1.46/5
Based on 263 reviews that contain star ratings

278 EdenPURE Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Bought one of the bladeless fans they advertise, the 360 Air Fan. It's suppose to move more air and promises to save you money...BS on both of those, it's no better than a regular fan and the price is really high!!! And their customer service is the worst, if you decide to return YOU have to pay shipping & insurance to get it back to them... If it breaks or malfunctions You have to pay the shipping back to them!!! I would never recommend this company or product.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Run great for a couple years, but then required expensive parts and labor to fix. Was not any cheaper to run than any other space heater. It is larger -takes up more space than most space heaters. It has a pleasant white noise/sound when running. It is a nice looking heater, and does not get hot to touch-probably safer around small kids than most heaters. It is boxy shaped which helps prevent tip over. The remote is nice, but does not allow you to see the current settings, so you can turn it up or down, but I usually have to go look at what it is currently set on to see what I want to change. This is a pain because the display is located on the top. I am short and have to get a chair to see the display since we have it up on a cabinet.

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I ordered the EdenPURE Climater heater the first week of February of 2018. I was very excited to receive the heater from reading about it on their website, mainly because of how well they claimed it would heat and the low cost of using the heater. When the heater arrived I immediately hooked it up and begin using it. I was amazed how little heat was coming out of it, so I got my infrared thermometer out and checked the temperature coming out. I could not find more than 72 degree of heat anywhere around the heater. I continued using the heater and trying different settings on the temp adjustment. The heater just didn't seem to be doing anything close to the claims.

After trying my best to like the heater a week I finally gave up on it and packaged it back in the box it came in... I came close to forgetting about sending it back until my power bill came in the mail. I was totally shocked at how much my power bill had increased from using the EdenPURE heater one week. If I had used the heater the entire Month that I had it my bill would've been so much I would not have been able to pay it on my fixed income.

This is copied from their website and it's a false statement if I've ever read one. This should be illegal to post such a complete lie as this. New 2018 Patented Breakthrough Design. U.S. Patent No. D799,014. The new 2018 EdenPURE 360 Super Climater Model 200 will slash your cooling and heating bills every month. It is portable and light so you can take it anywhere in your home including outside on warm days to keep you cool and comfortable. It cannot start a fire and is safe for children and pets. Cools 200% better than a ceiling fan. Compact and portable, even use it outside. Only costs $10.48 a month in electricity.

There's no way anyone could use this heater and it just cost $10.48 a Month unless they never turned it on. I would NOT recommend this heater to anyone. I am completely dissatisfied with the heater I bought and wasted nearly $100 from trying it including my cost of $35 to send it back and the increase in my power bill for the week I used the heater. I believe they should've at least paid for shipping to return it since it was guaranteed if I wasn't happy with it. I honestly believe the company has written all the reviews on their website because everyone was posted on the very same day and all have 5 stars. I hope this review is posted as I have written it because someone needs to let people know this isn't right to do this to their customers. If the other reviews I have read are correct, then something was badly wrong with the heater I purchased, but customer service didn't care what my reason was for returning the one I bought.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I was looking at a new product of theirs and saw a negative review of heaters. Our experience & (one heater for 7 years, one for over 10 year) was great. We would buy nothing else. We use both heaters during spring and fall rather than turning to our furnace. Both have run great all these years w/o one negative incident. When (?) they eventually stop working we will be buying new ones.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My son got home from work yesterday and went to turn the EdenPURE heater on. It was already plugged in, but was not on. It didn't come on so he checked the fuse box. He then noticed the power cord was arcing. He checked the plug and immediately saw the wall was burned. One of the prongs on the plug had burned completely off. He told me to take pictures and take them to where we purchased the heater. After reading all these comments, I see it will do no good. I will post this on social media and warn everyone I know not to purchase one of these. We were lucky. Our house didn't burn down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EdenPURE?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My 1st Edenpure heater actually lasted 5 years, until all the elements (6) literally burned out. The replacements cost $75! So, rather than spend that amount of money, I bought a newer one from Amazon Prime. It was the 3in1 stand-up infrared model. Well, right away it wouldn't put out any heat. As soon as it cycled on, it tripped the AC circuit breaker. Same thing happened on 3 separate circuits! I had to pay to ship it back for a refund! Not a Happy Camper!

