1.67/5
Based on 297 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

Read More Read More
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 24, 2018

388 Dacor Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 24, 2018

Motherboard on my favor wall oven has been replaced twice. Repairman said not use the self-cleaning feature as that will cause too high of heat and melt the components. Seriously, Dacor? We spend this kind of money and have these type of repair issues constantly. Just glad I finally was told what might help resolve this - I’m ready for a new oven because of all these problems.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 23, 2018

We custom built our home in 2008 and installed Dacor Wall Oven/Microwave/Cooktop/Warming Drawer. We have had several issues with the warming drawer(MW030S). This is the second time we are having to replace the thermostat. Unfortunately, Dacor does not make or sell the part anymore (Part# 62734 Temperature control thermostat). 10 years is no time for a quality appliance and to not have any way to repair the unit is beyond unacceptable. At least provide a solution so that customers can continue to use and hopefully not ruin a high end appliance experience.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 21, 2018

Bought Dacor glass cooktop brand new out of box 9/2015 for $2399. Plus tax and delivery. It was installed in 1/2016 in our new home. It is 5 burners, 2 burners will not work anymore. Called them about getting it fixed, its 1 out of 3 electric board out. To fix will be almost $1000.00 once it is all fixed and only 1 year on fixed board only. They will not stand behind their product at all! All other brands that my family has for glass cooktops have lasted over 15 years! This Dacor not even 3 years!! Bad service and does not stand behind their product! I will never purchase another Dacor product again!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2018

Purchased home with installed Dacor double oven. Oven wouldn't reach set temperature, so replaced control board. Doable, but a real hassle to remove oven from wall opening and label, disconnect, and reconnect 20-something wires. Two years later, the clock cannot take the correct time and oven timers do not work. Only fix: replacing the $300 control board again. I cannot recommend that anyone purchase these appliances as the control boards simply do not work for more than a couple of years.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Second big replacement part in 7 years. We built our house and moved in March 2011. Within a few months we needed this same repair but fortunately the board was covered under warranty. Labor was not. We're now getting the message 'relay board' and persistent beeping on the display panel. We cut the circuit breaker to the oven before we went out of town. Came back and turned the circuit breaker back on and the oven will operate, although we're getting the same message. Haven't yet called the store where we bought it or tried to find someone to fix it. This was a really expensive item and I'm very disappointed that yet again we need to find someone to take care of what will surely be a costly repair not covered under warranty this time. Wouldn't recommend this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Original review: March 5, 2018

I've had the 27 inch double wall oven for 10 yrs. When I purchased them they were 6000 dollars. With 3 years I started having a problem with the motherboard. It has been replaced 3 or 4 times. I've lost count. The last time they said it was fixed for sure. Well today the same issue is occurring. I'm done! Never buying another Dacor product again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I have the same problem Judy had last week. I have a 36 inch under counter oven. I use it all the time. I have had it for about 10yrs. In the last year the computer has been replaced 3 time. The first time it cost me $600.00. 6wks later it was replaced for free. Now the oven is having the same problem. I hope Dacor makes me as happy as Judy.

Resolution response: Feb. 15, 2018

Dacor contacted me within twenty four hours of my posting. Representative resolved with first telephone contact. Very pleased with Dacor’s resolution process.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

This is the first time I've ever posted anything to a site. We installed two Dacor ovens in 1998. One is a 36" under my cooktop. Other is a 30" on different wall. First, the 30" oven has been used maybe thirty times. Last month I realized I had never used the convection or cleaning processes. The convection feature worked fine. To my surprise and dismay the cleaning feature would not work. Problem being the door lock and motor need to be replaced. The repair is eight hundred dollars. This is due to the fact the parts are difficult to find. Second problem is the 36" oven has had the computer replaced twice. Each time was five hundred dollars. Same problem being finding parts. Their Quality Control is beyond abysmal. There is no way that I can afford to spend eight hundred dollars for a repair. Especially for an oven used for thirty or less times.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Epicure Range, wall oven, microwave and fridge - When remodeling our kitchen in 2010, an appliance salesperson gave us a good deal on the entire set. We spent $20k on the Dacor appliances. BIG MISTAKE! Do not ever buy anything Dacor. We have issues with every single one. Where do I start? The ovens have gone out three times now and I have had to replace the main panel, now it will not heat at all. The refrigerator 42" built-in is a big piece of crap! We have had it serviced 4-times for everything. The entire fridge freezes over due to a design flaw. The fan in the freezer completely ices over. The ice door broke. The crushed ice broke. The plastic door for the butter broke. The shelves broke.

The microwave has had issues and has had to be fixed. The oven temps were wrong. Fixed those myself thanks to YouTube. When talking to the service guy he said that these are cheap appliances with the Dacor badge, so you have to spend big bucks to buy them and big bucks to repair! Do yourself a favor and if you are thinking of Dacor run! I contacted Dacor and they are even worse to deal with. They did not care that their appliances are very unreliable. Never received a return call, email, or even a letter.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Dacor ERD30S06CHLP 30 Inch Epicure Series Freestanding Dual-Fuel - I am so dissatisfied with this product. We bought the first range in 2003 and were so excited to use it. We chose Dacor over Wolf. From the beginning we had issues with the oven. It cooked very unevenly and the door never closed properly. We had a service call and they basically told us that we got a lemon. They offered us a new range for $3.5K. We thought we got a lemon so we agreed and paid for a new one for $3.5k. We also purchased the extended warranty for $2.2K.0 This one was even worse.

One time I opened the oven and it burned my eyelashes. I wrote and complained with a video of the explosion and had to pay for the service call. I wrote a review in the website and they deleted it. We now own a range that we have paid over $10K that bakes unevenly, electric element does not work in oven and have minor explosions from time to time with a door that does not close. We have a few friends who have asked us about our range and we always recommend against it. We are looking for a new range. I would not recommend this range. I thought we got a lemon. But it seems that's just the product.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

We purchased this high end Dacor range (Dacor Renaissance ER30G) new in 2011 from the Appliance Loft here in Cincinnati. It was dropped off and installed and would not operate right out of the box. A repair was made and everything worked (unless you count the indicator lights on the knobs, they all went out after approx 14 months). This past November the oven went dead. A1 appliance came out: Determined new control board needed, ordered and installed. Thanksgiving Day, oven dead. A1 comes back, reset the High Temp Fuse. Oven dead 4 days later, A1 returns with a new HTF. Dec 22, Oven dead.

As soon as The holiday is over we will call another repair shop and start looking at replacing this unreliable piece of eye candy. Open comment to Dacors design engineers, quality control engineers and management. You should be totally ashamed about this product you've designed. You are supposed to represent the best in American design and quality and this falls below that of low end appliances out of China. See you in small claims court.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We remodeled our kitchen less than 5 years ago. As we have owned restaurants in the past, we wanted commercial quality appliances. I was looking at Sub-Zero and Viking or Wolf. Unfortunately I took my Home Center convince me to purchase A Dacor package. That was a mistake. Even though these appliances cost as much as the those brands, the quality is not even close. After spending $22,000 on appliances I have quickly discovered that these appliances are junk. First the microwave began to arc and nearly caught fire. Even when they installed my cooktop. I noticed that the burners in the middle were marked incorrectly and the blue LED indicating the burners are on was burnt out.

After only a few years, now my ovens are not working. And right before Thanksgiving I am without ovens. My old ovens were almost 50 years old and worked fine. These $6000 plus ovens are not even 5 years old and are down. I am kicking myself for not going with my original plan. If you are considering Dacor, I would not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We have a Dacor gas range RSD30R that we bought to upgrade our kitchen in 2002. We have had several issues with the range to date. The first issue we had with the range was the auto lock for the oven cleaning cycle that failed in 2007. It was not covered under warranty and cost $88. The second item to fail were the oven door springs. They also failed in 2007 and covered under warranty. They failed again in 2017 and had to be replaced for a second time. The springs are too weak to hold the weight of the heavy door. $68-$78 for the springs. The springs could easily be changed out as the brackets are still good but they only come as complete units.

The last item to fail were the ignitors. Only one ignitor failed out of the four but as the spark module ignites all burners every time any one is turned on, premature failure could be expected as all ignitors light every time. This time the part is no longer available from Dacor. Dacor does not support any products they build after 7-8 years. Parts will no longer be available. I would not recommend Dacor Appliances to anyone as the manufacturer does not support their own products very long. I purchased Dacor to buy American and I regret it now. In contrast every product that Miele made even 20+ years ago, parts are still available directly from Miele and other suppliers as well.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

A new 6 gas stove was installed the end of 2005. Once it was installed I asked why the burners clicked for so long. The man who installed said it was normal. They still continue to click. This is a secondary concern. My primary concern is the stove leaks gas. I have had the gas company out 3 times to verify the stove is leaking gas. We have had two different technicians come to repair. The 1st told us the gas pipeline needed to be replaced, it was replaced. The gas company come again and said the leak is still there, which I knew because I can still smell gas. Then next technician said there is nothing wrong with the stove. I currently have the gas turned off for safety reasons. Our family has severe food allergies and I cook for my kids everyday. This is difficult when we have a stove we can't use because it is leaking gas. They continue to say they cannot find anything wrong with our stove. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

This week Dacor installed my 2nd replacement gas range. I remodeled my kitchen 3 years ago and chose Dacor because I had a great experience with their appliances in the past, had their oven and stove in my kitchen for 15+ years and never had a problem. With the first new range, the oven started to automatically shut off due to excess heat escape, so the safety feature would kick in and shut the system down, in addition the knobs would become very hot even when the over was used briefly, 12-15 minutes. I was very impressed and happy with the customer service through Dacor, they immediately gave me a brand new over. Exactly another year, the new oven had the same problem, door begins to not hinge properly and heat begins escape, knobs get dangerously hot.

This week Dacor very kindly, replaced my appliance with the new Dacor Renaissance 36". I used the oven for 12 minutes on 400 and the entire exterior is dangerously hot. I do not have any children, however, if I did I would be terrified that they could seriously injure themselves. The exterior of an oven should not become hot like this. Has anyone else had this issue with Dacor? I feel they have been very responsive with regards to customer service however I want an appliance that is safe.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Purchased a Dacor Epicure ER36DSCH/NG RANGE and oven in 2007. Sad story, it never worked properly since day 1. Initially a gas burner did not light, they came and repaired it. Subsequently the door lock failed in the lock position - had that repaired. The door lock failed the next year again, this time thanksgiving, ruined the dinner. They fixed it but the following year the lower burner element failed at Thanksgiving. All my relatives know not to purchase a Dacor product. Problem is I am stuck with this boat anchor. The oven door motor has failed 3 more times and thankfully the service man showed me how to change it. Today we tried to bake some apple pies and found the oven temperature set at 450 was only 350 (bought an oven thermometer). This explains why it always takes so long to bake things. A complete piece of **, never ever buy one.

Resolution response: Oct. 25, 2017

After going back and forth with DACOR via telephjone calls and e-mails, it finally agreed to replce the defective cooktop at no cost to us.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We purchased a DACOR Cooktop Model PGM365 when we renovated our home in 2007-08. Within weeks we experienced problems. The burners would die when either of the cabinet doors underneath was opened and would re-ignite when the door was closed. In addition, and more importantly, when the high BTU burner was lit, flames would shoot out from underneath (i.e. in the cabinet below.)

Complaint was made to the retailer who, unable to resolve the issue, referred us to DACOR. DACOR took the complaint, gave us a reference # and, after not hearing from them for a while, was told that they had changed systems and could not find the number. They refused to do anything to resolve this unsatisfactory and dangerous condition. We have not been able to use the high BTU burner for years! We will never purchase another DACOR product again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We chose DACOR (8-burner double oven top of the line ERD60S06CH/LP) in 2006, new construction because we disliked the signature blue interior of another luxury brand. Last October I detected a gas leak from one of the burners. The authorized repair company was contacted, and the entire unit - all 8 burners and both ovens were out of commission while we waited for the replacement part. Six weeks later the repair guy returned with the wrong part. We had to wait an additional month for the repair guy to return. Apparently, not important that people might want to cook and bake before the Holidays! After the new valve was replaced the oven light began to turn on when any of the gas valves on the defective side was turned on.

I write this review 8 months into the problem. I can fix for $700 by ordering a new control panel. I wish I had read these reviews earlier. I overheard the tech say that there was "electrical interference" and that the wires need to be insulated to stop the oven light from turning on and off. I am so FED up with both the Dacor California head office not caring and the horrible authorized service company. I will take this unit apart myself and fix it. DACOR IS GARBAGE. Go with Sub-Zero, Miele and forget this Brand. DACOR: Don't Accept Crap Or Rubbish! Made in America? Shame on you. No problems with 4 Sub-Zero fridges, or 4 Miele dishwasher the same age.

Original review: July 25, 2017

We purchased a home with brand new Dacor appliances. Within 1 year, the relay board had to be replaced. One year later, the relay board has to be replaced again. It's $600 each time for parts and labor... The part alone costs $500. The company does not warranty the relay board. At this point, we should have purchased a new wall oven. They claim these are superior appliances. Our gas stove top works well, but the wall oven and refrigerator have been nothing but problematic. We will never purchase this brand again.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I bought a 30" Dacor Double Oven (EO230SCH), 36" cooktop, warming drawer and matching convection microwave. Well over $10k. The microwave has been replaced as it died early within the first year while cooking popcorn - nearly started a fire in the kitchen... However the cooktop igniter died at 4 years and now the wall oven is on its third control board in years 3, 4 and 5. Nothing is under warranty and they want nothing to do with me now. The replacement oven controls cost ~$400 each plus installation. So after all this expense, I have invested $1,200 more in replacement parts and the cooktop needs an aim & flame to light. Total crap. I'm going to replace all of this and will never go back to Dacor. I took the time to write this so that others will not waste their time with what I have to assume is the worst quality in the industry. Please don't waste your money.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I purchased all Dacor products. First Dishwasher went out, had purchased warranty. Came out 6 times to fix it, filed complaint with Better Business Bureau. Finally got dishwasher replaced with a Kitchen Aid. Thank God for the BBB. They help people. Then my stand alone range with 6 burners had one of the burners go bad, the appliance co. fixed it. Then the oven relay board went defective. Had to order part over $400.00, no warranty. Then wall oven Relay Board went out, 2016. Paid over $460.00.

Less than 12 months later relay board went out again. They said "Sorry, no warranty." Ordered part said it was $500.00 + to replace. The appliance repair tech ordered wrong relay board. They called me today and now said it's going to cost $650.00, no warranty. Do not buy Decor products. They are horrible. I feel I am being ripped off by Dacor and feeling untrusting of the Appliance Co. I may need to file another complaint with Better Business Bureau. Buyers beware!

Original review: June 17, 2017

We equipped a luxury kitchen with Dacor appliances. Had to replace the 60 inch dual fuel range after 8 years - use the same brand simply to match. Big mistake. Several repairs already. Also installed two under the counter warming drawers - nothing but problems and repair expense. Now we need a small $25 part - a cooling fan with motor that is faulty. Was informed the part is no longer available - customer service told me "well, it is 10 years old". Really? We now have to rebuild part of the kitchen cabinetry and spend several thousand to replace two warming drawers? They also said the company was too small to keep parts available for a long period of time. Unbelievable! I will never buy Dacor appliances again.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I purchased my 30" range and was so excited! Well no longer. First the wrong range was delivered. I had to wait another three weeks for the correct one. My oven can not cook at all. Temp fluctuates by 100 degrees. Going on my third service call and still not working. It very unfair, I have to take time off work to wait for repair person, then nothing is fixed. I wish I could return this lemon. But after reading other reviews I am not alone. Why is this company not accountable for ripping hard working people off. I love cooking. It's my passion. My Kenmore Elite was half the price and far more superior.

