Vivint

4x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Equipment, Best for Installation and Best Monitoring
4.7(32,219)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Vivint

Vivint offers integrated systems with outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. Systems require professional installation and come with 24/7 professional monitoring.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Fully customizable
    • Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
    • Good mobile app
    Cons
    • No DIY option
    • No trial period
    • A little pricey

Over 25k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 85%
    • 6%
    • 3%
    • 2%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Reviewed June 13, 2024

I would definitely recommend to anyone. The tech who came out was so friendly and respectful of us and our property. He took his time to explain the system to us and wanted to be sure that we understood. He was so nice. To sum it up, my husband and I would definitely recommend this company. So far so good.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

My experience was great. Both Sales rep and Installation tech were very familiar with the system and tools. They were very professional and also cordial. They took time to answer all my questions if I needed additional information. They also made sure that I was knowledgeable of the entire package, any additional items that I considered adding onto my plan.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Kevin was knowledgeable and patient with questions. He was able to help set me up with what I was looking for. The installation went smooth and was able to get info from the tech on the best places for cameras. He showed me how everything works, and made sure everything worked prior to leaving. He cleaned up his mess and was able to make everything look clean and tidy. Happy with my choice to go with Vivint.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The gentleman that came installed my cameras were very helpful and kind. He explained what was supposed to be done. We need more people like that. That helps for the internet and for the cameras how to understand them. I appreciate the gentleman that came and helped us. I will be calling him again so he can come and connect more cameras at my property.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

We bought a home that already had Vivint equipment installed so we decided to use it as well. It was an easy activation and start-up. Employees on the phone were friendly. They gave me a good run-through of things and I felt it was helpful. Overall a good experience. I feel safe in my new home.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Nick was amazing, he answered any and all questions I had and I felt comfortable after he left with the alarm. He worked with me and tried everything I suggested and even gave his suggest for camera spots and whatnot. I would definitely recommend to family and friends in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Tech did a great job. Had some issues with the chime extender but kept working until he figured it out. Sensors, chimes and camera all work well. Removed previous system's hardware carefully and expertly so I can return it to the other company. No complaints and I would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

I was surprised on how useful this all is, I honestly was thinking maybe I do cancel I'm not sure I need this but in reality it's very nice to have and does give peace of mind. I know it's cheesy but when you can look at your front door any time of day Is nice. 25 years old and would recommend.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Mr Matteo R showed up at my door and convinced me to change our security system. We don’t usually talk to strangers. I believe the technician’s name was Greg. He got everything installed and patiently answered all my questions. My husband and I woke up refreshed from having a steady room temperature all night. I typically get up once or twice in the night to change the thermostat temperature. I like being able to lock the garage door when I leave my husband home alone.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The technician explained everything very thoroughly before anything was installed. I was shown the equipment that was being installed. I knew what my pricing was going to be upfront. The system works great and I feel secure in my home. I am able to view what is going on at my front door when I am away and that gives me peace of mind.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Very professional and got the job done quick. Showed us everything about the system and answered all questions we had. He took our thoughts into consideration when installing outdoor cameras. He also provided us with multiple options when it came to mounting things to the wall. We are very pleased with the service we received.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

I have no problems with device or service but my techs did not let me know how to find or use the device settings. Everyone can hear the countdown when I leave. It was funny for a couple of days but has become very annoying in the morning. Luckily it was easy to find the device settings and adjust the volume.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTechOnline & App

Reviewed June 12, 2024

I like the security system. It's so good that I can see the person at my front door, on the installed screen control monitor in the living room and also on my phone. The most beautiful part is, been able to still use the features from your phone, when you are not at home, and not just seeing only what is going on. The technician, Michael **, was so good at his job, explaining all that I need to know in navigating the app on my phone..

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Very Informative and very helpful. Helped explained the product and step by step set-up. Made it known the contact information in case there were questions or if we needed help. Both members of the Vivint team that we talked to and worked with were kind and respectful. I would recommend them to others who are curious or inquiring.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The selling agent was very thorough in his presentation and explanations. He demonstrated all of the features that were available with the Vivint security system. He was very neat and personable. The installer arrived in a timely manner. He was pleasant and persevered through a difficult installation. He also explained everything.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The salesman and installer were very respectful to us and the household. The installer cleaned up any messes he made and was very thorough when he was explaining how the system worked. He took into consideration on where we wanted the cameras installed and agreed on the angles that would be shot.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTech

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Clay the salesman, and Chad the installer were extremely professional, take pride in the products they sell, and were easy to strike a conversation with. I truly feel that the experience was catered to me and the process very easygoing. Happy with the same day installation and the user friendly interface.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The prices stressed to me focused on $4,000. No prices were given for any component. The sales are quick to overwhelm the customer with info to keep one from focusing on the dollars. Total cost was never revealed. I had to dig and continuously question. Finally, I said the math computes to over $9,000. Over twice the amount the salesman led me to believe the system would cost. The product might be wonderful. The sales typical sleazy, misleading, shenanigans. The system might be worth it. It was just sold to me and installed last night. The price doesn’t bother me but a company intentionally distracting and deceiving me does! Buyer beware with this company!

Customer ServiceTech

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Customer service and installer answered any and all questions that I had in regards to the service and the products. They were very patient with me. Michael the installer insured that I knew how to work the equipment and allowed me to feel unrushed with answering all of my questions very, very professional

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The reason I bought this system is because the young man, Steve ** I think was his last name. He worked so hard with me on every issue. He went above and beyond to iron out issues I didn't like and helped me get the billing and the alarm sounds and cameras set up just like I wanted them. Steve is the reason I signed the contract. He's a go getter, a fine young man! Thank you Steve for putting up with me.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Work was done well and Richard, the installer was excellent. There have been minor problems but they have all been addressed. The only thing we did not care for was the immediate installation after signing. It was a long day and we were exhausted after it was over. Would have been much better to schedule installation another day.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The team that came to my house was very knowledgeable of the of the product and both the salesman and the installer had wonderful personalities and was very skillful and concerned about the quality of their work. Both was Very integral. Both reassured me as the customer that I was getting the best quality service that they had to offer. I would recommend and have recommended them to my neighbors and friends.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

The guys came in and talked to us. We laughed, while the work was getting done! They knew what they were doing, didn’t take them long at all to install! The Vivint camera works perfectly, also the door sensors! Honestly we’ll definitely tell everyone about you guys, we appreciate the service you guys provided. Being in the field myself going door to door, when I don’t have appointments made me understand how Vivint operates and it’s not easy.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

My husband and I are very pleased with our new home system. The agent and installer were very courteous and knowledgeable and addressed all of our concerns and questions. They went out of their way to ensure we got everything that we requested for our home. We would highly recommend Vivint to anyone looking for a safety system for their home.

Installation & SetupTechSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 11, 2024

The initial inquiry & sales experience was easy and efficient; however, the installation/service was not as equivalent. I did not expect the install to take a 5+ hours, and there be a mess to clean up afterwards. I also didn’t anticipate having to fill holes in the wall (holes were bigger than the wiring). And, there’s quite a bit of other cosmetic work to be done following the door lock & doorbell installs. The tech asked for a broom to sweep, but didn’t sweep up the wood shavings in all areas of my home.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Both the Vivint representative/installer were very great and helpful. It was on my to list to install a security system (mostly just the camera and doorbell cam). I do wish some of the pricing was explained a bit more in depth, the system is pretty pricey comparatively to other services so hopefully worth it!

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Installer was on time and very knowledgeable about the product. The A/C was not working correctly at first but Angelo was able to quickly fix the issue and now everything works great. After the installation was completed I was given a tutorial on the equipment along with app. I am very pleased with the equipment and service. I would recommend Vivint products in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Victor was personable but professional and informative, and answered questions to my understanding. The technician was also courteous and professional and pleasant and explained the system understandably.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

The install rep was very polite, patient, and was on time. The communication from the beginning was top-notch, he was knowledgeable about the system, the setup, provided great info for other family members to use as well. He walked me through each step with ease. Seems like a great system, hope it keeps the family safe.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

The tech that came out was great! I have to be honest though, the tech did step on some wiring in the attic and now the bedroom lights trip the breaker when you flip them on so I will have to go through all the wiring now and find the break. Other than that really great service!

Reviewed June 11, 2024

The representative was great! He was called to fix an issue with the box and transfer the service to me. He was Very helpful and courteous. He took his time and answered my questions. I work from home so I couldn’t always stop but he was patient and waited for a break if he needed me.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

The employees were very knowledgeable and helpful with showing how to operate our new smart system. Best customer service ever. I will definitely refer my co-workers and neighbors to Vivint smart security systems. The system has been working as described and has given my wife and me a great deal of protection.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Had a great experience with the Vivint reps, Brodie and Alex. They were very helpful and knowledgeable and set me up very quickly. I am a returning customer to Vivint and I am happy to be back. Keep up the good work. We are very pleased with the customer service and support.

Darell **

Installation & SetupOnline & App

Reviewed June 11, 2024

This has been the worst experience possible and we are so disappointed by Vivint. We’ve only been customers since Saturday and highly regret it already. I will not refer anyone to Vivint until someone in management can explain to our family why our keypads have fallen out of the walls, why the deadbolts won’t lock from the app, why the tech set up our verbal password and didn’t tell us what it was, why they installed a doorbell even though we had Ring and told them we didn’t need a new doorbell monitor, and why the main panel in our closet was left disassembled. So infuriating.

TechOnline & App

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I forget his name, but our installer was professional, well kept, and even cleaned up after himself. Took his time to show me how to use the system and how to set up my account. I was able to use the app right away and felt safer that night in my new home knowing that I had an alarm system set up.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I luckily realized I got scammed the next day and cancelled within the 3 day window. It has been difficult getting them to remove equipment. I could get the same system - with better components - for literally 1/10 the cost of what they charged. The rep invited himself into my home at dinner time after I spent an entire day doing manual labor and 3 days of no sleep due to an angry cat, and he said my neighbors were getting shot on their porches. I could not possibly be more upset at this company, and am mortified that I got scammed as a first time homeowner.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Horrible and very non transparent experience. I initially only let the salesman give his pitch because he started by saying they just wanted marketing and everything would be free. Once we finally get towards the end of everything and he has me fill out info for a bank loan, I see it’s $4,000 and question him, asking if I’m paying $4,000. He says no, that’s just the amount they approve you for. Well, turns out after speaking with the bank and customer support at Vivint, everything is definitely $4,000 and they’re trying to lock me into a 5 year contract for that. Cancelled immediately. Cancellation process has been horrendous, they’re trying everything they can to drag it out and let me slide past the trial period.

Reviewed June 10, 2024

The customer service provided by Camden, Elijah, Brandon and Karsten was and is fantastic. These young men are very knowledgeable. I also appreciate how respectful they were. I’m looking forward to have the extra solar panels installed and save more on my electric bill. I will definitely recommend Vivint to my friends and family.

Reviewed June 10, 2024

Very communicative and professional. I would definitely recommend this service to family and friends. It is a needed service especially with crime and community issues on the rise and I am grateful for the recommendation of service for the Vivint security services. I am utilizing the services daily since the service was introduced to us and implemented in our home.

Reviewed June 10, 2024

I am very pleased with the product. The representative was honest and very thorough. He explained things to me several times so that I understood clearly. All the technicians were polite and respectful of me and my home. They kept me informed as to their progress of installation. Afterwards they sat down with me and explained to me how to use the product and encouraged me to play around with it until I become familiar with it. I would definitely recommend Vivint to anyone that needs or want to switch over to a better security company. Vivint is definitely the one.

Reviewed June 10, 2024

Ray was amazing! He was thorough and helpful, efficient, and easy to work with! He communicated and explained what he was doing every step of the way! He stayed within the timeline assigned and offered to clean up any mess made from drilling! You talked through potential permits, security codes and explained the system use in detail upon completion!

Reviewed June 10, 2024

So far I’m enjoying this new alarm system. This is far the best alarm I’ve had. When I tell you the camera quality is top-tier. It’s g