Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased all Dacor products. First Dishwasher went out, had purchased warranty. Came out 6 times to fix it, filed complaint with Better Business Bureau. Finally got dishwasher replaced with a Kitchen Aid. Thank God for the BBB. They help people. Then my stand alone range with 6 burners had one of the burners go bad, the appliance co. fixed it. Then the oven relay board went defective. Had to order part over $400.00, no warranty. Then wall oven Relay Board went out, 2016. Paid over $460.00.

Less than 12 months later relay board went out again. They said "Sorry, no warranty." Ordered part said it was $500.00 + to replace. The appliance repair tech ordered wrong relay board. They called me today and now said it's going to cost $650.00, no warranty. Do not buy Decor products. They are horrible. I feel I am being ripped off by Dacor and feeling untrusting of the Appliance Co. I may need to file another complaint with Better Business Bureau. Buyers beware!

We equipped a luxury kitchen with Dacor appliances. Had to replace the 60 inch dual fuel range after 8 years - use the same brand simply to match. Big mistake. Several repairs already. Also installed two under the counter warming drawers - nothing but problems and repair expense. Now we need a small $25 part - a cooling fan with motor that is faulty. Was informed the part is no longer available - customer service told me "well, it is 10 years old". Really? We now have to rebuild part of the kitchen cabinetry and spend several thousand to replace two warming drawers? They also said the company was too small to keep parts available for a long period of time. Unbelievable! I will never buy Dacor appliances again.

I purchased my 30" range and was so excited! Well no longer. First the wrong range was delivered. I had to wait another three weeks for the correct one. My oven can not cook at all. Temp fluctuates by 100 degrees. Going on my third service call and still not working. It very unfair, I have to take time off work to wait for repair person, then nothing is fixed. I wish I could return this lemon. But after reading other reviews I am not alone. Why is this company not accountable for ripping hard working people off. I love cooking. It's my passion. My Kenmore Elite was half the price and far more superior.

We did a total kitchen remodel and purchased Dacor appliances. Big mistake. Had to spend 500 on refrigerator repair (model EF36BNDFSS). Oven is off 25 degrees on temperature. The glass top for burners was defective. Would never purchase Dacor. Microwave front trim keeps coming off as well.

After less than a year after installation the oven continues to operate poorly. It's been recalibrate twice and a new control board installed. Did I mention the board had burned components? It still does not operate properly. It's at least 25 degrees off. Everything takes way longer to cook than it should. Thanksgiving was 2 hours late. Christmas was the same. Entertaining during the holidays, embarrassing. Now Dacor wants pictures to prove to truly see how poorly the oven is operating. I thought I bought a quality product but I was wrong. This is just following suit with the Dacor refrigerator I purchased and was replace months later.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Our 30in Dacor double ovens are approximately 12 years old. I feel they operate adequately. However, not better than our much lower end appliances we previously owned. My main complaint is the self cleaning function. My old oven's self cleaning worked much better! With our Dacor ovens one must take out the racks and clean them by hand. This is very difficult and time consuming. I used the 3 hr option to clean my oven that was moderately dirty, mainly from cooking a prime rib over the holidays. After the 3 hr cleaning the oven was still very dirty with splatters and grease. I'm now cleaning my oven again with a second 3 hr cleaning cycle. I know at the end of this second cycle I will need to do a lot more cleaning by hand! I hope Dacor has improved their inadequate self cleaning feature. If it hasn't been improved, I really can't recommend Dacor ovens.

My wife and I purchased an expensive Dacor Outdoor Grill for our outdoor kitchen in our new home we constructed 5 years ago. It has been a piece of junk from day one. For 5 years the igniter for two of the burners "clicks" non-stop the entire time the grill is turned on. We have made countless calls to fix the issue, but not one Dacor endorsed technician can fix the problem.

Finally, last night (February 6, 2017) the stupid grill exploded and died a fitting death. Soot was sprayed over everything in the area, black nasty junk oozed out the side of the grill and the control knobs were blown off the grill. I could not turn off the searing burner even using pliers. I finally had to turn off the main valve controlling the natural gas that fed the grill. I will never, ever buy a high-end grill again! I failed to mention that after only 3 years many of the internal parts were extremely corroded, even though the grill sits under a roof and is protected from the elements. Save your money and go with a much less expensive brand.

