Home Depot Windows
Based on 117 reviews that contain star ratings

Home Depot Windows & Siding

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

168 Home Depot Windows Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

One of the worst experiences dealing with a company. Ordered windows about 2 months ago. After waiting 6 weeks for the windows to come in, I was told that Home Depot cannot install the windows because they cannot get an installation permit from Summit County, CO. The customer services has been extremely unhelpful. They do not return calls. Asked to speak to a manager and they never called me back. I'm beyond frustrated with the lack of communication, action and responses from Home Depot. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH Home Depot.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Wasted our time. The first time the crew showed up to install, they had the wrong sized windows and the wrong color. Second time the crew came to install the windows they forgot to bring the windows. Third time the crew never showed up nor did they contact the Building Inspector who left them a $50 fine. At this point we cancelled the project and are waiting for our refund. Morons.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I'm writing this for anyone that is considering using Home Depot installation services. I've always been a big supporter of keeping home improvement work as local as possible. I reached out to local blinds vendors in the Little Rock area and unfortunately not everyone is great about email (I'm at sea a lot so I have to do things electronically.) I gave in and went to Home Depot. The staff in the windows and blinds area were extraordinary and I have no problem with that side of things "but" Home Depot uses a 3rd party contract "service" out of somewhere in TX to handle the install around the country & that alone creates communications breakdowns because they don't know the local sources, they just bid it out and accept anyone that says they can do it.

I started the order in October of last year & right now it is still not complete but I'm getting email traffic from Home Depot saying, "Congratulations. Your order is complete." My father wrote out a complaint to HD hq & lo and behold they passed it on to the local HD staff rather than taking responsibility, offering any kind of condolences or even asking what they can do to improve. It's that corporate world mentality that will keep me away from any major purchases from them ever again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We had all our old windows replaced with Simonton 6500. The window in the bedroom constantly collects condensation between the upper and lower window in the winter - a service guy told us it was because there is a heat vent right below the window. Umm, then why don't any of the other bedroom windows do this? They all have heat vents below the windows. Two of the windows so far have had the pivot cam fall to the bottom when tilting in the bottom sash for cleaning. This results in the window not closing properly, nor will they lock. We had no idea how to fix this, so we went for over a week with unlocked windows in our house until a repair guy could come out!! To add insult to injury, the last repair guy told us just to "remove the entire window" for cleaning instead of tilting it in!! We would never, ever recommend these windows to anyone. Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Warning: Home Depot charges more than twice as much money for the same, exact product! The company’s Merritt Island, FL store quoted me $16,200.00 for 9 PGT-brand impact-resistant windows that I am now purchasing from a legitimate, state-licensed and certified window contractor for just over $7,000.00. Plus, my qualified, family-owned contractor is replacing a narrow picture window that Home Depot’s rude and unqualified in-home sales representative claimed could not be acquired from PGT, or any other vendor. (He was too lazy to call the manufacturer.) By the way, Sears quoted over $13,000.00 for the same job.

Moral: Avoid Big Box Retailers masquerading as legitimate home improvement contractors. They will charge you double, then turn around and sub-contract the work out to some who-knows-who installer. If Home Depot’s sales reps are so poorly trained, and the company is so greedy that it marks up its jobs over 100%, imagine who they will send out to do the installation. Get informed: Take 2-3 bids from local, licensed window and home improvement contractors. Support your local, independent and certified home improvement providers, not greedy corporate behemoths looking to increase their stock values on the backs of unsuspecting homeowners.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: July 28, 2018

I bought the hurricane-proof windows from Home Depot back in February or 2018. My house has several windows which are a little over 2 inches wider than the largest standard size, and I was billed for windows which would fit the openings. In the end of April the installation crew came and began installing the windows. I was around at the beginning however I had to work and was not present the whole time. When the time came to install the windows for the wider openings, the crew installed standard size windows with gaps of over an inch on each side. They filled the gaps with pieces of WOOD and FOAM!!!

