4.2/5 (77 ratings)

About Champion Windows and Home Exteriors

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors is a home improvement company that specializes in custom-built windows, doors, siding and sunroom additions. All its products are backed by a limited lifetime warranty that covers necessary repairs, parts and labor. You can see Champion’s products at showrooms across the country and schedule a free quote online.

Pros

• Good quality
  • Several U.S. locations
  • Highly customizable

Cons

• Can be expensive
  • Pricing available only with a quote

Bottom Line

Champion offers customized home improvement items with no middleman or third parties. It can be pricey, but it could be good if you’re looking for custom-built window replacements, siding or sunroom additions.

Top Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Windows & Home Exteriors?

Verified

Champion was awesome. I had them install sliding glass doors and the quality is amazing. They did a really nice job. The installers were really good. They came in, they did their ...

Verified

I'm satisfied with the work that Champion Windows did… We had them help us with the sunroom. The quality is very high. I got what I paid for with the package and how I got everyth...

What is Champion?

Champion is a home improvement company that offers replacement windows, stain-resistant siding, sunroom additions and custom doors. All its products are built in the U.S. and backed by a limited lifetime warranty. It offers some high-efficiency window options and uses a high-quality sealant for its installations to ensure proper window insulation. Champion also builds sunrooms in a variety of sizes and works with you to design a layout that suits your home.

Champion installation

Champion includes installation in your free quote. It outlines a six-step installation process on its website:

• Greet and process
  • Prepare the area
  • Prepare and clean opening
  • Insulate and seal frame
  • Clean up
  • Verify work

Champion also offers cold-weather installation, which minimizes energy loss and drafts.

Champion prices

Although Champion doesn’t offer prices online or over the phone, you can get a free quote and consultation by filling out a form on its website. Because it cuts out the middleman, it offers prices slightly lower than you might expect — but it still might be expensive. Your free quote includes installation, so you won’t be hit with any installation fees. Champion also offers a YES (Your Exclusive Savings) Program, which provides discounted services.

Champion FAQ

What states does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors operate in?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors operates in 23 states, including:

• Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
Who owns Champion?

Michael Lentin has owned Champion since 2011.

How much is a Champion sunroom?

A typical Champion sunroom addition costs anywhere from $8,000 to $45,000; you can get a free quote for a new sunroom.

What are Champion’s windows made of?

Champion’s windows are made of pure vinyl.

What types of windows does Champion sell?

Champion sells a variety of windows, from bay windows to basement hoppers.

Is Champion any good?

Champion offers high-quality replacement windows, siding, sunrooms and more. Because it works with you directly to handle design, manufacturing and installation, Champion is worth looking into if you want a full-service home improvement company with customizable options.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Reviews

1 featured review

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I bought three windows from Champion. I had a large picture window, and I changed it from one large window to two windows. I added another window in the living room, and then a bathroom window. They measured two times. When the tech team got out here, the windows didn't fit. I said, “I'm paying too much for windows for them not to fit the size.” He was very gracious. He said, "Sometimes they don't look at whatever the molding is and take that into consideration." He called and after he called, they said, “No problem. We will reorder the windows.” He said, “We will leave these here. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna cover up the front, or make it look pretty. But we'll be back as soon as possible.” I was very impressed with that.

I really like the windows in the living room. They are great as far as the look from them. The other thing is, because I live in Indiana, I've been checking to find out if it's cold inside of the window. Because that was one of the major factors that I really wanted. Because it had been cold in those windows. I have found that those windows have really held up. It does not feel cold on the window at all.

My only complaint is that I don't see or hear about Champion being earth-friendly. As they were cleaning up the site, he asked me about my windows to take. I said, “What do you all do with them? Do you recycle them?” He said, “We just throw them away.” I really want to do business with companies that are also trying to save the world. I don't feel like I can do business with them if they don’t do anything to help save the world. But the experience was great. Because I was really shocked that they will reorder the windows and remake the windows. But the ecological part of it is more of a sticking point for me.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us this review, Pam. We're glad we were able to correct the initial problem and meet your expectations for customer service. As far as being earth-friendly, our own windows are all Energy-Star certified and meet the highest standards for energy efficiency. Windows can be difficult to recycle for a variety of reasons - lead paint in older window frames, low-e glass coatings and tints in newer ones along with different melting temperatures from other recyclable glass, etc. But, we are always looking for ways to reduce waste and be more earth-friendly and we appreciate you sharing this as an important part of your purchase decisions.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

It was a few years ago when I got the first Champion Windows. I had a little wall put in, and it was starting to leak. So, I went to the state fair, and I compared the products against a few other companies, and I liked the way Champion had it set up. The initial installation went great. The installation day went smoothly and that morning, the installers were supposed to come out at a certain time. So, I thought I’d give myself plenty of time to get the old wall torn out. I almost got it all torn out. I didn't have the top piece and the lower piece taken out yet. They came in and said, “Oh, don't worry about that. We'll get that for you.” They finished taking the upper piece and the lower piece out. The quality of work they did was good. I liked what they did.

I had a window that was kinda leaky. I called them out and the first person came out, took a couple of screws out, and then he left. So, I called and said, “Does that guy come back out?” They said, “I don't know who that was.” So, they sent another person out, and he didn't know who that person was that just came out to take a couple of screws out. Another person came out and measured some stuff, and I never heard anything back. So, there were several different people that came out before I actually got somebody to actually do something. They finally pulled the windows out a little bit, and they put some more caulk inside where the window slides back into the structure.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks very much for sharing your experience in this review, Richard!

