Call toll free
(844) 792-2052
4.30/5
Based on 224 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bath Planet was founded with the sole purpose of offering homeowners the best in quality products in addition to providing top-notch customer service.

With low-cost remodeling prices, Bath Planet has been able to serve thousands of customers in creating the bathroom and shower of their dreams. Bath Planet offers a wide array of quality products in order to help the customer select the one that best fits their needs.

Our acrylic products have been stringently tested and evaluated and have earned us the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal. The Seal is among the most trusted and widely-recognized consumer symbols in North America. Bath Planet is extremely proud of this accolade, and we are thrilled that the experts at Good Housekeeping believe in our products as much as we do. They even back up their claim with a two-year limited warranty, meaning the Institute will replace or refund the price paid for any Bath Planet acrylic product that proves to be defective. See the Good Housekeeping website for complete warranty details.

Our team of trained experts are ready to provide the best and quickest bath renovation solutions. Contact us today and find out what we can do for you!

Bath Planet Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

333 Bath Planet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

We liked the approach of Bath Planet and their explanation and the type of product that they had versus what we were getting done. Their sales rep was very courteous and listened to what we were talking about. He was very cooperative as well when working with the deal. The installation team was a party of one and the gentleman who did it put in a new bath shower fixture in our bathroom for us. He also put in a new base, sliding glass doors and re-upgraded a builder's type unit that was with our house when we bought it. He was very knowledgeable and neat. He made sure everything fit properly and didn't seem perturbed when he gets interrupted. Also, he finished up a little earlier than the time he thought he wood because everything fell together really well. So far, the quality of the work done has been good. Bath Planet's quote was accurate and they did a great job.

Hi William,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Northeast Ohio a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

We purchased a walk-in shower from Bath Planet and everybody there was very nice. There was one installer and he was excellent. He stayed on the job and was busy all the time. I have had double hip replacements so I could hardly get in and out of the bathtub. I couldn’t put my legs up high enough because of my hips. The walk-in shower makes it so much easier. It’s really beautiful and it makes the bathroom look bigger because the bathtub isn’t there. It looks like the wall goes on forever now. I’d call again if I had to.

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet of Northeast Ohio a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new walk-in shower.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 13, 2018

During January of 2017, Bath Planet tore out our old 1-piece tub/shower unit and replaced with a new shower only (no tub). It looked great and worked well EXCEPT for one issue: when moving around in the shower, the floor is SO noisy, creaking and squeaking like an old house. Our previous tub/shower was silent. Several months after the install I did call Bath Planet's customer service manager to explain the situation and I was told that Bath Planet can't be responsible for the noisy floor. My thought is how can they not be responsible? They installed it and their salesman promised this wonderful shower replacement and never said anything like "Oh by the way, the new shower floor may be very noisy unlike your old bath/shower that we are going to remove". I wasn't happy about the customer service manager's response but there didn't seem like much I could do at the time. So I let it go.

Then we recently began a bathroom remodel (the rest of the bathroom beyond the Bath Planet shower) and we had to start showering temporarily in our other bathroom which has an identical tub/shower unit to the one that was removed by Bath Planet. It was so refreshing to be able to shower in silence without the loud floor creaking sounds. And then I became aware of this Consumer Affairs website so I decided to make others aware of the problem we are having with the Bath Planet installation. If the noisy shower floor is a possibility then Bath Planet should make that possibility known up front prior to purchase and state that they won't do anything about it if it occurs. Every time I shower in the Bath Planet shower I am reminded of how annoyed I am with them. And I freely share our negative experience with other folks at every opportunity.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for writing Bath Planet Corporate to let us know about your installation concerns. Our dealers pride themselves on providing the best products and customer service in the bath remodeling industry. Our goal is to resolve the issue so you are 100% satisfied. Please call our Corporate Office at 800-963-8827 and ask for Angela in Customer Care for further assistance.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Bath Planet gave me a better deal, and I had them put a new tub and shower in. The sales representative I dealt with worked really well with me. I couldn't give him a yes or a no answer right at that very day, but he said I could call him the next day and the price would still be okay. The installation went good. The guy who came out seemed good, but he hooked my hot and cold water up backwards. It's not a problem after I realized that I just have to do the opposite of what I normally do, but if somebody else comes in the home, then they're gonna have the same surprise because it's very obvious which way you're supposed to go with it. There's a little snowflake on one side and a little sunshine on the other side, and you have to do the opposite to get your hot and cold water.