They left the windows in this state, with no cover on the inside and left. I was billed for the full amount and no one ever showed up to fix what was done. I've spent countless hours on the phone only to hear "Someone will get in touch with you within two days" and "I'm sorry but your installation manager is not available at this time"... and how about "I will try to see what is the status of your installation but it will take me at least a week."

And how about the installation manager... not picking up his phone, not answering messages, and when I ask the support people to dial him in he just says "I'm sorry but I'm with a client. I'll have to call you back later." which is just a nice way to say "I'm sorry but I'm busy scamming other people so please wait for your turn and I promise I'll screw you over real good next!"

They left the windows unfinished because they need to pass city inspection before they're finished on the inside. The inspection cannot pass because they were installed in violation of the permit. It's now the end of July and I still have not been able to get anyone from Home Depot to do anything about it. My next steps are reporting the violation to the city and filing a lawsuit against the Home Depot.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Wanted to custom order some window blinds for my house. The rep was tending to a customer who appeared to be checking out a cart full of items unrelated to window coverings (grout, tools, wallboards, etc.). After standing in front of his desk for a good 15-20 min., the customer he was tending to needed some screws for his wall boards of which he proceeded to the hardware department to get his screws. Without completing the checkout and allowing the customer to search for his screws, I don’t know how long this would add to my wait. What I don’t understand is why was this customer allowed to check out in the window coverings department instead of standing in line at the checkout counters like everyone else? The rep could only blurt out that I was next and that he was the only one available to tend to customers.

After waiting for another 10 to 15 min., the customer he was tending to had not returned with his screws and complete his checkout. My frustration was that the rep could have completed the checkout process so he can take my order which I think could have just taken 10 min. to do. Instead he had me wait for the customer to return. I did not want to wait any longer than what I’ve experienced already. Who knows when the customer will finally come back and complete his checkout? I know I am only one customer but Home Depot here in Marysville, WA lost my trust and confidence!

Original review: July 2, 2018

VantagePointe Windows by Simonton - Initially we were ok with the replacement of our windows with new vinyl windows. The installer did a poor job caulking around the trim and we had to mention it while he was here and fix it. It's been 6 mos and the caulking has continued to shrink and change color which looks horrible since the windows are white and the caulk is now yellowish brown. There is also mold growing in some places. I have called four times, each time being promised by customer service that someone would call back right away. To this date, no one called me back and I am super irritated. Their windows cost us over $24,000 and our house now has a problem that Home Depot created. With the rain we get here in Georgia, I do not appreciated paying that much to get leaky windows. Apparently they don't care. DO NOT make the same mistake by going with Home Depot.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I ordered an area rug from homedepot.com on May 7th, 2018. After 2 weeks I called them to find out how much longer it would be for arrival. The order stated it was ready for pickup at my local store. The local store said they never received it. Someone at the store signed it off as received when it wasn't. A new rug was ordered for me (by them) and it finally arrived on June 5th, 2018 (almost 30 days). Still too long for a delivery. I order a curtain rod from them on June 11, 2018 and it arrived on June 20, 2018. In today's day and age, with 1 and 2 day delivery from competitors, how does Home Depot expect to keep customers with 9-30 day deliveries? Where is the CEO when it comes to this?

I ordered (I know, why do I keep ordering from them?) 3 sets of mini blinds so I could put up new blinds in a house I was moving out of in 2 weeks. The online site said they had 4 sets in stock at my local store, "WOO HOO I would be able to pick them up today and install them!" WRONG. The store calls me and says "I'm sorry, we only had 1 in stock so I canceled your other 2 items." I said "Will you be getting any more in stock?" She said "Yes, probably on June 22nd." I said "Why did you cancel my order then instead of asking me if I wanted to wait for them??" UGH!!! She said I could call back on the 22nd and see if they got them in. Terrible customer service was my experience, and it's too bad because they are normally a decent store. The CEO really needs to read these reviews and start training employees to do the right thing and SPEED up their delivery service.

Original review: May 13, 2018

VantagePointe Windows and Doors by Simonton - Under the intense southwest heat, my 2 window frames (windows for which I paid Home Depot $3200.00) have severely warped. To date, Home Depot has been contacted 8 times since January/2017 and this has not yet been fixed. By the way, their idea of a fix is to remove the outside trim and replace it with 3/4" imitation wood typically used on decks. Aesthetically not pleasing and certainly not what I paid for!!! Service technicians are polite, but honestly, the last one had such poor English I couldn't make out what he was saying. Three technicians have come by and taken pictures, and to date, nothing from Home Depot.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I use to love Home Depot. We have bought a lot over the years with them. Until it came to our windows. We paid over $5,000 for 5 windows in May of 2016 and they finally got it right in 2018. We are in Fort Myers beach so weather was never an issue. The problem was they never fit. After countless phone calls and remeasurers and installer after installer coming out to the house, it finally was done right. I have dealt throughout the years with Greg **, Melvin **, Install manager, Justin **, Install Manager. And they all said they would take care of it. But same stuff different day with all of them. Have had 7 different people out to measure the one window that they could never get right. Over 5 different install companies out to install it, just to find out the measurements were wrong again. They kept sending out the same window measurements that were wrong in the first place.

We have had to cancel Dr. appts, and different events just to wait and stay home to have more measurements and installs. Justin even came out himself to try to get it resolved but that didn't even work. The installers they kept sending were all great. They refused to put in a window that was way too small. You could see outside of the side of it, that's how bad and small it was. Home Depot didn't get their act together when it came time to make the window.

Since all this, we have needed a washer and dryer. Normally we would have gotten it from Home Depot, but with all the YEARS of trying to get this right we were pretty gun shy. So we went to Lowe's. The installer we had last was great. He made sure that they got it right this time. Jeffrey from Catalyst was great. Didn't even get an, "We are sorry for the mess we put you through from Home Depot." We were hoping the new Head of Home Depot Andrew ** would have contacted us, but no word. When home depot customer service kept calling to ask if we were satisfied, I kept saying no and would explain the problem, but never heard back from anyone there either. I guess once they have your money, that's as far as the caring goes. So just BEWARE if you are ordering windows from HOME DEPOT. Unless you have a FEW YEARS TO GET YOUR WINDOWS RIGHT.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Poor windows installation job, my siding was damaged and add some scratch. Damaged plastic around windows and patio door (J channel, gap 0.25 inch). Poor silicon Caulking job, They put silicon on top of dirt. Home Depot refuse to fix it. Manager told me: "You have too much expectation." I paid real money $15650.00 - not fake money! I going to complain to Corporate office. Poor quality of Simonton Patio doors, Dirty windows, a lot of silicon, not good plastic welding spots, Patio door screen do not close and cannot lock door. More than week- nobody respond. Not recommend to use Home Depot and Simonton plastic windows and patio doors.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Anyone who has ever needed replacement windows knows how many sources for custom replacement windows of one kind or another are available. All seem to be custom factory windows and very expensive. Comparing window cost to standard size windows available at a large box stores like Home Depot or Lowe's, for example, shows a huge difference in cost between a store window and a "custom window" even for a standard size. A 24" x 48" double hung vinyl replacement window, for example, would be in the $150.00 range purchased from the store while a similar size window from any replacement window company would be double, triple or even quadruple the price. Of course, separating the price of the window from the labor is often very difficult.

I contacted Home Depot window installation through a local store and discovered to my dismay and frustration that the approved HD installation company only installs custom windows, not those from the Home Depot store. In other words you can get an installer to install custom windows or you can get a HD approved installer to install custom windows, all at the custom window inflated price. Again, the window price in the store is approximately $150.00 per window and the installation price from any source is in the $450.00 to $800.00 range per window. For a large 48" x 48" picture window the in store price is approximately $250.00 range while the same replacement window from an installer is in the $1,500.00 range using a "custom window".

