Dacor Appliances

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Dacor Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Our builder and us purchased a $16,000 appliance package from Decor. After a few months, our induction cook top stopped heating. We contacted customer service, and after three months, three visits, and being bounced around on the phone for hours waiting for people to call us back (which never happens), it is still not fixed or replaced. I would never suggest someone to purchase these appliances. First, because of the appliances, unreliability, and second for the horrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

We remodeled our kitchen last year and our interior designer specified Dacor as a "high end" product. We purchased a new Dacor 36" refrigerator (DRR36980RAP) and 24" freezer last year for about $14,000. They were installed about a year ago. Save your money and do not purchase Dacor refrigerators. They do not work, and customer service leaves you hanging. In mid-October 2022, two problems developed. First, the refrigerator door started opening on its own. Worse, the refrigerator stopped cooling and the interior temperature was over 60 degrees Fahrenheit. The service tech told my wife that the door opening was caused by a defective circuit board. He came back on October 28 to address the lack of cooling. He told me the refrigerator didn't function because there was a leak in the system which carried the chemical that cools the refrigerator.

As a result of this defect, he explained that the refrigerator was incapable of maintaining proper temperature. He told me it would take 3-4 hours to "fix" this problem, as he would need to disassemble the unit and use a welding torch to replace the entire defective system. He did not have time in his schedule to repair that day, and his next available appointment was not until 11/9. I contacted Dacor and told the "concierge" this solution was not acceptable. We paid $14000 for a new refrigerator and freezer, not one that after one year needs a major part removed and a new one welded into place.

On October 28, I told the concierge that I wanted the defective refrigerator to be replaced. Having received no response from her, I contacted Dacor that afternoon and spoke with Kendrick. He told me I would either hear from Dacor either that day or early next week. I am still waiting for that call as of Tuesday afternoon. As things now stand, I have no working refrigerator and customer service is ignoring me and my broken refrigerator. I expected more from the high end line of Samsung products. Very disappointing.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I could write a small novel about the experience with my two Dacor Renaissance kitchen stoves. I purchased a 30" Renaissance and a 36" Renaissance stove with a combined cost of $14,000. Pro====Beautiful to look at- they looked amazing in our historic stone house renovation in Vermont. Con====A nightmare- full stop. I am putting these two stoves out on the curb. They look perfect YET have literally no value. These stoves had door hinge issues, oven temperature issues and now have no ability to be serviced. No techs- no parts- no appliance dealers carrying them anymore.

Avoid- please. We have the ability to replace these stoves and should have already. Instead I kept thinking we could find a solution- even put in a baking kitchen off our house during the pandemic- so silly now that I look back. If I can save one person from buying a Dacor product, I would sleep better. I wish I had never seen them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

BEWARE! There is not one inch of stainless steel on this Dacor cooktop, despite its name and its owner's manual both claiming it is "Stainless Steel." But as soon as you clean it with "an approved stainless steel cleaner," as the manual advises, you will see scratches and distortions appear on what they claim is stainless steel. Using the same cleaner on my actual stainless steel appliances makes them shine and does no damage, so Dacor is 100% fraudulent with this product. And I just spent over $2,000 on this cooktop and installation for my new home, and it looks like trash after the first week. Even the Samsung/Dacor tech who came out on a service call told me, "This isn't really stainless steel, it is only a kind of finish." Sadly, Dacor will do nothing to help and they take no responsibility for false advertising. And they continue to lie to customers and advertise it as "Dacor Transitional 36" Stainless Steel Natural Gas Cooktop." Lousy product + lying company = the Dacor experience.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I redid my kitchen in 2019 and ordered a whole Dacor package because I liked the steam oven function in the 48" modernist range, the look and the feel of the appliances which felt sturdy, and the sleek system additions. The refrigerator in particular was beautiful inside with a camera and glass and stainless interior which looked and felt much better than the subzero. HOWEVER, my oven broke within a year, I couldn't use anything but the range-top because when Dacor sent someone to fix it under warranty the tech broke the whole system and it took another 11 months before the issue was resolved by replacing my entire range.

Customer service was non-existent, and I had to call and sit through hours on hold every single week for 10 months. My fridge broke twice in the last 2 years needing new parts and spoiling everything inside each time. Again, customer service was impossible, and it took months each time to get parts and labor and have the unit up and running properly and then it would break again. I will never get another Dacor product. We also had the dishwasher which didn't clean anything and I replaced that within months of owning it. Spend a little more and buy Wolf/Sub Zero!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Buyer beware! The Dacor 4 door refrigerator, model # DRF427500AP falsely lists wifi capabilities with a camera. Specifically listed under the product features "IQ Remoteview Camera and IQ Remote Diagnostics (wifi). It is also in the actual product manual, however, after purchasing and having the fridge installed, I was unable to connect. I called Dacor customer service and was told this refrigerator does NOT have the ability to connect to an app or wifi. In disbelief, I called the SmartThings service line (the Samsung app) and was also told this refrigerator is not capable of being connected to the app. Dacor FALSELY ADVERTISES wifi and camera connectivity.

Original review: March 19, 2022

My Dacor wall oven does not heat. It is 6 years old and barely used. The technician is waiting for Dacor to get back to them to fix the problem. The technician has done everything they can and it has been four months and Dacor is not responding to fix the issue as it's a Dacor problem not a technician problem. (It's a control interface issue, the relay board communicating with machine is not working properly.) I have done my own investigation and they do not reply to customer service e-mails, there is no phone number to talk to someone who could help, just a receptionist who says after 7 years we don't fix Dacor. Again, my oven is 6 years old. I would not purchase this high end product or any product from Dacor ever again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Updated on 06/15/2022: The column fridge has Broken again after only two months of it being repaired. I have now been out of a fridge for two weeks making it a total of 16 weeks that I am out of the fridge in less than two years. It obviously is a lemon yet Dacor won't acknowledge this and after eight service calls is still trying to repair it. Do not buy an appliance from Dacor!

Original Review: I have an Dacor column fridge and after 18 mths (under warrant), it's not cooling. It's been 3 weeks, 2 repair visits and I'm still out of fridge. Repair person said this is a known issue. If this is the case, Dacor should be proactive and reaching out to consumers under warranty to get this fixed instead of waiting for complaints. Interior trim kit is not included in purchase price which is ridiculous for the price of this fridge. Would not recommend!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I bought this beautiful range and choose Dacor but when we used the Green Clean on it the enamel pealed off a spot on the bottom of the oven a 2x4 inch patch. Now Dacor say that this is cosmetic and will not honor their warranty. I have been calling them daily because they do not call me. Their service sucks.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

We did a full reno on our house starting in 2018. With a brand new kitchen we felt higher end appliances would help finish it off nicely. We settled on Dacor from our appliance dealer due to the look a past history of great reviews. Had we known that the original Dacor no longer existed and it was now Samsung with Dacor nameplate we never would have bought them. We have had 15+ service calls for the fridge and oven. Oven didn't work from day one and required multiple board changes. The interior is not level so you can't bake a cake and the racks are impossible to remove without bending the rails. It just failed again last night just as the warranty expired. The call center is in the Caribbean so don't expect any help from "customer service". The ice maker with the fridge is a continual problem so we had to buy an $100 ice maker that now sits on our counter full time. These appliances have a high end price tag but are not high end!

Dacor Appliances Company Information