4.52/5
Based on 86 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Champion Energy provides exceptional customer care and competitive residential electricity rates. As one of the nation’s fastest growing electricity providers, Champion Energy provides residential service in Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Ohio. Champion Energy has received recognition by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating and ranks “Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Service in Texas” by J. D. Power. Whether you are looking for a low fixed electricity rate, renewable energy, or automatic payment options Champion Energy has the right plan for you. And with 24/7 customer care based in Texas, fixed rate plans without hidden fees and a robust referral program, Champion Energy is sure to satisfy you.

Champion Energy Services Video
Champion Energy Services Gallery (2)
A+BBB Rating
Ranked "Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Service in Texas" by J.D. Power J.D. Power
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

281 Champion Energy Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Champion's customer service representatives are awesome and they've helped me out. I’ve only had Champion for two months, and my experience has been good so far. I used a different electricity provider before and now, my electricity bill is not as high as it was before.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I haven't been with Champion for long, however, so far this month, they've been cheaper than what I had paid previously. For a very brief time, I used Mountain something. Before then, it was, another one I can't remember. Then it was TXU before that. The rep I talked to was very polite and thorough. In addition, he answered all my questions. Installation was very quick. However, they had to replace the meter outside often. Other than that, it's been very good.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I switched homes and the previous owner had Champion Energy so we stuck with it. We got behind in payment for a month and I had to call them to see if they were getting it fixed, and they were helpful, courteous and professional. Then, we paid it and they fixed it in a few hours. I wish it was cheaper, but it was good and everything was smooth. I’m happy with Champion Energy so far.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I would tell friends to try out Champion Energy. We just moved into our home and we were in a rural area. We didn't have an option and use anything else so we had to use a specific company. So far, everything has been good. It was easy signing up with them. And their sales team are friendly, efficient, and easy to deal with. When we moved in, the installers came out and put up everything. It was a very, very easy transition.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

We were with Champion before then we switched to a different provider but we ended up going back to Champion because of the prices. I like them better. I’ve been able to do everything online and I didn’t have to go through a whole lot. I like it convenience-wise but I want to be able to talk to someone personally if I have a problem. Champion has great dependability and I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Energy Services?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Champion has been great. I’ve always had good luck with my providers but Champion seems to be a little bit less money which is what I like. The reps have always been nice and had called them for basic questions. I would definitely recommend Champion to others.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I started with Champion not too long ago. The reps were professional and courteous, and the installation went smoothly. I wasn't there but I didn’t have to worry about a thing. So far, their service has been very good and it's been reasonable. I’m hoping to stay with them for a long time because I’m not big of changing unless the rates go very high again. Others should check it Champion.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Champion Energy is good. It has helped a lot of people, like me. The old company charged a lot of money, but now as I do it from this new company, they do it a lot better. Champion Energy's people do a good job. Four weeks ago, a different company was knocking on the door, but I don't want to change companies. I'm happy and doing fine.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I had Reliant before but I'm very happy with Champion now. I have over 20 accounts with them and every time I call, I talk to a person in the United States and they’re very helpful. They're also courteous. I call them, they take the information, they set up the account and the account is turned on. It takes less than five minutes. Most everything we have now is on a smart meter, so they just go through the AEP and then it’s turned on. Overall, their performance and reliability have been very good and I’m very pleased with their service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

We've had Champion's services for only 30 days and so far, the experience was just fine and I haven’t had any problems.

Champion Energy Services response

Welcome to Champion Glenda!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I like Champion Energy Services. I also like the email that they send every week about the consumption and the weekly trend. The service installation has been very good and their free weekend program serves well. Last month when I was out of town, I missed several emails including the billing notice. After I got back, I received a call from their service agent and she was very nice and very patient. She reminded me that I should pay my bills which were overdue and she told me how to do that. So far, their service has been perfect and very reliable. Every time I need to be recharged, I know where to find the consultant. They have been very nice and it has been a seamless experience for me. I'm very satisfied.

Hi Hao,

Thanks for being a customer. Glad that you can take advantage of our weekly Smart Track usage reports to monitor your usage. If you ever have any questions, contact us 24/7 at 877.653.5090.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

The only interaction I had with Champion was when I signed up with them and it was great. I switched to them due to their cost and I've had no problem with their reliability and overall performance. I would recommend others to sign up as well.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for being a customer Shafia.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Champion Energy Services was referred to me so I called to sign up. The interaction I had with their agent wasn't exceptional but it was okay. I told them that my address was in Republic Circle, which is a new housing development, but they said that they didn't have it in their system and what they have is Republic Loop. I looked online and it says Republic Loop so I don't know if I'm paying for the right house. Still, the overall service has been fine.

Hi Leah,

Every home has a unique electric service identifier(ESIID). It looks like ESIID for your property address at Republic Circle shows up as Republic Loop in the database. Since these ID's are unique to the property, you are all set in having your electricity set up at the right home.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We have initially used Champion Energy Services and we just continued on it. Their customer service reps' ability to help us was good and we felt very comfortable after explaining what we wanted. The installation was already done by the time we reached our apartment so it was good too. I would tell a friend to prefer them than other services.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for your review Bhargavi. With most of Texas on smart meters now, setting up electricity service can happen pretty quickly. We're happy that you had a good experience with our customer care team and appreciate any future referrals you send our way!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I went with Champion and as far as usage goes, they’re comfortable to use. So far, it’s been great. My interactions with their team have been pretty much internet based. It’s fairly easy. I had some questions about logging on and they were pretty good about it. We’ve had Champion for two months now and have had no issues.

Champion Energy Services response

Welcome to Champion Johnathan. Though you've only been with us for two months, we hope that you continue to have great interactions with our team. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or comments at feedback@champion.energy. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Champion Energy Services' price was cheaper. They were nice when I called and they're nice to work with. They are also always so friendly. The overall performance and reliability of their service were great and I have recommended them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I had great interactions with Champion Energy Services' customer service representative when I was first getting it set up and they answered all my questions. I wasn't there during the installation but when we moved into our apartment, everything was working perfectly. We haven't had any problem with it like the power going out even when Harvey hit so I have been very pleased. It’s a very reliable company so I don’t see any reason why I wouldn’t recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My contract with my previous provider was coming to an end so my friend and I checked out the internet and Champion Energy Services' offer seemed like a better deal so we both went with it. My friend went in first and told me the name of the terrific rep. I called the rep and told her everything that I knew and she was really sweet. It was right at the time when the hurricane hit down here and her horses got hurt but she was still working. I never met a rep that was that nice. Usually they're busy but she was a very personable person and she's the very representative of the company. I flipped on with Champion Energy Services in November and they're better than my previous provider as they don't charge that much.

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Only in Texas would you hear a story about someone's horses getting impacted by Hurricane Harvey:) Glad that our rep was helpful and able to get your home set up with service. We hope to continue being better than your previous provider and welcome feedback at feedback@champion.energy. Thanks for being a customer!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I moved in to the area and researched energy providers per price. I'm very pleased with Champion Energy and I find their emails very useful.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for choosing Champion Energy Douglas. With your weekly usage emails you can track and manage your electricity consumption.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Champion Energy is a whole lot better than my previous provider, and I've only had them for a limited time. I bought a new home and it has been seamless. I called and spoke to their rep and she was well-versed on the products and the different options I had. It was a really quick and simple call and I was done. I love the weekly email updates with my usage and I feel that the system is a lot more user-friendly. Also, I like that they give referral bonus because I started referring them people and I didn't realize we would both get a credit.

Champion Energy Services response

Hi Crystal. Thanks for joining the Champion family! It's quick and easy to become a customer and we appreciate the referrals.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Champion Energy's price and customer service are good. Plus, they're so friendly. When I get an issue, I just make a phone call and they solve it. I have recommended Champion Energy to friends.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for referring your friends to us Nicole. Our customer care team is based locally in Texas to solve any questions you have.We appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had Champion and then I switched, and then I went back since I never had any problems with them. Setting their service back up was really easy, and I like them compared to the other provider I used. I’ve been with them for four months now and so far, service has been great.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I had an awful experience with my past electricity provider but Champion Energy is the best. I got everything set up and I like the weekly update so much because there is nothing for me to feel cheated. They don't give bogus bill every month and they are reliable. For now, I'm satisfied with them.

Champion Energy Services response

Hi Daerego. Thanks for choosing Champion Energy to power your home. We believe in transparency and a "bogus" bill is something you won't get from us. Our weekly usage reports help you understand how much power you use week over week to never get a "surprise" bill. If you're interested, you can also view detailed reporting about your electricity consumption by logging into your account.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Champion Energy's price per unit really caught my eye, it was the best deal. In addition, they have their headquarters in Houston and the flood happened on the same day I signed up. They were underwater but they still answered my call and were very sweet and calm amidst the chaos. They were able to answer my questions, so I was impressed. I signed up before moving into an apartment complex and when I got there my power was on. I got them about four months ago and all my bills have been under $40 every single time. I support them and I’m satisfied.

Champion Energy Services response

Hi Shelby. Thanks for choosing Champion Energy! Even Hurricane Harvey couldn't stop us from answering calls from potential customers (like yourself) and most importantly the calls we were receiving from customers impacted by the storm. We're available 24/7 to assist customers. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I went to Energy Ogre and they chose Champion for me. Compared to my previous provider, electricity is the same but the price is much better. I spoke to customer service when I set up my autopay and they were wonderful. The installation was transparent to me so I didn’t have anything to do. I've been with them for three months now and overall, Champion is cheap, but excellent. I would tell my family and friends to go with them.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for choosing Champion Energy. We aren't always the lowest priced provider in the market, but we do strive to offer customers a fair rate whether you're a new customer or existing customer. We hope that you continue to stay and save as a Champion customer!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Years as a customer with perfect payment history and outstanding credit score and many referrals sent...won't allow service for my company without a HUGE deposit! Seriously?!?! I pay every month on time and have a super high credit score and own my own company! No more referrals from me, and I will take my business to a company who appreciates and rewards people who pay on time and have good credit! (And let's add the threats and tone of voice from the man who called me to tell me I was being declined).

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

TERRIBLE COMPANY... I had my account set up on auto pay. Champion Energy would disconnect me randomly and I would have to call in and find out what happened thinking maybe there was something wrong with my auto pay account. Yea after the 5th time it was clear. I then noticed my monthly bills were going up significantly so I looked at the details of the billing.

THEY CHARGED ME DISCONNECT FEES. Every time I would call in they were like "Oh Im sorry. Yes you didnt deserve any disconnect fees" and credit me back. It started turning into a monthly thing. They said it was because they were trying out a new system. Never offered anything for the hours I spent talking to them... They would always say they will have a supervisor contact me. That never happened.

Champion Energy Services response

Hi Derek, We're so sorry to hear about this experience. Please send us an email to feedback@championenergyservices.com so we can investigate further.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This company is the worst energy company I have ever had. I currently have their service and chose them because of their cheap prices. You get what you paid for the customer service is deplorable and the agents are rude and disrespectful. This company could care less about their customers or their customer's needs. The only thing this company is good for is their low prices. Don't be fooled by these low prices because they will charge you extra for anything under the book. The company is horrible and I would pay a few cents extra to have another energy company.

Hi Thomas,

We're so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. Please send us an email to feedback@championenergyservices.com so we can investigate further.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The service connection was prompt and the communications were courteous. I like the weekly energy consumption reports with the weather conditions shown underneath, so you could relate between personal consumption and weather demands. Champion had different plans, one of which is the month to month plan which I used since I will be renting the place for a year till I retire. I am recommending the service to my tenants and I would definitely use them again. All in all excellent service.

Hi Kamil,

Thanks so much for the great review. We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your service with us. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We're always happy to help!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

RUN AWAY! This company is a SCAM! I was out of town with ALL of my utilities turned off yet my billing cycle for the 2 weeks that I was gone the usage was equivalent as to when I was home. There was NOBODY at my place to run electricity to begin with. I wish someone had written a review like this one before I signed a contract with them and I had came across it. If you search the reviews for this company the majority of them are almost unreal saying they are happy, satisfied etc. Their customer service gives you the complete runaround as to why the bill is so HIGH! 300-500/Month with MINIMAL to no usage. My wife even got accustomed to cooking in the dark to save electricity. That's how sad it is. Terrible company. Please tell all your friends, family, acquaintances, and etc to save their money by refraining to partner with this company as their electricity provider.

Champion Energy Services response

Hi Alex, We're so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us an email at feedback@championenergyservices.com to investigate further.

Champion Energy Services Company Information