1.30/5
Based on 265 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Wallingford, CT

270 Healthmaster Blender Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2016

Purchased and stored, because of the large footprint it took up, built a new home with more counter space and plugged it in. DEAD, never got to use it, and by the way, it's out of warranty! QVC doesn't care either. Nice, 250$ pissed away -- disgusting. Thanks Montel.

Original review: July 6, 2016

Healthmaster Blender was given to me as a gift from family several years ago. I was using it regularly and the last several times it had a brown slime on the bottom of the pitcher. I called the customer service and was told product no longer made and no parts available. We are talking over $200 for something with a lifetime warranty on motor. This product is a scam and monies should be refunded.

Original review: July 3, 2016

We also had one use of this machine before it stopped working. I did not even get a smoothie as my son had the one and only drink it ever made. Montel Williams is a thief a should be put in jail. All that is is outright FRAUD! I know he has MS but that doesn't give you liberty to steal from hard working people. Him and that psychic or should l say nonpsychic should be ashamed. A bunch of FRAUDSTERS!

Original review: June 20, 2016

I was gifted this blender new some time ago and it was supposed to have a lifetime warranty. During the third time I used it, the motor smelled funny and stopped working. My wife called the number listed for support and they said that because this model was no longer made it is no longer supported under its "Lifetime" warranty. I find that to be a violation of that warranty. If they aren't willing to abide by their own warranty, I suggest that people should no longer buy this product. I would think that if it has a lifetime warranty and they no longer make the model, they should replace this with the newer model.

Original review: June 12, 2016

Used once and it was such a pain in the ** to assemble with all the locking mechanisms. I got frustrated and stored it. A year later (today: 6/12/16) got it out and you guessed right. All locking mechanisms in place, reset done, two different power sources tried and a no go. It was like I handed someone $250.00 and said enjoy! I work hard for my money. What a piece of junk!!! Hopefully the company went bankrupt... shame on them!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthmaster?

Original review: June 7, 2016

While my husband was making a smoothie, the blender started smoking and a hole appeared in the bottom. Since I am Canadian, I had to pay a whole lot more than American consumers for this product. I haven't had it that long, so it's very frustrating and it will be expensive to replace it.

Original review: May 31, 2016

I purchased my blender in 2013. I have used it maybe 5 times and this time while using it just died. This blender cost me $200. What a ripoff. I was reading other reviews, and we all seem to have the same problem. I propose we file a class action suit against the company.

Original review: May 6, 2016

I was making a smoothie and it started leaking out the bottom. The last time I used it it had a brown substance around the bottom of the blender.

Original review: May 3, 2016

My family has owned this product for 2 years, but only used it a dozen times or so. It smells awful when in use and a greasy brown slime appears at the base of the blender pitcher. Today, when using it to make a smoothie, it smoked, caught fire, and sent hot metal/plastic shards flying around the kitchen causing bodily harm. This product isn't just garbage; it's dangerous. This product's liability needs to be addressed.

Original review: May 1, 2016

My experience with this blender is exactly the same as the majority of other reviewers here. I purchased this highly touted appliance through Montel's infomercial - big mistake. I used it a few times a week for about three months, solely to make smoothies. The one time I attempted to make soup it was so scary that I aborted the mission after just a few minutes. I thought that it was going to burn my house down, and it was supposed to go on like that for a very long time. After the few months of smoothie making, it just stopped working. It will reluctantly turn on, but instantly shuts down when any other button is pushed. It's been sitting in my basement for almost two years because I've been too angry and disgusted to deal with it. I was duped, along with many, many other people. What can be done about this?

Original review: April 25, 2016

I purchased my blender in June 2014. I did not purchased the extended warranty. I called the company today using the phone number provided by one of the customers on this website. I was ready for a fight and a runaround. To my surprise I DID NOT have to fight with the customer service department at all. The customer service floor supervisor Christina was professional and attentive to my needs. She said that model was discontinued and asked if she could transfer me to the parts department to handle my request. The representative in the parts department Brian was professional and pleasant. He informed me that he could send me another blender - a new better blender. All I had to pay was $19.99 for shipping and handling and the unit should arrive in 7 to 10 business days. Looking forward to receiving my new better unit soon. I will let you know if Tristar held true to their promise when I receive the unit.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I was so excited when I first purchased this machine that worked really good, especially by emulsifying very well. I am attaching proof of purchasing a Health Master, which lasted only three years. I did it through Amazon.com, however it is unbelievable that such a very well-known product worked only for so little. I am really disappointed. By November 2015, one day, I just turned it on (as normally), and it was totally dead even when I didn't use it everyday, just from time to time... I am attaching proof of my purchase in 2012, and also proof of new purchasing. But this time (unfortunately for your firm) from Vitamix, since I couldn't count on Health Master for very long. I think it was not fair to pay so much for a blender (supposed to last at least 8 years) that lasted barely three years. What a POOR PRODUCT!

