1.89/5
Based on 46 reviews that contain star ratings

46 Champion Window Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Extremely frustrated and angry with our recent purchase of Champion Windows!!! The high pressure saleswomen talked us into getting $13,000.00 windows. Mind you that was just for the back of our home. She dangled their 18 month same as cash program for the purchase. We agreed and signed up for the program even though we had the cash for the purchase. Big mistake, They sold us a 12 month program and we were unaware. The interest was tacked on totaling $3000.00. Buyer Beware. They are in bed with the finance company and despite repeated calls to both Champion and Greensky, the finance company, they refuse to assist us. We paid off the windows immediately but, remain in dispute over the exorbitant finance charge.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I met with the salesman in July 7th and gave him a down payment of $9300. I called the next week to see why the check had not cleared and I was told it will take about 3 weeks. So needless to say my windows, door and gutters were not ordered until then. By the way, I did not realize my order was not in until late July until I called them over and over. So to date, I finally have windows and yes some were made too small. I have called numerous times looking for my door. I am done. They are the most non responsive company I have dealt with in my rebuild. Do not do business with this company. I will try to cancel the remaining items of my order. Good luck to me.

Get expert buying tips about Sunroom Addition Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Champion Windows and Siding came to my house to do a vinyl siding, soffit, fascia gutter and downspout installation. The siding installation was rushed. According to the foreman - the boss wanted them to hurry up and finish this job. As a result, some of the sheet metal trim is installed correctly. The caulking was done haphazardly and the excess was wiped on the posts holding up the roof over the porch. Some of the trim strips are not straight. The crew left two large boxes of trash, nails and screws. They did not pick up after themselves very well. They even stole my 20' aluminum extension ladder. I have called several times about this and have not got it back yet. Overall shoddy workmanship and I don't care attitude. Litigation is our next step. I would never use Champion again, nor would I ever recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

The initial construction of the deck was ok, aside from the workers actually running the gutter drain into the MIDDLE of our very small yard and having to clean up the worker's cigarette butts. After a phone call, Champion did correct the drainage. My real complaint is that we were told that Champion guarantees all aspects of their screen rooms. We spent over $20,000 on a very small screen room because we were assured by the salesman that everything would be taken care of in the case of a torn screen or anything else.

Several months ago we had a screen tear. We called Champion and requested to have the screen fixed. Their representative came out and replaced the torn screen. Now we have another screen tear. We called Champion to have someone come out to fix it. We were told at this time that only the repair was done at no charge. There is a $90 "trip" fee. We told them that's not in our agreement and they had repaired a screen in the past without charge as we were promised in our sales agreement. The guy at Champion said "this is something we're just implementing." When I protested that I never would have bought this extraordinary expensive screen room without that guarantee. He told me he would have his manager call me. That was 6 days ago. And I've heard NOTHING from them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Had new siding put on house 5/17. The gutter recently came disconnected from house. Obviously I would think this would be under warranty, but since it was an existing gutter, they would charge $100 to come and reconnect the gutter to the house! Totally disappointed in the warranty side of Champion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Window?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought a house at the end of March, 2018. I was later informed that the seller had purchased 3 windows to be replaced by Champion. In April, the installer arrived. Only 2 of the 3 windows were replaced, as the latches were put on the wrong side of the third window. He said it'd be 4-6 weeks for a new one to be made. I called a couple of months later, not having heard anything. I had to leave a message that wasn't returned. I called and left another message a couple of days later. No response. When I got voicemail again a couple of days after that I called the national office they said they would try to contact my local office and would have them call me. No one did.

I called the national office a couple more times and finally someone called from the local office to make an appointment to replace that window the following week. No one showed up for the appointment and no one called. I called a week later and spoke (surprise) to the person who scheduled the appointment. She said the installer would call me the next morning. He didn't. I called yesterday and left another voicemail. I haven't heard back yet. At least I didn't give them any money, but it's the worst-looking window of the 3 that needs replaced!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My wife and I called to get a quote for windows and siding. He stated that because I was at work and we were not ready to sign that he was just wasting his time. He went on to say that to put siding and windows on our 1400 sq ft house we were looking at about 40,000 dollars! They are out of their minds. He never sent us a quote and at that price it would have been a waste anyways. We had another reputable company quote less than half of that for cement board siding including paint.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I am currently in litigation with Champion Windows. After a year of trying to have them repair and replace faulty windows, which are only 7 years old, which are covered under my so-called lifetime warranty, I had to contact an attorney. They lie, they don't return phone calls and their products are faulty. Just read any review source, I wish I did before getting involved with this crooked company.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Very rude salesman Carter. He was condescending and stuck up when I asked him questions. Didn’t seem like he wanted to make a sale or bother with helping us at all. I’m not sure how people like that get a job in sales. We will be buying from a company with nicer people.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We purchased a bay window and from the start, the glass would fog up. When we contacted the company they said that was normal, all windows do this. Nothing for warranty. Now, 10+ years later their “lifetime warranty” doesn’t apply and we’ve learned that this window should never have fogged like it does.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

They killed 3 of my flowers and I called Holcomb's which are very expensive flowers 24.95. They are called hellebores -Christmas roses, my thornless blackberry bushes and 2 of my elephant ears bulbs that had come up. They are smashed down. Now me and my husband had to go around the driveway picking up nails and trash throwed in my strawberry patch and grapevines. Just because we live in the country doesn't mean we are trash.

They promised which why need to look the word up to take care of anything or replace that was destroyed or repay us the amount of money it cost and they will not return our calls but they got what they wanted out of us. I have pictures and a yard full of material boxes that haven't been open that is not the color of our house and we made them leave it for proof and material that they miss cut because they never used a ruler to cut by. They guessed at it. The cost of my job was 19,0000 dollars for a small house 2 bedroom and 1 bath and 3 windows and the 1 was to be free. See the advertisement.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Saw a lot of negative reviews and want to tell my experience w/ Champion Windows. I live in Brush, CO and in December of 2015, I had Champion (Loveland, Colorado) replace all 21 windows in my home and put siding on the parts of the house not bricked. My windows were made in Longmont, CO. Which is great for high altitude. I had no problems with promises, services, etc. I was totally amazed that there were 4 people. They had the windows out of the house, put back in 1 day & came back the 2nd day to finish. Amazing. My siding was a different story because the gentlemen that did it, did it in the snow.

All of the siding looks great except over my garage so I have to look at it every morning and night. It has buckled. However, I have never called Champion to look at it. The only call I made is when the new rain gutters were still spilling over in the front of the house. They came out immediately and fixed the problem. 3 yrs later, my daughter is looking to do the same with her windows. Would highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have tried for about a month to the local office in Ft Worth Tx to come out and look at repairing my roof on my Champion patio room. One man came out and I have called several times and they keep telling me one person will call, they never do, call again and someone is on vacation, I am nothing to these people after spending 30k on my room. It is 15 yrs old and just outside of warranty and the roof leaks bad. I need Help. These people do not care. Do not buy any product from this company.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We installed a custom window. The window that was delivered was smaller than the size we ordered. The window itself was very shoddily installed, with a unfinished plank in place of a window shelf. When we complained, a crew of three people came in, and they were defensive from the very start. Asked us questions like "What is wrong with the window?" instead of understanding our concerns...

Original review: July 25, 2018

I signed a contract with a nationwide home improvement company (Champion) with an office in Nashville in March. I gave them $8300 downpayment with the understanding that it would be completed by the end of April, so I went ahead and got the loan from my bank so I would be sure to have the money for them when they finished the job. The middle of April and nothing was started yet so I called the office. Office manager rudely told me that it stated in the contract that the completion date was June 11. Ok, I understand that even though salesman told me differently. I wait until June 11... still not started. Contact BBB. File complaint. Company contacted me (obviously to fulfill conditions of BBB complaint response) and told me that they would be starting the build on July 5.

They called me July 3 (2 days before promised start date) and told me that "due to the weather they would be unable to begin build on July 5" and before we got off the phone I would be fed two other excuses as to why they hadn't started yet. "You know there is a lot of construction going on in the Nashville area" and "the building permit has yet to be applied for, corporate is working on this and we don't know how the ball got dropped on this one". "We will get back to you sometime next week" was the last thing he told me. That would have been the week of July 9. It is now July 24 and I have yet to hear from anyone from the company about this build. They have held $8300 of my money which could have been in the bank gaining interest, if it hadn't actually been part of the loan that I am actually paying interest on and the other $20000 that is still sitting in the bank waiting for them to complete the build.

