Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Microwave Ovens Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I am rating my over the counter GE microwave model no. JVM3160RFSS. I've had it for over 2 years and it's still performing well. Pros: Solid feel, sturdy door mechanism, easy to clean interior, attractive design, fairly quiet, adequate lighting inside, reasonable price, fan works okay for moderate smoke, short reheating times for lighter fare, cooks frozen foods quickly. The integrity of the interior is good with no chipping or cracking. Cons: Fan is inadequate for heavy smoke if searing beef, hot and cold spots while reheating heavier foods such as mashed potatoes or casseroles, controls are hard to see in dim or moderate light. A suggestion to GE would be to make microwaves with optional backlit buttons to see at nighttime or in dim lighting. I like that GE manufactures most of their microwaves in the United States.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Microwave (over the stove model) is also supposed to be conventional oven, but does not do that well. Just use as microwave. As microwave, easy to use. Now 14 years old and still going strong, although a little dated in appearance. Grill cover looks like chrome, but made of plastic, and when I tried to remove it recently to change the filter, it broke and now has to be replaced. $180, but still cheaper than a new appliance. Wish we could get away from using plastic parts.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I like the look of the oven but it took 3 shots to get it right. I had some bad luck with 2 out of 3. It seems the first 2 were damaged. I know many people would have given up but I owned one before this one and the only reason I gave it up was remodeling. The oven worked fine after 5 years. I guess I gambled on past performance and it still paid off. But I am really not sure about the door sometimes because it is a big door and it can seem tinnee and cheap at times. The overall performance is good and the looks are what I was looking for.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I moved into our house about 27 years ago, and have had to replace every single appliance except the microwave. The oven, fridge, washer, dryer, dishwasher—all replaced at least one time over. But this 90s GE microwave keeps humming along. I really should replace it just because it is this awful off-white color and everything else in our kitchen is part of a beautiful stainless steel/black/white scheme, but it is actually built right into a cabinet and I fear I will not be able to get another microwave in there. The only gripe I have about its performance is the fan comes on and roars full-blast anytime the stove or oven is on. It is so loud it's difficult to talk over.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I like microwaves to a point. If my wife puts my dinner the refrigerator and I take it out and put it into the microwave if the dinner has let’s say pork chops, mashed potatoes, peas everything gets cooked except the mashed potatoes. They’re always cold and sometimes the peas will pop. There’s never a good medium for all foods at once and if you have any bread or biscuits you have to take it out after 15 seconds. The same goes with turkey cranberry stuffing and other things that go on the plate at Thanksgiving. Some stuff gets very hot. Some stuff stays cold.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Our builder installed our GE microwave Model: JVM7195SF1SS as part of our kitchen appliances. It worked fine for about 3 1/2 years. Then it stopped heating. It turns on and appears to work, but after inserting a cup of cold water and running it on high 10 minutes, we remove cold water. I looked into this and found that the magnetron (spelling?) tends to fail. Apparently, it's a known issue, based on the reviews. GE won't allow consumers to replace this and doesn't provide replacement parts. Getting it professionally repaired will cost more than the microwave is worth. GE sent me a certificate for $150 to replace it, but it will cost at least twice that to purchase a new unit and get it installed. Plus, we have to buy another GE. I don't want to end up in the same situation. So we didn't use the certificate.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I've always enjoyed GE products for a number of reasons. They are dependable and with care will last many, many years. My refrigerator lasted just over 20 years! My microwave is easy to clean and has never let me down over the years I've had it. GE products just last longer than other brands.

Original review: July 23, 2019

The brand performs wonderful. We enjoying. Also, has great features for cost. We have done several items in it and all come out great. Have not had any issues at all. I would recommend this brand and model. I would purchase similar item again.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I am very pleased with its functionality, its power and its appearance. I got it on sale so the price was good as well. I have had GE microwaves in the past and found them to be reliable appliances. I will most likely purchase another when the time comes to replace this one.

Original review: July 21, 2019

This GE Model JNM1541 is a 1500 watt, under counter microwave with quite a few features. It has plenty of cooking power and has not failed in its nearly 5 years of use. I have never used the included metal shelf.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GE has more than 100 years in the industry and provides a wide range of home appliances. The company believes in innovation and elegant design that transform a home into a modern, sleek and efficient place to live.

• Full selection: GE provides the full range of countertop, over the range and built-in microwaves.

• Multi-lingual capacity: Some GE microwaves are equipped with multilingual control panels and display both Spanish and English.

• Removable oven rack: Many models include a removable oven rack to lift the food off the bottom of the microwave to allow for more even heating.

• Many control features: Quick-function buttons are featured on several GE models including "Add 30 Seconds," "Child Lock," and "Auto Defrost."

• Combination ovens: GE manufactures a top-range line of combination microwave and full-sized convection ovens. They feature self-cleaning and glass touch controls.

• Special offers: There are several ways to save money on your GE purchase including claiming rebates and choosing on-sale items through the website. You can also win money back by writing a review of your appliance.

• Best for: Small and medium-sized commercial kitchens, small families and large families. Anyone creating meals for multiple people would enjoy this range.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs