2. Homeowners

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

4.0/5 (313 ratings)

About Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: May 15, 2020

I have the stackable washer and dryer. I really like the modern and space saving design. I don't like the fact that the washer smells funky if you shut the door. So other than having to leave the door open all the time when not in use it gets the job done.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Dryer works OK but has an extremely annoying high pitch when running. We have main floor laundry located about forty feet from the living room and with the laundry doors closed and you're sitting in your living room that pitch is clear as a bell. Just great! I also remember buying one of their fridges about 15 years ago, it lasted two years. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 14, 2020

This is a front-load washer that uses HE detergent. It has many different wash cycles including a sanitizing cycle which works very well. Have only had minor issue with lighting on the instrument and periodic spin cycle issue not removing some of the water in clothing making them harder to get dry. Otherwise, has been a good addition.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Still grappling with limitations of raising the locked lid mid cycle, however the quality is apparent on many levels. Service calls are few and far between and warranties are well stated. Extra large capacity is wonderful.

Original review: May 12, 2020

This washer is quiet and does a very good job. We bought an almost new unit from a neighbor. I really like the stackable feature. And both washer and dryer are quite large capacity. The unit fits into a small closet that was converted with hookups.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have had my Frigidaire front load washer for at least 15 years and I am very pleased. Although I know it's about time to be replaced. It is easy to load and unload. The only thing I don't like about the front load washers are that you cannot add items to it once it starts. However it takes less water and less detergent which is a very big plus.

Original review: May 10, 2020

My washing machine has served me well for a very long time. It has a large capacity and all the features I need. It has all the cycles from delicate to heavy duty and spins thoroughly. It cleans well and has served me well.

Original review: May 9, 2020

It is the most reliable washing machine I've ever had & very quiet.. so far I've had it 8 years. Never had any problems, it has survived 3 moves across the state. I would definitely buy another Fridgidaire when the time comes.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Within 8 months of purchase our brand new Frigidaire Washer started leaking in our second floor laundry room causing much stress. Frigidaire sent a local company that appears incompetent as two technicians have come now each diagnosing different issues and still after two weeks no repairs have been made and we continue to wait while additional parts are ordered.

When calling to update Frigidaire after the second technician’s visit we were told two things- 1. We have no choice but to continue waiting on the parts and another visit TBD from the same company AND 2. They will NOT provide us with a new washer despite all the obvious manufacturer defects unless a technician diagnoses as “irreparable”... We have had to wash all clothes for our family by hand and continue to clean up water as the washer continues to actively leak from the bottom. The 3 diagnosed issues so far include “worn out shocks/suspension”, “worn out tub ring”, and “leaking cold water valve inside washer”. This is absolutely ridiculous for a brand new product!

Original review: April 25, 2020

I purchased a Frigidaire stackable washer/dryer about three years ago and have has issues since day one with the washer. My dark laundry consistently comes out of the washer with huge areas of lint stuck to the clothes. I frequently have to rewash the clothes as the lint does not come off, even when brushed with a lint roller or brush. It is a constant frustration and it doesn’t matter what I try, the problem is the same. I use a high efficiency liquid laundry detergent and follow the manufacturer’s directions with the same frustrating result. I have tried putting in smaller loads with no change. I have changed the water temperature with no change. The dark clothing comes out of the washer looking dirtier than when it went in. It takes a long time for even a regular cycle to complete and then I have to rewash the load. A waste of my time, money, resources and energy.

The dryer is not too bad but it does tumble the clothing, especially sheets and towels, into a ball that doesn’t dry, necessitating me having to put it through again. Another waste of energy and resources. I would not recommend this unit at all as it is ineffective on every level. I am getting rid of this unit and purchasing another but it will not be anything manufactured by Frigidaire.

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Company Information