1.68/5
Based on 305 reviews that contain star ratings

Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

View More View More

396 Dacor Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a new Induction CookTop on boxing day 2016. I received my permits to build my house so I started shopping around and purchasing appliances. Last week my home was finally built and ready to move into. My electrician hooked up the induction cooktop and 2 of the 5 burners do not work. Dacor told me that there is only a 1-year warranty on the item. I explained that it has zero hours on it and that it's brand new, I even offered to send photos of the kitchen, that still doesn't have a range hood fan or doors on the cabinets as of yet, to prove to them that it's a new home. They didn't want to see them and they want me to pay out of my own pocket to fix the appliance. I am appalled not only in regards to how I was treated but also to the fact that the cooktop doesn't work, out of the box. I will never buy another Dacor item and I will go out of my way to tell people about my experience.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We purchased Dacor appliances twice, (double ovens, warming drawer and gas cooktop), after our first flood, and then again, after we flooded from Hurricane Harvey. (Dacor's customer service was excellent in helping us replace all our appliances when we were going through such a horrific disaster because the vendor we purchased our appliance from the first time, wasn't in business anymore.) We were very satisfied with our appliances the first time we remodeled, that we purchased them again, and have not had any problems. The ovens heat up quicker than other high-end ovens and the range top cooks evenly and looks beautiful. I would purchase again, but hopefully, I won't have to.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

48 in. Range - Wish I had read reviews first would NEVER have purchased Dacor. Paid almost 11,000.00 for a range so many issues they replaced it. New range came with 7 defects. It has been over a month and nothing has been done about it. Everyone keeps passing the buck and I am sitting with an high end expensive product and no help from Dacor. I am being very patient but also very frustrated at this point.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I installed this Dacor 30" Warming Oven as part of a chef's kitchen 15 years ago. For about ten years it worked very well - and then the temperature regulator failed. I had it repaired at a significant cost because they no longer made a replacement part for the original, but fortunately my repairman was able to find alternate parts. It has now failed for the second time and I fear that I will have to trash it for want of a tiny, inexpensive part. EVERY OTHER HIGH-END APPLIANCE THAT I INSTALLED WITH THIS IS STILL WORKING PERFECTLY. I am very disappointed with Dacor - their products should be more dependable and have parts available for MANY years. This was a custom installation and I hope I can find another drawer that will fit - to which I will be able to attach my present unreplaceable cabinetry door.

Original review: July 18, 2018

When we recently remodeled our kitchen, we replaced our Dacor double ovens that we had had for 15 years. These were great ovens and not one problem with fairly heavy use, so we bought the Dacor Modernist double ovens. The ovens are usable, but they are the worst engineered product I have ever experienced. First, there is no clock on the stove because as I was told the clock would etch the screen if it was on 24 hours a day. Second, the sound the timer makes is so soft, even on the loudest setting, cannot be heard in any room but the kitchen, so I paid a premium price to carry a timer with me, so I know when my oven is done baking. Third, if I turn the oven light on, the timer either stops completely, or it resets to the original time. Fourth, the oven buzzes when it is cooking. Fifth the user manual is useless and there is no video or online information on how to use this oven that is not user friendly.

Finally, I have talked to Dacor and have had the repair person here, but he knew nothing about this oven. I am sorry every time that I use this oven that I did not buy my other choice, which was the Woof double ovens, but we thought this would be wonderful product, like the wonderful product that our previous ovens were. We also thought Dacor was a family company, but is now owned by Samsung. What a disappoint these ovens have been. The engineering for this product is a disgrace for any company and I no longer see the Modernist products advertised and it may be because it is such a poorly designed product. I never met a computer that I did not love, but this is not the electronic wonder that was advertised when we bought the ovens.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Original review: June 7, 2018

We bought this oven and had it installed a month ago. I'd love to love it, but unfortunately I don't even like it. Immediately after installation I noticed the touchpad for the bottom oven didn't work. I called Dacor and spent quite a bit of time while someone did the standard "is the power on" run through. I was told someone would have to call me back in the morning, at 9 am. The next day at 10 am having not heard a word, I called back. I was given the option to be called back ("you won't lose your place, and our first rep...") Great! Nope. Four hours later still nothing. I called back again. Someone answered quickly and after a short call arranged for a service person to come out in a few days.

Fast forward a few days and the serviceman arrives. He's clearly never seen this kind of oven. He calls Dacor and talks to their troubleshooting department. They decide the motherboard is bad and reorder. Well, it's been 10 days. *crickets*. There is no sense of urgency... In fact nobody even seems to care that my $7500.00 oven doesn't work and the microwave literally can't even pop popcorn. I would expect the company to rush delivery of the part. If need be replace the whole oven and figure out what is wrong with the motherboard on your own time. What I didn't expect is for literally everyone involved in the process of choosing and buying the appliance to not be able to find a solution. I give my new oven 1 star out of 10, because it looks nice. I'd rather have an oven that doesn't have a "smart" feature and actually works. FAIL Dacor.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have been trying for 4 weeks to get a very tiny plastic part for my Dacor Renaissance Dishwasher. The unit is 3 1/2 years old and a the small wheel that allows the top shelf to roll out broke off on one side. I have called 3 times and been told it would immediately been sent out to me. It never comes. Every time they tell me that they have the part and don't know why it hasn't been sent but they will overnight it. The last call was last Wednesday and it still did not come. I would never buy an appliance from they again, It is ridiculous.

Original review: June 3, 2018

My Dacor Double oven is less than 5 years old. Lately, the broil function has stopped working well on both ovens. I contacted the ONLY authorized Dacor repair center - Home Appliance Repair GTA (HARGTA) and told them my broiler wasn't working well. Their repair technician came to my house, took both double oven doors off in order to give me the assessment – that my upper broil function was not working well. In fact, both upper and lower do not work well but that's a side issue. In the process, the technician broke or did not properly reinstall my double oven door. I called and he returned and again, removed BOTH oven doors.

Now, my upper door is working well but my lower door has no hinge and falls hard and heavy. This is extremely dangerous. I have left multiple messages with HARGTA and they are not getting back to me. I've even contacted DACOR which is only in the US and they haven't gotten back to me either. I purchased a Dacor oven to get a quality appliance and excellent after care service. It appears that both the appliance and the aftercare service do not live up to their reputations. P.S. The quote to repair 1 broiler is $750 after less than 5 years of use. That will equal 1/4 of the oven cost in less than 5 years.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Motherboard on my favor wall oven has been replaced twice. Repairman said not use the self-cleaning feature as that will cause too high of heat and melt the components. Seriously, Dacor? We spend this kind of money and have these type of repair issues constantly. Just glad I finally was told what might help resolve this - I’m ready for a new oven because of all these problems.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We custom built our home in 2008 and installed Dacor Wall Oven/Microwave/Cooktop/Warming Drawer. We have had several issues with the warming drawer(MW030S). This is the second time we are having to replace the thermostat. Unfortunately, Dacor does not make or sell the part anymore (Part# 62734 Temperature control thermostat). 10 years is no time for a quality appliance and to not have any way to repair the unit is beyond unacceptable. At least provide a solution so that customers can continue to use and hopefully not ruin a high end appliance experience.

Dacor Appliances Company Information