4.47/5
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

66 Arm & Hammer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 4, 2018

I like Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. It gets my clothes clean. It keeps my clothes smelling fresh and I don't pay a lot to get my clothes clean and smelling fresh. Thank you Arm and Hammer laundry detergent.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have used Arm and Hammer for years, I love the way the clothes come out so clean and fresh, remind me of hanging them out on the line in the air to dry. Takes me back to my childhood with my grandma.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Arm & Hammer is satisfactory on mixed loads. It has good pricing and a good buy for family laundry. May need whitening component. I want no scent and that's what I get with this.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Developed rashes after switching from Wisk to Tide and Arm and Hammer. Never had a problem with Wisk. We cannot find Wisk at our local stores to our great dissatisfaction.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I like the way Arm & Hammer cleans and the fragrance left on the clothes smells great. It is not quite the bargain as other detergents but when coupons appear they make it a good deal. Therefore, I always look for coupons and use them and wish they appeared more regularly. I like the detergent and the only one I use in replacement is All.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arm & Hammer?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I tried the product when it was on sale. A 75 oz lavender scent at Smith's for 1.99 and I loved it ever since especially to wash my babies' clothing. It leaves a fresh clean smell and removes all the stubborn stains. I wish they had the lavender scent in bigger sizes.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We use Sensitive Skin/Fragrance/Dye free detergent. We like it and it seems to work well. However, I am terribly disappointed that it received such a low score from the EWG. I will find something else when this bottle is gone or better yet, begin making my own.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Seem to be experiencing certain reactions to your products. Appears to be acid in particular. Questioning whether it is your product or whether certain family members and others are putting acid in products I use. Are your products accredited??

Original review: May 10, 2018

Great price and above average quality. I buy the liquid and not the powder. I buy the largest size for the less cost per ounce. Okay - buy it, America.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Love that it comes in a large size with an easy to use dispenser for my front load washer. Also, having had problems in the past with the scents in other laundry detergents, this one has never been an issue.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Works wonderfully at a great price. I always used Tide but was rather expensive. I like a lot of scent in my laundry & this delivers. I have a 96 yr old mother that has lots of accidents & this detergent actually cleans them the first time. Wonderful product that does its job well!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I am surprised how well it cleans. It has OxiClean added. Gets stains out. Does really well with whites. My machine is a HE and clothes come out looking very clean.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Arm and Hammer detergent is my all-time favorite. It's very economical, smells great, and cleans better than any other. I have tried most other soaps but have for years used A&H. I have no complaints and will use it as long as they make it.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I feel the detergent is cheaper but it doesn't last as long as other detergents, it's kind of watery. I appreciate the ingredients, but sometimes wonder if cheaper isn't the best value if you're using it faster.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have asthma and allergies, so the unscented A&H detergent is awesome; no smell. It cleans well and it's inexpensive. Love the buy one get one sales.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Arm & Hammer is a good detergent for the money. I like their products. You will also like it. I also use their cat litter. Try it today for yourself and see how everything comes out.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Price is a factor, however, the fewer ingredients, the less of a "smell", and the way clothes look and feel are really paramount. I don't need fragrance, brightener or whatever, just a great clean for my family.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Tried it because it was on sale and wanted to see if it would make a difference in how clean the clothes would come out in comparison to Sun which I use a lot. Basically it wasn't that much of a difference. I have a HE washer.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was a faithful Tide user, a former employee of Procter and Gamble and continue to use their products because they are a great company to work for. After going through a divorce and struggling financially I purchased Arm and Hammer because of the price only! I love the product and will continue to purchase this product because of the great results I have gotten.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I use Arm & Hammer because it has value and it works. My clothes smell clean and fresh. I like the pods vs liquid because it's so convenient.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Arm & Hammer does the job at an affordable price. I have never used more expensive brands so I can't say how it compares. But for my family it does well. We are dairy farmers so our clothes get very dirty.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Arm &Hammer is very good. It cleans well and the price is so much better than the others. My clothes' smell and stains come out. It's a very good detergent getting clothes smelling and bright.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My wife is a stickler for brand. The only one she would use is Tide, which I think is most expensive. I brought home another brand one time she would not use it. She then went out and bought Tide. Well what I did to prove a point without her knowing it I put another brand which was much cheaper and replaced it in the Tide box. She used the entire box with no bad outcome. We now use the much cheaper brand and she's happy. I think that should prove something.

Original review: March 22, 2018

It's cheap and has oxiclean. Can't tell any difference in the cleanliness of my clothes so why pay more for the other brands. I also buy a cheap fabric softener and dryer sheets for scent. The smell lasts just as long as the more expensive ones.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I don't like to use a laundry detergent with fragrance, kind of makes me ill, and that not why I buy it. I don't like the detergents that have bleach in them either.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I love Arm & Hammer detergent but the only problem I encounter is that it needs to have a push valve instead of the normal opening at the top of the container.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I use this product because it's not as harsh on the environment. It's more bio friendly. Also, the cost is great and it does a great job in cleaning my clothes.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I use Arm & Hammer because it is free of dyes and fragrance for my husband's laundry. It's also a great value. You can do a lot of laundry with one container.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I use unscented products, often my clothes don't smell clean after washing, but with the Arm & Hammer they always come back clean, in this case with zero scent. For a person with allergies & fragrance sensitivity that is very important to me.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I think Arm & Hammer detergent is GREAT! I like the size (the biggest one available) as it compares to the cost. It's a great deal for the money -- especially my money.

Arm & Hammer Company Information