3.95/5
Based on 1,002 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Organize your entire home with Closet World. Our large selection of finishes, colors, and accessories help you achieve total home organization that is both functional and appealing. We offer unique designs for every room including closets, pantries, garages, home offices and laundry rooms along with a selection of wall beds and flooring to complement your home.

Serving California & Nevada

Fully Insured (GCL/WC) Bonded (CB/PB) Lic CA #631369, #767419, NV #51301

Closet World Video
Closet World Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 26, 2018

1577 Closet World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had some of Closet World's ads in the mail and I decided to try them. I got them to install a few closets in the garage and in another room for me. Their designer and installers were good. And if there was any problem, they were very ready to replace it. All in all, I would tell others to go for Closet World because they are professional.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I looked up Closet World through the mail and I had a price from a different person, and they were just outrageous. They have the better price so I went with them. Everybody did a good job. My garage closet was beautiful. It's white and it looks organized. So, I'm very pleased with it. My experience with Closet World was wonderful. I would tell a friend that they did a professional job and that they should go with them.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I used Closet World about 15 years ago and I liked the work that they did. That time, I had work inside done inside and this time, it was outside in the garage. The designer was knowledgeable and my experience dealing with her was nice. The installation was great too. Two guys came out and they were on time. They put the products in and it all went well. I’m happy that they came out and did what they said they were going to do. It was good having them to come back again.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Closet World has great price and excellent quality, and it was the best deal that I found. So, I had them install a closet system in a white finish. Their designer was good. He was extremely responsive and really knowledgeable. We had some changes back and forth and he was really quick to make those changes and then revised the quote. I really appreciated working with him. The installation guys were great. They were really clean, very polite, very quiet and they did an excellent job. I was really, really happy with my closet.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We've used Closet World a number of years ago. When we got a different house, we got beds from three different people and I was impressed by Closet World's design. Recently, we had them work on one of our master walk-in closets and I was very happy with the installation and their follow through. They were very professional. I had one guy show up and he was done in about the time he was gonna be done. There was one minor issue and he came back two days later to replace one of the drawer phases. I'm very happy with the quality of the products and we're gonna have a second closet installed probably in May. I'd also recommend Closet World to any of my friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: April 19, 2018

We got the new triple closet drawers and then we had shelving put in as well. The Closet World designer was very professional, thorough and easy to get a hold of. The installation was really good too. It was just one day. Everything was done pretty well and I like the closet.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The beginning with Closet World was good but once they got the work done, there was no follow-up at all. There were two shelves missing and the installer told me that he would let them know and I would be getting it in a shipment within two to four weeks, but the deadline has crossed. In the meantime, I reached out to the designer and she said that she couldn't figure it out from the picture I sent even though it was quite visible. I gave her the receipt from the installer showing that two shelves are missing and she said she would follow up. She took more than a week to follow up and then she told me to email the issue to Closet World customer service.

I emailed them and I haven’t heard back from them. It’s a very basic thing. All they have to do is send us two shelves which are missing from our closet. It is clearly in the design too, but they weren't sent to us. Also, we had asked the installer if he could put something to hang over there so we could use the space. But we haven’t been able to completely organize the closet because of that. There are also two drawers that are not gliding properly and the installer said that after we put clothes in there, it would eventually glide smoothly but it hasn’t.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I had Closet World install a pantry and the designer was very nice which is why I went into this. But I’ve been talking to the guy to come and fix one of the things that didn’t give me enough space to put some stuff on top of the pantry. I told Cheryl, the lady who helped me with this that I need some space for storage because I have a big gap in there, so I can put my paper towels. She told me that she will tell the guy to make the last shelf small so I can put my stuff in there. I called three times. We made a date because my husband was there and he never came. I want to call her again since she asked me to call her back if they don’t come but I’m very busy and they haven’t done anything so I’m not happy with that. I want them to fix my stuff and not waste my time. I thought it was going to be a good experience but it was expensive and not of good quality so I will not recommend to anybody else.

