Protect What Matters Most

3. Appliances

Dacor Appliances

Dacor Appliances
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.35/5

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Dacor Appliances Reviews

Original review: May 29, 2019

We bought a whole new kitchen's worth of Dacor appliances - the Modernist line. It's too soon to review their performance, but so far they work well and look fabulous. Most importantly, I had an issue registering my appliances for warranty. I sent an email and not only did they resolve all my issues, registered everything for me, they also notified me I was eligible for an extended free warranty program, and they set it all up for me without any effort on my part. I wouldn't have even known if they hadn't done it for me. So far, I'd say that they have stellar customer service. When researching online before making the choice to go with Dacor, I had trouble finding information and reviews. I wanted to make sure and share my good experience since all too often people only share when they have had a negative one. I hope this is helpful to someone looking to buy!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I had a Thermador kitchen for more than 25 years and I was very happy with their products; I had a Thermador slide-in range with downdraft vent and a dishwasher and a KitchenAid refrigerator, but it was time to upgrade. Now, I upgraded my whole kitchen with all Dacor products and I am super happy, my 30 inch range top has extra wide grates which allows my wife to cook with extra large pans when she prepares food for donation, my updraft vent catches smoke and grease much better than my downdraft, my refrigeration is very nice looking with french door and middle refrigeration for my cold drinks and my dishwasher is very quiet. I invited a few friends home and they have admire my new kitchen. It has been more than months since I bought it and no problems.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I'm on my second Dacor 36" range! I absolutely love this product. The large grates on the cooktop allow me to have multiple things going at the same time and the size of the oven is amazing. The oven takes a full commercial sheet which allows me to cook 3 or 4 dozen cookies at a time! Dacor's convection system is undeniably the best in class. I can roast garlic and bake a cake at the same time with zero flavor transfer! My turkey at Thanksgiving is so amazing Martha Stewart would adopt me if she could see it! It truly makes the kitchen the heart of the home, not only is it aesthetically pleasing but it is the center of all things yummy at our house!

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have owned a Dacor stainless steel 5 burner gas cooktop since 2008. The cooktop is so flexible, having different size burners for me to use while I cook. The part I love about it most is the stainless steel area around my burners. I was told that I can use other methods of cleaning that area that would most likely scratch the finish of other manufacturer's units, and they were right! A neighbor of mine bought a different stainless steel cooktop around the same time. Initially, their cooktop looked more polished around the burners, but now their surface looks scratched and worn. My Dacor, however, looks just like it did day one! I try not to leave stains on there for too long, but the finish around the burners saves me every time!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have the Dacor 30" all gas range in my house and it is the best. The grates take up the whole top surface of the stove area, so I have a ton of room to cook on. Basically, I can fit 4 giant pots on the stove at the same time, so I'm ready anytime a chili cookout might break out. This is also super convenient during tamale season and soup season because I can put up to 4 giant stockpots on the stove simultaneously. In the event that I spill, it's easy to remove the grates and give the surface a nice wipe up. As far as the oven, I totally rule the holiday season because I can fit up to 3 full size 18x36" catering sheets in at the same time, so basically, I can cook 4 dozen or more cookies in one shot, leaving me tons more time with family and friends than if I was baking 1 sheet at a time. Thank you Dacor!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

The electronics on the first two induction burners failed within six months which was covered under warranty. The second two went three weeks after the warranty and we had to argue with Decor to cover them otherwise it is a $1400 repair job. From day one whenever you open the oven door the controls and heat shut off. Sometimes it turns back on when you close the door. As for the downdraft, it worked fine until 10 weeks ago when while closing, the cover lip hit a wooden spoon that had been lying flat near the edge. There is no safety feature and the motor continued to try and close the fan. The unit would not respond and would not re-open. The spoon had to be broken to get it out. If this was a child's finger you would have had to call 911. We now have a repair bill of over $350 and are still waiting for 2 months for Decor to send a part. We will never buy this brand again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
      Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

We purchased a complete kitchen with Dacor Modernist stainless steel look. It has been a complete disaster since install day. The first week the Dishwasher flooded my kitchen causing water damage to my brand new kitchen cabinets. There was a seal issue. My ice machine has been worked on 6 or more times. They have replace every part in it and still doesn't make ice or if it does it freezes in to one big block of ice. My microwave combo oven just broke again today with same error code as last time. They had to replace both motherboard in the oven and microwave. Tomorrow they are coming because my dishwasher never completes a cycle. It shuts off at 16 min left. I have been asking for replacement units or better yet take it all back...I would not recommend Dacor espcially how much we paid... over 30,000.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

We moved into our newly built home in April 2012. I purchased the Dacor 30" microwave drawer to complement a 30" electric oven that is installed just above

the microwave. I am very happy with my purchase, it is stylish and works well. The drawer is spacious, I can fit multiple food items in it and they all cook evenly. We use it daily and couldn't be happier with it. If I ever move, I will purchase this microwave drawer again.

Dacor Appliances response

Hello Ms. Deb,

Thank you for leaving such a positive and wonderful review. We are ecstatic that you love your appliance. We make it a point to make sure that our customer's satisfaction and experiences are our priority and your review proves that. So from everyone at Dacor, we thank you for your kind words and your loyalty as a Dacor consumer. We hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I, too, purchased a 30" Heritage gas range in Nov 2018. The first time I ran the cleaning cycle (2 weeks ago), the oven heating went out. After time consuming attempts to reach the warranty dept, finally got a call back. Sent the required information and was told the warranty servicer would contact me within 48 hours. After not receiving such call, I reached out via email again to Dacor and was told to contact the servicer directly. Well, I just did that, and was told they refuse to service me because DACOR IS NOT PAYING THEM!

How is that for a "luxury" appliance company making millions off of its customers and not paying it's service companies? A very clear breach of contract since my warranty is active until November 2021. I have never in my life had such an experience, with the LG, KitchenAid ranges I have owned. Never even have needed one ounce of service in their life. So now I await a response from posts on Dacor FB page and voicemail I left, hoping for service. What a colossal waste of money. Buyer beware!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
      Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

In 2013 we remodel our kitchen. I need a 30" stove and Dacor seem the right fit. I had problem with the igniter burning on that stove and some metal warp as well. They replaced the stove in 2015. I smell gas every time I turn oven on. Last Thanksgiving 2019 the stove stop working. I was told the igniter had burned out and had it replaced. I had repairman come twice because of smell and end January 2020 the stove stop working again. The repairman told me that a jet burner assembly was never installed this is why I smell gas after it is turn on. ** They said they will order the part. It's back order So I contact Dacor. First they told me it's back order then give me a supplier. If it was never installed in the unit shouldn't Dacor take care of it and soon.

Dacor Appliances Company Information