Call toll free
4.78/5
Based on 669 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Closet Factory understands the importance of organization and harmony in your home. That's why we work with your budget to create beautiful storage solutions that fit your needs. Our designers use a premium 3D design software that allows you to customize and visualize your new space before it's built or installed. Call us today for a free in-home design consultation and be on your way to a home that's as unique as you are.

Closet Factory Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

842 Closet Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The service was excellent. Beginning with the design all the way through installation was flawless. We had a very tight delivery date due to an upcoming wedding and they performed. I can’t say enough about Amanda **. She is an expert and designed a closet which met our budget and surpassed our expectations. We will be using Closet Factory for our other built ins and closets.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I had Closet Factory install one walk-in and three pullouts closets. The installers did a great job. I recommend this company.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Closet Factory responded immediately to the request for information and then set up an appointment. They were also very thorough, attentive and quick. I've had two closets remodeled with the doors, shelves, and hanging. The installation went very smoothly, and I did not have to be involved really well. The designer had done a great job for us.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I've had an excellent experience with Closet Factory. I had a room converted into a closet and I had them install the closet. Missy was my designer and we gelled. She was very good at what she does. She went around and looked at everything that I had and she was able to draw up a plan. She was also very friendly and nice. Then, during the installation, one man came and he was wonderful. I felt very at ease and he was great with my dog. Since then, I've been loving my closet! I show it off to everyone. I would definitely recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I’ve known about Closet Factory for years and I chose them because of the designer whom I worked with and her responsiveness, her creativity, and her knowledge. I had bedroom closets installed and the installation experience was great. The installation crew was excellent too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Original review: July 25, 2018

I interviewed two other closet companies and one was California Closets. I stopped there at 3 o'clock on a Friday afternoon, but it was closed, although the door sign said from 10:00 to 6:00. And when I called them, I didn't get them. I got somebody else because the calls were forwarded to someplace else, so it really burned me on California Closets. I tried another company, Closet by Design, and the lady came to the house. We sat and talked and she drew up some temporary things to look at. In the long run, they would be several thousand dollars cheaper than Closet Factory, but the products weren't the quality we were looking for. The prices that they had quoted weren't gonna be doing all the things that Closet Factory had told me.

I met Beth, our Closet Factory consultant, at a Homearama many months before we contacted them. There were model homes on display and she was there representing Closet Factory and one of their custom closets. It was beautiful. She was a real professional and exceptional. She was a lovely person, left nothing out in detail and was very thorough. She was also very neat, efficient, pleasant, nice person and very personable. Beth was very special and I liked that she followed up. She came here and looked at my closet. I sent her pictures first and asked if it was enough for her to do. It turned out she does closets for 10 times what we've spent. We love the quality and everything else.

The man who did the installation was very professional and very thorough. He spent time with details that the average installer would not have done. He was a professional installer, a real carpenter, and a craftsman. He took pride in his work and he made sure that it was everything we wanted and even more. Closet Factory was absolutely incredible and it didn't matter that they were several thousands of dollars more than the other company. They did the whole closet the first time and I love what they did, which was a major job for that one closet that I had them come back and do my utility room closet for me. They had everything from drawer to places to hang my jewelry, as well as the shelving and arrangements for shoes. It was a very complete, thorough job. Our experience with Closet Factory was more than we could have hoped for and it was absolutely exceptional. Everything was as we were told it would be and more.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I was gonna do the shelving and bars in the master bedroom closet myself then, I threw my back out. I couldn't do it, so I talked to Closet Factory and they sounded like they do a good job, so I went with them. The designer that I dealt with was good and the installation went smoothly. They also did a pretty good job in cleaning up after the installation. Their people were really nice and I enjoyed working with them.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had some shelving, racks, drawers and shoe boxes done through Closet Factory. I got them mainly because of their name and reputation. The designer called to follow-up on everything and it was great. Any little issues we have him back out here and fixing it. I’m really pleased with the end product. It looks like a custom fit product. It turned out really nice and I got my money’s worth out of it. I would definitely recommend Closet Factory.

