toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I called some companies but their response time was very slow and someone could not even find my house so I decided to choose Closet World. I had a closet installed several years ago in my entertainment center. It looks good and my friends who come here feels that it looks good too. I'm a returning customer and I'm waiting for another installation for my bedroom. However, I hope that the turnaround time would be quicker. For example, I had someone come to measure today and I need to wait for one month. They told me that average working time is three weeks. I wish I don't need to wait so long because when people want to have a closet that means they have a lot of things they want to put in. But generally, I'm very satisfied with Closet World. Their product looks nice and my friends agree. The installers are very patient and easy to communicate. After the installation, they try to clean out very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The first time I used Closet World was a good experience but the second time around wasn't. I had three walk-in closets and had alterations in one of the closets. They charged me $200 for that and that was fine. But, I didn't like the closet. It looked unfinished. The quality of the wood was different and I wasn't satisfied with the quality of work. I called their office twice. One, to let them know I wasn't satisfied and the second call to let them know that I needed some repairs done. However, I have to take some responsibility for it because I didn't ask, "Can I get a better feel or a better look on the closets?" When I got it done the first time, I had a better upgrade. I had more trim on it and more crown molding. That's why I called Closet World back out to do my new home but I didn't get the same quality of closets that I had the first time around.

The salesperson who initially came out to give me the sales pitch did a good measurement. She did what I asked her to do and she got all of my clothes in the closet. But the contractors didn't do a good job. They were sloppy. They didn't clean up behind themselves and I had to be careful and pick up all of the little nails that they had left laying around. Then one of the rails fell and they had to come back down and do that and they made a mess again. I left them doing what they did because the first time around, the guy was good. He tore out the closets, put in new closets, and there wasn't a piece of trash anywhere. If they ever come back out again, I'll micromanage them and make sure when they finished what they do, they pick up their stuff, take their trash with them, and pick up all the nails off the floor.

Closet World

Thank you, Rob! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the level of service that you expected and deserve. We look forward to hearing from you should you need additional home organizing solutions.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

My wife had estimates from two other companies which were within $300 to $400 of each other, but the price of Closet World made us select them. We had some drawers, shelves and hanging racks installed in her closet which went nicely. The gentleman was on time, professional and cleaned up after himself. Then one thing I really liked was on that day, someone from the company called to make sure that everything was going well. That was nice.

Hi Sheeja!

Thank you for taking the time to share your Closet World experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new Closet World system.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I like Closet World's cabinets and liked what they did so I gave them a try. Their designer was very friendly and spent enough time at home. She did a very good assessment of our space and gave us a variety of designs from which I could choose. They put in cabinets at my garage and the installers were there before the scheduled time. They did the installation in one day and everything went smoothly. We are very happy with the experience and would definitely like to have some more work later on.

Closet World was really good. We've used them before in our other home when we had a house fire and had to get the closet organized. This second time, we had them install an island in the middle of the closet. And, I'm gonna be using them again in another house for another closet. The designer that came over recently for the redesign was very good and really thorough even if we haven't finished yet. Everybody’s been really nice. Both of my installation experiences have been very good, too and I hope the third one goes as well. I’ve been very satisfied with the work though their prices are outrageously expensive. But I would definitely recommend the company if others can't build and organize. Closet World is, by far, at the top of their game.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

I've had the worst experience in my life with Closet World. Poor customer service. Initially, the person came and made the measurements. When they came to install, it wasn’t what I was expecting. I know I signed the paper but I didn’t measure myself. I trusted the person who was doing it for me. Prior to installment, I said that it was not what I wanted, that it was the wrong size and not what I expected. So, they stopped the installation halfway. I said, “Why don’t you resolve with the manager this matter so we can either demolish, take it back, and bring the new one?” I called the manager and tried to resolve the matter. He said no, that if I wanted a different product I had to pay more. I said, “Sir, this is my budget. I can’t pay more. This is what I agreed with this lady. It’s her fault she did the wrong measurements.”

I said, “You know what? Why don’t you come and take it out? I don’t want you. I know I put a down payment. I don’t want that money. I’m not gonna pay the rest of the money.” So they started threatening me saying they're gonna ruin my credit if I don’t pay the full amount. I had to call people to come and demolish it so I can use my bedroom. Every part was sitting in that bedroom and the work wasn’t complete. They wanted me to pay the balance before they would send anyone else. The way they handled the situation was so poor. I wasn’t expecting the poor quality products initially. It cost me $3000 for one simple closet plus I had to pay close to $300 for people to come and take out that closet.

Closet World installed the closet systems and cabinets in our garage, and these products have fine quality. Everything was good. We're really happy and very satisfied with Closet World. I would recommend them.

