1.81/5
  • 1 star
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 30, 2017

35 Fixodent Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The new Fixodent with scope and a new super hold and smaller applicator isn't good. The applicator is nice but the product never gels and is like it came out of the tube by the end of the day. Original Fixodent gels by the end of the day and is removed easily.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I have been using Fixodent for several years. I kept seeing the T.V. ads and couldn't understand why it didn't work for me like the ads said. I finally got new Dentures thinking that was what the problem was because my dentist said I shouldn't need that yucky gooey junk if my teeth fit correctly. So I got new ones. He was right. AT first the top ones fit like they were my own and I never have a problem with them. But the bottom ones no such luck. As soon as I put ANY liquid in my mouth it's over.

I am elderly and several times I have almost choked to death. Can you imagine how scary this is? I have tried other products as well and the same thing happens. And the bubble in the middle of the tube as the others have said is true. What I want to know is how do they get away with lying to the public? ISN'T THIS FRAUD? Why can't they be fined or better yet why can't they do the right thing and have the world praise them instead of blasting them. Please somebody tell me what we can do. I feel like we are sheep lead to the slaughter with NO ALTERNATIVE, thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I got lower denture 3 months ago and have to use an adhesive. I am very disappointed in regular and extra hold Fixodent. Any food or drink in my mouth and my lower plate comes out, and the adhesive is GONE! I have to apply it 6 or more times per day; once before a meal and at least once during.

Original review: May 31, 2017

After using Fixodent with Scope for 3 years (as long as I've had my partials) the last four tubes I've bought had huge lumps in them. After reading the other comments, I realize that this is a recurring problem with your adhesive products. I have poked with pins and tweezers, cut the whole nozzle off and still there are lumps that are even too large to pass without the nozzle. I hate to throw my money away on yet another tube and I hate trying to get ready for the day and finding my adhesive will not squeeze. Why can't you fix this?? Please do before I give up on Fixodent. I don't have my receipts or I would try to return this defective product even though it isn't the store's fault.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Like many other consumers that wear dentures and need denture adhesive, I've used so many different brands of denture adhesive. Always had issues with the paste denture adhesives, there's this little hard pieces that comes out of the tube, after trying to use it. When I first noticed, it was stuck underneath my dentures and hurt so horrible! It's always these brands, Fixodent, Super Poligrip and Secure Denture Adhesive! All three of them have the hardened after using! I make sure to clean the cap etc... Now, the only brands that do not do this are Cushion Grip and Comfort Lining but Cushion Grip and Comfort Lining are thermoplastic denture adhesives, so it's definitely something with the paste denture adhesives to do this hardcore like thing inside the tube! I find it's a waste of money using paste denture adhesives!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fixodent?

Original review: April 5, 2017

I want to agree that the bubble in tube is deliberate. I have used this product for years and I am very pleased with it. The problem is that EVERY tube has a bubble that pops about half way through then the tubes quantity drops drastically within a day. My husband and I both use this product and like, but after closely watching our concerns we are confident that this is being done deliberately for consumers to buy more. I buy the product because it works. I work hard for what little money I have and I do expect to get what I pay for honestly.

Original review: July 23, 2016

We constantly get tubes of this original cream that hardens in the tube. We poke something in it to open the tube up and hard chunks come out. As expensive as this stuff is, we can't afford to keep losing this cream. Ridiculous.

Original review: July 1, 2016

I buy this type of denture adhesive and it always gets clogged up very bad. Then I'll stick something sharp in there to open the clog and I squeeze the hard parts out and then I put in my dentures and the cream is like pure rocks and it my gums all up. I don't appreciate it and wish you could do something to fix this problem. Thanks.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I have no real problem with this product other than when, after only a couple of squeezes, there is an air pocket. So now it seems like it's only half full and was never full in the first place. It happens all the time and seems to me that this is done deliberately. Anybody else got the same problem??

Original review: April 1, 2016

Totally disappointed. This is quite the most useless product I have ever bought online. I have to date used two types of fixative which have been quite good, but from the description, Fixodent sounded like the real solution I was seeking. So I ordered it via Fishpond Australia. As soon as it arrived, I put in my dentures with Fixodent and it felt fine. Then, after half an hour, I had a snack. The denture came loose immediately. So I cleaned it up and tried again. After 10 minutes, I resumed my snack. Again the denture came loose and floated around in my mouth. This is not just a bad product but the advertising verges on misrepresentation and fraud.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

I have been using Fixodent for many years. Halfway through the tube it stops coming out. I have used a wire like object to clear opening and still nothing comes out. I had to run under hot water then it came out very soft. This has happened at least 6 times. Why is this happening and how will you rectify? I am very disappointed in this product.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2015

I bought this product and I have been very disappointed. If I had the receipt I would take it back to the store. It works through maybe one meal. It is very thin. It does hold denture in your mouth more than half a day. Waste of money. I will never buy this product again.

Original review: July 4, 2015

The past 3 tubes I have bought, they were leaking from the bottom of the tube!!! I'm tired of the $ I waste!!!

Original review: May 19, 2015

On your Fixodent gum care I love the nozzle on it. The others kinds you have are fatter and hard to get product in nicely. It would be nice if you had the same nozzle end on all of your tube.

Original review: April 13, 2015

I bought Fixodent Plus Scope flavor in the green tube. This has to be one of the worst products I have purchased to hold my dentures. First I had to see if there was a recall on this product for it is no way near what I am used to. The contents was clear and running. It had no substance at all - it rolled on and into the dentures. When I put the denture in my mouth it just came off the denture and into my mouth. Did not hold the denture at all and was terrible. How could Fixodent sell this to the public.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I had to have all my teeth pulled a week before Christmas. When I asked the dentist how long does it take before I can use my dentures and he said in a week. Well the week was over and I had Fixodent samples from the dentist. I followed the directions. Put said to attach it. I did my uppers first. I didn't know why they say "put it in your mouth and hold briefly" forget it. Briefly they fell down, so I took them and rinsed them, brushed them, dried them and put them in again but this time I pressed on them for like 5 min. When I let go they were really loose. Anyways I wear them, when I eat they get loose. I hate Fixodent and I haven't got anything positive to say. It doesn't hold, my dentures get loose and come off when I'm chewing, so I just take them out and eat with my gums.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I've tried several brands to keep lower dentures from moving. Usually the cream or strips last if lucky through most of my meal. I used the Fixodent on lowers and 12 hours has past and they are still holding. I ate kettle chips and they didn't move. I spread a thin layer of the adhesive cream through out my denture with my fingers then I pressed my dentures with my finger then my teeth for a few minutes. I waited 30 mins to eat or drink. I highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I've had lower & upper partials for 30 yrs. with no need of adhesive. Recently, due to some other dental problems I find myself in need of a product such as yours. I bought Fixodent approximately 2 months ago. It is certainly not what I expected. It does not hold at all. I have tried it on bottom & top partials. It does not work. From reading these reviews it seems you have changed your product recently. Perhaps you should think about changing it back. I will be looking for something different when I go to the store next time.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

The moment you start to put it in your mouth, there's a heavy minty taste, and you can't get the taste out of your mouth. You can't taste any food you eat at all, plus the product has zinc in it - maybe that's why the powder taste like that. Plus, it has zero holding power. Have a coffee and roll and your teeth are loose again and the stuff oozes out while eating. Can't wait for Super Poligrip to come back..............

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

It just quit holding within the last yr. or so. You guys aren't making your income any larger for you and the stockholders this way...Get your ** together guys...

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

Up until this summer Fixodent manufactured an extra hold product. Its claim was that it had 88% extra hold, and that it would last all day. It worked. However it now appears that it is no longer part of the range. Since this has happened the remainder of the range now carry the word 'plus'. I am no longer able to put my dentures in the morning, and have them secure all day. Because I am now forced to use one of P&G's more inferior products, like many other Fixodent customers I am now having to apply denture cream after almost every meal. The 'extra hold' one was always more expensive at about £4.40, but it was worth paying the extra. Now the inferior products have been raised in price to the same level as what the better one was. I feel I am being forced to spend twice as much on denture cream now, with the added inconvenience of having to apply the cream at least twice a day. Pissed off doesn't even begin to describe my feeling at my preferred product being discontinued. Bring it back please.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2014

I have used Fixodent since 1995 and it is now 2014 and have never had a problem with clogging or lack of lasting time, and I have both uppers and lowers and have used just about all the different types of Fixodent they have. Great stuff, thanks.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2014

Used this product for years and loved it. Now the tube is different and it doesn't hold at all. I have to mix the powder with the tube to hold for any amount of time. What have you done to your product?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2013

The last 4 tubes I have bought have become clogged and are no longer usable and do not hold as long as it used to. I have used this for years and will be changing to something else.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2013

After using Fixodent I found that this product does not perform as well as the manufacturer (P&G) indicates. They claim you only have to use it once a day and it will hold dentures from dawn to dark. After using three 2 oz tubes I have found this to be untrue (false advertising). And the reason I purchased three tubes is because the tips seem to clog up and the rest has to be discarded. Since then I have tried different products and found that Poligrip holds much longer and has an Ooze control tip that does not clog up. Sorry P&G but I've changed brands and doubt if I purchase Fixodent again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2012

It seems like Fixodent Free changed their products (adhesiveness). It used to stick for 10 hours no matter what kind I used. Now I’m lucky if I get 6 hours. I’ve had dentures all my life, and I used Fixodent for 10 years or more. Whoever suggested the cost savings to the board is getting ready to lose a customer who’s been with them for a decade. Better change back soon.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2012

I have been using Fixodent for several years now. I was just diagnosed with neuropathy and have discovered the zinc in my denture cream may have been the culprit. I am not diabetic, etc. Why can't Procter and Gamble simply take the zinc out of their product? I will use other products now. I am disappointed and angry because I did not know this would harm me. Thanks for your time.

Original review: July 18, 2012

Holding dentures and your tube - I apply it and some foods just pull my teeth out. I've used it for years. The tube clogs up every time I open a new one. You have to just keep spreading it around and squeezing the tube to get it in a line. Please remove the zinc also.

Original review: July 12, 2012

I have been using Fixodent for about 5 years and it was pretty good. But in the last 4 months, it is terrible. I tried all different types, tried using less, using more nothing works, my plate falls out at least 3 or more times a day. Every time I eat or drink anything, it won't hold and they fall out, it's horrible. I am afraid to go out to dinner because no matter what I do, they won't hold. Any suggestions will be helpful because I never had a problem until recently. I will probably start trying other products. Bye Fixodent!

Original review: May 18, 2012

I have been using Fixodent for the past 10 months. In the last 3 months, I have had to purchase 3 different tubes of Fixodent original that were outrageously priced for 2.4-oz tubes. The tubes normally last me an average of 8 and a half weeks and cost about $17 for 3 of the 2.4-oz tubes. These 3 tubes cost an estimated $20. I am a single mother of 4 and can't afford to throw our money away. The tubes purchased have mostly air in them and no product coming out of the tubes. The box has "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back." I am not in a position to be able to throw my kids' money away like that. I am completely dissatisfied with your product and will never throw our money away on it again.

Fixodent Company Information