Call toll free
3.99/5
Based on 1,035 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Organize your entire home with Closet World. Our large selection of finishes, colors, and accessories help you achieve total home organization that is both functional and appealing. We offer unique designs for every room including closets, pantries, garages, home offices and laundry rooms along with a selection of wall beds and flooring to complement your home.

Serving California & Nevada

Fully Insured (GCL/WC) Bonded (CB/PB) Lic CA #631369, #767419, NV #51301

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1747 Closet World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 24, 2018

I had two closets installed through Closet World -- my master bedroom and my guest bedroom closets. I’m very, very happy with them. The designer came in the master and then the guest bedroom with her design stuff and spent about an hour and a half between the 2 rooms. I just read my book out in the living room and she was just writing and drawing and everything else. She was very nice. She also knew exactly what I wanted and I got exactly what I wanted. The installation was one guy and he was such a nice guy as well. He just went about his business. He was here on time and he didn’t take very long. The installation was only a few hours and he had it all done, which was amazing to me. He was very competent.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I had Home Depot and Closet World come out and give me a bid. Closet World gave a lesser bid and their representatives were fine. They did a really nice installation and I like the shelving. The shelves in the closet are twice better than what I've had done in Arizona which weren't good since they were sinking when I put my stuff in.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My wife wanted a more organized space in her section of the closet so she called Closet World and the saleslady came in. They talked and she drew up a nice diagram, which my wife accepted. The installers were great. They were quick, fast and efficient. They put in the cabinet in my wife’s closet and so far, it's good. We had a choice in material and the one that we picked is as good as it is. It’s quality work and I’m convinced that if I need to do that to another closet, I’m gonna call Closet World. I would recommend them too.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Closet World did our closets before, so we decided to keep using them. We recently had them install closets in the master bedroom and in another bedroom and we like the build very much. Their reps were very professional, very efficient, and very good. The crew was always interactive, going back and forth, and making sure that we knew what they were doing. And they got the job done. I would tell others to go ahead and use Closet World. They do what they need to do.

Original review: June 20, 2018

The Closet World designer really knew her stuff, so she was very capable. We had the closet and flooring done, and also had some unique cabinets built. The two gentlemen that did it were good employees. They were very skilled in what they did. They had a little bit picked up on the next day, but most of it was done during their first visit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: June 19, 2018

We saw an ad for Closet World and there was some type of promotion. We had been thinking about doing some work on our closet because we were setting up a nursery for our daughter about to be born. So, we called them up and set up an appointment. At the time, the pricing seemed right with the promotion and we weren’t too concerned about the workmanship because our transaction involved standard modular Melamine-layered shelving with some closet rods and some cross-shelving, with a little bit of crown molding on the top. Nothing too intricate.

Our designer was nice but we had a situation where the drawing wasn’t really perfect, so when the installer came the first time to install the closet, it wasn’t correct. So, he had to come back and finish the installation another week later. It wasn’t a big deal in the long run but I took a day off of work for it and had to end up making myself available for another day. So, that was the worst part of the whole experience. Other than that, the installer did a good job. He was clean and very fast. If it wasn’t for the situation with the mis-measure by the designer, things would have been even better.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I liked the Closet World sales person, and she was very friendly and seemed very professional. The designer was very good and had all the knowledge that she needed. I had a closet installed in the master bedroom and the end result was exactly as planned.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I liked Closet World's price and the lady who came out. She was good on the initial visit. She was on time, professional, and respectful of what I expressed with my budget. She let me know what my options were without being pushy and that was a big deal for me. I had them install basic shelving and added some racks in different places. When the installer's came out, they were here later than I was told they'd be here. But there was a miscommunication because they were out of Hayward and I'm not very close to that. And when they were leaving the yard, it was communicated to me that they were gonna be here at a particular time. But once they were here, they were professional, respectful, and did what they needed to. So far, the shelving that they installed for me is functioning and doing what I need it to. I also told my friends that I'm happy with what Closet World did for me and that they should give them a call.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I had Closet World install Black Melamine in my bedroom closet. My interaction with the designer was perfect. The installation and my interaction with the installers were good. My overall experience was really good.

Original review: June 18, 2018

As an architect, I’ve been in the industry for a long time and I’ve worked with Closet World before. They gave a really good price for a closet organizer for my parents' master closet and that was why I picked them.The designer was really nice. She spent a lot of time here working on everything. But the width of the panels that they put in was smaller than we thought and I don’t think we discussed that in the drawings but it was okay. That was the only communication that we didn't have very well and that we were disappointed in.

