toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I wanted to put shelvings in our garage. I went online and went to local stores and checked other companies. I checked Home Depot and Lowe's. But I didn't like the material they have, it was already falling apart inside the store. Also, It's ready made. It's not like they have to design it here. I went to the Closet World's store where they have a showroom. I checked and I decided to go with them. Their material looks like it's made to last forever. And with them, it was designed and fit for our house. So I decided to have the shelving in chrome, silver and black color.

Their designer was fantastic, very flexible and honest. She designed the shelves to fit our house, listed all my comments and my recommendations, and she even came back twice to address our concerns even after the first design. The guys who installed the shelves were very approachable, very confident and they put it up within a day. Everything went well. And then after it's all done, we were so happy, we didn't want to put anything inside it because it looks so fancy. We even invited the designer to come back and see what she had done to support us. It was an excellent and worthy experience with Closet World. And turning the garage like a living room was a fantastic job that I've ever done.

The contractor of the house recommended that I get Closet World. And I had them make a room into a closet. The designer was very fast and effective. She did a great job measuring and designing everything that had to be done but there was an issue with the delivery date. I told the designer that I couldn't do it on a certain day and she forgot to tell someone. The installation team ended up going to the house and no one was there so I had to reschedule but it was just a minor detail that happened. The installation team went in but I had to leave my house and they stayed there and were very professional. Everything was perfect but there was just an issue where the two shelves on the pantry weren't placed correctly and things I put there fell. I followed up and the guy said he was going to call me back to set up a date when they can go back and fix the two shelves but he hasn’t called yet.

We had the all white and silver thing that we hang our clothes on, installed by Closet World. It was added to the master closet. We decided to go with Closet World because it was a push to get it done and also, a friend recommended them. The lady who came in was awesome. I told her what I wanted for the closet. She put it together and I love what she did and we went for it.

There’s one thing that I’m absolutely not happy about, though. We had just painted the walls, put crown molding and we’re going to do base for it. When we got home, there was nothing in the closet, but when my husband went in the closet, he noticed on his side of the closet that there was a huge stain on the brand new paint that goes from where the shelves are. I would say two down, all the way down to the bottom. We tried to clean it but it will not clean off so unfortunately, we’re going to have to take it off and clean it. It’s very noticeable when you walk in and look to the right and it wasn't there before. That’s the only thing I would complain about. Other than that, everything else works great. The finished product is amazing and we’re so happy with it.

We worked with Closet World three years back. We recently had a closet and a cabinet installed in our garage by them, too. Their designer was very professional, helpful and friendly. He understood our problem and what we were going through. And so, he was able to explain what we were looking for and found the best way to handle our situation. The installation crew who came did the job cleanly, too. So far, everything was installed properly and everything has been as good as what we were expecting. It was a good experience with Closet World and I already recommended two of my friends to the designer and expertise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked at my neighbor's cabinet that Closet World put in and I thought it was pretty good so I also had them install a basic white closet in my garage. Overall, the service was pretty good and their designer was very professional. But the first time the cabinet was installed, they accidentally punched a hole in a water pipe. Then they fixed that and said they're going to reimburse me for the accident. They also said they'll make me a new cabinet to replace the damaged one so they need to come back to reinstall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went with Closet World partly because of the cost and I liked their product. They have a very nice designer and the installation went good. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the Closet World designer a lot. She was really nice and she was the reason why I chose to go through with the bid. The installation, on the other hand, was a painful experience. I had them install the product in the garage. They were supposed to come within a window of time, and they were late, and I didn’t get a call. I had to preemptively call them to figure out what was going on. I had to reschedule them because it wasn't going to work. I wasn't really pleased with the installation. They also had to come back because there was some damage to some of the wood and they didn't have all the parts for the first part of the install. But it was ultimately resolved.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Due to Closet World's pricing, coupon and 50% off deal, I decided to go with them. The designer did a great job and she spent a lot of time at our house. She got to know us so that she could better figure out what would suit our needs. The products we got from them included drawers and shelving for the master closet, and the installation was good. The master bedroom was on the third floor and the installer had to carry all of the stuff up all by himself. So it took longer because he was all alone doing the whole thing. I felt bad for him as that was a lot for one person to do. He said it should've been a two-person job but he did it all and never skipped a beat. Overall, I enjoyed working with the designer and the installer. I got exactly what I ordered and paid for and the product seemed very durable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I received a welcome package in my new house and I had listed Closet World before, but we didn’t have a big space that I needed. Now with the new home, I had a big closet, so I figured I’d take advantage of that. I had seen their ad for a long time, and they were having the 50% off special. Their designer came in and designed it pretty simply and did her measurements. She was really sweet and kind and she made the process really easy. We got shelves and a dual hung closet all throughout across the entire wall in the master bedroom.

