1.37/5
Based on 211 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Frigidaire Ranges

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

346 Frigidaire Electric Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We bought our range a little over two years ago. We were preparing our Thanksgiving dinner. The front board said f10 which I'm assuming means fire. There were flames coming from the front, my husband quickly pulled the stove out and unplugged It. I'm thankful we were all in the kitchen when this happened or it could have started a house fire. We are now cooking our Thanksgiving dinner outside in the barbecue. I have never seen anything like this and I am quite sure I won't be purchasing another Frigidaire in the future. My husband took the back panel off and the motherboard was still smoking. Not a happy customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Bought a Frigidaire stove Feb 2016 from Lowe's in Knoxville TN. with an extended warranty. On August 24, 2017 the oven starting overheating the entire top and back of stove, it will burn to touch it, and is getting my wall behind stove hot. Lowe's warranty has sent 2 techs to check. They are not wanting to give me a replacement plan because: The techs called Frigidaire and they told the techs, there was no limitations as to much heat the oven could heat top and back of stove, said it could heat up to 165 degrees (which is very dangerous, and the techs also agreed). Frigidaire also told techs that it is working fine and there was no repair for it. So now I am fighting with Lowe's warranty service to get a stove. I have been given the runaround. I have seen on internet where a lot of Frigidaire stoves were recalled due to overheating.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

My Frigidaire Electric Range is awesome! I love the fact that it's a smooth top and very easy to keep clean. Less work for me whooope!!! I would highly recommend my Frigidaire Range to everyone who loves to cook.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Yesterday I was attempting to bake a cheesecake for the first time in my Frigidaire Gallery oven at 325 degrees. I have baked many cheesecakes over the years in my Whirlpool oven without any issues. Smoke started to come out of the vent and filled my kitchen. I took the cheesecake out of the oven and noted a small puddle in the bottom of the oven. The liquid appeared clear and smelled like lighter fluid. I turned the oven off and saturated a towel with cold water to attempt to clean the liquid up. I did not find any leakage from the cheesecake pan and the cheese did not overflow. Not sure where the fluid came from.

Anyway, I cleaned it up as best I could and placed aluminum foil over the area so I could continue to bake my cake and in case there was leakage from the pan. I turned the oven back on to 325 degrees and went to grab the cheesecake and the oven caught fire. Smoke went everywhere. I immediately closed the door and the fire dissipated. I opened the windows and door and turned on the ceiling fan because the smoke was intolerable. Later, after the oven cooled I removed the foil and found it scorched. There is a crusty substance burned on the oven floor. I called Frigidaire customer service today who made it seem like an oven fire is normal and they recommended I get someone to look at it at my expense. The appliance is just under 3 years old. I will never buy or recommend Frigidaire to anyone. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Had a Kenmore Elite dual fuel range which is made by Frigidaire. At year 3, one of the control panels caught on fire. Smoke was pouring out of the back of the range. I turned it off and had it repaired at a cost of $350. Year 7: The oven keeps turning itself off with the code ERR. Repairman said $400-500 to repair including parts, because one or more control panels are going bad, and to throw this piece of junk away. Pretty disappointed in the lack of longevity of this unit, and that they obviously sourced cheap control panels.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

This range was the worst buying experience. Plain and simply put. The cooktop works, but the oven has never worked... period. I had a repair service come out 3 times to try and troubleshoot the reason why it would cut off after exactly 40 minutes of cooking in the oven. It always presented an F20 error code. They replaced the motherboard two times and it still would not work. The repair company told me that I would have to start replacing each knob electronic control until the one causing the problem was found. They told me that I would have too much money into the repair, and I was better off just going and buying a new range. I never used the oven. I have a brand new in appearance range, that I cannot even give away at this point. It cost me around 1400.00, and now I get to go and buy another range.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Standing at Lowe's looking at great sale price on this range. Decided to check out reviews. Look at me... Walking away. Thanks to all who took the time to share their bad experience with this product.

Original review: June 22, 2017

The Frigidaire electronic board for the flat top ovens is not well made. I have had problems with the electronic board since I purchased it. Every time I boil something the steam affects the board and does not display for an hour, this last time it permanently shut down. Frigidaire was no help because the oven was a year old and their answer was to buy a $200 extended warranty. If buying Frigidaire ovens, don't boil anything that creates steam or buy the manual stove without electronics.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Frigidaire induction cooktop has cracked from left to right. Replacement cost $300 + Service. 2 hours after using the range we heard a loud bang in the kitchen and at the time could not find out where the noise came from. The next day when we went to use the cooktop we discovered that the top had cracked. Nothing had been dropped on the surface and we were very careful wiping the surface after cooking. The Electric range was purchased October 07 2015. Only 19 months old and for the price we paid we are very disappointed. When we first had the unit delivered we had to get a repair done on it as the fans were vibrating. I will never buy another item from Frigidaire again.

Original review: June 7, 2017

2 new digital control baking display circuit boards in 2 years. Absolutely the worst appliance that I have purchased in my life. Frigidaire as a company knows that they have an engineering problem with poor circuit board quality and durability but prefers to just give lip service when the part is $300 plus each time. Run from any Frigidaire appliance when you hear the name, I will. Never will I purchase any appliance with a Frigidaire label attached... Thanks for your very poor quality product and excuses that represent horrendous customer service! Nightmare appliance that has caused our family much hassle with time, repair and excessive part cost. Be advised folks - NEVER FRIGIDAIRE, even if someone gives it to you...

Original review: April 29, 2017

Can't recommend Frigidaire. Oven has been a problem several times, usually control panel issue (replaced twice). Think I'll just get regular old analog controlled stuff from now on. Digital controls not robust, weak, poorly made, expensive to replace. Warranties lousy.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Bought my electric range a few years ago. Got a great deal on a discontinued model. Love the ceramic top -- easy to clean, although it no longer looks just like new. Stove top and oven work fine and I do a lot of cooking and baking. It's simple to use. Don't like appliances with too many features that make them complicated to operate. Must hold the temperature well because baked goods always get done in the amount of time recommended in the recipe. Love that it's white too. Looks so nice and bright.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Bought a new Frigidaire Gallery Electric Range through Sears. The top on the front side was held down by one screw partially stuck in at an angle with only the tip of the screw barely holding. 4 of 5 screws were missing. Contacted customer service and they requested photos. Got a reply back saying the supervisor had reviewed it and determined it was a "use and care issue" and not their problem. Unbelievable! Wrote back with more details and asked that they consider this again. Nothing! This was obviously an assembly line/quality inspection issue. Do you really want to buy Electrolux products?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Purchased this Frigidaire CFEF3018LW in October 2016 from Sears (where it was on sale). Having checked out several brands, decided this was best value for my needs. It offered a 53" self-cleaning oven with large window view. Stove top featured two 6" elements, another which converts to either 6" or 9", and a large 12" element. The 12" element is great for a regular frying pan, wok, or a large pot. Have had very satisfactory cooking results from both stove top and oven. Homemade bread, pies & cakes turn out evenly baked and browned. I am overall quite satisfied with this purchase.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

This is the worse stove I've ever had. The computer always comes apart. You can't get the top to come up to clean. The burners are always plugged. The oven doesn't heat evenly. I don't like this stove.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Wow, so many similar stories here. Please call the consumer product safety commission and file reports to get this company reprimanded and these fire hazards addressed with a recall. Call 800-638-2772 or go to www.saferproducts.gov. My report number is **, but there were no others filed for the issue with these cooktops. The $1500 flat surface Frigidaire Professional Series cooktop caught fire after 6 yrs. This was the second issue we had with it. The first cost us 150 to fix, and is similar to what other people mentioned... burner powered up on its own and wouldn't shut down. We threw it out after the fire -- who wouldn't? The Frigidaire Professional Series wall oven has had a $400 repair twice, same repair. The repairman claims it's a bad design, only susceptible to Frigidaire wall ovens. Frigidaire offers no help.

I will never buy a product from this company or its subsidiaries again. We are praying the refrigerator holds out, also a Frigidaire Pro product. It has had issues with the water dispenser not working, but shutting it down and turning it back on seems to clear the problem. This has happened twice in the past few months. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Purchased stove 3/14, flat top, black. After just two years the black paint started to come off of the back control panel. This was with very minimal use, (one person) and following all cleaning instructions. I contacted Frigidaire to get a replacement panel. Originally told I had to pay full price. Finally reduced to 10% off. But I refused offer as I felt they should replace the part at no cost to me as I still had to pay to have the replacement part installed. And also because customer service rep told me that this was a known engineering problem.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