I had used Closet World in the past and recently had the master closet installed through them. The designer was very helpful. The installation guy was on-time but the only thing was that he wasn't very friendly. He introduced himself, came in, and said, "I'm here to do your installation, review this, sign this." He was not rude but didn't seem to have a positive attitude, and has no personality. But everything was fine as he did a nice job.

I went with Closet World because of the discount and it has been a simple, quick and easy experience so far. This is my second installation actually with them. The first one was an actual closet for a walk-in closet in the master bedroom. The second one were garage cabinets for a utility room. I had a design in mind and the designer went off of that and had everything laid in its pieces. She was wonderful and walked us through everything. The only thing that we were disappointed with was that the countertop we wanted was a stainless steel of some sort, but it was no longer being manufactured. But the product was wonderful and we love it. Anytime I’ll need something else, I’ll be sure to call them.

I had a closet for my extra bedroom done by Closet World and I had a very positive experience with their designer that came out. The installation team was also very good and knew exactly what they were doing. I've recommended them to several friends.

I checked out different closet companies and had 4 estimates. I tried to look for something cheaper and better and went with Closet World. I got shelving in the garage made and it looks good to me right now. However, I had some major issues with their designer. She made something different than supposed to be. And the installers came here and then they reordered the whole product and came back the next week. They resolved the problem later on and got everything completed although a little late because they needed to redo again all the other stuff because something's not right. But the installers were really good and friendly.

I had some closets done upstairs by Closet World. They set up the appointment and I had to extend it because I had to rip my garage apart. There was something with the closet upstairs and I had to redo the walls. The installation team knew what they were doing and they were also quick and efficient.

I had two closets made by Closet World in two bedrooms and their designer seemed to be knowledgeable and polite. She was on time and really professional. I had a good experience with them. And it seemed to be price competitive. We'll probably have them back to take a look at the garage.

We've used Closet World many times in the past on various houses and were pleased with what they've done. We had three closets redone. We had storage units put in the laundry room, in the garage and we had put an upper cabinet over a drop-down area. The designer was fine but we weren't specific when we were working with them. There was a little bit of confusion about a jewelry tray that we had in the master closet and the baskets for dirty clothes that went into the master closet but it got straightened out at the end. The jewelry tray that we put into the door in the master closet was mailed to us.

Installation was okay but somebody picked up my tape measure and walked off with it. When I told them about it, they gave it back. They didn't clean up as well as I would have expected them to do. The installers were based in Hayward so they didn't show up until late morning. Having anything done like this is not a pleasant experience but it turned out fine.

I saw Closet World do the work. The designer was fine and installation was great. We had four closet drawers installed in the bedroom and the bars and the shoe area on the left. We also had cabinets put in the garage. Everything was finished and done in two days.

I got a simple, tall closet from Closet World four months ago. They had some good pricing, and it was the main reason I made my purchase there. However, the measurement for the height of the closet was incorrect, so they had to get a smaller one and came back a few times to get it done. But I didn't have a problem with the installation crew. They were fine. Majority of the closet was done the first time around, but they came back twice. Once to bring the sliding doors, and then to fix some loose screws and other minor things.

I’m a builder for GreenTek and we've been using Closet World for 10 years now. We like their price and service. Their designers have been really nice and accommodating. They’re also pretty consistent. Everything went well with our experiences with them and we're pretty happy with how everything turned out.

I’m in a condo and one of my closets fell. I called California Closets but didn’t go with them. I then called Closet World and they had a person named Debbie come over. She was the designer and she made the closet in three parts. Each side was the hangers for the clothes and I told her I wanted a shorter width of the shelf and to put cubbyholes where I could put sweaters. Then we agreed with the price which was reasonable. Debbie rushed the closet for me, which was very nice but I fell ill and went in the hospital. So I was back and forth with Closet World. But they accommodated me before Christmas, which was very good.

The installation guy was very nice. He came in, did his job and got out. In fact, when he was hanging up the things where to put the hangers on, it was too tall for me. I told him I'll have to step on a ladder, and he adjusted it right away. He knew what he was doing. Everything else was perfect including the installation. My only problem was I didn't get my cubbyholes. The design Debbie made wasn't right. Debbie put the shelves and not the cubbyholes and I was too sick when the installation team came. I just told them to go ahead and work on the closet.

Closet World have the quickest install time over other closet companies so we got them to do four custom closets and a garage storage closet for us. In the beginning my contact with the designer were quite frequent. A little disappointed that there was no follow up especially since we had some issues and she told me that the installer would take care of it. We had come up with a couple of issues that would have been discovered when she was doing the measuring but unfortunately they were not. The guys had to come back another day because things had to be recut.

I'm a fundraiser and our whole thing is follow up, follow up, follow up and I realized in sales it's different but I think to keep a customer engaged with the company and having Closet World be top of mind when we're ready to re-do other parts of our house, follow up is always nice. "How does it look? Are you happy with everything?" It doesn't have to be phone call. It could be an email. But just let us know that we were more than an address on the roster. It was still $5,000 so discount, no discount, whatever because I believe everybody has discounts and deals and the competition is really great and what makes a difference is customer service.

A friend of mine who had some garage cupboards put in by Closet World told me about them and I had the same thing. I had four garage closets put in, and everything worked out fine. It took over a month to get them done. I would have liked it a little sooner than that but overall, I would still recommend Closet World.

Closet World was having a discount at around the same time that I was looking at doing some work on the master bedroom closet. There were wall units along both sides and another unit across the back. It's a combination of hanger bars, shelves, and cabinet with doors. The designer that came out here went through a lot of options with me, and I felt I had a lot of control over what was going on. I got what I was looking for and I got some good feedback for it. The installer was great, but there were two small pieces of metal missing that hold up one of the hanger bars. They sent me two male pieces so that didn't fix the problem. So I had to call two or three times before they sent me the right pieces. They were so slow but once I had the right pieces, it took me about 20 seconds to install both of them. It didn't require a big production. Now, I'm happy with it. If I had another closet to do, I would call them again.

I was gonna go with Container Store but then my contractor said the quality is better with Closet World so I tried them. I had closets installed in every bedroom. And in my extra room, I got an extra wall-to-wall closet, so I can put my shoes on. The designer designed some stuff for me and it was last minute. I told him I had to get back in my house and that he should go for it. But the design that he made for one of the bedrooms wasn’t feasible. When the installer came to put it in, it didn’t fit and it bulged. So he called his manager and they were like, “We just have to come out another day and fix it.”

The installer took that upon himself and said, “If I change this a little bit, if it's okay with you, then we don’t have to come out.” And he redesigned it and it was amazing. I was so grateful to him taking it upon himself because he wouldn't have to take extra hours and come back out again. However, we had a few cases that they didn’t have enough material for, so they said that they would come back and install, which they did. But they still missed one piece that they have not installed, but other than that, we're truly happy overall. They were really amazing. They got it done, there was no goofing around, and they were out of there. I would use Closet World again.

I had cupboards in my garage, cabinets in my living room that I'm turning into a craft room, and a closet and a desk in my smaller craft room done by Closet World. The installers were great but they had to come back out because somebody made a mistake when they were building them. The guy put it up and it looked a little funny, so we got it taken care of and they did it very quickly. Everything's great and I'm happy.

Closet World installed a closet in my home recently. I got the cedar lining and it would have been nice for them to explain to me that it was a very short sheet and where it should be within the closet. I'm not happy because it's not where my clothes are. It's more where my shoes should be. Then I forgot to order something so when I called back to see about checking into it, it took a couple of weeks to get a refund. But other than that, everything else was good. They were on time and they made sure I knew what time they were coming. I'd recommend them.

I had people from a number of companies come out, and the rep from Closet World seemed to work better with my wife. He was nice and informative, and had a good idea of what we wanted, so we ended up going with them. The installer came, knocked the job out, and left. He was quick and knew what he was doing. We had some cabinets and a small closet installed. It wasn't a big project, but it still cost a couple thousand dollars. But overall, the experience was short, sweet, and to the point.

Closet World was having a sale and we had them install a basic closet in the garage. Everything was good with the installers. The only thing that I didn’t like was since they don’t have a key, I told them to push the garage door button and hurry out of the garage. Instead of doing that, they closed the garage door and then left the door on the side open.

Closet World did an installation in my garage and it turned out beautiful. The designer was great, and the installers were even better. They were around all day, so we had more interactions with them. It was a great experience and we would recommend them highly.

The Closet World designer was great. I got an appointment by phone then the designer called me and we had a mutual time and she fixed everything for us. The installers came right when they're supposed to. They weren't able to finish on the same day but they explained to us what the problem was and they fixed it the next day. Overall, their service is excellent. I will definitely use them again.

I went online to see who were the top companies, and Closet World was one of them so I contacted them. I took out two little closets that came from IKEA and put in a whole wall of closets. And then, after Closet World was done with their job, I had them mirrored by a mirror company. So, now my whole wall is mirrors and I just press and they open up. On the bottom, there's also a drawer. I'm in a studio so putting the mirrors on it doubles the size of my studio. David, my designer, was fabulous and the installers were perfect. We're all good and finished. Closet World was great.

We had done a design in our old house so when we moved into the new one, we knew what we wanted and the process with Closet World was almost a repeat and it was perfect. The gentleman who came out was very friendly, talented, and competent. We scratched his design out and when he came in, it was perfect. We liked it so much that we did our garage after we did our inside. We recommend them.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.
  • Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.
  • One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.
  • Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.
  • Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.
  • Best for Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Closet World Company Profile