2. Homeowners

4.4/5 (87 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Champion Windows and Home Exteriors

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors is a home improvement company that specializes in custom-built windows, doors, siding and sunroom additions. All its products are backed by a limited lifetime warranty that covers necessary repairs, parts and labor. You can see Champion’s products at showrooms across the country and schedule a free quote online.

Pros

• Good quality
  • Several U.S. locations
  • Highly customizable

Cons

• Can be expensive
  • Pricing available only with a quote

Bottom Line

Champion offers customized home improvement items with no middleman or third parties. It can be pricey, but it could be good if you’re looking for custom-built window replacements, siding or sunroom additions.

Top Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows & Home Exteriors?

Verified

Champion was awesome. I had them install sliding glass doors and the quality is amazing. They did a really nice job. The installers were really good. They came in, they did their ...

Verified

I'm satisfied with the work that Champion Windows did… We had them help us with the sunroom. The quality is very high. I got what I paid for with the package and how I got everyth...

What is Champion?

Champion is a home improvement company that offers replacement windows, stain-resistant siding, sunroom additions and custom doors. All its products are built in the U.S. and backed by a limited lifetime warranty. It offers some high-efficiency window options and uses a high-quality sealant for its installations to ensure proper window insulation. Champion also builds sunrooms in a variety of sizes and works with you to design a layout that suits your home.

Champion installation

Champion includes installation in your free quote. It outlines a six-step installation process on its website:

• Greet and process
  • Prepare the area
  • Prepare and clean opening
  • Insulate and seal frame
  • Clean up
  • Verify work

Champion also offers cold-weather installation, which minimizes energy loss and drafts.

Champion prices

Although Champion doesn’t offer prices online or over the phone, you can get a free quote and consultation by filling out a form on its website. Because it cuts out the middleman, it offers prices slightly lower than you might expect — but it still might be expensive. Your free quote includes installation, so you won’t be hit with any installation fees. Champion also offers a YES (Your Exclusive Savings) Program, which provides discounted services.

Champion FAQ

Who owns Champion?
Michael Lentin has owned Champion since 2011.
How much is a Champion sunroom?
A typical Champion sunroom addition costs anywhere from $8,000 to $45,000; you can get a free quote for a new sunroom.
What are Champion’s windows made of?
Champion’s windows are made of pure vinyl.
What types of windows does Champion sell?
Champion sells a variety of windows, from bay windows to basement hoppers.

Is Champion any good?

Champion offers high-quality replacement windows, siding, sunrooms and more. Because it works with you directly to handle design, manufacturing and installation, Champion is worth looking into if you want a full-service home improvement company with customizable options.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows and Home Exteriors?

Original review: March 16, 2021

My daughter and son-in-law had new windows and siding put on their home and I liked the quality of the windows. I had Champion install mine too and I absolutely love the clarity, the money that they saved me, and the easy cleaning. I also had a storm door put on the front door and I really enjoy it where the screen comes up when you pull down the window. I highly recommend Champion. They're fantastic.

I'm older and I’m immaculate about my home. When my dryer had a mark on it, I called Champion and wanted the rep to see it. He said, “Just go and clean it. It’s just something got scrubbed out.” He calmed and reassured me. When the manager of the working crew came out, he was awesome. There was a problem with my front window. It was like a bay window that jutted out. There was water damage. They had to replace the lumber and they had to put new bottom steel plates. The manager said, “Rest assured we're gonna take care of it.”

I was really taken care of and I was very impressed by their service. They were an excellent crew and they worked very well. They cleaned up the screws around the plates from taking out the old windows. My dad was self-employed for 38 years. You always put a smile on and you put your best foot forward. And that's what the crew did. They provided old fashioned service. It's always nice to see a company that cares about their service, their name, and their reputation. I'm very well pleased. My value has gone up immensely since I bought my home. And my windows look fantastic.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks very much for the kind words here, Robin! We appreciate it.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I'm from Louisiana and we always saw Champion in Louisiana doing renovations or additions or windows. We saw them advertised here and we wanted to expand our back so we put a 512 square feet on the back of the house. The experience was great. It didn't take as long. It took longer waiting for the stuff to come. The concrete guys came and went and we didn't know when they were coming back. But other than that, everything else worked like a charm. Dan, my salesman, was fantastic. When I couldn't get through to the project manager, he got me a direct line to get through to him. The guy was there by himself with all the projects they had going on. They finally got him help which made communication and feedback a lot easier to get across.

The two guys were fantastic and polite. It was a very nice process. We had a heck of a storm come through and they even made it where we could make sure we got the water out. Even though they had to redo a piece of the bottom plate, we were able to keep water from coming up into the house. I gave the gentleman a hit list and they came back. They hit it and there was no issues. They really did a great job in taking care of the little stuff that may have been considered nitpicking to some people. I saw some dimples on the roof and the guy came and caulked it. Some screws were missing and they came back and filled in. A piece of trim was a little bit too big and it would bow so he fixed that.

They were great. I would give a 10 out of 10 to them. We referred them to a couple of other people that saw the place and liked it. That's how happy we are with it. I just got to ask somebody about the noises though. Sometimes you think a bird's flying into a window or like something landed on a roof. It sounds that loud.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for the review, Lloyd.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

My daughter and son-in-law contacted Champion for windows and doors at their house. Then they asked the sales rep to come in and visit me. They did storm doors and a replacement window. I had also got a porch. It took a while but I understand with covid that you can't get supplies overnight. About three weeks ago, we had very strong winds. It blew the storm door on my front porch open and it bent the arms on the closers. The closers weren't working right. By the time I called them, it took over two weeks to get somebody here. With the wind, it was just hanging out there. I was afraid it was gonna tear off or break so I had to, over two weeks, put a rocking chair and kind of jam it where if the wind blew, it didn't bounce around. I also had a new rescue dog and when he heard that noise, he went crazy barking.

I was a little disappointed on the long wait to get somebody to fix it. I live on the main drag that comes into our small town so everybody had probably seen that I had a door open for over two weeks. When they sent somebody, he didn't have closers to replace the ones on there. They didn't have closers in stock but Menards handles the same kind of door. He even said, "I'll run to Menards to see if I can get one." I have not heard anything back from them and it's been over a week. I am still waiting for them to return and install proper closers on my door. It closes now but I have to pull it shut. But overall, I'm very pleased with them. Their product is very good and the rep was fantastic. The installers were very courteous, nice and efficient in getting things done.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced, and we hope to make this right. Please reach out to us directly in national customer care, so we can rectify this issue – 513-327-7338. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

16 years ago, I had windows put in. I had been watching advertisements about Champion Windows. We had windows placed in, and I absolutely loved them. It's the best investment I ever made. Then I went and had a back porch put on it. I had a window got damaged and shattered. So, when I called Champion up, they came out. And that was my third experience with them. They came out to replace the windows. And they found out the front window, we had a seal broken. They replaced it too, and I am completely satisfied. I love them.

I replaced all of my windows about 16 years ago. What I had Champion last out for was service on those windows. I was mowing the lawn, shot a rock, broke the outside glass on my patio door. But they came out. They replaced it for $99. This is the third time that has happened too. Also, I just replaced all my gutters in my house with Champion. They outsourced it, and I get it because I do that. I put an awning over my back. I liked that gutter so well. I figured, “Hey, you guys could fix that.” So, they did.

I go and talk to them. And they say, “Hey, you think about this and this and this. If you wanna do something in the future, you don't have to do it.” I'll use the back patio. “You wanna put another fan, give us a call. But why don't you see how it works when you’re not in the sun anymore?” Those are the types of things that I rely on them to make the right decision and all the details. So, the communication is outstanding.

They come in. Their face is covered. They asked if it's okay to come in when they replaced the back door, sliding glass door, as well as the front window where the seal is broken. My wife and I are fine with the COVID thing. I believe I've already had it back in December, so I'm not too concerned about it. But their technicians were, and that's what made it great. They noticed the seal breaking. I didn't. I thought the window was dirty. I was like, “That was clean.” And he was like, “That's not dirt on the inside or out. That's in between. Our seal broke.” All replaced and taken care of all in the same day. And it was 45 minutes for them, so they know what they're doing.

I'm not getting that guy that's trying to collect money. I've had door-to-door salesmen tell me my roof needs fixing or those windows are old. I said, “You're not touching my windows. See you later.” But I love the fact that when I get here, it’s somebody that’s been in the business. They’re seasoned. They know what they're talking about. They give me ideas. It's not like a push. Every time I had a problem, I picked up the phone and called Champion. They tell me what they do or don't do. And they did everything so far I’ve gotten.

We had challenges with COVID in getting the product. It took probably four months to get it installed. The thing was they kept calling. It's okay, but they kept calling me, saying, “Look, we're backlogged.” And as far as I know, I'm talking. It's when you don't know. That's when it happens. People start thinking. And it was even my wife, “When are they gonna fix the windows?” I said, “They’re backlogged, honey. It's still coming in.” They didn't have the window from locally. They said they even have to get it from the manufacturer’s shop in Cincinnati. It's coming in, everything else. I like the sales and the support I get in the phone calls, and they stand behind their product 100%.

I've had a couple screens go. My dog tried to chase a rabbit. It went right through the screen. And they’ve had no questions asked. They came out, they repaired it and took care of it. I know there's a service call and everybody has to pay for gas somewhere, but outstanding. The service after the installation was even better than the service of the installation. I can't tell enough people when I walk around, “I go to Champion.” I know there are other manufacturers. They all preach the same thing. But Champion's quality and pricing are better than all.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you so much for this detailed review, Paul. We're thrilled to have you as a long-time, repeat customer of Champion.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I was about to call Andersen ‘cause they gave me a new front door, but I had a horrible experience with them. They were way more expensive and their quality wasn't as good. My friend said that I needed Champion to come by. Their guy came and talked to the owner’s son. I ended up getting windows in my entire house and French doors. Everybody's been friendly. I'm just waiting for them to come and do a service. The locks on the French door was having a problem. I had a handyman look at it and he said he won't touch it. It’s stuck and it should be under warranty. I was not too thrilled about those locks. Maybe it was just the moisture. I didn't know why it would do that. Everything else, we like the whole thing with Champion Windows. These crank windows are absolutely beautiful and it’s my favorite.

I need the locks to be fixed before my renters move in on Monday and so everybody was very helpful in trying to make that happen. They were nice and I knew they were tired. They were doing some drywall work and I had to go back and do a little bit of touch-up on what they did. They were wonderful, professional, kind, and did a great job. I've had my neighbors come over and look at my windows. I told them the experience between Andersen Windows and Champion was day and night.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review here, Lara!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

We are in the waiting process of getting two new windows and complete siding, insulation/wrap and new gutters, soffit and shutters and also trim in the all the windows and doors and shop garage door on our home here in East Tennessee. Now we did the quote in May and we are waiting out the lead times of mid September for the windows and around November for the other exterior upgrades. I will follow up on that when it occurs.

I wanted to note that they have been great to work with so far, I have had to make the calls to see the lead time status or if there are any updates for work to start but I do understand that we are not their only customer too. We are excited to get the work done and see the new face lift of our home. I will post again on the quality of the workmanship of this work when it occurs so there is more to follow.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

We recently had a sliding patio door with a dog door in it and two windows installed. The crew was putting the patio door in, and it was a little bit difficult. It had been custom-made and they had to go out of their way quite a bit to get it to fit. But it came out nicely. I like them really well. It's just what we needed.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

The sales rep was professional, and he knew what he was talking about. We discussed which window would be better, because we were getting double windows and the thing was buy one, get one free. We got a sliding double hung window and a picture window, and when the installers put them in, they were there all day. They showed up in the morning and they finished in the afternoon time. They did good, and they were very professional and friendly. Champion Windows's product is good and it's doing its job, but it's expensive.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I ordered doors in May 2020 which were not installed until Nov 2020. Installer damaged trim. With several calls and letters to the company it has not been corrected. The attempts they made included installation of mix matched wood around the door. Now at July 2021 my front door is without trim. They have removed the trim and white drywall is showing in my living room. Champion Windows and Doors will not respond to my messages or emails.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

We're very sorry for this delay, Katherine. We have spoken with the local office and will have the installation manager get in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you, Champion Customer Care

Original review: July 23, 2021

I purchased 20 windows, four doors, and the sunroom from Champion. The quality of the products is fantastic. It's all very good. The sales rep was really good. First, he came out about the sunroom. Then, after the sunroom was mostly built, I had him come out and I talked to him about the windows and the doors. He knew what he was talking about. He knew what we needed and ordered it. He had a lot of good suggestions.

The sunroom was really good. It took them a while though. The weather had a lot to do with it and COVID had some other things to do with it. But we finally got it done. The windows, I was amazed how fast they got those in. The doors, there was a lot of work they had to do to get those doors in. But once they were in, they were fabulous. Champion is great. The big difference has been my air condition. I can set it where I like it instead of setting it where I would set it to save money. Now, I've got it set where I enjoy the temperature and my air conditioner hardly comes on during the day. It's been in the hundreds for weeks.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Company Information