1.93/5
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

46 Fixodent Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

It only last for a few seconds. Pops one side or the other all the time. Leaks out no matter how little teeny are use and sticks to the inside of my lips and gums ripping off the skin when I try to remove it really!!! But there’s nothing else out there that I can find.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have used Fixodent years then the last 5 years it sucks. I complained before about the stuff will not come out of tube. I tried everything and it sucks. They sent me $20.00 in coupons so I thought I will try again. I know I'm not the only one out there that after a time the ** does not come out of the tube. I need at least another $20.00 to replace the money I have spent. I have to find something better because they do not honor their product and if you complain you have to send a card in and pay postage. Not. I will be putting on Facebook and every other site to tell people the product not only does not work but the company fricken knows it. Actually it does work when you can get out of friggin tube. Do not waste your money unless you like sticking sharp object in tube to be able to get any out. Going to try other.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I’ve been using Fixodent Original on my upper denture for several years and it worked well enough. When Ultra came out I thought it would work better but it’s positively no better at all than the Original. It holds no longer, it comes loose after a few hours, is more difficult to remove and it’s also more expensive. What a ripoff! I have absolutely no loyalty to companies that introduce a “new & improved” product that’s no better than the original product. This is done just as an excuse to raise the price but it’s exactly the same product. I will no longer be buying Fixodent in any form. Your tactics are despicable.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Very frustrating when I can't get the cream out of the tube. Happens 1 in 3 tubes, approximately. I have to take my turkey skewer, (or whatever I can find) & stick it in the opening, hoping that the cream will come out. This happens when the tube is approximately 1/2 full. Can't figure out why this happens, if anyone knows why this happens & how to prevent it, please let me know.

Also... I am having a tough time with my bottom plate, which seems to come loose whenever I eat, drink, (hot or cold) and/or after an hour or so. I think I have gained weight because I use so much denture cream. Thank you for the no zinc or else I would have probably killed myself by all the product I use. Maybe I could be advised in that also. PS, I am not computer savvy, therefore I do not know how to show you my tube by photo. When I buy my next tube, I will save the receipt & ask a friend to show me how to send it to you, along with a pic of the tube. This tube is Fixodent Plus, flavor & colour free. # on bottom back 90827894.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I've used Fixodent since 1977. Always worked great and lasted all day. The scope is even better w/ a smaller bead, easier to apply to my denture. So when the ultra came out, I was more than excited. But to my disappointment, it doesn't hold as good, nor does it last as long. I'll stick with the Fixodent plus w/ scope. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fixodent?

Original review: June 26, 2018

New Fixodent ultra - waste of $$$ - Have only used Fixodent for my upper plate since I got it 10 yrs ago. I used original but didn't like it, switched to scope cause it had smaller bead & the hold was much longer (5a-3p), but with the new Ultra hold I thought it would last all day & as advertised I could eat hard solid foods. NOT! I put it on as described on box & within 5 hours max the hold was gone & teeth slid out. Very frustrating that they say it does something & it doesn't especially at the higher cost for it.

They used to make a different one in a light blue box that didn't have flavor & it held pretty good, but can't find it anymore. The paste oozes out over the course of the day & it tastes terrible. Very sticky & messy if you have to reapply then take your teeth out a few hrs later for bed. Cut the roof of my mouth scraping the paste off which doesn't happen with the scope version. Won't be buying this version ever again & highly recommend they go back to the drawing board.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have been using Fixodent original for a number of years, saw a ad for fixodent ultra, and would give a try. Well not any better then Fixodent original. And the cost is much higher. Apply it at 8 AM daily and by mid afternoon it has lost its effect to hold my lower denture. Will be returning to original on my next purchase.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I'm extremely disappointed that Fixodent Fresh has been removed from shelves in every store in my area. Fixodent Fresh is all I use. It's the only product that actually works. I've tried all your other, the Scope, the Complete, the Original, etc. But Fixodent Fresh is the best! I can't stand other brands either. If you aren't going to sell it anymore, please send me every tube of Fixodent Fresh that you have left. It tell me how I can buy it. I've had dentures for almost 30 years now. And this is what I have always used. Your immediate response would be appreciated! Thank you.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I've been using Fixodent for a number of years. When I've had a coupon I've tried other denture adhesives but none have measured up to the Fixodent. I found most people put too much on their denture rather than following the picture on the box.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I would like to know why I cannot find Fixodent Fresh at Wal-Mart and Dollar General stores. I have been using Fixodent for over 25 years. I AM GETTING UPSET ABOUT THIS. Maybe I should find something else.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I'm writing this review as a rebuttal testimony to all the negative testimonies about this product. I've had my permanent dentures now for about three months. Before that I used Secure denture adhesive, it worked great. But now, for some reason it doesn't. Fixodent was my next choice, zinc was my concern. After educating myself (I use the Internet far more for information than Facebook) (useless time spent) I found out zinc overdoses occur from products like these, are because people with ill fitting dentures reapply zinc adhesives several times a day. My dentures fit well, and really don't need an adhesive, but still move and I hate the feeling. Fixodent has proven by far the best over Secure. I sometimes have trouble getting my uppers out of my mouth very late at night, that I wait til morning and even then, sometimes I just to heck with it and wait til they loosen.

I found people generally have poor denture cleaning habits, which will greatly reduce any denture adhesive, adhesion. I brush and soak, and brush again then put my dentures in. My opinion and it's not up for debate, is proper fittings, absolute proper hygiene, and Fixodent is all you'll need. Because either I have the most miraculous Dentist (She is great mind you) or my gums are just amazingly different than everyone else's. I just couldn't sit here and read the reviews and not write something absolutely positive.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The new Fixodent with scope and a new super hold and smaller applicator isn't good. The applicator is nice but the product never gels and is like it came out of the tube by the end of the day. Original Fixodent gels by the end of the day and is removed easily.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I have been using Fixodent for several years. I kept seeing the T.V. ads and couldn't understand why it didn't work for me like the ads said. I finally got new Dentures thinking that was what the problem was because my dentist said I shouldn't need that yucky gooey junk if my teeth fit correctly. So I got new ones. He was right. AT first the top ones fit like they were my own and I never have a problem with them. But the bottom ones no such luck. As soon as I put ANY liquid in my mouth it's over.

I am elderly and several times I have almost choked to death. Can you imagine how scary this is? I have tried other products as well and the same thing happens. And the bubble in the middle of the tube as the others have said is true. What I want to know is how do they get away with lying to the public? ISN'T THIS FRAUD? Why can't they be fined or better yet why can't they do the right thing and have the world praise them instead of blasting them. Please somebody tell me what we can do. I feel like we are sheep lead to the slaughter with NO ALTERNATIVE, thank you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I got lower denture 3 months ago and have to use an adhesive. I am very disappointed in regular and extra hold Fixodent. Any food or drink in my mouth and my lower plate comes out, and the adhesive is GONE! I have to apply it 6 or more times per day; once before a meal and at least once during.

Original review: May 31, 2017

After using Fixodent with Scope for 3 years (as long as I've had my partials) the last four tubes I've bought had huge lumps in them. After reading the other comments, I realize that this is a recurring problem with your adhesive products. I have poked with pins and tweezers, cut the whole nozzle off and still there are lumps that are even too large to pass without the nozzle. I hate to throw my money away on yet another tube and I hate trying to get ready for the day and finding my adhesive will not squeeze. Why can't you fix this?? Please do before I give up on Fixodent. I don't have my receipts or I would try to return this defective product even though it isn't the store's fault.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Like many other consumers that wear dentures and need denture adhesive, I've used so many different brands of denture adhesive. Always had issues with the paste denture adhesives, there's this little hard pieces that comes out of the tube, after trying to use it. When I first noticed, it was stuck underneath my dentures and hurt so horrible! It's always these brands, Fixodent, Super Poligrip and Secure Denture Adhesive! All three of them have the hardened after using! I make sure to clean the cap etc... Now, the only brands that do not do this are Cushion Grip and Comfort Lining but Cushion Grip and Comfort Lining are thermoplastic denture adhesives, so it's definitely something with the paste denture adhesives to do this hardcore like thing inside the tube! I find it's a waste of money using paste denture adhesives!

Original review: April 5, 2017

I want to agree that the bubble in tube is deliberate. I have used this product for years and I am very pleased with it. The problem is that EVERY tube has a bubble that pops about half way through then the tubes quantity drops drastically within a day. My husband and I both use this product and like, but after closely watching our concerns we are confident that this is being done deliberately for consumers to buy more. I buy the product because it works. I work hard for what little money I have and I do expect to get what I pay for honestly.

Original review: July 23, 2016

We constantly get tubes of this original cream that hardens in the tube. We poke something in it to open the tube up and hard chunks come out. As expensive as this stuff is, we can't afford to keep losing this cream. Ridiculous.

Original review: July 1, 2016

I buy this type of denture adhesive and it always gets clogged up very bad. Then I'll stick something sharp in there to open the clog and I squeeze the hard parts out and then I put in my dentures and the cream is like pure rocks and it my gums all up. I don't appreciate it and wish you could do something to fix this problem. Thanks.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I have no real problem with this product other than when, after only a couple of squeezes, there is an air pocket. So now it seems like it's only half full and was never full in the first place. It happens all the time and seems to me that this is done deliberately. Anybody else got the same problem??

Original review: April 1, 2016

Totally disappointed. This is quite the most useless product I have ever bought online. I have to date used two types of fixative which have been quite good, but from the description, Fixodent sounded like the real solution I was seeking. So I ordered it via Fishpond Australia. As soon as it arrived, I put in my dentures with Fixodent and it felt fine. Then, after half an hour, I had a snack. The denture came loose immediately. So I cleaned it up and tried again. After 10 minutes, I resumed my snack. Again the denture came loose and floated around in my mouth. This is not just a bad product but the advertising verges on misrepresentation and fraud.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

I have been using Fixodent for many years. Halfway through the tube it stops coming out. I have used a wire like object to clear opening and still nothing comes out. I had to run under hot water then it came out very soft. This has happened at least 6 times. Why is this happening and how will you rectify? I am very disappointed in this product.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2015

I bought this product and I have been very disappointed. If I had the receipt I would take it back to the store. It works through maybe one meal. It is very thin. It does hold denture in your mouth more than half a day. Waste of money. I will never buy this product again.

Original review: July 4, 2015

The past 3 tubes I have bought, they were leaking from the bottom of the tube!!! I'm tired of the $ I waste!!!

Original review: May 19, 2015

On your Fixodent gum care I love the nozzle on it. The others kinds you have are fatter and hard to get product in nicely. It would be nice if you had the same nozzle end on all of your tube.

Original review: April 13, 2015

I bought Fixodent Plus Scope flavor in the green tube. This has to be one of the worst products I have purchased to hold my dentures. First I had to see if there was a recall on this product for it is no way near what I am used to. The contents was clear and running. It had no substance at all - it rolled on and into the dentures. When I put the denture in my mouth it just came off the denture and into my mouth. Did not hold the denture at all and was terrible. How could Fixodent sell this to the public.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I had to have all my teeth pulled a week before Christmas. When I asked the dentist how long does it take before I can use my dentures and he said in a week. Well the week was over and I had Fixodent samples from the dentist. I followed the directions. Put said to attach it. I did my uppers first. I didn't know why they say "put it in your mouth and hold briefly" forget it. Briefly they fell down, so I took them and rinsed them, brushed them, dried them and put them in again but this time I pressed on them for like 5 min. When I let go they were really loose. Anyways I wear them, when I eat they get loose. I hate Fixodent and I haven't got anything positive to say. It doesn't hold, my dentures get loose and come off when I'm chewing, so I just take them out and eat with my gums.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I've tried several brands to keep lower dentures from moving. Usually the cream or strips last if lucky through most of my meal. I used the Fixodent on lowers and 12 hours has past and they are still holding. I ate kettle chips and they didn't move. I spread a thin layer of the adhesive cream through out my denture with my fingers then I pressed my dentures with my finger then my teeth for a few minutes. I waited 30 mins to eat or drink. I highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I've had lower & upper partials for 30 yrs. with no need of adhesive. Recently, due to some other dental problems I find myself in need of a product such as yours. I bought Fixodent approximately 2 months ago. It is certainly not what I expected. It does not hold at all. I have tried it on bottom & top partials. It does not work. From reading these reviews it seems you have changed your product recently. Perhaps you should think about changing it back. I will be looking for something different when I go to the store next time.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

The moment you start to put it in your mouth, there's a heavy minty taste, and you can't get the taste out of your mouth. You can't taste any food you eat at all, plus the product has zinc in it - maybe that's why the powder taste like that. Plus, it has zero holding power. Have a coffee and roll and your teeth are loose again and the stuff oozes out while eating. Can't wait for Super Poligrip to come back..............

Fixodent Company Information