Edenpure

Compare Heating & Cooling Systems

Research top Heating & Cooling Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On Feb 14th 2015 I bought an Edenpure heater, by the end of winter the infrared bulbs had burned out. I put it in the back room until a couple days ago (Nov 15, 2016). It was still under warranty and SOME of the paperwork said I could return it to the seller or contact the phone number supplied. But some of the paperwork said NOT to take it to the retailer. I took it to the retailer I bought it from. They called the number for me. Luckily, I don't throw anything away, including my receipt of purchase. Because Edenpure did everything that they could to avoid honoring their warranty. They do not handle their own return and or warranty services. Those are handled by a third party. So next I was referred to them. Another hassle on the phone that included having to have the retailer fax a copy of all my paperwork to them. Even after the owner of the retailer assured them that he was looking at my dated receipt.

I was told they were going to honor the warranty and that they were going to send me a box and postage to return this heater to them and it would be repaired and sent back to me. Two days later (today the 17th) I received a refurbished heater from them. It is filthy, the "clean the filter light " is stuck on, and there's no box to return the one with the burned out bulbs with. I can promise you, I will NEVER EVER purchase another Edenpure product again. And I'll be happy to tell anyone I hear of, that if they are looking for a secondary heat source, they would be happier burning a tire in their living room.

I received a letter in the mail today with an offer to purchase an EdenPure Heater for only $99.00 from your available inventory!!! Tell me WHY I would purchase another heater when I was so rudely treated when notifying EdenPure about my incident with the first one I purchased! I was told it could not be replaced even though it was burning up filling my room with smoke and putting my family in a dangerous situation... I paid full price for my first one but I sure as heck would not buy a second one even if it was a dollar. I had a very poor experience with your customer service department! Can you please make sure your Executive Director gets to read this so she can fix the problem and no other family will have the same experience I did!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Eden Pure Humidifier - Would highly recommend that no one ever purchase anything from this company. This company does not respond when there is a problem with a customer's purchase. This product sounded great. However in March this item started putting the humidity down towards the bottom of the appliance and just turned into a huge pool of water. Called customer service assuming they would want to realize there was a issue, they could care less. We sent email with photos of wall and plug, they did not care. Told us it was out of warranty and tried to sell us a new plug.

We will never purchase another Edenpure and would advise others do the same. Their customer service department is rude and try to make customer think it is their fault. We were told that they would send us a return label which would allow us to return the product. We were charged $12.00 to receive this product, however, to return this item it would cost us $29.00. Because this product is not available for replacement they would refund our money less the $29.00 fee to return it.

We have purchase multiple Edenpure heaters but one has malfunctioned. Our heater was plugged in but not on and the plug shorted out, set off our smoke alarm in the middle of the night (thank God). We got to the breaker box and turned it off, however it had burnt black about 6 inches up our wall by that time the plug was completely burned off the unit. Had we not been home it would have been terrible. We had a electrician check and there was nothing wrong with our wall plug or our breaker, they were both 20 amp. Called customer service assuming they would want to realize there was a issue, they could care less - we sent email with photos of wall and plug, they did not care. Told us it was out of warranty and tried to sell us a new plug. We will never purchase another Edenpure and would advise others do the same. Their customer service department is rude and try to make customer think it is their fault.

Our Edenpure heater worked great for two years but then it started to put out cool air. We called the company and for $125.00 they would send us shipping labels and repair the heater and give a ninety day warranty on the work. Shipped it out the week before Christmas and had it back in 5 days. Worked for a day and started the same thing again. Called them and they sent shipping label and same thing 5 days and had it right back. This time it worked for a few weeks. Long story short this is a scam. They never fixed it and after ninety days they won't do anything for you even though it was never fixed. Woman was very rude. She told me they couldn't warrant it for ninety days each time they worked on it because warranty would never run out!! I guess because they are never going to fix it right. I question if any work was ever done on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Edenpure?

I ordered a heater last fall. It arrived broken. I contacted the company, and they send a label to return the heater. I chose to return it for a replacement. The replacement arrived... Broken! So I called & told them I wanted to return for refund. They sent a return label. They received the return of my second heater on 12/11/15. I waited for a refund, it did not come. Then a couple of days ago, I received a phone call from the company saying I owed them for a heater since they refunded me twice for some reason. I refused to give them my cc number, saying I wanted to check with my cc company. The cc company said they found the original charge on my account, but NO refunds at all since then. Not only did they never refund my purchase price, they tried to get more money from me for a heater I returned to them. Do not do any business with this company!!

