ClosetMaid

Compare Closet Organizers

Research top Closet Organizers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I enjoyed customizing it. It was easy to customize with my taste. I recommend customizing it to fit your closet and space correctly. I loved all the bins and places to put stuff. Very easy to set up. I enjoyed reading the instructions. My instructions include pics to show you what to do. The price for this was awesome. I got in on calacence at a local store and it was great price. I would pay full price for this product. I have bought 2 since then. I have had it for 2 years now. I have also bought 2 more. It last for awhile and they always look brand new even though they are not. I am sure they will last at least 5 or 10 years.

ClosetMaid shelving offers a lot of different ways to customize my closet organization. My husband who has very little handiwork experience did an excellent job installing them in all of our closets. These have been extremely high quality and were very easy to install for my husband who has very little handiwork experience. We have been very pleased with how long these have lasted for us. These weren't the cheapest shelving at the store, but not the most expensive either. My husband had gotten recommendations to use ClosetMaid from a friend who does construction and we have been highly impressed with them. We purchased our Closet Maid shelving when we bought our home 10 years ago and they are still working and looking just like new! I would highly recommend Closet Maid products to any of our friends.

The features available allowed me to choose and select what I wanted my organizer to look like and be used for. Adaptable to various types of closets and many uses that each person wants. The organizer was easier and quick to install. Was able to do it myself. Directions were easy to understand, fast, and easy installation with no issues. I felt the price of the organizer was fair and equal to its value. The organizer serves the intends purpose well and was worth what was paid for it. It is a good investment for time money and space. The organizer has been durable and worth the time and effort paid for it. Would gladly purchase again. Accomplished what I intended it to do saving me additional aggravation for other choices.

I am not familiar with their customization options... I assume you mean ways you can change the closet with shelves and other options for adjustability. These options are abundant in this product and I will continue to buy this product because of such options. Installation was simple and seamless. It was easier than I had anticipated. I would recommend it to a friend or family member. I followed the directions and it worked well. I found the price a little high but you are paying for the name brand and quality. I feel the price is competitive and similar to others in the market. Product is built well and very durable. I would expect it to last for a long time. I would recommend this product to others and tell them its is durable.

You can buy extra pieces that fit together and help organize your space more. It is a very versatile product!! I love mine! It has helped organize my closets in every room! The easiest closet organizer I have ever put together! It pretty much does the work itself! All you got to do is stick a few pieces together and you're done. Easy as can be! I promise. Very inexpensive! I researched a bunch of products before deciding on this one and it was really the best deal. Easy to use and a great price! Cannot help but love it! Extremely strong and durable. You can't put extremely heavy objects in or on it but you can put a lot and not worry about it falling apart or breaking in any way!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClosetMaid?

The unit that we got was customizable and it made it very easy for my son to find a particular shirt that he was interested in wearing that day to school. Installation of the unit we purchased was very easy. The hardest part was making space in the closet area so that I could get the unit installed, but once we did that, it was simple. The price seemed very fair for the unit purchased. If we did not think it was fair, we would not have bought it. It was used by a teenage boy and has held up well. He is not the most "gentle" of users. We have had it for a couple of years and it's still in good condition.

Loads of options to chose from to help organize my clothes and all my shoes even a belt rack. I have since purchased another for my daughters. Was very easy to install. My husband did it all himself. Not much tools need and took him less than a hour. Very satisfied customer. Will buy again. We spent less than a $100 on the one we bought and we're very pleased with the price. We even bought another. Worked great for heavy clothes. Packing up my winter stuff was a snap. Also the ton of shoes I had fit snug as well. Thank you so much.

I like that you can mix and match different sets to go together. It makes it so easy to be able to organize closets. I like that there are different colors so you can match the room/closet easily. Pretty easy to put together, but sometimes there are a lot of parts. The instructions are usually easy to follow. If the pictures are kind of hard to see, you can usually figure out how to put it together without them. I wish that the prices were a little cheaper. I think they are kind of expensive for the quality, but they are pretty affordable. I wish they had cheaper prices or discounts if you buy more than one. It's not the most durable finish wise, but the organizer as a whole lasts a long time and is durable. I just wish that the finish wouldn't peel off or get dented so easy.

