Home Depot Windows & Doors

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

About Home Depot Windows & Doors

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Home Depot Windows & Doors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Windows & Doors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

I and many others have been duped by Home Depot and by PlyGem windows into believing that the windows purchased at Home Depot are covered by a reliable warranty. PlyGem ignores warranty requests submitted to them. Home Depot ignores complaints made about the PlyGem windows they sell. Consumer Affairs refuses to publish my review of the problem despite the fact that my statements were all truthful. I can't help but believe that Consumer Affairs protects the businesses that they represent. A true marriage of convenience between a manufacturer of inferior products and a business that supposedly represents the best interests of the customers who are fooled into believing the warranty on these products.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

My home was a total mess when I purchased Andersen windows from Home Depot. We spent $18000.00 on 4 French doors & 9 windows. Most of the windows leaked, all the French doors leaked. Their installer came by really did nothing, on his last trip to my home he handed me 4 tubes of silicone!!! I was on my own! I reached out to Andersen many many times. They told me they would send their best inspector. We live on the bay and that’s the excuse the inspector used for all my damage. He put in his report the damage was from super storm Sandy!!!! We were very lucky with that storm, and only has many 1/4” of water in the bedroom facing the bay.

My house is two storeys. 3 of the French doors are upstairs with 7 windows. If the water rose that high the house would be gone. With those lies from their inspector they told me they would do nothing. I heard & read many reviews having the same problems! That’s why they came up with Renewal By Andersen & have their own professional installers now and end of their complaints. With all that said I’m a landlord & I used Home Depot for all my properties. Never bought from them again & I have nothing good to say about Andersen!!!!!

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I purchased a door in 2018. They neglected to tell me I couldn't use a security door in front of it so it warped and peeled. So, in January of this year (2022) I revisited Home Depot and asked if they would assist me in getting a new door. Of course, they said yes. Long story short they delivered the door, put it in and it was damaged. They didn't know the door was damaged until they installed the new door. It is now August and I still don't have the replacement. They sent a guy out that had alcohol on his breath covered with Halls Cough drops.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I bought my blinds and windows and haven't received anything but headaches. I bought my windows, and the person who installed the window in my office made a hole in my drywall. A couple of weeks later, the same window started to leak. I called someone to check the window leak, and the guy made the hole bigger. I have contacted Home Depot multiple times, and nothing gets resolved. They keep saying that a report has been filed and they are waiting to be "processed." I am very disappointed. Home Depot is a rip-off. Please, do not do business with them unless you are ready for some headaches. They also lie about financing.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Home Depot at Miramar, Haileah and Pembroke Pines do not want to help the customers find materials. Customer Service representative at the Pines store was unprofessional, rude, and lacked the necessary knowledge to be proactive. I was searching for Veranda vinyl fence panels. Multiple stores showed in the system they had many, yet they kept telling me all they had was what was on display. Lumber personnel were dismissive and had the aisles messy with large materials all over the floors causing safety hazards. Finally, after getting the manager at the Pines store, the panels were found. I had to drive to 3 stores searching because employees were too lazy, disorganized, and careless to bring down the pallets. At the Pines stores they sent me to the university store. That's when I called the manager.

They had me driving around south Florida until I called a manager. This person took action and went out back to find the panels. She was the only person there that was attentive and professional. Home Depot is not was it used to be... Very disorganized aisles, dangerous with many safety hazards. Rude staff, long lines of over an hour at customer service. The company seems like it's going under at rapid speed. Many family and friends have shared similar stories. From now on my store of choice will be Lowell's for building and garden material. Lowell's has organized stores, and knowledgeable staff. At Lowell's walking through their aisles will not put your life in danger.

Original review: May 14, 2022

We ordered multiple windows and a sliding glass door. When they finally arrived, took months, one was cracked and the installer had measured the door wrong. The window did not have screens. The installer stuck our windows in with a "few" screws, leaving a 1 inch gap behind the nail fin, which precluded proper installation of the window trim. He literally used a pry bar and a sledgehammer to force the sliding glass door into the opening, despite my asking him to stop and order the correct sized door. The door is twisted and warped, and jumps the track in operation due to this. The handleset was also the wrong color, least of the issues. The crack in the one slider has spread throughout the entire pane.

Home Depot promised to order the correct door. Home Depot sent another contactor out to review the issues who was appalled at the incorrect installation. Home Depot promised to pay this contactor to come out and reinstall the windows and the door when the "correct sized" door arrived. Home Depot did not DO ANY OF THESE THINGS. We spent all last winter with the wind literally blowing into our home around these windows and door. The trim is not installed, and the sealant used on the inside separated within 24 hours due to the windows flexing and expanding as a consequence of the improper installation. They do not return calls, make promises they do not keep, don't show up when they say they will. They lied that they would make this right.

I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to protect my rights, and 8 months later I am attempting to get my broken window warranted directly from the manufacturer AND seeking a contractor to come and reinstall my windows and remove and replace the door. The exterior of my stucco home has exposed wire and paper, and no trim for 8 full months now, and counting. This has been a NIGHTMARE. And since Home Depot is the installer of record I am in a bind with the manufacturer as they defer to the installer for warranty issues.

Original review: May 5, 2022

We had many windows replaced (Around 17) and paid some good money for what we thought were good windows with a good warranty. Half of the windows won't stay open and you cannot get anyone on the phone to help you. Every day we leave voicemails and emails and no one ever responds. Do yourself a favor and look for windows elsewhere for windows.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I am leaving the review for Home Depot Window replacement and installation service. If there is negative stars review available, they definitely deserve it. I ordered my window replacement back in Oct 2020, and now (March 2022) I am still waiting for my window project to be completed. The window team always has excuses like the supply chain issue. Also, they are not responsive and do know their clients' work status at all. I would say even though there is some supply chain issue, a delay of ONE AND HALF year is not acceptable in any situation, even everyone in the team dies for some reasons.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I would give less than one star if I could. They measured window opening wrong, give me a small size window that is being patched up with 2x4(s) at the bottom, foam seal around, and quarter rounds inside to cover their mistakes. Very poor craftsmanship. Have been in dispute with them for more than a year. In addition, they would not own up to their mistake about wrong measurements and neither would they take their product back. Now they are threatening to take me to collection and mess up my credit rather than resolving the matter. Who would have thought a large company like Home Depot to behave so badly!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

In early November 2021, (the 13th or the 14th) I ordered a set of shower doors from Home Depot online and got a date of a week from the order for delivery. Friday the 19th would be perfect for a store pick-up. I promised my customer that I would have them installed by the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, 24 November 2021. (This was the final step in the bathroom remodel that included the removal of of a cast iron tub, installing a shower pan, tile work, painting etc.) The shower doors were warehoused in Dallas already! They had to go from the HD warehouse less than 60 miles to the Denton HD Retail store. The madness of Black Friday was approaching but the chances seemed very good that I could get the doors in time to make the deadline 10 days in the future.

Wrong, wrong, so very wrong! I ended up buying the doors at "my" local Denton HD store but they cost an extra $66, from $304 to $370. HD can't keep their delivery promise but I can make it right with my customer by paying 22% more. I did it (paid the extra $66 plus tax) but I would like my money back. That seems to be a reasonable request. The shiny side of the coin is the Denton HD store employees are a truly conscientious group of hardworking people. It wasn't their fault in the least, but they got several in person visits from me saying "where are my doors". For them, I gave a 2-star rating instead of a 1-star evaluation.

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Home Depot author review by Emma Simon

With more than 2,000 locations, Home Depot  an established do-it-yourself home-improvement store  with a vast inventory.

• Assurance of quality: Users will have the peace of mind that comes from doing business with a nationally-recognized brand known for its high-quality products. Home Depot sells vinyl, aluminum and wood windows from several manufacturers, including Andersen, Jeld Wen, American Craftsman and Tafco. They also carry an extensive line of doors, including exterior entry doors, interior room doors, sliding patio doors, storm doors, screen doors and French doors.

• Unusual selection: Users who need an unusually-shaped door/window or a product made from a non-standard material can often find it at Home Depot.

• In-store appointments: Consumers can meet with representatives at their local Home Depot to review product selection, discuss their needs, ask about pricing and financing and find the right products.

• How-to articles: Owners can browse articles on this company's website to learn how to install doors and windows themselves.

• Alarms available: Owners can purchase alarms and security systems as well as doors and windows.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Home Depot Windows & Doors Company Information