Home Depot Windows & Doors

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

About Home Depot Windows & Doors

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Home Depot Windows & Doors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Windows & Doors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

If I could give ZERO stars I would! I made the mistake of calling Home Depot to get a quote for new windows for my historic home in Portland. I knew I wanted wood windows to replace the 100 yr old windows I currently have. After the sticker shock of the ridiculously high prices, I went ahead and ordered new windows for the bedrooms only. This was in May 2021. Months go by with delays and I get a call the windows are in! They sent a contractor to install them and he refused to wear a mask and used the word "plandemic" to describe the Covid19 pandemic. I had asked that they send a vaccinated and masked installer which they did not do. They also did not have all the windows.

I took two days off to deal with the windows and did not get the windows since they failed to mention they did not have them all. Another month goes by and they call claiming to have all the windows. They sent a different installer and I took the two days off to get the windows installed. This time, I learn one of the windows they ordered was completely wrong and another window I needed never got ordered! The customer service is horrible. They sent a guy to my house to smooth things over and he promised a rush order for the two windows remaining to complete my order. He promised I would have them within a month and definitely before Thanksgiving.

On Oct 8, I received a call from Home Depot Installation Services that the windows will not be in until the third week of January 2022! When I reached out to the Installation Manager, he blamed it on the manufacturer. Once they get the sale, Home Depot does not care about the customer. The contractors they use are terrible. They damaged my home and have not made it right. I recommend going through a reputable window company to order new windows and never Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

First off contacted Home Depot in June. Took 4 weeks for them to send someone to see what I needed done and to take measurements etc. Then over the next 2 1/2 months mix up after mix up with them going to the wrong city with the an incorrect address for permit. Finally after 4 months the installer comes and immediately complains because it is a big job with lots of labor. I say that is why I'm having a professional do it and why I had someone come out to assess it before placing order.

4 1/2 hrs later I find out that part of the framing is wood. The reason for the door and frame replacement is D/T weather damage to wood. I was assured by the gentleman that came out that everything would be weatherproof. IT'S NOT!!. The door itself is all scratched up, looks much older and more worn than the one I had there, scratches and dings on my walls. WILL NEVER USE Home Depot OR RF INSTALLERS AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Steve B. -Salem Oregon. Home Depot Windows and window installation team was absolute garbage. We ordered the higher end version of the Simonton Windows with the installation being provided by Home Depot. A total of 19 windows were being replaced during our home remodel. The original order and contract was Feb of 2021 with a deliver date of March 2021. Our windows didn’t arrive until June of 2021 pushing our construction remodel way past our original completion date with our GC.

When the windows did arrive with the installation Team we learned they were a subcontractor “Not Home Depot Service Employees” as promised. I questioned the installation of the windows several times since they did not arrive with the installation nailing flange as was ordered. They indicated everything was fine and not to worry. However once they were complete and my GC returned to finish the siding we learned the windows were installed incorrectly according to my GC. So he had to reinstall all the windows using correct flashing material prior to his team installing the siding on the house. We had 3 windows with damaged sashes and 1 window exterior pain was broke on arrival.

It's now October and we still can't get them back on site for the replacements and repairs. On top of that we had to pay for all the windows and installation in advance since we were using our Home Depot credit card. My recommendation is use a quality manufacturer and one of their licensed representative companies that professionally provides windows and their installation as their primary business function. Don’t use a big box store.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

As stated by others, Home Depot should just stick to selling products and not installing them. I had a disastrous experience with a window installation that never happened. Sales person came to my home at my request and we ordered windows that were to be installed by Home Depot. I paid a 25% deposit and scheduled an install date. The day prior to my install I took down all of my blinds and drapes, moved furniture, and made the necessary preparations that were requested by them. They gave me a 2 hour window for their arrival time, 8am-10am. By 10:15am, when they still had not arrived I called the scheduling dept. I was told that my install date had been changed and they were not scheduled to come that day. No one ever informed me. So I called the salesperson who sold me the windows, he apologized, and since it was Friday afternoon, said he would get back to me on Monday. I heard nothing from anyone for almost an entire month.

The only reason someone called me is because I disputed the deposit with my credit card company and they notified Home Depot. I then received a call from the scheduling manager who told me I already had another install date scheduled. Once again, no one had contacted me to schedule anything. When I wanted to simply cancel my order several other managers got involved and we came to an agreement and I was given a discount. So the install was back on. I went through the process again of preparing the for the install, blinds, drapes, moving furniture, etc. Once again, the installers never showed up. I called the managers I had made the deal with only 24 hours prior, only to be told that the schedule had changed again, and I hadn't been informed, again.

At this point I had taken a day off work for the initial install date, and now had gotten up extra early on a Saturday and wasted half the day waiting. They wasted enough of my time and I cancelled the entire install. Home Depot uses subcontractors and there is simply a huge disconnect between Home Depot sales people, scheduling department and the subcontractors. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of using Home Depot to install anything in your home. They're good at selling stuff, and that's about it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I had bad service. Order 7 windows in March 2021. Still have not got my windows. Paid 4700. Told Home Depot give me my money, cancel order. They do not answer emails and said I would have windows for 5 months straight. I am a unsatisfied customer who never got windows or installment yet they took my money. I now wait for a refund to max. Do not use this company. Stay far away.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Home Depot is the worst company I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Not only did their sales representatives (Mark) outright lied to me but even told me he had misrepresented what he had told me during the time of the sale. After being completely convinced that I would receive the product I had sold I was then called by the installation manager who informed me that they could not/would not be able to give me what they sold me. Tim offered a credit for some blinds (unknown amount) he would not disclose the amount, so I declined his offer and to be honest I wouldn't have expected it anyways because I still had windows in my house that was not what I had asked for.

They use your windows that are already in your home and just remove the old window sash and set the new windows inside of the old. After the installation guy left the sealing/face tape around the windows fell off. They have not sent replacement tape nor have they came back out to reinstall the windows correctly. I will not pay another cent until I get the Product and Installation I was Promised. Worst company ever. I will never use them again and I will make it my goal to inform as many people about their services. DON'T USE HOME DEPOT!!!

Original review: June 7, 2021

NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING! Each installer sent to my home said something completely different than the last one. We had to have 3 different sets of doors ordered (each taking 8-10 weeks to make) and none of the doors ordered were correct! The blame shifted and passed the buck on Home Depot (whom they are contracted through) and 9 months later we still have no doors even though each installer double checked the order Home Depot made each time and said we were good to go. There is a massive disconnect between Home Depot and Lex Construction (the only installer they contract with) as no one seems to know what they are doing and everyone says something different and blames each other. THEY NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER AS THE INCOMPETENCE IS SEVERE AND VERY REAL!!!

We finally had enough and cancelled our order after they dropped the ball for a third time. The last straw being doors ordered were too big and now missing the necessary hardware to install. The installer’s customer service is the worst I have ever experienced which added insult to injury. Supervisors Holly and Hailey are completely rude and a nightmare to deal with as is every installer we dealt through this painstaking process. Home Depot is just as bad as we are now told we have to wait until the installer returns the doors to them in order for us to get a refund. Unbelievable!!! We charged on our home depot credit card and have been paying for 9 months on doors we never received and will never get at this point and they can’t do the right thing and refund us our money?? DO NOT USE THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE 9 MONTHS TO WASTE AND WANT NOTHING BUT AGGRAVATION. I would give zero stars if that was an option.

Original review: May 27, 2021

In February 2021, Home Depot sent their technicians to install windows in my house. When they got there, they not messed up the marble ceramic under one of my window, they also install the wrong door in my patio. Their screen door is cheap it ripped out the same day after installation. After I realized all these problems, I called them to report them. They told me they will send the technicians back fix their mistakes. Unfortunately, it's been over 4 months nobody ever come on my doorstep to fix their mess. They were fast to collect the money, but slow to fix their mistakes. I completely regret I chose them as window installer company. I hope you avoid doing business with them too.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Went to the Home Depot store on Oakland Park Blvd today May 19th to do some shopping of household items and electrical items as I’m renovating my home. first I went to the aisle for window blinds. I saw associate by the paint area. I asked her if she could assist me in ordering some blinds. She pointed to another associate at the end of the blinds aisle, so I thank her and proceed to that associate.

