2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.42/5

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors is a home improvement company that specializes in custom-built windows, doors, siding and sunroom additions. All its products are backed by a limited lifetime warranty that covers necessary repairs, parts and labor. You can see Champion’s products at showrooms across the country and schedule a free quote online.

BOTTOM LINE

Champion offers customized home improvement items with no middleman or third parties. It can be pricey, but it could be good if you’re looking for custom-built window replacements, siding or sunroom additions.

PROS

• Good quality
  • Several U.S. locations
  • Highly customizable

CONS

• Can be expensive
  • Pricing available only with a quote

Top Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows & Home Exteriors?

Champion was awesome. I had them install sliding glass doors and the quality is amazing. They did a really nice job. The installers were really good. They came in, they did their thing, they took out the old stuff and they cleaned everything up...I was very pleased.

I'm satisfied with the work that Champion Windows did… We had them help us with the sunroom. The quality is very high. I got what I paid for with the package and how I got everything I wanted electrical-wise. The installation was very efficient...They cleaned up afterwards, so it went really well.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Call Now Toll Free (888) 817-6992 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is Champion?

Champion is a home improvement company that offers replacement windows, stain-resistant siding, sunroom additions and custom doors. All its products are built in the U.S. and backed by a limited lifetime warranty. It offers some high-efficiency window options and uses a high-quality sealant for its installations to ensure proper window insulation. Champion also builds sunrooms in a variety of sizes and works with you to design a layout that suits your home.

Champion installation

Champion includes installation in your free quote. It outlines a six-step installation process on its website:

• Greet and process
  • Prepare the area
  • Prepare and clean opening
  • Insulate and seal frame
  • Clean up
  • Verify work

Champion also offers cold-weather installation, which minimizes energy loss and drafts.

Champion prices

Although Champion doesn’t offer prices online or over the phone, you can get a free quote and consultation by filling out a form on its website. Because it cuts out the middleman, it offers prices slightly lower than you might expect — but it still might be expensive. Your free quote includes installation, so you won’t be hit with any installation fees. Champion also offers a YES (Your Exclusive Savings) Program, which provides discounted services.

Champion FAQ

Who owns Champion?
Michael Lentin has owned Champion since 2011.
How much is a Champion sunroom?
A typical Champion sunroom addition costs anywhere from $8,000 to $45,000; you can get a free quote for a new sunroom.
What are Champion’s windows made of?
Champion’s windows are made of pure vinyl.
What types of windows does Champion sell?
Champion sells a variety of windows, from bay windows to basement hoppers.

Is Champion any good?

Champion offers high-quality replacement windows, siding, sunrooms and more. Because it works with you directly to handle design, manufacturing and installation, Champion is worth looking into if you want a full-service home improvement company with customizable options.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows and Home Exteriors?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I'm from Louisiana and we always saw Champion in Louisiana doing renovations or additions or windows. We saw them advertised here and we wanted to expand our back so we put a 512 square feet on the back of the house. The experience was great. It didn't take as long. It took longer waiting for the stuff to come. The concrete guys came and went and we didn't know when they were coming back. But other than that, everything else worked like a charm. Dan, my salesman, was fantastic. When I couldn't get through to the project manager, he got me a direct line to get through to him. The guy was there by himself with all the projects they had going on. They finally got him help which made communication and feedback a lot easier to get across.

The two guys were fantastic and polite. It was a very nice process. We had a heck of a storm come through and they even made it where we could make sure we got the water out. Even though they had to redo a piece of the bottom plate, we were able to keep water from coming up into the house. I gave the gentleman a hit list and they came back. They hit it and there was no issues. They really did a great job in taking care of the little stuff that may have been considered nitpicking to some people. I saw some dimples on the roof and the guy came and caulked it. Some screws were missing and they came back and filled in. A piece of trim was a little bit too big and it would bow so he fixed that.

They were great. I would give a 10 out of 10 to them. We referred them to a couple of other people that saw the place and liked it. That's how happy we are with it. I just got to ask somebody about the noises though. Sometimes you think a bird's flying into a window or like something landed on a roof. It sounds that loud.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for the review, Lloyd.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

My daughter and son-in-law contacted Champion for windows and doors at their house. Then they asked the sales rep to come in and visit me. They did storm doors and a replacement window. I had also got a porch. It took a while but I understand with covid that you can't get supplies overnight. About three weeks ago, we had very strong winds. It blew the storm door on my front porch open and it bent the arms on the closers. The closers weren't working right. By the time I called them, it took over two weeks to get somebody here. With the wind, it was just hanging out there. I was afraid it was gonna tear off or break so I had to, over two weeks, put a rocking chair and kind of jam it where if the wind blew, it didn't bounce around. I also had a new rescue dog and when he heard that noise, he went crazy barking.

I was a little disappointed on the long wait to get somebody to fix it. I live on the main drag that comes into our small town so everybody had probably seen that I had a door open for over two weeks. When they sent somebody, he didn't have closers to replace the ones on there. They didn't have closers in stock but Menards handles the same kind of door. He even said, "I'll run to Menards to see if I can get one." I have not heard anything back from them and it's been over a week. I am still waiting for them to return and install proper closers on my door. It closes now but I have to pull it shut. But overall, I'm very pleased with them. Their product is very good and the rep was fantastic. The installers were very courteous, nice and efficient in getting things done.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced, and we hope to make this right. Please reach out to us directly in national customer care, so we can rectify this issue – 513-327-7338. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

16 years ago, I had windows put in. I had been watching advertisements about Champion Windows. We had windows placed in, and I absolutely loved them. It's the best investment I ever made. Then I went and had a back porch put on it. I had a window got damaged and shattered. So, when I called Champion up, they came out. And that was my third experience with them. They came out to replace the windows. And they found out the front window, we had a seal broken. They replaced it too, and I am completely satisfied. I love them.

I replaced all of my windows about 16 years ago. What I had Champion last out for was service on those windows. I was mowing the lawn, shot a rock, broke the outside glass on my patio door. But they came out. They replaced it for $99. This is the third time that has happened too. Also, I just replaced all my gutters in my house with Champion. They outsourced it, and I get it because I do that. I put an awning over my back. I liked that gutter so well. I figured, “Hey, you guys could fix that.” So, they did.

I go and talk to them. And they say, “Hey, you think about this and this and this. If you wanna do something in the future, you don't have to do it.” I'll use the back patio. “You wanna put another fan, give us a call. But why don't you see how it works when you’re not in the sun anymore?” Those are the types of things that I rely on them to make the right decision and all the details. So, the communication is outstanding.

They come in. Their face is covered. They asked if it's okay to come in when they replaced the back door, sliding glass door, as well as the front window where the seal is broken. My wife and I are fine with the COVID thing. I believe I've already had it back in December, so I'm not too concerned about it. But their technicians were, and that's what made it great. They noticed the seal breaking. I didn't. I thought the window was dirty. I was like, “That was clean.” And he was like, “That's not dirt on the inside or out. That's in between. Our seal broke.” All replaced and taken care of all in the same day. And it was 45 minutes for them, so they know what they're doing.

I'm not getting that guy that's trying to collect money. I've had door-to-door salesmen tell me my roof needs fixing or those windows are old. I said, “You're not touching my windows. See you later.” But I love the fact that when I get here, it’s somebody that’s been in the business. They’re seasoned. They know what they're talking about. They give me ideas. It's not like a push. Every time I had a problem, I picked up the phone and called Champion. They tell me what they do or don't do. And they did everything so far I’ve gotten.

We had challenges with COVID in getting the product. It took probably four months to get it installed. The thing was they kept calling. It's okay, but they kept calling me, saying, “Look, we're backlogged.” And as far as I know, I'm talking. It's when you don't know. That's when it happens. People start thinking. And it was even my wife, “When are they gonna fix the windows?” I said, “They’re backlogged, honey. It's still coming in.” They didn't have the window from locally. They said they even have to get it from the manufacturer’s shop in Cincinnati. It's coming in, everything else. I like the sales and the support I get in the phone calls, and they stand behind their product 100%.

I've had a couple screens go. My dog tried to chase a rabbit. It went right through the screen. And they’ve had no questions asked. They came out, they repaired it and took care of it. I know there's a service call and everybody has to pay for gas somewhere, but outstanding. The service after the installation was even better than the service of the installation. I can't tell enough people when I walk around, “I go to Champion.” I know there are other manufacturers. They all preach the same thing. But Champion's quality and pricing are better than all.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you so much for this detailed review, Paul. We're thrilled to have you as a long-time, repeat customer of Champion.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I've known about Champion for quite some time. Decades ago, I did the financing for Champion in my area and then part of the southeast when I worked for a finance company. They were my main dealership from when I first started and it turned into many other places because of them. When I got ready to think about doing my windows, some other people in my neighborhood had recently used Champion and it kinda came to the forethought. It was a no-brainer. I got some prices out there and Champion came in very competitively. The person I worked with was very personable person and easy to get along with.

I had windows installed then I got a three-panel door put in as well. I replaced every window in the house. The installation went well. There was some rain but their guys powered right through. They opened up a hole and before they left, they made sure the hole was filled. I was really well impressed with what they did and how they did it. That was a good experience. They were really enjoyable and they really improved the look of the house. I've always been proud of my house. Recently because rates dropped, I refinanced my house. I put the windows in and I built a deck as well. It was almost dollar-for-dollar and I got back on my appraisal.

It's been 10 years plus since I've had an appraisal done. But I was well impressed with the value of the home. I really feel that's due to the windows, like the look and feel of the house plus updating it. Our investment really returned to us. I'm getting ready to call back and get one more door replaced. We were waffling whether we wanted to do it or not. We've changed our minds that we do wanna do it now so we're getting ready to engage Champion again here shortly.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Champion offered the ability to do part of the windows. I have had other places out here, and the financing company would only run my credit to see if I could get all of them done and then, they would not approve me. My credit’s not good enough for that. The financing company of Champion approved me for an amount. Instead of all of the windows, I was able to get some of them done, which was fine with me.

The other reason that I went with Champion was that I have a really old house that had rotted window frames that were gonna need to be replaced when the window was put back in. Two out of the three other companies that I had come in and look told me that I would have to have a second contract company come in, that their employees only installed the windows. They didn’t do any framework, which is kinda down. I also don't live in a neighborhood where I can just leave the windows open for another company to come in a week later to do something.

I got six windows from Champion. My experience with their rep was pretty good. I didn’t have any complaints when he left. After the fact, he did miss something when he wrote the contract up, which caused a bit of a problem when the windows were installed. But ultimately, it was all worked out. The quality of the windows is pretty good. I don't have any complaints at all about them. They are far above the quality of the windows I had in here before. I’m definitely enjoying them.

I feel like the installation could have been done a little cleaner though. There are little things that I don't like about it. For the amount of money that I paid, I expected something a little more than what I got. There are things like the sealant as well. It’s two different colors. They ran out of white, so they used clear. The front window on my house has two different colors on it. The fascia on the base is opened on the sides and they used sealant to fill it. So, it doesn't look very clean. The base of the windows, some of them are slanted and some of them are flat. The appearance of the windows is a little bothersome. But, it doesn't bother me enough to call in and complain and have somebody come out here and fix it.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Champion recently installed some basement windows for me. The salesperson came out, did his spiel, and measured. He was a pretty decent guy and was very knowledgeable of the product. I wasn't high-pressured to buying the product. The installer was okay but it took him an extra day to get the proper equipment or product. He wasn't prepared. That aside, I was happy with my windows.

Original review: March 25, 2021

The guys from Champion were phenomenal. We had a window that leaked and the board was rotting out. They took the siding off the house and replaced about four feet of two by sixes. The guys did excellent work. Mike, the fellow that I always deal with and Marta, the lady I call for repairs is like talking to your family. They take you in interest and make sure you get everything you need done. People can do comparison shopping but you’ll probably always come back with better results if you go with a local company. Champion have super people. I couldn't be more satisfied with anybody that's done any kind of work for us.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I liked the salesman so I went with Champion for my windows and siding. He seemed super knowledgeable on the stuff and wasn't pushy like most. Then, I was given a timeline and it was fine. It was wintertime so I figured it would be more towards the spring when they would want to replace the windows but they did it. The crew they subbed out the installation to did a great job. I'd recommend Champion.

Original review: March 16, 2021

My daughter and son-in-law had new windows and siding put on their home and I liked the quality of the windows. I had Champion install mine too and I absolutely love the clarity, the money that they saved me, and the easy cleaning. I also had a storm door put on the front door and I really enjoy it where the screen comes up when you pull down the window. I highly recommend Champion. They're fantastic.

I'm older and I’m immaculate about my home. When my dryer had a mark on it, I called Champion and wanted the rep to see it. He said, “Just go and clean it. It’s just something got scrubbed out.” He calmed and reassured me. When the manager of the working crew came out, he was awesome. There was a problem with my front window. It was like a bay window that jutted out. There was water damage. They had to replace the lumber and they had to put new bottom steel plates. The manager said, “Rest assured we're gonna take care of it.”

I was really taken care of and I was very impressed by their service. They were an excellent crew and they worked very well. They cleaned up the screws around the plates from taking out the old windows. My dad was self-employed for 38 years. You always put a smile on and you put your best foot forward. And that's what the crew did. They provided old fashioned service. It's always nice to see a company that cares about their service, their name, and their reputation. I'm very well pleased. My value has gone up immensely since I bought my home. And my windows look fantastic.

Original review: March 13, 2021

We had an idea that we wanted to pursue so we talked to several companies that did that kind of work. We were fortunate to find Champion and they did a great job for us. We got an outdoor living area and they screened it in for us. We worked with a fella by the name of John and he really sat down with us, worked us through what our ideas were, and put a design together to match that. The design worked out terrific, and the workmanship and the product quality were exceptional.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Jim, we are delighted to hear we provided a top-notch experience! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is wonderful to hear we were able to provide you with excellent service.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Company Information