This complaint has been sent five times since Dec. 2015 your website info@myhealthmaster.com and returned back to me like this: "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed: info@myhealthmaster.com. Message will be retried for 2 more day(s). Technical details of temporary failure: The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at **."

Original review: April 20, 2016

My 76 year old mom spent $269.94 (including a 6 year warranty) on this piece of ** appliance and gave it to me as a Christmas gift in 2012. I did not ever use it until I attempted to make a smoothie on 04/03/2016. When I plugged it in, NOTHING! Please read my review and comments below and you can get your unit replaced FREE OF CHARGE with a superior product. If you purchased a warranty, the remainder of your warranty will convey to your new unit. If this information provides relief for even one person my job is done and I am happy! Please read below!

04/20/2016 @ 1235 EST - Several days prior to making this phone call, I with an individual [Customer Service Supervisor (CSS)] regarding this appliance. I was informed that the product has been discontinued, there is nothing that can be done -- "We can only refund the cost of the $30 Warranty." Subsequently, I requested to speak with HER supervisor and was requested to provide my email and phone number. I was informed that I would receive a call from her supervisor. After several days of waiting, I called back on 04/20/16.

I spoke with Christina **, I informed her that the product had a 6-year warranty. In addition, the motor was touted as guaranteed for life. I was informed that since the product has been discontinued, there is nothing that can be done. I asked to speak with her supervisor or manager above her. She asked for my contact phone number and informed me that her supervisor would call me within 45min to 1 hour.

04/20/16 @ 1429 EST - No phone call was received, so I called again and spoke with Christine ** and was transferred to Jhanelle ** (CSS). After much ado (same story I was given by all previous agents), I informed her that a class action lawsuit would be pursued and I would contact all individuals making negative reports to consumer advocacy agency. At this time, she transferred me to the “Specialty Department”. I was transferred to Caldwell, NJ and spoke with “Brian **” at the “Corporate Office”. After stating my case (including potential class action lawsuit), I was kindly informed that my unit would be replaced -- at no cost -- with a “Shred Emulsifier (Model # SE1-PRO)” that can be found at: **.

Although this item retails for only $149.97, it appears to be a superior product to a functioning HealthMaster Elite. Furthermore, the remainder of the 6 year warranty would convey to the Shred Emulsifier. As food for thought (pun intended), the website touts a “100 year warranty” on the motor. I have copied and pasted this web page onto a word document, should there be any “confusion”.

Brian informed me that I would be receiving a confirmation email within 24-48 hours that includes a tracking number. He also stated that although he has no direct phone number for contact purposes… If I do not receive the confirmation email in 24-48 hours or if there are any other unresolved issues, I should contact him at the Customer Service number (1-973-287-5170) and immediately be asked to be transferred to the “Corporate Office” to speak with “Brian (employee ID **)”.

Original review: April 9, 2016

Well I like the rest of all you, paid top dollar for the 'so called' best machine in the world... My 4th time using it never came to be... Loaded it up with my fruits and veggies to make my smoothie and it would not turn on... I am so bummed, and like the most of you I paid over 250.00 for it. I thought for sure it was going to be a good product because Montel put his name on it. The rest we all know the same thing that lifetime guarantee was a BIG FAT LIE.

Original review: April 3, 2016

Extremely dissatisfied with the Healthmaster Elite I purchased after watching Living Well Montel's promotion of the blender. It was very expensive. After about 20 uses to make protein shakes, it started smoking and reeking of smoke. I only used it once to make soup (this was highlighted in the promotion of the blender) but thank goodness I never left it to complete processes unattended as I feel it would have caught fire. It should be removed from the market with a huge warning to consumers.

I feel I have been totally ripped off as it was several hundred dollars. I dare not use the appliance again as the smoke from it was thick, putrid and I feel that it could very easily catch fire and cause an electrical fire in my home. I am disgusted that Montel promoted this inferior product and the manufacturer should be held responsible & should be compensating consumers for this inferior, dangerous product. Where are the standards in this country for safe guarding consumers? I look forward to a response from this complaint and expect monetary compensation. Model no: JLA-8. Serial number on the appliance is CA0067959 Date code 1208. It also states that it 'conforms' to UL STD. 982.

Original review: March 24, 2016

I purchased the Healthmaster a few years ago and it was horrible, nothing like how it was portrayed on tv. First of all, it was not as easy to use. Secondly, I used it 3 times before it burned out. It was a very heavy machine. I didn't realize that before I bought it. But, most importantly, I wasted money I didn't have to waste. I learned a valuable lesson because I had it awhile before I opened it and used it, so the fourth time, it wouldn't do anything. You could just smell a burning smell. I guess I burned it up making daiquiris. I hadn't even attempted to make smoothies yet. I totally wasted my money because they said there was nothing they could do about it. I wish I could rate it a ZERO. I would have to look for the receipt, don't know if I still have it. Don't want anything, just wanted to give my review.