I bought the Edenpure Premier heater and am totally dissatisfied with it. I set the thermostat at 68 degrees which is 2 degrees below my main heat thermostat and it cycles off and on and only blows cold air when the temperature in the room reaches 68. If I set it to about 75 degrees it will never reach a shutoff point. The unit rattles due to a loose grill and the remote only functions if within a couple of feet of the unit. Expensive product that doesn't perform to expectations, so will not ever buy another product from this company.

Unlike some of the reviews I have read, I had (and still have) great service from my Model Gen 3. I have had it 8, maybe 9 years and it still works great. It runs (very quietly) 24/7 during the winter months and keeps my 884 square foot 1st floor toasty warm. I had such good luck and service from it that I decided to buy a couple of Model 750's that were "on sale" for my basement and 2nd floor.

The model 750's arrived at the end of the winter and I didn't even take them out of the box until the next winter approx. 6-7 months later. The first thing that I immediately noticed was they were extremely loud. I can't hear the Gen 3 only 10 feet from me in the Living Room but could hear the 750's upstairs in the bedroom and downstairs in the basement. When I called Edenpure about this they advised me this was "normal" for this particular model, and also advised me that due to the time lapse I could neither return them or exchange them for a quieter model.

Okay, my bad for waiting so long to check out my purchase. But then these models arbitrarily started shutting themselves off for no apparent reason after running for only about an hour, in both the High and Auto modes. I called Edenpure back and told them about the problem and they gave me instructions on how to reset the thermostat. Followed their instructions but it didn't resolve the problem. When I called Edenpure a third time I was advised that I could return the heaters at my shipping expense (both ways) and they would repair the heaters. Two way shipping for the two heaters was going to be almost the price of one of the heaters. So now I have two loud heaters that may or may not work at any given time.

When I saw that Edenpure came out with a Model Gen 4 I thought it might be a better quality heater like the Gen 3, unlike the smaller and less expensive 750. Unfortunately I was wrong with my assumption. It worked well the first winter and wasn't as noisy as the 750's, but also not as quiet as the Gen 3. Now that I've been using it this second winter it has gotten louder (something inside is vibrating/rattling) and it also has been arbitrarily shutting itself off. I still had the instructions on how to reset the thermostat, but again it did not resolve the problem.

I chose to write this review versus contacting Edenpure about the Gen 4 because of the response(s) I received from their "Customer Service" in the past. Many retailers sell a variety of these quartz heaters now and most of them are approx. 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the Edenpure models. And if there are any problems with it I can just drive back to the store and exchange or return it - with no shipping fees.

I am very disappointed in Edenpure. I gave nearly 400.00 for this heater. The remote and control pads did not work, returned it, got another one, it was assembled poorly. I ask for a refund, it was past 30 days, they said, "No." It run for a few weeks and the ends of the bulbs fell or blew off, sent it back at more expense for me, waiting for another heater. Edenpure should have to refund people's money. These heaters are junk. After reading these complaints, I am afraid to use the thing.

I have had Edenpure Gen4 heater for 3 years and it works great at my house. I have powerful updated electrical lines. It states that you must have other heat set at 60 degrees. It takes a whole day of constant running to get house really hot and my furnace stays off at that point and Edenpure Gen4 goes on and off. It gives a warning that your wiring should be so strong and you need grounded plugs. My heater can't be turned on forever constantly and is only controlled by the temperature I have it set on. I have about twelve lights and when I push button then the more lights lit then the hotter it makes a room.

I had trouble with remote at first because I keep Edenpure on top of an old dishwasher and it wasn't til I put Edenpure on the floor and stood up and pressed buttons then I found the remote sensors are made where it expects you to be standing while Edenpure is at floor level for remote to work and to use the remote while the Edenpure is up on the dishwasher is hard to do. I don't have to adjust it after I get it adjusted just to the right temperature and then it turns off and on. I think some of the problems is in shipping as it's not protected well and no handle on box and delivery people were rough I felt with the box.

