Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Dacor Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 7, 2021

Don’t purchase Dacor appliance - it’s been worst purchase experience ever and I am extremely disappointed. After six months since I purchased the Dacor built-in refrigerator, Dacor couldn’t even ship the proper installation parts and my refrigerator is still not working. Problems:

1. Their high end $11K Dacor built-in refrigerator cannot even be installed. Wasted five months communicating with both Dacor and the retailer AppliancesConnection. After five months they were still able to ship the proper missing installation parts. Over the past five months, I talked to six different team members in Dacor customer support team, escalated to customer support lead and also talked to their regional technical manager, none of them is able to solve my problem and ship the right installation parts.

a) Their process is extremely messy. Their customer support team had no idea about installation requirement of the refrigerator. And the request from their customer support team is declined by their internal Parts department again and again, only to find out installation parts should’ve shipped by the retailer. This is extremely confusing now and no one in the team seems to understand the right process.

b) After Dacor acquired by Samsung, their manufacturing process is very messy and parts are extremely confusing. There’s one version of required installation parts in Dacor manual and one version of Samsung parts in the Parts guide, and no one in the team seems to understand the difference and how to map from one to another (they insist on sending me Samsung parts instead, claiming they’re compatible). I am now the expert myself to understand all their parts and able to identify many problems in their manual.

2. As a high end brand, Dacor doesn’t seem to care about their customer at all. As a customer who did kitchen remodeling and had no refrigerator to use for five months, no one in the team seems to care about their brand or their customers. With this huge gap in the process, no one thinks about the problem from their customer’s perspective or shared empathy with me. Dacor as a brand is really bad and I am extremely disappointed in both their product and services.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Purchased a Dacor freezer. Freezer does not come with outer panel. Understandably, because you can choose to put your own custom panel on or order one from Dacor. Found out Dacor was bought by Samsung, a few years ago. So I decided to order a Stainless steel door from Dacor. One of Dacor's reps suggested I order from J@J international. I placed order and two days later they called back saying they cannot ship door to me UPS nor FedEx will ship it. They refunded my money, so I reordered from someone else.

Got ss panel toe kick and handle. Opened box only to find out no hardware, brackets ss trim for sides screws and so forth. I assumed mounting hardware would be with door. So began the part search for parts. Come to find out Samsung changed Dacors part #s. Vendors who sell the parts could not come up with parts or told me not available. Reliable parts agent told me this. I was told they should have come with freezer.

Meanwhile called back Dacor to someone who specializes in dealing with these issues. She took over 45 minutes of my time giving me the impression she was gonna resolve the issue. She finally said we have the parts and inferred that I must have not talked to reliable parts. I assured her I did. She continued to refute what I told her.

I have been right at two months trying to get freezer door installed. I called an Appliance dealer in Salisbury Md. to get assistance. He told me when Samsung bought Dacor he dropped line. I now see why. It has been the worst experience I have had with a company that has absolutely done nothing but appear to be concerned and say they are sorry but do nothing. It looks like it will be another 750.00 to get a couple little trims and brackets and a few screws. If I had it to do over I would never have gone down this road. This has been a two month old nightmare that is still going on. Best advice I can give is steer clear of Dacor/Samsung. Was going to buy matching column refrigerator. Not now.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2021

We purchased a Dacor induction range 5 years ago which cost $5000 plus installation parts and service costs totalling $10000. Two days ago, an error code showed up indicating that the generator needs replacement. I contacted Dacor who states that the part is discontinued but that I could contact a refurbishing company (Corecentric) to send my generator to for possible repair. A service technician would have to remove the generator, I would send the part to Corecentric, then IF they can repair it, the tech needs to reinstall it. There are no service providers that Dacor referred me to that will service a refurbished part. Even if I wanted to try, I as an owner, cannot remove it myself because Dacor does not provide the service manual to do so.

