toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've had Closet World install a closet and garage storage and their designer knew her stuff. She oversaw the installation and they cleaned up good afterwards. They're a very professional group and I have already recommended them.

I heard that Closet World is a good quality company than the rest of the closet organizers. I thought, "Why will I waste my time looking for somewhere else cheaper?" Price-wise, they are a little higher but I'm looking for quality. So I called them and they came to my house. We had white laminate installed in my walk-in closet. The designer was very courteous, professional, and was able to give me a good deal. But I'm more impressed with the installer. He measured and installed the laminate in such a way that it's leveled and very clean. After that, he cleaned up after his mess. The owner called me after asking if I have any problems because they will come back if there's any. Excellent quality and service. Some of my friends came into my house and asked who did it. I said, "Closet World. Try it." So they will. I am happy and I find the experience very fulfilling. The design is good and I got what I want.

I had Closet World do my closet almost 10 years ago. This time I had them do closets, double-hangs, and shelves. The closets were for the bedroom and for the hallway. The designer was very nice and friendly. She was really thorough and measured all the potential rooms that I wanted work to be done. We prioritized on what needed to be done immediately versus those that I can do over the long-term. The installer was really professional. He did the work fast and was very clean. He was also good about recommending some stuff.

Closet World's price was very competitive. They gave me the 40% that was advertised. Also, because I was a repeat customer, there was an additional discount given. That was a nice touch. I was familiar with the product so I already knew what I was going to expect, and I'm happy with what I received. I have a couple of other closets that I need be done. It's really just a matter of budget and trying to get that done in a timely manner.

I had a garage cabinet built by Closet World last November and the installation crew that came out was good.

I went with Closet World for the really quick response time of the representatives getting back and the availability of the schedule. Also, the frequent advertisements put their name out there towards the front of everybody's memory. The designer's expertise was helpful and there were some value-added types of suggestions that were helpful and beneficial in the end. The installation was on time and properly completed. Took longer than anticipated because the designer actually forgot to account for one existing condition during their initial assessment, but it wasn't anything that the installer couldn't deal with. It was fine and anticipated for by the installer but lengthened the installation by a couple of hours. The installer was accommodating, dealt with the surprise, and it wasn't a huge deal. It was overall, a very satisfactory install and I'd recommend Closet World.

We saw what Closet World did for our neighbors and it was good. Then we decided to go with them because of their prices and quality of their product. We got one closet from them and it was very good interacting with the designer. The installation team came to my home and installed the closet in the bedroom. They finished it in one day, and we were happy. We ordered again the shelves and they brought it and installed it again. The work they've done was perfect.

The Closet World designer was really nice and the installer was great. He was polite and I had him install two closets. However, he didn't install what I wanted because he didn't read the certain thing that the manufacturer meant and he didn't hear the measurements. He would have had to cut the measurements down a little bit. I wanted them smaller from the top down. They then called me immediately and were willing to come back out and take care of the issue. But by that time, I didn't want the hassle and I can deal with them. Other than that, everything went well and I'm content with what I got.

We had shelves and clothes rods installed by Closet World in our master bedroom, and it was good quality work. It has a light there that's lighting up the space. The designer we worked with was very helpful and friendly. She gave us all kinds of good advice on what would work for the area. Closet World was really easy to get a hold of. Their installers got there on time and cleaned up when everything was done. They were very straightforward and everything was done to schedule. We had a very positive experience with Closet World.

My wife called Closet World and the discussions that she had, she seemed to be more of a favorite than some of the others. The installer was really a nice guy and easy to get along with. He took our suggestions, altered it a little bit and it came out pretty nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

I got great experience using Closet World. I went with them based from my previous experience with them, and I like the quality of the work and it's durable. I didn't have any problems with the installation and they actually even modified a door for like a closet that I decided not put in there. I've already recommended them to my parents.

I used Closet World when I lived in Santa Clarita. Their salesperson was very sweet and helpful, and I like the way she handled things, asking me "Have you thought about this and what about that?" And telling me, "Don't forget this." We had an office in our house and we have a lot of collector's books, so we had one wall done for that and then a storage underneath those. And then another side for two desks and cabinets. Their installers did what they were supposed to do, and they showed up the next day and finished. Overall, I'm very happy. And I would recommend them to a friend.