I politely said, "Good afternoon ma’am. Can you please help me with the blinds?" There was a gentleman about 7ft away from her ..so when I asked her if she could assist me her response was “YOU DON’T SEE ME HELPING SOMEONE??" I said to her “my dear I wouldn’t know if you’re helping another customer. All you have to say is am assisting another customer. I’ll be right with as soon as am done, but to talk to me in that harsh manner is not good customer service."

I left my cart with over $300 dollars of items same place and walked out the store.. I will not be shopping at Home Depot again because my money has values just like anyone else’s. Some of Home Depot workers are very lazy and not friendly at all.. My advice is if they are not satisfied with their job then find another freaking one because it’s obvious that she has a problem. I took my money to Lowe’s and made a purchased of $1200.00 and was treated with respect and great customer service..

Original review: April 26, 2021

I was very disappointed with Home Depot Installation Services for windows. We were told directly that the installers would appear in Home Depot shirts with HD badges and were HD employees. Instead some non-English speaking guys came without masks. When they were done, HD insisted upon final payment even before scheduling inspection. They failed to schedule the inspection until after the permit expired and then only in response to a bad review. The Installation Manager, Craig, made excuse after excuse and became rude and insulting, belittling me because of my small company before leaving. I will never trust Home Depot to tell me the truth or provide what is promised again.

Original review: March 14, 2021

We purchased impact resistant windows in 2/21. In 11/21 one cracked. We contacted Home Depot on 11/30 and then again on 12/10. We were told the window would be replaced and it would take from 6 to 8 weeks. We have called and emailed several times asking about the replacement and no one answers or returns our calls. This is 3/14 and we are still living with the hole in the window and we are still waiting for this window to be repaired. We spoke with someone in the service departments over two months ago and they said they were ordering the window. We have heard nothing since. We have called the person we spoke with and were unable to reach him but left a voice mail.

That was more than a week ago. To date we have not heard back. Needless to say this is very frustrating and certainly does not speak well of Home Depot. Any help you can give will be appreciated as we are at our wits' end with this. We have been given 3 different numbers **, 678-666-1787 and finally 877-903-3768. All after first calling the main Home Depot Number 800-466-3337. We purchased these very expensive windows from Home Depot because the Home Depot representative touted their excellent customer service for window replacement. Too bad that is all just talk.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I ordered a $1,400 mahogany front door on Feb 17th. The product page said it was in stock and gave me an estimated delivery of Feb 26th to March 2nd. I was excited about getting this new beautiful door. Tonight on February 20th I received an email from Home Depot saying my ordered was "Backordered" with no expected arrival date! They said if it didn't ship by March 31st, the order would be cancelled. WTF?? You're either going to have it or not, don't keep my hanging. The door went from being in stock to being backordered 5 days later? This is simply infuriating. I had contacted my contractor and set up a date to install the door. Now, apparently I have no door coming. I'm pretty pissed at this ** and won't be purchasing the $5000 worth of appliances we had planned to. Hopefully Lowe's will handle purchases better.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

We were super excited to be getting new windows. However, it all went downhill with Home Depot services. The man who came out to measure and sell the product was nice. The inspector was scheduled to come out and unfortunately, I was in the backyard and missed his call when he was waiting in front for me (we had a window of time). I called him right back and texted him within 5 minutes. He never returned any of my calls or text messages. I left numerous messages...the only person who communicated with me was Krista the Installation Coordinator, but she left for vacation for two weeks. I tried over and over to reach someone about rescheduling the inspection.

After a few emails, someone finally responded that they were letting a manager know about the inspector not returning calls. We decided to cancel based on the very poor customer service and lack of communication. Over 6 weeks later, I still haven't received a call from a Sales Manager regarding when we should be receiving our deposit back. We were told the Installation would be finished no longer than 6 weeks. It took the 6 weeks just to get an appointment for another person to come measure, again. We found out the windows would not be done until the end of February, possibly even March. We met with the salesman and paid a nice deposit on November 3rd.

