Call toll free
3.96/5
Based on 997 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Organize your entire home with Closet World. Our large selection of finishes, colors, and accessories help you achieve total home organization that is both functional and appealing. We offer unique designs for every room including closets, pantries, garages, home offices and laundry rooms along with a selection of wall beds and flooring to complement your home.

Serving California & Nevada

View More View More

1842 Closet World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I just bought a new house and I wanted to do the shelf and the closets before we moved in because it'd be easier to do the job. When I called other places, they were a little packed with the job and I'd have to wait for weeks. I ended up calling Closet World and the designer was very quick and on-time. She was also very knowledgeable. She gave me a discount but then I found out that their price range was very high because I had to call another company for other things that I needed to be done, and when I asked them to estimate what Closet World did, it was high.

However, the reason why I was very disappointed was that the service that was provided after I finished with the designer and placed the order was not good. First of all, I scheduled an appointment and took a day off. My first appointment was at 11:00, and they called me at 10:45 saying that the person wouldn’t be there before 1:00 and that I shouldn’t wait. That was okay and I was already happy that somebody called and notified me and I could do other things.

After that, nobody called me and I was waiting and waiting and waiting. 4:00 came and I called Closet World asking where the worker was because I was invited somewhere else and I had to go somewhere else and in between, I had another appointment that I was stuck with. Closet World told me the worker was driving, and he came closer to 6:00. But there was no light in the rooms as it is new construction. There was only in the living room but not in the rooms. I asked the worker if he would able to finish the work, and he told me no. He said it'd better to reschedule and that he could come back the next day, Saturday.

This guy never showed up but then he texted me saying that he had a family emergency, which was understandable, but it was then my second day. I called the designer and she told me that she emailed Closet World and all of the supervisors asking if somebody could come and accommodate the schedule. One of the supervisors called me and said they couldn't send me a person on Saturday, but somebody could come on Monday even though it was a long weekend. But nobody called. Also, she told me one of the supervisors was gonna call and they were gonna accommodate my schedule. One of the supervisors called me and when I told him this, he told me that the work had to be done in the morning. I scheduled another appointment in the morning and nobody came again. And then, we rescheduled again and they came late.

They put the rod in one shelf and the worker needed to take it out, and the way he was working, he was just tearing the walls apart. He was not even taking it out gently. He ruined one of the walls. Then he left again just because I couldn’t be there for the appointment since they screwed up twice. When I came home, I couldn’t adjust any of the rails because the shelves were very tight. We took out the rod but we couldn’t put it on another place because it was very tight. Then, I had to call and reschedule again. It took weeks and weeks and weeks and I already moved in. I couldn’t put on anything and it was very frustrating. Then they had to come back and redo the shelves. They had to recut some of the shelves as well as the rod. And in one of the shelves in one of the rooms, the basic shelf was broken. He had to come back again to fix the shelves but he didn’t replace it.

For now, the work has been completed but the basic shelf is damaged and it wasn’t replaced. I didn’t call after that anymore because I don’t wanna deal with that anymore. It was a very frustrating experience. When I ordered these three shelves, I wanted to proceed with ordering either shelves or do the cabinet in the laundry room, but I couldn’t order at the same time because it was a very high price. But now, I will not consider calling Closet World at all. There were different managers and I felt like they didn’t do their work. None of them cared or even apologized.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Closet World had a deal going on that was comparable to others. So, I decided to hire them. Their designer was great and she worked to meet my needs. Then, the installation was fast and easy. Closet World's reps communicated and made sure we were all on the same page. But I wasn’t aware that I had to haul out my closet. It was not something that was advertised, so I'd know that I'd have to pay extra to haul out whatever my demolition was. Other than that, I had no problem with Closet World and the product I got from them is doing good, so far.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I had cubbies for shoes, extra rods to hang clothes, and two drawers installed by Closet World. Their designer was helpful. He went over two designs I should choose, and he helped me to what my needs were for my closet. The guy who installed it was a really nice guy. He did everything he had to do, but he left his trash outside my driveway. He didn't pick up his stuff.