If your power lines are not large enough then it can overheat your lines which overheats the wall socket and then cords. The company doesn't do enough asking questions of buyers to make sure it will work in your house and the Edenpure heaters are not moveable like they say because it doesn't have a carry handle and needs a dedicated plug in with a grounded receptacle with like a 40 amp line. My Edenpure is 750 watts per hour and uses almost as much power as a refrigerator does. I check the cord and wall socket a few times every winter and it cold to touch.

Anyway Edenpure needs to make sure it will work out for you before selling it and they need one designed that is safer for people who have old wiring in their home. You can have a receptacle rewired for $100-$200 dollars. I had a line rewired for an air conditioner with a new outlet about 5 years ago for $143 dollars. I increased the line from a 20 amp line to a 30 amp line so there wouldn't be a risk of a fire from air conditioner pulling too much power through the lower amp line. It heats my house with the help of my furnace. It would take 3-4 regular room heaters to do the same thing. Anyway I hope this helps someone use the Edenpure.

This heater is absolutely the worst. At first I was happy to have it. It's supposed to be energy efficient and heat well. I'm using it in a smaller room roughly 11' x 11'. There's simply no way of adjusting this heater to where it won't just keep continuously running non-stop. The only way to get it to stop heating is to press the power button so it finally shuts off. I come from a technical background. Yes, I've read the manual. Yes, I've read what little troubleshooting advice there is on the Edenpure website and on google. I've turned it all the way up for 4 minutes or so and then tried adjusting back down until the thermostat clicks. It never clicks. Would you like to know why? Because there ISN'T any thermostat. You heard correct. It doesn't even have one. No wonder it just stays on. Oh, but I've found the replacement thermostat for this model online.

After disassembling the unit myself there isn't any such part nor anywhere to plug it into the circuit board. After taking it apart I noticed one of the ceramic caps for an element was laying loose on the bottom and wasn't even on the glass tube. This didn't happen during disassembly. It's been running like that for who knows how long. Apparently they're just kind of loose on there. This heater does eventually heat my room although it takes a while to do so. Unfortunately it gets too hot and I'm forced to shut it off before bed. I live in upstate NY and wake up at around 1 or 2 AM freezing and I keep catching a cold I can't get rid of.

I wish there was a way to hook up a thermostat and I was going to attempt to do so (I'm not worried about voiding a warranty from a company that would never back it up anyway). I thought I'd simply replace the bad one or modify it but the lack of one to begin with makes this task next to impossible so cleanly back together it goes. I'm glad I also got a look at how poorly this was put together. Screws missing, things not tightened down properly. Wire harnesses loose. It's making me reconsider using this heater at all.

I purchased pureWash because of the way it was advertised. After a period of use my wife found due to the processing of the water the water flow was so slow it took forever to fill the washing machine. It also caused some of her blouses to ball up on the surface which had never happened before. We called the company. They just gave excuses but no solution. It was beyond the trial period but we disconnected the unit so we were out the cost of the machine.

I purchased the EdenPure GEN 4 heater and it has been nothing but problems. In the 4 years I have owned it, it has quit 4 times. I've had to replace the elements myself twice and sent it back for a replacement once (at my own expense). This heater caught fire and could have burned my house down. Fortunately I was in the same room, asleep on the sofa in the den when the heater malfunctioned. I woke up in the middle of the night to a popping, crackling sound to find a full flame burning where the heater was plugged into the wall. The heater was not on at the time and had not been on for days. The cord just bursted into flame and burned the wall and the outlet where it was plugged. I immediately pulled the cord out of the wall to find the prongs completed burned off and damage to my house.

After a certified electrician made an assessment, it was deemed that the fault originated in the cord. The outlet still worked despite the damage and the wiring in the wall was unharmed and in tact. I am scared of this heater. EdenPure told me that it was my fault since I do not unplug it when it was not in use. This product is poor representation of the Made in America label. Buyer Beware!!!

I felt that less than four years of fair service from a $400.00 gen 3 heater that just broke the chill that I was right to be dissatisfied. After reading reviews however, I see how lucky I was and won't throw good money after bad with short lasting repairs. Additionally, energy consumption was much higher than expected by me.

