toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We looked in some of the big buck stores like Lowe's and Home Depot for closet stuff but we went with Closet Factory. They were good and I liked them. We went to their place of business where they cut the parts and cold called them. They made an appointment for the designer to come out and she came to the house twice. She sat down with my wife to look at pictures and took measurements. I had one complete wall closet installed for my wife. There's one bay for shoes and the rest has shelves from floor to ceiling, as well as places for hanging stuff. The installation was good and everything was pre-cut so there weren't any fitting issues. In the end, there was a gap between the wall and the base inside of the cabinet, but the installers came back and put a quarter round to seal that. It was a very good experience and we were pleased. In the future, I may go back to Closet Factory and get myself some closet stuff.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We signed up to have Closet Factory come and figure out what they could do for our closet when we were at the Home and Garden Show, although we already knew about them before. The designer who came out was really sweet. She took one look at the closet and said it was way too small for the size of our house. She took measurements and came up with the design for a walk-in closet. She did the design on her computer and we proceeded to go through with it. The installer was nice and courteous. He was in and out of the house, took his time, cleaned up, and did a great job.

We have more available space now in our closet than we ever did before. We didn’t think anything could have helped our closet, but we now walk into it all the time and say, "Wow!" and we're thrilled to death with it. At some point, we’re going to have Closet Factory look at the other two closets in our guest bedrooms to see if their designer can make sense of those. We want to see if we can make those closets better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I walked in, Closet Factory addressed my needs and they weren’t afraid to show their fantastic drawings. The other places I went to wouldn't share their drawings and I wanted to be able to share them with my wife. I also had a real tough delivery challenge. I have been out of town and we needed to get the closets in before some other things with the contractors because we're renovating our entire house. Closet Factory responded on short notice and said they could meet our tough time demand but they didn't make the commitment on the spot. They said they'd call me back after they had a production meeting then they moved some things around and made it happen.

Cassie, the gal I worked with, did a fantastic job and was outstanding. She headed up the thing, made sure everything happened and stayed in touch with me if there was an issue. We had them do a pantry and the walk-in closets in the master bedroom and the upstairs guest suite. The installers did an unbelievable job and installed the products on time and very professionally. They also handled the fact that the registers came up underneath and ended up doing a really nice job of making their own kind of register inside the wood products that were used for the shelves. So the airflow in the closets is great and it comes out of some custom made vents that they did themselves.

But the rods came in the wrong color. They were polished chrome instead of brushed nickel. The installers told us the new ones would come in three days later and they did. When the guys called and came out for that, I told them to leave the rods and I will replace them when I have the chance because all of our clothes were already on them. But when I got home that night, they had completely moved every piece of our clothing off the racks, put the new rods on and put our clothes back onto our closet. It was perfect.

All in all, the end result was better than we'd hope for. We've had nothing but problems with every other sub-contractor on the job other than them, our cabinet people. Over the last 12 months, Closet Factory was the most prompt and neatest. Also, when there were a couple of little issues, they took care of them exactly when they said they would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used Closet Factory years ago and I had them redo my closet recently. My interaction with the designer was very good and I didn’t have a problem with her. When they did the installation, my wife didn’t have a problem too. But we were surprised with the material they used, which was compact wood with laminate on top that had a white skin similar to a particle board, and I was not happy with it. I thought we were going to get better quality wood for the price we paid. After the installation, they called to follow up, but we didn’t have a need for someone to return. Overall, the design was very well done but the material was below grade. I probably won’t use Closet Factory anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory installed shelving and cabinets in our garage and in our unfinished basement. We got them since we didn't see anything comparable to what they offered and we had a very positive experience with their designer. The installation was excellent but there was one piece of hardware that had to be replaced and the installers took care of it. I would recommend Closet Factory.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Closet Factory

Hi Marie, thanks for sharing your Closet Factory experience! Flexibility is key is creating something that's truly custom. We're happy to hear that you appreciated our wide-range of colors, materials, and accessory options. We're even happier to hear that you and your designer hit it off! Collaborating with a designer that you gel with really takes the stress out of a home improvement project. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your review!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I saw Closet Factory at a home show at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and I liked the way they looked. I also liked the flexibility of being able to pick out what I needed. There were a lot of different options, too. I had Closet Factory install two full-length shoe racks that had mirror doors on them. I also got a whole cabinet that has two laundry bags at the bottom, and two full shelves that are for jewelry. I also had eight places to hang gowns and dresses on.

The designer was so sweet and easy to work with. She offered a lot of suggestions and was really easy to talk to. She was very thorough and made sure to measure everything and that it would work. And she worked with me in making sure that we utilized every aspect of the space. She was also very knowledgeable and helpful. Plus, the installation was great and there were no issues. They came in, did it, and didn’t leave a mess. It was all cleaned up and neatly put together. The install has held up, so it's pretty good. I also had them redo the pantry in my kitchen because I liked the design that the designer had done in my closet.

Closet Factory

Hi Virginia, thanks for the glowing review! We're happy to hear that you were satisfied with the design and installation of your custom closet. Having an organizational system tailored specifically to your space and wardrobe is pretty life-changing, isn't it? Thanks again!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We went to a home show in Augusta, Georgia and Closet Factory had a booth set up. We liked what they demonstrated and the person that was explaining stuff was very knowledgeable. Our designer was the same person who was at the home show. She knew what she was doing and she also had suggestions on what would work as far as the layout of the closet. She took all the measurements and everything fit when the company came and brought it in. The installation people were very efficient. They were on time and everything went along very smoothly and I’m satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had Closet Factory do some work for us twice and we had a great experience with them. First, they did our master bedroom closet, then we had them put floor-to-ceiling shelves in our small bedroom that we use as an office and computer room, and also for storage. We had a Valpak coupon for the first job. The designer, Laurie, is a nice lady and she was wonderful and great at her job. We clicked and I liked her. This time around, our installation experience was perfect. The installer came early, had the job done in no time, and left some of the extra, little pegs for me if I wanted to move some shelves around in the master bedroom closet, and that was great. I've moved some handbags and shoes around and I've ordered three more shelves. All in all, Closet Factory was good and I’d advise anybody to use them.

I’d recommend Closet Factory. They did everything right the first time and we’re very happy with our new closets. I saw their ad on a newspaper and they had a location that was close to my house. With my husband, I went into the showroom. The receptionist was very receptive and cooperative. We liked what we saw, so the reps from Closet Factory set up an appointment right away for someone to come out to look at our closet and give us an estimate.

Their designer was very nice. She was very informative and she answered our questions. She was also very helpful as far as making suggestions when she saw what we had to work with and what we wanted to do. She made sure that we got what we’re looking for as well. We’re happy with the installers’ service too. My husband felt comfortable with what they were doing. They came within the timeframe window that they had given us, did their job, and cleaned up after themselves.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A combination of the price and good reviews made me choose Closet Factory and the designer did a good job on the four closets and office setup that they did. We needed follow-up appointments with the installation team where one was because the shelf wasn’t cut properly in the office, but they came through with that and they were good. We’ve referred Closet Factory tons of times to the people in our neighborhood.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a master closet and an office built-in shelving put in with cabinets and base installed by Closet Factory. Mostly 'cause of the price point and the quality, we chose them over other closet companies. We had a great dealing with Chelsea, the designer that we worked with. Other companies we talked to, like California Closets, were randomly got into the closet business and they don't really have a background. But Chelsea had a great design background so she was passionate and I can see that through her communication with us, that's why I like her. Then their installer was very professional and keen on mess but he was quiet and I didn't notice he was there most of the time.

Hi Andrew,

We’re delighted to read your feedback about your custom closets! Thank you for taking time to share your story with others. We aim to provide a comfortable, collaborative design experience and the perfect custom storage solution for each and every client we work with.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

My wife found out about Closet Factory through the town Facebook page and we knew a few people in the town that used them and were happy. Closet Factory was easy to deal with. We didn't want to go out and get five different quotes unless they came back with a reasonable pricing, which they did. We had a closet system installed into our bedroom closet and we also had a second unit put into another closet in our family room downstairs. The designer was helpful and had answers for us if we had any questions. Also, the installers came the day they said they would come and they were on time. It was a great experience. The people were friendly, good customer service. If we have any needs to build out any closet space or any kind of organizational type of stuff, we would go back to them.

Closet Factory

Hi Theresa, thanks for taking the time to review us! We're glad to hear that you're happy with your custom kitchen pantry and closets. You were right to choose local! Everything we create is designed and manufactured using locally-sourced materials, so you know you're getting a quality product in a timely manner. Thanks again!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I had a good experience with Closet Factory. They were local, so I decided to go with them over other closet companies. Their designer came to the house and helped me design three areas. She was friendly and knowledgeable about their products. I had a pantry and two closets installed, which also went well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The entire process from scheduling design appointment to installation went very smooth. Designer took time to listen to what we were looking for and translated our thoughts into a viable plan. The selection of material and price ranges were good. The installer arrived on time and did a very good job completing the job and cleaning up. I would recommend Closet Factory of Lexington SC.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an awesome experience with Closet Factory and I would definitely recommend them. I had another closet company before and I didn’t care for them. I knew about Closet Factory from the home magazines I get. Their designer was wonderful and very personable. She gave me the dos and don’ts and the ins and outs. She did some sales talk but in such a nice, pleasant and subtle way. She wasn’t pushy, which I like because I don’t like when people come in and say they have a better product than everybody else. When the installer came in, he went right to work. He cleaned up after himself too. I had two basic closets installed and they’re wonderful, so I’m very happy. If I decide to do the garage, I would definitely call Closet Factory.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Closet Factory and somebody came to the house and went through all the products. Pricing was an important factor in our decision-making and they had better pricing than others. We had the closet done in the master bedroom and in the two other smaller bedrooms. It was a walk-in closet. The designer was very nice and very understanding to what our needs were and designed it in front of us. She went back, tweaked it, and sent it back to us, even made changes whenever we needed to and made sure that we maximized the space. It was a very pleasant interaction.

Installation was fairly simple. They came in the morning, worked all day, worked very well and neatly. They cleaned, finished up and they left in the evening and it was a pretty seamless process. We did the master bedroom first and a few months later called back to do the other two bedrooms. Everything went well and there was no need for anyone to come back. The designer came back to take a look just to make sure that everything was what we had spoken about which was a good thing. They all did a good job and we were just happy with the work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend's recommendation led me to get Closet Factory to do my laundry room and closet. Their designer and installers were good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve seen Closet Factory all over the place and we liked what they had to offer. Their designer was great, nice and super friendly. However, she had us purchase things that didn’t work. There were a couple of items that she had designed for us which we thought would be great. But when the layout was done and the installer came, there was an issue with the side cooling. There wasn’t any studs where the designer placed to hang them. The side cooling couldn’t be restocked too, so it was a pain and it seemed that the designer didn’t know the product that well.

The installation went fine, though, and the installer was very friendly and nice. But it felt like he and the designer should have reviewed the project together before they purchased things because they couldn’t be returned. I’d still recommend Closet Factory. Everybody from this company worked well with us. People have seen the project and they think it’s awesome. We’ve told them who we had it done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to get Closet Factory fliers all the time in Charlotte and when I moved to Westville, South Carolina, my mom’s closet was not equipped with enough space that I needed, so I called Closet Factory back in Charlotte and then they gave me somebody in Spartanburg, but then they didn’t want to come this close. They told me that the demand and supply are not a high value in the rural area, so they don’t come out. A lady on the phone was nice enough and told me about somebody over in Lexington, South Carolina that would do my area.

I finally got somebody over in Lexington and they sent Noel, the designer. She was a sweetheart and a very people person. She was very knowledgeable and had all the information on hand for me. Since I had a flier from Closet Factory out of Charlotte, I showed her what I wanted. I got discouraged a little bit because it offered a coupon, and it was $200 off of your closet, but then they wouldn’t let me use it, which I thought wasn’t right because it was not my fault that the people at Charlotte didn’t come do it. When I found somebody to do it, I felt like I could use the coupon but they wouldn’t let me use it. But then she said that she would kind of work with it.

Noel had all her materials and she showed me slides. I told her what I was looking for because I needed more drawers than a lot of space and shelving. So she drew it up to show me on her computer and it worked out perfectly. I had a closet made in a bedroom. It was like a big and long double walk-in closet but it’s separated by a partition. I showed pictures of the closet and people really like it. The guy that came out to install it was really professional. He was a young guy but he really knew his work, and he has passion about it. My mom was very pleased with him and Noel too. I'd recommend Closet Factory.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They were prompt to respond and were very quick to schedule an appointment for the layout and initial consultation. Plus they came back with the layout very quickly. We did a closet and a wall of cabinets, as well as a Murphy bed. We also did a desk area for my kids. We had an idea of what we wanted and the designer helped us refine it. She had some good ideas as well, and she was very quick. There was a lot of back and forth and we really liked our experience.

The installation was fantastic too. They came when they said they would. We had some other construction going on, and they were flexible in terms of accommodating my contractor's schedule. However, in the design that we got, the desktop was not very big so we called them back. We went back and forth on how we could get a new desktop at a reasonable price and they did such a fantastic job of addressing that. I'm doing a lot of remodeling right now and this was, by far, the best experience I've had with a contractor. They tell you exactly what you're going to get. They're on time, flexible, responsive, and work with you. They exceeded a lot of my expectations and I’ve already recommended them

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We called Closet Factory and we got an immediate response. We had them install shelves and drawers in the garage for organizing. Their designer was very informative and positive. The installers had the work done in a day and they cleaned up. I really liked my experience, it was excellent. If I need to do it again, I'll call Closet Factory up.

Resolution In Progress

Closet Factory

Rebecca, Thank you for providing feedback about your closet. We appreciate the opportunity to improve our client experience. Drawers can be designed deep for a variety of reasons. Contact your designer and ask about our drawer dividers!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We had Closet Factory install a closet for us. The designer was all right and fair. They said that two guys will do the installation but only one came. However, he was very good. But we're really unhappy with the drawers because they are so deep and we didn't realize that they would be that way. My mom is mostly blind and she can't see into the drawers because they're so deep. They're suitable for use only for things like thick sweaters. Maybe something can be inserted into the drawers so we can get more use out of them. Despite this, however, we had a pleasant experience with Closet Factory.

Closet Factory

Thank you, Gregory! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. We’re happy to hear that we were able to provide a positive experience for your four new custom closets, from the initial designs through your finished installations.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We were happy with the salesperson of Closet Factory and the products that they offered and the price as well. We had four main bedroom custom closets installed by them and they were very pleasant. Their designer was very helpful, always answered the phone and gave great suggestions. And she was very easy to work with too. Installation was also quick, seamless and fast. They were efficient and I had no complaints. Positive experience overall.

Resolution In Progress

Closet Factory

Tereza, when our clients are unhappy, we’re unhappy. Let us make it up to you! A representative from your local Closet Factory will be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I wanted to try something different since I’ve always used California Closets so when I had my laundry room redone, I let Closet Factory install the cabinets. While the designer they sent was very nice and fairly knowledgeable, I found the software they use for visualization very weak compared to California Closets. That would be something they can improve on from the sales process.

Also, the installer didn't have a 3D view of what he will install and I had to be there to explain how it worked. Then the quality of the material itself was not to the extent I was expecting. There was a follow-up after the initial installation because the way the first guy from installed the door did not work. It might have been the flaw in the way the drawing came to him. The gentleman that came afterward saw the mistake so he had to install it a different way. Overall, the software they use impacted the whole experience. While the drawing was fine, its quality was so poor. I will not buy from Closet Factory again.

Closet Factory

Great review, Sonia! We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We’re so glad to hear that your experience at the showroom and working with a designer resulted in a space you're proud to show off!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

When we first went into the Closet Factory showroom, the reps were busy but they told us they would be right with us. They were very personable and they offered water. Then we sat and told them what we wanted. They put us on the calendar right away and within that hour, I got a phone call from the person that was going to come out. She was very cordial and nice. I told her what I wanted, what we needed and the space that we had and she did everything. And then the installer was very clean and thorough. The installation didn't take as long as the time that I thought so the experience, all around, was good. We're very happy with the work and the people that we worked with and I showed it off to a lot of members of our family. I also want to get a couple more shelves in there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a closet installed by Closet Factory and I've had a terrific experience with them. I was happy with the sales person, the quality of the product and the price. We met with the Closet Factory designer a few times and he was extremely helpful, friendly and warm. When the installers came to my house, they were meticulous, clean and they made sure that the job was put in at 100%. I’m very satisfied with Closet Factory. They gave us a product that we're looking for and were conscientious about doing it properly from beginning to end. I would recommend Closet Factory to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marion was a very good Closet Factory salesman. He made several trips back and forth as decisions would change or rearrange and he was accommodating. We were confident in his approach and we also liked the product. We had four closets and shelving units installed in four different rooms and they turned out great. Closet Factory did a really good job and I certainly appreciated it. It was a great experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a Closet Factory in our neighborhood and they're close to our house so that's a huge thing why I chose to get shelves and drawers in our kid's rooms and a closet from them. The installation crew was really good. My wife was there with them and everything went fine. We've had a bunch of work done so we're used to it and knew what we wanted. We'll use them again when we do our upper level and when we redo our master bedroom.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory has done several closets for us throughout the years at a couple of different residences. We get good pricing and good customer service from the Closet Factory group here in Little Rock. We had them install standard closets with the melamine finish and bronze hardware. It's a good product and it holds up well.

We get the same individual that does the layout. They listen to us and incorporate our ideas with what they would recommend and they've given us a good solution for the different closet sizes and dimensions and things that we have to work on. Also, the installation team was very professional and they cleaned up after themselves. We've dealt with contractors in the past where we ended up having to do some clean up behind them but that's not the case with this group. They did a good job and they also did a follow-up appointment. They had a plastic section that needed to be re-glued but they came out and responded quickly. Overall, it's been a very positive experience and I would consider Closet Factory again in the future.

The designer from Closet Factory was wonderful. She came out, had her computer, displayed what she thought would work and then sent us additional photos. We looked at them and we were able to fine tune it. I got a little nervous so I went down to the showroom and she went over everything again. It was her one-on-one service that did it and kept us focused in doing what we wanted to do. She also didn't try to sell us everything. I got what I wanted and needed. When I wanted the baskets for the laundry, she was very good at finding the right size for me and putting it in the right place. With California Closets, the rep didn't show anything and what she did was very unprofessional. She sent us all these pictures and we didn't understand what she was sending. Also, the quote I got from them was a little higher but the evaluation was so haphazard.

Overall, Closet Factory was very efficient with our time and they're cost-effective. We got a closet with style and I like that it's very tailored and accessible. Everything about the installation process was wonderful and the installer was absolutely meticulous. We had a couple adjustments on the shelving for where my husband's shoes were. We realized that we could fit X amount of shoes across and we didn't need it as high between each shelf. So, we worked more shelving and they were very timely with getting that done and that worked out perfect.

Closet Factory Company Profile