4.3/5 (671 ratings)

About Bath Planet

Bath Planet is a bathroom remodeling company that offers a variety of services for consumers interested in a bathroom upgrade. The company specializes in fast installations and includes a limited lifetime warranty on its products.

Pros

• Fast renovation process
  • High customer service ratings
  • Limited lifetime warranty

Cons

• No pricing information online
  • Order to installation can take time

Bottom Line

Bath Planet is a bathroom renovation and remodeling service. Its products come with a lifetime warranty. One-day installation is available.

Bath Planet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bath Planet?

Original review: June 1, 2022

We bought two shower installations from Bath Planet. The quality of work was decent. We got them installed and we weren't super satisfied with them. We felt like they looked a little bit cheap. So, we kind of regretted going with the cheaper option. We wish that we had gone with regular tile instead of the bath inlay. What we didn't like was the limitations of materials that we could choose. Ultimately, we ended up having to have our installers come back several times to fix issues that we found with the shower installation. So, the installation process was a bit frustrating. I wouldn't recommend Bath Planet. It wasn't the quality of the material. It has nothing to do with the process or the people we've worked with. We just didn’t choose correctly for our house, unfortunately.

Bath Planet response

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our product, but we are very thankful for your honest opinion on our material. We always want our customers to have the bathroom of their dreams. We hope your new showers at least serve you well. Again, we want to thank you for your honesty.

Original review: May 19, 2022

The people at Bath Planet are super nice, at first. They came and installed the shower in one day, and the shower is great. The installers were very professional and cleaned up. The problem came when they were done. They had chipped two of our tile up against the tub, but didn't inform us of the damage. They proceeded to caulk over the top of the broken tile, so now they cannot be replaced. Then, oddly, they were adamant on hanging our shower curtain. We now feel like this was a way to distract our eyes away from the damage. If we had known of the damage, I could have patched the tile before they caulked. Now, their customer service refuses to fix the tile, to pay for fixing the tile, and is not interested in rectifying the situation at all.

There is a part of the contract that you sign saying they may break some tile, but they assure you this hardly ever happens. "Our guys are super careful" they say. DO NOT SIGN THE TILE RELEASE! They will break your tile, and leave you to fix it, costing possibly hundreds of dollars. I do not recommend Bath Planet of Arkansas. They are liars, and will not stand behind what they say. They can come in to your home, damage something of yours, and walk out the door without any responsibility at all.

Original review: May 16, 2022

They damaged my Floor during installation. Tried contacting the salesman Alex who said not his responsibility. Tried contacting the installer Brian with response. Tried contacting customer service with no response. This was a lot of money to end up with a damaged floor. Also a lot of money to be blown off and ignored. Makes me concerned about the warranty.

Bath Planet response

Dan, we understand you are upset with the communication with one of our affiliated dealers. We will be contacting them about this to get that communication running smoothly again and resolve this issue.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I inquired about what a ballpark cost might be to remodel a bathroom. I know it can be a competitor of theirs however I just wanted a ballpark'. Not an exact amount. I said that on their online form too. They call you on the phone and the rep asks you a lot of questions (how old is the house, any work previously done) which is fine. They need to visit your residence to give look at the project to provide a quote. However, they ask that all principals (owner of the residence) be in attendance when they come to your house to look over the project. This is a high-pressure sales tactic done as they do not want to leave your residence without a signed contract. This way you cannot say "Oh, I need to ask my and get their opinion." The actual work appears to be subcontracted out. I could go to a big box hardware store, purchase everything I need and pick a name from the contractor bulletin board just as well. Be careful out there.

Sue,

Thank you for reaching out. Since we customize every bathroom that we remodel to that individual owner’s wants and needs, it is impossible to give even a ballpark estimate over the phone, there are just too many variables. Also, without conducting an onsite bath inspection of the wet area to determine the condition of the walls, substrate, and plumbing, it is impossible to determine what costs will be involved in potential mold remediation, bringing antiquated plumbing up to current plumbing codes, and applying for permits etc. Any attempt to try to “ballpark” a custom bath remodel by going in blind, would result in an unfair quote to both parties.