Original review: April 10, 2017

We did a total kitchen remodel and purchased Dacor appliances. Big mistake. Had to spend 500 on refrigerator repair (model EF36BNDFSS). Oven is off 25 degrees on temperature. The glass top for burners was defective. Would never purchase Dacor. Microwave front trim keeps coming off as well.

Original review: March 25, 2017

After less than a year after installation the oven continues to operate poorly. It's been recalibrate twice and a new control board installed. Did I mention the board had burned components? It still does not operate properly. It's at least 25 degrees off. Everything takes way longer to cook than it should. Thanksgiving was 2 hours late. Christmas was the same. Entertaining during the holidays, embarrassing. Now Dacor wants pictures to prove to truly see how poorly the oven is operating. I thought I bought a quality product but I was wrong. This is just following suit with the Dacor refrigerator I purchased and was replace months later.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Our 30in Dacor double ovens are approximately 12 years old. I feel they operate adequately. However, not better than our much lower end appliances we previously owned. My main complaint is the self cleaning function. My old oven's self cleaning worked much better! With our Dacor ovens one must take out the racks and clean them by hand. This is very difficult and time consuming. I used the 3 hr option to clean my oven that was moderately dirty, mainly from cooking a prime rib over the holidays. After the 3 hr cleaning the oven was still very dirty with splatters and grease. I'm now cleaning my oven again with a second 3 hr cleaning cycle. I know at the end of this second cycle I will need to do a lot more cleaning by hand! I hope Dacor has improved their inadequate self cleaning feature. If it hasn't been improved, I really can't recommend Dacor ovens.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My wife and I purchased an expensive Dacor Outdoor Grill for our outdoor kitchen in our new home we constructed 5 years ago. It has been a piece of junk from day one. For 5 years the igniter for two of the burners "clicks" non-stop the entire time the grill is turned on. We have made countless calls to fix the issue, but not one Dacor endorsed technician can fix the problem.

Finally, last night (February 6, 2017) the stupid grill exploded and died a fitting death. Soot was sprayed over everything in the area, black nasty junk oozed out the side of the grill and the control knobs were blown off the grill. I could not turn off the searing burner even using pliers. I finally had to turn off the main valve controlling the natural gas that fed the grill. I will never, ever buy a high-end grill again! I failed to mention that after only 3 years many of the internal parts were extremely corroded, even though the grill sits under a roof and is protected from the elements. Save your money and go with a much less expensive brand.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Purchased Dacor Renaissance wall oven in July 2015, Model RNO130S. After less than a year and a half, the cooking temperature began to fail. For instance, set to bake at 425 degrees, the oven would appear to heat properly, but tried and true recipes would be pasty and uncooked at the expected time. I inserted an oven thermometer inside to test and found an erratic pattern of oven heating up properly to 425 but then sometimes dropping back to about 350 during cook time and refusing to ever reach 425 again. ABT repairman adjusted temperature calibration but refused to troubleshoot any further. Just ruined another dinner. Thanks Dacor and ABT for your unreliable product and poor service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I called customer service to ask general directions on how to remove the top of my oven range. The person answering the phone (01/23/2017 at 4:25 PM) would not let me talk to anyone in service. I asked him why, and are you ready for this? He said we can't talk to customer service for our own "security".. No kidding. The idiot went on to try and tell me it was for my protection! After arguing further, I asked him to again connect me with a technician. He puts me on hold and comes back and says "The technician said to call a service provider" - unbelievable. I will NEVER buy a DACOR product again! What morons think they can sustain a business with this approach to service!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I purchased my Dacor Distinctive #DT0127 wall oven in 2015 and have been very pleased with the product to date. However after running a self-clean cycle the oven does not work which was a surprise given the fact that I had previously done self-cleans before without any problems. I immediately contacted Dacor customer service who were amazing! The CSR that I spoke with kindly extended my warranty until 2018 even though I had not registered my oven with them upon purchasing it. He also arranged a service call for me that would be covered under the extended warranty. I am very impressed with the company's attention to service as I really love my oven. Even though I experienced this issue I would still recommend this product.

Dacor Appliances Company Information