Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

Closet Factory Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

956 Closet Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

The people who owned the unit before me used Closet Factory, so I also used them when I first moved in. Then, we used them when I needed some additional work done. Our most recent work with them was shelves. The designer was adorable. The interactions we had were beautiful and she did a great job. The installation went perfectly, too. Overall, it's been perfect with Closet Factory.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We have a home that was built in the 1980s that had custom closets in them, but they were dated, and they weren't very functional for our family. I wanted estimates on completely pulling all of the original built-ins out of our closets and putting in something with a more functional design. Closet Factory was willing to offer a free in-home estimate because I really didn't have any concept of how much the project will cost and that was valuable to me. We had an exceptional designer and she was very professional. She did a very good job of working with us. Her follow-up was always timely and very thorough. She explained everything very well, and it was very clear that she was motivated to earn our business, and she handled it in a very straightforward and confident manner.

The installation process was super easy and there's only one thing that went wrong. There was a misinterpretation in the measurements and one element of the project didn't accomplish what we wanted, and I'm gonna have to follow up to try and get that fixed. There were custom hardwood floors in a portion of our home. When the old built-ins were removed and the new closet was put in, I told them that there were no hardwood floors underneath the existing built-ins. The custom hardwood floors were added after the existing built-ins.

I told them that whatever they design, to make sure that when the old built-ins are removed, and the subfloor is revealed, that any new closet installation entirely covers the gap where the subfloor is. That didn't get executed quite properly so I have two small spaces in one of the closets where the subfloor and the edge of the custom hardwood floor showed, and I'm gonna have to come with some solution for trimming that. If there is any way to follow up and get some remnants of material from our closet, so that we could have another carpenter cut a small strip of trim for that piece, that would be very nice. Other than that, everything was done very well.

We will probably use Closet Factory again for some subsequent projects in the house and I would absolutely refer someone. I especially would refer my friends that are members of Costco because I've got competitive bids, and I felt like Closet Factory had very competitive pricing, particularly being a Costco member. The designer services were very well-executed, and the pricing was competitive.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Closet Factory is right across the street from my office, and I read a little bit about them online and talked to some folks and liked what I heard. The people from Closet Factory came to my house, walked me through everything, and did a nice, little design. They also had me in their design studio, and showed me the materials. I liked it, signed it up, and within a couple of weeks, a master closet and a linen closet were installed. The installer was great, showed up on time, cleaned up after himself, and did a good install.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We had Closet Factory install a cherry wood-like wooden closet that has six or seven shelves which they made and built. Things were messed up in the beginning and my wife and I were disappointed because the designer didn’t take to consideration that we had an attic. He looked at the closet for at least 35 minutes and measured things, but didn't look up to see that there’s an attic right there. So when an actual installer came to put it on, he said that if we want access to the attic, we'd have to call them so they could remove all the shelves but there would be a charge for it. He advised to take the attic into consideration so we went with the installer said. Other than that, everything went well. It took an hour or so for the installation and in the end, the closet looks beautiful. Overall, I'm satisfied with Closet Factory.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had gotten a master closet and a garage from Closet Factory. A friend recommended them. I had cabinets and everything redone in the garage. I had also gotten the closet redone. The designer was great and had good ideas. I’m colorblind so I left everything to her judgment and what she picked was very nice. The installation went great. She oversaw it and I didn’t have to worry about anything. The master closet took two days to finish and the garage took a day. Overall, I had a great experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Our neighbors redid most of their house and gave us sparkling review for Douglas Lestikow, one of Closet Factory owners and the sales rep that we worked with. We had two, very small projects with them. One was a beverage center down in a corner of our basement, as well as two, full panel wine racks down there. We also had them put in some cabinetry in our laundry room.

The designer came out, and we looked at the projects, the space, and options as far as colors. He drew up a design and we approved it. All the jobs are different and they can all go any which way. But we told them we wanted some wire mesh on the upper cabinet doors on the beverage center so we could see through them. My wife just threw out, “chicken wired”, not thinking of anything else. And they came out and installed doors with actual chicken wire. We told them we didn’t like it and we apologized if we gave them the wrong impression. Doug came up with some other options, send them out for our approval and redid them, and didn’t charge us for the chicken wire.