I got quotes from Closet World and California Closets and it seemed like it was about the same value worth for what you get. However, there was a significant difference in the price between them, so I went with Closet World. Also, they were really fast. Their turnaround from designs to install was barely two weeks. California Closets would take almost a two-month time before they could do the installation. I had Closet World install a walk-in closet in my master bedroom. The Closet World designer was very nice and helpful. She was very knowledgeable and had been in the business a long time even before she joined Closet World. So, she was very much a pleasure to work with. I had drawn up one contract with her and ended up canceling it so that I could do some more research. And then I came back and used her as my same designer in the long run and drew up a new kind of design and contract with her. It was totally awesome.

The first installation went very well. They slightly fudged one part of it. We updated to do slow-closing drawers, and that installer didn't put those in the first day. Unfortunately, I didn't try to use the doors or drawers and he already had left. So, then I reached out that same night back to Closet World. They picked up immediately and let me know that I really had to talk to the install supervisor. I was able to talk to him the next day. He called me. He was not the most pleasant person about it. He more or less accused me of not having paid for the upgrade. He said that there was no box checked for the slow-closing drawers-sliders and told me that he needed to talk to my designer before he could approve sending someone out to change it. Then he never even called me back.

Two days later, I ended up making some review online, and then I finally got someone to call me and tell me that they would immediately send out an additional installer to switch out for the tracks and agreed with me that I had paid for that. All in all, the installation guys that came out here were totally great and really nice. It was the supervisor that was a little bit of a prick. Now, everything is as I ordered it, and I ended up with what I wanted.

I had a closet installed by Closet World in our garage. Their product was of high quality and about the same price as those of other closet companies. Moreover, they had a 50% off deal which made the price worth it. They were really nice. The sales part was good and the lady rep was really nice. But the installation was a little harder. They scheduled a delivery day that I had to reschedule. Then they called me the day before the first delivery date, and I said I already rescheduled that. Then they were supposed to come one day, but they ended up being late. Worse yet, they never called until I called them, and they said, "Oh. We're running late."

They got there at 6:00 at night, but I told them that they cannot stay until 8 PM as I was leaving to go somewhere. So, we had to reschedule the delivery date again. That was a pain and they weren't very easy to deal with on that. I told them, "All you have to do is call and tell me you're going to be late." But apart from this, everything else was good. The guys who installed the closet were great. They came in and put the closet in, and everything's working and looking nice. They also cleaned up after themselves.

Closet World offered us more services for a lesser price, so we went with them. We had them install a dresser, and then all that pulls for the clothes and some shelving. Everything was on time and properly completed, and we had wonderful interactions with the installer. Overall, we're very happy.

Closet World's salesperson was on time, very thorough, and detailed. She gave us three options that we liked and the timeframe fit for us, so we went with them. My client and I chose the second option they offered, which was a cabinetry with different colored wood on the top. Their designer was quite tolerant, good and very nice. She walked us through the closets. The installation guy arrived on time and finished it on time. It was really smooth. I asked him to give me an hour’s heads up so that I could be there at the site and he was good enough to call so I was not there waiting all day for him. My client is good, too, because I didn’t hear anything about the closet so far. She seems happy.

We did an in-home consultation with the rep from Closet World and we appreciated the time that the person spent. We also considered another option through The Container Store, so we went back and forth a bit. But since Closet World gave us a slightly discounted price, we decided to do our pantry with them. We talked with their designer while she was here and then we emailed a little bit to make sure we were okay with the things that we chose. However, our installation experience was not the best.

There was a note in the file to schedule installation for the morning, but then I received a call the day before telling me it was in the afternoon. They then saw the note but they couldn’t do anything about it at that point. I also asked for a thirty-minute notice, but they just called and told me that they were here at my door. And so, they had to wait until I could get here. Also, the people didn’t really interact much with me or give me any indication of how things were going. They were gruff and didn’t communicate that much.