I really liked all of the options that you could add on. It cost a little bit more money, but I would recommend it to anyone that needs to organize their closet or anywhere else possibly in their bedroom. The installation process was overall very easy. Myself and my kids did the installation and it only took a couple of hours to actually install the ClosetMaid organizer. I really love it too. It was overall very fair in price compared to all other closet organizers that I have come across. I am overall very happy that I decided to purchase the ClosetMaid organizer. The ClosetMaid closet organizer is very durable. I have had no problems with it so far. And do not plan that I will have any problems with it in the near future. It is very much worth the money that I invested in it.

I was very dissatisfied with the product. All the items are practically the same. There are not very many ways to build organizers to be custom. Installation was fairly easy. Instructions were clear. The shelving had no labels on it, but I have built in the past so it was okay to figure out. Some brackets were missing in the box. For the price it is doable. But remember you get what you pay for. It's not made 100% perfect, but it does work. DOES not hold anything too heavy. Will break easily. Product doesn't hold anything over 10 pounds before it starts to bow and bend. And eventually break and fall off the wall. Poor quality.

It's easy to customize where you put your own things. you can organize and literally store anything in the containers. It keeps things neat and clean and makes the room look more organized. Installation is very easy. Probably the easiest thing I've ever had to put together myself. Literally anyone could do it and if instructions are needed then they are right there to help you. Price is somewhat decent. Pretty much depends on what size and how tall it is. So basically if you need to store a lot of little items you may be looking at $15-20 depending on the quality. Durability is okay. I wouldn't recommend putting anything on top of the organizer just in case it dents the top and makes the drawers harder to go in.

Great. It was just what I was looking for. It does not take up too much space and there are many different ways I can organize the things I want. Very quick and easy. Took me no time at all to install this very quick which is just what I was looking for in a closet organizer. I really would recommend this. I thought it was a very good price for the product I purchased. Plus can you really put a price on good organization? I think not. It's very important to be organized. The durability is great. I've never had a problem with it ripping or tearing which is perfect. Just what I wanted is something that would last me a while and this is it.

I didn't use any customization options. I put it together as directed and it fits in my closet perfectly. Installation was very easy. I set out and made sure I had all the parts then just followed the instructions. My husband put it together with no problem. The price was ok as I recall. It was more than $25. It was well worth it in order to get my closet organized and not be a mess all the time. I've had the closet organizer for a little over 2 years and it has held up well. I really don't have anything too heavy on it. Mostly shoes, sweaters, and handbags. It seems to be very durable and made well.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ClosetMaid was founded in Delray Beach, Fla. in 1965. They are currently based in Ocala, Fla., and their products are available nationally at home improvement stores, online and at ClosetMaid authorized dealers.

• Online design tool: Design the closet of your dreams without leaving your couch by using ClosetMaid’s online design tool. Simply select the room you need help organizing, enter dimensions and choose your favorite material to see your design options.
  • Find a professional installer or dealer: There’s good news if you aren’t ready to tackle your closet organization on your own. Find a professional installer or ClosetMaid dealer near you who can help you design a solution that will work for your space and budget. Simply fill out a short form on ClosetMaid’s website to get started.
  • Installation resources: Choosing the DIY route for your ClosetMaid storage solution doesn’t mean you’re completely on your own. Download instruction sheets, how-to guides and videos from ClosetMaid’s website so you can master your DIY project.
  • Shop online: It’s easy to browse and buy storage solutions from ClosetMaid’s online shopping center. Shipping generally takes 7-10 business days.
  • Planning ideas and tips: Learn the best strategies for tackling a closet organization project by reading ClosetMaid’s planning tips. You can also find great ideas for every room in the house by visiting ClosetMaid’s “Get Ideas” page on their website.
  • Best for ClosetMaid is best for DIYers, small home dwellers and home sellers.

Compare Closet Organizers