Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

287 EdenPURE Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I am very disappointed in Edenpure. I gave nearly 400.00 for this heater. The remote and control pads did not work, returned it, got another one, it was assembled poorly. I ask for a refund, it was past 30 days, they said, "No." It run for a few weeks and the ends of the bulbs fell or blew off, sent it back at more expense for me, waiting for another heater. Edenpure should have to refund people's money. These heaters are junk. After reading these complaints, I am afraid to use the thing.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I have had Edenpure Gen4 heater for 3 years and it works great at my house. I have powerful updated electrical lines. It states that you must have other heat set at 60 degrees. It takes a whole day of constant running to get house really hot and my furnace stays off at that point and Edenpure Gen4 goes on and off. It gives a warning that your wiring should be so strong and you need grounded plugs. My heater can't be turned on forever constantly and is only controlled by the temperature I have it set on. I have about twelve lights and when I push button then the more lights lit then the hotter it makes a room.

I had trouble with remote at first because I keep Edenpure on top of an old dishwasher and it wasn't til I put Edenpure on the floor and stood up and pressed buttons then I found the remote sensors are made where it expects you to be standing while Edenpure is at floor level for remote to work and to use the remote while the Edenpure is up on the dishwasher is hard to do. I don't have to adjust it after I get it adjusted just to the right temperature and then it turns off and on. I think some of the problems is in shipping as it's not protected well and no handle on box and delivery people were rough I felt with the box.

If your power lines are not large enough then it can overheat your lines which overheats the wall socket and then cords. The company doesn't do enough asking questions of buyers to make sure it will work in your house and the Edenpure heaters are not moveable like they say because it doesn't have a carry handle and needs a dedicated plug in with a grounded receptacle with like a 40 amp line. My Edenpure is 750 watts per hour and uses almost as much power as a refrigerator does. I check the cord and wall socket a few times every winter and it cold to touch.

Anyway Edenpure needs to make sure it will work out for you before selling it and they need one designed that is safer for people who have old wiring in their home. You can have a receptacle rewired for $100-$200 dollars. I had a line rewired for an air conditioner with a new outlet about 5 years ago for $143 dollars. I increased the line from a 20 amp line to a 30 amp line so there wouldn't be a risk of a fire from air conditioner pulling too much power through the lower amp line. It heats my house with the help of my furnace. It would take 3-4 regular room heaters to do the same thing. Anyway I hope this helps someone use the Edenpure.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

This heater is absolutely the worst. At first I was happy to have it. It's supposed to be energy efficient and heat well. I'm using it in a smaller room roughly 11' x 11'. There's simply no way of adjusting this heater to where it won't just keep continuously running non-stop. The only way to get it to stop heating is to press the power button so it finally shuts off. I come from a technical background. Yes, I've read the manual. Yes, I've read what little troubleshooting advice there is on the Edenpure website and on google. I've turned it all the way up for 4 minutes or so and then tried adjusting back down until the thermostat clicks. It never clicks. Would you like to know why? Because there ISN'T any thermostat. You heard correct. It doesn't even have one. No wonder it just stays on. Oh, but I've found the replacement thermostat for this model online.

After disassembling the unit myself there isn't any such part nor anywhere to plug it into the circuit board. After taking it apart I noticed one of the ceramic caps for an element was laying loose on the bottom and wasn't even on the glass tube. This didn't happen during disassembly. It's been running like that for who knows how long. Apparently they're just kind of loose on there. This heater does eventually heat my room although it takes a while to do so. Unfortunately it gets too hot and I'm forced to shut it off before bed. I live in upstate NY and wake up at around 1 or 2 AM freezing and I keep catching a cold I can't get rid of.

I wish there was a way to hook up a thermostat and I was going to attempt to do so (I'm not worried about voiding a warranty from a company that would never back it up anyway). I thought I'd simply replace the bad one or modify it but the lack of one to begin with makes this task next to impossible so cleanly back together it goes. I'm glad I also got a look at how poorly this was put together. Screws missing, things not tightened down properly. Wire harnesses loose. It's making me reconsider using this heater at all.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

I purchased pureWash because of the way it was advertised. After a period of use my wife found due to the processing of the water the water flow was so slow it took forever to fill the washing machine. It also caused some of her blouses to ball up on the surface which had never happened before. We called the company. They just gave excuses but no solution. It was beyond the trial period but we disconnected the unit so we were out the cost of the machine.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

I purchased the EdenPure GEN 4 heater and it has been nothing but problems. In the 4 years I have owned it, it has quit 4 times. I've had to replace the elements myself twice and sent it back for a replacement once (at my own expense). This heater caught fire and could have burned my house down. Fortunately I was in the same room, asleep on the sofa in the den when the heater malfunctioned. I woke up in the middle of the night to a popping, crackling sound to find a full flame burning where the heater was plugged into the wall. The heater was not on at the time and had not been on for days. The cord just bursted into flame and burned the wall and the outlet where it was plugged. I immediately pulled the cord out of the wall to find the prongs completed burned off and damage to my house.

After a certified electrician made an assessment, it was deemed that the fault originated in the cord. The outlet still worked despite the damage and the wiring in the wall was unharmed and in tact. I am scared of this heater. EdenPure told me that it was my fault since I do not unplug it when it was not in use. This product is poor representation of the Made in America label. Buyer Beware!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EdenPURE?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I felt that less than four years of fair service from a $400.00 gen 3 heater that just broke the chill that I was right to be dissatisfied. After reading reviews however, I see how lucky I was and won't throw good money after bad with short lasting repairs. Additionally, energy consumption was much higher than expected by me.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

I bought this heater about a month and a half ago. Since then it has only been used once or twice since it has been pretty warm for this time of year. Now it is getting cold and I really need it to work and all it does is blow cold air. Tried to call the customer service representative and have been told I need to buy these heat bulbs in order for it to work properly. I just bought it and it has only been used twice and now I need to spend more money on it?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

My wife had purchased one of these above heaters. All it blows it hot air and that is what you get when the company is contacted is deception. I would not recommend the purchase of one of these heaters unless you need a door stop. We ordered this direct from the company and they have no record of the purchase.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

Ordered a portable heater in October 2014 because my husband "trusts" Bob Vila. Took nearly two weeks to receive. Opened the box, followed the setup instructions, plugged it in... Nothing. Unplugged, did everything again... Nothing. Called customer service and went through the whole rigamarole of unplugging, resetting, etc. NOTHING. They sent a return label; we packed it up in the original box and returned it. After nearly FIVE weeks, we received a replacement unit. It did work but did not even heat up a 200 sq. ft. space, even running 24 hr. I finally went to Costco online, ordered a Heat Storm, received it in 3 days -- no shipping costs -- plugged it in and it worked. Not only did it work, but it heated up the space.

Fast forward to October 2015. I thought I would give the Edenpure another chance -- it had been sitting in a closet since last December. Plugged it in, turned it on, waited and waited for the chill to be taken out of the room. Well I guess you know the rest of the story. This heater is bound for the garbage truck -- I wouldn't even give it to the local thrift store.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

I first purchased the Gen2 in 2013. It didn't work properly. It didn't come on or it wouldn't stay on long enough to heat my small den. They admitted a problem with this type which was discontinued and they upgraded me to the classic model. This model still does not work properly. Oh by the way, the first of the new model was a used one. I could tell because it was dusty and scratched. These heaters don't heat even a small room and they continually shut off.

I'm on my third heater and this one would always say it wasn't leveled and the room temperature would always read high even though the room was cold. I emailed them and they told me to unplug the heater and lay it on its side for 45 mins. I had to do this all the time. Last night I smelled smoke in the room where it is located. After inspecting the whole house and coming back into the room it had shut off. I waited until it had cooled off and went to unplug it and I realized the heater had overheated and the plug going into the wall had melted! This heater could have started a fire. It's the weekend and they are closed. I am now afraid to use this outlet and I'm not sure what type of damage it has caused to my outlet!

Original review: July 26, 2015

You know how sometimes when you use the hottest water, the strongest and best laundry detergent and lots of bleach how some stains will not come out in the wash? Well, the Edenpure doesn't seem to get them out either. I used my worst rags and dishtowels to test this unit. Each time they are washed they seem cleaner and brighter and even after weeks they smell fresh and clean. I used to use Amway SA8, what I considered to be the best laundry detergent ever made and still the rags would come out of the dryer smelling like old grease.

Sometimes I would double wash them and they still smelled. I would ask people to smell them and they would say, yeah, that's what rags smell like. Then I would ask them to smell those washed in the PureWash and they noticed the difference immediately. I am thrilled about my purchase so much that when I got the advertisement for the refrigerator unit and the water softener I ordered them and I am thrilled about both of them. Almost immediately we noticed a huge difference in the quality of our water. It is truly amazing.

Original review: July 20, 2015

I am 83 years old and spent my meager Social Security monthly allowance of approximately $400 because I thought I was buying a superior product, and heat is important for me at my age. Also, I was suckered in by the mention of this wonderful technology. The heater never worked properly from day one. It is a big, heavy, clunky thing that is hard to position in my bedroom. There is no thermostat to set a desired heat level. The remote is frail. Worst of all, this heater threw out cold room temperature air when it was supposed to be making heat. I never got satisfaction out of it and I wrote to the Sales Manager with my complaints.

Because I had the heater a little over the initial warranty period, I could not get a refund for a return, but Customer Service promised that I could return it and they would fix it. A shipping label was sent to me and I did return it. I received a postcard saying they had received it and it would take a couple of weeks for the return. I am still waiting for it to come, but so far, no luck. Anyway, reading all the bad reviews this heater got, I was stupid to not have read them before I bought the heater. I only read them after I bought it. My bad, but their bad for putting up for sale a total abomination and excuse for a high-tech heater. Shame on them! Don't ever buy an EdenPure heater. Buyer beware!!

Original review: July 9, 2015

WARNING!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered two heaters...a larger heater and a smaller one. After about three weeks of using the small heater, there was no heat. Edenpure sent me bulbs that I had to replace myself. Not a problem, but, still would not work. Had to return it to them (at my expense) to get a replacement. While waiting for replacement, I used the larger heater. Worked ok for a couple weeks. Then would not keep heat level; had to unplug it every time I turned it on for it to reset. Called Edenpure February 2015. They told me to take it to a business over an hour away to have it repaired. I immediately took it in for repair in February 2015.

Keep calling about my heater; said they could not get parts and to come get my heater because they did not want to deal with it anymore. So here I go, another trip back over an hour away only to bring back the heater still not repaired. Called Edenpure. They said to send it back for replacement, again at my expense. They do not care that they sent me over an hour away. So I spent travel time back and forth, gas expense and still have a broken heater. They do not care about their customers at all. Again... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! RIPOFF!!!

Original review: June 18, 2015

Piece of **. What else is there to say for a way overpriced door stop? I can buy similar heater at Wal-Mart that works better than these China made garbage cans... Buy American!

Original review: June 5, 2015

2 years ago I ordered a heater from this company. The heater showed up and did not work after six months. I contacted them and was instructed to return the heater for a new one. It took me a while to get around to boxing it up and shipping it back. Long story short they informed me when I called them that they had lost it and I could not find my tracking # slip. They were very rude and now I'm out approximately 400.00 dollars and no heater. I would have felt better keeping the broken one at least I would have something to show for it.

Original review: May 23, 2015

I purchased my Edenpure four years ago and have had nothing but trouble. Flashing light indicating heater not level always gave me problems and now the end of the plug has caught on fire and melted the outlet. What a piece of junk for the money spent!

Original review: May 17, 2015

I purchased the EdenPure classic about a year ago. Started to have issues with 6 months. The panel on the front was stating unit "not Level" which was not correct. I worked well for about six months then we started to have issues with the heater not starting at all, not keeping the temperature selected and now I need to unplug the unit and then plug the unit back in again to get the heater to function at all. This is not a quality heater and I would never purchase one again, or recommend the heater to anyone.

Original review: April 14, 2015

I purchased two bladeless fans in July 2013. One fan has never given me problems. The switch on the other failed. Since it was in warranty, Edenpure replaced it. Now after very little usage, the switch on the replacement has failed. It is out of warranty. I called Edenpure, and found that they have no authorized repair service, and no replacement parts for this fan. I also found out that the manufacturer is in China. I have an expensive fan that cannot be repaired. Edenpure will not help me at all in getting a part or getting service. They said to call Dyson who makes a similar product to see if they could help me out. Do not buy a bladeless fan unless they can give you a name of the manufacturer.

Original review: April 12, 2015

On Friday April 10, 2015 at 5:45 my 2 gen 4 heaters was plugged in but not turned on. I heard a sizzling sound and then sparks and black smoke. I'm thankful I was home or I would not have a home. I have to pay to send them back. They didn't care about the damage done.

Original review: April 10, 2015

I purchased my EdenPURE heater 4 years ago and am completely satisfied. I plug it in as soon as cold weather starts and do not shut if off until it gets warm outside. It runs 24 hrs. a day and it keeps the room completely warm and also it warms the entire front of our condo. Works perfectly. Lowers our heating bill substantially. It raises the electric bill just a fraction, but, the savings on the gas bill far outweigh the increase in the electric bill. We love it.

Original review: April 9, 2015

The pureWash system was sold with rather deceptive advertising. The ad starts out with "A natural cleansing molecule generator..." The next paragraph starts with "This breakthrough generator produces Hydroxyl Radical (HR) Molecules..." Wikipedia defines Hydroxyl radical as the neutral form of the hydroxide ion (not ozone). The pureWash system has an ozone generator inside it. Maybe the generator uses ozone to produce the hydroxyl radical, I am not sure about that part of the system. I am sure that the air in my laundry room was not suitable for breathing while the unit was operating. It appears that not all of the ozone produced by the system stayed in the water (or some other caustic substance was given off into the air). I found no warning about this possibility. I reviewed the installation of the equipment and it was installed as directed.

Original review: March 11, 2015

My 75 year old dad has been a great customer to them and the last two he purchased they treated him wrong. The company would not honor their 60 day money back guarantee. The heater arrived broken in pieces. They would not pay to ship the heater back in full. They were very rude and nasty. I have one of these heaters and it tore up right away. The company is a very bad company. Never ever will any of us deal with them again. ** in customer service is a very non caring person. And ** in customer service is a rude person.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

I bought 2 last March, I took one out of box and plugged it in.....nothing but cold air. I returned it to the box and got out the other one it seemed to work better. I put it back and waited until last Nov. when it got cold again. I got the second one out again and used it for TWO weeks then I was able to get fuel for my furnace. I decided to get the first one out again to see if it worked this time but all I got from it was "heater not level" which I knew was not true. Today I tried to use the 2nd one that worked in Nov. I had not moved it...but guess what? Yep you guessed it..."heater not level". These heaters are total crap... I will probably never get my money back... Now it's 27 F and I have no fuel. DO NOT BUY THESE EDENPURE HEATERS.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2015

This Edenpure heater I purchased about 7 or 8 years ago. Loved it when I first got it and I used it non stop sometimes in the winter till Dec. 2013 it almost caught the house on fire. The end of the plug was what caught on fire and the outlet in the wall, that it was plugged into.The Edenpure heater itself was fine. It was a good thing I smelt plastic burning and went to investigate and the whole downstairs was filled with smoke. Well, we replaced the plug and cord with a heavy duty cord and heavy duty surge protector. We never turned it on when we were not around to watch it, but when I used it 2 days ago. I could smell plastic burning again and it started melting the cord again and a spot on the surge protector. These are not safe and I am afraid to use it again. It does good for heating, but not safe. I also paid over $400 for this thing. What do I do with it now?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2015

I have sent 2 back in 2 months now the third one went out. They worked for one day. The first one just quit working and the second two just blowing cold air. This product is nothing but a headache and total waste of hundreds of dollars.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

MY mom bought the family 5 EdenPURE heaters. Only one works. It would have been cheaper to buy each grandchild a tank of oil. Never again would we purchase an EdenPURE product, that includes all the air purifiers Mom bought us. She was very disappointed. I think BIOTECH takes advantage of people trying to heat their homes. They certainly misrepresent their products.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

We bought an Eden Pure over a year ago during the winter of 2013/2014. It is now February 2015 and we are still trying to either get our 300 dollars back or be given a new one after over a year of dealing with this company. The unit never worked, not once and supposedly it had a warranty! We purchased it from Grant True Value and I can't really say which organization was worse to deal with. We bought local to support our community but that was a huge mistake. I can't even begin to tell you how many times we have been put on hold, brought it here and there to be "fixed" and just plain have been given the run around about this useless device! I don't want to even waste anymore time describing this horrible experience. I have pretty much decided I might as well just bend over and accept the fact I've been screwed out of a lot of money.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

We had bought our 1st one and the heat sensor on the Model A4136 (Gen3) model went out but seemed to work in the area we were heating. So we ordered a replacement and bought another as a back up. The bulbs went out a few months later so we pulled out the new one Model USA 1000 It worked just as good, but after a few months it started to emit a noxious odor like lacquer thinner. It made us dizzy and sick! This now during the coldest part of winter here. Customer service was no help with this problem as it was beyond the service and replacement by 14 days.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

Do not buy this! The most heat I got from this was from burning the box in my fireplace! True, it's quiet but your electric metre will spin rapidly! Absolute piece of junk! Asked for my money back and am waiting for reply! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I have a complain concerning my purchase of a Gen4 heater made by Biotech research. The unit blow cold air. The company wants to send me replacement element that I told them I COULD NOT. Replaces them because of sight and age. Now they want me to pay the return fee, which I never did before. A cost of $30.00.

EdenPURE Company Information