4.79/5
Based on 626 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

Closet Factory Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

708 Closet Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

A friend of mine has a daughter who used Closet Factory and he said they did a nice job for them. I called the company and they were easy to get ahold of and were responsive. Their designer was also great, sharp and easy to deal with. She was a nice young woman who people would enjoy working with. The guys who did the installation in our master, bedroom closet and laundry room were nice, smart and sober too. They have no dramas. Everything turned out just as promised and it was a very good experience with Closet Factory. When the next project comes up, Closet Factory would be the first one I'd call.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 21, 2018

One of my coworkers had some work done by Closet Factory. She highly recommended them and the work looked super in her house. I had them do a pantry for me and it’s a relatively big one. It’s super functional and now everything has a place. When their designer came out, she was friendly, knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, designed something within my budget, and really took good care of me. Then, when the guys came in for the installation, they worked to completion and cleaned up everything. It was like they were never there. Then they gave me a little tour as to what I got and how I could remove or redesign a little bit some of the shelves. I would consider myself a satisfied customer who would highly recommend Closet Factory to all my friends and family.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We had a good experience with Closet Factory. When we did some research, we heard positive things about them. The first time we had them was eight years ago. We were pleased with their customer service and their thoroughness that time, so when we were flooded and got 5 feet of water in our whole house, we had them come back and redo the master closet. We also made some changes to make it a little more cost effective for us. Julie, our closet designer, was great and very personable. Their installation team was also good. They were thorough and they left everything complete.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I used Closet Factory 15 years ago. They did all of my master closets and guest closets in my kid's rooms and they did a fabulous job. That's why I'm a repeat customer. Also, I really like Harris, the owner. He is always on time and always addresses what you were looking for. He doesn't try to upsell you and that's why I called them. They're very punctual and they manage Closet Factory like a business. It is a business and they take it seriously.

I had three things done. I had closet done in my guest bedroom. Also, I had a tower created with a light over my son's bed, so that he could put his basketball trophies on top. It was easy but we had to think outside the box and they did a beautiful job because it wasn't a usual thing. And then I had cabinets installed in the garage. The designer was great. She had tons of great ideas and was very knowledgeable about what works and what didn't. Also, she was constantly concerned, always tried to maximize my dollar. "Hey, Karen, you might think about this and this because this is more cost-effective." She came and looked at the final product and made sure I was happy. And then, I had no problems with the installation team. They were efficient. They vacuumed and took all their stuff out of the house when they were done and cleaned up. I will continue to use Closet Factory again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

When my husband was going to get a closet done because our other one was falling apart, he talked to two other people and they were highly pleased with Closet Factory. That is why we went ahead with them because other people had good experiences. Furthermore, their representative was responsive. He came right away and spent a lot of time with me. Even though he didn’t understand what I was going for since I have a lot of shoes and I needed a shoe safe that was adjustable, after a while we both got on the same page and he worked with me. He was very patient. The person who did the whole interior of the 7x3-foot deep closet was super clean and was really nice. He did the job and was great. So far, I've recommended Closet Factory to at least four people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: April 20, 2018