Contract states that I have 3 days to break contract. They can break contract anytime before the build starts. Contract states that if I break contract now I will have to pay them 30% of contract price which is over $8000! What recourse do I have? Contract also states that if they have to get attorney to get money from me that I will pay all attorney fees and court costs... Can I do the same? If I have to get an attorney to make them hold up their end of the contract, can I make them pay attorney fees and court costs??

BBB complaint will likely not be posted to their website because Champion told them that they were starting the build on July 5 even though they didn't really do that. I kept the BBB complaint opened just in case that happened. BBB will not post complaint if it is resolved... meaning if I get my refund or they complete the build it will not be public info. I wanted this to be public info so I am posting here in hopes that others will be saved the trouble I have had with Champion Windows, Doors and Sunrooms of Nashville, Tennessee!

Original review: June 25, 2018

They don't answer phones return calls. Feb 15 $5000 down for sunroom. They said they will start 4-16-18/5-15-18/and 6-21. All no show no call. Received call Thurs 6-21-18. "Rain will not come. Will be there Friday 6-22." No show no call. On 6-25 I was not home. I left note on gate not to enter and they showed up unannounced. I got home and called. They broke their contract. States 8-12 to start. It is now 17 weeks. They said I will not get my refund back. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!! I also checked with building permit where I live. They never even pulled permit.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Scheduling an in home appointment was easy, and from what I read on their site, seemed like they would be a front runner out of the companies we planned on comparing them with. Sales rep showed up on time, wasnt terribly friendly, but was to the point; measure the doors, then sit down to talk. I was handed a lifetime warranty document explaining all that they cover, which did sound nice, but that was it. He gave me a little demo showing how when one side of the glass sample he brought was chilled to -24 deg that the other side remained at 74. Impressive if you dont know what to be looking for; glass has its highest performing zones at the center of the glass, whereas the edges have a higher transference of heat/cold.

Secondly this demo lasted all of 30 seconds; had the window been exposed to -24 deg for hours and hours, what would the temp on the other side show. I saw where he also had a heat lamp in his bag; these "demos" are more trickery than proof of performance. I asked the Rep if the windows were energy star rated, his answer "oh, yea of course". When I asked for documentation, he scrounged through his bag until he found a piece of paper which contained an Energy Star logo, and their company name on the same sheet. This was his "proof". I asked if they had different grades of doors/windows; his answer "we dont have good, better, or best, only the best windows on the market". Yet again, no proof. He showed me their stainless steel bearing and track/guide system, and their foam filled vinyl construction.

Overall I was relatively impressed with the parts and products that he showed, but truly lost my support when it came to numbers. The rep, listened that I wanted a vinyl window, white exterior, possible wood look interior, and a possible blind between the glass option. He got out a binder, scratched 4 numbers on a piece of paper and handed it to me. The numbers, while high, were not exorbitant. I asked him if Champion offered any specials throughout the year, or offered financing, deals etc.

He said, "Yes, we have one going on right now," I asked what is it, he said "it's the right now special...when I walk out the door the price goes up 50%". I flat out told him that I dont appreciate the hard line sales tactics and thats a poor way to do business, then which he replied that "everyone in the business does it." To which I replied, "Well, it still doesnt make it right," and he said "well, imagine if I dont make the sale on the first trip out, and I have to come back a second or third time." And I said, "so you're telling me it costs you $3500 to make a in house sales call?"

Abruptly I told him that I had what I needed to make a decision and he should leave. Even if Champion had the best product, and the best prices in town, I would NEVER work with them; imagine how you'd be treated should there be a warranty claim, or customer service issue. Champion, in my opinion, is one of the, if not the, sleaziest business I have ever dealt with. I've never had this kind of sales rep disrespect in my life, and I am business owner who does a lot of business every day. Whether or not this guy performs these tactics out of his own doing, or this is how Champion teaches their reps to do so is unknown to me. I hope that Champion reads this, and the word gets out and they change their practices. This is utterly atrocious behavior, and I hope it impacts their business.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The flashing around my windows has turned pink. I have talked to both the office manager and the service manager of their Louisville office. Both have promised repeatedly that they would fix the issue. I have now been waiting over a month with no action. I will never use Champion again and will strongly recommend to friends and family that they avoid Champion. I would give them zero stars if this site would let me.

Updated on 10/10/2018: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CHAMPION. I took months to get Champion to replace the metal flashing around my windows as it had turned pink. They finally did replace it in Late July. At that same time, they inventoried my windows with broken seals and said they would order them and be back to replace them in 6 to 8 weeks. I also showed them a broken trim piece on my $5,000 Champion front door. They took one of the screw hole cover plugs so they could match the stain on the replacement piece.