The Home Depot installer will not use a standard size window brand from the store saying, "we choose to only use custom windows", so HD approved installer will not install the many brands available from the store. This points strongly to how deceptive the replacement window business is and why so many companies are always pounding down your door to do business. Yes, for the myriad of replacement window companies, this is a very profitable business. Most customers are not aware how much the prices are being inflated when compared to the price of the window itself. Customer be aware.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I am a professional builder. I ordered a whole house full of replacement windows (Simonton's vinyl windows) for a project, approximately $25,000.00. One window cracked. Home Depot would not respond to a replacement request even though there was a lifetime guarantee. I bought and installed a replacement, over $500.00. It hung up my project for months. Never again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We had a Home Depot person come over on 2.14.18 to get a quote for all of our windows! All 8 windows! The salesperson is really just that. Promised us all 8 windows would come and be installed no later than 10 weeks! And said it can all be done in one Saturday. Tried to reach him to ask what’s going on and if we can cancel. No response at all. Like he never existed. Had multiple issues with the representative who’s suppose to schedule our installation to find out that they can’t make it happen in 1 Saturday.

Finally she got us a schedule for tomorrow 4.21.18 and TODAY 4.20.18 she calls to say they have to cancel since there’s a warehouse issue! When I just spoke to her yesterday to confirm tomorrow’s installation! And to top it off, the next appointment is not able till May 12th! This is just so frustrating. We could have easily found other quotes but we choose Home Depot because we were suckered in by the sales representative making promises this was going to be smooth installation. Please help me!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This has nothing to do with this product, but the customer service provided by Home Depot. DO NOT get windows from Home Depot. It's been 5 months since we started our project, and they still have not completed the work. They came out the first time to install, and 2 of the windows were the wrong size; not even close -- the installer said like 6" off. They ordered new windows that we had to wait to be installed. No one ever got back to us. Months of emails and phone calls, complaining to the sales person, emails to Customer Care and nothing.

3 months later they finally came back and installed 1 of the 2 windows... the 2nd one? Wrong size again. Now 2 more months and I'm again emailing and calling, leaving messages with the installers, pleading with the sales person, emailing customer service. Nothing. Project still not completed. It's obvious that they received their money and so don't care about completing our project or doing what was promised to us.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I’m writing a review to let people know what a terrible experience we’ve had with Simonton Windows and Patio Doors and Home Depot Installation Services. We had eight windows and two patio doors replaced. The original installation in September of 2017 went well, the windows seem to function good but the patio doors really leave a lot to be desired. The bottom track in the patio door actually rusted and the door and screen door were extremely hard to open and shut. After a couple of service call, replaced track and adjustments it seemed to work fine until the first sub-zero weather we had, the patio door actually froze shut. There was thick ice in the bottom track and frost on our woodwork along the side of the stationary door. Once we finally got the door open there was very thick frost/ice on the side track of the sliding door.

After repeated trips to Home Depot with pictures of the ice and frost they sent the photos to customer service at Simonton. Simonton decided that there was no visible product defect present. They said they were seeing frost condensation and they don’t warranty against condensation, the door is operating as it should. Apparently, they expect their door to freeze shut in colder weather. While I totally understand about condensation and humidity the inside glass showed no moisture and the humidity level in the house was 27% or less. I wish the door would have come with a warning label stating it will not function well in cold temperatures!

We have repletely questioned the actual installation of the door. We have heard just about every excuse that they can think of and everyone that’s been involved seem to think that this is normal. I don’t understand how they can tell anything about the installation from pictures. Home Depot actually sent a couple of contractors out. The first one stated that the ice and frost buildup was because there was a deck outside of the door, another stated that it was because the door was installed near the kitchen area. Not one person has actually check to see if the door is insulated properly. We have heard just about every excuse that would cause the door to freeze shut and no one seems to recognize that this could be a safety hazard. This has been a very expensive mistake working with Home Depot and their “professional” installation service and Simonton Windows and Doors.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

First we will start with the fact that none of my "installation managers" were ever reliable and were/are extremely hard to reach. They would often not return my calls or emails. Second, I had to be the driving force to get my windows measured in which the representative kept me waiting all day and finally showed up just before dark. Then about a month after the measurement I had to continue to call Home Depot's customer care line just to get a set install date, which was a month after the promised date.

