1.29/5
Based on 268 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Wallingford, CT

273 Healthmaster Blender Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

I saved to purchase this blender. It had to be in storage, I never got to use it! I made it, I need it for making my foods: I have digestive problems, can't have solids. I unpacked my blender with great excitement! Only to be greatly disappointed!!! Everytime I use it it leaks through the blade gear. A brown disgusting mess. Where can it be repaired? Or how do I remedy this problem? Please help.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased my H. M. Blender over 4yrs. ago... Was able to use it four times. The first time used it gave off an electrical burn smell, and soon as I turned the on button it jumped, vibrated, almost dancing on the countertop. WELL, the last time I used it it worked fine (dancing quit after the second use). Then one morning... "No go"! Nothing! I check the connection, was fine, but unit is dead (no lights or response to buttons). Had a 2yr. Warranty (on the motor), but by the time I calmed down about it (thought it out) the two years lapsed. So I never did contact "Finger Hut" (where I purchased it from).

So, it looks new (still), but isn't even worth its recycle weight. Shame on you Montel? I've always looked closely (examined carefully) at things 'before' I recommend them to 'anyone', otherwise in the future no one will believe you let alone trust your word on 'anything'! And I paid over 200$s for this, so basically I paid 50$s a use (at about 4 seconds each).

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I can't believe I spent hundreds of dollars on Healthmaster blender thinking it would help me with my health. It continuously leaks a brown liquid from motor? All over. How is this healthy? Sometimes the machine doesn't want to turn on. I'm not wealthy. I saved up for this Montel!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have had this blender 2 yrs but it was new in box while we rented. 6 mos ago we moved into a new home and I have used this blender no more than 12 times. Today went to turn it on and it is dead, like there is no electricity to it. Changed outlets and same thing. There is no reset button and when I called tech support I could not understand the person talking to me... he wanted to send me some coupons and wanted all this personal info... Forget that I guess it is going in the trash.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Healthmaster Blender. Leaking brown greasy yuck. Very loud. After reading your reviews, I do not see one positive review so I can see I would be wasting my time and just cause myself a major disappointment to pursue a resolution. Just glad mine was not one of the ones that caught on fire. Class action?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthmaster?

Original review: June 9, 2018

Purchased about 5 years ago for $250. Hardly used it. Maybe 20 times. Today it went on for 2 seconds then went off and refused to work. My husband called it R2D2 because it was so massive. When it worked, it was good, but seeing the many reviews of its falling apart and that the company does not stand behind it, I feel stupid. Why purchase anything through an infomercial? In every case, the goods have been faulty (make-up machine, face cream, etc.) Now it goes into landfill, which really bothers me. I wish I could melt it away!

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had this Montel Williams HealthMaster Living Well Blender less than one year, now it's leaking a brown liquid from the top of the motor. Store I bought this from is no longer open. Does anyone know where I could get warranty for this blender.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have been using the blender for just over 2 years and have been satisfied. For the past few months there has been strange sounds and a burning smell, and metallic brown dust collecting below the blender. Today when I went to make my daily smoothie there was a deep grinding noise, and the blender smelled metallic after pouring out the drink. I cleaned it thoroughly inside, and then decided to blend some plain water and a few ice cubes to see the result. The water turned brown, and there was metallic dust in the bottom after pouring out the water. At this point I am deeply afraid I have been consuming metallic contaminants, and have no idea how long it's been occurring. I purchased this blender so I could improve my health, and may have been doing just the opposite.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

When I purchased the Montel Williams Living Well HealthMaster Elite, it had a lifetime warranty. I’ve had to replace this unit once already and it is broken again. Now I’m learning that decided to change the warranty to just a one year warranty which doesn’t seem ethical at this point. They should honor my lifetime warranty since that’s what it had when I purchased it. I suggest another machine which would blend better anyway. This one is OK but are used a ninja while mine was being shipped back-and-forth. Last time it was much better and half the price. Montel... bad business, buddy!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Christmas eve 2017 pulled out my $275.00 HealthMaster Elite by Montel Williams to make some salsa and margaritas for our family gathering. Plugged in my blender and filled it with ingredients and to my embarrassment... nothing at all. I have an electrical tester and did the test for power and there is power to the unit but the digital read out is blank. I had told everyone how awesome this unit was and had to eat crow. Called the company and they are closed. Started reading the reviews and learned the cold hard facts about this expensive piece of junk. Montel Williams said he endorses this product made in China! I want my money back and I will send him back his Health Master Elite and he can throw it in his garbage can for recycling into his next hair brained rip off scheme. I for one will never buy anything from any infomercial ever!!

I find it hard to believe that a US military man can stand for this type of product and this type of commercial behavior. I work hard for my money and invest in quality products that should last and stand the test of time. I will use my mother's 42 year old blender that is still working just fine. I have read enough reviews to know that mine is not the only Health Master Elite blender by Montel that is proving to be a failed product and yes, I will join in the Class Action Law Suit to try to recover my money. Another example of get rich quick at the expense of the American public. And to think that I put faith in the man who used to wear the uniform of a Marine and serve in the US Armed Forces!!! I have to find my receipt for the purchase to prove I am a "Certified Buyer". Well I have a carcass of a Health Master Elite that I will send you as proof of purchase!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I bought the Montel Williams Healthmaster Blender Walmart.com 2 years ago. I've been using it to make smoothies and other drink but, the first time I used it to make soup as they said we could make hot or cold stuff in it. Big mistake, right after that it started leaking and I call the company to see if I could get a replacement pitcher after searching online and could not find one. The representative I spoke with told that they discontinue the lenders. They don't sell blender anymore, I should go check online to see if I can find a pitcher for the blender which I think is not good, if the company cannot help me to find where out there AM I going to find it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought this because Montel Williams endorsed this product and paid $309.90. Used it maybe 6 times and it stopped working. I sent back the defective blender with a check for $29.99 which they cashed & it also cost me $45.79 to ship it via USPS. It's been 3 months with no response from anyone. On phone with them now, they have discontinued the product & are offering me a Fusion Juicer & Fusion Booster as a replacement, the cost is $69.99. OMG, how is this fair, I paid $309.90 for a product with a warranty, sent $29.99 to have it fixed and they want to give me a cheaper replacement. Very, very upset.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Motor works and Blender pitchers is cracked. Montel Williams should pay for the pitcher and motor since we bought with knowing he is backing the product. He should be shame of himself for collecting money for the product.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

We bought the Healthmaster Blender and when it worked we're very satisfied. The problem is the blender pitcher cracked without being moved from its original spot on our island and never being bumped or dropped. Next in the middle of blending it quit working, would not be reset and would not light up. It just died. This was a VERY expensive item to just die with so little use. VERY disappointed that Montel would sponsor such a unreliable product for money! DO NOT BUY this product!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I purchased 2 Master blenders at the time, sent one for my sister in Africa and I kept one, preciously kept. After using it one day, the next day, it was not working, did all I can, never again. These blenders are very expensive to not last longer. I'm a cancer patient, wish I can have it, not to worry to buy another blender for me daily smoothies.

Original review: July 7, 2017

We purchased this item about 3 years ago or less. I went to use it a few months ago, & nothing lit up. Like, no lights, nothing. It won't turn on, nothing at all. We only used it about 8 times in the whole time we have had it. We spent the high price on it, thinking that it would last longer than the cheaper brands. With all I have read about this product, I think there should be a lawsuit against whoever should be responsible. Do not buy...

Original review: June 18, 2017

It was a great blender! Loved it. But, they did not honor their warranty. When the motor blew out the fourth time, they said they could not honor the deal because they made new model and that my original phone number changed so I was not eligible for any of the benefits for this blender, unless I purchase an entire new one. Not happening! Lifetime guarantee means lifetime guarantee! I have paid $50.00 for replacements many times for shipping in the past. I would not recommend this blender to anyone because the company does not honor their supposed lifetime agreement!!!

Original review: May 5, 2017

Our family has been using this blender for about 4 years and I was quite happy with it overall. The last week or so I could hear the motor labouring a little and this morning it finally was showing signs of being on its last legs. 4 years of daily use and I wasn't overly surprised. But just before it finally quit for good I put approx 3-4 cups of water in to see if the motor could handle that. I turned the blender on and to my surprise the water turned BROWN.

Now I'm really concerned how long that may have been going on for. No colour alarm bells were raised as our smoothies were usually dark fruit with cacao added. For cleaning I would wash and rinse it out under tap. There had been a little dark residue on the bottom of the blender, which I figured wasn't ideal but chalked it up to the heavy usage, but it never crossed my mind that it may be coming up into the blender. So angry and disappointed that this machine we were using (and trusting) to improve our health may have been doing the opposite.

Original review: April 13, 2017

The blender just died on me in the middle of using it, have not used it too much and paid quite a bit several years go. Read the directions to see if there was a switch to restart. It is on bottom but motor overheated and will not run again. I waited several hours to cool down. The lights came on but no motor, very disappointed and cannot get anyone from company to back up the warranty.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have owned my HealthMaster Pro for over 7 years, and I have never experienced any issues with it. This machine has worked beautifully from the moment I pulled it out of the box and gave it a go! :)

Original review: March 19, 2017

Very poorly made-piece of crappie. Get a Vitamix instead. I purchased this Montel Williams healthmaster blender after watching an infomercial. I was really impressed with what they said/showed it could do. First I must say that it is large and bulky. Within a few uses I noticed a black gunk on the base of the unit. It turns out that there was something loose at the bottom of the jar that causes it to leak. I called the company, of course the jar is not under warranty, and was told it would cost $50.00 to replace. New one arrived. I uses it approximately 4 times and it happened again. This company is a fraud because I refuse to believe that they are not aware of the problems with their product.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I purchased the HEALTHMASTER ELITEMODEL JLA-8 and used it maybe 4 times... Worked fine. Then a few months later, went to use it... Nothing! Paid the $29.99. Received another motor... Went to use it again... I now have the same issue! Just packed up the second motor! What a rip off! Such a scam! Such an outrageous price... to make Montel rich! Never will I recommend this to anyone! He should be returning his blessings! The Better Business will also be notified! The life of a star! Paid by debit card!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

My husband bought me this blender for my birthday. I was so excited to use it to make smoothies, soups and so much more! I had only used it a couple of times when it started leaking out of the canister, I then noticed when I took the canister off the smoothie maker it was full of thick black yuck!! It started making an awfully loud noise and smelt like burning rubber. I feel this very expensive blender should last, especially when it doesn't get used often. I am very disappointed.

I tried calling customer service to speak to someone about the faulty product. I called 973-287-5189. The gentleman said the product was discontinued and would transfer me to the corporate office. I then waited on hold for 45 minutes. There were frequent messages stating "A live customer service representative will be with you shortly." although nobody ever responded. A message also would ask "If you would like to leave a message for the next available agent, press 1". I finally did after 45 minutes of waiting. Oh and a message also claims they "value our business and will be with you as soon as they can". We will see how it works leaving a message. Very upset customer!!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Montel Williams HealthMaster Elite - Bought 2 years ago... Hardly used maybe 6-7 times. Unpacked to make salsa and it was dead! It's a blender.. They're not used much in my home. I thought I was investing in one of the best. So wrong! I called Healthmaster, talk with a fellow, stayed on hold for over 30 mins to be told to send $29.99 in postage and they will send me another. Now that's great, but NOW I'm investing another $60.00 for postage there AND BACK! Really Geez! I'll send it, but you should pay to send it back! It's a lifetime warranty!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

The blender started out just fine, then the motor started making this loud noise, & with metal shaving, coming from the bottom of the pitcher. Also the blades in the pitcher are loose & it leaks. I would like to have a new blender or a refund.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

Health Master Elite - I'm soooo hurt. I used my blender twice and all of a sudden I threw a Halloween party and tried to use it then boom!! No action. So embarrassing. I was proud to hand these guys $250. I thought I was paying for quality but instead I got $250 taken away from me. Not cool at all. People work hard for their money and we deserve nice things. You knew the value of this blender was nothing so why on earth would you put it out there for us to purchase. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. I brag so much on this blender when I got it. I even recommended it to a few family and friends. I'm actually afraid to call and ask if theirs still working. I need to be reimbursed or send me a better blender. It's not fair. Please, please, please replace my blender. Please. :(

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

Like other people I thought I could trust Montel Williams and was buying a high quality blender. Used it a few times and then it stopped working. This company stole $200 from me. Don't waste your money on this blender.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I bought this blender 2013. Today my wife was making a water melon juice today and the machine started smoking and stopped working completely. It shut down the electricity in the kitchen. I called customers service soon after that and spoke to Felicia who eventually transfers me to another department and then spoke to Brian who explained to me that this machine THE HEALTHMASTER FROM MONTEL had been discontinued already but they will replace it with another unit that have the same lifetime warranty on the motor and same power as the HealthMaster. He also told me that I should be getting an email on next 24 to 48 hours with a confirmation and a tracking number. The unit should arrive in seven to ten days. I cannot wait to see my new unit.

Original review: July 27, 2016

I purchased the Healthmaster 6 six years ago and I had a wonderful time making smoothies in it. It has some flaws which needs to be corrected but it's a great product. For one, there needs to be some material at bottom of the pitcher that can stay in place after constant usage. I notice after constant use materials start coming off the pitcher. There is a brownish to black slime that lines the top of the pitcher after use. This should not be. I like the product because it's affordable and it's actually better than another well know blender that I purchased after I bought the Healthmaster and there is no comparison. I upgraded myself to the Healthmaster Elite and was very happy with until the pitcher started coming apart so I ordered a new pitcher. If you fixed these things, this would be top of the line high quality product which would give Vitamix a run for their money.

Original review: July 26, 2016

I hear multiple negative reviews for HealthMaster, but my experience has been very POSITIVE as far as their customer service is concerned. Yes, after 2 years of use the motor went out and they replaced it with a brand new Health Master. Then after 3 years of use of the new replacement machine, the motor went out again and AGAIN they replaced it with a brand new unit. They have given me no hassles and no problems with the return. I say they have exceptional customer service and back up their warranty. At least this is what I've experienced. Also, I love the machine...it's made some great smoothies and looking forward to using it for many more years!!

Healthmaster Blender Company Information

Healthmaster
www.livingwellwithmontel.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business