4.3/5 (81 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Champion Windows and Home Exteriors

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors is a home improvement company that specializes in custom-built windows, doors, siding and sunroom additions. All its products are backed by a limited lifetime warranty that covers necessary repairs, parts and labor. You can see Champion’s products at showrooms across the country and schedule a free quote online.

Pros

• Good quality
  • Several U.S. locations
  • Highly customizable

Cons

• Can be expensive
  • Pricing available only with a quote

Bottom Line

Champion offers customized home improvement items with no middleman or third parties. It can be pricey, but it could be good if you’re looking for custom-built window replacements, siding or sunroom additions.

Top Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows & Home Exteriors?

Verified

Champion was awesome. I had them install sliding glass doors and the quality is amazing. They did a really nice job. The installers were really good. They came in, they did their ...

Verified

I'm satisfied with the work that Champion Windows did… We had them help us with the sunroom. The quality is very high. I got what I paid for with the package and how I got everyth...

What is Champion?

Champion is a home improvement company that offers replacement windows, stain-resistant siding, sunroom additions and custom doors. All its products are built in the U.S. and backed by a limited lifetime warranty. It offers some high-efficiency window options and uses a high-quality sealant for its installations to ensure proper window insulation. Champion also builds sunrooms in a variety of sizes and works with you to design a layout that suits your home.

Champion installation

Champion includes installation in your free quote. It outlines a six-step installation process on its website:

• Greet and process
  • Prepare the area
  • Prepare and clean opening
  • Insulate and seal frame
  • Clean up
  • Verify work

Champion also offers cold-weather installation, which minimizes energy loss and drafts.

Champion prices

Although Champion doesn’t offer prices online or over the phone, you can get a free quote and consultation by filling out a form on its website. Because it cuts out the middleman, it offers prices slightly lower than you might expect — but it still might be expensive. Your free quote includes installation, so you won’t be hit with any installation fees. Champion also offers a YES (Your Exclusive Savings) Program, which provides discounted services.

Champion FAQ

Who owns Champion?
Michael Lentin has owned Champion since 2011.
How much is a Champion sunroom?
A typical Champion sunroom addition costs anywhere from $8,000 to $45,000; you can get a free quote for a new sunroom.
What are Champion’s windows made of?
Champion’s windows are made of pure vinyl.
What types of windows does Champion sell?
Champion sells a variety of windows, from bay windows to basement hoppers.

Is Champion any good?

Champion offers high-quality replacement windows, siding, sunrooms and more. Because it works with you directly to handle design, manufacturing and installation, Champion is worth looking into if you want a full-service home improvement company with customizable options.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows and Home Exteriors?

Original review: May 6, 2022

The rep was easy to talk to. He was very interested in our projects, our house and what we were looking to do. He gave us good advice that was not just focused on selling us windows. He offered us other advice about other projects that we were looking at, and his thoughts on them based on his experiences. So, it was nice that he wasn't just there to be a salesman of Champion Windows. He presented an all-around, “I'm here to help you. And if this is the right option for you, then we'll figure it out. And if it's not the right option for you, you'll know after this visit that it's not.”

The install was awesome. Those guys were great. It was a group of about four or five people. And they communicated when they were coming up. They came up. They were very professional and polite. I could see them being very conscious of our space. They had a lady that followed them around with a Shop-Vac, making sure that if anything got dirty, it didn't stay dirty for very long. They were fast.

And I asked them, “Can you save our windows?” Because we didn't want broken windows. Which I read reviews that sometimes there are broken windows. But we also wanted to be able to reuse the windows. I was concerned that it might not be very easy for them to save the windows. And they said, “Sure, that's no problem at all. Here's the situation with your windows. Here's what we need to do to save them. We can't save these pieces because they have to come out.” They very clearly explained everything to me of what they could do and why. They did seven windows in four hours and left, and everything was clean and done. I went around and looked at all the outside stuff. And it was all very well done.

The only problem that we're having right now, and part of why I haven't done the email surveys, is because I don't know how to rate that. The salesman was great. The installers were great. But we had one of our windows, two days after it was installed, we went down there and it was broken. Our only guess and other people who looked at it, is that maybe the gas pressure inside, because of our altitude, there might have been a little defect of some kind and it caused it to explode. Because that's what happened. One panel is still intact, but the inner panel exploded in. It wasn't that dramatic, but the glass was pushed in. I am holding off to see how they dealt with that.

Also, the wrong handles were ordered for one of the bay windows. So, we can't open the bay windows yet. We still have stickers on those windows because we can't get to them without opening the window. I called the call center to follow up, because I emailed the information. The customer service lady that I talked to via email was very helpful. And she said, “If we can figure out what window this is for sure, then we don't have to take the time to send a tech out there to measure and make sure what we need to replace. I can just put the order in.” So, I gave her the measurements. She said, “No problem, I found the window. It's the only one of that size, and I'll put in the order.”

I tried to follow up a couple of weeks later. I called and I was sent to a different call center. But they didn't know the situation. So, they had to do a little research and they got back with me, which was fine, and said, “We're sending a request to the Denver center for them to update you on what's going on with the handles and the windows.” But I never heard back from Denver on that. Other than that, I'm happy at this point.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Thirty year old home. Windows were fogged and leaking. I checked several local suppliers and found that good quality windows were on order and delivery time was unavailable. Installers varied as well as install prices. I made an appointment with Champion's competition company and got a no show and no call back. I called Champion Windows and made an appointment for a sales rep. Michael arrived on time and well prepared. Explained the difference in their product v/s others and what products they had to offer. My wife and I selected the windows of choice and Michael measured the existing windows for replacement. He then called Portland for price and availability. We received a one time quote for windows and installation. Approximate time of delivery and install was given at this time.

I paid 1/2 down with cash back credit card and received cash discount and no extra charge. An appointment was made for a installer to come and check measurements for accuracy. The installed showed up on time and called before his arrival. Joe measured all windows, checked and double checked his measurements and sent the order for construction. Several weeks before the windows were to be delivered, I was contacted by the company to verify the install date.

On said date the installers called and arrived on time and started work. A van truck arrived shortly after with the windows. Some modifications had to be made to the window sills because of difference in thickness of existing windows and the installers did an excellent job of fitting and installing. They had eight windows and one sliding patio door installed in less than six hours, working straight through, no breaks or lunch which was offered. Only problem with entire job was one torn screen on bedroom window. Which was ordered at this time. They also did a very good job of clean up after completion. All windows and leftover material was loaded in van and removed when leaving. All in all it was a very good experience. The price of the windows were a bit higher than local dealers but it is uncommon to get a quote that doesn't include some hidden charges. I would have no problem referring Champion to others. Great Job. Thanks Mike.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

The gentleman who came out to our house happened to be the sales manager at the Champion location in Cincinnati. He came out to design a sunroom for us at first. We decided to go with a whole set of windows around our entire house so he came out a second time. We also visited the showroom and we were very pleased with his thorough explanation. So it was really the customer service, and the quality of the window that were apparent to us. Also, the installers were outstanding in every way. They worked with us to retrofit the windows to a 100-year-old house. They had to do some finagling with that a bit to get the windows to the level that they needed to be. But it created a great product.

We haven't felt excessive heat coming through when the sun is shining and cold coming through when it has been very cold. Also, the whole house is quieter. So it has impacted us on our energy bills just with the quiet nature of noise reduction. Champion is a great option. I would refer others to some of the people that I talked with and worked with at Champion.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I looked for somebody that would be local and Champion Windows is local. A couple of the other outfits seem like middlemen. They would come in here then they would hire somebody else out to put the windows in, and they bought the windows from somebody else. Champion makes their own windows. I looked at five or six different operations and Champion looked more affordable and it was a good product. The rep was cool. He was very detailed and went over all the nuts and bolts to the operation.

The guys that came in and installed were brothers and they've been installing windows for Champion for 17 years. One brother works on the inside and one works on the outside. That’s how they get the windows installed so fast. They're great and the windows look really sturdy. These are all fiberglass aluminum, so I shouldn't have that much of a problem as far as the mold goes. The only thing is in two of the windows, it's a large bay window in the middle and the two sides slide in. You should be able to lift those out to clean them. But the one that's in the upstairs bedroom needs about another 16th of an inch to be able to pop out.

Original review: July 23, 2021

I purchased 20 windows, four doors, and the sunroom from Champion. The quality of the products is fantastic. It's all very good. The sales rep was really good. First, he came out about the sunroom. Then, after the sunroom was mostly built, I had him come out and I talked to him about the windows and the doors. He knew what he was talking about. He knew what we needed and ordered it. He had a lot of good suggestions.

The sunroom was really good. It took them a while though. The weather had a lot to do with it and COVID had some other things to do with it. But we finally got it done. The windows, I was amazed how fast they got those in. The doors, there was a lot of work they had to do to get those doors in. But once they were in, they were fabulous. Champion is great. The big difference has been my air condition. I can set it where I like it instead of setting it where I would set it to save money. Now, I've got it set where I enjoy the temperature and my air conditioner hardly comes on during the day. It's been in the hundreds for weeks.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I had Champion install my front and back doors and storm doors on both. The installation team was a little green around the edges but they're learning. They did fine. I'm happy with everything.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Over 9 months ago we signed a contract for all windows and doors in our home. Still only partially completed. Very poor to almost no communication. Due to relocating for work we need to sell our home. The windows and door that still need to be finished are not even in production yet. I want to cancel part of the project. I wanted to cancel the part of the contract not complete and was told no. They promise to write a letter for whoever buys out home. The letter would promise buyer that Champion would complete the contract.

