4.7/5 (4848 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amanda Futrell
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Vivint Smart Home

Vivint is a home security and home automation company that offers professionally installed and monitored customized security systems with 24/7 support. Its product line includes integrated security and automation systems, outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. You can call or go online for a free quote from Vivint.

Pros

• Fully customizable systems
    • Professional installation
    • Contract-free option
    • Complete control with Vivint app

Cons

• No DIY installation option
    • Relatively high costs

Bottom Line

Vivint is a good choice for those willing to pay a bit more for a customized home security system with professional installation. All plans include a centralized hub, sensors, app control and 24/7 monitoring and support.

Vivint Smart Home Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Smart Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

We had a great experience so far, from start to finish. From an initial chat with an agent for inquiry to the installation/set up, education, and interaction with the technicians. They were quick, efficient, very knowledgeable, and kind. The app is seamless and we were able to integrate our smart thermostat. It’s a one stop shop that you can’t beat!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The technician (Sam) was super friendly, very knowledgeable and even showed up early for the 8am time block. Sam was very respectful of my pace and took his time explaining every detail of the setup and how to make the most of my system. I would definitely recommend Sam to anyone that needs an install.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The rep was really nice and the installer was great. He was friendly and patient. Everything was really quick and everyone was a pleasure to work with. Very flexible and accommodating. Hopefully the service is just as good as the setup.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I was very happy with the service that Joe ** provided me. He was out here the same day I called for a quote and installed all of my equipment, giving me great explanations on how to use all of it at the same time. I once again have peace of mind for the security of my home. I highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Jose was friendly and attentive. We powered up system, discussed shortcomings and arrived at a cost effective solution to our site situation. He tested the system and gave wife and I instruction so how to setup and use system at home or remotely via smart phone. He was excellent and our “go to” tech for any future problems or upgrades.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Installation was an excellent experience with a knowledgeable professional. Overall all this has been as smooth and painless as I could have hoped. Adding the garage door opener was handled expeditiously.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Awesome job working on my home and making it secure. I have worked with Vivint on two other properties and the manner by which the technician has performed her duty is appreciated. I look forward to sharing the experiences with friends and family

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Very professional and quick service. Installer was very helpful in showing us the system and finding a great place for camera placement. Highly recommend if anyone is looking for a good security system. Picture is clear and I love being able to see everything in the app.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Carter was very knowledgeable about the products and took the time to explain everything in great detail. He doublechecked all connections and adjusted all cameras according to our expectation and gave valuable input as to which each camera should face.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I had a scheduled installation for equipment from Vivint Smart. Greg is the one who came over and explained everything that needed to be done. After discussing a few options, Greg got to work, and all the installation was done on about an hour. He showed me how to use the system and it was easy to understand. Overall a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Joseph explained everything. Was knowledgeable and courteous. He discussed all requirements, went over contracts, applications, how to log on phone and all features. Also informed me if there are questions later I can contact him or the company. I will definitely refer others based on my experience with this company. Thank you so much.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

J.C. ** was nothing but pleasant, professional and very patient. I could not have asked for a better Tech. I was very disappointed in that I was given a different price than quoted, which had nothing to do with him. He helped me get a supervisor but the supervisor took the price down but increased the monitoring. Which made not sense to me. Told me basically I could not get what was quoted to me.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Very easy set up and very professional installer. Didn’t mind that I talked a lot haha. Would recommend this service to anyone. I feel safer already and now my doorbell will not die on me all the time! Replaced my Ring doorbell for the Vivint system and already love it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I talked to Shayne with Vivint and he quoted me a price on the phone. I wrote everything down on paper and read it back to him. He stated it was correct. The price was $68 a month including the equipment but when the Technician arrived he said it was $83 a month. I wasn't happy about it but I decided to go ahead. I called several companies and got quotes and Vivint was the cheapest price but actually it wasn't because I was given the wrong quote.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

