Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.47/5

Bath Planet is a bathroom remodeling company that offers a variety of services for consumers interested in a bathroom upgrade. The company specializes in fast installations and includes a limited lifetime warranty on its products.

Bath Planet Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Bath Planet is a bathroom renovation and remodeling service. Its products come with a lifetime warranty. One-day installation is available.

PROS

• Fast renovation process
  • High customer service ratings
  • Limited lifetime warranty

CONS

• No pricing information online
  • Order to installation can take time

Top Bath Planet Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Bath Planet was efficient… It took two days on the one and two days on the other two. I was amazed how quickly they worked. They did their job. They cleaned up everything. We were really pleased. Also, the sales rep was able to answer all our questions. He knew what he was doing…

I couldn't get in and out of the tub and my husband is pretty feeble. We needed a walk-in tub… I talked to Craig and he was great. Any friend of Craig is a friend of mine. He also wore a mask when he was here. The tub is beautiful… They were here by about 9:00 and done by 3:00…

What is Bath Planet?

Bath Planet offers a variety of bathroom remodeling services, including renovation and replacement options for customers who want a bathroom upgrade. Bath Planet boasts affordable services with quality products. This includes rigorously tested acrylic products.

Products and services that Bath Planet offers its customers include:

• Tub to shower conversion
  • Shower to tub conversion
  • Shower or bath remodeling
  • Shower or bath replacement
  • Bathtub wall liners, step-through inserts and accessories
  • Walk-in tubs
  • One-day remodels
  • Barrier-free showers
  • Shower bases, liners, wall surrounds, doors, rods and accessories

Bath Planet has an array of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, which lets you tailor your bathroom to fit your tastes. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty. Customers can schedule a free consultation with their local Bath Planet dealer.

Bath Planet installation

The process starts with sharing your remodeling goals with a Bath Planet customer service representative before scheduling a free in-home consultation. During this meeting, a design consultant assesses what options match your goals and suit your bathroom.

Once you choose the right options for your bathroom, the design team goes to work. They take detailed measurements and photos and hand your design to the operations team. This team reviews the work and places the order. Once your order arrives, they do a quality check and contact you to schedule installation.

On installation day, your technician will review each step with you. During installation, they take every precaution to keep your home clean and protected. When the work is complete, the technician does another walkthrough with you to make sure you’re satisfied. Depending on the scope of the project, installation can be completed in as little as a day.

How much does Bath Planet cost?

Bath Planet does not list any prices on its website. To get an estimate of project costs, you have to contact a customer service representative for a quote. Prices vary depending on several factors, including the type of project, materials used and labor.

Bath Planet offers up to 60-month financing for customers and provides senior and military discounts. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Bath Planet FAQ

Is Bath Planet expensive?
Bath Planet does not disclose prices on its website. Customer reviews suggest that Bath Planet is affordably priced.
Who owns Bath Planet?
Bath Planet is a part of BCI Acrylic Inc. This company is owned by Scott Rosenbach, who is also the company president.
Where is Bath Planet available?
Bath Planet has locations in 44 states. You can use the website’s locator to find the Bath Planet dealer closest to you.
Does Bath Planet do shower stalls?
Bath Planet installs shower stalls. Customers can purchase shower bases, wall liners or surrounds and shower doors.
What is the average cost of a Bath Planet conversion from tub to shower?
The cost of converting a tub to a shower varies based on certain factors, including your door choice, shelving, lighting and ceiling. The average cost ranges from $1,200 to $3,600.

Is Bath Planet worth it?

Bath Planet is absolutely worth considering for your bathroom remodels or renovations. The company has consistently high reviews from customers and overall low costs, although you won’t know your pricing until you request a quote. Overall, Bath Planet has a great reputation and a wide variety of services. It’s definitely worth the time it takes to call and get a free quote for your renovation options.

Bath Planet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I went with Bath Planet for the price and they replaced my old tub with a walk-in shower. The person who did the sale did very careful measurements. He maintained a professional distance but was very friendly and approachable. Then they sent another person in to confirm the measurements and they ordered it made to fit the space I have. It was perfect. I picked my shelves and decided where things went. It was wonderful. Instead of a two-day installation, they managed to get it done in one day. The two installers were delightful, particularly the lead man. But both of them were great. They were quick and quiet. I work from home and I was in my office. I had no massive noise problems when they were deconstructing the original bathtub and surround. I barely knew they were here all day. They also put up with my dog who thinks everybody comes here to play with her.

I love the final product. It's exactly what I wanted. I had had a walk-in shower earlier in my life and I had enjoyed it then. This one is just as good and just as much fun except this one has safety rails that they put in for me and some things that go more with my age. It's user-friendly. I'm not a bath person and we had a walk-in tub which I essentially hated because I take showers. This gives me glee. I use it because of the roominess of it and the freedom to move around. I like it. I have COPD so I didn't have doors put on it. I have a shower curtain and they hung it up where I wanted them to instead of where they thought they were supposed to, and it works out perfectly. One of the problems with walk-in showers and shower curtains is that it will occasionally bellow out and allow water to hit the floor. But if you hang that shower curtain right, it doesn't happen. They listened to me and did what I asked which was a delight. I really like when they are willing to listen.

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for the 5 star rating with Bath Planet Northeast OH! Happy to hear you are pleased with the new tub to walk in shower conversion. Thank you for your business.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2020

The price from Bath Planet was very good as opposed to others. They also said that they would be able to take care of everything. I spoke to another company, and they were saying that if we had water damage or if there was anything that they would have to do pre-install, they might not be able to do it. But Bath Planet said over the phone that they could usually handle a lot. Plus they said that they could get it done in about two days or just under, which was exactly how it happened. We also spoke to a third company and they came out to our house. They did a whole estimation and it was way too expensive. When I mentioned this to Bath Planet, they said that they knew exactly about them. They'd do okay work but they'd be very expensive and there were a lot of people who came to them who had also seen them. So after hearing that, I knew that Bath Planet was gonna be a perfect fit.

The Bath Planet rep, Chris, was able to give us really good recommendations. The samples were absolutely pretty and I absolutely loved the professionalism. He was also able to stop by during the project to see if everything was going okay. I was just happy that they could come out because this was right before Coronavirus decided to wreak all havoc everywhere. The installers were very professional and I absolutely loved everything. I was so excited.

When the bathroom was first coming together, I was curious if it was gonna go all the way to the ceiling, and then when I thought maybe it wouldn't, but it all came together so great and the quality was absolutely lovely. I remember when the walls were going up and seeing how pretty it was. It reminded me of some fancy marble building that you would see in New York City. I love how low maintenance it is. All you really need is that vinegar-water mixture if you really need to clean it but it doesn't need much more than that, which is just perfect. Also, I dyed my hair, and it just slid right down the drain and didn't stain. Everything was perfect.

I had a very good experience with Bath Planet. The price was exactly what we were looking to pay. I loved that we were able to pay a large chunk of it you right off the bat. I would totally recommend friends if anybody needed a little quick bathroom. It looks incredibly fancy but it's not that expensive. It's just simple, clean, and ready to use after three days ‘cause you have to let it sit and settle.

Hello Audry,

Thank you for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We will pass the appreciation on to chris.

Thank you in advance for any future referrals that you send us.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 7, 2020

Our house was 22 years old and had a fiberglass shower. It wouldn’t get cleaned. It had the seats that came into the footprints so that the shower was tight. We wanted to do a remodel when we moved in six years ago but decided to put that on hold until now. We had a salesman from Bath Planet and he was very nice. He was very understanding and wasn’t really pushy. But it turned out that he didn’t seem to really know all the ins and outs of ordering the parts. When it came to doing the installation, what we thought we were getting was not what they brought. There was a little communication discord between us and the salesman. But they worked with us and we got what we thought we were getting.

The installers explained what they thought they were gonna do. They thought they were putting in a window but it wasn’t the case. It was just a shelf we wanted. Once we talked about it, that was fine. They told us we were having the fiberglass shelves and we said we wanted the stainless steel shelves. They called their office and got the okay from the boss. At the time, we wanted the acrylic to go all the way to the ceiling then across the top, but they did not bring the supplies. That put a delay on it for about a day. But the owner came out and talked to us and to the installers. They were able to resolve and get the parts so that we were done in three days instead of one or two days. It worked out. The installers removed the old shower and replaced the plumbing that was there in the inside of the shower. They also put the coating on it so that it won’t leak, hopefully, then they installed a new acrylic shower and glass door.

When going into this kind of process, be sure you communicate and ask questions. Make sure you clarify that you understand what you’re getting with the salesperson. But that was just that one and I understand that person is not with the company anymore. Overall, we like Bath Planet's product the best when we looked at different bathrooms. We love our bathroom. It’s very nice and it’s been enjoyable.

Original review: June 1, 2020

We had Bath Planet do a really nice job on our other house that our son lived in five years ago and they did good work there. Recently, we hired them again for a remodel and we were trying to keep it as cheap and as basic as can be. But the salesperson that came to our door that they sent out fibbed on the order form and totally screwed up the whole order. Then, we found out that he no longer works for them. When the order got here, we dealt with different people and they didn't know what we originally ordered. We were just gonna do a shower curtain and we weren’t gonna have a glass surround. But when the whole kit came here, the curtain rod that was ordered for us did not come with it. But they didn't charge us anymore because it had already been calculated out.

Despite that, the installers that we had were fabulous and very good. I run a home daycare and initially, they wanted to do the installation on Wednesday. But I’m not gonna miss two or three days of daycare kids and the remodel was for the bathroom that we use for them. I also didn't want having strangers coming in and out. The salesman promised us that it could be done on a Saturday, which they don’t usually do unless they're finishing up a job. So, we talked to Bath Planet to do the installation on Friday and we decided not to have daycare that day. Then they had to finish up the work on Saturday and the glass person had to come back the next week.

Bath Planet did the follow-up and tied up loose ends on Saturday. But the salesman told us that the installation was gonna be a day and a half and it took four days by the time the glass person came out, measured, and came back when the glass was cut. So, it took a little bit longer than I had planned. I thought it was a pretty simple thing, but the rep said it was because I had dry rot and it takes longer to do the sheetrock to fix it. So, if the salesman would've told us that, then we would have done a different avenue. But the installers tried to kiss up to us and make everything right. They said that that would cost us an extra $500 but we didn’t have to pay for it.

Original review: May 31, 2020

It's really a pleasure to work with people who take care of you and follow through, and Bath Planet's customer service was fantastic. They have good reviews and they were very forthcoming about that, whereas the other companies we talked to were not. So that’s the key too. Bath Planet was the third company that I had come in and speak to me over a period of two years and what stood out to me is that they have their own employees. They don’t use subcontractors and the accountability to the company is much stronger than the other two companies.

There was one contractor and he had an assistant. This was during the pandemic and they were very cautious, careful and clean. That was a pretty big job too. Our home was 27 years old and we moved an old shower then put a new one in. They basically completed most of it on the first day. Then they had to come back because we did have some small disparities in the size of the doors but that kind of stuff happens. Plus they fixed that immediately. They brought the doors out as soon as the new door came in and got it together. They did a nice job. The contractor was great and very efficient. He knew what he was doing.

I also get how easy it is to overlook a detail, especially when you’re working with a salesperson. So I would caution people that when they do a project, regardless of what it is, to make sure that they have covered every aspect of what it is you want and need included in that. It may sound simple but as people age, they need more things like grab bars, benches and seats. And height is important. All those things are important. Customers should make sure what it is they asked for is documented. Really, it’s on the customer a lot of times to make clear. Contractors could come in and install something that is on a sheet of paper, and if the customer missed something or didn’t make what you want clear, then sometimes the customer becomes frustrated with what was their own problem. So get more detailed in your documentation upfront on the small thing that you want so that there is no question when the installation happens.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

We called Bath Planet's rep and things worked out well. The only thing that took long was to get the product. Once we signed paper, it was 12 weeks to the week that they were there to install it. They did a bathroom remodel for us. The installers were there at 8 o'clock in the morning and they were out at 1:30. They took the old bathroom and tub out and replaced my pipe. They cut the pipe halfway and put the showerhead on that. They also reinstalled the walls they had put in.

The quality of work is pretty nice and all of it is guaranteed for life. But I'm gonna have them come back in because there's a corner they missed to caulk. Bath Planet is good but I don't know if a lot of people can afford them. What they did for me for five hours was $8,000. I've gotten bids to do my other bathroom and they're down to $3,000. Other than that, this has been a great experience with Bath Planet.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Somebody from Bath Planet called us and it happened to be the right time. We kind of appreciate the initiative for the call and they gave us what we wanted for the price we wanted. The installation was great. The workers were very respectful of social distance, mask and cleanliness. They were very expedient too. They were done in a day and a half and the workmanship was great. My only complaint was that I did want a white tub. That was one of the changes that we had made. It's not white but it still looks good in there so it's fine. We're happy with the end product. I like the size. It was the biggest one that we could get in our space and everything looks so clean and nice. We also got a handle to hang onto getting in and out of the tub because we're getting close to 70. We had one of the little shelves where you can put soap added and a cubbyhole. It was an excellent experience. It was satisfying and enjoyable.

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for the 5 star rating with Bath Planet of Portland! Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you are liking the end result of your tub replacement.

-Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Originally, Bath Planet had someone schedule my appointment, but then he canceled. His mom was sick in the hospital and he never got back to me, so I was going to go to some other company. But then, they called to follow up and I told them the situation. They said, “We'll give you a really nice discount as an apology for his handling of your project.” So, I gave them another chance. They did the tub and they redid the wall behind it. The installation was good. But I noticed that they scuffed up my doorframe and a little on the walls. There also might be some putty or caulking residue still left on it. That was a little bit of a bummer. I wish that they would have cleaned up some of the scuffs that they left in my bathroom. But they did a good job overall. The quality is very good too. It's holding up so far and the tub is very sturdy.

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the 4 star rating with Bath Planet Portland! Pleasure doing business with you. Thank you for giving us a second chance. Sorry to hear about the caulk residue still left, and your door frame being scuffed. We will take this into consideration for our next job. Happy to hear you are satisfied otherwise.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

We wanted a new shower and a new bathtub put in our main bathroom. I went in to find out who was available to do that work locally. Bath Planet's name come up with good ratings that's why I went with them. The people from Miller Home Renovations doing the work were great. They were clean and quiet. They took away all of the debris. It was a good experience for us. However, the materials used was not up to the standard that had been sold. We're very unhappy with the job because of that. The materials they used reduced our water flow to a substandard level. My wife cannot draw her bathwater and get it to where she likes it before the water gets cold. I was told that the faucet going to the bathtub was only for one and a half gallons per minute. That's also substandard. Also, we don't have a shower connected in any way with that bathtub. The water faucet putting the water into the tub has a shutoff valve on the top for a shower so we should've not had that.

Make sure the heat duct to be moved is done prior to the installation. That was covered in the contract but they didn't do it. Therefore, my flooring has not been repaired yet 'cause they couldn't do it at the time of installation of the shower and tub until the heat duct was moved. They had from September the 6th until installation in December to get that heat duct moved.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Purchasing from Bath Planet went well. We knew that we wanted to get it and the rep was trying to go through his spiel and sell his product. We wanted him to get down to the nuts and bolts of it. He wasn't quite comfortable with doing that but we finally convinced him to do it. We didn't care about the product but we just wanted to see what the end results were gonna be. My mother-in-law is 84 years old and we wanted to convert her bathroom that's off her bedroom to be easy for her. She loves it. It's very easy for her to use and very pleasurable, which was why we did it. The installers did a good job. The only thing that was a little perplexing was when it came to installing the safety bars. They asked where I wanted them. Maybe it was something that you need to customize but Bath Planet should have a standardized thing on where you put them and how you put them in.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for the 4 star rating with Bath planet Portland! Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear your experience with getting your Mother-in-laws bathroom easier for her to use went well.

Bath Planet Company Information