We are extremely disappointed. We went through Home Depot to get our kitchen countertop and it was a wonderful experience from start to finish. This was a completely opposite experience. The lack of communication from any Manager regarding our refund is especially upsetting. We are open to using Home Depot for other services, but definitely never the window department.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

My husband and I had a specialist come out to our home in September to measure for a new bay window. We placed the order the same month. The first available installation date was November 30th. The contractor canceled the installation for that day due to a chance of rain, no rain that day at my house until 4:30pm. He rescheduled the instillation for Dec 7th and now we are having to reschedule again due to weather. The contractor called to let me know the first available appointment they have is January 5th. Again, we have been waiting since September for this window to be installed and have already paid for 25% of the cost. This has been the worst customer experience we have ever had!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I had all my windows replaced by Home Depot with the selling point of lifetime replacement. One of my windows was broken and called on 10-10-20 for replacement and was told I would hear from someone in 5-7 business days. After numerous phone calls I finally received a return call from the installation manager about 2 1/2 weeks later. I told him to just ship me the window sash and I could replace it myself. I was told it should take 2-3 weeks. So far it has been over 3 weeks and no window and I cannot get a return phone call to the tracking information. If you need windows I would use a local contractor.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I have ordered blinds for all of the windows at our new home. They changed my selection, because of technical difficulties. When the blinds were installed they were totally different from what I wanted in style and size. I could not be there when it was installed so I was shocked to see that not only it’s different but not functional either. The adjusting rods are so short and up high that we need a step ladder to reach them. One of the blinds is all tangled up and can’t be pulled down.

I called the Bradenton Fl Home Depot to complain numerous times as well as the installer. I still have not heard back from them after almost two months now. I spent over $5000 for the window treatments that we can’t operate or look right. I guess once you lay down your money you are on your own and you can just jump up and down... trying to adjust the blades... Warranty and service stops right there. I am very very upset and will never buy anything from Home Depot. How can you trust them??

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I purchased 9 Simonton 6500 windows from HD. The warranties vary by windows however, these come with a Lifetime Warranty Installation and Double Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty so this is transferable to the next resident. The windows were poorly installed initially. We had leaking in a few of the windows resulting in rotted trim. We have continued to contact HD to fix the issues through Installation Services and Customer Care.

In April, they sent out two Certified HD Exteriors representatives to assess our windows. They were shocked at the installation of the windows and determined each window would need to be reset, new wood trim around each window to replace the plastic snap trim which should not have been used, caulked and paint the new trim. They determined the proper shims or supports were not used during the initial installation. As a result, one of the windows is sagging or "smiling" at the bottom. We are also experiencing severe drafts through the windows and continue to have to reposition the plastic snap trim because it snaps out of place.

We were planning to replace the siding on two sides of the house and wanted to coordinate this project with the windows. The HD installers told us to leave the wood trim off around those windows since they would be replacing it. We coordinated the siding project to complete the week prior to our scheduled date with the contracting company for HD on July 28. Our siding was complete on July 21. Duct tape was placed around the windows since the wood trim was scheduled to be installed less than a week out. The old trim was too worn to reinstall.

The week the HD contractors was scheduled to complete our work order, the Crew Manager called to let us know one of the installers had been hospitalized with heat exhaustion and they would have to reschedule. Subsequently, their workload was pushed back and the 60 days expiration on approved projects set by HD had been met. The Crew Manager told us he would have to send the work order back to HD for approval.

Since August, we have been calling and e-mailing HD in an effort to get this resolved. We have been ignored repeatedly. We even filed a BBB complaint and they denied our request stating we nullified the warranty. These are the 3 reasons given by the HDIS Mgr:

1. We painted the windows. I sent pictures of the windows showing that it is caulk smeared on the plastic trim by their installers and not paint.
    2. We needed to maintain yearly caulking. In the warranty, it states caulking is the responsibility of the homeowner. We have applied caulk but no amount of caulk can fix windows missing proper shims or supports which should have been installed during the initial installation.

3. The labor is under warranty for only 1 year. The warranty clearly states Lifetime Warranty on Installation for as long as you own your home in the Peace of Mind brochure and the Simonton Warranty for the 6500 series.

I called the HD store and spoke with someone in the windows department. He verified the windows installation is backed by a lifetime warranty on the installation. This warranty is also front and center on their website and in their literature. During the confusion of having the work order approved for the second time, HD sent it to a different contracting company. The Certified HD Exteriors Representative from this company had the same assessment as the first installers who came out in April. So, three representatives from two different contracting companies had the same conclusion about our improperly installed windows. We found out from a HD employee, all of the employees involved in windows including salespeople, were fired from HD in January 2020. This action indicates there are many issues with their windows installation department.