Original review: April 17, 2017

We bought an Eden Pure Heater about a year ago and it was great, then it started making a noise. I contacted the company and they sent me a prepaid label to send it back and then replaced it with a brand new heater. Awesome customer service and great company.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Purchased Quartz Infrared Heater 2 years ago. Had been working great for heating our upstairs until a few days ago. Had noticed odor upstairs but could not find source. Since it really did not have an electrical burn smell we did not even think that our heater was the problem. Then about 6 hours later my husband was upstairs and noticed a pop and saw a spark from the outlet. Nothing inside was scorched just the plug and black soot outside of outlet. We took the cover off outlet to check. I just saw the other reviews and wanted to make others aware of risks.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I purchased a EdenPURE Gen 2 heater in March of 2016. Only used it very little since near the end of cold season. In the fall the heater makes a noise like something hitting the fan. Called customer service, I was sent a return label. I returned the heater, received the heater back in about 2 weeks. The first night it woke me at 3 AM making the same noise. Called again, I was told I would get a new heater. I received a refurbished heater. Called and said the heaters were made in China and they could not tell me it was a new heater. I would never buy another heater from EdenPURE. Too pricing and not good customer service.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Eden Pure advertise that it costs just pennies a day to operate. My electric bill went up $130 a month. That's about 433 pennies a day. I guess that they wouldn't sell many if they said that it would cost you $4 to $5 a day to run it. So it cost me roughly $32-$33 a week. My propane cost me about $10 to $12 a week. So as far as saving me money on my heating bills the last thing that I want to use is a Eden Pure.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

First purchased EdenPURE gen 3 in 2011. After two seasons six months of use the cord melted and burnt the first receptacle in the picture that I sent. We were unaware what was burning because of the location of the receptacle. It was behind the chair on the wall in the living room a common place for a receptacle. Then we smelled something again when we came home from shopping and noticed the power was out. It never worked again. We were unaware of the cause So my wife purchased a refurbished EdenPURE USA 1000 refurbished unit $177 from EdenPURE. Then on my wife's birthday this unit exploded the receptacle, as you see in the picture. When I called EdenPURE they told me to throw it away and they sent me a wall hugger. The wall hugger we used about a week and it kicked on and kicked off will not come back on.

Now both of these units or on a separate circuit with no appliances 15 amp breaker like the instruction booklet said and this happen. How can a company get away with something like this. And with all the customer complaints and death and more will probably die from this mistake. I am a Vietnam veteran. My wife is on disability and I am filing for disability. Money is tight but lives should not be taken by a corporate mistake. I do realize that me and my wife both are very very lucky not to be a casualty in this mess now she is worried because of a big company and the way people end up missing or dead she fears for her life now because of me making this statement. You might think it's paranoia. I think it's reality.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I called customer service - 800-588-5604 - to remove my mother's name from their mailing list since she passed away. They told me that for security purposes they cannot remove her name until I send them a death certificate!!! What a crock! We have mountains of red tape and paperwork to deal with not to mention the emotional toll of losing a parent. Such hubris! Requiring a grieving family to send a death certificate just so that their deceased relative stops receiving their JUNK mail takes time & energy, and is absolutely ridiculous! This company needs to rethink its "policies". They have been put at the top of our "never order from these idiots" list!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Have had for 6 years with no issues. This year the plug exploded like a battery during the night, while we slept, and charred my outlet. Called Edenpure customer service to inform them of a faulty plug incident and they told me it is not their problem and that they do not report incidents like this because it is not their problem but is caused by customers and their homes wiring. These heaters are billing and claim to be the safest on the market yet they have plugs that explode like corroded batteries? These are not safe and never again will I use one in my home. My vacuum, fan, and scented plug in have never exploded and charred my outlet like the Edenpure heater plug did. This incident needs to be on record and addressed before someone's home and/or lives are lost due to unsafe malfunctioning plugs!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

On Feb 14th 2015 I bought an Edenpure heater, by the end of winter the infrared bulbs had burned out. I put it in the back room until a couple days ago (Nov 15, 2016). It was still under warranty and SOME of the paperwork said I could return it to the seller or contact the phone number supplied. But some of the paperwork said NOT to take it to the retailer. I took it to the retailer I bought it from. They called the number for me. Luckily, I don't throw anything away, including my receipt of purchase. Because Edenpure did everything that they could to avoid honoring their warranty. They do not handle their own return and or warranty services. Those are handled by a third party. So next I was referred to them. Another hassle on the phone that included having to have the retailer fax a copy of all my paperwork to them. Even after the owner of the retailer assured them that he was looking at my dated receipt.

I was told they were going to honor the warranty and that they were going to send me a box and postage to return this heater to them and it would be repaired and sent back to me. Two days later (today the 17th) I received a refurbished heater from them. It is filthy, the "clean the filter light " is stuck on, and there's no box to return the one with the burned out bulbs with. I can promise you, I will NEVER EVER purchase another Edenpure product again. And I'll be happy to tell anyone I hear of, that if they are looking for a secondary heat source, they would be happier burning a tire in their living room.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I received a letter in the mail today with an offer to purchase an EdenPure Heater for only $99.00 from your available inventory!!! Tell me WHY I would purchase another heater when I was so rudely treated when notifying EdenPure about my incident with the first one I purchased! I was told it could not be replaced even though it was burning up filling my room with smoke and putting my family in a dangerous situation... I paid full price for my first one but I sure as heck would not buy a second one even if it was a dollar. I had a very poor experience with your customer service department! Can you please make sure your Executive Director gets to read this so she can fix the problem and no other family will have the same experience I did!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Original review: April 5, 2016

Eden Pure Humidifier - Would highly recommend that no one ever purchase anything from this company. This company does not respond when there is a problem with a customer's purchase. This product sounded great. However in March this item started putting the humidity down towards the bottom of the appliance and just turned into a huge pool of water. Called customer service assuming they would want to realize there was a issue, they could care less. We sent email with photos of wall and plug, they did not care. Told us it was out of warranty and tried to sell us a new plug.

We will never purchase another Edenpure and would advise others do the same. Their customer service department is rude and try to make customer think it is their fault. We were told that they would send us a return label which would allow us to return the product. We were charged $12.00 to receive this product, however, to return this item it would cost us $29.00. Because this product is not available for replacement they would refund our money less the $29.00 fee to return it.

Original review: March 24, 2016

We have purchase multiple Edenpure heaters but one has malfunctioned. Our heater was plugged in but not on and the plug shorted out, set off our smoke alarm in the middle of the night (thank God). We got to the breaker box and turned it off, however it had burnt black about 6 inches up our wall by that time the plug was completely burned off the unit. Had we not been home it would have been terrible. We had a electrician check and there was nothing wrong with our wall plug or our breaker, they were both 20 amp. Called customer service assuming they would want to realize there was a issue, they could care less - we sent email with photos of wall and plug, they did not care. Told us it was out of warranty and tried to sell us a new plug. We will never purchase another Edenpure and would advise others do the same. Their customer service department is rude and try to make customer think it is their fault.

Original review: March 20, 2016

Our Edenpure heater worked great for two years but then it started to put out cool air. We called the company and for $125.00 they would send us shipping labels and repair the heater and give a ninety day warranty on the work. Shipped it out the week before Christmas and had it back in 5 days. Worked for a day and started the same thing again. Called them and they sent shipping label and same thing 5 days and had it right back. This time it worked for a few weeks. Long story short this is a scam. They never fixed it and after ninety days they won't do anything for you even though it was never fixed. Woman was very rude. She told me they couldn't warrant it for ninety days each time they worked on it because warranty would never run out!! I guess because they are never going to fix it right. I question if any work was ever done on it.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I ordered a heater last fall. It arrived broken. I contacted the company, and they send a label to return the heater. I chose to return it for a replacement. The replacement arrived... Broken! So I called & told them I wanted to return for refund. They sent a return label. They received the return of my second heater on 12/11/15. I waited for a refund, it did not come. Then a couple of days ago, I received a phone call from the company saying I owed them for a heater since they refunded me twice for some reason. I refused to give them my cc number, saying I wanted to check with my cc company. The cc company said they found the original charge on my account, but NO refunds at all since then. Not only did they never refund my purchase price, they tried to get more money from me for a heater I returned to them. Do not do any business with this company!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I bought the Edenpure Premier heater and am totally dissatisfied with it. I set the thermostat at 68 degrees which is 2 degrees below my main heat thermostat and it cycles off and on and only blows cold air when the temperature in the room reaches 68. If I set it to about 75 degrees it will never reach a shutoff point. The unit rattles due to a loose grill and the remote only functions if within a couple of feet of the unit. Expensive product that doesn't perform to expectations, so will not ever buy another product from this company.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

Unlike some of the reviews I have read, I had (and still have) great service from my Model Gen 3. I have had it 8, maybe 9 years and it still works great. It runs (very quietly) 24/7 during the winter months and keeps my 884 square foot 1st floor toasty warm. I had such good luck and service from it that I decided to buy a couple of Model 750's that were "on sale" for my basement and 2nd floor.

The model 750's arrived at the end of the winter and I didn't even take them out of the box until the next winter approx. 6-7 months later. The first thing that I immediately noticed was they were extremely loud. I can't hear the Gen 3 only 10 feet from me in the Living Room but could hear the 750's upstairs in the bedroom and downstairs in the basement. When I called Edenpure about this they advised me this was "normal" for this particular model, and also advised me that due to the time lapse I could neither return them or exchange them for a quieter model.

Okay, my bad for waiting so long to check out my purchase. But then these models arbitrarily started shutting themselves off for no apparent reason after running for only about an hour, in both the High and Auto modes. I called Edenpure back and told them about the problem and they gave me instructions on how to reset the thermostat. Followed their instructions but it didn't resolve the problem. When I called Edenpure a third time I was advised that I could return the heaters at my shipping expense (both ways) and they would repair the heaters. Two way shipping for the two heaters was going to be almost the price of one of the heaters. So now I have two loud heaters that may or may not work at any given time.

When I saw that Edenpure came out with a Model Gen 4 I thought it might be a better quality heater like the Gen 3, unlike the smaller and less expensive 750. Unfortunately I was wrong with my assumption. It worked well the first winter and wasn't as noisy as the 750's, but also not as quiet as the Gen 3. Now that I've been using it this second winter it has gotten louder (something inside is vibrating/rattling) and it also has been arbitrarily shutting itself off. I still had the instructions on how to reset the thermostat, but again it did not resolve the problem.

I chose to write this review versus contacting Edenpure about the Gen 4 because of the response(s) I received from their "Customer Service" in the past. Many retailers sell a variety of these quartz heaters now and most of them are approx. 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the Edenpure models. And if there are any problems with it I can just drive back to the store and exchange or return it - with no shipping fees.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I am very disappointed in Edenpure. I gave nearly 400.00 for this heater. The remote and control pads did not work, returned it, got another one, it was assembled poorly. I ask for a refund, it was past 30 days, they said, "No." It run for a few weeks and the ends of the bulbs fell or blew off, sent it back at more expense for me, waiting for another heater. Edenpure should have to refund people's money. These heaters are junk. After reading these complaints, I am afraid to use the thing.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I have had Edenpure Gen4 heater for 3 years and it works great at my house. I have powerful updated electrical lines. It states that you must have other heat set at 60 degrees. It takes a whole day of constant running to get house really hot and my furnace stays off at that point and Edenpure Gen4 goes on and off. It gives a warning that your wiring should be so strong and you need grounded plugs. My heater can't be turned on forever constantly and is only controlled by the temperature I have it set on. I have about twelve lights and when I push button then the more lights lit then the hotter it makes a room.

I had trouble with remote at first because I keep Edenpure on top of an old dishwasher and it wasn't til I put Edenpure on the floor and stood up and pressed buttons then I found the remote sensors are made where it expects you to be standing while Edenpure is at floor level for remote to work and to use the remote while the Edenpure is up on the dishwasher is hard to do. I don't have to adjust it after I get it adjusted just to the right temperature and then it turns off and on. I think some of the problems is in shipping as it's not protected well and no handle on box and delivery people were rough I felt with the box.

If your power lines are not large enough then it can overheat your lines which overheats the wall socket and then cords. The company doesn't do enough asking questions of buyers to make sure it will work in your house and the Edenpure heaters are not moveable like they say because it doesn't have a carry handle and needs a dedicated plug in with a grounded receptacle with like a 40 amp line. My Edenpure is 750 watts per hour and uses almost as much power as a refrigerator does. I check the cord and wall socket a few times every winter and it cold to touch.

Anyway Edenpure needs to make sure it will work out for you before selling it and they need one designed that is safer for people who have old wiring in their home. You can have a receptacle rewired for $100-$200 dollars. I had a line rewired for an air conditioner with a new outlet about 5 years ago for $143 dollars. I increased the line from a 20 amp line to a 30 amp line so there wouldn't be a risk of a fire from air conditioner pulling too much power through the lower amp line. It heats my house with the help of my furnace. It would take 3-4 regular room heaters to do the same thing. Anyway I hope this helps someone use the Edenpure.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

This heater is absolutely the worst. At first I was happy to have it. It's supposed to be energy efficient and heat well. I'm using it in a smaller room roughly 11' x 11'. There's simply no way of adjusting this heater to where it won't just keep continuously running non-stop. The only way to get it to stop heating is to press the power button so it finally shuts off. I come from a technical background. Yes, I've read the manual. Yes, I've read what little troubleshooting advice there is on the Edenpure website and on google. I've turned it all the way up for 4 minutes or so and then tried adjusting back down until the thermostat clicks. It never clicks. Would you like to know why? Because there ISN'T any thermostat. You heard correct. It doesn't even have one. No wonder it just stays on. Oh, but I've found the replacement thermostat for this model online.

After disassembling the unit myself there isn't any such part nor anywhere to plug it into the circuit board. After taking it apart I noticed one of the ceramic caps for an element was laying loose on the bottom and wasn't even on the glass tube. This didn't happen during disassembly. It's been running like that for who knows how long. Apparently they're just kind of loose on there. This heater does eventually heat my room although it takes a while to do so. Unfortunately it gets too hot and I'm forced to shut it off before bed. I live in upstate NY and wake up at around 1 or 2 AM freezing and I keep catching a cold I can't get rid of.

I wish there was a way to hook up a thermostat and I was going to attempt to do so (I'm not worried about voiding a warranty from a company that would never back it up anyway). I thought I'd simply replace the bad one or modify it but the lack of one to begin with makes this task next to impossible so cleanly back together it goes. I'm glad I also got a look at how poorly this was put together. Screws missing, things not tightened down properly. Wire harnesses loose. It's making me reconsider using this heater at all.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

I purchased pureWash because of the way it was advertised. After a period of use my wife found due to the processing of the water the water flow was so slow it took forever to fill the washing machine. It also caused some of her blouses to ball up on the surface which had never happened before. We called the company. They just gave excuses but no solution. It was beyond the trial period but we disconnected the unit so we were out the cost of the machine.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

I purchased the EdenPure GEN 4 heater and it has been nothing but problems. In the 4 years I have owned it, it has quit 4 times. I've had to replace the elements myself twice and sent it back for a replacement once (at my own expense). This heater caught fire and could have burned my house down. Fortunately I was in the same room, asleep on the sofa in the den when the heater malfunctioned. I woke up in the middle of the night to a popping, crackling sound to find a full flame burning where the heater was plugged into the wall. The heater was not on at the time and had not been on for days. The cord just bursted into flame and burned the wall and the outlet where it was plugged. I immediately pulled the cord out of the wall to find the prongs completed burned off and damage to my house.

After a certified electrician made an assessment, it was deemed that the fault originated in the cord. The outlet still worked despite the damage and the wiring in the wall was unharmed and in tact. I am scared of this heater. EdenPure told me that it was my fault since I do not unplug it when it was not in use. This product is poor representation of the Made in America label. Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I felt that less than four years of fair service from a $400.00 gen 3 heater that just broke the chill that I was right to be dissatisfied. After reading reviews however, I see how lucky I was and won't throw good money after bad with short lasting repairs. Additionally, energy consumption was much higher than expected by me.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

I bought this heater about a month and a half ago. Since then it has only been used once or twice since it has been pretty warm for this time of year. Now it is getting cold and I really need it to work and all it does is blow cold air. Tried to call the customer service representative and have been told I need to buy these heat bulbs in order for it to work properly. I just bought it and it has only been used twice and now I need to spend more money on it?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

My wife had purchased one of these above heaters. All it blows it hot air and that is what you get when the company is contacted is deception. I would not recommend the purchase of one of these heaters unless you need a door stop. We ordered this direct from the company and they have no record of the purchase.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

Ordered a portable heater in October 2014 because my husband "trusts" Bob Vila. Took nearly two weeks to receive. Opened the box, followed the setup instructions, plugged it in... Nothing. Unplugged, did everything again... Nothing. Called customer service and went through the whole rigamarole of unplugging, resetting, etc. NOTHING. They sent a return label; we packed it up in the original box and returned it. After nearly FIVE weeks, we received a replacement unit. It did work but did not even heat up a 200 sq. ft. space, even running 24 hr. I finally went to Costco online, ordered a Heat Storm, received it in 3 days -- no shipping costs -- plugged it in and it worked. Not only did it work, but it heated up the space.

Fast forward to October 2015. I thought I would give the Edenpure another chance -- it had been sitting in a closet since last December. Plugged it in, turned it on, waited and waited for the chill to be taken out of the room. Well I guess you know the rest of the story. This heater is bound for the garbage truck -- I wouldn't even give it to the local thrift store.

EdenPURE expert review by ConsumerAffairs

EdenPURE is an Ohio-based innovator and manufacturer of home air care products. A division of Suarez Corporation Industries, EdenPURE specializes in air purifiers and portable space heaters.

• Innovative technology: As a home health product innovator, EdenPURE created a new technology for safe and efficient space heaters. EdenPURE heaters use quartz infrared light to create heat, which is then stored and distributed through a patented copper heat exchange system. This system does not create carbon monoxide, radiation or run the risk of overheating, so it can be safer for your home.

• Effective air purifiers: EdenPURE’s air purifier technology is a great choice for consumers with allergies or other respiratory illnesses. It can kill up to 99.99 percent of airborne pollutants. The air purifiers come in various sizes and price points to fit your needs.

• Helpful website: EdenPURE’s products are available at many major retailers, but those retailers may not be able to help you with the product’s specifics. You can visit the EdenPURE website to download product manuals, contact customer support representatives, read reviews and order replacement parts.

• Purchasing options: EdenPURE products can be purchased at several major retailers including Meijer, Lowe’s and Ace Hardware, among others. You can also purchase products online using all major credit cards or PayPal.

• Unconditional money-back guarantee: EdenPURE stands by its products and offers an unconditional guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, you can get a full refund. Guarantee timeframe varies by product.

• Best for: anyone concerned with the quality of their air.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs