4.79/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Closet Factory

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

Closet Factory Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

380 Closet Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was over at The Container Store and saw what they had. I thought that there's got to be somebody else that does that besides them so I looked online, found Closet Factory and went on from there. I got quotes from other companies and the range was there, but I liked the wood that Closet Factory had. The coverings that they had were better, too, because others were limited on their colors and the way they did it. Plus, they had a third party installing it and I don’t like to use a third party usually. Also, my salesperson at Closet World knew her business and adjusted things the way I wanted it adjusted for the dollars that I wanted to spend. She was did a wonderful job, was thorough and on time. She had even come out at a special time for me because I wanted to close the deal and get it done.

We did one wall in the bedroom with closets and shelves. When we let the crew in for the installation, they were decent, went about their business, did what they had to do and cleaned up after themselves. It was a pleasant experience but I've noticed that there are little angles that they put on the side to hold the compartment in place and I'd be happy if they came up with something to fix that and called me up.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I used Closet Factory so many years ago and this is the second time I've used them. I knew the guy that did my other closet, so I like that part and I like the functions of the closet as well. Closet Factory knew what we were looking for and then their designer, Martha provided a couple of different designs for different price points. The first time they worked the lowest but I liked the designs, so when I called them back, I asked for Martha and I also contacted her directly because I still had her email. She’s the reason why I went back to them for this house.

Martha is local and she listens to me. She’s the first person that I really see and talk to and so she makes it for a customer. The installation went fine and it took two days and I had two closets that are pretty big. However, a follow-up appointment was needed because they had to raise the bar in my husband's closet as they put the rod at standard height. He's tall and his shirts are longer. It took them a half hour to do it but it's no big deal. The gentleman who came was the same guy who installed so they're good about cleaning up. I had a really good experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

A friend of mine used Closet Factory for her project and recommended them. I'm also a Costco customer and at the exit of Costco, I noticed that their name as well as their services were there, so that was a double reference. Ultimately, that made me proceed following up with Closet Factory and have them do the project. I was going to get an estimate from California Closets but I learned that there was a discount at Closet Factory for being a Costco member so that negated me from getting a competitive offer. I chose to save my time since I was already getting a discount from Costco.

Closet Factory installed a cabinet, desk area and a queen-size Murphy bed at the lower level of the house. They came to my home, brought sample products, and talked about various design options and how to best utilize the space in the room. I had very positive interactions with their designer and I expected that since it’s their profession. They were able to work with my base ideas that I had and gave me the best design.

The two people who brought the products and installed them were polite, clean and efficient. They saw that there was an issue with the design, given the space provided, and they immediately brought it to my attention and called the designer. I asked for a follow-up since I was not pleased with one of the things they did, though it was no one’s fault. They did not notice that there were little holes from where the various shelving would have been and it was an eyesore. They offered a solution, came back and put a little edging on it. So all in all, I’m pleased with the quality of the products and their work. I also wanted to use Closet Factory for my home in another state. Unfortunately, the people I worked with locally do not service the New Jersey shore area.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

We talked to Closet Factory and what they recommended seemed a good idea. They came up with a pretty good plan. My wife modified it which wasn't a big problem so everything worked like they did. We got another estimate but my wife definitely liked Closet Factory better. We had some drawers and a clothes rack built into a closet in a master bedroom. Before that we just had the manufacturer's wire rack in there and not very good at all. I was there most of the time for the installation and there was one who was a trainer and a young man who was just learning but they went to it and spent a lot of time with it. They talked to me and told me how they would do it and put it in. They did a very good job on it. I would recommend Closet Factory. I'm pretty satisfied with the part they had 'cause they were very professional with how they did it and they cleaned up after they finished.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Closet Factory was local for me so I had them install a closet in a garage. The designer, who was also the owner, was very pleasant to work with. The installation team was good as well. Once they installed, it was too high so they had to bring it down a bit. The only thing I didn’t like was the messy part at the end. They could’ve done a better cleaning job before they left. Fingerprints were all over the cabinet and we had to wipe and clean everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Closet Factory was so easy to work with and I also liked their pricing. We had them install a full closet in our bedroom and their designer was so good. She was so smart and designed beautifully for us. The installation was also good. We didn't have any problem that came out. I might use Closet Factory again for our new house.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Closet Factory provided just what I needed. A year ago, I had a closet installed with wood and shelving in my master's bedroom. The designer was very helpful and he got me exactly what I wanted. During installation, the guy was very punctual and didn't waste any time in getting the job done. Closet Factory was great and I really enjoyed the professionalism of the company. I'm very well pleased with the quality of the work they've done and I’d recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

When I build my home, I had Closets by Design do all of my closets. However, some of the designs that I had weren't functional. I then found Closet Factory, who are purely custom and they could change the things that I thought were custom with my original company. I had them do my home office. Their designer was very knowledgeable and she gave me her thoughts and ideas. I relied on her expertise to help me design the pantry. When we worked at my home office, we worked with a budget and came up with a design. It was easy and fabulous. The installation started on time and the installers were nice and friendly guys. The home office was scheduled to be a two-day project but they worked quickly and got it all done in one day. The designer then came back to look at the finished product to make sure it's exactly what we wanted. I will definitely call Close Factory again if I have any other things to do.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I looked in the review sites and Closet Factory had the best reviews among closet companies. So, I had them install a walk-in, bedroom closet with shelving and a pull-out laundry door. The designer was very good and responsive, and she worked well with me in making adjustments to her plans to match exactly what I wanted. The installation went very quickly and it was very convenient. Altogether, Closet Factory was efficient and dealing with them was easy, and I got exactly what I wanted.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I researched custom closet companies and Closet Factory was a bit more sturdy and could get it done within a three-day period. They had the color I wanted and a variety of things too. The only thing I didn’t like was that the back of my mirror has scratched grooves in it. I called Closet Factory and sent them pictures of it. They reviewed it and said it doesn't affect the front part of the glass but I'm afraid in the long run, that mirror is going to crack. They said it won't break and that the scratch doesn't compromise the integrity of the closet. I still didn't like it and I never got that resolved. They said they weren't going to give me any piece of glass for that considering I paid $15,000 for it. Nevertheless, my closet is beautiful and I love it. The other doors I have are mirrored also and those are completely perfect. Everybody was very nice and very helpful.

Closet Factory response

Hi Patricia, Thank you for providing feedback about your Closet Factory experience. We appreciate the opportunity to improve our client experience. Overall, we're happy to hear that you love the design of your custom closet and that we were able to provide the colors and accessories you were looking for.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We set up an appointment with Closet Factory and I liked what they said when they came out. Their designer was great. She noticed stuff that I would've never thought about like needing a space for my luggage and table tray and if I'd want to hang up the vacuum cleaner hose. Also, the installation team was pretty quick. I had them install in my master bedroom and hall closet. Overall, I'm very pleased with Closet Factory.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I've been using Closet Factory for a long time. I worked with them on a wall unit before in a previous place and some other closets too. My mom also used them back in 1990 when they were remodeling their house. I always bid them against California Closets, and whichever can get it done quicker and for cheaper is who I go with. I had Closet Factory work on a walk-in closet for my home recently. Dion, the designer, was great and tailored it specifically to what I needed. We talked about my needs and what would work. He was really knowledgeable about the product and ways to save money. Plus, he didn't oversell. He's good at what he does. The installers were okay and took them three days to finish, but they left a couple of marks that I couldn't remove from the carpet. It must be from some material that they used. Overall, it was a good and easy experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I had a Groupon with Closet Factory so I had them put in a shelving in one closet in our basement three months ago. Their designer was very nice and the installation went very fast. Closet Factory was very efficient but it’s a little pricey. Other than that, everything's fine.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We had Closet Factory do our closets in the pantry and laundry room. We've used them before and they have quality products that work. Their designer was very helpful and nice, as well as the guy who did the installation. Closet Factory did a very good job and we are happy with our experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I had a custom closet with shelving installed by Closet Factory. The designer was good but the dimensions were wrong, which caused problems for installation. I had a problem with the installer too because what he installed was leaning and crooked and he left it in that condition. He wasn't able to install it correctly. He also didn't have the tools for cleaning up the dust. I almost commanded him to take it out because I was so frustrated with the way he left the closet, and then made him back out and had him fix it.

But the manager did a great job in stepping up, fixing things and resolving it. But then again, there were a few cracks. Everything got lined up the way it was supposed to so they went out their way to try to make it look the best that they could. But there were still rough edges. Even the toughest closets had glass on all the edges instead of having melamine. And it could have been great to have that extra detail that helps it strip on the end so it's not scratchy. They are also not cheap and I paid about $2500 for the project. And the quality of the accessories was of better quality than what they sent out initially. They had to send the old back. But before doing that, he already installed them and it has created a permanent damage to the melamine because they had to reinstall it. Now I have permanent damage and there was no compensation.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had shelving and little hanging hangers installed in my master bedroom closet last year and initially, I was going to go with another company, but they were taking too long. One of the females in the office got her closets and her laundry room updated, and she recommended Closet Factory. The first time that the designer came in, I knew what I wanted so there was very good interaction. She was awesome, got it done in one swoop, and then got it installed. It was done in a day like they promised and I've not had any issues with it in the year plus that I've had the closet. I still love it. The work was awesome and the experience was fast and painless. In the near future, I'm going to do the other bedroom and my laundry room, and I will definitely choose Closet Factory.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I picked Closet Factory over other brands because of their name. I had a wonderful interaction with my designer and the installation was exceptional. I had Closet Factory do two walk-in closets. I also had follow-up work done for one shelf since they didn't put it at the top and it was too high for me to get it up, so the installer came back to put it up for me. Everything in this experience was wonderful. I would use Closet Factory again if I had to do another closet.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Closet Factory has the Murphy bed system that I was looking for so I went with them. There were a few communication errors between the designer and the installers and it created some time delays, which was a little annoying. I tend not to be a typical consumer and I know what I want so making decisions is not a lengthy process for me. I think that the fact that I was like, "Yes, this, this, this and this," seemed to not be the designer’s typical consumer so she had trouble keeping up. She has a very calm personality. For most consumers, that would be excellent because they have a difficult time making decisions. But I own a company and run it so I make decisions all day long, and I'm used to doing that.

For one, I also have a design background myself on furniture so I knew what I wanted and the look I was going for. There weren't a whole lot of decisions to be made and that threw her. She doesn't do well with type triple-A personalities. Every other personality, I'm sure she was fine though. The hiccups were addressed. There were a couple of things that had been mis-measured and they happen to be glass pieces, which meant there was no getting around it. Once they came in, they delivered them and brought everything they needed to finish the job. However, it didn't hold up the basic installation. The installation guys were great, courteous and clean. They got in, did their work and got out. I would have hired them if we did any work that I could have translated that to. I would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

There were two times I used Closet Factory. One was to install a whole closet within a walk-in closet in a small townhouse. Then we when moved, I called them to do something else for me again. The designer was very pleasant and the installers were perfect. The experience overall was very good.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We moved and I wanted a closet. I described to the Closet Factory staff what I have and what I don’t have and they built the closet to go according to my shoes, clothes and stuff that I have. Closet Factory had all the designs with them. They were prompt and on time. They organized another appointment and helped me see what I want in the closet. The designer was very knowledgeable and they knew exactly what they will use. They built the closet from scratch and put it on when they came. They went ahead with the installation but most of their materials had to be custom-made. It took a little longer but they gave me a date and followed on that. They were very professional and kept informing me what day and time they’ll be here.

Everything worked out very well. The process took two days but then I wanted 20 side drawers instead of 15. So they came out, rearranged and built it again to where it looks professional. I’m pleased because even though I changed my mind in certain things they came back and did all of that for me. The Closet Factory was very good and I would recommend them. I would use them again if I had to move and have another closet that I might need.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had shelves put in a storage room on the first floor and it’s like a really big closet. I read that Closet Factory had the option of using real wood, which was what I thought I wanted to go with but with a storage closet, we don’t need to really put much money into it and what we got is enough. Closet Factory's team also knew what they were doing. The designer was very pleasant to deal with and the two gentlemen who were here worked quickly and cleaned up. Everything was perfect. I was very pleased with the experience and the shelving. I’ve got more storage space now and I feel more organized.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Closet companies are comparable but I went with Stanley. He was a good salesman and designer. I like him and I gave him 50% payment upfront. Closet Factory installed a melamine organize closet, a large walk-in closet and five other closets and everything was wonderful until the installers demanded payment at the time of the installation. I told them to give me a chance to breathe and that I wouldn't pay anything until they give me releases. I also followed up with Stanley and I told him I wasn't going to pay unless he took care of it. He straightened it out and everything was okay so I paid them a few days later.

Closet Factory response

Hi Frank, Thank you for your feedback! We'll use it to improve our client experience. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed working with your designer Stanley on creating custom closets for your entire home. Have a great rest of your week : )

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I chose Closet Factory based on the reviews online. I bought a closet that has a wire shelving for me and my husband when we moved to a brand-new house. We had them come to customize the shelving of our clothes and shoes, and I also have two jewelry drawers and coat racks. The installation went smoothly. I was at work but my husband was there with the installers. They had one question and they FaceTimed me, and I could see what was going on and it was perfect. Whatever question they had, it was resolved very easily. The closet looks great and we're doing good. I'm very satisfied.

Closet Factory response

Hi Nazareth, thanks for your review! We're so glad that we could collaborate with you to replace that flimsy wire shelving with a custom built-in system that's durable, organized, and totally stylish. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I've used Closet Factory in the past and have had no problems. Their quality and personnel have kept me with them. They were really reasonable, especially for the good quality materials that we got. Some of the other places were higher, but I really didn't like the construction. It was built and was not something pre-made like what you can get from IKEA. We called them and set up an appointment. The lady came out with her books and we looked through them. I told her what my budget was and what I wanted. Then I asked her to show me what I could afford with my budget, and she did. We placed the order, and they said it would be six weeks, however, they called and had it ready in four weeks. We had a cabinet put in a closet, with shelves on top, the doors, and drawers on the bottom, and then hanging rods, plus two racks. The installers who came were very polite and courteous. They were great and I would use them again without hesitation.

Closet Factory response

Hi Bryan, Thank you for continuing to trust us with your custom home improvement projects! We offer a wide range of top quality melamines, woods, laminates, and more, and are happy to hear that you were able to achieve the exact look you envisioned for your home all within a budget you felt comfortable with. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We got to home shows every year to get ideas for decorating and stuff. Closet Factory has been to almost all the home shows we've been to. They've been a component in the closet designing. So when we went to the last one before we had our closets done, we picked up one of their cards. We have a huge walk-in closet but it only had wire racks, so a lot of space wasn't being utilized that could be utilized. I also wanted to a better closet for my son with better space to utilize some shelved and hanging racks since his was super small and he really didn't have enough space. We then called Closet Factory and told them that we wanted to have a design consultant to come out. Amanda then came out. She was amazing and knew exactly what we liked. I couldn't have asked for a better designer for our space. She measured all the closets that I was looking at and she gave me some design options, and everything came together.

I gave her my budget of what I wanted to spend. We also had a coupon for $600 off since we were military. She was also really speedy in getting everything put together, so I could actually visualize what it would look like at the end. When she came back with our measurements, she had schematics that I could rotate and I could see exactly how the closet would look like when she came back. I also had her come back and measure for my daughter’s closet because I decided to add hers into the deal because it wasn’t going to be that much more. We wanted to try to get them installed before we headed out for a trip that we needed to go on and she was trying to work with us. She told us that they were booked and that she put us on the waitlist. So we went ahead with the trip. She then called me and told me that they got an opening and that she can fit us in. I told her that we weren't in Virginia that time.

She told me that if I have someone that could let them in the house, they could do the units and bill us the final installments. I told her that the closets are full, and she told me that she'll get back to me and to let her talk to the manager. She then called me back and told me that she'll come in the morning before the installers get here and empty the closets out. She told me that the manager will be waiving the fee because it was something that they sprang to us last minute. They came in and installed the closets. When I got back from my trip, my closets were all done and I just had to fill them back up. Amanda really went above and beyond. She was really stellar.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Closet Factory gave me the better service and their designer was great. They installed a closet in the master bedroom and that experience was wonderful. The installer that showed up did an excellent job. We are also getting our bedroom done in a couple of weeks and the designer already came out for it. The people at Closet Factory were friendly, and they knew what they were doing and talking about. They gave me a good advice as best as they could.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Closet Factory offers good products. When they were starting out, the boss came with me and we discussed. I forced him to do things that he never had experience with and I was very satisfied with the product so I keep calling them. I had an office wall completely done and another time I had my kitchen cabinet retrofitted. I had my closet done and then my husband had his as well a few years later. Installation went very well and was a grand experience. Their team was very clean, fast, and fixed when I had a problem.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Closet Factory is a great company to do business with. They stand behind their products and they have very professional people. I knew about them from a coupon I got in the mail. It was $300 off and it sounded like a good deal so I called them. I had a closet cart and shelving done. The designer who worked with me was very good. The installation was great also. They fixed and cleaned up. They explained everything to us and we knew every step along the way. They did a great job. I was very happy with their work. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

When Closet Factory came out to give me an estimate, I liked the person I dealt with and the walk-in bedroom closet. The designer, as well as the installation, was good. The closet has adjustable shelving too.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We had a huge closed closet installed in the master bedroom and it's fabulous. I call it my Khloe Kardashian closet. Amanda, one of the owners of Closet Factory, was very good in the design and suggestion. I was so impressed with her that I went with her. She came out, she sent drawings and she had the product I wanted. They were really fast. It was done in about two weeks. As a matter of fact, I called them and added a few ballets and I changed the hamper to some drawers because I really didn't need the hamper up there and it was no problem. They came out, did it and I was so impressed with how they handled the installation. They knew what they were doing and I just trusted them. It was exactly what I wanted.

Closet Factory response

Hi K, Thanks so much for this glowing review! And thank you for choosing us to make your dream closet come true. We're glad to hear that you and Amanda hit it off and were able to collaborate on a design that truly exceeds your expectations. If there's anything else we can ever to do assist you, please let us know!

Closet Factory Company Information