Purchased Dacor Renaissance wall oven in July 2015, Model RNO130S. After less than a year and a half, the cooking temperature began to fail. For instance, set to bake at 425 degrees, the oven would appear to heat properly, but tried and true recipes would be pasty and uncooked at the expected time. I inserted an oven thermometer inside to test and found an erratic pattern of oven heating up properly to 425 but then sometimes dropping back to about 350 during cook time and refusing to ever reach 425 again. ABT repairman adjusted temperature calibration but refused to troubleshoot any further. Just ruined another dinner. Thanks Dacor and ABT for your unreliable product and poor service.

I called customer service to ask general directions on how to remove the top of my oven range. The person answering the phone (01/23/2017 at 4:25 PM) would not let me talk to anyone in service. I asked him why, and are you ready for this? He said we can't talk to customer service for our own "security".. No kidding. The idiot went on to try and tell me it was for my protection! After arguing further, I asked him to again connect me with a technician. He puts me on hold and comes back and says "The technician said to call a service provider" - unbelievable. I will NEVER buy a DACOR product again! What morons think they can sustain a business with this approach to service!

I purchased my Dacor Distinctive #DT0127 wall oven in 2015 and have been very pleased with the product to date. However after running a self-clean cycle the oven does not work which was a surprise given the fact that I had previously done self-cleans before without any problems. I immediately contacted Dacor customer service who were amazing! The CSR that I spoke with kindly extended my warranty until 2018 even though I had not registered my oven with them upon purchasing it. He also arranged a service call for me that would be covered under the extended warranty. I am very impressed with the company's attention to service as I really love my oven. Even though I experienced this issue I would still recommend this product.

I purchased a DACOR Discovery IQ Range one year ago Model # DYRP36DS/NG from an online authorized DACOR retailer. Here is a synopsis of the events I've had with the range over the past 12 months: I took delivery of the Range in January of 2016 at my home under construction. I moved into the home in April 2016 which is when the Range was fist installed. In May I began to have problems with the unit, it would shut down during preheating, then reboot itself, sometimes it would just reboot itself randomly. I called DACOR customer support who told me that I needed to download the latest software version, which I did. Shortly thereafter, the Range again would shut down during cooking and go into a reboot cycle.

I called DACOR again, they sent out a local service company. In June the technician came out and upgraded and re-installed the software. The problem continued, I contacted DACOR AGAIN, got the run around, etc... Escalated the problem. DACOR then determined the problem was in the internal circuit board which they arranged to shipped to local service company. The service company came out again, replaced the internal circuit board and attempted to upgrade the eProm, which didn't work. The Range was in a constant state of rebooting itself over and over and over again. The Technician left. Said nothing more he could do. I had to shut the power off so the unit would stop rebooting itself.

I called DACOR AGAIN, I got a complete run around, they refused to do anything more. I finally was able to reach the V.P. of Customer Service. After a few conversations and investigation into the issues. She determined that the unit needed a new front controller panel. The panel was shipped to the local service company. The service company came out again and replaced the front controller panel. It's now November. Over Christmas, the unit began to shut off the oven randomly during cooking cycles, for no apparent reason. Over New Years, the oven was shutting off, flashing an error code and reboot! I called DACOR last week. They refuse to help because now it is "out of warranty".

I've contacted the online retailer. I've left messages at DACOR for the Service Manager and the V.P. of Service. NO RESPONSE. So this is how DACOR deals with servicing their "high end" appliances, keep trying to pretend to fix the lemon appliance until the anniversary date, and then they don't have to deal with their $9,000 piece of garbage "high end" range any longer. The consumer gets screwed and DACOR doesn't care in the least! DO NOT BUY an appliance from DACOR.

Our new ranch has three Dacor microwaves, only one of which has had a few months of use. The others have very limited use. To this point we've not had problems, but given the opportunity to redo the purchases we'd go with a popular brand, i.e., LG, GE, Panasonic. They are more flexible, parts are available, and all three combined would probably cost less than one of these. In fairness, I personally feel the same about our other high end appliances, Wolf, Viking, Sub-Zero and Asko. None beats our former appliances. Maybe it's just about show.

We remodeled our kitchen and decided to use the range as the focal point of the room. The decision to go with a Dacor ER36DSCH dual fuel range over comparable Wolf and Viking models as well as a Dacor heating drawer was made, a decision I have regretted since. Our unit keeps blowing the baking element ($200) which routinely fails at the most inopportune times.

To date I have replaced four and the Mrs. recently informed me that the oven is once again not heating properly. Thankfully, I am competent enough to diagnosis and repair it myself and did a thorough operational inspection and cleaning which revealed the broil element ($180) had also gone bad this time. My wife "hates" this oven and unfortunately it sits right smack in the middle of our beautiful kitchen to remind us of the bad decision we made. In fact, we are now at the point where we are considering replacing it and sending it to a scrap yard where it belongs. Avoid this brand or it will cost you.

Do not buy a Dacor appliance unless you're okay with replacing parts for the oven in less than 2 years. The control electronic part was replace then less than a year later the user interface had to be replaced. Less than a year after the user interface was replaced, the oven completely stopped working. After calling the same repair guy to come fix it, they informed me that the company no longer sells the control interface. When I called the company, the only options they gave me were to send the part to a third party refurbish company and have them fix it. That means I would have to call the service repair company for the FOURTH time to have them remove the part, I would need to send it away to get fixed and call them back to put it back in.

Dacor didn't even offer to pay for any of this. The customer service rep offered to give me a discount on a new unit. Are you kidding me?!? Please do yourself a favor and don't buy anything from this company. They don't back up their products and it's clear they don't care about their reputation. It's a waste of money to be spend on "high end" appliances that are poorly made. Spend less from a different company that's been around for a long time. At least if a part goes, you'll have reassurance they will have that part handy. A terrible company. I hope they go belly up soon so they can stop selling overly priced kitchen appliances to people.

If anyone else has this experience with Dacor ovens, we need to have a class action suit against Dacor! While baking Christmas cookies this week with my grandchildren, my ovens stopped working and started beeping. The error code was F3. I was able to get a technician rather quickly who diagnosed the problem as a failure of the control board which affected both ovens. The replacement part was discontinued from production in 2011. My ovens are 12 years old and cost over $4,000 at the time. What a pickle I was in a week before family coming for Christmas dinner!

The technician said my only recourse was to send the control board to a refurbisher and he did not know when the board would be fixed - all for a whopping costs of over $600.00! I find it unacceptable that Dacor discontinues a control board and forces the consumer to either buy new ovens or pay the cost of a refurbished part that I hope will work. After spending thousands of dollars, how does this happen? What can be done so the consumers who purchase appliances with good intentions are protected from manufacturers that don't stand behind their products? DACOR I NEED ANSWERS!!

Worst oven I've ever purchased by far. Pay big bucks and get junk. About 2 times per month, the oven will not heat up. I can't count the amount of wasted food and dinners out, because it does not seem to ignite, only warm up to about 100 degrees. I contact the appliance repair company and it works when they come out, so they don't do anything. I will never, ever buy another appliance from this brand.

Oven Temperature - Bake max's out at 350 degrees. No matter what I set the temperature at, it will not get hotter than that. Local appliance repair says "they all do that, we can fix it for $240.00." Great, then why did I pay a premium for an inferior product.

This is the second time I have purchased these appliances and unfortunately each one has been a great disappointment. I have spent enough in repair bills to almost purchase a warming drawer. Each one shuts down when the "self clean" button is turned on, and then I have to call a repairman out to recalibrate the oven to work each time I try to use the "self clean". I was told by the last repairman that the life of the oven is greatly shortened if you the "self clean" mode. If this is the case, either fix it or take out this mode.

After I had the oven about a year the oven door glass blew out, and this had to be replaced. The temperature in the oven is very unreliable in different areas of the oven and browns more on one side than the other... For the high end cost of these ovens, I would just as soon have a basic oven that works and does not go out every few months. What a waste of money I consider Dacor to be, and will never recommend it to anyone I know. I am in the "personal shopping" business and have my own company, but will tell my clients to be very aware of the high cost/low performance of Dacor products... On a scale of 1 to 10, Dacor gets a "1".

