Call toll free
4.43/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Planet was founded with the sole purpose of offering homeowners the best in quality products in addition to providing top-notch customer service.

With low-cost remodeling prices, Bath Planet has been able to serve thousands of customers in creating the bathroom and shower of their dreams. Bath Planet offers a wide array of quality products in order to help the customer select the one that best fits their needs.

Our acrylic products have been stringently tested and evaluated and have earned us the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal. The Seal is among the most trusted and widely-recognized consumer symbols in North America. Bath Planet is extremely proud of this accolade, and we are thrilled that the experts at Good Housekeeping believe in our products as much as we do. They even back up their claim with a two-year limited warranty, meaning the Institute will replace or refund the price paid for any Bath Planet acrylic product that proves to be defective. See the Good Housekeeping website for complete warranty details.

Our team of trained experts are ready to provide the best and quickest bath renovation solutions. Contact us today and find out what we can do for you!

Bath Planet Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

465 Bath Planet Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

I couldn't lift my leg over the tub to get into the shower. I also have a tendency to break my foot and have broken it eight times in two years. It's easier not to have to climb over the tub. A shower works better. I had Bath Planet install my shower and it works just fine. The step up is only four inches while the tub is 12 inches. However, I thought its price was unbelievably high. I should have made the time to go out and get other bids.

The installers were absolutely wonderful. I like them very much. The salesman came in with a pencil and paper to see if the installers did a good job which they did. The installation took four days. A guy said that whoever did the plumbing before them did it wrong and he re-plumbed my bathroom. There were a couple of things I wanted to change though. Even though I'm 5’6”, the height of the shelf and the shower are too high. I'd also like the handrail I had put in there just a little higher.

I told the salesman and he said they'd come back out and fix it. However, I haven't seen him since. He also told me that the product had the Good Housekeeping seal of approval. I said that that is a real selling point for them, but they need to put it on showers. He said he was gonna bring me one but I haven't seen it. He could have stuck that in the mail and sent it. Furthermore, I have a question about my bill but I can't seem to get anybody to talk to me about it. I thought that since the salesman was the one who sold it to me and made my terms, then I should talk to him. However, once the salesman is finished with a customer there is no way to contact him ever again.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to give your local Bath Planet dealer a 4 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with the installation crew. We will reach out to your dealer and ask them to contact you regarding the shelves and hand rail.

Bath Planet Corporate

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We had a bad experience with Bath Fitter. I don’t like their materials over Bath Planet's and although what they did for us was fine, they completely messed over my daughter’s house and really gave them a bad time. So I wouldn’t exactly give another job. I needed a second shower done and when we saw Bath Planet, we decided to try them. And we were very happy with what happened. The saleslady was very pleasant. When she started bringing all her stuff out, I was totally amazed. She brought one thing out but then she said that wasn't all and that she would have more on the next schedule that she is out. On the next schedule, she brought so many. With Bath Fitter, I really didn’t have as many different products.

I got a large shower and it's like 40 inches wide and almost 8 feet long. I got a rain shower and a hand shower. Then I asked for a valve where I can use both. They normally didn’t have it so they went out, bought it and made sure I had one. I also got the bench and one shelf, which I wanted. The guy rebuilt my old shower and added another on the wall. First, he did some plumbing and had a good 90% of the work done the first day. On the second day, he came out and did all the crafts work as far as cleaning up everything, caulking and adjusting. So the installation took about a day and a half, which was fine with us.

Material-wise, it’s great and their workmanship has been excellent. I couldn’t have asked for a better shower. My wife doesn’t like it. It is too big and she said it’s too cold in it but I love it. So she got her own bath and I got my own. It’s been a good experience, far better than I’m having right now with other contractors in remodeling. Overall, Bath Planet has been terrific and we highly recommended them to quite a few people.

Hi William,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Eastern Washington a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear you think Bath Planet is terrific. We thank you in advance for any future referrals you send us.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I have the Neighborhood app on my tablet and there was a recommendation for Bath Planet on it. I also read about them specializing in handicap. The people we worked with were amazing. From the time that we went to the business itself, the salesperson was awesome and very sensitive to my husband's needs. He sat my husband down in a chair and talked to us about everything. We also looked at displays. Although he had an appointment with someone that day, he set the appointment back just to come to our home as soon as we left there because he saw that we needed the walk-in shower to be put in as soon as possible. He was with us 100% plus.

