4.00/5
Based on 962 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Organize your entire home with Closet World. Our large selection of finishes, colors, and accessories help you achieve total home organization that is both functional and appealing. We offer unique designs for every room including closets, pantries, garages, home offices and laundry rooms along with a selection of wall beds and flooring to complement your home.

Serving California & Nevada

Fully Insured (GCL/WC) Bonded (CB/PB) Lic CA #631369, #767419, NV #51301

Closet World Video
Closet World Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

1395 Closet World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Closet World did some business with my church and I told the designer I needed her to come and figure out for me what some garage cabinets would cost as far as what I wanted. So she came by and quoted me a cost. We had some issues with the church so when she came to do my cabinets, they made sure that everything was put in correctly and they turned out fine.

She did almost like a blueprint and because my garage is unusual than other garages, the cabinets were put in and they left them under the bottom because of the way the garage is built. So they're not on the floor and that's a good thing. The installation was good too. They knew what they were doing. They were busy but I asked questions when they weren’t doing certain things and they answered them. The garage cabinets look very nice and I may have Closet World back out here again for my closet in my home. Also, different people have come to the church and seen the two rooms that they did. They say, "Oh my God. Who did this?” The rooms are great and there’s a big difference with the previous. I tell them Closet World did them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My parents had got something installed by Closet World probably like 15 years ago. I had some drawers, some shelving, and some like to hang your clothes in one room. The designer was good. She came in and she was really super nice. I told her what I thought, and then she explained how it really would not work and then what she was saying made more sense. Then, she came up with a good design with me. She wasn’t pushy or anything. The installation team came in and did what they had to do. they were friendly, but we just let them work and it went well. That I highly recommend getting closet done by them. I didn’t have anything else, but I'm sure everything else is just as good.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I tried California Closets and the quality is about the same with Closet World but Closet World's price was a lot lower. We got a closet which was about 12 feet wide altogether and the drawers and the hanger for hanging the suits and dresses. It had the soft clothing drawers which were nice. The designer, Cynthia, was helpful and gave me some advice on other ways of setting up the interior design of my condo here. And the installers, Rico and his assistant Manuel were very polite and very efficient. They did a very nice job and it was quick. It was a very convenient and a nice upgrade of our closet.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I have two en suites in my house and I both had them done so that I have the biggest closets. One bedroom was too small for a big dresser so I had two drawers put in. They were double-hung drawers, and next to that were shelves and then double-hung closet rods, and shelves on the other side of that. The designer knew what she was doing. I told her what I wanted and that's what I got. I told her my biggest wish was to have all of my clothes available and I want to be able to walk in and look at all of them. And she understood what I was explaining. Before the installers came, I did what they asked me to do and made sure everything was down and patched. They knew what they were doing and the installation went very well. I'm very pleased with what I got, and I've recommended Closet World to other people.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We had put in a closet in our house and we were trying to figure out the best way to set it up. We had no idea and we saw an ad on what Closet World offers. They’ve also been around for a long time. What I really liked was the fact that the representatives were very professional and they came when they said they were going to be here. We didn’t have to sit around and wait all day.

But when they were going to call back to set up the time. They actually called just to confirm that we were going to make the appointment and then they said they were going to call back again to give us the time. I waited for them to call me back but they didn’t call. I called the office and the rep said that they would call me back between three and five. But that process was unnecessary. I was already on the phone with them. It would have been effective to just say what time would be good. They should do one phone call to confirm that you’re setting up an appointment and do everything a one time. That would be better as opposed to three calls.

The designer was awesome though. She came in and measured the whole closet. She gave us a couple of ideas and we tweaked them a little bit. She was very responsive when we told her like what our needs were. She really took the time to listen and she made sure that our needs were going to be met, in terms of the amount of shoes and clothes we had and what kind of storage we were looking for in the closet. Then she came up with a good design that my husband and I were both happy with.

We had some shelving put in, as well as some drawers and upper and lower hanging rods, for our walk-in closet in the master bedroom. The installer was good and very efficient. He worked relatively quickly too. Within a couple of hours, everything was done and the closet looks amazing. The quality is nice too. We’re really happy with the way that it turned out. The overall experience was awesome and I have recommended them to my mother-in-law and my sister.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I originally had Ikea. But then because I saw the sales thing I thought I would at least get an estimate with Closet World and see how it compared to Ikea. Closet World cost more but I like the fact that it’s going to be done in one day and it would save me so much time over Ikea so I had a walk-in closet installed with them. The Closet World designer came on time. She designed it so fine. The couple of issues that I had was I wanted this done by a certain date and they didn’t get it done on the time that I asked them to get it done. So that was hard.

But the installation guy was good. They came and the installation was done in one day which is fine. They ripped up the base part and there’s some marks on the wall but it’s okay. I can deal with that. I was supposed to get extra shelves and I guess the designer didn’t instruct the installer or something. So I didn’t get the extra shelves. They had to come back and deliver the extra shelves. And they did, which is fine, but then because she mis-measured a couple of them were the wrong size. So I had to go back and say, “These are the wrong size.” So the guy had to come back again. I was annoyed that it wasn’t done on time and then there’s numerous follow-ups. But otherwise I think their quality is good.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I had Closet World install a closet in my garage and I liked the guy that came to the house. The installation went fine. We got something done that I needed to get done and I’m happy with the workmanship. I had my concerns about them, but it's all been corrected now and we’re good.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I felt that Closet World was a trusted name and I had them do a closet in my bedroom. I liked the closets that they completed in my room but as far as the service, it's bad. They haven't finished in my kids' room because the designer messed up pretty badly. When the installers came to build, they tore out my organizers then put their own in. I don’t think the designer understood what was supposed to be done. They did the bedroom right and they should have gotten them all the same in the other room. I was very disappointed and they have to come back out.

It's been three weeks now and my closets are torn apart in my kids' room. And they didn't call me and keep me informed about when they're going to come. I had to call them. And the designer was very rude when I called her and let her know what I wanted. My husband took pictures and I told her, "Is this what it's supposed to be? You ripped out closet doors and left it open but I already had organizations. Why would you think that I would want to pay $2,000 for ones I already have?"

They're coming back to build it out, finish it with the drawers and the full clothes cabinet. But their scheduling department when I talked with them, they think it was an inconvenience for them but they were the ones who got it wrong. They still haven't called to let me know if they're really coming on Friday or what time. I'll have to call them for that.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I got a price with some other company and they wanted double. Closet World was under that by quite a bit, so I went with them. The product, considering the price I paid, looks good. It is a 6' by 9' closet, and the quality and trackmanship were good as well. The lady who came out drew the design for me and I like it. She was very knowledgeable, very polite and across the board. The installer was polite, efficient and fast too. They completed the job the first time with no mistakes, and they are really professional when it comes to calling and scheduling. My wife and I are happy. 5 stars on all of them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I talked to a bunch of people and Closet World was pretty responsive in getting somebody out. They did a walk-in closet and a basic sliding closet installation. The designer was very helpful and followed up quite a few times. She came over and we also talked on the phone a few times. She came up for another time and then we agreed to move forward. She seemed really knowledgeable. Also, I was really impressed with the guy who came in for the installation. He worked as quickly as he could. He was very communicative and very nice. He cleaned up and took care of everything. I liked him. I was happy when he left.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Closet World was running a half-price sale. I had them install a bottom of the line melamine shelving in my clothes closet. Closet World's designer was wonderful. She came in here and she stayed until she had the whole thing down on paper, and what made me pick them was that she sat here and did it right in front of me. She hand-drew everything. The installers were great. They were here when they were supposed to be, and they did everything they said they were going to do.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The Closet World designer just came and we told him what we need and he kind of put the design in place. We reviewed it, made some modifications and he submitted the order. I had closet shelves in my bedrooms and I had some storage shelves in the garage. I wouldn’t complain about the crew except they missed on a couple of things. I still haven’t received the final shelves from them that they were supposed to send me and it’s been more than a month. I have contacted them twice and then I got too much busy with my work. And when I get free after office hours they’re gone. But overall it was a good experience. I would recommend it. The professionalism is what I liked.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018 I bought three closets from Closet World, one for the master's bedroom and one for each of the kid's room because of their pricing compared to other companies.

The quality of their product is extremely well. The installation was done extremely sloppy. Everything is horrible about it. They’re actually coming to fix it and I don’t like them at all. Also, I didn’t have a good experience with the designer. Her layouts was not very useful. The supervisor came out because of my complaint and he changed up her design, and he’s going to be redoing two of the closets. He’s been great and he’s had some wonderful follow up. He’s the only piece of the Closet World experience that I’ve liked. I wish they used a computer like California Closets to show you the design digitally. They showed the design on a piece of paper and it didn’t match up to what they actually put in. Because of my initial experience and having to go back to call them to fix it, I wouldn’t recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Over the last three years, I've had two closets and three cabinets done by Closet World. We've loved the work and how the closets are done. The most recent designer was very patient and she went through whatever request we had and whatever changes for the couple of hours that she was with us. She was very detailed and she gave her own ideas. It worked out well. The installation was good too. They usually get the job done in one appointment. Anything we need to get done with cabinets or closets, Closet World takes care of it. We'll go to them again next time.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

The lady who assisted us from Closet World was really nice. I sat down with her to sign the contract and she was really nice. She helped me out, she explained some things to me and she got it done. The installation crew handled their business and they’re gone. And I like my closets. I got my wife and I's walk-in closet and then my daughter’s closet in another room. I needed more place to hang stuff at and it came out good and some shelves to put my hats and shoes. Everything’s been fine. I would tell my friends to use them and give them some business.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We went to Closet World because of the price and the design that their designer came up with. We got the closet organization system in the master bedroom closet. The designer came on time. We went through a detailed design and planning. And then she drew on everything and then I mean she came back once we confirmed that I wanted to do it. And then she re-measured and made sure of all the details and then we signed a lot of paperwork and then a few weeks later they came in for installation.