Also, they came out twice and the time they give are the times I gotta have. They said, "We're coming out tomorrow." I work. I can't just take time off work like that. They have to give me a week's notice. I was able to come in, but they had to redesign, so they came back the following week. And I told them that if they could come back around the same time, and they said that would be no problem. They came in Thursday. I got a phone call Wednesday asking me what time they were gonna come in, and I told them after 1 pm because I had to work. I got a phone call on Thursday when they came to install and it was at 12:15 pm, and they texted me they were gonna be here at 1 o'clock, and I was still at work. So I had to leave work rush just to get to my house. And I didn't like that. Luckily, my boss is not that strict, so I was able to take off.

Original review: July 31, 2018

A neighbor told me about Closet World. The experience I had with their salesperson was pretty good, so I chose them for the installation of wardrobes, closets or cabinets in the garage. My interactions with the designer were good too. The installation was fine, but there was an issue with one of the doors being damaged. But the installers came back quickly in a follow-up call the same week to fix that. In general, the people there have been nice and easy to deal with. Also, the price was relatively reasonable. Hence, I would recommend Closet World.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We’ve used Closet World's service twice before. They did our closet a couple of years ago. When we moved in, we had to do a walk-in closet and we were very happy with it. It's a good-sized walk-in closet and you put drawers on three sides. The quality is good. It’s 10 years old and it has held up to this day. It still looks brand-new. Now, it came time for the pantry and my handyman says, “I can put up some shelves.” Then, I said, “No. I want it professionally done.” We spent 80,000 in the kitchen alone and I wanted the pantry to be as updated.

The designer was very nice and I got what I wanted. But there’s a big gap and I said, “We didn’t plan right. The planner didn’t plan right.” It was no big deal. It was nobody’s fault. But there's a big gap and you can put another shelf in there that will hold pasta jars and stuff like that, and why not because it’s off the kitchen. And the guy said, “Okay. I’ll order it and I’ll come back and put it in.” Then the guy disappeared and somebody else called me and said that they’d look into it. But that was a week ago and nothing has happened. I’m waiting for two shelves for a month now. I’m not happy with the service there. I don’t know what’s going to happen next. I was happy with the closet, but the service and their promises don’t mean anything. I wouldn’t recommend Closet World because they can’t follow through.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: July 30, 2018

Closet World had a sale and their pricing is okay. The designer I dealt with was nice and he did his job. Now, I got closets installed.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I get Closet World's advertisements and discounts in the mail once a week and, at the time, they were offering 50% discount for installation, so we chose them for our closet project. We just had the interior done, so we had them do a simple design with above shelves and a hanging pole in the middle. The designer was very knowledgeable. She described everything in detail and what to expect. Our interactions with her were great and I liked her. The couple of guys that came to do the installation were great too. They explained to me what they were gonna do and showed me what they had brought. After they were done, they told me to take a look at what they had done and see what I thought about it. All in all, our experience with Closet World was easy. From the first call to the very end, everybody I interacted with was professional and polite. The people there have great personality and they knew what they were doing.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I went to Home Depot and they were very expensive. Then I tried Closet World and their rep was very nice and accommodating. She answered the questions really good. I got the basic, white and least expensive product and it was for the master bedroom. But I just have a little concern. They took out all the old closet, and when they installed the closet from the Closet World, the holes are still showing up. I was expecting that once they installed my closet, there was going to be a back wood, so the ceiling that I have won’t be as visible. I was a little bit disappointed with that. Closet World told me it was just like that and that it didn't come with the back wood or something that covers the hole. The designer didn’t mention that as well.

But it was okay with the installer and the installation took one day. However, the installer, Nick brought in the wrong key for the cabinet that he installed. It wasn't his fault though. Before he left, he said that somebody would be coming back and be bringing the right key for the cabinet. But it has been a month now that it hasn’t been done. So, I have my cabinet but I cannot lock it ‘cause I don’t have the right key. So, I called them the day before yesterday and I told them about that. Finally, they said that they were going to send some people to bring me the key.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I called Closet World and had them come out and tell me something and their rep, Bunny, was extremely nice. And so, we went ahead and ordered from them. It took me a while to be sure if this is it that I wanted. And all in all, the experience was good. It's a little bit too much money for what we've got, but we've been redoing a room and everything is higher.