The install guys were in and out fast. They were clean and took care of everything really well. They even made a few adjustments and consulted with me before making them. The install took about two and a half hours and everything was perfect. The designer called me after the install and double checked to make sure everything was fine and that if I needed anything I could always call her at her home. My experience with Closet World was painless and everything was great all around. They were efficient and everything I needed got done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have worked with Closet World in the past so I had them install cabinets, shelves, and different units in my garage, kitchen, laundry room, and walk-in closet. Working with their designer was very good. She made a few mistakes but in the end, it all worked out. They had to do it three or four times so the installation took longer than 2 days, but it worked out in the end. It's been a very pleasant and positive experience. I’m happy and I would call them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've done other properties and I've used Closet World's competitors, but Closet World had a flyer that came to my home which stated that they had 40% off. Their designer was excellent and better than the competition. She was knowledgeable, patient, exacting, has a good personality, had excellent follow-through and follow-ups, and she represented the product extremely well. She was the reason I went with Closet World.

I had them do a couple of walk-ins, a couple of wall closets, glass sliding mirrored wardrobe doors, etc on one of my investment properties which is a luxury condominium in Beverly Hills. The installation experience was nice. There were two different teams on two different days, and they were both excellent. The lead guy was very good, but the assistant was little in knowledge and responsibility. The team screwed up on something the first time around, but then they came back and finished the job. Overall, my experience with Closet World has been excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m glad that I went with Closet World. Their process seemed a little screwy but it worked out and the end product was great. I felt bad for the salesperson because she spent five hours at my house. She’s an older lady and seemed kind of new and flustered by designing my system because it was underneath some stairs. She got the measurements a little bit wrong but the installation went pretty good.

I had an existing shelving system on my pantry which is complete garbage, so I was replacing it. The installer was fantastic, and when he came, he said, “I’m gonna rip this off your wall and then you’re gonna be able to see all the ripping, all the paints, and textures that it gets ripped off from taking off the old one and you’re gonna see that because there’s no back to your new shelves. So, I’m putting in a new system over half them all as well.” He didn’t have any of the material from the truck even if I had chosen to pay more to put a backing on it and I had already cleared up my entire pantry and gone through all the motion. So, my wife and I spent the entire night packing and painting around the shelves.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a custom closet installed in my bedroom and Closet World had half the price of California Closet. I also liked the lady that came out to do the estimate because she wasn't pushy. The designer that came out was awesome and I really liked her. The installer was great but there was some damage he couldn't really control from removing some of the baseboards and they said that they would reimburse me when I got it fixed. They were easy to work with and worked well within my needs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World installed a hamper, shelves, drawers and a bedroom closet for us. Their price got us to go with them. The installation was good and it got done in a day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World was having a 50% off promotion, plus free installation and delivery, so I had them install a closet in my master bedroom. I got one other estimate and I could do more with them, but I had already put the deposit on Closet World. Their designer was good. She said she'd try to keep it under budget, but she gave me the basics. I wanted a little bit more but it’s fine. The installation was excellent and the installer also saved me money. He said what I wanted wouldn’t look right in my closet because I had such a big gap. It's a good closet overall and it was done right the first time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Closet World designer came to my house, measured everything then gave us a quote. She was very polite. The products that were installed were plain and white and we like them. The installer did a great job. It’s just that the product was a little bit expensive for what it is. But other than that, it's a great product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with the way Closet World did the job. My wife dealt with their designer who was very good. She was extremely kind and very polite. The guys who installed the unit also did a good job. They gave us some critical insights, such as if they removed what was there on the wall then there was going to be some gaps, so they got me some fillers and got it fixed, too. They did some value added things that we were blindsided to start with, which was very good. However, I find that the price that they charged me was a bit too steep. If they would be a little bit moderate in cost, that will be better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World was recommended to me. We had a meeting arranged with the first designer but the person didn't bother to show up which was extremely irritating. Nobody informed us that she wouldn't be showing up. Closet World supposedly gave us an additional discount the second time around to compensate for the screw-up. Then we met the second person and she did a great job. The installation team showed up when they're supposed to, installed two closets in the master bedroom closet, and they disappeared.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked Closet World's sales rep. I had two closets installed in a master bedroom and then in a second bedroom. I also had an entertainment closet built for DVDs and CDs. Their designer was good to work with, she listened to what I wanted and asked good questions and she drew it out and we agreed on it. The installation was good except that they only sent one installer and it took him six hours. I’m a store manager and I was not happy that I had to be away from my store for six hours. And when I called in to ask the manager why they only sent one, he said he didn't know and that they should have sent two.

