4.3/5 (675 ratings)

About Bath Planet

Bath Planet is a bathroom remodeling company that offers a variety of services for consumers interested in a bathroom upgrade. The company specializes in fast installations and includes a limited lifetime warranty on its products.

Pros

• Fast renovation process
  • High customer service ratings
  • Limited lifetime warranty

Cons

• No pricing information online
  • Order to installation can take time

Bottom Line

Bath Planet is a bathroom renovation and remodeling service. Its products come with a lifetime warranty. One-day installation is available.

Top Bath Planet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Verified

Bath Planet was efficient… It took two days on the one and two days on the other two. I was amazed how quickly they worked. They did their job. They cleaned up everything. We were...

Verified

I couldn't get in and out of the tub and my husband is pretty feeble. We needed a walk-in tub… I talked to Craig and he was great. Any friend of Craig is a friend of mine. He also...

What is Bath Planet?

Bath Planet offers a variety of bathroom remodeling services, including renovation and replacement options for customers who want a bathroom upgrade. Bath Planet boasts affordable services with quality products. This includes rigorously tested acrylic products.

Products and services that Bath Planet offers its customers include:

• Tub to shower conversion
  • Shower to tub conversion
  • Shower or bath remodeling
  • Shower or bath replacement
  • Bathtub wall liners, step-through inserts and accessories
  • Walk-in tubs
  • One-day remodels
  • Barrier-free showers
  • Shower bases, liners, wall surrounds, doors, rods and accessories

Bath Planet has an array of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, which lets you tailor your bathroom to fit your tastes. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty. Customers can schedule a free consultation with their local Bath Planet dealer.

Bath Planet installation

The process starts with sharing your remodeling goals with a Bath Planet customer service representative before scheduling a free in-home consultation. During this meeting, a design consultant assesses what options match your goals and suit your bathroom.

Once you choose the right options for your bathroom, the design team goes to work. They take detailed measurements and photos and hand your design to the operations team. This team reviews the work and places the order. Once your order arrives, they do a quality check and contact you to schedule installation.

On installation day, your technician will review each step with you. During installation, they take every precaution to keep your home clean and protected. When the work is complete, the technician does another walkthrough with you to make sure you’re satisfied. Depending on the scope of the project, installation can be completed in as little as a day.

How much does Bath Planet cost?

Bath Planet does not list any prices on its website. To get an estimate of project costs, you have to contact a customer service representative for a quote. Prices vary depending on several factors, including the type of project, materials used and labor.

Bath Planet offers up to 60-month financing for customers and provides senior and military discounts. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Bath Planet FAQ

Is Bath Planet expensive?
Bath Planet does not disclose prices on its website. Customer reviews suggest that Bath Planet is affordably priced.
Who owns Bath Planet?
Bath Planet is a part of BCI Acrylic Inc. This company is owned by Scott Rosenbach, who is also the company president.
Where is Bath Planet available?
Bath Planet has locations in 44 states. You can use the website’s locator to find the Bath Planet dealer closest to you.
Does Bath Planet do shower stalls?
Bath Planet installs shower stalls. Customers can purchase shower bases, wall liners or surrounds and shower doors.
What is the average cost of a Bath Planet conversion from tub to shower?
The cost of converting a tub to a shower varies based on certain factors, including your door choice, shelving, lighting and ceiling. The average cost ranges from $1,200 to $3,600.

Is Bath Planet worth it?

Bath Planet is absolutely worth considering for your bathroom remodels or renovations. The company has consistently high reviews from customers and overall low costs, although you won’t know your pricing until you request a quote. Overall, Bath Planet has a great reputation and a wide variety of services. It’s definitely worth the time it takes to call and get a free quote for your renovation options.

Bath Planet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Original review: July 27, 2022

I went to the home show and after talking to the guys who were there, I felt a little comfortable with them. They explained what would happen and what would they do for me. I got a bathtub and a shower. The installation team cleaned up after themselves and the only problem that I may have now is the size tub that I have is not the size tub that I got back. By the time the reps put the tub in, there was nothing I could do.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for taking the time to review us Delores. If you are concerned about your tub we recommend reaching out to your project manager to see if they can take a look into it. We are sure they would be more than happy to help out or clarify anything for you.

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Bath Planet’s sales rep explained things a lot more than others did. The pricing was maybe a touch higher than I was expecting but it wasn't out of the realm. And I liked their lifetime warranty. We had them do two jobs for us and after the first one, we were super satisfied with what they did and the lengths they went to make sure everything was exactly right. We liked them quite a bit. Both times, we had our master bathroom completely redone. The first time we did it was a major one. They took everything all the way down to the studs in the entire room and built it completely back up from scratch.

In both houses that we've had with Bath Planet now, we've taken out bathtubs and shower and stand-up showers and had them turned in to just a large shower. They created a giant walk-in shower for us on the first house and it was beautiful. On the second one here, they made a larger shower with sliding glass doors. The house isn't quite as extravagant as the last one we had, so it's not quite as nice, but it is what it is. We also had new vanities, new sinks and new mirrors. It was a complete bathroom renovation. We love the results. If we ever have to do it again, they'll be the first ones we call.

Bath Planet response

Great to hear that we have met your expectations twice now Jason! We hope that your new shower at least makes your bathroom feel a little more extravagant than it was before. If you have further plans we would be honored to work with you and your home a third time! Thank you for taking the time to say such kind words about our team and products.

Original review: May 18, 2022

We needed an affordable solution for replacing our old, well-water-stained, broken, jet tub that was in the house when we purchased it, and the tile surrounding it which was beginning to lose grout, have mold issues, and in general was just not an attractive color/style. We got quotes from a few similar bath/shower remodel companies and Bath Planet was the most affordable with the most style/design choice options for the price.

Overall we are pleased that the finished product is far better, sleeker, and easier to clean than what we had in place before. However, my recommendation of their company comes with some caveats. Here were the downsides to the experience - The salesman was seemingly not thoroughly trained (and thus inadvertently misleading) about details of the company's story and affiliations (Bath Planet vs. Joyce Co. Manufacturing vs. BCI Engineering products etc.) - as well as the details of the extent of their warranty - (The warranty actually only guarantees the BCI acrylic products, there's no mention of coverage for plumbing fixtures or the actual install labor/job performed. I had to write to the branch manager directly to get them to say something in email writing in response as to some sort of guarantee of the parts and labor!)

The install went fairly smoothly, but there were some small mishaps. We ordered metal corner shelves that double as grab bars, the shelves that got sent were incorrect and the corrected item had to then be ordered. The installer struggled getting them installed with the screws being flush. The screws are now in at an angle and the gap around them sealed with a waterproof sealant/caulk. We can only hope that is effective enough to hold up and not make the screw holes become a wicking point for water to seep behind the walls in the future! It also consequently looks a bit unsightly and less professional than the rest of the job.

We also had issue that the hot and cold water taps were reversed on the faucet control, and the tub's overflow drain was sealed, not letting excess water drain, so when stepping into the tub the water level rose enough to slosh over the side of the tub. We reported this and thankfully they were quick/easy fixes - the cartridge on the faucet control knob had to be pulled out and turned around and reinserted to get the hot and cold to correspond with correct sides of the dial. The tub overflow drain was sealed with temporary plug for shipping/transport and the installer had merely forgotten to remove it at the end of the install job.

Lastly, the lead foreman overseeing all projects took the attitude of being defensive when these issues got reported. Trying to argue that the grab bar shelves didn't exist and that our hot/cold taps must have been backwards from the start even with our old shower (which it was not) - this sort of kneejerk first response was less than professional.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for taking the time to bring any and all issues to our attention. We always want the best material to come with the best installation and service. We will use your information to improve our knowledge so that we only get better in the future. We are happy to hear that our team was responsive in coming back out to fix some of those problems for you.

Thank you for choosing us, reviewing us, and letting us see the new bath/shower we installed for you.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Our new bathroom is great. Bath Planet was the best. They’re the ones that helped me figure out exactly what I wanted. They showed me exactly what I needed. They were very helpful and very knowledgeable. They did exactly what I asked. They put in everything I requested. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for leaving us a five star review! We are very happy to hear that you could not ask for anything better. That is what we always aim for, we aren't happy unless everyone in the house is. We hope you love your new bathroom for years to come.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The sales rep from Bath Planet was very nice. The reps came and measured, and we talked about finishes, designs and colors. They wanted to make sure that the flooring and the walls matched compatibly and that the tub was what I wanted. They were very careful to make sure that I got what I wanted in that bathroom instead of suggesting. They opted me to tell them what I envisioned and it came out well. We're very pleased with it. The quality is very good. I didn't quite get the countertops I wanted but when it was over, I realized that it was my fault, not theirs. I had not been clear about that.

The service was very good too. They came when they were supposed to come. They got done what they were supposed to get done. They didn't have a part one day, and the guy went out in his own car and hunted it down until he found it and brought it back, and they got that part done. It went very smoothly and I was pleased with the whole process. It was a good experience. You always have a little glitch here or there and some part didn't show up or it was the wrong sizing. But in the whole, it went well.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that our team did their very best for you. Nothing makes us more satisfied than knowing we were able to allow you to design your own perfect bathroom. We hope you love your new tub for years to come!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

They called me, told me I could get a free estimate that would be good for 1yr. When the lady arrived I found it odd she didn't want to look at my bath room. We say at my kitchen table, and she was asking me what I wanted? I told her it would be easier for me to show her, so she finally agreed to look at my bathroom. Did her mold, moisture tests. Which pretty much passed. After watching videos of their company, etc. I told her I felt like I was at a job interview. She said she quoted me the lowest price ever on a bath and wall surround. I would ask how much certain things cost. She would say expensive. I signed the contract.

I had questions that day after she left, of course she didn't call back. "You have three days to cancel the contract." I guess they think I'm dumb. On the 3rd day I canceled my big deposit check and I called them, Left a message to cancel my contract. Then I received calls right away. Go figure. I told her since I have a year with their estimate that I wanted to think about it. She said, "You don't have a year only 30days." Then I was told I don't even have the 30 days. She said she would have to come out and get me a new quote. She said she had skipped the "**" "and just quoted me the cheapest price so she wanted to come out and not skip the "**" this time I guess. They are not true to their word. I wouldn't recommend them. When you ask how much something is and they just say "expensive" That's not a good answer. She also laughed at me, and was rude on the phone. Thank God I had a sense of deceit.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

PLEASE READ. Possibly the WORST experience. Take the time to do your research on Bath Planet. Don’t be bamboozled by their salesperson, price, and false promises. This will not be a one day project and the crazy high amount of money will not ensure top quality product or a workmanlike experience, as we were told it would. I’ll try to make this succinct because there is so much.

On day one of the project, no show from workers. Day 2, workers came and CRACKED a bathroom floor tile, which still hasn’t been replaced. Day 3, the project is still not done. Day 4, we’re told the project is “done,” though it wasn’t (there was no shower rod installed), and later that night the ENTIRE TUB LEAKS from the second floor onto the hardwood floors of the first floor (see photo) - this was due to a faulty bath drain stopper, inadequately testing the tub, and improper installation. They had to replace the drywall and ceiling downstairs in the kitchen and repaint.

Day 5, a worker shows up unannounced/unscheduled with a RANDOM SHOWER ROD we didn’t agree to. The shower rod was not the same as contractually agreed upon due to a lack of proper measurements during initial meetings - we had to research what new rod would fit for them. Zero care and disregard for disrupting our personal schedule. Audaciously expected us to be at their disposal to accommodate them beyond the scope of the promised 1 day project.

The quality of the bathroom itself is SUBPAR at best - we contested a blatantly obvious crooked “window kit,” unsmooth caulking, loose faucet, and paint damage to the bathroom ceiling, just to name a few. We had to request that they paint the bathroom ceiling as they argued it’s “standard [for them] to leave it that way.” The entire project took OVER 7 BUSINESS DAYS across the span of now three months. We haven’t heard from anyone in the company for almost two months, as they have stopped responding to our requests for them to complete the project. They were entirely uncaring and INVALIDATING when discussing a resolution to all of their faults and have threatened DEMAND FOR PAYMENT even though the job is not complete. Simply a money hungry business with extremely poor customer service and extremely poor bathroom quality. Do yourself a favor, save your money and look elsewhere. ANYONE would be better.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

We bought a remodel of removing the bathtub and putting a shower in. The product is really good but sometimes, the owner is not very people friendly. I had a bit of confrontation with him but overall, it got settled.

Bath Planet response

We are happy to hear that you like the product we manufacture. Thank you for bringing the demeanor of our affiliated dealer to our attention. We always strive to do better and will look into this.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

They did a good job installing our walk-in shower. I would recommend them.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for the review and the recommendation Patricia! It means a lot to us and thank you for trusting us with your home.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I am providing a review of my experience with Bath Planet of Atlanta. I originally met with the Salesman on June 2, 2022, he was a super nice guy and gave me a good sales pitch. The thing that hooked us was the 2~3 day demo and install, turning our garden tub into a large shower and turning our old shower into a closet. Todd (salesman) said "no problem we do this all day every day". He did tell me that it took about 12 weeks to get materials and that there would be another 7~10 days to get the custom glass door. I signed the contract and that was the END of the positive experience with Bath Planet of Atlanta. I was told I would get a welcome email by the next day to tell me what to expect during the installation, to this day I have NEVER received that welcome email. Needless to say this company has the WORST communication, I had to initiate ALL of the correspondence with this company to keep it on track and to get any information.

Needless to say my 2~3 day install with an additional 7~10 day wait for the glass doors took over a month in a half. The shelving that was put up on our walls in the closet actually fell off of the wall. I had to miss several meetings, reschedule meetings and was left on hold for 30 minutes one day, causing me to miss yet another meeting. Bath Planet of Atlanta has ZERO regard for their customer's time. I requested to speak with management NUMEROUS times, all of those requests went ignored (I have several emails to prove this). I tried to get in touch with the Sales Manager (Clark) because I was not getting anything accomplished with their Customer Service Coordinator (Nia, sweet girl but had no authority). He finally called me back one day and after that he never responded to me again. I would call and his voicemail would be conveniently full.

On October 19, 2022, Nia was calling me back because I had not heard from anyone about fixing the shelving and I had picked up the call while Clark (Sales Manager) was in her office SCREAMING at her to "get this ** off of his back. That was when nice, understanding Tracy went out the door and I was furious, as I am sure anyone would be. I have also been in contact with the Owner (Daniel Bradley) who had ZERO concern that I had such a horrible experience with his staff. He could care less about all of the time I spent following up and project managing his staff, he had no regard for the fact that I had to miss meetings. I asked for my deposit of $3,000 back for all of the issues and inconvenience we had endured and he refused. He kept saying that the manufacturer's warranty did not cover refunds, this has nothing to do with the materials this has to do with bad business principals, company integrity and customer satisfaction.

I am sure Mr. Bradley will respond to this review and say they fixed all of our issues; which they did AS THEY SHOULD HAVE. Again, this is not about if they fixed all of the issues or not (we never should have had to endure all of the issues we had to begin with), this is about integrity, customer satisfaction and good business practices. Buyer beware, check ALL REVIEWS and the Better Business Bureau complaints. I am not the only one who has had these issues with Bath Planet of Atlanta.

Bath Planet response

Hello Tracy, we apologize for the experience you have had with one of our affiliated dealers. We are the manufacturer of the product, so rest assured, Mr. Bradley or anyone else from the Atlanta office will not be responding through here. However, we will reach out to them about this problem on your behalf to try to resolve the issues you have had with them.

Bath Planet Company Information