toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The first time I used Closet World was a good experience but the second time around wasn't. I had three walk-in closets and had alterations in one of the closets. They charged me $200 for that and that was fine. But, I didn't like the closet. It looked unfinished. The quality of the wood was different and I wasn't satisfied with the quality of work. I called their office twice. One, to let them know I wasn't satisfied and the second call to let them know that I needed some repairs done. However, I have to take some responsibility for it because I didn't ask, "Can I get a better feel or a better look on the closets?" When I got it done the first time, I had a better upgrade. I had more trim on it and more crown molding. That's why I called Closet World back out to do my new home but I didn't get the same quality of closets that I had the first time around.

The salesperson who initially came out to give me the sales pitch did a good measurement. She did what I asked her to do and she got all of my clothes in the closet. But the contractors didn't do a good job. They were sloppy. They didn't clean up behind themselves and I had to be careful and pick up all of the little nails that they had left laying around. Then one of the rails fell and they had to come back down and do that and they made a mess again. I left them doing what they did because the first time around, the guy was good. He tore out the closets, put in new closets, and there wasn't a piece of trash anywhere. If they ever come back out again, I'll micromanage them and make sure when they finished what they do, they pick up their stuff, take their trash with them, and pick up all the nails off the floor.

Closet World

Thank you, Rob! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the level of service that you expected and deserve. We look forward to hearing from you should you need additional home organizing solutions.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

My wife had estimates from two other companies which were within $300 to $400 of each other, but the price of Closet World made us select them. We had some drawers, shelves and hanging racks installed in her closet which went nicely. The gentleman was on time, professional and cleaned up after himself. Then one thing I really liked was on that day, someone from the company called to make sure that everything was going well. That was nice.

Hi Sheeja!

Thank you for taking the time to share your Closet World experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new Closet World system.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I like Closet World's cabinets and liked what they did so I gave them a try. Their designer was very friendly and spent enough time at home. She did a very good assessment of our space and gave us a variety of designs from which I could choose. They put in cabinets at my garage and the installers were there before the scheduled time. They did the installation in one day and everything went smoothly. We are very happy with the experience and would definitely like to have some more work later on.

Closet World met all my needs and did a professional job. I went with them because of their reputation and the discount that was offered. I also purchased from them because of the salesperson. She made sure that she knew exactly what we wanted because the cupboard had to work around cars and bicycles. She also asked about the height of the cupboard and what I wanted to put in it. At first the reps told me that the installation will take two days but they sent a crew who did it in one day. They did a great job and finished in under eight hours. However, they had to go get another piece because somebody sent them the wrong desk top with the wrong link. The bench top was the wrong link. They had to go to Irvine to get another one made and luckily, I live close.

I had dealt with Closet World in the past, and this time, I had them install closet organizers. I also ordered some extra shelves afterward because I realized that I was going to need shelves in a certain spot that I didn't think about. Their designer was very nice, helpful, and listened to what I said. The installation people did the job and were very serious about it. It was a very smooth, professional, easy, and organized experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

I had Closet World install my master closet. When I was planning it, I thought I was going to put in a bar that comes down from the ceiling. But I have 9-foot ceilings and it didn’t work the way I thought. Other than that, it’s a quality product and they do a good job.

Closet World had installed our master closet and a second walk-in closet. They were the first one that came out and their designer was very nice and knowledgeable. It's good that she tried to keep in mind my budget so we didn't go crazy. We were out of town during the installation and my friend said that the installers were very friendly. On the other hand, we had ordered backing and the backing wasn't put in very well. In addition, they had brought out a tie rack that was the wrong size and they were supposed to put in some top crown molding which they didn't do. So I called several times and they were supposed to credit back my account. I haven't seen the credit yet but they assured me that it would be there. The product wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. We were expecting a little nicer product and not something that you could have gotten at Home Depot for a third of the price because we paid quite a bit.

I just bought my house and didn’t have any closets. I called the guy from Closet World to have an estimate and I liked the way he explained everything to me - how much would it cost, what kind of wood I would need, etc. They sold me a black closet which they installed in my room. I asked for the white ones because I didn’t like colors but he showed me everything and I liked what I got. It was a good experience with Closet World. They have good staff and good closets. I would recommend them. In fact, I have already recommended them to my sister.

Had a computer desk and a cabinet with drawers installed by Closet World. Their designer was very nice, but she got the measurements wrong, so when they came out, it wouldn't work. Also I wasn't really happy about the lip, but it's not enough to worry about. The installer tried every which way but he couldn't do anything. So they left and I cancelled the whole thing. And then I got to thinking about it and all they have to do is change the measurements and it will work. So I called them back and they said, they'll be back out with the right measurements. When the next group came, I just left them alone and they put it in. I'm very happy with those people.

My wife liked the sales person from Closet World. The designer came out to talk to us and gave us an estimate, and that was basically it. We got a double-sided closet, which my wife really liked, and some drawers as well. The installer was professional, too. I would buy from them again.

We had some experience with Closet World before. When I needed the garage and the closet organizer done, they were under promotion so I called them again. Their designer was okay and their installation team was very good.

I had two closets installed for me by Closet World whom I chose due to the price. The designer came to the house, measured everything and then drew up the design and it took a long time. I was told that it was gonna take an hour but it took at least three. That was unexpected and it wasn't my greatest experience with them. The designer was brand new and overpromised stuff. So when the installation guy came, we weren't on the same page about a lot of the things, primarily, of the tearing down of the old closet and repairing whatever they were gonna mess up before installing the new one. I almost canceled the entire order the day they came to install.

I looked at a couple of different options including doing the closet myself but I was pretty satisfied with the quote that Closet World came in with. Their designer was very good and so was their installation team. I had no problems at all. It was a pretty smooth experience.

We had a new closet by ClosetWorld. The designer I dealt with was a little pushy and there was a little bit of ball dropping during installation. There were things that weren't explained to us from the designer to when it came out in the field. Also, there was stuff that was unfinished and I wasn't happy with that.

I had used Closet World years and years ago. I like the quality of their work and I was happy so I called them back when I moved and wanted the same shelving unit put into my new house. I figured they were the best ones to do it. Working with their designer was fine. She is a very pleasant lady. The installation team was also fine. There were some problems with the shelving but they came out and everything is fine now. I would use them again if the time called for it.

Closet World is the worst. I heard they had good prices but then their designer was terrible. Every damn closet he measured was the wrong measurement. It was a nightmare. They took the whole balance on the first day of installation which was September 7 and as of today, November 11, they haven’t finished. They left tons of their cabinets, shelves and garbage around. They were the worst to deal with. I’m about to sue them. I already contested the charge with the credit card and was given the credit back. And I’m gonna fight for the other money back - money which could not even pay off the aggravation that I went through with them. I hope that money gets back and also that they have a lot of problems because I am going to write a review, post it on Facebook and put all my powers to knock them down.

We felt most comfortable with the saleslady from Closet World so we did three closets with them. She had a contractor’s point of view and we really liked that. I also couldn’t believe how fast their installation team was. They didn't have to come back and fix anything because they were right the first time.

A friend used Closet World and referred them to me. I'm happy with the designer. We were building a new house so we had new closets installed in 5 bedrooms and some other areas. The installation team was professional and my husband was on the job site so he watched them and helped them through the installation process. We’ll definitely recommend them to friends.

I had Closet World do a closet for me a few years back. I liked the work so I called them back for another closet. It’s a quite large walk-in closet that one can even make a room out of it. Their designer was a very nice man and their installation guy was great, too. He got the work done quietly. I was very satisfied and very pleased.

I had Closet World install my closet for my previous house. They were having a 40% or 50% off at the time, so I decided to give them a call. I had a good interaction with the designer and the installation was good as well. The service itself is really good.

The house I live in is an old house with old closets so I contacted Closet World. Their installers did the job, but not really good. The seaming on the one that closes the door never closes properly. It needs to be adjusted. I never called them about it as I was so busy, but I’m going to call them to come and look.

We’re in real estate and we’ve used Closet World for all of our closet needs. Karen who is our designer does a great job and is the best. She is efficient and calls us back which is very nice. It’s a pleasure to work with her. It's also been pretty good with their installation team. If something’s wrong, they’ll change it. Our experience with Closet World has been very good.

The Closet World representative that came out was also the designer and she was great. She did wonderful PR work and she followed up all the time just before the delivery or the installation date. She was right on it so I appreciated that. I wasn’t there during the installation but I had somebody else there and it also went smoothly.

Closet World was a referral from a friend and I did a brand new walk-in closet with them. Their designer was very knowledgeable and very easy to work with. Their installation team was also great. I was having a construction going on at the same time and they were very helpful and also very easy to work with considering what was going on. Closet World has a quality product. I'm very impressed with the stability of it. It's not lightweight. It's well-manufactured and it makes it nice to walk into a closet.

Closet World mismeasured our laundry cabinet, so they couldn’t install it and it wasn’t going to fit. They also mismeasured one of the closet doors but they took care of it. They’d come back, redo the closet, and it could work. But there’s no way the laundry cabinet was going to work ever. I don’t even know why they told me to get it in the first place because I gave them all the measurements and the specs of the machine. They said they’re going to refund but I’ve been waiting since August to hear from somebody about it. Ramon, the scheduling person, is very nice and has been very good to me but he is not getting back to me.

Closet World was having a 40% sale and it turned out to be a good deal. We did a garage work bench and cabinet area and the designer and the installation team were good. We were missing a part when they came out. There was a grommet to be drilled in the side of one of the cabinets, and they didn't have that on the order so somebody had to come back out the next week and do it. I have a butcher-block countertop and they put a strip of that along the back of the block against the wall to finish it off. They glued it to the wall and it's already come off. Although this thing that just came unglued from the wall isn't good, everything else was good.

I’ve done a combination of garage and closets with Closet World over the years. It's easy to remember the name. The designer is great and their installation team completes everything on time. I just wish it wasn’t as expensive.

I've used Closet World a couple of times, had two closets done recently and it’s been good. They were competitive with pricing, too and the designer was good and friendly. The installers were on time and everything was completed.

We had an interior designer who had clients that used Closet World before and they seemed satisfied with them. I had some bookshelves in one of our rooms and some shelving in our garage installed by them. We had worked with two designers. The first one quit so the second designer finished it up. The first project, the one in the garage, was easy. The bookshelves were more difficult. Their guys had to come back three times before they were able to complete it. They went back and forth trying to get everything up to my standard. They also started with the bookshelves late in the afternoon. They started with one guy at around 4:00 in the afternoon and then brought in a second guy and they didn’t finish until 8:00. They should have had two guys starting at the beginning of the day. But in the end, it came out all right. I had a good experience overall.

Closet World did a closet remodel for me and I had a very good experience.The designer was cool and their installers were the bomb. They were awesome. I will be calling them to get some more work done. I hope it's from the same person who did my original work. I've already recommended them.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.
  • Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.
  • One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.
  • Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.
  • Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.
  • Best for Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Closet World Company Profile