Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

1773 GE Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

I owned the 2009 model and it was a nightmare from the beginning. Dampers in the quick chill system would strip every single year. I believe due to poor design of the auto defrost where moisture would collect on the door and freeze it in the closed position. When the damper would then try and open, it would strip the internal gear. After 8 years of use, the sealed system developed a leak and GE was unable to isolate the problem after 3 visits and 4 months. GE then determined it could not be repaired because the issue was in a part of the sealed system which was inaccessible. No problem, I thought, the unit has a 12 year warranty on the sealed system and GE would surely make it right. GE WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT!! I was told they would not replace the unit even though it was under warranty! GE is a substandard product and a company that obviously doesn't believe in or stand behind their products.

Original review: May 16, 2019

DO NOT purchase a GE appliance. I purchased a GE PYE22PSHISS refrigerator and it is constantly in need of service. The parts are expensive and the service department is of no help. The warranty is poor and expires quickly. The only help they offer is… "Here we will discount a new appliance." Well I paid 3k plus for this one and I want you to fix it. NOPE.... DO NOT PURCHASE GE APPLIANCES. Trust the reviews... They know the issues and don't care.

Original review: May 15, 2019

This review is about the GE Refrigerator model: gpe12fgkbww First off, it's Made in China. It makes all kind of noises (this is NOT a joke): 1. Jungle resemblance: sounds of Elephants, lions, wolfs, frogs, etc; 2. Vomiting: For a while I was thinking my neighbor was throwing his guts up badly till I realized it was the sound from the refrigerator. 3. When the door of the freezer gets open there's a scary roaring sound. The refrigerator was brand new out of the box, and was replaced 3 times, but still the same except the roaring sound from the freezer is gone. "Phew!"

Original review: May 8, 2019

Bought GE Adora refrigerator about 5 years ago. Definitely not built to last. Several broken side compartments, cracked pieces, followed by broken icubed ice button, then broken crushed ice button, now freezer compartment will not get cold. Also alot problems with ice maker clogging. (Also Adora dishwasher which is crap—pieces falling off inside, handle coming off and cannot replace....)

Original review: April 23, 2019

Brand new (4 month old) GE Monogram built in Refrigerator——3 service calls in 3 months for exact same issue, NO REFRIGERATION, now they are ordering parts. Since the day the refrigerator has been installed, the refrigeration does not work (freezer is ok). We have lost over $1,000 in food, and they still not have resolved the issue. Now they are ordering parts, that will take 10 days, so still no refrigerator. They REFUSE to replace the Lemon Appliance, and insist their warranty is only for service. So, the consumer sits here for 4 months with NO refrigeration.

This refrigerator cost near $8,000... This is their solution? Keep trying to fix it? While the consumer waits and has no appliance. We simply cannot recommend a GE appliance of any kind.... buyer BEWARE.... GE is not standing behind their products, this refrigerator should be replaced or total price refunded by GE to the consumer, which they refuse to do. A $1,800 refrigerator would have been a much better solution.. Sad that the GE reputation is not living up to its prior reputation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: April 20, 2019

I bought a G.E. side-by-side refrigerator in 2015. The product has been great. I went to install a new G.E. water filter today and it wouldn't screw in, although the old non-G.E. compatible filter would unscrew and screw back in just fine. I called G.E. Parts Dept. and they wouldn't help me with their G.E. part because I couldn't prove I bought it from G.E. I don't remember where I bought it about 9 months ago, but I made sure it was a valid G.E. part - not a compatible. G.E. should stand behind their parts regardless of where you buy them.

Original review: April 20, 2019

We purchased our GE Profile fridge in 2012 and have had to have it repaired 4 times in seven years. The circuit board for the ice machine, the ice machine components as well as numerous other circuit boards were replaced in the troubleshooting of the first couple repairs. We've had fairly consistent issues with temperature control over the last three years with a complete break down of the circuit board that controls the cooling & freezing (woke up to a massive puddle of water on the floor from the melted freezer, ice machine and warm fridge) two months ago and then again today. So massively frustrated at what a lemon this fridge is. We're in the market for a new one now from a different company as we can't seem to even trust the new components that have been installed.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I purchased a GE Profile side by side back in 2008 at a cost >$3000.00 from local Sears. After 15 months of ownership we had problems with cooling and the tech replace the fan. Several years later we had water collecting on the bottom of the unit and ice build up on the back. The tech replaced the defrost unit and several sensors on the unit. Several years later the system had the same problem with icing and water on bottom, the tech replaced defroster, tray on bottom of unit and blew out defrost line.

One year later system stopped cooling and the tech after several weeks wait replaced the coil, recharged the coolant as well as the Control panel board on front of unit. Here we are 13 months after repair and the control panel is failing (locks up and need to unplug unit to get it to work). All I can say is thank God we had extended service plan. I would stay away from any GE product since they no longer represent a high quality and dependability. I have a Hotpoint refrigerator that is over 30 years old and have never had a problem. I wonder if shifting production outside USA resulted in such a decay in quality standards. M. **

Original review: March 26, 2019

I purchased a GE GTS16DTHJRBB refrigerator/freezer in June of 2016. This was my first major appliance purchase and I financed it for two years. 3 months after my final payment, the refrigerator section has completely stopped cooling. As I have no warranty, I'm expected to pay for a service call and repairs on a unit that was rarely used. Highly irritating as I am not wealthy and this was a major purchase for me, $670. Sadly, I'm currently using an old college fridge to keep my food cold and my refrigerator is basically a big useless box! Horrible quality, horrible workmanship, horrible service! Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Two to three years ago I purchased a GE Cafe 2 door with bottom freezer, counter depth refrigerator. Approximately 1 week after I got it I noticed everything was icing up. The fan in the refrigerator stopped working and it was repaired promptly. One week later the same thing happened and I tried to return the 2 week old, possible lemon, refrigerator but was told that the warranty only covers repairs. This time a new fan, different than the others was installed. The repairman said that he had replaced these fans in every one of this model they had sold, but there was no mention of it before purchase when GE knew this problem existed.

Also, when the refrigerator was first delivered, the guys that brought it tried to level it, which is expected. They tried for a long time but couldn't get it just right, blaming it on the floor tiles. After I retiled, the refrigerator wouldn't level exactly and I learned to live with it. Later on I noticed in the instructions that if the side by side doors won't level properly they SELL "spacers" (that sound like washers), that are placed on the post under the door to correct the problem. For as much as this cost, I expect that problems like these should not exist at all. It would be nice if some refund would be offered, at least the cost of groceries that were lost.

GE Refrigerators Company Information