Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We created new areas in our house. We talked with companies and the salesperson from Closet Factory was professional and we like their presentation. I also felt we could get more value from the Closet Factory than others, so we went with them. The designer was very nice, very professional and knowledgeable. My wife was well pleased and that's what I was looking for. The installation was beautiful and took one day on each of the areas constructed. One installer did his thing and knew what he was doing.

We took a small two-door like pantry on the side of the kitchen and tore that out through wall - the body one. We had two small closet and one big one. We also had a stairwell that came from the garage entrance up to the second floor equals the bonus room. So we sealed off that stairway and created like a pantry with the entrance from the old stairway was with the cabinets and built-ins in there. It's a fairly narrow space but they gave us sight and a lot more storage space than what we had. We extended that laundry room across where the old stairwell was, put in a window and they did all the cabinets in there and made a really nice laundry room. It makes a nice one for my wife.

They also did a full wall closet in my son's room - the bonus room. Those bonus rooms didn't have a closet or a drawer when they built the house in '88. We made that room more of a bedroom living room type for him. There was one of two things that we had missed and we wanted to add, so they added it. Everybody's pleased with Closet Factory so, I'm pleased, too.

Closet Factory

Hi Jeff, thanks so much for taking the time to leave this awesome review! We're so glad that you ended up with a master closet design that you love, and hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: July 20, 2017

When I bought the house I got inundated with every possible maker of custom closets. We had done something with California Closets previously so they’ve bid on it, but then we also contacted other folks and got four estimates. The quotes were so comparable and it was a matter of which way I want to go. But there were a couple of features of the Closet Factory design that we liked better and they had beveled corners as opposed to sharp corners and it was a little more appealing. Also, some people came out and took measurements but we never heard from them again.

But the gal from Closet Factory came out, did the measurements and I talked to her about what I wanted plus I had pictures of what our old closet looked like. This is the new master bedroom closet and she configured it out on her laptop and showed me. We made some little adjustments to it but I liked it and it was cool. Then the young man that came out and installed knew what he was doing and did a good job. I was very satisfied with the experience.

Closet Factory

We appreciate your feedback, Liz! We aim to provide the best collaborative design experience and expert installation for our clients!

Original review: July 19, 2017

The Closet Factory was highly recommended. Their designer was very quick, efficient and pleasant. She worked with me for less than an hour and told me what my options were. And then she got back to me with a price within 24 hours, and then we went with it and had them install a tricky little closet in a bedroom. Their installers were early and they got it done very efficiently. They’re not the cheapest option, but they were readily available and they have a very good quality product, so I’m confident in it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We solicited several companies who did several different things but I was not particularly aware of Closet Factory up to that point in time. They were advertised in a brochure that circulates here periodically and I liked their price and quality over other companies so I went with them. I got 2 estimates. The designer was tops and the installation crew were good guys and we got along fine. I wish we had found Closet Factory sooner because we had another company do some stuff in the garage and with Closet Factory, the quality would've been pretty close to being equal but the price has been a little more fair. Overall, it's been a very positive experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a Closet Factory flyer in the mailbox and their price made us choose them to do two areas, a pantry and master bedroom closet. We didn’t know what we wanted but the designer was able to help and guide us through stuff that would and wouldn’t work. She had the experience of trying this and that, and knew what doesn’t work. We had an outstanding interaction, and the design worked out well. We then had a gentleman do the install. We had them done at different times and the same gentleman came both times. He was courteous, very professional and answered all the questions. They took everything out then started over and it was fabulous. Although there was a minor adjustment that I had noticed, it was taken care of on the same day. Closet Factory will come highly recommended.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had two closet companies come out to do a design and a bid. We preferred the design and bid of Closet Factory and so we went with them. We did two walk-in closets and we had them install hangers, shelving, and drawers in both closets. Interacting with their designer was a very easy process. They knocked out the installation in one day and it was nicely done. Closet Factory also had good follow through. If we were a little tardy getting back with our opinions and ideas, they knew how to gently match things back on line. We're happy and we would definitely recommend Closet Factory.

Closet Factory

Hi Veronica, we’re delighted to read your feedback about working with your designer! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We aim to provide the perfect closet design for each and every client!

Original review: July 17, 2017

My husband and I found Closet Factory online. We had a brand new house and were interested in getting a closet built in the master. Closet Factory was the first to respond. We heard back from them within a day or two. And then we heard from another company two weeks later so we told them we had already scheduled and set something up with someone else.

The designer’s name was Lisa and she was timely and very personable. She came in and spent as much time as we needed going through different options. She was very detailed. She measured the closet, set everything up on the computer and went through different options with us. She was also very friendly, professional, and followed up with us and set up everything in a way that it actually happened. Everything ran very smoothly. She had a good handle on their products, the system, the time frame and the prices.

The installer, John, showed up when he said he was going to. He called and confirmed that he was coming. They got it installed in the time frame that they said they would. There was a piece that was going to be installed that was off-center. When we realized that, I stopped them and told them and he fixed it right away. There wasn’t a whole lot of back and forth about it. Normally, you’d have to have the designer come back out and sign off on everything but he didn’t say that and he fixed it the way I wanted it done, so that was great and very professional.

The owners of the company called us about three weeks later and told us that we overpaid on the final bill and they refunded us our money. They were honest. The only thing I was surprised about was that after the installation, the designer didn’t call to check in to make sure everything was okay. If I had any problems, I’d call her and tell her but there weren’t any questions or concerns. After the installer left, that was the end of the transaction until we heard back from the owners a couple of weeks later. I thought the call was going to be how we liked the closet and how it was working out for us but it was for a completely different reason. I was very pleased and overall, it was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory got a better quote than the other quote that we had, and their price was around the same as California Closets or any of the big box stores. Their designer came and we made the deal. We had a master closet installed, and we had it in a different color other than white and we had various hardware. The person who installed it was great, but the installation could have been a little bit better. Several panels have to be returned because the edge banding wasn't glued sufficiently. So the installer came back and changed out a few panels.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the Closet Factory people whom we worked with including the designer. We researched everything and she came out and we talked to her about what our needs were. She wrote a proposal for us but it took us forever to make up our minds. Then about six months later, we had the closet installed and the installation process was great. We had our hardwood ripped out and we had a little bit of construction but it was like a non-event. The installation team was fast, in and out in a day, super sweet and quiet. We would use Closet Factory again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Kirk, a real estate agent who is also a friend, referred us to Closet Factory. We like their quality and the variety of things that they could do for us. Also, the price was a third of the highest quote that we got. We had them install, in our living room, six book shelves with a cabinet beneath, like a tall kitchen cabinet beneath. It features the fixed bookshelves. Later on, we had a murphy bed and more wall units added to the other side of the bedroom. The designer, Maureen, was very friendly, really excellent. The gal who came out to do the murphy bed in the bedroom and the bookshelves, Kelly, was marvelous, very professional, well- dressed and was able to design using computer aided design. We were so happy we invited her to dinner. She did a great job. The installation process was very straightforward.

The professional person that schedules for Closet Factory called and worked out a schedule with my husband. They came on the day they said they were going to come. The bookshelves were installed in one day and the living room in two. The bedroom took only one day. They laid down protection over all our furniture and used our lanai to do their cutting, so most of the dirt was outside. They were very clean and neat people. They vacuumed up and wiped things off before they left. They're very considerate. A week later, they had to install a piece of molding that they missed, which wasn’t an inconvenience to us. If we ever had another project and we needed that kind of service, we would definitely contact them. Also, we recommend them to our friends and to anyone who happens to need that kind of closet and service. We're very happy with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our daughter highly recommended Closet Factory and I looked at the work that she had done and I liked it. We also felt that the price was right so we went ahead and selected their services. We sat down on a couple occasions and drew out what we wanted. The designer made some suggestions and helped us make some decisions. They installed the built-in closet and it fit the room perfectly. The installers cleaned up after themselves and they did it in a timely manner. It was spotless. They were also very friendly and they answered all our questions and were by themselves a lot of the time. After the job was completed, the person that did our design came out to make sure that everything was done correctly and she did one follow up asking if we liked the work. At the end, we were very satisfied with our experience and I still am.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like Closet Factory's price and design. I had multiple meetings with the design team before we placed the order. I had a walk-in closet installed and then we did a built-in between two walls. The installation team was good. They showed up when they were supposed to and it went very smoothly. There was a mistake in the design and we had to change the doors of some cabinets to make some more room but I got the issues resolved. I would highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Recently, the Closet Factory installed closet systems in 3 closets, slat wall in two closets, a wall bed and office desk arrangement. The whole process was easy and efficient. The initial designs we very fast in coming and it was simple to make changes. Once we were locked in everything went according to plan. I found them to be flexible throughout the process even after the order was placed. The installers were pleasant and very professional. They did an excellent job. Thank you Closet Factory. I have used you before and will continue to for my own needs and recommend you as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We called around for different people to give us quotes and Closet Factory had a reasonable product at a reasonable price. Then we went to the Factory and saw their stuff and decided to go with their product. We did two walk-in closets. We sat down with their designer in their design room and banged it out in a day. It was a new home so the installers dealt with the builder and everything went well. I'm happy with them.

Closet Factory

Great feedback, Charlene! We genuinely appreciate the time and thought you put into your review, and we’re happy to hear that you still love your closet : )

Original review: July 14, 2017

We wanted our master bedroom closet reconfigured because it’s like an odd shape. Closet Factory was local and we had them put a custom closet system in. Their designer was all right. But no one told me she was going to be here for two hours for the initial visit. I told her I couldn't do it for two hours. And I already had an idea of what I wanted. Then after that, when she came back the second time with the schematics of everything, I told her I'd have to show my husband all of it and get back with them. And she was said, “Oh, you’re not signing right now?” I got really turned off at that point because I’m not going to just say yes to a $3,500 project without running it past my husband first.

On the day of the install, she stopped by and she went upstairs and asked the installers if everything was all right and then she turned around and left. She never came back towards the end of the day to see if everything looked the way it did on the plans. I also mentioned I have another closet that I wanted to get done. And she came back because she asked if she could take pictures of the closet and she asked if I wanted her to measure for the next closet while she's here. I told her we’re going to hold off because we’re redoing the kitchen and there are too many people in and out of my house so I needed a break. The next day, I suddenly got an email from her saying, “You know, you shouldn’t really wait because after the first of the year the prices are going to go up, so we should do it now.”

I figured she would ask about doing the next closet because it is going to be a much bigger project. It is a $8,000 to $10,000 project and I just would like to hold off a bit. Then I’m also getting emails from her asking me to write her a letter of recommendation for her lookbook. Also, the email says if I do the other closet I get a 10% off because I’ll be a repeat customer and then I get the Costco 10% off discount, too. She never told me until it’s all done that if you’re a Costco member, you could get money off, which I am. I was disappointed she never mentioned it. We could have gotten 10% off. Then she always referenced everything with, “Well, if I had told you about it then you would have had to pay sales tax then too.” But the sales tax can't be that much.

The installers did a great job. The only thing, as far as the process, I would complain about would be when the installers came in and they put this beautiful closet in and said it’s $25 a cut if I wanted trim on it. After all the money we’re spending, they can’t just throw trim in. We also ordered a new bedroom set and they forgot to bring one piece of it and so, they were bringing the extra piece that they forgot on the day the install was happening. I told the delivery people to leave it out in the hallway and then my husband and I can put it in when they were done. And they were very nice and said, “Well, we’ll put it in here when we’re finished.” They actually put the dresser in once they got done installing because otherwise, it would have been in their way.

So far, everything is still there and staying together so I’m happy. I also ordered another hanging bar from them, and I’ll go and pick that up when it comes in. I love the closet and overall, it’s a wonderful product and it’s definitely well worth the money. When I’m ready, I’m looking forward to doing the next closet. And I told my neighbor about Closet Factory as well. She’s got the same sort of weirdly shaped closet because her house is the same as ours.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had Closet Factory install desks and wall closets for books in our study. Their designer was professional and the interaction went well that's why we went with them. The installation was painless as well. They came, did everything and took care of whatever was left over quickly. There were a couple of things needed after the installation, but they were minor and they resolved them quickly. However, I wish they had a better range of products and more choices. Nonetheless, we were happy with what they did and I’d recommend them to a friend.

We built a new home. Closet Factory is across the street from my office. We met the owner and we were very impressed with her. We worked with Janice from the very beginning to design almost all of the closets and storage areas in the home, so it was a rather large project. She was really helpful, very well-versed in her product and gave us a lot of good advice too. She was there right from when the studs were up. She measured everything and told us where to put the lighting and outlets. We had several meetings with Janice as we went through the process and then we met in her office a couple of times to pick out hardware. We enjoyed the interaction with her.

We also met with her installers when they were out to install the product and they were excellent, very friendly, and helpful. They were also very efficient in the way they installed everything. They weren't there for too long. We had a follow-up appointment with Closet Factory because once we moved into the house, we realized we needed a few shelves readjusted and some additional hardware put in. They were good about coming back and figuring all that out for us. We had looked at a couple other competitors through the process to make sure we were getting a good deal and it turns out we were.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The other places that we had looked at didn’t have as much selection as far as different kinds of woods and patterns. Closet Factory offered a better selection. The first product we had installed is a closet in our bedroom. Their designer was pretty awesome. We had to do the second project a few months later and then we built the dressing room. Now, we're talking about a third one. She's very good at maximizing space and gave good advice that way. Both times, we said we weren't happy with the design at first, and she quickly came back with an alternative that we were happy with. The installation guys were great. They came in exactly when they said they were going to be there and got the job completely done in less than a day. It was completely cleaned up and ready to rock and roll as soon as they left.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very good experience with Closet Factory. They did one set of shelves under my counter and it was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory was better than California Closets, more open to my design ideas. They have better customer service and a good price. Initially, the install team did my two closets, then my husband’s, and then downstairs in the mudroom, so they’ve been to my house a number of times. There was never anything wrong with their installation so I hired them more and more. I’ll probably hire them to do my garage whenever I get around to do it. They have higher-end products but could do more as far as the materials. Nonetheless, the guys were really professional. The designer was great and the install team was clean, and organized and knew what they were doing. I really liked them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just moved up into my new home and I would want to do the closet, so I gave Closet Factory a call. I went over there and spoke to a representative and liked what I saw. Closet Factory made for me a very simple closet with four sections with shelving and rods in one of the bedrooms. Cindy was the designer and she was very pleasant. Her knowledge is excellent and she works with me very well in getting what I wanted. And after I signed the contract, she even calls me back a few days later to say that materials had come in at a lesser cost, so they were knocking $400 off of my total cost which I found surprising. They delivered on time, too. The woman who installed it was excellent, very neat and clean. Cindy then followed up with me after installation to make sure I was satisfied. I'm very happy with the end product and it fits my needs very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went on the internet and I found Closet Factory. I called them and they seemed very receptive. The designer came down and measured everything. My experience with her was excellent. I hired the company. They also did the closet exactly how I wanted it to be. I was there for the whole installation, and the gentleman who came was very professional and neat. I had carpeting in there and he covered the carpeting. Everything went well that day. Closet Factory is an excellent company. I love them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory had what we were looking for for a home office space and it wasn’t just traditional cabinets. The designer was very knowledgeable, helpful and she had good ideas on what would work in our space. The installation was done very well and the guys were there for one day. There was only one follow-up appointment which was something beyond what they were doing. It was for a panel to go behind the wall and below our cabinets but I had to get the countertop installed myself.

Overall, the time from design to being ready and the install was a fairly quick process, which was nice. There was plenty of time to design and then there was a bit of time in between that and the actual production of the product so it gave us the chance to get our end ready. It was a great experience and I would absolutely consider Closet Factory again if I run across where I needed more products.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory had a booth at a state fair and the lady was nice. It was a good option and the price was fair. We wanted something custom cut to the side and they did a Murphy bed with two kids' desks on the other side and shelves above them. The designer was awesome. She came out to the house and took measurements and sought us through it. Then she sent us a drawing and we told her the changes that we wanted. She made those changes and that's what we ended up with. Two guys showed up and put it in. The installation took about half a day and it went fine. It was a quick and easy experience and I was happy with Closet Factory.

Closet Factory

Natalia, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We’re happy that you enjoyed collaborating with your designer. Please contact your local Closet Factory to have them take a look at that drawer! We aim for complete client satisfaction.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I did a Google search for closet installers, and went with Closet Factory for the overall look that's more custom and the fair pricing. I got their basic package for the master closet. They're white, have some shelving, and a few jewelry accessory drawers. We're happy we installed it. I had a good experience interacting with the designer, and the installation team was super quick and efficient. They were in and out in three hours. I have a drawer that's not closing right, though. But overall, it was an easy design experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory was the first one to come and give me an estimate. The cost was fair and it seemed like they really knew what they were doing. I had them install shoes and hanging clothes shelves, a jewelry drawer and clothes hamper in the bedroom closet. The designer was very good and had a lot of knowledge. She was an interior designer, so she had good ideas for working with their product. The installation guy was very good. He cleaned up when he left. And that's always to me the most important part because it's the last thing you remember. And so, if they leave and you're not having to go behind them, you're happy. I hired Closet Factory again to do hanging and lights because I have a long deep closet. I had a great experience, I'm very pleased with them and I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

Closet Factory made a proposal. Their products were good and I liked the design that they came up with. I also liked their sales people. I worked with the owner and she was great. I live far away and she drove up a few times. She was invested in producing a good product. They installed a big walk-in closet, a pantry and some pantry rack and bedroom closets. The installers were fast, neat and professional and did a good job. Everything was up to my standards.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have gotten two or three estimates from closet companies but I selected Closet Factory because of their quality and price. The designer from Closet Factory made recommendations but some of them were not appropriate, and we made adjustments to those. And we had to follow up on the blueprint a few times to have things corrected before the build started.

Their installation crew was prompt, neat and courteous. They built a display wall storage in my TV room and a closet with doors and drawers for storage in my office. They did a very good job except for a crown molding on the top of one of the closet. There was a very wide seam. For some time, I was told that that's the way it was, which didn't seem appropriate for the kind of work I knew they did. So after several calls, they had someone come out and look at it and said what they did wasn’t right so they fixed it.

There were also glass doors that were installed in a display cabinet but the doors were very narrow to appropriately display items. That was something that I didn’t realize with the door trim. The designer didn’t realize it either. I asked what they could do about it and it took a few months before they came back and negotiated a price if I wanted to replace all the doors. I opted not to do it because I didn't want to pay anymore beyond what I had already paid.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife, who was then my girlfriend, had her walk-in closet at her house done through Closet Factory. She was really happy with the work they did and the person that planned it out did a good job and so we went with them. I had a closet installed at my house as well and then we recently redid another one. Their designer had really good ideas and the installers did a great job and cleaned everything up. It's a good experience. However, when he was still there, I had noticed that one of the shelves don't have support. The installer had forgotten to put some support to hold itself up in the back.

This company's only downside is it's very expensive. I paid $1,800 for a single closet. That's s lot of money but you get what you pay for. I have another closet I'd like done sometime in the future. It's a matter of saving up money and having it done. It's basically particle board with covering on it so the quality of the materials is not the greatest. But it's just not possible if I try and do it myself. I don't have the capability of doing that. Nevertheless, it's going to last. They gave me a lifetime warranty on it. It's not a whole lot of options when it comes to the material but I can have different colors.

Overall, I was happy with the product. It definitely maximizes space in a small house which is what I have. And this allowed me to do slide-open closets versus having a traditional closet with a shelf on top and hanging items. Now I can double hang which is helpful for me. I was pleased with the work that they did and the length that it took them to do it. They're very professional. I'd recommend them and I'd use them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Closet World's website and researched some other companies as well, but I liked Closet World best. Their designer, Angela, was awesome and listened to what I was asking about. She came to my house, looked at the closet and we went over things that I want. I had done a very rough drawing of what I had in mind, and she took that and ran with it. Then she came back next week with three different drawings. They’re all similar but different price ranges and different tweaks. She was great and did a super job. In addition, she came by to make sure everything had been done and also brought me a rolling garment rack before the install so that I could easily take my clothes out of the closet and hang them on the rolling rack, which was a great idea and I appreciated it.

Only one guy came to do the work. He was efficient and finished even sooner than what he had told me to expect plus did a wonderful job. Everything was nicely cleaned up. There wasn't any sawdust anywhere and it looked great. He also answered questions for me and made sure that I was pleased when he left. Everything went seamlessly. It took three weeks and I didn’t have to wait a long time between initially choosing what I wanted and the actual installation. My closet is definitely my happy place. I can definitely go full out on it but I had a budget in mind. and my designer stuck with it. I didn’t spend an enormous amount of money. I was totally pleased with every facet of the process.

Closet Factory Company Profile