It's that easy Request Information
4.50/5
Based on 80 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Champion Energy provides exceptional customer care and competitive residential electricity rates. As one of the nation’s fastest growing electricity providers, Champion Energy provides residential service in Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Massachusetts and Delaware. Champion Energy ranks “Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Service in Texas” by J. D. Power. Whether you are looking for a low fixed electricity rate, renewable energy, or automatic payment options Champion Energy has the right plan for you.

Ranked "Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Service in Texas" by J.D. Power J.D. Power
View More View More

288 Champion Energy Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Champion seems to be very good. They know what they're doing and they’ve been fair-minded. They took my phone call and they were able to route through my current lines. I'm quite satisfied thus far.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Champion Energy's cost is a little bit less than the others. When we first switched to them, the lady who was here promised me that they were going to give me a hundred light bulbs. Everything was good with the installation and the service is good.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I like Champion Energy Services. Somebody gave me their number and I called them. They told me about themselves and their rates, which was better than the provider I had used, so I signed with Champion. Their reps were very nice and helped me with whatever question I asked. I did not know the specific due dates so I asked the agent and she told me that I can pay the bill between the 28th the 30th. Since the day I had Champion, my bill has gone down considerably so I'm recommending Champion to people. In fact, I have told two people about them already.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Champion Energy had the best price. There was another company that I called that had a lower price than them, but because of how I was treated on the phone by the sales team, I chose to go with Champion. The other company didn't really care whether they got my business or not and they were rude to me and wouldn't give me information. But Champion's customer service was fantastic. They were very helpful when I called them. They took the time to explain all of the different plans that they had. And they were willing to help me figure out what was the best plan for us. They did a great job.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We’re a real estate investment company, owning about 300 properties, and we've got Champion Energy whenever we buy rentals. The service has been good and the representatives at Champion I’ve talked to have all been fairly good. We used to spend hours on the phone with Champion every week trying to get services started but now, we submit through email and it’s much easier than it was before. Yet because we have so many properties, we have to create separate accounts for each property. It would be easier to have a master account number and have all of our accounts listed under that account number. Other than that, all has been good, especially now that we’re able to email the request for service. And I also tell others that our experience with them has been positive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Champion Energy Services?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Champion Energy seemed to have the most “no strings attached” policies and it was recommended by the friend, so I went with them. I dealt with the customer service rep online, and then the techs put the switch. The plan I have is very simple, and there's nothing fancy about it. I don’t get lower rates during particular times or there’s no reward or special features, but it’s just a consistent, unchanging low price. It's reliable with no breaks in service. I'd recommend!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I liked the price that Champion Energy offered. I live in an apartment complex and during the installation, the guy worked in the background doing what he needed to do. It was a painless experience. Champion's service is pretty good and I like the consumer weekly reports. It’s nice to know how my energy usage is changing day by day. I can backtrack like with the weather and know that if it was hotter or colder that day, I used more energy. Champion is reliable and there’s not a very big price gap which is nice.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Champion's customer service representatives are awesome and they've helped me out. I’ve only had Champion for two months, and my experience has been good so far. I used a different electricity provider before and now, my electricity bill is not as high as it was before.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I haven't been with Champion for long, however, so far this month, they've been cheaper than what I had paid previously. For a very brief time, I used Mountain something. Before then, it was, another one I can't remember. Then it was TXU before that. The rep I talked to was very polite and thorough. In addition, he answered all my questions. Installation was very quick. However, they had to replace the meter outside often. Other than that, it's been very good.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I switched homes and the previous owner had Champion Energy so we stuck with it. We got behind in payment for a month and I had to call them to see if they were getting it fixed, and they were helpful, courteous and professional. Then, we paid it and they fixed it in a few hours. I wish it was cheaper, but it was good and everything was smooth. I’m happy with Champion Energy so far.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I would tell friends to try out Champion Energy. We just moved into our home and we were in a rural area. We didn't have an option and use anything else so we had to use a specific company. So far, everything has been good. It was easy signing up with them. And their sales team are friendly, efficient, and easy to deal with. When we moved in, the installers came out and put up everything. It was a very, very easy transition.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

We were with Champion before then we switched to a different provider but we ended up going back to Champion because of the prices. I like them better. I’ve been able to do everything online and I didn’t have to go through a whole lot. I like it convenience-wise but I want to be able to talk to someone personally if I have a problem. Champion has great dependability and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Champion has been great. I’ve always had good luck with my providers but Champion seems to be a little bit less money which is what I like. The reps have always been nice and had called them for basic questions. I would definitely recommend Champion to others.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I started with Champion not too long ago. The reps were professional and courteous, and the installation went smoothly. I wasn't there but I didn’t have to worry about a thing. So far, their service has been very good and it's been reasonable. I’m hoping to stay with them for a long time because I’m not big of changing unless the rates go very high again. Others should check it Champion.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Champion Energy is good. It has helped a lot of people, like me. The old company charged a lot of money, but now as I do it from this new company, they do it a lot better. Champion Energy's people do a good job. Four weeks ago, a different company was knocking on the door, but I don't want to change companies. I'm happy and doing fine.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I had Reliant before but I'm very happy with Champion now. I have over 20 accounts with them and every time I call, I talk to a person in the United States and they’re very helpful. They're also courteous. I call them, they take the information, they set up the account and the account is turned on. It takes less than five minutes. Most everything we have now is on a smart meter, so they just go through the AEP and then it’s turned on. Overall, their performance and reliability have been very good and I’m very pleased with their service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

We've had Champion's services for only 30 days and so far, the experience was just fine and I haven’t had any problems.

Champion Energy Services response

Welcome to Champion Glenda!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I like Champion Energy Services. I also like the email that they send every week about the consumption and the weekly trend. The service installation has been very good and their free weekend program serves well. Last month when I was out of town, I missed several emails including the billing notice. After I got back, I received a call from their service agent and she was very nice and very patient. She reminded me that I should pay my bills which were overdue and she told me how to do that. So far, their service has been perfect and very reliable. Every time I need to be recharged, I know where to find the consultant. They have been very nice and it has been a seamless experience for me. I'm very satisfied.

Hi Hao,

Thanks for being a customer. Glad that you can take advantage of our weekly Smart Track usage reports to monitor your usage. If you ever have any questions, contact us 24/7 at 877.653.5090.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

The only interaction I had with Champion was when I signed up with them and it was great. I switched to them due to their cost and I've had no problem with their reliability and overall performance. I would recommend others to sign up as well.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for being a customer Shafia.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Champion Energy Services was referred to me so I called to sign up. The interaction I had with their agent wasn't exceptional but it was okay. I told them that my address was in Republic Circle, which is a new housing development, but they said that they didn't have it in their system and what they have is Republic Loop. I looked online and it says Republic Loop so I don't know if I'm paying for the right house. Still, the overall service has been fine.

Hi Leah,

Every home has a unique electric service identifier(ESIID). It looks like ESIID for your property address at Republic Circle shows up as Republic Loop in the database. Since these ID's are unique to the property, you are all set in having your electricity set up at the right home.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We have initially used Champion Energy Services and we just continued on it. Their customer service reps' ability to help us was good and we felt very comfortable after explaining what we wanted. The installation was already done by the time we reached our apartment so it was good too. I would tell a friend to prefer them than other services.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for your review Bhargavi. With most of Texas on smart meters now, setting up electricity service can happen pretty quickly. We're happy that you had a good experience with our customer care team and appreciate any future referrals you send our way!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I went with Champion and as far as usage goes, they’re comfortable to use. So far, it’s been great. My interactions with their team have been pretty much internet based. It’s fairly easy. I had some questions about logging on and they were pretty good about it. We’ve had Champion for two months now and have had no issues.

Champion Energy Services response

Welcome to Champion Johnathan. Though you've only been with us for two months, we hope that you continue to have great interactions with our team. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or comments at feedback@champion.energy. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Champion Energy Services' price was cheaper. They were nice when I called and they're nice to work with. They are also always so friendly. The overall performance and reliability of their service were great and I have recommended them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I had great interactions with Champion Energy Services' customer service representative when I was first getting it set up and they answered all my questions. I wasn't there during the installation but when we moved into our apartment, everything was working perfectly. We haven't had any problem with it like the power going out even when Harvey hit so I have been very pleased. It’s a very reliable company so I don’t see any reason why I wouldn’t recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My contract with my previous provider was coming to an end so my friend and I checked out the internet and Champion Energy Services' offer seemed like a better deal so we both went with it. My friend went in first and told me the name of the terrific rep. I called the rep and told her everything that I knew and she was really sweet. It was right at the time when the hurricane hit down here and her horses got hurt but she was still working. I never met a rep that was that nice. Usually they're busy but she was a very personable person and she's the very representative of the company. I flipped on with Champion Energy Services in November and they're better than my previous provider as they don't charge that much.

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Only in Texas would you hear a story about someone's horses getting impacted by Hurricane Harvey:) Glad that our rep was helpful and able to get your home set up with service. We hope to continue being better than your previous provider and welcome feedback at feedback@champion.energy. Thanks for being a customer!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I moved in to the area and researched energy providers per price. I'm very pleased with Champion Energy and I find their emails very useful.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for choosing Champion Energy Douglas. With your weekly usage emails you can track and manage your electricity consumption.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Champion Energy is a whole lot better than my previous provider, and I've only had them for a limited time. I bought a new home and it has been seamless. I called and spoke to their rep and she was well-versed on the products and the different options I had. It was a really quick and simple call and I was done. I love the weekly email updates with my usage and I feel that the system is a lot more user-friendly. Also, I like that they give referral bonus because I started referring them people and I didn't realize we would both get a credit.

Champion Energy Services response

Hi Crystal. Thanks for joining the Champion family! It's quick and easy to become a customer and we appreciate the referrals.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Champion Energy's price and customer service are good. Plus, they're so friendly. When I get an issue, I just make a phone call and they solve it. I have recommended Champion Energy to friends.

Champion Energy Services response

Thanks for referring your friends to us Nicole. Our customer care team is based locally in Texas to solve any questions you have.We appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had Champion and then I switched, and then I went back since I never had any problems with them. Setting their service back up was really easy, and I like them compared to the other provider I used. I’ve been with them for four months now and so far, service has been great.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I had an awful experience with my past electricity provider but Champion Energy is the best. I got everything set up and I like the weekly update so much because there is nothing for me to feel cheated. They don't give bogus bill every month and they are reliable. For now, I'm satisfied with them.

Champion Energy Services response

Hi Daerego. Thanks for choosing Champion Energy to power your home. We believe in transparency and a "bogus" bill is something you won't get from us. Our weekly usage reports help you understand how much power you use week over week to never get a "surprise" bill. If you're interested, you can also view detailed reporting about your electricity consumption by logging into your account.

Champion Energy Services Company Information