appliance warranty, and home protection plans. Whether you are planning to sell your home, buy a new one, or just staying in your home, we can save you money and time, and bring you peace of mind when you need it most. Get a free quote from us today!

BBBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Home Warranty of America provides advanced coverage options at a reasonable rate. While it can take up to 48 hours to schedule a service, benefits like ENERGY STAR certified appliance upgrades really set the company apart.

PROS

• ENERGY STAR appliance upgrades
  • High coverage limits
  • Nationwide coverage

CONS

• Service scheduling wait time

Top Home Warranty of America Reviews

03/01/2019

Submitting a claim to HWA is very simple and easy. Everybody has been professional, and they usually give a time when the contractor will contact us. I’m very satisfied with them. The warranty is worth the money.

02/24/2019

I just call them and they send quality people out, and they take care of it. The techs don't give up. They keep going until they get the thing fixed, and that's greatly appreciated. If it was something major like a washing machine or air conditioning, they would make it happen that day.

Home Warranty of America plans

Home Warranty of America has been protecting homeowners, buyers and sellers for decades. They have multiple coverage options, so customers can choose what best suits their needs. They offer warranties in 49 states (excluding California) with a trusted network of service professionals nationwide. For existing homeowners, Home Warranty of America offers two levels of coverage.

• Premier: The Premier plan is the most affordable plan for existing homeowners and covers over 20 major household systems and appliances. You can also add on optional coverage for extra individual items such as well pumps, stand-alone refrigerators and more.
  • Premier Plus: The Premier Plus plan covers all major systems and appliances. It includes their Premium Coverage option at no extra cost, which adds 25 additional items, like plumbing fixtures and toilet replacement.

Both of these plans have 13-month warranty periods. You’ll also have the option of adding GreenPlus, which qualifies customers to replace their old appliances with energy-efficient models, and OrangePlus, which covers additional components and services, including water softeners and re-key.

In addition, Home Warranty of America also offers home warranty plans for those buying or selling a home. Under these plans, coverage options may vary by state. 13-month coverage contracts are available with Gold, Platinum or Diamond Plans that each have optional sellers’ and buyers’ coverages. It’s important to note that these plans can only be purchased by a real estate agent.

Home Warranty of America cost

The average cost of Home Warranty of America’s coverage is $41–$54 per month for existing homeowners. Costs vary based on the trade call service fee option chosen ($75 or $100) as well as any add-on protections.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
Premier Plan$75$44.62
 $100$41.15
Premier Plus$75$53.46
 $100$50.38

Home Warranty of America provides 13-month terms, compared with other home warranty companies who only have 12-month contracts. We find their prices to be pretty fair overall and the cost about average when it comes to industry standards. The higher of their two service call fee options is on the pricier side at $100, but not out of average range for the industry, which is $60–$125..

Home Warranty of America coverage

The Premier plan provides production for the following items:

• Built-in microwaves
  • Washers/dryers
  • Water heaters
  • Whirlpool bathtubs
  • Air conditioning

The Premier Plus plan is the more comprehensive choice for existing homeowners to consider. The plan covers everything included in the Premier Plan plus additional items including increased toilet replacement protection, plumbing fixtures, faucets and showerheads.

Optional add-on coverage is available at an extra cost for the following items:

ItemCost per month
Pool/spa combo, saltwater pools$11.54
Roof leak repair, septic tank pumping$3.85
Second refrigerator, stand-alone freezer$2.69
SEER/R-410A modifications$5.77
Septic system$3.86
Well pump$6.54

Home Warranty of America also offers two add-on packages:

The GreenPlus add-on includes coverage to upgrade appliance replacements with ENERGY STAR qualified products. Includes dishwashers, refrigerators, clothes washers, heating system replacement and water heaters.

The OrangePlus add-on includes coverage for water softeners and re-key, provides the removal of defective equipment at no extra charge and increases coverage limits for the following items:

• Code Violations/Permits up to $250
  • Professional Series Appliances up to $2,000
  • Toilet Replacement up to $600

2263 Home Warranty of America Consumer Reviews

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: May 16, 2019

We had two options for home warranty when we bought our house. We went with Home Warranty of America because there were more options to choose from and it was more flexible. It was a little bit more expensive, but they covered a lot more things than the other company. When we signed up, we just did one phone call, verified some information, and then we were ready to go. When we renewed last year, they called me, which was really nice and very convenient. The sales rep was very, very nice. So, we had a very good experience.

We have submitted two claims. I was able to use their website and to file my first claim. They were able to schedule somebody for me to come out and took care of the issue, which wasn’t a problem. And that all worked very easily. So, using their web interface was very simple. For the second claim, they didn’t have anybody available for at least a month, and it was an air conditioner issue, so it really had to get resolved quickly. I ended up having to schedule someone individually on my side. That was a little bit more complicated being that a lot of our local providers don’t wanna work with the warranty company because you have to call them and you have to verify and validate. The company that I went through to do the work was very reluctant and very negative about home warranty companies, which doesn’t really speak of Home Warranty of America so much as it does of the person and the company that did the work for us. As a result of that, we won't be using that particular company anymore.

The hard part from a claims perspective is I actually never placed that second claim. It ended up not costing me very much and never failed the claim because we tried to call, we couldn’t get through, and the wait times were more than two minutes, which I personally didn't think was excessive. I work in a call center, so I know what wait times were like. It was just that level of impatience of the person who fixed it made it seem like a lot longer. So, the first claim experience was really, really good, and very quick, and very simple when they scheduled somebody. But when I scheduled somebody for the second claim, my experience was not nearly as good.

Home Warranty of America could do a better job of being out in the community of providers and talking about their services, giving out phone numbers, and helping those providers understand that they are providing a service to their clients. They could also do a better job of giving the homeowner information about the things that we need to tell the local contractor when we first call them to make sure the technician is aware and up to speed on what they need to do. It would take a lot of the burden off of the homeowner because the people who come out to fix it wanna have a good rapport with the client as well.

The peace of mind of having Home Warranty of America has been really great because home repairs can be very expensive, especially if you have to replace an air conditioner or a heating system. We haven't really had to utilize at all that much, but in retrospect, it's not that expensive for the peace of mind that you get knowing that it's gonna get fixed. We have a particular thing on our policy that if our air conditioner went out and it needed to be entirely replaced, it would be replaced with an energy-efficient appliance as well of our choosing. Home Warranty of America makes it easy to get the coverage and to keep the coverage that you need, and they also do a good job of notifying you when your policy renews. So, they do a good level of communication.

Good Morning Kelly,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide an exceptional rating based on your personal experience with us. We are working diligently to improve processes within our company to ensure that we have consistently great customer satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to one of our live chat agents at www.hwahomewarranty.com with your full contact information should you ever need our assistance. Thank you again and have an amazing day!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I already had Home Warranty of America, so I just renewed it. At first, submitting a claim went fairly easy. The one thing that concerns me is the fact that it started out really good, and then, stuff started coming off of it. For instance, the first year, our roof was covered. And then they had me upgrade it because we had a water softener and it was covered. Everything was covered. On the second year, all of a sudden, those things disappeared, and I didn’t get a notification of it disappearing. Then when I asked a question, it was, “We don’t cover roofs in Delaware.” I told them they did because I had it in my contract. So, then, when I asked them about the water softener, they said they don’t cover those anymore.

An issue popped up with the garage door opener, and they sent me somebody that did work on it. The problem with it was he didn’t wanna work on the door because he said he had a hard time getting paid. He said, “I’ll tell you what, I’ll fix the door, this is how much it’s gonna cost.” And I said, “Well, you gonna get $100 anyway.” It was $30 more than what I would have had to pay but I needed my door fixed. So, I told him to fix the door and I’d give him the $30 more. But that's one of the issues that I’m finding with the company.

I’m getting mails and telephone calls from other companies asking me to join them. And I’m hesitant about doing that. One company said, “Well, your service fee won’t be as much.” But then as I read it on further, it all depends on the package that you got as to what the service was gonna be. So, then, I told my wife that when we had an issue with the furnace and the heating system, Home Warranty of America took care of us. We went a little bit longer than what was anticipated on getting that corrected. However, we did get it corrected.

When the furnace issue first started out, the company they sent in said they were gonna see about changing it out. And I told them this system is new. It’s a top-of-the-line system. It’s hybrid system. And it was in the dead of winter when it went out. It had actually gone out for about a month. But come to find out, we had a heat pump and our backup was the furnace. So the person that did the installation did not set the furnace up correctly, and he didn’t set the heat pump up correctly.

And what had happened was we had ran out of fuel, and we couldn’t figure out why. So, we are holding up and then we found out that it was burning gas the whole time. So, we finally got it corrected. We still use the second company that HWA sent in to do the correction. And in fact, they were here just the other day doing the service. The only thing was we didn’t know that the service part of it wasn’t on this warranty. So, I had to take out a service contract with the company that they’ll come back twice a year to check on it. So, I did that the other day.

Douglas,

Thank you for this review based on your firsthand experiences with our company. In reference to contract coverage changes, we do advise on the renewal notice to be sure to read the new contract documents carefully so that you understand any potential changes/improvements to your coverage. All items eligible for coverage may be reviewed in the online portal as well as the contract confirmation documents.

Please don't hesitate to contact us by phone at 1-888-492-7359 or by live chat at www.hwahomewarranty.com should you need our assistance or have any questions or concerns. Thank you again and have a pleasant day!

Original review: May 5, 2019

I had been with a couple of other home warranties and I found that it didn't cover enough areas and that they weren't responsive enough. And also, if you had a claim after you paid thousands of dollars, they say, "Oh, we don't wanna renew you," even with a minor claim. So I looked up Home Warranty of America and they seem to have a lot of good ratings and responses. It cost me $1,000 a year, but they seem to have a lot more coverage and I liked it. I spent a year with them. I've had my problems, but overall they're the best home warranty I've worked with.

We have 3,200 square foot house in Malibu, and the elements are always out here. And you can do as much as you can do, but at a certain point, things happen, and it's probably best to protect your appliances and your plumbing and your electrical stuff and your septic lines. All those things are covered by them. However, they have call banks in Manila or India and I get very frustrated. I'm not a racist person at all. I love everybody. I have no problem with anybody doing anything. I'm proud for anybody that can step up and become a call center person. But with that comes the responsibility of speaking, understanding and comprehending in English and learning how to articulate. When it comes to business, I wanna deal with people who can solve my problem. I don't wanna deal with people who don't understand English.

It takes me hours and hours to deal with the Filipinos or the Indians to try to get them to comprehend in English what the issue is and to try to track down the various things I'm asking them to track down and look up certain things. I always demand that they send me to a US-based supervisor. And it takes me hours and hours and hours. Ultimately, I might get to a US supervisor. I have one number from a person who covers California, who never wants to answer her phone call. She just leaves a message. But I know if I leave a message for her, she will get on the case if I give her enough stuff. But there is their problem.

Many times, they have a contractor, and that's fine. Any time, they don't have a local contractor I'll say, "Well, I have this guy I know that could do it," I say, "You should contact him." They say, "Oh, no, you have them contact us." And they say, "Oh, we don't wanna contact them because they don't pay on time. They don't do this." They need better contractors and they need to have more of them. And they can't put the onus on the client. They gotta have enough contractors in every area they service. But when the work finally gets done, it's good. HWA is the best there out there now. But I'd like to make them better. Their executives are free to call me. I'll be glad to talk to them.

Home Warranty of America response

Thank you, Marty, for taking the time for the amazing review! At Home Warranty of America, we strive to meet the needs of all of our customers. We are glad we could assist in your home repairs! We’re using your feedback to make some significant changes to our internal processes. If there is ever anything we can do in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or live chat. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 2, 2019

We had made two claims to Home Warranty of America so far. The first one was about a garbage disposal that worked once, and the second time we turned on the switch, nothing happened. The contractor came, and we had to pay the $100 fee for the mechanic to come, and they replaced the garbage disposal, and they did that very quickly.

The second claim was when we ran into a problem with our refrigerator. It worked fine, but there's a control on the front of the refrigerator that tells the temperature of the refrigerator, which was 37 degrees, and the other one says the temperature of the freezer, which was set at 0. But it would change the temperature of the freezer without us touching it. It would go from 0 down to -6 in increments of 1. Then it would go from -6, it would jump back up to +8, and then it would work its way back down again. And each time it changed temperature, it would start dinging. At 3 in the morning while we were sleeping, we would hear this dinging.

Home Warranty sent out Golden & Golden and I paid them the $100 to come. First, they looked at it to determine what they felt was wrong with it. And then they came back with what they called the thermostat, and they changed it but it did not solve the problem. So, later on they determined that we were gonna get a new main circuit board for the refrigerator which was at the back of the refrigerator, but nobody could find it to replace it because the refrigerator is 13 years old, and parts aren’t readily available. I got a call from Home Warranty that they had secured a rebuilt, and they said they were gonna mail it to my home, and once I received it, I have to call Golden & Golden to come and install it, which was what we did. It also did not solve the problem. Now, we’re going into six months of this.

I called Home Warranty and told them that it has been going on a long time and asked if we could get somebody from Kenmore to come and look at it because the people from Golden & Golden were not capable of repairing it. So they sent somebody from Kenmore, and the fellow came, and he looked it. I did not have to pay him an extra charge. It was covered by my first initial payment. He told me that I might need the circuit board that goes on the front of the refrigerator where the actual temperature was changing. Then he reported that back to Home Warranty. The next thing I knew, I got a call from Home Warranty that that part was no longer available. They couldn’t find it, so they were going to give me a new refrigerator.

They offered me a specific model from GE. They offered me $1,700 cash and I could pick out my own refrigerator and then I would be paying for the installation, or I could go to either Best Buy or one of those stores, and see if I could pick out a different refrigerator, and whether or not they would cover it. So I looked in Best Buy and I found a refrigerator that was comparable to the one they offered me and bought it. They delivered and installed it, and they took the old one away. The two gentlemen that came to install it were very good. They did a very good job.

Everything worked out well. Everything is fine now because the old refrigerator was gone, no more dinging, and I have a brand new refrigerator at no cost to me since it was covered by the warranty. But Home Warranty could have done a better job of finding somebody better to resolve the problem. I felt that the claim could have been resolved a lot sooner had they had somebody more competent.

Home Warranty of America response

Good Morning, Martin. We wanted to thank you for taking some time to share your experience! We are always looking for ways to grow & improve our business, and customer feedback is a very important part of that process. We are so glad to hear the you received a new refrigerator, and that your claim was successfully resolved. Thank you, Martin, and have an awesome day! - Jack

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The repairs were astronomical and unpredictable, so you never knew when something was going to break down so it would be more economical if I went with Home Warranty of America or any warranty company. Signing up for the service was very easy and everyone was very cooperative. They responded to any of my requests in a timely manner when I submitted claims.

However, I had one contractor go out to our location to do the job, but he didn't complete the job. He said it needed extra work. What I didn't like about it is that I had to pay the fee when they got at the door – before they do anything. It was not like they do the work, then bill you. We called them back and said that they didn't do the job that they were hired to do and they wanted to charge us another fee for going out a second time when they screwed up the first time. They said that they were going to waive the charge. It was time-consuming to get on the phone and wait for somebody to come on and get transferred to a different operator. They took our information and said that they would call us, but they never did.

I also just ordered a furnace for one of my properties. The delivery was scheduled and the installation was scheduled for last Thursday. They called and left a message and said that the delivery was on back-order, but it didn't come in. When I called, they said that the delivery had come in and I asked when the installation was going to be. They said that what happened was they were sent the wrong delivery and that they had to reorder, so they couldn't get it until the 2nd of January. I asked the rep if the problem was because they couldn't get any technicians to go out and install it or was it because the furnace was really in back-order. He said that they ordered an up-flow, but they were sent a down-flow, so they had to send it back. He also said that he just spoke to the people and they said that it would be in by the 2nd of January.

I asked when the installation schedule was. He said it was scheduled for the 2nd or the 3rd of January. I didn't like that because that was too long and the house has tenants. We made amends for the inconvenience for the tenants, but they are dragging their foot on the situation. I also have a complaint because it took them too long to okay the replacement of the furnace. The furnace was working when they went to the house and they rebuilt the air conditioner. The air condition was connected to the furnace and when they finished installing the new air conditioner, they had to disconnect the furnace. They went back to install the air conditioner, but when the tenants turned the furnace on, it wouldn't come on.

I called Home Warranty of America and they called Complete Mechanical Services. They said they would go out and check out the furnace. I told them that it was their fault that the furnace was not working because it was working when they started working on the air-con. They said that it was not their fault I needed a new furnace. Now, I'm paying $1400 for a new furnace and they wanted to buy me out. They offered me several hundred dollars and I could find someone to install the furnace myself, but I decided why I had to go through it when I already got somebody on it. I had to reschedule with the tenant. The new technician wouldn't have to go out and may not be able to get on his schedule for another week or two, so I decided to go with them.

It was the only thing I was not happy about, but everything else was fine. Home Warranty of America just took too long to make decisions if they were going to replace it. Another thing I don't like is when the technician goes out and does a job, they don't send the report to the owner. I asked Complete Mechanical Services for the report and they said that I had to get it from Home Warranty of America. When I asked Home Warranty of America to email me the reports, so I could read it and see what was wrong, they said they don't send that information out. I'm the one paying for all of this and I couldn't have a copy of the report.

I eventually found somebody else that would do the job more reasonably. It was a communication thing and a negotiating issue with Home Warranty of America. I like to get things done right away. If the tenant called and said something was wrong, I want the work done immediately. I don't want to tell the tenant, "Well, it was supposed to come in and didn't come in. Can you reschedule?" They have to disrupt their lives and reschedule and wait for me. When the rent is due, I want the rent on time, but in order to get the rent paid on time, we hav

Home Warranty of America response
Good Morning, Addison. We certainly appreciate you sharing such a detailed review with us. Feedback from our homeowners is incredibly valuable, as we utilize it to identify areas that need improvement. While we are glad to know that you are satisfied overall, it concerns us that you have experienced a lack of responsiveness at times. Our goal is always to provide an outstanding customer experience, and a big part of that is making sure to handle the claim journey as efficiently as possible. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us should you ever need assistance with moving a claim along. You can connect with our Live Chat team or send us an email directly.

Thank you for the review and 5-star rating, Addison! Have a fantastic day! - Jack

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

We went to closing of our house and our real estate agent said the house had a 13-month Diamond plan from Home Warranty of America. We submitted claims online and we were notified that someone would be in touch with us and someone called. Getting the dryer repaired was a little harder. The guy who came out for it didn’t have the right stuff and he left, then he came back and actually ended up using some of my tools ‘cause he didn’t have the right tools. Then when we submitted the claim for the garbage disposal, it took a little while to get fixed. They assigned it to somebody, but they never got back to us. Eventually, everything was taken care of. They had to replace our garbage disposal. We had quite a heavy duty one that was in there and they had to put something not quite as powerful ‘cause the warranty wouldn’t cover the one that we had.

The contractors have been very polite and letting us know what was going on. In fact, the guy that had to come in and do the garbage disposal had a couple of reasons why he couldn’t make it out and he always called us and told us something else had come up he had to take care of. When he finally came the one day, he said that he would get here till about 8 o'clock at night and he showed up and took care of it. But they answered questions and told us what they were doing. It’s all good. A home warranty is a valuable tool to use in keeping our home running properly. So, I was very happy to have Home Warranty of America and to renew it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I've been with Home Warranty of America for 10 years and I've only had to use it three times for the air conditioner. The process is perfect and very easy. I can just do it online and I get a call back with the appointment set up. For my claims, I got a contractor to come out the same day. There was one time that the person who came out was horrible, nasty and argumentative. I reported him and I refused to let him come back. After that, I haven’t had a problem. My AC has been perfect.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We've had some work done on some damages through Home Warranty of America. Some were good and some not good. When our heater went out last Christmas, I submitted a claim over the phone. We could have someone come out that day, but it had to be one of HWA's guys. The contractor they had assigned took the next three or four days. They had to do a full replacement. But the company that they were recommending couldn't see us until after Christmas. So we ended up going outside of the home warranty because the contractor was taking too long. We didn’t have time to spare, and HWA did not reimburse us for that.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My wife filed a claim for the washing machine over the phone and talked to an HWA representative. A day later, a man was out to check the machine. Then I called and told them that the machine was still making the same knocking noise. They told me that the shocks on the machine were bad. The guy came out and said that he couldn’t do the shocks in the room. He had to take it to his shop and he brought it back here that afternoon. The washing machine’s doing fine now and my wife is happy with it. We've also called HWA twice on the water heater and the washing machine and they responded. The technician that came out on the hot water heater told me that they got us set up to come out and vacuum the bottom of the hot water heater. He said that if the sediments set in there, it would destroy water heaters. I would recommend Home Warranty of America to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Home Warranty of America's customer service is pretty good. I haven't had too many issues with their department. But it's more on how they handle the claims, not in the people that I speak with. When I talk to the people, they're friendly and they wanna do a good job. The biggest problem I've had with Home Warranty of America was when they get called on my refrigerator. They fixed it a billion times. And at this point, I don't even understand why they keep fixing it. It keeps breaking and keep sending a guy to fix it. I've paid more than what I've gotten out of the refrigerator.

There was a couple of summers ago when my AC was out for two months. In my books, when it's 90 or 100-degree days, and my AC is out for two months, that's too long. That's like the whole summer. The only one other big reason why I've kept Home Warranty of America is because I know that my furnace is pushing 30 years, so it's gonna go at any point, and I don't have money to replace it myself. So, this is one of those things where you kind of weigh the risks and see. And so far, they're winning on that one.

Home Warranty of America coverage exclusions

In some instances, there are parts of otherwise covered items that will be excluded from coverage, so it’s important to read your contract to fully understand what “coverage” for each item truly entails. Home Warranty of America does specify some coverage exclusions, which is typical for all home warranty service plans. Typically parts that are not essential to the item performing its core function may be excluded. For example, while dishwashers are covered by both of HWA’s plans, racks, baskets, rollers and door seals are not covered. Similarly, the electrical system coverage won’t cover items like fixtures. You can find a full list of exclusions on Home Warranty of America's sample contract.

Home Warranty of America coverage limits

Home Warranty of America’s coverage limits per term are no more than $5,000 per covered item or $15,000 total per contract term. Standard across home warranty companies, none of their plans cover pre-existing conditions. Specific coverage limits and maximum payouts can depend on the specific appliance or system in need of repair or replacement, outlined in the chart below.

ItemHome Warranty of America’s coverage limit
Electrical or plumbing rust and corrosion$2,000
Heating systems, tankless water heaters, well pumps, saltwater pool equipment$1,500
In-ground pool and spa equipment, water heaters, stand-alone ice makers or freezers$1,000
Ductwork and plumbing systems$1,000 for inaccessible items
Roof leak repair, septic systems, toilets, water softeners$500
Burglar and fire alarm systems, ceiling and exhaust fans, central vacuums$400
Refrigerant$10/pound

Home Warranty of America claims

Claims can be submitted 24/7, including holidays, online or through their toll-free number. Emergency services can be rushed at HWA’s discretion. Someone over the age of 18 must be present in the home during the repair.

How to request service from Home Warranty of America:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
  2. HWA will contact an authorized technician within 48 hours to schedule your requested repair.
  3. Pay the service call fee ($75 or $100, depending on your plan).

Should the repair fail or the same issue occur again within the service recall period (90 days on parts and 30 days on labor), HWA will send a technician to complete new repairs without charging you a service fee or any other additional costs.

Home Warranty of America FAQ

What is Home Warranty of America’s premium coverage option?

Premium coverage expands your standard coverage to include protection for equipment and parts that aren’t standard to home warranty contracts, namely fixtures and accessories like shower heads or dishwasher racks. The plan option covers 30+ items.

What is Home Warranty of America’s cancellation policy?

You can cancel your contract at any time but need to cancel within 30 days to receive a full refund. Cancelling after 30 days will include a small cancellation fee of $30 or 10 percent of the contract fee, whichever is less. Overall, we’ve seen far higher cancellation fees among other companies.

Is a home inspection required by Home Warranty of America?

No. No inspection is required and you will not be denied coverage based on the age of your home, systems or appliances.

Is Home Warranty of America worth it?

Home Warranty of America has several aspects that stand out and make it a good option for homeowners looking for coverage for their systems and appliances.

Home Warranty of America’s record of satisfied homeowners, focus on fast, effective and professional service and number of coverage choices, making it a top choice in home warranties. Both the Premier and the Premier Plus plans from Home Warranty of America offer substantial coverage and peace of mind for homeowners. Our favorite features include the Premier Protection plan, which adds coverage for parts like fixtures and appliance accessories. This coverage is not common to home warranty service plans, and it’s an affordable add-on that really extends the value of your contract. Additionally, the GreenPlus and OrangePlus add-ons make Home Warranty of America one of the most inclusive providers we’ve seen.

Home Warranty of America Company Information