Dacor Appliances
  • 1 star
Based on 285 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 3, 2017

376 Dacor Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We have a Dacor gas range RSD30R that we bought to upgrade our kitchen in 2002. We have had several issues with the range to date. The first issue we had with the range was the auto lock for the oven cleaning cycle that failed in 2007. It was not covered under warranty and cost $88. The second item to fail were the oven door springs. They also failed in 2007 and covered under warranty. They failed again in 2017 and had to be replaced for a second time. The springs are too weak to hold the weight of the heavy door. $68-$78 for the springs. The springs could easily be changed out as the brackets are still good but they only come as complete units.

The last item to fail were the ignitors. Only one ignitor failed out of the four but as the spark module ignites all burners every time any one is turned on, premature failure could be expected as all ignitors light every time. This time the part is no longer available from Dacor. Dacor does not support any products they build after 7-8 years. Parts will no longer be available. I would not recommend Dacor Appliances to anyone as the manufacturer does not support their own products very long. I purchased Dacor to buy American and I regret it now. In contrast every product that Miele made even 20+ years ago, parts are still available directly from Miele and other suppliers as well.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

A new 6 gas stove was installed the end of 2005. Once it was installed I asked why the burners clicked for so long. The man who installed said it was normal. They still continue to click. This is a secondary concern. My primary concern is the stove leaks gas. I have had the gas company out 3 times to verify the stove is leaking gas. We have had two different technicians come to repair. The 1st told us the gas pipeline needed to be replaced, it was replaced. The gas company come again and said the leak is still there, which I knew because I can still smell gas. Then next technician said there is nothing wrong with the stove. I currently have the gas turned off for safety reasons. Our family has severe food allergies and I cook for my kids everyday. This is difficult when we have a stove we can't use because it is leaking gas. They continue to say they cannot find anything wrong with our stove. Terrible customer service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

This week Dacor installed my 2nd replacement gas range. I remodeled my kitchen 3 years ago and chose Dacor because I had a great experience with their appliances in the past, had their oven and stove in my kitchen for 15+ years and never had a problem. With the first new range, the oven started to automatically shut off due to excess heat escape, so the safety feature would kick in and shut the system down, in addition the knobs would become very hot even when the over was used briefly, 12-15 minutes. I was very impressed and happy with the customer service through Dacor, they immediately gave me a brand new over. Exactly another year, the new oven had the same problem, door begins to not hinge properly and heat begins escape, knobs get dangerously hot.

This week Dacor very kindly, replaced my appliance with the new Dacor Renaissance 36". I used the oven for 12 minutes on 400 and the entire exterior is dangerously hot. I do not have any children, however, if I did I would be terrified that they could seriously injure themselves. The exterior of an oven should not become hot like this. Has anyone else had this issue with Dacor? I feel they have been very responsive with regards to customer service however I want an appliance that is safe.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Purchased a Dacor Epicure ER36DSCH/NG RANGE and oven in 2007. Sad story, it never worked properly since day 1. Initially a gas burner did not light, they came and repaired it. Subsequently the door lock failed in the lock position - had that repaired. The door lock failed the next year again, this time thanksgiving, ruined the dinner. They fixed it but the following year the lower burner element failed at Thanksgiving. All my relatives know not to purchase a Dacor product. Problem is I am stuck with this boat anchor. The oven door motor has failed 3 more times and thankfully the service man showed me how to change it. Today we tried to bake some apple pies and found the oven temperature set at 450 was only 350 (bought an oven thermometer). This explains why it always takes so long to bake things. A complete piece of **, never ever buy one.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We purchased a DACOR Cooktop Model PGM365 when we renovated our home in 2007-08. Within weeks we experienced problems. The burners would die when either of the cabinet doors underneath was opened and would re-ignite when the door was closed. In addition, and more importantly, when the high BTU burner was lit, flames would shoot out from underneath (i.e. in the cabinet below.)

Complaint was made to the retailer who, unable to resolve the issue, referred us to DACOR. DACOR took the complaint, gave us a reference # and, after not hearing from them for a while, was told that they had changed systems and could not find the number. They refused to do anything to resolve this unsatisfactory and dangerous condition. We have not been able to use the high BTU burner for years! We will never purchase another DACOR product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We chose DACOR (8-burner double oven top of the line ERD60S06CH/LP) in 2006, new construction because we disliked the signature blue interior of another luxury brand. Last October I detected a gas leak from one of the burners. The authorized repair company was contacted, and the entire unit - all 8 burners and both ovens were out of commission while we waited for the replacement part. Six weeks later the repair guy returned with the wrong part. We had to wait an additional month for the repair guy to return. Apparently, not important that people might want to cook and bake before the Holidays! After the new valve was replaced the oven light began to turn on when any of the gas valves on the defective side was turned on.