I called them in Late September to get a status and they told me they lost the order and would have to come out again to inspect and measure my windows to place a new order. Since then I have gotten nothing but the runaround, and nothing has been accomplished. Now I have a home on the market with clouded over windows. Champion assured me they would send me an email so I could assure anyone considering buying the house that the windows would be replaced. I have not received that either. I informed my realtor that the home has Champion windows, siding, front door, sliding door, and 6 inch gutters with gutter guard. Champion has such a bad reputation in Louisville, she would not use that in the home description.

Original review: April 14, 2018

We had siding put on our house and I have complained three times that the siding is dropping down. They did come out and put it back up but it has since dropped yet again. Phoned again and was told that they charge $100.00 to out to look at the complaint. They said they have already been out once and didn't charge me. Surely when you have a complaint they should not be charging you to come out to see their poor workmanship. I would never recommend them to my own worst enemy.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The salesman came to my home twice. I accepted the quote and sent the paperwork with a deposit. I expected to have a roof in a few weeks. They gave me an old quote form, which had the wrong address on it. I talked to them. They decided they bid too low and wanted to rebid. Their paperwork is not worth the paper it’s printed on. With this problem, I question what their work quality would be. They may be legal with a clause in the contract that they can change the price but not ethical.

Original review: March 26, 2018

My Invoice says Voucher, Deposit and Prepaid Total. Merriam-Webster.com definition of Voucher: a form or check indicating a credit against future purchases or expenditures. That amount was not taken off of my loan. My Window Contract says 33% off plus $250.00 Gift Card. The price before the Fictional Discounts is not in any paperwork. It also was not credited to my loan. The Contract says Down Payment (Voucher Amount), this also was not applied to my loan. Quality? The inside surface of the windows are cold on cold days. Quality is POOR.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Windows and patio door - Stay away from this company. My salesman was misleading and talked me into doubling my budget in writing, yet verbally agreed upon a totally different number. The manager called and made an accusation that I was complaining about the price because I am battling cancer and trying to make him feel sorry for me. I don't need anyone to feel sorry for me and the fact he is accusing me of contacting him for sympathy is extremely offensive. I just need to deal with honest, ethical companies. Beware and make sure you have a witness to your sales pitch conversation.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I can't believe I went with this company for replacement windows. I bought in to their sales pitch with the warranty sealing the deal. October 2017 I called about 2 windows with broken seals. They took my $99 for service fee and said 8 weeks for windows to come in. It's the middle of March 2018 and still no windows. They won't return my calls. It seems like they are not legit.

Original review: March 1, 2018

We placed an order with Champion Window which they stated in their contract would be four to 8 weeks out. After 7 weeks and trying to get ahold of someone to call us back to set up our final measurements (which they never did.) we decided to cancel since it was clear that we were not going even get started on time or if ever. We also received a bill from the finance company they were using on interest owed for the job. Again we never heard from them except for the initial sales guy at the start of the process.

The only time that they called us back was after we called the finance company and put in a dispute and told them we needed to cancel for expectations not fulfilled. We are now being hit for a cancellation fee for $1400 for not even being able to get a call from this company. I feel like we were scammed and they just want their customers to sign on the dotted line and wait for them to cancel and be able to take money from them without having to actually do anything.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

When we signed the dotted line 10/13/17 we were told 6-8 weeks they would start. For three weeks now it’s next week but no show and no communication. Won’t return phone calls. This is unacceptable for a company of this size and stature.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I ordered and financed my siding 2 months ago. I was told they would call to put me on the schedule in a couple of weeks. No call. I called in and was told the product had been ordered, and once delivered, they would call me to schedule. Still no call, and my 2nd payment is due. Not returning my calls. They have had my money for 2 months.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

In mid-June, I contacted office to report compromised seal on a bedroom window; noticed it when an obvious hand drawn "image" appeared within the sealed portion of the window. Called and spoke with representative in NB office who advised would have the scheduler contact me. No call back, medical issues arose, so again contacted the office in August and was given service call date of 8/15. Serviceman came and measured window; was advised at that time it would take two to three months to get window from factory. Advised installer I would contact corporate, as office/scheduling of this "event" was the worst customer service I had ever encountered. Called corporate and left message on mailbox (where is everyone?) and NEVER heard back. Early October, received call from Champion service office in NB that window is in and want to schedule install date.

