Home Depot Windows & Doors

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

About Home Depot Windows & Doors

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Home Depot Windows & Doors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Windows & Doors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 14, 2022

We ordered multiple windows and a sliding glass door. When they finally arrived, took months, one was cracked and the installer had measured the door wrong. The window did not have screens. The installer stuck our windows in with a "few" screws, leaving a 1 inch gap behind the nail fin, which precluded proper installation of the window trim. He literally used a pry bar and a sledgehammer to force the sliding glass door into the opening, despite my asking him to stop and order the correct sized door. The door is twisted and warped, and jumps the track in operation due to this. The handleset was also the wrong color, least of the issues. The crack in the one slider has spread throughout the entire pane.

Home Depot promised to order the correct door. Home Depot sent another contactor out to review the issues who was appalled at the incorrect installation. Home Depot promised to pay this contactor to come out and reinstall the windows and the door when the "correct sized" door arrived. Home Depot did not DO ANY OF THESE THINGS. We spent all last winter with the wind literally blowing into our home around these windows and door. The trim is not installed, and the sealant used on the inside separated within 24 hours due to the windows flexing and expanding as a consequence of the improper installation. They do not return calls, make promises they do not keep, don't show up when they say they will. They lied that they would make this right.

I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to protect my rights, and 8 months later I am attempting to get my broken window warranted directly from the manufacturer AND seeking a contractor to come and reinstall my windows and remove and replace the door. The exterior of my stucco home has exposed wire and paper, and no trim for 8 full months now, and counting. This has been a NIGHTMARE. And since Home Depot is the installer of record I am in a bind with the manufacturer as they defer to the installer for warranty issues.

Original review: May 5, 2022

We had many windows replaced (Around 17) and paid some good money for what we thought were good windows with a good warranty. Half of the windows won't stay open and you cannot get anyone on the phone to help you. Every day we leave voicemails and emails and no one ever responds. Do yourself a favor and look for windows elsewhere for windows.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I am leaving the review for Home Depot Window replacement and installation service. If there is negative stars review available, they definitely deserve it. I ordered my window replacement back in Oct 2020, and now (March 2022) I am still waiting for my window project to be completed. The window team always has excuses like the supply chain issue. Also, they are not responsive and do know their clients' work status at all. I would say even though there is some supply chain issue, a delay of ONE AND HALF year is not acceptable in any situation, even everyone in the team dies for some reasons.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I would give less than one star if I could. They measured window opening wrong, give me a small size window that is being patched up with 2x4(s) at the bottom, foam seal around, and quarter rounds inside to cover their mistakes. Very poor craftsmanship. Have been in dispute with them for more than a year. In addition, they would not own up to their mistake about wrong measurements and neither would they take their product back. Now they are threatening to take me to collection and mess up my credit rather than resolving the matter. Who would have thought a large company like Home Depot to behave so badly!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

In early November 2021, (the 13th or the 14th) I ordered a set of shower doors from Home Depot online and got a date of a week from the order for delivery. Friday the 19th would be perfect for a store pick-up. I promised my customer that I would have them installed by the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, 24 November 2021. (This was the final step in the bathroom remodel that included the removal of of a cast iron tub, installing a shower pan, tile work, painting etc.) The shower doors were warehoused in Dallas already! They had to go from the HD warehouse less than 60 miles to the Denton HD Retail store. The madness of Black Friday was approaching but the chances seemed very good that I could get the doors in time to make the deadline 10 days in the future.

Wrong, wrong, so very wrong! I ended up buying the doors at "my" local Denton HD store but they cost an extra $66, from $304 to $370. HD can't keep their delivery promise but I can make it right with my customer by paying 22% more. I did it (paid the extra $66 plus tax) but I would like my money back. That seems to be a reasonable request. The shiny side of the coin is the Denton HD store employees are a truly conscientious group of hardworking people. It wasn't their fault in the least, but they got several in person visits from me saying "where are my doors". For them, I gave a 2-star rating instead of a 1-star evaluation.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

In July 2021, we signed the paperwork with Carlton **, Senior Design Consultant @ Home Depot, for window replacement/installation project in our summer house in Monticello, NY. I opened a Home Depot credit card as part of the deal and began repaying the deposit for this project (09/08 - $500; 10/07/ - $200; 11/09 - $200; $900.00 all together). In August, we got our windows measured by another Home Depot employee. In October, we scheduled the date for installation - 11/20, Saturday. We were very specific about a Saturday appointment as we live in Brooklyn and can only come every other Saturday. For the past three weeks (before 11/20), we would get reminders a few times a week - via text messages, e-mails, and voice mails - about the upcoming installation date asking us to be in the house between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. and reminding us about the importance of removing everything 3 feet away from the windows.

As law abiding and loyal customers, we came Friday night (11/19) to follow the instructions. At 8:00 (!!!) a.m., we got a phone call from an installation department manager who told us that they had to cancel an appointment since they didn't have installation crew... He did not apologize and failed to answer when I asked him if he had found out about that issue at 7:55 a.m. on Saturday. We were upset to the point my husband had to take his high blood pressure medication and pain relief pills. It was so unacceptable and unprofessional on the Home Depot!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

This painstaking endeavor began over 10 months ago. Poor transport of products by the installer caused scratches on the products. The installation took place over six months ago and only one month ago we had an inspection. I am still waiting for the Installer to return to finish up. Home Depot has the worse Installation Services. They are liars, they laugh at your face, never deliver on their promises, you call and leave messages for a return call that never happens. This company is a joke, it is a disrespect to the customers, they can cause you to have a nervous breakdown. STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEPOT IMPACT WINDOW INSTALLATIONS, save yourself from the mental anguish!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Began the process to have a new front door installed just before the Covid shutdown of 2020. Paid a fee to have a rep come to my home and take measurements. This was completed within a week or so. Then the country shut down, people ordered to saty home, business closed etc. Never finished front door process. Went to Home Depot today to inquire about finishing the purchase and install. Was told I would have to start over and pay again to have the door measured. I stated that it was nonsense. The door had not changed nor did the previous measurements and I should not have to pay another fee to have the door measured again. Then I was told the previous information "drops off the computer after a year."

C'MON MAN, that's a crock of **. Info doesn't just "drop off" of computers. This is a total scam and rip off. I left the store and informed them I would go to Lowe's to get my door. Just out of principle. Not paying Home Depot a second time to measure the same door. Total **. And it's more nonsense that I can't find an email address for the corporate personnel. Obviously because they don't want to be bombarded by similar complaints.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

If I could give ZERO stars I would! I made the mistake of calling Home Depot to get a quote for new windows for my historic home in Portland. I knew I wanted wood windows to replace the 100 yr old windows I currently have. After the sticker shock of the ridiculously high prices, I went ahead and ordered new windows for the bedrooms only. This was in May 2021. Months go by with delays and I get a call the windows are in! They sent a contractor to install them and he refused to wear a mask and used the word "plandemic" to describe the Covid19 pandemic. I had asked that they send a vaccinated and masked installer which they did not do. They also did not have all the windows.

I took two days off to deal with the windows and did not get the windows since they failed to mention they did not have them all. Another month goes by and they call claiming to have all the windows. They sent a different installer and I took the two days off to get the windows installed. This time, I learn one of the windows they ordered was completely wrong and another window I needed never got ordered! The customer service is horrible. They sent a guy to my house to smooth things over and he promised a rush order for the two windows remaining to complete my order. He promised I would have them within a month and definitely before Thanksgiving.

On Oct 8, I received a call from Home Depot Installation Services that the windows will not be in until the third week of January 2022! When I reached out to the Installation Manager, he blamed it on the manufacturer. Once they get the sale, Home Depot does not care about the customer. The contractors they use are terrible. They damaged my home and have not made it right. I recommend going through a reputable window company to order new windows and never Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

First off contacted Home Depot in June. Took 4 weeks for them to send someone to see what I needed done and to take measurements etc. Then over the next 2 1/2 months mix up after mix up with them going to the wrong city with the an incorrect address for permit. Finally after 4 months the installer comes and immediately complains because it is a big job with lots of labor. I say that is why I'm having a professional do it and why I had someone come out to assess it before placing order.

4 1/2 hrs later I find out that part of the framing is wood. The reason for the door and frame replacement is D/T weather damage to wood. I was assured by the gentleman that came out that everything would be weatherproof. IT'S NOT!!. The door itself is all scratched up, looks much older and more worn than the one I had there, scratches and dings on my walls. WILL NEVER USE Home Depot OR RF INSTALLERS AGAIN.

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Home Depot author review by Emma Simon

With more than 2,000 locations, Home Depot  an established do-it-yourself home-improvement store  with a vast inventory.

• Assurance of quality: Users will have the peace of mind that comes from doing business with a nationally-recognized brand known for its high-quality products. Home Depot sells vinyl, aluminum and wood windows from several manufacturers, including Andersen, Jeld Wen, American Craftsman and Tafco. They also carry an extensive line of doors, including exterior entry doors, interior room doors, sliding patio doors, storm doors, screen doors and French doors.

• Unusual selection: Users who need an unusually-shaped door/window or a product made from a non-standard material can often find it at Home Depot.

• In-store appointments: Consumers can meet with representatives at their local Home Depot to review product selection, discuss their needs, ask about pricing and financing and find the right products.

• How-to articles: Owners can browse articles on this company's website to learn how to install doors and windows themselves.

• Alarms available: Owners can purchase alarms and security systems as well as doors and windows.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Home Depot Windows & Doors Company Information