Frigidaire Electric Ranges
1.38/5
  • 1 star
Based on 221 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Frigidaire Ranges

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 12, 2018

356 Frigidaire Electric Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchase my home on or about May 2017 in Las Vegas Nevada. It came with a Frigidaire electrical stove model number FGES3045KBA and while I was cooking last night the right front burner exploded under my pot causing an extremely loud sound. A piece came out hitting fortunately encrusting itself under the pot luckily. As the rest of the right side was cracked! I just finished talking to Note id ** on the phone. She said she was the person in charge on making decisions as if the product replaced or not. She offer 20 percent on parts stating that that was the best and only solution available over not only defective product but an extreme DANGEROUS PRODUCT. BE AWARE OF their products.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

We purchased a Frigidaire double wall oven in 2013. Recently used the self clean feature only to find the floor or bottom of the top oven had a slit or crack exposing the coil below. I called the Frigidaire Mfg. and have to say the first Rep was very helpful... My return call to add information met me with a rude, inconsiderate, arrogant corporate supervisor by the name of Shanell. This Rep was unwilling to admit the self clean feature was the cause of the now defective oven after 4 years of ownership. Insisted I would need to pay for a new oven because the oven "liner" is no longer available. Said I would need a service call at my expense. Whom I did call and he felt he would tell me the same thing (liner discontinued) if he made the service call but charge for the call. Very poor customer service from my perspective. She indicated there was nowhere else to take my complaint. Totally disgusted!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Numerous problems with this unit (Frigidaire Electric Range PLEFMZ99CD), Spent over $500 on repairs and still has issues. The latest one is 2 of the burners will come on automatically without even turning the Range on. This is definitely is a fire hazard. You can be away from your home and the burners will automatically come on. Numerous calls to Frigidaire and no help from them at all. Be aware of buying Frigidaire product.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Customer service - There is none!!! They sent a technician after I complained about a stain UNDER the glass cooktop on a brand new stove. The technician agreed and supposedly sent in a report. After MANY unanswered calls and promises, a different tech sent in a report negating what the first tech told me. He wasn't even here - never looked at my stove. Looked them up on BBB and they got an F!! Told Frigidaire and they did nothing about it. They still use an F rated technician for their products. UNBELIEVABLE. Needless to say I'm stuck with this but I certainly wont buy another Frigidaire product and of course, have told all my friends and even acquaintances. That's what they think of their customers... trusting an unreliable source to maintain their appliances!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

This is the worst range (Frigidaire FGES3065PF) I've ever owned. Spews smoke whenever convection is on. Cooktop always looks dirty and is difficult to clean. On my previous KitchenAid convection range this was never a problem after 16 years. This cooktop is already scratched after a year. Cooking in the oven may as well be an unvented wood stove. Have to open all windows while using it. Consider taking up smoking. Less impact.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have never had to call a company to use a warranty and now I know why everyone says it’s not worth the trouble. This started early October 2017, I was using my barely 8 month old glass stove top (Frigidaire LFEF3017LBD) when there was a loud pop and then a cracking sound. I looked at my kids, they looked at me, and then I looked at my cooktop. I walked over and lifted a saucepan, and sure enough there was a huge crack in the glass. I had never seen a glass cooktop crack from cooking on it. Dropping something on it, sure because that is what you think when someone says their glass top cracked. Now I know differently. I instantly called Lowe’s who gave me the number to Frigidaire and said that it was still under the manufacturer’s warranty and they will have it fixed right away. I was so excited but now I have to laugh at my own naivety. Sure, the customer service was nice when I called and instantly set up a repairman to come out.

So I waited through the weekend, waited the entire Monday for someone, anyone to show up. No one did. Called Frigidaire back, couldn’t get through because their phones were down due to “training.” Ugh. So I waited another day, called and they apologized and set up another service date a week later with a different repairman. Waited and waited, not using the stove because I wanted the repairman to see exactly what it looked like when it broke, so we were relegated to microwave stuff and sandwiches, didn’t want to use the oven in case that could cause further damage. I know it most likely wouldn’t but I was in a weird predicament and didn’t want to make anything worse, just in case.

So my new appointment came up and once again, no one showed up! Called Frigidaire, after calling the repairman - who told me there was no record of any service order from Frigidaire - and told them what I was told, so they called them themselves as I waited on hold, then was told that Frigidaire was not going about setting up a service order properly. Ugh. So, they apparently set it up correctly, but after a few more days and a repairman not showing up again, the repair company said they still had not received ANYTHING from Frigidaire. Called back, said well let’s see if this works? Seriously? What kind of company can not follow simple directions to properly set up a service call?

