Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

1775 GE Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2019

I purchased a GE GTS16DTHJRBB refrigerator/freezer in June of 2016. This was my first major appliance purchase and I financed it for two years. 3 months after my final payment, the refrigerator section has completely stopped cooling. As I have no warranty, I'm expected to pay for a service call and repairs on a unit that was rarely used. Highly irritating as I am not wealthy and this was a major purchase for me, $670. Sadly, I'm currently using an old college fridge to keep my food cold and my refrigerator is basically a big useless box! Horrible quality, horrible workmanship, horrible service! Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Two to three years ago I purchased a GE Cafe 2 door with bottom freezer, counter depth refrigerator. Approximately 1 week after I got it I noticed everything was icing up. The fan in the refrigerator stopped working and it was repaired promptly. One week later the same thing happened and I tried to return the 2 week old, possible lemon, refrigerator but was told that the warranty only covers repairs. This time a new fan, different than the others was installed. The repairman said that he had replaced these fans in every one of this model they had sold, but there was no mention of it before purchase when GE knew this problem existed.

Also, when the refrigerator was first delivered, the guys that brought it tried to level it, which is expected. They tried for a long time but couldn't get it just right, blaming it on the floor tiles. After I retiled, the refrigerator wouldn't level exactly and I learned to live with it. Later on I noticed in the instructions that if the side by side doors won't level properly they SELL "spacers" (that sound like washers), that are placed on the post under the door to correct the problem. For as much as this cost, I expect that problems like these should not exist at all. It would be nice if some refund would be offered, at least the cost of groceries that were lost.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We bought GE appliances for our new kitchen and they were installed in May 2018. At the end of 2018 the GE Cafe refrigerator tripped the arc fault circuit breaker. Had the electrician replace the breaker. The refrigerator has continued to trip the breaker and we lost everything in the fridge. Called GE and we finally got a repairman yesterday (after 2 1/2 weeks).

I explained what happened so he called the GE Tech Line and was told “do not touch the fridge and do not order parts”. I was directed to call GE Consumer Relations and was told by GE that the fridge is working and nothing needs to be done. What? The lady was so rude, she kept saying the fridge is working and no repair needed. I tried to explain as simply as possible that yes, it was working but trips the breaker. Finally talked with a supervisor but no resolution. AND the fridge just tripped the breaker again this morning. Cannot leave the house for more than a day. Wonderful service. Anyone else have these problems?

Original review: March 21, 2019

We moved to this house with already new GE appliances. The fridge is a freezer on the bottom fridge model GFE28HSHFSS. It’s been a disaster from the beginning. Six months after we moved in the freezer accumulated 4 inch thick layers of ice on the bottom to the point we could not close the door. We had about 4 GE repairmen come in and they all had a different explanation and said they had it fixed but the problem has been re-occurring every 3-6 months for the past 2 years. We filed complaints, asked for new replacement from GE fridge but got rejected. Now we are giving up. No trust in this brand ever again!!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I had this refrigerator for the last fifteen years, I am very happy with the performance of it. It is well built and keep my food fresh and it help save energy. This refrigerator is very good for keeping food fresh and your meats fresh.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: March 7, 2019

I bought a GE Refrigerator over 5 months ago. It never has cooled correctly. I have food spoiling on a regular basis. 3 service calls later and still won't replace it. They are dragging this out until it's no longer under warranty. Horrible Customer Service.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I bought a GE refrigerator over 2 weeks ago. I have to buy a counter depth refrigerator, because the doors in my house are at max 28 inches wide. As I initially did not know this I had ordered and returned a too large machine previously. I decided to try to have the GE refrig repaired rather than having another appliance selected and delivered. The employees at the repair number I was given are not interested in having someone discuss the problem and they don't care that you have a problem. They make an appointment -- 10 days later. What if the food spoils, I inquired, will GE reimburse me? She gave me a number to call that was supposedly customer service, but it was just repair service again. I seriously doubt they have any customer service department.

GE did not call to let me know when in the day they would come; I had to call. Then they canceled, because it had snowed during the night, although it stopped by 4 AM and by nine the street here is only wet. Should I be glad that GE seems to care about the safety of its repair people over the obligation to provide repairs? I called the repair service number and did they apologize? NOT ONCE. Nothing I can do, but reschedule your appointment, they tell me at GE and put me down for 3 days later. This service is so bad that I simply cannot imagine that this appliance which worked properly for about a minute will be anything but a nightmare. I'm going back to find something that works.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I purchased a GE refrigerator from Lowe's last June 20th. Unfortunately, I was not notified of its non-operation by my tenant until 7/31 which was past the return window for Lowe's. Today marked probably the 8th, 9th or 10th time a tech has either come out or not showed up for an appointment... Honestly I have lost track! The fridge has has not been functional for use on multiple occasions and the most recent event (called in over two weeks ago) started as a frozen water line and ended with a frozen fridge with temperature below 20 degrees and exploding cans of soda and champagne bottles on the interior! Yet again, the tech has ordered a part and it will not be in for a week!

Jennifer, # **, the supervisor with whom I have spoken the past two times was absolutely the worse consumer advocate one could ever encounter contrary to a few calls (and attempts to help) where offers of restitution were made (a 6 month warranty extension and $40 gift card for having to wait 6 hours for the tech NOT to show up!). Jennifer saw no reason to assist and insisted that we would have simply have to wait for the part and not have a fridge again for an entire week. When I told her I had already purchased another unit (tenant has to have a fridge and NOT a GE of course!) she stated because I purchased a non-GE unit I was not eligible for any restitution AND there was no one else to speak with. She was judge, jury and executioner!

GE's issues as a company are well documented and quite frankly I don't even recall who now owns the appliance division. I urge fellow consumers NOT to purchase any GE products when their own Consumer Advocate department will not advocate for the consumer! Worse experience EVER and I have had the misfortune of similar incidents with various home warranty companies. Exhausted in Laguna Beach.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Purchased a new refrigerator from a Big Box store that was delivered 1/10/19, bottom freezer model w/ two doors on top, no in-door ice maker. Stopped cooling properly 3 weeks after it was delivered. Freezer would not hold a cold temperature, and after about a week everything in the freezer was melted. Called for service, which is covered under their 1-yr warranty. Took several calls to schedule service, and initially they scheduled it with a local service company that has a notoriously bad reputation. I finally called and had them reschedule the service with a reputable outfit in our area.

Service person indicated that the refrigerator was experiencing what are essentially "end of life" failures, and would need to replace all major parts (compressor, condenser, evaporator, etc). And he explained that it would be a major undertaking where he would be using torches to remove and replace the parts; expected to be almost a full day repair. He actually tried calling GE service to see if they would just replace the refrigerator. They would not. The tech attempted to order all of the parts needed, but the parts weren't even loaded into the system. So it will be a minimum of 2 weeks just to get the parts.

In the meantime, the refrigerator stopped cooling all together and won't hold a temperature below 50 deg (F), so we've had to remove all our food and have now been without a refrigerator since about the 2/20/19. We've made numerous calls to GE and spent hours on the phone with them, asking them to simply replace the refrigerator, but they have steadfastly refused and expect us to have it repaired. They offered an additional 1-year warranty, which is nice, but it's still ridiculous. We spent $1400 on a new refrigerator, and we are now without a refrigerator for weeks, and have to basically have our "new" refrigerator completely rebuilt onsite at our house. Unbelievable that a company get away with this. Selling junk to consumers at a premium price. If I wanted something that was junk and needed fixing I would buy a used item off of Craigslist.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Brought the French door fridge GFE24JSKSS model on December 5th 2018, discovered that the food in my fridge was not lasting. Technician came out on February 2, 2019, and noted that it was a cooling issue and ordered a part, another tech put in the part and it still is not working. So far 4 technicians have been out but none have repaired. The diagnostic on February 21, showed temp in fridge At 43 degrees and freezer at minus 19. The temperature on panel is set for fridge to be at 35 and freezer at 0 degrees.

The technician repaired the wires but still not working. Actually it’s worse now, the fridge is even warmer now. I keep a refrigerator temperature gauge in the fridge. Called customer relations several times. They keep telling me that they can’t replace or refund my money because the fridge is repairable but yet they can’t repair it. A 5th technician is coming today. I haven’t even had the fridge for 3 months. I plan on getting a third party involved to get help with this issue. Customers should not be treated like this. I will make sure everyone knows how GE does NOT care or stand by their defective products.

GE Refrigerators Company Information