4.0(712)

About Bath Planet

Bath Planet is a bathroom remodeling company that offers a variety of services for consumers interested in a bathroom upgrade. The company specializes in fast installations and includes a limited lifetime warranty on its products.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Fast renovation process
  • High customer service ratings
  • Limited lifetime warranty
Cons
  • No pricing information online
  • Order to installation can take time

Featured Reviews

Verified
Medina, OH

Bath Planet was efficient… It took two days on the one and two days on the other two. I was amazed how quickly they worked. They did their job. They cleaned up everything. We were...

Verified
Portland,, OR

I couldn't get in and out of the tub and my husband is pretty feeble. We needed a walk-in tub… I talked to Craig and he was great. Any friend of Craig is a friend of mine. He also...

What is Bath Planet?

Bath Planet offers a variety of bathroom remodeling services, including renovation and replacement options for customers who want a bathroom upgrade. Bath Planet boasts affordable services with quality products. This includes rigorously tested acrylic products.

Products and services that Bath Planet offers its customers include:

• Tub to shower conversion
  • Shower to tub conversion
  • Shower or bath remodeling
  • Shower or bath replacement
  • Bathtub wall liners, step-through inserts and accessories
  • Walk-in tubs
  • One-day remodels
  • Barrier-free showers
  • Shower bases, liners, wall surrounds, doors, rods and accessories

Bath Planet has an array of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, which lets you tailor your bathroom to fit your tastes. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty. Customers can schedule a free consultation with their local Bath Planet dealer.

Bath Planet installation

The process starts with sharing your remodeling goals with a Bath Planet customer service representative before scheduling a free in-home consultation. During this meeting, a design consultant assesses what options match your goals and suit your bathroom.

Once you choose the right options for your bathroom, the design team goes to work. They take detailed measurements and photos and hand your design to the operations team. This team reviews the work and places the order. Once your order arrives, they do a quality check and contact you to schedule installation.

On installation day, your technician will review each step with you. During installation, they take every precaution to keep your home clean and protected. When the work is complete, the technician does another walkthrough with you to make sure you’re satisfied. Depending on the scope of the project, installation can be completed in as little as a day.

How much does Bath Planet cost?

Bath Planet does not list any prices on its website. To get an estimate of project costs, you have to contact a customer service representative for a quote. Prices vary depending on several factors, including the type of project, materials used and labor.

Bath Planet offers up to 60-month financing for customers and provides senior and military discounts. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Bath Planet FAQ

Is Bath Planet expensive?

Bath Planet does not disclose prices on its website. Customer reviews suggest that Bath Planet is affordably priced.

Who owns Bath Planet?

Bath Planet is a part of BCI Acrylic Inc. This company is owned by Scott Rosenbach, who is also the company president.

Where is Bath Planet available?

Bath Planet has locations in 44 states. You can use the website’s locator to find the Bath Planet dealer closest to you.

Does Bath Planet do shower stalls?

Bath Planet installs shower stalls. Customers can purchase shower bases, wall liners or surrounds and shower doors.

What is the average cost of a Bath Planet conversion from tub to shower?

The cost of converting a tub to a shower varies based on certain factors, including your door choice, shelving, lighting and ceiling. The average cost ranges from $1,200 to $3,600.

Is Bath Planet worth it?

Bath Planet is absolutely worth considering for your bathroom remodels or renovations. The company has consistently high reviews from customers and overall low costs, although you won’t know your pricing until you request a quote. Overall, Bath Planet has a great reputation and a wide variety of services. It’s definitely worth the time it takes to call and get a free quote for your renovation options.

Stars Rating

• 61%
  • 6%
  • 15%
  • 10%
  • 8%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?
    Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed April 15, 2024

The sales people were very good and courteous, and the pricing was better than I anticipated. The front door part was not as expensive by quite a bit that I've been quoted in the past years for replacing the front door. So we were okay with the sales presentation and just went with it. I had a front door and a walk-in shower installed by Bath Planet. The shower took a little over a day, which was fine. The installer did the shower installation and also did a floor repair on my half bath. That was all included in the price, which I felt good about.

The whole project took pretty close to two days. The installer was working by himself. He did excellent work except the shower doors. The outside one would hang up and it was rough, and it came off track once, opening it up because I’ve had a bunch of gummy stuff up on the railing and on the rollers too for just on the outside door. So he came out and tried to clean it up but didn't quite get all of it. So a couple days later, I just cleaned it all off myself, because what he noticed that the two rollers on the door also were all gummed up with some type of a real sticky, gummy stuff.

We kept the shower pretty simple. We have one grab bar in one corner unit. The main thing that bothers us about the shower is that we weren't told that the floor would be concave. I just expected the shower to be flat. My wife and I are both in our 70s, and we've both had trouble adjusting to the concave floor. It throws us off balance a bit sometimes. Also, our relative said he slipped and lost his balance in there a couple times too. I asked about it, and I was explained it's like that so all the water runs toward the center and away from the corners so it doesn't get a mold buildup. But the corners are not square. They're angled down, so I don't understand that. We’re not happy with the floor of the shower.

I love the door. The installers didn't speak hardly any English, so they had a little trouble getting it all squared. But it's good. I had James come out and he did a couple of minor adjustments. They didn't ask about changing the key to match our other house keys and I was told they should have done that. But overall, the pricing is good. The shower installer is real good. I'm a perfectionist, and so a couple of things were off a little bit. But he did an overall good job, plus a really good job on the half bath flooring. I already recommended him to a couple of friends before we had a couple of minor issues. But Bath Planet is still a good company.

Pinned

We appreciate you taking your time to leave an honest review of our products and services, Danny. We are glad to hear most of the experience was a pleasant one. We will work on describing our shower bases more clearly to homeowners in the future as to make sure everyone knows what they will be receiving.

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

Bath Planet's presentation was great. They showed me how quick it can be done and all these different colors. We went upstairs to the bathroom and I could match colors with what the rep had in the book and I could choose a different shower head. I liked them a lot. I did a bathroom remodel and it was easy. I got a shower combo. The installers came in the morning and took out the old one, and they kept working all through the day. They really worked hard, and around six o'clock, they were done. I love the quality. I would tell my friends to give them a call. They did a great job. I could have gotten the project done a little bit cheaper somewhere else, but they were such hard workers and I would much rather pay that price and have them do anything else I need.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to review. We love hearing how our design process was easy to use and helped you make a decision on the right choices for your bathroom remodel with us. It was great working with you and your home.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

Bath Planet was a sub on the job and they were the best part of it. They did the first part of the job, which was the walk-in shower. They were excellent and efficient. They got their work done quickly, professionally, and well. If I had done the whole job with them, it would have probably been a lot better. Bath Planet's part was done in a day and a quarter. The first day when they left, everything was in order. When they came back and finished it the next morning, everything was nice and organized and all set to go. We're all excited about the whole job. The stuff they installed was excellent. We're very happy with the shower area of the bathroom.

Pinned

Thank you for choosing Bath Planet for the shower. It was great to work with you and your home. We are sure the rest of the bathroom was finished wonderfully as well!

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

I was in the hospital and my wife was getting an operation, which was why I wanted the bathroom, so she could step into the walk-in shower. It's perfect for us both now. I got the seat, which is good for her, and the bars. Everything came with it so it was nice. The sales reps from Bath Planet were nice and efficient and the installers were great. They did a very nice job. They came and did everything right away. Ordering the door took a little while. The one I ordered wasn’t in stock. They put in the door but I didn’t get the glass doors until a month later. It didn't affect us much though.

I had sticker shock on the price but I know what bathrooms cost. All the prices are up and it was the convenience of it. So it was working for me. The quality of service was good and I’m happy. I had a kidney transplant and I fell over the side of the regular five-foot tub standard. I was lying on the floor and I didn't want anything like that to happen to my wife. So it was an ease on my mind getting the shower. I was happy when my wife came home and got in it.

Pinned

We are glad you made the decision to prepare for the future. Safety is so important in the bathing area and some people take action too late. It was a pleasure working with your home to make it just right for you and your wife! Thank you for taking the time to speak about your experience here.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2024

I like Bath Planet tremendously. They do what they say they're gonna do. There wasn't a hard sell. The salesperson was almost too sweet. It was to the point where I thought the whole thing was a gimmick because he was so good. He was able to be reached. He was responsive on questions. He gave me facts and figures and was very helpful. I like the way the he came in and gave me a great idea of what's gonna be used. We had their shower stall, flooring, sliding doors, and fixtures. We were able to customize the shower and where we wanted the accessories. The installers were phenomenal. I tried to hire them to do other work for me. But they were too busy. They couldn't do it.

Pinned

Thank you for your kind and honest review, Joseph. We are happy to have been able to do all we could for you and are just sorry that our schedule was just too packed at the time for your other project. It was a pleasure working with you.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed April 13, 2024

I had a positive experience with Bath Planet and I'm thrilled with my outcome. They explained what they did and how they did it, what I wanted done, and how long it would take. But there wasn't pressure to do it. He had all his samples, and what we could pick from, and had pictures of clients that had it done. He was very friendly and did an excellent job. The guy that came out there and installed it was good. He was very professional, cleaned it all up, and hauled away the old stuff. I was impressed. Bath Planet would give you a good deal and they do great work.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Elizabeth. Enjoy your new bathroom!

Profile pic of the author.
      Peter increased rating by 2 stars.
      Contract & TermsStaff
      After a positive interaction with Bath Planet, Peter increased their star rating on April 6, 2024.

Updated review: April 6, 2024

Will reach out to the correct company, thank you.

Original Review: April 4, 2024

I implore you to find a different company to do your bath remodel. It's a bit of a long story but I recommend reading it to save yourself a lot of hassle later. Keep in mind throughout, this is the very first time I felt the need to ever make a bad review of anything online. It started fine, with a salesman for measurements and a quote. We let them know *extensively* that we had a family member with a disability and thus would require an elongated shower so that they could use it, to the length of 72" rather than the 60" standard.

Everything seemed fine up to that point and the salesman asked us to leave a good review for them with Google reviews. The salesman came out a second time to take a second set of measurements as an alteration needed to be made to the side the showerhead/drain was on (not a big deal). The salesman took pictures of the 72" measurement using a tape measure and marked with tape the length (pictures that we have seen thanks to the extremely kind, helpful, and amazing contractors), as well as explaining the size of the shower to us.

This is where we made our mistake. We got complacent with the explanation and didn't thoroughly check the contracts, which had drafted with the standard size of the 60" instead of the 72" the salesman had quite literally marked onto the floor. When the contractors arrived and we called the "sales manager" to explain the discrepancy. Beyond the "should have read the contract" and "nobody lied to you" lines made infamous by stereotypical salesman everywhere (he actually said those lines, I'm not joking), he came up with what sounds like an excuse so ridiculous I almost couldn't believe it.

Folks, this man tried to say that they measured out to 72" instead of 60" in the photos because there "are lights in the room". What? It's 2024, how many bathrooms are you renovating with no lights?! More so, why does the existence of lights change a measurement of length? If the room didn't have any lights, would you then have decided to only measure to 60"?

If they were worried about ceiling electricity (of which there were no lights directly above where we wanted the renovation) then why was the measurement photos with the markings on the floor? I don't see any lights on the floor. That's not to mention this "sales manager" was neither at our house for any of the measurements, nor did he explain why having lights in the bathroom meant the salesman needed to measure out exactly 72".

If the salesman knew it was supposed to be 60", why not just measure and mark out to 60"? I mean really, just take a moment to think over what I said again to soak up the absurdity. "The reason we measured, marked, and took photos of the exact measurements of 72" the salesman told you you were supposed to get, was because your bathroom contains lights." Did you think that maybe all of the photos are taken and marked at 72" because that's the size we were told by the person taking those pictures, and even the person taking photos (same salesman both times) thought it was 72"?

When he informed us it would be approximately another $1000 to change the shower to the 72" length we had wanted, I told him that I needed some time to discuss with the co-signers. I hadn't even gotten halfway through with discussing it with them before the "sales manager" texted the contractor (again, the contractor was a cool person at least) to tell the contractor that we were going to have the size increased. Jeez man, the contractor was literally right there with us, of course we saw the text with you seemingly gloating about your victory of having us pay another thousand. Maybe it wasn't a gloat and was just keeping the contractor informed, but they were literally right there in front of us, and we hadn't even made a decision, let alone signed a new contract at the time.

The sales manager gave me a corporate number to call to get back to him. I called it and asked the woman who answered and confirmed it was Bath Planet if there was a number for complaints. She gave me a number for a completely different company who works with cleaning gutters. I'm not making this up, this SNAFU happened in real time as the poor contractor tried to help me find who to actually contact. In the end, I didn't find the right number to contact for corporate complaints, so decided to do the next best thing and inform others.

Overall, I'm almost certainly going to pay them to just finish the work with the correct size because it would be too much of a hassle to do anything else. Don't be like me though. As a disclaimer, this is the truth as I understand/saw/heard it, and as it was explained to me. There could be some sort of miscommunication going on. If there is though, do you really want to go with a company that cant understand or explain the issue? Do you want to go with a company with a sales manager who thinks you are so dumb that you'll believe anything he shovels you on the spot? I'll be telling anyone I know about this fiasco and they can come up with their own opinions about the company. I'm perfectly fine paying another 1k for the fix if it means that others can avoid the issues I ran into.

Pinned

Hello, Peter. We understand the issues you have had with the office you are working with for your shower remodel. We are the corporate manufacturing office of Bath Planet. The business you are working with is one of our affiliated dealers who are independently owned and operated, they simply purchase our product for installation. Unfortunately, they ordered the incorrect size for the shower base of your project. We have tracked down the business you are working with, the number you should be able to call for assistance is 630-540-2023. We hope this information is helpful to you. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out our manufacturing customer service at customersupport@bciacrylic.com.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed March 9, 2024

Josh came to our home today to provide and excellent demo. No hard pressure sales, but provides plenty of information. He was so pleasant and thorough. Josh showed us all the options and pricing. We were very satisfied with the quality of all the materials. Pricing was very fair and much better than other competitors.

Pinned

Thank you for letting us know of your experience with Josh. We are very proud of our material and are confident that it would be the right fit for your home!

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2024

The sales rep was pleasant and informative. The installers came in the morning, took out the old shower, put in the new one, and cleaned up the mess. I'm impressed with how the shower area looks. It's nice, clean, and easy to take care of.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

Bath Planet started the work in October. Today, their installers finally finished putting the last piece on. But the shower still leaks. Every time I called Bath Planet they said it was backordered or would say, “We got the piece in to come in now. And we're going to put it in next week.” I said, “I'm sorry, but we got sick here. We can’t have you next week.” I called a week later and said we were better. And the rep said, “We gotta order it. We got it backordered.” I said, “You just had it last week.” So, that took another five weeks. They were just fooling around. It's ridiculous. They didn't know what they were doing. They put it in. But everything is backwards. Also, the installation company owner and his associate talked to me rudely.

Pinned

Thank you for your honest account of the experience with Bath Planet. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with one of our affiliated dealers, this is not the outcome we hope for Bath Planet customers. If there are still problems with the installation, please feel free to email us at customersupport@bciacrylic.com with specifics so we can assist you in contacting this dealer to resolve all issues.

Bath Planet Company Information