4.73/5
Based on 432 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

Closet Factory Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 31, 2018

512 Closet Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Closet Factory, as everyone might know, is a custom furniture maker. I first came to know about Closet Factory when I was looking for a murphy bed to go into my den/office. I could not find one online that suits my need. I needed the murphy bed to blend in, to look clean, and to function the way I envisioned it: be an office when not used as a bedroom.

Then enter Laura **. She’s wonderful. She has been my go-to person at Closet Factory. She takes care of every little detail of my furniture orders, from design (we collaborate a lot) and execution, to making sure everything the final product looks clean and presentable. In short, making it perfect, making me happy about my purchase. These furniture pieces can be really expensive, depending on how grandiose I’m feeling at the moment. Things can get out of hand when I see my vision rendered first onscreen or on paper. Laura will make suggestions to keep me within my budget. Given what Closet Factory can do, I always set aside a hefty budget.

Needless to say, after my murphy bed, another order for a special vanity was next. It was a challenging project because the vanity has to adapt to the existing plumbing and drains, specific measurements in between drains, where the sinks go, distance between sinks, drawer widths and depths, and how the vanity should look like. Laura was with me all the way. Not to mention this vanity weighs literally a ton. The install crew had to haul the entire vanity upstairs on a winding staircase.

The nice thing about buying custom furniture is you get what you need specially in situations where modifying the existing structures costs more than customizing the furniture itself. Closet Factory can make it happen and if things are not right, Closet Factory will make things right. Laura is always there to make that happen for me. Overall, I am a happy customer and I’m not easy to please when I spend a lot of money on something. I will certainly have some more things for Closet Factory to make for me. I’d like to mention, too, that all these happens well and good because it’s a concerted effort of the awesome Closet Factory team, including those working behind the scenes. They work hard to deliver and make it worth the while, the money you paid for the furniture.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Our designer Casie ** did a great job working in as much shelf space and hanging space as our closet would allow. She had great ideas to utilize all the elements we wanted and save some money where possible. The installers were professional and had some challenging angles to work around. They figured it out and it all looks and works great!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Closet Factory did a complete storage system in my garage. Their people were great and the girl that came out knew what she was doing. If I didn't like what I was getting and if I didn't like the product we would stop everything but they did a great job. I am thoroughly pleased and I would recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I had a very wonderful experience with Closet Factory. Their designer was very knowledgeable and did a very good design on my closet for my master bedroom. She came to my house in a very polite way and went into my master bedroom closet. She pointed out what I really needed based on the closing that I have. Then she drew sketches in front of me, and when I felt like some of them were very expensive, she would do more options for me so that I can afford the money. I requested for shelving and a door, and the installation was also very smooth. About three guys came in and worked very quietly and very productively. They got the job done in two days and it was very good.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I used Closet Factory three years ago for my first closet and I really liked the way it turned out. So I wanted them to do the master bedroom closet and my daughter's room closet as well. Their designer came to my house and discussed the design. She's been so kind and wonderful. Their installers were also very professional.

I was excited about the new closets. But I like my very first closet more because of the depth of the shelving. I was trying to keep the cost low and when the plan was being discussed and finalized, I thought the depth and the width of the shelves were going to have the same measurement as my first closet because I transferred some of the porch from the first closet from the other house and we incorporated it to the new closet design.

When I signed the final design, I was looking at a computer model and sometimes, they're not very focused on the actual dimension. I was told that the skinnier shelves were chosen because I was trying to keep the project under a certain amount, which made sense, but I wished I had known that it was going to be slightly different and that they talked about dimension a little more. I still like the new closets nonetheless. They're serving their purpose and I'm happy. Closet Factory knows what they're doing and I would highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Our experience with Closet Factory was good. I read the reviews and then I spoke to a consultant Jerry who suggested in a calm way of what to do and how to go about it. It also helped that they had a computer animation to see the products from all angles while using the space where I wanted it to be, so I had a real-time look at how it would be. It was expensive compared to buying a closet from a regular store but I was a little anxious and when the product came in and when the installation happened, everything went smoothly. I am still enjoying it and the quality is good. It was a good investment as well.

They have installed a wall unit in the living room that goes around the TV and the fireplace. The best part about the closet designer was that she was very calm. I have a type-A personality and she was the opposite. She went through the designs slowly and carefully with me. She also listened carefully to what I wanted. She called me and I emailed her this morning asking her for another project as I need more units put up. the people who installed the closet have been wonderful. They did a great job and then they left the place clean. They had to pull out some wires and that was probably not part of the job, but they did that for me.

