toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I wanted to put shelvings in our garage. I went online and went to local stores and checked other companies. I checked Home Depot and Lowe's. But I didn't like the material they have, it was already falling apart inside the store. Also, It's ready made. It's not like they have to design it here. I went to the Closet World's store where they have a showroom. I checked and I decided to go with them. Their material looks like it's made to last forever. And with them, it was designed and fit for our house. So I decided to have the shelving in chrome, silver and black color.

Their designer was fantastic, very flexible and honest. She designed the shelves to fit our house, listed all my comments and my recommendations, and she even came back twice to address our concerns even after the first design. The guys who installed the shelves were very approachable, very confident and they put it up within a day. Everything went well. And then after it's all done, we were so happy, we didn't want to put anything inside it because it looks so fancy. We even invited the designer to come back and see what she had done to support us. It was an excellent and worthy experience with Closet World. And turning the garage like a living room was a fantastic job that I've ever done.

The contractor of the house recommended that I get Closet World. And I had them make a room into a closet. The designer was very fast and effective. She did a great job measuring and designing everything that had to be done but there was an issue with the delivery date. I told the designer that I couldn't do it on a certain day and she forgot to tell someone. The installation team ended up going to the house and no one was there so I had to reschedule but it was just a minor detail that happened. The installation team went in but I had to leave my house and they stayed there and were very professional. Everything was perfect but there was just an issue where the two shelves on the pantry weren't placed correctly and things I put there fell. I followed up and the guy said he was going to call me back to set up a date when they can go back and fix the two shelves but he hasn’t called yet.

We had the all white and silver thing that we hang our clothes on, installed by Closet World. It was added to the master closet. We decided to go with Closet World because it was a push to get it done and also, a friend recommended them. The lady who came in was awesome. I told her what I wanted for the closet. She put it together and I love what she did and we went for it.

There’s one thing that I’m absolutely not happy about, though. We had just painted the walls, put crown molding and we’re going to do base for it. When we got home, there was nothing in the closet, but when my husband went in the closet, he noticed on his side of the closet that there was a huge stain on the brand new paint that goes from where the shelves are. I would say two down, all the way down to the bottom. We tried to clean it but it will not clean off so unfortunately, we’re going to have to take it off and clean it. It’s very noticeable when you walk in and look to the right and it wasn't there before. That’s the only thing I would complain about. Other than that, everything else works great. The finished product is amazing and we’re so happy with it.

We worked with Closet World three years back. We recently had a closet and a cabinet installed in our garage by them, too. Their designer was very professional, helpful and friendly. He understood our problem and what we were going through. And so, he was able to explain what we were looking for and found the best way to handle our situation. The installation crew who came did the job cleanly, too. So far, everything was installed properly and everything has been as good as what we were expecting. It was a good experience with Closet World and I already recommended two of my friends to the designer and expertise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The salesman from Closet World was nice, but I was a little upset with him before because he gave a quote that was about 40% higher than two other companies for the same exact work. But this time, for some reason, they were close and then they gave me a little discount, which made it more appealing so I went with them. Everything is just the same, but this time they were a little less since the last time I called. We built a room in the garage for some storage and then we added cabinets and drawers. The designer was a super nice guy and the installation crew was on time, courteous, friendly, and they cleaned up after themselves. But, they have to come back and put another cabinet. I thought it was included in the price but it wasn't. So I paid them the extra, but it's no big deal. Everything worked out fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got Closet World's top of the line garage closet. I saw the designer's in the beginning then the installers came. They were very good and neat. When they ran into a problem because something didn't fit according to the measurement, we simply compromised and agreed to go with a shorter cabinet and I was happy with that. It was all completed and the quality is very good. They met all my expectation and what they promised me was exactly what I got. I would recommend Closet World to a friend, because I showed my neighbors what it looked like and they were very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've used Closet World before. The first time around was 20 years ago. So, when it came down to where I needed it, Closet World is the first one that came to my mind. This time, I had them install the garage cabinets. The Closet World designer that came out was nice but she was a little dingy. I didn't think that she really was on top of knowing the answers to some of my questions. But everything turned out okay and went over our issues or problems. The installation guys were nice, clean and efficient, they got it done and got out of there. The next house that I move into or if I had the need, I'll be calling Closet World because they're fair on price and has good quality product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I have known about Closet World for a while. We had them install a white closet product with a basic material. It has like a dresser and a bunch of shelving where my wife puts her purse and shoes. Also, it is enough for our clothes to be hung up. Their designer was great and she worked well with my wife. She did all the measuring. My wife told her what she wanted and she mapped it all out, and it came out nice. The installation team was cool. They did the best clean up they could but the only thing is, on the ground, I found some nails that were pulled out. The product looks great at the end and so far, the quality is good. It is sturdy, nothing is broken and the drawers work well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World installed the closet organizer in our bedroom. They were convenient to deal with and the designer was very courteous, knowledgeable and her design was great, too. Also, the installers were very professional, respectful and they did a great job. They took care of everything the first time. I did the financing through Closet World and I haven't received the bill. So I called Closet World's customer service and they said that it's not something that they can help me out with. I have to call whoever I financed through because they had nothing to do with it. I asked what that meant because I had filed the application through them. They signed me up with whoever and gave me the line of credit.