It is to the benefit of all parties to have everyone who uses the bathroom participate in the onsite bath design. There will be several decisions regarding colors and patterns, fixtures, storage accessories, location of grab bars, shower heads, shelves, shower doors and hardware that will require the input of everyone who uses that bath. This is not a “high pressure tactic” as you put it, quite to the contrary, we want to get the feedback of everyone, so we don’t have to keep returning to the home to go over all of the options a second and third time with other family members.

Additionally, Bath Planet uses only the finest high tech polymer materials that will stand the test of time and are not available at any of the big box stores that you suggest. These materials have a 30-plus year life expectancy and include a limited lifetime warranty and are backed by the Good Housekeeping Seal. We have currently remodeled several hundred thousand bathrooms with these products while maintaining an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau.

Finally, Bath Planet products can only be installed by factory trained and certified installers. This is the only way to maintain the integrity of the installation. Therefore, we do not subcontract any work done with our products.

Thank you again for your feedback and please contact us if you have any remaining inquiries.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

The first contact was 11/2021, I called several times that they had not forgotten (ok holidays, weather). Well January still no product, have not forgot. We finally got an installation date February 17th & 18th. Made arrangements for me to be away. When returning 19th husband advised that the wrong sized was order and the floor pan could not fit. My husband and I are seniors, we thought we had made a wise decision, because of my knees not able to lift leg. We called and could not give us an answer as to when it would get here, they did put a rush.

We have been taking baths and doing sponge for 11 days. We even joined YMCA to take showers there. Today it's Monday February 28 and we are still out a shower. They did say that if we went to hotel, they would reimburse me (we have a dog) so they would deduct from our bill. If it takes this long to get something done. I may not see that money until months later, I am sorry that we did not do homework, and check this company. This was a two- days JOB

Bath Planet response

We are sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with one of our affiliated dealers. We will take a look and make sure that they have made an order for your parts. We are glad that they are offering you a hotel and staying in contact with you through the process. If we get any information that your dealer has not made you aware of we will respond in private messages going forward to keep you updated.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Worst installation job ever. Bath Planet installer came in on Saturday February 12, 2022 to install our shower enclosure taking out old tub, putting up new shower surround, base doors, and hardware. 1. WORSE caulking job I ever seen. Caulk goes anywhere from even to 1" not to say on shower glass doors, wooden window frame, on the ceiling, floor. Inside trim of doors, cracked old tile outside the new surround, parts do not match up evenly. Then to top it off water leaked into basement. Called company on Monday 2/14/22 asking to speak to Sales manager. Told that I had to go through installation manager, told the lady I wanted to speak to both manager and to come to my home and see the lousy job they did,

In the meantime I had my bank hold payment on the final check. The installation manager couldn't get out until Thursday the 17th. After speaking to them a few times they would send the installer out that night after he finished his job. (Never Came) A plumber came that evening fixed the leak, nothing else. Tuesday we received a call from the billing department asking if we had a problem that we stopped payment on the check, explained to her it has be released but we still have issues that NO ONE is addressing She said that someone would call on Wednesday Feb 16th to discuss the problems. We told her that Wednesday would be no good as I was having surgery she said she would note it and someone would reach out on Thursday,

Well week later Thursday 2/24/22 and no one has attempted to call us back, How many calls do we need to make? Bath Planet knows we are not happy and they're avoiding us completely. The Sale representative, sales manager, installer and installation manager needs to look at this crappy work and fix it. It looks awful, for the amount we paid we should get something more professional, A new installation of a new system or a refund with a signed paper that they will still honor their warranty should be applied. They need to make this right. They're so proud of their Seal from the Better Home and Garden Approval. Save your $$$ and go somewhere else. See pictures more pictures are available.

Bath Planet response

Hello Russ, thank you for making us aware of your experience with one of our affiliated dealers. We will be reaching out to them on your behalf to see if we can get some resolution here. We will contact you with any further updates through private messages.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I had two bathtub and shower replacements done by Bath Planet in the Dallas area. I was very disappointed at the quality of the workmanship and materials. For example, the caulking was thick, very sloppy and did not match. The tub spout was plastic instead of chrome. I spent about $18,000 for Bath Planet to do this work. I am now going to have to go back and replace the caulking and hardware myself. I was also concerned that all of the copper plumbing was removed and replaced with some kind of plastic tubing. I raised all of these concerns to the installer and company representative but no action was taken to resolve the issues. I deeply regret using this company.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

We have had 2 contracts for walk in showers. One 4/2021 and one 11/2021 because we moved. First contract had some issues but the second totally unacceptable. Mismatched grab bar (doesn't even match the color in the contract). Grab bar crooked. Shower handle protrudes too far because they put a 2x4 behind it. Ryan (installer) cut a 14X8 inch hold in the floor so the drain area is weak, making it unsafe. Jimmy caulked a 2x4 under it trying to hold it up, not acceptable. Used clear silicone without cleaning off the drain plate or edge of shower door and now looks like crap. We had people working on cement in the basement. No response from Chris after 3 emails and when he finally did respond, didn't follow up as he said. This cost us over $20,000 with both of them. Go elsewhere, you'll be glad you did.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Signed contract 9/16/21. Didn't hear from them until I contacted BBB of Atlanta. Asked for refund, was refused. They still have my money, I don't want them near my property, not to be trusted. The Owner Daniel ** informed me my bank would refund my money. How does he know that. Probably had prior experiences.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with one of our affiliated dealers. Each of our dealers are independently owned and operated, so reaching out to them first was the best course of action. If you need further assistance making contact with them we can try to bridge that gap. We will message you more privately.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Do not go to this company to get a bathroom shower install no contact with you and not very good customer service and they want a very large "deposit" for their product upfront to build, went to their Novi Mall store front, set appt, they sent a rep out from Grand Rapids, July 20,2021, did a contract gave him a very large deposit, he said probably not until Mid November, we call today just before Christmas, our rep is no longer with the company, and we needed to call on the other side of the state that was of course much closer to us in the first place... by the Novi Mall store, still no dates as to when we could expect any type of date... Not sure why we need to call as the customer, and this is not very good business taking so much money if you cannot get your product, would like very much to speak with the owner about this.

Yvonne,

Thank you for reaching out to our manufacturing office. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with one of our affiliated dealers. We will send you a private message with more information to assist your situation.

-Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I requested for a quote to upgrade my bathrooms and break some walls to open the space and add a closet. They showed up on time, very professional and considerate. Gave me the quote in couple weeks. The project was on-time, on-budget, meticulous and came out beautifully. I can't say enough good things about working with Bath Planet team. I will definitely be using them again for my next project without hesitation.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for the five star rating with Bath Planet of North Georgia! Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you love your new bathroom. We can't wait to deliver that same service for your next project whenever you are ready.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They do not vet their contractors. They just hire them, give them a big bonus and send them out to Botch consumers' bathrooms. I asked to be let out of my contract when they didn't have enough installers. I was told that couldn't happen. Now I am stuck with the ugliest shower.

The first contractor did the demolition and apparently then didn't know how to install the plumbing nor drywall to get ready for the acrylic walls. Another contractor started three days later. This contractor and his team Austin were the absolute worst. They couldn't put my shower door together, they did the worst caulk job, they did not connect any of the plumbing but they installed the shower walls anyway. They used so much caulk to hide their errors. I complained about the job half way through and they allowed the same contractor to continue with the project. The general manager Darren wanted to sign off on the project as complete.

We used the shower one day and the water leaked all into the kitchen the drain was not connected at all. The water came straight from the shower pan because their incompetent contractors didn't think to connect the drain pipe which caused damage to my new cabinets. To this day my shower head hangs and has not been installed correctly 08/17/21.

This company is the worst company that I have ever worked for. They botch your house and then have the nerve to be rude and nasty to you and they don't take accountability for anything that they do. I just moved into my townhouse 5 months ago. I wanted a new shower and they have screwed up my bathroom so bad I am going to have to pay to have someone else put in my shower. Bath Planet doesn't pull the proper permits. Buyer beware. You will be screwed royally and then threatened afterwards.

Original review: July 16, 2021

My husband and I signed a contract and paid a down payment in March to take out our tub and replace it with a shower. We were told and it states in our contract that the work would begin in 8-10 weeks. A couple of weeks before the work should have started, I received a call from Derek stating that “due to production delays” our work would be delayed about 4 additional weeks. Ok fine. Well now we are at almost double what we were originally told. We never hear anything unless we initiate the contact, and even then sometimes may or may not get a return call. It always “two more weeks”. I think it may be time to cancel and find a new contractor.

Tanya,

you know we understand your disposition and want to apologize for your experience. For further assistance in a resolve please reach out to our consumer relations representative at 847-496-1782. Happy to help.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 30, 2021

After our tub to shower conversion we had one small issue to resolve with the company….3 months ago. Despite weekly, then daily, phone calls and a few emails to try to resolve this issue, we have not heard back even once. Now we have another issue that we’d like to schedule someone to fix but we do not hold out ANY HOPE of getting anywhere with this company. If you’re considering Bath Planet for your remodel, the price will lure you in but the follow up will make you want to tear your hair out.

Bath Planet response

Thank you for reaching out to Bath Planet Manufacturing office. On our behalf we want to let you know we understand your disposition and want to apologize for your experience - Please contact our consumer relations representative here to better assist you in a resolve. Phone is 847-496-1782. Thank you for your time and awareness to your experience.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 28, 2021

My husband Chad and I went with Bath Planet back in April. My husband had talked with a rep, Chris W. about doing drywall, a bathtub/shower combo, and tiling the floor. He was told verbally that this would be in the contract. The agreed upon pricing was 9500. Well, when he signed the contract, it was actually for a bathtub/shower install and tile install (we buy the tile) only. He didn't read what the rep, Chris, had written. He just trusted that what he wrote down was what they had talked about.

When another rep came to take pictures, he mentioned the drywall. We said we thought this was in the contract? He said no. He also stated that it will be a 10 week projected start date. We had already put down a 50% cash deposit at this point. We were able to negotiate with our rep, Chris, but it took weeks! My husband was the one who had to keep calling him, and when he did finally reach him, he gave every excuse from a "tire blowout" to "death in the family".

We finally were able to renegotiate and sign another contract. This time, they said that they would do the drywall and leave out the tile installation. We agreed to re-sign a new contract. Again, if we had decided to cancel with them, they would get to keep 3k (33%) of the money we already gave them. Well, we waited.

Did not hear from the company until almost ten weeks later. Near the projected START DATE. The message we received was a phone call from a scheduler, Victoria. She called to say that the materials would not even SHIP until July 22. They then would need to be inspected, and that there is no projected start date yet. We signed the contract on April 13. Given the poor communication both with the initial contract, and not calling us about the delay until the projected start date, we want to go ahead and just pay the 3k to get out of the contract.

My husband is going to talk to a rep in the cancelation department on Monday. He had tried yesterday, but big surprise, no one was there to speak with him that day. We are just so frustrated! Obviously we are paying 3k of our hard earned savings (we are healthcare workers) to a horrible company for doing absolutely nothing in return, just for us to have the ability to leave. It is just so frustrating to blow that much money, but we are so scared that if we don't, thing will get way worse with them. We have already reported them to the Better Business Bureau, so I am hoping we will get a better response, there.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Bath Planet Corporate Office. On our behalf we want to let

Please contact our consumer relations representative at 847-496-1782 for further assistance in a resolve. Thank you for your time. We look forward to helping you.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: June 1, 2021

Too many problems. Not satisfied. Don't waste your money. Very disturbing they don't get back to you. They came back several times and still not satisfied. Very disrespectful. Installation very sloppy.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Do yourself a favor and get a trusted general contractor to install a shower for you the right way: HardieBacker board + a waterproofing membrane like Schluter's KERDI, and get onyx or similar panels installed for a smooth grout-free shower. Even if the surface isn't 100% water proof, the membrane sure as heck is. With this product you'll wait 6 months for this flimsy plastic to be installed, which is only sturdy if it is perfectly bonded to the drywall underneath. With my luck you'll get the B-crew that screws everything up resulting in plastic panels popping off the wall, along with the usual incompetent mistakes like plumbing leaks. The only real water proofing is the plastic and the caulk at the corners, which even with plastic strips behind the corners, this is nothing close to a water proof membrane installed on cement backer board. Given you'll pay 5-10k for this, you can do so much better for your money.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

We called Bath Planet's rep and things worked out well. The only thing that took long was to get the product. Once we signed paper, it was 12 weeks to the week that they were there to install it. They did a bathroom remodel for us. The installers were there at 8 o'clock in the morning and they were out at 1:30. They took the old bathroom and tub out and replaced my pipe. They cut the pipe halfway and put the showerhead on that. They also reinstalled the walls they had put in.

The quality of work is pretty nice and all of it is guaranteed for life. But I'm gonna have them come back in because there's a corner they missed to caulk. Bath Planet is good but I don't know if a lot of people can afford them. What they did for me for five hours was $8,000. I've gotten bids to do my other bathroom and they're down to $3,000. Other than that, this has been a great experience with Bath Planet.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Somebody from Bath Planet called us and it happened to be the right time. We kind of appreciate the initiative for the call and they gave us what we wanted for the price we wanted. The installation was great. The workers were very respectful of social distance, mask and cleanliness. They were very expedient too. They were done in a day and a half and the workmanship was great. My only complaint was that I did want a white tub. That was one of the changes that we had made. It's not white but it still looks good in there so it's fine. We're happy with the end product. I like the size. It was the biggest one that we could get in our space and everything looks so clean and nice. We also got a handle to hang onto getting in and out of the tub because we're getting close to 70. We had one of the little shelves where you can put soap added and a cubbyhole. It was an excellent experience. It was satisfying and enjoyable.

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for the 5 star rating with Bath Planet of Portland! Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you are liking the end result of your tub replacement.

-Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Originally, Bath Planet had someone schedule my appointment, but then he canceled. His mom was sick in the hospital and he never got back to me, so I was going to go to some other company. But then, they called to follow up and I told them the situation. They said, “We'll give you a really nice discount as an apology for his handling of your project.” So, I gave them another chance. They did the tub and they redid the wall behind it. The installation was good. But I noticed that they scuffed up my doorframe and a little on the walls. There also might be some putty or caulking residue still left on it. That was a little bit of a bummer. I wish that they would have cleaned up some of the scuffs that they left in my bathroom. But they did a good job overall. The quality is very good too. It's holding up so far and the tub is very sturdy.

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the 4 star rating with Bath Planet Portland! Pleasure doing business with you. Thank you for giving us a second chance. Sorry to hear about the caulk residue still left, and your door frame being scuffed. We will take this into consideration for our next job. Happy to hear you are satisfied otherwise.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

We wanted a new shower and a new bathtub put in our main bathroom. I went in to find out who was available to do that work locally. Bath Planet's name come up with good ratings that's why I went with them. The people from Miller Home Renovations doing the work were great. They were clean and quiet. They took away all of the debris. It was a good experience for us. However, the materials used was not up to the standard that had been sold. We're very unhappy with the job because of that. The materials they used reduced our water flow to a substandard level. My wife cannot draw her bathwater and get it to where she likes it before the water gets cold. I was told that the faucet going to the bathtub was only for one and a half gallons per minute. That's also substandard. Also, we don't have a shower connected in any way with that bathtub. The water faucet putting the water into the tub has a shutoff valve on the top for a shower so we should've not had that.

Make sure the heat duct to be moved is done prior to the installation. That was covered in the contract but they didn't do it. Therefore, my flooring has not been repaired yet 'cause they couldn't do it at the time of installation of the shower and tub until the heat duct was moved. They had from September the 6th until installation in December to get that heat duct moved.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Purchasing from Bath Planet went well. We knew that we wanted to get it and the rep was trying to go through his spiel and sell his product. We wanted him to get down to the nuts and bolts of it. He wasn't quite comfortable with doing that but we finally convinced him to do it. We didn't care about the product but we just wanted to see what the end results were gonna be. My mother-in-law is 84 years old and we wanted to convert her bathroom that's off her bedroom to be easy for her. She loves it. It's very easy for her to use and very pleasurable, which was why we did it. The installers did a good job. The only thing that was a little perplexing was when it came to installing the safety bars. They asked where I wanted them. Maybe it was something that you need to customize but Bath Planet should have a standardized thing on where you put them and how you put them in.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for the 4 star rating with Bath planet Portland! Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear your experience with getting your Mother-in-laws bathroom easier for her to use went well.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I liked the Bath Planet salesperson that was sent out. We went through samples and textures and he was able to give us exactly what we wanted. He was very informative and able to answer all of our questions and helped negotiate a price that we were willing to pay. We paid about $1,000 more than we wanted because we really liked him. The installation team put in a tub and shower and they were in and out in about six hours. I really like the work that was done. I like that it looks way better than the old, dingy unit that we used to have. It's easier to clean. The most important thing to me is my wife loves it. Happy wife, happy life.

Hello,

Thank you for the 5 star rating with Bath Planet Portland. Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear your experience with us went well and you love the product.

-Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

The first company I looked at told me that they couldn't change the drain. Bath Planet came in and said they could do everything including upgrading the plumbing and the wall. We were able to go through all the samples and make good choice. I had a knee replacement and a hip replacement. It was awful hard for me to crawl over the bathtub to take the shower and I hardly ever use the bathtub. I had it taken out and Bath Planet put in a shower.

They made one mistake during the installation. The water was hooked up in reverse. The cold was hot and the hot was cold. When I called back about the problem, they got somebody else that day and fixed it. I had a good time with the people that came out and did it. I would highly recommend them because they came in and did an excellent job. They cleaned up after themselves and really gave me a nice choice. I didn't go with a glass door because I couldn't afford another $1,000. But I managed to order a longer shower curtain for the shower and that seems to work really fine.

I found out later that the guy didn't allow me the option that the base would look like the walls. I'm happy with what I got but I wish I would have had that option. I also wish I would have known more about the financing. It seems a little high at 14%. The cost that Bath Planet charged me was 5,000 something but by the time that they added all the finances, it ended up being 7,900. I wish I would have a chance to go see about privately financing it with another company.

Hello Larry,

Thank you for your 5 star rating with Bath Planet of Portland. Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you were satisfied with our work for the tub to shower conversion.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

My wife said everything went okay. We had to call Bath Planet back because there was a bit of caulking that was left out on the outside steam, so they had to come and fill that in. The only thing I don't like is the showerhead. The showerhead they put on doesn't have as much water pressure as it used to have. I would have chosen a different showerhead or one with the regular shower and then one on a hose. Other than that, we're pleased with it. The cost was comparable to the work.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

The representatives at Bath Planet were very nice people. Everything was great. The product looks great and the installers did a great job.

Hello Tina,

Thank you for the 5 star rating with Bath Planet Portland! Pleasure doing business with you.

- Thank you in advance for any future referrals you may bring us.

- Bath planet Corporate

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I made my purchase with Bath Planet in August. I had to call and bug them in October 'cause I hadn't heard a word out of them about a date for installation. It was in late October that my walk-in shower was installed. Their installation team was great. They replaced my bathtub with a walk-in shower. I have carpet in my bathroom so the shower they installed had a couple of inches less depth than what the bathtub had. So, there were a couple of inches of bare floor between the carpet and the new shower. The installers put in a cheap piece of wood. I'm not happy with that and I need something waterproof there. The owner said he would take care of it but he hasn't and I haven't heard a word.

When I first purchased, I gave Bath Planet $5,000 cash as I didn't want to give them the whole amount before my system was installed The rest of the cost, they put on an interest-free loan. When the installers finished they wanted the money I financed. I said that I had already financed it. I paid the loan off and the owner called me saying he was disappointed that I had done that for some strange reason.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I went to the Better Business Bureau and asked for bathroom remodels. I got three quotes. We thought Bath Planet would be a good way to go and a lot of the reason was Tyler. He was really nice when he came out. I liked him and his demeanor. He wasn't high-pressure and he didn't try to sell me anything that I didn't want. He asked me exactly what I wanted, how much money I have to spend, and told me he could do it for me. He explained everything about the product to us. He told us that they stand behind everything and that they were local. They have a place at the Park Plaza.

We purchased a bathtub, bath surround, wainscoting, and flooring. Shane was our man that installed everything and we were extremely pleased with him. He was really nice and he did a good job. He replaced everything. We provided the vanity toilet and he hooked all that stuff up too. But I need him to come back out and recaulk some of it because it had seeped in. My house is really old.

Other than that, everything is great and we love our bathroom. The bath is so pretty and my daughter really likes the shelving in the bath. Everybody was very polite, really nice, and accommodating. They said I could just call over anything like the caulking and they would come and touch it up. Overall, our bathroom looks fantastic and we're super pleased.

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for the five star rating with Bath Planet Arkansas! Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you love your new bathroom.

- Bath Planet Corporate

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I'm 74 and I needed more of a shower situation than a tub. I have a place where I go to church and my friend, Kelly, had Bath Planet do two projects in their home. I went with her recommendation and I had them come out and give me a bid. The installation went fine and the product is excellent. It has great building materials and it’s all made in the USA which is what I was looking for. All that kind of stuff, I'm happy with. Bath Planet did a good job for Kelly and for me.

The only thing I'm dissatisfied with is their communication and not finishing putting the bath vents in. They were terrible at returning phone calls. They don't do that promptly. They put in the shower on November 18, 19, and 20. I called on the 20th because they didn't get the bath vents. I left a message but nobody called me back. I take care of my elderly folks so I haven't gotten the time to tinker around with people not calling me back. I finally called them this week and they still haven't called me. They need to up their game for returning phone calls. We own a business so I know what that means. Our business line does not have any message machine. When people are asking for our service, a lot of times, it's very important or an emergency. Therefore, it's important for them to get a live person all the time.

I paid more to have them do the vents. I need to have the bath vents in because my others don’t suck air. The guy who came out said that they would do it when they installed my shower. But the young man there said no and that that I had to call and have somebody else come out from there and do that, which I thought was weird. The part they didn't finish is not part of the shower. It's part of the bathroom but I don't know what kind of distinctions they make with that and why it had to be done by somebody else.

Initially, the installers were going to take two days, Wednesday and Thursday. But because my pipes are old or need to be redone, the installer had a hard time with the sink which wasn't even part of the remodel. He went above and beyond in looking at that. They also snaked the drain of my bathtub when I had the bathtub. On the whole, the guys were nice and very polite. But the job's not done until everything I paid for is done.

Hello Jane,

Thank you for the 3 star rating with Bath Planet Portland. Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you are satisfied with your shower. Thank you for notifying us of your lack of communication and sorry to hear you experienced this. We will take this into consideration for future reference.

- Bath Planet Corporate.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

We had our master bath remodeled and we were happy with the work Bath Planet did. So, when we had our guest’s bath remodeled this time, we called them back. The rep was very good. But we were surprised to hear from the workers when they were here that he was fired. We asked about him because he was so nice. We had them install a tub with handles. They took out the old tub and there was tile around it. They removed the tile and put up new sheetrock. We picked up a medicine chest and a new light, and they also installed those for us.

The installation team was very courteous. They were thoughtful because of the COVID, they wore masks. It was an inclement day, we live up in the hills, 1000 foot elevation and it was raining and blowing, and they asked if they could use our garage for cutting their materials. Of course, we said fine. And they left it clean. They had tarps down on our carpeting and cleaned everything up. The wife is very happy. We're in our 70s and she was diagnosed with cancer in July and she needed the safety bars. She's going through chemo right now and glad to have those installed.

Hello rod,

Thank you for the 5 star rating with Bath Planet Portland. Pleasure doing business with you. Happy to hear you are happy with the install. Wish your wife a safe recovery.

Bath Planet Company Information