Fast forward to now, three of my rear windows are a half inch too short and are shimmer with wood and caulk and one is broken at the interior frames weld. You would think Home Depot could correct this matter? No, they definitely do not care! I have perused every avenue with no avail for three months now to try to solve this problem and nobody seems to even show the slightest concern or put forward any effort to help me. When reaching out to the financial side of the house I was told that my financing contract is not dependent of the windows being installed correctly...which means basically you keep paying to be treated like dirt. Never let Home Depot Exteriors touch your home! Buyer Beware!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Wow! My husband and I were dreading the day we needed new vertical blinds cut for our custom window. Each blind needed to be a different length. Fortunately, we were at the Cañon City, CO Home Depot at the right time for Christopher to assist us with this endeavor. With his "can do" attitude and skill we were in and out within an hour. He's just one of those customer service guys that is enjoyable to be around and he made every effort to make sure we were satisfied ie. staying after his scheduled time-off, and guaranteeing his work. It is refreshing to experience that level of customer service as that is not always the case.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I am VERY dissatisfied with my replacement windows. In 2008 we replaced all the windows in our home with these Andersen windows, believing Andersen was a very good reputable company with a good service and product history. A year later the picture window in our living room cracked due to cold stress. It was replaced free of charge. Then in 2016 the argon gas leaked and the same window became cloudy and I had to pay for installation of yet another picture window.

This winter the small double hung top window in the dining room cracked the inner panel glass and I have to buy and ship a new unit at my own expense. COLD is not covered under any warranty evidently. Why are these being sold in a state where the winter temps can dip to -30 then?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I like Home Depot as store but their service are so bad. I ordered window replace. They took 2 months to make the window. Then they called me and scheduled installation. They were too late for their appointment so we had to reschedule. 2 days later they called me. They said they can’t located my window. They lost my window. This is hilarious. I call the manager. He apologized. He said he will see what happened then contact me back. I never heard from him. I called back. They ask me to go to the store. I sent email. I went to the store. I spoke to the manager. She told me she needs to talk to another manager and she will call me back later at the same day. It has been 4 days now. I never heard from them! Now I just need my money back. I don’t need their window. ;(

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Basically I ordered five windows in May 2017. After five months of incorrect deliveries, windows shipped the wrong color or wrong size, or contractors not showing up I finally got four windows installed in October 2017. However one of those windows was installed with a ripped screen that they assured me they were re-ordering. The fifth window came the wrong size and had to be reordered again. This would be the third time ordering that window. Although they assured me they were rushing to put in a new order for the window and replacement screen I found out today that they were never ordered until almost a month later on November 22.

Now January 2017 I’m still waiting. After several more phone calls yesterday and today I realized nobody at Home Depot knew anything about the order so they were rude to me or not answering the phone or disconnecting my call. I gave up and went into Home Depot and asked for my money back for the fifth window. However now I’m still waiting for the replacement screen. I’m still shocked that Home Depot has such poor customer service and Simonton can’t do a better job at making their own windows. It’s been a very disappointing and draining experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Ordered replacement windows for our home with Home Depot on 09/92/17. The windows were installed 10/25/17 but only had screens for the bottom sashes. These are double hung windows so require FULL window screens for both top and bottom. We are STILL waiting for our screens and no one at Home Depot will talk to us. We paid over $8,500 and get anyone on the phone that knows about this. A window broke a week after it was installed. It's been 3 weeks and no replacement and we can't even find out a date when to will be replaced. Can't get ahold of anyone in charge. Cold air pouring thru a huge hole in window. Considering legal action against these people. We are disabled vets in our late 60s and HATE being used like this. Go elsewhere for your new windows. We have filed complaints with State Attorney General and the BBB. If no resolution then we will be forced to hire an attorney.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

When the salesman showed up, I liked him right away. In passing he mentioned that he had been in this line of work and with The Home Depot for 9 years. He measured my windows and then we set to designing the look. I asked if there would be insulation, foam or batting, in gaps behind the wall where the old windows has taken room up with weights, (the old windows were literally 100 yrs old).

He did not specify, but said "Oh yes, they will be insulated very well." I also asked if I could use gift cards to pay for the work and he said, "Sure, that shouldn't be a problem..." and went on to explain how to use it when I went to the website to make a payment. (A local store gives promos and $ back when you buy gift cards and, IF this were true, could potentially save me $100 or more.) The next step was to check my credit, because I did not. Already have gift cards, I was told I could have a 0% 12 month loan to pay in full before I was charged interest.

The windows arrived, but I had to work and since they require an adult 18 yrs or older has to be there the entire time, I had a friend come over while installation took place. I got home just as the workers were finishing up. The windows looked GREAT! I asked the man in charge what kind of insulation was used and he said "oh, no, there is a gap in the wall where the old weights were, but everything is sealed up tight."

He also goes on to tell me that they only have white caulk and the windows are brown on the inside to match the wood. He can use the white if I would like. I tell him, "No, that would defeat the purpose of matching the wood color." Then he needs me to sign the install sheet and has a bill attached. I try to give him the first gift certificate (that I bought for $500) and he casually says "Oh, no, what you can do with that is take it to the store and make any purchases you want at the store." I am put off, but figure, he is the install guy, maybe there is a mix up.

I have to make several calls to get them to come back to put clear caulk on the inside of window, since there is no insulation in wall, I want something else there besides only outside caulk. The entire purpose of getting new windows was to save energy and not feel the draft that my old windows had! I get my first bill. It says I have a project loan that is interest only (7.99%) for 6 months. That is not what I agreed to. I go to pay online with my gift card... No place to do that online, so I call and am informed that they cannot do that. The bank that loans is not HD so they cannot accept HD gift cards. (I am glad I only bought $700 worth of gift cards instead of the thousand(s) I had planned on! I stopped purchasing after the installer said I couldn't use it.)

So, let's see: Misinformed me about insulation. Completely misinformed (lied) about the type of loan... and how I would be able to pay. I don't think they planned on coming back to caulk inside of windows except I kept calling and gave a bad review when "Michael" my project manager called to see how I thought things went. (The only thing I complained to him about was that they were not done with the project until they came back to caulk.) The only positive is that the windows look exactly how I wanted...but now I have to use $700 in HD gift cards. I don't have a HD in my town, and I *Really* don't want to deal with these people again... but I guess I could use all those cards to buy new blinds. Online. (I will be installing on my own, thank you very much!)

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Ordered Anderson windows and Home Depot installed Simonton Vantage point clear value instead on Friday. By Saturday two were already broken (springs). It has been four days and I am still getting no action from Home Depot. I have dealt with HD many times before with no issues but this bait and switch to poorer quality is beyond explanation. Salesperson informed me he has never made a mistake in ordering windows. Totally denies any responsibility. I am very upset to say the least. If I wanted windows that did not open and close I would have kept the old ones. I am trying to decide how to proceed at this point.