I had two custom closets in the master bedroom and the guest bedroom done by Closet Factory. Their designer was great. She laid out everything for me, helped me work and design it, and made some changes I requested. The installation was great too. The installer did an excellent job. He was here most of the day and he cleaned up after himself. The installation went quite well. The designer came back to look at it and make sure I was pleased. I would recommend Closet Factory. In fact, I've just given my designer's name to two friends.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Closet Factory was local to me and their quotes are reasonable. I also could get the job done sooner than the other place would have. The consultant was helpful and the installation experience was fine. The job was quick and efficient. Everything was smooth. I’d pray for my friends to get a quote and I think that they would be satisfied with Closet Factory.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had some work done by Closet Factory about three years ago and I was very pleased with that, so I called them back. I had them work on my master bedroom closet and in another bedroom, I had a bookcase installed which I really love. The designer was very professional and knowledgeable, and he came out with a beautiful plan. The installers were also very pleasant and were good to work with. Plus, they cleaned up everything in my house. Everything was done correctly the first time. My experience was very positive and I will use Closet Factory again in the future.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The person from Closet Factory that was taking the measurements, although he was hesitant, worked us in and came out to do the measurements on the weekend and he was the quickest to get us a bid back. The other companies that we tried to deal with were always difficult about coming after business hours or on the weekend. We had Closet Factory install a closet in a master closet. The only thing that was odd about the installation was that one person ended up doing it. They required us two days to reserve for him to do the installation but he was done in half a day on both days. He left by 1:00 on both times. That was a little frustrating because we had had to take off time from work and there was still extra hours in the day. Nevertheless, he was fine and he wasn't in my husband's way at all.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I like the salesperson at Closet Factory. She had a lot of experience. The designer was very creative, very technical, and very smart too. We did four standard closets and the installation went well. The whole project took about eight weeks to complete. It was a good job for the price and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I had a great experience with Closet Factory. We wanted our closet done and they had a coupon in one of our magazines in the area. I got two other estimates from other companies and the price range was very similar, but the design and the quality of Closet factory's layout were much better. Lori was our salesperson and she was fabulous. She was friendly, knowledgeable and was pleasant to deal with. With the other estimates that we had, we had people come in and they were very salesperson-y. I liked Lori better. She asked the right questions, really listened and redesigned with what we needed.

They came in and they knew what to measure for, they counted the number of shoes. They seemed more to personalize what we needed versus just a standard closet. We had them do the whole closet, shelves, and hanging areas. We had a big master closet and there is a husband section and my section too. And we didn’t even know the installers were there. They did it all in one day and wiped everything down which I thought was just the extra added niceness that that company did. They really cleaned it all and made everything looked nice and new. They made sure that everything worked and they walked in with me and made sure that I answered any questions.

On the cabinets, we had these glass window doors and from the moment they came in, they said that the ones that were ordered were backward according to the layout of our cabinet. They already knew that they had put in the order and it would be there four days later. And sure enough, four days later, they were back in my house and installed them. From start to finish, it was exactly the way that they had said it would be. I'm really happy with everything all around. I liked the pleasantness of the people that they brought in, the quality of their work, and the quality of the installation.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We attended a home show and the representative from Closet Factory, Linda, was there. We liked her demeanor and the way that she presented the product. Also, we saw that their product was a good quality for the price point. That was the first company that we had looked at and we were pleased enough that we just went with them. They did our master closet. Our closet designer had another idea than what we originally did which worked out better. She was the expert and she was also conscious of our budget which we appreciated being retired. We liked her.

One guy did the installation and he worked at triple speed. He worked hard and cleaned everything up. I was very comfortable with him in the house. Everything was completed properly the first time. The designer checked back with us to make sure that we were happy and everything was good. If I decide to do the pantry, I will be calling them again. I would tell others to go ahead and meet with them too.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We've worked with Closet Factory about six years ago on our son's closet and we got them again to install a closet in one of the bedrooms. The designer we spoke to was knowledgeable and seemed to know what she was doing. However, it would've been better if we were aware of what the designers are capable of doing. There was a little bit of back and forth with what we wanted and what she said they could do and then ultimately what was possible. But it worked out so it was fine. The installation went fine and the room was very clean when I got home. Almost all the stuff is there now. They installed a laundry basket but they did not leave us the cloth basket insert. We still haven't gotten it and I need to call them about that.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I saw Closet Factory on Facebook, and I liked the Closet Factory owner's page. I sent him an email and asked him if he works in Florida because it's a legitimate question whether they are licensed to or not. I just had knee surgery so I asked that they call me back after the 1st of the year. Then about three or four days later, a rep called and she was very friendly and very nice. So, wonderful follow-up. We had gone to Atlanta and went into The Container Store and looked around there and saw this closet. My wife said we needed to do that and I said I've already reached out to somebody. So we got Closet Factory over here and got an estimate. When I called them back, the girl that answered the phone knew who I was and remembered talking to me. She got Becky, their designer, come over.

The degree of professionalism and input and knowledge, and the ability to show the CAD designing or at least the thought of it which we had no idea what we wanted to do were a few of the main selling features of Closet Factory. I had an idea in my head of what it would cost and I'm sure I could always shop and find it for less, or maybe not. But because of the way everything went, the price was okay. So, in the suggestions that Becky made, we went with all of them. Then, there was a couple of shelves that we thought should have been there. They came back out and installed those. I don't think they even charged us for them, so it was a good experience.

