2. Homeowners

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

About Home Depot Windows & Doors

Find Windows and Doors partners near you

Home Depot Windows & Doors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Windows & Doors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Began the process to have a new front door installed just before the Covid shutdown of 2020. Paid a fee to have a rep come to my home and take measurements. This was completed within a week or so. Then the country shut down, people ordered to saty home, business closed etc. Never finished front door process. Went to Home Depot today to inquire about finishing the purchase and install. Was told I would have to start over and pay again to have the door measured. I stated that it was nonsense. The door had not changed nor did the previous measurements and I should not have to pay another fee to have the door measured again. Then I was told the previous information "drops off the computer after a year."

C'MON MAN, that's a crock of **. Info doesn't just "drop off" of computers. This is a total scam and rip off. I left the store and informed them I would go to Lowe's to get my door. Just out of principle. Not paying Home Depot a second time to measure the same door. Total **. And it's more nonsense that I can't find an email address for the corporate personnel. Obviously because they don't want to be bombarded by similar complaints.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

If I could give ZERO stars I would! I made the mistake of calling Home Depot to get a quote for new windows for my historic home in Portland. I knew I wanted wood windows to replace the 100 yr old windows I currently have. After the sticker shock of the ridiculously high prices, I went ahead and ordered new windows for the bedrooms only. This was in May 2021. Months go by with delays and I get a call the windows are in! They sent a contractor to install them and he refused to wear a mask and used the word "plandemic" to describe the Covid19 pandemic. I had asked that they send a vaccinated and masked installer which they did not do. They also did not have all the windows.

I took two days off to deal with the windows and did not get the windows since they failed to mention they did not have them all. Another month goes by and they call claiming to have all the windows. They sent a different installer and I took the two days off to get the windows installed. This time, I learn one of the windows they ordered was completely wrong and another window I needed never got ordered! The customer service is horrible. They sent a guy to my house to smooth things over and he promised a rush order for the two windows remaining to complete my order. He promised I would have them within a month and definitely before Thanksgiving.

On Oct 8, I received a call from Home Depot Installation Services that the windows will not be in until the third week of January 2022! When I reached out to the Installation Manager, he blamed it on the manufacturer. Once they get the sale, Home Depot does not care about the customer. The contractors they use are terrible. They damaged my home and have not made it right. I recommend going through a reputable window company to order new windows and never Home Depot.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

First off contacted Home Depot in June. Took 4 weeks for them to send someone to see what I needed done and to take measurements etc. Then over the next 2 1/2 months mix up after mix up with them going to the wrong city with the an incorrect address for permit. Finally after 4 months the installer comes and immediately complains because it is a big job with lots of labor. I say that is why I'm having a professional do it and why I had someone come out to assess it before placing order.

4 1/2 hrs later I find out that part of the framing is wood. The reason for the door and frame replacement is D/T weather damage to wood. I was assured by the gentleman that came out that everything would be weatherproof. IT'S NOT!!. The door itself is all scratched up, looks much older and more worn than the one I had there, scratches and dings on my walls. WILL NEVER USE Home Depot OR RF INSTALLERS AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Steve B. -Salem Oregon. Home Depot Windows and window installation team was absolute garbage. We ordered the higher end version of the Simonton Windows with the installation being provided by Home Depot. A total of 19 windows were being replaced during our home remodel. The original order and contract was Feb of 2021 with a deliver date of March 2021. Our windows didn’t arrive until June of 2021 pushing our construction remodel way past our original completion date with our GC.

When the windows did arrive with the installation Team we learned they were a subcontractor “Not Home Depot Service Employees” as promised. I questioned the installation of the windows several times since they did not arrive with the installation nailing flange as was ordered. They indicated everything was fine and not to worry. However once they were complete and my GC returned to finish the siding we learned the windows were installed incorrectly according to my GC. So he had to reinstall all the windows using correct flashing material prior to his team installing the siding on the house. We had 3 windows with damaged sashes and 1 window exterior pain was broke on arrival.

It's now October and we still can't get them back on site for the replacements and repairs. On top of that we had to pay for all the windows and installation in advance since we were using our Home Depot credit card. My recommendation is use a quality manufacturer and one of their licensed representative companies that professionally provides windows and their installation as their primary business function. Don’t use a big box store.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

As stated by others, Home Depot should just stick to selling products and not installing them. I had a disastrous experience with a window installation that never happened. Sales person came to my home at my request and we ordered windows that were to be installed by Home Depot. I paid a 25% deposit and scheduled an install date. The day prior to my install I took down all of my blinds and drapes, moved furniture, and made the necessary preparations that were requested by them. They gave me a 2 hour window for their arrival time, 8am-10am. By 10:15am, when they still had not arrived I called the scheduling dept. I was told that my install date had been changed and they were not scheduled to come that day. No one ever informed me. So I called the salesperson who sold me the windows, he apologized, and since it was Friday afternoon, said he would get back to me on Monday. I heard nothing from anyone for almost an entire month.

The only reason someone called me is because I disputed the deposit with my credit card company and they notified Home Depot. I then received a call from the scheduling manager who told me I already had another install date scheduled. Once again, no one had contacted me to schedule anything. When I wanted to simply cancel my order several other managers got involved and we came to an agreement and I was given a discount. So the install was back on. I went through the process again of preparing the for the install, blinds, drapes, moving furniture, etc. Once again, the installers never showed up. I called the managers I had made the deal with only 24 hours prior, only to be told that the schedule had changed again, and I hadn't been informed, again.

At this point I had taken a day off work for the initial install date, and now had gotten up extra early on a Saturday and wasted half the day waiting. They wasted enough of my time and I cancelled the entire install. Home Depot uses subcontractors and there is simply a huge disconnect between Home Depot sales people, scheduling department and the subcontractors. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of using Home Depot to install anything in your home. They're good at selling stuff, and that's about it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I had bad service. Order 7 windows in March 2021. Still have not got my windows. Paid 4700. Told Home Depot give me my money, cancel order. They do not answer emails and said I would have windows for 5 months straight. I am a unsatisfied customer who never got windows or installment yet they took my money. I now wait for a refund to max. Do not use this company. Stay far away.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Home Depot is the worst company I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Not only did their sales representatives (Mark) outright lied to me but even told me he had misrepresented what he had told me during the time of the sale. After being completely convinced that I would receive the product I had sold I was then called by the installation manager who informed me that they could not/would not be able to give me what they sold me. Tim offered a credit for some blinds (unknown amount) he would not disclose the amount, so I declined his offer and to be honest I wouldn't have expected it anyways because I still had windows in my house that was not what I had asked for.

They use your windows that are already in your home and just remove the old window sash and set the new windows inside of the old. After the installation guy left the sealing/face tape around the windows fell off. They have not sent replacement tape nor have they came back out to reinstall the windows correctly. I will not pay another cent until I get the Product and Installation I was Promised. Worst company ever. I will never use them again and I will make it my goal to inform as many people about their services. DON'T USE HOME DEPOT!!!

Original review: June 7, 2021

NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING! Each installer sent to my home said something completely different than the last one. We had to have 3 different sets of doors ordered (each taking 8-10 weeks to make) and none of the doors ordered were correct! The blame shifted and passed the buck on Home Depot (whom they are contracted through) and 9 months later we still have no doors even though each installer double checked the order Home Depot made each time and said we were good to go. There is a massive disconnect between Home Depot and Lex Construction (the only installer they contract with) as no one seems to know what they are doing and everyone says something different and blames each other. THEY NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER AS THE INCOMPETENCE IS SEVERE AND VERY REAL!!!

We finally had enough and cancelled our order after they dropped the ball for a third time. The last straw being doors ordered were too big and now missing the necessary hardware to install. The installer’s customer service is the worst I have ever experienced which added insult to injury. Supervisors Holly and Hailey are completely rude and a nightmare to deal with as is every installer we dealt through this painstaking process. Home Depot is just as bad as we are now told we have to wait until the installer returns the doors to them in order for us to get a refund. Unbelievable!!! We charged on our home depot credit card and have been paying for 9 months on doors we never received and will never get at this point and they can’t do the right thing and refund us our money?? DO NOT USE THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE 9 MONTHS TO WASTE AND WANT NOTHING BUT AGGRAVATION. I would give zero stars if that was an option.

Original review: May 27, 2021

In February 2021, Home Depot sent their technicians to install windows in my house. When they got there, they not messed up the marble ceramic under one of my window, they also install the wrong door in my patio. Their screen door is cheap it ripped out the same day after installation. After I realized all these problems, I called them to report them. They told me they will send the technicians back fix their mistakes. Unfortunately, it's been over 4 months nobody ever come on my doorstep to fix their mess. They were fast to collect the money, but slow to fix their mistakes. I completely regret I chose them as window installer company. I hope you avoid doing business with them too.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Went to the Home Depot store on Oakland Park Blvd today May 19th to do some shopping of household items and electrical items as I’m renovating my home. first I went to the aisle for window blinds. I saw associate by the paint area. I asked her if she could assist me in ordering some blinds. She pointed to another associate at the end of the blinds aisle, so I thank her and proceed to that associate.

I politely said, "Good afternoon ma’am. Can you please help me with the blinds?" There was a gentleman about 7ft away from her ..so when I asked her if she could assist me her response was “YOU DON’T SEE ME HELPING SOMEONE??" I said to her “my dear I wouldn’t know if you’re helping another customer. All you have to say is am assisting another customer. I’ll be right with as soon as am done, but to talk to me in that harsh manner is not good customer service."

I left my cart with over $300 dollars of items same place and walked out the store.. I will not be shopping at Home Depot again because my money has values just like anyone else’s. Some of Home Depot workers are very lazy and not friendly at all.. My advice is if they are not satisfied with their job then find another freaking one because it’s obvious that she has a problem. I took my money to Lowe’s and made a purchased of $1200.00 and was treated with respect and great customer service..

Take a Windows & Doors Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Home Depot author review by Joseph Truini

With more than 2,000 locations, Home Depot  an established do-it-yourself home-improvement store  with a vast inventory.

• Assurance of quality: Users will have the peace of mind that comes from doing business with a nationally-recognized brand known for its high-quality products. Home Depot sells vinyl, aluminum and wood windows from several manufacturers, including Andersen, Jeld Wen, American Craftsman and Tafco. They also carry an extensive line of doors, including exterior entry doors, interior room doors, sliding patio doors, storm doors, screen doors and French doors.

• Unusual selection: Users who need an unusually-shaped door/window or a product made from a non-standard material can often find it at Home Depot.

• In-store appointments: Consumers can meet with representatives at their local Home Depot to review product selection, discuss their needs, ask about pricing and financing and find the right products.

• How-to articles: Owners can browse articles on this company's website to learn how to install doors and windows themselves.

• Alarms available: Owners can purchase alarms and security systems as well as doors and windows.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Home Depot Windows & Doors Company Information