GE Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Our GE Profile Model #GFE28GSKBSS Refrigerator with freezer on the bottom is a huge disappointment with a big price tag. The drip pan under the ice and water dispenser is flat so our kitchen floor is always filled with water. Thankfully, we don't have hardwoods in the kitchen. The ice dispenser is the worst we have ever had. Not only is it extremely slow, it jams almost daily. It takes forever to fill glasses with water and, if the ice dispenser is working, it only provides very little at a time. The best thing about this appliance is its good looks. We will never buy GE again and that's too bad because my husband is a home builder.

Since owning the refrigerator, it has required service seven (7) times for the same problem (water dispenser quits working) which has cost over $1,000 in service calls and parts not to mention the hours off work to be at home during the four-hour window when the technician is scheduled to arrive. Just five months after the 7th replacement, the water dispenser has quit working again.

This time I called the GE consumer relations number regarding the issue. After waiting on hold for 25 minutes, Tereka agreed there was a defective part. However, looking into it further (with me on hold even longer), she determined nothing would be done on their part, because the problem was due to hard water and I should have a water softener. Nowhere in the owner's manual does it mention a water softener is required for the appliance to function properly. Additionally, this was not mentioned the past 7 times the part was replaced, and how can Tereka in South Dakota determine Florida's water quality?

GE refrigerator model # GSH25JSBBSS - I purchased four GE appliances from Howard's in November 2011. One of the items was the refrigerator listed above. In 2014 the auger broke into many pieces and came out in our drinks. Since it is clear plastic it was almost ingested which could have been very dangerous. When I called my home warranty company I was told this was not a covered item. When I called GE they told me that I would have to pay for the part which would cost about $45 and then to get it installed would be another $150 or I could get a new ice bucket assembly which would cost over $200. After reading online about this problem in many of their models I am angry that GE doesn't fix this product and put in metal augers instead of plastic. Plastic is no match for ice and over time is will surely shatter. Paying over $200 to replace the ice bucket is a rip off.

Another issue I've had with this refrigerator happened recently. The water wouldn't come out of the door. I called GE and they said they could send someone out and it would cost over $150. I found a local, reputable appliance repair person and he came out and told me that the water line had frozen in the door and to use a blow dryer to unfreeze it. It took about 20 minutes of blowing it right where the water comes out making sure to not leave it in one place for long, and he was right. He didn't even charge me. GE is a bunch of crooks. I will NEVER buy a GE appliance again. When I moved into my new house I bought all LG appliances. I should have left the GE at the old house. GE needs to stand behind their appliances or get out of the business.

This is the worst icemaker/refrigerator I have ever owned and would never recommend it to anyone else. The icemaker never stops making ice, the ice in the bin freezes solid so it won't dispense. I have to dump it out often or it will just load up at the dispensing end and freeze solid. One week we were out of town and when I returned the whole thing froze up, I could not open the ice compartment. I had to turn the refrigerator off and let it all warm and thaw on its own. That meant I had to take everything out and keep my cold items in an ice chest for several days. My freezer items I had to "farm out" to willing neighbors. A G.E. repairman came. Found we didn't need a new ice maker, had no comment on why it won't stop making ice and why it freezes solid after two days.

I always was loyal to GE appliances. 3 years ago I decided to buy the new 3 doors GE REFRIGERATOR. 2 days ago I had problems with water dispenser, so I call GE for help. Yesterday the technician was in my house to repair the problem. He didn't know anything about the refrigerator without computer. He did know how to answer my questions. Then he charge me $125 for service, $79 for the part, and $108 for gas and trips to my house. Total of $311 with tax for not even 30 minutes work. This is outrageous.

When I call GE next day about charges, they said you don't have to call GE, you can call others. No wonder why people are unhappy from GE, the products sucks and their service is ripoff. I never buy GE or anything related to them. I will tell everyone how they treated me and never told me the truth about how their charges are!!! They don't care for customer. They just wanted their pockets to be full. Cheap quality appliances, high prices, and the parts are not even made in USA. I hope they go bankrupt??? DO NOT BUY GE AT ALL!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Just purchased this refrigerator Model #GYE22HSKBSS from Home Depot last week. Was delivered today January 30, 2017. Discovered water drips after being dispense and the drip pan is flat which means it runs down the refrigerator and onto the floor. Immediately went to Home Depot and was told they have to send out repair. Advised them I paid for a new refrigerator. Not one that needs to be repaired and I want a different refrigerator. Was told when they send someone out to tell them I want them to return it. When they call to schedule I was told something totally different. I will follow up after the appointment. Whatever happened to satisfaction guaranteed.

I have a GE bottom Freezer Model GFSS6KKYCSS. It is 6 1/2 years old and in May of 2016 the ice maker tray had to be replaced. Cost $328.58. Then a few months later I started to get an ice build up under the deli tray. Turns out it was not draining and it cost $294.82 to have it repaired. Now I can not get crushed ice only cubes and the ice buildup is starting again under the deli tray. GE's engineers need to go back to school and learn how to build a good product! I will no longer purchase an GE product.

Removing ice build-up in defrost drain. Ice builds up in defrost drain tube causing refrigerator coils and fan to freeze up. This 3-4 hour process involves pulling the refrigerator away from the wall and removing all food and removing the ice in the drain tube with boiling water and a turkey baster. Removing back refrig panel to attempt to remove all the frozen coils. This the fourth time. This action lasts a month.

There seems to be thousands and thousands of owners with the same problem. Sign me up for a class action suit because of the failure of GE to notify the public of a problem and to recommend a solution to alleviate this problem. Many have reported that repairmen generally refuse to work on this product. Some owners have report the cost of the repair as much as $800. UPSET OWNER OF A GE PROFILE REFRIGERATOR. Model PFSS6PKSS was told be the GE tech...that his model was a SAMSUNG MADE PRODUCT. Samsung has a class action suit filed on them for the same issue!!!

We purchased a GE Profile bottom freezer fridge and have had nothing but trouble with it. Both boards have had to be replaced as well as fixing a problem with the freezer getting too cold. Now, after a power outage, the appliance will not cool at all. We unplugged the appliance and plugged it back in which solved the problem for a few days but now the compressor is not running at all. We have spent almost as much on repairs as we spent on the appliance, not counting the cost of food loss. I will not buy another GE appliance.

OMG, where to begin... I purchased all my appliances in late 2007 during a whole house remodel where we also purchased cabinetry. All from Home Depot EXPO. Big mistake. Expo died a few years later. The remodel was done July 2008 and all the appliances were put in use. The 42" built-in refrigerator: it was supposed to be the Cadillac of Refrigerators. Motor on top where it makes sense. But instead a year after installation the electric door panel controls had a short circuit and they said we needed a new door but our model was a cool special edition just for EXPO. That door does not exist so we were forced to replace our $7000 "forever" refrig a few years after installation. The new one cost even more and does not have the cool handles that match my kitchen like the original did.

So even upon installation of this new replacement, it has always filled my top shelf and then the next shelf and so on with water from condensation. It looks like the condensation comes from the light but it's above and behind and just drips from the edge of the plastic cover. I am sick to my stomach every time I pull the milk jug off the top shelf and drip water everywhere. So much for buying the Cadillac. Next time it's not GE for damn sure.

The gas cook-top: Aren't these supposed to be brainless? A few years into this appliance's life it set itself on fire! It didn't burn the house down but the appliance was cooked and our house smelled for months. Luckily its guts are encased in a sheet-metal box and the flames were minimal just inside the unit where the wires burned and gas leaked about the pace of a pilot light. But it does not have a pilot and it never leaked before the fire and it was not being used because nobody was home! Nor was anything on top of the stove except a tea kettle. There goes #2.

The Dishwasher: WOW a cool dishwasher with lights inside even! Ran great for a few years. Very quiet. But then we ran it and when the dry cycle comes on (no matter what functions are previous) the dry or even air dry cycle has a horrible eerrr (buzz) kinda like a car horn but half as loud. Called a repair tech and he said these are just junk. Replace it with a new one. Right. It was supposed to be the dishwasher that lasts 20 years. Remember this is MONOGRAM, like Cadillac, not any more. I'm not buying another new piece of ** for $2000 and have it last a few more years again. NO MORE GE.

The Advantium and convection oven: I'm afraid to mention the 120 Advantium oven and convection oven because they still work somehow. Maybe because the oven doesn't get used often. The Advantium gets used daily :-). I purchased GE MONOGRAM thinking I was buying appliances that could outlast me. NOPE!

GE has horrible, rude, ** customer service. I FEEL SORRY FOR THEIR TECHNICIANS.

I have had so many conversations with customer service and the techs that make me want to burn the house down and replace the kitchen with a more deserving brand. Well I won't do that and I will just pass the house on to some sucker who loves it and maybe the home warranty will cover his newly acquired inferior GE MONOGRAM kitchen. Too bad we came home when the cook-top was just flaming in place. A new kitchen full of BOSCH appliances would have been perfect. GE, your appliances are sinking and your employees are bailing water in! Way to go! Buh-Bye!!!

We purchased a GE fridge a few years ago that never really cooled properly. After having a couple of service technicians diagnose the problem, our refrigerator was found to have contaminants in the sealed system that slowly produced small pinholes in the tubing as the contaminants worked their way out from the inside. The technician said that both compressors and all the associated parts would need to be replaced costing approximately $1400. We had already invested approximately $450 in repair and diagnostic fees in an effort to fix the refrigerator. After talking with a GE representative, they offered to discount parts to repair the refrigerator which would still cost approximately $900-$1000.

Since the problem was in the manufacturing process (a sealed system), we felt that this issue was something that GE should have taken the initiative to fix rather than putting the burden on the consumer for a defect in assembly. Unfortunately, this has been our only experience in purchasing a large GE appliance and will be our last as we now have a very large paperweight due to the prohibitive repair cost which would be better served purchasing a new refrigerator.

G.E. Model PSB42YSZASS - Purchased this refrigerator and extended warranty from Home Depot in October 2008. It never worked properly and has leaked in the refrigerator area since we purchased it. Had G.E. service out several times to fix leaking and ice maker issues. They never did. Then we started having issues with the freezer side not keeping up with the 0 Deg. setting. G.E. service called again several times on that problem and the leaking refrig. side as well. Patches were made and we still had issues. Soon after the extended warranty was out the Refrigerator/Freezer sides quit working again.

G.E. service was called. They came out and replaced $1,700.00 worth of parts and labor. They replaced both evaporator assemblies dryer and process valve and we still had leaks and unstable temperature control. It quit working completely today again not even 2 years after that costly repair to us. I think I will put it on the curb for the junk man, take my losses and purchase a different brand. This will be the last G.E. product that I will buy.

We have had a GE Monogram refrigerator for ten years now. It has never worked properly during that entire time. Every part that can possibly be replaced has been replaced two or three times. There has even been oil from the compressor in the freon lines, and this took two technicians a whole day to repair. I would urge you to stay away from brand.

We closed on the house on Dec 13, 2016 and the GE Fridge came with the house. We had issue with water not dispensing from day one. We noticed our builder on day 1 but didn't know we have to call GE to get that issue resolved. I called in an issue for my Fridge on Jan 8, 2017 but the technician can't come out until Jan 16, 2017. The technician came out and diagnosed issue with the filter. He stated that the filter only has 30 days warranty and can't replace it for us. I called into GE Customer Cares and I have to say I must have one of the worst customer services from Victoria and Patricia. Both can't answer my question nor resolve my issue. I wanted to know if I called in on Jan 8, 2017, is my filter under warranty?

Bought a GE Dishwasher in 12/2015 from Mattern's Appliance in Trooper, PA. Model# GDT590SSJ7SS. The dishwasher has not cleaned dishes properly since the day we bought it. Never had a problem with the KitchenAid dishwasher we previously owned in past. We decided to replace all appliances with stainless steel. The GE dishwasher does not rinse properly. Tried every type of detergent, powder, tablets, and liquid. Dishwasher when using powder left the entire inside of the dishwasher coated with a crusty powder. The entire inside was white coated dried on powder to the point that the tracks for the racks would barely move the wheels back and forth on them. I called GE and they came out and hooked up computer to the appliance and stated that the water temp was not hot enough.

GE stated to use boost cycle on dishwasher to boost the temp and use cascade platinum tabs along with Lemi hard water remover. I did this but dishes still come out with a film on them and when you put water in a glass there are all suds in the water unless you hand rinse the glasses and dishes in the sink first. I do not load any pots or bowl on bottom rack, only plates, so that water can flow through in order to rinse well. But still, I am getting a soap spots all over the dishes. GE came out again and said couldn't find anything wrong with dishwasher even after seeing the pictures of dishes filled with soap residue.

GE didn't show anything wrong when hooking up the computer again to dishwasher. He stated maybe to not fill Jet-Dry since soap tablet have Jet-Dry in them. I have now tried everything the tech told me to do and the only improvement I have seen since the first visit is that the film of white power is starting to fade away (but let me state that started to fade away before the GE Tech 2nd visit to my home) but dishes still come out with soap rings on them. I will never buy a GE dishwasher again. Pictures submitted below 2 with soap splatter and 2 showing how after dish came out of dishwasher there was a film on it and I was able to smear it with my finger.

We bought when our last refrigerator quit working. We had paid a lot more for it and it broke just after two years. We replaced the ice maker five times in two years. We've had this refrigerator for three years and everything still works like it did when we bought it. It's a fine refrigerator with plenty of room.

I have been very please with this refrigerator with french doors and the only problem I've had is that the ice maker has had issues and the dispenser stopped dispensing ice and water. I would buy this brand again, but I would choose one without the ice maker in the top and would select an ice maker in the freezer. The ice maker takes up too much room in the top of the refrigerator and water dispensing is not as important as I originally thought. I can do without the extra parts that break.

GE Monogram Freezer - In the 12 years that we have had this freezer it has broke down 11 times. Each time wasting anywhere from $300-$500 worth of food. The service tech that usually comes out to fix it even confirmed that these units break down a lot. The only thing worse than suffering the time and financial loss with owning this inferior product, is dealing with the lack of support and unwillingness of their consumer relations department to provide compensation. This is an inferior product and I advise everyone to not buy GE products.

This GE refrigerator has served me very well for over 10 years. It is a two door side by side unit. The freezer has plenty of space and the refrig side also has plenty of space. The exterior of the doors look brand new and is very contemporary. The only problem I have had is with the drain freezing which is simple to fix. It has been a very good value.

The refrigerator is just ok and has one huge flaw that negates the positives about his product. Ok because it looks nice enough, fits where I needed it to fit, shelves adjust to some reasonable degree, freezer is organized well. What I don't like about the refrigerator however is that the temperature adjustment lever is in the center of the refrigerator in the front and each time I reach in to grab something my arm brushed the temperature adjustment setting and changes it. Before I realized this I had inadvertently turned the refrigerator off or turned it to some undesired temperature. It's a pain in the neck because I have to constantly check the setting each time I go in and out of the refrigerator or if a guest uses it. I would never buy this refrigerator again nor would I recommend anyone buying it.

Appearance is very ordinary and it is difficult to clean outside doors. They streak no matter which cleaner we use. Seems cheaply made compared to other brands. Also, there is little space and difficult to find things in freezer because it is so narrow. Water dispenser is fine but what is quick ice used for. Regular ice works at the same level.

My refrigerator's 11 years old and not up to new standards. The GE refrigerator has two doors -- one for freezer and one for refrigerator. Shelves are clear plastic, better than wires. Food dries out after a few days unless in sealed containers.

This refrigerator has a capacity of over 30 cubic. However it is just average in performance. The ice maker broke within two years of purchase. The warranty repairman took 4 trips before it was replaced. Parts had to be ordered and repairs had to be rescheduled for additional parts. Its stainless steel appearance is nice but it collects hand prints and smudges. This is just an expensive (overpriced) piece of equipment. Not worth the expense and I can find better quality.

Fridge is small. Ice maker overfills due to poor design and results in extra ice on floor or under drawer to pick up. Also, stainless marks and seal tears easily. Overpriced for what you get.

Spent over $1,100 for a French Door refrigerator. Only had it one year and the latch on the right door broke off which required replacing the entire door at a cost of over $600. Then a year later the latch on the left door broke off. Then after 4 years the refrigerator stopped cooling and freezing and had to replace a component on the refrigerator. Will never buy another GE refrigerator.

I have french doors. I can see everything inside very easily, change filter every 6 mos., & I have an internal ice maker which I love except the container underneath is a poor design. Sometimes ice falls out back & I cannot get at the ice that fell.

Refrigerator Model GSL25JFXBLB has run okay except for ice maker. Several years ago I had to change electric motor assembly. Small potatoes compared to what has now happened. A few days ago I found a very small, sharp piece of plastic in my glass of ice water. Because of the plastic type it looked very much like ice. I was lucky to notice it. We thought maybe it was from a chipped glass. Several days later we found another one, and then my wife found several larger pieces in her water. Coincidentally the ice maker stopped pushing out ice. I pulled tray out, dumped the ice in the sink and let it melt. I now have seven pieces of broken plastic ranging in size from 1/8th inch to an inch and 5/8s. All have very sharp edges. Inspection of the tray revealed that about one half of the final auger loop is missing, having shattered.

The missing area appears to be much larger than the plastic pieces I have recovered. Which begs the question, where did the rest of the plastic end up. I consider this to be a very dangerous situation. Replacing the tray on the assurances of GE is out of the question. I am presently making the ice the old fashioned way and will continue to do so until buying a new fridge. I would recommend that others with this model do the same, or at the very least not use the crushed ice option. This is very bad! And goes way beyond a simple breakdown. See pictures of broken auger and plastic shards. I was going to write GE but came across this site and see that they been notified.

We purchased a GE Adora Refrigerator from Home Depot in November of 2016. We have used it less than one month having moved into our home on December 16th, 2016. The refrigerator sweats, leaks and the doors are uneven. We tried to have HD take it back but they will not. Their return policy for appliances is 48 hours from delivery. It does not matter that you did not even plug it in for a month. GE repair came out and the whole freezer door has insulation coming out of it. GE is supposed to be sending a new door. Great. We will have a "new/used" refrigerator. I spoke to GE and they also will not take it back. Literally it is a piece of junk made in Mexico. If you have to buy a new appliance, do not buy GE and shop at Lowe's. Lowe's return for major appliances is 30 days. Big difference.

Purchased about 3 years ago and have had to replace or glue some of the parts on the veggie bins; replace a part in the motor. Worst refrigerator I have ever owned. Will never, ever, purchase another GE refrigerator.

The door on our three-year-old refrigerator (GBSCOHBXfrww) began sagging recently and when the technician came out to remedy the problem, we were informed that there were NO parts available for this shoddy metal pin in a plastic grommet construction that formed the hinge on the door. None. We were informed that we have to buy an ENTIRE NEW DOOR for over $400!! When we called GE to see if they could help us at all, they informed us they couldn't. Nothing they could do. A discount on the replacement door would have been the right thing to do, but, judging from all the complaints and the low cumulative score on this website, they could not care less. I have bought GE appliances my entire adult life but will no longer. Ever.

Compare Refrigerators