I write this review 8 months into the problem. I can fix for $700 by ordering a new control panel. I wish I had read these reviews earlier. I overheard the tech say that there was "electrical interference" and that the wires need to be insulated to stop the oven light from turning on and off. I am so FED up with both the Dacor California head office not caring and the horrible authorized service company. I will take this unit apart myself and fix it. DACOR IS GARBAGE. Go with Sub-Zero, Miele and forget this Brand. DACOR: Don't Accept Crap Or Rubbish! Made in America? Shame on you. No problems with 4 Sub-Zero fridges, or 4 Miele dishwasher the same age.

Original review: July 25, 2017

We purchased a home with brand new Dacor appliances. Within 1 year, the relay board had to be replaced. One year later, the relay board has to be replaced again. It's $600 each time for parts and labor... The part alone costs $500. The company does not warranty the relay board. At this point, we should have purchased a new wall oven. They claim these are superior appliances. Our gas stove top works well, but the wall oven and refrigerator have been nothing but problematic. We will never purchase this brand again.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I bought a 30" Dacor Double Oven (EO230SCH), 36" cooktop, warming drawer and matching convection microwave. Well over $10k. The microwave has been replaced as it died early within the first year while cooking popcorn - nearly started a fire in the kitchen... However the cooktop igniter died at 4 years and now the wall oven is on its third control board in years 3, 4 and 5. Nothing is under warranty and they want nothing to do with me now. The replacement oven controls cost ~$400 each plus installation. So after all this expense, I have invested $1,200 more in replacement parts and the cooktop needs an aim & flame to light. Total crap. I'm going to replace all of this and will never go back to Dacor. I took the time to write this so that others will not waste their time with what I have to assume is the worst quality in the industry. Please don't waste your money.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I purchased all Dacor products. First Dishwasher went out, had purchased warranty. Came out 6 times to fix it, filed complaint with Better Business Bureau. Finally got dishwasher replaced with a Kitchen Aid. Thank God for the BBB. They help people. Then my stand alone range with 6 burners had one of the burners go bad, the appliance co. fixed it. Then the oven relay board went defective. Had to order part over $400.00, no warranty. Then wall oven Relay Board went out, 2016. Paid over $460.00.

Less than 12 months later relay board went out again. They said "Sorry, no warranty." Ordered part said it was $500.00 + to replace. The appliance repair tech ordered wrong relay board. They called me today and now said it's going to cost $650.00, no warranty. Do not buy Decor products. They are horrible. I feel I am being ripped off by Dacor and feeling untrusting of the Appliance Co. I may need to file another complaint with Better Business Bureau. Buyers beware!

Original review: June 17, 2017

We equipped a luxury kitchen with Dacor appliances. Had to replace the 60 inch dual fuel range after 8 years - use the same brand simply to match. Big mistake. Several repairs already. Also installed two under the counter warming drawers - nothing but problems and repair expense. Now we need a small $25 part - a cooling fan with motor that is faulty. Was informed the part is no longer available - customer service told me "well, it is 10 years old". Really? We now have to rebuild part of the kitchen cabinetry and spend several thousand to replace two warming drawers? They also said the company was too small to keep parts available for a long period of time. Unbelievable! I will never buy Dacor appliances again.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I purchased my 30" range and was so excited! Well no longer. First the wrong range was delivered. I had to wait another three weeks for the correct one. My oven can not cook at all. Temp fluctuates by 100 degrees. Going on my third service call and still not working. It very unfair, I have to take time off work to wait for repair person, then nothing is fixed. I wish I could return this lemon. But after reading other reviews I am not alone. Why is this company not accountable for ripping hard working people off. I love cooking. It's my passion. My Kenmore Elite was half the price and far more superior.

Original review: April 10, 2017

We did a total kitchen remodel and purchased Dacor appliances. Big mistake. Had to spend 500 on refrigerator repair (model EF36BNDFSS). Oven is off 25 degrees on temperature. The glass top for burners was defective. Would never purchase Dacor. Microwave front trim keeps coming off as well.