Original review: July 24, 2022

Champion had to come back twice because someone didn't measure our window right and they ordered the wrong size. The two installs were about a month apart, but there was no problem with the installs and the windows are great. I was looking for not ridiculously expensive but really good windows, and Champion sent somebody out. The windows were obviously of good quality. There was some glass here and there during the install, but it's okay. They changed about 22 windows. You can’t really do that without making too big of a mess. They did most of it in one day. They incorrectly measured a window though, so, it didn't fit and they had to reorder it.

We're very happy with the windows. The house is way better. We purchased the house with old 1970s windows and knew that was going to be an expenditure. We went through the first winter in the house with the old windows. There's an amazing difference we could see out of the new windows. The house is decently insulated, and you could feel cold air coming in the windows before. On a hot day, you could go stand in front of the new window and then in front of the old window, and you could feel a huge difference in the thermal protection.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks for providing this thorough review of our work, Wesley. We appreciate you.

Original review: June 28, 2022

We went to the store to look at the glass enclosures and we first dealt with the salespeople and installers of Champion there. We liked the interaction and they followed up. Then, the quote was reasonable. It was not cheap but you're talking about lifetime warranty, so you get what you pay for with Champion. The installation was smooth, easy, and took a day. But on the sunroom, it took them a few weeks. The thing is, once they got the pads poured out there and got the sidewalk done, everything else just went up. So they were very efficient and you wouldn't know they were here. With a lot of installation companies, you have drywall here, you have mortar here, and you have this and that. But we never had that with Champion. They would always clean up and would always take care of their things.

Even if I would just call the service people on the phone to talk to them, they were very professional. They were different than most companies these days. I also love it everything we got from them and I couldn't be happier with the sunroom. It's been up for quite a while now and we've never had an issue with it. We had someone try to break in the backdoor and the lock prevented it. It ended up breaking the lock and they were going to charge us to come out and replace it, but since I made a police report on it, they went ahead and waived that. So that was pretty cool, too.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Champion and for mentioning the cleanup, Jeff.

Original review: May 6, 2022

The rep was easy to talk to. He was very interested in our projects, our house and what we were looking to do. He gave us good advice that was not just focused on selling us windows. He offered us other advice about other projects that we were looking at, and his thoughts on them based on his experiences. So, it was nice that he wasn't just there to be a salesman of Champion Windows. He presented an all-around, “I'm here to help you. And if this is the right option for you, then we'll figure it out. And if it's not the right option for you, you'll know after this visit that it's not.”

The install was awesome. Those guys were great. It was a group of about four or five people. And they communicated when they were coming up. They came up. They were very professional and polite. I could see them being very conscious of our space. They had a lady that followed them around with a Shop-Vac, making sure that if anything got dirty, it didn't stay dirty for very long. They were fast.

And I asked them, “Can you save our windows?” Because we didn't want broken windows. Which I read reviews that sometimes there are broken windows. But we also wanted to be able to reuse the windows. I was concerned that it might not be very easy for them to save the windows. And they said, “Sure, that's no problem at all. Here's the situation with your windows. Here's what we need to do to save them. We can't save these pieces because they have to come out.” They very clearly explained everything to me of what they could do and why. They did seven windows in four hours and left, and everything was clean and done. I went around and looked at all the outside stuff. And it was all very well done.

The only problem that we're having right now, and part of why I haven't done the email surveys, is because I don't know how to rate that. The salesman was great. The installers were great. But we had one of our windows, two days after it was installed, we went down there and it was broken. Our only guess and other people who looked at it, is that maybe the gas pressure inside, because of our altitude, there might have been a little defect of some kind and it caused it to explode. Because that's what happened. One panel is still intact, but the inner panel exploded in. It wasn't that dramatic, but the glass was pushed in. I am holding off to see how they dealt with that.

Also, the wrong handles were ordered for one of the bay windows. So, we can't open the bay windows yet. We still have stickers on those windows because we can't get to them without opening the window. I called the call center to follow up, because I emailed the information. The customer service lady that I talked to via email was very helpful. And she said, “If we can figure out what window this is for sure, then we don't have to take the time to send a tech out there to measure and make sure what we need to replace. I can just put the order in.” So, I gave her the measurements. She said, “No problem, I found the window. It's the only one of that size, and I'll put in the order.”

I tried to follow up a couple of weeks later. I called and I was sent to a different call center. But they didn't know the situation. So, they had to do a little research and they got back with me, which was fine, and said, “We're sending a request to the Denver center for them to update you on what's going on with the handles and the windows.” But I never heard back from Denver on that. Other than that, I'm happy at this point.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

My husband was sold on Champion and he liked the product. We got five windows and a sliding glass door. So far, they're very nice. My house even seems a little bit colder since my windows have been put in. But I still hear everything from outside. Overall, Champion windows have very good quality.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for leaving us this review, Christine.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I'm really happy with Champion. The sales rep for Champion was the only one that treated me respectfully. He responded to my request without a hassle. He did everything that I asked of him. I couldn't ask anymore. He was professional. I purchased windows and everything seems good. The guys that installed it were fantastic. They went above and beyond the call of duty. I plan on getting some more windows, but just not right now because I had surgery.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thank you for leaving us a review, David!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

The sales reps of Champion Windows were really nice. The installer was fantastic too. The installation went easy and the windows look great.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks very much for leaving us a review, Jamie! We're glad to have you as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Champion's salesperson helped me understand what my options were and also the work. That was so great and really easy. Financing was really easy. The work that was done was great. We really appreciate it.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks for this review, Jason. We're glad to hear the work was great and you were satisfied with the process.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I had a good experience with Champion. I hated the waiting, but I understood that. At the time I got the windows, it was a very busy time of the year. The installer did an excellent job. He couldn't do them all in one day. The two large windows required so much cutting out and taking out. He was taking two windows out and putting in one large in each thing. All in all, I'm well satisfied. I would recommend Champion.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors response

Thanks very much, Anna! We appreciate your recommendation.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors Company Information