1.70/5
Based on 309 reviews that contain star ratings

Dacor Appliances

Dacor is the innovator of the most stylish premium American-made kitchen appliances that provide a luxury ownership experience for those who are passionate about the details of gourmet cooking. Since its inception in 1965, Dacor has been owned and run by three generations of the Joseph family. Originally named Distinctive Appliances Incorporated, the company is responsible for many industry firsts, including the 30” self-cleaning Pure Convection™ wall oven, a drop-in cooktop with continuous grates, an outdoor grill with halogen lights and the first professional dual-fuel range with sealed burners. Today, Dacor utilizes the expertise and heritage of a third generation, family-owned company to provide exquisitely designed luxury appliances.

Dacor was established on the principles of innovation, style, performance and craftsmanship. The company manufactures three luxury product series – the innovative Discovery™ Series, the intelligent Renaissance® Series and the essential Distinctive™ Series – to fit the needs of discerning home chefs. Dacor is committed to reducing the energy demands of its operations, maximizing the efficiency of its products and implementing environmentally sustainable business practices.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

400 Dacor Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have been trying for 4 weeks to get a very tiny plastic part for my Dacor Renaissance Dishwasher. The unit is 3 1/2 years old and a the small wheel that allows the top shelf to roll out broke off on one side. I have called 3 times and been told it would immediately been sent out to me. It never comes. Every time they tell me that they have the part and don't know why it hasn't been sent but they will overnight it. The last call was last Wednesday and it still did not come. I would never buy an appliance from they again, It is ridiculous.

Original review: June 3, 2018

My Dacor Double oven is less than 5 years old. Lately, the broil function has stopped working well on both ovens. I contacted the ONLY authorized Dacor repair center - Home Appliance Repair GTA (HARGTA) and told them my broiler wasn't working well. Their repair technician came to my house, took both double oven doors off in order to give me the assessment – that my upper broil function was not working well. In fact, both upper and lower do not work well but that's a side issue. In the process, the technician broke or did not properly reinstall my double oven door. I called and he returned and again, removed BOTH oven doors.

Now, my upper door is working well but my lower door has no hinge and falls hard and heavy. This is extremely dangerous. I have left multiple messages with HARGTA and they are not getting back to me. I've even contacted DACOR which is only in the US and they haven't gotten back to me either. I purchased a Dacor oven to get a quality appliance and excellent after care service. It appears that both the appliance and the aftercare service do not live up to their reputations. P.S. The quote to repair 1 broiler is $750 after less than 5 years of use. That will equal 1/4 of the oven cost in less than 5 years.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 24, 2018

Motherboard on my favor wall oven has been replaced twice. Repairman said not use the self-cleaning feature as that will cause too high of heat and melt the components. Seriously, Dacor? We spend this kind of money and have these type of repair issues constantly. Just glad I finally was told what might help resolve this - I’m ready for a new oven because of all these problems.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We custom built our home in 2008 and installed Dacor Wall Oven/Microwave/Cooktop/Warming Drawer. We have had several issues with the warming drawer(MW030S). This is the second time we are having to replace the thermostat. Unfortunately, Dacor does not make or sell the part anymore (Part# 62734 Temperature control thermostat). 10 years is no time for a quality appliance and to not have any way to repair the unit is beyond unacceptable. At least provide a solution so that customers can continue to use and hopefully not ruin a high end appliance experience.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Bought Dacor glass cooktop brand new out of box 9/2015 for $2399. Plus tax and delivery. It was installed in 1/2016 in our new home. It is 5 burners, 2 burners will not work anymore. Called them about getting it fixed, its 1 out of 3 electric board out. To fix will be almost $1000.00 once it is all fixed and only 1 year on fixed board only. They will not stand behind their product at all! All other brands that my family has for glass cooktops have lasted over 15 years! This Dacor not even 3 years!! Bad service and does not stand behind their product! I will never purchase another Dacor product again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dacor?

Original review: March 18, 2018

Purchased home with installed Dacor double oven. Oven wouldn't reach set temperature, so replaced control board. Doable, but a real hassle to remove oven from wall opening and label, disconnect, and reconnect 20-something wires. Two years later, the clock cannot take the correct time and oven timers do not work. Only fix: replacing the $300 control board again. I cannot recommend that anyone purchase these appliances as the control boards simply do not work for more than a couple of years.

Resolution response: April 1, 2018

I am very, very pleased to report that I was contacted by Dacor a day after I posted my review which addressed a second failed relay board in 7 years. A really helpful Customer Service Representative called me (not emailed) to discuss the issue in great detail. Within a matter of days, a local repair service had received the new part from Dacor and scheduled an appointment with me to come out and replace the defective part. Dacor covered both the part and the labor. I'm really sorry that the oven needed a second major repair but I will say that I'm impressed with Dacor's resolution of this issue!

Original review: March 5, 2018

Second big replacement part in 7 years. We built our house and moved in March 2011. Within a few months we needed this same repair but fortunately the board was covered under warranty. Labor was not. We're now getting the message 'relay board' and persistent beeping on the display panel. We cut the circuit breaker to the oven before we went out of town. Came back and turned the circuit breaker back on and the oven will operate, although we're getting the same message. Haven't yet called the store where we bought it or tried to find someone to fix it. This was a really expensive item and I'm very disappointed that yet again we need to find someone to take care of what will surely be a costly repair not covered under warranty this time. Wouldn't recommend this product.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I've had the 27 inch double wall oven for 10 yrs. When I purchased them they were 6000 dollars. With 3 years I started having a problem with the motherboard. It has been replaced 3 or 4 times. I've lost count. The last time they said it was fixed for sure. Well today the same issue is occurring. I'm done! Never buying another Dacor product again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I have the same problem Judy had last week. I have a 36 inch under counter oven. I use it all the time. I have had it for about 10yrs. In the last year the computer has been replaced 3 time. The first time it cost me $600.00. 6wks later it was replaced for free. Now the oven is having the same problem. I hope Dacor makes me as happy as Judy.

Resolution response: Feb. 15, 2018

Dacor contacted me within twenty four hours of my posting. Representative resolved with first telephone contact. Very pleased with Dacor’s resolution process.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

This is the first time I've ever posted anything to a site. We installed two Dacor ovens in 1998. One is a 36" under my cooktop. Other is a 30" on different wall. First, the 30" oven has been used maybe thirty times. Last month I realized I had never used the convection or cleaning processes. The convection feature worked fine. To my surprise and dismay the cleaning feature would not work. Problem being the door lock and motor need to be replaced. The repair is eight hundred dollars. This is due to the fact the parts are difficult to find. Second problem is the 36" oven has had the computer replaced twice. Each time was five hundred dollars. Same problem being finding parts. Their Quality Control is beyond abysmal. There is no way that I can afford to spend eight hundred dollars for a repair. Especially for an oven used for thirty or less times.

Dacor Appliances Company Information