2. Homeowners
  3. Closet Organizers

3.9/5 (1972 ratings)

About Closet World

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Closet World Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: July 11, 2021

This company lacks customer service in full disclosure. They were several key considerations that were never shared with me until 48 hours for the installation. I had a difficult time getting a manager on the phone to complain about defective products that were delivered and installed in my master bedroom. The company transferred me several times. Once I spoke to an installation manager they assured me that the product would be replaced. A second service provider came out to my home on Friday, June 25, 2021. The installer arrived without any preparation, prior knowledge or products to resolve the issues with my original installation. The service was scheduled to remove the defective products and install new shelving.

Richard a manager in the installation department assured me that this issue would be resolved. Additionally the company charged my card without permission or final sign off for the remaining balance. The service provided by the Closet World is unacceptable and extremely disappointing especially given the fact that I spent numerous hours calling to speak with a manager and sending Richard photos of the damage products. Both installers agreed that the product is defective, the entire unit is off balance, drawers need to be replaced and adjusted correctly etc. The third installer missed a wall backing and I’m still left with a less than acceptable product and experience.

Get buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The representative looks semi professional, provides professionally printed glossy pictures and designs, but before signing and payment up front, be sure to read the fine print (strategically camouflaged, small print on yellow paper). The self presented designer, Deborah ** walks around with her checklist and estimates her design on number of walls, height, length, width; in my case, she obviously did not look up to see that the walls of the closet converge on one wall. Fortunate for the installer who upon inspection noticed that if shelving installed as designed, would block the right hand door entry to closet. Although the installer tried calling his own supervisor, he did not receive a response so I had to make the decision to not install right wall shelving.

After the install, I called Closet World 3 times, left messages with person answering, and yet, no one from Closet World made any contact, although, they did charge the full amount balance, $4,199 as stated. What makes me write this review, is that when I wrote a detailed letter to the supposedly “professional” designer, she has chosen to ignore and not respond to my grievances; I or anyone I know will ever do any business with Closet World, I would strongly recommend, buyer beware!

Original review: June 10, 2021

Cabinet was made way too small for the opening. So the installer added to the frame to make it fit. When I called Closet World I was told to speak to Diego in Installation. He didn’t return my call and when I finally reached him, he said I needed to contact the main office. They kept bouncing me back in forth. I called Pam the person who came out to measure and she didn’t return my call. If you are dissatisfied with your product, no one will help you. Very poor customer service and product. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

We paid 15,000 dollars for a medium size walk in closet back in 2015. We live between NY and LA and the closet was barely used during these years. The quality of finishing is so poor that the top layer is peeling in multiple places, both tilted hampers stopped working (one fell on my feet and hurt me), several decorative planks fell off. I have been trying to schedule repairs under their “7-year warranty” with no result! Originally I was told over the phone that they charge 89 dollars to come in to do repairs and all I need to do is to make a list of what is needed.

I made a list and called them to schedule but this time was told they will charge me $120 dollars for someone to just “come to look at the damages and to give me an estimate”! I was shocked and mentioned the warranty but the representative laughed at me and said “What? You have so many damages, you want a brand new closet?” She refused to connect me to her supervisor. I tried to email my questions to them-no answer, called and asked for a supervisor many times- he is never available/at lunch/gone for the day. Today I signed the agreement to pay $120 for them to just come over since I have no choice.

When I called to schedule an appointment, after signing the agreement, I was told they can’t schedule me in because everyone is gone for today and they are also very busy! Imagine that! I will be posting multiple photos I have. Please don’t repeat my mistakes, don’t order anything from this company! There are other companies who do stand behind their products. Their closets are junk, customer service is non-existent.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I made an appointment with this company to design a closet remodel and garage storage. The night before the appointment I received a message saying, "Please call us back". When I did I was placed on hold and when no one came back to me after 8 minutes I decided they really didn't need to talk to me. The next day no one showed up and when I called about it I was told that the person who was supposed to come out was ill and I was asked to reschedule to the following week which I did. The night before the second appointment I received a confirmation call. The next day, no one showed up. When I called the operator could not find the estimator so I was again asked to rebook. This time I declined to do so.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I, regretfully, did not research this company prior to making my purchase. Several weeks after making my purchase, I was informed that the product as described in the agreement was not available. I was told that I could upgrade to something similar, but it would be an additional $1,000. I did not think it was fair to have a product in the purchase agreement that was unavailable and be charged an additional $1,000 for something close. So, submitted my notification to cancel.

After several weeks of trying to contact Closet World to confirm the cancellation, I finally got Greg ** VP Sales on the phone. To be clear, it was incredibly hard to get these guys to respond to anything, and even more so when I informed them my intent was to cancel. Greg is unfriendly at best, and rude at worst. He had zero sympathy for my situation, and you can read other reviews about how he interacts with customers. When I told him I was cancelling, he said I couldn't, and believed the purchase agreement was valid even though he admitted the documented product did not exist. Pretty brazen response, but I was at an impasse with Closet World.

Without going into all the detail it took me several months to work through the dispute, but I eventually got my money back. I hope this provides anyone looking to Closet World for products caution about making a purchase from this company. Take a look at all the other 1 star reviews, inform yourself, and if you proceed, be awfully cautious. Read all the fine print, and know that they will not stand behind their product, nor do they care about making amends with customers who feel they were wronged.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Closet World. Not a good time to screw up if you’re at all concerned about repeat business or getting new customers. Reason being, right about now, many of us (consumers) have a lot of time on our hands and nothing better to do than write a critique of our experiences. Company: Closet World. I thought I’d give them a try because I needed a hallway cabinet installed for additional storage. Not a big job and just the right size to gauge their product and the talent of their installers for a considerably much larger job. Easy-peasy.

The Salesperson: Good job. Talent for detail. Personable. No complaints. However, this is where everything goes south.. Communication between the Sales Department and the Installation Department. Somehow, things always appear to get lost in translation. The installers were scheduled for at least a month ahead and called me three times to confirm. Friday, June 5th, between 8 am and 12 noon. The installer was here at 8 am. He sat in his vehicle for about an hour. It appeared he was talking to someone. He rang the doorbell around 9 and said: “My boss just told me to go to another site and help the guy there. Sorry. I’ll be back around noon.”

A phone call came roughly a half hour later from the Installation Dept. saying the installers would arrive at my home between 1 pm and 3. No explanation was offered. The original salesperson called, confirmed and arrived for our appointment to design another job. I explained that it was partially contingent upon the work that was supposed to be done before her arrival so I might gauge the work and make an informed decision. She agreed. A call was placed to the Installation Dept. They then asked if they could come on Saturday to do the installation. I said yes, as it was already 2:55 and no installer was present or had called to cancel.

Fast forward to Saturday, June 6th, 8 am. No call. No show. 9am..nothing. 9:54..the doorbell rings.. The guy from yesterday and a new guy. A Mr. **. I never got the name of the guy from yesterday, although he didn’t hesitate to ask me to go and blow up my bathroom. Not cool. Anyways, they did the installation of the cabinets and shelves. The wall had an electrical outlet which according to them stuck out and interfered with one of the drawers. They said they could remove they outlet and tape the wires but it would leave an open hole where the receptacle was. I said ok.

I noticed the drawers and cabinet hinges were not ‘soft close’. They said the order called for standard equipment. They were already close to finished and wasn’t going to make a big deal out of it, but then they left trash behind. (Didn’t sweep up or remove their shoe covers when departing) I checked the work and signed off on it. It was ok. Not the best work I’ve seen. I’m rather disappointed. I had high hopes. The drawers don’t glide the way I had expected. The cabinet doors rattle when closed. There’s no backing on these wall units either. Like I said, disappointing. Now, I’m prepared to deal with it but then I go in my bedroom and turn on the TV and.. nothing. No power on that entire wall. I check the circuit breaker and nothing has been tripped. Ok, now I’m pissed.

A call to their office, I get connected to installation and tell them what the problem is. They tell me, they’re going to contact the installers or the dept. supervisor and call me back. That was at 4:30. Still waiting on that call.. That was June 6. I sent the receipt for the repairs on June 10 to R. **. It’s now July 2. I have not received notification or contact of any sort regarding any delay. I would not recommend this company. I am not happy with their customer service. I am not happy with their workmanship nor the quality of their product. I believe it to be subpar or inferior. I do not see a value in using their product for the amount of money this project cost.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

The rep did a good job on the consultation. She came out to the house, measured and offered suggestions. We had to make changes a couple of times because we were trying to figure out everything that we wanted. But she was supportive and it worked out well. Then the installers came in and they got the work done all in one day. I actually ended up leaving. We had to work but we didn't have any issues although they were there late and I didn't know if I wanted them there till 8 o’clock. But it would've been better than having them leave at 5:00 and then coming back the next day for a couple of hours.

All in all, it went really good. Everything turned out great. The quality was excellent. It may have been a little bit more expensive than some of the other options but in the end, I got better quality for some of the other stuff that would've been less expensive. Maybe I would not have been as happy with it as how I am with what I got. Closet World also had done work in my husband’s house years back.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

The designer came out to the house a handful of times and did some renderings for my wife. We talked it through, and after about the third iteration, she finally kind of hit what we needed. The installers did a nice job with the walk-in closet. They were in and out in a couple of hours. They had all the parts and pieces. There was one shelf missing that they came back later and replaced. It was a good installation. The two guys that came out seemed to know what they were doing. The quality is good, but for what we paid, I wish the finished product was a little higher quality. We had a cabinet made by a different vendor in the bathroom for about the same price and size, and you can see a distinct difference in the quality, the wood that was used and the hardwood that was used.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I’ve always gotten flyers from Closet World. The timing was right and I got a walk-in closet then another set of closet from them. Sam was my designer and he was fantastic. The installation process was just as good. The closets are beautiful. I was very happy with everything.

Closet World author review by Jessica Render

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Closet World Company Information