The install day ended up being three days. We had the wrong part so they couldn’t finish some of it on one day. But they helped me take everything out from the closet and then they put it all in, cleaned up fairly well. I’m happy with them. Their quality is okay. They listened to us in terms of our needs in getting a maximum space and they’re maximizing the space for organizing the area. So I recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We got 50% discount from Closet World, which made it comparable to a couple of other places that we had found -- we had a total three of three other estimates. They also have the installation, and the free and seven-year warranty, which made us decide to go with them. We had a master closet installed, as well as shelving, double hanging rack, drawers and a laundry basket.

Our designer was fabulous. We did not know and she gave us all kinds of advice and hints. She even went Home Depot with her sample of the wood, color matched the wood, and then gave us the number of the color match so we were able to use that to match for painting because Closet World was not able to provide us a sample of the wood so we couldn't get a paint color -- this is something maybe they want to start doing. The installers were fabulous as well, and were very professional too. They kept in contact with us as to when they were going to arrive. Once they were there, they worked efficiently and they weren't resting through it. Everything was done right the first time.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We had Closet World five years back for our garage stuff and we had liked them at that time. That’s why we decided to be with them again this time. We got five closets installed in our bedroom, one on the wall and four inside the wardrobe. The designer was okay but did not have all the samples. A little bit more would have helped but that’s a minor point and that was really the only thing that I thought could have been a little bit better. But it was a good and very hassle-free experience. The guys came, installed everything and then went. Their quality is good too. If you manage to get a good discount then the price is okay.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I was looking for closet purchases and saw Closet World had a special running 50% and upgrades as a Christmas promotion. I had them do a basic closet, a couple of shelves for shoes and a couple of hangers. The designer was obviously an extremely good sales person, but the experience could have been better. During installation, somebody was sick and they couldn't come, and I had to rearrange my schedule. The next day, they were late. Then the designer measured it wrong. It was off a whole inch and so they couldn't do it, and they had to recut things and redo stuff which was a little bit of a hassle. They botched up a wall and they had to fix it. I wasn’t happy at all. But the guy that got the installers out here really came through. He did a really good job of trying to get everything solved and he went the extra mile. All in all, the product is fine and it turned out okay. For the most part, they do a good job, though I probably wouldn't recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I got new closet doors for one closet from Closet World, and I also had them do all the household closets years ago. They're the only one I know of that did closets. Everything went smoothly during installation and I had very pleasant interactions with the installation team. Then there was also somebody who called me and wanted to make sure the job was done. The only thing I get annoyed with is the solicitation and they keep bothering me on the phone.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Closet World had a much better pricing compared to all the four quotes I got and I loved the person who came out. She was amazing and was willing to work with me. She was very personable, polite, friendly and genuine. I could feel her energy and I connected with her right away. The other people I talked to weren't trying to do what was best for my vision and what I was looking at. But the Closet World designer asked me questions, figured out what I needed and what my musts were. When she designed the closet, it was even better than what I imagined. She listened and incorporated all that.

I had the basic rods and a drawer. There was also a hamper and a tie and belt rack. And above the hanging rods, there were little shelves all the way around the top. The only thing that was not that great is when I open my hamper, it doesn't close all the way so I have to lift up the drawer above it a little bit then make the hamper slide in. Something was off when the guy did the installation. I feel like when he did the drawer, it was a little lower than they should have been by a little bit. The hamper and the drawer were not lined up evenly on the edge. When the designer called me, I mentioned the issue to her and she told me to take pictures and send it to her. But I've been so busy and I forgot to do that. Other than that, everything has been fine.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We had four garage cabinets installed. So we had a couple of cabinets covering our small den area and then a couple of tall cabinets in the regular area. The designer from Closet World came here exactly on time and she was very patient. She took everything we wanted and she was very thorough with the design. She gave us a bunch of options. We had a budget in mind, so she understood what could possibly be done to fit us into that budget. The best part was when they finally installed the cabinets and it was exactly how she described it to us. It was very difficult to design for the den area but she was able to do it.

The installation went very smoothly. The installers called a couple of days before they came out to remind us and they were on time. They installed pretty quickly. One of the doors had some marks on it and the installed had to schedule a follow up appointment. He said the moment he gets back to office he was going to file a work order and then they will come up within a week and replace it. Then they came later on and replaced one of the doors that had some spots on it.

