GE Microwave Ovens

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Microwave Ovens

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Microwave Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Microwave Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I bought all new kitchen appliances 4 years ago and went with GE Profile and like them...made a good choice with buying GE. GE does have different levels of quality... Buy the good stuff.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Our microwave came with the house so we didn't choose it. I've had a bit of trouble with the rotating mechanism making knocking noises a few times which I've been able to finesse by exploring troubleshooting online. Other than that it's been dependable for 4 years.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Great Microwave. We bought this with our GE stove about 11 years ago as the set. We love our stove and refrigerator and have always had good luck with GE. It has many settings we use, easy to use and clean. We will definitely replace in the future with other GE.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

It almost started on fire because it has a metal shelf inside that apparently you are suppose to take out when using it. Who knew. The company did send replacement parts but different color. It was brand new, but doesn't look like it anymore, but still using it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I have a GE microwave unit, combined with a stove. After 25 years it still works like a charm. Talk about durability. It's not very powerful but it does the job every time. Of course I don't use it for cooking, only for heating liquids and defrosting.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I find the push electronic pad not intuitive in the processes. If you want to change the clock time it's not simple and direct. One needs to press out correct time by pressing clock then press start. It warms well but cooking makes a mess.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

We bought a new GE microwave oven in 2007. It failed in 2018 after much, much use. We replaced it with a Whirlpool which failed in one week. Lowe’s let us return it and we bought another GE like our original and we are very happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

It’s good ....but feels like it heats fast or doesn’t sometimes. Also the defrost feature seems weak compared with other products .... GE is a good company in general so would recommend only if they did some new enhancements.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I recently replaced a Maytag Micro hood microwave with a GE JVM3160DF5CC. First off I am amazed at the price because I sold items like this in the 70's for so much more money back when microwave ovens were very new to consumers. The unit is quite large in inside capacity. Quiet and heats up very evenly. I was also happy I could replace the unit in Bisque as our other kitchen appliances are that color.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

The microwave has auto minutes from one to five minutes. It’s easy to clean. Mine is the under the counter and over the stovetop. It has a clock and two levels of vent. You can’t go wrong with the microwave and the price is great.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

It works well. We like this newer GE Profile with many preset buttons such as for different times and food types, and defrost. The last GE Profile MW we got had a knob that got loose right away and hard to use, like a dial-up AOL, so this upgraded model is much more convenient. I like the bigger plate size, and that the turntable can be turned off if we put a rectangular casserole dish in there.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

It warns up food quickly. Hotter than I would think. I find it easy to clean. Overall am happy with my choice. Buttons are easy to use. Turntable is quite easy to clean, spillage seems to slide off. Beeping sound is not loud.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Always reliable; good history of making correct displays and actions for the microwave use. Efficient operation. Never a miss as regards the time and amount of power to cook food. Always reliable; good history of making correct displays and actions for the microwave use. Efficient operation. Never a miss as regards the time and amount of power to cook food.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

This is an in-the-wall model - easy to use and I've used GE Microwaves from when I was in college and it always does the job and does it very well. They are workhorses and are very reliable. I highly recommend this product.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

My GE microwave is just small enough to not crowd my counter and just large enough to hold my big plates and casseroles. I love the smart sensor that seems to know how long to cook potatoes, brew a beverage, etc. no matter the size. I also love how you can use the timer and the timed cook setting at the same time and one doesn't cancel out the other.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Wonderful! I have the Advantium, it is an extra oven, a microwave and a speed cooker. It holds an entire lasagna pan and is able to turn, it proofs bread, melts butter, reheats food to perfection and is very powerful.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

10 years old and works perfectly. Smooth and easy to clean. Cooks evenly and quickly. Has a light underneath with two settings, and a fan. Rotating plate can be easily and quickly removed for cleaning, and is thick strong glass with pebble non-slip surface. I would buy the same thing again and have no negatives to report.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

GE Advantium is awesome & have used them for over 30 years. Has many features including warming for proofing bread or keeping foods warm, also defrosts, and had convection. Probably the best appliance that GE makes.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

GE is the only manufacturer who still makes an under cabinet size microwave and therefore I use this product. I renovated my kitchen 14 years ago and on my second microwave. It is small, but does do its job, but when I work with a larger microwave I realize how different it is due to its size and less powerful.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

It’s a average rating item..warm light really sucks...The vent always start and no control on when we need to start increasing the noise...Controls need little improvement to more common items standard minutes.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

While the microwave works fine, as far as microwaves go; it does heat unevenly but eventually gets the job done, the interior is cracked and shows signs of rust and deterioration. I don't remember ever seeing this on in previously owned microwaves. I would only use it for basic heating and reheating.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

When you use the vent fan it is very loud even in the low position. I would also like to see a brighter bulb under the microwave. I don't have much more to say except that the oven functions well otherwise.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I replaced my old microwave when the interior started to peel with a GE Aurora model in slate gray. It has an enamel interior so this one won’t peel and a clean function as well as other operational features.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

My Microwave oven is 22 years old. It still works fine, but does not have power levels on it. The reheat is vague and I have to keep checking so things don't burn or dry up. The dishes get very hot after about only three minutes. Other than that, it is easy to clean and still looks good.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The GE microwave we use is almost 17 years old and has never needed any repairs. It is everything you could want from a microwave.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Our new GE monogram stopped working after few weeks. Technician came in after 15 days and said he will have to come back again. Ordered new parts, it's been 3 months. Replacement that GE promised has not come. Every time I hear a different story. Until last week I was told delivery truck is in transit and today they mentioned that they do not have inventory. I am very confused and no resolution so far.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The GE microwave that was installed in our new home (2018) stopped working in June 2020, after the nuclear reactor “blew up”. Which could have been a dangerous situation. I was told by Assurant Insurance Company that it was no longer covered by the 1 year insurance policy, and if I purchased a new policy for $241.00, they would repair it or replace it. After they discovered it was not repairable, they denied the ”replace it” part and reimbursed the money for the policy.

GE agreed to sell me a new microwave at a discounted price, which I agreed to. The replacement microwave was delivered damaged, in October 2020. After many calls and waiting hours on hold, service came out and said it was “not repairable“. Again, phone calls to GE Customer Relations and reexplaining the problem, I was told they did not have a microwave in stock to replace it. However, after further searching, one was found, and would be delivered.

On 10/23/20, I received a phone call from the freight company that the microwave was being delivered the following day, but they had the wrong address! it was a previous address. Where that address came from is a mystery as we never had GE appliances delivered to that address. The freight company was not authorized to change the address in the system, so another call to GE. I am still waiting for a new microwave! I can’t even begin to count the number of times I have called GE, waited on hold or call-back, waited for service, and been told I have the wrong case number. I have all new GE Profile appliances, all have had service for problems. I will NEVER buy another GE appliance. Their service department and Customer Relations department is disorganized and incompetent. GE appliance are not quality products.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Our Profile over-the-range microwave failed after 2 years. (Warranty was for one year!) One day it suddenly died. The repairman ($100) said repeated twisting of the wire from the oven to the door (which contains all the electronics) is inevitable with opening and closing. The wire often breaks within its insulation: a bad design fault. No question of replacing the wire; we would have to order a new door, for nearly $400 plus $200 for installation, which requires 2 service technicians. This is more than the cost of a new OTR microwave. He advised us to get one with the controls beside, not in the door. Unfortunately GE is the only company that makes a microwave in the same colour as our range.

Original review: July 21, 2020

As a landlord I have about 20 GE microwaves. I have had 8 handles break off in the last few years including the one in my house with me pulling the door open. Standing straight in front of it, just pulling regularly. Replacement plastic handles - just two pieces of injection molded plastic - selling from other companies for as little as $10 are $130.00. $130.00! There is a clear design defect here and the company's solution to it is to charge $130 for the plastic replacement part. Someone should go to jail. Literally. Please include me in the class action lawsuit.

Original review: July 18, 2020

This review is related to the Monogram 2.2 Cu. Ft. Built-In Microwave Oven model #ZEB1227SLSS. The GE site: https://appliances.monogram.com/us/specs/ZEB1227SLSS indicates in two places that the built-in trim kit is included (and one place where it is listed as additional), yet GE has confirmed that in fact, the trim kit is an optional add-on with a $325 additional cost. Calls to GE's consumer line have been disappointing. Me: "Your website says it's included, and is in a section with other features that are in fact included but not additional fees"; GE: "We have confirmed that the trim kit costs extra". We have, in fact, purchased the oven and are awaiting its installation, and I have other experience with GE Monogram appliances so I expect this to operate well. But I cannot understand their reluctance to acknowledge this error on their site. Potential buyers, please beware of this issue.

GE Microwave Ovens Company Information