3.9/5 (1979 ratings)

About Closet World

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Closet World Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

NO. You DO NOT want to work with this company. I called during a holiday promotion and was excited to have two closets in our master bedroom done. The sales person who came out was friendly and responsive and designed a nice system for us. We ordered their "Legacy" system with smooth self closing drawers. Our installation was supposed to take 2 days. The day of installation the workers showed up after 3pm (on both days). We live in a condo (with an HOA) and all workers have to be off the premises by 6pm. At the end of the 2nd day the job was not complete. All the drawers were not installed, shelving not complete.

Further, we didn't receive the soft close drawers we requested. We were also charged for 16" shelves (for shoes) when we wanted 12." The change the shelves, they quoted a price of over $2000. When I called to explain the installation was incomplete they said they were booked and couldn't come out for another month! Both the phone rep and the manager was rude. We spent over $10K. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company. Seriously, shop elsewhere. Wish I had been wise enough to read review first.

Get buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

We had a Sale Person named Mark ** from Closet World in the West Hills area of CA. He performed the bait and switch. He gave us a price upon his second visit that did not provide all the options we asked for. He told us those options would be another $1,500. When he returned the 3rd time the price went up to $3,900 and did not include backs on the cabinets, which he said would be another $750 and that was not for full backs. I could tell, he was testing us on our threshold on the price. He said he would get back to us on a better price by Saturday and never would return with a price and ignored us. I finally, emailed him and told him we were going elsewhere. His response "Thank you for the update."

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

My name Sam & Laura **. DON'T GET SCAM FROM CLOSET WORLD. WILL TELL YOU 50% THE PRODUCT 10 WARRANTY STRONG WOOD. All lies. Worse cheap quality ever see. The salesperson his name Rayan we asked to do cabinet in Garage and pantry and walking closet. After installation the closet falling. I part cheap material. Too many mistake by salesperson. Did his own designed. We didn't for this. I paid $11000. Take from 50% deposit. Take him 2 months to comeback do the work.

The Installation person come. Said I can do any installation until I collected the other 50% by credit card. No one asked for full amount before finish the work. That mean know the Quality not as promised will be strong quality. For this product of wood not worse it this money. We called him to asked to fix these issues make it right. Customer services are bad. No one will help to send from to another person. No one resolved this problem. I will file lawsuit against this closet world. I will not let this go like this. Don't get Scam like me. I don't recommend anyone be aware from this company.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

WORST CLOSET COMPANY EVER! Would rate a ZERO if possible. The quality of materials and hardware is terrible. Within 10 days of installation, almost every drawer was falling out of the track/glides, which couldn't support the drawers. Called and they sent out service to fix, but drawers continue to come off the guides. When I spoke with service manager to request they replace the non-functioning guides with ones that would not come off, he said we'd have to "upgrade" for an additional $2,000 (~$155/per drawer; FYI, these "upgraded" guides cost about $20/drawer), after already spending over $13,000!! Will be reporting them to BBB. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM AND REGRET BUYING FROM THEM. Terrible company, terrible product, terrible service. Wish I had read reviews first!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Terrible experience with Closet World spent over $4000 in June on a closet system. We are on our 4th visit for someone to come out to finish the original installation and it is STILL NOT finished. They will sell you on a closet system, take your money at the first appointment then not complete the project and take months to come out for service appointments! Our original install was 8/31. Closet world has now come out 4 times to complete and still either install incorrectly or does not have the correct parts on each visit! We will be using another company hands down in the future! Also they come at whatever time they please and won’t tell you a “window” until the day before. Customer service reps are rude and not helpful!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I wish I had read some of the reviews before I signed a contract with them. Maureen, the sale person disappeared after she got our signature and credit card number. They have already charged the full amount and the work is not complete yet. They have installed Wrong size and defective panels and they refuse to fix it. I have disputed the charges on my American Express so far and I will place other posts with update about dealing with these crooks. Richard, their installation manager is also a jerk and does not know anything about customer service. Do not give them your credit card number if you decided to ignore all reviews and hire them or you will be sorry.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

They drilled through the wrong place and I am still waiting for them to reimburse us for the electrician. The Supervisor Robert was impossible to deal with and absolutely did nothing in the range of customer service or retention. Pray your install goes well because that bubbly best friend of a salesperson that first visited you ghosts you if the install goes wrong and calling for help to him/her is a joke. It took six weeks to get power back to our plugs and we are paying out of our own pocket for the car charger. They are overpriced, plywood cabinets, anyone can do it. I feel for their marketing and I feel like a schmuck. Trust me, try another vendor.

Original review: July 11, 2021

This company lacks customer service in full disclosure. They were several key considerations that were never shared with me until 48 hours for the installation. I had a difficult time getting a manager on the phone to complain about defective products that were delivered and installed in my master bedroom. The company transferred me several times. Once I spoke to an installation manager they assured me that the product would be replaced. A second service provider came out to my home on Friday, June 25, 2021. The installer arrived without any preparation, prior knowledge or products to resolve the issues with my original installation. The service was scheduled to remove the defective products and install new shelving.

Richard a manager in the installation department assured me that this issue would be resolved. Additionally the company charged my card without permission or final sign off for the remaining balance. The service provided by the Closet World is unacceptable and extremely disappointing especially given the fact that I spent numerous hours calling to speak with a manager and sending Richard photos of the damage products. Both installers agreed that the product is defective, the entire unit is off balance, drawers need to be replaced and adjusted correctly etc. The third installer missed a wall backing and I’m still left with a less than acceptable product and experience.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The representative looks semi professional, provides professionally printed glossy pictures and designs, but before signing and payment up front, be sure to read the fine print (strategically camouflaged, small print on yellow paper). The self presented designer, Deborah ** walks around with her checklist and estimates her design on number of walls, height, length, width; in my case, she obviously did not look up to see that the walls of the closet converge on one wall. Fortunate for the installer who upon inspection noticed that if shelving installed as designed, would block the right hand door entry to closet. Although the installer tried calling his own supervisor, he did not receive a response so I had to make the decision to not install right wall shelving.

After the install, I called Closet World 3 times, left messages with person answering, and yet, no one from Closet World made any contact, although, they did charge the full amount balance, $4,199 as stated. What makes me write this review, is that when I wrote a detailed letter to the supposedly “professional” designer, she has chosen to ignore and not respond to my grievances; I or anyone I know will ever do any business with Closet World, I would strongly recommend, buyer beware!

Original review: June 10, 2021

Cabinet was made way too small for the opening. So the installer added to the frame to make it fit. When I called Closet World I was told to speak to Diego in Installation. He didn’t return my call and when I finally reached him, he said I needed to contact the main office. They kept bouncing me back in forth. I called Pam the person who came out to measure and she didn’t return my call. If you are dissatisfied with your product, no one will help you. Very poor customer service and product. I do not recommend this company.

Closet World author review by Jessica Render

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Closet World Company Information