4.7/5 (4842 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amanda Futrell
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Vivint Smart Home

Vivint is a home security and home automation company that offers professionally installed and monitored customized security systems with 24/7 support. Its product line includes integrated security and automation systems, outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. You can call or go online for a free quote from Vivint.

Pros

• Fully customizable systems
    • Professional installation
    • Contract-free option
    • Complete control with Vivint app

Cons

• No DIY installation option
    • Relatively high costs

Bottom Line

Vivint is a good choice for those willing to pay a bit more for a customized home security system with professional installation. All plans include a centralized hub, sensors, app control and 24/7 monitoring and support.

Vivint Smart Home Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Smart Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

The whole experience went well!! The salesman was very nice and knowledgeable!! The installers more very knowledgeable friendly and very nice people to work with! They explained everything to us how to use the system! I would recommend this company to anyone! In my neighborhood I drive up and down our streets and all my neighbors have the same product!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Shannon! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Carlos and Steven were great! Helped me out with all questions! The idea of Vivint is very convenient and user-friendly. I am glad I got the service and I am glad I have this security system. I would highly recommend.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Khalid! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

The installation was done accurately and professionally. The installer was polite and took the time to explain what he was doing. When he was done he went over the complete operation of the system until we were comfortable using it.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Peter! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Installation technician was awesome and did a great job. Service representative was very helpful and understanding of what I needed monitored. Definitely check out their website and see for yourself. There's great package plans that'll fit your needs or customize your own.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Brant! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Our tech was very professional. Our sales agent was new to his role but very enthusiastic. The system works right away and links all of my smart home items in one location. This will streamline all of our home needs.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Did a great job, worked with us on where to put the camera at for better position, was polite and kind and had great advice on the devices that we was getting and how they work best. Would most definitely spread the word about Vivint home security.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Amazing customer service and technician. Just a great experience overall. Would recommend to anyone who's looking for a security system. They take care of their vets too and gave me a great discount! Best company to date, couldn't ask for a better security system.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The sales person did an excellent job on explaining everything. The install tech was very knowledgeable and did an excellent job. I felt comfortable with the system when they left. The videos are very clear and the control panel is much more easier to use than what I had previously. Definitely will recommend.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The technician was on time and respectful, reviewed all the information requiring my signature or initials, completed the work in a timely manner, cleaned up behind himself, and answered all my questions. The app was friendly and easy to use. The entire process was efficient and unobtrusive.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

He was very friendly and knows about everything he did. He made sure we knew how to use the app and the pad. He also showed us how to program the thermostat and then the door lock. He let us know that the door lock also unarmed the alarm.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The installer, I think his name was Rick, was very professional and courteous! He helped us with any questions or concerns we had and showed us how everything worked. I would very much recommend the product and service they provided.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Initially Clifford answered all my questions and made sure I knew what set up I was getting. Then he set up an appointment. Davis my tech came out and set everything up. He answered the rest of my questions. Made sure I knew the price, how to access the app, and how to use the panel and app itself. They both explained everything so thoroughly it put my mind at ease switching.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

My technician was very thorough and offered solutions to potential issues with location of certain pieces of equipment. Very helpful. Additionally, he didn't mind my dog wanting to check him out. He was very good with my Yorkie sniffing him.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Aaron was very helpful and informative. We had some technical difficulties because the system that was already in my new home was old and needed to be updated. He notice some equipment was missing from my setup and he made sure it was added and setup. Aaron was patient and Pleasant.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The Vivint system has been super easy to set up and great service so far! Would highly recommend to anyone considering getting an alarm system. I am impressed with the app and different configurations there are for each product as well as custom rule setting.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The 2 technicians were very knowledgeable and professional. They were quick with the install and the instructions on how to operate the home system. I couldn’t have been more pleased with every facet of the installation process. Vivint has exceeded my expectations compared with my previous home system.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Technicians were pretty good with the whole process, they knew their stuff well. All in all, great experience. I enjoyed their professionalism, suggestions to make the home more secure by choosing better locations to put sensors, cameras and everything else.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Job got done on time, efficient. The new system will work great. There's not much more to say. He came and installed what he needed to install. Would tell a friend or a family member of this service. Thank you. Sincerely Clay **. Please don't fill my email with a bunch of junk mail. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Both Christian and Gabrel were very curious and respectful of our time and desires on the alarm system. Both were well informative and helpful. Gabriel worked until it was all installed even though he was working past his quitting time.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I previously had Vivint installed, but, due to some installation issues at the time, grew a bit annoyed and in that span switched to ADT system. Hands down a terrible decision. There is no comparison between the Vivint and ADT products. It is the literal difference of operating on a 2022 Macintosh laptop or a 1984 Microsoft PC. I'm just happy to be back with Vivint and their offer to buy me out of my ADT contract (which I did not want to be in) only made the decision easier. This is apples and onions in comparison. Learned my lesson the hard way. Vivint is the future.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

From the introduction to installation went pretty fast. Each member was very informative and helpful. Sunny ** was very detailed in his explanation and patient when I asked all my questions. The installation was quick and accommodating to my time I was available.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Nathan explained everything perfect and David the installer was fast and friendly. The cameras work great! I was a little skeptical at first but the price was right and the salesman was on point. I'm very pleased. The cameras are very high quality.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Brian! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The salesman was very pleasant and professional. The installation went well. Fast and easy, they went over all aspects of system and made us confident in using it. Would definitely recommend this company. It was a pleasure doing business with them.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Brunella! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

It was a quick and clean installation, he was cordial and thorough in explaining everything and answering all questions, he gave good recommendations for other products and services for future consideration, has earned stellar review and is a model employee.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Braeden! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Installer was polite, courteous and knowledgeable about the equipment. He presented good positions on where the panel should go in the home. He was patient when he was explaining the panel and door knob to us. I had recommend this company to a family. Thank you.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Allison! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Setting up was really easy BUT when the installer came out, he was annoyed to be here at our home. He also made a big mess and cleaned nothing up. Left trash in our home and in front yard. Very disappointing.

Vivint Smart Home response

Nicholas thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Pleasant and helpful installing my system. He went over all the step with me and made sure I fully understood the system. I feel that my house is safe and secured now. I like that I can see my dog on camera.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Danny the individual that explained this security system to me. Noah the technician very polite. There was a lot to be done. Noah worked diligently to complete the job and explained everything to me. We checked each sensor to make sure they worked correctly.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Debora! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Jimmy was awesome and very knowledgeable about the system. He went above and beyond our expectations. We would definitely recommend Vivint to anyone in our neighborhood. The technician was on time and did an awesome job installing our alarm system.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

They were professional and showed me things that my previous provider did not offer. They came and removed the old equipment and installed the new equipment and extra stuff that my previous provider didn’t provide it suggest. It’s been great so far, but it’s only been 2 days. I’ll give a follow up in 32 days, to talk about the battery life, the camera and see if everything is working as it should.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Kischa! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Vivint Smart Home Company Information