Original review: March 15, 2016

I bought two blender with seven year warranty. Now my blender is leaking. Customer service told me ship it back plus $29.99 other hand company is discontinue. Before they were sending the shipping label free but now you have to pay. WHY???

Original review: March 9, 2016

My blender also has a lifetime warranty. I have called to have replaced because it smokes and they told me they no longer make it. No replacement, no refund. This is a total scam. I spent a lot of money on this. They should be held accountable and refund our money. We need a lawsuit. I can't believe Montel put his name on this product and nobody is standing behind this piece of junk!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

I do not think I have even used it a dozen times in the two years I have had it. It always smells hot and starts smoking every time I have used it. I have used it exclusively for smoothies. Now, yesterday, I just used it for the last time, as the ball bearings and the metal piece on the bottom of the pitcher, has been chewed up and smoking hot. This is a dangerous piece of kitchen equipment. I cannot believe that I paid so much money for it. Walmart would have been a better choice with a cheaper one, plus I might get a little customer service. VERY DISSATISFIED! Now, that I have read countless other complaints, I see that it is the same flaws and defects for all of them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

I was excited like others about this product. I should of listened to my husband. The product started smelling like burnt tires and it would smoke. I WANTED TO ORDER THE PART NO PRODUCT. I was furious. I used it 5 times and the bearings started coming out like bebes. I need to be refunded for the product sold to me. Sorry to say I was also taken and lost money. It was my birthday gift. Taken.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I realized that a dark ooze was on the bottom of the blender pitcher and on the top of the motor after blending a smoothie. I wondered what might be in my smoothie, so I blended some plain water... After blending, I looked at the color of the water, it is obvious that the dark brown ooze that was on the outside is also in the water... therefore, it was also in my smoothie. Again, the dark brown ooze was also on the bottom of the blender and top of the motor as well. Do NOT buy this machine.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

After one year of usage and not everyday HealthMaster Elite burnt out. It started smoking like crazy. Guess many people got taken by this product that Montel promoted but doesn't back. Oh plus it's made in China!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I have had my machine about a year and it just quit working... Tried calling to get it replaced and they said they could not do that... I would have to buy a new one. I would not recommend this machine to anyone. I would like my $200 back please.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

I have seen so many complaints on Montel Williams product the Healthmaster. It was very expensive, & I purchased mine on QVC. When I first bought it I used it a few times and then put it away for awhile. The very next time I took it out, absolutely nothing happened. When I go online to read reviews everyone is saying the exact same thing. He has one star out of close to 100 reviews. Usually QVC is very good in offering people refunds, but I do not understand why nothing is being done about the Healthmaster. I was sad to see that people are still purchasing it with posts just in January.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I bought the HealthMaster in 2012. I was told if the motor stop working that I have a hundred years warranty. The machine worked fine at first. I did not used it much because of the big picture. I used my smaller On-The-Go blender instead. I can count the times on 10 fingers I've used the HealthMaster since I've had it. I put it away for about 3 years without using it. I pulled it out on Christmas of 2015 to make me and my family some frozen drinks. I made one pitcher, but when I went to make a second pitcher it stopped working. It completely shut down. It stopped working in the process. I was trying to get a working number. I went to this website. All of the complaints were just like mine. I'm very upset that I wasted my $250. I am a part time worker for the Board of Education. I work very hard like so many others and I don't have money to throw away. I would like to be refunded my money. Sincerely, unsatisfied customer.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

Today, I called customer service for Montel Williams Health Master/Living Well Montel about my Healthmaster blender model YD2088D which broke while I was using the product, the motor gave out. When I purchased the blender they said it had a lifetime warranty on the motor. I've used it 4 times. When I called they said they quit selling it about 1 yr. ago. They no longer make that model. They do not have parts or service them either. Basically I'm out the $200 plus I spent on it plus shipping and handling. I looked online and this has happened too many times. I should have checked out Montel Williams before I bought it. They didn't stand by their product. It is made by Tristar.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

Like everyone else used my blender couple times a week. Been in Florida for 6 months. Came back, tried to use and like everyone else nothing. Paid a lot and was to last. Tried to contact. No such number. After seeing reviews I guess l am just out the money but wanted to add my bad luck.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

I purchased Montel Williams HealthMaster and It stopped working! What happened to the warranty you talked about? Please send me my replacement! Or send me my $200.00 back! I purchased my HealthMaster from HSN. How do we start a class action lawsuit? Look at all of the complaints on the HealthMaster!! Stand by your Products Montel Williams!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

Warning - don't waste your money. My husband bought this as a gift. Loved it for about a year then it began to smell and smoke. It finally gave out completely. Wish we could get our money back.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

Machine only lasted a little over 1 year. Motor cut out. Can't contact them.

Healthmaster Blender Company Information