Black & Decker Appliances

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Black & Decker Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: June 26, 2022

The gift card was stolen and they refused to give me my money back. Would never use again or recommend to anyone ever! This is ridiculous that customer service doesn’t care about any of this and expects that we have to lose money for their hacks!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

This review is for the poor, outsourced customer service, nonexistent 1 year warranty, and my bad experience with BLACK+DECKER EM031MB11 Digital Microwave Oven. Purchased on Jun 14, 2021 for $108 on Amazon. I knew I should have returned this microwave the first day I got it. This microwave causes a lot of condensation/water drips upon microwaving anything, wet or dry. The water drips are a problem as it covers the top, dripping into the food, and forms from the inside section of the door. It's also a pain because you are required to wipe it clear within every use, otherwise it starts to develop bad smells as you wait for the drips to dissipate.

I have owned many microwaves, never experienced. I reached out to customer service (which is outsourced to a 3rd party called Midea) for a fix, exchange or refund. They did not offer a solution for the issue. They did nothing. They claim this is normal for microwaves; that is unacceptable. It is a lie to the consumer to claim that microwaves behave this why. If that's "normal" for your microwave, then your product is built very poorly. We couldn't take it anymore after 4 months, so we purchased a Toshiba EM131A5C-SS to replace it (great quality, highly recommend).

Do not trust the one year warranty. This is clearly a lie based on this review and others who experienced similar issues. Another issue I have with this microwave is it's incredibly loud - both the door upon closing it and the heating. The door push latch is hard to push. Not only am I disappointed in this microwave, but Black and Decker's poor customer service shows their lack of care for their customers. I have lost all trust with Black and Decker completely from this experience.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

This is the best hand-held vacuum that I have ever purchased. It is small and easy to handle, store and use. The design of the wand makes reaching into those crooks and crannies easy and the power pulls all the debris out into an easy to open, empty and clean chamber. It is equipped with a lithium rechargeable battery that keeps it ready when you are. Having the right tool for the job make every man a pro. This is the right tool for cleaning the car, the stairs, and all of the other places the upright will not reach.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Great cordless vacuum cleaner, easy to charge and use. Lightweight and convertible to compact size. I bought it on Amazon and it was very affordable compared to several other brands. The charger charges the battery very fast. The charge stays for 40 mins on high speed mode.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Product number BESTA510, this was a great trimmer with lots of power; however it barely lasted one season. I purchased it a year ago and it worked through last summer and fall, however when I plugged it in for the first time this spring I got zero response from pulling the power trigger (and yes, I checked the power supply). To make things worse, the "certified B&D service centers" are a joke so trying to get this thing fixed is a major hassle.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Outstanding, never a problem. Works perfectly every time. Cooks completely. Easy to clean. Looks good in the kitchen. I can't recommend Black & Decker's model #EM925ACP-P1 more. Completely satisfied???.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Nice Size so cleaning the inside is easy and fits easily under my upper cabinets; often just one button for a one, two or three minute time command; has a turntable for even cooking; black design goes with any decor.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Great price for the size and wattage of the microwave! Works well and cooks evenly! I bought this a year ago from Kohl's and it was less expensive than the competition. I did have to request the spinner device for the turntable. Must have been lost in transit. All good though! They gave me a whole new machine! Love Kohl's.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased a Black & Decker Pressing Iron (for clothes) Model CR15X 120V-60Hz, just last month at Target. This iron is not safe because the "retractable cord reel button" is on top of the handle (not in a safe place). When I'm ironing clothes, I accidently touch the button and the cord automatically retracts and frightens me, it could also cause me to get burned by the hot iron when I panic. I want to returned this iron and buy a better one but unfortunately, Target is not giving refunds at this time, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic and I can't find my receipt. Just saying....

Original review: May 8, 2020

I had no idea that I had so much junk on my carpet after running this vacuum cleaner over my stairs once. This is after using my old vacuum that I have since discarded. Less sneezing, and my carpet looks like a carpet again. :)

Black & Decker author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Black & Decker is an American manufacturer known for power tools and other home technology. It was founded in Baltimore, Maryland in 1910 and today manufactures a variety of products. Black & Decker Home is a brand of home appliances owned by Spectrum Brands. You can buy Black & Decker cooking appliances, coffee and tea makers, blenders and juicers and more on the brand’s website and at Wal-Mart.

• XL Blast™ Drink Machine: This model features a 650W engine and a 72 ounce capacity blending jar. It also has a four speed digital control panel and preset functions for margaritas, daiquiris, shakes and smoothies. It costs about $60.

• FusionBlade™ Digital Blender: This option features a four function automatic digital control and a 700W engine. It comes with a 20 ounce mini blending jar. This model costs about $50.

• FusionBlade™ Personal Blender: This mini machine is perfect for individual beverages and comes with two 20 ounce blender jars. It has a 275W motor and costs $30.

• PowerCrush Multi-Function Blender: This option has a 700W motor and 12 functions. The glass jar holds six cups, and you can swap it out for a mini blending jar. This blender costs about $40.

• Product warranties: Black & Decker offers two- and three-year limited product warranties on its blenders. Be sure to register your product on its website.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Black & Decker Appliances Company Information