The wine racks were installed with the backer panels were just glued up. When we loaded them up with wine, they started to pull away from the back of the little cases that we have them in. The installer saw that, quickly took action, and made arrangements to have them reinstalled properly. So, it’s just been a really satisfying experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We had a built-in closet built in the master bedroom using Closet Factory. I really liked the designer who came in here. She was very efficient, had a lot of good ideas, and a lot of experience. I trusted her. The installation took a little bit longer than we expected, but it was great. It was all done in one day. The guys were very friendly, fast, and clean. They have explained everything. We had a shaker style closet and the front have the hamper parts with the difference space than the others, but they installed what they had, and then they came back and replaced it a few weeks later. I'm very satisfied with the finished product.

The only thing for me is that they don’t close on their own. Still, I'd tell others that we had a great experience at Closet Factory. The design was very good and the quality was great.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I wanted shelves in a closet and I surfed the internet and looked at different options online. I narrowed it down to a handful of companies that provided services in my area that had reasonable online reviews, then contacted them for estimates. After I got the estimates, I then made the decision and went with Closet Factory. Working with their designer was a very positive experience for me. When I compared it to a couple of the other people that I had come out to get their views and give me options, the one for Closet Factory was very much focused on what the options where we could do this or we could do that. If we chose an option, there is a reason why it would be better or worse than what it would give me instead.

They were also very clear about which options involved increased price and which didn't. If I'm laying out my clothes, they let me know how much space I needed for double hang versus a single hang with the shelves, and which layout would give me the best use of space. In terms of the three different estimates I had, Closet Factory was head and shoulders above.

The installation process went fine. The installer came out and did his thing, although I would have preferred if he brought cover boots because he was carrying stuff in and out of the house and was walking on my white carpets with his boots, which I didn't appreciate all that much. But the work was done very quickly and to a high quality. I would recommend Closet Factory if my friends worked with a designer that I worked with. I would specifically recommend that person because she was really what my friends need, the difference.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I learned about Closet Factory from one of those things I get in the mail. It's like a magazine with a bunch of people in it. There was an advertisement of Closet Factory and they had a coupon. I had them redo a small closet for me and put built-in drawers, shelves and hangers. The designer I worked with was really good so I’ll definitely refer her. I had actually looked her up online and all the closets that she had been involved with were all beautiful. I can’t even say enough about her. The people who came for the installation did a good job too. They were good and they cleaned up.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

The interior designer who was doing our new house told me about Closet Factory. Since that was the name that I was given, that was what I used. The designer who worked with me was incredible. She was meticulous, very artistic and very smart. Then the installers showed up whenever they were supposed to. I had the laundry room cabinets done. I also had closets done in four bedrooms and my pantry. And everything looks good.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I just moved to Pensacola from Atlanta where I had lots of choices. But in Pensacola, there was nobody else to call. Having said that, Closet Factory was a little more expensive compared to Atlanta 'cause here, there's no competition so they could charge whatever they want. Nonetheless, Closet Factory did a great job with our master closet. They gave a good estimate and got it done quickly. Several young men came to do the installation. They did exactly how the closet was designed and the quality's good. They were neat with their work and cleaned up. Everything fits as it should and it was exactly what I expected.

However, we have lots of closets in our house and it would’ve been really smart for the owner to say, “Tell me a little more about your other closet.” ‘Cause I said to him that if the price is good, I’ll have them do my other closet. But he didn’t pick up on that hint. Other than that, he was honest, did what he said he was gonna do and showed up when said he was gonna show up. I like Closet Factory and I would use them again. We had a great experience and I'd tell others to use them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I liked the owner and the salesperson that we were dealing with at Closet Factory, and I thought they were very professional. The designer met with me and we discussed it, and she measured then we ordered. I got a bunch of closet and pantry stuff and the installers built them very well, exactly what they promised. Closet Factory is an excellent company and I highly recommend them. I’m very happy with them and I’ll continue to use them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We had used Closet Factory for a project in our office about eight years ago. They did a great job the first time so we decided to use them again. We had some filing cabinets and some shelving units installed, and they redid an office for us. The designer was fabulous. She listened to what we needed and came up with a really good design. The installer who came to do our latest project was fabulous. He knew what he was doing and he had everything laid out. We're a doctor's office and when he had to drill or vacuum, I asked him if he could wait a moment just until the patient at the window stepped away. And he was very, very accommodating to those special needs. I would recommend Closet Factory. People would not be sorry if they use them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My friend had her closet done by Closet Factory and she referred them to me. My sales rep came right to my house, sat side by side with me, designed the pantry and gave me options. She went above and beyond and made an excellent impression. The installation was excellent and simple. Everything turned out great.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I needed stuff to get done quickly and had a master closet, two secondary closets, a pantry and a game closet done by Closet Factory. I like the salesperson, but I’m not in love with the finished product. It made a few of my closets feel like there’s a bunch of wasted space because they’re not what I thought I was getting. I feel like I could’ve bought shelves and just stuck them in my closet which would've been cheaper.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I saw Closet Factory in magazines and billboards where you saw ads and we used them in the past. This time, they did the bedroom closet and a coat closet. The results were excellent. They responded quickly to my request when we called and we set up an appointment. Someone came out, we discussed the design and they got back to me via email what designs they have come up with. The designer listened to what we needed and what we were looking for. There were a few adjustments that had to be made but she was good and very creative. Once that was resolved and the price was right, we set up an appointment and had them come out and install it. The guy who came and did it was very clean, neat, efficient and he did a good job. Everything was done correctly the first time and the timeline from start to finish was good. Also, their prices were in the ballpark and I would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We had a mudroom installed through Closet Factory and we had a good experience. We decided on using them based on the fact that we got them through Costco. We always try and go through Costco because they're great. The Closet Factory designer we worked with was awesome, and we loved her. She was professional, but she was also very flexible and reasonable. She's kind of our same age so she was relatable and she had pretty good ideas. She was able to give us what we wanted and within our budget, which was important. So, we had a bench and cubby shelving, and then we have two master closets. During the installation, we had some issues like missing parts but they were on it and took care of it, and they came back to fix it. I highly recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Closet Factory spoke to us and showed up on time. With some companies on the other hand, we couldn't even get information or get them to come out timely. So we moved forward with Closet Factory. I had shelves installed in a small closet. It was just a wall unit and the man who was here was very nice. He was also very clean, which was surprising. He cared as much when he brought the products in and laid towels down. He told me what he was doing and at the end, he showed me everything. He made sure I didn’t have any questions and he readjusted shelves. He was very good. It was surprising that follow-up appointments were not needed at all. Usually when you get work by anybody, there are always issues or some other problem that would come up. But this experience with Closet Factory was very smooth so I was impressed.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I had a coupon from Closet Factory. I googled and asked other people about them then I decided to go ahead with them. There was another company here that I was gonna go with because they had a lower price but they were new and didn’t have as much experience as Closet Factory. So, I went to experience over price. Closet Factory's representative, Laurie, came over and I told her what I wanted. She was very good and she did very well.

I’m loving my new closet and I wish I had it done 20 years ago. My design is awesome. I took the brown color to match with the wood and I also have the backing with it. So, the closet is not just hanging on the hall but it's like a piece of furniture and it's amazing. I would highly recommend Closet Factory. They were very pleasant and helpful. Time-wise, whatever they gave me, they honored it. They called me and checked with me as well. They told me I could call them any time that I had a problem or if anything needed to be done. And if I asked questions, they were able to answer that for me. So, I know how to take care of the closet and what to do. They did a great job and I'm very pleased with it. If I had to do it again or if I had to move, I would definitely get Closet Factory to do another job.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I talked to Closet Factory. They sent a worker out and her presentation was all been well. She was a very beautiful young lady, very smart, intelligent, articulate, and she sold the product to us. I had a step-in closet made in the master bedroom and the installation team did a good job too. They were very professional. I had a good experience, enjoying what I wanted them to do ‘cause I kept going in and checking on them, and they were very nice and they cleaned up after themselves. However, Closet Factory didn’t give me enough shelves for the cabinets with doors on it. So I called there and I talked to the lady and she took my order and now, they're gonna charge me $270. But the experience with them was very good. I would pick them over anybody else. They did a wonderful job. The final product was beautiful and it turned out perfect.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I had three closets installed by Closet Factory. Lisa was wonderful and easy to work with. She listened to me and she did it all. She came out here and designed the closets. I saw it on the computer and I agreed to it. She went back to the shop and sent me more pictures, and then we went from there. The actual installation crew was wonderful. They were efficient and cleaned up after themselves. They did a fabulous job. Get an estimate and have them come out and answer and show you their design because they really work well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I’m an interior designer and Jennifer, my client, needed closets, so I recommended Closet Factory and hired them for her. The reps were excellent. They came out, took inventory and did everything. Barbara, the designer, did a great job in identifying the best storage usage in the space we had based on our needs for our clothing. We had custom closets for two closets done and we did the laminate. Everything was good to go.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We recently purchased a charming 1952-built home and the closets were something that needed to be done. They were undersized for a current room and we needed a place to put shoes, hats, and hanging clothes. The Closet Factory rep showed up on time and she was knowledgeable about what she was selling and the problems we had. She seemed to be professional to work with and she didn’t try to push us to do something we didn’t want. She took measurements and suggested we go to their showroom, which we did a couple days later.

The rep showed us the different qualities and finishes. She had a computer in their showroom, and she shared visual layouts and what she suggested it would've looked like. She made some mods to that based on our feedback while we were sitting there. Then we had a couple of other ideas. We came back, had her measure a few things, then called her back, and sent her a text saying where the light switch is and where we would put the other bit, which she updated. She gave us a price and we gave her a check for half of the expense as a deposit. Also, our dry pantry was not laid out correctly at all so she also designed and made room for our dog food containers, and where we put brooms and vacuum. We also had some laundry stuff which she laid out pretty nicely. She did a great job.

Closet Factory had to custom-build the stuff, so it took about a month. They also sent out a tech person to verify the rep’s measurements and make sure where the gas and water line comes in. When the installation team got here, they were a little bit late but they were able to finish within the day. They had to cut a few things inside the house because of the way the things were laid out. It took a day for the dust to settle in the house so they had to clean up. Doing closets is an expensive investment and we're obliged to spend a lot of money. But it made a huge difference in the livability in a small house. We’re happy and we really like it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

The owner of my previous house had a closet done by Closet Factory. I already got used to having one so I had Closet Factory products installed in my closet recently. The designer was very nice, knowledgeable and professional. The installation crew was very nice too. Everything went well. I told a couple of friends about Closet Factory and they were impressed.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We found Closet Factory at a home show in St. Louis. They are professional, do good work, and we like their product, so we went back and used them again. This is the third house where we used them and this time, we had five closets done. Cathy, the designer, was was really good and very professional. We did a lot through texting and she came when we needed her to come. Likewise, the installers were great and professional. They had their feet covered and cleaned up after themselves. It took them four hours to complete the work and I could not believe that they got all that work done in the amount of time that they did it. But the only thing I was disappointed about was that I expected to get a little bit more of a discount because this was our third home where we had Closet Factory do some work. Other than that, though, the closets they did are nice and very customized to what I wanted.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I was very impressed with the account person I spoke with at Closet Factory which made me decide to go with them. My interaction with the designer was wonderful. She came to the house, made the suggestion for a complete dressing room and I loved it. She measured and came to my work place later with the design. We converted one bedroom into a complete dressing room closet and another small closet into a long hanging closet. They were wanting some special for soft clothes at the time, so that was added. They also upgraded the top of the bench and the dresser to a different finish. The installers were very, very nice guys and very fast. They were given the wrong pieces for one of the drawers and they just came back at my convenience and put it right in. So far, everything is perfect and I love it. I would recommend them to anyone and when I get to do other renovations, I’m gonna call them back.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I like the way Closet Factory did the closet at my daughter's house. So I also got them to do my master bedroom closet and laundry room. The Closet Factory designer, Danielle, was great and very prompt. We made an appointment and she brought her books and catalogs with her for me to look at some diagrams of different closets and laundry rooms that she has done. She also showed me some photographs on her phone that she had done.

Danielle came back for the second appointment with the actual design on her computer, and we placed the order. She was really good. She followed up and I couldn't have asked for a better service from her. The installers were great and quick. They had to cut a board, but everything was good. The job was done right the first time and I was really impressed. I'm gonna get some more rooms done in my house, and my daughter is thinking of building a huge home and she will be using Closet Factory as well.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I had four closets done by Closet Factory. I had one walk-in bedroom closet, one in the wall bedroom closet, one over the washer and dryer, and one large closet in the kitchen made from a coat closet to a half coat and half pantries. The designer was quick because she has been doing it forever. However, I was not sure that I totally understood everything that was happening, but I put my faith in her. It was very difficult for me to review the plan because there were four pages on every closet and I couldn't really see it in 3D with my eyes. When I was given the copy of the plans, it was really hard for me to conceptualize what was happening. If I had been able to see the problem that existed in a little different diagram, then it might have been a little easier than the plans that I've received.

The installation crew was very nice. The fellow who was in charge was very accommodating. I was upset when he arrived to hear that I had to have a handyman come in and rip out all of the preexisting closet paraphernalia. I had not understood that I needed to rip out the molding around the floor, but he told me not to worry and that he would accommodate the installation and make it right for me, and he did. There was one place that was definitely problematic after the installation and I called and they had to replace a piece. A different crew came out to do that. My experience with Closet Factory was very costly, but it was nice and I'm happy with my finished product.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I talked to someone from Closet Factory and one of the guys, Tim, came out. He made things very easy, so I didn’t even look into other companies. He met with me at a coffee shop, and went over things. He was very professional, and very articulate. He was a really great guy. I wasn’t happy with the way my closet looked before. I was very naïve to my options. Tim came and showed me a lot of shelving that was appropriate. My belts, ties, suits, jerseys, and work clothes could all organize better and more efficiently. That’s what Tim did, while keeping things stylish, clean lines, consistent with my home décor. I got Closet Factory do a walk-in closet with simple and basic shelving. The pricing was a little high, but it was worth it because they did what they did. If I would have went to Home Depot and did it myself, it would have cost me a lot of time, maybe a little bit less money and I wouldn’t know my options.

The installer did the closet in one day, and he cleaned up. He was a super nice guy. Tim followed up, and he looked at everything I had, and made sure that it was all good to go in his eye. The shelving could be switched to make them bigger or smaller, and I asked for another shelve and Tim came out and ordered that for us as well. So, it was very cool. I had a really cool experience with Closet Factory, and I'd do it again. They did a good job. I've recommended it to a couple of people.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I went over everything with a Closet Factory representative, and she was very detailed and took her time going through things. And she drew it out, so I was able to see exactly what it would be like before she even left here. I liked the service that was provided. She asked lots of great questions and there were some things that I hadn't even thought about, and so we were able to incorporate that into part of the design. But she listened to me very well, and so she took in my information and looked at the office as well, put in some of the other details that are in my house to kind of incorporate so that it was still a smooth flow. I had a home office, and I had them install bookcases and cabinets as well as a desk. The installation was also very smooth. The installers showed up on time and did their job. They were out of here within five hours. Overall, it was a fantastic experience, and I would definitely recommend Closet Factory.

Closet Factory expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Closet Factory has been customizing closet systems for homeowners for over two decades. They can also help you develop an organizational system for your home office, garage, pantry and more.

• Organizational guides: Perfect for those who don’t know where to start, Closet Factory has over a dozen free downloadable organizational guides that cover topics related to home organization.

• Free consultation: Schedule a free consultation with a designer to start the process of turning your closet into an organized space. Simply fill out a form online.

• National company: There are 45 Closet Factory locations nationwide, so there is a good chance you can find one near you. Check their website to find out where they are located.

• Design board: Pin design ideas you love from the Closet Factory website to your personal Closet Factory design board. You can share your board on your social media sites or print it out.

• Blog: Find more inspirational ideas, tips and articles on Closet Factory’s blog. Topics include fashion, crafts, closets and organization.

• Best for: Closet Factory is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Closet Factory Company Information