The only thing that we’re disappointed was that the cabinets did not come with locks because when we talked about it, the thing the designer talked about and some of them in technical language and she mentioned locks. We thought it was basically with a key and a lock, but it's actually something else. So we called again and then they said it was going to cost extra and that it was not their fault. But it should be part of the style and selection and even if it is not, it's not as expensive as those guys had talked about. Overall, it was a very good experience and I will definitely recommend Closet World.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I used Closet World before and I went with them again. They installed closets in the two bedrooms, and the organizer set up. Their designer was pretty knowledgeable, drew up a sketch, listened to what I wanted them to do, then went from there. The installation was straightforward and painless. The installer had the sketches and he walked over, took a look at the two areas, and made sure that they were the right sketches for the closets. However, it was overpriced. Still, I'd recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My friend installed closets from Closet World in their garage, so we went straight to them too for a cabinet in our garage. Their designer was good but I didn’t really talk to her that long because I had to pick up my kids, but she’s legit. She's very nice and professional. Closet World has a good product. I was telling my friend maybe they should install too. So, I would definitely introduce them to other friends.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I had closets done in the garage and the saleslady was great. She was very nice, sweet and approachable. I went through the details with her and they were very clear. The installation people did a perfect job too. Afterwards, the saleslady called me on the phone to ask me how it went. I’m very happy with the whole experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I see Closet World all the time and my daughter's closet was done by Closet World. The designer came in one day and it was kind of a trying day here where we were, and she worked with us to get the drawing together. There was a fire coming and we were being evacuated. But it was a pretty good kind of counsel. She answered all my questions. I called her back and a couple of times added something to it, and all was good. A man came in at the time I was expecting him and did the job. He was by himself and he worked all day. He installed some drawers and hanging areas. It was great.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We had a big discount from Closet World and the salesperson was very friendly. They knew what they were doing and showed the quality of the product. We had panels put up with shelves so that the shelves had places for hanging clothes and putting blankets. The designer did a very good job explaining what to expect and showed us the design. She came in and looked at how we did everything, how that room was set up and took all the measurements. She was very polite, friendly and really engaging.

The installers did a very nice job as well. They gave me some extra parts that I needed for if the shelves came off. So, they definitely went out of their way. One follow-up had to be done since as soon as we put the blankets on one side, the panel flexed and all the shelves fell down. They came out real quick and fixed that and then put locking shelves in. I'm on the homeowner's board for our homeowner's association and I put Closet World as a vendor. They're definitely on my recommended list. They'll work with you and give you both the best product and service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have an 11-foot long closet in my bedroom so there were lots of room in there and it was an appropriate place to put shelves and drawers in. Closet World is known so I had them do it. Their designer came out and did her measuring, then came back with her suggestions and listened to what I wanted and made adjustments from that point. So, everything was good. The installers who came were very nice men. They went to work and they weren't here for a full two hours and it was done. I’d recommend Closet World.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I got a flyer in the mail and the coupon said half off and all my neighbors paid probably double of what I paid. I had a built-in Citizen office and then I had my closet, shelves, racks and things done. The designer I dealt with was very nice and professional. I really like her. I felt like she really knew the products well and she knew what I wanted. She got the things round up on the first day so I was pretty happy with it all around. Installation went faster than I thought. There were two guys and they cleaned up everything and it was really good. I was very happy. I'm thinking about having a built-in put in my bedroom now by Closet World. I just have to think about what I want. But once we get settled, I'll contact Teresa and have her build a built-in for me.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

When we moved here, we wanted a conversion of one of the rooms in our house to an office. We'd seen commercials of Closet World and so we contacted them. We wanted a quote on changing out our wardrobe closet doors in the bedroom and to add a desk and cabinets in what we wanted to be our office, and we wound up just going with the office. The designer was friendly and professional, and we had confidence in the product that they were presenting. They helped us choose the color palette that my wife wanted and helped us design what we wanted. It was a good experience. Also, the installation went smoothly, exactly the way it was promised. The crew was courteous and stayed on the job. They didn't take excessive breaks.

Our only disappointment was that the support piece underneath the cabinets cracked and that caused the bottom of the top cabinets to sag and then, the doors weren't aligned and they wouldn't open and close properly. When they replaced that support piece and pulled the cabinets up, they fixed them to the walls so that they had additional support besides the one support piece. Then, they doubled up that support piece to where there were two support pieces underneath there instead of just one. All of that added to reinforcing and increasing the strength of the cabinets to prevent this from happening again without compromising the look. We were very pleased overall with Closet World and their representatives and service people.

Closet World expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

• Best for: Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.closetworld.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use