Now, they're telling me that they had nothing to do with it. They told me I had to call Wells Fargo but I don't know the account number. That's really the biggest downfall. There's no follow through and they screwed me big time. Now, my credit is on the line, not Closet World's because they got paid. I've had a great experience but they need some work on the customer service side.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had three closets redone by Closet World. The designer was very experienced and led me through the process. It was very simple with that particular designer. We finished the process in just about two hours. The installation technicians were professional. They cleaned up after themselves, respected my home and the whole process, from start to finish, was seamless. I’m very happy with the quality and I would recommend them highly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet Factory's prices were competitive and their website was a little better laid out and I could actually plan a little more of it than some of the other competitors. We did a flat wall in the garage and some shelves and for the closet, we did some shoe shelves, drawers for holding clothes and double hangers. Their designer was great. She's very punctual and had answered all our questions. She also did a great job designing based on our needs.

Their installation team was good as well. We did the closet and had to do the garage afterward. The closet was smaller and they sent out three people who comfortable got it done in a day. However, the garage had actually more work to do, but they only sent out two so they didn't get it all done in a day and they had to come back the next day. But, that was because of the scheduling and has nothing to do with the team who came out. Everything went well in the end and we're very satisfied with how it turned out.

I've used Closet World before and this time, I had some real basic large cabinets and a closet under my stairs installed. The designer was amazing and she did a phenomenal job. The installation was great as well. They were wonderful and professional. However, I work full time and they assured me when I first got them that they would work with me and I wouldn’t have to take time off from work, but I did have to and the days they promised were not available. Plus the rest of the experience was crappy so I'm a little frustrated.

My issue was when I paid for it. They told me this thing was in pending and then it was out of pending then it was in pending again! Then, they were talking me into a credit card, "If you use our interest-free card, it would have put the whole thing way behind and all this in pending out of pending." That back and forth was a huge hassle and I put a lot of time into it. I had ordered these things around May 24th and I didn’t get them until the middle of July. It was so stressful that I almost canceled my order. They put me through a lot and I had to go to managers. It was aggravating. I had to call the designer many times because of these issues and she was great. Right now I'm pleased but it was way too much work and energy at the time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got an estimate from a place online but they didn't include the installation. We didn’t want to be hassled so we went with Closet World since they already included installation. The designer came to our house a few times to measure. She was nice and we like her. The installation was on time as well and once we asked Closet World for some changes in what they did, they did not charge us for it. So that was nice. But the sizes of the final product weren't the approved sizes and now we have to change them. It took us about a month to schedule the follow-up appointment with them and we're finally going to have them come today.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got estimates from other companies and Closet World seemed the most reasonable. We had used them once before and recently, we had them install their products in the sewing room and in our closet in our main bedroom. However, the first designer didn't really have too much of a clue what he was doing. And he came back but I already knew what I wanted. So then it worked out because I knew exactly what I wanted. The installers were pretty good. They came on time and they were pretty clean. But there are still some parts in the sewing room that I'm not really thrilled with. We had new tile flooring put in and it was a little tough to do. I would like them to come back and fix a couple of places on that because when they tried to put it together, it's not looking very good. Other than that, our experience was fine.

The Closet World designer was cool and she’s in the right position. We had Closet World install my master walk-in closet and then another closet. During the installation, I came in at the end part of it. I was a little shocked at the way it looked but the installer just said, “Sign this piece of paper.” The look wasn't what I thought it was based on the conversation the designer and I had in the design but technically it was right. And also, I had given them a credit card number to process the remaining balance and I noticed that they took it out of another card that I had given them for a previous payment.

The sales approach was a little pushy. They got this deal right here and if I don’t get it right now, I’m not gonna be able to get the additional percentage off. And you’ve got to be prepared for the setup time as well to get your installation appointment. I was kinda shocked that it was so far out. But it was a cool experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World installed the garage cabinets. The designer came in, brought samples and read the measurement. The installers brought in everything, installed the cabinets and they did a good job. They delivered everything they promised on time and I was satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I see Closet World ads all the time. It feels convenient as well. I had them install some closet near doors and a basic organizer in one of the closets. I also got an estimate from somebody in the neighborhood that had done closets for other people. And I told him that I had gotten an estimate from Closet World for a given dollar amount and he said that he wouldn’t be able to beat it. So I used Closet World. The designer was very pleasant, easy to talk to, knowledgeable of the products, brought tons of materials such as brochure and pamphlets for me to see and she went over the discounts. She was a lot of fun to work with.

I had met the installers at the house and I had other things to do. So, I let them in and asked for somebody to just give me a call when they were finishing up. And it wasn’t one of the installers that called me. It was somebody that scheduled the appointment and said, “Okay, they’ll be done, wrapping up in a half hour.” I came down there after they were cleaning up, and everything looks really good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The closet looks great and the Closet World install team was awesome. My only regret is that I ordered a little laundry component to the closet and from the outside, you would think that it was going to give you a whole lot of room. But when you open it on the inside, the bag is relatively small and there's no fixing that. If I had to go back and do it again, I wouldn't have ordered that. I thought I had a resolution with the guy who I was in touch with and that he was going to send me out a bigger bag. But when they came out again, they brought the exact same size of small bag and said that was it. It's a breakdown in communication. It also took me several phone calls to finally get on my contact's schedule. But overall, I'm really happy with the closet and the experience was very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We just moved and my husband needed a home office, mostly a table and some shelves in the closet, and we considered a built-in set-up. Closet World said that they would do a free in-home consultation so we called. The designer came on time and she was pretty good. She did a good measurement and gave us suggestions then we discussed what we wanted. And then when I have another thought, we started to discuss again. The interaction was good and everything is professional. We decided on that day that we'll give them a try. We wanted to have a contrast with the countertop and the table top and also the side.

She followed up on me on the date saying, “You decide. I will make the order.” I had a little hesitate and I sent her more pictures of what I liked. I wanted her to send me some pictures about what the design will be. She sent me some pictures that I have some doubts about ‘cause it didn't look good on the picture. I wondered if mine will come up as the one she sent me. But she said that it would be different. We had some little back and forth and eventually I said that we would go ahead with our original design.

It was all good until the people came to install. It was a Thursday night and we were going on vacation that Saturday, so we were waiting for the office to be set up. I was at work when they came, but my husband was home. What the installers did, however, was not a contrast design. The top and the sides were all the same color. The installer told us that the factory didn't get an order for the contrast and that's why they came with that. My husband saw that and he said it was fine if that's what they had.

We didn't get what we wanted. I even have the sample the designer left us yet we got the whole same color. It's fine though 'cause it's functioning and the installation itself was good. However, there's a sharp corner that's sticking out and people will easily hit it. It's a hazard, especially since I have kids at home and that's why we wanted Closet World fix it. There was also a missing hole on the shelf so my husband won't be able to put the wires through for his computer equipment.

I texted the designer that evening and told her this was not what we wanted and that there were other issues we wanted to be fixed. She said she would contact her supervisor because our account belonged to some other department then. The next morning, I asked if they could compensate us and give us some discount but she said no. I asked for her supervisor and a gentleman called me back.

We talked about the issue but he said he would have to talk to the designer to know the whole picture and he would get back to me. I even emailed him the picture of where the issue was, but I never received a reply and we never heard anything back afterward. I'll text and email him again to see when they will come back to fix that. They should be more proactive and follow up on issues though. We even paid everything. Our experience has been acceptable but it could be better. My husband has been waiting for long and he actually said we'll just get a table.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm having a very bad experience with Closet World right now. They are installing my walk-in closet and it's been a month and a half to two months since they started but they haven't finished yet. They have come back three times fixing it and they haven't fixed it. The designer was good but the whole thing was a mess - the wrong color, missing pieces, the gap is not right in between the doors. They came two weeks ago and brought the wrong pieces. In addition, the installation is being done by multiple people. You tell one that one thing and if they have to tell it to somebody else, then somebody has to tell somebody else. I'm not happy at all and I just want to get the work done. I would never use Closet World again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World’s pricing was better than other companies and their designer was really nice. She stood with me for a couple of hours designing all three closets. She customized everything down to measuring the size of my husband's and my shoes. She also followed up with me daily. She's really good. As soon as they sent in my check, they called me right away to schedule the appointment for installation. The guy who did the install was awesome. He was one of the most polite installation man I've ever met. He made sure that his shoes didn't make my floor dirty. He did the job quickly and cleaned up after himself. He gave me an estimated time and met it. It was a great experience and I was very happy. I would go back to them for another project and I would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I want a couple of middle drawers for the closet in my house so called Closet World. The designer came and she took the measurements. The amount was $1800 something and there was supposed to be a 50% discount that they did not add. That was my mistake and I shouldn't have accepted. I said that it was fine as a long as she's here. When she put the order, she told me what I have to pay and I paid half of the price.

