toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've had Closet World install a closet and garage storage and their designer knew her stuff. She oversaw the installation and they cleaned up good afterwards. They're a very professional group and I have already recommended them.

I heard that Closet World is a good quality company than the rest of the closet organizers. I thought, "Why will I waste my time looking for somewhere else cheaper?" Price-wise, they are a little higher but I'm looking for quality. So I called them and they came to my house. We had white laminate installed in my walk-in closet. The designer was very courteous, professional, and was able to give me a good deal. But I'm more impressed with the installer. He measured and installed the laminate in such a way that it's leveled and very clean. After that, he cleaned up after his mess. The owner called me after asking if I have any problems because they will come back if there's any. Excellent quality and service. Some of my friends came into my house and asked who did it. I said, "Closet World. Try it." So they will. I am happy and I find the experience very fulfilling. The design is good and I got what I want.

I had Closet World do my closet almost 10 years ago. This time I had them do closets, double-hangs, and shelves. The closets were for the bedroom and for the hallway. The designer was very nice and friendly. She was really thorough and measured all the potential rooms that I wanted work to be done. We prioritized on what needed to be done immediately versus those that I can do over the long-term. The installer was really professional. He did the work fast and was very clean. He was also good about recommending some stuff.

Closet World's price was very competitive. They gave me the 40% that was advertised. Also, because I was a repeat customer, there was an additional discount given. That was a nice touch. I was familiar with the product so I already knew what I was going to expect, and I'm happy with what I received. I have a couple of other closets that I need be done. It's really just a matter of budget and trying to get that done in a timely manner.

I had a garage cabinet built by Closet World last November and the installation crew that came out was good.

I had Closet World install a closet organizer in one of our bedrooms. We had some water damage so they were replacing an existing unit. I first called their competitor and got a competitive quote then called them after seeing them in a newspaper ad. They beat the price and that was it. I also found out other people that I knew that had used them as well.

It was convenient that their designer lived in our town and she just came over. She seemed very knowledgeable. They knew exactly what they needed to do and what the style was. Also, I was surprised that they only sent one guy to do the whole installation by himself but he did a heck of a job. I was really impressed with him.

I gave Closet World a call because they were offering a 40 percent discount. The designer was very helpful and she definitely produced the 3D diagram of what they were going to do. Unfortunately, it wasn't really true to size when they came and installed it. The measurements were a little bit off. What they installed was a little bit different from what was offered. But other than that, she was very helpful and forward as to what they are going to provide.

The installer was great and helpful. He was very knowledgeable of the product and got it done within a reasonable amount of time and definitely picked up after themselves. There were a couple of components that I had them not installed because it was different to the size that was given to me in the actual diagram. That was a belt organizer and a tie organizer. I got a follow up call from the installation supervisor because I wrote a review telling them that I was a little unhappy as to the material that was provided on the installation. I think they should definitely provide additional information as to the type of material they have to offer.

I've had Closet World install simple closet organizers in our master bedroom. Their service outpriced me doing it by myself. I've had their designer out here and we talked through it, then had her come out a second time in order to make some adjustments in the layout. During the installation, they got here a little early, which was nice, and got through with the installation quickly with no mess. The installation crew was courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. It has been an easy experience with them, with quality product and great outcome.

Closet World’s designer was on top of things, and she helped with the design of the projects which all worked out really well. I already have two experiences with them, one of which is the installation of a Murphy bed in one of our bedrooms. The installation of the two projects have been smooth, finishing in five to six hours.

I tried Closet World after I saw my neighbor and some of my friends using their products. With a designer, I designed a closet for the master bedroom, which has a dresser, three to four drawers, shelving and sections for long gowns. The designer was very patient and took time to walk me thorough the process because I kept changing my mind. I would recommend them to anybody, especially after making a walk-in closet into a quality, spacious one. I'm looking forward to get another closet to have done by them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

We've used Closet World six times in the past for other closet projects. The Closet World designers have all been pretty helpful and the most recent one was new to the program and she was still in training so we had a few obstacles to overcome but overall, she's very professional and sweet. The closets are all good.

I had three estimates and Closet World's was the best. The salesgirl was very nice. She worked for them for about four years and knew exactly what she was doing. She outsold California Closets. And the price of the California Closets was close to double but they really weren't doing anything different.

