toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Closet Factory

Nancy, thank you for taking the time to share your Closet Factory

experience with others! We’re so happy that you were crazy about working with your designer Sarah, and we're glad to hear that you're still enjoying your custom closet!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I had a solid shelf put in, two closets and then a custom closet. I didn’t get any other estimates because I was so crazy about Sarah, the designer from Closet Factory. She’s great and I told all my friends that if they need a closet done, that’s who they need to get. I’ve had several things done to the house and Closet Factory is by far the best contractor I’ve dealt with since we built this house. The installers were professional, clean and courteous. After the installation, Sarah came by and I ended up getting more shelving and fixtures. She was very prompt and wonderful to deal with. I could not be happier with my experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard of Closet Factory in Pittsburgh and then I Googled them. I was getting estimates and had somebody come and discuss what I wanted to do. I enjoyed the company of Connie, the designer. I liked her ideas and sales approach. We got along well and that made me decide to choose them. She's going to come help me with the home office. The first room was turning a small bedroom into a walk-in closet. The installation was fantastic and it went smoothly. The gentlemen were very clean, respectable and quick. They're remarkable. Quality-wise, it’s great. I didn't have any problems at all and they would come highly-recommended from me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a big master closet for the first time that we were sharing. We moved into a new home so we definitely had to customize it to meet our needs and Closet Factory did that for us. We had gone on the internet and shopped around. We did a price comparison and got two other estimates. But then, the Closet Factory designer came out. She and my wife connected pretty good and that was the selling point for us.

It sounded like the designer lived far away from me though 'cause she was making a considerable drive to meet up with us most of the time and we appreciated that. My wife already had a well-planned out plan and we gave her our ideas. She just had a couple of suggestions along the way and she gave us the flow of a closet. Plus, she crunched the numbers really good.

Everything went great with the installation. However, the guy ripped out the existing shelves and put them in my garage. I threw them out and when everything was done, I was told there was a $250 charge for what he did and that took me back a little bit. When we sealed the deal, I was given a certain price and everything was included. There was nothing in the contract explaining that. Then I called the rep up and she waived it which I appreciated. But overall, we had a good experience and I was pretty happy. They were very user-friendly and it was a pleasure working with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory said the appointment for the consultation is free and they were very nice and did a good job, so we just move forward with them. I didn't even try another company. We had them do our master bedroom closet. They assessed our clothes and everything that we had in there and did well to make the space better. Installation took two days. The guy that did it was nice and great. It was quick, on time and it looks good. I would recommend them.

Closet Factory

Thank you, Lisa! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. We’re happy to hear that Lacy was able to provide the perfect designs for each of your projects, and we just know that you'll enjoy them for years to come! Thanks again for sharing your experience with us : )

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I like the fact that Closet Factory was local and even though it's a chain now, it started from a local family in Jeannette who've been doing this stuff for a long time. We've used them on three different projects with Lacey as our designer. She's very flexible and has all sorts of great ideas that we never even thought of or came up with. She's great at tweaking things and making them fit our needs and we would look at the drawings and tell her we liked those instead. Each one was definitely not a one-size-fits-all project. And right now, there's another project that Lacey is in the middle of designing for us.

For the first project, they took the attic space of our bedroom and made that into a huge closet and laundry room. The other two were done separately but were the same type of project. They took one wall in our girls' respective bedrooms and made them into built-in bookcases, a window seat, and a desk, which gave them a lot more space now that they're getting to be teenagers. The installation had been super easy. The guys were in and out, were very respectful and clean, and made sure everything was perfect when they left. There was a piece in one closet that was not in yet and we had a follow-up but it was expected and nothing major. The closet area is three rooms so it was a big undertaking.

We are big believers in Closet Factory and we've recommended them to another friend. They also put in an upstairs two big closets in the laundry room for them and then went on and did their den with a desk and bookshelves. Closet Factory has been great and wonderful. We thought we knew what we wanted then they came up with even more ideas and we realized how many different better ideas were out there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet Factory?

Closet Factory

Thanks, Stephanie! We're so glad to hear that you're happy with your custom closets, pantry, and garage storage. Our goal is to exceed all of our clients' expectations!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I have a friend who owned the local Closet Factory, and so I decided to give them a try. I had them install two closets, the pantry, and the garage. My interactions with their designer were great and the installation was all good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The quality of Closet Factory products are as good as one of their competitors and their price is better, too. I had them install complete master closets, a secondary bedroom closet, and a Murphy bed. Their designer was extremely confident. And she provided me her best estimate versus trying to give me a price where I could say no. The installation began the day they promised. They completed the master closets in the timeframe they told me and then started the secondary closet and Murphy bed on the date and time they said. They did what they said they were going to do and provided what they said they were going to provide. And I'm very satisfied with their product. It was overall a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Two years back, we've done some work with Closet Factory and we liked the person. She had suggested some ideas previously and I liked the neatness of the work so we chose to go with her again. This time, we did some custom office setup. We had some specific empty area that we wanted to make a kid's desk for, with certain limitations and a little bit of contemporary look. I did some research and showed her some ideas and then we went from there. She tried to understand our need which was a little bit of rate-specific and color-coding. We did not want to go with the standard one so she provided us with many options and there was total professionalism.

The installation was done well too. It was quick and there were no issues. The person who did the installation was very cooperative and pretty flexible. When I asked when he was doing it, there was not any problem with the scheduling. However, we had to compromise a little bit. We wanted to do a floating desk for the side and I wanted to have a very small and sleek one and not like a gigantic piece of wood but that is what we got. I'm not quite happy with that and I don't know whether it was a design or a security limitation. But for me, that information should've been brought to our attention a little bit earlier because they knew that I was doing the floating desk. There should've been proper communication. But afterwards, they checked on us to know how things went and they were pretty good with the follow-up. I would definitely do business with Closet Factory again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went to the home show in Raleigh and we were impressed that Closet Factory could design the closet and we could see it, whereas other ones didn’t have that. Also, Julia was very professional and good so it was an easy decision. The designer was very easy to talk to and she worked with me. Even their installers were great. I had the cabinetry done. In the center is like a mirror with granite and on each side, I had a windowed cabinetry for my handbags and shoes. It's really nice. It was an all-around great experience and I love the closet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had Closet Factory install closets in the bedrooms of at least 10 of our 24 town homes. We had some custom built-in shelves put in. We decided to go with them after a presentation from their designer. She came prepared and discussed everything. She followed up before we even met and after we met with all of the information we had discussed. I felt like they were truly interested in helping.

The designer took measurements and was really hands-on. She had a lot of different items and layouts to show us, and was able to work with the budget that we had in mind and still have the product turn out great. She was certainly knowledgeable in her field and if we had any concerns, she had some other ideas on the spot to work through the obstacles and challenges. The installation has always been a seamless process. They show up on time, call to let us know when they’re on their way and clean after their install. We will continue to use Closet Factory if we have any more of our townhome units that haven’t had the closet installed yet.

Closet Factory

Thank you, Dawn! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. And we’re happy to hear that we were able to bring your vision for your closet to life!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I used Closet Factory about nine years ago and I liked their representative. The designer really worked with me on what my vision was and did a very good job of helping realize that vision and delivering what I saw into the closet. I talked with the installation group and they made sure what was coming into the closet was what I was wanting. They installed cabinets, ballet poles, and hanger racks. It was a big closet so they took a couple of days. It's been a great experience and if I could I'd have them do all of my closets.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Closet Factory has the looks, the design and the quality. Interactions with the designer went very well, and they helped with the design process. They also sent the drawing. The installation team showed up on time. They came in the morning and completed the installation by the afternoon. Everyone did a good job and they helped with everything from start to finish.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Closet Factory on Houzz and had two bedroom closets installed. They were both walk-in closets that have hanging rods and one had a jewelry drawer with velvet line jewelry dividers and a belt hanger. But a follow-up appointment was needed and they had to come back and do a couple of very small things. I had very good communication with the female. She knew the product and had very good design ideas. It was a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The designer at Closet Factory was more helpful than the other one I interviewed. She was able to draw stuff and communicate to us what happened. I had them install drawers and hanging rods in the bedroom and it was fine. All in all, they did what we asked them to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a couple people come out and give me pricing and I really felt a good rapport with Matt from Closet Factory. He gave me a really good deal compared to everybody else. He was easy going, had a good level of knowledge, and really personable. I went with a cheaper version of the closing closet which looked like something that I'll able to talk in a store. It's a good quality. I got what I wanted and it's good for what I pay for. The sales experience was good. I was given an estimate and it took about four hours. But it was still good. They cleaned up well and did a nice job. It looked professional. They took the molding off the wall, like the crown molding at the bottom and they reinstalled it around the custom shelving and it looked nice. Excellent service, very friendly and easy. I recommended Matt to a friend of mine and she's going to be using him as well with one of their projects.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory's designs was better than some of the other people, their salesperson was straightforward, and it was what we wanted. We had them install a master bedroom closet and their designer was very good. The one who installed our unit was good as well. He spent two days installing the unit, and everything came out well.

Closet Factory

Thank you, Sally! We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with a Murphy Bed you love, and we hope you continue to enjoy it for years to come!

Original review: July 30, 2017

We were looking to have a Murphy bed made and Closet Factory was one of the companies that made them. We also really liked the owners and the gentleman we worked with. Our discussion with the designer was very professional and specific. We got a wall bed with two side cabinets and he was very interested in making this piece of furniture to our specifications. It took them about eight weeks from creating the bed to installing it. It was installed in another home of ours and it was the owner and somebody else that came and did it. Although I wasn't present during installation, I understand from the people there that it all went very smoothly. We love the bed. The experience was very satisfactory and I've already recommended them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had lived in the house for a year and been planning to remodel. I'd drive by the Closet Factory building every other day and saw the quality of their workmanship so I had them install a master closet. The designer was very professional and knew what she was doing. The installation went very smoothly and the crew was there for about six hours. I was very pleased with the work that they did.

Closet Factory

HI Lisa, thank you for the amazing review! We love when clients share the Closet Factory experience with others. Happy to hear that your designer was both creative and communicative during the design process!

Original review: July 29, 2017

I did three estimates and the reason I chose Closet Factory was the price and I like the designer they sent out. She was always on time and kept me in the loop. I called her once or twice when I thought of something different for the laundry room. She was always right back to me and sent me the drawings. I liked her designs best. I got shelving, a thing to hold shoes and then in my laundry room, I did the cabinet with the countertop and a small closet that was divided in half. One half is small and not very wide but it's for hanging and the other half is for brooms.

There are two closets in the master bedroom and in the laundry room. The installation was great, it was done in one day and the installers cleaned up. It's about two years old by now and I'm very happy with the work, which was very good. Even the pullout laundry basket in the one closet we did appears to be very sturdy. I would call back and redo it again in another house if I moved. Also, I would recommend the designer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We heard about Closet Factory in Costco and we really like the people who helped us out. The designer was amazing and we really liked her. She was one reason we went for it. She made us feel comfortable and the designs were very good. We really liked the installation process too. The team came in and did a very quick job, cleaned up and left. Then they called and verified if all was good. We have three shelves, two short hang on the right and one long hang on the left. We really liked what they had done and we plan on using it. The value of the product is great compared to the others. It was a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In Chicago, I compared Closet Factory to other companies and I decided to go with them. When I moved to Raleigh, North Carolina, I decided to try them again because I liked their quality of material. I had my master bedroom done and they apparently also do the Murphy bath and they did that. The owner in Raleigh came all the time. She did the whole thing and had a designer on the side one time but I wish that the owner would have a little more designing capabilities to suggest to write things and to suggest a better way to design.

