Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Refrigerators

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Refrigerator does its basic job very well, no repairs in few years I have owned it, however the cold water dispenser does not dispense nearly enough cold water - it should have a reservoir to hold cold water, not just tubing coiled up inside the fridge - I do have this plugged into an RCA surge protector made for refrigerators however, as I have been told the modern circuitry in today's fridges tends to get fried from small surges in our electrical supply.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

We bought a GE Profile refrigerator and were scared of any refrigerator because most had a bad name, and particularly we had heard negatives of GE. HOWEVER, several months in (less than 6 months to be exact) the fridge is holding up and keeping things cool, making ice and water appropriately which is why SO FAR I would recommend GE refrigerator. We have model GFE28GYNBFS which is not super flashy but is sleek looking and does the functions we need! Also large capacity but not crazy where we can’t reach the back.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

The refrigerator is very spacious and good quality of materials. All the shelves are really fancy and good quality. Also is a very low power consuming comparing other brands that I used before. Outside is really fancy. The only thing that I don't recommend is the ice maker machine because is really noisy.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Worst refrigerator ever!! It is built in and came with the house. It was new when we moved in. Within first week, the water dispenser in side by side freezer door started shooting water and ice all over. When I called GE service, I was told to leave freezer door open until repair tech comes out in 5 days. Of course food spoiled and GE did not reimburse. It continued to be defective: was not cold enough, freezer melted food, it leaked from behind and caused mold on the wall and floor of room next door to kitchen, drawers and shelves broke, it made the annoying loud noise that sounded like a machine gun, ice maker stopped making ice and needed to be replaced several times and GE never reimbursed any food loss. Their customer service does not exist!!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Pretty good refrigerator for the money. Works just as well as you would expect. Storage drawers are kind of cheaply made and no light in the freezer when opened but keeps everything nice and cold and, for me, that is all that matters.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Feature rich, the GE refrigerator is a reliable appliance. Provides varied controls over storage chambers and freezer. Its ice make is quite efficient. Easy to operate and provides good ice choices (crushed or cubed).

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

It is a good side by side freezer & refrigerator. The freezer is smaller than we would like and the worse part is the noisy icemaker. It is not new maybe 6 years old. The freezer does what it is suppose to do and keep things frozen the refrigerator half has nice separate vegetable bin and meat/cheese bin. The convenience of the milk on the door and other bottles on the door shelves is convenient and gives more shelf storage in the refrig part.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I purchased a counter depth refrigerator online with Home depot. It was expensive but I love the way it fits in the kitchen. It only extends out to just after the counter but has a lot of room in it. It also has a water and ice filtration system which is the best feature.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

This French door fridge with bottom freezer is a dream. Shelves are robust and easily adjusted, and one tilt shelf allows more space with a simple sliding motion. Freezer is deep and spacious with a drawer on the top for easy access and organization. Drawers in the fridge keep veggies and fruits fresh for long periods and the interior is very well lit. Both doors open singly for ease of use and the stainless steel finish resists smudges and cleans very easily.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Love the features of this refrigerator but the noise level when it runs is rather loud, when compared to a cheaper version of a much inferior company. Additionally, water filter totally stopped water flow after less than 6 months of use yet my earlier fridge was used 5 years and never needed the water filter replaced. GE is on a timed basis. No debris in it????

GE Refrigerators Company Information