Aside from that, they also had some damaged pieces in the drawers when they came to install. So we had to wait a week to get two drawers then when they brought them back, the handles were installed wrong so we had to wait another few days so that they could bring them back again. That was annoying. But other than that, the installation was okay. The full installation took about three days and the entire process took three weeks. The end result is not the best quality ever but it’s good enough for what I paid. The overall experience was worth it.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I heard about Closet World from my realtor and all the products, like the cabinets are good. We use them every day. The designer explained to me and my wife also. She wrote a note and she pretty much know exactly what we wanted and came through. And once you told them exactly what you need, they don't push you or anything. Our designer listened to what we wanted and that was what she did. That was why it was so quick and so painless.

We had some difficulties because we had a couple of water valves sticking out and she went around that and made the whole design fit, so that was kinda cool. The installation team explained whatever he had to do, let us know exactly how long the installation was gonna take, if we were okay with everything and he just went over again what I had to pay. So it was good communication. I've seen a lot of bad reviews about them. But they do a lot of work and they listen to you.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Closet World's salesperson came over and she was excellent. I had their company put a slide wall in my garage. Their designer did a great job overall and I'm very happy. I also told my contractor for the garage that I would use his services again and again.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I saw a Closet World ad and I had them install a basic system with shelving and a couple of hanging clothes rack. It was nothing fancy. The designer worked with my design and changed it when I needed it changed. Her expertise was excellent, she knew what she was doing and helped me out just by me giving her an idea of what I wanted. The installation team did a good job and there was no problem dealing with them. The crew explained everything and I got a lot of work done around my house so they were great and everything worked out the first time. Also, it was quick to get an appointment and they got it here as quick as they could. They got it installed and I didn’t have to wait very long, so that was nice.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Closet World had a 20% off sale going on and I did a 13' reach-in closet, with a built-in dresser, a hamper and several different hanging areas and shelving. The designer came over to the house and we all liked her. She was good and the installer was very good too. He was on time, fast and organized. I have considered giving Closet World a callback and get one more shelf. I've also recommended them to a few people.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The other company that was going to do the pantry was asking way too much money. I told them I was not gonna pay that kind of money for a pantry and so, the contractor recommended Closet World. The designer was very good, thorough and explained everything to me. The installation went very smoothly and it was fast. They gave me a time frame of three days and they did it. Closet World did a very good job for me and they were professional. They did what they said they were gonna do, I’m very happy with the result and I would recommend them.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I got a closet interior and closet doors done by Closet World and the designer was very personable and efficient. We talked and she measured. She really knew her products and she showed me all the different options. It went really well and I was really pleased with her. The installers showed up on time and got right to work. They didn’t bother me while they were going in and out with all the material then someone let me know when it was done. It was a good job and I was really pleased with the whole thing.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had Closet World handed down and I wasn’t gonna look out for someone to come and fix for me so I had closets installed in the three rooms and one outside. The designer gave me a lot of insights on how it was gonna look like, the kind of material they were gonna use, how many days and all the stuff to be expected. In one of the closets, we have an access to the crawl space and that closet was left not done very well so the installation was average. The installation crew did their job, explained things and I was working with them alongside. They asked me to repaint if I needed to do any touch ups because it’s an old closet and they wanna put it a little bit higher so the old paint where the old structure was gonna show up.

After the initial installation, my designer messaged me and I explained to him that I might need someone to fix the space for the crawl area. That is something that I'm waiting for, but I'm too packed on my work right now. The experience with Closet World has been good and the best part of it was that they gave me a window for three weeks but they were able to get this all done in less than two weeks. We have time for our garage makeover to add more storage and we reached out to the designer.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We called Closet World and they came and gave us a quote for the garage cabinets. The designer was very nice and professional, but the installation was not the greatest. It was coming apart and they were gonna charge me to fix it. We had some exchange, but they apologized and came a couple of days ago and they finished it. I had the product a little hold on. I'm not too impressed with the cabinets, though it is fine if you just have light stuff to put in it.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We called up California Closet but they have too long of a wait time. Closet World's service was to be done a lot faster. The whole process took about two weeks and they did a great job. So everything worked. Our house was completely empty and we had to design closets for the master bedroom and a spare room. My wife and I worked with a gentleman from Closet World and they did what they needed to do. They came out and installed them. Everything was good.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I saw a 40% Closet World ad in the newspaper and then I called them to see what’s up. The designer, Tatiana was very sweet. She took her time and explained everything to me. She was very knowledgeable and if I didn’t understand what she was saying, she would pull out the book and show me examples, which made it really easy to make my choices. Also, it was supposed to be a two-day installation and the installers finished in one day.

