toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've had Closet World install a closet and garage storage and their designer knew her stuff. She oversaw the installation and they cleaned up good afterwards. They're a very professional group and I have already recommended them.

I heard that Closet World is a good quality company than the rest of the closet organizers. I thought, "Why will I waste my time looking for somewhere else cheaper?" Price-wise, they are a little higher but I'm looking for quality. So I called them and they came to my house. We had white laminate installed in my walk-in closet. The designer was very courteous, professional, and was able to give me a good deal. But I'm more impressed with the installer. He measured and installed the laminate in such a way that it's leveled and very clean. After that, he cleaned up after his mess. The owner called me after asking if I have any problems because they will come back if there's any. Excellent quality and service. Some of my friends came into my house and asked who did it. I said, "Closet World. Try it." So they will. I am happy and I find the experience very fulfilling. The design is good and I got what I want.

I had Closet World do my closet almost 10 years ago. This time I had them do closets, double-hangs, and shelves. The closets were for the bedroom and for the hallway. The designer was very nice and friendly. She was really thorough and measured all the potential rooms that I wanted work to be done. We prioritized on what needed to be done immediately versus those that I can do over the long-term. The installer was really professional. He did the work fast and was very clean. He was also good about recommending some stuff.

Closet World's price was very competitive. They gave me the 40% that was advertised. Also, because I was a repeat customer, there was an additional discount given. That was a nice touch. I was familiar with the product so I already knew what I was going to expect, and I'm happy with what I received. I have a couple of other closets that I need be done. It's really just a matter of budget and trying to get that done in a timely manner.

I had a garage cabinet built by Closet World last November and the installation crew that came out was good.

Closet World was offering a discount and I had two closets installed through them, one in the master bedroom and one in the second bedroom. The designer was in the house for a couple of hours, measured everything and talked about what kind of design features I wanted. The guy that came for the installation was there for five hours and did a really good job. I was very impressed with him and he worked non-stop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

We've used Closet World before so we went with them again. I got 2 estimates for a recent work and Closet World installed a large pantry-like closet, with pull-out shelves, for us. The designer did a great job, understood what we were asking for, and she very nicely delivered. However, we had some issues during installation. The first time they came, they brought melamine, which is the wrong color, instead of maple wood grain. The installer had mostly installed the shell of it. We noticed that even if it had been in the right wood tone, it wasn't built properly because they were supposed to be a pull-out higher than what it was gonna be. So we told the guy and spoke to his supervisor. Richard gave me a lot of grief because he didn't wanna listen. And, the job wasn't completed.

The second time that they came, they had the right material but they built it exactly like the first one so it was still not built correctly. I was really mad so we worked with Randy, the supervisor, and he was outstanding. Randy took over, calmed me down, made sure everything was gonna be perfect, worked out some kinks and the install was excellent.

We liked the material that we'd seen from Closet World and how it was set up. We have the four hanging and one long shelving unit with about four shelves and the stainless doorless mirrors. The designer was very pleasant. She also called and checked in to see if we ever needed anything and we are more than welcome to call her back. She also checked in to see how our experience was with the installation and if we liked the design that we came up with. The installation team showed up on time and it went really good. The only dilemma that we had was that the track wasn't in the box. They left it at the warehouse, called the manager, and ended up coming back two days later to finish the project. But other than that, we had a really good experience.

My experience with Closet World was terrific. I was so pleased. They came and they were very fast and clean. We had a Murphy bed put in and it works fine. Everything is like we set and planned, and I love the way it looks. Their representative measured everything just like she should. I would use them again as soon as I can find a spare space.

I had an excellent experience with Closet World. They scheduled an appointment and then called me to confirm that the appointment was going to be standing. The next day, the consultant came and she was amazing. She was very patient, professional and helpful. I showed her the closet and she addressed my concerns. In the closet that we were doing, there is an entrance to the attic that needed to be opened. So she designed it right then and there, showed me what it would look like, told me the cost, and then negotiated for a lower cost. And so we paid for half of it then.

Three weeks later, the installer came out. He was friendly and he did a very good job. He did it in a timely manner. He answered all our questions prior to him installing, just to make sure that we were all on the same page on how the closet was going to go in and how it was going to look. It took all of two hours to install it and it was perfect. It’s been perfect ever since.