Two days later, a repairman called to see if he could come out - the repairman from the very first call I made who didn’t show up because Frigidaire called and cancelled the service call that Monday morning, are you freaking kidding me? So he comes out checks out my stove, he can clearly see the glass is cracked from underneath not from the cooking service, he can also see that the coils are NOT centered where they should be. He tells me that they will mostly claim I caused the damage since they never actually fix anything just say they will and then he is out the money for the part! What!?! He explains he will have to wait to get the money to do the repair before he will order the part since they are known to NOT pay for the repair work.

After waiting over a month I get a call from my repairman and says they need pictures for their technicians to give him an answer. I quickly go and take as many pictures as I can, showing the offset coils and the crack. A day later I get a call and say my claim was denied because the technician said it was caused by something dropped on it!!! I’m so mad I could spit! I then went and called Frigidaire and guess what? Another “training day” and no customer service or help of any kind! I go online and try to message them through their Facebook page, was answered by a “chat bot!” So mad. I called this morning and was told they would not send out for a second opinion because THEIR technician said he would give the same no to the repair!

I’m so angry that a company who says they pride themselves on great products and customer service has called me a liar and since I have no video of me cooking that night (who would?), I have no proof that I’m telling the truth! I know some people call in fake repairs and stuff, but why are the honest consumers penalized for that? What kind of company doesn’t back up their product? What kind of company tells their customer that they are a liar and it couldn’t be their faulty craftsmanship but by you doing something wrong? I hope this helps someone to choose a different product to buy. If anyone has advice to help me that would be appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

In Dec, 2007 I purchased a Frigidaire Prof. Series Electric Range, in looking back at this I'm finding it was one of the biggest "purchase" mistakes I have ever made!! In 2009 I received a recall notice regarding the cooktop burners failing to turn off, after being switched off! A couple wks ago I had used the self clean feature and was wiping out the bottom of the stove afterwards when I noticed "holes" in the bottom of the oven under the racks! I wasn't sure that's what it was, but later on when I had the oven on, I noticed the "red" from the heat element showing thru the holes!!!

I immediately emailed Frigidaire, and tried to get thru to them about the holes in the oven, and they just weren't getting it!! She kept talking about the rust in the bottom and was not acknowledging the "holes"! She told me I could purchase a new piece for the oven; but my worry is a safety issue and if they'd received any other "complaints" about this... Of course I never did get a response on that! I did use the oven last night and found that the outside of the stove was VERY HOT! I don't think I'm going to use it anymore until I can figure out what to do...

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

This range looks great. The burner in the middle is a great addition. The big problem I have with this range, is the oven. I have had it looked at twice because it does not keep a constant temperature. I was told that it fluctuates. Well, that is no good when you are trying to bake and need a constant temperature. I don't think I would buy this product again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

A ceramic top has to be cleaned every time you use it. You have to clean it to perfection. Last you spray it with vinegar to get rid of any oil residue. Also, never shop at Lowe's. Had to return a 4th oven since it was usually bent or badly scratched. They never inspect it before it leaves the shop. Or trying to get over on you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Purchase gallery Frigidaire stove Dec 2014. Stove installed March 2015. Motherboard eoc board had to be replace twice in two years each time after self cleaning. Frigidaire will not take any reasonability for a default in their product. The stove will run hot. Will not turn off without turning of the main breaker. This stove is a dangerous fire hazard and should be recalled. Model cgef3055mf serial number vs-449-78499. Cost of repair $500 for eoc and probe however this does not fix the issue with the stove, the issue is you cannot self clean this stove without blowing the eoc board and potential causing a fire.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We bought our range a little over two years ago. We were preparing our Thanksgiving dinner. The front board said f10 which I'm assuming means fire. There were flames coming from the front, my husband quickly pulled the stove out and unplugged It. I'm thankful we were all in the kitchen when this happened or it could have started a house fire. We are now cooking our Thanksgiving dinner outside in the barbecue. I have never seen anything like this and I am quite sure I won't be purchasing another Frigidaire in the future. My husband took the back panel off and the motherboard was still smoking. Not a happy customer.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Bought a Frigidaire stove Feb 2016 from Lowe's in Knoxville TN. with an extended warranty. On August 24, 2017 the oven starting overheating the entire top and back of stove, it will burn to touch it, and is getting my wall behind stove hot. Lowe's warranty has sent 2 techs to check. They are not wanting to give me a replacement plan because: The techs called Frigidaire and they told the techs, there was no limitations as to much heat the oven could heat top and back of stove, said it could heat up to 165 degrees (which is very dangerous, and the techs also agreed). Frigidaire also told techs that it is working fine and there was no repair for it. So now I am fighting with Lowe's warranty service to get a stove. I have been given the runaround. I have seen on internet where a lot of Frigidaire stoves were recalled due to overheating.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

