Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

3.1/5 (759 ratings)

About Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: May 22, 2020

The model of stacked washer/dryer combo that we have is very basic. You can't tell what part of the wash cycle it is on or even how long is left of the wash cycle. There is no built-in fabric softener dispenser. Other than those items, the washer has worked great for us for the year and half that we've owned it. For a stacked unit, it holds a LOT of clothes because it has no agitator. It is surprisingly easy to load and unload as well.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Frigidaire front load about 18 years old. Still running great. Matching dryer is the same. This machine has been moved twice with no problem. It fits in the small space that I am having a problem finding a new one to fit. I would like a machine I could clean the drain easily.

Original review: May 19, 2020

My Energy Star Frigidaire Tumble Action front loading washer hasn't let me down since 29 March 2006, knock on wood! It's just my husband, our dog and me, so it obviously doesn't get the high usage that perhaps an average family would. Even though, I think 14 years is pretty good.

Original review: May 17, 2020

This is the first washer machine I have purchased from this manufacturer and I was not impressed with the limited features on it. There is no way to select a certain point in the wash cycle and this model is agitator-less which does not clean clothes very well. I would not recommend the model that I have and will be replacing it soon.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I have used this washer for 16yrs and have beat the holy you know what out of it and it still works perfectly. I have washed everything I own in that washer and it has never failed.. Football uniforms, sneakers, heavy comforters, pillows, rugs, greasy cloths from the garage, seat covers. You name it I have washed it...

Original review: May 15, 2020

I have the stackable washer and dryer. I really like the modern and space saving design. I don't like the fact that the washer smells funky if you shut the door. So other than having to leave the door open all the time when not in use it gets the job done.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Dryer works OK but has an extremely annoying high pitch when running. We have main floor laundry located about forty feet from the living room and with the laundry doors closed and you're sitting in your living room that pitch is clear as a bell. Just great! I also remember buying one of their fridges about 15 years ago, it lasted two years. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 14, 2020

This is a front-load washer that uses HE detergent. It has many different wash cycles including a sanitizing cycle which works very well. Have only had minor issue with lighting on the instrument and periodic spin cycle issue not removing some of the water in clothing making them harder to get dry. Otherwise, has been a good addition.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Still grappling with limitations of raising the locked lid mid cycle, however the quality is apparent on many levels. Service calls are few and far between and warranties are well stated. Extra large capacity is wonderful.

Original review: May 12, 2020

This washer is quiet and does a very good job. We bought an almost new unit from a neighbor. I really like the stackable feature. And both washer and dryer are quite large capacity. The unit fits into a small closet that was converted with hookups.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have had my Frigidaire front load washer for at least 15 years and I am very pleased. Although I know it's about time to be replaced. It is easy to load and unload. The only thing I don't like about the front load washers are that you cannot add items to it once it starts. However it takes less water and less detergent which is a very big plus.

Original review: May 10, 2020

My washing machine has served me well for a very long time. It has a large capacity and all the features I need. It has all the cycles from delicate to heavy duty and spins thoroughly. It cleans well and has served me well.

Original review: May 9, 2020

It is the most reliable washing machine I've ever had & very quiet.. so far I've had it 8 years. Never had any problems, it has survived 3 moves across the state. I would definitely buy another Fridgidaire when the time comes.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Within 8 months of purchase our brand new Frigidaire Washer started leaking in our second floor laundry room causing much stress. Frigidaire sent a local company that appears incompetent as two technicians have come now each diagnosing different issues and still after two weeks no repairs have been made and we continue to wait while additional parts are ordered.

When calling to update Frigidaire after the second technician’s visit we were told two things- 1. We have no choice but to continue waiting on the parts and another visit TBD from the same company AND 2. They will NOT provide us with a new washer despite all the obvious manufacturer defects unless a technician diagnoses as “irreparable”... We have had to wash all clothes for our family by hand and continue to clean up water as the washer continues to actively leak from the bottom. The 3 diagnosed issues so far include “worn out shocks/suspension”, “worn out tub ring”, and “leaking cold water valve inside washer”. This is absolutely ridiculous for a brand new product!

Original review: April 25, 2020

I purchased a Frigidaire stackable washer/dryer about three years ago and have has issues since day one with the washer. My dark laundry consistently comes out of the washer with huge areas of lint stuck to the clothes. I frequently have to rewash the clothes as the lint does not come off, even when brushed with a lint roller or brush. It is a constant frustration and it doesn’t matter what I try, the problem is the same. I use a high efficiency liquid laundry detergent and follow the manufacturer’s directions with the same frustrating result. I have tried putting in smaller loads with no change. I have changed the water temperature with no change. The dark clothing comes out of the washer looking dirtier than when it went in. It takes a long time for even a regular cycle to complete and then I have to rewash the load. A waste of my time, money, resources and energy.

The dryer is not too bad but it does tumble the clothing, especially sheets and towels, into a ball that doesn’t dry, necessitating me having to put it through again. Another waste of energy and resources. I would not recommend this unit at all as it is ineffective on every level. I am getting rid of this unit and purchasing another but it will not be anything manufactured by Frigidaire.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I purchased this unit 3 years ago. Model # FFLE1011MW2. It has been so frustrating trying to wash a load of clothes. The dryer, no problem. The washer however will sometimes wash. Sometimes it fills drains and stops. Sometimes it washes fine but don’t spin the clothes. I really think they should have been a recall on this product. I hope no one has to endure the frustration I have. You can’t start a load and walk away because you don’t know what it’s going to do so you have to stay with it. I have not reached out to a repair technician because at this point I don’t even care anymore. I’m just buying a new set but it won’t be a Frigidaire that for sure. For anyone that has one of these best of luck.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

The appliances were in our house when we bought it, so we determined that we had all the low end Frigidaire appliances. How bad could a washing machine be? I had a front loader washing machine in my home in San Francisco and never had any problem with it. Now I am in Philadelphia, and this front loader smells like damp towels, dirty sneakers and no matter what I do the smell comes back. I cleaned the rubber around the door thoroughly. I followed the recommendation in the manual that suggested using bleach for a wash and did this repeatedly. It got rid of the smell for a week or so, but came right back. I also purchased the cleaner tablets that are strictly for this purpose and had the same results. I left the door of the washing machine open when not in use to no avail.

The dryer is equally disappointing in that when I wash sheets or duvet covers, they are spun into a tight ball which renders them impossible to dry. Untangling them is a timely chore and has to be done two or three times during the drying process. I decided to buy a new set and various sales people that I conferred with suggested that the problem with the washer might be the type of water in Philly that causes the smell in the washing machine. I am looking at a top loader now. As for the dryer, nobody has a solution for the spinning into a ball for the dryer, so I have to take my chances. I have been advised over and over again, that I should only expect 7 years from my new appliances, regardless of the manufacturer. The lifespan of previous appliances of 25 years and such are no longer. The reason for 2 stars is that a washing machine that stinks is counter to the purpose and so it fails miserably.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I have had my set for several years now. I have had absolutely no problems with the washer, but the dryer has been a complete nightmare. The repair guy came today to fix only to find out now the control panel is broke. His recommendation after everything he has had to do over the years he suggested to get rid of it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

You have no control of how long the wash cycle takes. It's 60-80 mins for a regular load. There is no softener dispenser, I had to buy a softener ball dispenser. Several times the ball does not empty. There's not enough water for the ball to open. I set the rinse level on high. Checked it, there wasn't enough rinse water to cover the clothes. Spend a few dollars more and get a washer that you actually have control over, like wash times, wash levels and a softener dispenser. There is no light in the dryer. The washer smells fishy after it sits for a few days. When we travel and use Airbnb. There's some really nice stacked machines. This is not one of them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

Moved into my new home with new Frigidaire washer. Had nothing but problems with it. Had it repaired because it was leaking water from under the washer because it had a defective hose, now it’s leaking again. I going to request to replace it, only I had this for 2 week.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Bought a brand new dryer from Frigidaire and it was broken the first time we used it. The dryer pours gas out when running! We were told we have to go through the warranty to have someone come out and look at it. They won’t just replace our brand new dryer with a working one. A week later they send someone out to look at it and he had to order a part. Another week later he comes to fix it and the dryer still pours gas out and I mean the whole house smells of gas every time he turns it on. We are told it’s defective and he will have to talk to Frigidaire and see if they will replace it or if he will have to keep working on it and there’s an issue with the wiring.

Another week later they say they refuse to replace our dryer and they will try to replace the gas valve, even though the repair guy says it’s not the gas valve. It’s wiring. After a couple days they agree to mail us new wiring and will send someone to working on it after we let them know we received the part in the mail. Here we are 3 weeks later with a none working brand new dryer and beyond frustrated. We would have never purchased a product from Frigidaire had we known if our new product was defective they wouldn’t replace it with a working one. Horrible customer service, very disappointed, and worried that this dryer that pours gas out and has faulty wiring is a ticking time bomb!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We have had our Frigidaire Affinity for EIGHT years with no problems whatsoever--till yesterday. The washer stalled on the spin cycle. Problem was wads of some kind of matted, tarry stuff on the drain filter. Stuff that comes off dirty clothes? Don't think I cleaned the washer every time it asked "Clean washer"? And think maybe that was the problem. OR, how to get out the gunk that accumulates on the filter? Where is my manual? Can't find. Otherwise, I have been DELIGHTED with my wonderful, stalwart Frigidaire Affinity. And even this problem is probably just use-related. And, it might be my own darned fault, just as Jimmy Buffett said.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

As soon as the warranty was up the machine started having problems. Just stops all the time. Cleaned the filter which took 3 hours. Still stops seemingly for no reason. Have had a Samsung in a rental suite for years, never a problem. Same one in a previous house and it worked great for years. This 2 and a half year old Frigidaire is on its way to the recycling.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Purchased both of these as a brand new set in 2014. Had to replace the heating coil in the dryer in 2016. Heating coil went out again in early 2019. Replaced the dryer in 2019 with a different brand. The washer requires monthly cleaning to get the mold/mildew out of the front door seal. If you leave it open to dry so it won't get gunky, the stress on the hinges pulls the door out of alignment and has caused the silver flashing to crack. The soap dispenser needs to be cleaned on the same schedule as well for the same reason. I predict a new washer as well in early 2020.

Original review: March 30, 2019

We bought a Frigidaire Affinity dryer in the Fall of 2014. It is no longer under warranty so the consistent repair required is at our own expense. We’ve regularly cleaned the lint screen, which never did work correctly, and results in a regular buildup of lint throughout the entire interior of the unit. It was repaired by a professional once who explained the problem with the lint screen that doesn’t catch lint, but disperses throughout the interior, causing a buildup of lint and a potential fire hazard. To date, we regular have to take the dryer apart ourselves in order to clean out the lint within, and the air flow is weakened as a result, leaving our clothes damp after 90 minutes of drying time... I’ll never buy another Frigidaire appliance again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We bought appliance new in Sept. 2018. 1st load we noticed soap residue on our black clothing. We have soft water and are using between 1 and 2 teaspoons of detergent per load. We received some suggestions but no solutions from Frigidaire All reports we have read have the same complaint. We upped house water temp/wash all loads at hot or warm setting/wash all loads on heavy duty setting/make loads heavier by soaking them first to fool machine to add more water. Many times we wash loads x2. We purchased 4 high end Frigidaire appliances at same time but are getting nowhere with this issue with manufacturer. (No issues with other appliances.) We even offered to return and buy higher quality Frigidaire product. I highly recommend staying away from this model of washing machine.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We rent. When our old stackable finally conked out after 10 years, the landlord brought us a brand new stackable Frigidaire energy efficient set. Hardly ever spins out without notifying us and we have to arrange the wet clothes in the washer. When it does work, it leaves horrible white marks on my black dress clothes. I do use a small amount of liquid detergent. Garbage product. Do not buy. The washer does not even give enough water to cover the clothes. PS: I only gave 1 star as they wouldn't let me post this without selecting one.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The worst washer I've ever seen. You're better off with a rock and stream. Should have spent the extra money and got a good one. Please don't be as dumb as I was. You will regret it. I promise. It was the worst experience I've had. What a piece of junk.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The gas dryer came with the new home. Unfortunately this is how the builder saved money by getting these inferior Frigidaire appliances and unaware buyers not realizing the poor quality. This dryer has to be run more than once at maximum temperature and maximum drying! It is not being overloaded. Twice someone was sent who did some sort of test to see hot air was going through it and, therefore, said it was working. I know hot air comes out! It’s just not drying the clothes properly. I’ve also had the vent checked by the builder, including going on top of the roof. The final answer from the repairman was perhaps I’d have to use the timed dry instead of the sensor cycles. Also, the towels, when done, have a bad feel to them, not quite slimy, but not how you’d expect towels to feel. Furthermore, I’ve had them start to smell after one use showing that bacteria has not been dried out of them!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Washer shakes, rattles and rolls, clings and bangs, shakes the whole house. Worst washer I have ever owned. Have no use for this make. Or the way it's made. Just a big piece of junk. Most of what I have seen of the other makes they're all junk.

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Company Information