Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (227 ratings)
Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About EdenPURE

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

EdenPURE Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EdenPURE?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about EdenPURE?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I have a 300 sq. ft. kitchen and the Gen 4 cannot warm it. So I put a meat thermometer in the front of the Gen 4 and it got to 118 degrees. Put the same thermometer in front of my 15" screen laptop and it got to 99 degrees. Sitting 30 inches from front of Gen 4 and you cant feel any heat, you have to put your hand at least 6 inches from the front to feel heat. Highly recommend researching other types of heaters and not spending $300 for this brand. Mine has been sitting in the kitchen corner for 5 years unused.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Edenpure is selling space heaters that are NOT as good as the older one I bought in the past. Same price, best model and a lot lighter, smaller and not as much heat which means more money to operate. Way Back bought a Model GEN-3 which was great. After that wore out in about 8 years, they sold me a Model Classic Plus. Just not as good and cost the same.

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I ordered an EdenPURE AirDog for my kitty whose litter box and food are in the basement. I waited one week and decided to check the status of my order. In order to do this I had to enter my phone number. It said that the order was “pending.” Ii know that there was a charge for the unity. I checked my bank and the charge had cleared. I contacted Edenpure by email and I waited for a response for a week. It did not receive one one. I became Concerned and Contacted my bank Chase. They did an inquiry with my banks who took care of the situation on for me. The next day I received a response from edenpure finally. There was no apology or understanding, just a very defensive email letting me know that they charge at the time of purchase and that not when the orders ships.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have the Oxi Leaf and mostly I like it. However in the manual it states the light that is on during the day will go off in the dark. Also it stated that you can turn the sound down to quiet. Both are not true. You can not do either. The light is so bright it also comes out of the side vents where the air comes thru and you have very bright streams of light on your walls. No matter. I called customer service and was told the company is aware of all this and oh well no change made either to the manual or the product. Could they not even put and additional information slip in with the manual. This is a reprehensible way to do business. It seems to do what it claims to do as far as freshening/cleaning the air. But the is no confidence in this type of action or more like non action by EdenPURE.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

We started selling Edenpure heaters back in September 2008. The heaters at that time were the 1000XL and later the Gen 3s. Both of those were excellent heaters and even with the 3-year warranty we had a warranty return rate at less than 1%. Then Edenpure told us how wonderful their new heater was. They were coming out with the Sylvania bulbs and extending the warranty to 5 years. After we started selling them, at least half of the new Gen 4 and US1000 heaters with the Sylvania bulbs failed in the first year. Even though they were supposed to be warrantied for 5 years, Edenpure fought us tooth and nail to keep from paying any of the warranty costs. They would not reimburse us for parts and if we shipped it back to Edenpure, they would make the customer pay the return cost and then send them a different repaired heater that didn't work either.

Since we know how to work on Edenpure heaters, apparently better than they do, we attempted to alleviate the problem by becoming a warranty center. We took the extensive test. We took pictures of our complete line of electronic testers. And we took pictures of the complete business-store, sign, etc. They never certified us and would never answer back, even after dozens of phone calls and emails. When we went to a hardware show, we talked to the Edenpure rep. He put on a big show about how responsive they are to dealers and especially for warranty claims. So we started to call him every time we had a problem. Pretty soon he said, "I know you guys are older like me, but I just discovered this wonderful invention called email. From now on you need to just contact me that way." We soon figured out why. It was a lot easier to ignore us.

This year without any notice we just found out that Edenpure is no longer distributing any products or parts through their dealer organization. That means we will only be able to help repair customer's heaters with the parts that we still have in stock. We are working on finding another source so that we can take care of customers that Edenpure does not give a rip about, but we are finding out it is not easy to get parts elsewhere either.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

This fan was a gift from my mom. She had it shipped from the supplier direct. It ran fine for about six months and just quit. I tried unplugging it and plugging into a different outlet, still didn't work. I tried the remote, it was dead. I turned it over and clear as day, Made in China. Explains everything. I would not recommend this fan to anyone. My mom paid almost $90 for this junk. I took the back off to see if something was unplugged and the washers for the two bolts are made of wax. Yelp first for me. I will research everything I buy to see where it's made. You must research a lot to find the real makers too. It's shows Edenpure is in the US but the product I have from Edenpure is Made in China.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I purchased this unit after a neighbor swore it worked great. Nothing has changed since I purchased and installed the unit. I still have hard water deposits, that actually seem to be worse. I contacted EdenPURE to and let them know that I was disappointed that it wasn't working like they claimed. The support person, said they hadn't had any problems and lots of satisfied users. She then suggest I purchase an additional Scale Rid because perhaps the one I had was too small for the home. I had purchased a portable cooling/heating unit which works pretty good, but I won't purchase anything else from this company. In looking at the reviews and ratings on ConsumerAffairs, I wish I had read these before I bought.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Marble cookware states hundreds of meals cooked to simulate years of normal household use, non scratch, virtually indestructible. Well I can tell you it is not true. It's flaking off the bottom of the pans, very disappointed as this was NOT cheap! Never buy from EdenPURE again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have owned the Gen4 heater since October 2010 and have never experienced any of the problems I read from other reviews. I did have a problem with the replacement of bulbs by a so called repair facility. The factory installed set lasted less than two years then after a warranty replacement they lasted another two years. That business quit doing work for EdenPURE so I contacted the company and they sent me a set free of charge since the 4 year warranty was still in effect. I replaced them myself and haven't touch it since and this heater is used a lot. Plug getting hot? Never once.

I can't claim that it saves money but I can say it is a great supplement heat source. I use it daily during the winter (only when I'm home) in my apartment and it keeps two average size rooms quite toasty. The setting never set higher than 6. I do like the safety factor compared to those other types of space heaters I owned in the past. Maybe the quality of build since I purchased mine is the reason others have had issues. I know that my cousin has used two of this model in his home for longer than I have and he loves them. In fact he was the one that made me research and buy one. From my point of view they produce a good product. Are they the best on the market? I can't say. I find it to be a quality product and customer service was very quick to provide me with replacement bulbs. Friendly on the phone too!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

May work for 1-1/2 years. Then if you want to get really frustrated and consume time be sure to buy more heater elements, they may even be free. Totally dissatisfied with unitS plural, service and attempting to resolve issue with Company.

EdenPURE author review by Shawn Bayless

EdenPURE is an Ohio-based innovator and manufacturer of home air care products. A division of Suarez Corporation Industries, EdenPURE specializes in air purifiers and portable space heaters.

• Innovative technology: As a home health product innovator, EdenPURE created a new technology for safe and efficient space heaters. EdenPURE heaters use quartz infrared light to create heat, which is then stored and distributed through a patented copper heat exchange system. This system does not create carbon monoxide, radiation or run the risk of overheating, so it can be safer for your home.

• Effective air purifiers: EdenPURE’s air purifier technology is a great choice for consumers with allergies or other respiratory illnesses. It can kill up to 99.99 percent of airborne pollutants. The air purifiers come in various sizes and price points to fit your needs.

• Helpful website: EdenPURE’s products are available at many major retailers, but those retailers may not be able to help you with the product’s specifics. You can visit the EdenPURE website to download product manuals, contact customer support representatives, read reviews and order replacement parts.

• Purchasing options: EdenPURE products can be purchased at several major retailers including Meijer, Lowe’s and Ace Hardware, among others. You can also purchase products online using all major credit cards or PayPal.

• Unconditional money-back guarantee: EdenPURE stands by its products and offers an unconditional guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, you can get a full refund. Guarantee timeframe varies by product.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

EdenPURE Company Information