I spoke to Dacor multiple times about this problem and management stated that since the product "is so out of warranty" that they cannot offer any other repair option, compensation, or replacement even if the part is deemed unrepairable by Corecentric. When you pay $10000 for a product I expect it to last more than five years and that a reputable company would stand by their product and service. Essentially, Dacor inferred that we are out of $10000 because a part that POSSIBLY can be refurbished for $215 plus service costs, can't get serviced and Dacor takes no further responsibility. I have heard stories from appliance providers and service providers that since Dacor joined Samsung, that their customer service is poor and products have become inferior.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Updated on 06/14/2021: We placed a review about a month ago about a defective range. The company contacted us, took some information, but we have not heard from them since. It seems they just wanted an appearance of willingness to help but do not intend to help. After spending almost $4000 on a stove you would think it would last more than a few years before the motherboard malfunctioned. Dacor has provided no help. Very poor customer service and an extreme disappointment.

Original Review: We bought our Dacor range for 3800$ in 2017. The self clean function did not work due to a defective locking mechanism. We had that repaired. Starting in 2019, the bake cycle was not heating up to set temperature. We followed recalibrate instructions. Then, the temperature went over the desired setting. I’ve tried adjusting baking times to deal with the problem. Convection bake started having temperatures above the set temperature.

Several months ago we called for repair. The service technician tested the sensor and said it was fine. He stated that it was the motherboard which would cost $1200 to replace with parts and labor. That’s a lot of money to put into a high end stove that cost $3800 to begin with and is only 3 years old! We’ve had Frigidaire stoves that lasted 15+ years. This continues to be a problem. Unfortunately, we may have to replace this stove with Viking or Wolf. This is totally unacceptable considering the initial cost of the stove and the fact that Dacor markets their products to be long lasting and reliable. Never will I buy Dacor products again.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I have been getting the run around from Dacor regarding a part that I paid $700 to fix an interior light that comes on and off like a strobe light. After the local service company installed the part, recommended as the fix by Dacor, the issue returned. I contacted the technician again and that is when the run around started by Dacor. I was told to contact the customer service line and tell my story which I did, only to be told that the Range is too old and they don't stand behind the warranty nor service anymore. They said beyond 5 years they don't do anything for the customer.

I paid $8000 for this range back in 2005 and it has worked just great until this recent issue. If I had known that there was no service nor any parts for the fix I would have just dismantled the interior light. But why did they recommend the part I did purchase to begin with? Are they just trying to increase revenues by advising customers to buy parts that won't work? DO NOT BUY DACOR PRODUCTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ON THE HOOK FOR REPAIRS AFTER ONLY 5 YEARS! This company has rude customer service agents and they do not stand behind their name!

Original review: May 3, 2021

We bought a new house a couple years ago, and the kitchen came with a suite of new Dacor appliances - range, fridge, and dishwasher. They are all terrible.

The led indicator on the dishwasher is scrambled. The icemaker in the fridge clogs up into a solid block of ice. We had this fixed, which involved a new control board and some caulking, but the problem returned not long after. The knobs on the range feel like they'll snap off any time. The lights in the oven aren't seated properly and they interfere with the oven racks. It takes forever to get up to temperature. And I'm starting to think I have a gas leak. How can these products be so expensive and such utter garbage? Oh, but they have wifi!

Original review: April 19, 2021

We purchased a home with a 5 year old Dacor Discovery IQ Double Wall Oven. Model Number DYO230S. Great looking and it has a very sophisticated and functionally rich digital control system. Problem is the digital control system does not work. The stove has a mind of its own and will just shut off for 24 to 48 hours and return to function randomly. Shutting the power off and turning it back on has no effect.

Dacor (Now Samsung) has been completely un-helpful. Bottom line response - tough. Product is no longer produced, replacement parts no longer in stock - "maybe there is a part on eBay" ** Honest that is the answer. I have called parts companies who also complain about Dacor (now Samsung). No luck. So we will now need to purchase a replacement product for anywhere from 4,000 to 10,000 dollars. To replace a 5 year old - 8,000 product. It will definitely not be a Dacor or Samsung product. And I will do my best to put similar reviews on the internet where ever I can.

Just to add some balance - 21 years ago we custom built a home and purchased two Dacor ovens. Both were great. 21 years of flawless operation. When we saw this oven as we went through the home purchase process we were delighted. What a disappointment. Also - before the oven started to go wacky on us we needed to replace the bulbs (2) in the oven light fixture. Initially I contacted Dacor parts and had a very pleasant experience ordering the two replacements. However nothing came to our home. Called again and found that Dacor had been sold to Samsung and the price of the bulbs had doubled or more. No exaggeration. Stay away from Dacor and Samsung.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Purchased a house with Dacor 2 Built in 30"refrigerators that suppose to be under additional 1 year warranty after 2 year initial warranty expires, Both units were registered online and still showing being under warranty and the company refuse to take care of the issue. This is not how you treat customers and it tells that it does not matter if you buy $8000 refrigerator, you as a customer does not really matter. I am in the process of building another house right now and I was considering spending over $40,000 on Dacor appliances and that will definitely not happen since the company refuses to honor the warranty that is still active over broken door spring. What a shame!

Original review: April 13, 2021

I purchased the Dacor panel ready refrigerator and freezer column 15 months ago. The refrigerator stopped cooling -- in 15 months! These were 8k each!!! It had now been over 2 months without a working refrigerator and no end in sight. I will never ever purchase one of their products again! They replaced the compressor and 3 days later it stopped cooling again. What a joke! DO NOT BUY DACOR!

Original review: April 6, 2021

Updated on 05/11/2021: I wrote a review about my terrible Dacor stove, and I was amazed when I was notified within a couple of days that Dacor wanted to help resolve my issue. I was asked to provide some basic personal information, which I dutifully supplied. That was weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep since, and I doubt I will. Clearly they do this just so they can mark these reviews as "Resolution in progress" to make it seem like they're doing something to help. But as far as I can tell it's nothing but a smokescreen. Don't be fooled by "resolutions in progress."

Original: Our Dacor stove is the worst stove I have ever owned or lived with in my 50+ years. Within 2 years after we bought it, the oven had stopped working twice and 2 of the 4 knobs broke. (I've never had a knob break on any stove before.) Luckily an appliance repair person (not specific to Dacor) was able to get the oven working both times but told us replacement knobs were not available. We have tried generics but nothing fits. I have been juggling 2 knobs on 4 burners for more than 3 years now, and STILL Dacor has no replacements available. Six months ago we inquired again and were told they had a new model of knobs available that would fit, but we ordered them and they were on back order and never became available. Meanwhile Dacor had already processed our payment for them (which is illegal, I believe) so we had to deal with getting that refunded because our hope of the knobs ever being in stock was gone.

This is also the loudest electric oven I've ever owned. It sounds like convection is on every time you use it, whether or not it's actually set on convection. That lasts for 20 minutes after you turn off the oven, too. Also, periodically the stove emits a loud BEEP and resets its computer for no apparent reason, sometimes when I'm cooking (oh, you had a timer going? TOO BAD - who knows when it will be ready now!) and sometimes when the stove isn't even on at all (just thought you might like to reset the clock - AGAIN).

Furthermore, the oven door has a "special" design with an open space at the base that allows dog hair to get sucked in from under the stove and collect between the 2 layers of glass. So we get to view our food through dirty HAIR. Apparently that's why the oven is so loud, because it takes a lot to suck up all that hair from under the stove. This can be cleaned, but you have to remove the door to get to it, which is not easy - I can't do it myself. It's so embarrassing when we have people over for dinner; I just hope nobody notices the hairball in the oven door. After reading through the other Dacor reviews I consider myself lucky to be able to cook at all. Buyer beware, don't EVER buy anything from this brand. It's total (expensive) crap and customer service is nonexistent.

Dacor Appliances Company Information