GE Refrigerators
2.90/5
Based on 139 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

GE Refrigerators

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

1691 GE Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Installed GE Cabinet Depth Fridge. Not Cheap. Quiet and works until water or ice maker springs a leak. Valves next to electronics. Water line plastic, bursts 3 times. Blew circuit board. $$ Hundreds later... line burst again. SEE Pictures. Should not have electronics next to electrical or maybe used copper or higher quality water line.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I had to replace the ice maker's bin. It was easier than ordering the parts and paying someone to install them. The auger broke into pieces and I had shards of plastic mixed in with my ice upon dispensing. Noticed upon drinking out of a glass! So, replaced the ice bin. Constant problems with no ice cubes, only crushed ice. Then vice versa. I will never buy another GE product again. The refrigerator was only 5 years old.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I like the GE refrigerators with the double shelves. It is easier to fit different height items and easier to organize. But I haven't found one in my price range yet.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We had problems with the refrigerator from day 1 but I feel even under warranty GE did not stand behind their product and customer satisfaction as they used to. We have lost certainly hundreds of dollars of food between portions of the refrigerator freezing while portions of the freezer are not cold enough. The GE certified repairmen would look at the temp on the door and insist "it must be fine," despite the frozen food (milk, vegetables, etc) in the refrigerator portion. Grew up with GE but I will NOT purchase another refrigerator or appliance from them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Since purchasing the refrigerator we have replaced 3 drawers at different intervals, the spiral rod in the freezer ice tray was replaced 4 months ago, and now the water dispenser does not work. I am very disappointed in this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The unit failed countless times and ultimately was a complete loss and company never covers food loss. I would never buy another GE appliance. They darn near rebuilt it and it still failed.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We have been pleased overall with this unit. We needed to purchase a specific size based on the size space we had to work with. Beyond this, we have had little problems with the unit.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Current fridge. Purchased 2 summers ago to replace 1 that unexpectedly dropped dead. Conserving cost part of decision. It has top freezer, large drawers, ample shelves, and good temp control. Great purchase.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had a GE refrigerator and it was the biggest piece of junk. It leaked water from the freezer to the bottom of the fridge. I called the manufacturer and they basically said it was my problem. I will never own a GE product again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We had our first GE 2 door for about 30 years and we replaced it with our current GE with a bottom freezer because we needed a bigger one. The old one is now out in the garage and still going strong.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Our side by side freezer is small. I have a GE top freezer refrigerator that holds just as much as the side by side and, it is small. We looked at the refrigeration side but not much at the freezer. Always check both when you buy to make sure your needs are met.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

GE side by side fridge/Freezer is good but the support and parts availability are poor! They make parts unavailable to try and get you buy a new appliance!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

GE is economical, spacious and good looking. This refrigerator is easy to care for me. It holds your food longer. It is energy saving. It comes in many colors.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Only refrigerator I have used in past 45 years other than Whirlpool and they were good also. Had few repairs. We only had the auto ice/water dispenser in the door. It worked good. The door and refrigerator features have changed over the years. I have never had a refrigerator like that, but the GE and Whirlpool appliances we had always lasted a long time.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Numerous problems. Had to replace door gaskets at cost of $200 plus after three years. At five years the freezer and the refrigerator section lost ability to cool properly. Freezer went to -20 degrees and refrigerator section went to 59 degrees.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

What a disappointment! It has had 3 repairs in 5 years. It freezes things in the refrigerator section. You have to keep adjusting the temperature. The drawers are hard to remove for cleaning and the ice tray jams. It hums and it is not as spacious as the dimensions would indicate. The rubber seal is ripping and the filter is hard to install.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My GE is a side by side, stainless. It has performed very well with regular cleaning and maintenance. For usable space in the future I would pick a top & bottom style.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The first GE refrigerator lasted 2 years and because my insurance had expired I had to buy another one and I had no choice to get the same one because of the size I needed. The second one I had the same problem.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I have had my GE side by side for 11 years and have had no problems, other than the ice machine freezing and learned to just keep the light on or to pour hot water down it and that clears it up. I am going to be getting a new refrigerator as we are redoing the kitchen, but will want another GE as it is the best. Plenty of room in both refrigerator and in freezer.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Had some problems with GE refrigerator and had it under warranty. I had to have repairman out several times for the same problem. But it was an ok experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

On the whole the food stays cold. However, freezer door doesn't always stay closed. The light in the freezer does not always stay on. It has the usual stainless steel issue with fingerprints.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have a very small apartment and the thin fridge is perfect for me. I was very happy with the size of the freezer and the fact that it was on the bottom, which I did not find available in any other brand. I am a single person, retired on a fixed income, so it's very important for me to have the freezer space so that I can take advantage of sales on meat and poultry and fresh fruits and vegetables in season.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

It's a great refrigerator. Icemaker works great. My only complaint is it is almost too cold in the vegetable bin, or crisper drawer. My veggies have gotten frosty a few times. Probably the settings on my part though. I love my GE fridge.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Purchased GE freezer on bottom from HHGregg. They sent me a bad one. Keeps leaking and freezing and they would not take it back. Always used GE and never had a problem until HHGregg sold dishonest and bad product.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have the refrigerator that has the freezer on the bottom. And I love it. The only thing I don't like is the ice dispenser. We drink a lot of water and use a lot of ice and the dispenser is not big enough.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Totally disappointed. The meat tray constantly freezes. Locked tight to the freezer outer top. Have to warm water wipe to a release and crack solid ice to break thru. This has been a mess once a month at least. You won't like it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Purchased a counter depth GE Profile on Black Friday. Saved $1000.00 at Home Depot. The fridge features LED lights, a large deli drawer and vegetable drawers. Three different settings for each drawer is available depending on the food (ie, salad, deli, beverage or meat). First I am so happy I ordered counter depth however it may not be for everyone given it cuts room down a bit. It is perfect for me. I loved the higher quality shelving in the Profile and all the LED lights. My food looks beautiful.

The freezer is also well compartmentalized with moving high quality shelving. All the shelving is very very good quality. There is a significant difference between a GE and a GE Profile which is the top of the line. I recommend this fridge highly. I never hear noises as others have. Once the ice box is full you cannot hear the cubes dropping which was complaint believe it or not. The ice box is in the left door. Love the all the features on the front of the door which includes an alarm to remind you that you have left the door open.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Best fridge ever! We think serviceman replaced right part this time as error light has not come back on in 6 days. The freezer never had any ice buildup in 24 years!!! Only negative thing was accessory trays that were used almost daily in microwave and fridge. The lids cracked. But keep in mind not a fridge problem. Was so happy with this side by side refrigerator with ice maker. Now that the heater was replaced this past week, let's see how many more years we can get out of it. However, this was the first service on this fridge in 24 years!!! And we have a 29 year old GE microwave that runs like new... also never been serviced!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I am copy and pasting some of another customer's review because it explains my experience exactly. I Paid for a fridge on Dec 4th & scheduled delivery Dec 22. They were no show! Rescheduled and no show AGAIN!!! Mind you, I took time off work and scheduled plumber both times for the ice line. Third time, I received a call stating they would be at my house in 15 mins. Never received a call prior to that. I had to leave work. Fridge was delivered DAMAGED upon delivery. I RECEIVE NO CALL FROM GE regarding the damaged fridge. I’ve had to wait on hold, get disconnected NUMEROUS times. I still don’t have a fridge and it’s over a month with No compensation!!!

I will NEVER purchase another GE product ever again. For starters, be prepared to spend hours on the phone when trying to resolve any GE issue. The hold times (with awful music), disconnections and transfers are absolutely ridiculous. The amount of time spent on the phone alone is unacceptable, not to mention days taken off from work to accommodate numerous repairs. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand. This company’s customer service is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

We recently purchased a new home with GE being the only option for appliances. We purchased the Built-In Side by Side which looks beautiful but works really ugly. The refrigerator freezes item on the top shelf and our lovely ice-dispenser located on the door, shoots ice all over the floor. Needless to say, I expected much, much more. We had the repairman out and he said... quote, "Well, that's just the way it is... You know gravity and all." What the heck is that all about??? We paid $5,400 for this appliance and this is not the way it should be. We were not given a choice at POS and was told GE makes a superior product. Superior by whose standards, not mine. I am really disappointed with the refrigerator but more so with the lack of Customer Service. I would never purchase another GE appliances...period. Thank you.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GE, or General Electric, is an American appliance manufacturer headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company ranks as the 26th largest firm in the United States, according to the Fortune 500.

• Energy efficiency: General Electric refrigerators are mostly Energy Star appliances, which means big savings for users and a 20 percent improvement over standard refrigerators.

• Features: GE refrigerators offer a number of unique features, such as digital water dispenser readouts and temperature-controlled drawers.

• Capacity: GE offers a wide range of storage capacities in its models, ranging from 4 cubic feet to more than 26 cubic feet.

• Styles: GE has many different styles of refrigerators, from bottom-door freezers to French doors and everything in between.

• Handicap accessible: Some of GE's fridges are designed to make them easier for handicapped people to use.

• Best for: Consumers who need a reliable refrigerator for home use and like a wide variety of options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.ge.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use