2. Homeowners
  3. Closet Organizers

4.6/5 (921 ratings)

About Closet Factory

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

Closet Factory Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: March 3, 2021

I don’t typically do things like this but this experience has been so awful I need to make sure warning went out. When planning designing things went well. After two months to wait to get installed it, Aug 2020, was installed with damaged material and items missing There were 3 draws’t work in the closet. One of the rods to hang clothes was cut too short and so they screwed it into the cabinets making it no longer adjustable. The valance rods were missing and never installed. The thing was they never told me the installer left and I had to find it out and call to get it fixed as a service call. Moving to the office they decided because the wall was not straight they were going to take whatever scrap work. They have to hide it. Which was a block a work not even trim.

I caught that before they left and have them remove but that damaged the cabinet from the nails they used. Then after they left saw two cracks in the desktop which is integrated into the whole system. So use they installed a cracked desktop. The material samples that showed in the designing did not look like what was installed. You can tell this is no different than Formica from the '80s. So I called about everything and found it would be a service call. The first call the service person was not able fix the desk with what they gave him. Asked me if I had brown shoe polish that might work (my face dropped) but was able to fix the draws. Only brought one of the valence rods. He called and that was going to be another service call.

Went to open draws. Two of the three worked and one did not work. Service team offered to uninstall and replace the integrated desktop. I said no and the reason why is they had so much caulked the bookcase and storage which the desktop was integrated that there would be a mess to fix the walls from all the caulk. Which they would not be responsible for. Another 3 weeks later another person comes out this time with a valance rod but it was not the correct one. So he installed the wrong one so I had something and taught me how to remove and install the valence rod so when they send me the one I could install it. Are you kidding me? I have to install. He fixed the draw in closet and then was able to hide the cracks. Looked good. So I thought.

Asked if I had to do anythings so it would not wash off. He said give it 24hrs. So I let a week go by and then cleaned up and when I did it washed off. Did not used anything but a damp rag to wipe down the surface. Well most of the stuff came off. There was the cracks again. I wish I can say the crack were hidden or spot of the desktop that I would not see it or could hide it. But it is right there as you sit down at the desk and at the corner when you walk into the room. So while waiting for them to come out for another service call they sent one, two, third valance rod to install. Why 3? Because they send the wrong ones. While waiting to have them schedule a call because they could not meet at that time I was available. With the holidays the the bottom fell out of the file draw.

I reached out to the designer to tell them how bad things are. The service person emailed me. I don't check this email regularly and let them know to call so we can schedule. I gave a couple dates and time. Asked them to call. She continued to email me where she gave me a date and time when I was not available. Which I happen to see the email right before the date and told her that would not work not one of the dates provide. Again getting strong in email not to email call me or text. Proceed to give another set of dates and times and asked for a call. Even texted previous servicer person I had been deal with.

It has gone radio silent. It is now March 2021. Over 8K I spent with this company. I had to do installs and multiple service call and still not complete. I had carpenter fix my draw bottom after waiting for three weeks with no service call in sight. Not sure what I can do with the desktop but obviously they are not competent company to fix it what they installed damaged.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Reasonable quality but install errors were endless! The installers were great and tried hard to make it right. It took a week to get all the pieces once the install started - they were sent with only 25% of drawers and 50% of pulls. The worst thing is that our pantry wasn’t measured properly so the shelves stick out in the doorway by an inch and a half. The fix was to remove everything (after waiting over 6 weeks), cut, and retro fit. And wait with partial install for things to be repaired. What a mess for custom closets!! I don’t recommend!

Get buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: June 30, 2020

Closet Factory representative (Drew) has reached out to me and found a resolution to the damage done to our home.

Original review: June 10, 2020

We used Closet Factory to customize our walk in closet in our newly constructed home which we were very excited about. BIG MISTAKE. During the build out, the contractor dropped two wood drawers down our 2 flight stairway (mistakes happen, we understand) and left multiple large gashes and dents in our walls and new flooring (ugh). In addition, the closet measurements were not the same as the measurements we agreed to on the proposal. Lastly, they brought the incorrect accessories for installation and, thank goodness, we stopped them before they had installed.

When we contacted the company and owner (Drew) no one responded to our emails. We went a month with multiple calls and emails with images and detailed complaints but no one responded to our emails. They claimed they called us but we all know how that goes... We have yet to find a solution to this issue but I guarantee this is not the customer service you would expect from Closet Factory. Very disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Closet Factory customized 3 of my closets about 20 years ago. In the begin they were very professional and honest. About 2 years ago I asked them to come out to do a repair and they swore that they have no record of me as a customer. I still have the plans and the original designers name and number. I called and asked if she remembered me and she did. I asked her to call the company to let them know that they did indeed design and install 3 closets. Well, they said that they did not know who she was and have no record of her ever working there!! What liars. Yes, I am planning to contact BBB and or small claims court. Just wanted to let you know that you Should NOT believe their "lifetime" warranty. It's a lie.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

We bought the perfect condo for us, except for the closet in the 2nd bedroom- which I decided would be my home office/man cave. In addition to my office desk & cabinets, I wanted enclosed space for hanging clothes and folded clothes, as well as some open book shelves and space for a large screen TV. We called Closet Factory and were scheduled with their representative, Eden. When she arrived we spent quite a bit of time discussing what I wanted and what Closet Factory could do.