We purchase our slide in Gallery range almost 3 years ago. It was a good model and cost a fair amount of money. We had just remodeled our kitchen so decided to splurge. The oven racks have been collapsing when we put a pan on them. This happened again just before Christmas and caused an oven fire. Frigidaire would do nothing. I was told to call a service person. After one year there is no coverage. I would not recommend any Frigidaire product.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I own a 2004 Frigidaire slide in duel fuel stove. The model # is PLCS389DCB. I had used the stove the night before and turned it off after use. I woke up in the am to find the stove warm with the fan running. The stove controls were off. The only way to turn it off was to flip the breaker. I tried several times to turn the breaker back on but it heats and the fan runs. I think the product should be recalled. I'd worry about a house fire.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

Three years ago I remodeled my kitchen and purchased all Frigidaire appliances. Today I made the decision to place all appliances in my kitchen. The Frigidaire products have been poor operationally from day one. Will never buy another Frigidaire product. And will never recommend them. Also have written a letter to the dealer that sold me the appliances and have lodged a complaint and have recommend they no longer carry such an inferior product.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I purchased the Professional Series range and used it very little for about 2 years with no problems. I was awakened one morning around 2:30 am by a strong electrical smell and my eyes were watering. It was my stove - the left front burner was glowing red and the knob was in off position. I had NOT used the stove the prior day and could not turn it off. I had to turn the stove off at the breaker. I purchased at Lowe's and they advised me to contact Frigidaire. I tried and was continually passed to other numbers. Never spoke with Frigidaire. Now I read other reviews with the same problem. Frigidaire should recall these stoves. Does someone have to lose their life first? Frigidaire should be held accountable! I will never purchase Frigidaire or any other brand made by the same company. These are dangerous products!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I owned a self cleaning range. The digital control panel shorted out. Smoke coming from the back of stove. I phoned the help line for parts and they told me to unplug and call Frigidaire, which I did. Was told to send pictures, etc. and they would start a file. After over a month not hearing anything, I bought a different stove off of Kijiji, NOT a Frigidaire. How can you manage without a stove? Think they give you the runaround so you get disgusted and give up. P.s. stove I got was more sturdy and heavy duty anyways!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

We've had the unit for six months and one repair call and a second one pending... Who ever thinks about noise from a stove? The cooling fans generate 60dB noise at one meter. It disrupts conversation in our living room which is 40 feet away. How a name brand like Frigidaire can design a nice induction stove and go so cheap on the cooling fans is beyond me...

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Frigidaire Professional line ceramic top range: Caveat Emptor--- Buyer beware. This is not a professional appliance. You cannot use any pan other than a flat bottom pan and you cannot slide a pan on the surface of the cooktop otherwise it gets scratched all to hell. We have used ours less than 5 times and already it has scratches. We followed the directions as outlined in the owners manual and the ceramic cooktop portion of the range is getting scratches no matter how careful that we are when we cook on it. I can only imagine what this top will look like after a years use. It will not come clean with a hot soapy rag or sponge . Each time you use it you have to use a special cleaning agent and then rinse it clean and then buff it dry with a cloth.

Bottom line is that this appliance is not professional grade and scratches very easily. So if you want a piece of garbage Frigidaire is the way to go. We bought a whole kitchen full of appliances from RC Willey and they are all still under year 1 warranty and we are having problems with both the refrigerator and the ceramic top range. Neither RC Willey or Frigidaire will do anything to remedy the problem. So if I were you I would stay away from both companies because they take no responsibility when it comes to customer service and substandard products. Buyer Beware. Both these companies are trash.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I purchased this electric range in May, 18 days ago I called Frigidaire about one of the heating elements not working. A repairman came out to check it & apparently inside the range the wiring to the element had burned... So they have to order the part. Also was told NOT to use the stove at all cause of it still burning. I get a call 2 days later with them telling me I have to wait 7 to 10 days for the part! So what am I supposed to do till then? I have a family. I call Frigidaire & customer service tells me that I have to wait for the part & that I should deal with not having a stove till then? So I'm supposed to buy breakfast lunch & dinner everyday??!! Oh & if I want the part expedited that I have to PAY for that!!! I'm so mad!!! I will never purchase from Frigidaire again!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

This Frigidaire FFEF3018LB glass top stove was purchased 6/25/15 as a gift for me by my boyfriend. I was so excited as this expensive stove is something I could never and have never been able to purchase myself. I did not purchase an extended warranty as I did not even know it was available to me. On 8/27/16 I was cooking 2 pots on the stove top - one on the front left burner, one on the back right burner. The front pot was finished so as usual I took the pot off the stove and turned off the burner. About 5 minutes later, the other pot was finished so I did the same. About 10 minutes after turning off the stove, I heard a very loud pop and could not find the cause of it so I continued on with cleaning up the kitchen. After the hot indicator was off on the stove, I proceeded to begin cleaning off the stove top only to find that the glass top had broken. Spider cracked thru the front burner and the crack continued out to all of the other burners.

