Frigidaire Electric Ranges

• 16%
  • 1%
  • 58%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2014

On 9-10-14 I heated the oven to 400 degrees to bake bread. The oven did not shut off and suddenly there was a loud bang with sparks coming from the stove and all the power in the house was shut off. I had to call the electric company out to restore the power and they helped me move the stove which was still hot and unplug it from the wall. Now I have to purchase another stove and it will not be a Frigidaire. After reading all the other complaints, I was fortunate to be home or else I would have find the house burned down.

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2014

A few weeks ago my frigidaire glass top randomly starting turning on. After a little research I discovered a recall on my model. Contacting customer service and they sent me a kit in the mail and told me who to call and give the authorization code to get it fixed at no charge to me. The company came out and replaced the parts and everything seemed to work right. A few days into cooking on it I noticed that the burners were getting hotter than ever before. I assumed the shortage had caused the burners to not get hot enough and continued to cook on the stove. Less than 2 weeks after getting my stove "fixed" I was cooking dinner for my family when I heard a loud popping noise. The glass top now has a crack from one side to the other, from what I can only assume was because it got too hot. Called frigidaire and they told me that there was nothing they could do. Ridiculous.

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2014

Frigidaire Smoothtop stove - Bought this stove in 2003. Loved it, never had any issues until Aug 23, 2014 around 1:00 in the morning - my family awoke to the sound of fire alarms going off. The house was engulfed in smoke. In trying to get out we could see the lock mode on the display indicating that the cleaning mode was on - REALLY in the middle of the night. Thank GOD we were able to get out. We had to throw the breaker to turn off the stove. I understand that things break and quit working, but for an inanimate object to turn itself on, in CLEANING MODE of all things, in the middle of the night that’s just crazy. I have owned a few stoves in my lifetime but never had one that could work itself most just simply go out quietly. THIS ONE TRIED TO KILL MY WHOLE FAMILY. THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD! Serial #VF31230696, Model FEF365BWC - replaced heating element in March 2009.

PriceStaff

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I inherited a less than 4 year old gas stove top from the previous owner of the house. It happens to be their professional series. Which I see costs 2-4x as much as their regular stove tops. Suffice to say, there's a major design flaw that no one on their design or QA team noticed. Did they not have people cooking on these for a period of time before going into production? The burners are all too close to the knobs. Over time and sometimes very shortly, the knobs will all start melting for deforming in some fashion. This is especially true for the larger burner that is in the lower right corner.

I am absolutely shocked and appalled that something like this went through the design and QA process without someone seeing it. On top of that, all the replacement knobs I could find cost over $15 each. But, what's the use of replacing them because they will all eventually (sooner) melt again? Save your money, don't go for such poor quality/design.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Have been having this issue for several months now; only to find the burner NOT working (at all) last evening. With the older model of stove/range unit - I assumed a burner problem or a minor electrical short somewhere. I grew more 'bothered' when I see many other(s) have same problem with their units as it may be a MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT - not a minor isolated incident with the unit (not withstanding age (6+ yrs)). As I have read the reviews - I will seek estimate for the appliance repair but will think long and hard before repair is completed on this unit. Please note - we do not use the UNIT that often to find an urgent need for repair/replacement. I just want an accurate assessment/evaluation of the situation before jumping. Yes, our area is also known for BROWNOUTS and/or POWER SURGES so that is not aiding in evaluation. Please advise accordingly. Thank you for your courtesy.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Was cooking on the stove about a week ago. Bought the one with the two large burners up front and two small at back. The left hand burner when turned on took a while to get hot. Then it just keep getting hotter and hotter. Took pan off the stove and turned off burner. It would NOT turn off. It keep getting hotter. It got the reddest red I have ever seen, and then just popped and cracked all the glass on the stove. Where it had gotten so hot it also sank on that side of the stove. Called to talk to representative of the company and was told they could not help us and they never had a problem with any of their stoves. Called Lowe's where we bought it and was told they had had other complaints but that the company itself is responsible. We also informed them we were considering a lawsuit. This could have burnt our home down. If you have one of these stoves DO NOT leave Your Children to cook on them when alone. And also keep check on all elderly who have one of these stoves. Ours has been replaced with Maytag.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have a new stove (ele.) and fridge (less than a year old). My fridge makes crazy sounds, then no noise at all. I'm so worried my compressor will go out. Repair man came out twice, said that was normal. He knew the first time he came out, everything in my freezer was melting. 'Oh' well he did something, then it was working again. But 2nd time he came, he said noise was ok... My stove gets so hot on the outside when I have the oven on, you could burn your hand by touching the side or top. And when the broiler is on, it smells like burning wire. Hope my grandbaby don't touch the stove! Thank you for listening.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We purchased the oven CGEF3032MBC in April of 2012 and have had to change the control panel two times. With a family of five, being without an oven for anywhere between 2 and 4 weeks is unacceptable. We have always had Frigidaire appliances and been satisfied until now. Have since purchased a new fridge and dishwasher and went with a different company. :-(