Scheduled install for after 2:00 pm on 10/25; date arrives and knock on door shortly before 1:00 pm; needless to say, it appears nothing about a customer's selecting a time for an appointment is followed. Was advised installer was in the area and took a chance that I would be available. Same installer as took measurements in August; allowed him to replace the window at this time; was told service call fee is $175.00!!! WTF??? I advised installer I did not want to BUY the window and considered the fee outrageous and was not advised by local office of this. He indicated would let Champion Windows know of my displeasure and refusal to pay their "service fee". I have yet to hear from corporate or the NB office, whomever wants to get in my face and hear me out!!! Pulled out Lifetime Limited Transferable Warranty and note "There is a nominal trip charge after two years for all service calls".

Last service call was only $65 and vehicle fuel prices were MUCH HIGHER and office was in Des Moines, not NB!!! I have a folder of my initial purchase replacing EVERY window and slider in my home, investing over $19,000. Beware doing business with this company. Their palm is out at every turn to squeeze the consumer for $$$. There were only two installers that I would have recommended, but I am sure they are no longer with the company. I had to request first one and then the replacement site manager responsible for the integrity of the work being done not be allowed to return, as it was obvious that the placement of some windows was not done level.

FINALLY had someone who knew what it should look like come out and confirm the installation was not correct. He was responsible for scheduling the two PROFESSIONAL installers who finished and "fixed" what needed fixed, as a result of the work done by the initial crew. I will not PAY RANSOM money for inferior quality product failure, nor for the "**" artwork embedded between the panes.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

A contract was signed with Champion Window to build a sunroom addition on our home. We paid Champion in full but had water intrusion issues when the spring rains arrived. We immediately contacted Champion Window to schedule a warranty repair which they claim is the best in the industry. The Champion repairman has been at our house approximately 10 times and is unable to stop the sunroom from leaking. The repairman has caulked the outside of the sunroom extensively and is causing property damage to our house. He has damaged our new deck, left caulk beads on the sunroom glass, has damaged our wood flooring, and failed to stop the multiple leaks. Another contractor has spotted black mold forming on the sunroom and this may be a potential health hazard to our family.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Ordered replacement of 3 Champion Windows that had broken seals on May 22, 2017. Was told it would be 3 weeks. It is now 4 months. Two of the three windows arrived in Memphis but the third is yet to come. I did not want a day of my life reserved to put 2 windows and another day for the third in so I wait, wait, wait. Today, 4 months later, I was told it takes 8-12 weeks to get the windows back from the one factory (in Cincinnati) servicing the whole USA. Yet, they continue to advertise. Lifetime guarantee but I don't think the company will last a Lifetime.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I had a good experience with the company until I had to prove to them the glass in the front window was warped. It took 2 months for them to order a new "sash." It wasn't any better than what I already had. I live in Colorado where it's high altitude. The windows are made in Ohio. Does this make any sense? The argon gas inside the window created a warped look that I notice especially at night. It's something I've been told I'll have to live with and that's how tempered glass is supposed to look. The man, Bernard, said maybe it'll go away. He was talking about "in my head" like I'm making this up... I definitely picked the wrong company.

Champion Window expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Champion Window manufactures and installs sunrooms, windows, doors, siding and roofing materials. All their products are manufactured in the United States. The company was founded in 1953 and is headquartered in Cincinnati with 52 locations across the country.

• Neighborhood Map: Interested consumers can visit the company website to see a map of homes in their area where Champion products have been installed.

• Comfort 365® Glass: Champion sunrooms are constructed with the company’s patented Energy-Star-compliant Comfort 365® glass. The glass blocks UV rays and helps maintain the indoor temperature.

• Style options: Customers can choose from several sunroom styles manufactured by Champion, and they can customize their choice with different doors, finishes and colors.

• Free consultation: Interested consumers can schedule a free consultation by visiting Champion’s website. They can select a day and time online or call to set up an appointment. Sales representatives are available six days a week.

• Warranties: Champion provides a limited lifetime warranty against all glass breakage and seal failures for their sunrooms. The warranty also covers installation and manufacturing defects for 15 years.

• Best for: Champion Windows is best for customers who live within 60 miles of one of their providers and want a year round or seasonal sunroom.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs