Frigidaire Electric Ranges
Based on 238 reviews that contain star ratings

Frigidaire Ranges

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

373 Frigidaire Electric Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

You can turn the oven without knowing it. Knobs spins freely. Stovetop takes a long time to heat up and not consistent. Bad, fan already wobbling with noise on convection. Had it one year. Would not buy ever again. Don’t buy LG either. They were bought out by Whirlpool, Frigidaire, and now all the stove companies are a monopoly, can send out products that techs can’t fix. Don’t test products on consumers. Make sure they work first. Just give me a product that lives up to the price I pay. Next time I’ll check Craigslist so I can expect crap, and spend 50 bucks. I had a better USED oven before this. Very sad.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I would advise AGAINST purchasing any Frigidaire product, especially stoves. After several months of attempting to locate door hinges for our 2007 Frigidaire oven and spending money to have a Frigidaire recommended technician assess and search for replacement hinges, we now must rip out a perfectly good oven and purchase another...all because Frigidaire does not support their products. Most disappointing and ridiculous.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I used the self clean for the first time after 3 months of owning this wall double oven. It wasn't terribly dirty. There were no spots between the double glass window before cleaning. After cleaning it was full of dark brown spots. You cannot get to them to clean unless you detach the door, take the glass apart, clean it, and reinstall the door. Frigidaire tells me I should hire someone to do this if I'm not technically inclined! So now the door is stained in an area I cannot get to, and it's my tough luck, and it's only 3 months old. It's not covered under warranty because it's cosmetic.

I've owned ovens for 40 years and have never heard of this! What a poor design... and what caused this? The rep told me there could be 101 reasons. But he could only come up with I must have sprayed something on the door and the spray fell into the vent and got burned on when I used the self clean. POOR POOR POOR DESIGN or whatever! This is ridiculous for an item you pay so much money for - don't use the self clean if you do buy this oven!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Today my stove turned on itself, and started heating up. I had to pull the plug out. Fortunately I was at home to notice this and unplug it. Otherwise my house would be at fire. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND. FIRE HAZARD.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

After using the self clean for the 1st time {it was not very dirty, only a couple of spots spilled on the oven floor} I noticed what I thought was food that had not cleaned up so I did the cycle again. Still the same? I looked closer and the oven floor is crazed! I have an extended warranty from Leon's... will not cover it because they say it is cosmetic, call the manufacturer they said the same thing. This is obviously a defect. As time goes on it will get worse every time I clean it. I have only had it for a year. Poor quality... I have had other brands in the past and have never seen this before.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Large burner on cooktop randomly turns on by itself. EXTREME FIRE HAZARD! Frigidaire has recalls on many of its similar products and when I called to find out where I could get the work done, I was informed that not every model is included in the recall, despite having the same issue. The customer service representative sounded relieved my stove wasn’t included and could give me a list of part numbers I need to buy to repair it. Do people DIE because their houses burn down around their ears? This burner is now turning on at least 20 times a day! How does Frigidaire execs sleep at night not taking responsibility for their problems? Won’t buy another.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Have a Electrolux Frigidaire Gallery Series Electric Oven, purchased in November 2014. It is less than 4 years old. Model # FGEF3032MFH. 5.7 cu.foot capacity. 47 inches in height, self cleaning, stainless steel. During baking cookies at 350 degrees F, the front glass window literally exploded, little pieces of glass flew out 3-4 feet across the kitchen, ricocheted off lower cabinets. Extremely loud shattering glass noise. I have two young children, and THANK GOD nobody was in the kitchen when this happened. The glass was most likely flying out right at their eye level. I was in the adjacent family room and heard everything. Extremely dangerous situation. Again, this is an Electric Range. (Not Gas!) Called Electrolux, they offered minimal assistance as the unit was past the 1-year manufacturer's warranty. They offered to pay half the cost of replacement glass, and offered no help to diagnose why this extremely dangerous event happened.

I'm furious at the nonchalant treatment from Electrolux. Electrolux recommended a service company; I called the service company, the service company strongly recommended just getting a new unit as cost of service call was $95 and most likely any labor and parts are typically several hundred dollars. Replacing the glass would do nothing to diagnose why this happened. Several news stations around the country have reported on similar events. Was shocked to when Electrolux customer service department informed me they "never heard of this happening." This is such a huge safety concern. People's lives could literally be in danger from this happening. It makes me sick to my stomach to think my children could have been in the kitchen when this happened. And even sicker to learn that Electrolux offered almost no help whatsoever.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I purchased a new Frigidaire electric stove on 02-12-2018 for a 72 year old woman to use. The oven was used to hold pans only, the heat was never used. On 06-28-2018 the oven handle came off and the oven panel with glass fell on the floor. I could see the stripped screw holes in the handle. Frigidaire said this was a cosmetic problem which are under warranty for the first two months only. BEWARE OF THE FRIGIDAIRE WARRANTY.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I purchased a frigidaire stove 2 years ago, June 2016. The stove just shorted out (sparks and all!) and is now fried. Customer service is useless and won't return phone calls as promised. I will never buy one of their products again.

Original review: June 23, 2018

THIS STOVE COULD KILL YOUR FAMILY! Frigidaire Gallery. Model LGEF3057LFB. In October/2017 this stove caught fire and burned our kitchen and the soot damage ruined the entire inside of our house and many of our possessions. We were in temporary housing for 5 months. We had purchased house earlier in 2017 and previous homeowner (who was moving to assisted living) had bragged that the stove was new 'several years ago' when she had remodeled the kitchen, but it had NEVER BEEN USED, since she used her microwave and toaster oven exclusively. And it looked like new; oven was showroom clean.

I have had a self cleaning oven before and always cleaned it when we went to bed; turning on the exhaust fan to suck out the smell. THANK GOD this house did not have an exterior exhaust fan (only recirculating) or we would have been in bed and possibly died! Knowing that the smell would be horrible, and because I suffer from COPD and cannot be exposed to the fumes, I turned on the self-clean feature and it seemed to be working, so I left the house! An hour or so later, I get a call from a neighbor that MY HOUSE WAS ON FIRE! Our insurance company (Farmers) has been GREAT, but they say Frigidaire would not accept responsibility because - get this - I had left the stove unattended. Yep. So a word of warning: If you buy a house, or rent, research info on the appliances you are stuck with. If I had purchased a stove I would have thoroughly researched it - and the reviews on this site would have scared the ** out of me!

Original review: May 25, 2018

Lousy design and customer support. Seriously, plastic handle held to oven door by coarse thread screws. Customer support is on par with what I would expect from cable and internet providers. This is a serious hazard and the Company takes the “Gone With The Wind” attitude — “Frankly Scarlett I don’t give a damn!”

Original review: May 18, 2018

This Frigidaire stove is a fire hazard!! I've already had to replace the element once although nothing caught fire that time. Today the element blew up and the oven was shooting Sparks everywhere and would have caught my kitchen on fire if I'd not been in the room to see and here it! I had only just cut it on to preheat and seconds later Sparks are flying out of the oven door! This is the worst stove and it is a danger, it should be recalled. Not to mention the eyes that have been overheating and take entirely too long to cool back down. Two thumbs down!!

Original review: April 30, 2018

My Home came with Frigidaire appliances, I've used my stove for 3 months and it has bubbles on it and they will not replace it! They say it's cosmetic and warranty will not cover it! !That's totally ridiculous! It should last longer than that, I've seen 15 Year old ones that don't have that. They should stand behind this.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Bought this stove in Dec 2017 and since then when I use the oven there is this burning smell that is worse than a chemical factory. They sent a service tech in Feb but all of them have said this is normal and it should take 1 to 2 hours for the inside coating to burn out. 20 hours + multiple self clean cycles later I still have the smell. Yesterday I had wheezing and shallow breath because I did a self clean for 3 hours, and happened to be in the house. Horrible product. Next time do you burn in process in the factory and don't treat consumers like your lab rats! I am going to do 1 more self clean and if it doesn't clear up, I am going to the BBB. Also, Frigidaire does not want you to know this. I published this same review on their website and it was removed. It was honest and warns other consumers, but they don't want you to know this. After all, the CEO probably wants to buy a yacht this weekend, and he wouldn't want my review to slow down business.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Frigidaire Professional Series appliances. Bad quality products. 4 years old and ready for the scrap yard. INDUCTION TOP OVEN. I will tell you that the Canadian Tire $25.00 electric burner does not belong, yet this is how we have been cooking for 6 months. We have 2 of these and compared to the Frigidaire Induction top, these things work great. Without warning or incident, we experienced an error on the Induction cooktop. We come to find out that the issue is the right side induction board that needs to be changed.

After 6 months of our Canadian Tire burner units, it was time to get this fixed. The cost is $850.00 plus installation. So we suck it up and get the part installed only to find out that the controller board is not compatible and in order for the first $850.00 board to work we are held ransom for yet another $550.00 plus installation for the compatible controller board. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? Does Frigidaire think it is okay to screw the consumer over so bad that you take to consumer affairs so that someone else does not make the same mistake we did in selecting Frigidaire for our appliances of choice. I will NEVER buy a FRIGIDAIRE product again... the products are to fail by design.

FRIDGE. We purchased a fridge and after just 2 years, the ice maker on the door broke. It was not working. I took a look at it myself to see what the problem was. It was leaking all over the floor and once I looked at it, I realized that the water cycled to fill the tray over and over and filled and froze the entire ice auger. Once I thawed it all out and looked closer, it was a simple issue. A crack in the ice cube tray. So I set out to find a new part... Frigidaire does not sell that part separately. The part is literally worth $1.00 BUT you have to buy the entire unit for $350.00.

Needless to say, as a consumer I was upset, but also refused to pay $350.00 for a plastic ice cube tray. On that same fridge, the lower freezer drawer does not close properly and does not always make the seal. When the seal is not made, it creates a lot of frost and condensation in the freezer. The workaround to get the drawer back on track and closing properly is a quick side jerk while the drawer is open and it should sound like you're ripping the drawer off. Believe it or not, it realigns the plastic rack and pinion and the drawer seals once again. The drawer will track properly for a month or two and then without incident, the drawer will not be sealing again. Time for the Fridigaire side jerk realignment move. We are absolutely disappointed with the quality of the Frigidaire products. We would not recommend them to anyone... The quality is terrible. In case anyone is interested email me.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchased my induction range through Home Depot 2/24/18. When it was installed, I turned on one of the burners and cold air starts blowing at me from the front of the range. Went back to the Home Depot. No one there knew anything about cold air coming out. They had a technician come out and he said that’s the design. I can’t change the amount of air that comes out. It’s needed to cool the magnets and electronics. Nowhere in the description or in the online video does it say you’ll be blasted with cold air the entire time the cooktop is in operation. If I knew this beforehand I never would have purchased it. The technician said that Frigidaire won’t exchange it and now the Depot says the same! I’m not a happy camper. I’m not asking for a refund just replace the induction cooktop with a plain glass cooktop if they don’t want to replace the whole range. It’s brand new!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Bought the Frigidaire Gallery oven, it has been the worse oven I’ve ever used! Everything burns, and I’m a home cook and retired caterer. Uneven baking, cannot cook anything for my family! I’ve called customer service 3 times, and they told me to lower cooking temp by 25 degrees, and still everything burns or is unevenly cooked. Also lots of smoking if oven is above 375. I’m devastated, and can’t afford a new oven. Will never buy Frigidaire again!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchase my home on or about May 2017 in Las Vegas Nevada. It came with a Frigidaire electrical stove model number FGES3045KBA and while I was cooking last night the right front burner exploded under my pot causing an extremely loud sound. A piece came out hitting fortunately encrusting itself under the pot luckily. As the rest of the right side was cracked! I just finished talking to Note id ** on the phone. She said she was the person in charge on making decisions as if the product replaced or not. She offer 20 percent on parts stating that that was the best and only solution available over not only defective product but an extreme DANGEROUS PRODUCT. BE AWARE OF their products.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

We purchased a Frigidaire double wall oven in 2013. Recently used the self clean feature only to find the floor or bottom of the top oven had a slit or crack exposing the coil below. I called the Frigidaire Mfg. and have to say the first Rep was very helpful... My return call to add information met me with a rude, inconsiderate, arrogant corporate supervisor by the name of Shanell. This Rep was unwilling to admit the self clean feature was the cause of the now defective oven after 4 years of ownership. Insisted I would need to pay for a new oven because the oven "liner" is no longer available. Said I would need a service call at my expense. Whom I did call and he felt he would tell me the same thing (liner discontinued) if he made the service call but charge for the call. Very poor customer service from my perspective. She indicated there was nowhere else to take my complaint. Totally disgusted!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Numerous problems with this unit (Frigidaire Electric Range PLEFMZ99CD), Spent over $500 on repairs and still has issues. The latest one is 2 of the burners will come on automatically without even turning the Range on. This is definitely is a fire hazard. You can be away from your home and the burners will automatically come on. Numerous calls to Frigidaire and no help from them at all. Be aware of buying Frigidaire product.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Customer service - There is none!!! They sent a technician after I complained about a stain UNDER the glass cooktop on a brand new stove. The technician agreed and supposedly sent in a report. After MANY unanswered calls and promises, a different tech sent in a report negating what the first tech told me. He wasn't even here - never looked at my stove. Looked them up on BBB and they got an F!! Told Frigidaire and they did nothing about it. They still use an F rated technician for their products. UNBELIEVABLE. Needless to say I'm stuck with this but I certainly wont buy another Frigidaire product and of course, have told all my friends and even acquaintances. That's what they think of their customers... trusting an unreliable source to maintain their appliances!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

This is the worst range (Frigidaire FGES3065PF) I've ever owned. Spews smoke whenever convection is on. Cooktop always looks dirty and is difficult to clean. On my previous KitchenAid convection range this was never a problem after 16 years. This cooktop is already scratched after a year. Cooking in the oven may as well be an unvented wood stove. Have to open all windows while using it. Consider taking up smoking. Less impact.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have never had to call a company to use a warranty and now I know why everyone says it’s not worth the trouble. This started early October 2017, I was using my barely 8 month old glass stove top (Frigidaire LFEF3017LBD) when there was a loud pop and then a cracking sound. I looked at my kids, they looked at me, and then I looked at my cooktop. I walked over and lifted a saucepan, and sure enough there was a huge crack in the glass. I had never seen a glass cooktop crack from cooking on it. Dropping something on it, sure because that is what you think when someone says their glass top cracked. Now I know differently. I instantly called Lowe’s who gave me the number to Frigidaire and said that it was still under the manufacturer’s warranty and they will have it fixed right away. I was so excited but now I have to laugh at my own naivety. Sure, the customer service was nice when I called and instantly set up a repairman to come out.

So I waited through the weekend, waited the entire Monday for someone, anyone to show up. No one did. Called Frigidaire back, couldn’t get through because their phones were down due to “training.” Ugh. So I waited another day, called and they apologized and set up another service date a week later with a different repairman. Waited and waited, not using the stove because I wanted the repairman to see exactly what it looked like when it broke, so we were relegated to microwave stuff and sandwiches, didn’t want to use the oven in case that could cause further damage. I know it most likely wouldn’t but I was in a weird predicament and didn’t want to make anything worse, just in case.

So my new appointment came up and once again, no one showed up! Called Frigidaire, after calling the repairman - who told me there was no record of any service order from Frigidaire - and told them what I was told, so they called them themselves as I waited on hold, then was told that Frigidaire was not going about setting up a service order properly. Ugh. So, they apparently set it up correctly, but after a few more days and a repairman not showing up again, the repair company said they still had not received ANYTHING from Frigidaire. Called back, said well let’s see if this works? Seriously? What kind of company can not follow simple directions to properly set up a service call?

Two days later, a repairman called to see if he could come out - the repairman from the very first call I made who didn’t show up because Frigidaire called and cancelled the service call that Monday morning, are you freaking kidding me? So he comes out checks out my stove, he can clearly see the glass is cracked from underneath not from the cooking service, he can also see that the coils are NOT centered where they should be. He tells me that they will mostly claim I caused the damage since they never actually fix anything just say they will and then he is out the money for the part! What!?! He explains he will have to wait to get the money to do the repair before he will order the part since they are known to NOT pay for the repair work.

After waiting over a month I get a call from my repairman and says they need pictures for their technicians to give him an answer. I quickly go and take as many pictures as I can, showing the offset coils and the crack. A day later I get a call and say my claim was denied because the technician said it was caused by something dropped on it!!! I’m so mad I could spit! I then went and called Frigidaire and guess what? Another “training day” and no customer service or help of any kind! I go online and try to message them through their Facebook page, was answered by a “chat bot!” So mad. I called this morning and was told they would not send out for a second opinion because THEIR technician said he would give the same no to the repair!

I’m so angry that a company who says they pride themselves on great products and customer service has called me a liar and since I have no video of me cooking that night (who would?), I have no proof that I’m telling the truth! I know some people call in fake repairs and stuff, but why are the honest consumers penalized for that? What kind of company doesn’t back up their product? What kind of company tells their customer that they are a liar and it couldn’t be their faulty craftsmanship but by you doing something wrong? I hope this helps someone to choose a different product to buy. If anyone has advice to help me that would be appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

In Dec, 2007 I purchased a Frigidaire Prof. Series Electric Range, in looking back at this I'm finding it was one of the biggest "purchase" mistakes I have ever made!! In 2009 I received a recall notice regarding the cooktop burners failing to turn off, after being switched off! A couple wks ago I had used the self clean feature and was wiping out the bottom of the stove afterwards when I noticed "holes" in the bottom of the oven under the racks! I wasn't sure that's what it was, but later on when I had the oven on, I noticed the "red" from the heat element showing thru the holes!!!

I immediately emailed Frigidaire, and tried to get thru to them about the holes in the oven, and they just weren't getting it!! She kept talking about the rust in the bottom and was not acknowledging the "holes"! She told me I could purchase a new piece for the oven; but my worry is a safety issue and if they'd received any other "complaints" about this... Of course I never did get a response on that! I did use the oven last night and found that the outside of the stove was VERY HOT! I don't think I'm going to use it anymore until I can figure out what to do...

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This range looks great. The burner in the middle is a great addition. The big problem I have with this range, is the oven. I have had it looked at twice because it does not keep a constant temperature. I was told that it fluctuates. Well, that is no good when you are trying to bake and need a constant temperature. I don't think I would buy this product again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

A ceramic top has to be cleaned every time you use it. You have to clean it to perfection. Last you spray it with vinegar to get rid of any oil residue. Also, never shop at Lowe's. Had to return a 4th oven since it was usually bent or badly scratched. They never inspect it before it leaves the shop. Or trying to get over on you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Purchase gallery Frigidaire stove Dec 2014. Stove installed March 2015. Motherboard eoc board had to be replace twice in two years each time after self cleaning. Frigidaire will not take any reasonability for a default in their product. The stove will run hot. Will not turn off without turning of the main breaker. This stove is a dangerous fire hazard and should be recalled. Model cgef3055mf serial number vs-449-78499. Cost of repair $500 for eoc and probe however this does not fix the issue with the stove, the issue is you cannot self clean this stove without blowing the eoc board and potential causing a fire.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We bought our range a little over two years ago. We were preparing our Thanksgiving dinner. The front board said f10 which I'm assuming means fire. There were flames coming from the front, my husband quickly pulled the stove out and unplugged It. I'm thankful we were all in the kitchen when this happened or it could have started a house fire. We are now cooking our Thanksgiving dinner outside in the barbecue. I have never seen anything like this and I am quite sure I won't be purchasing another Frigidaire in the future. My husband took the back panel off and the motherboard was still smoking. Not a happy customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Bought a Frigidaire stove Feb 2016 from Lowe's in Knoxville TN. with an extended warranty. On August 24, 2017 the oven starting overheating the entire top and back of stove, it will burn to touch it, and is getting my wall behind stove hot. Lowe's warranty has sent 2 techs to check. They are not wanting to give me a replacement plan because: The techs called Frigidaire and they told the techs, there was no limitations as to much heat the oven could heat top and back of stove, said it could heat up to 165 degrees (which is very dangerous, and the techs also agreed). Frigidaire also told techs that it is working fine and there was no repair for it. So now I am fighting with Lowe's warranty service to get a stove. I have been given the runaround. I have seen on internet where a lot of Frigidaire stoves were recalled due to overheating.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

My Frigidaire Electric Range is awesome! I love the fact that it's a smooth top and very easy to keep clean. Less work for me whooope!!! I would highly recommend my Frigidaire Range to everyone who loves to cook.

Frigidaire Electric Ranges Company Information