Call toll free
3.95/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Custom Closets, Garage Cabinets, Home Offices, Wall Beds, Pantries, Laundries, Wall Units, Hobby Rooms, Media Centers, Garage Flooring and more...

Organize your entire home with Closet World. Our large selection of finishes, colors, and accessories help you achieve total home organization that is both functional and appealing. We offer unique designs for every room including closets, pantries, garages, home offices and laundry rooms along with a selection of wall beds and flooring to complement your home.

Serving California & Nevada

Fully Insured (GCL/WC) Bonded (CB/PB) Lic CA #631369, #767419, NV #51301

Closet World Video
Closet World Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1874 Closet World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The rep from Closet World showed up in my house on time for the consultation and walked me through the whole thing, and I appreciated that. We got shelves and hangers in our closets installed by Closet World. The designer I worked with was good and easy-going and the people were willing to help. They showed up on a couple of different days and installed. The installation that went on for two days went smoothly and there were no major issues. The end-product also looks nice.

Get expert buying tips about Closet Organizers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I had bars and shelves installed in a hall closet. We also had work done for the master suite closet, to organize stuff and make it a little bigger. We did bars, shelves and a shelf on the bottom for shoes. I went through three Closet World designers and the last one was awesome so I did it. Also, I wasn't ready before. It was too soon because we were moving and I wanted to get moved in to see what I actually needed. Then they came back out. We were negotiating price and it all worked out.

Everything went fine with the installation. The installer needed space and he wasn't told that I had a condo. He thought it was a home so he was a little put out. But we figured out a space for him to cut and saw. It was good. He did half of the hall closet in about three and a half hours and he was good. He was by himself too. The final product works fine and is sturdy. The quality is good and what was expected. I would refer Closet World. Clients just need to be prepared for when they come out for installation, in terms of what they need to make sure of.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

A friend of mine told me that they had gone to Closet World and that the experience was good. My experience went real well too. The designer spent a lot of time going over what the problem was with the old way the closet was. She went through different designs with us and was here for several hours. She was good. I had two big closets where they put a bunch of shelves and stuff to hang hangers up on. They had an opening a couple of days ahead of time so they called me to see if I could get it done earlier than I projected. It worked out well that way because I had other things going on later on anyway. The quality of their work was good too. Although I hope they can make it cheaper, the price was reasonable for what we had done. Give them a call and see what they can do to help you with your closet.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I had been wanting to do my closets and we were already at our breaking point where we needed to do something. Closet World was the only one that stepped up and their designer was good. She was very knowledgeable with what she was talking about. I got a walk-in closet and a laundry room, and the guys who came out to do the installation were very professional. It took them two days to complete the job. The laundry room had two shelves put in, a counter top and a long closet. The walk-in closet had a shelf put all the way around with a lot of hanging room. Compared to what I had before, the end products look good.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I was building a new home in Las Vegas and I needed a desk and a cabinet put up in the garage and I saw a Closet World advertising. Their prices were a little high for what they were offering but their designer was wonderful. She explained everything. Their installation team was great too. It was just two guys but they did the job and cleaned up. I’m very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Closet World installed my closet three times. I tried the first time, but I had a very bad experience. The instructor wasn’t good, so they installed the garage closet

incorrectly. After about two weeks, it was crushed, so I had to remove everything out. Then, I told the second guy, and no matter how I explained it, that they should attach it to the wall, but they refused to do it. The last time, the guys secured it, but they still did not attach it to the wall.

A couple of months ago, I started working with another property and the designer was okay and was very patient. We had a deal and they came three times, however, the designer didn't measure a cabinet for the washer and the dryer. She said that the washer and dryer were put in the closet, not on the floor in the cabinet, so she made the 34 inches. But the installer who came over said, “No, you cannot put it on the boards. You have put it on the floor.” They did that work, but it ended up the closet only had 30 inches. The depth is 29.5, so it was very tight.

If they do it that way, they should add another 4 inches more or at least 2 inches more, but they didn't. They said, “Okay, I’ll just grease everything in.” I need the 4 inches in the back but because of the way they built in the front, I lost the 2 inches, and the way that they put boards on the backside, that was another 3 inches. They could not put in the regular vent, so they put the one nobody recommended.