And also, I have a spray bottle that's supposed to spray the seams and then let it dry. I did it once, but it was like I need to do it periodically. The bottle doesn't work great and it sort of drips down. I am gonna go through my material again and see but I think it just mentioned spraying it. So, after every shower, I just make sure all the seams are dry. I take a towel and dry the seams all well. Another thing is I was surprised that nobody had contacted me to see if everything went fine after the installation.

Hi Diann,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet a review. We appreciate your business and have let your local dealer know about the water being reversed and the spray. They should reach out to you shortly.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: July 9, 2018

These people have taken $2000.00 from me and continually fail to return it. Two mos ago signed agreement (Shower installation) with Mark. The next morning (in accordance with statement by Mark and Law) I cancelled order. Mark went bat crap crazy sending me all type of looney messages. Despite having immediate cancellation, Mark processed my payment (using See Thru Windows (not even Bath Planet) and I can't get my $2000.00 back even though they haven't done any work. I have talked to Gabe at least 5 times. He apologizes and assures me the problem will be corrected but it has now been two months and I don't have the money. These people are crooks in my opinion. There is no excuse for their continual failure to refund. What is wrong with a company that takes other people's money without doing ANY work. BTW, don't do busy with Mark (bald guy). He is as dirty as they come. I am furious.

Hi Viola,

Thank you for writing Bath Planet Corporate to let us know about your concerns regarding your down payment. Our dealers pride themselves on providing the best products and customer service in the bath remodeling industry. Please call our Corporate Office at 800-963-8827 and ask for Angela in Customer Care for further assistance.

Bath Planet Corporate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Original review: July 8, 2018

Bath Planet is a great company and they have the best price. We went to a home show in Steubenville, Ohio where we first learned about them and then we made a purchase in April for their acrylic wainscoting, a new tub, holders, a new floor and a new exhaust fan in the ceiling. We had a black, ceramic tile in our bathroom and we didn’t want the method of somebody tearing them out and redoing the wall. Bath Planet came up with the idea of putting acrylic right over the top of the ceramic and it worked.

The sales representative was a great, very personable guy and he had all kinds of information for us as well as photos of their products when he came out. Then the installation process went really well. The guy said three days and they were done in three days. One of the installation team members had some death in the family and we thought that it would take longer to do it. They said that one guy they had had cancer and he’s being put in a hospice so they were gonna work around it. But they finished in three days even though they had personal problems of their own. They’re incredible people and we were very well satisfied. I would recommend Bath Planet to anybody.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are so glad to hear that our solution of putting the acrylic walls right over your existing tile worked. Enjoy your new bathroom.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 28, 2018

Bath Planet got some good reviews, so we decided to work with them. We had them convert a bathtub to a walk-in shower. We called them then they set up an appointment. They sent out a sales rep that explained the procedures and process and wrote up the contract. We signed it, and then just about to the exact day that he said it would be ready, they called us and scheduled the installation. And they installed it. They had said it would be a one day, plus maybe a little bit more on a second day, and that was what it was. And it was great. They came in, did it and got it cleaned up. It all went real well. And we were happy with what they did for us. You could get it less expensive, but I don't think by a significant amount.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you like your new walk-in shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 27, 2018

I did an internet search for bathroom renovations and I liked the products of Bath Planet. The testimonies were also a pretty important reason why we went with them. I got a tub and a shower insert from them and I really like it. I'm happy with the quality of the workmanship and the quality of the products. The installers didn't leave a mess too. They were polite and were good communicators. There was a little bit of a misunderstanding about my financing, but the owner came out to my house to get me to sign the papers. So I didn't have to do anything to go out of my way to fix the problem they made. It was a good experience. So far, I'm happy, everything's working. If others have the money, this is a good place to go with. They do good quality work. But it's not gonna be a budget installation.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new tub and shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 24, 2018

We had an excellent experience with Bath Planet as well as with their representatives and installation crew. And we would highly recommend them. We saw them at a home show in Salem and about a week after that, we bought from them a shower stall.

Hi Darlene,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland such a great review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear you had an excellent experience. Thank you in advance for any future referrals you send us.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 23, 2018

I've seen Bath Planet at the builders' show in Eugene and their quality of the workmanship made me purchase a bathroom remodel from them about a month ago. The sales representative was Bobby and he was a very conscientious and good salesman. The installation team was very good and they were one of the best that I've ever hired to do work. I got the shower and tub unit installed and I am very satisfied. My experience with Bath Planet has been the best of the ones I've had.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new bathroom. We will pass along your comments to Bobby and your installation team.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 22, 2018

Everything went fine with Bath Planet. We found them at the home show and seemed like when we signed up, it was seven weeks before they came to do the work. We couldn't understand why it took so much time from the time we signed up till they came and put it in. So, with the other bathroom, they did it right away. It worked out okay in the end. We had them take a bathtub out and had a shower stall put in. But we were a little disappointed with the representative. We wanted to have the shower doors, and he kinda talked us out of it, getting the glass doors. We put up the shower curtain and didn't go with the glass doors. But even though we didn't connect in that one part, we were very happy with everyone at Bath Planet including the salesman. Everybody was very nice and the installation team did great.

Hi Gwen,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 21, 2018

When we had hired Bath Planet our salesman told us it would be a one day installation. The install took three days. After we tried to use it, the drain wasn’t installed properly and it flooded my top floor and ruined my ceiling. The contractor didn’t use a plumbing license. In my town a permit is required for all construction projects along with an inspection. The contractor didn’t obtain a permit or get an inspection by the city. They lied to the city inspector and told them they didn’t take the walls down to the studs but I had pictures of it. They also never installed an access panel until the city inspector got involved. I had to have my carpet ripped up and the tack strips exposed for about ten days while my little children ran around the house.

After six weeks from the time the leak occurred till the time my lighting was put back up, it was finally finished. Fast forward 11 months. Another leak occurs. It’s been 11 days since the leak. They sent someone over from a plumbing company without a plumbers license. I have gone ahead and hired my own plumber. This has been a nightmare. I paid way too much money on a bathtub that was never done right and has continued ruining my house. I’ll have to have my ceiling fixed again along with my tub. Just take note that Bath Planet is a franchise and it depends on the contractor that franchises the name. As I said before, this has been a total nightmare.

Hi Stephen,

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 16, 2018

We have a daughter whose disabled and both of our bathrooms have tubs. I was lifting her in and out of the tub to bathe her. So we just needed something so that she could get in and out independently. The Bath Planet sales rep was very informative and he wanted to make it work for us. He didn’t make us feel like we had to make a decision that day. He was very professional and he knew the equipment. He also knew what their competitors are providing and why Bath Planet products were better.

Bath Planet was reasonably priced compared to the other ones and there was a lifetime warranty. I could also call Bath Planet if I had any problems with anything and they would come and take care of it. The acrylic was easy to clean versus tile, and it would just take a couple days to get it in. They installed the walk-in acrylic shower in two days. Then about a week and a half later when the doors were finished, another man came out and put the doors in.

The workers did a great job. They’re very professional and kept me up to date with what was going on and made sure that I was happy with the decisions that we were making. We had a bench and grab bars installed. We also put in a hand held shower head and a faucet to turn it on right next to the bench. I appreciated that we could do all of that with Bath Planet. They put it all in for her and they even custom built it to fit our space. Our shower area is bigger than a typical tub area. They also did the flooring for us. So we didn’t have to call out different contractors to get different work done.

Hi Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that we were able to get your family exactly what you were looking for.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 14, 2018

I went to the fairgrounds and Bath Planet was having an outdoor or interior decorator expo. I liked how what they had on display looked. And Bobby, the man that did the job, did awesome. He was right on with all the measurements and I didn’t have screw-ups with him. He got me the right stuff that he ordered. He didn’t have to—“Oh, sorry. We’re out of this.” I had two bathrooms and I had an old fiberglass shower on one of them. They took that one out and put me in a nice shower tub, fiberglass, and it got way more room in there.

And then, I had the tub taken out and had it put into a shower in the other bathroom 'cause me and my husband are retired and as we get older we’re gonna need to be able to get a wheelchair accessible in there. They put some nice handles on it and I am able to get a little chair if I need help getting in or out. I also got beautiful glass doors on it. They even laid tarps and blankets down over my carpet so they didn’t make a mess. They were real professional about it. They did the two bathrooms in two days. I would recommend anybody to go with this company. They know what they’re doing. I’ve had some of my friends come and look at them and say, “Wow! What a nice shower!” Now, I want to maybe rip out the sink and the doors and do that.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you're happy with your new bathtub.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 13, 2018

We remodeled our shower and got a new one from Bath Planet. We dealt with Craig from sales and he was good. And the installation went fine.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear your shower installation went as planned.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 7, 2018

Overall very disappointed in this purchase. Install setup took a long time. They have screwed up a piece in our bathroom 2 times and now have told me it will be more than 3 weeks since they can come back to install it. I feel the materials and overall install isn't really as good as the salesperson...

Hi Frank,

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 2, 2018

We were doing online searches trying to find a company that could do a shower installation. We sent an email through Bath Planet’s website and they contacted us in order to set up a quote and walk through what their options were. They sent someone out and we had discussions with them with their catalogs. They looked at the area that we were discussing and we went through some of the options of the things that we were looking for. All the quoting and everything was a single day process.

We had our tub replaced and a walk-in shower put in and the people that we worked with were careful about keeping things clean. They were polite and spoke with us about timing for how long they would be there. We really like what they were able to put in for us. What they showed us as examples and the catalog stuff that they had versus what we got, definitely matched up from my vantage point. They did a good job of making sure that we knew what it was we were getting. We were able to see things before they went in and they communicated well with us about the placement of things before they were permanent.

Whenever there were options, they discussed it with us to make sure we had it where we wanted it before it was too late or before it became a big project to undo something. So I really appreciated that and from our standpoint, it’s a large project with regards to cost and time. They were good about making sure the decisions were ours and not just shoved in by default. I had a really good experience working with them and their price point was about mid-ground for the other people we considered. But for what we got, it was definitely worth it and I would recommend them if somebody I knew was looking to do bathroom work.

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Central Iowa a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and we are glad to hear the entire process was very smooth and only took one day.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: May 30, 2018

I tried another company and a man came out and told me the price. I told him to call me back but he never did. He decided on the spot that I couldn't afford his price. So I went to Bath Planet and I worked with John. And he was one fantastic man. The installers were fantastic as well, and they weren't a kick in the butt.

Hi Audrey,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and we are glad to hear that your installation was fantastic.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: May 27, 2018

When we were out at the home show at the Fairgrounds, we were looking to redo our shower. Bath Fitter and Bath Planet were both there so we talked to both and then set-up an appointment. Bath Planet's sales representatives were very friendly and courteous, and they explained everything very well. But when the installation team first started, they brought all the wall stuff in and laid it against my refrigerator and my stove in the kitchen. I was like, “Okay, I haven’t had breakfast yet.” I asked the workman if they would come and move that so I could use my kitchen, which they very nicely did.

It was also a really cold morning and they left the door open. I shut it but they opened it again. Then I decided that was fine and I would just go downstairs. Despite that, they were timely in getting here and did everything that we asked them to do. They got the job done and they cleaned up. We got the new tub and the shower with the curved curtain rod. Bath Planet did a good job and we're happy with it. I would refer them.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Central Iowa a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: May 6, 2018

I went to the Iowa Home Show at Des Moines where I got to know about Bath Planet. I like the idea that they would come in and check everything out and replace. The sales representative was very good and a real nice guy. He knew everything that was going on. Then the installation team was wonderful to interact with. They took out the old tub and all the bath fixtures and replaced. We also did the walls with the acrylic. My house is real old and it had a regular window. And then they took out that window and replaced it with a much smaller one. However, it's been about three weeks, but it's not quite done yet as there's a little bit of siding that still needs to be done. Other than that, everything was seriously very good and I was somewhat surprised. Although I did a little dusting, they cleaned up everything. It was a very pleasant experience and I'd honestly tell others to get a bid from them.

Hi Jill,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Central Iowa a review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear you are happy with your new bathroom.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: May 3, 2018

3-year horrible experience from start to finish. Keep in mind that BP are owned individually, so if one BP goes out of business the other BP's will be very reluctant to help you. Which is what happened to us. It started with a new shower install with the Kent location which a total nightmare and improper install that we were unaware of. After 3 years we put our house on the market and wanted to get a fresh caulking job, come to find out the Kent location went out of business so another location came out to see what needed to be done. They immediately said what a horrible job the other BP did and this shower would never pass inspection when we list the house.

They agreed to make things right out of "the kindness of their hearts" but that never happened, they put it off and put it off for weeks and months and their lack of communication from was unacceptable. I could write a book about how bad this whole project was and dealing with every single person with the company but I will spare you the ugly details. Bottom line "We DO NOT recommend BATH PLANET" for any project small or big!

Original review: April 29, 2018

We went on a Home Show in Des Moines. We were hunting with Bath Planet's competitors and then we had them come to the house. I got to meet the owner of the company and he seemed very real and sincere. As for the other groups we dealt with, all we dealt with was the salesman. And the pricing was something we're looking at and they came in at a lot better figure than what the other two did.

They tore the bathtub and old ceramic tiles out and put a cellar and clothes and I love it. The installation crew was here when they said they were gonna be here, and they worked and stopped when they said they were gonna be done. They came in on a Wednesday morning and they were on their way out the door Thursday afternoon. I'm tickled to death that we went with Bath Planet. We have some friends and they did the same thing at the same time. They went with one of Bath Planet's competitors and we go to their house, they come to our house, and hands down we got the better deal. They're just great people to work with. I got the best deal for my bucks.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for giving Bath Planet of Central Iowa a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you love your new bathroom. Thank you in advance for any referrals you send us.

Resolution response: May 3, 2018

I recently posted a negative review on Bath Planet. Representatives from BP responded quickly and came to our home to rectify & explain all our concerns. It appears that some of our negative reviews were unjustified given our lack of knowledge of shower installations. This experience with BP's reps coming to our home, their explanations of our shower install, and their deep concern to customer satisfaction has compelled us to have BP do more work for us. With this said, I do recommend BP and apologize for my earlier review.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The installers of our new BP shower were super nice guys. With that said, when I phoned BP to ask a question during installation, one of the owners spoke to me in a pompous & arrogant manner. He talked down & over me the entire time. I was offended when he asked me what I did for a living in a condescending voice and let me know that he was "one of the owners". Two of the shower shelves are not square, off by 1/4" to the faux grout lines on opposite walls.

We also phoned 2 wks. later as to the cheap faucet BP installed and have not heard back from them. In all, we spent $8200 for a shower install that is probably worth a lot less. We are not pleased with the quality of the faucet. Also, the salesperson's version of installation & customer satisfaction was not what we experienced during or after completion. My suggestion to anyone contemplating a new shower install is to shop around. These installs are extremely overpriced for what the customer receives in product & customer service.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting our Corporate Office to let us know there were some problems so we could reach out to the dealer and help them resolve everything. We are so glad to hear that everything got taken care of. Thanks again for your business, we certainly appreciate it.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 23, 2018

The sales person from Bath Planet was very good and knowledgeable. He told us what they would do and when they came out, they did what they promised and it turned out beautiful. They did an excellent job delivering the product. We got a shower wherein they had to take a wall out then put a glass in and they did an awesome job.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear you're happy with your new shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 20, 2018

I purchased the bathroom with the shower at Bath Planet. The floor needed replacement and they installed the shower. They told us the cost and what they were gonna do to replace. The project took 5 days to complete and the installation was good. The quality of the bathtub is just what we wanted. They did a good job and we’re satisfied with what they did.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new bathtub.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 18, 2018

We found Bath Planet at a home show and we liked what we saw. We had a very nice salesperson who explained everything and we liked him. We got the shower tub. The installers were very nice and cleaned up their mess. We were pleased.

Hi Shari,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear your installation went very well.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 16, 2018

They refused to recontact me. They're refusing to complete the job and are claiming that the job was complete even though there are sharp edges around the pony wall that are dangers and the shower head extension was the wrong color. I'm extremely disappointed that they have not contacted me. I've tried several times to phone them. They admitted that the parts that they said were the wrong type and color and even noted that the part that they should have sent was on in the contract that was never sent.

I've contacted the financing company because They paid Bath Planet the whole amount and now they're refusing to return to fix the problems with the shower. I have tried contacting Bath Planet multiple times and I'm now in contact with the finance company because they lied to the finance company and said that they completed the job. I'm hoping that this will help others if they choose Bath Planet because I am extremely disappointed in the work.

Hi Anna,

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 12, 2018

I had an urgent issue that I needed to get resolved in my new home. I did an internet search, and after talking to several companies, I was really drawn in with the longevity of Bath Planet as a company, the lifetime guarantee on it and the workmanship. We did two bathrooms. And we did one towards the end of 2017 and one in January 2018. We didn't have a bathtub so we did the shower, the walls, the ceiling, floor pan and new plumbing. It was a shower replacement. They customized to fit my space and then I could choose from a variety of options from their materials that I selected from.

Bath Planet's sales rep, John, was good. We talked first on the phone and then he came out to the house. He spent an hour and a half to two hours with us going over options and the price, and I think we got a good price. He gave us a proposal with the price on it and I was in a little bit of a hurry. So, we thought about it and then I called him to kind of kick things off. And then it turned out that I needed to meet with him before we could get the thing going because apparently, I had to sign some contracts. So, I was surprised by that.

And then, there was a small deposit required and he said it was X amount of money. So, we met at my office, went through all the paperwork and then I pulled out a credit card. And he said if I used a credit card, he had to charge me another 5% or whatever the number was for processing the credit card. And I told him I was not going to sign that day then because I'd have to get cash and he'd have to come back. He ended up waiving that and allowing me to use the credit card without having to pay the extra. I paid him cash for the completion of the job, but I thought getting started with the process was a little awkward.

The installation was good. The crew came, and they were very polite and diligent. I know how sometimes these jobs go. You start to tear something apart and you find an issue that has to be resolved. I had a prior experience, not with Bath Planet but with another company. One of the things that I had specified upfront with John before I signed the sales agreement was we were going to get into this job and they might find something, but I was not going to pay any additional money unless he and I agreed in writing in advance of the money being kind of committed. I didn't want to find out at the end of the job, "Hey, your bathroom cost $8,000 but they had to do all those things. Now, it's $9,000.'" I said, "No surprises." I had a situation with an attorney that gotten ugly from that.

So, I told John, "I just want to pencil that into the agreement that I'm unassigned that any additional charges have to be agreed to in writing." And he said it was not how they operate and I didn't need to worry about that. He wasn't there on the job. The installers started doing the work and they found a little bit of something. I had some rotten pieces of wood. And the guy said he got to fix it. I told him not to run up the bill without us having an agreement. So, he told me he was going to call John and get everything straightened out.

So, evidently, he called John and he came back and he got everything done, did a little fix in this and that and the other thing. And then the job ran into day two. And then when day two came around and the job was finished, they wanted to charge me $350 for the repair that the guy had to do for the rotted wood. So, I told the installer what happened and he said, "Look, I'm going to just let you and John work this out. I don't want to get in the middle of it." We got a callback from John and so then we had already had agreed on a price to do the second bathroom. So, several months later the guys came to do the second bathroom. And they did that. There was nothing extra and it went straight. The second bathroom was like $4500 and so, I had exactly that amount of cash. So, I didn't have to pay the 5% handling fee on the credit card. And I had a different installer.

When he finished up, he said, "Okay. It's X amount of money." So, it was the cost of the second bathroom plus the 350 bucks again. And I told him I didn't sign an agreement for the $350 and that wasn't negotiated in advance and I was not going to pay it. He then called the owner and the owner and I had a conversation. And I explained it to him and the owner was really nice. And he said, "Okay, I get it. I'll honor that. And we won't charge you for it, etcetera." So, at the end of the day, I didn't have to pay up. They did the right thing by following what they agreed to do in the end.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet a review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you were able to work everything out with the owner of your local dealership. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your new bathrooms and always like to get customer feedback on how we can continue to improve customer service.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased the shower and the glass window from Bath Planet in January. They installed pretty fast and I'm happy with the quality. However, I was disappointed a little bit with the guy that installed the glass window part. But that’s a subcontractor guy. It was good as far as the product. We enjoy it.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a review. We appreciate your business and will pass along your feedback regarding the window subcontractor to our dealer. We are glad to hear you are happy with your new shower.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: April 7, 2018

We had a couple of people come but the rep from Bath Planet's presentation spoke to us a little bit better. It just sounded like the quality of the product might be a little better than the other company. However the guy didn’t replace the old toilet so we suffered from toilet leaks and sink leaks for a couple of weeks afterward. But they’ve come out, replaced the product, and cleared up the leaks. They were responsive about that. Also, they put in the soap dishes at the wrong end. That isn’t the way we decided to have them. And I’m semi-invalid so I couldn’t reach them. Then they said that they would put another set on the other side and we’re still waiting for it after all this time. We’re hoping it’s going to come through because I really like the soap dish since I have to sit on a stool to bathe. Overall their work looks good. We’d recommend them.

Hi Alyce,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that our dealer resolved the issues. We also let them know about reaching back out to you regarding the soap dishes.

Bath Planet expert review by Joseph Truini

Bath Planet specializes in bathroom conversions and remodels. Start with an in-home design consultation to finalize the details of your project. Professional installation of bathtubs, showers and walk-in bathtubs, takes as little as one day.

• Design Studio page: Homeowners can get an idea of how they want to remodel their bathrooms and get a digital demo through Bath Planet’s Design Studio page. Choose the style and fixtures that match your bathrooms to see what a remodel will look like without going to the store.

• Free in-home consultation and one-day remodel: Bath Planet’s team of remodelers evaluate your bathroom through careful measurements with a free in-home bathroom remodeling consultation. Frontloading this process allows many projects to be completed in one day.

• Specials: Bath Planet has several listed specials that can help consumers to save money on Bath Planet’s services. Specials are subject to change.

• Walk-in Tubs: Bath Planet installs and fits walk-in bathtubs. Bath Planet sells a variety of soaking and therapy tubs in several different patterns and colors. They can install it in as little as a day.

• Financing: You can finance your remodel up to 60 months to keep your monthly payments low. Bath Planet offers both senior and military discounts. Financing is only available after credit approval and minimum purchases are met.

• Best for: people who want a bathroom remodel or walk-in tub and need help with ideas.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Bath Planet Company Information