4.55/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 29, 2018

48 Arm & Hammer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 29, 2018

I was a faithful Tide user, a former employee of Procter and Gamble and continue to use their products because they are a great company to work for. After going through a divorce and struggling financially I purchased Arm and Hammer because of the price only! I love the product and will continue to purchase this product because of the great results I have gotten.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I use Arm & Hammer because it has value and it works. My clothes smell clean and fresh. I like the pods vs liquid because it's so convenient.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 26, 2018

Arm & Hammer does the job at an affordable price. I have never used more expensive brands so I can't say how it compares. But for my family it does well. We are dairy farmers so our clothes get very dirty.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Arm &Hammer is very good. It cleans well and the price is so much better than the others. My clothes' smell and stains come out. It's a very good detergent getting clothes smelling and bright.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My wife is a stickler for brand. The only one she would use is Tide, which I think is most expensive. I brought home another brand one time she would not use it. She then went out and bought Tide. Well what I did to prove a point without her knowing it I put another brand which was much cheaper and replaced it in the Tide box. She used the entire box with no bad outcome. We now use the much cheaper brand and she's happy. I think that should prove something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arm & Hammer?

Original review: March 22, 2018

It's cheap and has oxiclean. Can't tell any difference in the cleanliness of my clothes so why pay more for the other brands. I also buy a cheap fabric softener and dryer sheets for scent. The smell lasts just as long as the more expensive ones.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I don't like to use a laundry detergent with fragrance, kind of makes me ill, and that not why I buy it. I don't like the detergents that have bleach in them either.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I love Arm & Hammer detergent but the only problem I encounter is that it needs to have a push valve instead of the normal opening at the top of the container.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I use this product because it's not as harsh on the environment. It's more bio friendly. Also, the cost is great and it does a great job in cleaning my clothes.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I use Arm & Hammer because it is free of dyes and fragrance for my husband's laundry. It's also a great value. You can do a lot of laundry with one container.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I use unscented products, often my clothes don't smell clean after washing, but with the Arm & Hammer they always come back clean, in this case with zero scent. For a person with allergies & fragrance sensitivity that is very important to me.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I think Arm & Hammer detergent is GREAT! I like the size (the biggest one available) as it compares to the cost. It's a great deal for the money -- especially my money.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Have used Arm and Hammer for years. Have always found it to be a great value as well as an extremely good detergent. Has awesome scent without paying a lot of cents!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I love The Arm and Hammer Scent free. I have sensitive skin that reacts to fragrances. The price is reasonable and carried at a wide variety of stores. I recommend this product to all my friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Love it and I'm not allergic to it. And it get the job done and smells great. I like the OxiClean added to the detergent because it helps get my things out. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have used A&H for the past 15 years and I'm very pleased with it. I started off using powdered but used liquid when I saw it. I prefer the liquid which comes with different smells and is allergy free.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

This is a detergent that I use most often. The baby Arm & Hammer with the OxiClean in. I find that it does an excellent job on all of my clothes even in cold water.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

This detergent was wonderful in getting my family's clothing clean and smelling good. It is as good or even better than any popular brand. I also liked the fact that this detergent is environmentally conscious to our planet. I am truly pleased with this product.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

The cost for the detergent is very important to me and I have found this in all sizes to be the most cost effective for the quality. My clothes are always clean and the smell is fresh. All my clothes come out bright and well washed looking. I always shop at Walmart so do not know what their cost is compared to other places but I would not change from Arm&Hammer unless there was another brand at a substantial savings. I do not try others on a "special" sale because I am happy with what I am using.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I like the way Arm & Hammer gets my clothes clean. I also like choice of scents to choose from. The price is a great value compared to other top brands. I have used other cheaper brands and find they do not get my clothes as clean as Arm & Hammer. Tide and Era are great detergents, but out of my price range and I find that Arm & Hammer cleans just as well as other costly brands.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Arm & Hammer is a great value compared to the other laundry detergents. The clothes come out clean regardless of the cycle that you're washing on. If there are stains it does an excellent job of getting them out.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I had been using Cheer, which was the best cleaning detergent on the market. The Cheer scent was good, not great. But I bought Arm & Hammer for the first time about 5 years ago. I used it a few times, then I developed a skin sensitivity and switched to All Clear. I have gone back with Arm & Hammer, Cheer is not offered in Sam's or Costco, so I get what they carry. I usually buy my detergent from Sam's because they seem to have better pricing and I do not like the Kirkland Brand, which Costco carries the most of. Adding the OxiClean to Arm & Hammer made a world of difference. I am currently through half of the large bottle and am satisfied so far.tisfied so far.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

It is a good bargain, is easier on environment, and gets clothes clean in cold water. I have been using it for many years and have not found a good reason to change.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I like Arm & Hammer detergent because it cleans the laundry and leave a pleasant scent. The free and clear is perfect for my son whom has sensitive skin.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have been using Arm & Hammer and it's not great on stains. But, I just learned that I'm allergic to it and this is what has been causing my skin to itch. So, there must be an allergen in it. Otherwise, I would continue to use because Arm and Hammer has a good reputation and the price is what I can afford.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Arm & Hammer does a great job of cleaning, we also add scented fabric softener to the wash to give it a boost as well. The price is great and the name carries a lot of clout.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I love the OxiClean Odor Blasters' smell and how it cleans even in cold water. I also use the dermatologist tested for Sensitive Skin and dye-free for baby and children's clothes.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Arm & Hammer is the best to use. Smells great and even cleans better than others I have used in the past, And the price is awesome. The cleanliness of my clothes are amazing.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Arm and Hammer cleans good for an off brand. Gain and Tide smell amazing and clean good but much more expensive. I like them all and use them all though...

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Absolutely love Arm and Hammer! This is by far the best laundry detergent for the cheap price and smells clean! Like actually clean. I have 5 bottles sitting in my closet because I stock up when they go on sale.

Arm & Hammer Company Information