1.26/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

61 Champion Window Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

They destroyed my fuse breaker when wiring the electric outlets. My fuse breaker trips all day long because of their faulty wiring issues. I have major problems with my fuse box breakers. I had an established electric review why my fuse breaker is always tripping and they informed me that Champion put faulty wiring in my fuse box breaker.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Champion installed patio doors in a new construction sunroom. Several years later seals went bad and they sent service guy out and charged me a service call and said they’d repair it under warranty. Four months later they still haven’t fixed my door and their fast talking customer rep tells me it will be at least 2 more months before they can fix my door. Too many reputable manufacturers out there. Don’t buy from Champion!

Get expert buying tips about Sunroom Addition Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We purchased windows from Champion and took a little while to get the windows. That was our fault because we had to get approval from the HOA for what we were doing to the house. The install is where everything came crashing down. They say the windows are custom built to your window opening but that's a lie. One of my windows had half inch gap on top and both sides of the opening. They say it is installed correctly. Also on install day they didn't have all of our windows on the truck and were going to send the last one out on another truck. It magically "broke" and had to wait 2 weeks for it to come in.

They also didn't have our screens with our order on the install day. When complaining or checking on order updates always had to call the so-called manager to get any answers even though they "broke" the window and forgot products on our install. When I did get ahold of the manager he said "I told you in the email that I would call you on Monday". When I called him it was Tuesday and the email said he would be in contact on Friday. He said he had inventory and other things that's why he didn't call not on Monday but still didn't call on Tuesday, I called him.

The install was horrible. They left holes in the caulking which is the seal for your windows. They left stains all over my carpet and left trash all around my house. Left broken glass in my driveway and street. I took pictures of horrible work and sent them not only to corporate but to the manager and no-one came out to look at my house until I spoke with the manager on the Tuesday I mentioned above and complained. Stay away and spend your money elsewhere. You can get windows from many places and the other companies probably care about the customer more than Champion has shown.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We had all new windows installed 10 years ago. In early December we noticed a crack in one of our bedroom windows. We contacted Champion to come and replace the window. They told me it was probably a stress crack, placed tape over it and said they had to order the window, which would probably take 2-3 weeks to come in. They charged me a $99.00 trip fee even though the windows are to be guaranteed for a lifetime. Apparently, after two years you have to pay a trip fee. It's been a month and still no window.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We would like to give Joe ten stars, but this site will only allow five. From the moment we met him, we knew we could trust him. While his competitors gave us quotes of twice to four times as much (a few lower, but so was the quality of their products), Joe gave us several options to fit our budget and needs. He never pressured us, and was very patient while we made our decisions and dealt with approval from our HOA. Joe was always professional, courteous, and helpful with all aspects of our patio door options!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Window?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We had a sales person come to our home for a free consultation. All he brought was a book with pictures and talked about what "number do we need to be at" to sign a contract. Never spoke of the company, products they use and couldnt answer many of our questions. He kept having to call someone to get the answers. After 2 1/2 hrs he left. The next day I called and told the person from the company about the visit. He was suppose to bring sample products and do a demonstration which he never did. I asked to speak to a manager and was told it would take 24- 48 hrs. Well it's now been 5 days and still no call. They won't get our business.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Service on windows is basically nonexistent. In August of this year (2018) I set up an appointment to look at 5-6 windows in our house that have seal failure. The person took down all the information from the job order labels which requires taking them out (vents). He left without putting them back in. In October I called to inquire about our replacements. October 15th they came out with one window and said the other broke on the truck. I said, "OK but where are the rest of them?" They knew nothing of the others and again they went through the house as I pointed which ones had failed. They took down all the job order info. I called again December 3rd, explained the situation and wanted to know the status. I was told they did not know but the Boise/Meridian office would call me within 48 hrs.

That never happened. I called today and was on hold with the service dept. for 33 minutes. I finally hung up and called the sales dept., phone rang one time and was picked up (go figure). I told my story again! I finally got the number to corporate customer care (1-888-395-0041). I will be calling them again to see what happens. Buyer beware! Very quick to take your money but after sales customer service seems to be non-existent. If you live in Idaho, use a very well known manufacturer here in Nampa (you can see them from the freeway). The windows are just as good if not better at a much more realistic price.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My Husband and I purchased a Sunroom from Champions back in 2006 and have regretted it! It has been a nightmare lost track of how many times they had to come out! Roof constantly leaking, door and window latching breaking off! Now The Sunroom ceiling is coming apart and started leaking. I am not one to write negative reviews but if I can help save someone else from this horrible company that put a lemon Sunroom in for a ton of money that we never got to enjoy because it was always leaking then it was worth my time to write this! Very dishonest Company!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

You're local criminal organization. Promising to begin work in only a few weeks. Months later when you call trying to cancel they tell you "There's a 30% penalty fee". Of course you complain and you're told, "Hey it's at the bottom of the contract, you signed it". Thank you 'Dale' from the Oklahoma City office, you're such a winner of a human being. So I have to pay a 'penalty' for work THEY never started.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

As a disabled Vet I say, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CHAMPION. Last July Champion inventoried my windows that had broken seals and said they would take 6 to 8 weeks to come in. In September I contacted Champion and was told they were never ordered. After posting this issue all over the internet, I was assured by their national office that my bad windows would be replaced on Nov 13. I called them a week ago and was told my replacement windows had not come in yet and they would not schedule the work till the windows came in. Today is Nov 13 and they are not at my home installing the windows, nor have they contacted me with a status. I truly think Champion learned their customer service skills from the TV cable industry.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

My 2006 window replacement cost me $8,300 and a crooked, deformed finger. The windows are terrible. I saved for years to have them replaced and have regretted it ever since. Plants were damaged, and broken glass and trash were left after the install, along with personal property damage. Champion has had to replace and repair several of the windows. Now that the cold weather is here again, I have to put window shrink plastic film on each of the 11 windows because they are so cold! The windows freeze shut during cold weather, and Lord help us if there is a fire as we can't get out! In order to open them, I have to slowly pour hot water in the frame, which takes a long time for each window.

It has been a while since I got sucked into buying these from the slick salesman. A single mom with a disabled child, I guess I made a mistake trusting this company. Every time I look at my crooked, deformed finger, or get asked about it, I tell them about my Champion window experience. The first winter after they were installed, I was so alarmed at how bitter cold they were that I used packing tape to seal each seam on all 11 working windows. Realizing that wasn't such a great idea in case we needed to get out quickly, I removed all the tape, and spent days and days AND DAYS removing the tape adhesive, unbeknownst to me, damaging my right pointer finger for good.

The windows protrude from the side of the home, looking hideous and the frames are incredibly wide. My neighbor brought that to my attention. Great. So I am stuck with them and about to get back to my annual tedious project of covering each one in plastic. Just want to vent and warn others who might be considering these windows.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

The work was sloppy and half-assed. Patio door: It took 4 attempts to install the lock correctly. It still doesn't work right and feels creaky and crunchy when I turn the mechanism. Caulk was smeared in several spots on the patio. The caulking job around the patio door was sloppy and left holes in places. Bathroom window: The window was not installed level! Installer tried to pass it off like the frame of the house wasn't level, but that's nonsense. The interior seal wasn't caulked. Even after it was pointed out, the installer still only caulked the sides and the top - I had to caulk the bottom seal myself. Entry door: The threshold is warped and bent. The paint around the doorknob and deadbolt started chipping the moment the installers left. The deadbolt wouldn't fit snuggly into the opening, so the opening had to be ground out. It now looks like it's been gnawed at by beavers.

Responsiveness and communication was terrible. I repeatedly had to wait for over a week to hear back from anybody, and often had to call and call again to get a response. Sometimes it felt like nobody knew what was going on there. First, I was supposed to get a whole new sash for the patio door to fix the lock, then I was supposed to get a sash from another project, but in the end I got no new sash but rather another lame attempt at a fix. This project cost me nearly $10,000 and the refund they offered me was $150. I talked them up to $300, which is still ridiculous, if you ask me. With projects like this, it's all about the little details.

I want the patio lock to feel smooth and solid. I shouldn't have to look at a crooked bathroom window. The entry door threshold should not be warped and bent, and the paint shouldn't chip on the day of the install. There shouldn't be any smears of caulk all over my patio. These are things I'm going to have to deal with for the life of this house, but Champion doesn't really seem to give a crap. They've got their money, so what do they care about the shoddy, sloppy work they did, right? I would never hire them again, and I suggest you avoid them at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Salesman demonstrated their product and services but when signing the several pages of the contract. He explain what each page represented except the page reflecting a 30% cancellation fee. Their cancellation fee is a ripoff. As in my case, they did no work, only did the free estimate. My 30% cancellation fee was over $3,700.00. I want consumers to be aware of these outrageous cancellation fees imposed on customers for their gain. I think the government should look into these practices as it's much too much money for doing nothing.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I ordered six custom windows and one custom front entry door with sidelite. Our signed contract stated installation would be in 7 - 9 weeks. After a string of lies by Champion, they finally installed my windows and door after approx. 17 weeks. Then, part of the installation crew was rude and uncaring. They replaced my old 100% vinyl windows with vinyl windows separated by unfinished wood trim, which was a surprise to me. I now have to carefully paint the unfinished wood trim. Overall, they did NOT do a professional job, and also damaged my bushes and property due to the uncaring part of the crew. I would NOT recommend Champion to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I signed with them in 2017. Here it is 2018 and they cannot pass the county inspection and still want me to pay. Their craftsmanship is the worst. They attempted to build a sunroom over my deck. They replaced the deck and say they are not responsible for the uneven subfloor. They suggested that I get someone to unscrew floor and sand it down at my expense. 4 x 10 feet of deck was to be left which originally had solar light post in each corner. They took that down and left the lights on the ground.

When asked about it, they tell me what kind of lights that I can buy. The wall was not the right height and they asked to substitute something for the mistake. The doors they installed has to be pushed so hard to get it to open. They lie about financing and continue to ask you to release the funds and the room is not finished and has not passed the county inspection. Called corporate and they are no better. She suggest that I pay and she will guarantee me that they will finish. Well who is she? There are so many things wrong that I can not begin to say. I will end up getting a lawyer. It will be a year in a few days and still not finished and they still bug me to pay. They subcontract the cheapest contractors. DO NOT USE CHAMPION FOR SUNROOMS.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Extremely frustrated and angry with our recent purchase of Champion Windows!!! The high pressure saleswomen talked us into getting $13,000.00 windows. Mind you that was just for the back of our home. She dangled their 18 month same as cash program for the purchase. We agreed and signed up for the program even though we had the cash for the purchase. Big mistake, They sold us a 12 month program and we were unaware. The interest was tacked on totaling $3000.00. Buyer Beware. They are in bed with the finance company and despite repeated calls to both Champion and Greensky, the finance company, they refuse to assist us. We paid off the windows immediately but, remain in dispute over the exorbitant finance charge.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I met with the salesman in July 7th and gave him a down payment of $9300. I called the next week to see why the check had not cleared and I was told it will take about 3 weeks. So needless to say my windows, door and gutters were not ordered until then. By the way, I did not realize my order was not in until late July until I called them over and over. So to date, I finally have windows and yes some were made too small. I have called numerous times looking for my door. I am done. They are the most non responsive company I have dealt with in my rebuild. Do not do business with this company. I will try to cancel the remaining items of my order. Good luck to me.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Champion Windows and Siding came to my house to do a vinyl siding, soffit, fascia gutter and downspout installation. The siding installation was rushed. According to the foreman - the boss wanted them to hurry up and finish this job. As a result, some of the sheet metal trim is installed correctly. The caulking was done haphazardly and the excess was wiped on the posts holding up the roof over the porch. Some of the trim strips are not straight. The crew left two large boxes of trash, nails and screws. They did not pick up after themselves very well. They even stole my 20' aluminum extension ladder. I have called several times about this and have not got it back yet. Overall shoddy workmanship and I don't care attitude. Litigation is our next step. I would never use Champion again, nor would I ever recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The initial construction of the deck was ok, aside from the workers actually running the gutter drain into the MIDDLE of our very small yard and having to clean up the worker's cigarette butts. After a phone call, Champion did correct the drainage. My real complaint is that we were told that Champion guarantees all aspects of their screen rooms. We spent over $20,000 on a very small screen room because we were assured by the salesman that everything would be taken care of in the case of a torn screen or anything else.

Several months ago we had a screen tear. We called Champion and requested to have the screen fixed. Their representative came out and replaced the torn screen. Now we have another screen tear. We called Champion to have someone come out to fix it. We were told at this time that only the repair was done at no charge. There is a $90 "trip" fee. We told them that's not in our agreement and they had repaired a screen in the past without charge as we were promised in our sales agreement. The guy at Champion said "this is something we're just implementing." When I protested that I never would have bought this extraordinary expensive screen room without that guarantee. He told me he would have his manager call me. That was 6 days ago. And I've heard NOTHING from them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Had new siding put on house 5/17. The gutter recently came disconnected from house. Obviously I would think this would be under warranty, but since it was an existing gutter, they would charge $100 to come and reconnect the gutter to the house! Totally disappointed in the warranty side of Champion.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought a house at the end of March, 2018. I was later informed that the seller had purchased 3 windows to be replaced by Champion. In April, the installer arrived. Only 2 of the 3 windows were replaced, as the latches were put on the wrong side of the third window. He said it'd be 4-6 weeks for a new one to be made. I called a couple of months later, not having heard anything. I had to leave a message that wasn't returned. I called and left another message a couple of days later. No response. When I got voicemail again a couple of days after that I called the national office they said they would try to contact my local office and would have them call me. No one did.

I called the national office a couple more times and finally someone called from the local office to make an appointment to replace that window the following week. No one showed up for the appointment and no one called. I called a week later and spoke (surprise) to the person who scheduled the appointment. She said the installer would call me the next morning. He didn't. I called yesterday and left another voicemail. I haven't heard back yet. At least I didn't give them any money, but it's the worst-looking window of the 3 that needs replaced!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My wife and I called to get a quote for windows and siding. He stated that because I was at work and we were not ready to sign that he was just wasting his time. He went on to say that to put siding and windows on our 1400 sq ft house we were looking at about 40,000 dollars! They are out of their minds. He never sent us a quote and at that price it would have been a waste anyways. We had another reputable company quote less than half of that for cement board siding including paint.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I am currently in litigation with Champion Windows. After a year of trying to have them repair and replace faulty windows, which are only 7 years old, which are covered under my so-called lifetime warranty, I had to contact an attorney. They lie, they don't return phone calls and their products are faulty. Just read any review source, I wish I did before getting involved with this crooked company.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Very rude salesman Carter. He was condescending and stuck up when I asked him questions. Didn’t seem like he wanted to make a sale or bother with helping us at all. I’m not sure how people like that get a job in sales. We will be buying from a company with nicer people.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We purchased a bay window and from the start, the glass would fog up. When we contacted the company they said that was normal, all windows do this. Nothing for warranty. Now, 10+ years later their “lifetime warranty” doesn’t apply and we’ve learned that this window should never have fogged like it does.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

They killed 3 of my flowers and I called Holcomb's which are very expensive flowers 24.95. They are called hellebores -Christmas roses, my thornless blackberry bushes and 2 of my elephant ears bulbs that had come up. They are smashed down. Now me and my husband had to go around the driveway picking up nails and trash throwed in my strawberry patch and grapevines. Just because we live in the country doesn't mean we are trash.

They promised which why need to look the word up to take care of anything or replace that was destroyed or repay us the amount of money it cost and they will not return our calls but they got what they wanted out of us. I have pictures and a yard full of material boxes that haven't been open that is not the color of our house and we made them leave it for proof and material that they miss cut because they never used a ruler to cut by. They guessed at it. The cost of my job was 19,0000 dollars for a small house 2 bedroom and 1 bath and 3 windows and the 1 was to be free. See the advertisement.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Saw a lot of negative reviews and want to tell my experience w/ Champion Windows. I live in Brush, CO and in December of 2015, I had Champion (Loveland, Colorado) replace all 21 windows in my home and put siding on the parts of the house not bricked. My windows were made in Longmont, CO. Which is great for high altitude. I had no problems with promises, services, etc. I was totally amazed that there were 4 people. They had the windows out of the house, put back in 1 day & came back the 2nd day to finish. Amazing. My siding was a different story because the gentlemen that did it, did it in the snow.

All of the siding looks great except over my garage so I have to look at it every morning and night. It has buckled. However, I have never called Champion to look at it. The only call I made is when the new rain gutters were still spilling over in the front of the house. They came out immediately and fixed the problem. 3 yrs later, my daughter is looking to do the same with her windows. Would highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have tried for about a month to the local office in Ft Worth Tx to come out and look at repairing my roof on my Champion patio room. One man came out and I have called several times and they keep telling me one person will call, they never do, call again and someone is on vacation, I am nothing to these people after spending 30k on my room. It is 15 yrs old and just outside of warranty and the roof leaks bad. I need Help. These people do not care. Do not buy any product from this company.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We installed a custom window. The window that was delivered was smaller than the size we ordered. The window itself was very shoddily installed, with a unfinished plank in place of a window shelf. When we complained, a crew of three people came in, and they were defensive from the very start. Asked us questions like "What is wrong with the window?" instead of understanding our concerns...

Original review: July 25, 2018

I signed a contract with a nationwide home improvement company (Champion) with an office in Nashville in March. I gave them $8300 downpayment with the understanding that it would be completed by the end of April, so I went ahead and got the loan from my bank so I would be sure to have the money for them when they finished the job. The middle of April and nothing was started yet so I called the office. Office manager rudely told me that it stated in the contract that the completion date was June 11. Ok, I understand that even though salesman told me differently. I wait until June 11... still not started. Contact BBB. File complaint. Company contacted me (obviously to fulfill conditions of BBB complaint response) and told me that they would be starting the build on July 5.

They called me July 3 (2 days before promised start date) and told me that "due to the weather they would be unable to begin build on July 5" and before we got off the phone I would be fed two other excuses as to why they hadn't started yet. "You know there is a lot of construction going on in the Nashville area" and "the building permit has yet to be applied for, corporate is working on this and we don't know how the ball got dropped on this one". "We will get back to you sometime next week" was the last thing he told me. That would have been the week of July 9. It is now July 24 and I have yet to hear from anyone from the company about this build. They have held $8300 of my money which could have been in the bank gaining interest, if it hadn't actually been part of the loan that I am actually paying interest on and the other $20000 that is still sitting in the bank waiting for them to complete the build.

Contract states that I have 3 days to break contract. They can break contract anytime before the build starts. Contract states that if I break contract now I will have to pay them 30% of contract price which is over $8000! What recourse do I have? Contract also states that if they have to get attorney to get money from me that I will pay all attorney fees and court costs... Can I do the same? If I have to get an attorney to make them hold up their end of the contract, can I make them pay attorney fees and court costs??

BBB complaint will likely not be posted to their website because Champion told them that they were starting the build on July 5 even though they didn't really do that. I kept the BBB complaint opened just in case that happened. BBB will not post complaint if it is resolved... meaning if I get my refund or they complete the build it will not be public info. I wanted this to be public info so I am posting here in hopes that others will be saved the trouble I have had with Champion Windows, Doors and Sunrooms of Nashville, Tennessee!

Champion Window expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Champion Window manufactures and installs sunrooms, windows, doors, siding and roofing materials. All their products are manufactured in the United States. The company was founded in 1953 and is headquartered in Cincinnati with 52 locations across the country.

• Neighborhood Map: Interested consumers can visit the company website to see a map of homes in their area where Champion products have been installed.

• Comfort 365® Glass: Champion sunrooms are constructed with the company’s patented Energy-Star-compliant Comfort 365® glass. The glass blocks UV rays and helps maintain the indoor temperature.

• Style options: Customers can choose from several sunroom styles manufactured by Champion, and they can customize their choice with different doors, finishes and colors.

• Free consultation: Interested consumers can schedule a free consultation by visiting Champion’s website. They can select a day and time online or call to set up an appointment. Sales representatives are available six days a week.

• Warranties: Champion provides a limited lifetime warranty against all glass breakage and seal failures for their sunrooms. The warranty also covers installation and manufacturing defects for 15 years.

• Best for: Champion Windows is best for customers who live within 60 miles of one of their providers and want a year round or seasonal sunroom.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Champion Window Company Information

www.championwindow.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.