Original review: April 17, 2018

A co-worker got an estimate from Closet World but he didn't get a job. He told me about them and I had already shopped around for the other closet companies but I decided to go with them. I got installed some partitions inside the closets to organize them then I got some more of a closet outside around my bedroom. I So I had two big closets and a section for shoes done. Their designer had better ideas and I liked the fact that she came out and did everything at the visit. Most of the other companies would get back to you within a day or two and send you a quote online. So, she was able to do it right away and get a decision made on set on the spot.

I love the fact that at the very beginning, I had a good encounter with the lady that came out. I was also happy with the salesperson that came out and the quote was competitive with other companies. However, I'm very disappointed with the installation. They sent one guy on the first day and he could barely level the thing. He needed another set of hands, which I had to provide by holding a section so that he could attach the top piece because he was having a hard time by himself. He only ended up doing the small closet inside that day. Then, they didn't bring the right hampers when they came back, so they had to spend another day for hampers.

They've made five trips so far because the measurements were wrong. Initially, the closets were taking part of the window, so they had to send that back. I had my clothes for two weeks just laying everywhere at the house because the closet wasn't done. And so far, they came out again and installed some pieces. Then they found out that the doors weren't the right height so they had to skid them back out. They also got the new doors put in and now, everything got whacked. I got caps on the top figured in the bottom and everything doesn't look symmetrical or squared.

As of now, my order still has not been completed at full satisfaction. I still have a bunch of details and punchless items. It appears that I have to be chasing the company to get my stuff taken care of because if I didn't call, their reps wouldn't call me at all. It's been a rough journey and things are taking forever. It's not a cheap price and I'm not giving away $5,000 for a closet and have to go through all this. I left Roman, them manager for that branch, two messages and asked for a callback so we could get this squared out faster. The guy must be busy because he hasn't even returned the call or sent an email. So I'm having a horrible experience and I wouldn't recommend Closet World because of that. I'm going to make sure that everyone is aware of what kind of service they're providing.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had Closet World install some shelving and poles in my main closet. My Closet World designer, David, was great and I really liked him. He maximized my space. He was really knowledgeable and he knew what I wanted. He designed something for me and it was perfect. Closet World had my wrong address, so the installer was lost. So, I told him to call me once he got here and I met him at my house, I opened the door, and I let him do whatever he needed. He called me back, told me it was done and he also told me to look and make sure everything was done to my liking. And I looked and everything looked great. He had me sign the form and he left. He was great as well.

Original review: April 16, 2018

There was a lot of miscommunication and errors when I hired Closet World to build me a closet with hanging bars, shelves, and drawers. Their designer made a lot of mistakes. She didn't measure correctly and promised that I would have certain things added which the installers didn't have when they came out. She gave me the wrong color, too. I ordered white and she gave me almond. She also didn't quote me correctly then came back and said that I had to pay more money after I already signed the contract and put a deposit down.

I also hired her to measure for my dad and install for him. She totally screwed up the measurements over there, too. They did his closet first then they had to comeback out on a second day to do mine. I called their installation manager and told him that they should not to come out until they remeasured. I didn't want the same mistake. But he said that everything would be fine. So their installers came out without remeasuring and in the end, my closet was not done correctly.

It was supposed to have a notch out from my light switch, but it doesn't have that. I was also supposed to have shoe shelves all the way up and I only got six. Then, they promised me that I could move the shelves as much as I wanted, but the shelves don't fit anywhere else and are not adjustable. I'm stuck with them and I don't know who to call because their installation manager, Randy, was such a jerk. He yelled and insulted me in front of the installer. I put him on speaker phone so I had evidence and I wasn't making it up. He said I was rude and out of line. He also said he could care less about whatever happened to my dad's house. He also wouldn't come out.

I would never use Closet World again and I would never recommend them because of the way I was treated. I don't care if I'm wrong. As a consumer and as a paying customer, they still have to treat me with respect and dignity. They shouldn't insult the customer, especially when I paid already. They treated my dad badly, too. This manager treated people the same way that if something didn't fit, he wouldn't make adjustments.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Closet World had good pricing, and I really needed to get my closets in the garage. I really like the way they installed it and I liked how it organized my garage space. Our designer was really good, very helpful, and she listened to what we needed and that's what we got. The installation guy had to come in three times, but it was okay. He missed the shelf in one of them and had to bring it again. And then, we had a concern because it was installed on the wall, and we needed a better explanation for that. But he was able to bring something to install on the bottom. Closet World has met my expectations.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Closet World had a special signing and we were impressed with all of their pictures, so I contacted them when I bought my new home. Stacy, the designer, came to my home and then we ordered from there. It was because of her that we chase the order but there were a few things were missing from the pictures. The picture had an ironing table that goes by the wall which I liked, but she didn’t tell me that it was not big enough for me to even iron my shirt. I complained about it to a supervisor and then he asked me to send the pictures to him. But there would be too many pictures, so I asked him to send somebody up here so that I could show them the work that was done. He said he would schedule somebody to come in, but it had been two weeks and nobody came.

The financing was done by the Wells Fargo Bank, and I went forward and told them that the project was not complete and they should not be financing that. Then they told me that I didn't need to meet them until they resolve the whole issue. Then, somebody from Closet World called me and asked what happened to the project. I told her that it was not complete and the supervisors know about it. Though the last supervisor I talked to was not the scheduled supervisor but was calling me in the same capacity as the scheduled supervisor. I also texted Stacy and she texted me back saying somebody would call us from the company, but nobody called me back. That was frustrating.

We got four closets, our laundry room, and my garage done by Closet World. All of these projects cost $17,000 and the fixed product looked like some guy picked up from Home Depot. It was nothing professional. And the installers had been complaining about the walls not being straight and that they got too much workload. They would show up around one o’clock in the afternoon and by four or five o’clock they were exhausted already. But that was not my fault. They were supposed to do $5,000 project in a day and mine was $13,000 for the first project and was finished within in two days. Also, the installers kept blaming everything on the designer, and then the designer is complaining about the installers. And then the first two installers were really the worst. They messed up the whole thing. Even my wife got pissed off and told the supervisor, “I’m not going to pay you anything. Just take all your closets away. This is not the right way to do it.” The supervisor said they were going to resolve it and try to give some money back, but there had been no resolution yet.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I'm new to the area and we previously used California Closet in Northern California. I thought to try Closet World and see how they do. They looked like they have some big discount and so I tried them. However, it was awful. I didn’t realize what I was getting so it was my fault in many ways. I was expecting from the quality of the closets of California Closet, and what I received was something that I could have purchased from Home Depot. So, we ended up upgrading the door and cabinet. It just looked very cheap. The wood front face of the doors of the actual drawer’s doors were glued together rather than one solid piece of particle board. They were going to charge us extra for upgrading and I don’t know if they did since I havent looked at my receipt. But the sales person was great and I really like her a lot. I just think that they need to communicate a little bit better particularly when they know that they are working with a previous California Closet person.

The construction was sloppy and I don’t think the quality is great, and I’m certain that if you pay a lot more money, you can get a premium product. But as it turns out, we paid them $5,000 so I don’t think that’s cheap. I was very disappointed. The quote the designer provided wasn’t on the same level as California Closet. They’re pretty detailed and they drew it out and it’s very, very professional. They come out, measure and they send you a drawing of what you’re getting. I didn’t really receive anything that was at the same level of professionalism. It’s probably just the training issue in terms of what Closet World required of their designers. They probably don’t have the requirements as California Closet does. Overall, my experience was very nondescript. I’m just not impressed and I would not use their product again.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Closet World was less expensive over another similar company so we had them install two customized closets for the master bedroom. The Closet World designer was very friendly and very fast in getting the plans designed and coming to our house. She made everything very easy. On the other hand, the installers were amazing. They installed it a lot faster than they had told me they were going to take. They were going to do it in two days but they did it in one day. They were very friendly and the installer came back to install a tire rack. I was very satisfied with Closet World and I wouldn’t go with anybody else. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: April 14, 2018

We had a master closet and a guest room closet installed by Closet World. The designer was great and very knowledgeable. When she was here, she wrote everything on a piece of paper but she whited out some stuff. But the copy that the installer had was a photocopy of that, and it was the darkest copy ever and so he started asking me questions about what the measurements are supposed to be. And he was going off somebody else, ensuring that the correct item was on the truck.

The installer tried to charge me $50 to remove some stuff and take it to a dump which I said no to. And then they did not notify me that they would be taking out my baseboards and I had to sign a waiver or they would not install my closet. So there was a lot of things that weren’t communicated to me and were also additional charges. I called the designer about it and she had no idea what I was talking about and she said it was the first time she heard about it, but when I talked to the installer, he said that the designers were always aware of it. So there was a huge communication break with this company.

When I had a complaint about another charge they were giving me, the installer directed me to go to their website and that was when I discovered really terrible reviews about Closet World. So the whole time, I was nervous that something was going to screw up. But the installer completed it the same day and I'm happy with my closets. The experience was definitely strange but they were good.

Original review: April 14, 2018

We used Closet World a few years ago in a different house, and then we had California Closets do some interior work in this house and they pissed me off. So I went with Closet World to do the garage cabinets. The designer's name was Caroline, and she was great. She made everything out perfectly. And I didn't have issues with the installation.

Original review: April 13, 2018

The Closet World designer who came out for the initial consultation was helpful, knowledgeable and made good suggestions. But the installation process was really aggravating. They brought one of the wrong drawers and the drawer for the laundry portion was damaged, which the installer replaced but with the wrong drawer and then they forgot the shelving. Also, they didn’t measure to make sure the shelving fit so when they came back to install it, they just put the shelves against the wall and didn’t put them in. So I called Harold, the installer, and told him I was frustrated. It was the first stop and it wasn’t done right, so they had to come back twice in one day. But Harold was able to fix it quickly and he did a fine job. Anyone looking into Closet World should proceed with caution.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I knew about Closet Work thru a shipper ad in a local new shipper and I chose them because a family member had used them previously. I had them install a custom closet in the master bedroom and it was great. Their designer was really good and she has a very high level of knowledge. She was very respectful of what was necessary. I didn’t feel like she’s trying to push higher end stuff or stuff that we didn’t need. I actually had asked her for more drawers because I knew that we had more stuff in the garage and she was like, “Well, you don’t need more drawers based on what I’ve seen.” On the other hand, the installation was quick and clean. They didn’t do any damage, so no issues there. If I can add one suggestion, they should have a wet mop because it get what's left. He cleaned up all the debris and all that stuff, but there’s still some stuff left.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Closet World was cheaper compared to the other companies and a friend of mine used them, so I hired them to do cabinets in the garage. My Closet World designer was great and she was very helpful. The installers were in and out, and I never even knew they were here. They were very clean. It was a great experience overall.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I found Closet World on the internet and I like the fact that they could do the job in a quick timeframe. Their designer was a little abrasive, but nice. She did what I wanted her to do. I wanted to have additional hanging and shelves and drawers in my closet and they did that for me. Everybody was very nice. The only bad interaction I had was the woman who called me to schedule the installation. We wanted to do it in a timeframe because I was going out of town. She called me and said there was absolutely no way they could do it. I was about to say something and she just hung up. Nevertheless, the designer cleared it off, and we were able to do it in the timeframe that I need it to be done.

Closet World came and did a quick job. However, they weren't able to install the drawer because they had the wrong piece. They scheduled to come back to install it and they came and did that. Closet World's edge is really being able to deliver on a timely basis, which was really the most important thing. I had somebody else do my drawings for me that mine is better than the original design. But the fact that the price was good and they were very prompt in doing it, were the factors that I went with them. Overall, I was very happy with what they did and I was satisfied with them.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We had two closets organized by Closet World for my master bedroom and our entry area in the kitchen. The designer came by one time to answer our questions and to give feedback as well. But that was the last we saw of her and there was no follow-up on her part. She gave me a name of somebody who would do the prepping, but it wasn’t clear in my mind how we were going to accomplish this. So I called and told her that if this guy would do the demolition and painting and Closet World would do the installation, I would be double paying because the demolition was included with the price that she quoted for the new closet. And she said that was just how it is.

When the installers came, they did the demolition but I didn’t have the time to paint the wall because they tore it apart and just put the closets in with all those little nooks. And since we chose not to have backing on the master bedroom closets, most of it was exposed so I had to go around and paint the wall that way. Then they went to the other one and they emptied out the pantry and they ran out of time, which was perfect because I could go in there and paint, but I spent the whole night just to get that done because they were coming back the next morning. I talked to the previous installer we had on other projects throughout the house and he said that they misled me and that I should’ve asked them for an extra day of demolition.

The designer also sold us into this extra package of the hardware where we could hang up a pot and pan, but it was more designed for a garage and for hanging a bike on it and had nothing to do with anything that we wanted to put in our kitchen. We brought that to Closet World’s attention and they fixed it by giving us another box of the exact same thing that we told them we didn’t want in the first place. So they just took it off the final bill to get that resolved. In the end, I like the closets that we have. We just had a few things that had to be corrected. But next time around, I’m going to go with another closet company. I just don’t want that much hassle when it comes to customer service.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I had used Closet World before and this time they did a walk-in closet in my bedroom. Everything went well with the designer. The installation took five hours. It went okay and my interactions with the the installation crew were good. I'd tell friends to go ahead and do their closet project with Closet World.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We got a few bids from different companies and Closet World had the most cost effective quote. The designer lady came to our house and took all my needs and concern and sketched out a drawing and got us a price. She was really nice. We got them to do two closet organizers and two sets of closet doors. When the installer got here, he told me that there would be an additional $50 to haul away the old stuff which was disappointing because we were never told that before. And so, I had to get on the phone with the sales person and the Closet World people.

Our designer was out of town when our closet was getting installed but she did call us back in regards to that extra charge and apologized for that and got it waived. She was really great to deal with, but it was a hassle. The installer did a fine job, but he didn’t clean up my baby's room as much as I feel like he should have because there was little flecks of dry wall on the ground. And my baby was crawling around and started eating it.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My Closet World experience was perfect. The service and personnel were good. The designer was good and the installer was very professional. The walk-in closet installation was quick. The closet was good and strong, and very easy to clean. So far, everything is fine. I will recommend Closet World.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I liked Closet World based on their online reviews and I found them better than most other closet companies. So, I got an estimate from them for my closet project and I had them install closets in the bedroom and in the garage. The designer I had was good. She gave her suggestions, but she could accommodate our requirements and change the design if needed, so it was pleasant working with her. Also, she wasn't pushy. She gave us the estimate, then gave us all the time to make a choice on the design. I would recommend Closet World and tell friends about my experience with them. It was easy to work with Closet World. The prices could be lowered but were good enough.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Closet World had a great sale price of 40% off, so I had them install closets in my house in Southern California. I knew their product was awesome, so when I moved to Hampton I didn’t have to shop around and I decided that I wanted Closet World to do my garage here in Las Vegas. The designer was awesome. I told her what I needed and what I wanted, and she measured and said, “This will be perfect.” The gentlemen who installed the closets were friendly and on time. They were very polite and they asked if I had any questions. They knew what they were doing and they just got to it, and they got the work done. I have recommended Closet World to a friend. He was thinking of putting some shelving in his garage and I told him, “You've got to do this. These guys are awesome. Their closets are top-rate."

Original review: April 9, 2018

I had the organized shelving in the bedroom installed by Closet World. The installation guy was very professional. He pretty much knew what he was doing and got in there and got it done. I'd recommend Closet World.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My experience with Closet World was fine. Everything was timely and they checked in a couple of times to make sure everything was working out. I had used them before at my old house. I wasn't originally gonna use them. We were gonna use our contractor to redo the closets because they had a better quality of work. But my daughter's closet collapsed and we needed to do something more affordable and quick. So, I just called Closet World and we ended up doing two closets and two bedrooms. The designer drew up the specs really quick and explained how the pricing would go. We got a discount for something on the first closet, and then, we got another discount on the second closet because we were adding it to the first order.

However, there was just one installer. I would have preferred two, but he did the job right. The work was a little slower than I would have liked. Had they had two people, it would have been a lot faster. For those who don't have a lot of money and are looking for something quick and affordable, they should go to Closet World. If you wanna do something more in line with what you're trying to do to the flow of the house, then go to some other high-end place. I don't know if Closet World's quality is better now compared to the last time I used them 10-12 years ago, but we'll see over time.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The Closet World designer was professional and their installers did a fine job. I had a track wall system and some building cabinets on another wall installed and it was done quickly and was clean. But the quality of the product and the product itself was not equivalent to the amount of money spent. I could save a ton more money with another company or even doing it myself.

Closet World expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

• Best for: Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs