4.7/5 (4933 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amanda Futrell
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Vivint Smart Home

Vivint is a home security and home automation company that offers professionally installed and monitored customized security systems with 24/7 support. Its product line includes integrated security and automation systems, outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. You can call or go online for a free quote from Vivint.

Pros

• Fully customizable systems
    • Professional installation
    • Contract-free option
    • Complete control with Vivint app

Cons

• No DIY installation option
    • Relatively high costs

Bottom Line

Vivint is a good choice for those willing to pay a bit more for a customized home security system with professional installation. All plans include a centralized hub, sensors, app control and 24/7 monitoring and support.

Vivint Smart Home Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Smart Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Elijah and Quincy were both amazing. Elijah was an amazing salesman. He was patient and empathetic. Quincy was so experienced. His installation was super efficient. It was like he was a salesman too. He definitely deserves a promotion, someone with his experience and charisma is wasted as a tech.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Simeon! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Excellent service, knowledgeable & provided insight what he recommend is best for your home, professional and respectful. Shared a lot of information around each feature Vivint offers. Thoroughly walk you through how to use your panel and app. Overall, service was great and done in a timely manner. If I had to rate service I would say 10 out of 10.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The equipment looks state of the art and we really think it's a great product. Additionally, the technician was very professional and knowledgeable. He worked meticulously and expeditiously. All our questions were answered to our satisfaction. We look forward to enjoying the set .

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Benjamin! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The installation took an hour less than I was expecting and went so smoothly. He went through everything with me so that I could understand and was very patient. All of the equipment is easy to use and to understand. I would 100% recommend to a friend.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear Catharine! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Brooke was very helpful and easy to work with during first system setup. She was friendly and answered all my questions. I had a unique situation but the team at Vivint was understanding and worked quickly to help resolve the situation.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear Javier! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Was polite, professional, answer all my questions, and show me how to operate my new security system, was very pleased with the installation as well as the tech that installed my security system. Will highly recommend the install and very pleased.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear Joseph! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Awesome sales rep and greatest technician. I feel like I will be happy with the system. Kudos to the tech guy for his speed and knowledge. His patience is unmatched!! He thoroughly explained what he was doing while he installed the system. Then afterward went over everything we needed to know and helped us (mature humans) understand it without losing his patience.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear Bellsennes! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Our installation was quick and our tech was friendly and knowledgeable. After installation he gave me a walk through of the app and our home panel and showed me where to find all my information needed should I have to call customer service about any questions.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Jamie! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Technician arrived my home on time and throughout the whole installation process with patience and professionalism. He explained every details about the new security system installed. Guided us to set up the system step by step. We were very satisfied his service.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Dom came to install my home security today (9/19). He was very informative, Polite, Patient, Considerate. He performed the installation very professionally and I felt very safe and comfortable around him, he even helped me decide where to place my new cameras. He stuck around to answer all my questions. He was Very courteous to my home and my pet.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I first would like to start off by saying my technician Miguel was amazing. He was very patient and informative. He installed my service as if he was putting it in his home. He was very meticulous about the install and very neat. He even used wet wipes to wipe off the smudges from his fingerprints. He explained my package and responsibilities as a new customer. He walked me and my husband through the security pad and phone app. I would definitely recommend this guy. He worked the whole time. Thanks Miguel.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Installation person Mark was very professional and knowledgeable. He explained the whole system to me before he left and made sure that I knew how to use everything. I will definitely recommend Vivint to my friends and family if they need alarms installed in their houses.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Paul was fantastic. I received clear communication prior to the install to ensure I was informed and ready. He covered all the details of the paperwork first so everything was clear. The full install was quick and clean. Great job explaining the features and devices. Thank you!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Verify fast and informative. Install was perfect and was shown all aspects of the devices. Installation technician was awesome. She was professional and answered all my questions and was very helpful with the education of the devices. I would recommend services with Vivint.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Thank you so much for great customer service and installation. Highly recommended. The technician was very knowledgeable and went over the steps taking in case of an emergency or failure of alarm. Also, the installation was quick and done in less than 1hr.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

The technician was very thorough in explaining how the system works. She was very kind and patient. The job took about three hours. She was meticulous in cleaning up every mess from where she had to drill to install the system.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Barbara! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Process was smooth and fast to get everything set up. High quality system. Sales rep clearly defined all of the equipment and how it was good for our home. Easier to use than our last system. Vivint did a nice job.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Nicholas! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I will recommend my family and friends that you all is the best. You break things down step by step and if we have any questions we don’t know you will give me the answer. That is a 100 percent for me and my family to you.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I can now not be concerned about leaving my air conditioner running and running my bill up to high costs. This is the way of the future and in my opinion people should talk advantage of nature to improve the costs of running a home or business.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Mark! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Very professional. Was very knowledgeable about the equipment. Evan was respectful and he worked late to get my install completed. I am definitely a satisfied customer. I will recommend to all my friends and family. Also our sales rep George explained everything and answered all question. No problem.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Merissa! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Professional and polite. Called and was on time for his appointment. Cameras look high quality and I like the alert notification with motion. The system is easy to learn and easy to understand. The install was Fairly quick considering how many things were being installed.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Joshua! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Great customer service! Answered all of our questions and taught us how to use all of the equipment. The technician completed the job in a good timely fashion. I will be recommending to family and friends. My family and I are excited about our new security system!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, LaToya! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Everything is great. I enjoyed working Everything by phone. It's a great system to have. Love it! The technician was well versed in his job. He answered all of the questions, I needed to know. He was very polite and pleasant.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Charles! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

My technician was communicating since a day before the appointment. He was on time and explained everything thoroughly. He made practical recommendations of the best place to set the system. The job was very clean and he completed it sooner than expected. Overall a five-star experience!

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Imelda! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The sales rep explain everything to me, show me step-by-step about the alarm system and other services. The installer was very professional and put my mind at ease about the positioning of my system. I’m older but he was patient with me and show me how to work the system which I really appreciate. I would definitely recommend to my friends.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Carla! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The installation was smooth and super explanatory. Jimmy was great at installing and explaining everything to me and my family. I was very satisfied with the service. I will definitely recommend Vivint to my friends. I believe I will really enjoy my Vivint experience.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Zayda! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Originally agreed to have garage door, entry door and patio door to have sensors. Then the installer said the garage door sensor was not part of the deal. As of today, the garage door is still with no sensors and I got charged extra amount of money "to add" that sensor. Reached out to salesman and said he was not available 24/7. Terrible customer service.

Vivint Smart Home response

Jose thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Awesome. We should have done this a long time ago. We purchased Vivint for our home as well as our parents' home. 2 different service techs Tim ** and Mark ** could not have been more helpful or pleasant. Will refer to all.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Lisa! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Quick installation, explained everything. I expected this to take the whole day but the installer clearly knows his stuff and was done with 5 sensors, 2 cameras a doorbell and the panel in less than 3 hours, while at the same time answering all my questions.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Tilemachos! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The Vivint Installation Service provider did an excellent job at installing everything and explaining how everything worked. I have no complaints and will recommend Vivint to all the people I know. I now feel completely safe and comfortable living in my new home.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Wayne! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Vivint Smart Home Company Information