I definitely plan on using Closet World again. The consultant also had some suggestions in other areas of the house that were very insightful. And she gave me a gist of what it would look like and how useful it would be and she was absolutely right. So, we plan on using them probably in the middle of the year to do the second bedroom and to do some things in the living room as well.

There was a deal on Closet World. Their rep came and I told her what I needed and she gave me ideas. I went with what she suggested and the workman came. Initially, only one guy came when it was supposed to be two. So I thought that may have been a problem. But the guy was great. He was very unobtrusive, came in and got it done. Also, he didn’t leave much mess at the home so it was perfect. He got it done over a couple of days and I was really pleased with him.

I've used Closet World in the past on another house and so we have them completely redo the space we had and added shelving, drawers, and hanging space. The designer came over at least twice to our house on a Saturday morning. She asked us what we were looking for exactly, did the design, and then went over the design with us and made sure we were satisfied. Then the installer came after the supplies were ordered and put it in. He didn't take very long and he did a great job. Once he installed it, a co-worker came and helped him make sure that he finished on time and we haven't needed any follow-up since then.

I called a couple of companies but they never called me back. When I called Closet World, their customer service answered right away and scheduled me an appointment at the same time. I chose them for their reviews too. I have their closet with the drawers and it’s white-colored wood. I had them do a reach-in closet and a walk-in closet that were installed in two places. Their designer was very nice, helpful and she listened to my needs. She first came out with a sketch and she was very patient and narrowed down to the way I wanted the closets. She had some materials that she showed me along with different options and the prices. We were able to revise the design and get to the price that I was happy with.

The installation was very good too. Sean came over and did it. It took him a little bit longer to install the closets but everything was done very professionally. He also made sure that everything was cleaned up. My whole experience was very good and I would highly recommend Closet World to all my friends. From the designer to the installer, everybody was very professional and very friendly.

Closet World was prompt in their response and everything went so smoothly with them when I had their basic modular closet system in my children’s room. The designer came to the house, took measurements, and drew out a plan. She asked me questions about what ideally I need to put into this closet. She was able to customize the drawer options so the drawers were really deep and that’s what sold me. She wrote me a quote and about two days later, we signed a contract and scheduled an install date. The installation experience was great. The installer arrived but it took him a little bit longer than he originally had said. It wasn’t a big deal though. He removed the existing rod, installed the closet, cleaned up after himself, had me approve to make sure everything looks great, showed me how everything works, and was on his way.

I had two different closet companies come out to give me quotes but the Closet World designer who came by was awesome and really did a very good job compared to the second person who came out. So, we had a clear choice on which one gave us a better picture and the pricing was similar too. We then had Closet World install two bedroom closets for us, a hall closet and a wardrobe closet including shelving and shoe racks. Everything seemed to be properly installed, but I was missing two things that were supposed to be added on. I didn’t pay for it, but the designer said she’d just throw it in for me and I’m still missing that.

They have reached out after I told them that and they said they would get back in touch. I’ve been meaning to call them and ask what the status on that is. They also left a bunch of little nuts that hold the shelves up. I’ve just been finding them littered around. I don’t know if they had a bag that was open when they were offloading the truck, but there was a bunch on my driveway. I also picked them out of the carpet a good bit of time. It’s not a big inconvenience, but I thought it was interesting. Overall, everything was great and I love it.

The design process was great. We just bought a house and we were online, going through different companies. We called and talked to a few people and decided to go with Closet World after getting the in-home estimate because some of the other places wanted us to pay $100 for them to come out and give us an estimate and that will be applied towards our design if we go with them.

The designer came out on a Saturday. She was very professional. She showed us everything from the bare bones all the way out to super deluxe. We told her what we were looking for, and she gave us a recommendation, even some things I didn't expect to have, like a safe in the closet. She gave us a place to put the safe and took into account the things that I have and gave me space. I didn't think it would all fit so I was already thinking about getting a dresser, but it actually all fit in the closet which means I don't have to go into my dresser.

We did the shelves of the 9x10 master closet and went for a her side-my side kind of a classic look, and it was a good job. In retrospect, I probably would have gone with the backing if I ever were to do it again because we didn't prep prior to it and didn't take down the old stuff. We still had the old holes in the walls and everything else, so we had to go back and fix that after the fact. The install could have been a little better too, but it wasn't a bad experience. The installer took a lot longer than we expected, almost 12 hours, and ran out of parts, but did a good job as far as the quality of the work we expected. It was a really good experience and I was pleasantly surprised.

The gal that came out was prompt in responding. She did the measurement and gave me a proposal. She followed up and told me about the pricing and when the discounts ended. She was good and I liked her. But it could've been better if Closet World provided her with a laptop and with a software that she can just draw it out instead of having to manually draw it. We had shelving and racks put in. They were installed from ceiling to floor. The installers were great and very professional. Overall, I recommend Closet World.

We had Closet World install closets throughout the house including the pantry. My husband is the general contractor and it was a relief for him to have somebody take over that project and handle it. He didn't have to be the finish carpenter and do things himself so it was an efficient support for the builder. Then the designer knew her stuff and came up with practical designs. She was very pleasant to work with however she must be overworked. I had forgotten one little hallway closet and when I tried to follow up with her a couple of times, I had a difficult time getting responses from her. I contacted the main office and sent them the information and they took the order and got it set up. The main installer for the majority of the closets that were installed did the measurements and the drawing for the one closet that I had missed. He was quite friendly and helpful.

The Closet World designer came over and we went over some of the designs, then we came up with a plan for the closets in the guest bedrooms. The installation crew installed everything for a couple of hours, and they had to come back again for some lock installation. It was cheap and a good experience overall.

I had some closets installed in a storage area in my garage by Closet World. I chose them because they were able to come much sooner than anyone else. Their designer was very nice and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, when the closets came, they were not the right size. They had to redo it and it was another two weeks before they could deliver. Everything looks good and seems to be in fine working order.

I had used Closet World in my previous house for garage cabinets and they did well. We just moved into a new home. Then it just so happen that they were having a 50% off sale, so we figured we could hardly go wrong if we use them again. The designer Linda did very good. We had an idea of what we wanted and she went through everything and thought it was going to work in our space. The installation crew was also great. They were clean, they picked up after themselves, and they swept up all of the sawdust. I had a great experience and if and when we need them again, we would probably use them again.

I was referred to Closet World by somebody I trust who had their closet installed. They were also running a 50% off promotion at that time, so we went to them to work on our closet. We needed it in a hurry because we just bought a house and we are trying to move in. It was a brand-new room so there was absolutely nothing in the closet and we needed something right away in order to move in and get settled. So they were also able to do it quickly. We had some shelves, drawers and hanging items installed into a walk-in closet. Then we also had a regular linear closet that we had optimized to make it our office. So we had a lot of shelves installed there so we could store things in it.

The Closet World designer knows her stuff. She was very efficient in making recommendations of what was going to work and she really thought it through. I was impressed with the fact that she knew potential pitfalls like where the door was going to open, and how that would affect the experience. Considering how much hanging you need versus shelving and making recommendations on that and giving me ideas on how to store our stuff that I may not have considered, like putting certain things in baskets versus drawers. So that was very good.

My only complaint about her is she’s a talker and I’m not. She was really chatty and told personal stories and I was a little bit in a rush. I wish she would just get to the point. I called her back again to do another project and she was still chatty. It’s slightly painful to endure the process with her. She was very nice but she’s just a little long-winded for my taste. Other people might like it but for me, it was annoying.

Also, the interior hardware was different on this recently installed one than the first one. I called my designer to ask about that because they seemed not as high end and I was just wondering if that was an upgrade that I had missed or whether that was the standard. She told me that Closet World had changed their hardware since I had gotten mine installed. She assured me that it was not any less quality.

I liked the discount that Closet World offered. The estimate that I was given was good and the guy who came out for the design was awesome. He got everything within the budget that I needed. I got three closets done and turned one into a pantry and made the other two better rooms for space and stuff. They're all in a nicer finish. We did two closets the first time and he gave me an idea of per closet breakdown so I’d be able to see how far I wanted to go or how much work I wanted. I told him to follow up with me because I'll do another one and he did to the tee. The first time he followed up, I was going out of town so I asked him to call me back in a couple of months and he did. He came back out the second time and double checked everything. I already knew how much it would cost.

The first time that they did the installation, the team had to do a bunch of cuts and made a mess downstairs. My girlfriend asked them to clean up and they did with no problem. The second time that they came out, everything was pre-cut, so no drama with that. Our first two closets took most of the day, but there was a lot of stuff to be done. The last one went by pretty fast. However, they didn’t have the drawers for the third closet and didn’t show up until a day or two after the date that I'd given so they didn’t get installed until about a week later. But overall, the experience was very professional and I have recommended Closet World to a close friend.

