2. Homeowners

Appliances

Black & Decker Appliances
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Black & Decker Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased a Black & Decker Pressing Iron (for clothes) Model CR15X 120V-60Hz, just last month at Target. This iron is not safe because the "retractable cord reel button" is on top of the handle (not in a safe place). When I'm ironing clothes, I accidently touch the button and the cord automatically retracts and frightens me, it could also cause me to get burned by the hot iron when I panic. I want to returned this iron and buy a better one but unfortunately, Target is not giving refunds at this time, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic and I can't find my receipt. Just saying....

Original review: May 8, 2020

I had no idea that I had so much junk on my carpet after running this vacuum cleaner over my stairs once. This is after using my old vacuum that I have since discarded. Less sneezing, and my carpet looks like a carpet again. :)

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Very easy to use, across the bare floor and carpet. I like that it has the hand vacuum that comes off of the front, very handy. The vacuum has good good suction with the roller and the brush. The Hand Vacuum also has very good suction. This is very easy to clean. The cover comes off of the hand vacuum where it can be emptied. The filter is washable. Just rinse and let it dry. This is also cordless. Don't have to worry about tripping over a cord or plugging it in to a wall socket when cleaning. Only to charge it. I would purchase this again. Easiest vacuum I've ever bought.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Bought mine before Christmas 2019. Last week, the first week of January 2020 the thing caught fire, smoke, flames and all. I was air frying fish sticks and following all the directions. Under the title: AIR FRY. “1 Place food on Air Fry mesh tray. 2 Open oven door and insert tray on top of slide rack.“ Three minutes later flames were coming out the top of the door. Under the title: CARE AND CLEANING. “5 Any food that comes into contact with the elements will burn off on its own.”

They meant it literally. This item should be recalled. Mine was on the counter under the cabinets. Those wood cabinets might have caught fire.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Called Customer service, and told them there was an issue, product not working. They said to look on the prong of the plug and read off the numbers on the prong. After that they said to cut the plug off and take a picture of the prong with the numbers showing and email the picture to them for replacement. Sent the email with the photo within the hour of conversation.

After a week of hearing not a word, called them they said they got the email with the picture, but the picture was too big they wanted me to resend it in a smaller jpg form. After deciding I could not down size the picture, I called them back. This time I was told to send the picture by mail or send the plug, along with a check for $7.50 to cover the cost of shipping a replacement.... Nothing but a runaround, the product was a piece of junk and the so called customer service and replacement policy is nothing but a scam. I think they make it so difficult with all the aggravation, they hope you give up.

Original review: July 16, 2019

The microwave these few years are too light and frail and need durability brought back 'cause there are plenty folks to, go around who will buy them. Let's face it. They come in handy in many way I know.

Original review: July 6, 2019

We bought a Black & Decker mixer. Used it twice and it was finished and because it was outside the warranty they just said, "Oh well it happens." Just a bunch of junk and not the first Black & Decker product we have that has failed either. I will never buy any Black & Decker product ever again.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I broke the leg assembly but it's not a replaceable part.. So I'm not very happy as I have to glue the grill leg. I don't want to spend 50 dollars on a new grill. I am very happy on using the grill. It heats up evenly.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Waste of $50! Tried making a simple smoothie. It would struggle for a fraction of a second then stall. I had to remove the lid and stir down at least seven times. The smoothie button is useless. Don't buy this worthless machine!

Original review: March 30, 2019

I brought Black & Decker blender with chopper and grinder BX3600, and I came to know that this is one of the worst experience I had. In every use at the time of operation lid is getting removed automatically from jar. So I believe there is an issue and it's not a successful model of this brand, henceforth will not recommend to my friend, colleague and others. Thanks.

Black & Decker author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Black & Decker is an American manufacturer known for power tools and other home technology. It was founded in Baltimore, Maryland in 1910 and today manufactures a variety of products. Black & Decker Home is a brand of home appliances owned by Spectrum Brands. You can buy Black & Decker cooking appliances, coffee and tea makers, blenders and juicers and more on the brand’s website and at Wal-Mart.

• XL Blast™ Drink Machine: This model features a 650W engine and a 72 ounce capacity blending jar. It also has a four speed digital control panel and preset functions for margaritas, daiquiris, shakes and smoothies. It costs about $60.

• FusionBlade™ Digital Blender: This option features a four function automatic digital control and a 700W engine. It comes with a 20 ounce mini blending jar. This model costs about $50.

• FusionBlade™ Personal Blender: This mini machine is perfect for individual beverages and comes with two 20 ounce blender jars. It has a 275W motor and costs $30.

• PowerCrush Multi-Function Blender: This option has a 700W motor and 12 functions. The glass jar holds six cups, and you can swap it out for a mini blending jar. This blender costs about $40.

• Product warranties: Black & Decker offers two- and three-year limited product warranties on its blenders. Be sure to register your product on its website.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Black & Decker Appliances Company Information