1.48/5
Based on 270 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

285 EdenPURE Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

May work for 1-1/2 years. Then if you want to get really frustrated and consume time be sure to buy more heater elements, they may even be free. Totally dissatisfied with unitS plural, service and attempting to resolve issue with Company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased 2 EdenPURE Climaters 200 over the phone on 12/17/2018 and received them on 12/27/2018 which was fast with the holidays in between. I own already two older units and have always been very happy with everything and these two new ones have really satisfied my ownership of EdenPURE products. Got a discount on all purchased and that makes me one happy homemaker!!!

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I received this second hand. The woman said it worked but she had not used it in a while. I plugged it in and it was okay a few days. About a week later I turned it on and wires started burning in the wall. I used the special outlet for the air conditioner- it should not have started a fire. I have another one and the plug gets very hot when I use it. I would never buy more, recommend anyone to buy these space heaters.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Elderly mom bought two for gifts. Both worked fine, so she bought two more for herself. Both would run about an hour, then trip off on overheat, constantly beeping unless unplugged. Sent both back to exchange ($45 UPS). Replacements did the same thing. I'm a retired engineer, I studied them and saw that the safety switch is a simple snap disk rated at 75C. I replaced them with 80C units, thinking they were a bad batch, inaccurate, etc. Nope, same thing. Jumpered them out and only use them on the porch or garage now, never unattended. Other posters are right, you can get better equipment locally that can be returned or exchanged with no hassle.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I fell for the hype on their ads, bought 2 EdenPURE heaters @$300.00 each. Ran one all winter in living room, it kept shutting off and finally couldn't use it at all. "Needs elements". They are JUNK. The wall switch, outlet & wall got so hot you can't touch it & lucky I found this before it started a fire, THEN I got my "Budget plan" electric bill which is NORMALLY 87.00 per month, with a "Settle up" period in April of every year & that historically EVERY YEAR ends up with me not having ANY electric bill for the following 2-3 months since the 87.00/month paid previously covers ALL the power I use plus results in no bill for those 2-3 months surplus. GREAT.

NOW enter EDENPURE HEATER supposedly "ECONOMICAL". PURE BS. When "Settle up" time rolled around after using this EdenPURE heater I had TO PAY the power co. $700.00 I didn't have or plan on because it never happened before until EdenPURE heater ran in my living room. So besides NOT being economical at all, quite the opposite, I was lucky it didn't burn my home down or severely damage it thru their faulty design & assembly. These heaters are JUNK, their ads LIE BIGTIME. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this Chinese mfd. GARBAGE. EdenPURE heaters should be forced off the market...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EdenPURE?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I'll be quick in detail: while Edenpures are decent space heaters in their own right, they take extreme amounts of power. So much power that when they first turn on they can dim the lighting of your house for SEVERAL seconds. So much power, that they will MELT THEIR OWN CORDS! I have had 2 Edenpure brand heaters attempt to burn down my house by either melting their cords, or melting at the plug connection with the outlet. They were of both older and newer generations so it is definitely a problem with their designs or shoddy manufacture in general. In my opinion they should be banned from being sold in the US until these problems can be properly rectified before someone is killed from a fire caused by one of these heaters. It's even possible that someone did indeed die due to fire caused by an Edenpure heater. If you want to buy an infrared heater, steer clear of this $300 fire hazard and buy a cheaper brand, for sure.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I bought my 4 EdenPURE heater about 14 years ago. I have not had any major problems. One was not heating up so I called up and the man asked me if I could bring it to Connecticut (I cannot Remember the town name). I did and the problem was the filter was not cleaned. Other than that all 4 of the ones I bought still work. Also my 2 friends bought them and to this day they work fine.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Bought one of the bladeless fans they advertise, the 360 Air Fan. It's suppose to move more air and promises to save you money...BS on both of those, it's no better than a regular fan and the price is really high!!! And their customer service is the worst, if you decide to return YOU have to pay shipping & insurance to get it back to them... If it breaks or malfunctions You have to pay the shipping back to them!!! I would never recommend this company or product.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Run great for a couple years, but then required expensive parts and labor to fix. Was not any cheaper to run than any other space heater. It is larger -takes up more space than most space heaters. It has a pleasant white noise/sound when running. It is a nice looking heater, and does not get hot to touch-probably safer around small kids than most heaters. It is boxy shaped which helps prevent tip over. The remote is nice, but does not allow you to see the current settings, so you can turn it up or down, but I usually have to go look at what it is currently set on to see what I want to change. This is a pain because the display is located on the top. I am short and have to get a chair to see the display since we have it up on a cabinet.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I ordered the EdenPURE Climater heater the first week of February of 2018. I was very excited to receive the heater from reading about it on their website, mainly because of how well they claimed it would heat and the low cost of using the heater. When the heater arrived I immediately hooked it up and begin using it. I was amazed how little heat was coming out of it, so I got my infrared thermometer out and checked the temperature coming out. I could not find more than 72 degree of heat anywhere around the heater. I continued using the heater and trying different settings on the temp adjustment. The heater just didn't seem to be doing anything close to the claims.