My Closet World experience of getting my master bedroom closet went smooth. The designer was great. But the time it was set up for the actual installation, like what I was promised and what happened were different things. When they got there, it ended up being fine but it was supposed to be set up for a short time in the morning so they left their job to go there to wait and then they ended that time frame.

It was like we tried reaching out and couldn't get a hold of the designer. We got hold of somebody else somewhere else in the whole business. And then at that point, they told us, "Oh, I thought they left you a message." I was like, "I never received a message." And then I called. I'll be out much later and they ended up coming out much later, like three hours later. So once again, they had to leave their place of employment to go there and wait. This one drawer is off and I've called them twice now to see about having somebody come out and get it fixed.

I’ve used the main competitor, but 50% off got me off the dime and so I went with Closet World. The closet area in my home had never been finished and so I made it into a closet and added mirrored wardrobes. The designer was excellent and the installation team was good and very professional.

We had a little bit of a problem with Closet World's designer not getting the right measurements, so we had another follow-up appointment and the installation was held up for two days because everything had to be re-cut. Other than that, the product has better quality than what is normally installed. It is sturdier and hangs from the wall instead of sitting on the ground. I would recommend them.

We had our master bedroom closet installed by Closet World. It is a customized dual-level closet with a space for shoes. We went with Closet World due to the ease of having someone come out and not having to do the measurements myself. The designer was awesome. She was very friendly, helpful and she took the time to understand what our needs were. My husband said that it took a couple of hours to install. We haven’t had any issues after installation. I wish the price was a little more affordable, though. If it was then we could have done even cooler things with our closet by adding a few more bells and whistles. A lower price point is always nice.

Closet World did my other house so I went with them again. I had a shoe rack put in my walk-in closet and shelves in my garage and walk-in pantry. Their designer was a little off-the-wall but good and everything that she did was perfect such as the measurements. So, when they came to install, there was no problem whatsoever. She was right on. The craftsmanship and the workmanship that the installers did were excellent. Everybody was super great.

I’ve used Closet World before and I had them redo my walk-in closet, had a cabinet put in my bathroom, and they did a wine cellar for me as well. Given the fact that we had constraints on what could be done, their designer was very knowledgeable about how I could cut down on the cost a bit. She was very nice and very professional. The installation went very quickly too. I only had to tell the guys where a cabinet in my bathroom was going to be put and they confirmed it was being installed. They went about their business, put it in and were gone. The guys were neat and tidy too. I would certainly recommend to have Closet World come out and give somebody an estimate.

Closet World provides professional service from design to installation. We've had about five projects done by them, the most recent one was a shelving and a closet in our garage. We've had a very good experience in our recent project with them. Lee, their designer, spent a lot of time with us to optimize the design as much as possible.

In general, we're pretty happy with their installation. It's been really good except this last round. There's a couple of things that they forgot like there's a lock in there and some extra shelving that they forgot to bring. There's also one little spot that they didn't finish up properly. I think we need to call back on but we have a hectic schedule so we haven't had the chance to really follow up on it. The installer had some challenges before this recent project. Their representative was responsible and did a great job of resolving the concern and in coming up with a good solution. I'm extremely pleased with them. They really came in and work very well for us.

I'm very disappointed with my experience with Closet World. The workers who made the cabinet have 15 years experience and that's why they're so complacent. One of the workers located the stud on the wall without using an instrument. When they located one stud, all they did was count 16 inches from left to right, right to left, and locate the other stud. They should at least confirm that they hit the stud with an instrument. When I asked the worker, he was so irritated that I was questioning his ability and I don't want that so I kept quiet and hoped for the best.

I called the supervisor about that and when they came back to redo the doors, it's the same person. I'm not very satisfied and confident that it was done right. Right now the closet is done but I haven't put anything much inside. I need to hire somebody or ask my neighbor to double check the location of the stud if it was hit or not. I want to make sure that everything was done right. The cabinet looks nice physically but my primary concern is if they hit the stud. When I painted the wall, I made my own marking on the location of the stud and I think the builder missed some of the studs. No wonder Closet World's reviews online are very bad.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.
  • Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.
  • One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.
  • Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.
  • Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.
  • Best for Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Closet World Company Profile