I posted on Nextdoor, asking for recommendations to have our wood trim replaced and posted about our unsatisfactory experience with HD. The General Manager of the local HD store replied to my post. He said he wanted to help us resolve the issue. I sent him a detailed e-mail, including photos. It was the same information we have been trying to escalate through Installation Services and Customer Care at HD. In less than week, he told us he was unable to get anything accomplished and they told him to remove himself from the process and he should not even be speaking with us. I asked him if he could at least spot us the wood trim, paint and caulk since we would now need to pay for those items and the installation and resetting of our windows out of our own pocket. He said he would have to think about it and did not respond.

Currently, I have duct tape on five of my windows and no resolution with HD. HD needs to remove the lifetime warranty from their website and literature since they do not stand by their warranty on their labor. It's misleading.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

This a complaint on Store 3003 Bridgeton MO 63044. I have used this store for many years, and should know better. Every time I place a special order I have had nothing but issues, all of them nearly the same. Customer service Whether a delivery issue with appliances or a Blinds issue that I am now having. I try and get a hold of the store and get 1st the computer then I get someone at customer service who say, "Oh that is flooring. I'll connect you." I get someone in flooring. Says, "The people you want has just left for the day and won't be back till Monday." I say I need to talk about my blinds and he say, "Sorry. Can't help," and hangs up. This has happen 3 times now. How this store or business is still around is beyond me. I will never order anything from them again.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I am trying to replace 4 windows in my living room and 8 in the basement. Home Depot rep came, gave an estimate, etc. Very pleasant, promised lifetime warranty, all I had to do is call HD if something goes wrong, the company will come replace them. I mentioned that my windows in the bedrooms were changed in 2001 and they had leaked the Argon gas so they are cloudy. He encouraged me to find the receipts and call HD. Well, I found the receipts, and called HD. After 4 hang-ups, I finally got someone who asked me to email the receipts because they cannot find them in their system. I did! I called today and no one knows anything.

I went to the store, waited for an hour and a half with one of their employees calling her managers, but they were in a "meeting". Finally, I had to leave, and the employee wanted me to send her the serial numbers on the windows (they are not there anymore) otherwise she cannot do anything. The invoice had window wrapping as well, which they had never done!!! Finally I asked the employee how can I trust HD with my new windows, her response was "always keep the receipts!" which is exactly what I had done with my previous windows! It is too bad that a company like HD cannot honor its promises to its customers, and does not teach their salespersons not to promise the client anything just to get a sale!

Original review: June 30, 2020

I got the perfect door and Lee made sure the price was great too! He took away the worries and made sure I was educated in everything I needed to know about the install. I'll be going back to him in the future.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Never buy windows from Home Depot! It is not the windows that are the problem. It is the Home Depot Install Managers and contractors they use. Our nightmare started in 2015 and it is now 2020. From the beginning they have measured incorrectly multiple times, ordered the wrong window sizes multiple times, ruined the mortar on my home, broke the bucking, used the wrong caulking that resulted in it developing holes, not adhering well and growing mold. Our large picture window developed condensation between the panes due to an air leak, the drywall around some of the windows was damaged, I currently still have a window that leaks, mold growing between the glass panes and the rubber edging that you see when you look from the inside out, cracked and chipped two marble window sills.

Home Depot has replaced out windows 3-4 times now, each time causing more and more damage. Over the 5 years we have waited anywhere between 6 months to a year for our repairs to be done. The last visit from the Home Depot employee determined that we needed to have all the windows replaced AGAIN for the 5th time due to the shoddy workmanship. The window install managers do not keep you informed, they lie and they do not return calls.

After much frustration with this company, I resorted to complaining to the better business bureau and asking Home Depot for a monetary settlement. Home Depot refused and stated that all they would do was to replace the windows again. They have yet to acknowledge the shoddy work done by their contractors and the fact that I do not want them to replace my windows again because they cause more and more damage each time. I do not want to wait another year or more for them to order the windows and get their act together. They have proved time and time again that they are incompetent. The repairs that have been done, have never been done satisfactorily. They do not care that we had to take many vacation days/time off from work in order to accommodate them coming out and sometimes not even showing up. They have yet to file for an inspection for windows that were installed in March 2020.