Original review: March 25, 2017

After less than a year after installation the oven continues to operate poorly. It's been recalibrate twice and a new control board installed. Did I mention the board had burned components? It still does not operate properly. It's at least 25 degrees off. Everything takes way longer to cook than it should. Thanksgiving was 2 hours late. Christmas was the same. Entertaining during the holidays, embarrassing. Now Dacor wants pictures to prove to truly see how poorly the oven is operating. I thought I bought a quality product but I was wrong. This is just following suit with the Dacor refrigerator I purchased and was replace months later.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Our 30in Dacor double ovens are approximately 12 years old. I feel they operate adequately. However, not better than our much lower end appliances we previously owned. My main complaint is the self cleaning function. My old oven's self cleaning worked much better! With our Dacor ovens one must take out the racks and clean them by hand. This is very difficult and time consuming. I used the 3 hr option to clean my oven that was moderately dirty, mainly from cooking a prime rib over the holidays. After the 3 hr cleaning the oven was still very dirty with splatters and grease. I'm now cleaning my oven again with a second 3 hr cleaning cycle. I know at the end of this second cycle I will need to do a lot more cleaning by hand! I hope Dacor has improved their inadequate self cleaning feature. If it hasn't been improved, I really can't recommend Dacor ovens.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My wife and I purchased an expensive Dacor Outdoor Grill for our outdoor kitchen in our new home we constructed 5 years ago. It has been a piece of junk from day one. For 5 years the igniter for two of the burners "clicks" non-stop the entire time the grill is turned on. We have made countless calls to fix the issue, but not one Dacor endorsed technician can fix the problem.

Finally, last night (February 6, 2017) the stupid grill exploded and died a fitting death. Soot was sprayed over everything in the area, black nasty junk oozed out the side of the grill and the control knobs were blown off the grill. I could not turn off the searing burner even using pliers. I finally had to turn off the main valve controlling the natural gas that fed the grill. I will never, ever buy a high-end grill again! I failed to mention that after only 3 years many of the internal parts were extremely corroded, even though the grill sits under a roof and is protected from the elements. Save your money and go with a much less expensive brand.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Purchased Dacor Renaissance wall oven in July 2015, Model RNO130S. After less than a year and a half, the cooking temperature began to fail. For instance, set to bake at 425 degrees, the oven would appear to heat properly, but tried and true recipes would be pasty and uncooked at the expected time. I inserted an oven thermometer inside to test and found an erratic pattern of oven heating up properly to 425 but then sometimes dropping back to about 350 during cook time and refusing to ever reach 425 again. ABT repairman adjusted temperature calibration but refused to troubleshoot any further. Just ruined another dinner. Thanks Dacor and ABT for your unreliable product and poor service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I called customer service to ask general directions on how to remove the top of my oven range. The person answering the phone (01/23/2017 at 4:25 PM) would not let me talk to anyone in service. I asked him why, and are you ready for this? He said we can't talk to customer service for our own "security".. No kidding. The idiot went on to try and tell me it was for my protection! After arguing further, I asked him to again connect me with a technician. He puts me on hold and comes back and says "The technician said to call a service provider" - unbelievable. I will NEVER buy a DACOR product again! What morons think they can sustain a business with this approach to service!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I purchased my Dacor Distinctive #DT0127 wall oven in 2015 and have been very pleased with the product to date. However after running a self-clean cycle the oven does not work which was a surprise given the fact that I had previously done self-cleans before without any problems. I immediately contacted Dacor customer service who were amazing! The CSR that I spoke with kindly extended my warranty until 2018 even though I had not registered my oven with them upon purchasing it. He also arranged a service call for me that would be covered under the extended warranty. I am very impressed with the company's attention to service as I really love my oven. Even though I experienced this issue I would still recommend this product.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I purchased a DACOR Discovery IQ Range one year ago Model # DYRP36DS/NG from an online authorized DACOR retailer. Here is a synopsis of the events I've had with the range over the past 12 months: I took delivery of the Range in January of 2016 at my home under construction. I moved into the home in April 2016 which is when the Range was fist installed. In May I began to have problems with the unit, it would shut down during preheating, then reboot itself, sometimes it would just reboot itself randomly. I called DACOR customer support who told me that I needed to download the latest software version, which I did. Shortly thereafter, the Range again would shut down during cooking and go into a reboot cycle.

I called DACOR again, they sent out a local service company. In June the technician came out and upgraded and re-installed the software. The problem continued, I contacted DACOR AGAIN, got the run around, etc... Escalated the problem. DACOR then determined the problem was in the internal circuit board which they arranged to shipped to local service company. The service company came out again, replaced the internal circuit board and attempted to upgrade the eProm, which didn't work. The Range was in a constant state of rebooting itself over and over and over again. The Technician left. Said nothing more he could do. I had to shut the power off so the unit would stop rebooting itself.

I called DACOR AGAIN, I got a complete run around, they refused to do anything more. I finally was able to reach the V.P. of Customer Service. After a few conversations and investigation into the issues. She determined that the unit needed a new front controller panel. The panel was shipped to the local service company. The service company came out again and replaced the front controller panel. It's now November. Over Christmas, the unit began to shut off the oven randomly during cooking cycles, for no apparent reason. Over New Years, the oven was shutting off, flashing an error code and reboot! I called DACOR last week. They refuse to help because now it is "out of warranty".

I've contacted the online retailer. I've left messages at DACOR for the Service Manager and the V.P. of Service. NO RESPONSE. So this is how DACOR deals with servicing their "high end" appliances, keep trying to pretend to fix the lemon appliance until the anniversary date, and then they don't have to deal with their $9,000 piece of garbage "high end" range any longer. The consumer gets screwed and DACOR doesn't care in the least! DO NOT BUY an appliance from DACOR.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Our new ranch has three Dacor microwaves, only one of which has had a few months of use. The others have very limited use. To this point we've not had problems, but given the opportunity to redo the purchases we'd go with a popular brand, i.e., LG, GE, Panasonic. They are more flexible, parts are available, and all three combined would probably cost less than one of these. In fairness, I personally feel the same about our other high end appliances, Wolf, Viking, Sub-Zero and Asko. None beats our former appliances. Maybe it's just about show.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

We remodeled our kitchen and decided to use the range as the focal point of the room. The decision to go with a Dacor ER36DSCH dual fuel range over comparable Wolf and Viking models as well as a Dacor heating drawer was made, a decision I have regretted since. Our unit keeps blowing the baking element ($200) which routinely fails at the most inopportune times.

To date I have replaced four and the Mrs. recently informed me that the oven is once again not heating properly. Thankfully, I am competent enough to diagnosis and repair it myself and did a thorough operational inspection and cleaning which revealed the broil element ($180) had also gone bad this time. My wife "hates" this oven and unfortunately it sits right smack in the middle of our beautiful kitchen to remind us of the bad decision we made. In fact, we are now at the point where we are considering replacing it and sending it to a scrap yard where it belongs. Avoid this brand or it will cost you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Do not buy a Dacor appliance unless you're okay with replacing parts for the oven in less than 2 years. The control electronic part was replace then less than a year later the user interface had to be replaced. Less than a year after the user interface was replaced, the oven completely stopped working. After calling the same repair guy to come fix it, they informed me that the company no longer sells the control interface. When I called the company, the only options they gave me were to send the part to a third party refurbish company and have them fix it. That means I would have to call the service repair company for the FOURTH time to have them remove the part, I would need to send it away to get fixed and call them back to put it back in.

Dacor didn't even offer to pay for any of this. The customer service rep offered to give me a discount on a new unit. Are you kidding me?!? Please do yourself a favor and don't buy anything from this company. They don't back up their products and it's clear they don't care about their reputation. It's a waste of money to be spend on "high end" appliances that are poorly made. Spend less from a different company that's been around for a long time. At least if a part goes, you'll have reassurance they will have that part handy. A terrible company. I hope they go belly up soon so they can stop selling overly priced kitchen appliances to people.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

If anyone else has this experience with Dacor ovens, we need to have a class action suit against Dacor! While baking Christmas cookies this week with my grandchildren, my ovens stopped working and started beeping. The error code was F3. I was able to get a technician rather quickly who diagnosed the problem as a failure of the control board which affected both ovens. The replacement part was discontinued from production in 2011. My ovens are 12 years old and cost over $4,000 at the time. What a pickle I was in a week before family coming for Christmas dinner!

The technician said my only recourse was to send the control board to a refurbisher and he did not know when the board would be fixed - all for a whopping costs of over $600.00! I find it unacceptable that Dacor discontinues a control board and forces the consumer to either buy new ovens or pay the cost of a refurbished part that I hope will work. After spending thousands of dollars, how does this happen? What can be done so the consumers who purchase appliances with good intentions are protected from manufacturers that don't stand behind their products? DACOR I NEED ANSWERS!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Worst oven I've ever purchased by far. Pay big bucks and get junk. About 2 times per month, the oven will not heat up. I can't count the amount of wasted food and dinners out, because it does not seem to ignite, only warm up to about 100 degrees. I contact the appliance repair company and it works when they come out, so they don't do anything. I will never, ever buy another appliance from this brand.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Oven Temperature - Bake max's out at 350 degrees. No matter what I set the temperature at, it will not get hotter than that. Local appliance repair says "they all do that, we can fix it for $240.00." Great, then why did I pay a premium for an inferior product.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

This is the second time I have purchased these appliances and unfortunately each one has been a great disappointment. I have spent enough in repair bills to almost purchase a warming drawer. Each one shuts down when the "self clean" button is turned on, and then I have to call a repairman out to recalibrate the oven to work each time I try to use the "self clean". I was told by the last repairman that the life of the oven is greatly shortened if you the "self clean" mode. If this is the case, either fix it or take out this mode.

After I had the oven about a year the oven door glass blew out, and this had to be replaced. The temperature in the oven is very unreliable in different areas of the oven and browns more on one side than the other... For the high end cost of these ovens, I would just as soon have a basic oven that works and does not go out every few months. What a waste of money I consider Dacor to be, and will never recommend it to anyone I know. I am in the "personal shopping" business and have my own company, but will tell my clients to be very aware of the high cost/low performance of Dacor products... On a scale of 1 to 10, Dacor gets a "1".

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Dacor double oven range turns off by itself while baking - Disappointed in Dacor, especially today. Thanksgiving 2016: baking turkey. Sill baking turkey. I don't know when the oven decided to switch off this time, but I have an uncooked turkey and guests waiting. The oven has done this before, but because it was new I thought it was user error. Nope, the damn oven mysteriously turns off on its own. Incredibly irritated with Dacor. The range hood we also purchased is a joke. We remodeled our kitchen 1 year ago and wanted quality appliances. Bad move. Save your money, folks. Save your money.

UPDATED ON 03/10/2017: Dacor sent a company out to fix the broken new oven. Oven still cannot hold its temperature (It takes FOREVER to heat then loses its heat while still showing a high temp). This time I have a recording on what happens when the oven automatically switches off. Disappointing when we spent nearly $10,000 in Dacor appliances for a kitchen remodel. DACOR, please have a rep contact me!!! Still waiting to hear back!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

We purchased a Dacor built-in refrigerator in 2011. After just 5 years the warning beeper came on. We learned that the main control panel - built by Whirlpool - was defective. We then learned that Dacor did not have any replacement part for this model. Our only alternative was the purchase a new refrigerator. Amazing!! Dacor reluctantly gave us a partial credit for a new (KitchenAid) model. However at the end of the day we are out of pocket over $2000 because Dacor built and sold a defective refrigerator with no ability to fix the problem. Very unsatisfactory handling of this situation.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I purchased a Dacor Renaissance range for our new home. What a waste of money. Though I have not had any major problems with the performance of the range yet, besides uneven baking, the design is not user-friendly. To begin with, the gas burners share a grate. So when cleaning, you have to remove the whole grate on one side. The controls for the burners & griddle are very hard to see & I have to bend over to see which burner I'm turning on. The oven racks are a joke. The two glide racks are very bulky with sharp edges. It is difficult to change the heights or to remove them for cleaning purposes. Though there are three racks included, it is impossible to bake with all three in the oven.

I have a GE Monogram that I had purchased two years ago for another home, and I love it The Renaissance & Monogram are similar in price, but I unfortunately, listened to the sales person & let them talk me into the Renaissance. I realized my mistake in buying a Dacor immediately & contacted the appliance store. Even though the Renaissance had not been used, they would only give me a token amount of money towards trading it in for a Monogram. So, I am stuck with a range that causes me to swear under my breath every time I use it. Dacor could learn a lot from GE.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2016

Decor responded to this posting and has provided a repair part to resolve the issue. They have been quite reasonable and their customer care is to be commended. Thank you, Dacor.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I have had multiple Dacor appliances. 4 sets of warming drawers, double wall oven, single wall oven, cooktop. My double wall oven failed at 8 years and needed replacement control board and membrane keypad, an expensive repair. 2 of the 4 warming drawers failed and needed control replacement. The double oven then had repeated control board failure so we decided to replace it with an updated model some 3 plus years ago. Being clean freaks, we did not really soil the ovens so we never had need to use the self cleaning feature. Guests were not so careful so we went to use the self clean feature today and it did not work. A service call revealed the need for replacement control board. How can I be so unlucky as to have repeated control board failures in 2 different Dacor ovens? I am frustrated and believe Dacor should stand behind this product which is just beyond warranty.

Dacor Appliances Company Information