2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Dacor Appliances

Dacor Appliances
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.41/5

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

Dacor Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 26, 2020

We purchased this oven/cooktop was installed in February 2020. I have been unhappy with the performance of the smaller oven from the beginning. It takes 20 minutes to pre-heat, a loud fan starts to run partway during the pre-heating process and then warm air starts to flow out the bottom. Plus, it is not either holding the correct temperature or not reaching it completely, nothing I cook in there is done in a appropriate amount of time. Baking a small potato takes an hour and a half at 375, brownies take almost twice the approximate baking time. My attempts to contact them have been less than satisfactory. I wrote for a second time over two weeks ago providing a copy of the invoice and have still heard nothing. I am quite disappointed with this product & company.

Original review: June 26, 2020

The stainless burners corroded quickly. The wrong parts came with the grill, and Dacor would not fix the problem without charging outrageously to fix the problem. The thermometer on the unit did not work correctly. All screws in the firebox corroded quickly. Very poor construction and customer service.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I purchased a complete Dacor Kitchen package worth close to $20k for a home I did a renovation on. We had the dishwasher a month and it has not worked since. Finally they sent out someone to service it. The service tech said nothing was wrong with it. The next day after the servicemen left it was back making the same horrible sounds and AGAIN not working. I called warranty for about the 8th time and all the rep could tell me is... that did we read our manual and make sure we were operating it properly???? WOW!! I'm a custom home builder and have bought numerous high end appliances packages and generally have had good service and even replacement if it's a major problem. Dacor makes it sound like this is my fault, that they sold me an INFERIOR product!! Don't waste your money on DACOR. Miele, Wolf, Sub Zero all have superior products and service!!

Original review: June 4, 2020

We own 3 Dacor appliances, gas cooktop, microwave & built in oven. From the day of installation of wall oven there was a problem. Without going into detail suffice to say it was repaired 3 times within several months, under warranty. We were having issues with our microwave not working consistently, after several service visits, not under warranty, we now are told it will cost over $600 for the part. We are now looking for another brand of microwave instead of fixing the Dacor.

On a side note the rings for our Dacor gas cooktop never come clean no matter how hard you try. The material used are definitely inferior. We have another property with all KitchenAid and have been happy with the performance. Our fridge & dishwasher are KitchenAid and I regret not getting the same brand for our other appliances. If I could give a minus star for Dacor I most certainly would do so.

Original review: May 31, 2020

The refrigerator was installed in April 2017, a $20,000 purchase. It had problems from the beginning and they've only gotten worse. The unit was replaced (not the exterior, of course) during the first year. And now, less than a year later, it is not working once again. We've been waiting over a week for a service call and have lost thousands in groceries - have had to eat almost every meal elsewhere - and have not received a single response from their service department. I will NEVER purchase another Dacor product again. I am preparing for legal action.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Warning: Warning, safety hazzard for all, adults and children. Recommendation: The knobs should be set on the top of the stove, not the front where children can reach. Control knobs should click when fire and gas is turned off, and highest flame setting should be at the end of the turn just like a clock. I inherited this range as new owner of the house. Today I used the high flame option of the gas stove. When I was done with cooking, I turned off the gas according to the knob position, front of the turn. Later I discovered the range was not exactly off. It was still hot but no flame could be seen.

I checked by sight the control knob position, it was set incorrectly in off. Then I touched it and realized the knob actually has a bit more to go to the end, slightly before the off position. Therefore it continues to release gas with unobservable flame. This knob does not click when user turns it to the "off" position. It is just a silent knob with an inaccurate cue of a heavier black line for off and on indication. Besides, high flame setting comes at the beginning of the turn of the knob rather than the end, it is counter intuitive to our mind of increase heat by turning the knob further on, like our clock. Oven racks are hard to put back after cleaning. Once a rack almost tumble out while food was sitting on it.

Original review: May 16, 2020

First six month, dishwasher rusted on the inside. Dacor gave us a less expensive in its place. First year, microwave was repaired five times. Microwave has a piece of wood to hold the door in place. Wall Oven, the broiler never work. Present, range oven does not work at all. We have a repairman that is trying to get parts. Present, refrigeration control panel does not work, need repair. These appliances were to be a our luxury kitchen, but turn into a nightmare. Do not buy this appliance, you are wasting your money.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I purchased a column, panel ready fridge and freezer. There was a promotion for 10% rebate, which took me 3 months of emails to obtain and they only issued a partial rebate even though I supplied them with proof of purchase. The service was dismal. The app for the cameras and interface with the appliance hasn't worked the whole time I have had the units. They look pretty and work ok as far as cooling, but for the price they charge they should provide exceptional customer service and being that Samsung owns them you would think that the app would function.

Original review: April 29, 2020

2017 purchased 36” range. First year- self cleaning overheated, replaced part. That was in 1 years warranty. But now: only 3 years barely: (I don't even cook much). Oven turns off by itself if I open the door. Oven does not turn off when I am done cooking. If I cook 450f pops warning of temp overheat. Called ABT service (this is where Dacor said) it cost $219 for a service guy to call dacor and to give me answer: I think it is android board. I have to buy a board. Plus per Dacor this board will not have wifi. So there is no Discovery- paid extra for extras I can not have...

Original review: April 17, 2020

Updated on 05/12/2020: I wrote a review of our Dacor kitchen and gave the company a review of 2 stars because the cooktop, ovens, and hood blower all have failed at some point. The real issue is that the company doesn't support products after sale to quote them "they do their best"... The other problem is this site, it allows companies to claim they are or have resolved issues, without a response or comment from the customer about what the Companies "Resolution" entailed. Sending me an e-mail that says sorry the thousands of dollars you invested in our products only bought you "up to" 7 years of replacement parts, isn't what most people would call a Resolution. After months of working with the retailer and Dacor the e-mail below is what they consider a Resolution:

Subject: Dacor customer service **

Hello Mr. **,

We would first like to thank you for staying a Dacor customer for as long as you have and would like to apologized for the inconvenience.

As a manufacture we are constantly innovating products and at some point parts and units do become obsolete. Dacor does provide parts for as long as we possibly can. Once the appliance becomes obsolete we are only required to hold parts for up to 7 years.

We again thank you for being a Dacor customer. Be safe during this pandemic. Have a great day.

DENISE ** | Customer Service Representative

O: (833) 353-5483 x** F: (626) 403-3130

Original Review: We built a new home in 2003 and purchased Dacor Preference appliances. Including a 6 burner cooktop, double 30 inch wall ovens, warming drawer, a microwave, and large hood with a remote blower. All the appliances are stainless. We enjoy home cooked meals and prepared at least one meal a day. Our kitchen is a work place not a show place. So these are my feelings after 16 years of use.

The Cooktop has plastic knobs and a rubber gasket under each burner and piezo electric igniters. All of these items have failed over the years. I replaced the burners some years ago because when the gasket fails the burners sputter and liquid spills leak into the bottom of the cooktop. Replacement burners fixed the problem for a while but the burner design makes this a point of failure. Additionally, the burners were expensive so we're back to sputtering burners and disassembly for cleaning. One of the plastic rings under the flame control knobs broke, we've ordered a new ring ($26) a couple of months ago but Dacor can't give us an estimated delivery date. For the past few years the Piezo electric starters only light half the burners, (they spark but the burners don't light) not a big deal but these are high end appliances, using a match to light the burners is definitely 1950's.

The 30 inch double ovens are a great size for bakers like us. The Convection feature is great. However, the first time we ran the self cleaning cycle on the upper oven the door handle on the bottom oven bubbled and melted. The real issue with ovens today, is that Dacor has stopped making replacement parts including the electric heating elements. So even though we spent nearly $3,200 for these ovens, Dacor no longer supports them.

The Microwave never worked correctly and we replaced it almost immediately. At that time Dacor used relabeled Sharp microwaves. Finally, I'm not a fan of cooking smells in the house. So, we purchased 48 inch hood with a 10 inch inline blower. This week it failed. The motor hums but the fan doesn't turn. So replacement parts? Nope. If you decide to purchase Dacor be aware that the company doesn't provide support for their products in the long term.

Dacor Appliances Company Information