One thing good with Closet World is they listen to me whenever I have an issue. However, I had to fight with them. They said that their product was cheaper, but I had to pay more. I tried to talk to the manager and I called the company, but nobody would talk to me. Finally, the supervisor called me, but it took me a long time. He said that he could give me all the carousels for free, but I had to pay for somebody to install. It ended up I paid another $75, which I think was not fair at all, but there was nothing I could do about the experience. They should do a better job, although they've done better than six years ago because now, the installer works for their company. Before, I had a very bad experience. They hired installers or an independent contractor, so that wasn’t good at all. If the installer was good, Closet World was good, but I've had bad installers different times.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

They gave me a window between 9 am and 10 am for the installer to arrive and he actually arrived a little "early" which was great. My closets look great and I am VERY pleased. I have already recommended them to a coworker.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I wanted something to organize in my bedroom. I had been seeing Closet World's flyer for a while, and that was what I wanted to do. It was very easy getting through to them. I called their rep, she came out and she gave me an estimate. Installers started to go ahead and do it, and it was fast. The crew was very nice and they had their feet covered all the time. They also cleaned up after themselves so there was nothing I had to do. There were some problems where there were two little dings on the closet. But that was taken care of. They came out and replaced the door. They followed up and they brought back the stuff that needed to be done. With the second crew, I had to take off but their guy did all the work. It was fairly simple.

As I started putting stuff in the closet, there were some other modifications I wanted. I wanted some floors to slide out on the bottom. Their rep came back and did that too. It didn't seem perfect right away, though. Closet World did a good job on the whole and they were courteous. It was a good experience and I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We went ahead with Closet World for the convenience and the process of signing up was very easy. It was all online. But we didn't have a good experience with the designer. She said she knew what she was doing. She filled out all of the paperwork for us and took nine hours to do that process. My wife, who was overseeing it, was exhausted at the end and she thought that what she had been told by the designer was gonna be what the design was. So she didn't even review the final papers after the nine hours and signed them. However, the designer missed two key aspects of the design. We didn't know that until we moved in and saw the closets and the issues.

We tried to get it fixed and I spoke to Closet World's rep a number of times. But my interactions with them were not good. They were not responsive nor were they willing to address the issues with the closets they installed at our house. Closet World said, "You signed the contract. Too bad, so sad." Their company left a bad taste in my mouth. The experience did not go very well and I would encourage others to find any company other than Closet World to do their install.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We ordered multiple Closet World units to be installed in our new home. Based on our experience, I would NEVER recommend Closet World to anyone. Here are a few of our problems: The closets are crooked! The drawers do not open because they do not know how to install their own products. We have one light switch cut-out that looks like a Beaver chewed out the hole. The Installer used a chisel to cut the hole and left an opening that is 6 inches too big! They hung a cabinet that is crooked on the wall - 1" lower on the right side than on the left! That is a lot for a 36" wide cabinet. They sent only one Installer - I had to help him lift parts so he could screw them into the wall. I was not available for the whole install (3 days - 10 hours a day) so that explains a lot of the shoddy installs. They cut the baseboard on some walls (proper method) but left it on other walls! This results in the back wallboard being at a slant.

They left a bunch of random woodcuts in one of the closets. The Installer said his boss thought that would compensate for doing a lousy job. I learned during the 36 hour install process that they pay their Installers (yes, installers) on a commission basis. This means that the faster and crappier they can install a job, the more the installer gets paid. Shortcuts are encouraged. I have NEVER received a return call from their Customer Service people: They offer no phone number. Their chief installer is someone called ALBERT - he refused to talk to me. His 19 year old Installer had to be the go between on the phone. I demanded that the Installer call his boss so I could talk to a live person. When ALBERT answered the phone, he told the Installer he would have to leave our house and never return if he handed his phone over to me.