The complaint to the Better Business Bureau did not result in an agreeable outcome. I have reached out to Home Depot Stacy Tank, Vice President of Home Services. I sent her a short letter of the situation along with many pictures of the damage. I received confirmation from the post office that the letter was received but it has been 7 weeks and no response from anyone.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I recently ordered patio doors using online ordering the end of May. I received an email from Home Depot on June 8th saying my doors had shipped and the estimated arrival to the store was June 15th. I contacted the receiving store on June 16 to see if the doors had arrived. They had trouble viewing the online tracking system and couldn't give me an answer. Today I again checked the tracking website which had previously not been functioning correctly only to find that the doors just shipped June 16th... the same day I inquired to see if they had been received at the store. I contacted the online service to ask why I had received an email from Home Depot on June 8th saying the doors had shipped when this was not true. The representative was unable to provide an acceptable answer. I more than likely will now choose to stick with getting supplies from Lowe's since I can get a truthful answer from this company and much better service.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Once upon a time (my Home Depot fairy tale), I ordered SIMONTON sliding glass doors (2). I was informed it would take up to 6-8 weeks after down payment and order to the manufacturer. After a couple of weeks I was informed Simonton does not make a 3 (three) panel door. I then agreed to have Milgard (via Home Depot) door replace the one of the ordered doors, and thus, another month or so waiting period.

When the installers finally came I was informed that the 3 panel glass door could not be found in the warehouse so they proceeded to install the 2 panel door. After another waiting period I was informed they found the 3 panel door in the warehouse and installation was scheduled once again. There were additional "hiccups," and after a full year until the entire project was finished.

I can get into those issues but the main point is (was), after my investigation I was ill informed, dare I say lied to, that Simonton does not make the 3 panel sliding glass door when in fact they do. And since I prefer the Simonton doors I am deeply disappointed in Home Depot for the waiting and diversion during all this time. I will say the installers are great and did a wonderful job. To the Home Depot credit they did give me a $250 gift card for my troubles and was told I would receive a phone call from their "managers" later that day. After six weeks I am still waiting. Moral of the story is when buying Camels go to a camel sales establishment.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Took months for after we inquired about doors to get someone out to give us quote. After we decided to proceed with door took over a year to get the door installed correctly. Door frame and door chipped, wasnt sealed correctly, door jammed after 2 days, paint chipping, people dont know their right hand from their left hand. No one can give you correct information. Changes daily. Never again will I spent another penny in their store.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I am supposed to have my windows installed today but nobody has called or shown up. I tried reaching out to the project coordinators and left a message but they never return my calls. I also left a message for my Sales Consultant and he also has not called back. I finally got a hold of someone from Customer Care and they informed me that the installers were supposed to be at my house by noon. It is now after 1pm and still nothing. I called Branch Support and they said they did not know where the installers were and told me to call them myself and gave me their number.

Although it is not my job to track down your installers, I called anyway just to find out that they are not coming. The installer said, "I told them I was not working for three weeks". Clearly, there is a lack of communication on their part as well as a lack consideration for their customer’s time and money. This is the second job I have done with Home Depot Exteriors and the first one did not go much better. Needless to say, I will never be doing business with them again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Last July I had the local rep for Home Depot put in an order for 10 replacement windows for an older home that I own. They were done and supposed to go in in September but unfortunately when the installers came out 7 of the 10 windows didn't fit. The installers remeasured and I was told it would be another 2 or 3 weeks until they were finished and ready to go in. After a month I kept trying to get a hold of someone to find out what was going on but no one would get back to me. As a result I called and cancelled my order. Within 20 minutes Robert ** called me back and asked what was going on so I told him that there was no communication with his boss (Jeffery **) even though I had tried several times to do so. He then explained what had happened (one window had to be built somewhere else). He then promised me that if I agreed to go ahead with the deal I would get a $1000 gift card and I agreed to do so.

