2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Dacor Appliances

Dacor Appliances
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Dacor Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 19, 2021

We purchased a home with a 5 year old Dacor Discovery IQ Double Wall Oven. Model Number DYO230S. Great looking and it has a very sophisticated and functionally rich digital control system. Problem is the digital control system does not work. The stove has a mind of its own and will just shut off for 24 to 48 hours and return to function randomly. Shutting the power off and turning it back on has no effect.

Dacor (Now Samsung) has been completely un-helpful. Bottom line response - tough. Product is no longer produced, replacement parts no longer in stock - "maybe there is a part on eBay" ** Honest that is the answer. I have called parts companies who also complain about Dacor (now Samsung). No luck. So we will now need to purchase a replacement product for anywhere from 4,000 to 10,000 dollars. To replace a 5 year old - 8,000 product. It will definitely not be a Dacor or Samsung product. And I will do my best to put similar reviews on the internet where ever I can.

Just to add some balance - 21 years ago we custom built a home and purchased two Dacor ovens. Both were great. 21 years of flawless operation. When we saw this oven as we went through the home purchase process we were delighted. What a disappointment. Also - before the oven started to go wacky on us we needed to replace the bulbs (2) in the oven light fixture. Initially I contacted Dacor parts and had a very pleasant experience ordering the two replacements. However nothing came to our home. Called again and found that Dacor had been sold to Samsung and the price of the bulbs had doubled or more. No exaggeration. Stay away from Dacor and Samsung.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 15, 2021

Purchased a house with Dacor 2 Built in 30"refrigerators that suppose to be under additional 1 year warranty after 2 year initial warranty expires, Both units were registered online and still showing being under warranty and the company refuse to take care of the issue. This is not how you treat customers and it tells that it does not matter if you buy $8000 refrigerator, you as a customer does not really matter. I am in the process of building another house right now and I was considering spending over $40,000 on Dacor appliances and that will definitely not happen since the company refuses to honor the warranty that is still active over broken door spring. What a shame!

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 13, 2021

I purchased the Dacor panel ready refrigerator and freezer column 15 months ago. The refrigerator stopped cooling -- in 15 months! These were 8k each!!! It had now been over 2 months without a working refrigerator and no end in sight. I will never ever purchase one of their products again! They replaced the compressor and 3 days later it stopped cooling again. What a joke! DO NOT BUY DACOR!

Original review: April 6, 2021

Our Dacor stove is the worst stove I have ever owned or lived with in my 50+ years. Within 2 years after we bought it, the oven had stopped working twice and 2 of the 4 knobs broke. (I've never had a knob break on any stove before.) Luckily an appliance repair person (not specific to Dacor) was able to get the oven working both times but told us replacement knobs were not available. We have tried generics but nothing fits. I have been juggling 2 knobs on 4 burners for more than 3 years now, and STILL Dacor has no replacements available. Six months ago we inquired again and were told they had a new model of knobs available that would fit, but we ordered them and they were on back order and never became available. Meanwhile Dacor had already processed our payment for them (which is illegal, I believe) so we had to deal with getting that refunded because our hope of the knobs ever being in stock was gone.

This is also the loudest electric oven I've ever owned. It sounds like convection is on every time you use it, whether or not it's actually set on convection. That lasts for 20 minutes after you turn off the oven, too. Also, periodically the stove emits a loud BEEP and resets its computer for no apparent reason, sometimes when I'm cooking (oh, you had a timer going? TOO BAD - who knows when it will be ready now!) and sometimes when the stove isn't even on at all (just thought you might like to reset the clock - AGAIN).

Furthermore, the oven door has a "special" design with an open space at the base that allows dog hair to get sucked in from under the stove and collect between the 2 layers of glass. So we get to view our food through dirty HAIR. Apparently that's why the oven is so loud, because it takes a lot to suck up all that hair from under the stove. This can be cleaned, but you have to remove the door to get to it, which is not easy - I can't do it myself. It's so embarrassing when we have people over for dinner; I just hope nobody notices the hairball in the oven door. After reading through the other Dacor reviews I consider myself lucky to be able to cook at all. Buyer beware, don't EVER buy anything from this brand. It's total (expensive) crap and customer service is nonexistent.

Original review: March 31, 2021

After 4 months our microwave exploded when we tried to bake 2 potatoes. Dacor has reviewed the situation and acknowledged the product was defective. 10 weeks later they keep saying the replacement is on the way but no one knows where it is. Don't buy dacor products.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Have had an on-going issue trying to replace an oven door....since early December 2020. Have gotten a continuous run around regarding status of new door and shipment of same. Friendly Customer Service Reps do nothing to solve this issue. The oven door is designed not to be repairable or user friendly. Poor support and steady excuses have created another DIS-SATISFIED CUSTOMER!! AVOID DACOR!!

Original review: March 11, 2021

Got a great online deal on Dacor LP gas range. Was new but had dinged side panel according to store. Couldn't see the ding in photos and it would be hidden against cabinets anyway. Range is finally delivered and is new as advertised. Works great for a few days but then the oven won't hold temperature and then won't light. This is when the nightmare begins. Samsung now owns Dacor and getting to the right people to make a warranty claim is insanely difficult. After making the repair claim we get notified that there is no warranty coverage for service as this was not a "new" unit. Pardon me but we have the sales receipt showing that it is with full factory warranty. They finally agree to "accommodate" us and then repeatedly cancel repair tickets. After many calls to fix this, they now tell us that no service center will come to repair the range! They offered a refund minus some sort of discount based on a stove being used for a period of time.

Oven stopped working a week into having it and they want to DISCOUNT a refund! Made BBB complaint and their response was they would have someone reach out to the customer. Today they did that and we are still at no resolution. Told them they have 3 options, fix the range, replace the range or refund us completely and I will make arrangements to fix the oven. They say there are no ranges in inventory to replace this one with with. No one inside the US will call or reach out to fix this fiasco and we are left with someone that is not allowed to make decisions that speaks english as a second language. Sad thing is that it's a basic range that at first seemed to be a great design and would be great to have in our kitchen. It's now endless headaches because Dacor refuses to step up and remedy a defective oven part with a service call from someone that would require likely higher pay than their "network" providers.

Original review: March 7, 2021

We purchased a Dacor 30" Heritage Gas range and installed it in early Oct 2020. Within a day a gas leak from the back of the range was identified by our gas contractor. Dacor repaired it quickly (12 hours). I was impressed (though concerned it already had an issue). In December 2020 I noticed that the oven indicator light was not coming on. I contacted customer service and despite indicating that there was a problem, was simply told what the light was for. Then, in February 2021 (under 5 months after installation) the oven stopped working. The service technician indicated it was an electrical issue and the gas would not ignite. It has now been over two weeks and we still do not have it repaired nor any indication of when it will be repaired. We spent $5200 on this range. I do not recommend Dacor.

Original review: March 1, 2021

We purchased a Dacor dual fuel oven range in 2008 in conjunction with an extensive kitchen remodel. It was beautiful and expensive. It has had innumerable problems. 2008: One of the igniters broke requiring replacement. 2014: oven stopped working, required new relay board. June 2020: Relay board again broke, oven stopped working. December 2020: Oven stopped working, heating element broke. These were serious problems each resulting in 1-2 months without an oven as the parts had to be special ordered. We have not had an oven since December 2020 (it is now March 2021).

We are waiting for a replacement part. In addition, minor problems included a broken indicator light and burner grating. Dacor customer service was only moderately helpful, referring us to local repair companies that had difficulty obtaining parts. Dacor has told us that this should last decades but we are seriously considering replacing it after 12 years because it is very unreliable. I would not recommend a Dacor based on our experience.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Years ago I purchased the Dacor Double Oven over a Thermador because the Thermador had a ridiculously long pre-heat time. The Dacor has performed reasonably well as a oven particularly in convection-bake mode. But over time, components started failing and repair parts were hard to find, unavailable or ridiculously overpriced. I am an an engineer with DIY skills honed from years working with high tech food manufacturing equipment and controls including ovens. In recent years, I have needed to replace a relay board, the main control board, hinges two times, and most recently the hinge receptacles. I have also replaced an inner panel on a door assembly. Just think what such repairs would have cost for an average consumer.

I understand the parts can fail, but Dacor has shown little regard for consumers in my opinion. They have done very little to maintain an inventory of repair parts. Basically their message is that the part is now obsolete and unavailable. That's some answer when the price of a new double oven is multiple thousands. Recently, the hinges on my upper oven failed again. As they failed, their failure caused increased wear on the hinge receptacles. Soon the receptacles failed as well. I was able to find hinges at a ridiculously high price but the receptacles were unavailable anywhere. I contacted a several parts suppliers who told me that they had no idea when the parts would be available. Moreover at least two of the suppliers mentioned that they had a backlog of orders for the receptacles - one had a backlog of over thirty. Yikes!.

At that point I contacted Dacor customer service and asked what could I do to get the part. Answer: The part is unavailable and we have no estimate on when it will be available. I tried to escalate my request and got nowhere. Finally after many hours of online searching, I found one set of the hinge receptacles at a price 4X last year's price. Lastly as I replaced the receptacles today, I realized that the mounting screws only hold one portion of the U shaped mount. If the screws were longer, the receptacle would be less prone to twisting and wear. Be aware that Dacor was sold to Samsung a few years back. Based on my experience, I could never recommend Dacor. Caveat Emptor!

Dacor Appliances Company Information