We used Closet World before. I called a few different places for a quote and to see the timeline and Closet World's timeline fit into what we needed, so we used them again. This time, we had a reach-in closet installed in one of our Division Chief’s office. The process of getting things started up until the installation went fine. First, I went online and somebody contacted me and asked me what I was looking for. They sent somebody in to get some dimensions and to check out the office space. They had switched offices so our Division Chief was wanting the same kind of reach-in that he had in his other office. So, we just mirrored what he had in there and then picked the color that we wanted. There were only a couple of colors to choose from so we went with what matched the best in his office. The process went very clear. I told the designer the days that we were hoping to get it done and they went with one of those days.

The only thing is that, we paid half of it upfront on our credit card and then we had to pay the additional amount when they had left. We had to wait until they went back to the office for them to give us a receipt. I wish we could have gotten that once the work was completed and before they left. Other than that, everything went really well.

I set an appointment with the designer from Closet World, she came in, designed the closet in my bedroom, and I liked it. Then their guy came and put it in. He placed a couple of shelves, and cleaned up afterward. I would recommend Closet World.

I've heard of Closet World for many years and I've always seen their ads. When I got a flyer in the mail, I called them, had them come out and went with them. Their designer was great. She was also very knowledgeable and informative. One thing though that they didn't tell me was that they were going to charge me an extra $50 that I had to pay in cash at the time of installation to haul away the old closet bars and wood. The designer did tell me that they would remove it and haul it away but I didn't find out about the $50 until they got there. That was my only issue but it went very smooth. There were three people that showed up to install at the Master closet and they did a good job. I would recommend them to a friend.

I needed multiple closets done for 2 bedrooms and Closet World was having a 50% off sale. I liked their designer, but as it turns out, she didn’t know what she was doing. She wasn’t even there any longer by the time they did the first installation, which they had to do a second time because the closets were ordered wrong. After complaining and back and forth and round and round, they finally sent an installer out who explained what happened. The designer ordered the closets wrong and she didn’t tell me that there were other options. I put my faith in the “designer” but it didn’t work out too well. So then they charged me more money and it took three months before I finally got the closets.

I would have liked a professional to come to my home, which I thought was what was happening, measure properly and give me the options that were available to me, and the installation be done properly the first time. Also, I would have liked to have not had to argue for about three weeks with the manager or whoever was over there, telling me that I got what I paid for, and then charging me more because the product I needed was larger. I thought I was getting what I wanted based on the input I gave the designer. Apparently, the shelves come in 12, 16, 18 and 24-inch sizes. The 12-inch is the go-to one and that’s what she gave me. So I had a big old closet with little, teeny tiny shelves in it. It wasn’t a good experience at all.

Closet World offered a discount and no labor charges so we chose them to do our office cabinets. The designer didn't push things on us and she was easygoing. She showed us things and then left it up to us whether we wanted to do it or not. There were no high-pressure sales. If I have a problem or if there's something wrong, they come, look at it, and take care of it. We pointed things out about their work after the installation and they did a great job when they came back.

My cousin had his closet done through Closet World and due to their quality of work, I had them install the closets in my bedroom. The designer was awesome, informative, and she was able to change what I needed to change within the next day. She drew it just how I liked it. Then the guy came in and installed it in a timely fashion. Also, the customer service called and checked to make sure everything was okay. I would definitely refer Closet World to other people. They did a great job.

I saw an advertisement that said if I ordered from Closet World before a certain time, the cost would be 60% less than normal. I went with them and the designer was very good. She gave us ideas and spent quite a bit of time with us. She said, “Well, if you do it this way, it saves you money over doing it your way,” which made a lot more sense than the idea that we had. The installation experience also went very well. The guy was extremely nice. Also, there was one gentleman who called me afterwards to ask me if I was satisfied and if I had any issues, and I told them I had no issues, but yes, I was satisfied. The job was very professionally handled and I would certainly recommend them.