The Friday before Christmas the installers again came out and installed 9 out of 10 windows. The 10th did not fit. I was told it would be 2 weeks which ended up being another month but again I had to get in touch with them so they could call back and make another appointment. Installers came out and put it in. It didn't quite fit but they figured out a way around it. In the meantime I'm waiting to hear about my gift card. I finally called Cory (sales manager) and asked him about and he said he'd check on it. He got back to me and offered an $800 dollar gift card. I said that they had promised me $1000 but he said they would only go for $800 so I said yes figuring I was probably lucky to get that. Then, after thinking about it I got mad. If your word is no good on something like this this then you have a big problem going on. I am sending a copy of the emails between Cory and I so you can see for yourself. Please tell me that Home Depot is better than this.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Horrible job installing my doors. When it rains my floors get wet then I was told the warranty is voided because I didn’t paint the door. I was never told to paint the door... When I purchased the doors I said I wanted a door that I did not have to PAINT!!!! I WILL NO LONGER DO BUSINESS WITH HOME DEPOT. $1800.00 WASTED...

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Paid for Blinds to be installed a d measured by Home Depot. Home Depot rep came into my home measured. Fiance went to HomeDepot to pick up blinds. Blinds were cut to fit all my windows. Started process 1/12. Home Depot rep came to install 1/30. 5 Blinds were correct. 3 incorrect. Representative from Home Depot stated I should get a call and new Blinds and installation. I called to complain to Corporate. New Blinds delivered Saturday 2/1/2020. I am still currently awaiting a call from Home Depot regarding installing the blinds that were delivered Saturday. Today is Monday February 3rd. I have yet to receive a call. I will never shop for major house items. Missouri City, TX you have earned a F. I am livid.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

The Home Depot I visited was lazy, uncooperative, and lacked any knowledge about windows. I met 3 employees. The 1st two said they would not help me at all. The third was hiding out from work and suggested I find someone else to help. I then waited to find someone else but gave up after about 15 minutes. I do not understand why anyone would go here for any reason.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

This review is about Home Depot”s Home Installation Services. The good: their pre-installation service. Everyone from the person at Home Depot to the contractor who came out to discuss my needs to the installer who measured everything up was quick, helpful and friendly. Why a one-star rating then? Let’s just say if you have any issues with your installation good luck! I hope you have a ton of patience and perseverance. The short version of my story basically was I had a problem with two of the window coverings I ordered which necessitated them to be fixed (one cut to the wrong size, one defective). Getting replacements for them ended up to be a gong show where I had to call many times and ended up waiting almost half a year for things to be remedied.

If you are not aware, there are several players involved when using HD’s Home Installation Services: the salesperson at the store, HD’s Home Installation office people, a contracted company that sends their salesperson out to your home, and the installer who installs your product. The problem is nobody wanted to take responsibility on fixing the problem.

I obviously started with the Home Installation office as that would make sense. After six weeks of waiting for my replacement window coverings, I decided to call them to get an update. They didn’t know what I was talking about. After explaining my problem, the person said, “I’ll look into this and will call you back.” Nada. After 2-3 weeks I called back and, guess what? The person didn’t know what I was talking about. I repeated myself and the person said, “I’ll look into this and will call you back.” Nada. This entire charade was repeated literally five times over the course of five months!! Each time I called, the person would promise to call back. I never ever received any callbacks. I even asked them if they have my correct contact information, which they did.

Getting frustrated with my situation, I started to contact the other players: the store, the contracted company’s salesperson, and even the guy who came out to install my blinds. The store said to call HD Home Installation as he couldn’t do anything. The contracted salesperson never returned my calls. The installer said that he’s just the end-guy and was unable to help. He actually indicated that he was also very frustrated with the people at Home Installation Services both for when he needed things and from hearing complaints from customers, which was common.

The conclusion from my perspective was that the Home Installation Services people are either very incompetent, disorganized, unaccountable for their actions, or extremely understaffed. In the end, my installer came to the rescue. He took it upon himself to fix my blinds at his expense (he had his own window covering business) and said he would deal with HD afterwards to get paid for his work. Kudos to him for the only one who I dealt with who knows what good customer service should look like!

To this date (seven months later), I have not heard back from HD regarding my complaints about my blinds. Since my blinds have been fixed by the installer, I’m dropping the matter. One thing: I received an automated email from HD saying that they hoped I was happy with my installation and asking for a review. Clicking on the link to submit a review brings up a screen that says I’ve already submitted a review even though I didn’t! Hmm, maybe they really don’t want to receive any bad comments? Steer clear of using Home Depot’s Installation Services. If you do use them, hope that all goes well the first time or you may be in for a bad ride.

Home Depot Windows & Doors Company Information