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We purchased a home with this stove in it. Right away we noticed a problem the inspector missed. The front left element would only heat to high no matter the dial setting. A week or two later, while cooking, a white flash emitted from the back of the stove with a big zap sound. The element immediately died. Now a year later, the right front element is beginning to act the same way. About 50% of the time, the element works fine. The other 50%, it will heat to high or off. Reading all these other posts has me scared. Frigidaire will be the next GM if they don't start recalling these ovens. I had no idea of the added risk of the elements going on randomly. I will never put anything on my cooktop again! Saving for a new/different brand of stove!

Price

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I bought a Frigidaire electric range in 2010, and since then, I have had the circuit board replaced 3 times. That's 3 replacements in 4 years. The only right thing I did when I purchased this range was buying a 5 years extended warranty, so, so far none of the repair has cost me money. However, I know this range's life is only going to be maybe a year or two longer, because by the Aug. 2015, my warranty runs out. I don't know what I am going to do with this range. So much for a $1000 range. I will never buy Frigidaire again. I hope someone will help us consumers.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've had my electric range for four years and had the door replaced twice while under warranty. Today I was cooking and heard a pop and it stopped working. The display and oven controls will only turn on when the burner is turned on but even then, the lights work but nothing heats up. No burners, no oven. Nothing! I wish I had read reviews before I bought it, will never buy a Frigidaire again! They tell me it's not under warranty anymore but I can have a service tech come and fix it at my expense!!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Can't use oven. Also, I was never notified of gasket recall & spent over $300 which they won't reimburse me for due to failed controls. The one authorized repair company doesn't return calls. I think Frigidaire is a Mickey Mouse company!!!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Re: Frigidaire smooth cook top Mod FPEC3685K5A Ser # NF93533847. Purchased on 11-28-2009. On June 1st, 2014 the cook top was off and wife outside in yard. When she came in she smelled smoke, and making her way to the kitchen found smoke billowing out from under the Frigidaire Cook top... also saw that the element between the two burners that is part of the "griddle" burners was glowing brightly on the left side.

She went outside and turned off the main breaker, shutting down the whole house, called 911, and the Phx Fire Dept arrived and checked things. The fire was contained inside the circuit board shielding under the control knobs on the right side of the cook top. Fire Dept also checked the wire connections at the wall and found that ok while checking for possible burning in the wall. Subsequent removal and partial disassembly revealed that the relay circuit board had a relay that arced internally and burned the heavy wiring connector next to it and the board itself.

On 6-4-2014, I called Frigidaire, and after a lengthy wait was informed that there was no "recall" on that cook top, and since I did not have a warranty they would not be covering anything. My concern was for safety especially after I read other people had the same experiences. Besides the boards burning, the cook top came on by itself, which if something was nearby could cause a counter fire.

I was informed that Frigidaire would send out a claim form which as of now has not arrived! The cook top needs a new connector and at minimum a new relay/pwr pcb which is relatively easy if parts are available (have not checked on that). However, wife says she wants that cook top out of the house! She can't trust it, since it comes on with no one around!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had stove 4 years and electronic front panel went 5 days before thanksgiving. Frigidaire could not supply board for 4 months. Had to get rid of stove and buy a new one. Wrote letter to Frigidaire and never received response. Now dishwasher panel went.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Purchased a new electric smooth top range. Cooked a roast in it and the bottom pan began to smoke, peel and warp. Called customer service since it was just over year. They could not do anything. I am contemplating a lawsuit since I believe that the smoke and smell may be toxic. Stay away from Frigidaire.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Bought a Frigidaire Professional Model smooth top range (serial # NF25125898) 03/2013. 06/2013, smooth top and motherboard replace. 04/14, motherboard went out again. Frigidaire is very hard to deal with. Refuse to replace range, offer to cover parts and I would be responsible for labor. I refused. They counter offer to pay for labor and parts and 6 months warranty on parts. Very bad products. How can Consumer Affairs help us?