Later, it came out that she made mistakes in the measurements and they scheduled. The scheduling time is very long. It was more than two weeks. Then, after two weeks when the technician came, he brought the drawers and then he checked the trail which is long. It's a walk-in closet and when somebody walks inside, it's going to hit the head into the sharp part of the trail at the top. He said it wouldn't fit there and that he couldn't do that because the measurement is not correct. He then called somebody and that person said to just install it. I told them no because of this sharp part.

I got upset and the designer talked to me very rudely because I already paid half of the amount. I said to cancel this drawer that doesn't fit and let me have the other one. She said I can't have the other one either until I pay the full price. I asked if that means that's for one drawer, I have to pay $1800 and if it was fair. She said that is the rule because I've passed the time that I can cancel. It's not my fault and it was the time before the scheduling took so long. That took more than two weeks to prepare the drawers and bring it back.

The technician left because she told the technician to leave with the drawer. But I called that person again and I asked if I'm getting the refund. He said no and that I'm returning both drawers. In this case, they're not giving me back the $900. I'm not having the drawers and I'm losing that much money. I told them to call their technician back and let him install both drawers because I have no other choice. Either I have to lose the money without having both drawers even if I waited that long to have the drawers in my house or I have to pay this full amount and get one of the drawers that doesn't fit here. Instead of losing the money, I need to have whatever they have there.

But the technician was very nice and he was a very good guy. He came back in five minutes and installed both of them. One of the drawers is very good - the sliding that has two drawers. But with the other one that has three parts, the trail is still there and it's sharp. My son is four and he seeks there too and it's close to head. I asked the technician if there is anything that he could do to remove the sharp parts from the top and the bottom and he said he can't. We have to call a handyman who will do something for it. I did nothing to that and it's still there.

Later, I asked for the person who is I think a supervisor. I said it's not me and the scheduling took two weeks. Also, nobody told me that I can cancel before that date and how can I cancel if I don't see the stuff that I'm having? I know they're supposed to tell me that and supposed to see what they are bringing so I can cancel. I said that I don't really care it's their fault and that I want the drawers but to find a solution for it. They said no and that it's what they have. But he gave me a $200 discount on the top of $1800 for the price of two drawers. They were too expensive. I regret that because I went to Home Depot and other places that design drawers and they were much cheaper. It's a bad experience and I'm not going to deal with Closet World again. Also, I'm not telling anybody to deal with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've used Closet World nine years ago and this time, I had a storage closet installed. The designer was professional and our interaction was good. The installation was good and quick. It finished faster than expected. However, they used some acetone to wipe down the drawer and the shelves and I wasn't aware that they were going to do that. The smell was there for a while. They told me the smell was going to go away and it did after a while, but I would have wanted to know it before they used something chemical in the house because we have children and pets. Aside from that, the installers were really nice. My experience with Closet World has been really good overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World did our master bedroom walk-in closet. The designer was fantastic. She went through the different options, the whole layout that we were looking for, and what kind of needs we had. And then, we made a decision on what would work best for us. But there were problems with the installation crew. The first day, they were late by two hours. The worst part about it was that I had to make phone calls to find out where they were and I did not get any communication from Closet World.

One part of it that I didn’t realize was that when they took the baseboards off, they didn’t patch up and repaint it, and I didn’t remember them saying that. I had my paint and drywall people remove all that and paint the whole room before the closet was installed. If I’d known that they were going to not fix the paint on the bottom, I would have had them remove the baseboard as well. So, that’s kind of frustrating. Then I was told by the salesperson that that’s not going to be fixed by Closet World. The communication’s been awful from the actual installation side, but it was an adequate experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife chose Closet World and they installed closets for the two bedrooms and one in the hallway. The designer was very nice and very thorough. The installers also did a very nice job putting it all together and they did it all in one day. We’re very satisfied with Closet World.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had shelving and closets installed, running down both sides of my garage. I checked around at other places, but Closet World was the best deal. The designer who came out did the estimate and made me a good offer. She was very knowledgeable and professional. I had very good interactions with her. For the installation, the gentlemen were very nice and professional, too. The experience was very nice from beginning to end. I've also used Closet World about 10 years ago and I would highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I bought the house, the former owner already did the walk-in closet but my wife would like something changed with the drawers. I used Closet World eight years ago and I liked their product and service so I called them to come and redesign it with eight drawers. The design was okay. However, the installation and the material they used were totally unacceptable. The rollers they used were very cheap. The drawer would swing both sides.

My daughter paid and gave the check to them as we were in Europe during installation time. I told my daughter, she’s supposed not to give the check until we check that everything is okay. I tried to contact them and set up an appointment to fix the roller. They sent someone over without parts so the guy could not do anything at all. I called them and asked, “When are you going to fix it?” “Oh, you have to pay $80 more per drawer.” I have eight drawers so I had to pay another $640. It's ridiculous because their job was not up to customer satisfaction. I also asked them to fix the panel at the back and they didn’t show up.

It was terrible and I didn’t know where to complain because I would like to talk to the managers. I paid $200 from my own pocket and hired another company to come and change the roller because I cannot tolerate the billing. I will strongly tell people not to use their service. I spent $5,800 for such a small closet that is less than 60 square feet and their price is much higher compared to the other competitors. It stinks and there's no service after sales.

We’ve used Closet World before and got them again this time because of the discount price. The designers came in and told them what I wanted. They drew it up, we made some changes, agreed to it and they did the work. We had them install basic bedroom closet savers. They were fast and efficient but they weren’t as careful as I’d have liked. They have limited service like they take out the baseboard so they can flush the wall but they’re not careful on how they take them out. In my case, they punched in a little bit of the wall so I have to patch it. I didn’t appreciate that part but that’s the way the business is. They’re not really careful on that because they don’t cover it so they just get in and out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the reasons why I chose Closet World was the responsiveness. I called two other companies and I never even heard back from them. Also, the pricing was what I wanted to spend so it worked out okay. Their designer was very nice and the salesperson was very professional. The follow-up in regard to the installation was good. They let me know in advance and they kept me in contact with what was going on. The installer was a great guy. He was very clean, diligent, happy and knew his job so everything was good. We called our contact person because I wanted to order some more shelves for the closet. Usually, I like to have one person whom I deal with. She said that we'd get better response if we called there directly because they didn’t get back to her when she called. I called them and they took care of it. They're delivering the shelves tomorrow.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Closet World installed a custom walk-in closet for me. The pricing that they had was about 30% less than the estimate I received at the container store. The designer from Closet World was the one who closed the deal for me because she was phenomenal - so professional, proactive, and creative. She was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable, and suggestive on how to solve the problem of some empty corners and spaces compared to my experience with the competitor at the container store. The container store did a horrible job of laying it out and missed a lot of empty space and was not creative or proactive. However, the installers were about three hours late and that was a little frustrating. But they worked hard into the night until about 8:00 pm until it got done. Overall, it was an outstanding experience and customer service, and I will recommend Closet World to other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My contractor recommended Closet World. I got double-hanging closets, shelving, drawers, a master closet and a child's closet. The designer came over and measured stuff and did a couple of things before we decided to set it up. I touched base with her three times while she got me a quote. But I had an issue with the designer at the end because she had measured things wrong. All the stuff came up when the installers came in and the wrong measurements needed to be corrected.

The installers were great through and they did what they needed to do. But because things weren't measured properly and weren't designed correctly, the install process took about three hours longer. But they were troopers about it and they stayed until it's done. It was great. We're happy with the product and satisfied with a few things but the entire process with the designer was a little bit frustrating.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The lady from Closet World that came to make the estimate was good and their prices were reasonable. She was surprised I didn’t bargain for it because I probably could’ve gotten a much better price. The design was decent for the purpose I wanted, but for the price I paid, I could've gotten better. I didn’t bargain because it was 50% off already. The raw material was cheap. I could’ve bought it at a cheaper price or the materials could've been better. Other than that, I'm satisfied with their work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Closet World to install cabinets, workbench and other stuff in the garage. Installation went fine. They went about their work and got it done. Everything that Closet World said they were going to do, they took care of and did everything in a timely manner.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had California Closets and Closet World come out to give us quotes. I went with California Closets for one thing, and I went with the Closet World for our garage. But it was horrible with the Closet World designer. She sat in our house for six hours doing drawings, and I fed her lunch. She also measured the stuff wrong. We requested from Closet World to send someone else to re-measure and redesign, but it didn't happen. My husband ended up having to do all the drawings for hours.

But the installation was perfect. The team who worked on it showed up on time and was polite. They got my husband's drawing and installed the closets the way that we anticipated. They did cabinets, full large set of cabinets, pegboard, and a workbench for the garage. The final products were great and originally, we were told it might be a two-day project, but they got it all done in one day. Except for the designing part with the designer, everything went smoothly with Closet World.

Closet World Company Profile