Right I have a signed contract that they will complete... estimated 9 to 12 weeks from July of last year. They finally completed part of it in December then all communications ceased until I finally complained enough with messages on LinkedIn. Not very customer friendly kind of unethical in my opinion. Buyer be aware of Champion windows.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

We apologize for the delay you're describing here, Jamey. We're looking into your order and will be in touch with you as soon as possible to get this project completed. -Champion Customer Care

Original review: April 28, 2022

All my windows are Champion windows. I bought just a few at a time because they're cost-prohibitive, but I wouldn't have anything else. They keep out the heat in the summer and insulate the house in the wintertime, too. Recently, I purchased an 83 x 62, a 39 x 53, and another 36 x 40. The person I dealt with was the manager and he was pretty aggressive. Because I was a returning customer, he offered me the percentages off that they usually do.

When they first brought the windows, all the windows were incorrect and I stopped the installers halfway through the job. One of the windows is just a standard 39 inches wide x 53 inches high, but it was three inches short on the overall length from bottom to top. The front window I ordered was a three-panel slider at 33% each. What they brought me was a 20-20-40, so the center window was way wider than the two outside windows. I didn't want that window. Each of the windows should be the same size in the front, and I ordered that for a reason. It took them six weeks to get that window back. Now, the windows that I currently have in is not properly fit. It's three eighths of an inch short on the width, and I'm dissatisfied.

They said, “Okay, we're gonna say the job is finished and we're going to put this on a service call.” What they didn't tell me is how far their service is backed up. I was led to believe that it'd only be three to six weeks. It's now been almost eight. With winter being over though, I'm not too concerned about the tight fit on the window. I'd be more concerned if it was still dead of winter and I had a three eighths gap in the window and it was leaking like crazy. I'm losing a lot of money on that, and I'm cold.

Another thing that really tweaked me is I've never received an email from them before, or a text message. I received a text message basically asking me not to contact the office anymore for the service, that I needed to contact the company through this text message now. I want to talk to a real person, and I want to talk to the people that I contracted with. I don't want to talk to somebody I don't know. This is the first time I've had this kind of experience with Champion.

In the past, it's always been straightforward. Now, the installers have been out three times. They had three people measure the windows and got them wrong, and this is not Champion. These are subcontractors. That's not how I dealt with Champion Windows in the past, so I was a little disappointed with that. However, I didn't have any problem with them other than they were subcontractors. Their install was really good and the windows look good put in. It's just that they didn't get the right windows from the factory, and that's not on the installer. As a subcontractor, they can only put in what they get. Unless they looked at my contract and said, “You're supposed to get this, this, and this one,” but they don't look at that. All they're going by is the barcode sticker that Champion has put on the side of the window that indicates what belongs to me and what my account number is.

The issues I have with Champion Windows aren't necessarily with them. For instance, their financing is at a 6.99% rate. They hook you up with GreenSky Financing, which I have no idea what kind of company that is. The minimum payment is $30, and out of that $30, 10 goes to finance charges. How is that 6.99%? To me, that's 30%. There’s something wrong with their financing right out of the gate. I don't like the fact that they're opening me a line of credit with a company and that they're not explaining how the financing exactly is. That is not what I call a simple interest note. A simple interest note, I would borrow 3,500 and I would pay this amount of interest and that would be it. This has not been my experience in the past with Champion as well. The same thing with the installers. I don't know whether it's just the times and they're having problems hiring people to be installers for Champion.

All I'm interested in is the quality of the window, which I'm already familiar with. There's not much they can do with that. My biggest thing with them right now would be that they got some issues with fitting. One of the things that Champion says is, “We customize your windows,” but what they don't tell you is that they have a maximum height of 63 inches. Anything above that, they've got to board up. No one said anything to me about that and this was the first time I've ever bought a window of this size from them, so I was a little taken aback by that.

Still, I want to be fair with the company. Every time I had an issue, I got a response right away. As a matter of fact, the install manager from Champion, Warren, came to my house and looked at what I had for problems and agreed with me. He's the one that decided to put a stop to the job and put me on a service call, which I still haven't heard back.

Original review: April 27, 2022

The salesperson and the installers were really nice. But it's been a long, slow process. I got handprints on my white wall. I like the windows except there's a flaw in my big picture window. It's in my kitchen and now I see it every time I look at it. It's like a little spot in the glass. So I'm not super happy. Also, they forgot two screens and I'm still waiting on them because they're gonna bring them when the door is in. It's hard to get through to them to even ask when my door is coming. So it's been frustrating.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Karen. Please accept our apology for the issues you're describing here. Honest feedback gives a chance to improve. If you have not already done so, please reach out to us directly in national customer care, so we can work with you to get the picture window taken care of as soon as possible – 513-327-7338. Thank you.

Original review: April 26, 2022

We got quotes from three or four different companies and Champion was the best value as far as quality windows with a competitive price. They were expensive but the quality is good. Also, the installer did a great job. He cleaned up after himself, got everything installed efficiently, and wasn't bothersome, noisy, and dirty.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Company Information