The two installers who came were also awesome. They ordered everything and stayed in touch with us. They told us when they were coming and came the day they said they would. On the first day, we discovered that there was a leak under the unit itself and they couldn't go any further. I called the plumber who came in the next day and fixed it. The installers came back about midday the next day and started on it as soon as they could. It was a job more than they expected, but they stayed on it and worked 12 hours to finish it. They had a lot of drilling to do because the home is cinder block brick and not wood.

The bathroom is very small but the walk-in shower made it bigger. It has made things so much easier for us. My husband can get in and sit down. There's still room so I can get in and I can wash him really well. He's even tried to do it himself a little bit, which is good. Having the handheld has also made it a whole lot easy for us. The walk-in shower is excellent and my husband loves it.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Baton Rouge such a great 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you and your husband are happy with your new walk-in shower. Thank you in advance for any referrals you send us in the future.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My husband went to one of the home shows and we got some information there about Bath Planet. We had them come out and measure and they gave us some estimate and what we could do. I really liked the bathroom of the house we bought, but we took out the beautiful bathtub because it was hard for me to get in and out of that tub. It was one of those high bathtubs that you can sit and soak in. But then, we decided to put in a walk-in shower. Bath Planet moved the plumbing and they did everything that they needed to do. We did the doors and the plumbing, and it was a brand new bathroom. Bath Planet was great.

The salesperson was wonderful and very friendly. She listened to my concerns and she was great. The installer was also wonderful and I couldn't ask for anything better. He was on time and he did what he had to do. He asked a few questions, which was great. Bath Planet is known for the one-day remodeling and that's what we did. However, things came up and the installation took two days. But the installer was in one day and got everything going. He then came in the next day, but he wasn't even here for three hours. He finished it up and he was done. The timeframe was great.

I would suggest using Bath Planet versus Bath Fitters any day. Bath Planet is so much more on target with what they say they are gonna do versus the other experience that we had that was a freaking nightmare. Bath Planet was conscientious, although it took them a little longer to get the materials than what I had anticipated. We ordered and we paid the deposit, but it took two and a half months to get the stuff back and to get it done. Other than that, everything was wonderful. They were that great and I was amazed. They were friendly, professional, and courteous. They listened to me and they didn't try to overtalk me. I could not be more pleased.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Eastern Washington such an amazing 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new bathroom. Thank you in advance for any future referrals you send us.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I liked Bath Planet's material and I love my shower but I’m wondering why mine was so expensive. My bathroom was not that big. The sales rep was kinda in a hurry. When he came out, he's like “Okay. How much can you pay?” Right then, I didn’t have a chance to think about it and he told me if he had to come back out, he had to charge me a fee. When the installers finished, it looked funny, and I said, “Oh, they didn’t put up my shelf.” The rep called me and I asked, “Didn’t I order some shelves?” But on the paper, it didn’t show. The rep told me he didn’t write it down. I had to pay about $8,300 and the rep said he’ll send his worker back out and I had to pay an extra $200 for the shelf to go inside the shower. He also said that he had to order the material for the shelf. $200 just to put a shelf and my son said, “I could do that.” But then, I didn’t want my son to do it.

Most people, when you pay for something more, they’ll say “Okay. I’ll throw this in. You can have this free.” I know the shelf that goes inside the shower don’t cost that much. But the rep didn’t throw anything in. Everybody told me that they thought the cost was a little too high. The rep said I had picked out some expensive material. My neighbor and I got the same material from the same people. That’s why I called Bath Planet because I liked the way her shower looked. But she told me she paid $6,000 for hers. Other than that, the two installers were really nice. They put my floor in and they asked me if I liked the floor, which I did and I liked everything. I will recommend Bath Planet to a friend.

Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Detroit a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you would recommend Bath Planet. As far as the pricing, all of our dealers are independently owned and operated, so you would need to direct any pricing questions to Bath Planet of Detroit.

Bath Planet Corporate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had Bath Planet take the tub out and put a new shower in from ceiling to floor. The sale rep was awesome and very professional. The installation team was in and out. And they did everything as best as they could. They had a small area to work in and they made it look really nice. Plus, they cleaned up and took stuff away. I have a tiny old house and there’s a window in the middle of the shower. Instead of just having a solid wall across the backside of the shower, they had to go in and frame around the window with the materials and make it look really good and cool. I can open the windows and still look outside. I love the job they did.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new shower. Thank you in advance for any future referrals you send our dealer.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: May 25, 2019

We wanted a walk-in shower and Bath Planet's crew did a good job. Everything was nice and clean. If anybody asked me who to go to, I would recommend Bath Planet to do it. If I needed another one done, I would definitely use them again as well. The sales rep did an awesome job too. He answered all of our questions.

Hi Nick,

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: May 23, 2019

I researched three different places and interviewed them. And as far as my needs were concerned, Bath Planet was the one that came in best for me. I found them on Angie’s List and I made my purchase right at the end of January. I got the waterproof system that they have for their wet area and they did all the measurements right there. I did two bathrooms and they both look very good. I’m also glad I got both of the upgrades.

I have one disappointing thing but it seemed that this falls more on me not knowing bathrooms. I wanted to extend the back bathroom but the salesperson seemed to discourage me for a false reason of doing it. Also, he was the sales guy and not the construction person. So, that was the only bad thing. As far as how the system looks, it’s still beautiful. If I do wanna extend, I know I can now but I’m not gonna really spend the money on that. Other than that, on the day of construction, the guys who came out were clean and they asked questions when they needed to ask me. I had some dry rot and they were upfront about the cost of fixing that as well as on exactly how many hours it would take. Then, they showed me receipts for everything that they had to purchase so that it was a flat amount of how much I owed on the part that they weren’t prepared to do.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you think your new bathroom is beautiful.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 26, 2019

I needed help to remodel one of my bathrooms. Bath Planet was the first to offer so I went with them. The Bath Planet representative was very friendly and professional. He knew what he was doing. Everything the rep said came about and he was able to get me credit in the whole thing. I looked at the catalog they offered and I picked the product that I wanted. Bath Planet ordered the material and had it installed in a couple of days. I bought a tub from them and they re-did the entire tub and the wall surrounding it. The installers did a great job. They finished the majority of the job in one day and they came back the next day and finished it. They cleaned up after themselves too. I'd recommend Bath Planet very strongly.

Hi Renato,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of San Antonio a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new bathroom. Thank you in advance for any future referrals you send our dealer.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 25, 2019

I bought a shower a couple of months ago from Bath Planet and they did whatever I wanted. I had two pole bars added and the final product is fine. It took two days to install and they did good. I like that the new bathroom works.

Hi Rickey,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you're happy with your new bathroom.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was having another vendor give me an estimate, and someone knocked at my door and handed me a flier that had Bath Planet on it. The sales rep was pleasant. The personality and the seem-to-care attitude were more important to me and I decided to go with them. In the master bedroom, there was only a shower. We had that turned into a bath and shower. In our other restroom, there was a bath and shower, and we went to just a shower. They just finished our second bathroom last week. It took them a total of ten days to finish the installation. The final product is okay and I’m glad we did what we did to each bathroom. The installers were great and they were hard workers. They were very accommodating, personable and seemed to like to work.. They were willing to interact on their own with us, and we interacted with them.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you're happy with both of your bathrooms.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 20, 2019

We had some work done on our bathroom and the guy who came over here and fixed recommended Bath Planet. We got a bathroom rebuilt with a new shower using Bath Planet and their representatives were very professional. They helped me select something that made sense and they were right on top with everything. However, the first guy who came out here and who was supposed to be in charge of the project didn’t make the right measurement. Because of that, we couldn’t get the right bath thing out and the stalling caused us too much time. Also, his men were sloppy and they destroyed a part of the flooring.

When they finally got started on the one that I've got in bathroom now, the guy stayed on it until it was done. He was very professional and he did a good job. Bath Planet also caught wind of the destroyed flooring and they were right on top of it. They came over, saw what happened, gave me some ideas, and they're going to replace the flooring. Right now, we got a better deal for what we got.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Eastern Washington a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and will ask our local dealer to contact you about the issue with your flooring.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 15, 2019

We wanted the handicap shower and with Bath Planet, I liked the ramp part of going into it. We knew what we were looking for and their rep just told us what they offered. She was good and I like the work that was done in the shower. The quality was good and the installer cleaned up after himself. We're happy with the shower right now. I'd recommend Bath Planet.

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you're happy with your new shower. Thank you in advance for any future referrals you send to our dealer.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 14, 2019

The reps at Bath Planet were great. I knew what I was looking for but they were helpful in giving different options. We had the new shower put in a few weeks ago and the installation was excellent. The team did a great job and finished in two days.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new shower and the installation was excellent.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 12, 2019

We saw Bath Planet at a home product show, and my husband signed up for them to come take a look and give an estimate. The sales rep was very nice and made us feel very comfortable. We mostly knew what we wanted but he showed us the materials that he had. We got a bathtub and the surrounding walls in February. Everything turned out good. The installers did it in the time that they said that they would be done and the quality of work was very good. There was one little screw that was missing but as soon as we called and told them about it, they came and repaired it.

Hi Irene,

Thank you for talking the time to give Bath Planet a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new bathtub.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 3, 2019

I received a call one day from a young lady and told me what they did, and wanted to know if I would be interested. I said I would be interested in having my bathtub converted into a walk-in shower. I wasn’t interested in the walk-in tub. Then Frank came out and called on me and took me through the whole procedure. And after he talked to his boss, then we agreed on a price, and kinda went from there. Frank didn’t leave anything unnoticed and he gave the best deal he possibly could. Everything from him right on through the two young men that put it in was first class all the way.

The two young men that came out and did the work were absolutely fantastic. They were very courteous. They did their work and they worked continually. Whenever they came, I told them they tell me what they were gonna do and I would get out of their way and let them do it. And I did, I didn’t bother them. I was kept apprised of everything that was going on. It took them two days to do it and everything about the walk-in shower is absolutely awesome. I’m 86 years old, and I had both of my hips replaced last year. With this walk-in shower from Bath Planet, I have the handles on the side and the back and with the big showerhead and everything, and then the rough floor, which is non-slip, I can’t slip on it. It’s really nice.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Houston a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new bathroom.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 30, 2019

I found Bath Planet a couple of years ago when I was looking for someone to do a fast, inexpensive full bathroom remodel before selling my home. They did a shower enclosure and doors. They also put in new toilets as well as flooring. Then, we had them come back again to the new house. Their rep, Craig, was amazing. I worked with him on the two projects and he was super responsive. He got back to me very quickly and professionally. There were a few snarls with scheduling the second crew but we got it all worked out. I’m still super happy with the finished product and intend to use them at least once more to finish up the new house. There are still a couple more bathroom touches to be done and once I get my tax return and bonus this year, I’m gonna come back for a third round. I recommend Bath Planet to everyone.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you're happy with your new bathroom. We will pass on your feedback to your local dealer.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 29, 2019

The sales rep did a very good job. I first heard about Bath Planet at a home show, and I got fixated right off of it. I like the design and how they do it, and I purchased a shower from them. We were able to work things out very well, and everything went as planned. The installation went very well too. They were very professional. I’ve shown people pictures of the job, and I told them how good Bath Planet is and how people can get ahold of them.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you're happy with your new shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 27, 2019

After looking at the sample and agreeing to have the work done, which looked nice, but after installing I found out the shower was opposite of the sample. After talking to the dealer, they refused to correct it...said I should have asked for new plumbing work. So now I paying for a project, I'm not happy with.

Hi Barney,

Thank you for writing Bath Planet Corporate to let us know about your installation concerns. Our dealers pride themselves on providing the best products and customer service in the bath remodeling industry. Our goal is to resolve the issue so you are 100% satisfied. Please call our Corporate Office and ask for Angela in Customer Care for further assistance.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 21, 2019

We had Bath Planet replace a fiberglass shower enclosure with their system and I'm really happy with it. Their reps came to my home twice and we discussed what we needed. They gave me an estimate then I told them I would think about it. I asked for some local reviews, which they subsequently provided. Then based on their price and reviews, I decided that I would go with them, so they came back to my house and wrote up a formal proposal. After that, they got the installation done in less than one day.

The only thing is that there were some loose ends from the second discussion where we actually got the quote. And I needed to follow them up on my own. It was unclear whether Bath Planet was gonna be providing the additional material, or it was up to me to purchase it. I subsequently purchased it, and then the installers made that installation for me. A minor issue though is that they reversed the feeds for the hot and cold, so that the sensor on the shower is back to front. When you move it towards hot, it goes cold and when you move it towards cold, it goes hot. Still, I'm really happy with the product. It meets all my needs. I also get glowing responses from friends and neighbors who have seen it. It was a great change to our master bath.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet of Portland a review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you're happy with your new bathroom. We strive for 5 stars, so if there is any reason you gave our local dealer only 4, please let us know.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 20, 2019

We had a tub and shower installed through Bath Planet, and we're very satisfied with the work that they have done. We like the looks of the product and the presentation that was put on there, as well as The Good Housekeeping seal. We were able to pick out everything that we wanted and also had the grab bars. Their reps answered all of our questions really well, too. The installation was a whole day thing and we were also very pleased with the experience.

Hi Loris,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear you are very satisfied with your new bathroom.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I met a representative from Bath Planet at a home show in Pontiac, Michigan 8 days ago and scheduled an appointment for today. No one showed up. When I called to find out what was going on, the rep told me that they couldn't confirm the appointment with me and left me a voicemail informing me that the appointment was cancelled. I received no such voicemail. I cleared my schedule, returned home and waited for almost an hour. That's when I called Bath Planet to ask if anyone was coming and found out that they had cancelled the appointment. They could have texted me the cancellation notice. Beware of these folks.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Bath Planet Corporate. We are sorry to hear about your experience with Bath Planet and we reached out to your local dealer to find out what happened. They let us know that they left a message for you the day prior regarding your appointment and that they have to hear back from a customer to make sure that day and time will still work for you, in order to send the Design Consultant out. In your review you stated you didn't receive a voicemail, so we apologize on behalf of our dealer for you clearing your schedule and them not showing up. We realize that this cost us a chance to earn your business and will work to correct it on our side.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We've seen Bath Planet at a home and garden show, and started a project with them last fall. I had a shower done through them. They had a little difficulty during the installation because my house is built on concrete, but other than that, it was fine. It took them a couple of hours but that wasn't very long at all. It was a great experience overall and everything works well.

Hi Debra,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you had a great experience with our local dealer.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 17, 2019

We had Bath Planet do our bathroom shower just before Christmas and they did a really good job. Our overall experience with them was positive. We looked them up online, they showed us the product, we liked it, and we got it. The representatives we dealt with were very respectful, nice and they made sure that everything was covered. The installation was then done in a day and we were completely satisfied with the work that was done.

Hi Denise,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear you are happy with your new bathroom.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 15, 2019

I would recommend getting an in-town contractor, I've had real difficulties getting this contractor to come do their final inspection. I have some issues (curtain rod is set too high and water gets all over floor and I can't get the shower head to work correctly) and I planned to discuss these problems during the final inspection. I've called at least 7 times and no one ever gets back with me. The gentlemen that came and installed the unit got here late (they got lost) and didn't finish until 10 pm. Then I was too tired to really try things out. The gentlemen were professional and polite, but a guarantee isn't very useful if I can't get any response.

I checked with HomeAdvisor (unfortunately after I already signed up) and I paid way more than the "high end" listed. The walk-in shower looks nice. The final payment was charged immediately the day after it was completed. I signed up 12/28/18 and the unit was installed 1/18/19. Today is 3/15/19 and I'm still waiting for the final inspection, which is part of their procedure as explained to me when I signed up.

Hi Elaine,

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 8, 2019

We were at a home and garden show at the fairgrounds in Salem and just stumbled across Bath Planet. My wife liked the way the shower was designed. It was what we were looking for without per se, looking for something. We’ve been talking about remodeling but nothing definite. The salesperson who was there was very friendly, cordial, wasn’t pushy and answered questions. It was a good experience on that initial meeting and it was very professional. We told the guy who did the in-home initial that we didn’t wanna waste a lot of time and to tell us the nuts and bolts. He was very good that way. He gave us the information and everything he told us happened, which was another big plus.

We bought the shower and all the faucets and stuff that went along with it within the last six months. The installation team was fantastic and courteous. They came in and got the job done. They didn’t seem to be bothered when I poked my head in to see how things were progressing. They were clean and I had no complaints at all. They were outstanding. We’re very happy with the shower and all the products. Everything is still standing and not leaking. It was all very well done.

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you and your wife are happy with your new shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 7, 2019

Our grandparents had their bathtub taken out and a shower put in so nobody had to lift their leg together into the bathtub to take a shower, and they loved it. They gave us the Bath Planet business card and we used them when we signed the contract to have this bath done. It took a little longer to get it installed to the time we put our deposit down. We thought we'd have it in before Thanksgiving and it wasn’t until December 10th that we got it in. It's a vast improvement and a larger footprint than the standup shower area is. Since there are still just two doors, the door openings are wider than our old one. And by using the PEX piping and the valving they hooked up, it probably cut the time in half from when we turn the shower on until we have hot water because of the larger volumes of flow.

The only issue was that since my wife was stuck on the upper level of the house and inconvenient for her to come down and tell us where she wanted one of the corner shelves, the foreman and I made a bad decision of putting three on one side and one up, so she wouldn’t bump her head on it on the other side. We should have never done that. We're waiting on getting another shelf in the corner so when my wife is sitting on the bench, she doesn’t have to stand back up to reach the shelf above.

The other thing is the benchtop. If I put my foot on there then bend over and run a washrag up and down my legs, it squeaks to beat the band. When my wife sits, it also squeaks a lot. There's a metal brace that holds up the laminate to the bench and this might be a fit problem between the two that causes the squeak. Also, Bath Planet was supposed to forward a $100 back to our grandparents and they never did. But my grandparents were really pleased. We paid too much money for the job and it was a much improvement of our old one. It was a good experience and I'd recommend Bath Planet.

Hi Pete,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that your grandparents are happy with their new bathroom.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: March 6, 2019

I looked at people that did bathtub to shower conversion and the people from Bath Planet were the only ones who could come out and give me a quote in the time that I needed it done. Their reps were great. I made the purchase November of last year and they did a custom walk-in shower for me. I live in a tiny house and the bathtub is six feet long. The space was separated in two so that I could have a stand-up washer dryer in one half of the space and then shower on the other half. The project took two days. The people from Bath Planet put the shower in and left the place clean. The place is great. They left it in better shape than when they walked in. The shower is beautiful and very solid. I’m very happy with my experience with Bath Planet.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Been reaching out to Bath Planet to fix the DOOR LATCH as it does not STAY SHUT & already had 3 FLOODS in my bathroom & they always tell me we are the ONLY ones who has this problem, but after doing research, I find other customers had the same problem! So I reached out to them to fix the problem & they always give me "You are the only ones with this problem". Excuse, I'm getting tired of calling & emailing them to fix this problem, I'm ready to ask them to take this walk-in tub & get my money back! Hopefully they will fix this problem so I can NOT worry of ANY FLOODING as it's already destroyed my rugs & baseboards! Now we are afraid of using the walk-in tub! So it seems that we have wasted $14,900 for nothing!!!

Hi Tony,

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My shower looks worse than a cheap motel room. The shower pan is butchered and does not even touch the ground, one wall is nice and solid, the other is soft. They cut through my closet to fix a water leak, never painted it. The trim looks like crap as they didn't even use the neat end of it. There is even trim on the outside of the glass filled with caulking. There is a middle piece that doesn't even touch both sides and is filled with caulking, so much for seamless anything. Ever hear of false advertisement? The outside nice rounded edges were butchered and then had to put a straight piece to cover up the damage caused by the installer, Jacob and his girlfriend, which doesn't even sit nice on the pan, it hangs over the shower pan, the top of one side has a huge gap that it was filled in with caulking and looks like crap. the glass on the end side is defective.

When the shower is on, you can see line cuts about every 12 inches from top to bottom in the glass. My shelves have never been installed, yet you have the nerve to ask for the balance?!?! Who treats people this way? It took 6 days to do 2 walls, by a kid, Jacob, that most likely had no experience and isn't even licensed to do plumbing. I complained and his boss Kenny, came out and told me how great everything looked, so he wouldn't have to make things right. Why am I being forced to accept a crappy installation? I want the owner of this company to call me and come out to see why I am so upset with the work done. I'm sure this review will not be posted on the website. God forbid anyone gets to see the truth. This was not cheap and I should not have to settle for an eyesore. I want this fixed, even if it means ripping out the whole thing and starting over.

Hi Dawn,

Bath Planet expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Planet specializes in bathroom conversions and remodels. Start with an in-home design consultation to finalize the details of your project. Professional installation of bathtubs, showers and walk-in bathtubs, takes as little as one day.

• Design Studio page: Homeowners can get an idea of how they want to remodel their bathrooms and get a digital demo through Bath Planet’s Design Studio page. Choose the style and fixtures that match your bathrooms to see what a remodel will look like without going to the store.

• Free in-home consultation and one-day remodel: Bath Planet’s team of remodelers evaluate your bathroom through careful measurements with a free in-home bathroom remodeling consultation. Frontloading this process allows many projects to be completed in one day.

• Specials: Bath Planet has several listed specials that can help consumers to save money on Bath Planet’s services. Specials are subject to change.

• Walk-in Tubs: Bath Planet installs and fits walk-in bathtubs. Bath Planet sells a variety of soaking and therapy tubs in several different patterns and colors. They can install it in as little as a day.

• Financing: You can finance your remodel up to 60 months to keep your monthly payments low. Bath Planet offers both senior and military discounts. Financing is only available after credit approval and minimum purchases are met.

• Best for: people who want a bathroom remodel or walk-in tub and need help with ideas.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Planet Company Information