Needless to say, at this point I am devastated. Nothing was ever dropped on the top of the stove and I followed all the instructions since getting it for cleaning and what pots to use and not use. I called the place where the stove was purchased and they advised me not to worry - call back Monday morning when service is open. I call Monday morning to be told there isn't anything they can do as the warranty expired 2 months ago. They advised to call Electrolux/Frigidaire.

So I call them and explain the situation. The girl on the phone advised me that since the warranty expired 2 months ago it would be my responsibility to repair the stove and completely at my expense. I wish I had read these complaints/reviews prior to owning this stove. I have NEVER in my life been so disappointed and disgusted with a company. I can't understand how in the world they can justify selling junk at such a high price! NEVER again will I buy anything from this manufacturer... And I will advise everyone I know to steer clear of them as well!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

I first purchased range the next day I came down stairs the burner eye was on, but the knob was off. I could not get it to go off until I unplug the range. I call service they came out and replaced a panel. Later there was a recall and they came back out and put in a new part to prevent the burners from coming on. From the beginning I have been afraid to leave anything setting on the stove if I am not in the kitchen. Now there is a new problem, I was cooking breakfast and all at once I notice none of my burners are working, now there is fire sparking up the back of the stove, I turned the buttons off and pulled the stove out to unplug it and there is a hole burned through the back of the stove. See attachment.

I have Frigidaire; Frig microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer, along with this range. They had to replace my frig, because the wall inside the freezer cracked from back to door, replace the pump on washer because it cracked, service dishwasher because it leaked. So Frigidaire never has to worry about me buying their appliances again! I called in to consumer dept. Had to leave a message got no return call.

Original review: July 13, 2016

After having this cooktop in my new home for 18 months, it cracked across the top. Nothing was ever dropped on it and I kept it in pristine condition. We contacted both Frigidaire and an appliance repair company immediately. We also contacted Ferguson where it was purchased. Ferguson were no help. The appliance repair company cannot get the part. It has been on order for 32 days. We have also contacted Frigidaire and they haven't helped either. I can't recommend a company that sells an inferior product. I have been without a cooktop now for 32 days. We do not have a receipt because it was purchased through our contractor.

Original review: July 11, 2016

After owning Maytag appliances for years with zero problems, we thought we would go for cost savings and try Frigidaire for our new home. Huge mistake! We purchased them in August of 2015 and have had nothing but problems since. The handle on the oven continually makes its way loose and needs tightening to prevent it falling off. Recently, as I was taking a hot casserole out of the oven, the oven door literally completely fell apart! The handle and vent fell off of the door, the two panes of glass separated in different directions, bending the frame, and severely burning my arm as I juggled the casserole with a hot pane of glass on my feet!!

I called Frigidaire with my receipt, model & serial info, etc. They had the nerve to try selling me an extended warranty!! (It was still under the year warranty.) Eventually, they sent someone out to look at it. He informed me that the handle was cracked where the screws attach it. I then watched him bend the now weak metal frame back into place, screwed the cracked handle back on, etc. I asked him why he was putting parts back on that he himself had said were broken. He then informed me that replacing broken parts would be a waste of his time! This is the worst customer service that I have ever had to deal with and we will NEVER buy Frigidaire again. To top it all off, after he left, the vent at the bottom of the fridge fell off and won't go back on! I have no idea how this company can still be in business!!!

Original review: June 20, 2016

My dad lives in an elderly community and is not to be left alone. His apartment is furnished with Frigidaire appliances. I was cooking for him on June 6, 2016 when the eye of the stove broke into while I was heating a skillet of cooking oil. The electricity was arching and cut a hole in the skillet, when the oil hit the electric oil, fire blowed back and burned my face and shoulder. Like I said before, this happened in an elderly community. What if this had happened to one of the elderly handicap residents. I am so glad it wasn't! I just don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Frigidaire Electric Ranges Company Information