1.70/5
Based on 314 reviews that contain star ratings

Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

405 Dacor Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I wish we had seen these reviews before we spent 6k on an oven and cooktop. Ordered cooktop and oven in November. Custom color over to match cabinets, still have not received oven (we're at the 8 week maximum wait time already). Cooktop appeared fine when we received, but when we went to install, noticed something rattling inside. Looking through vent, noticed several broken interior pieces moving around. Contacted Dacor 3 weeks ago for a replacement or repair, and still nothing. They made us go through dealer, and last week told dealer we refused service. Ridiculous! Now they are telling dealer they can't find a servicer nearby. Am considering declining payment through credit card company for their lack of follow through and service, and let them come get their unit.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We purchased the Dacor refrigerator on 11/19/2018. Wasn't delivered until 12/17/2018. Freezer failed on 1/15/2019, had a repair on 1/30/2019 and on 1/31/2019 the entire unit failed. Dacor customer service is awful. Product is awful.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The Dacor ‘duel fuel’ ranger was $5,500, We have propone, and Dacor’s set up is for natural gas, so all the pots and pans got lots of dark residual. I wrote and called them many times, to no avail. Terrible customer service. Then the F1 error keeps beeping, non-stop. What a piece of junk. Non-stop issues. No service whatsoever from the manufacturer.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We thought we bought a quality product when we remodeled our kitchen two years ago and put in a $3000 30 inch wall oven from Dacor through their dealer Friedman’s in Knoxville. We had heard for years that their products were top notch and high-quality. I find it interesting that the oven has a self-cleaning function. However Dacor Technical advised me that if you use the self-cleaning function you will create too much heat and destroy the motherboard. Wonderful input after the fact.

The oven now does not keep a correct temperature and we are advised that our oven is two years old and out of warranty and we should not have used the self clean function. Really? Why is the button even there. Do not under any circumstances purchase any Dacor product. I feel comfortable in saying Samsung will add absolutely nothing to the quality or service. The lack of customer care and concern is beyond reproach. One star rating is way too generous. How do you just walk away from your products. We used our clean function exactly once and nobody ever said it was a self destruct button.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

The Motherboard or Relay Board as shorted twice. Our serviceman works for Hawkins and Sons, Inc. where we bought it and they ordered our parts. They come in an "as is" recondition manner. After a call to Dacor regarding any warranty on the part, they stated there is none. Our only choice is to warn others not to buy Dacor products. Since Samsung bought out Dacor, you are lucky if they call you back. They called us back, but only stated they were sorry for any inconvenience. They didn't offer any reimbursement for the service or parts. Our out of pocket expense each time was $590.00.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

As I have read in most of the reviews, we have also experienced the control panel on our 30 inch dual range cracking over the years. We were told not to replace it because it would continue to happen. Ok, lived with that... Now something new has started to happen, the plastic handle on the oven door and surrounding area has started to melt. It got so bad after a self clean that it is collapsing. Now there isn’t much of a seal at all when the door closes. The stove isn’t brand new, but this has to be a fire hazard, and consequently, now the oven will not even turn on. I’ve reached out to Dacor with no response yet. I’m done with this company!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Updated on 11/29/2018: Further to my recent review of my Dacor wall oven, I went to a high-end appliance store yesterday to research replacements for my microwave, oven, warming drawer installation (so, yay, I get to spend $13,000-plus to replace items I have had for only eight years). I cannot verify the accuracy of this, but the salesman explained the problem. For a period of time, Dacor and Viking used the same third-party supplier for their relay boards. Unbeknownst to the companies, the supplier substituted a part that was later discovered to be defective. Unfortunately, all replacement relay boards contain this part, so the problem will recur repeatedly, as many on this site have discovered.

As bad as the cost of periodically replacing the board is, the unreliability of the oven is worse. As happened last time, mine works OK sometimes, burns everything other times, and struggles to get to the desired temperature other times. And because the behaviour is unpredictable, it cannot be reliably recreated when a repairman visits. I have had one email from Dacor and I responded with the information requested, then nothing. I suspect that they know they cannot fix the issue in a permanent way, so they're just hoping all of us with this defective part will just go away. It looks like newer models that look like mine are still available, but I refuse to pay $5,000 on the off-chance that it has a better relay board. I am looking at Miele replacements.

Original Review: I have had two Dacor wall oven, microwave, warming drawer installations. The first one was only a couple of years old when we moved, and I'd had to replace the microwave, but I put it down to a power surge in the house after an outage. I have now had the same set in my new house since 2010. I have had to replace the microwave again, but not because of a power surge. It just stopped working. The oven has been a complete nightmare. The probe broke and although I had it repaired, it never worked properly, but the worse problem is that I am about to have to replace the electronic board for the SECOND TIME.

When the problem occurs, the oven heats up to the setting but the element just stays on. I all but ruined an expensive cut of meat on the weekend – with company coming, no less – and just had to throw out a batch of muffins. I am considering tearing out the whole installation and getting another brand that doesn't destroy my food. It would probably be cheaper than having to fix the oven every year or two and replace the microwave periodically. These appliances are garbage.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I remodeled a kitchen in a high end house and so wanted nice appliances. I had KitchenAid (which I'd had a lot of issues with) for about 16 years. (Since I built the house - the fridge was rebuilt 3 times.) While looking for which appliances to use we were at an open house and a chef was cooking and giving a talk on the Dacor ovens in it. So... I reviewed a lot, liked what I read, and chose Dacor. I love them, the cook quality, the features, all of it. BUT my double oven had issues from the start. An annoyance at first with the built in Android but I didn't complain a lot. Move forward 1.5 years and the Android tablet built into it would freeze and not restart without throwing a jumper on fuse box.

I called Dacor and they gave me a number of options, disable the Android because of a known issue and get $500 back, or - return the oven for full credit and they'd pay to have it removed (1.5 years later... c'mon that's pretty awesome), or - pay $500 and move to the newest higher end model with steam cooking. Wow, talk about stand by your product! I've never seen this before with an appliance manufacturer/vendor. Certainly wasn't my experience with KitchenAid. Anyway I'm an advocate even though I had a problem and thought they deserved credit here.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I have a induction Dacor stovetop. It's stopped working and blinks an error code. Called customer service who didn't know what the code meant. I was told my model was 2015 which the rep said was "old." It was installed in 2017. All they would offer was cheaper replacement parts if I paid for someone to come and figure out what the problem was and install the parts. I was told the replacement parts were "not cheap though." I was told that because we're the second owner of the house they couldn't fix it under warranty (even though it should be covered under warranty) because they couldn't say how it was used before (commercially or residentially). Give me a break!

It gives me almost no confidence in getting this thing fixed. Warranty is a joke and customer service is terrible. So far I had to leave a voicemail for the reps next level who will call me back after the weekend. I'm waiting to see what (if anything) they will do but from the first rep. I don't have a lot of confidence in their products.

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2018

The company, Dacor, contacted me after i posted this review. I am pleased to say that they were prompt in fixing the issue. We couldn't be happier.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a new Induction CookTop on boxing day 2016. I received my permits to build my house so I started shopping around and purchasing appliances. Last week my home was finally built and ready to move into. My electrician hooked up the induction cooktop and 2 of the 5 burners do not work. Dacor told me that there is only a 1-year warranty on the item. I explained that it has zero hours on it and that it's brand new, I even offered to send photos of the kitchen, that still doesn't have a range hood fan or doors on the cabinets as of yet, to prove to them that it's a new home. They didn't want to see them and they want me to pay out of my own pocket to fix the appliance. I am appalled not only in regards to how I was treated but also to the fact that the cooktop doesn't work, out of the box. I will never buy another Dacor item and I will go out of my way to tell people about my experience.

Dacor Appliances Company Information