Call toll free
4.77/5
Based on 714 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

796 Closet Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

The design service and guidance as well as the installation were exceptional. The finished product completely transformed an inefficient hall closet with builder grade materials to a modern and efficient storage area which we can now use to supplement our kitchen pantry. We are extremely pleased and highly recommend Closet Factory!

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My experiences with Closet Factory were very positive. They did a closet for us and we were pleased with it. It's certainly functional. The designer we worked with was very accessible and responsive. She nudged us along when we were having an impasse. We were also considering them to do a built-in media center in our living room. However, the product they used for shelving wasn't real wood. And it was chintzy and thin. So we went with another provider to design and build what we wanted to do that would be in public view. But Closet Factory was fine for our closet which no one else was gonna be looking at it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I looked for places that happened to be near me and called a couple of different companies. Closet Factory gave me a callback when others didn't. The designer was great, upbeat and friendly. She came right out and did a great job. However, my closet was turned into a pantry so they put some shelving in there. The guy that came out was right on time and was in and out in less than four hours. Overall, Closet Factory did a great job. I would definitely use them again if I ever needed a project done and would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The designer I met from Closet Factory lived one neighborhood away from me. She came out to my place, looked around and shared a lot of great information that she had. Working with her was a good experience. Also, Closet Factory gave me a nice catalog with a lot of different ideas. Once I put in my order, Closet Factory gave me a schedule which was nice to know upfront. I liked that they worked with my schedule. They're not rigid and they came when they said they would.

I had their company install using a product that looks like wood. The installation was for my closet and I got hooks, drawers and shoe shelves that were all adjustable from them. I had double hanging there and I got trim as well. Overall, I really liked the work done by Closet Factory. I've called their designer back for another job. Her experience and knowledge keeps me coming back. She's friendly and quick as well. Also, I knew the company all over but they had local people, right down the road I could walk to from my house. That made a big difference.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I used Closet Factory years ago. I had a garage installed by them. The Closet Factory designer I worked with was fantastic. She was experienced and knew what I was asking for. She drew it up and got it done. They were scheduled pretty far out and I needed it done sooner and she also made that happen. The installers were great. But because I wanted it done sooner, there were a couple of small things that didn't come in yet. They were delayed so they had to come back and do those.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: June 11, 2018

We decided we wanted to redo my walk-in closet so we went into the showroom. We liked Closet Factory's expertise. They seemed to be very knowledgeable about the product. The designer, Heather, was great. She was very thorough and easy and enjoyable to work with. The installation crew seemed efficient and knowledgeable as well. They came when they said they would and worked hard when they were there. But we had a granite counter put in there and the doors were so long that they were in back order. So follow-up appointments were needed. Still, everything looked very professionally done. We were very satisfied with Closet Factory and I would recommend them.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My experience with Closet Factory was wonderful right down from the sales gal all the way to the installer. My only complaint was, one of the extra added things that I had was the jewelry drawer in the bank of shelves and it's pretty expensive like almost $300. They also installed it but it's so high. I'm 5'7" and I can just barely get up there to look into it. And by the time I went in and the installer was done, I'm like "Oh my gosh, this is so high. If anybody bought this house that is 5'3", they'd need a step stool to have to get up to get into it." They really need to get the installer in there and ask what height they want. Because he just put it fast and had I known, I would have told him to put it a whole 6 inches lower.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Aside from the reviews, Closet Factory worked with our builder, Wonderland, being part of our mortgage which made us decide to have them put in a lot of products including drawers and shelves. The designer that we worked with was great and really helpful. She explained all the products, asked our budget including what we needed, and gave us options. The installation is still in the process and we're still a month away, but it has been good so far.

Original review: June 9, 2018

There were a couple of companies that come out and gave me bids. But I was impressed with Jessica, the closet designer from Closet Factory. She took the time to actually measure the width of all the clothes hanging and how much space I really needed. She also took the time to measure our widest pair of shoes and counted all the shoes to make sure we had enough shoe space. I like the way that she designs and I'm extremely happy with the closet. Everything with the installation went really smoothly too. One man came and did the whole installation, and was finished in just a couple of hours. I would recommend Closet Factory to everybody.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I was pleased with Debbie, the rep from Closet Factory. She was very professional, friendly and she listened to what I had to say. The price was right as well. I had shelves for the shoes installed by their company. There were also three sections installed so I could hang trousers and long dresses and those were very nice. However, I don’t have enough hanging space for some of the clothes. The closet itself is not that big either. Still, the installers did a good job. They also cleaned up after themselves. All in all, Closet Factory was very knowledgeable. I'd absolutely recommend them to others.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I was looking a lot online for things that I could have somebody build up. And when I started looking at the price of the material, the shipping cost and then hiring someone to come and do that, it started to get very expensive. So my girlfriend recommended that I look into a certain closet company but then I got Closet Factory's flyer in the mail that same day so I just reached out to them thinking it can't hurt to ask. And so I spoke with their designer, Lisa, and she was fantastic. She was very clear and patient. She took into consideration what I wanted to spend and what I was looking for, and spent quite a bit of time measuring and going through the different options. She followed up with text, emails and phone calls. Even when they were installing, she was following up on that and afterwards also.

Closet Factory built me a wardrobe with four sections plus shelves on both sides. It has of course the closet space, a shoe space and a storage space. It goes from the floor to almost the ceiling and so it takes up almost the full wall in the loft area. Then the wood is not a "wood" wood. I want to be able to mix, match and I didn't want a "wood" wood color and then have to try and match wood to wood for the headboard and tables. So the wardrobe looks almost gray black with some brown. And it's very well constructed. The guys who did it were awesome and very professional. They were in and out in one day and they cleaned up after themselves. They did a great job. I spent a little bit more than I had anticipated but it was well worth the investment. And overall, it was a very good experience. I would use them again if I needed to in a heartbeat.

Original review: June 8, 2018

A neighbor and several people around here have used Closet Factory. And when I wanted a second pantry, I went straight to them. I was happy with my salesperson and the designer was very good and very helpful. Then, the installation went great and was completed in about four hours. I was happy with the installer as well. He was working in a tight area and there was no mess. All in all, I was pleased with Closet Factory.

Original review: June 7, 2018

The closet designer from Closet Factory called me and had a long presentation plan. But I'm not living in the place and I only wanted the standard package since I'm a 30-year-old male and I care 1% about closets. I just wanted a walk-in master bedroom closet that had shelves. The installation didn't go entirely smoothly and that's partially my fault. The building that they installed the closet in, I needed to get them permission to use the elevator to bring supplies, but I didn't know how many loads of supplies they needed. And then, the elevator was not available that day for that many loads of supplies. But the installer was cool about it and helped reschedule. At the same time, the renters were moving in, so it was a little hectic. Another was that I had written an email to Closet Factory to ask for the installers' names because I needed to report them to the front desk. But I never got a response and that was a point of annoyance.

It's a $12,000 closet and I just paid my credit card bill. I was surprised that I never got to see a picture. I've not seen or walked in the closet. I don't know if it was a good or a messy job. I don't live in the same state that the unit is in, although I may live in the unit in the future. And so, I would love to see what it looks like. If I were to do it again, I would do a bit more homework. Because I asked for the basic sort of getup and $12,000 felt like a bit on a high side.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We were looking for somebody that would do a Murphy bed. I did a Google search and Closet Factory had good reviews. We worked with one of the owners who is one of the engineers. He was great. We wanted something special that they had not ever really done before and they were willing to research it, get any mechanism and try it and make this special thing for us. So it was great. However, the installation really took a while. They were there pretty much all day, close to nine hours. But they worked solid.

We were expecting it would have been pretty much built and they would just bring it in and set it up. But they had to do a fair amount of the building while they were there. They had to cut out a piece of the baseboard to fit it up against the wall and it was quite an effort. They were also very considerate of our time, very polite and professional too. They cleaned up as well. I would highly recommend them to somebody. It was a great experience all around and it turned out to be a beautiful piece of furniture for us.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We have used Closet Factory in 2005. We had them do some closets, add some closets in our clothes closet. And then the harder part was the shelving for CDs. We had four or five of them. They had incorporated those so it looked like it has been built in. Recently, we had some changes made in the clothes closet. We had some shelving for my husband's nice collection of phonograph records. And then, in the den, we had a few shelves put in to help us store things. The closet designer was very good and so was the fellow that came out and did it. He was worth every second, and he surprised us at how quickly he got it down. All in all, Closet Factory is good and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Closet Factory's reviews seemed good and the prices were reasonable. We had them build out our mudroom closet for shoes, purses and coats. The rep was super helpful, friendly and down to earth. She was knowledgeable and she knew what she was doing. She also took the time to measure our other closet. It was just out of our price range at this time, but she took the time to do whatever we wanted in the house and got any type of design choices and ideas in our head. So, it worked out well. The installation was fast and easy. The installer was efficient. He was in, got his job done, he made me check it to see if everything looked good, and then he signed off and he was on his way. We love the finished product and we are very satisfied with Closet Factory.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Closet Factory installed 6 closets that we have. We did four at a time and then two at another. The technicians that I had come to the house were very professional, efficient and clean. Both crews were good plus the ones that came the second time were even better. Their designer was great as well. She made a lot of good suggestions and those things worked out and I was happy with it.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My organizer, Lou, recommended Closet Factory and I had two closets full of shelves installed. Lou designed those closets for me. She did a better job than the local cabinetmaker. She's been working with me for a long time. The closets are in the bedrooms but I’m not using them as bedrooms. I’m using one as an office and a sewing studio. The other room is a painting studio.

The installation went very well. We just kept working around the installer and didn’t pay much attention to him. However, somebody forgot to load his truck correctly one time. He had to leave and go back and get what we wanted and needed. Even so, the closets are beautiful. We took the doors off of the closets and then we installed the shelves in there. They have a curve in the inside corner. They really are pretty, having the frame of a door around them and then the shelves inside where the closet was. So it's just open shelves opened into the room, which added a lot of space to the room and it's elegant-looking even though they are just white shelves. It’s because of the way it’s styled. Also, the quality is great. There was one side where the Formica had chipped off and we just put it up high where you couldn’t see it. All in all, Closet Factory provides a very efficient way to get new closet shelves.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We considered a couple of closet companies. We spoke with a representative from Closet Factory and we were impressed with her so we went with them. She ended up doing the designing. She understood very quickly what we wanted and found a way to make that work in a limited space. We had them install a closet in the master bedroom, a laundry room and a mudroom entry. The installers were efficient. I was impressed with Closet Factory from start to finish. They were professional and on time, and got the job done right the first time. I'd highly recommend them based on being very satisfied.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I wanted to get some different bids and interviewed different companies here in Arizona. I got three estimates for my master walk-in closet and Closet Factory's designer was fantastic. She worked with me and stayed within the budget. It was a good experience. The installer was a great guy too. He told me what they were gonna do and everything was smooth and quick. Closet Factory did great job and if I knew anybody who was looking at doing some closets, I would definitely say to give them a shot.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I liked Closet Factory’s sales lady, Sarah. She was very friendly, experienced, easy going, and very professional. I had a master closet installed and the installer was great, efficient, and timely. They had to come back for the handles on the drawers. The lady came back on her own time two days later. Everything is perfect. It was a good experience and I'd definitely use Closet Factory again.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We had a great experience with Closet Factory. We liked their price and we had a big bookshelf system installed on one of our walls here. The installation was great, and the installers cleaned up nicely. They encountered some problems that weren’t anticipated and they were very good about handling it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

The closet designer from Closet Factory was great and professional. She showed me 3D models on her tablet on what it would look like, and a couple of different options to choose from. I had them installed a closet organizer for a master bedroom closet. It was easy enough that they just sent one guy out to do the installation. He was in and out, did it quickly and didn’t make a mess, so that was good. People should talk to Closet Factory and see what they can do to help them with organizing needs.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Our experience with Closet Factory was good. We had a pantry done. Their designer was very good and the installation went well. Then we used them again and got window systems. She got it done as appropriate as possible. And now we are still waiting on the labor date for our window cuttings.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We heard about Closet Factory from the place we were moving into. We had products installed in the living room and in the two dens. The installer was great and everything was fine.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We really liked Laura, the Closet Factory rep who came out. She gave us a plan and spoke with us about the laundry room that we wanted them to work on. Their prices were a lot cheaper, too. So, we went with them. The designer was awesome and I loved her. Her personality was fun and she'd tell us if something would work or not. She also listened to our ideas and implemented a design based on what was important for us. We could tell that she'd been doing it for a long time. Then, everything was installed fine and the installers weren't here all day for that. Plus, our laundry room came out fantastic.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I looked around and Closet Factory was the best option. I had a cabinet installed in the garage, and I had a great experience with them. The designer was great. She came, measured everything and we set up a date. I paid her and then it got done. The process was really easy and very smooth. However, for the cheap material installed, it was too much money. Even so, the guy who installed my cabinet was awesome. We had a great communication. He gave me an estimate amount of time of the installation and that's how long it took so it was good. Closet Factory helped organize me. People should look into them and if it's something that they wanna do and they wanna be organized, they should go ahead and install if they have the money to afford them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I heard about Closet Factory from an interior designer that we work with. The only other provider that was out was the Container Store, but I liked more Closet Factory's service and I liked their product better. I had a closet installed and the designer I worked with was good. I liked that she could take a look at the space and know what would work best, and could make the most use out of it. She was also willing to work within our budget. The installation was good as well.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I had Closet Factory install a closet for me considering what I thought was their price then. I thought I was gonna be getting a better deal than what I got and it took a month to get it in. Looking back, if I had to do it over again I probably would have gone a different direction and be just as happy, saved several hundred bucks and gotten it a lot faster. Although the closet turned out nice, for what I got, it was awfully expensive. There are some baskets, shelving and a spot for hanging the clothes on. It was a really small job which took the guy about two hours. And I just find it hard to believe that they wouldn’t have had two hours in over the course of a month that they could’ve gotten here and sent it to me before three weeks. I kept calling and saying, “Would you happen to have any other opening?” That part was just extremely frustrating.

But I had signed on the dotted line before I knew how long it was gonna take. So in the mean time I had stuff scattered all over my house. And then I had to put half of the payment down when I first did it, so I’m out $750. Although the girl that came was knowledgeable, and she had this software and she sat here with me and we designed it all out. That’s why I was excited. It's just that the scheduling was off.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We looked at California Closets and though it was gonna be extraordinarily beautiful, it was gonna be extraordinarily expensive as well. We knew where Closet Factory was as we had been there before so we went to them. We had a bathroom gutted and started from scratch, and we had them do a closet in it. My husband was probably challenging for the designer because he wanted to use every inch of space possible and it was supposed to be a custom closet. So, she called and they promised that they would do that. They would make the drawers as long as he requested to use all the empty space in the back.

We weren’t home the day it was installed, but the drawers were not installed. Closet Factory didn’t do what they said they were going to do at all, so we have all this empty space in the back that could easily have been used. It’s really not a total custom experience. It is custom according to what they have available. Other than that, it’s a beautiful look and it fits beautifully in the bathroom. The doors that were chosen were good and it looks nice. But if other people really want custom, they need to deal with somebody else.

Closet Factory expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet Factory has been customizing closet systems for homeowners for over two decades. They can also help you develop an organizational system for your home office, garage, pantry and more.

• Organizational guides: Perfect for those who don’t know where to start, Closet Factory has over a dozen free downloadable organizational guides that cover topics related to home organization.

• Free consultation: Schedule a free consultation with a designer to start the process of turning your closet into an organized space. Simply fill out a form online.

• National company: There are 45 Closet Factory locations nationwide, so there is a good chance you can find one near you. Check their website to find out where they are located.

• Design board: Pin design ideas you love from the Closet Factory website to your personal Closet Factory design board. You can share your board on your social media sites or print it out.

• Blog: Find more inspirational ideas, tips and articles on Closet Factory’s blog. Topics include fashion, crafts, closets and organization.

• Best for: Closet Factory is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs