Call toll free
3.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Organize your entire home with Closet World. Our large selection of finishes, colors, and accessories help you achieve total home organization that is both functional and appealing. We offer unique designs for every room including closets, pantries, garages, home offices and laundry rooms along with a selection of wall beds and flooring to complement your home.

Serving California & Nevada

Fully Insured (GCL/WC) Bonded (CB/PB) Lic CA #631369, #767419, NV #51301

Closet World Video
Closet World Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1863 Closet World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I called Closet World for an estimate on a closet and that was what I started with. But my fiancée had been wanting me to put cabinets in the garage for a long time so while they were here, I got an estimate on the garage cabinets as well. Then I told them to go ahead and do it. Before I talked to anybody of them, I had looked at what I thought would be our best situation and I had laid up plans. When the designer came out, she made a couple of suggestions but they were more about lowering our cost. She also asked more about stuff like colors. But I already had drawings of what I was looking for. She did calculations too and said what I had would give the maximum rod coverage for hanging clothes and get the most in there. So we went with that. They put in new areas to hang clothes and an organizer in the master bedroom closet.

Then for the outside garage, I had also already measured it and laid something out. The suggestion she had was that after a certain length, she changed some of the sizes. There are three 48-inch cabinets and one 30-inch cabinet. So it was just about the sizes of the cabinets to get the max of the wall use and we worked on that. She also suggested putting a few more cabinets over the washer and dryer. But I told her I wanted to wait and see how everything else went before I did the rest of the garage and do the whole wall, which was about $2,800. But I had a 50% coupon and they deducted that.

The designer was nice and very good. She seemed like she was trying to lay out the best situation possible for what I wanted and listened to me. In fact, the designer seemed very professional and knew what she's doing. But I didn't research Closet World. I got the closet and it was under $1,000. I kind of knew in my head what it was gonna cost and she was within price. The product they had was good. But usually, I would have done Yelp.

I did do Yelp but it was after I made the purchase and I was scared to death. There were some awful things in their Yelp reviews and because I read those reviews, I was on guard. I noticed they charged me for the final amount before everything got installed. So I called up and the representative said they made a mistake. She apologized and said that she would reverse it, and she did. She reversed it right away. Some of the bad Yelp reviews I read seemed to be about the salesperson not explaining things correctly and maybe trying to add more stuff than they should have. But in my experience, they did everything they said they were gonna do.

Everybody was professional and they did a good job. The quality of the cabinets is good too. Before the installation in the garage, I had cleaned it out and painted it. Then when the installation team came out, they did all the measuring and cutting and they put everything in. They cleaned up and everything worked fine when they left. Also, after I had the closets put in, I wanted to get a few more shelves so I called up and they were very helpful. I talked to the manager at the San Marcos store and he gave me some special pricing on the shelves and ordered them. Then I went and picked them up. So he was good about that too. I didn't have any problems with that. I put the shelves in myself and it was not a big deal.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

When we made a full re-do of a master bedroom closet. Closet World was my sister's recommendation. So, we had shelves, drawers, and hanging areas installed. The designer came to the house, and she spent about a little over an hour giving her design recommendation. There was sort of an input along the way throughout the process from my fiancé and I, too. Then, we all agreed to the final design and then scheduled the install for a couple of weeks after.

However, the installation experience was not amazing. Someone was supposed to come between 9:00 and 10:00 on the day of installation. What ended up happening was the installer who was assigned to me was no-show that day. The communication was really bad. So, they strung me along throughout the day. They ended up coming around close to 5:00. But, the two sent to expedite it ended up completing it that evening, after 8:00. We are really happy with the job done. Look into Closet World. It seems a pretty easy process and affordable.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

The Closet World salesperson came out right away and was very thorough, and their price was better than the other companies. I had them do a master walk-in closet and I got the hanging stuff and drawers and bench and hampers. The designer that I worked with was nice. However, it was not easy getting a hold of Closet World after I pulled the trigger. I had to go through their main office and deal with the installers, so they didn’t really talk. The installer and the designer didn’t ever meet and didn't go over with what I was told and what they were trying to install. I asked if they had a meeting with the designer and they said no and that they can figure it out from the drawings. They finally finished it after about two months and it was terrible.

During the initial installation, they didn’t have all the materials and they didn't know what they were installing in a couple of occasions. Some of the materials were wrong. The guy just left and he wanted me to sign paperwork. Nothing was done or correct and I said that I wasn't signing the paperwork, and he just shrugged his shoulders and left. I talked to the dispatch manager who was a really nice guy and he came out and met with me. I took another part of the day off from work and went through it with them. He was supposed to meet me for another meeting with his installer, but nobody showed, so it was another day they missed me.

I met with the branch manager who was a really great guy also and he got everything ordered, except a bunch of stuff didn’t show. He said that he was gonna meet the installer out there next time and that he would personally drive back and forth from the shop to keep making different parts until they get my closet done. They did that and they tore out the crown molding, the base, and one of the hamper doors that was drilled wrong. It was a bunch of stuff they had to do, but, in the end, when they finally finished, it was decent. I just wish they would have been able to do that in the very first time they came out. I've had clothes lying all over my house for two months. I wouldn’t recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Closet World was offering a discount and I got them to install a home office. My interaction with the designer was good. However, the installation was rushed and we had problems with the product three times.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I found Closet World in a flyer in my mail, and though looked into another closet company, Closet World's design was good and so was their price. Our designer was Linda and her presentation, being on time and response to questions stood out. Her customer service was good and she worked with us for our needs and the budget that we had.

We decided to put a walk-in closet and it has been working fine. We're still accommodating stuff, but so far so good. The closet uses the space that we had, so we're happy with it. The installer came in and installed the closet the day they told me. He did the installation in 2 hours and 10 minutes. However, we're not very tall people and the belt sliding rack was placed a little too high. My husband said that he can just move it, so I'm waiting for him to finish that. If he doesn’t do it by the end of this week, I'll call Closet World to have someone come back. Other than that, my experience with Closet World was good. They also gave us a good special that they had and offered a promotion. We took advantage of that and that worked out fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Closet World was referred by my neighbor and I like their price. The designer was great, but the installation experience was horrendous. We did four closets and they gave me drawers that were defective. The shelf top was also defective and was not cut right. They left a mess on my driveway. I tried calling to get replacements, but the installation manager kept avoiding my calls. By the time I reached back out to the salesperson, I got a call the next business day from the installation manager. I spoke to the installation manager the day after the first install and he said he would have the parts ordered and it should be in about a week at the most.

After that, I didn’t hear from him for a week and a half. I tried to get a hold of him, but I couldn’t. I called the salesperson and I got a call from the installation manager and found out that nothing was ordered. The manager said that he placed the order and he scheduled me for about a week out again. The second installer came out and brought the updated drawers, but they did not have a top. He gouged my wall in my staircase and when he was installing the shelf, he broke part of the shelf. I still have yet to hear a resolution or to hear from this manager. I am beyond upset at this point and I don’t know what to do.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

On October 10th I had my custom closet installed which had already been measured and designed by a senior designer. The closet is a small closet in a bedroom. After installation I told the installer I did not think the pull out drawers would clear once I installed sliding doors. He said it might be a tight fit. One of the supervisors called me to follow up. I again told him I did not think the drawers would be able to open, he said, "I'm sure it's fine. Just call me once the sliding doors are installed and if it did not open then we could move the unit or make the drawers smaller for a fee!" I asked, "Why would the customer have to pay for the company's mistake?" He quickly said not to worry and we'll talk about it after the doors were installed.

Weeks later the doors were installed by a different company and just as I thought the drawers did not open because the sliding doors were now in the way. I called. Spoke to a different supervisor. Explained the situation again. He said, "Ok I'll send you a quote," I said "wait are you charging me?" He said, "Yes of course." If he has to redo the design I have to pay. I told him it was clearly their mistake and why would a customer have to pay??? He replied "well if you would have had the sliding doors installed first this would have not happened!" Wow so he clearly thought this was my mistake. He also said maybe I should talk to the designer maybe she measured incorrectly. He emailed the quote trying to charge me another $300 aside from the $2,000.00 I had already paid for the installation. I did not feel good about this so I decided to call the next day and speak to district manager.

He said "well I will give you a good price but I have to charge you something someone has to pay for the installers to go back to your house and redo the work." Unbelievable. I was so upset and could not believe the poor unprofessional treatment I was getting from this company, I had been a returning customer but never had I been treated this way. I decided to go to the next level. I spoke to the vice president of the company. I again explained my situation for the 4th time and he asked if I could measure a section of the closet and what did the actual plans have on it they clearly did not match, he immediately apologized and said it was clearly their mistake and someone would call me the same day to fix the problem.

He was the first person to apologize. I thought finally I could not believe why two supervisors and the district manager could not have done the same. Two weeks later the installer came back out and fixed their mistake. The first installer did not follow the measurements the designer had written. This created the problem. Closet World supervisors and manager I hope you learn from this experience and listen to your customers after all we pay you to measure and install, maybe customer satisfaction should be at the top of your priority list instead of just making money. I definitely will not be a returning customer nor will I ever refer anyone to your company again. Very disappointed former customer.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

About 14 years ago, I had Closet World do some work for me and they did a good job then, so I called them again to install my drawers, cabinet doors and organizers. Their designer was very courteous and friendly. The installers were all friendly too. The first installer struggled a little bit, so we requested for a more experienced one. Thereafter, Closet World sent us an experienced installer and he took care of all of the stuff we needed. All in all, we’re 100% satisfied with this company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I had closet shelves installed by Closet World. Their designer came and offered details which my wife had agreed to. It was followed by a phone call with their competent reps where we negotiated the price and did the estimate of the time when the product would arrive and be installed. The installation person was fine and the materials were installed as specified in the drawing plan. There was one hiccup though where he could not have sufficient material to cover up the backing, and I had to make several phone calls in order to get that installed. And even though they had scheduling issues, it was done eventually. Closet World is a very large company who subcontracts with a number of people, who may or may not be competent, but still are able to complete the job.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We installed 12-foot, garage-type cabinets through Closet World. They seemed to be a very reputable company and my representative, Robert, was wonderful. He has worked for the company for a long time. He was very knowledgeable and pleasant. He was able to give me a price and the design on the spot, and it wasn't a lot of mosh and tosh bother. Also, the installation team was very efficient. They came one day and tore some old cabinets out, and then they came the next day and put in all the new cabinets. And then the third day, early in the morning, they came to build the custom cabinets around the hot water heater. I have recommended Closet World to several neighbors.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We were looking at The Container Store and we got a comparable quote for the same type of stuff. Closet World was a hair more expensive, but we went with them because of their better availability and the person that we met with. We did double hanging frames on top of each other for our personal bedroom closet. We installed multiple boxes with hanging rods for the most part, and then one larger box that had shelves. That gave us some more space and then the top level with the shelf, so I could put shoes on top. Closet World's designer was straightforward. She didn't do anything except her job and she didn't try to oversell or undersell anything. The installation team did what they did in one visit. Our closet is organized and neat. We have maximized a medium space as much as we can.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I researched the closet companies that were available in this area, and Closet World was one of three. We looked at ratings and reviews that other customers have given, we also got to deal with them all three, and then we decided on using Closet World based on the design, the price and presentation by the salesperson, Malia. We liked her demeanor and she answered questions as well as follow-up questions.

We had a walk-in closet installed and the design was perfect. However, Closet World messed up on the jewelry tray that my wife had ordered. It didn’t arrive with the rest of the closet on the installation date. I asked them about it and I was told that they ordered it and it will be delivered in about two weeks. But it was at least three months from the original meeting to the installation date, so they had all that time to get that in. I think they forgot to order it and they just ordered it at that point. And then instead of owning it and apologizing, the guy I spoke with tried to make excuses saying that since it’s a custom-design, it takes longer.

Then after the first guy who did the installation was gone, I did a close inspection of the closet. I looked at the shelves and I noticed that the pins were put in haphazardly. Some of them were flat, some of them were sideways and some of them were round. Some on one corner might be on the flat side, the other one would be on the round side so then, it was making it uneven. I would have put them in flat-side-up, so I went through every shelf and re-did it myself. Plus, there was dust inside the drawers like they’ve been sitting in the warehouse and they weren’t wiped down. I asked them about it later on and the lady said that they should be clean and wiped down when I got them. There were also shelves that had some glue residue on them so I cleaned those up myself, too.

Also, I noticed that one of the jewelry shelf's handles was not parallel. I took a closer look at it and one side slipped off the screw. It turned out that one of the screws on the handle was overtightened and stripped out. Having some experience with mechanical stuff, I know that if you stripped a screw out you know it right away it won’t tighten up. So, another guy came out in a day or two after I reported it and had to replace the handle. We were not happy with the installation because of those things but we’ve been happy with the assistance so far. And now, once the dust has settled and everything was corrected, we’re really happy.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I live in a senior place. A lot of other people got their closets from Closet World and all the ones I've seen here are wonderful. Then Closet World had a sale so I decided and everybody was wonderful. The designer was lovely. She was very new. She had only been in her job for six weeks but she represented the company very well. She certainly knew a lot about the product and she helped me very much to get the design right.

The installers were very nice too. It didn’t take them too long to do the job. The only thing is when my daughter came and we put the clothes back in, we found out that the top bar should’ve been higher. Somehow, the measurements got wrong. The designer told my daughter that she thinks she made a mistake. Closet World said they would come back but it’s been a couple of weeks and they haven’t come back. I'm just waiting for them and I hope it won’t be until after Thanksgiving is over. I’ll be happy when it’s all finished. But still, it was a good and pleasant experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My mother-in-law had some work done with Closet World then I had them install a garage cabinet as well. The designer was really nice and the quality of the work done is good.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The first appointment I made was with Closet World and the lady who came in was really good. I had an idea of what I wanted and she knew what we were looking for. It was something very simple, nothing super creative and just basic closet stuff. I had made three appointments but I canceled the other two because she gave us a really good price.

We did closets although one was totally no closet. We just put basic stuff. Then the other one was an old closet with the wood rot so we just updated them. They were just old. And the installation was good. My roommate got a different guy than me and that guy came to look at my installation. He said the other guy had forgotten to fasten something to the wall and he took care of it. He called the corporate office and they told him to go ahead and correct it. He looked after the other one so that was good. That worked out well. When we needed to add some other shelves later, I called our saleslady and she told me to just call the corporate office. Then I went to pick them up so that was easy. Everything was taken care of and we were very happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I saw Closet World on Google and they had the best deal. I liked the price and quality. The designer was fantastic and he was a joy. He was also professional and very accommodating. I had cabinets installed in my garage and they were fine but I was expecting a little bit better quality for the amount that I paid. During the installation, some of them marred which is why they offer a lifetime warranty. They told me to give them a call and they would fix it for free any time. It was such that you could move in what you need to because they get dinged-up more once you put everything away in them. Once you’re done doing that, you call back and have somebody come out to fix it or clean it up.

We had a Murphy bed installed in the center of the garage cabinet and it wasn't quite framed symmetrically on either side. I noticed that before the installers were about to leave and I told them that it was gonna bother me. I could see a big space. Also, there were some discolorations on the cabinets that were not looking so great for being new. They came right out the very next day and switched out that cabinet, and fixed the leveling of the Murphy bed. They were super responsive, respectful and got it done. Closet World is great and more people should use them. It's worth the investment.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We had Closet World put in new closet systems in all of our bedroom closets. They were offering free installation. They were very easy to work with and there wasn't anything that was difficult for them to figure out. We had odd sizes in our closets, and they were able to figure out exactly the best use of the space. They have been doing this for a long time and you want them to give you their best insight to what would fit in a bunch of different spaces.

The designer we dealt with was really nice and we had a good rapport. She answered all of my questions and addressed everything in a nice way. The installation team that came was very professional as well. We had some issues though, like the drawers that are really large and heavy and the standard size slides aren't gonna be enough to carry the weight, so they need to replace those with more heavy duty hardware. They're doing that next week. They are handling that without any disruption to me, so that has been great.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Please do your research before hiring this company to do anything closet installation. 1st installation was canceled the same day of install. 2nd rescheduled installation day installer demo my existing closets and damaged framing and drywall and could not finish installing closets because wrong measurements. 3rd reschedule day for them to redo the measurements. 4th reschedule day the installer started installing and they were missing parts so and he installed the backing incorrectly. 5th reschedule to finish the project and I am not sure if they will have right parts to install it. Please do your research, read all reviews before hiring this company. They will not repair any damage they will cause. Horrible service on the phone and even when speaking with general manager Roman. Please again, do your research.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Closet World has been one of the worst experiences I've had with any company, ever. It has been months and we can't get a hold of anyone. They installed wrong things in our closets and refuse to come to fix it. They ordered the wrong drawers for all our closets as well. We've now called twice a day for two weeks straight and they say we need to talk to Adrian because he's the only supervisor, then they transfer us and every time someone says he's out of his desk and will call us back but never does. We're not talking about a small purchase here but rather over $10K in the closet that is wrong, including wrong dimensions that were installed. Horrible company, please stay away! Also, be careful because all these closet companies are all owned by the same entity we found out.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I just bought a new house and I wanted to do the shelf and the closets before we moved in because it'd be easier to do the job. When I called other places, they were a little packed with the job and I'd have to wait for weeks. I ended up calling Closet World and the designer was very quick and on-time. She was also very knowledgeable. She gave me a discount but then I found out that their price range was very high because I had to call another company for other things that I needed to be done, and when I asked them to estimate what Closet World did, it was high.

However, the reason why I was very disappointed was that the service that was provided after I finished with the designer and placed the order was not good. First of all, I scheduled an appointment and took a day off. My first appointment was at 11:00, and they called me at 10:45 saying that the person wouldn’t be there before 1:00 and that I shouldn’t wait. That was okay and I was already happy that somebody called and notified me and I could do other things.

After that, nobody called me and I was waiting and waiting and waiting. 4:00 came and I called Closet World asking where the worker was because I was invited somewhere else and I had to go somewhere else and in between, I had another appointment that I was stuck with. Closet World told me the worker was driving, and he came closer to 6:00. But there was no light in the rooms as it is new construction. There was only in the living room but not in the rooms. I asked the worker if he would able to finish the work, and he told me no. He said it'd better to reschedule and that he could come back the next day, Saturday.

This guy never showed up but then he texted me saying that he had a family emergency, which was understandable, but it was then my second day. I called the designer and she told me that she emailed Closet World and all of the supervisors asking if somebody could come and accommodate the schedule. One of the supervisors called me and said they couldn't send me a person on Saturday, but somebody could come on Monday even though it was a long weekend. But nobody called. Also, she told me one of the supervisors was gonna call and they were gonna accommodate my schedule. One of the supervisors called me and when I told him this, he told me that the work had to be done in the morning. I scheduled another appointment in the morning and nobody came again. And then, we rescheduled again and they came late.

They put the rod in one shelf and the worker needed to take it out, and the way he was working, he was just tearing the walls apart. He was not even taking it out gently. He ruined one of the walls. Then he left again just because I couldn’t be there for the appointment since they screwed up twice. When I came home, I couldn’t adjust any of the rails because the shelves were very tight. We took out the rod but we couldn’t put it on another place because it was very tight. Then, I had to call and reschedule again. It took weeks and weeks and weeks and I already moved in. I couldn’t put on anything and it was very frustrating. Then they had to come back and redo the shelves. They had to recut some of the shelves as well as the rod. And in one of the shelves in one of the rooms, the basic shelf was broken. He had to come back again to fix the shelves but he didn’t replace it.

For now, the work has been completed but the basic shelf is damaged and it wasn’t replaced. I didn’t call after that anymore because I don’t wanna deal with that anymore. It was a very frustrating experience. When I ordered these three shelves, I wanted to proceed with ordering either shelves or do the cabinet in the laundry room, but I couldn’t order at the same time because it was a very high price. But now, I will not consider calling Closet World at all. There were different managers and I felt like they didn’t do their work. None of them cared or even apologized.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Closet World had a deal going on that was comparable to others. So, I decided to hire them. Their designer was great and she worked to meet my needs. Then, the installation was fast and easy. Closet World's reps communicated and made sure we were all on the same page. But I wasn’t aware that I had to haul out my closet. It was not something that was advertised, so I'd know that I'd have to pay extra to haul out whatever my demolition was. Other than that, I had no problem with Closet World and the product I got from them is doing good, so far.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I had cubbies for shoes, extra rods to hang clothes, and two drawers installed by Closet World. Their designer was helpful. He went over two designs I should choose, and he helped me to what my needs were for my closet. The guy who installed it was a really nice guy. He did everything he had to do, but he left his trash outside my driveway. He didn't pick up his stuff.

Also, they came out twice and the time they give are the times I gotta have. They said, "We're coming out tomorrow." I work. I can't just take time off work like that. They have to give me a week's notice. I was able to come in, but they had to redesign, so they came back the following week. And I told them that if they could come back around the same time, and they said that would be no problem. They came in Thursday. I got a phone call Wednesday asking me what time they were gonna come in, and I told them after 1 pm because I had to work. I got a phone call on Thursday when they came to install and it was at 12:15 pm, and they texted me they were gonna be here at 1 o'clock, and I was still at work. So I had to leave work rush just to get to my house. And I didn't like that. Luckily, my boss is not that strict, so I was able to take off.

Original review: July 31, 2018

A neighbor told me about Closet World. The experience I had with their salesperson was pretty good, so I chose them for the installation of wardrobes, closets or cabinets in the garage. My interactions with the designer were good too. The installation was fine, but there was an issue with one of the doors being damaged. But the installers came back quickly in a follow-up call the same week to fix that. In general, the people there have been nice and easy to deal with. Also, the price was relatively reasonable. Hence, I would recommend Closet World.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We’ve used Closet World's service twice before. They did our closet a couple of years ago. When we moved in, we had to do a walk-in closet and we were very happy with it. It's a good-sized walk-in closet and you put drawers on three sides. The quality is good. It’s 10 years old and it has held up to this day. It still looks brand-new. Now, it came time for the pantry and my handyman says, “I can put up some shelves.” Then, I said, “No. I want it professionally done.” We spent 80,000 in the kitchen alone and I wanted the pantry to be as updated.

The designer was very nice and I got what I wanted. But there’s a big gap and I said, “We didn’t plan right. The planner didn’t plan right.” It was no big deal. It was nobody’s fault. But there's a big gap and you can put another shelf in there that will hold pasta jars and stuff like that, and why not because it’s off the kitchen. And the guy said, “Okay. I’ll order it and I’ll come back and put it in.” Then the guy disappeared and somebody else called me and said that they’d look into it. But that was a week ago and nothing has happened. I’m waiting for two shelves for a month now. I’m not happy with the service there. I don’t know what’s going to happen next. I was happy with the closet, but the service and their promises don’t mean anything. I wouldn’t recommend Closet World because they can’t follow through.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Closet World had a sale and their pricing is okay. The designer I dealt with was nice and he did his job. Now, I got closets installed.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I get Closet World's advertisements and discounts in the mail once a week and, at the time, they were offering 50% discount for installation, so we chose them for our closet project. We just had the interior done, so we had them do a simple design with above shelves and a hanging pole in the middle. The designer was very knowledgeable. She described everything in detail and what to expect. Our interactions with her were great and I liked her. The couple of guys that came to do the installation were great too. They explained to me what they were gonna do and showed me what they had brought. After they were done, they told me to take a look at what they had done and see what I thought about it. All in all, our experience with Closet World was easy. From the first call to the very end, everybody I interacted with was professional and polite. The people there have great personality and they knew what they were doing.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I went to Home Depot and they were very expensive. Then I tried Closet World and their rep was very nice and accommodating. She answered the questions really good. I got the basic, white and least expensive product and it was for the master bedroom. But I just have a little concern. They took out all the old closet, and when they installed the closet from the Closet World, the holes are still showing up. I was expecting that once they installed my closet, there was going to be a back wood, so the ceiling that I have won’t be as visible. I was a little bit disappointed with that. Closet World told me it was just like that and that it didn't come with the back wood or something that covers the hole. The designer didn’t mention that as well.

But it was okay with the installer and the installation took one day. However, the installer, Nick brought in the wrong key for the cabinet that he installed. It wasn't his fault though. Before he left, he said that somebody would be coming back and be bringing the right key for the cabinet. But it has been a month now that it hasn’t been done. So, I have my cabinet but I cannot lock it ‘cause I don’t have the right key. So, I called them the day before yesterday and I told them about that. Finally, they said that they were going to send some people to bring me the key.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I called Closet World and had them come out and tell me something and their rep, Bunny, was extremely nice. And so, we went ahead and ordered from them. It took me a while to be sure if this is it that I wanted. And all in all, the experience was good. It's a little bit too much money for what we've got, but we've been redoing a room and everything is higher.

Bunny was very efficient and she listened and then when I decided to order, I called up and ordered. We had the two closet inserts installed with double hang. The installers did very well. Closet World was satisfactory. We have a rental that we might be doing some work in the closet and I would have them come out and give us some idea. And it would be another bare-bone thing. So, I would use them again. They were efficient and they followed up and told us about what time that they’d be in and they were efficient. We weren’t left on hold forever. My decorator knew about them and she says they were good. I especially liked Bunny. She did not pressure me, but she was very efficient when I called her and said, “Can we come down and look at the stuff and do you wanna come back and close the deal?” She was right on time, which is unusual these days.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Closet World was offering a really good discount and I liked the salesperson who I thought was very capable. The designer was great and very efficient and she took care of everything. I had a master closet installed and a storage room. I ordered a jewelry drawer which was supposed to be totally covered in red velvet. But it came with black velvet around the edges and plastic dividers. The plastic dividers were really cheap and crummy and one of the dividers doesn’t even go across the total drawer because they claimed they don’t have one that long. I told them that that was unacceptable.

They did the master closet first and came back to start the store room and they were going bring a new drawer and they didn’t bring it. There was a second drawer that was supposed to have two dividers made out of wood and they brought that one with dividers into nine sections instead of three and again, the crummy plastic dividers. They still haven't brought back the drawers. Also, they were supposed to make an extra shelf for the master closet which I still don’t have. And when they came to do the storage room, one of the parts that they brought was wrong, so they had to remake that.

I've spoken to a man named Harry who is I think involved in the installation and he was supposed to coordinate things. They don’t know what they're doing. Apparently, the salesperson is one thing and then the order department is another thing. Then, they order it from some manufacturer which is a totally different enterprise. It's like the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing and they're doing a really poor job.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Closet World did our closet when we first moved out here and it was the second time I used them. We had drawers and we did the whole closet. It’s a walk-in closet with drawers and shelving. It was very good with the designer and she was the ultimate professional. She knew her stuff and made it very easy for us. Also, the installers got it right the first time and I was very impressed when I saw everything. Closet World did a great job and I would refer them to a friend.

Closet World expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

• Best for: Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs