Call toll free
4.80/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

Closet Factory Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

888 Closet Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I had a good experience with Closet Factory, primarily with their sales consultant. I found them on Google and used them based on their price and reputation. We had them put shelving in our pantry and the designer that we worked with was fantastic. She helped us get the most for our dollar. Things were very smooth as well with the installation team. We had a very small issue though because one of the parts was on back order and then when it got sent in, it didn’t fit properly. But they fixed it within about a week.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We got three or four estimates and all things being equal, Closet Factory had the fairest price. So we went with them. We had them build a cabinet in our home office and their designer was really great. My husband and I had an idea of how we wanted this to look and she understood completely. Then she made wonderful suggestions, so we were real happy with her. The installation went perfectly as well and they completed the job in a short amount of time of five weeks. John, the guy who came out, did an excellent job. There were three doors that were scratched but you can hardly even see them. Closet Factory mentioned that they would be replaced and they did that. Overall, we were very pleased with the job they did. And everyone we spoke with and came in contact with were wonderful.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I had three different closet manufacturers come out. I reviewed all of their plans and prices ended up choosing Closet Factory. They did a pantry, two walk-in closets, a guest closet, and a laundry room for me. The designer was fantastic and she was one of the reasons I went with them over a similarly priced company. She listened to what I was asking for and went out of her way to make it more of a personal experience instead of one that is straight off-the-shelf. She really made what I imagined come to life but even better than what I anticipated. We had a blank wall in the master closet and we were debating whether it was deep enough to put in shoe shelves. She measured my shoe and told me that it was 12 inches while they had 13 inches of space so I could definitely put my shoes in.

However, I needed to cut back on some cost because the whole process was extremely expensive. She had some creative ways to make one particular closet attractive, but she still cut back on some of the cost. As far as the guest closet, she also told me I could do something else that would save me a lot of money and I probably won't notice the difference. She was very thoughtful and she was good. I made changes down to the last minute and she was always available. I could always reach her or she would call me right back. She even asked me what color I was painting the walls of the master bedroom to see if a certain paint color would match the color of my walls. She went out and found the paint color to make sure that the two would go together.

I contacted her afterwards and thanked her immensely for all of her help and told her how great everything looked and how happy I was with everything. She wanted to come out to the house to see it, but I haven't heard from her. I extended the offer to her to come out and take a look because I was so pleased with how it turned out. The installation team was fantastic, too and everybody in the organization was a pleasure to work with. I already recommended Closet Factory to my mother and I told her what a pleasure it was to work with them and how great the designer was. I suggested that she contact them. Their prices were competitive. I got one bid from California Closets that was higher and I got one from a Portland closet company that was lower, but the guy didn't listen to what I was saying. When I asked him if he could do certain things in the laundry room, he said no, whereas my designer at Closet Factory said that they can do it and other things.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I was happy with the presentation of the Closet Factory rep. I had a few hours of very detailed consultation with their designer. We had them do our pantry and our master bedroom closet including the shoe racks, doors, and a hamper. The installation was excellent. The guy who did it paid attention to detail and he cleaned up. I would recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We wanted a closet company that could be close to us and my husband found Closet Factory online. We had nice interactions with the designer and she was very professional. She showed us a lot of options that we can do. We had a walk-in closet installed in the bedroom and the installer was a very nice guy. He was fast and he cleaned up after he finished everything. The quality of the work done is very good and I like it. The closets look very neat and I like the texture of the wood. Everything always came through very nicely and in a very organized way. Closet Factory does great and they're a very recommended company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We initially got three estimates and Closet Factory was the one that was able to work with our budget. We had cabinets and shelves installed, and I loved the end product. The entire experience was also very efficient, fast and productive. The designer was great and the installation experience was very good. The installation team came on time and installed everything properly. The two installers were very professional as well.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Closet Factory is the best. The lady rep came out and gave me a bid, and I had another bid from California Closets. She was more knowledgeable, she followed through, I liked her product better and they were part of a cabinet company. Plus they're a family company, not a huge one like California Closets. I had them install closets that look like wood but are white that have a little gray grain in them. The workmen were fabulous. They're so considerate, nice and wonderful. They took two days and then they came out and put sliders in all my kitchen drawers that pull out. When I had gone with California Closets, they would not install my pullout drawers in the kitchen, whereas Closet Factory would.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Closet Factory was very professional and well-priced. Their people were really genuine as well. They installed a closet and the other doors in the house quickly and easily. However, they had to come back to do something that did not get done right the first time that they were here. Nevertheless, they did a good job and we are very happy. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had a couple of closet build outs, racks and floors done through Closet Factory. It works good and I’m happy with it. The designer was pleasant. I got what I expected and everything worked out right. Things were done on time and everything was good.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I got quotes from 3 closet companies and Closet Factory has better quality products compared to others. I had them do a master closet, children’s bedroom closet, pantry and a laundry room. I already knew what I was looking for and the designer guided me where it fits my budget. The installation team were on time and the installation was very quick, just like they described that it would be.

They completed the first time they came and there was a last minute adjustment that was supposed to get corrected but they never came back to correct it. They never contacted me and they just kinda forgot about it. But the installation team were very professional. They made sure they had blankets on the floor not to damage my floor. It was a great experience. You just need to have the budget for what you’re looking for.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I had a closet system done by Closet Factory and the designer, Rachel, was great. She was extremely helpful. Everything went well with the installation too. It was a little complicated but the installer made it work. I had also ordered one additional thing and Rachel is gonna bring that.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was looking online, found Closet Factory and they were convenient to my location. The designer came, measured, and described what they could do and then we were allowed time to look it over and make a decision. She was very helpful and good. I had a master bedroom closet installed and I’m very satisfied. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

We have an older home that we moved into and it had wire shelving in the master closet. We looked in Lowe’s to see what things looked like in general, but Closet Factory was someplace we could go to on that particular day and we looked at the quality of the product. We opted to have Closet Factory come out and redo it, and it was beautiful. The designer, Leanne, was wonderful. She was very helpful in helping us envision what her plans were and she gave us a visual of what we wanted. She was very informative from the beginning and we shared ideas with her. She came out to look at our closet and gave us the plan and helped us figure out what would be the best to meet our needs.

We wanted hanging space, shelves, and drawers. It was not an exceptionally large closet space, but it was larger than anything we’ve ever had, and it was a his-and-hers closet, so she helped suggest where to put which type of unit and how things would fit in the unit, what to put in the drawers, where to put the drawers in relation to shelving and the hanging areas, and where the door for the closet will be because the door was at an angle. She helped figure out size-wise, in pieces, how that would work and what confines would be put on the space. She was also helpful as far as how high to put the shelving in it.

The installer that came out and did the work was very professional and very nice. However, he was given one wrong piece. They gave him a tie rack as opposed to a belt rack and I said that it was okay and that we can keep it, but he really insisted on doing it right. He was back out the next day with the belt rack and installed that instead. He could’ve walked off and not let us even know about it, but he was very honest in saying that they gave him the wrong part. He left everything clean and we didn’t have to do any clean up after him. It turned out much better than we even thought.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I used Closet Factory a year ago and I really liked the rep that came out. He was an older man and made sense. He made good suggestion and did three of my closets. I used them for a second time for my master closet and the designer they sent out did everything. He listened, made good and common sense suggestions, and he told me what would be necessary, what wouldn’t be necessary, and what I was looking for. I appreciated that because I needed some kind of direction and he helped with that. The installation went quite easy and friendly. This one was a brand new build and the guy who came took the stuff down, but you couldn’t notice where he had taken it down. So when he did his work, it was very nicely done. The craftsmanship was really good. There's a door turned a different way than I had anticipated but other than that, it was very good. There were no follow-up appointments needed.