Original review: July 23, 2018

When we built our house 13 years ago, Closet Factory did our closet and they did a great job. They have also been super receptive over all the years in having little tweaks and repairs made and I've always been pleased. The people from Closet Factory's team whom I've worked have hit the mark. When we made another room into my husband’s closet and then tweaked the closet we shared together for mine, they listened and nailed what we wanted. Also, the installers were friendly. It took them two full days to finish everything. They were attentive in putting mats down and being very careful about carrying things into my doors and down the hallway. They also asked me about things before they did it.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We were gonna choose between Closet Factory or a carpenter to do the custom installation. And we went with Closet Factory. We met with the designer at the house and we showed her what we were looking for. She came up with some plans and then we met with her the second time to go over the plans, make some selections for materials and talk about the price. We thought about it for a while then we got back with her and decided to go forward.

Then the installers were the next ones we engaged with. They came over and installed a wall unit, a combination of shelves, cupboards and a window seat. We had to ask them to come back because there were some caulking that had not been finished up when they had done the initial installation. Nevertheless, our engagement with everybody at Closet Factory was very positive. We’re very satisfied with the overall quality of the work done. We got what we paid for and we’re pleased with it. Closet Factory did a great job and I definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I'm a fashionista and I've always wanted a designer closet. I had Closet Factory install a floor to ceiling closet for me with a bunch of built-ins and some jewelry drawers. Their designer was great. She came to my house and I described to her exactly what I wanted and that's what she gave me. Also her customer service was excellent. She came with all the right tools -- everything she needed in order to measure and all the samples in order for me to see the different trims.

However, I didn't like the fact that I had to wait so long from consultation to installation. Still, I had a good experience when they installed. The guy who came uninstalled little wire racks that I had and asked me if I wanted to keep them. He kept all the hardware in a secure location and walked me through how to go about painting over the speckle from the wire shelves that he removed. The closet looked like it was flawless. I'd definitely recommend Closet Factory. You get the most for your money with them.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We called Closet Factory as I was looking specifically for someone who makes quality Murphy beds. They were friendly, helpful and efficient. The installers arrived five minutes before they said they would, and they finished by the time that they said they would and didn’t have to make any second trips. I knew everything was done right when they left. It’s all in there and very stable.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Their salesperson was the one that sold me on Closet Factory. She came out and was really good. I talked to another salesperson from another company but I didn’t think that she was on the ball. Closet Factory was a little expensive but we were getting something custom-made and I was willing to get something really nice. And it came out very nice. It was worth it. The installation went well also. The salesperson had already measured but before the actual install, the installer came and measured again. Then when they actually did the installation, everything went really good. Everything was done in one visit.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We have used Closet Factory before and went with them again because of the reputation. This last time, I knew what I wanted, and the designer went along with me and that worked out fine. It took two days to install everything. They did the cabinets and the little desk in the garage the first day and then, my closet, where they did lots of shoe places and hanging areas. The crew that came out were very nice and great. I would recommend Closet Factory to anybody that asked.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I talked to Closet Factory on the phone and I felt comfortable with the conversation, so I decided to go with them. I researched a few others but Closet Factory seemed like a good fit for me. I redid all of the closets in my house from the pantry to the bedroom and the hallway, and I had organization systems installed in every one of them. The designer I worked with was fantastic, very pleasant, and very customer service-oriented. He listened to what I needed and made recommendations regarding what he thought I needed, but he wasn’t trying to sell me more than I needed. When it came time to learn the prices, there was a little room for negotiation. I’m a firefighter and some of the work I do qualified me for a bit of a discount, so he made sure I knew that kind of stuff.

The installation was great as well. I had the experience of working with two different guys and they were really customer service-oriented, kept things nice and clean, and explained what they were doing. If they had to adapt to a certain situation on the closet, they explained what they were doing and even did some things that I didn’t even expect them to do that made it even look nicer. It was a good thing I gave trim boards because once they did all their installation, they were able to make things look much neater. They were very nice people. And when the work was done, I got a call from them asking how we liked everything and I said everything was good.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I went online and started googling companies in Williamsburg and Norfolk. Closet Factory’s prices were reasonable and their people were amazing. After they came out, I didn’t look any further and I went with Closet Factory. The representative for the company gave me all the options, the pricing and helped roll out the room. She did everything and there was no stress. It was wonderful and they were great. And even when I called in to confirm the appointment and the reps were really sweet and everything was a positive experience. The designer was very personable and she really believed in the product. What sold it was her passion. She also followed up and stayed on top of everything. She was in touch from the beginning till end and even after to see if we were still very satisfied.