I had to wait a little while for Closet World but they came in and did a very nice job. They called to let me know they are coming and the exact time. The young man that did the installation was very polite. He left everything as clean as could be. I had the dark wood installed and had one quite large closet down there. It was a big closet and I had jewelry drawers, scarf hangers, baskets, hampers and all kinds of shelving installed. I also had a smaller closet than normal done for my husband. They also did double hanging, lovely shelves, large shelf up above for out of season stuff.

Then they came back because they forgot the scarf thing. The installer said, "I'll be back at 10:00 tomorrow," and he did. He came in and was gone in half an hour. I live in Vegas and this is a shock to my nervous system because nothing gets done in Vegas without four trips. And Closet World was able to finish it in two trips. Then Closet World called and they were concerned about how well they did afterwards. It wasn't cheap but it works perfectly. Closet World was wonderful.

We were doing a big remodel in our house and we were going to have our contractor or whoever's going to do our cabinets to get it done, but he suggested calling Closet World instead. We ended up having them because it was going to be more cost effective. We had them do three closets in all three bedrooms and the designer was outstanding. She came right over and got the appointment set up. We told her what we were looking for, she gave suggestions, drew up some plans and explained what we can and cannot do because of the closet size.

I was, however, initially disappointed with the installation. I had it set up and they scheduled it out in advance. I explained to them a time that I had to leave by because I had to pick up my daughter from school. It’s a remodel so we were not living in that house and we were a distance away from it. But a guy called later and said he was running two hours behind. Apparently, he had another installation and that was taking them longer. So it was upsetting because I told them that if there was any way that I could wait another day or couple of days, I wanted to be the first appointment. I had to leave and I didn't have room for anything else. But when I explained everything to the guy when I called the customer service group, he pretty much told me that I was out of luck and the next installation was two and a half weeks away.

I called my sales rep, who was my designer. She answered her phone whenever I called her. And even if she may think it was a ridiculous question, she never made me feel like it was. She then suggested that I email this one group. She said that all the honchos and dispatch get that email. I sent the email and within the first five minutes after I hit “Enter”, I got a call from a dispatch manager in charge of that whole group. He had me set up two days later and was the first appointment.

I told my sales rep that with their guy who called me back, I couldn't have asked for anything better so I was thankful. The installation process started bad but this guy took the ball and he took care of everything. The reaction that I received from them was outstanding. The installer showed up on time and the closets were done. We received compliments on them. It was a great experience and I recommended Closet World to my sister. She’s going to be going through a remodel.

I liked the customer service of Closet World. The lady was pretty knowledgeable, thorough and did a nice design for us. I did a quote between Closet World, California Closets, and Costco. Costco was a little bit cheaper but I went with Closet World because I liked the lady's style. She came out once to design the closets and take measurements. I had a white melamine in all the three closets installed and the master had the brown finish doors like the upgraded doors. My wife was there for the installation and there were no hiccups. It was all done when I got home. The only thing was it would be nice if they did online design or computer easy design. The designer drafted everything out by hand and all of the design documents were on paper. Otherwise, everything else was fine.

I took the picture and called Closet World and the designer was very nice. Everything went all right during planning but the best part was the installation. After they told me it’s going to be three days, I said, “How am I going through all of my office without working for three days?” but they said, “No. We're going to finish in one day.” Everything is almost the way I wanted it and there weren’t any follow up appointments needed after that. They did a very good job.

My dad had a closet that was installed by Closet World years ago but I just had mine done. I had shelves, a couple of drawers and a little rag thing you hang your clothes on installed. The designer came by, we looked at a bunch of stuff, picked it out and it was finished. The installation took a couple of hours and everything was fine. Closet World did what they were supposed to do.

My parents have used Closet World for all of their needs. When I moved out, I used them because I am able to customize my closet. I had previously looked into IKEA and they did not have the options Closet World did. It was very easy to deal with their designers and they were able to design exactly what we wanted. The installers were extremely efficient and I had them install sliding glass doors, a bunch of shelving, a lot of drawers and four racks in the master bedroom. Everything about the installation was great. Overall, I’m extremely happy with my closet. It’s good quality and their people were professional and knowledgeable.

I got two estimates and decided to buy a closet from Closet World for its price. Their designer was good. However, it took two tries for the installation as there was a mistake in measurement.

