Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is the second time I have purchased these appliances and unfortunately each one has been a great disappointment. I have spent enough in repair bills to almost purchase a warming drawer. Each one shuts down when the "self clean" button is turned on, and then I have to call a repairman out to recalibrate the oven to work each time I try to use the "self clean". I was told by the last repairman that the life of the oven is greatly shortened if you the "self clean" mode. If this is the case, either fix it or take out this mode.

After I had the oven about a year the oven door glass blew out, and this had to be replaced. The temperature in the oven is very unreliable in different areas of the oven and browns more on one side than the other... For the high end cost of these ovens, I would just as soon have a basic oven that works and does not go out every few months. What a waste of money I consider Dacor to be, and will never recommend it to anyone I know. I am in the "personal shopping" business and have my own company, but will tell my clients to be very aware of the high cost/low performance of Dacor products... On a scale of 1 to 10, Dacor gets a "1".

Dacor double oven range turns off by itself while baking - Disappointed in Dacor, especially today. Thanksgiving 2016: baking turkey. Sill baking turkey. I don't know when the oven decided to switch off this time, but I have an uncooked turkey and guests waiting. The oven has done this before, but because it was new I thought it was user error. Nope, the damn oven mysteriously turns off on its own. Incredibly irritated with Dacor. The range hood we also purchased is a joke. We remodeled our kitchen 1 year ago and wanted quality appliances. Bad move. Save your money, folks. Save your money.

We purchased a Dacor built-in refrigerator in 2011. After just 5 years the warning beeper came on. We learned that the main control panel - built by Whirlpool - was defective. We then learned that Dacor did not have any replacement part for this model. Our only alternative was the purchase a new refrigerator. Amazing!! Dacor reluctantly gave us a partial credit for a new (KitchenAid) model. However at the end of the day we are out of pocket over $2000 because Dacor built and sold a defective refrigerator with no ability to fix the problem. Very unsatisfactory handling of this situation.

I purchased a Dacor Renaissance range for our new home. What a waste of money. Though I have not had any major problems with the performance of the range yet, besides uneven baking, the design is not user-friendly. To begin with, the gas burners share a grate. So when cleaning, you have to remove the whole grate on one side. The controls for the burners & griddle are very hard to see & I have to bend over to see which burner I'm turning on. The oven racks are a joke. The two glide racks are very bulky with sharp edges. It is difficult to change the heights or to remove them for cleaning purposes. Though there are three racks included, it is impossible to bake with all three in the oven.

I have a GE Monogram that I had purchased two years ago for another home, and I love it The Renaissance & Monogram are similar in price, but I unfortunately, listened to the sales person & let them talk me into the Renaissance. I realized my mistake in buying a Dacor immediately & contacted the appliance store. Even though the Renaissance had not been used, they would only give me a token amount of money towards trading it in for a Monogram. So, I am stuck with a range that causes me to swear under my breath every time I use it. Dacor could learn a lot from GE.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Decor responded to this posting and has provided a repair part to resolve the issue. They have been quite reasonable and their customer care is to be commended. Thank you, Dacor.

Jeffrey of Avon, CO on

Original Review

I have had multiple Dacor appliances. 4 sets of warming drawers, double wall oven, single wall oven, cooktop. My double wall oven failed at 8 years and needed replacement control board and membrane keypad, an expensive repair. 2 of the 4 warming drawers failed and needed control replacement. The double oven then had repeated control board failure so we decided to replace it with an updated model some 3 plus years ago. Being clean freaks, we did not really soil the ovens so we never had need to use the self cleaning feature. Guests were not so careful so we went to use the self clean feature today and it did not work. A service call revealed the need for replacement control board. How can I be so unlucky as to have repeated control board failures in 2 different Dacor ovens? I am frustrated and believe Dacor should stand behind this product which is just beyond warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

I bought my Dacor epicure 36 duel fuel range in 1998. First stove: oven door did not close, spark modulator out. They tried to fix it but failed. They sent me a new stove. #2 stove: same problem with spark modulator. Couldn't use any burner without the constant clicking. Oven didn't bake evenly. Complained. Stove: #3: same problems. Dacor sent me a letter to grade them on their stoves and service. I blasted them. They called me and ask if I wanted my money back or another stove. Stupidly I took the stove. This was 5 years since the original purchase. I've had this stove #4 for 13 years. Door is and always has been unable to close. I use a stick to close it. Now the relay board is out. Frankly I so love the looks of the stove and I can't afford to get a new one. Original was 5200. Now they are 6700 and I would probably have the same problems. So I am going to try and fix this stove myself.

I will never buy Dacor anything ever again, even if I could afford it. When they offer your money back, take it. The service was responsive although didn't solve the problem through 4 stoves. I would gather from that, the design is bad. My mother has a old 1940 gas stove that still works. Gas stoves should not be that complicated.

Oh how I wish I never bought a Dacor! It has been nothing but problems. I figured I bought a lemon but after reading other reviews it's just not a good product with not very good customer service either. I have had repairs every year, and even after repairs it still isn't functioning as it should. The first problem I had was the whole glass window blew out during baking, which seems to me is a huge liability. The company said that shouldn't happen but is out of warranty and would give me a discount on the glass.

I thought that was better than nothing but then 6 months later the relay went out, then baking temps were all over the place in the oven so they said I needed a new motherboard and they said both ovens needed it. So those were repaired. Oh ya and the light in the bigger oven hasn't worked past the first year even after having the light changed and some electrical stuff done on it. Then I had the bulbs changed due to irregular oven temps. The temps are still all over the place to this day.

The back right corner gets too dark. The front left doesn't brown and is a lower temp. Now I'm having problems with the oven turning off during baking and when using broil in the small oven it causes the large oven's probe alarm to go on and offer at least for an hour. Dacor didn't help me with anything past the glass and it's only been 7 months since the new motherboards were put in. I can't afford to buy a new oven at this time and so I only use the small oven mainly since the larger has so many problems. Do yourself a favor and never buy a Dacor!

Don't waste your $$ move on to another MFG. I have owned this dishwasher for some time it never worked anywhere near what I paid for it. The glides fell out of the racks. It never finishes a cycle. I have spent $350 for repairs three times and it is still way less than satisfactory. Move on, try a Maytag, Bosch or Miele. Also parts are astronomical and you will need them. If you are thinking about buying this brand google it and read on. We all have the same opinion of the Dacor Dishwasher thumbs down.

We were incredibly disappointed, not only with the range but with the customer service from Dacor. We purchased this range in January 2016 and here we are in July with what is basically a pan holder sitting uselessly in our kitchen. Problems started immediately. The first time I used the oven, it locked with the cooking food inside. It turned out that the thermostats on both ovens were so out of whack that the oven temperature reached "self-cleaning mode" levels so the ovens locked with the food inside! We had both thermostats replaced twice and still had the same problem. Eventually, the thermostats were calibrated, but still "within a range." In addition, the switch for the convection oven just stopped working. After 6 months of trying to deal with this problem, we will be returning the range and replacing it with a different brand. At no point did Dacor offer to exchange the range, they simply kept sending a repair person.

We are in the process of remodeling our house including an entire new kitchen that we can't wait to finish to invite people over and show. HOWEVER, the cook top already has a light burned and finally the cover of it ended up falling as I was wiping down the stove (very softly by the way because I like to treat my appliances really nice). We have had this stove for less than a year I haven't even made the last payment and it is already with a light burned out. REALLY? My husband spent countless hours researching the best appliances and decided to get this one and to come to find out that it is not good it is a complete disappointment. I am sooo upset. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND!!! Save yourself the hassle that we are now going to go through trying to get a hold of someone on the phone and see what they will do if anything. I bought it from AJ Madison.

We have a 2 year old 36 inch, Model EF361WF refrigerator. Water began pooling at the base every 2-3 days. Called Dacor Customer Service Team. Pitiful response and horrible customer service. Had to call private technician who was very surprised that a so-called higher end appliance was not factory-fitted with a P trap. He sees the problem often with cheaper models. Dacor has let us down twice. Buyer beware: sub-standard products matched with sub-standard customer service. Dacor will never get our business again and we would recommend all potential purchasers to consider other brands.

We spent close to 30K in Dacor appliances and have been paying for repairs almost yearly. Most recently last year around March 2015 we spent $1800.00 in repairs for the refrigerator. It is a long weekend and we planned a family BBQ and had to throw away all my marinated meats and salads. This is unacceptable. When you spend thousands of dollars in appliances you don't expect to have these types of problems. DO NOT BUY DACOR APPLIANCES. IT IS A RIPOFF.

We remodeled our kitchen because my wife is a chef. So we thought a full suite of Dacor products was just what she needed. What a mistake! Our $6000 36-inch dual-fuel range had problems from the start. We had to replace the control panel, heating element, convection fan, and door seal. Finally, the liner split and the range became unrepairable. We made the mistake of purchasing a simpler, gas-only range because Dacor offered a modest discount. This $7000 range lasted four months before a failure in the wiring harness made it unrepairable!! We bought a Miele replacement. We have had performance issues with our Dacor warming drawer and microwave. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING DACOR!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Very pleased to say Dacor replaced our oven with a new one! I haven't thoroughly tested it all out yet, as it was replaced the day before we left for a trip. But so far the top oven seems to be working properly. Need to use the bottom oven yet to check it is working properly.

Bronwen of San Jose, CA on

Original Review

We bought a Dacor double wall oven from University electric in Santa Clara, at THEIR recommendation! It is a LEMON. It has never worked properly. This is the worst appliance I have ever owned, and the most expensive! First time I used the bottom oven, it didn't preheat. Said it was at the right temperature, but it "jumped" to show it was, when it was in fact at a lot lower temp. After months of waiting, finally they got someone to put a new control panel in it - didn't work. Now he tells me it needs a new relay board. Been waiting 2 weeks, nothing. Also the top oven doesn't cook evenly, you have to turn the dishes around, even on convection! Broiler doesn't preheat properly and also burns on one side, before other side even is starting to brown. We asked for a new oven, but they said they have to try and repair it. This never worked when it was new, they should replace it with a new oven. Do not buy Dacor.

Lemon appliances. The dishwasher breaks every 6 month. The gas range top breaks every 6 month. The Microwave breaks every 6 month. Awful products!!!

We moved into our home in 2012 and have had nothing but problems with our Dacor refrigerator (Dacor Model EF48DCBSS). Our issue is the drain pan heater AGAIN. This problem is, water that collects in the drain pan freezes and eventually builds up to a point where the fan motor starts hitting it, sounding like a helicopter landing in your kitchen! We've had this problem repaired THREE times by TWO DIFFERENT repair companies to the tune of $1000. Both repair technicians said it was a design flaw and this problem would continue to happen regardless of how many icing kits were replaced. So a $7000 refrigerator will cost us $1000 a year to keep running?!?!?!

After much research, it's apparent we are not alone with this problem. We also had a Dacor microwave just STOP working (model #DMT2420S). It was only 8 years old. Our Dacor oven range (model #ER48DSCH) has two ovens and only one side retains the heat. The main side gets to about 300 degrees and then the temperature starts dropping.

Here is the breakdown of costs for our so called "high end" appliances. Dual Fuel Range - $10000, refrigerator - $7000 (annual repairs of $1000), microwave - $500 (had to purchase new microwave $600). PLEASE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKE AND DO NOT PURCHASE DACOR APPLIANCES. We have a refrigerator/freezer that we bought from Sears SIXTEEN years ago for $500. Still works like a charm! And thank God we have it, because it has had to be our backup for our $7000 Dacor.

Dacor is also very responsive. I've appreciated the fast-turnaround to my complimentary review here. Thanks, Dacor!

Alan of Lafayette, CA on

Original Review

We purchased a Dacor range and the Wine Station in January 2016 and are completely satisfied. We have had no issues with either appliance and appreciate the customer service when we have a question. Dacor is a class act. Excellent company and very well run.

We purchased a Dacor wall oven to replace a GE oven that was outdated. We thought we were getting a premium appliance, but after less than a year and just before the holidays it quit with a code on the control panel we couldn't find in the owner's manual. We had a serviceman out and the cost of the part and the service call was more than we paid for the oven! It now sits there, useless and a reminder to never buy Dacor anything!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Thank you for your attention. Since my post, a resolution has been reached and Dacor will be replacing my range with a new one. That is much more representative of the pride and reputation of Dacor. The executives were very responsive. Perhaps front line agents are not empowered to make these decisions, however, in my case, the escalation brought the matter into the right hands. Happy with the direction towards the final outcome, not the 4-month process that discounted the reputation and my perception.

Jacqui of Toronto, ON on

Original Review

I purchased a Dacor fridge and 36"6 burner range delivered in Sept 2015. The ice maker worked for a day and after several service calls and 5 months, the fridge was REFUNDED! They have since fixed the issue. The oven door on the range is skewed to the right, and was hitting the pull out spice rack on my cupboards. I didn't notice this until October 2015 and this issue is still not resolved. They tried to wedge it back into plane, had several service calls again to analyze the situation, forcing me to take time off work, and they replaced the oven door, but that has not corrected the problem. Still not resolved. Very dissatisfied. This is not a reputable product. Shameful service.

Dacor ERD30s06BK/LP - thought reputation was good. Quality seemed outstanding. Like: Appearance; Dislike: Performance, Reliability, Serviceability, Quality of parts, Availability of parts. In a word: Don't buy a Dacor! I've learned that if you have a repair person/organization you can depend on ask them to suggest the best appliance based on their repair experience and their ability to obtain parts.

Dacor has already replaced range once. Oven interior cracked when self-clean was used. Stovetop burner ignitors frequently continue to spark after flame is established. Stovetop burners will sometimes extinguish when flame is low. This experience showed me that just because an appliance is expensive, it doesn't mean good performance or high quality. Because of the cost of replacement we have lived with the Dacor until the next major repair is not possible because of lack of available of parts or cost.

In September 2009 we did a complete remodel of our kitchen. Replaced everything but the refrigerator, with DACOR appliances. Within a few months we had problems with the dishwasher and finally replaced it with a GE in 2012. About that same time we had problems with the Dacor Epicure 30" Single Oven Model EO130SCH control panel and had to have the repairman out to work on the relay/computer board. At Christmas 2015 I had trouble baking, the temperature wasn't accurate and have had the repairman again. He says that the computer board is "fried" (his term). I've tried calling Customer Service with no success. I've e-mailed them with same results.

The appliance repairman has told me that he can't find the part. All the distributors that he's called have been told that the part is on "back order". I've been without an oven for over two months now with no fix in sight. Have been told that IF we find the part it will probably run around $500.00. These are appliances that are only six years old and have had gentle use by senior citizens. Anyone reading this - PLEASE DON'T BUY DACOR! You'll be sorry as I am.

We purchased the Model MOH130S in 2006 from a very reputable distributor of high-end appliances. In 2009 we required a service call to deal with temperature control. The oven was out by more than 40 degrees Fahrenheit. This resulted in a relay board, item 101559, to be replaced. Dacor was nice enough to cover the cost of the board, but not the cost of the $152.00 service call. In 2013, guess what? Relay board, this time out by more than 50 degrees, item # 101559 required replacement again only this time it was not covered and cost of $628.00.

Here we are, 2016 waiting for the service provider again as temperature is out by over 60 degrees. Roasts, Turkeys, Chickens and everything else have been dying slow deaths in this unit and are awaiting yet another bill to deal with temperature control. Dacor will do nothing until another $150 service call confirms the problem. Hmmm! What to do?

I would never buy another Dacor product. The microwave totally crashed and now the oven will not heat. I have had contact in the past regarding repairs and they are outrageous. I plan to replace both items rather than paying unreasonable costs. Very unhappy.

This range was installed in January 2003. The door on the larger oven was replaced soon after because it would not close tightly and still doesn't with the new door. I have always thought that the oven temperature is lower than it should be but have been told twice that it is accurate, tell that to the turkey. The heating element on the large oven was replaced 2 years ago. Four of the burners don't light and have to be lit manually, this has been going on for 10 years. The relay board has burned out and now has to be replaced, $800.00 fix. The technician just left and could not replace it, he couldn't access the tight spot that it was in and wanted to cut the barrier panel to get access to it. He decided not to do the job and told me to call Dacor to get another repair service, which I just did. I was prompted to write this after reading other reviews and remarks. I hope this helps someone out there to buy a different brand.

My ovens have had to have a new board, dishwasher rarely works, my cooktop can't get parts needed! The worst appliances on the market!

I am having issues with my Dacor oven and have tried to contact customer service since Monday 01/04/16. I was on hold for 27 mins and finally left my number for a callback. I have called every day and leave my number for a callback, no response. Today Thursday I sent a message and the response was that someone will call within 2 days. Great customer service. Buyer beware.

We purchased a Dacor oven stove top. It is about 10 yrs old now. 3 years ago we had a problem with the ignitor and had it repaired and paid over $200.00 for the repair. 3 Years later we are experiencing a similar problem with the ignitors clicking on and not turning off. I have called for repairs on this but expect this will cost me some more money. I have been online and have seen similar complaints leading to believe that this is a common problem and I would avoid purchasing Dacor ignitor products for the stove top, until resolved.

I moved into a house that already had a Dacor unit in place. Within months, I discovered that I owned an oven that could be fixed by throwing the circuit breaker. Then, I learned about invisible hands that turned the 325 degree convection oven to a 500 degree broiler. The final act was having all three glass panes shatter and the control panel cracking as punishment for assuming that the oven cleaner on an expensive gourmet stove would function according to manufacturing standards. The repairman ordered replacement parts. He spoke with someone who was "off shore" so forget about Dacor being all American made. The wrong parts were sent. He has reordered. Meanwhile, I have been without an oven for two months. If this goes on, I am going to Home Depot and buying a Hotpoint or GE. It is the same price as replacement glass panels and the control panel.

I have had nothing but trouble with a wall oven I bought in 2010. Basically just bad electronics. I finally replaced the oven in 2014 and had to get another Dacor to fit the opening. The new unit still does not heat evenly and is consistently off by about 50 degrees. Customer service is not helpful at all. Local repair shops can't really fix issues. Terrible company. Can't figure out how they stay in business.

I have owned a Dacor dual fuel 6-burner range for several years. I paid approximately $5,000 for the product. It has proven to be totally unsatisfactory. The gas burners click and make noise whenever you try to turn the burners down to a low temperature. The cook top is very hard to clean. The range is a constant problem. It smells bad, does not heat up promptly, and the broiler feature is always a problem. A gas oven is supposed to heat to and keep a constant temperature - the Dacor does not. The broiler will not cook food evenly or well. The door to the oven will not close properly and is constantly partially open. The hinges do not seem to work properly.

Most importantly, I have tried on many occasions to get Dacor to do something about the defective product. They have been totally non-responsive. When I did finally get somebody to come and look at it, they spent about 2 hours cleaning it, accused me of using the wrong cleaner on the cooktop, and presented me with a bill for $800. I asked if they would just give me my money back and take the defective product with them. DON'T BUY DACOR.

Dacor Appliances Company Profile