The installers were on top of their game and very polite. They were good guys and took their time. They were also methodical and cleaned up after themselves. We did a complete master bedroom closet with drawers and hanging and room for a safe. It was beautiful and we also did a linen closet. We had a couple of handles that were damaged and they shipped them right to the house. My husband is techy so, he was able to install them. It was a nice experience and I’d do it again in a heartbeat and I’ve already recommended them to several neighbors.

Original review: July 18, 2018

We had been looking at other closet companies and talked to people about other closet companies. We happened to see the Closet Factory building and went inside and was very impressed with the fact that they made everything there. The people were very gracious and answered all of our questions. They sent out their designer who was very knowledgeable and who put everything together and gave us an estimate. Her design looked fabulous and we couldn’t turn it down. We had a master closet and guest closet installed and we had three pantry, laundry room closets done. I’ve had my neighbors over to see ours and they were so impressed with what we had done. They were sorry that they went with who they went with.

The installation was top-class. The guy who installed it was very patient and he knew exactly what he was doing. I didn’t even know he was here. The closet was done in a very quick and efficient way. It is clean and beautiful. I’m thankful everyday, when I go to my closet, that I have had them do my closets. I would totally recommend them and tell my friends to have Heather, the designer, come over and give them an estimate.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We just moved here from California four months ago, and we’re currently living with my daughter and son-in-law. We have a large home and we’re on the third floor. We needed some extra space because I was in the fashion apparel and we needed a closet space. We didn’t have adequate space, so what we did was we converted one of the rooms up here in the third floor into a closet. It worked out great, so we're really happy.

My daughter contacted Closet Factory, and the designer who came out was very professional and she came back a couple of other of times to check-on some other things. The workmanship was good. It was executed well and the quality of the merchandise that we have is fine. It should hold up for the rest of our lives. We’re really enjoying it now. My wife has about 90 pairs of shoes and I’ve got about 40. And being in the fashion industry, we’ve got so much clothes. And if we ever need any additional work, I look forward to working with Closet Factory again. It’s good.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Closet Factory's designer came out and asked me what it was I was looking for and I gave her a description and she put it together. They installed a closet system and five of my closets and it took them three days to finish. The installation went well. However, I wasn't happy with the way they did the trim work. I waited three weeks for them to come back and fix it. They said they had to wait to get me back on the schedule. Nevertheless, the installers were very good and pleasant. Also, Closet Factory's price was comparable to that of the other four closet companies I looked at but it was better for what I was getting. The combination of price and design led me to go with them.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We went with Closet Factory because of their designer Monica. We had worked with her when she was with another closet company. We had Closet Factory install a wall unit that spans the length of our master bedroom for clothing storage and displaying things. And then we had the interior of our walk-in closet done. It was everything we expected and everything was explained very well. The installation team did a great job. They cleaned up after themselves too.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I really like the sales representative when she came to talk to me. The whole part of the design process was great. Communication wasn't really good after that though. The designer said that she'd sent me the spec sheet and a rendered picture so I could show my husband. I never got them until the day before the installation. It was several months before we got the product installed because Closet Factory was really backed up. It was a long wait. And there were several emails back and forth. But other than that, it was fine. I had cabinets installed in my laundry room and they look great.

