Vivint

4x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Equipment, Best for Installation and Best Monitoring
4.7(32,657)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Vivint

Vivint offers integrated systems with outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. Systems require professional installation and come with 24/7 professional monitoring.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Fully customizable
    • Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
    • Good mobile app
    Cons
    • No DIY option
    • No trial period
    • A little pricey

Over 25k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 85%
    • 7%
    • 3%
    • 2%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?
      Installation & SetupMonitoring

Reviewed June 28, 2024

An unexpected knock on the door turned out to be a very blessed encounter. The sales and installation team that I had the pleasure of meeting was respectful, professional, informative, and efficient. Thank you, Pablo and John for installing my new home monitoring system. This was something that was much needed that I have been procrastinating about after very long and hot day you, John and John’s girlfriend came and did the job, cleaned up, programmed, got my system up and running in no time. I appreciate all of your professionalism. Thank you.

Customer ServiceSmart Devices

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Haven’t had the system for more than 2 weeks and already issues. Don’t go with them, they suck and the customer service is horrible as well. I wish I could return everything they sold us. If you have any issues with WiFi then it’s hell.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Alex was extremely helpful and responsive to our needs to getting everything set up. I started my account today and was able to get everything ready before moving in tomorrow. The follow up was extremely quick and easy to follow. I loved the text messages for directions. Everything was super easy. Thank you Alex.

Installation & SetupTechEase of Use

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Vivint security is easy to use and very efficient. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to get security for their home or want to upgrade. The Vivint salesperson and technicians are also very professional and helpful. They are pretty quick installing the unit as there are many things to do, with installing the panel, the doorbell, and the cameras depending on how many you get. We feel more secure in our home thanks to Vivint security!

Installation & SetupCamera & VideoTech

Reviewed June 28, 2024

While a few things changed during the consultation after seeing my house, overall things went well and as expected. The tech was friendly and helpful. My only issue was that there are not hardwired options for the doorbell or outside video cameras. For that reason, I chose not to have them installed.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Great experience everyone I dealt with. the installers were polite, professional, very knowledgeable took time to answering all my questions. Every part of this experience with Vivint was 5 stars! Thank you all for what you do for security. Keep all safe thank you thank you thank you!!! Great great

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I was not told that I would be receiving a separate bill for equipment, plus I didn’t want a separate account opened up for the equipment. I was under the impression that it would be around what I’m was previously paying. You should have your seller report the truth when it comes to your company and what they are paying for because that was not explained, I was better off with ADT.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I had the pleasure to get my new system installed today. My field technician Chhun was amazing!!! He was very knowledgeable. Walked me through all the details pre-installation, helped me select the best suitable equipment for my home and post-installation he provided an overview and guided me with the setup. I really like the new system for my home. My home is officially a smart home.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I was very happy with your company throughout the whole process. Brandon did an exceptional job explaining and installing all the equipment. He was very thorough and explained exactly what he was going to do. I would recommend him to my friends and family. Thanks for making it simple and easy!

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I was tired of the service I was getting from the other alarm company that I have had for years. You would think they would do better. Received a coupon from my employer and the rest is history. I’ve been wanting some additional cameras and security gadgets and got all of it for a very good price. My installer, Norman, made my experience even better!

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Grant was very professional, friendly and polite. He was knowledgeable and did a great job on the installation. He asked to borrow a broom so he could clean up after himself. He explained things clearly and went over how the panel so we understood how it all works. He also gave us some suggestions on where to place the monitor and inside cameras.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I have been with ADT for a few years. I had a camera that never worked, but the security system did what I needed so I stayed with them and was paying extra for the services. Mark gave us new security and cameras that are better than what ADT gave me. I'm very happy.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Have giving at two businesses and home, very satisfied with their cameras and service. Just got Vivint installed at our 3rd location. Vivint has stopped multiple crimes from happening at our other locations. Technician was very professional and extremely helpful. Went above and beyond to make sure everything was good to go before he took off.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

The men that came into my home to set up security systems was very kind. They took their time to show us how to use the system. The gentleman that introduced the system to us was very kind, patient with us, explaining the security system to us and and what we would be receiving. The gentleman that sold us security system name is Esteban ** very knowledgeable and kind.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Everything was excellent! From the presentation to the installation! We were excited to know they should install everything the same day! We are extremely happy to be a part of the Vivint family! The sales representative was courteous and helpful in answering our questions and the technician was also very patient with me as I took my time to decide where I wanted the devices. He was thorough in explaining and demonstrating how the devices worked and was friendly and enthusiastic! I will definitely be referring family, friends, and neighbors.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I would let my friends know about this system, tech was professional and asked us if we had any questions. He set all our settings and also showed us the different features. He came back twice, worked on cameras and installed front door camera. Wife liked the different seasonal doorbell chimes.