Their response time was good too. There was a person at the office who was good and got back to me quickly while Jerry was easily available via text and email. The quality of the finished product is good. I had the shelves put a different height for a reason since I had a precious memento from my grandmother, and that was an oddly shaped object, so I wanted to make sure that it sat well and the shelves were designed around that particular object. I’ve had a lot of people ask me who did the work. The way the pieces are in the room, almost no one sees it at first as it’s so blended in, and then. The closet is very subtle so it's very good.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Closet Factory did some work for me in Colorado before. This time, I had a couple of people come by and gave me quotes and Closet Factory had a better price so I had them install a white melamine board shelving and door for a closet. Their designer was good, competent and professional but we had an issue with the design. We had a little hiccup when the shelves were first installed because they were either too tall or too short but the installers fixed it and I was happy with the way that they handled the situation. The installers were quick but they were a little shipwreck and a little sloppy. They could have used a little bit more care when they were nudging around things. They left ample space to nudge but it was a little tighter. But, it was a good service and product and it was a quick and affordable way to get a lot of use out of your closets.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We had Closet Factory install a custom closet organizer for an owner's residence which the owner uses when he comes to this coast. Their designer was very smart and a great woman. The owner wanted something similar to what he had and he was descriptive in what he wanted but the designer was able to model that while sitting in the living room of the residence. It was a really impressive operation and the whole meeting took about 45 minutes. It took about a month to get the installation scheduled because Closet Factory was so booked up but it was fine because the owner was never here.

During the installation, I met the installer over there and let him in. He was a really good guy. He had a plan and he executed it. We did an initial punch walk and the owner didn’t have any items so we’re good to go. I wish other major commercial construction operations was as organized as Closet Factory. I got guys with two million dollar contracts and they weren’t as sharp.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We did some research and Closet Factory’s name came up. I called them and their prices were okay. Their product was similar to some of the other companies that we have talked to but I liked that instead of hanging clothing closets, they do their closets from bottom up. So, we got shoe closets from them. Then, recently, we had them do cabinets underneath our kitchen countertop. Their designer, Michael, came in and I explained to him what we were looking for and what we wanted, and he agreed with it. I also kept telling him that we needed maximum space.

We were traveling at the time and Michael was a little pushy about the price. He said that if we didn’t make a decision in the next 10 days, the price would go up and I didn’t appreciate him giving us an ultimatum so he told us to take our time. Then, once we decided to go through with it, he sent me the plans and said that that was the architectural diagram or a blueprint. But I didn’t know all the measurements and the thing was complicated. I looked at it and said that it was fine as long as it was what he and I talked and agreed upon. He knew me because he had done our closets before, so I thought that he totally got me.

Initially, Michael had not taken the architectural approval though he claimed that he has worked with so many other places in our building. So the first time the blueprint was returned, I was home for them especially, but our building wouldn’t let them work on the closet. The approval took another month later before we finally got a date. The minute they started working, I was there and I asked why they were wasting five inches of space from the bottom. We have such a limited space and I thought that could be a regular inch or inch and a half. Michael was not there and the labor force didn’t know any better. They called Michael and he said that when he sent me the blueprint of the photos and all the dimensions and labeling, I signed off on it.

I’m a layperson so when he sent me the dimensions, I was seeing that as something that we agreed about. I insisted on space when he was designing but they were barely giving us any cabinet space. Then Michael contacted the CEO who said he would stand by his designer because I signed the contract. I would’ve really appreciated both the designer and the CEO of the company and whoever I dealt with to take my complaint seriously. I also wished they’ve taken ownership even if they thought that I was not right 100% somewhere, but I was 99% right.

That was the dispute at the beginning of the year and I cannot imagine how much it would cost them to do another fitting in order to keep a repeat customer happy and wanting more stuff done after that. My husband and I were talking to the CEO every single day to see if there could be some kind of resolution, but they are not budging. We're still hoping though and we're still in talks with them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I browsed online a bit and I liked the designs that Closet Factory had than any other closet factory. The designer that came over was really friendly. They explained everything and went over everything clearly. I had some garage closets installed. The installers were quick, efficient and did their thing. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I had talked to a couple of other closet companies then a friend recommended for me to use Closet Factory. He had a positive experience dealing with them and I had a good experience, too. They did some built in cabinets and counter space for a home office. My interaction with the designer was positive. They were able to do what I wanted and were very accommodating and helpful. I was satisfied and I would use them again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

We had Closet Factory revamp our closet space in the hallway. It was just cabinets and some drawers weren't the way I wanted it to be. The designer did a fantastic job. I told him what I wanted and he exactly knew what I wanted. He also knew what dimensions would best fit my needs. The experience went really smoothly.