Closet Factory was easy to work with. They were professional. They showed up when they said they were gonna show up. They told me when they were gonna call, and they called. That was huge because they had good customer service. What they said, they followed through on. They didn’t play, and they were reasonable. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We had a pantry, and a walk-in closet, and other closets for the whole house done by Closet Factory. The installation took a little longer than expected. They only send one guy to do everything, but I rather have two or three guys come and knock it out in a day or two, instead of a whole week. But it wasn't a big deal and the installation was awesome. Everything was extremely smooth, professional, and top-notch quality. We’re very satisfied and I’ve recommended Closet Factory.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My husband liked the pricing and the lifetime warranty on Closet Factory's products. They did a closet for him in the master bedroom. The designer was very sweet and funny. He was very down-to-earth and respectful. I liked his personality and that’s why we didn’t go over to the other people that quoted us. I went with his design because it looked nice on paper and I was pleased with his recommendations as well. Then the installer was very respectful and pleasant. He was working the whole time he was here and when they said that they didn’t have the tools, they came back the next day. One of the poles was too long or not long enough and immediately, the same guy that installed it came and brought the right pole, and it was fine.

The people from Closet Factory were always very forthcoming and reliable. They were kind and respectful and all those interactions with them were very positive. My husband loves the overall finished product and I'm satisfied with it. But I'm not crazy about the closet as it doesn’t look as elegant as I expected it to be. We put drawers in the middle and left all the space on the side but maybe if we did another design, we could’ve used that space. Still, we would recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I fell in love with my daughter-in-law's closet from Closet Factory so I went with them too. Everything was wonderful with the closets I got from them. They were very well-installed in the master bath and in the master bedroom. I have the built-in shoe rack which I wanna call a chest drawer. Their designer was great and the installers did exactly what I was expecting and left everything very neat. It took one day to finish the installation and everything went smooth. I got what I was told I would get and I’m 100% satisfied. As a matter of fact, I already have two friends looking at my closets who I think would call Closet Factory too.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I found Closet Factory in a merchandiser, those little books that I get in the mail, and I liked what I saw. We had two or three other estimates for our project but I liked the work that Closet Factory did so we got them for the job. I turned one room into a bedroom and there were no closets so I had someone put a wall up then I had a barn door put across. Closet Factory then put the closet inside there and I had four drawers put in.

I had a very good experience working with their designer. He sat down and he showed me on the computer exactly what everything would look like, and I really liked it. I could also pick out the knobs I wanted. The installation was a really good experience, too. The people that were here were very polite. And now, I have someone that is interested with their work. A friend of mine and her daughter came and they wanna redo her closet. When she saw the closet in my bedroom, she really liked it. So, she asked who did it and I told them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

There are 3 closet company choices in Portland and I don't like California Closets. I got my first and only estimate from Closet Factory and went with them. The installer did a great job and he was really hardworking and efficient. The closet looks really pretty. We wanted it to look like a room and they did a really nice job with the borders, the baseboards and the trim at the top so that it tied into the rest of the master suite. We're really happy.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Closet Factory did one of our closets before and then we had them re-do the shelving in a small laundry room closet. Their designer was fantastic. She was very attentive and she made the appointment on time. It was completed on time and we were very satisfied. I love that I did it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My wife and I were interested in getting a closet done for our master closet and we asked for a couple of quotes when we looked online. Closet Factory came out and gave us one that we were happy with. We put a drawer, several hanger areas, shoe storage and some shelving. We were having a hard time envisioning it but after hearing what my wife wanted, the designer figured it out quickly. She put it on a computer and it was perfect. She brought it together well for us and she was great. My wife said the installation went very smoothly. When I got home, it was done and it was clean. We were very happy and we're gonna use Closet Factory again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My experience with Closet Factory was awesome. However, they are still not done because I called to see if they can put in soft close hinges instead of the ones that they have and they have never gotten back to me on it. My jewelry drawer is also still not here and they left the cabinets a mess. The glass wasn’t clean and the shelves weren’t wiped down. Furthermore, they had to have the jewelry drawer made, so I’m still waiting on their rep to call and tell me that everything is in and ready. Though I like their closets and the designer was great, we missed one closet so she is gonna come back out. Still, their installers were really nice guys. They installed the first section and they cleaned everything beautifully. Though they were missing parts, they came back to finish up the job.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Closet Factory did a master closet in my house. I met their designers and they took measurements, then about a month after, the closet was installed. The installation was completed in just a day and it went well.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I had my whole closet flooded and I heard good things about Closet Factory, so I thought it sounded great for me. The rep was unbelievable and never in a rush. We sat down, designed the closet and she was so nice, kind and helpful. The installation was incredible too. It took two days to redo the closet and the installer was well-mannered and very nice. He was great and he did a good job. In fact, he installed my valet on the wrong side, I called Closet Factory and it wasn't a couple of days, they came out and fixed it.

My closet is awesome and I love it. I also felt that the experience was great and wonderful. It's something I had never done before and something I got to do. There are other people who can benefit from all types of service and Closet Factory needs to advertise to different groups of people. I don't hear about them much, but my mom used them a long time ago and my interior decorator suggested them. They need to get their name out there more.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Somebody I know and trust had a positive experience with Closet Factory so I chose to go with them. I had a pantry and a reach-in closet done and the installation was fine but we had a little bit of misunderstanding with the designer. There was a little bit of design change and we got another appointment and got everything installed. Other than that, everybody was very professional in trying to complete the job and helped everybody along. The whole project took about eight weeks and I had a great experience. It’s economical, but good value for a good product and I like the closet a lot.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

A lady came out and she was terrific in selling us Closet Factory. I like the material that the company uses as well as their workmanship and the quality. The designer we had was also professional and she knew what she was talking about. The installer came on time, did his job, and got it done earlier than he anticipated without any trouble. He was just a busy little beaver. The organize system that they installed which consists of a bench with drawers and hooks for coats and things for the mudroom looks terrific. Everything went great with Closet Factory. They were all just terrific to work with and they made the experience very easy.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I had a closet unit installed through Closet Factory and I love it. It's a flat finish, white with brushed nickel knobs. The designer I worked with was very good and thorough, and the installation went smoothly. The only thing that was amiss was that the bar should have been set higher for dresses, but it was very easily fixed. We just moved the shelves for the shoes up to raise the bar. It was actually good because that showed me how I could change things up and maneuver the sizes of the shelves. So, it worked out fine. I had a very good experience overall and I would recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I went online, did a search for closet systems and heard about Closet Factory. My son used them once before, so I talked to him about it and he recommended them. The rep showed me my options and the service I got was fabulous. It was nice that the reps came in the house to do all the measuring. I got a closet organizer and sliding doors. There were little errors to remake when the install finally happened and I didn't like all the wait time in between. If they could reduce the time for their install, that would be really good. The installation was done in one day and I love it still.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I used Closet Factory in my previous home and recently, I used them again. Their designer was wonderful. She was helpful in suggesting things, in showing me everything that they had available, and in making the best use of the space that I have. The installation also went great. They scheduled it for three days but the gentleman who came got it almost done the first day. So he came back the next day and finished. Then there was one piece that I was missing and they came back and put that in last week. Everything is looking good as of now. I've really enjoyed working with them and I've recommended them to a couple of people.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I got Closet Factory based on my friend’s experience. We took out all of our cabinets and replaced all the cabinets in the uppers and lowers. I was very happy with the product. Everybody I worked with was wonderful. The designer had great ideas and she assured me that I’d be very happy with the enlarged space that I would get from the cabinets because our old cabinets were outdated and they’re installing larger ones. The installers showed up on time and they did it in a timely manner and everything was clean. The price is great and I love the product.

Closet Factory expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet Factory has been customizing closet systems for homeowners for over two decades. They can also help you develop an organizational system for your home office, garage, pantry and more.

• Organizational guides: Perfect for those who don’t know where to start, Closet Factory has over a dozen free downloadable organizational guides that cover topics related to home organization.

• Free consultation: Schedule a free consultation with a designer to start the process of turning your closet into an organized space. Simply fill out a form online.

• National company: There are 45 Closet Factory locations nationwide, so there is a good chance you can find one near you. Check their website to find out where they are located.

• Design board: Pin design ideas you love from the Closet Factory website to your personal Closet Factory design board. You can share your board on your social media sites or print it out.

• Blog: Find more inspirational ideas, tips and articles on Closet Factory’s blog. Topics include fashion, crafts, closets and organization.

• Best for: Closet Factory is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs