Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Refrigerators

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Refrigerator does its basic job very well, no repairs in few years I have owned it, however the cold water dispenser does not dispense nearly enough cold water - it should have a reservoir to hold cold water, not just tubing coiled up inside the fridge - I do have this plugged into an RCA surge protector made for refrigerators however, as I have been told the modern circuitry in today's fridges tends to get fried from small surges in our electrical supply.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

We bought a GE Profile refrigerator and were scared of any refrigerator because most had a bad name, and particularly we had heard negatives of GE. HOWEVER, several months in (less than 6 months to be exact) the fridge is holding up and keeping things cool, making ice and water appropriately which is why SO FAR I would recommend GE refrigerator. We have model GFE28GYNBFS which is not super flashy but is sleek looking and does the functions we need! Also large capacity but not crazy where we can’t reach the back.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I've owned the GE Bottom side by side freezer for one year. It's quiet, maintains the set temperature, and I can control how often the ice maker cycles. The three shelves including one split shelf allows me to view most items at a glance. I especially like that I can use either two vegetable drawers or use one for vegetables and one for fruit. Included is a narrow meat, cheese drawer, too. The side doors are roomy for condiments, butter, salad dressings, etc. Although I can store soda cans on the bottom door shelf, I sometimes can't view, and tend to forget about the sodas because the shelf sits slightly behind the other door shelving. The bottom freezer is divided into two large bins, an ice maker tray, and a pull out top shelf. I find it very roomy. My only concern is that the stainless exterior easily shows fingerprints and needs to be wiped down frequently. However, I'm basically pleased with the refrigerator in general.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

My coverage I had at the time I had a refrigerator when I had a home and my insurance through Farmer’s Insurance at that time covered my parts and labor on my refrigerator 100%. Did not cost me that much more to have it covered through my Insurance which covered me on my liability Insurance on my truck at the time too and did not have to pay much more to have personal property insurance coverage on my refrigerator too. Just a few dollars more every month with my liability insurance every month too. That’s what I did every month too when I renewed my liability insurance coverage on my truck every month too and right now I don’t need to have until I buy another home too which I am preparing to do again as soon as I am able to find again too.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

It is a good side by side freezer & refrigerator. The freezer is smaller than we would like and the worse part is the noisy icemaker. It is not new maybe 6 years old. The freezer does what it is suppose to do and keep things frozen the refrigerator half has nice separate vegetable bin and meat/cheese bin. The convenience of the milk on the door and other bottles on the door shelves is convenient and gives more shelf storage in the refrig part.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Purchased GE French Door Refrigerator (Model GFE28GYNGFS) on 11/12/2022 from Home Depot and delivered on 11/17/2022. On 12/26/2022 the compressor failed. Home Depot does not honor their appliance products past 48 hrs and referred me to GE for the mfg warranty. Tried since Dec 26th to get it serviced under the GE warranty. No luck with that. The closest service appt was on 1/3. GE cancelled that appt on the day of service claiming the servicing rep called out of work that day. It was rescheduled for 1/6. Again, a no-show (not even a phone call or email this time). Do not purchase a GE product.

Would never have suspected the compressor to fail in less than 45 days. Bad product, even worst Customer Service. When trying to schedule an appointment, you get the run-around. One person even lied to me about the reason for the first cancellation. I guess she didn't see the email and listen to the voice mail left by her colleague. They just keep playing the delay game. In the meantime, I have a refrigerator that won't work and can't get fixed. Worthless.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

The Ice is too big! You cannot adjust the size of the ice! The ice constantly sticks together requiring you to open the ice door, pull the reservoir out, shake the H-E double toothpicks out of the ice, and put it back in. I have to do this several times a week. You would think with all the technology and convenience built in to the GFE29HSDDSS model they would have put a little more thought and quality into the ice maker. This one function is a festering blemish on the face of an otherwise great refrigerator.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

So far we are very happy with our refrigerator. It fits the space where it is goes. It chills the food nicely. Some of the plastic is flimsy, but acceptable. Added an ice maker to the freezer section since the one in the door doesn’t hold very much ice.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Five year system warranty - died at 6. It broke many times over the years that needed to be fixed - touch screen, evaporator fan, many other issues. It finally had a freon system leak which finally killed it. Not happy. Oh, and did I mention that it requires a very expensive proprietary water filter.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Do not buy anything Café from GE! We are living in a $1.1M brand new home, it came stocked with a Café fridge, microwave, oven & dishwasher. 3 out of the 4 have broken within 12 months!! We hardly even use our appliances. They are difficult to work with and get ahold of. When they scheduled our appliance repairs they put us with HORRIBLE third party companies. We were lucky if they ever even showed up. We will NEVER recommend or buy from GE again.

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GE, or General Electric, is an American appliance manufacturer headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company ranks as the 26th largest firm in the United States, according to the Fortune 500.

• Energy efficiency: General Electric refrigerators are mostly Energy Star appliances, which means big savings for users and a 20 percent improvement over standard refrigerators.

• Features: GE refrigerators offer a number of unique features, such as digital water dispenser readouts and temperature-controlled drawers.

• Capacity: GE offers a wide range of storage capacities in its models, ranging from 4 cubic feet to more than 26 cubic feet.

• Styles: GE has many different styles of refrigerators, from bottom-door freezers to French doors and everything in between.

• Handicap accessible: Some of GE's fridges are designed to make them easier for handicapped people to use.

GE Refrigerators Company Information