toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've had Closet World install a closet and garage storage and their designer knew her stuff. She oversaw the installation and they cleaned up good afterwards. They're a very professional group and I have already recommended them.

I heard that Closet World is a good quality company than the rest of the closet organizers. I thought, "Why will I waste my time looking for somewhere else cheaper?" Price-wise, they are a little higher but I'm looking for quality. So I called them and they came to my house. We had white laminate installed in my walk-in closet. The designer was very courteous, professional, and was able to give me a good deal. But I'm more impressed with the installer. He measured and installed the laminate in such a way that it's leveled and very clean. After that, he cleaned up after his mess. The owner called me after asking if I have any problems because they will come back if there's any. Excellent quality and service. Some of my friends came into my house and asked who did it. I said, "Closet World. Try it." So they will. I am happy and I find the experience very fulfilling. The design is good and I got what I want.

I had Closet World do my closet almost 10 years ago. This time I had them do closets, double-hangs, and shelves. The closets were for the bedroom and for the hallway. The designer was very nice and friendly. She was really thorough and measured all the potential rooms that I wanted work to be done. We prioritized on what needed to be done immediately versus those that I can do over the long-term. The installer was really professional. He did the work fast and was very clean. He was also good about recommending some stuff.

Closet World's price was very competitive. They gave me the 40% that was advertised. Also, because I was a repeat customer, there was an additional discount given. That was a nice touch. I was familiar with the product so I already knew what I was going to expect, and I'm happy with what I received. I have a couple of other closets that I need be done. It's really just a matter of budget and trying to get that done in a timely manner.

I had a garage cabinet built by Closet World last November and the installation crew that came out was good.

Closet World recently installed a bedroom closet for me. My family and I have been previous customers. The designer was good. Some of the paperwork may have been a little mixed up when it came to installation, but everything was fine during the design part. During the installation, that’s where the fun gets. Before they even got at my house, they called me and asked, “Are we coming to Lancaster or Whittier?” Apparently, my information on the application was not my address. They didn’t put it together. They called me and then they were supposed to be there between 9:00 and 11:00. They didn’t get there until like 12:30.

He got there and thought he was installing two closets, which only turned out to be one, but there were two designs because we redid the first design. But they had both designs as both being installed. Then he installed the closet and after he worked, he was in a hurry to get to his next job because he was late already coming to mine. He didn’t do a walk through with me. I just signed the papers and he was out the door.

I did the walk through and noticed a lot of gaps between the wall and the actual closet that they were supposed to caulk. The shelf and drawers were uneven. He also forgot to put the belt and tie rack. So, I called the installation number and so they connected me with the manager. He was very nice and very apologetic. I sent him the pictures I took to his email address. He said, “Okay. All they need to do is put some caulking in there and we'll bring out the stuff.” He couldn’t get anybody out until a week later, which I wasn’t happy about because all my clothes are on my bed.

Then he came that day and they didn’t have the tie rack and the belt rack. One of the shelves was too long so they had to re-measure it and said he would have somebody out the next day. On the third day, they came and he put in the belt rack which was supposed to be a belt and tie rack but at that point, I didn't dispute it because they're done. They re-measured the shelf and put another shelf in, did the caulking and adjusted stuff so it's done. They did due diligence and fixed it. He rushed through it. They put in a ballet rack and left the old shelf. The experience and spending that much money wasn't good balance out to me at this point, but overall, it's not all bad.

Closet World was the first closet company I checked and I liked what they were offering. I had them install a Master bedroom closet. I wanted to get another tie/belt rack put in the closet. I found out the tie rack was only $87 but they want to charge $100 just to come out and deliver it. I wasn't very happy about that because I gave a raving review and they can't just ship me one to put and install. So that's my main complaint. If you use them, you need to make sure you've ordered everything you want. You don't want anything extra because they're going to charge you more than what the products cost just to come out and put it in. If you spend $500, they'll come put it in for free but anything under $500, they'll charge you $100, which is crazy. But other than that, both the designer and the installer were fine and installation was on time. Everything else was fine other than the end result as far as wanting to add something.

Closet World did our regular closet but they're not done. The dimensions were wrong and they had to come back and redo it. It’s the same with the garage cabinets plus they didn’t put a door in and then the guy put Pledge all over it. It's streaky and awful because it's fake wood. I gave them something to clean up with but they never did and left. I'm not very happy, but I'm not sure what to do. On the other hand, the designer was fabulous and sweet. Pam worked with me with the concepts and it was great. She was communicative even the first time when the dimensions were wrong. She rectified the situation.

I had a Milena with drawers installed for the middle section of our pantry from Closet World. The designer was helpful, and told us what we were gonna get, but what we actually got was a little bit different. The first time they came out, the designer measured everything correctly, but whoever did the calculations, they were three inches off. And by the time they added all the panels, it was too big. They were gonna install it and cut it down to make it fit, and they were gonna add all these fascias but I told them, “No. I want it with the paper.” I was even arguing with the supervisor. It was the worst experience I ever had. In fact, I asked for my money back, and they told me they couldn’t return my money for my down payment because once I signed that contract, I had three days to get it back. But they scheduled me three weeks out and it was too far away from saying I can have my money back.

Before they even installed it, I called the 1-800 number and talked to the supervisors. I went back to Closet World to call the number, and it was the same people answering. They kept telling me I couldn’t get my money from before it was even installed. They promise you something and you don’t get it. And you can't even get your money back no matter how much you try. They should change their contract in a certain way. If you don’t get what you were promised, you should be able to get your money back. Also, they had to come back twice after the initial installation because it wasn't done correctly. So I'm very dissatisfied.

We had Closet World install closet organizers on two different closets. Their designer was fantastic. Our meeting and planning went well. Unfortunately, the installers hadn't finished building the closet when I called to verify on the installation. They were supposed to install for us on a Friday. I was expecting a phone call the day before to schedule everything because most places call to confirm, but I hadn't heard anything. So I called to make sure that everything was on track but they didn’t have us until the next Friday afterwards. Then I've taken vacation for that day to be there for them and there was nothing for it. They had to come out on a Saturday in order to do the install. They did the work a couple hours, and it was done well. Everything was as ordered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

I called Closet World and they made an appointment to come out. We had a couple of appointments, and they finally got down to a reasonable price. Their price was based on their quality of work. It seemed like it was going to be okay and it did turn out okay. So, I'm glad I chose them. I had garage closets put in. One set was swinging doors and the other three sets were sliding doors which worked out real nice and I'm pleased with it. I'm using it for storage, organizing, and throwing away stuff.

Installation worked out good. They gave me the timelines I'd pay for them. I still have 68 months before I get everything with it and that worked out fine. However, there was a mix up on the type of closet. The first half was correct and the second half was incorrect. So, they took them back and they called me back and set up another appointment date. And they were there on time and they completed the job. All their personnel did a tremendous job. They cleaned up and handled the product nicely. It was an excellent job and I would recommend them anytime.

I was disappointed with Closet World. I selected them because the lady that came here said that she can replace two doors in the closets installed out there in my garage. My car has bumped them and broke them. The lady also called up and claimed that they can replace the doors. But when the installers came, they said they couldn’t replace them. The installers were great but I was dismayed that they couldn’t do it. I really want those doors replaced. They said they didn’t manufacture the doors, but I was told before that they did. It’s from a company that Closet World have bought out.

Closet World was the only brand that we recognize, so we decided to see how much it was going to be. They put together a quote for us and we weren’t opposed to it, so we didn’t look elsewhere and went with it. We had a couple of variations of the quote, but we did not go with the cheaper. Thicker wood will look better so we decided to spend a little bit more. Although if the cheaper one was one that we felt looked better, we would have gone with that. We had them install drawers, hanging areas, shoe areas and the laundry basket hideaway. The designer was great. She was hilarious, very affable, and gave me the sense that she was trying to understand what we needed in the space provided. She gave us a lot of options and thoughts and I’m interested in her opinion because I’ve never done this. So, I told her that I needed her to tell us what we should do and we’d figure out what the pricing’s going to be. And she did all that.

They sent a couple of guys to do the installation and they were great. You could tell one of them was the main guy and one of them was the runner, and they’re great. Everything was good. There wasn’t any weirdness. No issues and no broken stuff. It took them a full day to install everything. At first, I was wondering why they showed up at 10:00 but it made sense. Their first stop was to get everything ticked and put in their truck all the materials. It was good and I’d definitely recommend them. Not everybody’s going to go out and spend that kind of money on a closet, but if they decide to do it, Closet World would be my recommendation.

I called Closet World and they were reliable. The closet was installed fast and it was a good experience.

We were looking online for different closet providers for a new closet and Closet World showed up. They came out one time, gave me a whole house price which was way too much money and that was one designer. Then they sent out another designer later on and we did one closet and that was okay. The interaction with the woman was alright and she seemed knowledgeable. However, the product was not as nice as what I was hoping it would be. It looked cheap to me like it was something from Ikea. I talked to them about it and they were shocked that I had that attitude towards it. For a closet that costs $4,000, I thought they'd give me a nicer product.

We used Closet World before in a house we bought about 10 years ago and they did a good job on that particular property, so we called them again recently to do two bookshelves and a closet in a spare bedroom. We had a couple estimates and theirs was a little higher than the other companies but they promised at the time that when they come and put it in, it would be about two hours and it would be over. The others companies were requiring a day or two.

Their designer is very nice. I told them that I wanted two bookshelves that were 72 inches wide or long and 42 inches tall. Everybody agreed that that was fine and it had to fit in a specific area. We had a whole TV set up and it had to fit into an end part. I'm a builder myself so I have some knowledge of how this stuff works. When they brought them, each bookshelf was about 2 and 3/8th inches too long so obviously, they did not fit. The guy that built or cut them said that the dimensions were always I.D. and I disagreed badly with him. Dimensions are always O.D. when it's got to fit within a confined space but he denied that that was the case.

Also, the installer had a finger he had cut off at another job and it was bleeding all over the materials. But he was a nice guy and he worked hard and that was not his fault. He ended up leaving the job that day and was called off the job to go to another space because they had mis-scheduled something. He came back the next day and scheduled a time to come in the morning and it was gonna take two hours. But he came back in about 5:00 in the afternoon and worked until 9:30 or 10:00 that night. He was trying to get them to fit when they were too big but he finally got them in. He cut the shelves here on our agreed dimension, put them back together and then installed them.

They're in there now and installed but they're not what we ordered because we had ordered them to be balanced. They're not because there are roughly two inches off of the inside of each cabinet, which puts the center brace not in the center anymore. The installer did a good job of cutting them back. The problem is instead of two hours, it took them six or eight and it was all after 6:00 in the evening. There wasn't anything they did that was right. I think that that's unnecessary and that was an infringement upon us. We paid top dollar and I didn't ask them for anything off.

We were not happy and the saleslady did not offer anything back. We'd already paid the guy. When he left, he was expected to bring back a check. What I probably should have done is just told him to go and I would deal with Closet World at that point. But he didn't do anything wrong so I went ahead and did it. We gave them a check that evening and we'll probably never use them again. We live up here in an age-restricted community. A lot of people are downsizing, moving into other houses up here and we have a lot of friends that put in stuff. If they want my business or my recommendations, they need to call me and make some kind of adjustment.

I got three other estimates and Closet World’s pricing was ultimately what made us go with them. Their designer was lovely and pleasant to negotiate with. She came to the house and she did the estimate right onsite. I had them installed a master closet system, so doors, shelf, and double hang for a walk-in closet. The delivery of the final product kind of exceeded our expectations. So even though we got a really good price, I don’t feel like the price is reflective of the quality. I think the quality exceeded that. My only disappointment was it looks like the old system that was in the closet was removed a little bit in haste. It also seemed that there were gouges and that stuff was just screwed in the wall. So I was really surprised by that. Still, I had a good experience with Closet World and I would recommend them. We’re also considering doing future closets with Closet World based on our experience.

We got two estimates for price comparison and eventually got Closet World. We had them install closets in three bedrooms. However, their products were mediocre. Material wise and workmanship, it was just average. When the closets arrived, they're brand new but they're chipped everywhere and it's got glue that has dried everywhere too. They also got all those glue marks outside the drawer that I had to wipe it down with Goo Gone. From the two price quotes I had, I took the cheaper one. I guess I get what I paid for. I spent close to $15,000 and I think the quality should be better, at least not chipped.

Selecting Closet World came down to price, ultimately. They were able to work with me a little bit on that so it's more economical for us. We got something similar quality for a better price. Their designer was very pleasant and personable. We talked back and forth a couple of times. She said, "Well, let me talk to my manager and see if we can get that down a little bit more for you if you're more comfortable with that." So, she worked with us very well. Everything went how Closet World said it would go and the installer was really great. Also, I'm happy with the product.

I knew Closet World was a big company and I had a discount voucher so I thought we'd go and see their work. Their designer was good. She came on time and she was nice. She just missed putting the backing of my closet on my drawers. It showed all the wires and it looks ugly when the guys were holding it. It was so difficult with wide open shelf without knowing there are wires without putting a backing. So I had to get them back. I had to argue with the manager, and I had to pay more money. I didn't like that.

I would have liked the designer to point that out or give me an option to say, "Do you realize all those wires are going to be showing when the shelves are put up?" It would've been nice to tell me instead of me seeing it all and saying to the guys, "Wait! This is unacceptable. This is how it is. If this is what you're delivering, take it back. I don't want it." But we sorted it and everything's fine in the end. Other than that, we had a good experience.

Closet World seemed the most reasonable in price and still had a quality product, so I had them install my master closet, as well as get an office done. Their designer came out and sat down with me and we went over drawings and measurements and had a whole lot of fun. She looked at everything and came up with the final drawing. It was very easy and simple, and she found what I needed. The installation people were amazing. They came in, put it all together, and cleaned up after themselves. My experience was seamless and everybody was very professional and helpful. I would definitely use them again.

There was a 40% off discount coupon and so I thought I’d give Closet World a try. Dealing with their saleslady was great. She was very helpful and knowledgeable. However, we were told that we’d have two installers and it would take two hours to install a whole closet system in our upstairs closet. Only one installer came and it took him four hours to complete the installation which didn’t sit well with us. But he completed everything successfully. Closet World is professional and their products are worth the value.

Originally we set up three appointments to come and give us an estimate and every appointment was canceled a couple of hours before because Closet World didn’t have people to come over. Then after we got the job going, they came and installed it. There was one drawer that was not fitting properly and they promised us that they would come within five days and fix it. The installation manager told us that it’s gonna take much longer than that. When we were not too happy, we were threatened by placing a lien on our house because they went and took the second 50% deposit even before they finished their job.

To us, the job is not complete until they replace the bad drawer but they went ahead and charged our credit card and I asked them why they did that. The installers were very nice and told us that we are not gonna get charged until we replace the drawer. We also haven’t signed that the job was complete and satisfactory. Then when the guys said that they already charged my credit card, I got very upset. I told them that I should call Visa and tell that the job is not complete. The installer said that if I do that, they’ll place a lien on our house. I said, “You must be kidding. So you have to get your money and we have to go after you for any problems.” That was not the deal and that was not the contract. But subsequently, I got phone calls from his boss who apologized about everything.

Even when they came to deliver the drawer, they gave us two different time frame and they kept changing the time frame. At the same time, my wife was staying home to accommodate the time that they gave us and they changed it twice that day so she ended up staying home six hours for the 10-minute delivery. They apologized again. They said they’re running behind. They didn’t have enough installers. So it was not a good experience. But the furniture itself was good.

It wasn't pleasant at all with Closet World. Before the work was accomplished, we had a lot of issues just to get it done. We lost days of work. Everybody was sick. There was no Plan B. It's like the organization is not structured to face any of these changes. Then they said they were covering all the houses, but not mine. When I said, "Okay. If you cannot meet the expectation of that Wednesday, can you do the job on Friday?" They said, "No, because we already have other jobs scheduled." But they have mine scheduled, too. So, I was put at the end of the list, and then I needed to take another day off. Nobody's going to cover those days and I have work... I probably won't call again. It had always been so pleasant, with the exception of this time when the entire process was a disaster, although the job itself was well accomplished.

I went through Closet Design the first time I had my closet set up, which I found out was Closet World. Then I went to Closet World the next time I had the second closet done because they had an ad out. The guy who came out that built the closet was a foreigner and he sucked. He came there and he didn’t have the right part. He said that was because of whoever sets up the part. So, he had to come back on Saturday and what I felt would take four hours took over eight hours and it was very grueling. And then he put a divot in my ceiling carrying the stuff and it was not very pretty.

I reached out to customer service and they reimbursed me for the divot and I moved on from there. But the designer was fine that’s why I asked for her again the third time I needed a closet. Then the person the third time just came in and did it. He installed the units and was gone like the first time. So I had three closets from them.

We went to the Container Store and found their items to be comparable in value but pricier so we went with Closet World. There was one time that the closet designer came and my husband didn't tell me about the appointment. She came 15 minutes early and I had told her to wait because I have to take my daughter's friend home after their playdate. She was very upset and instead of waiting and having it work out for everybody, she left. It was really rough.

Then, there were some changes that needed to be made. My husband noticed something about the measuring so there needed to be a change order. She came and told us she's getting in trouble because of all the change orders. She also said we're making her uncomfortable about it but it wasn't our fault. They were because her measuring was inaccurate. Also, we've never done Closet World so we had a couple of change orders naturally because it was hard to look at the blueprint and understand what was happening.

She was not pleasant at all. I think she tried her best and her knowledge was good but she seemed really rough and not good with people. But it wasn't horrible. There were things I liked about her but there were some things that were little rough that made things a little uncomfortable. But aside from that, I really liked her. She worked very hard with all the changes and having to come out a few times and I understand her frustration. There is a fondness that I had towards her and I might use her again but it should be pointed out to be a little nicer to the customers.

But the installation was amazing and I would refer them. They did a little bit of the office and we also got a vanity area, a his-and-hers closet and pretty much the whole bedroom. They came in when I want them to come and they were professional, nice and courteous. They got everything done and I love the quality of the closet that they made. There's also a belt rack that was supposed to be here but there's no rush. Overall, I would definitely recommend them.

Closet World is quick, competent, and a pleasure to work with. Their designer came over to my house and measured both areas that I was looking to have done. She’s nice and polite. She also did good measurements and listened to what I had to say about what I was looking for. The walk-in closet with shelving in the master bedroom was installed quickly and done correctly. I also had closet shelving installed in another bedroom but I thought the closet doors were put in backwards. I also just recently wanted to get additional shelving and that was probably two years after I had it done. They were able to cut the shelves to size and I was able to go pick them up, which I thought was nice.

I got an estimate from Closet World for a closet that was installed in our bedroom. My first interaction with the designer went well when she came in to give us the design. I like the color, which she got right, and most of the material. On the second one, it wasn’t as good because we had complaints about how the closet was installed. We had to contact her to have her explain as to why she designed it the way that she did when we had specifically told her how we wanted it. Also, I didn’t care for the installation guy since he seemed like he didn’t want to work. The first time he came, we had issues with how everything was gonna be installed, and he broke it down to us, which seemed like he was on our side, but seemed like he didn’t want to work and he didn’t work that day.

The general manager was cool but couldn’t work a deal with us if we redid the whole closet. We would have had to purchase the whole thing over again because everything had already been custom-made, and they weren’t giving us the leeway. Two weeks after the tech first came, he was back and he was gonna install it but it was raining really hard and again, it seemed he really didn’t want to come in. I said that I’ve been waiting for the appointment for three weeks and that my next appointment would be another three weeks and I don’t want to wait because my clothes are in boxes. The third time he came back was probably the most pleasant because all he had to do was change the jewelry box. I needed that pretty quick and he left. So, I didn’t have a pleasant experience with him too. I actually want other closets done, but I’m definitely not gonna go with Closet World.

The designer from Closet World was great. She's been doing this for so many years so she's a seasoned pro. I pointed the picture in the ad that I found them and told her I wanted it but that doesn't mean it applies to the room that I'm putting it in so she drew my comments in front of my face. She also asked questions about things that I want and I added more things. She did it so quickly and you could tell she was really experienced.

Then, the installation team was awesome. The foreman called for an appointment and I took a date but realized that I will be having back surgery then so they worked with me. He called me back to tell me about an earlier opening they had and that if my husband is available to clear things up, he'll send me the best team, make the change and that there's no fee. There were two of them and they showed up on time. They were really professional and they were considerate of our home. I also talk to them throughout the day and they're really friendly. They answered all my questions because I wanted to make sure certain things will be supported and they showed the process.

Also, they did everything. We built a small office and they wiped down and tracked everything. They even laid things out on the garage floor because they put their materials on it. Where they did the work, they had it covered and they built it beyond what I expected. I have high standards and they met them all. So I was really happy. In fact, I will be using them again to do my master closet.

My wife saw Closet World in one of those flyers that came to our house and so she chose them. They came out, designed a desk and built it. It's really good quality and a pretty big desk. It goes all the way up to the ceiling and it took them three or four hours tops to build it. The only thing that I had an issue with was it being a little bit too high. I just wish when they came out to do the measurements, they would have been a bit more thorough on taking the height of the desk. Ideally it's one or two inches shorter. I was going to have it lowered and they were willing to come out and lower the desk but I was a little bit concerned about pulling the desk apart and afterwards have issues. So, I decided to go with the solution that I discovered and that was buying a stool from Amazon for that office desk. But, it's fantastic that they were willing to do that. In that regard, they are a really great company.

Everybody live that I dealt with from Closet World was wonderful, but their customer service had an attitude. Other than that, everything else was great. I got a closet and the installation team did good. They had to take out some of my stuff and left that on the side of the house, but other than that, it was cleaned up.

I was shopping around looking to kind of do the closet myself. Then I decided to bring them in, and they came in with a competitive price. It was a walk-in closet that they set up and then something in the living room for adding more storage on the wall. Their designer was okay throughout the process. However, I still got some issues with the installation. Something’s a little bit out of whack so I've sent something off to the local office to see if I can get the door lined up. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I had built a walk-in closet that I haven't had properly outfitted and so I was trying to figure out when and who to hire to do it. And then Closet World had a 25% off at the beginning of the year and it was what I needed. It was perfect. The designer was very knowledgeable and she helped me design my closet. She also gave me a lot of good feedback 'cause I wasn't sure what I was doing. And then the installation experience went well. The installers came when said they were going to and got it done quickly. And then I had a hamper which came down and opened up and one of the arms broke off. They gave a seven-year warranty so I called them and they fixed it. Overall, I was pleased with the installation process.

I got one more estimate aside from Closet World but Closet World was lower. Their price was good so we had them install a closet for us. Their designer came and did the estimate and the drawings. Their installer was very professional. However, they had to come change the handles on some of the drawers because they weren't what I had ordered. Nevertheless, that process was quick. Overall, they did a good job.

I've used Closet World before to redo my bedroom closet. This time, I got two estimates for another project and Closet World seemed more convenient. It was also about the same price and I need to get it all done in one day and on my day off. The designer made the measurements but they were off. To go by the measurements that she quoted, I would have to redo my floor. She didn't let me know that it was what's gonna happen. I was gonna see to my concrete for about 3 inches which they told me when they came out to put it in. I didn't know I would have to go back and re-measure her measurements. That's what having a designer is for and then they were gonna charge me more.

The manager I talked to was not very professional at first and he was not very helpful. He put me through it for 45 minutes but it's all fine and it worked out. Also, the installer was great and he fixed everything for me. All in all, I'm happy with it. I got my linen closet replaced a second time and it's fine. I would recommend them to a friend because I'm happy with the outcome.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.
  • Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.
  • One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.
  • Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.
  • Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.
  • Best for Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Closet World Company Profile