I bought this heater about a month and a half ago. Since then it has only been used once or twice since it has been pretty warm for this time of year. Now it is getting cold and I really need it to work and all it does is blow cold air. Tried to call the customer service representative and have been told I need to buy these heat bulbs in order for it to work properly. I just bought it and it has only been used twice and now I need to spend more money on it?

My wife had purchased one of these above heaters. All it blows it hot air and that is what you get when the company is contacted is deception. I would not recommend the purchase of one of these heaters unless you need a door stop. We ordered this direct from the company and they have no record of the purchase.

Ordered a portable heater in October 2014 because my husband "trusts" Bob Vila. Took nearly two weeks to receive. Opened the box, followed the setup instructions, plugged it in... Nothing. Unplugged, did everything again... Nothing. Called customer service and went through the whole rigamarole of unplugging, resetting, etc. NOTHING. They sent a return label; we packed it up in the original box and returned it. After nearly FIVE weeks, we received a replacement unit. It did work but did not even heat up a 200 sq. ft. space, even running 24 hr. I finally went to Costco online, ordered a Heat Storm, received it in 3 days -- no shipping costs -- plugged it in and it worked. Not only did it work, but it heated up the space.

Fast forward to October 2015. I thought I would give the Edenpure another chance -- it had been sitting in a closet since last December. Plugged it in, turned it on, waited and waited for the chill to be taken out of the room. Well I guess you know the rest of the story. This heater is bound for the garbage truck -- I wouldn't even give it to the local thrift store.

I first purchased the Gen2 in 2013. It didn't work properly. It didn't come on or it wouldn't stay on long enough to heat my small den. They admitted a problem with this type which was discontinued and they upgraded me to the classic model. This model still does not work properly. Oh by the way, the first of the new model was a used one. I could tell because it was dusty and scratched. These heaters don't heat even a small room and they continually shut off.

I'm on my third heater and this one would always say it wasn't leveled and the room temperature would always read high even though the room was cold. I emailed them and they told me to unplug the heater and lay it on its side for 45 mins. I had to do this all the time. Last night I smelled smoke in the room where it is located. After inspecting the whole house and coming back into the room it had shut off. I waited until it had cooled off and went to unplug it and I realized the heater had overheated and the plug going into the wall had melted! This heater could have started a fire. It's the weekend and they are closed. I am now afraid to use this outlet and I'm not sure what type of damage it has caused to my outlet!

You know how sometimes when you use the hottest water, the strongest and best laundry detergent and lots of bleach how some stains will not come out in the wash? Well, the Edenpure doesn't seem to get them out either. I used my worst rags and dishtowels to test this unit. Each time they are washed they seem cleaner and brighter and even after weeks they smell fresh and clean. I used to use Amway SA8, what I considered to be the best laundry detergent ever made and still the rags would come out of the dryer smelling like old grease.

Sometimes I would double wash them and they still smelled. I would ask people to smell them and they would say, yeah, that's what rags smell like. Then I would ask them to smell those washed in the PureWash and they noticed the difference immediately. I am thrilled about my purchase so much that when I got the advertisement for the refrigerator unit and the water softener I ordered them and I am thrilled about both of them. Almost immediately we noticed a huge difference in the quality of our water. It is truly amazing.

I am 83 years old and spent my meager Social Security monthly allowance of approximately $400 because I thought I was buying a superior product, and heat is important for me at my age. Also, I was suckered in by the mention of this wonderful technology. The heater never worked properly from day one. It is a big, heavy, clunky thing that is hard to position in my bedroom. There is no thermostat to set a desired heat level. The remote is frail. Worst of all, this heater threw out cold room temperature air when it was supposed to be making heat. I never got satisfaction out of it and I wrote to the Sales Manager with my complaints.

Because I had the heater a little over the initial warranty period, I could not get a refund for a return, but Customer Service promised that I could return it and they would fix it. A shipping label was sent to me and I did return it. I received a postcard saying they had received it and it would take a couple of weeks for the return. I am still waiting for it to come, but so far, no luck. Anyway, reading all the bad reviews this heater got, I was stupid to not have read them before I bought the heater. I only read them after I bought it. My bad, but their bad for putting up for sale a total abomination and excuse for a high-tech heater. Shame on them! Don't ever buy an EdenPure heater. Buyer beware!!