We worked with Ariel and she was so great, on time and answered all of our questions. She was a great and made us comfortable. The team that came was amazing, they worked fast and neat. Can complain, Vivint was definitely a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Bella my representative was amazing! Went through a list of products I wanted or needed and got the best custom package for my family! No interest! Flat monthly rate for my products and monitoring system. Don’t know why I waited this long to change from Ring to Vivint.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

The installer and consultant was phenomenal to work with. Bob ** walked me through everything, helped identify areas and equipment of need, and took care of our home like it was his own. I appreciate his efforts and highly recommend him for any future work.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Vivint Home Security is awesome. Their team was dedicated in making me a happy customer and getting me the best deals possible. They were on time and professional. They install my system quickly and neatly. They gave me a good price and discount on the equipment. I love it. They sat down and went over everything with me like the equipment.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

The installation took over 12 hours. One camera not installed where I wanted a view. Had to be relocated. Tech was great and it was a very long day for both of us. I wanted the door lock and once installed it would not lock. Many adjustments and it still would not lock. Had to remove and put in my old lock. I don't want this review to reflect on the tech, because he was very patient and kind. I feel this should have been a two man job from start to finish. The tutorial was quick because it had been such a long day. Another thing I want to add is. The day after installation I get an email about new installation can have up to 6 months monitoring free. I called and they said I don't qualify. Why send me the email,?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

The rep was very professional, courteous, installed all the equipment as I wanted and answered all of my questions. I would definitely recommend this to others. I used to use ADT and quit because they were so non-responsive. So far I’m very happy with Vivint!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Vivint is by far the worst experience I've had with a security system. The cameras have great picture quality when they work, but that's the issue. They are constantly at low signal or no signal. The warnings are often minutes behind the actual event. The interface and app are terribly not user friendly. The customer service kept pushing a tech out post installation when we had issues and wanted to return the system. Then when customer service finally listened to my return request they said they couldn't do anything because it was past the 3 DAY RETURN POLICY. YOU ONLY HAVE 3 DAYS TO EVALUATE AND DECIDE ON THE SYSTEM. That is insane and unclear when purchasing the system.

They assured me that I would have plenty of time to think about it but that is not the case. Overall the system is the worst security system I have ever owned and would not recommend it to anyone. I am now stuck with a system that doesn't work well and is far under par compared to almost every other system that is a fraction of the price.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Technician came the same day. They were very helpful. The cameras are up to date. They provide good service and quality. The last company could not keep their word on the same wavelength. This company consider their customers important.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

They left before hooking up my outside cameras which is completely unprofessional. I won't be recommending them to anyone. I thought the technician could have been more empathetic on me having cameras to protect my kids and house. Not happy.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

On time, accurate information, installation and instructions thorough. Took the time to make sure things were properly installed, gave advice when needed, professional and courteous. When done made sure area was cleaned. Explained the service after the service, made sure we understood how to resolve any issues.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Job was well done and employees were kind and informative. Product is easy to understand and to navigate through. Would highly recommend this product to family and friends. Customer care is a big thing for me and the 2 employees were very professional.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Keeho was very knowledgeable and kind. I feel like I got a good deal…?? So far no complaints about the products, satisfied so far. The dryer function on the front of my house will scare anyone away!! (Strobe, following them and whistling at them!) Also got solar, good experience as well.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Tech was knowledgeable and very helpful. He spent quite a bit of time explaining the system and its advantages. He reviewed the entire system and made it easier for both myself and my husband to understand. I will definitely recommend Vivint to my contacts should the occasion arise.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

When I decides security systems at home, I had to compare prices and how fast response from the several companies. Vivint gave fastest answers what I wants and reasonable price and very kindly explain after they set up. I feel very safety now.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Yes I would, Otto Install everything fast and explain everything step on how to set it up. Soon I will add Cameras with Vivint. I would recommend Otto to a friend or family to set up with Vivint. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

The technicians were very knowledgeable of their profession and they walked us through the whole setup. We're looking forward to enjoying more peaceful moments knowing our home is protected. We will highly recommend this product to our family members and friends

Vivint Smart Home Company Information