Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Black & Decker Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Called Customer service, and told them there was an issue, product not working. They said to look on the prong of the plug and read off the numbers on the prong. After that they said to cut the plug off and take a picture of the prong with the numbers showing and email the picture to them for replacement. Sent the email with the photo within the hour of conversation.

After a week of hearing not a word, called them they said they got the email with the picture, but the picture was too big they wanted me to resend it in a smaller jpg form. After deciding I could not down size the picture, I called them back. This time I was told to send the picture by mail or send the plug, along with a check for $7.50 to cover the cost of shipping a replacement.... Nothing but a runaround, the product was a piece of junk and the so called customer service and replacement policy is nothing but a scam. I think they make it so difficult with all the aggravation, they hope you give up.

Original review: July 16, 2019

The microwave these few years are too light and frail and need durability brought back 'cause there are plenty folks to, go around who will buy them. Let's face it. They come in handy in many way I know.

Original review: July 6, 2019

We bought a Black & Decker mixer. Used it twice and it was finished and because it was outside the warranty they just said, "Oh well it happens." Just a bunch of junk and not the first Black & Decker product we have that has failed either. I will never buy any Black & Decker product ever again.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I broke the leg assembly but it's not a replaceable part.. So I'm not very happy as I have to glue the grill leg. I don't want to spend 50 dollars on a new grill. I am very happy on using the grill. It heats up evenly.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Waste of $50! Tried making a simple smoothie. It would struggle for a fraction of a second then stall. I had to remove the lid and stir down at least seven times. The smoothie button is useless. Don't buy this worthless machine!

Original review: March 30, 2019

I brought Black & Decker blender with chopper and grinder BX3600, and I came to know that this is one of the worst experience I had. In every use at the time of operation lid is getting removed automatically from jar. So I believe there is an issue and it's not a successful model of this brand, henceforth will not recommend to my friend, colleague and others. Thanks.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Almost caused a fire: We have only had the toaster oven for 2 years. The timer does not work, and doesn’t wind down to zero the majority of the time. The oven stays on and if we don’t set our own timer will stay on indefinitely. Oddly, once the oven is UNPLUGGED, the timer starts working. Dangerous product. Do not purchase.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I attempted to communicate with Black and Decker but their site was not working. This was my next option. I purchased the Dustbuster Lithium Flex Hand Vacuum. HFVB315J22. The reason I picked this one was because of the good quality that I have had experience with in the past. The battery does not hold its charge. It gets clogged at the inlet to the cylinder and then backs up into the tubing. I feel this is because there is not enough space between the hose and the spinning part of the cylinder to let the debris to get in and clear it. I feel it needs a little refining to make it work correctly and be up to par for the Black and Decker product.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Purchased Black+Decker TD4314SSD Rotisserie Convection Countertop Oven in late 2018. Tried it for the first time in March 2019 to bake tuna casserole in "convection bake" mode. Set temp to 350 and time to 30. I assumed the time was in minutes. I stepped out of the kitchen for a time and when I came back the oven was off. I did some experiments and found the timer only goes for a maximum of 10 minutes. On the oven it is marked up to 60 minutes. I cannot turn timer knob past "30". It is supposed to have a "stay on" feature if you turn knob to the left but mine won't turn to the left beyond off.

It appears the people at the factory installed the wrong kind of timer in this oven. I searched to see if anyone else had this timer problem and found many reviews of the door exploding. I had high hopes for this oven because it did an excellent job of baking the two casserole dishes evenly. They barely fit in the oven. I'm definitely going to return this as it is defective and dangerous. I don't think I should even donate it to the goodwill store as it will be a problem for someone else.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

In the past 9 months, I have purchased 5 Black & Decker Power Series Pro 2-in-1 cordless Lithium Ion Vacuum and have influenced a half dozen others to purchase them. The product itself is wonderful as far as performance and features. A key component of performance and longevity of the vacuum is regular cleaning of the removable filter (B & D instruction manual emphasizes regular cleaning/washing of filter). With less than a year of use, the filters on some of my units have become very frayed and are clogging. B & D Instruction manual identifies replacement filter kit and filter on the BOX the vac arrived in and in the instruction manual, and directs the owner to B & D's website to purchase said filter.

The problem is, they have NEVER had the filter, seem to have no knowledge if the filter will EVER be available... I have contacted B & D by phone and email a dozen times about needing the filters and have been told to call a retailer, call a B & D service center, and the last one told me they think the filters are back ordered. The BS has been flying and the bottom line is -- there are no filters and once the filter croaks on these vacs, no matter how nice they are, they will be dead. This is perhaps why they now retail at $150 and under?? I paid full price of $179 and $199 earlier and I have almost $1k invested in these 5 units. THIS IS MY LAST BLACK & DECKER PURCHASE!

Black & Decker Appliances Company Information