4.2/5 (92 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Champion Windows and Home Exteriors

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors is a home improvement company that specializes in custom-built windows, doors, siding and sunroom additions. All its products are backed by a limited lifetime warranty that covers necessary repairs, parts and labor. You can see Champion’s products at showrooms across the country and schedule a free quote online.

Pros

• Good quality
  • Several U.S. locations
  • Highly customizable

Cons

• Can be expensive
  • Pricing available only with a quote

Bottom Line

Champion offers customized home improvement items with no middleman or third parties. It can be pricey, but it could be good if you’re looking for custom-built window replacements, siding or sunroom additions.

Top Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows & Home Exteriors?

Verified

Champion was awesome. I had them install sliding glass doors and the quality is amazing. They did a really nice job. The installers were really good. They came in, they did their ...

Verified

I'm satisfied with the work that Champion Windows did… We had them help us with the sunroom. The quality is very high. I got what I paid for with the package and how I got everyth...

What is Champion?

Champion is a home improvement company that offers replacement windows, stain-resistant siding, sunroom additions and custom doors. All its products are built in the U.S. and backed by a limited lifetime warranty. It offers some high-efficiency window options and uses a high-quality sealant for its installations to ensure proper window insulation. Champion also builds sunrooms in a variety of sizes and works with you to design a layout that suits your home.

Champion installation

Champion includes installation in your free quote. It outlines a six-step installation process on its website:

• Greet and process
  • Prepare the area
  • Prepare and clean opening
  • Insulate and seal frame
  • Clean up
  • Verify work

Champion also offers cold-weather installation, which minimizes energy loss and drafts.

Champion prices

Although Champion doesn’t offer prices online or over the phone, you can get a free quote and consultation by filling out a form on its website. Because it cuts out the middleman, it offers prices slightly lower than you might expect — but it still might be expensive. Your free quote includes installation, so you won’t be hit with any installation fees. Champion also offers a YES (Your Exclusive Savings) Program, which provides discounted services.

Champion FAQ

What states does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors operate in?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors operates in 23 states, including:

• Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
Who owns Champion?

Michael Lentin has owned Champion since 2011.

How much is a Champion sunroom?

A typical Champion sunroom addition costs anywhere from $8,000 to $45,000; you can get a free quote for a new sunroom.

What are Champion’s windows made of?

Champion’s windows are made of pure vinyl.

What types of windows does Champion sell?

Champion sells a variety of windows, from bay windows to basement hoppers.

Is Champion any good?

Champion offers high-quality replacement windows, siding, sunrooms and more. Because it works with you directly to handle design, manufacturing and installation, Champion is worth looking into if you want a full-service home improvement company with customizable options.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows and Home Exteriors?

Original review: July 24, 2022

Champion had to come back twice because someone didn't measure our window right and they ordered the wrong size. The two installs were about a month apart, but there was no problem with the installs and the windows are great. I was looking for not ridiculously expensive but really good windows, and Champion sent somebody out. The windows were obviously of good quality. There was some glass here and there during the install, but it's okay. They changed about 22 windows. You can’t really do that without making too big of a mess. They did most of it in one day. They incorrectly measured a window though, so, it didn't fit and they had to reorder it.

We're very happy with the windows. The house is way better. We purchased the house with old 1970s windows and knew that was going to be an expenditure. We went through the first winter in the house with the old windows. There's an amazing difference we could see out of the new windows. The house is decently insulated, and you could feel cold air coming in the windows before. On a hot day, you could go stand in front of the new window and then in front of the old window, and you could feel a huge difference in the thermal protection.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks for providing this thorough review of our work, Wesley. We appreciate you.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2022

We went to the store to look at the glass enclosures and we first dealt with the salespeople and installers of Champion there. We liked the interaction and they followed up. Then, the quote was reasonable. It was not cheap but you're talking about lifetime warranty, so you get what you pay for with Champion. The installation was smooth, easy, and took a day. But on the sunroom, it took them a few weeks. The thing is, once they got the pads poured out there and got the sidewalk done, everything else just went up. So they were very efficient and you wouldn't know they were here. With a lot of installation companies, you have drywall here, you have mortar here, and you have this and that. But we never had that with Champion. They would always clean up and would always take care of their things.

Even if I would just call the service people on the phone to talk to them, they were very professional. They were different than most companies these days. I also love it everything we got from them and I couldn't be happier with the sunroom. It's been up for quite a while now and we've never had an issue with it. We had someone try to break in the backdoor and the lock prevented it. It ended up breaking the lock and they were going to charge us to come out and replace it, but since I made a police report on it, they went ahead and waived that. So that was pretty cool, too.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Champion and for mentioning the cleanup, Jeff.

Original review: May 6, 2022

The rep was easy to talk to. He was very interested in our projects, our house and what we were looking to do. He gave us good advice that was not just focused on selling us windows. He offered us other advice about other projects that we were looking at, and his thoughts on them based on his experiences. So, it was nice that he wasn't just there to be a salesman of Champion Windows. He presented an all-around, “I'm here to help you. And if this is the right option for you, then we'll figure it out. And if it's not the right option for you, you'll know after this visit that it's not.”

The install was awesome. Those guys were great. It was a group of about four or five people. And they communicated when they were coming up. They came up. They were very professional and polite. I could see them being very conscious of our space. They had a lady that followed them around with a Shop-Vac, making sure that if anything got dirty, it didn't stay dirty for very long. They were fast.

And I asked them, “Can you save our windows?” Because we didn't want broken windows. Which I read reviews that sometimes there are broken windows. But we also wanted to be able to reuse the windows. I was concerned that it might not be very easy for them to save the windows. And they said, “Sure, that's no problem at all. Here's the situation with your windows. Here's what we need to do to save them. We can't save these pieces because they have to come out.” They very clearly explained everything to me of what they could do and why. They did seven windows in four hours and left, and everything was clean and done. I went around and looked at all the outside stuff. And it was all very well done.

The only problem that we're having right now, and part of why I haven't done the email surveys, is because I don't know how to rate that. The salesman was great. The installers were great. But we had one of our windows, two days after it was installed, we went down there and it was broken. Our only guess and other people who looked at it, is that maybe the gas pressure inside, because of our altitude, there might have been a little defect of some kind and it caused it to explode. Because that's what happened. One panel is still intact, but the inner panel exploded in. It wasn't that dramatic, but the glass was pushed in. I am holding off to see how they dealt with that.

Also, the wrong handles were ordered for one of the bay windows. So, we can't open the bay windows yet. We still have stickers on those windows because we can't get to them without opening the window. I called the call center to follow up, because I emailed the information. The customer service lady that I talked to via email was very helpful. And she said, “If we can figure out what window this is for sure, then we don't have to take the time to send a tech out there to measure and make sure what we need to replace. I can just put the order in.” So, I gave her the measurements. She said, “No problem, I found the window. It's the only one of that size, and I'll put in the order.”

I tried to follow up a couple of weeks later. I called and I was sent to a different call center. But they didn't know the situation. So, they had to do a little research and they got back with me, which was fine, and said, “We're sending a request to the Denver center for them to update you on what's going on with the handles and the windows.” But I never heard back from Denver on that. Other than that, I'm happy at this point.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Thirty year old home. Windows were fogged and leaking. I checked several local suppliers and found that good quality windows were on order and delivery time was unavailable. Installers varied as well as install prices. I made an appointment with Champion's competition company and got a no show and no call back. I called Champion Windows and made an appointment for a sales rep. Michael arrived on time and well prepared. Explained the difference in their product v/s others and what products they had to offer. My wife and I selected the windows of choice and Michael measured the existing windows for replacement. He then called Portland for price and availability. We received a one time quote for windows and installation. Approximate time of delivery and install was given at this time.

I paid 1/2 down with cash back credit card and received cash discount and no extra charge. An appointment was made for a installer to come and check measurements for accuracy. The installed showed up on time and called before his arrival. Joe measured all windows, checked and double checked his measurements and sent the order for construction. Several weeks before the windows were to be delivered, I was contacted by the company to verify the install date.

On said date the installers called and arrived on time and started work. A van truck arrived shortly after with the windows. Some modifications had to be made to the window sills because of difference in thickness of existing windows and the installers did an excellent job of fitting and installing. They had eight windows and one sliding patio door installed in less than six hours, working straight through, no breaks or lunch which was offered. Only problem with entire job was one torn screen on bedroom window. Which was ordered at this time. They also did a very good job of clean up after completion. All windows and leftover material was loaded in van and removed when leaving. All in all it was a very good experience. The price of the windows were a bit higher than local dealers but it is uncommon to get a quote that doesn't include some hidden charges. I would have no problem referring Champion to others. Great Job. Thanks Mike.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I looked for somebody that would be local and Champion Windows is local. A couple of the other outfits seem like middlemen. They would come in here then they would hire somebody else out to put the windows in, and they bought the windows from somebody else. Champion makes their own windows. I looked at five or six different operations and Champion looked more affordable and it was a good product. The rep was cool. He was very detailed and went over all the nuts and bolts to the operation.

The guys that came in and installed were brothers and they've been installing windows for Champion for 17 years. One brother works on the inside and one works on the outside. That’s how they get the windows installed so fast. They're great and the windows look really sturdy. These are all fiberglass aluminum, so I shouldn't have that much of a problem as far as the mold goes. The only thing is in two of the windows, it's a large bay window in the middle and the two sides slide in. You should be able to lift those out to clean them. But the one that's in the upstairs bedroom needs about another 16th of an inch to be able to pop out.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I was pretty skeptical going in because I’ve heard all kinds of horror stories but the whole experience, from the guy that measured the windows to the installers, was outstanding. Also, the price was a lot better. I was shocked at how many windows were replaced and how little it cost.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

My experience from Champion has been a nightmare. They took over 5 months to finally install windows that were supposed to be done in 4-6 weeks and about another year for them to attempt to make them right with me. Once installed, there were multiple problem with them. The worst thing was that all the windows were sagging in the upper corners on both sides. They sent three different people at three different times out to "fix" the issues. Each time they either didn't fix anything or fixed one thing and blew off the rest.

After about a year and a half after the original order, they have finally fixed most of the issues but still refuse to address the sagging windows. Their reasoning is that "that's the way they windows were made." One of the reasons we decided to buy these windows in the first place, was the statement from their salesman and I quote. "We own the factory so we can control the quality of the products we sell." So, then logic would dictate, that either that statement is a lie or they just don't care about the quality as long as they get their money. It has now been over a year and a half from the original order and just today a rude woman from "corporate" told me that they would not be correcting any more issues with my windows, that that's how they were made and that's just how they are.

The second half of the approx $12,000 order is due and if we didn't pay it now we would be sent to collections and or sued for the balance and our warranty would be void. Oh yes, they did offer compensation for all the trouble we've had. They are giving us $250 off of as I said about $12,000... So, if you're in the market for windows, do yourself a favor and don't even consider Champion windows. I know I won't next year when I replace the rest of the windows in my house.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

We're sorry you weren't satisfied with your recent experience, Kevin. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns so we can address them with our staff and continue to improve.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Everything went really smoothly. They showed up on time and they got the job done quickly. They also told us what they were doing as they were doing it and they left everything clean and just how they found it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

Champion was real prompt in making an appointment coming out and we liked what they had to offer, so we went with them. They were ahead of schedule as far as putting on our sunroom. It was done several weeks ahead of schedule. We love the sunroom and the work was really good. But we’ve come across one problem and hopefully, they would remedy that soon. They replaced one of our windows also and the one they installed is not the window they told us that they were gonna put in. They tried to put in something around to make up for the gap and my husband is not happy about that part. But other than that, it was wonderful with Champion.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

The installers were wonderful. They tried to tell the boss, Scott, that the measure guy had measured incorrectly. He wasn't listening. The installer must have talked to the salesman. The salesman called and I told him it wasn't his problem, it was the boss's problem because the plans were accurate. Then the boss came out. He tried to convince me and said, "We're going to do something different by putting in some sidelights to fill in the discrepancy." I said no so it was another delay. He got mad at me because I called him out. Finally, he decided he was going to finish the job. He sent another crew out. They finished it in two days but there are still a few details that Champion needs to address.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Company Information