Closet World was offering the garage style, utility type of cabinetry that I was looking for. A representative came out and we went over it together. And it was an easy decision. Then the installer showed up on time, took care of it and did a good job. There was no problem with the process at all. So it was straightforward. I work for a school and the cabinet is pretty much a storage in our Spanish classroom. I'm satisfied with Closet World.

I looked at the reviews of different companies online and I liked Closet World's so I settled with them. The salesperson came out and I met with her. It was a simple project but she knew what I needed and wanted and she was very helpful. The Closet World designer also knew what I wanted and figured out where it would best go. I had little shelves backed up to a wall in the bedroom closet to accommodate my shoes, hats and handbags. The installer was very professional and knew what he was doing. Overall,it was a positive experience and I'm very happy with my closet.

We had a closet installed in the bedroom. The designer was awesome and super fun. She was also clear in what she was saying, prompt and very thorough. The installation was on time. I wasn’t at home at the time but everything went well. They did a fine job, it was clean and you couldn’t even tell they’ve been there. It was outstanding and it was exactly what we expected. We have already recommended the company to others.

I had the black cabinets in my garage area done by Closet World. I only got one estimate, and it's from the guy who came out here and he was just on the job for a couple of weeks. I just want to give him his first job. He was quite nice and knowledgeable. He listened to what I have to say and he helped me set it up.

He drew the design the way I want so I told him I'll go with it. The installers came out and they are great. The only thing that I was having problem with is that they somehow was missing two of my doors. Adrian, the guy who managed my project, tried to make it happen for me and I appreciate it. But at the same time, it took a lot of rescheduling just to get someone to my house. I have to take like a whole day off from work just so that they can get the installation done. Also, no one told me that it will take like day just to get it done. Other than that, everything else is fine. I have no complaints.

I called Closet World after seeing it in a magazine. They came out and got an estimate and they were so great. We've had this work done in the past and Closet World's prices and the quality were great so we used them. The designer was great, very helpful, knew what she's doing and I really liked her. The installation was also great. The closets were done and all set up the first time. In the office, I had two built-in desks and some cabinetry storage space put in. I also had some shelving and storage space put into my pantry and I had a TV area, media center type of thing put in.

Closet World is an established company that's been around for a while and they’ve had a reputation. Their designers are very knowledgeable, patient and overall, very professional. The products installed were for an inside organization of the closet consisting of shelves, new doors, the mirror wardrobe doors and exterior wardrobe doors. We had a problem and had to reorder the doors. Other than that, everything came off as planned and the scheduling was good. Hopefully, I can use them again with the other closets that I have to do in my project. The greatest value I found was in the prices of the shelf, the doors and others. The mirror doors were a bit pricey because they were floor-to-ceiling, but the quality of the product was good.

I got a mailer that says that Closet World had a significant discount and that was intriguing. So, I called them up. The sales rep was very nice. When I look at the pictures and then look at the end product, I was thrown off a little. The pictures always look better. Even when she drew the diagram, I just envisioned something slightly different. I guess if I spend more, it would look nicer or it was just my closet.

The installer was very fast and efficient. I wasn’t happy that he left some stuff behind, so I had to clean up after him a little bit. But he’s just a human being. He did as much as he could. I asked him to throw some things but he says he can't. I presumed he took a lot of it and then he was going to leave much more but I showed him where the garbage was and then I saw he was going to come back to do the rest but he didn’t. But, they arrived on time. They did what they were supposed to do and they were efficient.

I had some drawers put in, some shelves and some place for my shoes. Space-wise, you just don’t know if it's gonna meet all of your needs. The salesperson can only say that it’ll accommodate this many shoes. On the other hand, the closet was priced right. They know what people are willing to spend, so they were smart to offer a discount and they had options to upgrade it if you want to. I wouldn’t have spent anymore. Hopefully, they’ll improve the cost. It's nice and the quality is good. It's functional and it helps me stay organized which is what I needed. If I ever sell my place, it’ll make it that much more desirable because it's so organized type of thing. I noticed I should have done this myself to make it prettier if I just knew what they were doing, but it's fine. It's not as pretty as I thought it was going to be.

