Dacor Appliances

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Dacor Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I redid my kitchen in 2019 and ordered a whole Dacor package because I liked the steam oven function in the 48" modernist range, the look and the feel of the appliances which felt sturdy, and the sleek system additions. The refrigerator in particular was beautiful inside with a camera and glass and stainless interior which looked and felt much better than the subzero. HOWEVER, my oven broke within a year, I couldn't use anything but the range-top because when Dacor sent someone to fix it under warranty the tech broke the whole system and it took another 11 months before the issue was resolved by replacing my entire range.

Customer service was non-existent, and I had to call and sit through hours on hold every single week for 10 months. My fridge broke twice in the last 2 years needing new parts and spoiling everything inside each time. Again, customer service was impossible, and it took months each time to get parts and labor and have the unit up and running properly and then it would break again. I will never get another Dacor product. We also had the dishwasher which didn't clean anything and I replaced that within months of owning it. Spend a little more and buy Wolf/Sub Zero!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Buyer beware! The Dacor 4 door refrigerator, model # DRF427500AP falsely lists wifi capabilities with a camera. Specifically listed under the product features "IQ Remoteview Camera and IQ Remote Diagnostics (wifi). It is also in the actual product manual, however, after purchasing and having the fridge installed, I was unable to connect. I called Dacor customer service and was told this refrigerator does NOT have the ability to connect to an app or wifi. In disbelief, I called the SmartThings service line (the Samsung app) and was also told this refrigerator is not capable of being connected to the app. Dacor FALSELY ADVERTISES wifi and camera connectivity.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2022

My Dacor wall oven does not heat. It is 6 years old and barely used. The technician is waiting for Dacor to get back to them to fix the problem. The technician has done everything they can and it has been four months and Dacor is not responding to fix the issue as it's a Dacor problem not a technician problem. (It's a control interface issue, the relay board communicating with machine is not working properly.) I have done my own investigation and they do not reply to customer service e-mails, there is no phone number to talk to someone who could help, just a receptionist who says after 7 years we don't fix Dacor. Again, my oven is 6 years old. I would not purchase this high end product or any product from Dacor ever again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Updated on 06/15/2022: The column fridge has Broken again after only two months of it being repaired. I have now been out of a fridge for two weeks making it a total of 16 weeks that I am out of the fridge in less than two years. It obviously is a lemon yet Dacor won't acknowledge this and after eight service calls is still trying to repair it. Do not buy an appliance from Dacor!

Original Review: I have an Dacor column fridge and after 18 mths (under warrant), it's not cooling. It's been 3 weeks, 2 repair visits and I'm still out of fridge. Repair person said this is a known issue. If this is the case, Dacor should be proactive and reaching out to consumers under warranty to get this fixed instead of waiting for complaints. Interior trim kit is not included in purchase price which is ridiculous for the price of this fridge. Would not recommend!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I bought this beautiful range and choose Dacor but when we used the Green Clean on it the enamel pealed off a spot on the bottom of the oven a 2x4 inch patch. Now Dacor say that this is cosmetic and will not honor their warranty. I have been calling them daily because they do not call me. Their service sucks.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

We did a full reno on our house starting in 2018. With a brand new kitchen we felt higher end appliances would help finish it off nicely. We settled on Dacor from our appliance dealer due to the look a past history of great reviews. Had we known that the original Dacor no longer existed and it was now Samsung with Dacor nameplate we never would have bought them. We have had 15+ service calls for the fridge and oven. Oven didn't work from day one and required multiple board changes. The interior is not level so you can't bake a cake and the racks are impossible to remove without bending the rails. It just failed again last night just as the warranty expired. The call center is in the Caribbean so don't expect any help from "customer service". The ice maker with the fridge is a continual problem so we had to buy an $100 ice maker that now sits on our counter full time. These appliances have a high end price tag but are not high end!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

My wife and spend $12k on a new Dacor range/oven 15 years ago. The range works well, the LED lights on the gas knobs needed changed once in a while, the oven door wouldn’t close properly and the heat in the oven wasn’t distributed evenly. All that we could live with. Then the oven died. The repair technician ordered the part. Samsung don’t make it anymore. We are now left with no oven. So we have spent $800 a year on a Dacor range that now doesn’t work. Thanks Dacor… or Samsung?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Range worked great for 5 years then stopped working. Normal use 2-3 per week with regular scheduled maintenance. Oven stopped working, called for service and was informed they don't make the parts anymore, which is "typical" for Dacor according to several service techs. On a 5 year unit. Ridiculous. Will never buy Dacor again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Purchased this item as a Open box item from NFM and it was supposed to have a 1-year warranty on the unit, well I could not get a contractor to install the unit during the pandemic, so the warranty expired, 30-days ago. Apparently when the unit was handled the little ceramic ignitor was cracked and so the ignitor doesn't work. This is a $5300 unit. Never used. Just displayed, but still that's not the worst. When I reach out to DACOR, they don't give any care in the world to help me, to get me the right part number, to do anything. I reached out to the Supervisor, they just said sorry and told me that they couldn't find the part. THEY ARE THE MANUFACTURER!!! Then the service company, couldn't get the part from DACOR, so they cancelled both my calls (two different service companies).

Reliable Parts tried really hard to help me, still didn't get the right part. No one can get me an ignitor and the customer service people are and technicians are clueless. And then when I asked to escalate this mess, there was no one that they could send me to. I would never, ever, even if you paid me, buy another DACOR product. Stay Away from them and get a better product with actual customer relations/service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

We remodeled our kitchen in 2016. We chose Dacor 30” range. The gas oven has been a disaster. After less than a year, it wouldn’t heat. They replaced it, same problem. Replaced the igniter and valve, same problem. Now they will do nothing and say we’re on our own. Problems with hood and fridge too. Stay away from Dacor at all costs!

Dacor Appliances Company Information