The final product looks amazing. I love its quality. It’s amazing, we’re blown-away. We rent at the Palazzo and things are not high-end there. They didn’t invest a lot of money on their cabinetry and the things just feel like if you hit them hard enough, you would break them. So this new closet feels really sturdy and the selection of wood is really extensive. We picked out this beautiful gray and we’re very happy so far. I'm a pleased customer and I tell everybody about Closet World. In fact, I’ve already recommended them to my husband’s cousin.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We used Closet World's services before in our previous home in California and we were pleased with the end product. We had them install a Murphy bed and two desk spaces with an overhead cabinet in my upstairs office. Their designers were very helpful and courteous. They cared for our area and cleaned up behind themselves. My office area was on the second level so I felt sorry for the installers carrying the equipment and the materials. I had to give them some water because it was hot. Still, they managed and they were a pleasure to work with.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I had an office done in my home several years ago by Closet World. And since they have a good price and I was satisfied with their work, I went with them again. This time was for my daughter’s home. My understanding was it was going to be a desk with something comparable to what I had in my home. But it just turned out to be a desk. It was probably my fault because I was allowing my daughter to talk with the their rep. Nonetheless, the designer was pleasant. I paid over a $1,000 just for a desk. So subsequently, I had to go out and get the rest finished someplace else. Overall, I wasn’t satisfied with what I received, I wasn’t very satisfied with the customer service and the installers were a day late. I would probably not use them again. I'd tell others to shop around. And where I had the other shelves and things done, someone can do it at a less price and less hassle.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Previously, I used Closet World's services at home to put in closet stuff. More recently, I hired them to give me shelving outside at my workplace where I could have a microwave and put in a sink. I had them install a basic waterproof counter with doors underneath and above it. I had an awesome time working with their designer who drew it out the way I wanted it. Their installers were efficient and though Closet World costs more than other companies, they were quick and everything was done in one appointment.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Closet World's salesperson had it down. I had them install a master bedroom closet made of gray melamine wood. However, we had a few issues when the installation team was here. There was a miscommunication because the board came precut and there was a slight variance in measurement in what was designed. So, their installation team had to come back and fix something. Our needs were resolved after that.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The salesperson said she was put one closet on hold since it was still under construction and just do the other. That did not happen. They installed both and now are refusing to remove the one in the unfinished room. It’s their fault!! The room still need flooring and paint!!! The salesperson was concerned about her sale. The people at the office want to charge me to remove it. Don’t use them. I’m spreading the word. Be warned!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

We had Closet World do a big closet which almost over 350 square feet and one small closet, living room and loft entertainment centers, and some cabinet wall built in my office. I was a bit leery about the designer at the beginning, but after she sat about three hours, she convinced me that the product and the design were good. we made some designs and we got it all taken care of in five hours. So it happened quickly. I had a much better experience with the installer. He did a great job, and everything was done great.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The designer knew exactly what I wanted and she drew it real fast. The installers did a great job with the bedroom closet, and it was completed properly. They were very efficient and very quick. I highly recommend Closer World.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We got quotes from two different companies and they were kind of similar. Closet World's install day was like the first and because of that, I decided to go with them. I had them install the white thing for a master closet. The designer was really nice. However, when it got installed, I was really disappointed. It was very way overpriced for the material that they used. They charged me almost $2000 and it looks like bunch of shelves that you buy from Home Depot. I wanna make two other closets for myself and I would never use them.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Closet World has been around forever. I had them install a closet and everybody was professional and quick. I’d recommend them.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Closet World's reviews were good and their prices were less expensive. We had talked to California Closets and it appeared that they used the same products, but we'd be paying for their advertising and their fancy showroom. We did a master closet in our bedroom and the Closet World designer was wonderful. She was very efficient and she knew her stuff. She came in, walked us through everything and was able to quickly pull up the dimensions and give us a price quote. The installers were also really efficient, clean, neat and orderly. They worked and were out quickly. Everything turned out fine. In fact, our neighbors also had Closet World after we did.

Closet World expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

• Best for: Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs