Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Dacor Appliances
3.65/5

Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Dacor Appliances Reviews

Original review: May 29, 2019

We bought a whole new kitchen's worth of Dacor appliances - the Modernist line. It's too soon to review their performance, but so far they work well and look fabulous. Most importantly, I had an issue registering my appliances for warranty. I sent an email and not only did they resolve all my issues, registered everything for me, they also notified me I was eligible for an extended free warranty program, and they set it all up for me without any effort on my part. I wouldn't have even known if they hadn't done it for me. So far, I'd say that they have stellar customer service. When researching online before making the choice to go with Dacor, I had trouble finding information and reviews. I wanted to make sure and share my good experience since all too often people only share when they have had a negative one. I hope this is helpful to someone looking to buy!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I had a Thermador kitchen for more than 25 years and I was very happy with their products; I had a Thermador slide-in range with downdraft vent and a dishwasher and a KitchenAid refrigerator, but it was time to upgrade. Now, I upgraded my whole kitchen with all Dacor products and I am super happy, my 30 inch range top has extra wide grates which allows my wife to cook with extra large pans when she prepares food for donation, my updraft vent catches smoke and grease much better than my downdraft, my refrigeration is very nice looking with french door and middle refrigeration for my cold drinks and my dishwasher is very quiet. I invited a few friends home and they have admire my new kitchen. It has been more than months since I bought it and no problems.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have owned a Dacor stainless steel 5 burner gas cooktop since 2008. The cooktop is so flexible, having different size burners for me to use while I cook. The part I love about it most is the stainless steel area around my burners. I was told that I can use other methods of cleaning that area that would most likely scratch the finish of other manufacturer's units, and they were right! A neighbor of mine bought a different stainless steel cooktop around the same time. Initially, their cooktop looked more polished around the burners, but now their surface looks scratched and worn. My Dacor, however, looks just like it did day one! I try not to leave stains on there for too long, but the finish around the burners saves me every time!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have the Dacor 30" all gas range in my house and it is the best. The grates take up the whole top surface of the stove area, so I have a ton of room to cook on. Basically, I can fit 4 giant pots on the stove at the same time, so I'm ready anytime a chili cookout might break out. This is also super convenient during tamale season and soup season because I can put up to 4 giant stockpots on the stove simultaneously. In the event that I spill, it's easy to remove the grates and give the surface a nice wipe up. As far as the oven, I totally rule the holiday season because I can fit up to 3 full size 18x36" catering sheets in at the same time, so basically, I can cook 4 dozen or more cookies in one shot, leaving me tons more time with family and friends than if I was baking 1 sheet at a time. Thank you Dacor!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I remodeled a kitchen in a high end house and so wanted nice appliances. I had KitchenAid (which I'd had a lot of issues with) for about 16 years. (Since I built the house - the fridge was rebuilt 3 times.) While looking for which appliances to use we were at an open house and a chef was cooking and giving a talk on the Dacor ovens in it. So... I reviewed a lot, liked what I read, and chose Dacor. I love them, the cook quality, the features, all of it. BUT my double oven had issues from the start. An annoyance at first with the built in Android but I didn't complain a lot. Move forward 1.5 years and the Android tablet built into it would freeze and not restart without throwing a jumper on fuse box.

I called Dacor and they gave me a number of options, disable the Android because of a known issue and get $500 back, or - return the oven for full credit and they'd pay to have it removed (1.5 years later... c'mon that's pretty awesome), or - pay $500 and move to the newest higher end model with steam cooking. Wow, talk about stand by your product! I've never seen this before with an appliance manufacturer/vendor. Certainly wasn't my experience with KitchenAid. Anyway I'm an advocate even though I had a problem and thought they deserved credit here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

We purchased the modernist collections 48” range, refrigerator and freezer, oven and microwave combo and dishwasher with a kitchen remodel 9 months ago. We had one issue with the dishwasher which was resolved, then another when is stopped mid-cycle. Repairman came out and was told we needed a new panel. Found out it was back-ordered. Well, it’s now been FOUR month without a dishwasher. We have contacted customer service and asked for other options and were told there was nothing they could do! When following up we have left messages and had our calls not returned, as has our service company. I have waited on the phone 3 times 30 minutes to talk to someone, because they won’t call back. We’ve asked to talk to a supervisor, and was told our information would be forwarded... 2 days later, no call. This is by far the WORST service I have ever had for ANY type of product.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

A Modernist 30" Combination Wall Oven was purchased in July, 2018. Shortly after purchase an error in the timer system was noticed. Customer service was notified in December, 2018 to resolve the software coding issue. Dacor was not aware of the problem until my call but were able to duplicate the problem. Numerous calls to customer service have resulted in "we are working on a resolution". As of September, 2019 there is still no resolution to the software issue. This is far too long for a huge corporation to not correct the problem-especially for a very highly priced and Dacor touted product. Any baking requires the use of a separate timer to insure proper baking time. The other functions of the product have performed satisfactorily.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have an older cooktop. Yes it is 15 years going strong but I have ran into a few issues where I know the repairs would be pricey but especially the parts. After talking to a few representatives, they truly want to help you. Nothing is free and I don’t expect it to be, but I am glad they they helped me get my cooktop back to functioning again. I hope someone finds this helpful before reading or writing bad reviews.

Dacor Appliances response

Hello Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are delighted to hear that you are truly enjoying your appliance.

We truly appreciate you being a Dacor customer.

If in the future, you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service Department at 833-353-5483 or via email at contactus@dacor.com.

Best,

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

DON'T recommend model #MOH130. We were so impressed with the options that this oven came with. Sadly, with all the bells and whistles also came a ton of repairs. After the 4th repair, our service rep said the relay board needed to be switched out. (Half of the service men who came to my house seemed to be grasping at straws trying to come up with an explanation why the temperature was fluctuating, or why it took so long to heat up, etc.) Then I get to wait 2 weeks for a part to be ordered/arrived and re-schedule service. Last week got code U22 - oven won't even turn on. This oven is only 6 years old. NO THANKS - NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything from this company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Updated on 09/08/2019: Received a long apology from Dacor regarding their complete inability to service our range stating they would make it right. After sending them all my contact info privately at their request, we have heard nothing. My husband drove to Houston to their showroom, met with Dacor rep out of California, still nothing. Note there are only a few suggested repair services on their website which none cover our area. Avoid Appliance Genius. They wanted $ 500 just to drive 50 minutes travel cost. So here we sit, broiler in main oven out, lighters do not work, and the control screen is blank. Yes, Dacor was great until something broke.

Original Review: Our Dacor range was great until it started needing repair. First the broiler went out in the main oven. Then some of the lighters quit working. When we called for repair, every place we called said they would no longer service Dacor because they were unable to get parts. For over a year we have gone back and forth with Dacor state office. They finally sent a “tech” from a video repair store. Really. He charged us $170 to drive to us. Then said he couldn’t get the brass rings off the burners, sorry. Called Dacor again and they said if we found anyone to let them know!!! Yesterday, the the touch panel burned out. I’m done. Dacor does not stand behind their products. I have documented all conversations. Do not buy Dacor.

Dacor Appliances Company Information