Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

288 EdenPURE Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have owned the Gen4 heater since October 2010 and have never experienced any of the problems I read from other reviews. I did have a problem with the replacement of bulbs by a so called repair facility. The factory installed set lasted less than two years then after a warranty replacement they lasted another two years. That business quit doing work for EdenPURE so I contacted the company and they sent me a set free of charge since the 4 year warranty was still in effect. I replaced them myself and haven't touch it since and this heater is used a lot. Plug getting hot? Never once.

I can't claim that it saves money but I can say it is a great supplement heat source. I use it daily during the winter (only when I'm home) in my apartment and it keeps two average size rooms quite toasty. The setting never set higher than 6. I do like the safety factor compared to those other types of space heaters I owned in the past. Maybe the quality of build since I purchased mine is the reason others have had issues. I know that my cousin has used two of this model in his home for longer than I have and he loves them. In fact he was the one that made me research and buy one. From my point of view they produce a good product. Are they the best on the market? I can't say. I find it to be a quality product and customer service was very quick to provide me with replacement bulbs. Friendly on the phone too!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased 2 EdenPURE Climaters 200 over the phone on 12/17/2018 and received them on 12/27/2018 which was fast with the holidays in between. I own already two older units and have always been very happy with everything and these two new ones have really satisfied my ownership of EdenPURE products. Got a discount on all purchased and that makes me one happy homemaker!!!

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I bought my 4 EdenPURE heater about 14 years ago. I have not had any major problems. One was not heating up so I called up and the man asked me if I could bring it to Connecticut (I cannot Remember the town name). I did and the problem was the filter was not cleaned. Other than that all 4 of the ones I bought still work. Also my 2 friends bought them and to this day they work fine.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I purchased this unit after a neighbor swore it worked great. Nothing has changed since I purchased and installed the unit. I still have hard water deposits, that actually seem to be worse. I contacted EdenPURE to and let them know that I was disappointed that it wasn't working like they claimed. The support person, said they hadn't had any problems and lots of satisfied users. She then suggest I purchase an additional Scale Rid because perhaps the one I had was too small for the home. I had purchased a portable cooling/heating unit which works pretty good, but I won't purchase anything else from this company. In looking at the reviews and ratings on ConsumerAffairs, I wish I had read these before I bought.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Marble cookware states hundreds of meals cooked to simulate years of normal household use, non scratch, virtually indestructible. Well I can tell you it is not true. It's flaking off the bottom of the pans, very disappointed as this was NOT cheap! Never buy from EdenPURE again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EdenPURE?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

May work for 1-1/2 years. Then if you want to get really frustrated and consume time be sure to buy more heater elements, they may even be free. Totally dissatisfied with unitS plural, service and attempting to resolve issue with Company.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I received this second hand. The woman said it worked but she had not used it in a while. I plugged it in and it was okay a few days. About a week later I turned it on and wires started burning in the wall. I used the special outlet for the air conditioner- it should not have started a fire. I have another one and the plug gets very hot when I use it. I would never buy more, recommend anyone to buy these space heaters.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Elderly mom bought two for gifts. Both worked fine, so she bought two more for herself. Both would run about an hour, then trip off on overheat, constantly beeping unless unplugged. Sent both back to exchange ($45 UPS). Replacements did the same thing. I'm a retired engineer, I studied them and saw that the safety switch is a simple snap disk rated at 75C. I replaced them with 80C units, thinking they were a bad batch, inaccurate, etc. Nope, same thing. Jumpered them out and only use them on the porch or garage now, never unattended. Other posters are right, you can get better equipment locally that can be returned or exchanged with no hassle.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I fell for the hype on their ads, bought 2 EdenPURE heaters @$300.00 each. Ran one all winter in living room, it kept shutting off and finally couldn't use it at all. "Needs elements". They are JUNK. The wall switch, outlet & wall got so hot you can't touch it & lucky I found this before it started a fire, THEN I got my "Budget plan" electric bill which is NORMALLY 87.00 per month, with a "Settle up" period in April of every year & that historically EVERY YEAR ends up with me not having ANY electric bill for the following 2-3 months since the 87.00/month paid previously covers ALL the power I use plus results in no bill for those 2-3 months surplus. GREAT.

NOW enter EDENPURE HEATER supposedly "ECONOMICAL". PURE BS. When "Settle up" time rolled around after using this EdenPURE heater I had TO PAY the power co. $700.00 I didn't have or plan on because it never happened before until EdenPURE heater ran in my living room. So besides NOT being economical at all, quite the opposite, I was lucky it didn't burn my home down or severely damage it thru their faulty design & assembly. These heaters are JUNK, their ads LIE BIGTIME. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this Chinese mfd. GARBAGE. EdenPURE heaters should be forced off the market...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I'll be quick in detail: while Edenpures are decent space heaters in their own right, they take extreme amounts of power. So much power that when they first turn on they can dim the lighting of your house for SEVERAL seconds. So much power, that they will MELT THEIR OWN CORDS! I have had 2 Edenpure brand heaters attempt to burn down my house by either melting their cords, or melting at the plug connection with the outlet. They were of both older and newer generations so it is definitely a problem with their designs or shoddy manufacture in general. In my opinion they should be banned from being sold in the US until these problems can be properly rectified before someone is killed from a fire caused by one of these heaters. It's even possible that someone did indeed die due to fire caused by an Edenpure heater. If you want to buy an infrared heater, steer clear of this $300 fire hazard and buy a cheaper brand, for sure.

EdenPURE expert review by Shawn Bayless

EdenPURE is an Ohio-based innovator and manufacturer of home air care products. A division of Suarez Corporation Industries, EdenPURE specializes in air purifiers and portable space heaters.

• Innovative technology: As a home health product innovator, EdenPURE created a new technology for safe and efficient space heaters. EdenPURE heaters use quartz infrared light to create heat, which is then stored and distributed through a patented copper heat exchange system. This system does not create carbon monoxide, radiation or run the risk of overheating, so it can be safer for your home.

• Effective air purifiers: EdenPURE’s air purifier technology is a great choice for consumers with allergies or other respiratory illnesses. It can kill up to 99.99 percent of airborne pollutants. The air purifiers come in various sizes and price points to fit your needs.

• Helpful website: EdenPURE’s products are available at many major retailers, but those retailers may not be able to help you with the product’s specifics. You can visit the EdenPURE website to download product manuals, contact customer support representatives, read reviews and order replacement parts.

• Purchasing options: EdenPURE products can be purchased at several major retailers including Meijer, Lowe’s and Ace Hardware, among others. You can also purchase products online using all major credit cards or PayPal.

• Unconditional money-back guarantee: EdenPURE stands by its products and offers an unconditional guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, you can get a full refund. Guarantee timeframe varies by product.

• Best for: anyone concerned with the quality of their air.

Profile picture of Shawn Bayless
Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

EdenPURE Company Information