My Frigidaire Electric Range is awesome! I love the fact that it's a smooth top and very easy to keep clean. Less work for me whooope!!! I would highly recommend my Frigidaire Range to everyone who loves to cook.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Yesterday I was attempting to bake a cheesecake for the first time in my Frigidaire Gallery oven at 325 degrees. I have baked many cheesecakes over the years in my Whirlpool oven without any issues. Smoke started to come out of the vent and filled my kitchen. I took the cheesecake out of the oven and noted a small puddle in the bottom of the oven. The liquid appeared clear and smelled like lighter fluid. I turned the oven off and saturated a towel with cold water to attempt to clean the liquid up. I did not find any leakage from the cheesecake pan and the cheese did not overflow. Not sure where the fluid came from.

Anyway, I cleaned it up as best I could and placed aluminum foil over the area so I could continue to bake my cake and in case there was leakage from the pan. I turned the oven back on to 325 degrees and went to grab the cheesecake and the oven caught fire. Smoke went everywhere. I immediately closed the door and the fire dissipated. I opened the windows and door and turned on the ceiling fan because the smoke was intolerable. Later, after the oven cooled I removed the foil and found it scorched. There is a crusty substance burned on the oven floor. I called Frigidaire customer service today who made it seem like an oven fire is normal and they recommended I get someone to look at it at my expense. The appliance is just under 3 years old. I will never buy or recommend Frigidaire to anyone. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Had a Kenmore Elite dual fuel range which is made by Frigidaire. At year 3, one of the control panels caught on fire. Smoke was pouring out of the back of the range. I turned it off and had it repaired at a cost of $350. Year 7: The oven keeps turning itself off with the code ERR. Repairman said $400-500 to repair including parts, because one or more control panels are going bad, and to throw this piece of junk away. Pretty disappointed in the lack of longevity of this unit, and that they obviously sourced cheap control panels.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

This range was the worst buying experience. Plain and simply put. The cooktop works, but the oven has never worked... period. I had a repair service come out 3 times to try and troubleshoot the reason why it would cut off after exactly 40 minutes of cooking in the oven. It always presented an F20 error code. They replaced the motherboard two times and it still would not work. The repair company told me that I would have to start replacing each knob electronic control until the one causing the problem was found. They told me that I would have too much money into the repair, and I was better off just going and buying a new range. I never used the oven. I have a brand new in appearance range, that I cannot even give away at this point. It cost me around 1400.00, and now I get to go and buy another range.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Standing at Lowe's looking at great sale price on this range. Decided to check out reviews. Look at me... Walking away. Thanks to all who took the time to share their bad experience with this product.

Original review: June 22, 2017

The Frigidaire electronic board for the flat top ovens is not well made. I have had problems with the electronic board since I purchased it. Every time I boil something the steam affects the board and does not display for an hour, this last time it permanently shut down. Frigidaire was no help because the oven was a year old and their answer was to buy a $200 extended warranty. If buying Frigidaire ovens, don't boil anything that creates steam or buy the manual stove without electronics.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Frigidaire induction cooktop has cracked from left to right. Replacement cost $300 + Service. 2 hours after using the range we heard a loud bang in the kitchen and at the time could not find out where the noise came from. The next day when we went to use the cooktop we discovered that the top had cracked. Nothing had been dropped on the surface and we were very careful wiping the surface after cooking. The Electric range was purchased October 07 2015. Only 19 months old and for the price we paid we are very disappointed. When we first had the unit delivered we had to get a repair done on it as the fans were vibrating. I will never buy another item from Frigidaire again.

Original review: June 7, 2017

2 new digital control baking display circuit boards in 2 years. Absolutely the worst appliance that I have purchased in my life. Frigidaire as a company knows that they have an engineering problem with poor circuit board quality and durability but prefers to just give lip service when the part is $300 plus each time. Run from any Frigidaire appliance when you hear the name, I will. Never will I purchase any appliance with a Frigidaire label attached... Thanks for your very poor quality product and excuses that represent horrendous customer service! Nightmare appliance that has caused our family much hassle with time, repair and excessive part cost. Be advised folks - NEVER FRIGIDAIRE, even if someone gives it to you...

Original review: April 29, 2017

Can't recommend Frigidaire. Oven has been a problem several times, usually control panel issue (replaced twice). Think I'll just get regular old analog controlled stuff from now on. Digital controls not robust, weak, poorly made, expensive to replace. Warranties lousy.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Bought my electric range a few years ago. Got a great deal on a discontinued model. Love the ceramic top -- easy to clean, although it no longer looks just like new. Stove top and oven work fine and I do a lot of cooking and baking. It's simple to use. Don't like appliances with too many features that make them complicated to operate. Must hold the temperature well because baked goods always get done in the amount of time recommended in the recipe. Love that it's white too. Looks so nice and bright.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Bought a new Frigidaire Gallery Electric Range through Sears. The top on the front side was held down by one screw partially stuck in at an angle with only the tip of the screw barely holding. 4 of 5 screws were missing. Contacted customer service and they requested photos. Got a reply back saying the supervisor had reviewed it and determined it was a "use and care issue" and not their problem. Unbelievable! Wrote back with more details and asked that they consider this again. Nothing! This was obviously an assembly line/quality inspection issue. Do you really want to buy Electrolux products?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Purchased this Frigidaire CFEF3018LW in October 2016 from Sears (where it was on sale). Having checked out several brands, decided this was best value for my needs. It offered a 53" self-cleaning oven with large window view. Stove top featured two 6" elements, another which converts to either 6" or 9", and a large 12" element. The 12" element is great for a regular frying pan, wok, or a large pot. Have had very satisfactory cooking results from both stove top and oven. Homemade bread, pies & cakes turn out evenly baked and browned. I am overall quite satisfied with this purchase.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

This is the worse stove I've ever had. The computer always comes apart. You can't get the top to come up to clean. The burners are always plugged. The oven doesn't heat evenly. I don't like this stove.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Wow, so many similar stories here. Please call the consumer product safety commission and file reports to get this company reprimanded and these fire hazards addressed with a recall. Call 800-638-2772 or go to www.saferproducts.gov. My report number is **, but there were no others filed for the issue with these cooktops. The $1500 flat surface Frigidaire Professional Series cooktop caught fire after 6 yrs. This was the second issue we had with it. The first cost us 150 to fix, and is similar to what other people mentioned... burner powered up on its own and wouldn't shut down. We threw it out after the fire -- who wouldn't? The Frigidaire Professional Series wall oven has had a $400 repair twice, same repair. The repairman claims it's a bad design, only susceptible to Frigidaire wall ovens. Frigidaire offers no help.

I will never buy a product from this company or its subsidiaries again. We are praying the refrigerator holds out, also a Frigidaire Pro product. It has had issues with the water dispenser not working, but shutting it down and turning it back on seems to clear the problem. This has happened twice in the past few months. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Purchased stove 3/14, flat top, black. After just two years the black paint started to come off of the back control panel. This was with very minimal use, (one person) and following all cleaning instructions. I contacted Frigidaire to get a replacement panel. Originally told I had to pay full price. Finally reduced to 10% off. But I refused offer as I felt they should replace the part at no cost to me as I still had to pay to have the replacement part installed. And also because customer service rep told me that this was a known engineering problem.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

We purchase our slide in Gallery range almost 3 years ago. It was a good model and cost a fair amount of money. We had just remodeled our kitchen so decided to splurge. The oven racks have been collapsing when we put a pan on them. This happened again just before Christmas and caused an oven fire. Frigidaire would do nothing. I was told to call a service person. After one year there is no coverage. I would not recommend any Frigidaire product.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I own a 2004 Frigidaire slide in duel fuel stove. The model # is PLCS389DCB. I had used the stove the night before and turned it off after use. I woke up in the am to find the stove warm with the fan running. The stove controls were off. The only way to turn it off was to flip the breaker. I tried several times to turn the breaker back on but it heats and the fan runs. I think the product should be recalled. I'd worry about a house fire.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

Three years ago I remodeled my kitchen and purchased all Frigidaire appliances. Today I made the decision to place all appliances in my kitchen. The Frigidaire products have been poor operationally from day one. Will never buy another Frigidaire product. And will never recommend them. Also have written a letter to the dealer that sold me the appliances and have lodged a complaint and have recommend they no longer carry such an inferior product.

Frigidaire Electric Ranges Company Information

Frigidaire
1918
www.frigidaire.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use