The guy that did the installation was really good. He was very polite. He was just one guy and he stuck to his word and got the job done. There was one door that was needed to be adjusted and he did that and showed me how to do it if I needed to in the future. Closet Factory is a little on the expensive side, but the whole process was pretty easy. I would recommend them. They did a good job.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I live in an older house that had a small pantry which is useless for food. So I thought I would use it for my dishes instead. The designer from Closet Factory was able to envision what I had in mind very well. Everything was perfect. She was very good and I couldn't be happier. She sent me the blueprint after she had it designed. A guy then came and tore out what was in my kitchen. I wasn't there that day but my husband who was there said he was nice and did a fine job. I was there the day the closet was built it. Again, the guy was really nice and it just took him a few hours to do the job.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We had Closet Factory do an entertainment system for us about seven years ago because of the workmanship they did. And recently we had our master closet done. Their designer was absolutely wonderful. She was just right on top of everything. We sat here and designed the closet ourselves and she gave us some helpful information and everything went perfect. Also you could not have asked for a more professional individual during the installation. Everything was done all perfect. We recommended them to several people and a couple of these people have had work done. The people at Closet Factory were professional, courteous, knowledgeable and a great pleasure to do business with.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I got a complete closet makeover from Closet Factory and the woman that came out was very professional. It was a little more money than I thought it was gonna be but it was a good experience.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I preferred to do business in the area and I saw Closet Factory here in Portland. I worked with Steve as the designer and he was very good. He had done homes in the area and he knew exactly what I wanted. My closet isn’t the largest in the world but with the way he designed it, it would actually hold everything I have. He also called shortly after the job was done, about four days later, and asked how I liked it.

They installed an area for my dresses and for storage boxes. I have a ton of blouses and skirts and they did panels for each. The installer worked from the moment he walked in until he left. Only one man did the work but it didn't take very long. He knew exactly what he was doing and was very good. It was an excellent experience and I was very pleased with Closet Factory. I would definitely have them again for my other two closets and I hope the others hiring to do work would be just as good.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I've worked with Closet Factory in the past and I had them install closets recently. The designer was awesome and the installer was spectacular. He was a genuine craftsman. In fact, if I had my own business, I would hire him. He was that good. The stuff that Closet Factory did for my condo and on some of my rental properties were great. They also did spectacular stuff on my house in Arizona, and they just completed on my man cave and it appears to be pretty good.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My builder used Closet Factory and he recommended them. I had positive interactions with their designer. She came out and measured, and she was efficient. She came when she said she was gonna come and she gave me a thorough estimate. I had Closet Factory install all my closets then I called them afterward and they did drawer inserts in the cabinet. The installer came when he said was going to. He was kind and cleaned up after himself. Also, he explained how I should use the drawer inserts efficiently so they don't break. The job was completed efficiently the first time and I plan on using them again. I recommend this company. They were able to solve the unused space in my home efficiently and at a good price.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was in the middle of building a new home and my contractor introduced me to somebody from Closet Factory. They did my garage and my master closet. I've known the designer that I got even before she was with Closet Factory. I stayed in touch with her over the years, and she was really, really good. The guy that came in and did my garage was amazing. And then we had a different guy do the master closet and he was really good too.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I looked at four companies and I had a couple scheduled to come in and do estimates but after I met with Linda from Closet Factory, I canceled the others and decided to go with Closet Factory. They come through really good in regards to the materials and the pricing. The designer was super thorough in her measurements and the installation was good, prompt, very courteous and clean. They installed closet shelving and drawers for the pantry and the kitchen, bedroom and master closet, shelves in the bathroom living closet, and hanging and some shelves in the junior suite. I had a jewelry drawer and they didn't provide the insert immediately but they came with that a couple of weeks later.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Although we had a cheaper estimate from somebody else, Closet Factory worked with us. They also threw in some few extras a couple of times and the price came down as well. It took two days to install the master closet. We got it programmed so it was done before we moved into our new house. Overall, it was a beautiful closet. And my wife was very happy with the designer.

Closet Factory expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet Factory has been customizing closet systems for homeowners for over two decades. They can also help you develop an organizational system for your home office, garage, pantry and more.

• Organizational guides: Perfect for those who don’t know where to start, Closet Factory has over a dozen free downloadable organizational guides that cover topics related to home organization.

• Free consultation: Schedule a free consultation with a designer to start the process of turning your closet into an organized space. Simply fill out a form online.

• National company: There are 45 Closet Factory locations nationwide, so there is a good chance you can find one near you. Check their website to find out where they are located.

• Design board: Pin design ideas you love from the Closet Factory website to your personal Closet Factory design board. You can share your board on your social media sites or print it out.

• Blog: Find more inspirational ideas, tips and articles on Closet Factory’s blog. Topics include fashion, crafts, closets and organization.

• Best for: Closet Factory is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Closet Factory Company Information

1983
www.closetfactory.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business