2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

3.6/5 (909 ratings)

About Home Warranty of America

Home Warranty of America Inc. offers warranty plans that protect you from the high cost of unexpected repair bills. The company also provides quick repairs from its network of qualified service technicians. You can choose from one of Home Warranty of America’s two plans that cover more than 20 systems to find a solution that works best for you.

Pros

• High coverage limits
  • Nationwide coverage
  • ENERGY STAR appliance upgrades

Cons

• Scheduling wait time

Bottom Line

Home Warranty of America provides advanced coverage options at reasonable rates. While it can take up to 48 hours to schedule a service, benefits like ENERGY STAR-certified appliance upgrades really set the company apart.

Home Warranty of America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Warranty of America?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Company does not have good customer service. Not happy with them after being with them almost two years. Possibly will cancel service if not fixed. Did not resolve my issue well. Would like the company to resolve the issue but most likely will Not.

Home Warranty of America response

Dear Rene. We regret to hear you are having an unpleasant experience with your active claim/claims. We attempted to contact you via private requesting further details to take a closer look at your case over a few days ago without any response. If the claim is still open, or we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our online team would be more than glad to aid you. Looking forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, - Mateo/The Digital Care Team

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I think you guys did a wonderful job. Thanks for the work that you did on top my roof, you had the contractor to fine a system and he did, within a short amount of time. He came the day in which he said he would and finish the job. Thanks again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I've had trouble getting quality vendors. They are not like a reputable company. They are like a company that only works with home warranty companies.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

My house was getting old and things are gonna start happening. And to have someone say, "It's okay. We'll come fix it anyway" is very appealing. I had leaky faucets. The toilet was also leaking a bit and it was just drip, drip, drip. I called Home Warranty of America and the techs were out two days later. They were courteous, polite, knew what they were doing, and I couldn't ask for any more.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Home Warranty of America has always been very easy to deal with. It's easy to get ahold of someone right away when you call. I had to call back once to get something scheduled. During one of my claims, I had to call twice to get something set up. I did a claim when my air conditioner went out and I had to wait two days for somebody to come out. The techs were able to fix the problem and that was good. I just renewed my policy.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I put in an HVAC and a plumbing claim with Home Warranty of America. Their claim process was adequate and seamless online. The technicians resolved the issue with my plumbing but not so much with the HVAC. The technicians identified all the issues then they reported them back to the Home Warranty. They identified the things that they would cover. After going back and reading over my coverage, everything that the Home Warranty covers were what they told me. That aside, every transaction so far has been great and so were the customer service and the technicians that were chosen to come out.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

If you buy home warranty of HWA, be prepared that your account does not work properly. In my case I cannot file a new claim. I chatted with HWA, but the only thing they advise is to call their phone and file a new claim by phone. They do nothing to fix the problem. Of course, calling by phone takes a lot of time... So cannot recommend Home Warranty of America.

Home Warranty of America response

Dear Sergey. We regret to hear you are having an unpleasant experience with your active claim/claims. We attempted to contact you via private requesting further details to take a closer look at your case over a few days ago without any response. If the claim is still open, or we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our online team would be more than glad to aid you. Looking forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, - Mateo/The Digital Care Team

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Company automatically retained my credit card on file without my knowledge and/or permission and then automatically renewed my home warranty without my knowledge. Submitted a claim on 9/8/21 regarding my garage door opener breaking. Customer service analyst said the opener would be replaced by Lowe’s. I would receive an email within 24 to 48 hours detailing the vendor’s name and contact information along with the date and time of service. I received said email which did NOT include any information as to the vendor assigned to replace my garage door opener nor the vendor’s contact number or the date and time of service. I called HWA and inquired as to the company/vendor assigned to my claim. I was given vendor’s name, contact information along with the date and time of service. I called the vendor yesterday, 9/7/21 regarding the claim. Vendor said he doesn’t work with HWA.

I called HWA several times yesterday 9/7/21, and even spoke with a supervisor who said he needed to do some research and would call me back within an hour. As of this posting, no one from HWA has called me. Late yesterday evening I called HWA as to the status of my claim. HWA asked if I had contacted a particular vendor. Said vendor is in Maryland; I’m in south Texas. I explained that vendor would not be contacting me due the nature of our location. I clashed the customer service analyst if he understood the geography between the vendor and where I live. No response.

Today I called HWA several times regarding my claim. Again, the vendor in Maryland was suggested. I eventually cancelled my claim and home warranty policy. I went to Lowe’s, purchased a garage door opener and paid to have one of their contractors install my garage door opener. Customer service analyst are not properly trained nor is management. Analysts read from a script and do not deviate from the script. One analyst laughed at me. Some analysts have their phone or headset on mute to where when the call is transferred to the analyst the analyst cannot hear the customer and hangs up.

When you contact HWA you have to give your name, contact number, email address and physical address. Then, you are transferred to another department and have to repeat the same information again. If you are transferred to the wrong department, you keep repeating your. Very frustrating and exhausting. Save yourself and do not purchase a home way from HWA. It’s for your own health and peace.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I don't like the service people that Home Warranty of America sends out to the house because they usually don't fix stuff and we have to pay for it. My husband helped fix the shower with the person that came out, so I don't know what I'm paying the warranty for. I also called in a claim for my stove and it is still messed up. The techs only fixed one burner then never came back to fix the front burner. I'm over it at this point. Home Warranty of America also messed up on my payment. It was an automatic payment and I went behind and paid again. They stated that I didn't pay when I actually double paid. Instead of calling about payments all the time, Home Warranty of America should make sure that their service people fix the things that need to be fixed.

Home Warranty of America response

Dear Tomika. We regret to hear you are having an unpleasant experience with your active claim/claims. We attempted to contact you via private requesting further details to take a closer look at your case over a few days ago without any response. If the claim is still open, or we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our online team would be more than glad to aid you. Looking forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, - Mateo/The Digital Care Team

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have a AC that intermate failing and most time is not kicking on when temperature is reached. I called for service. The technician came found the ECM module is intermate failing, and he has a problem find a parts from Lennox because the Covid. He try to use him spare parts, then found the model number is not the same. Then he decided to call the Home Warranty of America, after the long time calling he came back just want to collect his $100 check. I then contacted the company, they told me the technician said it's eventually will be bad, so they suggest me call back when really failing. I told them it's failing now and I also realized the technician took my check and ran. They said I can make a new case again, but I will have to pay another $100 if another technician says the AC is OK. What a joke.... I spend money twice ($560+$100) end up I still have to live with the intermate failing AC?

Home Warranty of America Company Information