Call toll free
3.92/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Organize your entire home with Closet World. Our large selection of finishes, colors, and accessories help you achieve total home organization that is both functional and appealing. We offer unique designs for every room including closets, pantries, garages, home offices and laundry rooms along with a selection of wall beds and flooring to complement your home.

Serving California & Nevada

Fully Insured (GCL/WC) Bonded (CB/PB) Lic CA #631369, #767419, NV #51301

Closet World Video
Closet World Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1902 Closet World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 16, 2019

A friend of mine recommended Closet World to me. I had them do plain white cabinets in my garage. Their designer was great. However, the installers were a little annoyed as they didn't have more space to work with. They measured one of cut corner wrong so they had to come back and there were some coordination that got the installation delayed. Then, the hole they cut on the back of the cabinets where there was electrical wasn't done very great. It was like they sawed it off. But overall, the product is about what we expected.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Closet World has a really nice ad on the very front cover of the paper. I tried before with them to get an estimate on inside the house with some stuff and I wasn’t satisfied. I compared it to Home Depot and it was a little less but they couldn’t install it. It would be more expensive. I ended up having a neighbor friend install it for me and it was beautiful. The next time around, I checked Closet World again and went with them for a garage project.

My designer was wonderful and I was very pleased with her. She was very thorough and she came back a couple of times to re-measure. She had it out the way I wanted it. But I don’t think the designers and installers talk to each other. The installers did it another way. The big thing was the platform. I was told theirs are hung and I figured out that’s attached to the wall somehow. But I wanted a platform underneath because we have earthquakes. The designer knew exactly what I wanted, and she put it all down on paper. It was all there on every single page.

I asked the first installer when he was here if he wanted me to make a copy for him so he could have a bigger copy. He told me he had one but his was a shrunk down copy. The platform thing was not in his copy or he didn’t even look at it. But he knew something was up partway through. I asked if he was gonna finish the underneath and he said yes. In the end, he said he didn't put the one cabinet in as there wasn’t room. They'd come back Monday and install it. He asked me to sign all the documents. I was sick and I signed like a fool. They left afterward.

But when I looked, there was nothing underneath. There was no kickplate. At the very beginning, I told the designer that I'm gonna be an old lady soon. I'm already 71. I wouldn't want to be bending over with a broom trying to clean the dust and the leaves that might go in from when I open the garage door. It was supposed to be perfectly sealed. They told me they didn't do it that way. Since the right and the left hand don’t talk to each other, it would be a good idea that the designers have some idea of what the installers consider and don’t consider. There should be no condescending statements like, “She doesn’t know what she's talking about. She's a designer.” That type of thing is not necessary.

Within 72 hours, I called Closet World and I told them I had some issues. For one, their people were supposed to be here by noon, 10:00 to 12:00, but they showed up around 12:35. They were here until after 7:00 at night. It was a long time. I also told them I didn't want the first guy that was here as I didn’t feel comfortable with him. They sent somebody else that was really great. He installed the last cabinet. They couldn’t do the platform, though. We walked and talked through it. I'm ending up with legs and a fascia board for a kickplate. They're coming to fix what didn’t get finished and I feel good about it now.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Closet World has done closets and garage storage for us. I was a repeat customer and their coupons were certainly an incentive. Their designers were salesy but they listened well to what I was looking to do and were flexible in terms of being able to put together something that worked for us. The most recent designer we worked with was a very delightful person but she was not very organized in terms of getting the designs and she messed up on the quote. The installers did a great job but there were a couple of things that needed fixing. They needed a bit of supervision but it was more of a quality control type of thing.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Closet World does a very good job in marketing their pictures. I got one of their printouts in the mailbox which showed a couple of pictures of what they could do in the garage or in the closet and it's pretty impressive. I had them install a closet. I worked with Joe and he worked really well. The closet looks good, but not great for $3,500. But the thing that threw me a curve ball was that I was under the impression that I could have on my side of the closet a shoe rack that would hold six shoes all the way across with no interruption and they couldn't do that. Joe explained to me that the way their shelves are made, they have to have a divider. So, I went with it and they did that. Now, I have three on one shelf and two on the other shelf next to it as opposed to six shoes all in one row. Joe made it all okay. He was good.

Original review: March 4, 2019

My experience with Closet World went well. Everyone I dealt with was personable, friendly, helpful and courteous. I had them install shelves, walls, top drawers, and a closet. It only took them about six hours to install it. Their designer was great. I recommended her to a friend who also made a purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: March 2, 2019

What we got wasn’t what we expected... We got our installation but what they advertise is false representation... There is work to be done beforehand and work to be done after that is not explained. I thought we were paying the price to have a nice closet completely done but that was not the case...so left us with work to be done.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I liked Closet World's price and their advertisement for the personnel. So, I hired them to install closets and a sliding door in the garage and in my kid's room. Their designers were okay and the quality of their installation team's work is not bad. But when they came out, they forgot to bring the sliding door and the panel. So, we ended up waiting another month for those orders and until now, the project is not yet complete. Other than that, the closets look very good and I like them.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have used Closet World years ago and we liked their work. We got nice results and it was good value. Because we had a good experience with them and they have promotions, we used them again. The designer was great. The installation was also good. The guys were very professional and nice, and we fully trusted them.

We ended up doing five closets and I appreciated that Closet World worked with me when I had to reschedule a bunch of times. When you’re building a house, things don’t always go as planned, and Closet World was really reasonable. Then, when something didn’t come over correctly, they were on it. And, they kinda followed through themselves. Also, the closets are just what we needed and they seem well-made. They're good value, too. They're perfect for what we were shooting for in the money we were willing to spend. Overall, it was a good experience with Closet World. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Closet World is advertised all over the place and I liked the pricing that I got. I had them install two large garage storage units. The designer was very helpful, friendly and efficient. The installation team was great too. I had one bent door attachment, hinge, and they came back to replace it, and realized that that whole unit was not hung level, so they're coming today at 11:00 to rehang it. They're efficient, fast and friendly and I'm satisfied with the finished product. I was a little disappointed that they didn't hang it exactly level. But they discovered that themselves. I didn't even notice it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Closet World had a good deal going on. I had them install a basic closet with shelves for me in my master bedroom. Their designer was pretty quick and he knew what I was looking for. Also, their installation guy and his crew were professional.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had Closet World do closet organizers in two closets, and closet doors on three closets. The designer was great. He helped me through the process and explained what was available, and it was all good. He was sort of new, but he was fine in terms of knowledge. The installation of the system was great and the installation team was really nice. The only minor complaint that I have is that they were not totally clear about some stuff. They would have to take the system out, so I wasn’t prepared to have it painted. although they were expensive, I would definitely recommend Closet World. They did a great job, and it was convenient and easy. So, from that standpoint, it was worth the money.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We saw what Closet World was offering, and we wanted to get an estimate from them. The designer was awesome. We were impressed with her communication. She was on time and willing to listen to what we wanted. And based on that, she was able to design the closet that we were looking for. We had a pantry and two closets installed and the installation was great. The timing was perfect. The quality is really good, too. The The gentleman who came in did an awesome job communicating, and did the installation at the time they said it was gonna take. He was also very clean and professional.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

A lady from Closet World called me, came to my home and provided me with good information. I trusted her went with their company. However, one piece was wrong. They brought it thereafter but then delivery took more than one month. Also, the they didn't have the color I wanted. Still, other than those issues, everything was as they told me. When people see Closet World's product, they will know it's of good quality.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Closet World had a good promotion going on. I had two of my closets done in my place in Beverly Hills. It was very specifically organized to what we needed for the specific clothes, shoes and accessories that were going into those closets. The designer, Liz, was amazing and the best. She was very personable and knew what she was doing. She was super organized. I’m also very organized and she gave me some ideas that I hadn't originally thought of, and I welcomed that. She was easy to work with and was great across the board. The installation experience was also great and the installers were fantastic as well. It was a very easy transaction with Closet World.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I saw the ad of Closet World on the side of their truck and I just snapped a picture. Then my neighbor three doors down said he was very happy with the closets in his garage. He said that I should give Closet World a call and that's what I did. The designer I worked with was very courteous. And while he was good, my wife got a bit upset over the price. It was a little bit too high. Other than that, their wooden material is good and we're okay with the cabinet that I have in my garage.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

The design process with Closet World was fine, but the execution is another story. A salesperson came out and we walked through our needs and designed the closets together. Two of the three closets were straight forward, but the third one was to be constructed in the space where there was an existing master bedroom closet that had to be deconstructed first.

There is a major disconnect between the sales process and the actual installation work. When the crew tore out the old closet, of course, there were all these unfinished millwork and evidence of things being torn out. There were areas where the old wood wasn’t painted but were not gonna be covered by the new closet system. It was a surprise to me when the crew told me that they don’t paint and patch where the old stuff was. I was under the impression I was gonna get a finished closet. The sales person did not address the millwork and other issues that would need to be taken care of, which I learned would be my responsibility. So, I had to bring in my painter and millwork guy to come in and essentially fix this.

I placed special orders for handles, but the installers arrived with completely different handles. I also had a jewelry drawer with the little acrylic jewelry slot which they didn’t put in. They also came in with two 36-inch drawers when I was supposed to have four 18-inch drawers. Every day I was telling them that what they were doing was not following the plan. Then the installer would look at the plan and say, “Oh, yeah. You’re right.” But he wasn't even looking at the plan.

With the closet in the laundry room, the installer said that the counter had to be raised above the existing baseboard. So, basically, it pushed the whole height of the bottom bank of cabinets up four inches. Instead of it being the standard 30-inch height, it ended up being 34 inches high. It is higher than what I like it to be. But we just decided we would leave it that way.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Closet World put in a closet in my bedroom. The lady that came out was odd and I got the impression from her that the closet was half the price. Also, I didn’t realize there were different options, but the installation was fine and what Closet World did was very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Closet World delivered a lovely bed on the 26th of December, and I was pleased for what they did at my house. There was some damage at the top of the Murphy bed, which they sent someone out to fix. But I’m waiting for them to send someone to replace the top portion and I haven’t heard from anybody. When you see that your product is damaged, don’t ignore it like you didn’t see it. Acknowledge it right there. I shouldn’t have to go in and then just discover it. I didn’t like that. Other than that, everything was okay. I dealt with Cheryl throughout the process ad she was very nice. I was pleased.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I used Closet World before for a large closet. I got them again to install two closets for a different home. They had the designer come out and took suggestions well. She was very professional and did a good job. I pretty much laid it out and they did a thorough job checking everything. They then scheduled the installation. There was a mess-up where they didn’t understand one of the cabinets, but they rectified that. It took us longer, but the finished product is very good. Initially, they wanna charge me more money, but then they thought about it and decided not to charge me. I was very happy with it. So I would use them again and I would recommend them.

It is very important that they have a lot of good communication between the designer and the people that come out and build the product because they’re not built in the factory. So it is very important that the designer have a little more thorough understanding of exactly what the process is. There can be a lack of communication that way between those two entities. It doesn’t seem like the designers really see the product or understand that they aren’t part of the process as much. But overall I was glad with my experience.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I got Closet World to install three walls of shelves and drawers in a closet. The designer was a very nice lady but she must’ve been new ‘cause it took 4 hours to do it. The installation was excellent and Eddie did a great job. He was professional and fast. However, the installation overlapped so part of the shelves and drawers are unusable. I spoke to the manager and he asked why they should come back and fix that when I already signed off on the original design. I told him that I signed off on the original design because I thought it would be functional. They wanted me to pay more for them to come back and fix it and I wasn’t nice in my response. Overall, it’s embarrassing for them and the service was awful.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had a garage in Los Angeles that was done by Garage Envy. I called them, but they said that they were no longer in existence and that they've been bought out by Closet World, so I called Closet World. We did the garage with the slat boards, so I could hang all my tools and golf clubs. The Closet World designer came out and measured everything, and we installed the part.

I decided I wanted more, so I called him back out and he came out and measured the second time for an additional slat board, and we did it that way. He was very good with whether we should cover a certain area that was around the water heater. He told me that he wouldn't do that as it was too intricate. He also said I didn't need to do it. So, I took his advice. Even so, their installers were very good and clean and they swept up, so I was happy with them. I’ll use them again for sure. I was very pleased with my experience with Closet World. Somebody was at my house last weekend and they were admiring the garage. They asked me who did it and I told them I had it done by Closet World.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I've had closets done by Closet World five years ago and I was really happy with the layout. I always hear about them too. Recently, they did my master bedroom walk-in closet and then they did my daughter's closet as well. Their designer was amazing and she was really knowledgeable. She put a design for me and she told me what she could do based on the space and what would be the most maximized space. I gave her some ideas and she guided me through which was really helpful. But I wish the shelving that went in the closet would have been turned the other way, so I could look at it front facing versus side facing. It's hard to look at whatever I have stored there. Other than that, I liked the finished product.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I thought that Closet World was the company that I used in my house in Lockeford but it turned out that it wasn't. But when I talked to them, their sales rep was very nice and very good. Then, when it came to installation, my experience was terrible. They ripped up my walls, which still need to be repaired, and when they put in the closet stuff, the closet drawers themselves were backordered for three weeks. And it's been downhill from there.

I contacted them and they're aware of the problems. I want them to fix my wall board. I did one section and it's just too much work. I had to retexture and repaint, and that's just one section. The whole perimeter of the closet is damaged as well and it's a pretty big closet. They ripped out the boards that there were initially and I didn't know why they didn't trim them in.

They started with the installation a couple of months ago and I called the company after seeing the damage to the wall boards and to the walls themselves. And they said that was their best installer. But I told them that he wasn't. And when he came back, he said I did a good job on the one section I repaired. I showed him the others and when I asked him what he thought about them, he just shrugged his shoulders. Then, when he went back three weeks later to put the drawers in, the shelving was still up on top of the top ledge. When I asked him about it, he said that that wasn't theirs. But I told him it wasn't mine either. He ripped out my original standing shelving thing and there was no way that the one there belonged to me. So then, his assistant got in and pulled it up the top part and installed it.

So, it's been a really bad experience and I'm very dissatisfied. I wish I never hired Closet World. I also called the designer that was the subcontractor for them to let her know where I stand and she haven't responded to me. But they will when they don't get paid for $3,500 worth of work. I called my credit company and I'm disputing the charges.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I used Closet World several years back. At that time, they did a fantastic job. Then, I used them again around the 1st of December and was disappointed with their work. I had them refill shelves in an existing open closet and had the bathroom cabinet removed and replaced. On paper, everything looked good and I was impressed. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have signed up on it.

But in the bedroom closet area, I was anticipating that it was gonna be a platform that would be put under. Instead, it was just some pieces of particle board they put to substitute for the platform. They also made some holes in the wall that they didn’t fix. And I didn't like the way that they had anchored the closet. Then in the bathroom, I was thinking there would be an additional shelf that was supposed to go up, but there was not. I could not blame the installation team because I understand that they are working for the company. They had limited material that they brought out with them. However, I'm disgruntled with my experience with Closet World.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Closet World did two jobs for me and I was happy with them. However, I have a terrible experience in this third time that I'm working with them. The designer was fine and she's a very nice lady. A professional person also did the measurements. On the day of installation, I already had the closet so the doors were installed but everything is crooked. The building is old and built in 1956 so there might be some settlement and the building has probably offset. Still, the way the door came out is terrible and there is a one-inch gap at the top of the closet door versus the bottom. I've reached out to them but the installation manager hung up on me a couple of times. I also contacted the sales manager but he did not answer the phone. They’re not doing anything, so I’m putting this to dispute with my credit card.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We scheduled a date for Closet World to come, which was before Christmas. There was a three-hour window, but they kept me waiting for six hours and they didn’t even let me know. I had to reschedule my whole day for that. They finally showed up to do the closet, and apparently, they hadn’t measured right or brought the proper supplies, so they had to leave and told me that they were gonna come back the next day.

They said they were gonna be there first thing in the morning to get the closet done, so I called at 9:30 because they opened at 9:00 and they said that the workers were just gassing up the car and they were on their way. Six hours later, they were still not there. They didn’t show up at all. On the second day, I was waiting for six hours a second time and I had called at 9:30 that morning, as well as at 10:30, 11:00, and 12:00. By 2:30, I told them that I had to get out of the house and go. They didn’t come anyway. I asked what happened and they told me that they forgot.

Christmas was coming and I had guests coming, but there was no closet for them because Closet World already ripped off the old closet. We attempted the third time, which was after Christmas. It was for a Thursday and they called me on Wednesday and said that they were gonna see me on Friday. I told them that we scheduled for Thursday and that I couldn’t do it Friday. I have clients on Friday and I was not gonna reschedule and lose money again because I had two problems already. They said that they would come on Thursday and they did.

I thought they were gonna get to finally finish the closet after three times. One of the particular boards on the floor had cracked, but the worker didn’t have another one. They were supposed to put little pieces of wood at the very bottom, which hides stuff like where we keep the shoes. It was just a couple of inches and they didn’t have any of that. I told them that we were done, and I didn't sign the paper.

I’ve spoken to American Express and told them not to pay the other half. Closet World had received the half upfront and that it was all I was giving them. The job still isn’t finished. The closet is a workable closet, but there is one board that was cracked and there are also small pieces of wood that are missing at the bottom. I’ve used Closet World before and I’m a long-term customer. I did my master closet several years ago and I did a second closet a few years ago, and there was no problem. This time, however, I have a problem and never will I use them again.

We had two sliding closets installed in my second bedroom. It was the same color and it is some sort of a laminated particle wood that matched the other closet they had done to me in the past, which is why I used them again. The designer was very nice, but the people on the phone didn’t seem to care. There were no apologies. If you have a window of time, then you have a window of time. If they can’t honor that, then they need to change the policy. To this day, I still haven’t received an apology and they never even explained to me. It has been a horrible experience for a project that was supposed to take one day, which became three days and there was gonna be a fourth time as they need to finish the mistakes that are still there.

I got some information from some of the workers that were coming to the house. They had a 50% promotion in December, which was the month that I used them. However, they booked too many jobs and they didn’t have enough workers, so I got jilted. A lot of people probably wanted it to get done before Christmas, but Closet World didn’t have enough workers. The person at Closet World told me that they were giving me a discount because of all these hassles. I asked how much, but he would never tell me. I’ve already lost money. My guests didn’t have a closet to put things and I’m sitting here like an idiot for two days in a row for 12 hours. They sent a guy that had a flu and he was coughing all over. I asked him why didn’t they see that he had a flu. The guy said that he wanted to be at home, but Closet World sent him anyway because there was nobody else.

The workers also left a mess. They left pieces of wood all over the place. Also, they left the front door open at the building, but I have them the security code, even though it is illegal. I got some flak for that from my neighbors. The workers also left a mess in the elevator as well as in front of the building, and my neighbors were upset by that. One of my neighbors called Closet World because the workers left a piece of paper on the front bench of the building with my name on it that said, “Closet World.” I will never need to use them again if I replace the closet years from now. I won’t use them again because of the experiences that I’ve had.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I have worked with Closet World before and I have friends that worked with them too so I went with them again for convenience. I had them install the shelf and another closet with doors in plain white in a bedroom. They were new. But the one I did two years ago, I wasn't very happy with the quality. They were supposed to come and fix it but nobody came. The 7-year warranty is not true. It doesn't do anything. Nevertheless, the construction team was good. Two people came out. It was a big job so it took them almost the whole day. Everybody's friendly, professional and fast. I would recommend Closet World.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

The designer came and looked at the closet. She was really nice and good. I negotiated with her on the price and she listened to my needs. She also called her manager because she wasn't sure whether the price was negotiable. Eventually, I had Closet World install some drawers and shelves in the closet so I can hang my clothes. The installation was quick and I interacted well with their crew.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The rep from Closet World showed up in my house on time for the consultation and walked me through the whole thing, and I appreciated that. We got shelves and hangers in our closets installed by Closet World. The designer I worked with was good and easy-going and the people were willing to help. They showed up on a couple of different days and installed. The installation that went on for two days went smoothly and there were no major issues. The end-product also looks nice.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I had bars and shelves installed in a hall closet. We also had work done for the master suite closet, to organize stuff and make it a little bigger. We did bars, shelves and a shelf on the bottom for shoes. I went through three Closet World designers and the last one was awesome so I did it. Also, I wasn't ready before. It was too soon because we were moving and I wanted to get moved in to see what I actually needed. Then they came back out. We were negotiating price and it all worked out.

Everything went fine with the installation. The installer needed space and he wasn't told that I had a condo. He thought it was a home so he was a little put out. But we figured out a space for him to cut and saw. It was good. He did half of the hall closet in about three and a half hours and he was good. He was by himself too. The final product works fine and is sturdy. The quality is good and what was expected. I would refer Closet World. Clients just need to be prepared for when they come out for installation, in terms of what they need to make sure of.

Closet World expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

• Best for: Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Closet World Company Information