Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Refrigerators

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Refrigerator does its basic job very well, no repairs in few years I have owned it, however the cold water dispenser does not dispense nearly enough cold water - it should have a reservoir to hold cold water, not just tubing coiled up inside the fridge - I do have this plugged into an RCA surge protector made for refrigerators however, as I have been told the modern circuitry in today's fridges tends to get fried from small surges in our electrical supply.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

We bought a GE Profile refrigerator and were scared of any refrigerator because most had a bad name, and particularly we had heard negatives of GE. HOWEVER, several months in (less than 6 months to be exact) the fridge is holding up and keeping things cool, making ice and water appropriately which is why SO FAR I would recommend GE refrigerator. We have model GFE28GYNBFS which is not super flashy but is sleek looking and does the functions we need! Also large capacity but not crazy where we can’t reach the back.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I've owned the GE Bottom side by side freezer for one year. It's quiet, maintains the set temperature, and I can control how often the ice maker cycles. The three shelves including one split shelf allows me to view most items at a glance. I especially like that I can use either two vegetable drawers or use one for vegetables and one for fruit. Included is a narrow meat, cheese drawer, too. The side doors are roomy for condiments, butter, salad dressings, etc. Although I can store soda cans on the bottom door shelf, I sometimes can't view, and tend to forget about the sodas because the shelf sits slightly behind the other door shelving. The bottom freezer is divided into two large bins, an ice maker tray, and a pull out top shelf. I find it very roomy. My only concern is that the stainless exterior easily shows fingerprints and needs to be wiped down frequently. However, I'm basically pleased with the refrigerator in general.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

My coverage I had at the time I had a refrigerator when I had a home and my insurance through Farmer’s Insurance at that time covered my parts and labor on my refrigerator 100%. Did not cost me that much more to have it covered through my Insurance which covered me on my liability Insurance on my truck at the time too and did not have to pay much more to have personal property insurance coverage on my refrigerator too. Just a few dollars more every month with my liability insurance every month too. That’s what I did every month too when I renewed my liability insurance coverage on my truck every month too and right now I don’t need to have until I buy another home too which I am preparing to do again as soon as I am able to find again too.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

It is a good side by side freezer & refrigerator. The freezer is smaller than we would like and the worse part is the noisy icemaker. It is not new maybe 6 years old. The freezer does what it is suppose to do and keep things frozen the refrigerator half has nice separate vegetable bin and meat/cheese bin. The convenience of the milk on the door and other bottles on the door shelves is convenient and gives more shelf storage in the refrig part.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I was thrilled to find a refrigerator Made in the USA. Unfortunately, Made in the USA does not necessarily mean "quality product" as in the old days. Refrigerator was installed Dec., 2016. At the advice of the appliance shop owner, bought the extended warranty as he said there may be problems with the computer parts. In Nov., 2019, the drain hose plugged and that was covered under the original warranty. In Oct., 2020, it happened again. This was NOT covered and cost over $90 to repair. Claimed "it was not part of the refrigerator".

Now, it has happened a THIRD time and was told by the extended warranty people that it is not covered because it is not a mechanical problem. Said extended warranty does not extend the original warranty!! Am I to expect this to happen every year? I would like to also mention that there was a time where the front panel died; no lights and no water. A new door was ordered but oddly, the panel turned back on before the new door was installed and has not been a problem since. As far as I am concerned, I received a lemon and GE should replace. So upset and disappointed after paying over $2,000 (on sale).

Original review: May 5, 2021

The refrigerator section should be maintained at a temperature below 40 degrees F and and above 32 degrees, ideally at 37 degrees. Bacterial growth occurs at temperatures of 40 or above. The maximum temperature of the freezer section should be 0 degrees F because only at this temperature or below can foods be kept fresh indefinitely. Above this, they can only be kept fresh for 3 months. This fridge has one control for both compartments. Only when dialed to the coldest possible setting can I keep the freezer at or below 0, but at this setting, the temperature of the refrigerator compartment freezes food. At the next less cold setting, the freezer is at +10 degrees after between closed for 10 hours overnight.

A first GE tech adjusted the baffle between freezer and fridge and said he hoped this would work and to call again if not. The 2nd GE tech, unlike the first, did not even look at GE’s page for technicians to specify how to handle such problems, simply said there was nothing he could do, that the temperatures “met specs.” What are specs? Technician said a 37 degree difference between freezer and fridge compartments. Note that even if it met these specs, the freezer would be at 0 if the door were never opened and the fridge compartment at 37 if the door were never opened, BARELY within FDA recommendations and SHOULD be at these temperatures when the control is at the midpoint.

The specs themselves are terrible. The difference should be 45 degrees to give some leeway when doors are opened, but it does not even meet these specs reliably, indeed varies widely over the day and night. I bought this piece of junk very recently, but am seriously thinking of giving it away and getting an LG with separate temperature controls for freezer and fridge. I do not recommend any GE model that has a single temperature control for freezer and fridge. I feel that $1500 is down the drain. — Also, Abt sent me an email to review this product. After I had given it 1 star and before I could write my review, the web page suddenly disappeared!

Original review: April 12, 2021

This built-in refrigerator was installed in my home around 2003. I acquired it in 2018 when I purchased the home. Mold grows, continuously, and water pools in the bottom since day one. Given the amount of rust in the refrigerator, I suspect it has operated like this for its entire life. I have had numerous repair people out to attempt to rectify the situation but nothing has helped. You adjust one area, temperature, and then it creates another, water in the bottom, overflowing condensation pan. I hope the mold is not killing us. Please be wary of GE products because I have researched this problem and there is a design flaw in a fan that continuously runs keeping moisture in the refrigerator. I wish we could get a class action together because it is not right to continue to sell defective appliances. I will never buy another GE appliance.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I've never met so many arrogant people in a profession before. Every single Monogram repairman that came by were incompetent, contradictory and defiant. I asked all three of them to take their shoes off or wear a cover and every single one of them said no. One of them even said wearing shoe cover can make you slip and cause death. Give me a break. You repair fridges for a living not fight terrorists. Different diagnoses every time, GE trying their best to nickel and dime you, schedule change on the whim and many more. No wonder GE sold their appliance division to Haier. It's probably for the best. I will never buy GE products again. Will buy puts on GE though.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

The refrigerator is very spacious and good quality of materials. All the shelves are really fancy and good quality. Also is a very low power consuming comparing other brands that I used before. Outside is really fancy. The only thing that I don't recommend is the ice maker machine because is really noisy.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Worst refrigerator ever!! It is built in and came with the house. It was new when we moved in. Within first week, the water dispenser in side by side freezer door started shooting water and ice all over. When I called GE service, I was told to leave freezer door open until repair tech comes out in 5 days. Of course food spoiled and GE did not reimburse. It continued to be defective: was not cold enough, freezer melted food, it leaked from behind and caused mold on the wall and floor of room next door to kitchen, drawers and shelves broke, it made the annoying loud noise that sounded like a machine gun, ice maker stopped making ice and needed to be replaced several times and GE never reimbursed any food loss. Their customer service does not exist!!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Pretty good refrigerator for the money. Works just as well as you would expect. Storage drawers are kind of cheaply made and no light in the freezer when opened but keeps everything nice and cold and, for me, that is all that matters.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Feature rich, the GE refrigerator is a reliable appliance. Provides varied controls over storage chambers and freezer. Its ice make is quite efficient. Easy to operate and provides good ice choices (crushed or cubed).

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I purchased a counter depth refrigerator online with Home depot. It was expensive but I love the way it fits in the kitchen. It only extends out to just after the counter but has a lot of room in it. It also has a water and ice filtration system which is the best feature.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

This French door fridge with bottom freezer is a dream. Shelves are robust and easily adjusted, and one tilt shelf allows more space with a simple sliding motion. Freezer is deep and spacious with a drawer on the top for easy access and organization. Drawers in the fridge keep veggies and fruits fresh for long periods and the interior is very well lit. Both doors open singly for ease of use and the stainless steel finish resists smudges and cleans very easily.

GE Refrigerators Company Information