4.3/5 (669 ratings)

About Bath Planet

Bath Planet is a bathroom remodeling company that offers a variety of services for consumers interested in a bathroom upgrade. The company specializes in fast installations and includes a limited lifetime warranty on its products.

Pros

• Fast renovation process
  • High customer service ratings
  • Limited lifetime warranty

Cons

• No pricing information online
  • Order to installation can take time

Bottom Line

Bath Planet is a bathroom renovation and remodeling service. Its products come with a lifetime warranty. One-day installation is available.

Top Bath Planet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Bath Planet was efficient… It took two days on the one and two days on the other two. I was amazed how quickly they worked. They did their job. They cleaned up everything. We were...

Verified

I couldn't get in and out of the tub and my husband is pretty feeble. We needed a walk-in tub… I talked to Craig and he was great. Any friend of Craig is a friend of mine. He also...

What is Bath Planet?

Bath Planet offers a variety of bathroom remodeling services, including renovation and replacement options for customers who want a bathroom upgrade. Bath Planet boasts affordable services with quality products. This includes rigorously tested acrylic products.

Products and services that Bath Planet offers its customers include:

• Tub to shower conversion
  • Shower to tub conversion
  • Shower or bath remodeling
  • Shower or bath replacement
  • Bathtub wall liners, step-through inserts and accessories
  • Walk-in tubs
  • One-day remodels
  • Barrier-free showers
  • Shower bases, liners, wall surrounds, doors, rods and accessories

Bath Planet has an array of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, which lets you tailor your bathroom to fit your tastes. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty. Customers can schedule a free consultation with their local Bath Planet dealer.

Bath Planet installation

The process starts with sharing your remodeling goals with a Bath Planet customer service representative before scheduling a free in-home consultation. During this meeting, a design consultant assesses what options match your goals and suit your bathroom.

Once you choose the right options for your bathroom, the design team goes to work. They take detailed measurements and photos and hand your design to the operations team. This team reviews the work and places the order. Once your order arrives, they do a quality check and contact you to schedule installation.

On installation day, your technician will review each step with you. During installation, they take every precaution to keep your home clean and protected. When the work is complete, the technician does another walkthrough with you to make sure you’re satisfied. Depending on the scope of the project, installation can be completed in as little as a day.

How much does Bath Planet cost?

Bath Planet does not list any prices on its website. To get an estimate of project costs, you have to contact a customer service representative for a quote. Prices vary depending on several factors, including the type of project, materials used and labor.

Bath Planet offers up to 60-month financing for customers and provides senior and military discounts. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Bath Planet FAQ

Is Bath Planet expensive?
Bath Planet does not disclose prices on its website. Customer reviews suggest that Bath Planet is affordably priced.
Who owns Bath Planet?
Bath Planet is a part of BCI Acrylic Inc. This company is owned by Scott Rosenbach, who is also the company president.
Where is Bath Planet available?
Bath Planet has locations in 44 states. You can use the website’s locator to find the Bath Planet dealer closest to you.
Does Bath Planet do shower stalls?
Bath Planet installs shower stalls. Customers can purchase shower bases, wall liners or surrounds and shower doors.
What is the average cost of a Bath Planet conversion from tub to shower?
The cost of converting a tub to a shower varies based on certain factors, including your door choice, shelving, lighting and ceiling. The average cost ranges from $1,200 to $3,600.

Is Bath Planet worth it?

Bath Planet is absolutely worth considering for your bathroom remodels or renovations. The company has consistently high reviews from customers and overall low costs, although you won’t know your pricing until you request a quote. Overall, Bath Planet has a great reputation and a wide variety of services. It’s definitely worth the time it takes to call and get a free quote for your renovation options.

Bath Planet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Original review: July 27, 2022

I went to the home show and after talking to the guys who were there, I felt a little comfortable with them. They explained what would happen and what would they do for me. I got a bathtub and a shower. The installation team cleaned up after themselves and the only problem that I may have now is the size tub that I have is not the size tub that I got back. By the time the reps put the tub in, there was nothing I could do.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for taking the time to review us Delores. If you are concerned about your tub we recommend reaching out to your project manager to see if they can take a look into it. We are sure they would be more than happy to help out or clarify anything for you.

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2022

We needed an affordable solution for replacing our old, well-water-stained, broken, jet tub that was in the house when we purchased it, and the tile surrounding it which was beginning to lose grout, have mold issues, and in general was just not an attractive color/style. We got quotes from a few similar bath/shower remodel companies and Bath Planet was the most affordable with the most style/design choice options for the price.

Overall we are pleased that the finished product is far better, sleeker, and easier to clean than what we had in place before. However, my recommendation of their company comes with some caveats. Here were the downsides to the experience - The salesman was seemingly not thoroughly trained (and thus inadvertently misleading) about details of the company's story and affiliations (Bath Planet vs. Joyce Co. Manufacturing vs. BCI Engineering products etc.) - as well as the details of the extent of their warranty - (The warranty actually only guarantees the BCI acrylic products, there's no mention of coverage for plumbing fixtures or the actual install labor/job performed. I had to write to the branch manager directly to get them to say something in email writing in response as to some sort of guarantee of the parts and labor!)

The install went fairly smoothly, but there were some small mishaps. We ordered metal corner shelves that double as grab bars, the shelves that got sent were incorrect and the corrected item had to then be ordered. The installer struggled getting them installed with the screws being flush. The screws are now in at an angle and the gap around them sealed with a waterproof sealant/caulk. We can only hope that is effective enough to hold up and not make the screw holes become a wicking point for water to seep behind the walls in the future! It also consequently looks a bit unsightly and less professional than the rest of the job.

We also had issue that the hot and cold water taps were reversed on the faucet control, and the tub's overflow drain was sealed, not letting excess water drain, so when stepping into the tub the water level rose enough to slosh over the side of the tub. We reported this and thankfully they were quick/easy fixes - the cartridge on the faucet control knob had to be pulled out and turned around and reinserted to get the hot and cold to correspond with correct sides of the dial. The tub overflow drain was sealed with temporary plug for shipping/transport and the installer had merely forgotten to remove it at the end of the install job.

Lastly, the lead foreman overseeing all projects took the attitude of being defensive when these issues got reported. Trying to argue that the grab bar shelves didn't exist and that our hot/cold taps must have been backwards from the start even with our old shower (which it was not) - this sort of kneejerk first response was less than professional.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for taking the time to bring any and all issues to our attention. We always want the best material to come with the best installation and service. We will use your information to improve our knowledge so that we only get better in the future. We are happy to hear that our team was responsive in coming back out to fix some of those problems for you.

Thank you for choosing us, reviewing us, and letting us see the new bath/shower we installed for you.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Our new bathroom is great. Bath Planet was the best. They’re the ones that helped me figure out exactly what I wanted. They showed me exactly what I needed. They were very helpful and very knowledgeable. They did exactly what I asked. They put in everything I requested. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for leaving us a five star review! We are very happy to hear that you could not ask for anything better. That is what we always aim for, we aren't happy unless everyone in the house is. We hope you love your new bathroom for years to come.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The sales rep from Bath Planet was very nice. The reps came and measured, and we talked about finishes, designs and colors. They wanted to make sure that the flooring and the walls matched compatibly and that the tub was what I wanted. They were very careful to make sure that I got what I wanted in that bathroom instead of suggesting. They opted me to tell them what I envisioned and it came out well. We're very pleased with it. The quality is very good. I didn't quite get the countertops I wanted but when it was over, I realized that it was my fault, not theirs. I had not been clear about that.

The service was very good too. They came when they were supposed to come. They got done what they were supposed to get done. They didn't have a part one day, and the guy went out in his own car and hunted it down until he found it and brought it back, and they got that part done. It went very smoothly and I was pleased with the whole process. It was a good experience. You always have a little glitch here or there and some part didn't show up or it was the wrong sizing. But in the whole, it went well.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that our team did their very best for you. Nothing makes us more satisfied than knowing we were able to allow you to design your own perfect bathroom. We hope you love your new tub for years to come!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I requested for a quote to upgrade my bathrooms and break some walls to open the space and add a closet. They showed up on time, very professional and considerate. Gave me the quote in couple weeks. The project was on-time, on-budget, meticulous and came out beautifully. I can't say enough good things about working with Bath Planet team. I will definitely be using them again for my next project without hesitation.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for the five star rating with Bath Planet of North Georgia! Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you love your new bathroom. We can't wait to deliver that same service for your next project whenever you are ready.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The wrong shower head was installed in the shower. I have called to have it fixed for about eight weeks. All I get is being told someone will call me back. Have waited for days and no one calls. Need to get this fixed so the V.A. will help with the cost. Good sales pitch and installation group, but if you have a problem you are just out of luck.

Bath Planet response

We understand you have been waiting on a response from one of our affiliated dealers. We will be reaching out to them on your behalf to try to resolve this communication delay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I wasn't going to go with Bath Planet at first because Joe, the sales rep, was bouncing all around the place. He had an attitude. But the owner came down and talked to me, and then I spoke with the financial person, JP. All of them seemed to be transparent. I was also really impressed with the guys that came out to do the installation. The floor is vinyl, the shower, the tub. It's nice, but it's not the best. The door leading to the bathroom is also not straight. The contractor came out and we talked about how we could fix it. Hopefully, I'll be hearing back from them because I haven't authorized the funds for the bathroom until we're satisfied.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Everything you have said is important for our understanding of how we could improve. If you do not hear back about that door, reach back out to us here or call us at 847-496-1772 and we will reach out to our affiliated dealer on your behalf.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

We were 18 days without a bathroom. There are four of us in the house. It's hot and we couldn't take a bath. I thought they were gonna change the whole bathroom but I found that they didn't even change the back of the door. I had to buy zinc and bath salt because they didn't put those things.

Bath Planet response

Hello Shirley, we understand you were not pleased with the experience you had with one of our affiliated dealers. We will look into the contract you had with them to see if everything promised was completed.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I'm receiving calls daily from a Illinois number and don't live in Illinois. I'm on the do not call list but I'm still receiving calls daily. They have been reported numerous times to complaint department of do not call list government websites. I think this company takes advantage of seniors that don't know better as pricing given to my father at one time, just the bathtub alone cost over $10,000. If you were to price a bathtub at any hardware company they are about only $500. Making $9,500 profit over the original profit of the regular tub.

Original review: June 1, 2022

We bought two shower installations from Bath Planet. The quality of work was decent. We got them installed and we weren't super satisfied with them. We felt like they looked a little bit cheap. So, we kind of regretted going with the cheaper option. We wish that we had gone with regular tile instead of the bath inlay. What we didn't like was the limitations of materials that we could choose. Ultimately, we ended up having to have our installers come back several times to fix issues that we found with the shower installation. So, the installation process was a bit frustrating. I wouldn't recommend Bath Planet. It wasn't the quality of the material. It has nothing to do with the process or the people we've worked with. We just didn’t choose correctly for our house, unfortunately.

Bath Planet response

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our product, but we are very thankful for your honest opinion on our material. We always want our customers to have the bathroom of their dreams. We hope your new showers at least serve you well. Again, we want to thank you for your honesty.

Bath Planet Company Information