Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Refrigerators Reviews

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

The Cafe Model that we purchased 7 months ago has had 5 Service calls already. I could tell from the beginning, after 3 weeks, something was not right about the cooling section, because I was throwing away food way too fast. The ice maker would not work properly, and ice started forming in the Freezer section. There was dripping that came out of nowhere one day, behind the fridge. Thankfully, we had put a water leak detection alarm (found on Amazon) behind the fridge, that alerted us immediately.

**The back story to us buying a new fridge was to replace a fridge that leaked from the ice maker hose for 7 weeks unbeknownst to us, and did 30k worth of damage to the kitchen. So you know, a water leaking behind a new fridge was not a good thing. 5 service calls later, the fridge is still dropping cooling temps on and off through the day.

I spent several hours trying to discuss replacement with the GE Warranty dept., only to be told it was up to the repairman and engineering. One of the service calls were not even called into the engineering dept.. I still have a $3K box in my kitchen that works intermittently and makes a loud buzzing sound. I have not even been able to use the Keurig coffee maker, because I am afraid it will make things worse for the cooking temps. JC Penney sold us this disaster..

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My GE refrigerator is almost 30 years old. It's not a frost-free refrigerator, but frost build-up has not been a big problem. I usually defrost it twice a year. I have had no problems with it over the years, other than the light bulb burning out. I would certainly buy a GE refrigerator again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

GE is okay for 13 years. It was too costly at the beginning, but so far, it works, and there were no problems. The ice maker is less than good. Sometime it works and other, it doesn't work. It's a side by side refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have had this bottom freezer cabinet depth GE for 4 yrs w/ no problems. Wish the filters last longer and were not so expensive. With conscious organization, it holds lots of food. Only other fridge I like is KitchenAid.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have the GE Monogram refrigerator. It has the french doors and freezer drawer. The shelves are so narrow you cannot put a Pizza box in there. Hard to get the water because of where it is placed. You have to open both doors to angle yourself with a glass for water from the door on the inside.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

The ice maker froze within the first three month. They sent a service technician who had to order parts. It took another week. That turned out not to be the correct part. So I was without my fridge for a month and GE wouldn’t extend the warranty. I will never buy another GE product.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I was very happy when purchased. It was large and the compartments were great for what I needed. But as time went on the refrigerator began to have build up water in it and I could never figure out where it was coming from. Now my food does not get too cold.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Right after the warranty ran out on my GE Signature Refrigerator, it required a +$500 repair. It does not take kindly to changes in humidity, the spout where ice comes down from ice maker continually freezes causing it to jam.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Bought the GE slate color stainless steel side by side. Love the color! Old fridge didn’t have an ice maker. Now I have one as well as water dispenser in the door. No fingerprinting is a great feature.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

This fridge looked great at first. I am limited because of the size of my kitchen. Now, two years later, the chrome is rusting. The cooling is uneven and it is extremely noisy. I will never buy a GE appliance again!

GE Refrigerators Company Information