Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

389 Frigidaire Electric Ranges Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

A little over two years ago we purchased a Frigidaire electric range. Like other reviewers on this site we are experiencing the continuous beeping and the F11 error message. We arranged service through our local merchant and were informed it's going to be approximately $300 to fix the product that we paid $699 for. Outrageous! Never again will we purchase a Frigidaire product.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I bought a Frigidaire oven range, model CGEF3039RF, in November 2016. In the first year, I had to get it fixed twice for the same problem. The range would start beeping and show error message F11. Immediately, the range had to be unplugged to stop the beeping and plugging it back in after a number of hours did not help. So, the oven and stovetop were unusable until repaired. The repairman said moisture was getting into the touchpad at the back of the stovetop. Like everyone else, we boil water and other wet things on the stove! The second time the repairman came, he replaced the touchpad. He also installed a filter to protect against power outages. Interestingly, he said that if the touchpad showed the F11 error message again, it would indicate the same problem and that it should be covered by the warranty.

Now, in July 2019, we got the same beeping and error message and had to once again unplug the range. Because we bought the range and the extended warranty from Sears, there is now no effective warranty from Sears. Yet, this range is clearly a lemon. Indications are that it will need the same repair and possible touchpad replacement, every year or two. Each time, we will be without a usable range for a week or two--the time it takes to get a repair person in to diagnose the problem, to order and receive the parts from Frigidaire/Electrolux, and a subsequent repair visit to install the new parts. And according to the appliance repair company, a touchpad costs roughly $200, and labour another few hundred dollars.

After a long, frustrating conversation with someone at Frigidaire, a senior manager offered me a discount of 50% on parts needed for this repair as a "goodwill gesture." She said that despite the same problem arising, the range was not covered by any warranty. She also suggested getting Frigidaire's extended warranty ($89/year--not sure if this includes parts) so I could save money on repairs! This is what is called throwing good money after bad. It seems that we can expect this oven range to crap out every year or two because the touchpad is so poorly designed that it crashes when damp. If we buy the extended warranty from Frigidaire, can we bill them for a couple of weeks' worth of take-out food every time we have to get the range fixed?!

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Just like at least two other listed experiences, the handle fell off our oven door. The handle doesn’t just open the door, it holds the door together and when it comes off everything comes apart! This is a handle design that never should have left the drawing board. The coarse thread screws only insert one or two threads into the plastic handle, assuring a very short lifespan. It is a particularly dangerous experience when you happen to be in the middle of baking something. Does this suggest a product recall or class action? This is not a cosmetic issue as one reviewer was told. This is an out and out hazard!

Original review: June 27, 2019

My Frigidaire electric range shocked the daylights out of me and scared me so much I just want to throw it away. The callous attitude of a person named Melissa who claimed to be a corporate manager was another shock. I can not believe she simply didn't care what my experience was. It is still under warranty so they offered to replace the wire that shocked me. Like that would make me trust it again. Never did she even apologize for my frightful experience. I will replace with another brand out of my pocket and be finished with them forever. Btw, I own 2 refrigerators, a deep freezer, dishwasher, microwave and this range...all Frigidaire but never again will they make a cent from me. I strongly recommend any brand over Electrolux. They don't care.

Original review: June 16, 2019

We have had 2 stoves in 40 years. We finally bought a replacement. Wanted a self cleaning electric stove with coils. Nothing fancy. Flat top doesn’t work for this family with 4 adults. Purchase was easy. Delivery was great. But now that I have it I wish I’d kept the old one with the broken handle, cracked window oven and lights that no longer worked. You can feel the quality just isn’t there. No plug outlets. Can’t keep any spices on top or they fall off when you walk by. Already a chip in the enamel. No light at top of stove which is ok as I have a fan above it with a light. Delivered on Wednesday and this is Sunday. So used it for most of 5 days. Wouldn’t buy it again. There has to be something better out there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: June 2, 2019

So we had a GE double oven that came with the house and after 15 years it died... Control board. So we were going from white to stainless and liked the look of the "gallery" and bought it in 2015. So this year my wife started complaining about the oven temperature not seeming right and showed me that the setpoint did not match the thermometer she had inside the oven by 50 degrees. So we started researching and were told to re-calibrate the oven. This worked as far as adjusting the oven to match the setpoint but the oven still drifted down to 300 on a 350 setpoint. Top and bottom ovens behaved the same. So did more research and were told that, "Gee could be the thermocouple, the control board, the display control board."

And so we started replacing them and $400 later (parts only) the oven is even worse. The new Electrolux parts are no better than the ones we had. Of course the company we bought them through says they will not refund our money but they guarantee the parts. We said, "Fine send us all new parts", and they said they couldn't do that either. So we went to start looking for a new oven and found websites saying that our oven... that can't hold temperature +/- 20 degrees F is the No. 1 or No. 2 oven on the market. We will keep shopping to find some credible source of information. At this point it isn't about cost. We just want a good one that will last 15 years like the old GE did.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I've had numerous problems with this stove since I purchased it in 2018. First, the burners keep turning off when I'm cooking. This makes it hard to cook stir fry and spaghetti dishes. My noodles always stick together because the burner keeps turning off during boiling. I now cook with all the burners on, so when one goes out, I move to one that is on. Can I turn this Off/On feature off? The other problem is shortly after I bought the stove. The handle on the oven door fell off. We tried to screw it back on, but the screw was so short and the hole was stripped. We rigged the handle the best we could. Overall, this stove is not a well designed product or a quality product. This is definitely a purchase I regret and since I don't have the budget to buy another stove, I'll have to live with this one.

Original review: May 13, 2019

The oven heats hotter than the temperature would indicate making baking a "challenge" at the very least; my first attempt was a failure. When the oven is on, the stovetop gets hot & sometimes steams. The self-cleaning oven IS NOT! (and that's one of the main reasons I bought a new stove 2 years ago). I'm trying the clean cycle a second time in a row but I'm not hopeful.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I love my new Frigidaire range. It's simple and easy to use. The coil elements heat up quickly. The bottom element in the oven has a cover so the heat is more even and no hot spots. I love the fan in the back, it keeps oven temperature even and cooks the food more quickly. It's easy to clean and I like the digital clock and timer. It's pretty simple, pretty basic and works well!

Original review: April 16, 2019

We purchased a home that had this oven in it. The oven was brand new. After 9 months of use, there was an electrical smell and smoke coming from the back. The wires had BURNT through so they weren't even connected anymore. The appliance wires had been factory installed INCORRECTLY. There is a diagram to the left and in the user manual which shows what the 3 wire connection is supposed to look like. It is in color even. The wires were connected to the incorrect positions in 4 places.

I called Frigidaire. They said the warranty is non-transferable. We didn't purchase the unit so it is no longer under warranty. In addition, we would have to pay an out of pocket expense to get a verified technician to come out and diagnose it. Then, if he found that the oven was the problem (and it wasn't anything we did on a factory installed part??), Frigidaire would pay for 50% of the replacement parts. Not even the labor to replace the parts.

This was a 9 month old $750 oven. If I hadn't been in the kitchen, I honestly think something would have caught on fire. I had turned my back to it to cut a vegetable and by the time I turned around, there was electrical smoke everywhere. After quickly turning the oven off, we had to open the windows to get the smell and smoke out.

This is horrible customer service. I even spoke with a corporate supervisor named Larry. He was nice enough - but Frigidaire cannot honestly think it's okay to sell defective ranges and then not replace them or refund them. In actuality, I'm thankful I'm not getting another Frigidaire. I'd rather not burn down my house. Do yourself a favor and do not buy a Frigidaire appliance. Take my word for it.

Frigidaire Electric Ranges Company Information