4.7/5 (4870 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amanda Futrell
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Vivint Smart Home

Vivint is a home security and home automation company that offers professionally installed and monitored customized security systems with 24/7 support. Its product line includes integrated security and automation systems, outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. You can call or go online for a free quote from Vivint.

Pros

• Fully customizable systems
    • Professional installation
    • Contract-free option
    • Complete control with Vivint app

Cons

• No DIY installation option
    • Relatively high costs

Bottom Line

Vivint is a good choice for those willing to pay a bit more for a customized home security system with professional installation. All plans include a centralized hub, sensors, app control and 24/7 monitoring and support.

Vivint Smart Home Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Smart Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Josh came out and professionally installed our Vivint Security system. It was the best experience I have had with an install from a home security company. His knowledge of the system and coaching were of great value to me. The product itself is superb and I am extremely pleased.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Our Vivint Tech Pro Shaun was awesome & extremely thorough. He walked us through every option, feature and installation process. Helped us setup the mobile app and showed us how to use it. We highly recommend this service to everyone!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Came and did a good job. I’m Satisfied with the system so far. Still learning how to work it but it seems pretty easy. No Complaints at all. I would Recommend him to anyone and didn’t take as long as I thought it would.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I was completely caught off guard by my final cost of my “equipment” when all was said and done. I spent several hours over a 2 day period and numerous reps telling them that the math just didn’t add up. I never was given an itemized breakdown of all cost. I was only shown what i would pay monthly for my equipment and what I would play monthly for my services. I decided to cancel on the 3rd day. They don’t make the cancellation process easy. They set you up and install at the drop of a dime. They said the full cancellation process could take up to 30 days.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Michael communicated great about his arrival time, he was quick and efficient, very friendly and informative and overall did a fantastic job! His customer service was on point! Would highly recommend Vivint and Michael to friends and family! Thank you for getting my new home protected.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Issac was awesome! Very helpful, explained everything. Took the time to go through all aspects of the operation of not only the panel but also how to do everything on my phone. I was so happy that he was able to integrate my garage door opener with the system. I now know my family is the safest we can be. I will definitely recommend VIVINT/Issac to anyone that is interested in the best alarm system for their home.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

The first time I installed with your company The camera system would come and go and have issues The billing system mess up my billing. I had to have all that fixed over numerous times. Over the course of The time that I've had service there has been a lot of lagging, animal detection and wind detection telling me that there is a person present when there is not even though I was told it's not supposed to detect anything other than a person. I continued with this service as I already had an agreement just recently. Had a sales rep out. Told me about the new updated cameras and spotlights which is very convenient for a longer playback period on an SD card as well as the spotlight. After installation the camera system in the driveway where the spotlight is does not detect the detection zone that it is supposed to. The camera has been offline. The cameras in the backyard are still detecting the animals as people being present.

I received an email stating that I was going to be charged a one-time fee for the new purchase which was not the case. It was supposed to be finance and I even have the documents to show. I contacted the sales rep and let him know that I was unsatisfied about this and that it needed to be resolved. Two days later I received the same email yet again that I am going to be filled a one-time charge for the service products that have been just installed. Again very dissatisfied. Camera in the front yard driveway is still not detecting people in the detection zone. A technician has not been out or scheduled to come back out in any means or contact with me. I will not be recommending this company to anybody. I will finish off my service and I will be done as well.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I had a security system installed by Daniel ** from Vivint yesterday. To say I am pleased is an understatement. Not only am I pleased with the equipment, Daniel was very thorough in explaining how to use the system. Also, he was very professional and personable. Highly recommended.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

My tech was very professional and took time to explain how everything works. The setup was hassle free and kept everything clean. He was on time and kept appointment on the time frame he had said he would come.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Thank you so much Vivint. The installer was fast and very knowledgeable. I just love Vivint at my Home, Business, and Apartment. He also added sensors on every window and door. Also added for windows if someone breaks the glass. I am very happy with their service install and customer care.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I started this process several months ago and had to continually push back installation due to setbacks with utilities. Heather our rep was so accommodating and understanding. We had our installation today and the installer was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. I will recommend Vivint to other business owners in the area.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Cody was on time and was obviously very knowledgeable about the system. Very personable as well. It was a pleasure to have Cody install our system. He did an excellent job of explaining what the system he installed could do and how to access the various parts of the system.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I was very satisfied with the installation process. Everything was well explained to me. The gentleman was very helpful with any questions that were asked. I think I will enjoy this new security system that has been installed for my protection as well as my family.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Alex is the kind of rep everyone deserves. A1 Service. He's amazing and I'm so glad to have such an awesome guy. Thanks Alex, you're the Best. Time to Level up. Not sure what that looks like but you have perfected this side of the business. Teach it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Installation was super fast. Jon our installation expert was very professional, worked quickly and had all the knowledge to answer any questions we had. Using the system is super easy and self explanatory. We know our home is more secure. Big thank you to Vivint.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Great company. Great install rep. I called on a Friday and had my system fully installed by Monday morning. Spencer was really helpful and clearly explained all of my options. The app & hardware is really easy to use. I can operate all necessary security options from my phone. Tech support is readily available. Glad I left ADT for Vivint.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

The installations guys were great!! Arrived on time. Went over all the details, answered all my questions & showed me & my husband how to use the system properly & efficiently! Definitely would recommend them to friends & neighbors! Thank you guys so much.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Yessssss Anthony and Chris are very professional, answer all my questions! Got the job done! I’m glad I went with this company. As soon as I made my appointment the next day I had my cameras installed. Now I feel safer than I ever did before. Thank you Vivint.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Install was seamless, and I enjoyed the experience. The entire team from sales to install was very personable and helpful. I have already recommend to friends. The product is easy to use and seems to be of high quality. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Chad was very friendly and professional, quick, cleaned up after himself, answered all my questions. Helped me set up all my cameras and walked me through every step and even educated me on a few things that I had no idea how to do. Great experience dealing with Vivint. Would definitely recommend the Vivint to anybody that would like to put a security system in their home.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

From the initial call to the two gentlemen who came to do the install and go over the whole system and features I can’t say enough good things. I think it’s a great value for the price and I feel safer in my home now than I ever have.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Technicians were fantastic and quick! Both very nice and respectful with our home. Will definitely recommend them to any new homeowner! Explained every piece of equipment that was installed, showed me how to do use it also. Very quick and easy process 10/10!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I contacted Customer service for assistance with reactivating an existing system. I felt like I did not get clear instructions on the system. I was told the 30 minute call would assist me with the set up and answer all questions. However, I only received a text exchange for the set up and it took about an hour. The agent called but it felt rushed and I was driving and not in front of the system to truly navigate and ask more questions. I still have questions. I will more than likely find a tutorial on the site or call customer service again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Great customer service. He did the job right and left us feeling with a sense of security. Couldn’t have asked for a better tech and a better experience. From the start this was awesome but our first tech was incompetent and had no true idea what he was doing. Luis came in and reassured us we were in good hands. He surely did knock it out of the park! Greatly appreciated all around!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I’m very happy with the cameras and the service and the guy that installed it was very knowledgeable. He knew what he was doing. Answered all my questions. Showed and explained how to use it. He made the experience very nice. I will recommend y’all to my friends.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Service was great, quick and easy. I would definitely recommend to anyone I know. I feel safe and protected with my security system installed. It makes my life so much easier knowing I have complete control of my house when I’m not available.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

We just had our installation and was able to get most of what we anticipated. Being we don’t have an attic, it was difficult to manage an easy way to get more outdoor cameras hardwired to the home. We still were able to get three cameras including doorbell. We replaced all our sensors since our alarm.com ones were starting to malfunction after just one year. We integrated our front door lock, have our co2 sensor monitor, and water monitors. We feel way more secure than before!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

We had a great experience so far, from start to finish. From an initial chat with an agent for inquiry to the installation/set up, education, and interaction with the technicians. They were quick, efficient, very knowledgeable, and kind. The app is seamless and we were able to integrate our smart thermostat. It’s a one stop shop that you can’t beat!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The technician (Sam) was super friendly, very knowledgeable and even showed up early for the 8am time block. Sam was very respectful of my pace and took his time explaining every detail of the setup and how to make the most of my system. I would definitely recommend Sam to anyone that needs an install.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The rep was really nice and the installer was great. He was friendly and patient. Everything was really quick and everyone was a pleasure to work with. Very flexible and accommodating. Hopefully the service is just as good as the setup.

Vivint Smart Home Company Information