Fixodent

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We constantly get tubes of this original cream that hardens in the tube. We poke something in it to open the tube up and hard chunks come out. As expensive as this stuff is, we can't afford to keep losing this cream. Ridiculous.

I buy this type of denture adhesive and it always gets clogged up very bad. Then I'll stick something sharp in there to open the clog and I squeeze the hard parts out and then I put in my dentures and the cream is like pure rocks and it my gums all up. I don't appreciate it and wish you could do something to fix this problem. Thanks.

I have no real problem with this product other than when, after only a couple of squeezes, there is an air pocket. So now it seems like it's only half full and was never full in the first place. It happens all the time and seems to me that this is done deliberately. Anybody else got the same problem??

Totally disappointed. This is quite the most useless product I have ever bought online. I have to date used two types of fixative which have been quite good, but from the description, Fixodent sounded like the real solution I was seeking. So I ordered it via Fishpond Australia. As soon as it arrived, I put in my dentures with Fixodent and it felt fine. Then, after half an hour, I had a snack. The denture came loose immediately. So I cleaned it up and tried again. After 10 minutes, I resumed my snack. Again the denture came loose and floated around in my mouth. This is not just a bad product but the advertising verges on misrepresentation and fraud.

I have been using Fixodent for many years. Halfway through the tube it stops coming out. I have used a wire like object to clear opening and still nothing comes out. I had to run under hot water then it came out very soft. This has happened at least 6 times. Why is this happening and how will you rectify? I am very disappointed in this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fixodent?

I bought this product and I have been very disappointed. If I had the receipt I would take it back to the store. It works through maybe one meal. It is very thin. It does hold denture in your mouth more than half a day. Waste of money. I will never buy this product again.

The past 3 tubes I have bought, they were leaking from the bottom of the tube!!! I'm tired of the $ I waste!!!

On your Fixodent gum care I love the nozzle on it. The others kinds you have are fatter and hard to get product in nicely. It would be nice if you had the same nozzle end on all of your tube.

I bought Fixodent Plus Scope flavor in the green tube. This has to be one of the worst products I have purchased to hold my dentures. First I had to see if there was a recall on this product for it is no way near what I am used to. The contents was clear and running. It had no substance at all - it rolled on and into the dentures. When I put the denture in my mouth it just came off the denture and into my mouth. Did not hold the denture at all and was terrible. How could Fixodent sell this to the public.

I had to have all my teeth pulled a week before Christmas. When I asked the dentist how long does it take before I can use my dentures and he said in a week. Well the week was over and I had Fixodent samples from the dentist. I followed the directions. Put said to attach it. I did my uppers first. I didn't know why they say "put it in your mouth and hold briefly" forget it. Briefly they fell down, so I took them and rinsed them, brushed them, dried them and put them in again but this time I pressed on them for like 5 min. When I let go they were really loose. Anyways I wear them, when I eat they get loose. I hate Fixodent and I haven't got anything positive to say. It doesn't hold, my dentures get loose and come off when I'm chewing, so I just take them out and eat with my gums.

I've tried several brands to keep lower dentures from moving. Usually the cream or strips last if lucky through most of my meal. I used the Fixodent on lowers and 12 hours has past and they are still holding. I ate kettle chips and they didn't move. I spread a thin layer of the adhesive cream through out my denture with my fingers then I pressed my dentures with my finger then my teeth for a few minutes. I waited 30 mins to eat or drink. I highly recommend.

I've had lower & upper partials for 30 yrs. with no need of adhesive. Recently, due to some other dental problems I find myself in need of a product such as yours. I bought Fixodent approximately 2 months ago. It is certainly not what I expected. It does not hold at all. I have tried it on bottom & top partials. It does not work. From reading these reviews it seems you have changed your product recently. Perhaps you should think about changing it back. I will be looking for something different when I go to the store next time.

The moment you start to put it in your mouth, there's a heavy minty taste, and you can't get the taste out of your mouth. You can't taste any food you eat at all, plus the product has zinc in it - maybe that's why the powder taste like that. Plus, it has zero holding power. Have a coffee and roll and your teeth are loose again and the stuff oozes out while eating. Can't wait for Super Poligrip to come back..............

It just quit holding within the last yr. or so. You guys aren't making your income any larger for you and the stockholders this way...Get your ** together guys...

Up until this summer Fixodent manufactured an extra hold product. Its claim was that it had 88% extra hold, and that it would last all day. It worked. However it now appears that it is no longer part of the range. Since this has happened the remainder of the range now carry the word 'plus'. I am no longer able to put my dentures in the morning, and have them secure all day. Because I am now forced to use one of P&G's more inferior products, like many other Fixodent customers I am now having to apply denture cream after almost every meal. The 'extra hold' one was always more expensive at about £4.40, but it was worth paying the extra. Now the inferior products have been raised in price to the same level as what the better one was. I feel I am being forced to spend twice as much on denture cream now, with the added inconvenience of having to apply the cream at least twice a day. Pissed off doesn't even begin to describe my feeling at my preferred product being discontinued. Bring it back please.

I have used Fixodent since 1995 and it is now 2014 and have never had a problem with clogging or lack of lasting time, and I have both uppers and lowers and have used just about all the different types of Fixodent they have. Great stuff, thanks.

Used this product for years and loved it. Now the tube is different and it doesn't hold at all. I have to mix the powder with the tube to hold for any amount of time. What have you done to your product?

The last 4 tubes I have bought have become clogged and are no longer usable and do not hold as long as it used to. I have used this for years and will be changing to something else.

After using Fixodent I found that this product does not perform as well as the manufacturer (P&G) indicates. They claim you only have to use it once a day and it will hold dentures from dawn to dark. After using three 2 oz tubes I have found this to be untrue (false advertising). And the reason I purchased three tubes is because the tips seem to clog up and the rest has to be discarded. Since then I have tried different products and found that Poligrip holds much longer and has an Ooze control tip that does not clog up. Sorry P&G but I've changed brands and doubt if I purchase Fixodent again.

It seems like Fixodent Free changed their products (adhesiveness). It used to stick for 10 hours no matter what kind I used. Now I’m lucky if I get 6 hours. I’ve had dentures all my life, and I used Fixodent for 10 years or more. Whoever suggested the cost savings to the board is getting ready to lose a customer who’s been with them for a decade. Better change back soon.

I have been using Fixodent for several years now. I was just diagnosed with neuropathy and have discovered the zinc in my denture cream may have been the culprit. I am not diabetic, etc. Why can't Procter and Gamble simply take the zinc out of their product? I will use other products now. I am disappointed and angry because I did not know this would harm me. Thanks for your time.

Holding dentures and your tube - I apply it and some foods just pull my teeth out. I've used it for years. The tube clogs up every time I open a new one. You have to just keep spreading it around and squeezing the tube to get it in a line. Please remove the zinc also.

I have been using Fixodent for about 5 years and it was pretty good. But in the last 4 months, it is terrible. I tried all different types, tried using less, using more nothing works, my plate falls out at least 3 or more times a day. Every time I eat or drink anything, it won't hold and they fall out, it's horrible. I am afraid to go out to dinner because no matter what I do, they won't hold. Any suggestions will be helpful because I never had a problem until recently. I will probably start trying other products. Bye Fixodent!

I have been using Fixodent for the past 10 months. In the last 3 months, I have had to purchase 3 different tubes of Fixodent original that were outrageously priced for 2.4-oz tubes. The tubes normally last me an average of 8 and a half weeks and cost about $17 for 3 of the 2.4-oz tubes. These 3 tubes cost an estimated $20. I am a single mother of 4 and can't afford to throw our money away. The tubes purchased have mostly air in them and no product coming out of the tubes. The box has "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back." I am not in a position to be able to throw my kids' money away like that. I am completely dissatisfied with your product and will never throw our money away on it again.

I have been buying Fixodent powder for over 10 years. It was working great, then they changed the product. It does not work. One out of every 10 boxes will work, the rest are gooey and do not hold. I have sent emails to the company and gotten no response. I want to know why it was working and now, I have to spend a fortune just to find one that works? The original boxes worked. Now, every store I go to has been infected by the new boxes that do not work. Why is the company avoiding my complaints?

In the second half of 2009, I started using Polident and/or Fixodent for a loose dental bridge. In June of 2010, I was diagnosed with a bacterial poisoning known as Aeromonis Hydrophilia, origin unknown, i.e. maybe water, maybe food, etc. Little is known about its rare make up. This resulted in a serious bacterial poisoning with uncontrolled bowel incontinence and high fever. It lasted for 10 days.

In July, the bacteria had moved to my left lung and now was a severe case of bacterial pneumonia resulting in hospitalization. The infection was so severe I had to have CT scans, ultra sounds, etc. as they feared it was cancer of the lining of the lung. The tests were, however, compatible with bacterial pneumonia. I now have dizzy spells and the fluid is still in my lung. I am writing this as I am a great creature of habit. The only lifestyle change I had made in the recent past was the use of the dental creams for the dental bridge that was getting a bit loose. I hope this is of help to you.

Through out this last year I have had 6 tubes of Fixodent and Fixodent Control go bad. They clog up after a couple of uses. This stuff is expensive and I live far from town, so it has caught me in a bind. This stuff cost about $4 a tube; so, therefore, I am over $20 that I have lost to this point. I love the product, but I just want to get what I pay for.

I too have had the problem recently of many tubes of Fixodent original, or Control, with the adhesive clogging up and not being able to use most of the tube. Fixodent works well, if you could just get it out of the tube.

I e-mailed Fixodent relative to their denture adhensive cream Fixodent original. This is a product I have used for many years but recently I have bought tubes that I could not get the adhesive out of. The first two or three uses of the tube were fine, but then when I tried to use the same tube again, I could not get the adhesive out. Even after using a roller to get it out and also squeezing very hard and having my husband do he same, the adhesive would not come out! I continued to purchase the produce and soon came upon another tube that was the same way! I e-mailed the company at the address shown in this complaint. I never got a response. That is why I am filing this complaint.

I have had to discard these tubes (although I didn't throw them away) and spend $4.99 again to purchase others. I lost over $8.00 on those two tubes and can't afford this. I've tried other adhesives but found that Fixodent is the best one for my dentures. Please help me!

Fixodent Company Profile