Frigidaire Electric Ranges

Frigidaire Ranges

3.9/5 (660 ratings)

About Frigidaire Ranges

Frigidaire Electric Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Electric Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

The stove I bought has been a disappointment from the beginning. A small pot of water takes minutes to boil. Cleaning is difficult: it looks always greasy and dirty. Terrible material. One of the burner is not working anymore. The grill is below which is difficult to place a tray or something to grill; you risk to burn yourself. I will never purchase a Frigidaire. Ever.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

My stove is 1 year and 2 months old. The glass blew out of the stove when doing the self cleaning. Thankfully no one was hurt. I called company and they said they can't help because of the warranty was out dated. This should be automatically covered because it is a safety issue.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

The oven which was not used for two days just randomly shattered spitting glass pieces everywhere in the kitchen. Someone could have been seriously injured if they were around. Based on some research, this is a common defect and very dangerous. This happened about two years after purchasing it and my warranty won't cover it but the company does not care about the dangerous aspect of seriously injuring consumers and about recalling it. Purchase their stove at your own risk.

Original review: July 28, 2022

It was a great range, but just one year and one month after purchasing this range, it stopped working. Frigidaire won't respond to messages sent through the "Contact Us" section on the website and no one will pick up the telephone either. Convenient how it broke just after the manufacturer warranty was up. Never buying Frigidaire products again.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I have a Frigidaire range that is 4 years old. The glass in the oven door exploded a couple of nights ago. Literally exploded with a bang that sounded like a gunshot, and sprayed glass all over my kitchen. The glass even flew as far as my living room. I have contacted Frigidaire and they said that since it’s out of warranty, it’s my responsibility to pay for repairs for “functional failures.” A functional failure. That’s how they describe part of their oven exploding all over my kitchen. Do not purchase products from this company. They are unsafe. And obviously Frigidaire doesn’t care of their products are dangerous to consumers.

Original review: June 11, 2022

First of all - the stove top is not easy to clean and the larger burner takes 15-20 minutes to boil water. The oven takes forever to preheat (30 minutes to reach 400*). Lastly - my oven door just exploded all over my kitchen while my entire family and our two little dogs were mere feet away! Frigidaire customer service is horrible and told me that it is out of warranty so it's our problem. (The oven is 3 years and 6 days old!!) I reported this item to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. No one should EVER fear exploding hot glass all over their kitchen. I will NEVER purchase a Frigidaire product again. It's one thing for a product to malfunction, but it's a totally different circumstance when a company has no integrity and will not stand behind their products. We have always purchased Frigidaire (this is our third set) but we will never again support such an unethical company.

Original review: June 2, 2022

We purchased the Frigidaire Stove Oven Model GCRE3060AF 22 April 2022 and installed 29 April 2022. We have all new Green Pan pots and pans with smooth heating surfaces. We noticed about a week ago that there are several deep scratches in the stove top from only light use. When we explained this to the service dept they said that it is only cosmetic and can only be replaced under warranty during the first 30 days after purchase. I explained that the issue is not just cosmetic but what appears to be a manufacturing flaw in the quality of the glass and this happened in just over a month. The service dept reiterated that it is only cosmetic and they would not replace it. After a second call a sensible service rep understood the issue and ordered a warranty replacement. As a note..the service tech that arrived to inspect the top was adamant about the warranty policies regardless of the probability of a flaw in the manufacturing.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The policy of Frigidaire is that if something is damaged or defective, you need to report it within 48 hours of delivery. If you don't, they will not replace it and it must be repaired. I purchased a range which is clearly defective but because I did not know this within the 48 hours, (it was between 48-72 hours) I have to have it serviced. The oven buzzes loudly and vibrates on heating, and does not shut off. The indicator lights go off, but the oven itself is actually still on. There may be other defects but since I cannot use it, who knows? I had to shut the breaker off.

The Home Depot, where I bought it has no appliance repair staff. They sell a product with this kind of policy and have no means of repair. They are horrible to deal with. Frigidaire at least has some nice people in customer service who try to help. They found a repair service miles away and the first available opening is in July, 2 months away. I don't expect the service person will have appropriate parts or even show up. I am a senior citizen. I live with my disabled brother. We are on a fixed income. Besides a toaster and a microwave, we have no means to cook anything. Home Depot doesn't care. I would advise all of you to write to your representatives in Congress. Many of our consumer protections have been weakened, and this is unacceptable. It's about profits and as consumers we must let lawmakers know that this cannot continue. Besides that, file complaints with your state Better Business Bureau, and your state consumer protection agency. This is unacceptable.

Original review: May 5, 2022

This is an 8-month old bi-monthly used oven. I baked a chicken breast at 400o for 20 minutes. I have done this a couple times before using same baking dish placed on top rack of oven. After cooking I removed the chicken to test for doneness, turned oven off and returned it to stay warm for a bit. Upon closing the oven door the outer tempered glass exploded sending glass everywhere across tiled floor with a few small slivers lodging on my feet. I was shaken, lost my appetite, and left returning the following morning to deal with the mess.

Several hours later glass has been removed from door before it broke apart again, swept up from floor and underneath range. and manually dug out of hard to reach crevices. I could not vacuum it up. - I’ve had 4 ice-makers installed in 8 months and I have a grandson who cooks his tools in the oven, Will it take 4 explosions like the 4 ice makers to get things right, and possibly hurting someone? This, I hope, is a one-off. Still, this is negligence by Frigidaire that is inexcusable.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Bought a new Frigidaire oven model FFEH3054US on July 28th 2021 paid $1143.74 , it broke in January 2022, so less than 1 year old still under factory warranty, I called to schedule repair service, they came out and said they have to order a part to fix it, no problem things happen right. Well it's now April 5th 2022 and I have been told a week ago the part is “no longer available” after 6 phone calls and multiple chat sessions, I still have a broken new oven, it's clear after speaking to multiple people at their service helpline that they just don’t care about making it right. They are very good at giving you the runaround! BTW they ask me to post a review on their Frigidaire site and I was honest not rude about having trouble getting my oven fixed, they blocked it saying it didn’t meet their criteria, so be wary of reviews on their site because they are clearly manipulated.

Frigidaire Electric Ranges Company Information