WARNING!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered two heaters...a larger heater and a smaller one. After about three weeks of using the small heater, there was no heat. Edenpure sent me bulbs that I had to replace myself. Not a problem, but, still would not work. Had to return it to them (at my expense) to get a replacement. While waiting for replacement, I used the larger heater. Worked ok for a couple weeks. Then would not keep heat level; had to unplug it every time I turned it on for it to reset. Called Edenpure February 2015. They told me to take it to a business over an hour away to have it repaired. I immediately took it in for repair in February 2015.

Keep calling about my heater; said they could not get parts and to come get my heater because they did not want to deal with it anymore. So here I go, another trip back over an hour away only to bring back the heater still not repaired. Called Edenpure. They said to send it back for replacement, again at my expense. They do not care that they sent me over an hour away. So I spent travel time back and forth, gas expense and still have a broken heater. They do not care about their customers at all. Again... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! RIPOFF!!!

Piece of **. What else is there to say for a way overpriced door stop? I can buy similar heater at Wal-Mart that works better than these China made garbage cans... Buy American!

2 years ago I ordered a heater from this company. The heater showed up and did not work after six months. I contacted them and was instructed to return the heater for a new one. It took me a while to get around to boxing it up and shipping it back. Long story short they informed me when I called them that they had lost it and I could not find my tracking # slip. They were very rude and now I'm out approximately 400.00 dollars and no heater. I would have felt better keeping the broken one at least I would have something to show for it.

I purchased my Edenpure four years ago and have had nothing but trouble. Flashing light indicating heater not level always gave me problems and now the end of the plug has caught on fire and melted the outlet. What a piece of junk for the money spent!

I purchased the EdenPure classic about a year ago. Started to have issues with 6 months. The panel on the front was stating unit "not Level" which was not correct. I worked well for about six months then we started to have issues with the heater not starting at all, not keeping the temperature selected and now I need to unplug the unit and then plug the unit back in again to get the heater to function at all. This is not a quality heater and I would never purchase one again, or recommend the heater to anyone.

I purchased two bladeless fans in July 2013. One fan has never given me problems. The switch on the other failed. Since it was in warranty, Edenpure replaced it. Now after very little usage, the switch on the replacement has failed. It is out of warranty. I called Edenpure, and found that they have no authorized repair service, and no replacement parts for this fan. I also found out that the manufacturer is in China. I have an expensive fan that cannot be repaired. Edenpure will not help me at all in getting a part or getting service. They said to call Dyson who makes a similar product to see if they could help me out. Do not buy a bladeless fan unless they can give you a name of the manufacturer.

On Friday April 10, 2015 at 5:45 my 2 gen 4 heaters was plugged in but not turned on. I heard a sizzling sound and then sparks and black smoke. I'm thankful I was home or I would not have a home. I have to pay to send them back. They didn't care about the damage done.

I purchased my EdenPURE heater 4 years ago and am completely satisfied. I plug it in as soon as cold weather starts and do not shut if off until it gets warm outside. It runs 24 hrs. a day and it keeps the room completely warm and also it warms the entire front of our condo. Works perfectly. Lowers our heating bill substantially. It raises the electric bill just a fraction, but, the savings on the gas bill far outweigh the increase in the electric bill. We love it.

The pureWash system was sold with rather deceptive advertising. The ad starts out with "A natural cleansing molecule generator..." The next paragraph starts with "This breakthrough generator produces Hydroxyl Radical (HR) Molecules..." Wikipedia defines Hydroxyl radical as the neutral form of the hydroxide ion (not ozone). The pureWash system has an ozone generator inside it. Maybe the generator uses ozone to produce the hydroxyl radical, I am not sure about that part of the system. I am sure that the air in my laundry room was not suitable for breathing while the unit was operating. It appears that not all of the ozone produced by the system stayed in the water (or some other caustic substance was given off into the air). I found no warning about this possibility. I reviewed the installation of the equipment and it was installed as directed.

My 75 year old dad has been a great customer to them and the last two he purchased they treated him wrong. The company would not honor their 60 day money back guarantee. The heater arrived broken in pieces. They would not pay to ship the heater back in full. They were very rude and nasty. I have one of these heaters and it tore up right away. The company is a very bad company. Never ever will any of us deal with them again. ** in customer service is a very non caring person. And ** in customer service is a rude person.

Edenpure Company Profile