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Range delivered, put in place, plugged in; clock works but nothing else! Tried to contact product support. No one available. Called @ 6pm Friday evening (no support after 5 pm Friday to 8 am Monday morning). No way to figure out how to fix or no one to call to fix locally. No food for at least two days at home. Very poor customer service!!

Price

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The clock stopped displaying the time. When I read all the horror stories I think we will be replacing with a Samsung. We bought it used for a great price and it looks nearly new but it looks too risky to keep.

CoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Model #PLEF398CC - After the oven was placed in the ON position, a loud pop was heard, and upon entering kitchen witnessed a fire from behind unit. AS quickly as possible, the breaker was shut off (it never tripped). After speaking with a rep @ Frigidaire, I was informed there was a recall on the "Relay Board" - in turn we scheduled a tech who came & changed the relay board. Upon turning the breaker back on to check if unit was functioning properly, it went on FIRE AGAIN!!! The tech explained he thinks the MAIN CONTROL BOARD is the problem.

Upon doing some research this OVEN, I realized that it WAS RECALLED IN 2009! Me as the consumer was NEVER informed by the retailer (even after registering above product & others purchased at same time). I only found out about recall after some research through your company! I then called Frigidaire again - but they REFUSE to cover parts and or labor. After admitting that the oven has had an ELECTRICAL PROBLEM CAUSING THIS FIRE @ this problem was & is NOT as a result from the consumers' misuse, they will not cover parts even though this is a FIRE HAZARD! Being that they do not see it in their system as a RECALL, they feel no responsibility on their part! A manufacturing problem. Why is it they are NOT responsible for faulty issues???

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Approximately three weeks ago, we had our circuit breaker for our kitchen trip and sparks flew out of the back of our Frigidaire range. Why? Because you have a very serious and potentially deadly fire hazard with your Frigidaire Range model # FEFBZ90GCA . Based on the hundreds of postings I have found this to be a serious issue. For apparent reason the heating element in the oven gets extremely hot, and the wires in the back. Our unit at the terminal block have melted and that is what cause the sparks.

I spoke with a very helpful customer affairs representative, Michelle, who was kind and courteous and offered to do a parts concession. While this is a nice gesture, I am deeply concerned that this is a band-aid fix for something much more serious and in addition, we will be paying for the diagnostic and labor costs which will amount to over $200. We have already paid close to 200 dollars in having an electrician come out to determine that the issue we were having was with the unit and not our home's wiring. The parts themselves cost nearly nothing. This seems unfair. The stove was purchase 5 to 6 years ago.

I would think that you would expect better from a name brand such as yours and would also desire the security of knowing you do not have a potential deadly fire hazard in your home threatening your family and home. What I am seeking is a new oven of equal value which does not have a history of this problem. I eagerly await your reply and appreciate your attention to this matter.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Model FPES3085KFC approximate two years old. $1500 professional series front right burner turns off and on by itself and will go to high when set to low temp. Frigidaire professional series fridge same age runs all the time and keep ice cream hard. High end junk.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I recently noticed a ceramic, circular, honeycomb filter which appears to be for heat disbursement in my Frigidaire Electric Range (model no. FFEF3015LWD), dislodged from left rear burner cylinder which is below the center of the burner and connects to the oven. I spoke with customer support and couldn't get an answer as to the name of the part, couldn't find it on a parts diagram, and was told to get a repairman. This range is 2 years old and despite its nice looking and convenient design, it takes forever to heat up and forever to cook a meal. It's probably because it only has a top oven heating element. However, turning on a burner recently caused an electric pop. It's possible the burner wasn't inserted completely after removing it for cleaning the range surface, but there should be safety features to prevent this.

There is also no excuse for the ceramic part falling into the oven after one oven clean which caused the burner in question to get very hot when using the oven only. I contacted Frigidaire and explained the ceramic part issue in detail along with the potential for injury. I received no response. Frankly, this oven, despite its aesthetic construction, is not at all energy efficient and lacks the quality controls that are causing the types of problems I'm experiencing. I've seen other articles about this on the internet. Frigidaire needs to get its act together and start being responsible before someone is injured.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I bought a Frigidaire stove almost two years ago. After using the self-cleaning oven, I noticed the bottom of my oven was starting to warp. I contacted Sears, where I bought it and they said they couldn't help me. I called Frigidaire, and they too, said they couldn't help me as it wasn't under warranty. I am afraid of it catching fire, but no one wants to take responsibility for this issue. I also have slight brown marks on the top of the oven door. I have had a few stoves and I have never had issues like I have with this stove. Because I am concerned about it possibly catching fire, I have had to go out and buy another stove. It definitely was not Frigidaire.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2014

The computer board has broken three times. Frigidaire replaced it after we were on the phone with them for 3 hours. I tried the self-cleaning button and the oven locked. After we got that open, the range wouldn't work. The bottom oven (drawer) hasn't worked since the first computer board went bad. I did get the range and oven to work, but we had a power outage last night and the oven locked again. We got that to open but now the range won't work. Called Frigidaire (4th time since we've owned it) and they won't do anything about their faulty parts.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2014

Bought the range in 2004. Five years in the burners would turn on by themselves, had a local repairman replace the control panel - they reimbursed me 3 months later. Recall came out in 2011 - same repairman did the recall (moisture issue could cause burning). He said that it wasn't going to fix the problem since it was just a piece of tape. Cooking dinner in oven last night when I turned on the left hand burner, heard "pop - pop" and the whole back of it caught on fire. Called Frigidaire and they told me this has nothing to do with the recall and that they would not do anything for me.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2014

I purchased a Frigidaire stove 12 years ago. After 10 years of use, I heard a pop, could smell plastic burning and black smoke pouring out of the back panel. The button to cancel would not function so I turned the breaker off. I so loved my stove that I went out and bought a comparable model. Silly me. I've had my second Frigidaire two years and the same thing happened again. As with a previous review I too had to have the "touch" control pad replaced after a year. I called Frigidaire and was told because I have an extended warranty the "electric" control panel can be replaced. I have asked the repair dealer if the electric control panel will be the same or has it been updated because of issues. It will be the same control panel that has started on fire with two Frigidaire ranges I have purchased. From the other reviews this is not a coincidence and Frigidaire is ignoring the fire hazard. I too was standing in front of my range both times and could trip the breaker. What does it take for a company this large to act responsibly? Why isn't there a recall on this electric control panel?

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2014

We bought a Frigidaire Electric range on 2010, and within a year the touch panel that controls the oven and stove top began malfunctioning, and the electronics needed to be replaced, which was done under warranty. Approximately a year later, the problem reoccurred, and after a lot of bargaining and complaining, Frigidaire reluctantly agreed to pay for the part, and I had to pay the labor. Now, the 2nd replacement is failing, and Frigidaire curtly told me that they do not have a recall or anyone else experiencing the same problem, and are not willing to do anything at all to rectify the problem (because in their estimation, a part failing at 12 month intervals is not a design flaw, and so not anything they're willing to do anything about!!).

The company is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to customer service, and while I'll buy from the same dealer, I will never again entertain buying anything more complex than a rubberband from Frigidaire, as their engineering department is unwilling to acknowledge their design flaws and failures. Reading other posts, I guess I should be glad that the damn range didn't start a fire and burn my house down. That range is on the way out of my house very soon, and will be replaced by a company that can manufacture a quality appliance, which is most assuredly not Frigidaire/Electrolux.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2013

I was cooking supper on Saturday and the control panel shorted out and caught on fire. Luckily, I was right there because we have a timber frame home and the house would be gone. Customer Service says it's 8 years old and they can not do anything. I brought to their attention there was a fire hazard recall but still they will not do anything. This is the second appliance that no longer works from the set we bought. The microwave just stopped working.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2013

Purchased a two oven stove from Lowes in Nov. 2010. After self-cleaning in April 2012 the bottom oven took 50 minutes to get to 215 degrees. Reason given "Self cleaning was too hot". Thermostat reset. October 14, 2013 - same again. October 28 - same again, though "all parts were replaced". Last night cleaned again and lower oven (haven't checked top one) would not heat above 200. This is under extended warranty.

Repair man came out today, attempted to move stove from space between cupboards and said, "It is late (3.30 p.m) and I am tired. Have someone else pull the stove out." Now my husband is in a wheelchair and I am 80. The repair man left. The rules apparently are that the stove must be accessible for repair. My stove does not stand in the middle of the kitchen floor. All stoves sit in cupboards. So now I am looking for another repair service with an able bodied technician. I live in Melbourne, Fl.

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2013

From the first few days I have been dissatisfied with this stove. I paid the price to have a convection oven because I cook for a large family on holidays. THIS IS MY FIFTH CONVECTION RANGE, AND MY THIRD GLASS TOP. This convection does not cook evenly. Something is wrong that the top is too brown and the bottom rack is too brown, while the middle is undone. I suppose the fan is badly designed. All of my other stoves have been great.

When I turn on my oven the kitchen heats up as fast as the stove. I suppose little to no insulation. My range is just a few months old and there appear to be hairline cracks over the most used burner. I have never cracked a glass top and I did nothing to cause this top to crack. I am supposing the glass is inferior or too thin. I am afraid of what is going to happen on thanksgiving with a stove top full, or this winter with a heavy soup pot on. I hate this still shiny new stove. I think it is cut rate crap and will never purchase this brand again. Now I will call the store.

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2013

My Frigidaire Gallery Series Convection Range control panel shorted out and caught on fire. It is just over two years old. Not to be too dramatic but if I was not standing in the kitchen the fire would have spread quickly as the flames coming out the back of the control panel started moving up the wall. I'm not sure how to proceed from here so any feedback and help is appreciated. This does not look to be isolated.

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013

Piece of crap. Almost 12 months to the day the eyes started going out. Sparks, etc. They agreed to an extension of 6 months on the original 12-month warranty period. Had service out 3 times to replace modules that connect to the eyes. They kept burning out. This stove is a fire hazard. It's dangerous. DO NOT BUY this stove. Based on my experience I would advise that you go to blogs and see what you can find out about ALL THEIR PRODUCTS. JUNK.

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2013

My sister purchased my mother a new Frigidaire Electric Range for her home July 2012. And we called the store she purchased it from October 2013 because the bottom burner in the oven melted and we do not know why. Because we didn't spill anything in there. And because the stove was 3 months out of warranty, they couldn't give us a replacement stove. And we have never had an Electric Range do this before because we have never used a Frigidaire product before and we will never use it again. And so now we have to go and purchase a new Electric Range but it will not be from Lowe’s again.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2013

7-month old stove caught on fire as I had 1 pan of beans on that, never even got hot. It burned across the stove plate and 2 units, Nidek TEF 351 serial vf302 58005 purchased on 2-11-2013 burned up 9-05-2013. I lost the cabinets. Smoke damaged kitchen cabinets, ceilings and also dining room and living room. I have sent all paper work Frigidaire wanted, got the estimates and nothing has been done. No one will even talk to me. I would like to speak to a person. I am so glad that I got the stove to the door and my grandson came by and kicked it out the rest of the way on the car port. I think I have waited long enough. At first, I was told they were working on it and then the past 2 weeks, everybody has not even talked to me. My phone number is **.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2013

I took an extended warranty out through Plaza Appliance when I bought this stove on 03-11-10... Now the racks will not stay in the oven because the lining of the oven has expanded. The warranty says it's not covered because it had to be electrical and Frigidaire or Electrolux says not covered because the warranty is not through them... However the warranty said if Frigidaire will approve the claim, then the warranty company will pay. Really, people, this cost for all of this stove that lasted 3 years was $1425.95. Unbelievable...

Staff

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2013

Purchased a 40" range a few years ago. The salesperson said it was a stainless top and now it is rusting. How do I make Electrolux stand behind their product?

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2013

My stove suddenly made a loud boom sound followed by smoke. We immediately called Frigidaire only to be told that we would have to purchase control board for 200 dollars. When you add in the cost for a repairman, we are looking to spend the same price that we would for a brand new reliable stove. Now my family is struggling without a stove because a million dollar company won't stand behind their products. I am in shock at how companies aren't held to a higher standard. They can make lemon, and we have to make lemonade.