Dacor double oven range turns off by itself while baking - Disappointed in Dacor, especially today. Thanksgiving 2016: baking turkey. Sill baking turkey. I don't know when the oven decided to switch off this time, but I have an uncooked turkey and guests waiting. The oven has done this before, but because it was new I thought it was user error. Nope, the damn oven mysteriously turns off on its own. Incredibly irritated with Dacor. The range hood we also purchased is a joke. We remodeled our kitchen 1 year ago and wanted quality appliances. Bad move. Save your money, folks. Save your money.

UPDATED ON 03/10/2017: Dacor sent a company out to fix the broken new oven. Oven still cannot hold its temperature (It takes FOREVER to heat then loses its heat while still showing a high temp). This time I have a recording on what happens when the oven automatically switches off. Disappointing when we spent nearly $10,000 in Dacor appliances for a kitchen remodel. DACOR, please have a rep contact me!!! Still waiting to hear back!!!

We purchased a Dacor built-in refrigerator in 2011. After just 5 years the warning beeper came on. We learned that the main control panel - built by Whirlpool - was defective. We then learned that Dacor did not have any replacement part for this model. Our only alternative was the purchase a new refrigerator. Amazing!! Dacor reluctantly gave us a partial credit for a new (KitchenAid) model. However at the end of the day we are out of pocket over $2000 because Dacor built and sold a defective refrigerator with no ability to fix the problem. Very unsatisfactory handling of this situation.

I purchased a Dacor Renaissance range for our new home. What a waste of money. Though I have not had any major problems with the performance of the range yet, besides uneven baking, the design is not user-friendly. To begin with, the gas burners share a grate. So when cleaning, you have to remove the whole grate on one side. The controls for the burners & griddle are very hard to see & I have to bend over to see which burner I'm turning on. The oven racks are a joke. The two glide racks are very bulky with sharp edges. It is difficult to change the heights or to remove them for cleaning purposes. Though there are three racks included, it is impossible to bake with all three in the oven.

I have a GE Monogram that I had purchased two years ago for another home, and I love it The Renaissance & Monogram are similar in price, but I unfortunately, listened to the sales person & let them talk me into the Renaissance. I realized my mistake in buying a Dacor immediately & contacted the appliance store. Even though the Renaissance had not been used, they would only give me a token amount of money towards trading it in for a Monogram. So, I am stuck with a range that causes me to swear under my breath every time I use it. Dacor could learn a lot from GE.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Decor responded to this posting and has provided a repair part to resolve the issue. They have been quite reasonable and their customer care is to be commended. Thank you, Dacor.

Jeffrey of Avon, CO on

Original Review

I have had multiple Dacor appliances. 4 sets of warming drawers, double wall oven, single wall oven, cooktop. My double wall oven failed at 8 years and needed replacement control board and membrane keypad, an expensive repair. 2 of the 4 warming drawers failed and needed control replacement. The double oven then had repeated control board failure so we decided to replace it with an updated model some 3 plus years ago. Being clean freaks, we did not really soil the ovens so we never had need to use the self cleaning feature. Guests were not so careful so we went to use the self clean feature today and it did not work. A service call revealed the need for replacement control board. How can I be so unlucky as to have repeated control board failures in 2 different Dacor ovens? I am frustrated and believe Dacor should stand behind this product which is just beyond warranty.

I bought my Dacor epicure 36 duel fuel range in 1998. First stove: oven door did not close, spark modulator out. They tried to fix it but failed. They sent me a new stove. #2 stove: same problem with spark modulator. Couldn't use any burner without the constant clicking. Oven didn't bake evenly. Complained. Stove: #3: same problems. Dacor sent me a letter to grade them on their stoves and service. I blasted them. They called me and ask if I wanted my money back or another stove. Stupidly I took the stove. This was 5 years since the original purchase. I've had this stove #4 for 13 years. Door is and always has been unable to close. I use a stick to close it. Now the relay board is out. Frankly I so love the looks of the stove and I can't afford to get a new one. Original was 5200. Now they are 6700 and I would probably have the same problems. So I am going to try and fix this stove myself.

I will never buy Dacor anything ever again, even if I could afford it. When they offer your money back, take it. The service was responsive although didn't solve the problem through 4 stoves. I would gather from that, the design is bad. My mother has a old 1940 gas stove that still works. Gas stoves should not be that complicated.

Oh how I wish I never bought a Dacor! It has been nothing but problems. I figured I bought a lemon but after reading other reviews it's just not a good product with not very good customer service either. I have had repairs every year, and even after repairs it still isn't functioning as it should. The first problem I had was the whole glass window blew out during baking, which seems to me is a huge liability. The company said that shouldn't happen but is out of warranty and would give me a discount on the glass.

I thought that was better than nothing but then 6 months later the relay went out, then baking temps were all over the place in the oven so they said I needed a new motherboard and they said both ovens needed it. So those were repaired. Oh ya and the light in the bigger oven hasn't worked past the first year even after having the light changed and some electrical stuff done on it. Then I had the bulbs changed due to irregular oven temps. The temps are still all over the place to this day.

The back right corner gets too dark. The front left doesn't brown and is a lower temp. Now I'm having problems with the oven turning off during baking and when using broil in the small oven it causes the large oven's probe alarm to go on and offer at least for an hour. Dacor didn't help me with anything past the glass and it's only been 7 months since the new motherboards were put in. I can't afford to buy a new oven at this time and so I only use the small oven mainly since the larger has so many problems. Do yourself a favor and never buy a Dacor!

Don't waste your $$ move on to another MFG. I have owned this dishwasher for some time it never worked anywhere near what I paid for it. The glides fell out of the racks. It never finishes a cycle. I have spent $350 for repairs three times and it is still way less than satisfactory. Move on, try a Maytag, Bosch or Miele. Also parts are astronomical and you will need them. If you are thinking about buying this brand google it and read on. We all have the same opinion of the Dacor Dishwasher thumbs down.

We were incredibly disappointed, not only with the range but with the customer service from Dacor. We purchased this range in January 2016 and here we are in July with what is basically a pan holder sitting uselessly in our kitchen. Problems started immediately. The first time I used the oven, it locked with the cooking food inside. It turned out that the thermostats on both ovens were so out of whack that the oven temperature reached "self-cleaning mode" levels so the ovens locked with the food inside! We had both thermostats replaced twice and still had the same problem. Eventually, the thermostats were calibrated, but still "within a range." In addition, the switch for the convection oven just stopped working. After 6 months of trying to deal with this problem, we will be returning the range and replacing it with a different brand. At no point did Dacor offer to exchange the range, they simply kept sending a repair person.

We are in the process of remodeling our house including an entire new kitchen that we can't wait to finish to invite people over and show. HOWEVER, the cook top already has a light burned and finally the cover of it ended up falling as I was wiping down the stove (very softly by the way because I like to treat my appliances really nice). We have had this stove for less than a year I haven't even made the last payment and it is already with a light burned out. REALLY? My husband spent countless hours researching the best appliances and decided to get this one and to come to find out that it is not good it is a complete disappointment. I am sooo upset. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND!!! Save yourself the hassle that we are now going to go through trying to get a hold of someone on the phone and see what they will do if anything. I bought it from AJ Madison.

We have a 2 year old 36 inch, Model EF361WF refrigerator. Water began pooling at the base every 2-3 days. Called Dacor Customer Service Team. Pitiful response and horrible customer service. Had to call private technician who was very surprised that a so-called higher end appliance was not factory-fitted with a P trap. He sees the problem often with cheaper models. Dacor has let us down twice. Buyer beware: sub-standard products matched with sub-standard customer service. Dacor will never get our business again and we would recommend all potential purchasers to consider other brands.

We spent close to 30K in Dacor appliances and have been paying for repairs almost yearly. Most recently last year around March 2015 we spent $1800.00 in repairs for the refrigerator. It is a long weekend and we planned a family BBQ and had to throw away all my marinated meats and salads. This is unacceptable. When you spend thousands of dollars in appliances you don't expect to have these types of problems. DO NOT BUY DACOR APPLIANCES. IT IS A RIPOFF.

We remodeled our kitchen because my wife is a chef. So we thought a full suite of Dacor products was just what she needed. What a mistake! Our $6000 36-inch dual-fuel range had problems from the start. We had to replace the control panel, heating element, convection fan, and door seal. Finally, the liner split and the range became unrepairable. We made the mistake of purchasing a simpler, gas-only range because Dacor offered a modest discount. This $7000 range lasted four months before a failure in the wiring harness made it unrepairable!! We bought a Miele replacement. We have had performance issues with our Dacor warming drawer and microwave. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING DACOR!!!

Dacor Appliances Company Profile