My husband was there for the installation and we had two contractors at that time. He said that they were professional because they were able to work around one another. And the cleanup went well too. A lot of the times contractors come and cleanup wasn’t as tidy as I would like it but Closet Factory did a fantastic job. The product’s quality is great but I wish I had chosen them to do the painting or the finishing as well. I let other individuals paint it because we have our own paint but it didn’t turn out as well. There are a lot of intricate designs on the cabinet and, with poor painting, I did not like the finish of it. But that was nothing on Closet Factory’s part.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

The Closet Factory sales guy I had was so good that I decided on them instead of another company. He clearly understood our situation and he was able to really write things out for us. He gave us a feeling that they knew what they were doing and that they could do what we wanted to be done. So, we had peace of mind. We did a walk-in closet and we are very happy. The installation crew was good and very quick as well.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We were looking to add a walk-in closet to our Master along with closets in our kids bedroom in anticipation of our new baby. We signed the contract with a designer who seemed to lure us about Costco discount only to realize that he had no idea what he was doing. We regret choosing Closet Factory and highly recommend to be cautious in choosing an able designer. We are still unsure if the designer miscommunicated the plan or if the entire operations chain of this office is a disaster. Plan that was finalized and that was sent to the installers were completely different. We encountered series of issues and the front office kept asking us to touch base with the designer even after a month of incomplete installation. The designer finally came and started sharing the wrong cost because of which he said we had cut back on the orders. He came to us showing a bill for less than 13 K while we had paid 14.3k.

Upon vehemently refuting it, he offered to provide the missing pieces (jewelry drawer, doors of the cabinet) and promised to follow up. Again, upon not hearing anything later, I called the front office only to learn that nothing was communicated and they needed more time. However, front office agreed that the designer had the wrong cost estimates and confirmed we are due for the Costco voucher upon completion of the job. Couple days later, installers were sent without a jewelry box stating that we had not paid for the same with mismatched cabinets and with improper handles to the doors of the cabinets. At this point, front office reports that are not responsible for what going us and prefer we talk to designer or their supervisor to whom I had relayed this information couple weeks ago already. We were promised a phone call with the follow up. We didn't hear back from the designer who promised to complete the job nor the supervisor.

The front office clearly didn't want to deal with us anymore and here we are still sitting on a unfinished project in Dec 2017 which was due in late Sep/Oct 2017 (per designers promise)... I'm due anytime now and feel extremely overwhelmed and disappointed by the way this entire episode was handled. The company lacks ownership and no wants to take responsibility for what went wrong and it's still an incomplete job with no professional follow up even today. I'm utterly dissatisfied, more so for putting us through this during such a important phase of our life. We would like to register an official complaint against Closet Factory, Seattle and our designer in specific.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I have used another closet company eight years ago and it was a horrible experience. I did four different bedrooms with Closet Factory and it was just the basic materials that they have because I was in a hurry to get it done before the summer was over. It was the full shelving, hanging and transformed the whole closet but with the basic materials. Their designer was fabulous. She was thorough, quick and had it designed for me. I was able to see it on the computer. I really liked her. The installation was great too. Compared to the previous installers that I had, these guys were really good and they were clean. It took them three hours to complete the job. The whole thing was just very professional.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Closet Factory products are reasonably priced but I also had California Closets come out to do a comparison of both companies. I liked the fact that when they were onsite, California Closet used a computer model to show me the exact outfit and changes of the layout, which I thought was very interactive and very nice to actually see, and they were able to give me a quote and tell me options right then and there. That's something I would suggest to the Closet Factory as that was a really great experience as a consumer. The Closet Factory designer was very responsive and matched the deal with me, and I had a closet installed in our bedroom. However, after installation, I noticed that one of the boards at the bottom isn't staying, and it's because it's kind of adhering. It's probably just a change in the heat and old and I feel that maybe now it's not fitting tightly. My experience with Closet Factory was easy and simple, and the product came out great.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Closet Factory did the closet system for my wife. It's an organized and a better system with stuff drawers and hanging rods. Our messy stuff that used to be on shelves could now be in drawers. The designer was very helpful, gave some good suggestions and worked very well with my wife. Our experience was good. Closet Factory did a great job in the time that they allotted.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I’ve worked with Closet Factory several times. The first time was about three years ago. So far, I liked their quality, selection, price and they’re close by. We did a wall bed, desk, shelf units, and then, we did several closets. They're holding pretty good. We’ve had a few problems with the drawers in one of the rooms, but other than that, they're okay. Closet Factory has been great coming out and fixing it.

I have had different designers all three times. I did not love the first one. She was just lacking experience and I knew exactly what I wanted. It was for the bigger room with the wall bed and it took a bit of back and forth until she understood what I needed. She had to ask a lot of questions. But other than that, she was fine. As for the other two, I didn't have any problem. Installation in all three instances was great. Fast and easy. There was a problem with one of them with the screw, but they came out and fixed it. I’ve been happy so far and I’ll be using Closet Factory again for some garage stuff.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We had a two-bedroom closet and a pantry installed by Closet Factory. The designer was great. He was courteous, on time, plus I knew him. Also, the installation went well. I definitely had a good experience with Closet Factory.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have used California Closets before but I thought I'd go with Closet Factory for my laundry room. The Closet Factory designer was out saying things very intelligent. She had a computer that shows what she had. I had a little issue and she solved it so I really liked her. The installers got in and got out and it was excellent. Overall, Closet Factory was outstanding.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We had our master bedroom closet done by Closet Factory. The expectation and the problem solving were upfront, and the design was exceptional. We talked to some other closet companies and Closet Factory was the most responsive and their website was a little more informative. Their designer stood out among the others that came out. He was more professional, more knowledgeable, responsive and really good. He answered our questions while the others didn't have in-depth knowledge or answers or even solutions. Closet Factory was able to work with us in solving challenges that we brought up on the spot.

The installation crew was fine. The one drawback was the quality of the finished work. Things weren’t flushed, and what was expected and what was actually delivered didn't align so there definitely was a disappointment on that front. And to be getting a follow-up this late from the actual installation, they got disappointing. I was expecting to hear back the day after or even a week after. We have three other closets in our house that were installed by California Closets. And comparing those installations to the Closet Factory master bedroom closet, the difference in the quality of the install is quite extreme. Our bar sat by the other three closets and it fell short.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I like Closet Factory’s location and we had them do two master closets and a laundry room in our house. The designer was very friendly and helpful, and the installation crew was great. The Closet Factory team did a great and timely job, although there's always room for improvement. They were informative and professional and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Closet Factory's product was very good. We had a closet installed five months ago and the product they used was nice, durable and thick. The designers were always taking care of me and they are very helpful. Installation was very good. The crew was very friendly and very polite. They came in on time and finished it on time. It was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

From the design to the finish product, Closet Factory was professional, innovative and budget conscience. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great ideas for storage and stylish built in!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Closet Factory turned my extra bedroom into a closet with shelves and everything. Their designer was very nice and she answered all of my questions. The installers both did a great job. On the second day, only the lady installer came and finished the job, and she vacuumed the whole place and cleaned it before she left.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I live in a fairly rural area and Closet Factory renders service in our area. They installed our pantry system. From design, install, to the follow-up, it was a great experience. The installers took two-thirds of a day to put the closet in and they did a great job. I would recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I liked Closet Factory’s designer, Laurie. I interviewed a couple but I felt comfortable with her and she could tell me exactly what was going to happen. We had a very good connection and she's a very clear communicator. And she sketched out right there so I saw what she's going to do. Plus, their factory's local so I liked going over there and everything was done right here. I had them install a closet for a small bedroom and the team was very professional and did a great job.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I’ve had friends that had used Closet Factory and I had seen some of their work. I walked into their showroom, talked to the woman there and we had set up an appointment for her to meet with me and my wife at our house. The designer was very professional and very friendly. The design for the master closet was great and the price was reasonable so, we went with it. I left the installers to do the job and the installation went smoothly. The work was performed as agreed and as promised. We’re very happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We looked at different companies and talked to a couple of different ones, and ultimately, we decided to go with Closet Factory. We like the quality of the materials and part of it had to do with how it was put together. The weight-bearing was going to be held on the floor instead of by the wall, for example, and it wasn’t just going to be hung on the wall. I also like that they were going to be building the closets locally, as well as my experience with the designer. She was very attentive and had a lot of information and she was willing to try a lot of things to get what we really wanted.

We had built a walk-in closet with a new addition and the installation team was great. I was working from home that day, and they were very quiet. They did not require a lot of my attention but when they did, they were very respectful of my opinion and my time. We installed in August and the drawers are still working well and nothing is chipped or broken. The Closet Factory team was very professional, swift, thorough and flexible. We have another closet that we’re going to have to do at some point, and we will call Closet Factory again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I had a friend of mine who had used Closet Factory a couple of times and he recommended them. I have two closets from them. They did a whole closet system for me, customed to my needs. I had drawers put in it and space for hangers. It has storage up above and a place for shoes. They also put a laundry bin. Whatever I needed, they've done with perfection. It's the second time I've used them. The first time I used them, a gentleman designed a special space for me and also, a desk office area. Then the second time, a woman came out and she was really nice and easy to work with. The quality of work is excellent. I'm very happy and I would highly recommend Closet Factory.

Closet Factory Company Information

1983
www.closetfactory.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use