2. Homeowners
  3. Bathroom Remodeling

3.2/5 (35 ratings)

About Bath Planet

Bath Planet is a bathroom remodeling company that offers a variety of services for consumers interested in a bathroom upgrade. The company specializes in fast installations and includes a limited lifetime warranty on its products.

Pros

• Fast renovation process
  • High customer service ratings
  • Limited lifetime warranty

Cons

• No pricing information online
  • Order to installation can take time

Bottom Line

Bath Planet is a bathroom renovation and remodeling service. Its products come with a lifetime warranty. One-day installation is available.

Top Bath Planet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Bath Planet was efficient… It took two days on the one and two days on the other two. I was amazed how quickly they worked. They did their job. They cleaned up everything. We were...

Verified

I couldn't get in and out of the tub and my husband is pretty feeble. We needed a walk-in tub… I talked to Craig and he was great. Any friend of Craig is a friend of mine. He also...

What is Bath Planet?

Bath Planet offers a variety of bathroom remodeling services, including renovation and replacement options for customers who want a bathroom upgrade. Bath Planet boasts affordable services with quality products. This includes rigorously tested acrylic products.

Products and services that Bath Planet offers its customers include:

• Tub to shower conversion
  • Shower to tub conversion
  • Shower or bath remodeling
  • Shower or bath replacement
  • Bathtub wall liners, step-through inserts and accessories
  • Walk-in tubs
  • One-day remodels
  • Barrier-free showers
  • Shower bases, liners, wall surrounds, doors, rods and accessories

Bath Planet has an array of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, which lets you tailor your bathroom to fit your tastes. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty. Customers can schedule a free consultation with their local Bath Planet dealer.

Bath Planet installation

The process starts with sharing your remodeling goals with a Bath Planet customer service representative before scheduling a free in-home consultation. During this meeting, a design consultant assesses what options match your goals and suit your bathroom.

Once you choose the right options for your bathroom, the design team goes to work. They take detailed measurements and photos and hand your design to the operations team. This team reviews the work and places the order. Once your order arrives, they do a quality check and contact you to schedule installation.

On installation day, your technician will review each step with you. During installation, they take every precaution to keep your home clean and protected. When the work is complete, the technician does another walkthrough with you to make sure you’re satisfied. Depending on the scope of the project, installation can be completed in as little as a day.

How much does Bath Planet cost?

Bath Planet does not list any prices on its website. To get an estimate of project costs, you have to contact a customer service representative for a quote. Prices vary depending on several factors, including the type of project, materials used and labor.

Bath Planet offers up to 60-month financing for customers and provides senior and military discounts. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Bath Planet FAQ

Is Bath Planet expensive?
Bath Planet does not disclose prices on its website. Customer reviews suggest that Bath Planet is affordably priced.
Who owns Bath Planet?
Bath Planet is a part of BCI Acrylic Inc. This company is owned by Scott Rosenbach, who is also the company president.
Where is Bath Planet available?
Bath Planet has locations in 44 states. You can use the website’s locator to find the Bath Planet dealer closest to you.
Does Bath Planet do shower stalls?
Bath Planet installs shower stalls. Customers can purchase shower bases, wall liners or surrounds and shower doors.
What is the average cost of a Bath Planet conversion from tub to shower?
The cost of converting a tub to a shower varies based on certain factors, including your door choice, shelving, lighting and ceiling. The average cost ranges from $1,200 to $3,600.

Is Bath Planet worth it?

Bath Planet is absolutely worth considering for your bathroom remodels or renovations. The company has consistently high reviews from customers and overall low costs, although you won’t know your pricing until you request a quote. Overall, Bath Planet has a great reputation and a wide variety of services. It’s definitely worth the time it takes to call and get a free quote for your renovation options.

Bath Planet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

The first company I looked at told me that they couldn't change the drain. Bath Planet came in and said they could do everything including upgrading the plumbing and the wall. We were able to go through all the samples and make good choice. I had a knee replacement and a hip replacement. It was awful hard for me to crawl over the bathtub to take the shower and I hardly ever use the bathtub. I had it taken out and Bath Planet put in a shower.

They made one mistake during the installation. The water was hooked up in reverse. The cold was hot and the hot was cold. When I called back about the problem, they got somebody else that day and fixed it. I had a good time with the people that came out and did it. I would highly recommend them because they came in and did an excellent job. They cleaned up after themselves and really gave me a nice choice. I didn't go with a glass door because I couldn't afford another $1,000. But I managed to order a longer shower curtain for the shower and that seems to work really fine.

I found out later that the guy didn't allow me the option that the base would look like the walls. I'm happy with what I got but I wish I would have had that option. I also wish I would have known more about the financing. It seems a little high at 14%. The cost that Bath Planet charged me was 5,000 something but by the time that they added all the finances, it ended up being 7,900. I wish I would have a chance to go see about privately financing it with another company.

Hello Larry,

Thank you for your 5 star rating with Bath Planet of Portland. Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you were satisfied with our work for the tub to shower conversion.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I went to the Better Business Bureau and asked for bathroom remodels. I got three quotes. We thought Bath Planet would be a good way to go and a lot of the reason was Tyler. He was really nice when he came out. I liked him and his demeanor. He wasn't high-pressure and he didn't try to sell me anything that I didn't want. He asked me exactly what I wanted, how much money I have to spend, and told me he could do it for me. He explained everything about the product to us. He told us that they stand behind everything and that they were local. They have a place at the Park Plaza.

We purchased a bathtub, bath surround, wainscoting, and flooring. Shane was our man that installed everything and we were extremely pleased with him. He was really nice and he did a good job. He replaced everything. We provided the vanity toilet and he hooked all that stuff up too. But I need him to come back out and recaulk some of it because it had seeped in. My house is really old.

Other than that, everything is great and we love our bathroom. The bath is so pretty and my daughter really likes the shelving in the bath. Everybody was very polite, really nice, and accommodating. They said I could just call over anything like the caulking and they would come and touch it up. Overall, our bathroom looks fantastic and we're super pleased.

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for the five star rating with Bath Planet Arkansas! Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you love your new bathroom.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

We had our master bath remodeled and we were happy with the work Bath Planet did. So, when we had our guest’s bath remodeled this time, we called them back. The rep was very good. But we were surprised to hear from the workers when they were here that he was fired. We asked about him because he was so nice. We had them install a tub with handles. They took out the old tub and there was tile around it. They removed the tile and put up new sheetrock. We picked up a medicine chest and a new light, and they also installed those for us.

The installation team was very courteous. They were thoughtful because of the COVID, they wore masks. It was an inclement day, we live up in the hills, 1000 foot elevation and it was raining and blowing, and they asked if they could use our garage for cutting their materials. Of course, we said fine. And they left it clean. They had tarps down on our carpeting and cleaned everything up. The wife is very happy. We're in our 70s and she was diagnosed with cancer in July and she needed the safety bars. She's going through chemo right now and glad to have those installed.

Hello rod,

Thank you for the 5 star rating with Bath Planet Portland. Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you are happy with the install. Wish your wife a safe recovery.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Bath Planet installed a shower. We have the seat installed and grab handles too. We had a little bit of issues because once the guy came out and talked to us, we didn't hear anything. We didn't know what was going on. We had to call them and asked if there was an update. There was quite a long delay and we were always the ones that had to contact them asking if we were gonna schedule an appointment. But the guy that did the installation was fantastic. It's very expensive but the final product looks beautiful. My wife would like a couple shelves more than were originally agreed on but we don't know how to do it.

I would also recommend an integrated bluetooth speakers that are marine grade in the wall. I always take my phone or a waterproof speaker in and listen to music when I'm showering. If Bath Planet had one integrated in the wall that you can sync your phone with powered behind everything so it always had power and you didn't have to worry about a battery, that would be fantastic.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to give Bath Planet of Portland a 5 star review. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you are happy with your new shower. We will let your local dealer know about your wife's request for corner shelves and they will reach out to you.

Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Bath Planet has been very good to us. We've had to call them a couple times. There were issues with the water being on the floor just last week, and Jim came. Ken sent him. He did a good job, and there's no water now. The little rings that hold the grab bars on the wall kept coming off. A gentleman came, and he fixed those and glued them down. They put caulking, but it's still like a glue. But we are very pleased, and it's beautiful. I try very hard using a squeegee and the spray to keep it nice.

We were looking to get a bathroom surround. We had checked at Lowe's and we decided we didn't wanna put it in ourselves. We went to the internet and had four bids on a weekend. The best one was Bath Planet. It wasn't the cheapest, but it was the nicest quality material. The salesman was Ron. He was very forward in giving us any information and answering any questions that we had and didn't try to sway us to do something different. That was remarkable because other ones had an agenda when they got here. We have talked about Bath Planet in our family group, and some have come to see it already. They are in awe how nice it looks. One of the grandchildren said it's almost like being in a hotel.

Hello Lou,

Thank you for the 5 star rating with Bath Planet Portland! We appreciate your business. We will pass the appreciation to Jim, Ken and the crew.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They do not vet their contractors. They just hire them, give them a big bonus and send them out to Botch consumers' bathrooms. I asked to be let out of my contract when they didn't have enough installers. I was told that couldn't happen. Now I am stuck with the ugliest shower.

The first contractor did the demolition and apparently then didn't know how to install the plumbing nor drywall to get ready for the acrylic walls. Another contractor started three days later. This contractor and his team Austin were the absolute worst. They couldn't put my shower door together, they did the worst caulk job, they did not connect any of the plumbing but they installed the shower walls anyway. They used so much caulk to hide their errors. I complained about the job half way through and they allowed the same contractor to continue with the project. The general manager Darren wanted to sign off on the project as complete.

We used the shower one day and the water leaked all into the kitchen the drain was not connected at all. The water came straight from the shower pan because their incompetent contractors didn't think to connect the drain pipe which caused damage to my new cabinets. To this day my shower head hangs and has not been installed correctly 08/17/21.

This company is the worst company that I have ever worked for. They botch your house and then have the nerve to be rude and nasty to you and they don't take accountability for anything that they do. I just moved into my townhouse 5 months ago. I wanted a new shower and they have screwed up my bathroom so bad I am going to have to pay to have someone else put in my shower. Bath Planet doesn't pull the proper permits. Buyer beware. You will be screwed royally and then threatened afterwards.

Original review: July 16, 2021

My husband and I signed a contract and paid a down payment in March to take out our tub and replace it with a shower. We were told and it states in our contract that the work would begin in 8-10 weeks. A couple of weeks before the work should have started, I received a call from Derek stating that “due to production delays” our work would be delayed about 4 additional weeks. Ok fine. Well now we are at almost double what we were originally told. We never hear anything unless we initiate the contact, and even then sometimes may or may not get a return call. It always “two more weeks”. I think it may be time to cancel and find a new contractor.

Tanya,

you know we understand your disposition and want to apologize for your experience. For further assistance in a resolve please reach out to our consumer relations representative at 847-496-1782. Happy to help.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 30, 2021

After our tub to shower conversion we had one small issue to resolve with the company….3 months ago. Despite weekly, then daily, phone calls and a few emails to try to resolve this issue, we have not heard back even once. Now we have another issue that we’d like to schedule someone to fix but we do not hold out ANY HOPE of getting anywhere with this company. If you’re considering Bath Planet for your remodel, the price will lure you in but the follow up will make you want to tear your hair out.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for reaching out to Bath Planet Manufacturing office. On our behalf we want to let you know we understand your disposition and want to apologize for your experience - Please contact our consumer relations representative here to better assist you in a resolve. Phone is 847-496-1782. Thank you for your time and awareness to your experience.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 28, 2021

My husband Chad and I went with Bath Planet back in April. My husband had talked with a rep, Chris W. about doing drywall, a bathtub/shower combo, and tiling the floor. He was told verbally that this would be in the contract. The agreed upon pricing was 9500. Well, when he signed the contract, it was actually for a bathtub/shower install and tile install (we buy the tile) only. He didn't read what the rep, Chris, had written. He just trusted that what he wrote down was what they had talked about.

When another rep came to take pictures, he mentioned the drywall. We said we thought this was in the contract? He said no. He also stated that it will be a 10 week projected start date. We had already put down a 50% cash deposit at this point. We were able to negotiate with our rep, Chris, but it took weeks! My husband was the one who had to keep calling him, and when he did finally reach him, he gave every excuse from a "tire blowout" to "death in the family".

We finally were able to renegotiate and sign another contract. This time, they said that they would do the drywall and leave out the tile installation. We agreed to re-sign a new contract. Again, if we had decided to cancel with them, they would get to keep 3k (33%) of the money we already gave them. Well, we waited.

Did not hear from the company until almost ten weeks later. Near the projected START DATE. The message we received was a phone call from a scheduler, Victoria. She called to say that the materials would not even SHIP until July 22. They then would need to be inspected, and that there is no projected start date yet. We signed the contract on April 13. Given the poor communication both with the initial contract, and not calling us about the delay until the projected start date, we want to go ahead and just pay the 3k to get out of the contract.

My husband is going to talk to a rep in the cancelation department on Monday. He had tried yesterday, but big surprise, no one was there to speak with him that day. We are just so frustrated! Obviously we are paying 3k of our hard earned savings (we are healthcare workers) to a horrible company for doing absolutely nothing in return, just for us to have the ability to leave. It is just so frustrating to blow that much money, but we are so scared that if we don't, thing will get way worse with them. We have already reported them to the Better Business Bureau, so I am hoping we will get a better response, there.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Bath Planet Corporate Office. On our behalf we want to let

Please contact our consumer relations representative at 847-496-1782 for further assistance in a resolve. Thank you for your time. We look forward to helping you.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 1, 2021

Too many problems. Not satisfied. Don't waste your money. Very disturbing they don't get back to you. They came back several times and still not satisfied. Very disrespectful. Installation very sloppy.

Bath Planet Company Information