2. Homeowners

GE Refrigerators

GE Refrigerators
Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.19/5

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Refrigerators Shop on Build.com

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Our fridge is a smaller 24 cf version, with the freezer in the bottom. We’ve had it for 10+ years with no problems yet. Food is easy to access in both the fridge and freezer. It’s quite economical compared to our previous brand. I like the appeal of the s.s. finish, as well as the hardware that came with it. The only drawback to it is you have to open the door to get access to the cold water tap. I’d buy this unit again, if this one croaks soon!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

We have a galley kitchen & needed a fridge that was ‘counter depth’. We also wanted gray appliances to match our decor. The GE Profile Line Refrigerator we chose makes up in width where we had to cut back in depth. It’s energy efficient as well as beautiful to look at. We couldn’t be happier! It shows itself off every time you open it, there are great lighting effects, even in the bottom drawer, which change color, depending on which setting you choose. The freezer, on the bottom, is also a dream, great ice make & lots of room. We are very happy with our purchase & highly recommend it!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Have had my General Electric Refrigerator about 8 months, brand new. It's very updated, timely and performs well. The temperature as set, keeps freezer food, as well as my usual assortment of basic refrigerator foods evenly cold. Along with a companion G.E. updated electric stove with range hood, this threesome is making a kitchen fashion statement nestled amongst blonde style oak cabinets, and their black easy wipe appliance surfaces. Living in a tornado alley midwestern area with above average storm and excessive wind activity, I'm very much impressed with this threesome's electric holding on and adaptable strength during the rougher stormy weather seasons, especially.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

We bought an expensive GE Cafe series refrigerator because it was the only one with a longer lifespan per reports. Thus far, the refrigerator is acceptable, though not as appealing as our 25 year old one that it replaced. The new one's doors are heavy and don't close with a slight shove (you have to consciously and firmly close the doors). The bright back-lit interior is easy to find things in; there's lots of room, though it's not as well thought out as their older ones (the door shelves are quite narrow and dont' hold much on the side with the icemaker). There's a lot of room that could have been used for shelf space, but isn't. Overall, we like it, but miss our old one.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

The reason I purchased this fridge was because of the no fingerprints stainless steel finish. It has worked well for the past 7 years so I suppose I don't have any complaints. I'm not thrilled with the way the shelves are set up in the freezer, but you can make them work. Deep shelves in the door are great and can hold just about everything you might use regularly with no problem. Would be nice if the regular shelves slid out for easy access.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I bought my cafe series french door refrigerator in August. The vegetable crispers are constantly dripping with moisture. I called for a repair man who informed me I had items too close to the back of the fridge. Okay. Moved all items closer to front taking away from valuable fridge space. Crispers still dripping with moisture.

I am so not happy with this appliance.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I am on my second Brand new GE Profile fridge and neither one have held temp in the freezer section. It is anywhere from - 15F to 23F in a typical day. The water dispenser water is often lukewarm temp and the dispenser is leaky. The inside does not have much space either. I had two techs out to try to fix the first new fridge before it was replaced with a new one. They didn’t know what was wrong with it. I’m afraid I have made a costly mistake.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

We had a similar horror story to others here. Our brand new GE Profile built-in fridge (paid top dollar similar to the price of a SubZero) and it broke 3 months later. It's warm in the fridge section (temps in the 40s and 50s which makes food go bad), and 18 to 22 below zero (way too cold) in the freezer. It also leaks big puddles on our kitchen floor. So we can't use the fridge part, only the freezer. And we've been waiting almost TWO WHOLE MONTHS now. Still not fixed with 2 different visits, parts ordered, and so on. Now today, we waited weeks for them to come and they cancelled last minute. Worse they rescheduled a whole week away from now. So we continue to have zero resolution and no fridge for yet another week. Whatever you do... NEVER buy a GE!!!! Crap quality and crap service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Ice maker leaks and was very noisy from the beginning. Seal around door does not seal. Had warranty work done. Problems came back. Rusty parts inside. Temperature will not properly. 5 years old now. Cost over $1100. Not even good enough for a garage refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Bought the side by side fridge in June 2017 and have been very pleased. The freezer gets crowded easily and not enough selves to work with. Excellent ice maker and water dispenser. Roomy door storage in fridge and drawers hold large vegetables and packages of meat.

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs

GE, or General Electric, is an American appliance manufacturer headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company ranks as the 26th largest firm in the United States, according to the Fortune 500.

• Energy efficiency: General Electric refrigerators are mostly Energy Star appliances, which means big savings for users and a 20 percent improvement over standard refrigerators.

• Features: GE refrigerators offer a number of unique features, such as digital water dispenser readouts and temperature-controlled drawers.

• Capacity: GE offers a wide range of storage capacities in its models, ranging from 4 cubic feet to more than 26 cubic feet.

• Styles: GE has many different styles of refrigerators, from bottom-door freezers to French doors and everything in between.

• Handicap accessible: Some of GE's fridges are designed to make them easier for handicapped people to use.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team