Updated on 12/04/2017: Windows were installed in October and now it is December and still no repair or callbacks despite meeting with manager of store. Home Depot in Chandler AZ is poorly run from the store manager down. They also lied or so not facts of Egress from bedroom windows despite meeting with their “Egress specialist”. Had to give them the code from the City of Chandler 2017. Worst customer service and follow thru of any company I have ever dealt with. What good is a guarantee when no one fixes broken springs, etc.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My husband and I ordered custom-made shutters for 2 rooms in our home. We had experienced exceptional service and product back in 2012 when we ordered shutters from them. What a difference 5 years makes! We placed our order in May, 2017 and the shutters were delivered with scratches on numerous louvers. After at least 6 email exchanges and countless telephone calls with THE SAME customer service representative, we find ourselves on October 24th, 2017 still waiting for a resolution or repairs to the shutters. Photos were sent and promises of quick resolution were made by the customer service representative. Promises of "We will get back to you today" only to never hear from them again. Follow-up concerning the status of the repairs was always left up to us. We are still waiting. I WILL NEVER, EVER ORDER CUSTOM MADE MATERIALS FROM HOME DEPOT AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

After only one year of having Home Depot replace all my homes windows with upgraded double pain high efficiency windows I found that the install was failing. Several windows were separating from the frame and leaking. I contacted them and they agreed to come to the house and reinstall the leaking windows but they never showed up for the repairs after scheduling twice. I have called them several times but get no response or call back. I'm completely disgusted with the work and will never use them again for any type of home improvement work.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Ordered windows and had them installed. At the time of inspection, inspector couldn't find a tempered glass logo so the inspection did not pass. Home Depot Home Services said they would handle it, but when I call for updates, they are asking why the inspector is looking for tempered glass logos on the windows when it was required before. How do I know? I am a consumer, Home Services should be the expert and should be up to date on the requirements and codes. I was told I would receive callbacks, but no one reaches out. I was told the manager would call, I received no callback. I called asking for an update and left a voicemail, still no update. The inspection was about 2 weeks ago! I still don't know if I will need a replacement window or if Home Services will resolve this with the city.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I paid Home Depot to send someone out to measure for my doors. Paid the $50.00 deposit. I was told it would be a few days and someone would contact me. It was 5 weeks. After the guy came out to measure he said the measurements would be provided to the store the next morning. Three days after I get a call from a guy at the store that they need to send someone out to measure. Clearly no communication.

Initially I tried a different Home Depot. I was told a person would be out in a few days to measure for my windows. The guy they sent - three weeks later - was plain dishonest. I paid him 10% down assuming he would be ordering my windows. About two weeks later a guy show up at my house and says he is there to measure for my windows. I said "What are you talking about? My windows have been ordered." Turns out they had not been ordered and the order was wrong. I got a refund after over an hour on the phone and being transferred about 6 times. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Original review: July 15, 2017

I had Home Depot put in my doors and windows and love the product and the sales representative was great. The guy who measured the windows, not so much. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who loves to show everyone that is in our house. Everything. Well he was talking to my wife, and my daughter was trying to talk to them, so my wife started talking to her when he yelled at my daughter who then left screaming and crying. She remained petrified of the guy after that, and every other person thereafter. Had I been home to see it I would have kicked the guy out and terminated my $7400 contract with them. After an email complaint and bad survey review they do not care about the customer.

Home Depot expert review by Joseph Truini

With more than 2,000 locations, Home Depot  an established do-it-yourself home-improvement store  with a vast inventory.

• Assurance of quality: Users will have the peace of mind that comes from doing business with a nationally-recognized brand known for its high-quality products. Home Depot sells vinyl, aluminum and wood windows from several manufacturers, including Andersen, Jeld Wen, American Craftsman and Tafco. They also carry an extensive line of doors, including exterior entry doors, interior room doors, sliding patio doors, storm doors, screen doors and French doors.

• Unusual selection: Users who need an unusually-shaped door/window or a product made from a non-standard material can often find it at Home Depot.

• In-store appointments: Consumers can meet with representatives at their local Home Depot to review product selection, discuss their needs, ask about pricing and financing and find the right products.

• How-to articles: Owners can browse articles on this company's website to learn how to install doors and windows themselves.

• Alarms available: Owners can purchase alarms and security systems as well as doors and windows.

• Best for: Home Depot is best for homeowners, do-it-yourselfers, condo owners, landlords and business owners.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Home Depot Windows Company Information