Bunny was very efficient and she listened and then when I decided to order, I called up and ordered. We had the two closet inserts installed with double hang. The installers did very well. Closet World was satisfactory. We have a rental that we might be doing some work in the closet and I would have them come out and give us some idea. And it would be another bare-bone thing. So, I would use them again. They were efficient and they followed up and told us about what time that they’d be in and they were efficient. We weren’t left on hold forever. My decorator knew about them and she says they were good. I especially liked Bunny. She did not pressure me, but she was very efficient when I called her and said, “Can we come down and look at the stuff and do you wanna come back and close the deal?” She was right on time, which is unusual these days.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Closet World was offering a really good discount and I liked the salesperson who I thought was very capable. The designer was great and very efficient and she took care of everything. I had a master closet installed and a storage room. I ordered a jewelry drawer which was supposed to be totally covered in red velvet. But it came with black velvet around the edges and plastic dividers. The plastic dividers were really cheap and crummy and one of the dividers doesn’t even go across the total drawer because they claimed they don’t have one that long. I told them that that was unacceptable.

They did the master closet first and came back to start the store room and they were going bring a new drawer and they didn’t bring it. There was a second drawer that was supposed to have two dividers made out of wood and they brought that one with dividers into nine sections instead of three and again, the crummy plastic dividers. They still haven't brought back the drawers. Also, they were supposed to make an extra shelf for the master closet which I still don’t have. And when they came to do the storage room, one of the parts that they brought was wrong, so they had to remake that.

I've spoken to a man named Harry who is I think involved in the installation and he was supposed to coordinate things. They don’t know what they're doing. Apparently, the salesperson is one thing and then the order department is another thing. Then, they order it from some manufacturer which is a totally different enterprise. It's like the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing and they're doing a really poor job.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Closet World did our closet when we first moved out here and it was the second time I used them. We had drawers and we did the whole closet. It’s a walk-in closet with drawers and shelving. It was very good with the designer and she was the ultimate professional. She knew her stuff and made it very easy for us. Also, the installers got it right the first time and I was very impressed when I saw everything. Closet World did a great job and I would refer them to a friend.

Original review: July 27, 2018

We installed one walk-in closet and the other one is just a regular closet. The designer from Closet World was experienced. She knew about the dimensions and the practical configuration of the closet. The installation team also knew what they were doing. They were pretty efficient. But the product is so-so and I wouldn't use them again because of that. Based on the price, I expected something better.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I had a reach-in closet installed by Closet World and it was a good experience with the designer. She knew what she was talking about and she gave me all the details I needed. She left it up to me to decide and I did. Then, the installation went very smooth. The installers were in and out in a short period of time and they just went straight to their work and got it done. That was great.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Closet World was the best deal among other closet companies and I got another estimate before I went with them. The designer was very easy to work with and I knew what I wanted but the creativity was good. The installation crew came on time, cleaned up, and removed everything that needed to be removed. They were very professional and the installation for the closets in the bedroom, kitchen and garage was completed the first time. I was very pleased.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We had a renovation in our house. We totally got out of the inside and so the old closet was not in place. We then had Closet World install a new closet. Our experience with them was very good. My wife originally was not happy with the price. But, we are happy with their quality. The design helped in using the limited space, which really made my wife feel better that it was really paid for. The rep was a very solid handyman. He knew that we have a very a crampy space, and he manipulated the boarding side. I was very impressed by his art craft and determination. This is company has been in business for 30 years already. We trust a company in business long and with a valid reputation. They will be on my top recommendation list.

Original review: July 25, 2018

There were too many choices in closet companies to choose from but I went with Closet World for the general availability. I had a full closet custom built for a single room in my house along with additional sliding doors. The designer was great and customer service was awesome but the installation was horrible. They installed it wrong and damaged my room. I’m still in the process of getting them to fix it. Also, it was poor quality with the products. For what I paid, it's not worth it and I would not do it again.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We received an offer from Closet World for an off on the installation. Then we had a wall unit installed in the living room. It was like an entertainment center but with drawers, cabinets and a shelving. My wife and I had some nice little dialogues with the designer as far as some of the things we wanted. It was my wife who was very interested in having the wall-to-wall unit in our living room. We were shown pictures that has inspired us through Pinterest and the designer was really great about capturing everything that we wanted and designing it. The two installation guys were really efficient. It was a big project that they were working on and there were little calls we had, and they were open to the feedback that I was giving them throughout the process. So I appreciated that. It was a long day for them but they were proactive and they adjusted and fixed as I asked them.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I heard about Closet World from a flyer that I got in my new house mailbox, and when I saw it, I went, "I gotta do something with my closet." I went and looked at Home Depot, and to do what I thought about doing to design my closet was gonna cost 1,200 bucks. I didn't know what I was doing and I wasn't sure it was a good design. I called Closet World 'cause it was 50% off, so they came and they designed it way better than I would have designed it. I loved the designer! Her name is Lily and she was so personable. She didn't try to upsell me every little thing. She gave me all the choices, but it wasn't like she pushed that I had to go super expensive. She told me the pros and cons and it was great.

I had four pretty deep drawers and four shelves on one end, and then four different sections of hanging and five shelves at the other end. The installation was really good. The tech was very nice, professional, clean and efficient. He got it done in a short period of time. The product is great and I love it. I show it off to people and recommend Closet World all the time.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Closet World was the first company I called and I did a little bit of other research online and I determined that they're as good as anyone else. I had storage cabinets in my garage put in. Everything went smooth with my Closet World designer. And the installation was simple. The installers came, they worked for a few hours and they were done. And there were no issues.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had Closet World and another company come and do an assessment. I like the way the representative of Closet World carried the whole visit. He was very professional and very detailed oriented. He spent a lot of time talking to us and did everything at the time of the visit. He didn’t wait a few days to give us the results or the blueprint. And it was very extensive and very well presented. So that geared me more towards Closet World than the other companies. I had closets done in three bedrooms -- the master bedroom and two regular bedrooms. The installer was also very professional. We thought it was gonna take him a couple of hours but it took him long. But he did a good job.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I called Closet World then they said they will match whatever price from the competitor. Then I had three closets done through them and it went well. Their reps were very professional. There was one individual who came for the installation and he finished it in one day. Give them a try.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I saw some ads of Closet World on TV and I had them come out. They sounded good so I didn’t call anybody else. I turned my his and her closet into my master closet and I had it all done up with shelves and then I called them back and did drawers. And then I turned my his closet into a shoe closet. It was so beautiful. Kelly, the designer, was too awesome. She came out, very professional, gave me some ideas, showed me all the products and told me about the quality of the wood. During installation, the first guy who came and did the closet was excellent. There were two guys and they minimized the dust and dirt. They cut everything and what little bit they had to do outdoors. So, they were really careful about my house, cleaned up all their mess and it’s gorgeous.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My mom went to Closet World and she was really happy with them so I also used them for my bedroom and my hallway closet. And this time I had them do my garage cabinets. I explained to the designer what I was looking to do and she was like, "I have ideas." And she wrote some ideas down. I'm like, "You know what? That's really close to what I'm thinking. Can we just make some changes?" And she said, "Sure." Everything worked out fine. And then the installation team got it done really quick. They made a mess, cleaned up the mess and was out. It was nice. Most likely I'll be using them again to do my next little project.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I liked the pricing of Closet World. We decided to work with them and their designer was excellent. It seemed like she knew exactly what she was doing and she had a lot of experience. She also had very good suggestions as far as what would fit the most into the space. Also, the craftsmanship was great. Their guy did a really good job installing the entire closet.

The product is not custom-made. It’s just a generic panel with a bunch of holes and then you install the shelf over whatever hole you wanna use. So now, when it's installed, there's a lot of holes in your closet. I was expecting wood or puzzle wood. Instead, what I got are whatever leftovers glued into one panel. Though I wasn't going for high end, I was looking for a clean look. Nevertheless, Closet World is a very good service company and I've recommended them to my friends. I just told them to make sure that they see the material that is going to go into their closet.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Our Closet World designer, Stephanie, was great and she gave me ideas. Also, she was very flexible with my schedule working and she spent a lot of time going over the designs. I really appreciate that she took that much time to make sure that I got what I wanted and needed. I had room closets installed and the installer came when he said he was going to. He did the work on time, made sure the place is clean, and hauled away everything afterwards. It was perfect. It's very easy and great to work with Closet World.

Original review: July 21, 2018

The salesperson of Closet World that I spoke with seems to know the product, was reasonable and pleasant to work with. But I feel like he had oversold their product a little bit leading me to believe that it was just gonna be this fantastic closet. It wasn't but I was happy to deal with him. The installers were polite and attempted to do things to our expectations, but they just couldn’t seem to get it right. The installation was done very poorly. They have to come back several times to try to fix what they didn’t do right and the fixers didn’t really fix things very well. They caused a little bit of damage to the walls and I don’t feel like the material is a higher product as I was led to believe it would be. If anything, it's the same or less than the closet we used to have.

But the person that I called to have the installers come back and try to fix things was fairly responsive and said it's all under warranty and he would definitely have them come out, so they attempted to honor their warranty just fine. But the drawers still don’t open quite properly. You need to be there during installation, watch them every step of the way and demand that if they don’t do it right at that moment they have to try to fix it.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I had Closet World install a master walk-in closet. The designer was great, and I’m happy with the closet. I’d recommend Closet World.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Closet World was horrible. Their designer came out and took three hours to design a 12 x 3.5 closet. We already had plans from another company which I showed to her and said, “Let’s just do it like this.” The installer came out and said that they couldn't do what the designer had designed because I needed a support in that area but there was a window. I said if they wouldn't do it that day, we were not gonna continue forward. So, they installed the closet but they were missing five shelves. They said they would deliver those some time. I then looked on the top of the closet and there were two joints that showed bare particle board. I showed it to the guy and he said that they could put some finish tape on it so that it would look better. So, the work order said five shelves, finish tape, and some nicks and rubs, and touch-up.

Things took weeks and a couple of calls. Nothing seemed to be done. I spoke with Anthony who's been the worst of the worst. And I said that I didn't need an installer to put in shelves. Just drop them off at my office and I would take them home. I even had to call his boss. After multiple calls, they delivered three shelves to my house which was inadequate and came with no shelf support.

So, I called and I ended up talking to Roman. I said, “Yeah, this is really frustrating. I don’t wanna give you guys a bad social media review. But it doesn’t look good on top.” He said they don't supply finish tape when the other guy said that they were gonna supply it. Roman said that they usually put a board on top to make it look nice, like a long shelf. I said, “Great. They’ll look even better.” He said they'd send it out, get the shelves and have an installer come out. I asked how hard it was to install the top because I'd rather not deal with their guys and I was pretty sure I could do it.

So, they dropped off a bag of 200 shelf pins and I appreciated that they gave me more than enough for the five shelves that I eventually got. They also dropped off the top piece but it was three quarters of an inch too short. I spoke to Anthony about it and they were supposed to deliver one that's three quarters of an inch longer than the one they gave me before after 2 o’clock yesterday but didn't get it. So today, I called Roman and said that they're pitiful.

My son and his wife just bought a house and asked me for a referral to a closet company. I said that Closet World's finish was terrible. Although we saved $1,000 going with them, everything was so aggravating. They seemed totally incompetent to me. I gave them another two weeks and they still couldn’t resolve my issue.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Closet World is cheaper than the others, and I had them install their products in my bedroom. The designer I worked with was good and knowledgeable, and the installer was fine.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Previously, I've hired many Craigslist contractors and I've got nothing but wrong. I decided to work with Closet World and had a whole garage cabinet system installed in my entire unit by them. Their designer was really nice and she drew something up for me. The installers came on time and were really nice as well. In that drawing by the designer, however, there was a mistake. It showed that I had ordered a desk for her wife for what was going to be her eBay room. It showed in the drawing that there was a tricky clearance between the desk and the cabinet on top of her. That clearance was only about 16 inches. So, when someone opens the cabinet, it would hit them right in the face. So, Closet World came by and corrected that.

Still, the whole work is still not completed. It seems that Closet World ordered the wrong doors. The doors would overlap with each other and wouldn't close properly for the desk area that I ordered. Their installers are coming down again to correct that. Overall, their customer service has been really good. Closet World should just have someone come down and inspect the installation as well as make sure that the orders are placed correctly. Nevertheless, I would recommend them.

Closet World expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

• Best for: Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Closet World Company Information

1-800-574-9171
www.closetworld.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business