After trying my best to like the heater a week I finally gave up on it and packaged it back in the box it came in... I came close to forgetting about sending it back until my power bill came in the mail. I was totally shocked at how much my power bill had increased from using the EdenPURE heater one week. If I had used the heater the entire Month that I had it my bill would've been so much I would not have been able to pay it on my fixed income.

This is copied from their website and it's a false statement if I've ever read one. This should be illegal to post such a complete lie as this. New 2018 Patented Breakthrough Design. U.S. Patent No. D799,014. The new 2018 EdenPURE 360 Super Climater Model 200 will slash your cooling and heating bills every month. It is portable and light so you can take it anywhere in your home including outside on warm days to keep you cool and comfortable. It cannot start a fire and is safe for children and pets. Cools 200% better than a ceiling fan. Compact and portable, even use it outside. Only costs $10.48 a month in electricity.

There's no way anyone could use this heater and it just cost $10.48 a Month unless they never turned it on. I would NOT recommend this heater to anyone. I am completely dissatisfied with the heater I bought and wasted nearly $100 from trying it including my cost of $35 to send it back and the increase in my power bill for the week I used the heater. I believe they should've at least paid for shipping to return it since it was guaranteed if I wasn't happy with it. I honestly believe the company has written all the reviews on their website because everyone was posted on the very same day and all have 5 stars. I hope this review is posted as I have written it because someone needs to let people know this isn't right to do this to their customers. If the other reviews I have read are correct, then something was badly wrong with the heater I purchased, but customer service didn't care what my reason was for returning the one I bought.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I was looking at a new product of theirs and saw a negative review of heaters. Our experience & (one heater for 7 years, one for over 10 year) was great. We would buy nothing else. We use both heaters during spring and fall rather than turning to our furnace. Both have run great all these years w/o one negative incident. When (?) they eventually stop working we will be buying new ones.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My son got home from work yesterday and went to turn the EdenPURE heater on. It was already plugged in, but was not on. It didn't come on so he checked the fuse box. He then noticed the power cord was arcing. He checked the plug and immediately saw the wall was burned. One of the prongs on the plug had burned completely off. He told me to take pictures and take them to where we purchased the heater. After reading all these comments, I see it will do no good. I will post this on social media and warn everyone I know not to purchase one of these. We were lucky. Our house didn't burn down.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My 1st Edenpure heater actually lasted 5 years, until all the elements (6) literally burned out. The replacements cost $75! So, rather than spend that amount of money, I bought a newer one from Amazon Prime. It was the 3in1 stand-up infrared model. Well, right away it wouldn't put out any heat. As soon as it cycled on, it tripped the AC circuit breaker. Same thing happened on 3 separate circuits! I had to pay to ship it back for a refund! Not a Happy Camper!

Original review: April 17, 2017

We bought an Eden Pure Heater about a year ago and it was great, then it started making a noise. I contacted the company and they sent me a prepaid label to send it back and then replaced it with a brand new heater. Awesome customer service and great company.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Purchased Quartz Infrared Heater 2 years ago. Had been working great for heating our upstairs until a few days ago. Had noticed odor upstairs but could not find source. Since it really did not have an electrical burn smell we did not even think that our heater was the problem. Then about 6 hours later my husband was upstairs and noticed a pop and saw a spark from the outlet. Nothing inside was scorched just the plug and black soot outside of outlet. We took the cover off outlet to check. I just saw the other reviews and wanted to make others aware of risks.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I purchased a EdenPURE Gen 2 heater in March of 2016. Only used it very little since near the end of cold season. In the fall the heater makes a noise like something hitting the fan. Called customer service, I was sent a return label. I returned the heater, received the heater back in about 2 weeks. The first night it woke me at 3 AM making the same noise. Called again, I was told I would get a new heater. I received a refurbished heater. Called and said the heaters were made in China and they could not tell me it was a new heater. I would never buy another heater from EdenPURE. Too pricing and not good customer service.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Eden Pure advertise that it costs just pennies a day to operate. My electric bill went up $130 a month. That's about 433 pennies a day. I guess that they wouldn't sell many if they said that it would cost you $4 to $5 a day to run it. So it cost me roughly $32-$33 a week. My propane cost me about $10 to $12 a week. So as far as saving me money on my heating bills the last thing that I want to use is a Eden Pure.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

First purchased EdenPURE gen 3 in 2011. After two seasons six months of use the cord melted and burnt the first receptacle in the picture that I sent. We were unaware what was burning because of the location of the receptacle. It was behind the chair on the wall in the living room a common place for a receptacle. Then we smelled something again when we came home from shopping and noticed the power was out. It never worked again. We were unaware of the cause So my wife purchased a refurbished EdenPURE USA 1000 refurbished unit $177 from EdenPURE. Then on my wife's birthday this unit exploded the receptacle, as you see in the picture. When I called EdenPURE they told me to throw it away and they sent me a wall hugger. The wall hugger we used about a week and it kicked on and kicked off will not come back on.

Now both of these units or on a separate circuit with no appliances 15 amp breaker like the instruction booklet said and this happen. How can a company get away with something like this. And with all the customer complaints and death and more will probably die from this mistake. I am a Vietnam veteran. My wife is on disability and I am filing for disability. Money is tight but lives should not be taken by a corporate mistake. I do realize that me and my wife both are very very lucky not to be a casualty in this mess now she is worried because of a big company and the way people end up missing or dead she fears for her life now because of me making this statement. You might think it's paranoia. I think it's reality.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I called customer service - 800-588-5604 - to remove my mother's name from their mailing list since she passed away. They told me that for security purposes they cannot remove her name until I send them a death certificate!!! What a crock! We have mountains of red tape and paperwork to deal with not to mention the emotional toll of losing a parent. Such hubris! Requiring a grieving family to send a death certificate just so that their deceased relative stops receiving their JUNK mail takes time & energy, and is absolutely ridiculous! This company needs to rethink its "policies". They have been put at the top of our "never order from these idiots" list!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Have had for 6 years with no issues. This year the plug exploded like a battery during the night, while we slept, and charred my outlet. Called Edenpure customer service to inform them of a faulty plug incident and they told me it is not their problem and that they do not report incidents like this because it is not their problem but is caused by customers and their homes wiring. These heaters are billing and claim to be the safest on the market yet they have plugs that explode like corroded batteries? These are not safe and never again will I use one in my home. My vacuum, fan, and scented plug in have never exploded and charred my outlet like the Edenpure heater plug did. This incident needs to be on record and addressed before someone's home and/or lives are lost due to unsafe malfunctioning plugs!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

On Feb 14th 2015 I bought an Edenpure heater, by the end of winter the infrared bulbs had burned out. I put it in the back room until a couple days ago (Nov 15, 2016). It was still under warranty and SOME of the paperwork said I could return it to the seller or contact the phone number supplied. But some of the paperwork said NOT to take it to the retailer. I took it to the retailer I bought it from. They called the number for me. Luckily, I don't throw anything away, including my receipt of purchase. Because Edenpure did everything that they could to avoid honoring their warranty. They do not handle their own return and or warranty services. Those are handled by a third party. So next I was referred to them. Another hassle on the phone that included having to have the retailer fax a copy of all my paperwork to them. Even after the owner of the retailer assured them that he was looking at my dated receipt.

I was told they were going to honor the warranty and that they were going to send me a box and postage to return this heater to them and it would be repaired and sent back to me. Two days later (today the 17th) I received a refurbished heater from them. It is filthy, the "clean the filter light " is stuck on, and there's no box to return the one with the burned out bulbs with. I can promise you, I will NEVER EVER purchase another Edenpure product again. And I'll be happy to tell anyone I hear of, that if they are looking for a secondary heat source, they would be happier burning a tire in their living room.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I received a letter in the mail today with an offer to purchase an EdenPure Heater for only $99.00 from your available inventory!!! Tell me WHY I would purchase another heater when I was so rudely treated when notifying EdenPure about my incident with the first one I purchased! I was told it could not be replaced even though it was burning up filling my room with smoke and putting my family in a dangerous situation... I paid full price for my first one but I sure as heck would not buy a second one even if it was a dollar. I had a very poor experience with your customer service department! Can you please make sure your Executive Director gets to read this so she can fix the problem and no other family will have the same experience I did!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Original review: April 5, 2016

Eden Pure Humidifier - Would highly recommend that no one ever purchase anything from this company. This company does not respond when there is a problem with a customer's purchase. This product sounded great. However in March this item started putting the humidity down towards the bottom of the appliance and just turned into a huge pool of water. Called customer service assuming they would want to realize there was a issue, they could care less. We sent email with photos of wall and plug, they did not care. Told us it was out of warranty and tried to sell us a new plug.

We will never purchase another Edenpure and would advise others do the same. Their customer service department is rude and try to make customer think it is their fault. We were told that they would send us a return label which would allow us to return the product. We were charged $12.00 to receive this product, however, to return this item it would cost us $29.00. Because this product is not available for replacement they would refund our money less the $29.00 fee to return it.

Original review: March 24, 2016

We have purchase multiple Edenpure heaters but one has malfunctioned. Our heater was plugged in but not on and the plug shorted out, set off our smoke alarm in the middle of the night (thank God). We got to the breaker box and turned it off, however it had burnt black about 6 inches up our wall by that time the plug was completely burned off the unit. Had we not been home it would have been terrible. We had a electrician check and there was nothing wrong with our wall plug or our breaker, they were both 20 amp. Called customer service assuming they would want to realize there was a issue, they could care less - we sent email with photos of wall and plug, they did not care. Told us it was out of warranty and tried to sell us a new plug. We will never purchase another Edenpure and would advise others do the same. Their customer service department is rude and try to make customer think it is their fault.

Original review: March 20, 2016

Our Edenpure heater worked great for two years but then it started to put out cool air. We called the company and for $125.00 they would send us shipping labels and repair the heater and give a ninety day warranty on the work. Shipped it out the week before Christmas and had it back in 5 days. Worked for a day and started the same thing again. Called them and they sent shipping label and same thing 5 days and had it right back. This time it worked for a few weeks. Long story short this is a scam. They never fixed it and after ninety days they won't do anything for you even though it was never fixed. Woman was very rude. She told me they couldn't warrant it for ninety days each time they worked on it because warranty would never run out!! I guess because they are never going to fix it right. I question if any work was ever done on it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I ordered a heater last fall. It arrived broken. I contacted the company, and they send a label to return the heater. I chose to return it for a replacement. The replacement arrived... Broken! So I called & told them I wanted to return for refund. They sent a return label. They received the return of my second heater on 12/11/15. I waited for a refund, it did not come. Then a couple of days ago, I received a phone call from the company saying I owed them for a heater since they refunded me twice for some reason. I refused to give them my cc number, saying I wanted to check with my cc company. The cc company said they found the original charge on my account, but NO refunds at all since then. Not only did they never refund my purchase price, they tried to get more money from me for a heater I returned to them. Do not do any business with this company!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I bought the Edenpure Premier heater and am totally dissatisfied with it. I set the thermostat at 68 degrees which is 2 degrees below my main heat thermostat and it cycles off and on and only blows cold air when the temperature in the room reaches 68. If I set it to about 75 degrees it will never reach a shutoff point. The unit rattles due to a loose grill and the remote only functions if within a couple of feet of the unit. Expensive product that doesn't perform to expectations, so will not ever buy another product from this company.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

Unlike some of the reviews I have read, I had (and still have) great service from my Model Gen 3. I have had it 8, maybe 9 years and it still works great. It runs (very quietly) 24/7 during the winter months and keeps my 884 square foot 1st floor toasty warm. I had such good luck and service from it that I decided to buy a couple of Model 750's that were "on sale" for my basement and 2nd floor.

The model 750's arrived at the end of the winter and I didn't even take them out of the box until the next winter approx. 6-7 months later. The first thing that I immediately noticed was they were extremely loud. I can't hear the Gen 3 only 10 feet from me in the Living Room but could hear the 750's upstairs in the bedroom and downstairs in the basement. When I called Edenpure about this they advised me this was "normal" for this particular model, and also advised me that due to the time lapse I could neither return them or exchange them for a quieter model.

Okay, my bad for waiting so long to check out my purchase. But then these models arbitrarily started shutting themselves off for no apparent reason after running for only about an hour, in both the High and Auto modes. I called Edenpure back and told them about the problem and they gave me instructions on how to reset the thermostat. Followed their instructions but it didn't resolve the problem. When I called Edenpure a third time I was advised that I could return the heaters at my shipping expense (both ways) and they would repair the heaters. Two way shipping for the two heaters was going to be almost the price of one of the heaters. So now I have two loud heaters that may or may not work at any given time.

When I saw that Edenpure came out with a Model Gen 4 I thought it might be a better quality heater like the Gen 3, unlike the smaller and less expensive 750. Unfortunately I was wrong with my assumption. It worked well the first winter and wasn't as noisy as the 750's, but also not as quiet as the Gen 3. Now that I've been using it this second winter it has gotten louder (something inside is vibrating/rattling) and it also has been arbitrarily shutting itself off. I still had the instructions on how to reset the thermostat, but again it did not resolve the problem.

I chose to write this review versus contacting Edenpure about the Gen 4 because of the response(s) I received from their "Customer Service" in the past. Many retailers sell a variety of these quartz heaters now and most of them are approx. 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the Edenpure models. And if there are any problems with it I can just drive back to the store and exchange or return it - with no shipping fees.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I am very disappointed in Edenpure. I gave nearly 400.00 for this heater. The remote and control pads did not work, returned it, got another one, it was assembled poorly. I ask for a refund, it was past 30 days, they said, "No." It run for a few weeks and the ends of the bulbs fell or blew off, sent it back at more expense for me, waiting for another heater. Edenpure should have to refund people's money. These heaters are junk. After reading these complaints, I am afraid to use the thing.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I have had Edenpure Gen4 heater for 3 years and it works great at my house. I have powerful updated electrical lines. It states that you must have other heat set at 60 degrees. It takes a whole day of constant running to get house really hot and my furnace stays off at that point and Edenpure Gen4 goes on and off. It gives a warning that your wiring should be so strong and you need grounded plugs. My heater can't be turned on forever constantly and is only controlled by the temperature I have it set on. I have about twelve lights and when I push button then the more lights lit then the hotter it makes a room.

I had trouble with remote at first because I keep Edenpure on top of an old dishwasher and it wasn't til I put Edenpure on the floor and stood up and pressed buttons then I found the remote sensors are made where it expects you to be standing while Edenpure is at floor level for remote to work and to use the remote while the Edenpure is up on the dishwasher is hard to do. I don't have to adjust it after I get it adjusted just to the right temperature and then it turns off and on. I think some of the problems is in shipping as it's not protected well and no handle on box and delivery people were rough I felt with the box.

If your power lines are not large enough then it can overheat your lines which overheats the wall socket and then cords. The company doesn't do enough asking questions of buyers to make sure it will work in your house and the Edenpure heaters are not moveable like they say because it doesn't have a carry handle and needs a dedicated plug in with a grounded receptacle with like a 40 amp line. My Edenpure is 750 watts per hour and uses almost as much power as a refrigerator does. I check the cord and wall socket a few times every winter and it cold to touch.

Anyway Edenpure needs to make sure it will work out for you before selling it and they need one designed that is safer for people who have old wiring in their home. You can have a receptacle rewired for $100-$200 dollars. I had a line rewired for an air conditioner with a new outlet about 5 years ago for $143 dollars. I increased the line from a 20 amp line to a 30 amp line so there wouldn't be a risk of a fire from air conditioner pulling too much power through the lower amp line. It heats my house with the help of my furnace. It would take 3-4 regular room heaters to do the same thing. Anyway I hope this helps someone use the Edenpure.

EdenPURE expert review by ConsumerAffairs

EdenPURE is an Ohio-based innovator and manufacturer of home air care products. A division of Suarez Corporation Industries, EdenPURE specializes in air purifiers and portable space heaters.

• Innovative technology: As a home health product innovator, EdenPURE created a new technology for safe and efficient space heaters. EdenPURE heaters use quartz infrared light to create heat, which is then stored and distributed through a patented copper heat exchange system. This system does not create carbon monoxide, radiation or run the risk of overheating, so it can be safer for your home.

• Effective air purifiers: EdenPURE’s air purifier technology is a great choice for consumers with allergies or other respiratory illnesses. It can kill up to 99.99 percent of airborne pollutants. The air purifiers come in various sizes and price points to fit your needs.

• Helpful website: EdenPURE’s products are available at many major retailers, but those retailers may not be able to help you with the product’s specifics. You can visit the EdenPURE website to download product manuals, contact customer support representatives, read reviews and order replacement parts.

• Purchasing options: EdenPURE products can be purchased at several major retailers including Meijer, Lowe’s and Ace Hardware, among others. You can also purchase products online using all major credit cards or PayPal.

• Unconditional money-back guarantee: EdenPURE stands by its products and offers an unconditional guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, you can get a full refund. Guarantee timeframe varies by product.

• Best for: anyone concerned with the quality of their air.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs