2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors is a home improvement company that specializes in custom-built windows, doors, siding and sunroom additions. All products are built in the United States and backed by the company’s limited lifetime warranty, which covers necessary repairs, parts, labors and materials. You can view the company’s work at showrooms across the country or schedule a free quote online.

Champion Windows & Home Exteriors Call Now Toll Free (888) 817-6992 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Champion Windows & Home Exteriors Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows & Home Exteriors?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I've known about Champion for quite some time. Decades ago, I did the financing for Champion in my area and then part of the southeast when I worked for a finance company. They were my main dealership from when I first started and it turned into many other places because of them. When I got ready to think about doing my windows, some other people in my neighborhood had recently used Champion and it kinda came to the forethought. It was a no-brainer. I got some prices out there and Champion came in very competitively. The person I worked with was very personable person and easy to get along with.

I had windows installed then I got a three-panel door put in as well. I replaced every window in the house. The installation went well. There was some rain but their guys powered right through. They opened up a hole and before they left, they made sure the hole was filled. I was really well impressed with what they did and how they did it. That was a good experience. They were really enjoyable and they really improved the look of the house. I've always been proud of my house. Recently because rates dropped, I refinanced my house. I put the windows in and I built a deck as well. It was almost dollar-for-dollar and I got back on my appraisal.

It's been 10 years plus since I've had an appraisal done. But I was well impressed with the value of the home. I really feel that's due to the windows, like the look and feel of the house plus updating it. Our investment really returned to us. I'm getting ready to call back and get one more door replaced. We were waffling whether we wanted to do it or not. We've changed our minds that we do wanna do it now so we're getting ready to engage Champion again here shortly.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

We tried to go through Renewal by Andersen first, but they don't service anything south of Colorado Springs. So, we called around, couldn't find anybody, and we found Champion. We got five windows, the doors, and siding. They are wonderful stuff and they really changed the house. I also had a good experience with the people who came to out. The guys who did the installation knocked it out in five days and they still have stuff here. But the work is phenomenal and my house looks awesome.

I still have a couple of questions for the sales rep about the billing though. We paid about 26,000 towards the project and the last time we called them, we were told we had to pay them 13,000. So, we paid that off. But yesterday, I talked to the guy who came out and did the installation, Doug, and he said that he was going to submit the bill to me. But I told him that we're all paid up. He said he was not sure then he passed me through to someone else at Champion. But they weren't sure either. We then called GreenSky yesterday and no one could answer how much we still owe. So, today the sales rep is supposed to look around and find out exactly if we're paid up or not.

Champion should work on their billing. It’s one of their competition's strong points in the commercial. Renewal by Andersen's ad says, “You could ask any one of us a question, we'll answer it. We'll tell you exactly where you're at.” But when you go to Champion and do that, no one seems to have an answer. Not everyone should be privy to the billing but at least some of the people should be.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Champion offered the ability to do part of the windows. I have had other places out here, and the financing company would only run my credit to see if I could get all of them done and then, they would not approve me. My credit’s not good enough for that. The financing company of Champion approved me for an amount. Instead of all of the windows, I was able to get some of them done, which was fine with me.

The other reason that I went with Champion was that I have a really old house that had rotted window frames that were gonna need to be replaced when the window was put back in. Two out of the three other companies that I had come in and look told me that I would have to have a second contract company come in, that their employees only installed the windows. They didn’t do any framework, which is kinda down. I also don't live in a neighborhood where I can just leave the windows open for another company to come in a week later to do something.

I got six windows from Champion. My experience with their rep was pretty good. I didn’t have any complaints when he left. After the fact, he did miss something when he wrote the contract up, which caused a bit of a problem when the windows were installed. But ultimately, it was all worked out. The quality of the windows is pretty good. I don't have any complaints at all about them. They are far above the quality of the windows I had in here before. I’m definitely enjoying them.

I feel like the installation could have been done a little cleaner though. There are little things that I don't like about it. For the amount of money that I paid, I expected something a little more than what I got. There are things like the sealant as well. It’s two different colors. They ran out of white, so they used clear. The front window on my house has two different colors on it. The fascia on the base is opened on the sides and they used sealant to fill it. So, it doesn't look very clean. The base of the windows, some of them are slanted and some of them are flat. The appearance of the windows is a little bothersome. But, it doesn't bother me enough to call in and complain and have somebody come out here and fix it.

Original review: March 28, 2020

When the first guy came out to do the quote, he was great. I had a hiccup with Champion that I was not happy about though. I was told that they would beat the windows and everything will be in the next day and none of those things happened. I asked where the windows were and they said they thought they were going to be on the truck. I shouldn't have to call them, but they could tell me that they were gonna call me. I did not like that the guy told me that they were not gonna make it in and it was two days after the date I expected them, that I placed the call to them. That was not professional.

After that, the windows came in and they called me. One of the guys that were gonna do the install came in the day before and assessed what they were going to do. I like that because they didn't just come in the day and try to figure things out. The installers then came in the next day, got busy, and those men worked. I had three old men and one young guy and they were all phenomenal. That team was outstanding. The product is awesome too. We love it because they explained to us that we wouldn't feel anything to the touch, and that's true. Also, the sun doesn't come in beaming through the windows, which is nice.

Champion Windows & Home Exteriors response

Champion apologies we fell short of your expectations but appreciate the feedback in order to improve our service to our customers. Champion Customer Care

Original review: March 15, 2020

We contacted Champion and a couple of other ones. Champion was the one that negotiated the price to what we thought was quite a reasonable level and they had a good reputation. I looked them up and word-of-mouth, I knew that they did good work. The sales rep was out here and we said what we wanted. We had a couple of things that we asked for that were not in their standard contract and he was quite accommodating about it. A couple of them were kind of big deals so he had to call his boss but he got approval for them and we proceeded.

I can't imagine how our experience could’ve been any better. They did a superb job and they were here in the worst weather imaginable. They were here for about two weeks, almost every day, and those were the days that we had snow. They were very attentive to detail and were incredibly neat and competent. They were very concerned that we were pleased right along and kept us fully informed as to what they were doing. Also, the electricians did a fine job. We’re very pleased with their product. It looks a lot better than I expected. I've had a three-season room before and this is even better. We've told others about Champion and that they should give them a call if they want a good job. We’re much more pleased than we expected.

Champion Windows & Home Exteriors response

Thanks very much for this review! We’re glad to see everything met your expectations. -Champion Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Champion has been around forever. They installed a sunroom for us and they did a good job. The work took a week and everything went smoothly. The installers were fine and we were very pleased. If I need Champion again, I will not hesitate to use them.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I had a very nice salesman come to my home. It is actually just a small house on a lake that I spend time at on the weekends and during my time off from work. He was very professional, had good sales pitches and I bought in. I ordered 7 windows.. 6 to be replaced and one was a new cut out installation. I was told 6-8 weeks for the windows to be complete and then I would get a call to schedule for installation. I took 2 weeks off during the 7-8 week mark so I could be here. I received no phone call.. I actually had to call them during the 8th week to find out what was going on. I was told then that my windows were completed and Had been but they just hadn’t gotten around to calling me... miscommunication they said.

Installation was scheduled for the Monday After my vacation, so I had to get off work and drive the 40 minutes up here to relieve my Father in law who came up at 9am to let them in and be here in case of problems. It was 3:30 when I got here. There was 1 guy installing 7 windows. 1 window was cracked he said from just the travel here... 1 window that he installed was shattered with shards of glass sticking out of the edges because he leaned it up against the house and it fell over. He rushed around here and did a horrible job wrapping the windows. He cut wrong and then just filled it in with caulk. The new cut out had crooked framing, the picture window was sagging so he decided to pull my siding down to try to hide it. He did not clean up the shattered glass off of my porch and did not clean up around the outside of the house from shavings. He said someone would be in contact with me to replace the windows that were installed broken.

2.5 weeks go by and no call. I call them and finally get a return call after having to send pics of the mess to the sales guy I worked with. They sent a guy out to replace the two windows but nothing else. He was also very professional and went thru every window and discovered that three were installed crooked and the wrap (trim job) was horrible as well. He stated that he made great notes and would recommend to the company to send out their best guy to fix this job and make it right. 2 weeks later I have to call again because no one contacted me and by this time I’m livid.

Tristan told me that he would have them there on Friday.. This was a Wed.. They would be there on Friday at 9am. Now mind you, this is my off day that I am Again dealing with this company over 7 windows. Friday at 8:32 am I get a call that they won’t make it until 12:00. Unbelievable! 12:00 comes and no one is here, so I call again and hear rudely that they are on their way. They send 2 people this time and the guy that wrote down all of the problems. They went thru everything.. Uninstall and reinstall 3 windows but can’t get to the wrap because it was getting late.

I was told that they would be back on the following Wed to fix the wrap and I didn’t have to be here.. All outside work. Well guess what.. I get here on Friday and nothing is done. I have 1 window with No wrap that they had to take out and straighten on the front of my house. Obviously they don’t care about their reputation. I am posting this on Friday.. I have called again and so has my husband and was told they were on their way and still no one here. My husband called back and Tristan told him that his employee is MIA. This company is a JOKE. Do Not use them for Anything! I have Never dealt with such a mess. This is now almost 2 months since the original installation. Buyer beware!!!

Champion Windows & Home Exteriors response

We're very sorry to hear about your negaitve experience with Champion, Alison. We'd like to do what we can to help. Please call us diorectly in the customer care office at your convenience to discuss the issue - (513) 327-7338. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Champion was awesome. I had them install sliding glass doors and the quality is amazing. They did a really nice job. The installers were really good. They came in, they did their thing, they took out the old stuff and they cleaned everything up. They went over everything with me. They finished in about four hours. I was very pleased.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I talked to a couple of people in our neighborhood who had Champion work on their houses, then I decided to get them to put sliders on my screened-in porch. Their sales rep answered all my questions, showed me exactly what they were going to do, and how it would take place. I had plenty of confidence in Champion at that point. The installation team was very good, too. They quietly got their job done and were very efficient. They got in and out in one day. I'm also very pleased with the product. I like the sliders. I haven't been able to use the screens yet because most of the days down here have been 90-plus. But the product works very well, particularly down here in South Carolina. It tends to keep my porch cooler than it is outside and makes it comfortable to utilize. I’m not sure how it will be in the fall, but I'm sure that it will be warmer than it is outside.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

We had five windows replaced in our house. The guys did all that work in about six hours. Everything went really well. I like the fact that Champion custom makes the windows. That's primarily because the windows are set out and they were custom built. I needed somebody that would do something that would fit in there right and not give me any problems. So far, it's been pretty seamless.

Champion Windows & Home Exteriors author review by ConsumerAffairs

Champion Windows & Home Exteriors manufactures and installs sunrooms, windows, doors, siding and roofing materials. All their products are manufactured in the United States. The company was founded in 1953 and is headquartered in Cincinnati with 52 locations across the country.

• Neighborhood Map: Interested consumers can visit the company website to see a map of homes in their area where Champion products have been installed.

• Comfort 365® Glass: Champion sunrooms are constructed with the company’s patented Energy-Star-compliant Comfort 365® glass. The glass blocks UV rays and helps maintain the indoor temperature.

• Style options: Customers can choose from several sunroom styles manufactured by Champion, and they can customize their choice with different doors, finishes and colors.

• Free consultation: Interested consumers can schedule a free consultation by visiting Champion’s website. They can select a day and time online or call to set up an appointment. Sales representatives are available six days a week.

• Warranties: Champion provides a limited lifetime warranty against all glass breakage and seal failures for their sunrooms. The warranty also covers installation and manufacturing defects for 15 years.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team