And then, when the installer had brought the product in the master bedroom closet, he stacked all of the materials. It fell over on its own later and one of the shelves was damaged and he couldn’t even start the closet for they had to replace the parts. I wish it wouldn’t have taken quite so long. But, the installer was really good. He was very professional and courteous and cleaned up after himself. My experience was mostly positive and I’m very happy overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World is a big company and they're a good-quality name. There are a few others but Closet World is what I'm familiar with, so that's what I went with. The designer came and we showed her what we wanted to do. She drew up the plans and we made some adjustments and everything was great. The installation crew didn't get done on the first day because they sent one guy, and it was four closets we were doing. He had to come back another time to finish the fourth one but I’m very satisfied with the team’s clean work. Overall, they made a difference and everything is sharper. I've recommended Closet World for their excellent work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Closet World previously and I went with them again to have garage closets installed. I put their designer through challenges but she was fine. Their installers did a really good job and the site was left clean. I had a great experience with Closet World, which is unusual with contractors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Closet World do a walk-in closet, bathroom closet and two closets in the house. The design was good and the installer tweaked the design a little bit for the closet to fit the space. They also communicated to me the timing because the installation was a little bit later in the day because it wasn't urgent to get it done. So we had all day to get the project done and the installer cleaned up. Overall, it was a swift and immediate experience with Closet World.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A walk-in closet and organizers were installed by Closet World in my master bedroom. The designer was pleasant and the installers were on time. The only issue I had was that the designer made a mistake in the measurement so we needed more shelving. The work took another week to finish and I didn't like that. But the Closet World people brought more shelves out at no extra charge. They were professional, courteous, and worked in a timely manner. Everything went well and I had an excellent experience with Closet World.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got three other estimates and in the end, went with Closet World due to the price. I had shelves and some drawers installed in my master bedroom. The designer was very nice and explained thoroughly. She also understood what I wanted. Although I wasn’t there when the installers came, everything looked good when I arrived. I’m happy overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Amy, the designer from Closet World, came in and she's really good. She made the who experience really easy. The price was good and they're confident with what they are offering. I had closets installed in our 2 bedrooms with normal hangers and drawers. The installation was easy and quick. The guys that came here were really nice, no hassle and friendly. After the installation, the office called me and wanted to make sure everything's okay. One thing that was uncertain though was when Amy came over and talked about the installation, she said it's a lifetime warranty when the installers told me it's five years. That put me not at ease and something I need to clarify but overall, I am definitely satisfied with Closet World.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We thought that Closet Worlds would make a more customized closet for the area that we need so we went with them. They installed a double wardrobe closet on one side, a window that’s in the center, drawers and shelves put under the window and then a larger wardrobe closet on the right-hand side. The Closet World designer was very friendly and efficient. He drew the diagram quickly and he's easy to work with

But the installation was not so good because they sent the wrong size panels for a couple of the doors and shelves. The closet on the right-hand side was also not the width that we were expecting. It was mismeasured so we had the manager come out and take a look at that. They came back and repaired everything as far as giving us the right sizes. Their product is really nice although it's not top of the line. It's easily nicked and scratched but it wasn’t that expensive either. When we look at the cost versus the product it was a good deal for what we got. Overall we're satisfied with Closet World.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We used Closet World several years ago in our condo and they did a good job and had a good price so we used them again. I had a closet built fitted with shelves, doors and hanging rods. I also had custom shelves and cabinets built in our room. The designer came over, measured and showed me options. We talked about it, she gave me a price and we signed up. The installation was a little rockier though. There were a couple of dimensions that were incorrect so the installer had to cut things in the field a little bit. He made it work and although there were a couple of things that were not perfectly leveled, they’re fine. Everyone was friendly, professional and did a good job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the rep from Closet World and I liked what she put together. I had them install a master closet in our home and the designer was amazing, very professional, friendly and easy to work with. The installation was clean and very good as well and didn’t make a mess. Also, the crew was friendly and the guy who came here knew what he was doing. Overall, I had a good experience with the people that were sent to me by Closet World. They were efficient and professional so I’m very pleased. I am a realtor and I will highly recommend them to all my clients who need closets done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a kitchen pantry put in by Closet World. The price was fair though a little higher than the other companies. But their designer was more thorough with what she did on the design that we wanted and that made us decide to go to their direction. She also had a strong personality but she was nice and very good at following up. When the installers came, they didn't realize the design so they had to come back a second day to finish the job because they forgot to put some crown molding. But they came back when they said they would. Also, I have a new home and they didn't wear booties. We had to do some cleanup on our wood floor after they left. Though they cleaned up 90% of the area, they left some caulking marks on the floor and sawdust in the corners. So their installation crew aren’t the cleanest and they could have done a little better. Other than that, they were fine and we would use Closet World again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son had a good experience with Closet World, so I went with them. I had a shelving installed on the wall in a bedroom. Their designer came, measured, talked to me and showed me the samples. Also, the installation was amazing. The guy did the job and I inspected it and then he left. Overall, it was a great experience and I'd recommend Closet World.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We used Closet World back in 2013. We liked that their price was lower over other companies and they also seemed to be a little bit more flexible with their design. We recently had closets installed by them in all the bedrooms in the house, the garage and the pantry. Most of their designers were good but there were a couple of them that didn’t really respect the new house and they had an attitude. But, for the most part, especially one was very meticulous, respectful, and did excellent work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In one of my children’s bedrooms, I had a whole closet taken out and a new one put in. When the designer came out to my house, she went through the whole process, measured everything, and then gave me the color schemes. She was very helpful and nice. The installers were very nice too. They checked everything and cleaned out everything. They were very thorough and very neat about their work. It was a satisfying experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got estimates from both California Closets and Closet World but I decided on Closet World because they were a lot more reasonable and they guided me. The designer was pretty knowledgeable and professional but she pissed me off. I didn't like her attitude when I told her what I wanted and when I wanted to have it. She couldn't give me a price when I was paying cash in full upfront and she initially told me it would be four to six weeks before they could do the job. I told her I needed the closets done now since we've been living with no closet and to do something about the timeframe. She then talked to her boss and her boss hooked me up. It was great.

I had them install two clothes hangers - one is for storage in our extra bedroom for our extra clothes and the other one in our bedroom with hampers, doors and shelves. The installer who came out was cool and he came early. Overall, Closet World was awesome and I was really happy with them. I'm also happy with my closets though I need to know where I could purchase more shelves.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World has been around for a while and closets are what they do so I thought they probably have the best pricing. And it wasn't too bad for the pricing so I did it with them. We had a whole kitchen pantry redone and then all three bedroom closets. The designer took measurements and told us what it would be. However, it was hard to see with the drawing and I wished they had a computer animated thing to show us. They worked worked out the specs for us though.

The installer was really quick and he cleaned up after himself nicely. The installation went well except for the part where I stayed up all night painting. They didn't paint and that was the only downside. When they ripped out the closet, they didn’t do any kind of patchwork, and we had the open area that we could see. They mentioned that I might have to paint but they could have been more specific about that. I had to patch, wait two hours, patch again and sand. It’s not just a touch-up paint here and there, and it’s a lot of work. But once all was done, they looked beautiful. There’s a lot more space, so I’m happy.

I’d probably end up calling Closet World and ask them to get me pegs and another shelf later on. If I could, I would have the very top shelf come out further and then I would’ve added one more shelf in the closet. I could buy the shelf and the closet but not the top shelf because it’s like a spare box. Once it’s in, it’s in and I can’t redo it. Closet World does excellent work but when they do the design, they have to be more detailed about what the customer is getting and about what work is going to be necessary after they’re finished. If they try to be more transparent about those two things, I would be completely satisfied.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.
  • Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.
  • One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.
  • Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.
  • Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.
  • Best for Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Closet World Company Profile