Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Refrigerators Reviews

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Had this refrigerator for 5 years now, model number GSE22ETHB WW side by side. Was never pleased with it. Noisy, 2nd time now replacing the freezer evaporator fan motor. I swear I have to defrost it a few times every year 'cause the noise from the fan is so loud from ice build up. When that no longer works, you know it's the motor that needs replaced again. Thought this was suppose to be a self defrosting refrigerator. Piece of junk. GE, you lost my business. Will never buy another appliance from you as long as I live. Customer service is just as poor.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

We were having a fridge delivered to us. The window was between 830-1230. 1230 comes around and we had not received a call. I looked up the status on the website and it said we were the next in line. I received a phone call at 14:34 saying that their truck broke down and we would have to reschedule and the soonest I could do so was 2 weeks out. A family should not be forced to live out of a cooler because a company could not do maintenance on their fleet vehicles. The following day I still have not received a phone call to confirm a reschedule. This is unacceptable and unprofessional.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I purchased a GE refrigerator 3 years ago from Lowes. It was over $2,000 and it lasted 3 years. I had Lowes come out and was told it was the condenser. It still didn't work. The next tech said it was the compressor. Parts are never in stock and it took over three weeks for the first part to come in and then another week to schedule service. Luckily I had the five year warranty and was able to get a refund. Others aren't so fortunate. Two other people I know had the refrigerator die after 2 years. The new refrigerators are junk. I wish I would have kept my old side by side. The techs told me they buy older refrigerators due to the better quality and longevity of service. The companies charge a premium and used inferior parts that are meant to break down so you have to continually replace the appliances.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

In 2004 we redid our kitchen and purchase a GE 42" monogram refrigerator side by side. One week out of warranty the motherboard went out, to a cost of $700 after paying over $6,000.00 for this piece of crap. It worked very well for 6 years after and then all the problems began. The repair man was here every 1-2 weeks, fixing the same issue which was the fan assembly in the freezer kept freezing up and would not run. We finally got rid of it and called GE. I must admit they were very responsive and offered me an amazing deal on a new one. Big mistake on our part. We were told all the problems with the old model were fixed. NOOO they were not.

We purchase the new model September of 2016 and it was working great until about 6 months ago. The same issue started as with our old model. The repair man is here every week now and cannot give me a definitive answer as to why this is happening. He put in a new motherboard and fan assembly which worked for 2 weeks and now here we are again different day same crap. Do not waste your money on any GE product. Do your research and read reviews.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Got this refrigerator a week ago - has not cooled. Everything in the fridge had to be thrown out. I have been in contact with Home Depot where I purchased the appliance.... What a run around. I am told that I cannot get a replacement until 12/2/19 which is not acceptable because I have family and friends coming over for Thanksgiving dinner. Extremely upset and disappointed with GE and Home Depot for their attention to this issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Purchased a GE Profile refrigerator on 3/14/17. The fan that circulates the air quit. I now have a deli drawer that freezes everything. Why does a refrigerator that we paid almost $3000 for breakdown in two years time. Now we have to pay for repair since we didn’t think we would need repairs after 2 years. Is there a recall on these refrigerators? Will never buy another GE.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Purchased 7/10/12 with a 5 year extended warranty which was extended for 2 years for $349. First the freezer fan failed, then later the main upper compartment fan failed from freezing. A firmware upgrade was done after the second failure to keep the upper fan from freezing by changing fan speed and duration. Both times a diagnosis was done, parts were ordered and the repair was not made for weeks. We were forced to purchase a stand-by refrigerator to keep food cold while waiting for the repair. The unit is now out of warranty and has failed again, won't cool top or bottom. To extend the Warranty for just 1 year is now $349! We have bought a new refrigerator, NOT GE!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I purchased a GE profile refrigerator with water & ice feature in the door in 2017. From the start the ice machine was freezing up and we needed a new door. This cost me over time over $500.00. After door was changed freezer stopped working twice - lost everything and water line froze again. GE sent $75.00. What a joke. Finally they replaced machine and new one froze up in 6 weeks. Tech pulled out unit and broke water line without us knowing - Flood in basement next day. Then went to open the fridge. The handle breaks. Tech said 6-8 weeks for new door. No water & ice for the holidays. They just do not care about their products. They said that I can get another one. I do not want another GE product.

Also purchased GE cafe oven. If you lean up against controls it turns off oven while you are cooking on top. GE will not do anything about this issue. A $3,000 stove and it has such a flaw in the design with no help from GE. Asked the tech about this problem. His response was to cook on the side of the stove. Mentioned this to the store where we purchased and they said that there is nothing that they could do. I will never purchase GE products again. I have 2 older refrigerators in my house that are GE with no problems ever. What has happened to GE??

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I bought a refrigerator in April of 2019. And by October the 1st the refrigerator computer board had gone out. I contacted GE. The earliest someone could come was 6 days. I took what they had away. They guaranteed that when the technician came out he would be able to fix the problem the same day that they came out, that did not happen. No way possible when parts came from China. It would be another week for a family of 5 plus a infant. We are a family of 6 with a baby that we have to store breast milk in the refrigerator. The freezer does not work either.

My call to complain to the company after the GE repair guy came out went unheard. He told me he could not fix the refrigerator for another week. Now keep in mind we've been without a for 2 weeks. And no one there gave a crap. I paid a lot for this brand new refrigerator to get such crappy service from these unprofessional non caring people. From this point my family will never ever by another GE appliance ever again. I want everyone to know they are buying a piece of **. Reconsider. Do your homework. Not worth the headaches. Or money I wasted 500.00 on new food to be thrown away. They truly suck. They dont stand by their product. **. I am over this insanity.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Our old monogram fridge stopped working. My husband found someone to repair it. The repair men made money on us without really repaired fridge. So he contact GE service department. So they send someone out and refuse to repair since non GE repair men had done something. So we contact customer service to try to find solution. They got back to us to suggest that they can sell us matching unit. We were very that problem will be resolved quickly.

Our old unit has paneled door. They asked us to take down the panel and once they delivered new one we can put panel back on. But when they delivered fridge, my husband find out it doesn't look matching. The mistake we made was allowing deliver and installation people leave. They know it does not match but it was not their job to say no. We took many pictures and send it to customer service, and we stuck with mismatched set. Also our old panel does not fit into new unit either. They want to sell us the matching unit at discount. But we could not located anyone to just make paneled for both doors at reasonable price.

At the end we bought a stainless set at discounted price and discarded the one we just bought so we don't need the panel. But after our payment, it took free weeks to be schedule for delivery. First time, one of unit was dented. We sent it back. Second time two paneled units were delivered. We sent them back. Third time one unit was stainless and one is paneled. Fourth time two stainless units were delivered but were doors on the wrong side. Last time I request customer service to inspect the unit before they were shipped out.

Now few months later our ice maker is not working. Scheduled service three times. First time my husband got home late, tech was gone. Second time, tech never showed. My appointment was from 8-12. I called at 1pm and they said it won't be accurate. I keep checking tracker. It was moving from morning to afternoon until 7pm stopped. So I rescheduled for the following week. The third appointment I was keeping eyes on the tracker. It was again changing from morning to afternoon. When I called around 2pm. She told me the tech probably will be here in one hour. After he still no show, I called customer service again. He got info back that the tech didn't see my appointment in his system. He was done for the day. Now I am scheduled for the fourth time. The waiting game start again.

GE Refrigerators Company Information