toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I wanted to put shelvings in our garage. I went online and went to local stores and checked other companies. I checked Home Depot and Lowe's. But I didn't like the material they have, it was already falling apart inside the store. Also, It's ready made. It's not like they have to design it here. I went to the Closet World's store where they have a showroom. I checked and I decided to go with them. Their material looks like it's made to last forever. And with them, it was designed and fit for our house. So I decided to have the shelving in chrome, silver and black color.

Their designer was fantastic, very flexible and honest. She designed the shelves to fit our house, listed all my comments and my recommendations, and she even came back twice to address our concerns even after the first design. The guys who installed the shelves were very approachable, very confident and they put it up within a day. Everything went well. And then after it's all done, we were so happy, we didn't want to put anything inside it because it looks so fancy. We even invited the designer to come back and see what she had done to support us. It was an excellent and worthy experience with Closet World. And turning the garage like a living room was a fantastic job that I've ever done.

The contractor of the house recommended that I get Closet World. And I had them make a room into a closet. The designer was very fast and effective. She did a great job measuring and designing everything that had to be done but there was an issue with the delivery date. I told the designer that I couldn't do it on a certain day and she forgot to tell someone. The installation team ended up going to the house and no one was there so I had to reschedule but it was just a minor detail that happened. The installation team went in but I had to leave my house and they stayed there and were very professional. Everything was perfect but there was just an issue where the two shelves on the pantry weren't placed correctly and things I put there fell. I followed up and the guy said he was going to call me back to set up a date when they can go back and fix the two shelves but he hasn’t called yet.

We had the all white and silver thing that we hang our clothes on, installed by Closet World. It was added to the master closet. We decided to go with Closet World because it was a push to get it done and also, a friend recommended them. The lady who came in was awesome. I told her what I wanted for the closet. She put it together and I love what she did and we went for it.

There’s one thing that I’m absolutely not happy about, though. We had just painted the walls, put crown molding and we’re going to do base for it. When we got home, there was nothing in the closet, but when my husband went in the closet, he noticed on his side of the closet that there was a huge stain on the brand new paint that goes from where the shelves are. I would say two down, all the way down to the bottom. We tried to clean it but it will not clean off so unfortunately, we’re going to have to take it off and clean it. It’s very noticeable when you walk in and look to the right and it wasn't there before. That’s the only thing I would complain about. Other than that, everything else works great. The finished product is amazing and we’re so happy with it.

We worked with Closet World three years back. We recently had a closet and a cabinet installed in our garage by them, too. Their designer was very professional, helpful and friendly. He understood our problem and what we were going through. And so, he was able to explain what we were looking for and found the best way to handle our situation. The installation crew who came did the job cleanly, too. So far, everything was installed properly and everything has been as good as what we were expecting. It was a good experience with Closet World and I already recommended two of my friends to the designer and expertise.

I wanted a discount so I picked Closet World to install a basic closet system. The closet designer was very knowledgeable. Also, the guy who installed the closet was fast. However, I was not told that I would have to get rid of the old closet parts that the installer took out. The boards were too heavy for me to carry out to the trash and I have an issue with my spine. The guy left them in the bedroom and I had to try to get someone over here to carry them out for me. So, I don't know if I'll be using Closet World again or not.

I just moved here and I saw a couple people around my home were getting from Closet World, so I called the company to do a walk-in closet for my bedroom. Everything was good. The representative had a lot of knowledge on what he was doing. The other guy who came for the installation was very nice too. He was a professional and experienced guy who did a great job and he didn't take too much time.

But there were some other issues. There was a wall mount on the closet which the designer didn't see. The installer saw it when he came and he had to make another drawing because something was on the wall which was controlling the electricity. At the bottom, there was something that they had to take off in order to put the closet in. But husband didn't want that because he wanted to keep everything in their original condition. But if we were going with the other option of leaving them on, we were told it would be $300 more. My husband didn't want to pay as we already paid a lot of money, around $1600.

The installer took out small wall pieces in order to put the closet pieces on the wall. The installer was good about it, but we wish we could have known this before he took them out, but he said that there's no other option. Another issue was the designer told me that it was going to be a lifetime warranty but it wasn't. It was seven years which made me really upset. But then I don't have any other option. Other than that, I like everything else. I definitely prefer Closet World and I would recommend them.

I had a good experience with Closet World. I was able to see different companies like Closet Design, but I chose Closet World because the seller said it was a good brand. I didn't have any problems with the designer, and the installers did well. They came on time, finished in one day, and didn't mess anything. They were good guys.

I had Closet World make a few closets for me. However, at that time, I had a bad experience but the district manager was able to solve the problem. It was very hard for me because it took him two months to make a decision on everything. I already paid $600 so I have no option to change anything and agreed to continue. The designer, Patricia, was very good. However, it has something to do with miscommunications so when she sent me the design, I didn't like it. So I talked to the district manager and he set up something else. Although not the same of what I need, it was good. He adjusted everything. On the other hand, the cupboards they made were gorgeous. It looks good in my fresh room and even in my room. I had a specific set-up but I’m not this type of people who wouldn’t cooperate so it was okay. I want them to continue working in my garage but because I had a bad experience, I'm still thinking about it.

The installation experience was good. The installer understood everything. He answered my calls and he's very hard-working. I appreciate that. I needed a lock on my window drawers and have told the installer about it. He said he would talk to people and come back to fix it but no one came. I didn't get any email or anything from them. Nevertheless, I still like Closet World and would recommend to friends even though there are also a lot of competition out there.

Closet World was awesome and professional. Our interaction with their designer was really great. It took about four hours to have some garage cabinets installed and it went smoothly. My overall experience with them was amazing. I would recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Closet World?

Closet World was less expensive than other companies so, we had two closets remodeled by them. The designer that we worked with was professional and he was fast. Furthermore, the worker they sent was super nice. However, he had to come out twice because one of the closets was designed incorrectly. But he was fine and he came back quickly. And since they fixed the closets, everything has been great.

We used Closet World in all four of our houses. They knew exactly what I wanted, how I wanted it and they gave me whatever I needed. We got the wardrobes, shoe closets and all the garage cabinets installed. The installers came one afternoon and came another day in the morning and finished everything. We were totally fine with the quality of their products and the overall experience was excellent.

I used Closet World before. I had them do a master closet and another closet for me. My designer, Rachel was great. She was knowledgeable and able to answer questions. The installation went pretty smoothly too. It was all good.

We compared prices between Closet World and another competitor in our neighborhood and Closet World's prices and availability appealed to me. The designer was excellent and their customer service stayed on top of our phone calls. They called me after a month just to see if I needed anything. The installer took a little longer because he did both closets. If they had two people, the service would have been a little bit better.

I looked at a couple of different options and I liked Closet World’s the most. The designer was great. I had a chest of drawers, hanging shelves for clothing and shelving for shoes installed. But I found out that a couple of things were done wrong. They didn't secure some of the shelving, so it's causing everything to move. The rails where you hang clothes were falling up and down because the other end of the shelves wasn’t secure, so they're moving. And then, they used cheap materials for some of the drawers and they were falling.

The process of getting somebody out here was frustrating. They had to send me a form, I had to fill it out, send it with a check and then got a callback. It took months. The fact that I had to send a check before anybody came and then they didn't come for a long time was annoying. But then once the second guy came out, he was awesome and good. He fixed all the issues. It's been a great experience but it could have been better if they made a callback and got somebody out here faster.

Closet World was a little bit cheaper than other companies and the closet looked okay in the end. However, their designer didn't do a good job. We have a security system in the closet and she didn't measure the things correctly, so I ended up with a big empty space over there that needed to be furnished but they didn't do it. She came to the following appointment and I thought that she was gonna something about it but instead, she said that they will just leave it like this. Then when the guy came to install the Closet World closet, he ended up leaving me pieces of wood just in case I want to put more wood in there. He could have put something on top of the gray box and built more shelves in there. Though they did deduct $218 for that.

But I had to do it because by the time they came, I moved my old closet rack and my clothes were on top of my bed. I ended up calling a construction to remove my baseboard and retain the closet because the installer didn't fix it on the first time because it was on the way. For a month, I didn't have anything cause the designer did the wrong thing and then the guy came over and wanted to rip my carpet because of the wire on the way and then I said no. Also, I needed that big empty space for me to put purses or clothes. I ended up buying a lamp table and put it there alongside a big flower base with flowers in there so it doesn't look very empty.

I wasn’t happy about that. I was expecting more since I was paying a lot of money for that but I ended up expecting less. If I knew how to build closet things, I would not call Closet World or anybody else. The money was an option and I didn’t care about it. I cared about a good job. Overall, it was a really bad experience and a terrible mess. I will completely not recommend them.

Closet World sent out coupons in the mail for 50% off and so I called them to see if I could get some work done in the house. I ordered a couple of things from them. I had some garage cabinets and they installed it. I also had some garage flooring and had a little bit of trouble with it. Sometimes in the garage they have like cement curbs in California. So when one's gonna do garage flooring, they'd have to go up the curb and up the wall a little bit to let those curbs get done. The saleslady said they usually don’t go up the walls for the flooring but If I tell the installers, then they’ll do it, and that was a deal-breaker. When the installers came, they said that they can’t do that. I couldn’t cancel ‘cause they wouldn’t let me.

So then they had to install it and now I have an additional cost so we’re covering those curbs and going up the wall a little bit. I’m not happy with that. On the edges of the tiles, they have these little hook things that hook them together and he was gonna install it with the hooks all around the garage. I told him that it's gonna look totally ugly and I had to argue with them about that, too. I called the manager and told them then they agreed to cut those little hooks off so that way they’d be at least flush with the wall. I’m not gonna experience this a second time around because I’m not gonna go to them again for sure.

We have a $2-million home and we got this little pantry. Now the home is smaller, and we’re trying to make it better. My wife wanted a small closet and she was complaining about it, so I found this deal on Closet World and we had them install closets in the pantry and in the kitchen. The closets have a walnut color but are not real wood. The sales person at Closet World was a sweetheart. She's an older lady and a good people person. However, they committed a quote of $6,000 and then they got it done for $2,200. Where do they get these big numbers because it’s not real wood and how do they go from $6,000 to $2,000? A $6,000 closet have no interest to me and the closet is small. On the other hand, the installers did everything they were supposed to do. The only issue is that they could have painted the back wall because it got peeled off and they tore everything out, but instead, they ended up leaving. So except for that, we're happy with Closet world.

Closet World has a good name so I chose them. The designer was very helpful. She designed the stuff that they were offering and spent a lot of time with me trying to get the stuff that I needed. It was a very pleasant experience with her. The installation was very good and efficient as well. They took less than a day and it went very well. On top of that, the quality of the closets is very good.

I was shopping around and I got estimates from two companies but they were so busy and they couldn’t deliver the closet for another two months. Closet World did it in three weeks that’s why I went with them. I called them and the rep came and helped me with the design and said she’ll take care of it. I liked the way that she did things. She did the measurements and it turned out very nice. We did only three walls and I told her we'll add another wall next time. But I’m not very happy with the whole thing.

I already talked to the lady and she told me that she’s going to talk to her boss and get back to me, but she never did. My budget was limited and we did everything as standard. It doesn't look good and the problem is that now it looks like a huge closet and it's not wide enough. The one that I had in my head was a little bit wider. One-third of my dresses stay out of the wood and do not fit inside the closet. I sent some pictures with the floor and how the dresses look. That time the rep told me we should have gone with the longer option. She also told me that they did that size because my budget was low and it would have been more expensive.

At that time of installation, I was happy because all the boxes and dresses were on the floor. They came, they did it and it was awesome. But now I look at it, I wish I took my time and saved little bit more money and did a better work. Because now, I’m not happy with what I have and I want to change it in the future. Other than that, the designer did a good job so that part has nothing to do with my experience with the end result.

I had closets in the garage installed and the whole experience was pretty good. I made rough designs and was very specific. I knew exactly what I wanted and the Closet World designer implemented them. She was very professional and made things as pleasant as possible. She was courteous but always rushed. She had to come back three times because she ran out of time and had to make it to her next appointment but it was just a garage and I had my drawing so it all worked out.

The installer who came seemed very uninterested and low in energy. The garage was not completely empty and we tried to pile everything in the middle so that he could go around. And there were about four feet all around and a very open space in the driveway in the front where they can spread out their stuff. But the moment he walks in, he made a really big issue about it like the garage has to be emptied. At the end of the day, he worked but it took longer because he didn’t have a couple of things that he needed. The long weekend came and there were a few things lying in the backyard and it became inconvenient and unpleasant.

Also, the lady who took the order made some mistakes. The counter top for a workbench was not what I had specified. I had asked for sliding orders and she did not specify to them where they were, so they had to reinstall a couple of things. And then I had picked a color for the countertop, but it came as basic gray. So it went into a three-week project rather than a two-day project but they installed the counter top and it’s absolutely beautiful. I’m very happy with it. They also installed the peg board in the back and the same installer came. It was a little crooked and when I pointed it out to him, he said, "Your wall is crooked" and just walked out and did not quite finish. It’s loose on one end and fine on the other. He said, “I need to talk to somebody.” I’m guessing nobody’s going to come back now after all the installation and payments have been done. I’m willing to compromise and let go but it was not a very nice thing to walk out and not follow up.

Compared to other closet companies, they were the most responsive and easy to make an appointment with. I had cabinets installed in my garage and they were properly completed. The designer was superb and the installation team was on time. Everything went really smoothly. It was fantastic and I got exactly what I wanted. The cabinets looked beautiful and better than I thought.

I had used Closet World before and recently did a closet remodel with them. They put in a cabinet above my laundry washer dryer. It's all right but I'm not too pleased with some of the finished product. You can see a lot of glue in the cabinet of the laundry washer dryer. The material looks cheap, and the quality of the product should be a little bit better. But it's already in so what's done is done. They also didn't finish what they were supposed to finish.

The first time I worked with Closet World in 2015, I had three closets done and it was a horrible experience. The saleslady was very unprofessional and when it came time to get the work completed, the installer was late. Then it got later and later that I couldn’t reschedule anymore. I needed it done when they said they were gonna do it. On top of that, when they came to install, a couple of shelves didn’t even fit correctly, so I had to wait for them to bring new shelves. They also broke stuff which they just rigged together with L brackets.

Even so, I went back with them because they had all the credit set up. They also responded quickly and were the first one to come out. I told them what I experienced the previous time and I told them that I wanted better this time. But then the saleslady just showed up at my house because she forgot to fill out the correct papers. Although after that, my interaction with the designer was good. I told them what I needed and they came up with diagrams and helped me choose the correct layout. The installation was good and professional as well. The contractors came early, worked really fast and left everything nice and clean. I got five bedroom closets done and I really like my closet. This second time was a way better experience.

Closet World had a good reputation so I had them redo my closet in the master's bedroom. The girl that came to do the estimate spent a lot of time explaining everything and she's one of the keepers. She was very professional and the best. The installation experience was perfect and the job was completed on time, too. The installers were professional and courteous, as well.

I've used Closet World for years. The turnaround was faster with them compared to other companies. Recently, they helped us with our new home. The designer that I worked with was awesome. She also did the last two houses for us. I liked the way she made use of every ounce of space, she responded quickly and professionally, and she accommodated my schedule and wasn't upset when I had to cancel one time last minute.  And I even recommended her to our friends that just bought a home in our same neighborhood and they had her design their closet and ordered it through Closet World the other day, as well.

The same guy who installed the last two installations did it again this time and he was great and cleaned everything up. He's also knowledgeable and he made some concessions when I asked to have things move a little like higher or lower and was very nice and did it for me. The guy that runs the customer service that calls and schedule of the delivery is excellent, too. I needed the delivery sooner and he knew that we had moved in and had a cancellation on another job. As promised, he called me first and said he could move up my installation date.

I had Closet World put a broom closet in my laundry room. Other than the saleslady was kinda weird, everything else was fine. The designer came and drew up the plans, then she gave me a quote. It was very quick and easy. I just needed a tall cabinet to put my vacuums in and it didn’t take a lot of rocket science to figure it out. The installation guys were great too. They were humorous and quick. They knew what they were doing and they did a really nice job. Overall, the people from Closet World were competent and I got exactly what I asked for. Besides, I've used them before so I knew what I was getting.

I went to IKEA and saw a bunch of closets there and said to myself, "I'm not doing that." Then I saw the ad of Closet World in the paper so I snatched that up and called the number. It seemed pretty legit then a lady came out and took measurements. Their designer was okay but she was an oddball. She didn't understand what I was trying to go for and I kept saying there are certain aspects that I want then we ended up not getting them, but it’s still a nice closet. The installation was rough too. The installers forgot the drawers for my master bedroom closet so the project was left uncompleted for an extra two weeks. Although I got an organized closet now, I wouldn’t recommend them to somebody else. Poor experience and I suggest they get it together.

Closet World did my mirror sliding doors for my closet. Gale, who was the designer, Reuben, who was one of the supervisors and several people I've dealt with were extremely helpful. The three installers that came out were really nice people. On the other hand, the installation was more of a challenge because the measurements were incorrect the first time they came out to install. They had to reorder but they ordered the wrong doors so when they came out the second time to install, it was the wrong door and wrong style. But by the third time they came out, it was correct. I have spoken to their customer service and they felt bad about what happened and they definitely were trying to take care of it. I'm glad it's done and I love the doors, which is what's most important.

The person that was in my house prior to me had used Closet World for the other closets in my house and I like the way they looked and I wanted them to match so I called them. The designer was great but I had one issue wherein I didn’t purchase the backing because she didn’t think it was necessary and didn’t help me understand that it should have been purchased. She just basically said, “Do you want backing?” I said, “No.” And that was it. When the installation crew came to put my closet in, they installed it in record time. I thought they were going to be here all day but they were here for an hour or two. They were great and very forthcoming with me that the walls would not look good after.

There were huge gaping holes that were left because I didn’t purchase the backing and that was my major complaint. They said “You didn’t purchase backing?” And I said, “Yeah, I didn’t think it was necessary.” And they basically said, “It’s definitely necessary because you’re going to have huge holes in your walls.” I had to call Handyman and pay an additional $150 the next day to repair the walls. If the designer had checked the walls she probably would know and say, “Hey this definitely requires backing. You’re going to have huge holes.” Then she could have put that into the estimate and I would have been prepared.

Closet World had done work for us in the past and recently, we had cabinets installed in the laundry room and food pantry. The designer was very helpful. There were a couple of things that they didn't get right the first time. There was a false drawer door and the drawer that was supposed to be put in but when I got home, it was missing. There were open slots but I went back to the drawing and it was supposed to be a drawer and a fake door front next to it where the sink would go in. Then, there were two wire racks and my wife was very specific about them being 12 inches deep but they ended up being 20 inches deep. But they came back, fixed those and they replaced the racks with the right size racks. So, that all was fine and it's a good experience. I'd do it again.

Closet World has been advertising and for the last 20-something years, it's been coming in my junk mail every day. I figured I’d give them a try. We had eight closets done, five upstairs and three downstairs. Then, a design consultant came out and measured things. I chose what type of system and finishes I wanted. Several weeks after that, the installation crew came and they were very professional. However, we found an error in the measurement the designer made and they had to make some adjustments. They corrected that on the fly.

Afterwards, we had a follow-up appointment because they were missing something. It may have been due to the measurement error but anyway the second trip wasn’t very long. It took them two days to complete it all. But they didn’t arrive till after noon on the first day. But, it went well and they did a great job. In fact, I've already called Randy who is the local service manager. I took some measurements and I'm having additional shelves sent out. I underestimated how many additional shelves I wanted so that's more business for Closet World. I've been very satisfied with my Closet World experience.

I've been dealing with Closet World for at least 20 years. They did some closet's treatments in my house in Manhattan Beach. And then, I moved about two years ago and I needed some closets and organization in the new home that I moved in. If I need closets or storage, they've always been my go-to. They recently turned a bathroom into a pantry for me. They did a lot, also built in for a small closet. The designer was very good, right on target. They did what I wanted and met my needs. The installation team did a good job too. They came when they said they were going to come. I keep going back to them because the work has always been top quality. I would definitely recommend them. They're fair and compared to other closets companies, in my experience, they're just as good if not better.

I had shelves and rods done by Closet World in all four of my closets and I loved it. The designer was here for quite a while. We talked and she measured a lot. She offered me things and I made suggestions and we came up with the design I wanted. For the installation, only one man came. But he smiled nicely and worked continuously for about four hours. He was very competent. He knew what to do and he did it and then I signed something and he left. The closets were very well done and the entire experience was very good. Closet World was recommended to me by friends and if others asked, I would recommend they have it done as well.

Closet World did our closet about three years ago in our own home. Now our sons need closets so we called them again. Their designer was great and Manuel, the technician, did what he can not to destroy our closet area, installed the closet, and cleaned up after. On the other hand, the drawers are so deep and big that you can't see all the clothes. I wish they were smaller and there were more drawers. Other than that, everything was good and I'd recommend Closet World.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Closet World is a California-based home organization company that specializes in designing customized organizational solutions for homeowners. They have four locations in California and Nevada.

• Built-in options: Closet World’s closets can be customized to include built-in drawers for jewelry, purses, accessories or anything else you want. You can also have built-in hampers, shelves and cubbies installed.
  • Free consultation: Start the organization process with a free design consultation. Schedule one by calling Closet World or by filling out a short form online. Your design consultation should take around an hour and will include measuring your space, itemizing your belongings and talking about design options.
  • One-day installation: Most Closet World units can be installed and ready for use in as little as one day. Note that this timing doesn’t include designing and ordering the unit.
  • Bedtec Wallbeds: Designed with small spaces in mind, Closet World’s Bedtech wallbed is designed to safely tuck away behind doors when you aren’t using it. This helps homeowners maximize small living spaces with style.
  • Organize other spaces in your home: Closet World organizes more than just closets. Call them for help designing an organizational solution for your garage, home office, laundry room or pantry.
  • Best for Closet World is best for small home dwellers and luxury homeowners who live in California or Nevada.

Closet World Company Profile