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2013

Bought what I thought to be a high end Frigidaire 40" electric range. Within a few months rusting spots began to appear on the range top. Contacted customer service and was told nothing to be done. I have had the range for a few years now and the top has large rusted areas on it and looks like something from the dump. Cannot afford to replace it and I am sick of it. Will never buy another Frigidaire appliance. Would cook over an open fire first!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2013

The control panel on my mother's stove shorted out and started on fire about 2 weeks ago. Was about 2 years old, not under warranty anymore. Frigidaire will only replace the control panel. As if she'd want a stove repaired and returned into her condo that had actually CAUGHT ON FIRE and was placed out onto her balcony by the FIREFIGHTERS. What a joke that there is no real recourse for individuals with faulty appliances, that are absolutely a safety hazard. She bought a new stove, obviously not another Frigidaire, though probably all of them are poorly manufactured.

Installation & SetupPriceReliability

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2013

I purchase a Frigidaire built-in oven at Home Depot less than 2 years ago. After about 6 months the oven control panel failed with the oven not able to maintain set temperature. Since the unit was still under warranty a new control panel was installed at no cost. About two weeks ago the oven was on and an error message lit up on the control panel; the oven was set at 350 and had reached a temperature of over 650. In addition the fan was running and would not shut off. I immediately shut off the circuit breaker to prevent a fire.

When I called for service they told me that the unit was out of warranty and that I had to pay for all repairs. Since the unit was still almost new I agreed to the repairs; with parts and labor I was charged over $600 for a unit that cost $795 when new. The only reason I did not replace this oven was because Frigidaire was the only brand that had a white unit that fit my space under the counter so spending another $200 plus tax was a waste just to get the exact same unit.

I have seen hundreds of complaints about Frigidaire ovens and appliance on the internet. It is apparent that Frigidaire intentionally manufactures these appliance with a shelf life of only about 2 years so that they fail out of warranty and you are stuck either buying their parts which are defective to begin with or buying another unit. It is a shame that Electrolux which owns Frigidaire and supposedly has a good name as a high end manufacturer sells a product that is worthless and a rip off to consumers. It would be nice if consumers could initiate a class action suit against this company for obviously faulty products.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2013

We bought a range from Lowe's. It was a Frigidaire professional series model #FPES3085KFC s/n NF04424258 in Nov 2010. Lowe's delivered it and installed it. The stove top worked but the oven did not. So they had to order a relay bd. They installed it. Now the oven worked but stove top didn't. So they had to order a new stove. Lowe's was very good about everything. It wasn't their fault that the stove was not built right. We were without a stove for 30 days. It has been working fine until about 6 months ago we noticed it was getting noisier and nosier. Come to find out the cooling fan is making all the racket and it lasts until it cools down enough for it to shut off.

My real complaint is with Frigidaire. When I e-mailed they e-mail back and said it was probably not wired correctly (inside the stove) and as far as the fan they said it should be replaced by a different model fan, so evidently they have had issues with the fan. But they only guarantee parts for a year. So I have to call a repairman and have them replace the fan and pay for the service call and the part. My point is it should had a recall because the fan has to be replace with a different model. I think the the appliance should have lasted more than 2 yrs.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2013

Our display and computer went out last April. After several hours on the phone, I was able to get parts and labor covered even though our warranty had run out. We bought the oven in 2009. Now, the display panel went out and showed an error message. Guess what? I need another $190.00 part, not to mention labor. A supervisor told me that replacing it the first time was a goodwill gesture. They told me I should have bought the extended warranty at that time. I politely argued that it is a lemon and the only thing they would do is give me the part for 70.00. Going on the 3rd panel, and I am supposed to shell out $60.00 bucks a year for stove insurance? Does anyone know of a number to call besides this one? 706-651-1751.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2013

We bought our range from Sears in October 2009 and now I have noticed the Stove top peeling. I do spill from time to time but this shouldn't happen. I called regarding a warranty and Frigidaire only covers up to 1 year only. This shouldn't happen after a few years and I only cook once or twice a week, if that! Next range or appliance I will not be buying a Frigidaire since they don't take care of their customers. Sears is no better either by the way.

Re