I felt bad for the kid who Installed our closet. Because he was under pressure to finish our job quickly without concern for quality, I made sure he was fed and had fluids. It was 90 degrees plus in Ojai and the kid had no provisions. He said it cost him money to eat or stop, so he just kept working. Please consider using any other provider of services than Closet World. They have to be the absolute worst employer and service provider that exists. Their product is nothing more than melamine composite boards that you can buy at Home Depot or Lowe's. Save your money and pay a local handyman to install them. You will save thousands $$$.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I wanted to organize my clothes and I had Closet World install five closets and we did the racks. The designer and the salesman were both perfect and I was happy with them. The installation team was good and they knew how to put the racks in the closets. However, the price is very high and I don’t wanna use it anymore for my other house.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I called Closet World for an estimate on a closet and that was what I started with. But my fiancée had been wanting me to put cabinets in the garage for a long time so while they were here, I got an estimate on the garage cabinets as well. Then I told them to go ahead and do it. Before I talked to anybody of them, I had looked at what I thought would be our best situation and I had laid up plans. When the designer came out, she made a couple of suggestions but they were more about lowering our cost. She also asked more about stuff like colors. But I already had drawings of what I was looking for. She did calculations too and said what I had would give the maximum rod coverage for hanging clothes and get the most in there. So we went with that. They put in new areas to hang clothes and an organizer in the master bedroom closet.

Then for the outside garage, I had also already measured it and laid something out. The suggestion she had was that after a certain length, she changed some of the sizes. There are three 48-inch cabinets and one 30-inch cabinet. So it was just about the sizes of the cabinets to get the max of the wall use and we worked on that. She also suggested putting a few more cabinets over the washer and dryer. But I told her I wanted to wait and see how everything else went before I did the rest of the garage and do the whole wall, which was about $2,800. But I had a 50% coupon and they deducted that.

The designer was nice and very good. She seemed like she was trying to lay out the best situation possible for what I wanted and listened to me. In fact, the designer seemed very professional and knew what she's doing. But I didn't research Closet World. I got the closet and it was under $1,000. I kind of knew in my head what it was gonna cost and she was within price. The product they had was good. But usually, I would have done Yelp.

I did do Yelp but it was after I made the purchase and I was scared to death. There were some awful things in their Yelp reviews and because I read those reviews, I was on guard. I noticed they charged me for the final amount before everything got installed. So I called up and the representative said they made a mistake. She apologized and said that she would reverse it, and she did. She reversed it right away. Some of the bad Yelp reviews I read seemed to be about the salesperson not explaining things correctly and maybe trying to add more stuff than they should have. But in my experience, they did everything they said they were gonna do.

Everybody was professional and they did a good job. The quality of the cabinets is good too. Before the installation in the garage, I had cleaned it out and painted it. Then when the installation team came out, they did all the measuring and cutting and they put everything in. They cleaned up and everything worked fine when they left. Also, after I had the closets put in, I wanted to get a few more shelves so I called up and they were very helpful. I talked to the manager at the San Marcos store and he gave me some special pricing on the shelves and ordered them. Then I went and picked them up. So he was good about that too. I didn't have any problems with that. I put the shelves in myself and it was not a big deal.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

When we made a full re-do of a master bedroom closet. Closet World was my sister's recommendation. So, we had shelves, drawers, and hanging areas installed. The designer came to the house, and she spent about a little over an hour giving her design recommendation. There was sort of an input along the way throughout the process from my fiancé and I, too. Then, we all agreed to the final design and then scheduled the install for a couple of weeks after.

However, the installation experience was not amazing. Someone was supposed to come between 9:00 and 10:00 on the day of installation. What ended up happening was the installer who was assigned to me was no-show that day. The communication was really bad. So, they strung me along throughout the day. They ended up coming around close to 5:00. But, the two sent to expedite it ended up completing it that evening, after 8:00. We are really happy with the job done. Look into Closet World. It seems a pretty easy process and affordable.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

The Closet World salesperson came out right away and was very thorough, and their price was better than the other companies. I had them do a master walk-in closet and I got the hanging stuff and drawers and bench and hampers. The designer that I worked with was nice. However, it was not easy getting a hold of Closet World after I pulled the trigger. I had to go through their main office and deal with the installers, so they didn’t really talk. The installer and the designer didn’t ever meet and didn't go over with what I was told and what they were trying to install. I asked if they had a meeting with the designer and they said no and that they can figure it out from the drawings. They finally finished it after about two months and it was terrible.

During the initial installation, they didn’t have all the materials and they didn't know what they were installing in a couple of occasions. Some of the materials were wrong. The guy just left and he wanted me to sign paperwork. Nothing was done or correct and I said that I wasn't signing the paperwork, and he just shrugged his shoulders and left. I talked to the dispatch manager who was a really nice guy and he came out and met with me. I took another part of the day off from work and went through it with them. He was supposed to meet me for another meeting with his installer, but nobody showed, so it was another day they missed me.

I met with the branch manager who was a really great guy also and he got everything ordered, except a bunch of stuff didn’t show. He said that he was gonna meet the installer out there next time and that he would personally drive back and forth from the shop to keep making different parts until they get my closet done. They did that and they tore out the crown molding, the base, and one of the hamper doors that was drilled wrong. It was a bunch of stuff they had to do, but, in the end, when they finally finished, it was decent. I just wish they would have been able to do that in the very first time they came out. I've had clothes lying all over my house for two months. I wouldn’t recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Closet World was offering a discount and I got them to install a home office. My interaction with the designer was good. However, the installation was rushed and we had problems with the product three times.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I found Closet World in a flyer in my mail, and though looked into another closet company, Closet World's design was good and so was their price. Our designer was Linda and her presentation, being on time and response to questions stood out. Her customer service was good and she worked with us for our needs and the budget that we had.

We decided to put a walk-in closet and it has been working fine. We're still accommodating stuff, but so far so good. The closet uses the space that we had, so we're happy with it. The installer came in and installed the closet the day they told me. He did the installation in 2 hours and 10 minutes. However, we're not very tall people and the belt sliding rack was placed a little too high. My husband said that he can just move it, so I'm waiting for him to finish that. If he doesn’t do it by the end of this week, I'll call Closet World to have someone come back. Other than that, my experience with Closet World was good. They also gave us a good special that they had and offered a promotion. We took advantage of that and that worked out fine.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Closet World was referred by my neighbor and I like their price. The designer was great, but the installation experience was horrendous. We did four closets and they gave me drawers that were defective. The shelf top was also defective and was not cut right. They left a mess on my driveway. I tried calling to get replacements, but the installation manager kept avoiding my calls. By the time I reached back out to the salesperson, I got a call the next business day from the installation manager. I spoke to the installation manager the day after the first install and he said he would have the parts ordered and it should be in about a week at the most.

After that, I didn’t hear from him for a week and a half. I tried to get a hold of him, but I couldn’t. I called the salesperson and I got a call from the installation manager and found out that nothing was ordered. The manager said that he placed the order and he scheduled me for about a week out again. The second installer came out and brought the updated drawers, but they did not have a top. He gouged my wall in my staircase and when he was installing the shelf, he broke part of the shelf. I still have yet to hear a resolution or to hear from this manager. I am beyond upset at this point and I don’t know what to do.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

On October 10th I had my custom closet installed which had already been measured and designed by a senior designer. The closet is a small closet in a bedroom. After installation I told the installer I did not think the pull out drawers would clear once I installed sliding doors. He said it might be a tight fit. One of the supervisors called me to follow up. I again told him I did not think the drawers would be able to open, he said, "I'm sure it's fine. Just call me once the sliding doors are installed and if it did not open then we could move the unit or make the drawers smaller for a fee!" I asked, "Why would the customer have to pay for the company's mistake?" He quickly said not to worry and we'll talk about it after the doors were installed.

Weeks later the doors were installed by a different company and just as I thought the drawers did not open because the sliding doors were now in the way. I called. Spoke to a different supervisor. Explained the situation again. He said, "Ok I'll send you a quote," I said "wait are you charging me?" He said, "Yes of course." If he has to redo the design I have to pay. I told him it was clearly their mistake and why would a customer have to pay??? He replied "well if you would have had the sliding doors installed first this would have not happened!" Wow so he clearly thought this was my mistake. He also said maybe I should talk to the designer maybe she measured incorrectly. He emailed the quote trying to charge me another $300 aside from the $2,000.00 I had already paid for the installation. I did not feel good about this so I decided to call the next day and speak to district manager.

He said "well I will give you a good price but I have to charge you something someone has to pay for the installers to go back to your house and redo the work." Unbelievable. I was so upset and could not believe the poor unprofessional treatment I was getting from this company, I had been a returning customer but never had I been treated this way. I decided to go to the next level. I spoke to the vice president of the company. I again explained my situation for the 4th time and he asked if I could measure a section of the closet and what did the actual plans have on it they clearly did not match, he immediately apologized and said it was clearly their mistake and someone would call me the same day to fix the problem.

He was the first person to apologize. I thought finally I could not believe why two supervisors and the district manager could not have done the same. Two weeks later the installer came back out and fixed their mistake. The first installer did not follow the measurements the designer had written. This created the problem. Closet World supervisors and manager I hope you learn from this experience and listen to your customers after all we pay you to measure and install, maybe customer satisfaction should be at the top of your priority list instead of just making money. I definitely will not be a returning customer nor will I ever refer anyone to your company again. Very disappointed former customer.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

About 14 years ago, I had Closet World do some work for me and they did a good job then, so I called them again to install my drawers, cabinet doors and organizers. Their designer was very courteous and friendly. The installers were all friendly too. The first installer struggled a little bit, so we requested for a more experienced one. Thereafter, Closet World sent us an experienced installer and he took care of all of the stuff we needed. All in all, we’re 100% satisfied with this company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I had closet shelves installed by Closet World. Their designer came and offered details which my wife had agreed to. It was followed by a phone call with their competent reps where we negotiated the price and did the estimate of the time when the product would arrive and be installed. The installation person was fine and the materials were installed as specified in the drawing plan. There was one hiccup though where he could not have sufficient material to cover up the backing, and I had to make several phone calls in order to get that installed. And even though they had scheduling issues, it was done eventually. Closet World is a very large company who subcontracts with a number of people, who may or may not be competent, but still are able to complete the job.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We installed 12-foot, garage-type cabinets through Closet World. They seemed to be a very reputable company and my representative, Robert, was wonderful. He has worked for the company for a long time. He was very knowledgeable and pleasant. He was able to give me a price and the design on the spot, and it wasn't a lot of mosh and tosh bother. Also, the installation team was very efficient. They came one day and tore some old cabinets out, and then they came the next day and put in all the new cabinets. And then the third day, early in the morning, they came to build the custom cabinets around the hot water heater. I have recommended Closet World to several neighbors.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We were looking at The Container Store and we got a comparable quote for the same type of stuff. Closet World was a hair more expensive, but we went with them because of their better availability and the person that we met with. We did double hanging frames on top of each other for our personal bedroom closet. We installed multiple boxes with hanging rods for the most part, and then one larger box that had shelves. That gave us some more space and then the top level with the shelf, so I could put shoes on top. Closet World's designer was straightforward. She didn't do anything except her job and she didn't try to oversell or undersell anything. The installation team did what they did in one visit. Our closet is organized and neat. We have maximized a medium space as much as we can.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I researched the closet companies that were available in this area, and Closet World was one of three. We looked at ratings and reviews that other customers have given, we also got to deal with them all three, and then we decided on using Closet World based on the design, the price and presentation by the salesperson, Malia. We liked her demeanor and she answered questions as well as follow-up questions.

We had a walk-in closet installed and the design was perfect. However, Closet World messed up on the jewelry tray that my wife had ordered. It didn’t arrive with the rest of the closet on the installation date. I asked them about it and I was told that they ordered it and it will be delivered in about two weeks. But it was at least three months from the original meeting to the installation date, so they had all that time to get that in. I think they forgot to order it and they just ordered it at that point. And then instead of owning it and apologizing, the guy I spoke with tried to make excuses saying that since it’s a custom-design, it takes longer.

Then after the first guy who did the installation was gone, I did a close inspection of the closet. I looked at the shelves and I noticed that the pins were put in haphazardly. Some of them were flat, some of them were sideways and some of them were round. Some on one corner might be on the flat side, the other one would be on the round side so then, it was making it uneven. I would have put them in flat-side-up, so I went through every shelf and re-did it myself. Plus, there was dust inside the drawers like they’ve been sitting in the warehouse and they weren’t wiped down. I asked them about it later on and the lady said that they should be clean and wiped down when I got them. There were also shelves that had some glue residue on them so I cleaned those up myself, too.

Also, I noticed that one of the jewelry shelf's handles was not parallel. I took a closer look at it and one side slipped off the screw. It turned out that one of the screws on the handle was overtightened and stripped out. Having some experience with mechanical stuff, I know that if you stripped a screw out you know it right away it won’t tighten up. So, another guy came out in a day or two after I reported it and had to replace the handle. We were not happy with the installation because of those things but we’ve been happy with the assistance so far. And now, once the dust has settled and everything was corrected, we’re really happy.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I live in a senior place. A lot of other people got their closets from Closet World and all the ones I've seen here are wonderful. Then Closet World had a sale so I decided and everybody was wonderful. The designer was lovely. She was very new. She had only been in her job for six weeks but she represented the company very well. She certainly knew a lot about the product and she helped me very much to get the design right.

The installers were very nice too. It didn’t take them too long to do the job. The only thing is when my daughter came and we put the clothes back in, we found out that the top bar should’ve been higher. Somehow, the measurements got wrong. The designer told my daughter that she thinks she made a mistake. Closet World said they would come back but it’s been a couple of weeks and they haven’t come back. I'm just waiting for them and I hope it won’t be until after Thanksgiving is over. I’ll be happy when it’s all finished. But still, it was a good and pleasant experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My mother-in-law had some work done with Closet World then I had them install a garage cabinet as well. The designer was really nice and the quality of the work done is good.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The first appointment I made was with Closet World and the lady who came in was really good. I had an idea of what I wanted and she knew what we were looking for. It was something very simple, nothing super creative and just basic closet stuff. I had made three appointments but I canceled the other two because she gave us a really good price.

We did closets although one was totally no closet. We just put basic stuff. Then the other one was an old closet with the wood rot so we just updated them. They were just old. And the installation was good. My roommate got a different guy than me and that guy came to look at my installation. He said the other guy had forgotten to fasten something to the wall and he took care of it. He called the corporate office and they told him to go ahead and correct it. He looked after the other one so that was good. That worked out well. When we needed to add some other shelves later, I called our saleslady and she told me to just call the corporate office. Then I went to pick them up so that was easy. Everything was taken care of and we were very happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I saw Closet World on Google and they had the best deal. I liked the price and quality. The designer was fantastic and he was a joy. He was also professional and very accommodating. I had cabinets installed in my garage and they were fine but I was expecting a little bit better quality for the amount that I paid. During the installation, some of them marred which is why they offer a lifetime warranty. They told me to give them a call and they would fix it for free any time. It was such that you could move in what you need to because they get dinged-up more once you put everything away in them. Once you’re done doing that, you call back and have somebody come out to fix it or clean it up.

We had a Murphy bed installed in the center of the garage cabinet and it wasn't quite framed symmetrically on either side. I noticed that before the installers were about to leave and I told them that it was gonna bother me. I could see a big space. Also, there were some discolorations on the cabinets that were not looking so great for being new. They came right out the very next day and switched out that cabinet, and fixed the leveling of the Murphy bed. They were super responsive, respectful and got it done. Closet World is great and more people should use them. It's worth the investment.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We had Closet World put in new closet systems in all of our bedroom closets. They were offering free installation. They were very easy to work with and there wasn't anything that was difficult for them to figure out. We had odd sizes in our closets, and they were able to figure out exactly the best use of the space. They have been doing this for a long time and you want them to give you their best insight to what would fit in a bunch of different spaces.

The designer we dealt with was really nice and we had a good rapport. She answered all of my questions and addressed everything in a nice way. The installation team that came was very professional as well. We had some issues though, like the drawers that are really large and heavy and the standard size slides aren't gonna be enough to carry the weight, so they need to replace those with more heavy duty hardware. They're doing that next week. They are handling that without any disruption to me, so that has been great.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Please do your research before hiring this company to do anything closet installation. 1st installation was canceled the same day of install. 2nd rescheduled installation day installer demo my existing closets and damaged framing and drywall and could not finish installing closets because wrong measurements. 3rd reschedule day for them to redo the measurements. 4th reschedule day the installer started installing and they were missing parts so and he installed the backing incorrectly. 5th reschedule to finish the project and I am not sure if they will have right parts to install it. Please do your research, read all reviews before hiring this company. They will not repair any damage they will cause. Horrible service on the phone and even when speaking with general manager Roman. Please again, do your research.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Closet World has been one of the worst experiences I've had with any company, ever. It has been months and we can't get a hold of anyone. They installed wrong things in our closets and refuse to come to fix it. They ordered the wrong drawers for all our closets as well. We've now called twice a day for two weeks straight and they say we need to talk to Adrian because he's the only supervisor, then they transfer us and every time someone says he's out of his desk and will call us back but never does. We're not talking about a small purchase here but rather over $10K in the closet that is wrong, including wrong dimensions that were installed. Horrible company, please stay away! Also, be careful because all these closet companies are all owned by the same entity we found out.

Closet World expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.

• Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.

• One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.

• Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.

• Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.

• Best for: Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Closet World Company Information