With Eden's help, we came to some conclusions about what would work best, then she laid out the basic outline of our plan on the floor of the room so I could see what the footprint would be & it seemed to fit the space perfectly! Then Eden took everything home with her and created a detailed drawing for me to see the next day. We made a few minor adjustments, based on her drawings and the actual space and then finalized the plan. Eden truly understood what I wanted and how to arrange it in the available space. When everything was ready for installation a few weeks later, Josh came to install it all.

It took 2 days to install everything, but Josh was a pleasure to have in the house. He couldn't have been quieter while he worked or cleaned up better after he was done. He paid special attention to how I wanted to fine tune some of the hanging bars, belt and tie racks and the set up for the wifi, TV and stereo equipment. I've been using the space for about 3 months now and everyday I find that Eden NAILED it. Everything is set up exactly as I wanted it. I couldn't be more pleased with everyone I dealt with at Closet Factory & recommend them highly.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

After 20 years of single rods we decided to update the closet. After a couple of bids, we chose the Closet Factory. Our rep, Shelli was terrific. She understood our needs now and how they may change over time. The result was perfect. The job was done in one day and looks perfect. I would highly recommend this company.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Installers did a lousy job and were more interested in leaving than doing quality work. Multiple times they asked me to sign off on the work so they could go. The shelf looked "off." I put my level to it and it was way off. They protested and went back to work. This happened several times and I spent a lot of time holding them to their word to do quality work. After 2 visits the job is still not complete. I will not do business with them again and I strongly recommend doing business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

The people who owned the unit before me used Closet Factory, so I also used them when I first moved in. Then, we used them when I needed some additional work done. Our most recent work with them was shelves. The designer was adorable. The interactions we had were beautiful and she did a great job. The installation went perfectly, too. Overall, it's been perfect with Closet Factory.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We have a home that was built in the 1980s that had custom closets in them, but they were dated, and they weren't very functional for our family. I wanted estimates on completely pulling all of the original built-ins out of our closets and putting in something with a more functional design. Closet Factory was willing to offer a free in-home estimate because I really didn't have any concept of how much the project will cost and that was valuable to me. We had an exceptional designer and she was very professional. She did a very good job of working with us. Her follow-up was always timely and very thorough. She explained everything very well, and it was very clear that she was motivated to earn our business, and she handled it in a very straightforward and confident manner.

The installation process was super easy and there's only one thing that went wrong. There was a misinterpretation in the measurements and one element of the project didn't accomplish what we wanted, and I'm gonna have to follow up to try and get that fixed. There were custom hardwood floors in a portion of our home. When the old built-ins were removed and the new closet was put in, I told them that there were no hardwood floors underneath the existing built-ins. The custom hardwood floors were added after the existing built-ins.

I told them that whatever they design, to make sure that when the old built-ins are removed, and the subfloor is revealed, that any new closet installation entirely covers the gap where the subfloor is. That didn't get executed quite properly so I have two small spaces in one of the closets where the subfloor and the edge of the custom hardwood floor showed, and I'm gonna have to come with some solution for trimming that. If there is any way to follow up and get some remnants of material from our closet, so that we could have another carpenter cut a small strip of trim for that piece, that would be very nice. Other than that, everything was done very well.

We will probably use Closet Factory again for some subsequent projects in the house and I would absolutely refer someone. I especially would refer my friends that are members of Costco because I've got competitive bids, and I felt like Closet Factory had very competitive pricing, particularly being a Costco member. The designer services were very well-executed, and the pricing was competitive.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Closet Factory is right across the street from my office, and I read a little bit about them online and talked to some folks and liked what I heard. The people from Closet Factory came to my house, walked me through everything, and did a nice, little design. They also had me in their design studio, and showed me the materials. I liked it, signed it up, and within a couple of weeks, a master closet and a linen closet were installed. The installer was great, showed up on time, cleaned up after himself, and did a good install.

Closet Factory author review by Jessica Render

Closet Factory has been customizing closet systems for homeowners for over two decades. They can also help you develop an organizational system for your home office, garage, pantry and more.

• Organizational guides: Perfect for those who don’t know where to start, Closet Factory has over a dozen free downloadable organizational guides that cover topics related to home organization.

• Free consultation: Schedule a free consultation with a designer to start the process of turning your closet into an organized space. Simply fill out a form online.

• National company: There are 45 Closet Factory locations nationwide, so there is a good chance you can find one near you. Check their website to find out where they are located.

• Design board: Pin design ideas you love from the Closet Factory website to your personal Closet Factory design board. You can share your board on your social media sites or print it out.

• Blog: Find more inspirational ideas, tips and articles on Closet Factory’s blog. Topics include fashion, crafts, closets and organization.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Closet Factory Company Information