3.9/5 (1987 ratings)

About Closet World

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Closet World Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I ordered two Closet World closet installations. It took two days a week apart to complete the closets leaving both unusable - that meant clothes out of both closets and on the floor. Final installation did not fit an article it was designed to house. It would be another week of disarray for them to re-do so I let that go. Two bars have now fallen off of racks because they were cut too short and were holding on by a hair and I didn't notice. I have to pay another $130 to have them re-cut, beyond the $3K I've already paid. Now I'm looking at all the bars and since I'm paying $130 anyway I'm requesting two others be re-cut and one of the shelves is damaged, which I was going to live with, and I'm requesting they fix that also. I do not recommend this company, their products, or service.

Get buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Melissa ** came out to our house we showed her the closet that we wanted. We told her that we needed more room for our clothes or shoes in our purses. She told us that we would have plenty of cubbies. We would have plenty A room for our shoes and our clothes and our purses. When they came out to install they damaged the inside of my closet. I had to patch it myself and I’m talking about big holes not little holes. It does not fit my shoes. It does not fit my clothes and I had no cubbies for my purses. When I called to complain they said that’s what she drew up on her list. That’s not what we got. What was on her list is not what we got. The three closet door from the floor closet door. I can’t even get to the right side of my clothes because the closet doors are too big. They do not slide open.

They proceeded to give me a $50 credit for the inconvenience and I had to wait for them to replace the door because it was broken. Melissa our sales rep never even called us back. We had to end up putting half of our clothes in the garage because the one we have now doesn’t even fit our clothes. Everything Melissa told us we were going to get she lied. All she wanted to do was get the sale. When I tried to call her back I attempted at least 8 to 10 times. She never once called me back because the customer service never called me back. This company is absolutely horrible and they do not care if they take your money and they do not give you what they promised you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

On the day of installation we found out my designer Evelynne ** had botched our closet by leaving out drawers in her design. The installation supervisor Cory supposedly took over and was going to redesign the closets. Since July 12, 2022, until today 8/8/22 we have been given the runaround and have yet to hear back via email with the approved design. Since day 1 Cory has been saying he’s working on it or he will get back to me and doesn’t. My last conversation with him was last week and his exact words were, “I will email the design in 20-30 mins.” He never did. But that was typical for him never followed through. Too much dishonesty with this company.

Today, we finally had it and my husband called Wells Fargo credit dept since we financed the loan set up by Closet World. They told my husband Closet World had canceled our order! We have been waiting patiently for weeks and told over and over again they were working on the modifications only to find out that was never their intention! They put me through a lot of stress and aggravation! No integrity, truthfulness or professionalism with this company. Please, don’t do business with this corrupt company.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

If I wrote all the problems I experienced with Closet World I could write a book. They are the most incompetent and company that I have ever dealt with. They came out to our home four different times because they had bad, damaged or just the wrong product. They never came during the installation window, every time they arrived hours later. They scratched our cabinets, wiped them with acetone and left the bottoms peeling and would not remove the cabinets and give us a refund. We gave them the opportunity to give us new cabinets and they brought more defective cabinets than the ones they installed.

They wanted us to allow them to come to our home a fifth time. They insulted us by offering us 10% discount for all the errors they made, time of ours they wasted and the cabinets they damaged. Closet World is a joke, their product is cheap and their managers do not care about customer service. They wasted so much of our time and over charge for a cheap product with bad installation. Save yourself the time, energy, frustration and money and find a respectable cabinet company. Closet World is disgraceful.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Save your money from this company. Among my experience they sent not one but two inexperienced "Professional" designers. Tried to charge me for installation twice. After installation I was not satisfied with how one closet fits. Had to contact District Manager for Northern CA to file complaint. Once talking with him he had no interest in trying to remedy my concerns...only to discredit my order from inexperienced designers and basically left me in the wind. Save your time and money and get the same thing from IKEA.

Original review: May 31, 2022

Sales rep set the hook. Showed ‘mothers’ closets and had slick brochure. Gave an install date and that’s the last I was able to speak to her or anybody. Called, left voicemail, texted and emailed. Nothing. Installer had not brought correct door rail, forgot to install backs, seams all gap. He was in the house for 5 hrs and left a mess. Nails, screws and saw dust in both rooms and driveway. Save yourself time and money and hire anybody else. Do your due diligence. Don’t get scammed.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I cancelled an order on April 2nd and it is now May 24th. I have reached out to the company on 8 different occasions through email and on the phone. Each time I call, I am told I need to talk to a sales manager, however, they will not connect me and tell me that they will leave a message for the sales manager and they will return my call. On May 18th, I called to speak with someone because the installation department called to install. I told them the order was cancelled and then asked to talk with a representative. This has gone on for six days and I have still not received a call back and have not been given a name of a person to speak to. I am told each time that the person or persons are not in the office despite the fact that I have called between the hours of 8 and 3 on each call.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I'm don't recommend this company, they are very incompetent with their customers need. It has been a month already and I still haven't received one missing shelf in my walk in closet. Where is my missing shelf???

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

NO. You DO NOT want to work with this company. I called during a holiday promotion and was excited to have two closets in our master bedroom done. The sales person who came out was friendly and responsive and designed a nice system for us. We ordered their "Legacy" system with smooth self closing drawers. Our installation was supposed to take 2 days. The day of installation the workers showed up after 3pm (on both days). We live in a condo (with an HOA) and all workers have to be off the premises by 6pm. At the end of the 2nd day the job was not complete. All the drawers were not installed, shelving not complete.

Further, we didn't receive the soft close drawers we requested. We were also charged for 16" shelves (for shoes) when we wanted 12." The change the shelves, they quoted a price of over $2000. When I called to explain the installation was incomplete they said they were booked and couldn't come out for another month! Both the phone rep and the manager was rude. We spent over $10K. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company. Seriously, shop elsewhere. Wish I had been wise enough to read review first.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

We had a Sale Person named Mark ** from Closet World in the West Hills area of CA. He performed the bait and switch. He gave us a price upon his second visit that did not provide all the options we asked for. He told us those options would be another $1,500. When he returned the 3rd time the price went up to $3,900 and did not include backs on the cabinets, which he said would be another $750 and that was not for full backs. I could tell, he was testing us on our threshold on the price. He said he would get back to us on a better price by Saturday and never would return with a price and ignored us. I finally, emailed him and told him we were going elsewhere. His response "Thank you for the update."

Closet World author review by Jessica Render

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Closet World Company Information