But I'm a hoarder, and the actual installation itself sucked. It was the worst thing in the world. But Becky sent the racks out to us to put our stuff in, which made it really easy. And she offered a person that does closet organization, which we would have hired. We were going out of town and our schedules didn't meet up exactly and we figured we'd do the organizing ourselves. But she offered a few suggestions in regard to "If you haven't touched it in two to three years, you're probably never going to." We shop a lot and so we continue to put stuff in, but we don't take stuff out. Organizing the closet was difficult but the rest of the installation was seamless. The installers cleaned up after themselves, which I'm a real stickler for. It was a two-day deal and they were in and out. They knew what they did and everything else and we were very happy with our installation.

Closet Factory offered somebody to come in, pull all our shelves out, take those back, and paint the holes. But we have a guy that does stuff for us and we just had him do it. But it was nice for Closet Factory to offer somebody to do that, so the main thing is they thought about it every step of the way. The closet that we had installed was not cheap and it was not a huge closet. Closets in our old house were like a house. But it's 10 grand for a small closet with Closet Factory. So, when you've got a situation like that, you've got to take care of the people that you're dealing with. Otherwise, your business won't flourish. So, we were very, very happy with them and we already have told people to call Closet Factory.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I decided to go with Closet Factory after the first meeting with their sales consultant because of the information that she provided. I had a good experience throughout the whole sales presentation and delivery of the product. The interactions I had with their designers were awesome too. My installations experience was very well as well. It was awesome. However, I’ve booked a follow up appointment to look at some jewelry drawers that need a little tweaking. Still, I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Closet Factory is worth looking at. We were looking to do something with our closet and Closet Factory was one of the companies that we considered based on what we saw online. We considered the time frame that the closet could be installed and although Closet Factory was not the least expensive of our choices, we felt it was overall a good value. The designer came to the house and did the design for our master closet. We also met her up at the site they have here to see some of the installed products to get a better idea. She was easy to work with. The installers did a good job and they spoke English which was always a good thing in our area. The master closet was all done in one day.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We got a couple of different estimates and prices for the quality and cost of a closet organizer, and we selected Closet Factory. It was for our master bedroom closet and Thomas, the designer was very good on the design, in sending us what the design looked like online, and making modifications to the design to meet our needs. However, he said that one of the alarm boxes that we had in our closet was worthless. We had two alarm boxes there, one that was there when the house was built and one that ADT alarm services had put in a number of years ago. He said that one of them would impact our storage and it would be easier for the installers if this obsolete box was removed. He also said that since he had been in the business for 10 years, he'd like to remove the box for us, and we agreed.

When he began to open this box up where there was a whole series of wires, I asked if he was sure that he knew what he was doing and he answered yes. Then he started clipping wires. When I went out to check the alarm box by the front door, the panel was all taped up and covered. So, I got to my mobile app and saw a warning that nine functions were discontinued. Long story short, he annihilated my home alarm system. I had to have ADT come out for $635 and fix the damage that he had done to it. The technician had to match a wire to a door or a window then proceed to do that methodically throughout the whole house. He was here for five hours doing that and I was very displeased with Closet Factory's rep. He had good intentions but he didn't know what he was doing.

However, Closet Factory made it right in that the cost that I had to pay for the alarm system to be repaired was offset in the bill. The installers who came out also did a great job. The product was of good quality and the cost was reasonable. However, Closet Factory needs to stick to their core competency. They shouldn't go out and branch off something that they don't know what they're doing.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I Googled and Closet Factory had a perfect 5-star rating. If they haven't been 5 stars, I would have probably try to look for others. The designer was energetic, very thorough, and experienced. I had shelving, the long rod, and then double stacking rod for shirts and shorts in the master closet in the master bathroom. The installers were a few gentlemen who were extremely friendly and fun. When we took down our old closet racks they filled them in and caulked them which was really nice. We were gonna do that, but they did it anyway for us.

They got it done in about two hours less than what was quoted before they got there so that was pretty awesome. Eventually, when we save up more money, we will hire Closet Factory to come back out. And I would stress if I could have the same gentlemen just because they live near the area and they did a really fantastic job. I had a showing of my house and I told everyone that if they needed any work done on a closet, they should call no one but Closet Factory.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We had Closet Factory do some closets when we lived in Virginia Beach and we had them again do some more closets. I told the designer what I wanted and then she listened and did it. She was here for hours and did good customer service. It just took her a while to get through the program and so some training on the software could be good. Also, she didn't have anything else to suggest. I guess because I knew what I wanted, she never said, "Well, maybe if we try it this way..." The installation went well and team was very polite. And I really like the product. However, they could still improve on their clean up. They cleaned up a little bit, but it wasn't completely cleaned like the top-top shelf was still dusty. And then the deep shelves were still not completely cleaned.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I liked Closet Factory's level of professionalism and design services that were offered with innovative solutions. The designer, Danielle, came to the house and was very timely and professional. She was extremely put together and articulate. She sat down and understood what we needed then took that back and came up with some designs. It was pretty impressive and she really was awesome.

The installation was absolutely flawless too. The team was in and out like they’d gone SWAT team and you would never have known they were there other than the fact that things were complete. And it looked amazing. There were some really cool things that we were able to do with our pantry with the products that Closet Factory offered, like a butcher block countertop. We had closets done as well, but the pantry was what really set us off in a good way. Everything was also also done right the first time. Closet Factory was absolutely excellent and they’re far superior to competitors in the marketplace.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I was doing some work in the local area and I saw the Closet Factory office. Everybody there was extremely helpful. Also, I liked how Rachel, my designer, took care of us. She’s very thorough, sweet and very accommodating. She comes out to the site and was very pleasant any time that we had meetings in the office. And when she said that the product was gonna be in, she was right on. She kept me up-to-date with everything. She checked up on the project to make sure that our dates are lining appropriately. I would highly recommend Closet Factory to somebody else. The product seems great. I'd tell a friend to check it out and come to my house and look at the actual product.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I had a great installation experience with Closet Factory. The people they sent out were good and they have been very nice to me. I liked Cindy. She's one of the owners and I liked her product. She had sent somebody else to come out, but since I had already measured everything because I was gonna design and build one myself, the designer used my measurements. What happened, however, was my husband’s clothes were much longer than I had measured so we had to do some rearranging. And my husband isn't 100% satisfied because of that. While I should have been more proactive, the designer should have taken his own measurement. Mine was rough after all.

Other than that, after I was able to adjust myself to fit more things than I thought I could and I wanted to do this whole makeup and jewelry section, I found a coupon that Cindy had given me at the home show and it hadn't been taken into account when I had ordered my closet. When I called back and wanted these extra items - $400 for more shelving and two drawers they gave them to me for free.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We bought a condo and we wanted to get the closet made more efficient. We were not familiar with the area where we are located in Summerton so, we looked up places that would work. Then we happened to go to a home show in Columbia where Closet Factory was one of the vendors and the gal that we dealt with was very nice and personable. She listened to what we were looking for and made it easy to figure out what we wanted. The closet they installed for us seems to be really good quality and substantial. The gentleman that did the installation was super nice, efficient, and very tidy. He also asked, as he was working, if there were any modifications we wanted. There were a couple of extra rods we had put on and he had some suggestions for some other things, so it went very smoothly. He did an excellent job and was easy to deal with. He cleaned up after himself, too.

All in all, Cloet Factory seemed to be right on time with any appointments and they would make sure and call us if there were any other questions. The designer also double checked a couple of different times to make sure everything was on track with what the installer was doing and that the installation was going very smoothly. We would recommend them and we would tell others that our experience with them was really good and that the product worked out really well for us.

Original review: April 13, 2018

The closet companies were all kind of the same and I went with Closet Factory more for the personality of the person I was dealing with, Missy. She had more questions than some of the other places that were just kind of standing around and not too curious about what my project was. And they all seem to be tossing around the same price.

We had the master closets done in a new construction home. My husband is an architect and that was the only one that I wanted to spend any extra money on. Missy came out and met us at the site, took measurements of the closet, and sketched out her thought. Then, she wanted to get her husband's input because he's a cabinet maker as well. We have curved walls, so she talked to him and got back to us with a quote and the design plan. We agreed to it and they made and installed it. My general contractor was there during the installation and he said the guy was really nice. The only thing is, I love to see custom closets more than modular but they're all modular. But my experience was good. It's an expensive way to go, but with custom closets, Closet Factory is who I can work with.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I saw a Closet Factory advertisement and then I got them to install closet shelving in a bedroom at home. The quality of the design was very nice. I worked with Georgia and she was wonderful. The installers also did a very nice job and they were very clean. And, the installation was a quick and easy. It was a great experience. I would recommend Closet Factory as well as Georgia because she was great.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I went to a home show to see Closet Factory and another closet installer. I spoke to both of them and Closet Factory was the only one that returned my phone call. I didn't have time to pursue a lot of people because we were trying to move into the house and wanted to have that done before we moved in. Our designer was Danielle and she was very good, quick, and responsive to my questions. She met us at the house before all the sheetrock had been hung up. We went through everything we want to discuss about the closets. She came up with a rough idea of how the closet should be laid out. After all the sheetrock and trim work was done, she came back and measured everything and had to reconfigure her designs. And once she came up with a final design we accepted, she emailed us a copy of it and worked from there.

We had a 9 by 12 installed in the master bedroom closet, two walls of the closet area with hanging rods, one set of drawers and shelves put in, and another set at the very end of the closets for shoes. The young man that did the install and the closets did a fairly decent job. There were a few issues that haven't been dealt with yet about Closet Factory. Like there is a hole in the wall where it looks like he slipped, poked, and a screwdriver went through where he cut the baseboard trim. Also, one of the walls had pulled up and the paper of the sheet popped off, one of the boards that they had laminated for the bottom part of the closet is missing about six inches of the lamination on the edge, and the edge of one of the filler boards that they use between the main wall in the closet is all chipped and scratched up.

It's not detrimental and the only one that I really want repaired is where it's missing the laminate on the wood. Other than that, we haven't had any problems. Danielle had called me and left a message trying to follow up with the job and with us trying to get everything moved into the house and the way work has been going.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I would recommend Closet Factory. I had them install two closets in a bedroom and I had a wonderful experience with my rep and with the installation. I came with some drawings of some ideas and emailed those to the designer. Then, when we met, she had a drawing and had some other suggestions that were very good. We agreed right then that we would do it and we gave her a deposit. The installer who came was great as well. He was efficient, personable, professional and clean. He did a great job.

Original review: April 11, 2018

My wife is very happy with her closet from Closet Factory. They were more professional than other companies. In addition to that, they gave us only one estimate.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Closet Factory advertises a lot on TV and I saw them. I liked what I saw and had them come out. I was impressed with the presentation and what they were gonna do so, we just went with them. The designer came and I explained to her what I wanted. She drew up the design and we made a few little changes and things. It was exactly what I was looking for so we said it was a go. They installed cabinetry in the family room and the installation was great. One man did it bu himself in a day and a half. It was fantastic. This was my first experience and it was a very excellent experience.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I found out about Closet Factory through the designer, and everything was perfect. There was one little problem and they corrected it the next day or two. I'm very satisfied and I couldn't be more pleased. I would recommend it.

Closet Factory expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet Factory has been customizing closet systems for homeowners for over two decades. They can also help you develop an organizational system for your home office, garage, pantry and more.

• Organizational guides: Perfect for those who don’t know where to start, Closet Factory has over a dozen free downloadable organizational guides that cover topics related to home organization.

• Free consultation: Schedule a free consultation with a designer to start the process of turning your closet into an organized space. Simply fill out a form online.

• National company: There are 45 Closet Factory locations nationwide, so there is a good chance you can find one near you. Check their website to find out where they are located.

• Design board: Pin design ideas you love from the Closet Factory website to your personal Closet Factory design board. You can share your board on your social media sites or print it out.

• Blog: Find more inspirational ideas, tips and articles on Closet Factory’s blog. Topics include fashion, crafts, closets and organization.

• Best for: Closet Factory is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs