4.3/5 (657 ratings)

About Bath Planet

Bath Planet is a bathroom remodeling company that offers a variety of services for consumers interested in a bathroom upgrade. The company specializes in fast installations and includes a limited lifetime warranty on its products.

Pros

• Fast renovation process
  • High customer service ratings
  • Limited lifetime warranty

Cons

• No pricing information online
  • Order to installation can take time

Bottom Line

Bath Planet is a bathroom renovation and remodeling service. Its products come with a lifetime warranty. One-day installation is available.

Top Bath Planet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Bath Planet was efficient… It took two days on the one and two days on the other two. I was amazed how quickly they worked. They did their job. They cleaned up everything. We were...

Verified

I couldn't get in and out of the tub and my husband is pretty feeble. We needed a walk-in tub… I talked to Craig and he was great. Any friend of Craig is a friend of mine. He also...

What is Bath Planet?

Bath Planet offers a variety of bathroom remodeling services, including renovation and replacement options for customers who want a bathroom upgrade. Bath Planet boasts affordable services with quality products. This includes rigorously tested acrylic products.

Products and services that Bath Planet offers its customers include:

• Tub to shower conversion
  • Shower to tub conversion
  • Shower or bath remodeling
  • Shower or bath replacement
  • Bathtub wall liners, step-through inserts and accessories
  • Walk-in tubs
  • One-day remodels
  • Barrier-free showers
  • Shower bases, liners, wall surrounds, doors, rods and accessories

Bath Planet has an array of styles, patterns and colors to choose from, which lets you tailor your bathroom to fit your tastes. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty. Customers can schedule a free consultation with their local Bath Planet dealer.

Bath Planet installation

The process starts with sharing your remodeling goals with a Bath Planet customer service representative before scheduling a free in-home consultation. During this meeting, a design consultant assesses what options match your goals and suit your bathroom.

Once you choose the right options for your bathroom, the design team goes to work. They take detailed measurements and photos and hand your design to the operations team. This team reviews the work and places the order. Once your order arrives, they do a quality check and contact you to schedule installation.

On installation day, your technician will review each step with you. During installation, they take every precaution to keep your home clean and protected. When the work is complete, the technician does another walkthrough with you to make sure you’re satisfied. Depending on the scope of the project, installation can be completed in as little as a day.

How much does Bath Planet cost?

Bath Planet does not list any prices on its website. To get an estimate of project costs, you have to contact a customer service representative for a quote. Prices vary depending on several factors, including the type of project, materials used and labor.

Bath Planet offers up to 60-month financing for customers and provides senior and military discounts. All Bath Planet products come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Bath Planet FAQ

Is Bath Planet expensive?
Bath Planet does not disclose prices on its website. Customer reviews suggest that Bath Planet is affordably priced.
Who owns Bath Planet?
Bath Planet is a part of BCI Acrylic Inc. This company is owned by Scott Rosenbach, who is also the company president.
Where is Bath Planet available?
Bath Planet has locations in 44 states. You can use the website’s locator to find the Bath Planet dealer closest to you.
Does Bath Planet do shower stalls?
Bath Planet installs shower stalls. Customers can purchase shower bases, wall liners or surrounds and shower doors.
What is the average cost of a Bath Planet conversion from tub to shower?
The cost of converting a tub to a shower varies based on certain factors, including your door choice, shelving, lighting and ceiling. The average cost ranges from $1,200 to $3,600.

Is Bath Planet worth it?

Bath Planet is absolutely worth considering for your bathroom remodels or renovations. The company has consistently high reviews from customers and overall low costs, although you won’t know your pricing until you request a quote. Overall, Bath Planet has a great reputation and a wide variety of services. It’s definitely worth the time it takes to call and get a free quote for your renovation options.

Bath Planet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Original review: May 16, 2022

They damaged my Floor during installation. Tried contacting the salesman Alex who said not his responsibility. Tried contacting the installer Brian with response. Tried contacting customer service with no response. This was a lot of money to end up with a damaged floor. Also a lot of money to be blown off and ignored. Makes me concerned about the warranty.

Bath Planet response

Dan, we understand you are upset with the communication with one of our affiliated dealers. We will be contacting them about this to get that communication running smoothly again and resolve this issue.

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I inquired about what a ballpark cost might be to remodel a bathroom. I know it can be a competitor of theirs however I just wanted a ballpark'. Not an exact amount. I said that on their online form too. They call you on the phone and the rep asks you a lot of questions (how old is the house, any work previously done) which is fine. They need to visit your residence to give look at the project to provide a quote. However, they ask that all principals (owner of the residence) be in attendance when they come to your house to look over the project. This is a high-pressure sales tactic done as they do not want to leave your residence without a signed contract. This way you cannot say "Oh, I need to ask my and get their opinion." The actual work appears to be subcontracted out. I could go to a big box hardware store, purchase everything I need and pick a name from the contractor bulletin board just as well. Be careful out there.

Sue,

Thank you for reaching out. Since we customize every bathroom that we remodel to that individual owner’s wants and needs, it is impossible to give even a ballpark estimate over the phone, there are just too many variables. Also, without conducting an onsite bath inspection of the wet area to determine the condition of the walls, substrate, and plumbing, it is impossible to determine what costs will be involved in potential mold remediation, bringing antiquated plumbing up to current plumbing codes, and applying for permits etc. Any attempt to try to “ballpark” a custom bath remodel by going in blind, would result in an unfair quote to both parties.

It is to the benefit of all parties to have everyone who uses the bathroom participate in the onsite bath design. There will be several decisions regarding colors and patterns, fixtures, storage accessories, location of grab bars, shower heads, shelves, shower doors and hardware that will require the input of everyone who uses that bath. This is not a “high pressure tactic” as you put it, quite to the contrary, we want to get the feedback of everyone, so we don’t have to keep returning to the home to go over all of the options a second and third time with other family members.

Additionally, Bath Planet uses only the finest high tech polymer materials that will stand the test of time and are not available at any of the big box stores that you suggest. These materials have a 30-plus year life expectancy and include a limited lifetime warranty and are backed by the Good Housekeeping Seal. We have currently remodeled several hundred thousand bathrooms with these products while maintaining an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau.

Finally, Bath Planet products can only be installed by factory trained and certified installers. This is the only way to maintain the integrity of the installation. Therefore, we do not subcontract any work done with our products.

Thank you again for your feedback and please contact us if you have any remaining inquiries.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

The first contact was 11/2021, I called several times that they had not forgotten (ok holidays, weather). Well January still no product, have not forgot. We finally got an installation date February 17th & 18th. Made arrangements for me to be away. When returning 19th husband advised that the wrong sized was order and the floor pan could not fit. My husband and I are seniors, we thought we had made a wise decision, because of my knees not able to lift leg. We called and could not give us an answer as to when it would get here, they did put a rush.

We have been taking baths and doing sponge for 11 days. We even joined YMCA to take showers there. Today it's Monday February 28 and we are still out a shower. They did say that if we went to hotel, they would reimburse me (we have a dog) so they would deduct from our bill. If it takes this long to get something done. I may not see that money until months later, I am sorry that we did not do homework, and check this company. This was a two- days JOB

Bath Planet response

We are sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with one of our affiliated dealers. We will take a look and make sure that they have made an order for your parts. We are glad that they are offering you a hotel and staying in contact with you through the process. If we get any information that your dealer has not made you aware of we will respond in private messages going forward to keep you updated.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Worst installation job ever. Bath Planet installer came in on Saturday February 12, 2022 to install our shower enclosure taking out old tub, putting up new shower surround, base doors, and hardware. 1. WORSE caulking job I ever seen. Caulk goes anywhere from even to 1" not to say on shower glass doors, wooden window frame, on the ceiling, floor. Inside trim of doors, cracked old tile outside the new surround, parts do not match up evenly. Then to top it off water leaked into basement. Called company on Monday 2/14/22 asking to speak to Sales manager. Told that I had to go through installation manager, told the lady I wanted to speak to both manager and to come to my home and see the lousy job they did,

In the meantime I had my bank hold payment on the final check. The installation manager couldn't get out until Thursday the 17th. After speaking to them a few times they would send the installer out that night after he finished his job. (Never Came) A plumber came that evening fixed the leak, nothing else. Tuesday we received a call from the billing department asking if we had a problem that we stopped payment on the check, explained to her it has be released but we still have issues that NO ONE is addressing She said that someone would call on Wednesday Feb 16th to discuss the problems. We told her that Wednesday would be no good as I was having surgery she said she would note it and someone would reach out on Thursday,

Well week later Thursday 2/24/22 and no one has attempted to call us back, How many calls do we need to make? Bath Planet knows we are not happy and they're avoiding us completely. The Sale representative, sales manager, installer and installation manager needs to look at this crappy work and fix it. It looks awful, for the amount we paid we should get something more professional, A new installation of a new system or a refund with a signed paper that they will still honor their warranty should be applied. They need to make this right. They're so proud of their Seal from the Better Home and Garden Approval. Save your $$$ and go somewhere else. See pictures more pictures are available.

Bath Planet response

Hello Russ, thank you for making us aware of your experience with one of our affiliated dealers. We will be reaching out to them on your behalf to see if we can get some resolution here. We will contact you with any further updates through private messages.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I had two bathtub and shower replacements done by Bath Planet in the Dallas area. I was very disappointed at the quality of the workmanship and materials. For example, the caulking was thick, very sloppy and did not match. The tub spout was plastic instead of chrome. I spent about $18,000 for Bath Planet to do this work. I am now going to have to go back and replace the caulking and hardware myself. I was also concerned that all of the copper plumbing was removed and replaced with some kind of plastic tubing. I raised all of these concerns to the installer and company representative but no action was taken to resolve the issues. I deeply regret using this company.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

We have had 2 contracts for walk in showers. One 4/2021 and one 11/2021 because we moved. First contract had some issues but the second totally unacceptable. Mismatched grab bar (doesn't even match the color in the contract). Grab bar crooked. Shower handle protrudes too far because they put a 2x4 behind it. Ryan (installer) cut a 14X8 inch hold in the floor so the drain area is weak, making it unsafe. Jimmy caulked a 2x4 under it trying to hold it up, not acceptable. Used clear silicone without cleaning off the drain plate or edge of shower door and now looks like crap. We had people working on cement in the basement. No response from Chris after 3 emails and when he finally did respond, didn't follow up as he said. This cost us over $20,000 with both of them. Go elsewhere, you'll be glad you did.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Signed contract 9/16/21. Didn't hear from them until I contacted BBB of Atlanta. Asked for refund, was refused. They still have my money, I don't want them near my property, not to be trusted. The Owner Daniel ** informed me my bank would refund my money. How does he know that. Probably had prior experiences.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with one of our affiliated dealers. Each of our dealers are independently owned and operated, so reaching out to them first was the best course of action. If you need further assistance making contact with them we can try to bridge that gap. We will message you more privately.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Do not go to this company to get a bathroom shower install no contact with you and not very good customer service and they want a very large "deposit" for their product upfront to build, went to their Novi Mall store front, set appt, they sent a rep out from Grand Rapids, July 20,2021, did a contract gave him a very large deposit, he said probably not until Mid November, we call today just before Christmas, our rep is no longer with the company, and we needed to call on the other side of the state that was of course much closer to us in the first place... by the Novi Mall store, still no dates as to when we could expect any type of date... Not sure why we need to call as the customer, and this is not very good business taking so much money if you cannot get your product, would like very much to speak with the owner about this.

Yvonne,

Thank you for reaching out to our manufacturing office. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with one of our affiliated dealers. We will send you a private message with more information to assist your situation.

-Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They do not vet their contractors. They just hire them, give them a big bonus and send them out to Botch consumers' bathrooms. I asked to be let out of my contract when they didn't have enough installers. I was told that couldn't happen. Now I am stuck with the ugliest shower.

The first contractor did the demolition and apparently then didn't know how to install the plumbing nor drywall to get ready for the acrylic walls. Another contractor started three days later. This contractor and his team Austin were the absolute worst. They couldn't put my shower door together, they did the worst caulk job, they did not connect any of the plumbing but they installed the shower walls anyway. They used so much caulk to hide their errors. I complained about the job half way through and they allowed the same contractor to continue with the project. The general manager Darren wanted to sign off on the project as complete.

We used the shower one day and the water leaked all into the kitchen the drain was not connected at all. The water came straight from the shower pan because their incompetent contractors didn't think to connect the drain pipe which caused damage to my new cabinets. To this day my shower head hangs and has not been installed correctly 08/17/21.

This company is the worst company that I have ever worked for. They botch your house and then have the nerve to be rude and nasty to you and they don't take accountability for anything that they do. I just moved into my townhouse 5 months ago. I wanted a new shower and they have screwed up my bathroom so bad I am going to have to pay to have someone else put in my shower. Bath Planet doesn't pull the proper permits. Buyer beware. You will be screwed royally and then threatened afterwards.

Original review: July 16, 2021

My husband and I signed a contract and paid a down payment in March to take out our tub and replace it with a shower. We were told and it states in our contract that the work would begin in 8-10 weeks. A couple of weeks before the work should have started, I received a call from Derek stating that “due to production delays” our work would be delayed about 4 additional weeks. Ok fine. Well now we are at almost double what we were originally told. We never hear anything unless we initiate the contact, and even then sometimes may or may not get a return call. It always “two more weeks”. I think it may be time to cancel and find a new contractor.

Tanya,

Thank you for reaching out to Bath Planet Manufacturing office. On our behalf we want to let

you know we understand your disposition and want to apologize for your experience. For further assistance in a resolve please reach out to our consumer relations representative at 847-496-1782. Happy to help.

- Bath Planet Corporate