We get a lot of mail booklets with ads and I saw Closet World, looked them up on the internet and decided to call them. There wasn’t any negative on the Better Business Bureau and they were a large company so I didn’t look for other prices. I had upper and lower cabinets installed in the garage and a board that goes up on the wall that the hooks attach to. I need to buy more hooks and baskets and I can only do it through Closet World. There’s one in Whittier, California where I am and I need to do that. The designer was great and she pointed things out and helped me to understand some of the nuances of colors and matching. The installers were great guys and very relaxed.

My Closet World experience, the installation and everything, was fine. But I was trying to reach the designer and sent him an email a couple of weeks ago to do another project, and I haven't heard back from him at all.

I was looking online and one of the options that stood out was Closet World. I got estimates from a couple of other companies and for what I was getting, Closet World gave a better price. I had them install shelves and drawers in the bedroom. The interaction with the designer went fine, but I have one complaint. After ordering everything and having them installed, I wanted additional shelves, so I kept calling back. I called the same designer twice as I wanted her to place the order and she kept saying she will have to talk to her manager and call me back on the estimate. It's been three weeks, but I haven't gotten a callback. Everything else was fine, though.

Closet World was on a sale. They have warranty plus the price and after charges are good. They came on time for design appointment and pricing estimate. Everything is okay but the rep needs more training because she's not an expert to design, a very nice lady though. They are a good company and if somebody wants, I can recommend.

I needed a closet so I called Closet World because I've known them for many, many years and didn't want to shop around and do it myself. They installed a closet with a bunch of shelves and places to hang my clothes. The senior designer kind of helped me put the closet together and he's nearby but there's one thing I wished I didn't listen to him. But it's not his fault. It's my lack of knowledge and it's based on his experience. I'm 5′1″ so I have to reach quite a ways to get hung clothes where I should have put shelves, I put a rod instead, so I'm making it work. The installers were very efficient and left the area as clean as they found it. Everything fits well and I appreciate that but I was going to call my designer and ask for another shelf because I have one place where there's room for a shelf and I don't have a shelf there. Other than that, it's good.

We had Closet World install a walk-in closet. Their designer was great and helpful. She was suggesting what we may need or not, and to try this and that. I live in Half Moon Bay and the installer came from Hayward which is over the San Mateo bridge, which is a mess at that time of the day. He had to go all the way back to Hayward and then back home to Palo Alto. So, he was very good. We haven't moved in the home yet but my husband checked it out and everything looked good. He mentioned though there was something that doesn’t slide as easy but if it needs to be taken care of, we can call.

We were doing a closet remodel in a residential home and we got a Closet World flyer, a mail left at the door. They have this discounted type option or advertisement so we didn't do any comparison pricing anymore. The designer was very good and knowledgeable. The installation was a very positive experience and there were no issues. It was one guy who's there for five hours and he did a lot of work so it's pretty efficient. I'm very happy with it and we thought it was a great value.

Closet World is so highly advertised so I tried them and had them install a white, wrap-around closet, shoe rack and hamper. The interaction with their designer took a little longer but it was good. However, getting the appointment, they came later than promised and then it got pushed out. I was waiting all day which got me a little upset but once the installer got here, he was very friendly which made me no longer upset. Overall it was good. They're fast and affordable.

I saw a Closet World advertisement in the magazine and it looked good. I called and they were having a sale. They were able to come right away so I was happy about that. Their designer was wonderful and no-nonsense. I really liked her. She explained the way the system worked and what options were available. We also talked about the price of the different options. I had a master bedroom closet installed and a linen closet shelving unit. They also did a bar, another shelf unit, and a regular closet. Their installer was very nice. It didn’t bother me that he was supposed to do it in one day and ended having to come back the second day. However, one drawer on my husband’s side of the master bedroom closet doesn’t open and close properly but I am yet to call them about it. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. I have no complaints.

I had several Closet World products installed in my bedroom. At one end of the room, I got shelves with bottom covers. At the other end, there's a part of a window where I've got the place for a computer. And on the other side is a cupboard. Nancy, the Closet World designer came and she was good. The first time, we talked a bit and then she measured the window. Then she came back, we signed all the papers and she drew the design on paper. Nancy had a good level of knowledge and I thought she has been designing for a long time. She was professional and able to answer our questions. And the installers showed up on time and they were fast. We did the installation in two days and everything went smoothly. Also, they cleaned up after themselves when they were done. Closet World was very professional and I was very happy with them.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.
  • Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.
  • One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.
  • Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.
  • Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.
  • Best for Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Closet World Company Profile