Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
GE Refrigerators
3.87/5

GE Refrigerators

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

1764 GE Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 30, 2018

We have had two major breakdowns with this product. Electronic board went out in less than a year and now compressor went out. We have not even used it for a year being we have been gone part of the time. Terrible product piece of junk. Called GE and talked to customer relations and they are of no help and didn't admit there is a problem or a recall on it. We do have an extended warranty but GE needs to step up and fix their problems.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Fridge is great, 18.2 ft, wire shelves. The only thing I didnt like the air vents in the freezer are on the bottom cutting off putting items way in the back and the fan in the middle of top shelf, half to put short items in the middle top, and the vents in the fridge are on the bottom shelf in the back, cutting off storage bottom shelves. Other than that it's good.

Original review: April 28, 2018

GE PROFILE STAINLESS SXS fixed on average two times per year. After warranty ran out was paying trip charge and parts. Put on AHS after a couple of those at $75 per service 2x per year. Now keep in mind every time it went out I lost a couple of hundred more in food spoilage. $200-$300 each time. Today I wake up and water all over the floor and everything in it barely cool to the touch. I’m done. Will absolutely NEVER BUY A GE APPLIANCE AGAIN... don’t be fooled by PROFILE, it’s junk.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We have had our french door fridge for 2 years, and it has completely stopped working. The screen is still on, but water won't come out. The fridge and freezer no longer stay cold. We have a 5-year warranty. BUT to get someone to work on the fridge we have to wait a minimum of 2 days and then four hours for them to grace us with their presence. After waiting three days for an available appointment window, the serviceman was 30 minutes late. I guarantee this is due to horrible management on their part!

The call we got yesterday directed us to a completely computer operated system. When I did find a service number with a human, the best she could do was have her manager EMAIL dispatch. My alternative is to wait four more days and an even longer time window. How is this acceptable service! We should at least have the option to work with a third-party (which I was told I couldn't) who might get here more quickly. Is there seriously no better option!? How is this acceptable?

Original review: April 27, 2018

I purchase refrigerator @ P.C. Richards in co-op city 04/2017, In February I notice that the sides on Refrigerator was cracking, I went to 2/24/18 P.C. Richards. They sent tech to the house to evaluate Refrigerator. Tech came 3/2/18 & put Glue/Plaster over the cracks, I didn't like the way it looked, They just put Band-Aid over it! So I called G.E. Frigidaire warranty company, they send out tech 3/22/18 to evaluate Fridge. Tech G.E. removed the work that P.C. Richards did, Tech said he would call in 7 Days. I never received call, I called G.E Warranty 4/27/18.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: April 22, 2018

We’re on our second GE Monogram refrigerator freezer. Big mistake buying the second one at a discount from GE. It’s less than six months old and breaking down already. Our last one broke down 4 times and GE couldn’t ever fix it. I wish we bought a different brand when we had to replace it. Coordinating repairs has been a nightmare. We lost all of our food to spoilage several times.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Cafe Line - Purchased Sept of 2017. I have been struggling with an ice maker that dispenses ice that ends up on my floor and has broken 5 glasses. Three GE techs have been out to fix the problem. All three have told me it is "a manufacturing flaw." Lots (12) of emails later I get an email that says. I will have to wait until the engineers come up with a solution. REALLY, To add insult, the salesman at Famous Tate's suggested I buy a warranty for the refrigerator. The warranty people will not honor the warranty because it is still under manufacture's warranty. I will never buy a GE appliance again.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Technician never shows up and is always running late. Have called to schedule over 3 times for them to repair a washing machine I bought a warranty for and 4 months later they still have not come out. Their call center is very unprofessional and so is their service, I will never order a GE appliance anymore. My honest opinion.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I purchased a new condominium in 2004 which came with a new built in GE Monogram refrigerator with the bottom drawer freezer. I am the only person using the refrigerator so it does not get heavy use and should last. After 10 years the refrigerator stopped working. I had to have the refrigerant, thermostats and fan all replaced for $1700 in 2014. Since then the repair company has had to return 5 more times to replace additional parts. At this point I could have purchased a new refrigerator. In three years I have not gone longer than 8 months without the refrigerator needing an additional repair. My neighbors who also have the GE Monogram refrigerator have experienced the same terrible quality with their refrigerators.

Original review: March 28, 2018

We purchased the a new GE side by side fridge from Homedepot.com with free delivery and we paid extra to have it installed and up and running (Had to buy the water hoses). Delivered on the 16th of January of this year and that’s where the trouble begins... Was told the delivery subcontractors couldn’t install the water to the fridge because it came from underneath the sink not behind the fridge (which was not stated online when we paid to have it installed). My husband was able to install the water line several hours later after the delivery, and as soon as the water came on the fridge started leaking from the water filter, thought it was just a fluke, cleaned it up and ran the water line like we were told, check inside and it was still leaking. Cleaned it up again and took out the filter and put it back in, check later still leaking. Placed a cup under it and called Home Depot, told to call the company who delivered the fridge.

Called delivery company, was told they would talk to the manager and would try to come out the next day to look at it. Two days go by, of dumping the cup of water 3-4 times a day, no call and no one came. Called the company who delivered the fridge to be told because they didn’t install the water line they didn’t feel it was their problem. A phone to explain that they were not going to do anything would have been nice! Called Home Depot back and was told to call GE directly, called the number he provided. Walked me through taking the filter out and putting in back in... Still leaking. I was then told it by GE it was a customer care issue and was transferred to a different department. Was told by the customer care that I would be getting a call back in 72 hours from a local repair company to schedule an appointment, as if I hadn’t waited enough.

Get a call and the technician comes out a week after we get the fridge and replaces the filter, problem fix, or so I thought! Fast forward to this weekend and we get a bill in mail from A&E factory repairs for 191.12 for the repairs on my brand new still under warranty fridge! Called the billing department listed on the bill 5 separate times, keep saying please hold for the next operator but after about 1 min it sends you to a voicemail, so I left a message. Heard nothing all day, called again the next day. Same thing, left another message and then called the other A&E number that was listed in the recording of the billing message and that’s when the crazy started! I get a customer rep with a strong accent, she got all my information and told me the reason I got a bill is because my fridge was no longer under warranty at the time of the repairs. How could that possible because had only had it for a week before the repairs were done!

She was in the middle of explaining my fridge was purchased in 2017 and no longer under warranty when my phone died. So I get my other phone and call the same number back, get another lady with an strong accent, tell her what happened in the first call and gave her my information. She also tells me my fridge was purchased in 2017 and no longer under warranty. I argue because I know when I purchased my new fridge. No offer to help, no trying to work with me, keep saying it said I purchased the fridge last year and it wasn’t covered under warranty so that’s why I was billed. I argued again as to when I purchased the fridge! She told me to contact my warranty provider because my fridge was purchased last year. So I call GE, talk to someone and was told A&E had my serial number wrong in the system, so it showed the wrong purchase date.

Then GE said they update the system but I would need to talk to GE billing to handle the bill, and was transferred. The billing department of GE went over my service called records and said I didn’t have a repair service scheduled, after I explained the whole story. She tried to send out another tech to fix the problem. I had to explain to her, I told her, "No the problem was fixed. I was just trying to figure out why I was billed." She wanted to find out what happened because she didn’t want this to happen to someone else. She said they sent it over to A&E as a warranty call and was unsure as to what happened on their end, told me she

was going to call A&E billing and asks to place me on hold, I told her good luck because I couldn’t get a person from billing. While sitting on hold I go over the bill from A&E again and notice that my serial number for my fridge is listed on the bill, the correct one!

She comes back, I tell her about the bill having the right serial number and she kind of brushes it off and said she talk to someone in A&E billing but I need to wait for a call back from the number I called several times and never got an answer, I might have to wait a couple of days. Why she didn’t just transfer me if she got a person I have no idea. I finally got a call back later that day for the original billing number from the bill that I called first and left messages at. I was told she just handles payments, do I want to make a payment? I told her, "No, I wanted to make sure my billing was fixed," she gave me another number to call, because she only handles taking payments. So I call that number she provides me for the billing department, get a man with a strong accent, who told me this time the filter isn’t covered by the warranty, I should have only been charged for the new filter not the man hours to put the filter in.

I argued, "How is that not covered, it was a brand new fridge and the paperwork from the fridge is telling me it is in the first 30 days for a new fridge it is!" He again just told me it’s not covered and tried to again tell me I purchased it last year, and that I should only be charged for the filter and I need to create a claim number to find out why I was charged the other amount. I again argued, "I know when I purchased my fridge and GE told me it was covered by warranty!" I told him, "I wasn’t waiting 3 days. I wanted this taking care of that day, let me talk to someone else above you." I was told no one was available and that I need to call GE back and go over my warranty with them again. I said, "How can that be," and, "This was getting crazy. All day I was told it’s the other company’s fault and to call them!" I stated again I wanted to speak to a manager or a supervisor. I was told no one is above him that could handle this problem!

I finally had enough of him. Ended my called. So I then called GE back and got the customer complaint line, because this was ridiculous and they are the ones that use A&E for service of their products. I get that number and call it. I again explain the whole story of receiving the fridge, paying to have it installed and not getting it installed, the water leaking, the runaround about getting it fix, getting a bill for a new fridge repair, being told I bought the fridge last year, then being told they had the wrong serial number even though it showed the right one on the bill and told by A&E to call GE and vice versa. She then tried to tell me she would have to investigate issue and could take a week, but the filter isn’t covers under the warranty! Again I told her that isn’t what it said in the paperwork I received with the new fridge. It said 30 day warranty in new filter with new filter replacement if found faulty.

She tried to say that it didn’t cover if the water wasn’t installed properly. I argued how could it have not been installed properly, all the tech did was remove the old filter and put a new one in! He did nothing to the water line and it hasn’t leaked since! She then explain she’s not trying to go against what I say, she’s just letting me know the facts and again said the filter's not covered under the warranty (even though it is stated in writing that it is)! So I gave my information to her and copy of the bill from A&E and end the call because I had other things to do with my day to deal with the worst customer service in history (from both companies)! I will also never buy another GE product or use A&E factory repairs and I am telling everyone one I know to do the same!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I bought my GE side by side Refrigerator 25 years ago. Still going strong. Never had not one problem out of none of my GE appliances Clothes washer, Dryer, Freezer, Smooth top stove. My mother would only buy GE, so do I!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I love GE! Bought fridge, stove and dishwasher in the 1990's and had it for 20 years. Never repaired and always worked great. We did an overhaul on the fridge once ourselves. The fridge and stove like I said never repaired. Dishwasher died years ago. We gave the fridge and stove away because we were tired of looking at it and bought new. We were told that even high end appliances will never last 20 years in today's world. Those days are long gone!

Original review: March 3, 2018

I don’t believe I would ever give GE a cent of my money in the future! So much for my property renovations... Won’t be GE. Apparently the loud “grinding noise” which is new here and the waves in my very expensive stainless steel doors are to be expected. Not what I paid over 10K for!?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Installed GE Cabinet Depth Fridge. Not Cheap. Quiet and works until water or ice maker springs a leak. Valves next to electronics. Water line plastic, bursts 3 times. Blew circuit board. $$ Hundreds later... line burst again. SEE Pictures. Should not have electronics next to electrical or maybe used copper or higher quality water line.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I had to replace the ice maker's bin. It was easier than ordering the parts and paying someone to install them. The auger broke into pieces and I had shards of plastic mixed in with my ice upon dispensing. Noticed upon drinking out of a glass! So, replaced the ice bin. Constant problems with no ice cubes, only crushed ice. Then vice versa. I will never buy another GE product again. The refrigerator was only 5 years old.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I like the GE refrigerators with the double shelves. It is easier to fit different height items and easier to organize. But I haven't found one in my price range yet.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We had problems with the refrigerator from day 1 but I feel even under warranty GE did not stand behind their product and customer satisfaction as they used to. We have lost certainly hundreds of dollars of food between portions of the refrigerator freezing while portions of the freezer are not cold enough. The GE certified repairmen would look at the temp on the door and insist "it must be fine," despite the frozen food (milk, vegetables, etc) in the refrigerator portion. Grew up with GE but I will NOT purchase another refrigerator or appliance from them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Since purchasing the refrigerator we have replaced 3 drawers at different intervals, the spiral rod in the freezer ice tray was replaced 4 months ago, and now the water dispenser does not work. I am very disappointed in this product.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The unit failed countless times and ultimately was a complete loss and company never covers food loss. I would never buy another GE appliance. They darn near rebuilt it and it still failed.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We have been pleased overall with this unit. We needed to purchase a specific size based on the size space we had to work with. Beyond this, we have had little problems with the unit.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Current fridge. Purchased 2 summers ago to replace 1 that unexpectedly dropped dead. Conserving cost part of decision. It has top freezer, large drawers, ample shelves, and good temp control. Great purchase.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had a GE refrigerator and it was the biggest piece of junk. It leaked water from the freezer to the bottom of the fridge. I called the manufacturer and they basically said it was my problem. I will never own a GE product again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We had our first GE 2 door for about 30 years and we replaced it with our current GE with a bottom freezer because we needed a bigger one. The old one is now out in the garage and still going strong.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Our side by side freezer is small. I have a GE top freezer refrigerator that holds just as much as the side by side and, it is small. We looked at the refrigeration side but not much at the freezer. Always check both when you buy to make sure your needs are met.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

GE side by side fridge/Freezer is good but the support and parts availability are poor! They make parts unavailable to try and get you buy a new appliance!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

GE is economical, spacious and good looking. This refrigerator is easy to care for me. It holds your food longer. It is energy saving. It comes in many colors.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Only refrigerator I have used in past 45 years other than Whirlpool and they were good also. Had few repairs. We only had the auto ice/water dispenser in the door. It worked good. The door and refrigerator features have changed over the years. I have never had a refrigerator like that, but the GE and Whirlpool appliances we had always lasted a long time.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Numerous problems. Had to replace door gaskets at cost of $200 plus after three years. At five years the freezer and the refrigerator section lost ability to cool properly. Freezer went to -20 degrees and refrigerator section went to 59 degrees.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

What a disappointment! It has had 3 repairs in 5 years. It freezes things in the refrigerator section. You have to keep adjusting the temperature. The drawers are hard to remove for cleaning and the ice tray jams. It hums and it is not as spacious as the dimensions would indicate. The rubber seal is ripping and the filter is hard to install.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My GE is a side by side, stainless. It has performed very well with regular cleaning and maintenance. For usable space in the future I would pick a top & bottom style.

GE Refrigerators Company Information