Frigidaire Electric Ranges

Frigidaire Ranges

3.8/5 (660 ratings)

About Frigidaire Ranges

Frigidaire Electric Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

No one was in the room at the time when this happened except for myself hand washing bottles when the oven door smashed itself out in the front. Glass everywhere. I have a 10 month old and a 5 year old in a different room. The company won't replace their mistake. Don't buy. Keep your family safe.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

The way you can tell about how good a company is how they handle issues that come up. I understand that things can happen. But a reasonable company would resolve those issues fairly. That is not the case here. My 84 year old mom who is an outstanding cook finally got her dream kitchen and decided to put it a Frigidaire wall oven. Within a few months the lining of the range began to peel off, not just a few flakes, the entire lining. After numerous calls over months a service repair man requested by Frigidaire came out and said it was not repairable and needed to be replaced.

Several more phone later and they could not locate the report that was sent in by the service man. So many excuses. "The system was down" said Ethan multiple times we called. Then they couldn't locate the report. Another month later November 1, 2022 Anne ** says she finally found report and we could move forward with replacement. An email would confirm this. It never came. November 16, Dequan said he couldn't find any report. He said to contact Tech Line. November 22, 2022 spoke with Jeff who said none of this was covered by warranty. That it was just cosmetic. He said "it still works doesn't it?" When asked to speak with a supervisor he said no, there was nothing they could do. Called back to get a different representative and they said a supervisor would call back. Guess what....still no call.

BTW, the service company said they emailed all the information multiple times to Frigidaire each time they said it was lost. So this is how they treat you. They got my mom's money so no one cares. Ethan, Anne **, Dequan, and Jeff don't care, it's not their mom. Can't even get to a supervisor or a return call. Frigidaire is worse than Comcast and that is saying a lot. Horrible product and worse customer service.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

First range was delivered damaged. Second one doesn’t work properly (smokes, turns off during cooking) and I have been dealing with them for 2 months trying to get it fixed. The supervisors hang up on you. They don’t even know how to do their jobs. I will never buy a Frigidaire appliance of any kind ever again based on the lack of customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Bought the Frigidaire smooth top electric range in white a year and a half ago. The white glass door gets too hot and/or the quality of the material used on the door does not hold up to the heat. I started to get ugly brown burn marks on the outer part of the oven door and right under the left stove knob where the steam vent is located. The outside of the door gets unusually hot, and the burn marks get darker and darker. Also, the on light will not turn off so my oven/stove always looks on, and I must feel for the heat to make sure it is truly off.

Lastly, a few days ago, the oven handle completely fell off. I can't tell if the heat compromised its integrity or if the plastic is just too cheap and the screw eventually wore it down. We have been very gentle on the stove. These issues are potentially very dangerous and very disappointing of Frigidaire after only a year and a half of gentle use. Customer service only schooled me on how I don't deserve any compensation because I did not buy the extended warranty. They couldn't have cared less about the safety issues.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

The oven on my Frigidaire stove exploded. I had just turned it on (5min) if that. Glass went everywhere and it threw glass everywhere in my kitchen including all over me. I called customer service and the man took some information and transferred me to a vet RUDE woman who said my stove was not registered. I told her my mother had purchased it for me as a gift less than a year ago. She said I need to contact a repair service. I said, "Is it still under warranty?" She said NO and hung up. I didn’t get to do their call survey as I requested either due to the disconnect. I went to review them on their website and it won’t let you review. So, I did a search for their physical address and filed a complaint in BBB. Do not buy any of their products.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

The stove I bought has been a disappointment from the beginning. A small pot of water takes minutes to boil. Cleaning is difficult: it looks always greasy and dirty. Terrible material. One of the burner is not working anymore. The grill is below which is difficult to place a tray or something to grill; you risk to burn yourself. I will never purchase a Frigidaire. Ever.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

My stove is 1 year and 2 months old. The glass blew out of the stove when doing the self cleaning. Thankfully no one was hurt. I called company and they said they can't help because of the warranty was out dated. This should be automatically covered because it is a safety issue.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

The oven which was not used for two days just randomly shattered spitting glass pieces everywhere in the kitchen. Someone could have been seriously injured if they were around. Based on some research, this is a common defect and very dangerous. This happened about two years after purchasing it and my warranty won't cover it but the company does not care about the dangerous aspect of seriously injuring consumers and about recalling it. Purchase their stove at your own risk.

Original review: July 28, 2022

It was a great range, but just one year and one month after purchasing this range, it stopped working. Frigidaire won't respond to messages sent through the "Contact Us" section on the website and no one will pick up the telephone either. Convenient how it broke just after the manufacturer warranty was up. Never buying Frigidaire products again.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I have a Frigidaire range that is 4 years old. The glass in the oven door exploded a couple of nights ago. Literally exploded with a bang that sounded like a gunshot, and sprayed glass all over my kitchen. The glass even flew as far as my living room. I have contacted Frigidaire and they said that since it’s out of warranty, it’s my responsibility to pay for repairs for “functional failures.” A functional failure. That’s how they describe part of their oven exploding all over my kitchen. Do not purchase products from this company. They are unsafe. And obviously Frigidaire doesn’t care of their products are dangerous to consumers.

Frigidaire Electric Ranges Company Information