I got a master bedroom closet from Closet World. There was not many options for estimates, but we went with whatever estimate they gave because we wanted to do it. The designer was okay. I asked for multiple things but there were not many options available. However, there were a couple of scratches on the wall and on the door of the closet upon installation. They gave me the email address to which I can contact for the damage. I called them and they said that I need to have it repaired then send the invoice to them and they would pay whatever the repair cost is.

The guys who installed everything were super nice and did it on a timely manner. I like the product and everything looks nice. However, when Karen from Closet World came over and looked, she was nice but pretty much pressured me that I had to do this today because tomorrow 50% free installation goes away. A week later, I got the same ad in the mail. It’s probably my fault for not doing a research first.

Unless Closet World can give me a refund which I doubt will happen, I’ll probably never refer anybody to them. I got a whole garage set up and I got two closets which weren’t really big but I spent about $8,600 on everything. If it wasn’t 50% off I would’ve been billed $17,000. And that’s hard for me to even believe that this is $17,000 worth of anything. And in doing more research, it’s cheaper everywhere else. I was also told by the contractor who came in to do the plumbing and the electrical that he could’ve drove to Closet World, bought all the stuff and installed it for $3500. And so, I feel I got ripped off big time.

Closet World has been in business for 30 years so something must be going right. But after knowing that somebody could’ve went and picked it up at Closet World and I could’ve got the exact same thing and paid them a little bit of labor money and filled in under the budget, then that would’ve been better. So, after the fact, I was kinda bummed. I tried to talk to the management and the upper supervisors, and everyone I talked to just started working there. So, I feel bad harking at some girl that’s worked there for two weeks and doesn’t even know front from back. And I've never got a call back and so I’m just washing my hands off it. It’s a lesson learned.

I've used Closet World off and on for many years. In fact recently, I had them install a closet in my son's condo. Their designer met me at the place and I explained to her exactly what I wanted. It is almost a duplicate of what I had done before. I did not really use her design service much because I already knew what I wanted. She made a suggestion here and there and then just wrote it up and drew it up. I'm perfectly happy with the completed product.

We got three proposals and Closet World gave us the most value. The designer was great and the installation was flawless.

We have found Closet World through a weekly advertisement. We called and they sent a designer out. Gino showed up on time and spent two hours drawing up what we wanted. I gave him a set of drawings that I did earlier with the shape and the sizes of the compartment that we wanted on the shelves. He went in with his own drawings and we asked for certain things. He gave me a rough estimate of what he thought it was going to cost. He had some questions to ask his manager and would call me back the next day with an installation date and the final cost.

But the next day came by and I never heard from Gino. It was the same for the day that followed. The third day went by. I called the designer in the morning 'cause he left his personal cell number that he used for work, but I went to voicemail. The same thing went on to the 5th day. I ended calling Closet World and asked what was going on with Gino. They told me he dropped off my paperwork but and they haven't heard from him since. I told them I really wanted to get the work done so they set up another lady who came on out two days later. She redid everything again like Gino had done. I had to do my own measurements because I was responsible for what got installed. While she drew this thing all up, she said that her management would want her to call the manager when she was all done. The manager said that they would try to make it right for us because of what happened. They cut off $200 of $750 which was really nice.

They then scheduled for someone to come out and we settled on a Friday 'cause my wife and I were going to be out on vacation. We would come home a day early so they could install the closet. They were supposed to be out that Friday morning about 10:00, but I got a phone call from them saying that a couple of their installers had gotten sick. Instead, the installers would be there later that day at around 4:00. Stuff happen and I understood. But at 3:00, the install manager called and said that the guys won't be able to make it. They were so far behind and they had to reschedule.

I told them that didn't work too well for me because I'm self-employed. I didn't have a weekly vacation or sick days. We scheduled this time off and that was it. I told them the installation had to be done on a weekend and he told me he would talk to the guys to see if he can get some to come out over. He called back about 10 minutes later and said the guys could be over at our place at about 10:00 Saturday morning. I appreciated that. But Saturday came and left without us hearing a word from them.

When I called that Monday morning, I was upset. Whoever was in charge there needed to talk to these guys that if they were not going to show up, they had to call people. We spent half a day before we finally left. That was the only unprofessional thing that happened. Adrian, the install manager called and was extremely apologetic. They ended up installing the closet on a Tuesday. A nice group of guys came here and showed up right on time. They got this thing all knocked up and it was wonderful. They discounted the closet even more because I told them I had to close my shop and that was what we were trying to avoid as I was losing money.

The next day, my wife and I started to put stuff in. I designed the closet to have certain sized cabins because we had certain sized stuff that we wanted to go into this closet. However, the stuff didn't fit because the cabins were too short. I called Closet World back and told them that the cabins were off by 4 inches in height. Now they're coming out tomorrow to replace the inner panels to make them the right height. Overall, I'm pleased with what Closet World has done but it was a comedy of errors. The whole process from the initial time that I called to now had been about a month and a half. Other than those, everyone that I dealt with was very nice and extremely apologetic. It seemed very genuine.

Steve, the designer, was great. I enjoyed his very good presence and the installer was a very nice guy and did a great job. We got closets put up in our master bedroom and in one of our spare bedrooms. We're very pleased. We would use Closet World again and recommend them highly.

I did a quote with Closet World because I knew that they've been around for a while and my mother-in-law had used them before. We had two bedrooms done. In our boys' bedroom, we had drawers put in as well as five different hanging areas. Then, in our master bedroom, we had four different hanging sections put in. The designer came over and spent about two hours here. She measured the closets and sat down with me, and together we came up with a design of what would work best for the space. The installer came right on time, was in and out within two hours, and cleaned up really well. He explained all the products to me while he was here. Overall, Closet World seems like a great company. They're very professional and easy to work with, and they got the job done.

I just had brand new hardwood floors refinished in the whole bedroom three days before Closet World installs the closet system and we were waiting for them to finish curing. So, I told the guy he needed to be very careful with the floor. When he left, I went upstairs a little bit later to check out everything. He spilled acetone all over the floors and the walls and then didn't put any protection on the floor like cardboard and scratched the floor off. So, they had to be refinished in that closet. I contacted them and they told me to give them an invoice and they'll take care of it. It was no big deal to them and they followed up about a week and a half ago asking me when they'd get the invoice. So, I have to submit the bill my hardwood floor installer sent me yesterday to Closet World.

It's all good now. The closet system was fine but it did so much damage out of carelessness and stupidity. I don't know why he wouldn't put protection down on a brand new hardwood floor but fortunately, the guy working here was able to repair it and get it back to where it was. But it was fine and my interactions with the designer were all good.

When we were remodeling our house there were not very many options though regarding closets but I like Closet World's pictures. I looked for the reviews and they were good. Our closet look very well and the installation was very good. The people that came to install them were very professional and they came in on time. However, they only covered half of the hanger and the other half is exposed to dust and I have a guarantee that no dust is going to fall onto the clothes. But when they installed it, even if they look nice, they gave me the impression that for the money that I paid and agreed to pay based on their pictures, they did just half of the job.

They skimped a lot on the wood they used because the boxes covered only half of the hangers. The bar where we put the hangers on came at the very end of those boxes. So, half of the hanger was inside of the box and half was outside exposed to dust. I was very upset, because it's a very steep price. But I accepted that only because the pictures were a little tricky. Furthermore, I was not there to measure with them. They gave me an estimate about where the closets are going to come from but not the depth of them. So, I didn't realize that they are very narrow. They are not deep enough to cover the entirety of the hanger and of the clothes that I put in the closet. So, I felt tricked and it's a very high price for the product. I don't give them a good mark at all.

A friend told me about Closet World. I just wanted to utilize all my space in the closet, and by using them, I was able to do so. I'd recommend it.

I had Closet World install a home office because it seemed like it would be the easiest thing to do. I walked in with the designer and I said, "Here is the space. Tell me what I can do." The designer wanted a bit more and asked me what I was going to use it for and what's comfortable with me. It ended up being a good experience but it took a while. The installation went well and the two gentlemen came on time. It took them most of the day but when they were done, it was great, although one of my file drawers wouldn't stay closed and so they're coming out this evening to fix it.

Closet World Company Profile