4.75/5
  • 1 star
Based on 423 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

Closet Factory Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

503 Closet Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I browsed online a bit and I liked the designs that Closet Factory had than any other closet factory. The designer that came over was really friendly. They explained everything and went over everything clearly. I had some garage closets installed. The installers were quick, efficient and did their thing. I would recommend them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I had talked to a couple of other closet companies then a friend recommended for me to use Closet Factory. He had a positive experience dealing with them and I had a good experience, too. They did some built in cabinets and counter space for a home office. My interaction with the designer was positive. They were able to do what I wanted and were very accommodating and helpful. I was satisfied and I would use them again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

We had Closet Factory revamp our closet space in the hallway. It was just cabinets and some drawers weren't the way I wanted it to be. The designer did a fantastic job. I told him what I wanted and he exactly knew what I wanted. He also knew what dimensions would best fit my needs. The experience went really smoothly.

My husband was there for the installation and we had two contractors at that time. He said that they were professional because they were able to work around one another. And the cleanup went well too. A lot of the times contractors come and cleanup wasn’t as tidy as I would like it but Closet Factory did a fantastic job. The product’s quality is great but I wish I had chosen them to do the painting or the finishing as well. I let other individuals paint it because we have our own paint but it didn’t turn out as well. There are a lot of intricate designs on the cabinet and, with poor painting, I did not like the finish of it. But that was nothing on Closet Factory’s part.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

The Closet Factory sales guy I had was so good that I decided on them instead of another company. He clearly understood our situation and he was able to really write things out for us. He gave us a feeling that they knew what they were doing and that they could do what we wanted to be done. So, we had peace of mind. We did a walk-in closet and we are very happy. The installation crew was good and very quick as well.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We were looking to add a walk-in closet to our Master along with closets in our kids bedroom in anticipation of our new baby. We signed the contract with a designer who seemed to lure us about Costco discount only to realize that he had no idea what he was doing. We regret choosing Closet Factory and highly recommend to be cautious in choosing an able designer. We are still unsure if the designer miscommunicated the plan or if the entire operations chain of this office is a disaster. Plan that was finalized and that was sent to the installers were completely different. We encountered series of issues and the front office kept asking us to touch base with the designer even after a month of incomplete installation. The designer finally came and started sharing the wrong cost because of which he said we had cut back on the orders. He came to us showing a bill for less than 13 K while we had paid 14.3k.

Upon vehemently refuting it, he offered to provide the missing pieces (jewelry drawer, doors of the cabinet) and promised to follow up. Again, upon not hearing anything later, I called the front office only to learn that nothing was communicated and they needed more time. However, front office agreed that the designer had the wrong cost estimates and confirmed we are due for the Costco voucher upon completion of the job. Couple days later, installers were sent without a jewelry box stating that we had not paid for the same with mismatched cabinets and with improper handles to the doors of the cabinets. At this point, front office reports that are not responsible for what going us and prefer we talk to designer or their supervisor to whom I had relayed this information couple weeks ago already. We were promised a phone call with the follow up. We didn't hear back from the designer who promised to complete the job nor the supervisor.

The front office clearly didn't want to deal with us anymore and here we are still sitting on a unfinished project in Dec 2017 which was due in late Sep/Oct 2017 (per designers promise)... I'm due anytime now and feel extremely overwhelmed and disappointed by the way this entire episode was handled. The company lacks ownership and no wants to take responsibility for what went wrong and it's still an incomplete job with no professional follow up even today. I'm utterly dissatisfied, more so for putting us through this during such a important phase of our life. We would like to register an official complaint against Closet Factory, Seattle and our designer in specific.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I have used another closet company eight years ago and it was a horrible experience. I did four different bedrooms with Closet Factory and it was just the basic materials that they have because I was in a hurry to get it done before the summer was over. It was the full shelving, hanging and transformed the whole closet but with the basic materials. Their designer was fabulous. She was thorough, quick and had it designed for me. I was able to see it on the computer. I really liked her. The installation was great too. Compared to the previous installers that I had, these guys were really good and they were clean. It took them three hours to complete the job. The whole thing was just very professional.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Closet Factory products are reasonably priced but I also had California Closets come out to do a comparison of both companies. I liked the fact that when they were onsite, California Closet used a computer model to show me the exact outfit and changes of the layout, which I thought was very interactive and very nice to actually see, and they were able to give me a quote and tell me options right then and there. That's something I would suggest to the Closet Factory as that was a really great experience as a consumer. The Closet Factory designer was very responsive and matched the deal with me, and I had a closet installed in our bedroom. However, after installation, I noticed that one of the boards at the bottom isn't staying, and it's because it's kind of adhering. It's probably just a change in the heat and old and I feel that maybe now it's not fitting tightly. My experience with Closet Factory was easy and simple, and the product came out great.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Closet Factory did the closet system for my wife. It's an organized and a better system with stuff drawers and hanging rods. Our messy stuff that used to be on shelves could now be in drawers. The designer was very helpful, gave some good suggestions and worked very well with my wife. Our experience was good. Closet Factory did a great job in the time that they allotted.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I’ve worked with Closet Factory several times. The first time was about three years ago. So far, I liked their quality, selection, price and they’re close by. We did a wall bed, desk, shelf units, and then, we did several closets. They're holding pretty good. We’ve had a few problems with the drawers in one of the rooms, but other than that, they're okay. Closet Factory has been great coming out and fixing it.

I have had different designers all three times. I did not love the first one. She was just lacking experience and I knew exactly what I wanted. It was for the bigger room with the wall bed and it took a bit of back and forth until she understood what I needed. She had to ask a lot of questions. But other than that, she was fine. As for the other two, I didn't have any problem. Installation in all three instances was great. Fast and easy. There was a problem with one of them with the screw, but they came out and fixed it. I’ve been happy so far and I’ll be using Closet Factory again for some garage stuff.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We had a two-bedroom closet and a pantry installed by Closet Factory. The designer was great. He was courteous, on time, plus I knew him. Also, the installation went well. I definitely had a good experience with Closet Factory.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have used California Closets before but I thought I'd go with Closet Factory for my laundry room. The Closet Factory designer was out saying things very intelligent. She had a computer that shows what she had. I had a little issue and she solved it so I really liked her. The installers got in and got out and it was excellent. Overall, Closet Factory was outstanding.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We had our master bedroom closet done by Closet Factory. The expectation and the problem solving were upfront, and the design was exceptional. We talked to some other closet companies and Closet Factory was the most responsive and their website was a little more informative. Their designer stood out among the others that came out. He was more professional, more knowledgeable, responsive and really good. He answered our questions while the others didn't have in-depth knowledge or answers or even solutions. Closet Factory was able to work with us in solving challenges that we brought up on the spot.

The installation crew was fine. The one drawback was the quality of the finished work. Things weren’t flushed, and what was expected and what was actually delivered didn't align so there definitely was a disappointment on that front. And to be getting a follow-up this late from the actual installation, they got disappointing. I was expecting to hear back the day after or even a week after. We have three other closets in our house that were installed by California Closets. And comparing those installations to the Closet Factory master bedroom closet, the difference in the quality of the install is quite extreme. Our bar sat by the other three closets and it fell short.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I like Closet Factory’s location and we had them do two master closets and a laundry room in our house. The designer was very friendly and helpful, and the installation crew was great. The Closet Factory team did a great and timely job, although there's always room for improvement. They were informative and professional and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Closet Factory's product was very good. We had a closet installed five months ago and the product they used was nice, durable and thick. The designers were always taking care of me and they are very helpful. Installation was very good. The crew was very friendly and very polite. They came in on time and finished it on time. It was perfect.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

From the design to the finish product, Closet Factory was professional, innovative and budget conscience. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great ideas for storage and stylish built in!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Closet Factory turned my extra bedroom into a closet with shelves and everything. Their designer was very nice and she answered all of my questions. The installers both did a great job. On the second day, only the lady installer came and finished the job, and she vacuumed the whole place and cleaned it before she left.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I live in a fairly rural area and Closet Factory renders service in our area. They installed our pantry system. From design, install, to the follow-up, it was a great experience. The installers took two-thirds of a day to put the closet in and they did a great job. I would recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I liked Closet Factory’s designer, Laurie. I interviewed a couple but I felt comfortable with her and she could tell me exactly what was going to happen. We had a very good connection and she's a very clear communicator. And she sketched out right there so I saw what she's going to do. Plus, their factory's local so I liked going over there and everything was done right here. I had them install a closet for a small bedroom and the team was very professional and did a great job.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I’ve had friends that had used Closet Factory and I had seen some of their work. I walked into their showroom, talked to the woman there and we had set up an appointment for her to meet with me and my wife at our house. The designer was very professional and very friendly. The design for the master closet was great and the price was reasonable so, we went with it. I left the installers to do the job and the installation went smoothly. The work was performed as agreed and as promised. We’re very happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We looked at different companies and talked to a couple of different ones, and ultimately, we decided to go with Closet Factory. We like the quality of the materials and part of it had to do with how it was put together. The weight-bearing was going to be held on the floor instead of by the wall, for example, and it wasn’t just going to be hung on the wall. I also like that they were going to be building the closets locally, as well as my experience with the designer. She was very attentive and had a lot of information and she was willing to try a lot of things to get what we really wanted.

We had built a walk-in closet with a new addition and the installation team was great. I was working from home that day, and they were very quiet. They did not require a lot of my attention but when they did, they were very respectful of my opinion and my time. We installed in August and the drawers are still working well and nothing is chipped or broken. The Closet Factory team was very professional, swift, thorough and flexible. We have another closet that we’re going to have to do at some point, and we will call Closet Factory again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I had a friend of mine who had used Closet Factory a couple of times and he recommended them. I have two closets from them. They did a whole closet system for me, customed to my needs. I had drawers put in it and space for hangers. It has storage up above and a place for shoes. They also put a laundry bin. Whatever I needed, they've done with perfection. It's the second time I've used them. The first time I used them, a gentleman designed a special space for me and also, a desk office area. Then the second time, a woman came out and she was really nice and easy to work with. The quality of work is excellent. I'm very happy and I would highly recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I had Closet Factory install a walk-in closet with some drawers as well. The designer was awesome and she came in and listened to everything my husband and I wanted in the closet. She then drew a little on her computer and was able to adjust accordingly. And she was able to give good insights as well as examples of prior closets. She really hit on all the options and specifically gave me what I wanted. Their installers were quick and everything was done right and I was really happy with the end result. They were flexible with the dates, too. We'll go back to Closet Factory for some other closet.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Closet Factory did our closet and compared to other companies, their work is stronger and the way they mount the closets in the garage or to the floor and not to the wall is so much better. I also got two other companies do the estimates and Closet Factory was a bit more expensive, but the quality makes up for it. Closet Factory came out, did the measurements in front of us, and they were on point because they had a computer. I could tell them if something was too much, to take away one cupboard or make a cupboard a single one, and they would do the drawings in two minutes, while the other ones had drawn them all by hand and take a long time. They were extremely low pressure, too, and I liked the experience all around.

During installation, the installers were very clean and they took away their garbage. There weren’t any cabinets in the garage in the first place, but they were done in a day. They did it right the first time and I was impressed. Also, I originally used another closet company in my first condo and I could tell the difference in quality. With Closet Factory, the doors are lined up properly, the handles are good and it’s not particle board in the back. Closet Factory is professional, efficient, amazing, and I'm in love with them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I had Closet Factory install a wooden closet organizer in my child's bedroom. Their designer was very nice and very personable but I'm not sure with her ideas. I had already measured it out and I knew what my daughter wanted but she wasn't listening to me at first about the drawer size and space. We wasted a lot of time doing a lot of other possible designs but we ended up coming back to the one I had presented her in the beginning. Also, the designer didn't inform the installer about an outlet up in the closet. It would've been a complete showstopper for getting the installations done that day if I had not solved it at that moment. However, the installer was really good at what he did and overall, it turned out very nice.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We went to a homearama in Virginia Beach and we liked the display that Closet Factory had. We worked with Sharon, their designer, and had them installed closet organizers in our master bedroom. She was wonderful and everything about her was great including her suggestions, designs, efficiency and she was just on top of everything. Their installers were in and out, very professional, cleaned up, and better than expected. Everything was absolutely perfect. It was better than most customer service experiences I’ve had.

I would work with Sharon every day of the week and twice on Sunday because she was just that professional and personable. With some people, I get the impression that they’re there to get the money and be done with it and Sharon was far from that. She cared about her customers, their satisfaction, and their designs. The experience was above outstanding and superior to the point that once we moved, we contacted her again and have her do another closet system within our house.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I used Closet Factory and the price was right. The designs were great too. The designer was very professional. He seemed really young but he had a lot of experience and knowledgeable in his craft. The installations were great and sturdy, and everything worked great. We had other contractors working at the same time and there were a lot of changes in the schedule and things get delayed and pushed out, so I had to reschedule my installation once or twice. To Closet Factory's credit, they warned me that it could be up to four to six weeks before they can give me another date. It would've been nice if there was a little bit more flexibility though. But on the other hand, they called and told us that a day opened up and asked if we could do that day. They were great about the follow up. I told my boss he should use them too.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Closet Factory sells affordable products. Their rep was a nice guy and an intelligent salesman. He kept to San Francisco and was like a local. He was also attentive and figured out what we wanted. We got what we paid for and more because he helped us get it right. The installation also went well. Their team didn't tear my house apart and they didn't take long. They came in and were done in a few hours. They did a great job and I have some other orders with them I would probably continue.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Closet Factory was referred to me by a group I worked with who helps you move into a house and packs your stuff. I had a wall unit where shelves had originally been designed to accommodate a TV and I didn't need that kind of accommodation anymore so I needed to replace that unit into a wall with shelves and doors across them. My point person was very good because he had both the technical and artistic ability to do the job. He looked at my unit, assessed it and knew what the workman would have to do when they came in and he measured it up. It came out really beautifully. Also, the installation guy made it less scary because it's really tough to watch stuff get torn out off the wall. He was terrific. If right now I had the budget, I would call Closet Factory to redo our walk-in closet off our master bedroom. Their service was definitely amazing. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I had cabinets put into my garage a year and a half ago. I reached out online and I got a meeting set with the designer who came to my house. His name was Ish and he was great. He was very helpful, knowledgeable and responsive. He did a proposal using 3D and photos, and I went to his office and went through the exact materials and finish color that I wanted. I bought my own handles and dropped it off at the factory. Then I had an installation about a month and a half later after my initial meeting with them. So, it was pretty fast. They were not the cheapest option I looked at but the quality was there for what I wanted.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Closet Factory's quotes were easy to understand and they were fair with their pricing. We have had some service issues with the prior company we were using, so we hunted down a new one. We used Closet Factory on a few projects of ours earlier this year. Recently, we had them install cubicles and a custom shelving system for the closets. Everything was satisfactory with the installation and there were no issues.

Closet Factory Company Information