She did what I asked her to do but some of the shelves are too wide in the master bedroom closet. They put things and I don't see what is behind. She could have suggested that it was too wide for it but she decided not to get involved. But they had some freelance decorators in their crew. She came when I asked her last time to come and decide the colors and what I should do. Also, the installation crew was fantastic. They're really nice, quick and clean. I recommend them to everybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We chose Closet Factory because of the quality of their work, the pictures that we've seen and the years of service. The Closet Factory estimate is cheaper than other companies. I had a closet installed in my master bedroom. Before, I couldn't see exactly what I had in my closet. Now I have places for my shoes and a drawer for my jewelry. I just love it because I'm able to see everything in my closet so much nearer now and it is heavy duty.

The designer’s plans were good and I liked it. I only revised it as far as where I wanted one of the shelves put in. She didn't think about putting it there but it made more sense. The installation went smoothly and it didn't take them a long time to do it. The installer told me everything he was doing and what I needed to do as far as patching up the holes in the closet. He was also very professional.

Once we got a call to install, the representative was supposed to come back two weeks later and do a testimony to see exactly if I was enjoying the closet and I can receive a free shelf. She never did that and that’s the only thing that I don't like. Other than that, it was a great experience and I'm very satisfied with their work. I would definitely recommend Closet Factory to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had Closet Factory install an office system in our home 13 years ago. Recently, we also had several products installed. We had custom master bedroom closets for my wife, a reach-in closet for me, laundry cabinets and a guest bedroom walk-in closet. The cost was a little bit more expensive but overall it had more of what we were looking for. We were building a new house and we had two different designers. The first one was good except she left in the middle of the project when we were trying to get it all set up. The second one came in but we had to start all over again. But she did a good job and everybody was good at talking with us about the issues.

The installation crew was phenomenal. We made some changes after the installation because we found that some of the things that we had designed really weren’t working for us. They came out, took care of it and did a tremendous job. It took several days because they had different phases that they were doing but we were not displeased with the amount of time it took. Overall Closet Factory has good quality products and service. It was a good team effort between us, the designer and the installers to get everything that we needed and we’re happy with the final product.

Closet Factory

Thanks, Beth! We take pride in the quality of our product, so your review truly makes our hearts sing! Thanks again for sharing : )

Original review: July 28, 2017

The price from Closet Factory was better. The designer was fantastic. Installation was excellent and the installer was very professional. He came in and did the job all in one day. It was installed a long time ago and the products have good quality. I'm overall very satisfied and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I Google searched closet companies and Closet Factory came up. I got the earliest appointment for a consult with them so I picked them and they installed closets in several rooms. The workers were excellent. It was a pleasant and an outstanding experience and the final product was to my satisfaction. I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our neighbor recommended Closet Factory to us and we had them install the two closets in the master bedroom. We liked one big closet. And then they did the bookcases up and around the TV in the living room. We already had the console but they did the upper cases and one shelf over the TV. It's quite nice, very useful, and very attractive. They also did some drawers in one of the bathrooms for us. That was a little bit tricky because there's a lot of plumbing behind the drawers so they had to jury-rig things. But it worked out perfectly. And we're going to have the guest room bedroom done next.

Kelly, the designer, was terrific and absolutely the best. She's delightful to talk to. We could have just stood around and talked about everything all day long but we had to let her go. She's very talented and there's no doubt about it. Everything went according to plan with the installation and the crew was done in no time. They did a good job and a good cleanup. Everything was perfect.

Closet Factory

Thank you, Stacy! We appreciate the time you spent to share your kind words. We’re happy to hear that you had such a trusting relationship with your designer. That's the beauty of collaborating so closely together on your project! : )

Original review: July 26, 2017

A friend introduced me to Closet Factory and I chose to hire them for their people and timeliness. The designer came to my house and did everything I needed. Then, the guys were here for a couple of days to do the installation. I had a work situation one morning and I couldn't be here to let them in. The designer came on my behalf which was really nice and I felt comfortable enough to let her do that. The quality of the closets is great and my experience was wonderful. I wish I have done it earlier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were supposed to have a person call on us but the boss of Closet Factory called us instead. He also came out and did all the measurements and discussions with us. Then, the installers showed up and did the work in less than half a day. They were very courteous and quiet. They came in, brought the stuff in, got to work and cleaned up their mess. It went great and it was all done exactly like it was supposed to be. Everything turned out fine and we love our close in the master bedroom. Also, I went to their office and picked up a couple of extra shelves that we could use. We had a very good experience with the whole process and we have recommended them to a couple of people.

Closet Factory

Mariam, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We’re happy that you had fun collaborating with your designer, and we love that you're still enjoying your walk-in closet!

Original review: July 26, 2017

100% of why I went with Closet Factory was because of the representative they sent. I got a walk-in closet. The designer was very pleasant. The closet that I eventually got was exactly how she described it. She sounded very confident in what she was telling me before I saw the closet. I'm a little bit hard headed and she was like, "This is what's going to happen. And I would advise you do this form." I followed her advice because of the confidence she gave me, that she had with herself. She was helpful when I asked for it and I felt that it was an honest one. I also felt very comfortable with her. The installation crew was excellent and courteous. They completed the work before the expected time. I would use them over and over and over again if only I have the money.The closet was good from the owner's and it's well used. Closet Factory listened, performed, and were very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been looking at different companies, interviewed three and had different people come to the house. There was one company, in particular, we dealt with but their materials were coming from Texas so we thought that if something’s wrong, how long will it take us to get the pieces we need? Whereas when it’s locally done, it was a lot better situation. I found Closet Factory online, they came to the house and invited us back to see how they’re manufactured because they assemble and manufacture everything themselves here in Garner, where we live.

We liked the fact that we were able to see how it's constructed and customized for our garage. And their price also was much better than anyone else. Also, they were prompt and there was no pushing. If something wasn’t going to be ready, they would call and say, “We can install all this. This isn’t gonna be quite ready.” They kept in touch with us. Once they did the estimate, they weren’t like the other two companies who wanted us to sign on the spot and didn’t give us a chance to think about their offer, which I hate. But Closet Factory didn’t do that.

We had the closets done before we got married and we moved two families. My husband had a 3,000 square foot home in Durham, I had nearly a 3,000 square foot home here in Garner and when combining two households, there's paperwork, pictures, and that's what we used the closets for. He also has a motorcycle and five or six motorcycle jackets and helmets so we needed closet space for all that as well as for boxes, clothing, and gear. We wanted something custom made, they priced it out and I appreciated the fact that they can do it. We had them install cupboards on three sides of our garage and it worked out fantastic.

I also wanted something moveable because the closets are in front of my electrical box. Closet Factory had told me all the codes, that we can’t build in front of the electrical box and not even below it that’s built-in.

Storage has to be moveable because if technicians have to get into the box, they have to get right into it. So we thought about having a cart made and Closet Factory suggested we shop around and look at something that is used in garages for mechanic tools because we would be able to buy something like that which is a lot cheaper than they could make up. We bought something for $350 and it fits perfectly under the electrical box and it wheels out if technicians need to get into the box. It was a very good thing that they thought of, told us, and recommended that we could use an alternative. They could have sold us something really expensive but they didn’t.

The designer that came out was very knowledgeable and competent plus she was local. I’ve had so much done since we had our closets installed and we have no idea we had a leak in the wall. The whole inside of my house was $28,000 worth of remodeling so it’s on the back-burner and seems like it was so long ago. On the other hand, the installers did what we asked them and we just left them to install. It didn’t take any longer than they estimated but they came back the next day because there was one thing that was cut wrong in the shelf and it was done. Nonetheless, it’s been an amazing experience and by the time we finished, we’ve met everybody that was involved and we felt like we’re being treated like family. My husband was very impressed and pleased with their work. So, I would highly recommend them.

Closet Factory Company Profile