Online & App

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Wesley and Mason were both very courteous and helpful. They explained everything clearly and showed us how to work the app and the pad. We are enjoying the system so far and have had no problems using it.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

The installation was very fast and everyone was very nice and professional. I am very pleased with the system, including the new locks, thermostat and cameras. My house feels far more secure, especially considering the fact that I go out of town for work. Very happy with the system installed.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Excellent and helpful staff!! Would definitely recommend this service to my family and my friends!! Every question has been answered and they have been knowledgeable! I’m excited for my new system to work!

Installation & SetupTechOnline & App

Reviewed June 27, 2024

My wife and I were impressed with the professionalism and knowledge of the Vivint representative. He was polite, a good listener, and responsive to our requests to repeat a few points of particular importance to us. The Company touts a respectable number in Fortune 500 and their affiliates. Yes, my wife researched as we were being informed by him. We were looking into replacing our current security system and not increasing our dollar output too much. We are both retired….and he was cognizant of the figure, laying out a program for us. We decided to switch to Vivint and will refer others. The install was by an equally pleasant, courteous, and experienced technician. He confirmed what our program entailed, and expediently knew exactly what to do, as well as instruct us on the ease of the operating panel and the app on our smartphones. We give a 10+, feeling safer in our home than before.

Ease of Use

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I had a great experience with the Vivint tech today. I am sorry I don't recall his name. He was very professional, went over everything he was going to do before he started. Once everything was setup, I was given a quick show of how the system worked. It works great, really easy to use. This system I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Richard was very friendly and professional, he explained everything in a clear, understandable manner, and it was overall a pleasant experience. They showed up on time and installed everything in a few hours. I can’t stress enough how easy and stress free this whole experience was, as this is my first home purchase and security installation. I would recommend them to anyone for home security needs.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Our installer, Manny was very patient with us and extremely helpful in teaching us to use the system. He was patient and was thorough and polite. Knowledgeable and considerate. He went above and beyond the norm. He made us feel comfortable. And walked us through the process repeatedly. I will definitely refer to friends and family. If we can use him again!

Reviewed June 27, 2024

The Vivint installer Anthony was amazing. Super helpful and informative! Would definitely recommend the services to my family and friends. Set up was quick and easy and he explained everything to the T. We will definitely be calling back to get outdoor cameras and use Anthony as a referral. Thank you!

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Our technician, Mr. Robert **, was punctual, professional, knowledgeable, and very meticulous. He called to tell us that he was on his way; verified our security needs; walked us through the system and app; changed old wiring to ensure proper connection and made sure everything worked well. When we asked about the company, Mr. ** spoke very highly of Vivint.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTech

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I have had a great experience from the I called and spoke to the Customer service, to the technician who installed and showed me how to use the system, to my daily use of the system. I would recommend Vivint to anyone looking for a whole home and or security system.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I've been pretty satisfied with service at my Church, but when it came to my home it seem to be somewhat complicated for Admin to get setup. Other than that I will recommend to others try Vivint. What I would like to see is the review frames not take so long to look at. Sometimes they're days behind the present time. (not good). Again, I would still recommend without prejudices. Rev R. **

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Had a great experience with Cody. He was very personable and friendly. He came in and took care of everything. Explained our system and made sure we were happy. I will be recommending Vivint to friends and family. As a realtor I always like to add to my resource list for Ju clients to use.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Nathan is our tech and he is very informed and ready to solve problems. His knowledge of the equipment and the process completing the transaction is professional with a touch of great personality. Nathan is quick with his installs and knew his way around his tools to be efficient and correct the first time.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

We spoke with Brian because we wanted to know benefits of upgrading our security system. He explained all facets of Vivint’s system and was the right choice for us. Great experience from start to finish. Installed all hardware the same day. Using a unified system with doorbell, lock and a cost savings over paying ADT and Ring for separate monitoring and storage.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I'm very pleased. The two salesmen were great and the install was excellent. Christian receives and A+. I hope I’m pleased with the pricing. Everyone gets a 5 on the sale and installation. I hope the customer service is as good as everything has been so far. I love the camera doorbell and its placement.

MonitoringContract & Terms

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I moved out of my property prior to the end of my contract that was serviced by Vivint. I paid in full for the equipment and only used Vivint for monitoring. I provided Vivint with the name and contact information of the new owners as was originally stated by Vivint in order to avoid being charged the remaining of my contract, The new owners decided on extending and opening up a new account under their own name since I no longer owned the property. This caused Vivint to void the transfer of my current contract to the new owners and I was still responsible for the remaining balance of my contract.

In other words, Vivint was earning monies from me (previous contract holder) and the new owners. This is deceptive business practice since Vivint is now earning double monies on two accounts (one that is no longer active) and a new account that referred by us. Do you search carefully on this company. There are many other companies in the market that will be supportive if you move/sell your property.

Installation & SetupTechOnline & App

Reviewed June 27, 2024

We had a great equipment installation experience. The tech removed and replaced the existing equipment, showed us better options for the new equipment locations, and cleaned up after he was finished. He carefully explained the functions and made sure that the three of us had the app on our phones and could operate the system by phone. I would definitely recommend this company and this security system to anyone who is looking for a good security system or an upgrade from their existing system. Thank you Vivint!

Installation & SetupTechEase of Use

Reviewed June 27, 2024

The technician that came out was amazing. His name is Omar & He explained everything perfectly to where I understood and answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend Vivint to anyone! I feel safer and that’s a big deal. The equipment is super easy to use. The job was done within a very short amount of time considering everything he installed, although doing it very efficiently.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Very good experience. Would definitely recommend. The process was smooth and painless. All concerns were taken care of and questions answered. This is the 2nd time I have chosen Vivint over other systems. Their equipment prices are on the higher side. But feel their overall system integration is one of the best out there.

Installation & SetupCamera & VideoTech

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Installer explained every detail of the equipment as well as any upgrades to the system available. He was very respectful of our home, cleaned up after himself, and placed all remaining and old equipment right where I requested it. So far I love the upgrades for our home security! Highly recommend Vivint over any other security provider. Cameras, door bell, and automatic door lock work perfectly for our home!

Reviewed June 27, 2024

The sales man moved very quickly. I didn’t know I was signing up until the application was approved. I told him I wanted a ring doorbell and a security light/camera over my driveway. Next thing I know I have an alarm system, sensors on my doors, glass break sensors, DVR heads up display, ring doorbell and the light/camera over my driveway. When I asked, he said, “it is all included in the package.” I did not realize I had a loan until after the installation was complete and I was finalizing the paperwork with the installer. I asked what the $3,800 was for and she said, “that is the loan you got for the equipment.”

They asked for my SSN and I wasn’t sure why. They hit submit on the application and thank goodness there was an error because the salesman asked what my credit score was. I told him and he said, “Oh, that is plenty high enough, it should have gone through.” I asked if they were doing a credit check and he said, “it is just a soft pull.” Never once did he mention a loan. I assumed they wanted to ensure I would not run off with the equipment and not pay my monthly subscription. They are removing all the equipment but they are not repairing the holes they put in the house. So, I have a hit on my credit, a damaged house, and no system. Either way, this is the second time I have trusted Vivint and gotten burned. Will absolutely never go with Vivint again!

TechOnline & AppEase of Use

Reviewed June 27, 2024

The tech was really helpful and explained everything. I am glad and now I feel secured. And when I was having some user error trouble he helped me through it! Thank you. I will definitely recommend Vivint to all who need it. The system seems easy to use. And I like that I am able to put different users with their own personal pins. I also like the remote feature on the app.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

We met with a very nice, informed rep Brock ** over the last two days. Brock explained everything to my husband and I until we understood everything so we could make a decision. We then had a young man come to the house within 1-2 hour of our purchase and he installed everything quickly. He cleaned up after himself and walked me through the new system. Overall a great experience.

Installation & SetupCamera & VideoTechSmart Devices

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I am very pleased with the security system. Only thing I would recommend is either a video or a info document that tells you how to do things on the hub. I can not remember everything the tech showed me and I went on the site to see if I could find a how to section. But other than that I am pleased with my purchase. Jaden was super personable and knowledgeable about the product and so was Mike the technician. When Mike installed the security system the ac had stopped working. Mike came to the rescue the very next day to fix it and he did.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Philip our install tech was fantastic. Super knowledgeable, patient, thorough and detailed. Took his time explaining the system to us when he was done after a long day of installing, we were his last appointment of the day and he never rushed. Couldn’t be happier with our decision to add a Vivint system to our new home.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

After having a couple people try to help me understand solar I was able to understand with you guys and at the affordable rate you guys offer I was happy to accept and join you guys. Plus the security system Vivint offers is amazing my family and I enjoy it.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Christian was a very good salesman and very knowledgeable about the product he sold us. He assured us that it was an easy system to use and would keep our home safe and secure. We were impressed with his sales pitch and friendly demeanor. Austin was also pleasant and friendly. We are very satisfied with our system and would recommend them and Vivint to family and friends.

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Outstanding service we received in the installation of our home alarm system. Our technician was very professional and knowledgeable in his field. The installation from start to finish was only a little over two hours. He took time also inform me and my wife about its operation. One in a million technician. Hi from

Reviewed June 27, 2024

Yes I am happy with the service. The guy who came and set up the cameras was a very good guy. I like that he was a cool and nice dude and he didn’t take long at all. I hope everything works out good with this service because this is my first time ever having cameras and an alarm system in my house. I will be sure to tell friends and family about the Vivint security system so they can get it also. Thanks

Customer ServiceTech

Reviewed June 27, 2024

The technician was very friendly and professional. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was done right. He had no problem with answer any question we had. He made us feel very comfortable and assured we were getting quality work. After he was done he went over everything he done to assure we had a clear understanding and was satisfied with the work

TechSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Still don’t know what was done to get my address and know that I had just moved but was pleased with the no pressure sales pitch. Was still moving at the time of contact and it made it difficult to determine my home’s layout and how we would end up using it in reference to the products. Sales rep and technicians were amicable and professional. I will definitely be recommending the system.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

It is awesome to feel secure and safe 24/7. Troy was a great salesman, explaining the service. Taking the time to understand my safety concerns and helping us to reach the desired outcome of security. Kimball was great installing the system and was an excellent trainer. He was very patient and helpful walking me through the system more than once till he felt I had it down.

TechOnline & AppEase of Use

Reviewed June 26, 2024

The technician arrived promptly on time. They were kind, efficient and knowledgeable. They took the time to show me how to use the app, the panel, as well as walking me me through all of the equipment that was installed. They were very courteous and kind as well as respectful of my home. All in all they were excellent at their job and I would hope to have their continued service in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

For the upmost part. I like it so far. I really appreciate Luke the salesman for explaining everything and Josh the technician for installing my services. This really means a lot now I can protect my home and vehicle. I was explain everything. Installation didn’t take that long. Everything was done to perfection. I would highly recommend this to family and friends. Thanks for everything. Luke deserves a nice commission and do Josh the technician.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Tony was an excellent sales rep! Amazing job! And the installation was excellent! It looks like we will really enjoy our new security system and feel confident leaving the house and our fur babies knowing we can watch them on the go and not wonder if someone may be prowling around! And the thought of controlling the air from away is so fun!

Reviewed June 26, 2024

The sales rep was awesome and friendly. He gave us a great deal and treated us with kindness and respect. The service was installed promptly and efficiently. We are excited to utilize this service and feel the peace of mind this service brings to my family! It looks like they disabled a nice feature the next day, so that was a little disappointing. Overall happy with the purchase.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

The salesman was top notch professional, the technician was a jack of all trades. Will definitely be staying with this company. Fair deals and promotions kept intact. Product was easy to understand and install was quick. System updates are quick and easy. The wall panel quality of life is perfect and suit my needs.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Outstanding customer service from the personnel attending my security needs. Forgot the name of the person installing the cameras but he was nothing but great at answering questions and explaining how everything works. I’ll be looking forward to see how everything works with the system and customer service in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Franger was awesome, he arrived in a timely manner with a great attitude. He explained each product available and advised where and how it would best work for my family and in my household. His work ethic and experience made the day very smooth and easy. Definitely a 5 star experience with him.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

The salesman caught us on a good day. Super helpful and funny I enjoyed both business talk and banter. It was enjoyable to say the least the experience. As well as the man that installed it was very kind and explained the usage well. We’re looking forward to using the system and seeing the difference it makes.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

JD did a great job at installing our security system! He was very friendly and professional. He explained everything thoroughly and had good recommendations on where to place the cameras and wires. We are very pleased with our system. Our sales rep Logan was also friendly and professional. All around a great experience!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTech

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Thank you to the sales team as well as the technicians who entered my home to install my system on yesterday. Everyone was so professional. The sales person took the extra mile to call back to confirm the technician's arrival time. The techs cleaned up behind themselves after the installation.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCamera & VideoOnline & AppSmart Devices

Reviewed June 26, 2024

After a recent vehicle burglary on our street, we wanted an added security measure for the exterior of the property, since our protection trained dogs stay inside at night. After some research, Vivint came in as the top ranked camera based security system, including on Forbes. I requested additional information and Eric called shortly after. He wasn't a pushy Salesman, he answered every question, ran through the entire proposal, system specs, pricing, etc. The day of the install, Sergio arrived and was awesome. He had first hand knowledge of how the system worked, performed and its capabilites. He had an answer for every question, was polite, professional, hard working and pleasant to have at the house.

Our wifi is spotty out here in the sticks, but Sergio refused to leave until it was up and running. I even gave him access to the router and he adjusted the settings to make things run smoother. Once installed, he walked us through the app, the interface and the capabilities of the camera and system, showing us how to use every function. He even vacuumed his work area when he was done. The quality of the cameras are top tier, the interface is user friendly... I couldn't be happier with Vivint. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Worked hard on the installation, but also took the time to explain all of it to me. I believe he went way beyond the normal. I so appreciate the time he spent with helping me to understand the new security system, extra camera and panel! Also, he called to check on any possible issues I might be having.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCamera & Video

Reviewed June 25, 2024

The cameras are fine. But the device they put on my garage door to give me the app-controlled garage door opener is 50/50. And because I no longer have the garage remote clickers, I find myself having to park my car in the driveway, go through my front door, open the garage door manually from the push-button on the wall, and pull my car in. And customer service is absolutely non-existent. Numerous calls have been ignored. The only time I received feedback from customer service was when the two guys who installed my system told me they're no longer with the company and won't be able to help me.

Reviewed June 25, 2024

These guys were awesome, they answers all my questions & kept it very simple & a very smooth install! I’m impressed on how fast & how they made it look so clean & I'm amazed on how did guys left it all & I can’t thank these guys enough for making sure they install it without making a huge mess.

Reviewed June 25, 2024

Service and installation was very thorough, precise and done in a timely manner. Yes, I would recommend to family and friends. The service guy as well as the salesman were both polite and courteous. The salesman even returned to check our satisfaction, which was pretty awesome. I am very thankful for the system because of the things happening.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCamera & Video

Reviewed June 25, 2024

Both gentlemen were very professional. They explained everything well and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend Vivint because of the excellent customer service. I absolutely love all of the cameras and sensors that were installed. The video has great quality and I can see everything clearly. I definitely feel safer in my home. Thank you vivint.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 25, 2024

The salesman gave a lot of misinformation, he told me the system was $1700. When the approval for line of credit for $4000 came up he said that was a mistake. I had to reenter my personal information several times. He repeatedly took my phone and entered information. He didn’t explain that there would be an additional charge for the panel. He said that I would be able to use my existing sensors for windows and doors, he said the cameras were cellular and did not have to be hard wired. The monthly cost is much more expensive than what I originally agreed to when the conversation started.

Reviewed June 25, 2024

Great experience. Z. was a great salesman, was extremely honest and knowledgeable about the system and all the options. Really amazing emphasis on all the ways it exceeded the system we had before, to include being cellular based so as to even function without power. Also the cameras’ clarity are unparalleled and I love the functionality of the system.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed June 25, 2024

Good customer service, helped with any questions I may have had. Went over the product with me and instructions on using it. The equipment is very easy to use. If you have any questions you can always contact tech support. Installing the equipment didn’t take long at all. Overall I highly recommend. Good pricing get you the best bundles. Arrival timing was excellent. They will even call you, let you know they are in the way.