Vivint

4x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Equipment, Best for Installation and Best Monitoring
4.7(32,589)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Vivint

Vivint offers integrated systems with outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. Systems require professional installation and come with 24/7 professional monitoring.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Fully customizable
    • Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
    • Good mobile app
    Cons
    • No DIY option
    • No trial period
    • A little pricey

Over 25k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 85%
    • 7%
    • 3%
    • 2%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Reviewed July 10, 2024

Dom and Tim went above and beyond yesterday while setting up my home security system. I not only feel safe now but while they were installing they were patient, kind and gentle. I not only have an updated security system but a security system I know how to work. Tim and Dom felt the situation I was in and handled me with kid gloves and I will be eternally grateful.

Reviewed July 10, 2024

I just moved into a rental property and was overwhelmed by the choices. A marketing specialist from Vivint knocked on my door and we sat down and had a serious discussion about cost, practicality and security. The service was installed and up and running the very next day! My thanks for helping me keep safe and secure.

Reviewed July 10, 2024

They are awesome! A tech came out the same day as the sales rep. Wow, impressed! I had never heard of this company before, but I'm grateful they knocked on my door. I had been thinking about getting a Ring doorbell and they have that and then some, at an affordable rate. I'm stoked!

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Great experience, I would recommend this company to a friend. The technician arrived on time, very punctual. His service was excellent, he explained everything from start to finish. He took him time with the installation. I am very excited to start my security system journey with this company. I have been very disappointed in the past with other companies.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Vivint came in and offered us a great deal with cameras and door lock system. They were able to install it same day and quick too. Super happy with their service. Thank you Carter and Isaac for your help and support to get this mission completed. Much appreciated for all of your hard work.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Install Security System with camera/Cell phone capability. Would recommend this system, and Vendor. Installers were knowledgeable, worked well together. They both knew what each other was working on and what needed to take place next. Explained well how the System worked and what to do if you encountered a problem or issue.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

I started using Vivint Home security and was impress for high technology and reasonable price. They installed outside cameras with this light that follow those that walking around. Very nice. Also a window break alarm, the control panel, front door lock, garage door remote control, thermostat, a lot of stuff. Thanks.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Lost my job, couldn’t afford the service anymore. When trying to access the panel I’m unable to, and when I call for help they don’t help because the service is not active. If you buy this equipment and stop paying the monthly service fee. Then you will just have a brick.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Ernest (Rep) was very thorough and knowledgeable as to the company, and products. His advice was very helpful as to how we could upgrade our system. The service rep, Luke, was quite patient and informative about the process. Both men were very respectful. Just because of the aforementioned and the character we noticed in both young men, made us retain the good feeling about the company (from when we first inquiry, purchased, and now upgrades). Quality products and quality service.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Great service from the techs that were sent out. Connie did a great job with setting everything up as well as training her trainee. Very efficient and helpful. Would recommend to anyone I know buying a home and needing a security system installed. Everything was set up correctly and each piece of equipment I was briefed and educated on.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

The salesman was very polite and knowledgeable about the company and equipment. He explained everything really well and didn't try to make me get more than I wanted. The installation technician did a good job. Installation went well and he explained all equipment to me and made sure I understood how to use it. Answered all my questions. Very professional.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

I'm very happy with the installation and service that Vivint provided. Quick turnaround from ordering to installation. Installer was very kind and thorough. He went through the app and panel to make sure I understood it all. What else do I have to say? I can eloquently state my opinion in short, precise statements

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

The guys that came out to install my alarm system were very professional. However, once they were done. They sat outside of my home talking for about a half hour parked in front of my lawn trash bags. Causing the trash pickup guys to bypass my house because my trash was blocked by Vivint vehicle. My trash had to sit there another week before being picked up. I was pissed. Also, they never gave me a sign to put on my yard nor the stickers to go in my window. When I called, they had one of the technicians to bring my stickers, but I still didn’t receive my sign for the yard.

When I called Vivint. A female representative tells me that they didn’t have any more and that they had to order some and I would get it by Friday, which was July 5th. How are you one of the largest security companies in the world and don’t have yard signs? And to top it off, I still didn’t receive my yard sign on Friday July 5th so I had to call today which is Tuesday July 9th for my sign. Vivint has do do better about communication. Because all they had to do was tell me they didn’t have the sign at the time and ordered me one to be delivered. I hope I didn’t make a mistake by choosing this company.

TechSmart Devices

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Starting from the salesman Seth **, he was professional & not at all pushy or condescending. My apologies for not remembering the installer's name but he too was professional & even policed up his mess. This is something I’ve been wanting to do myself but taking into account the time it would take me to do it versus the time I’m actually home & having to download some Chinese app. This was a no brainer. Love the fact that the system is a POE with WiFi bridge instead of just WiFi. Will definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Outstanding! Educational, informative, friendly, and professional. Everyone involved was engaged, focused, and attentive. The installation team worked efficiently and took time to help me understand how everything worked. The initial contact representative was kind, polite, and respectful. I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is interested in improving their home security.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Andy was awesome and was able to set everything up quickly and safely. He walked us through how to use all of the equipment and left the house very clean. I would Highly recommend Andy to anyone who is having their Vivint installed. We feel safe in our new home and that is the most important thing to us.

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Doug was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process of our installation. He was communicative before even stepping into our home and continued to update us about what he was doing throughout the day. He ran us through new Vivint features we didn't know about and demonstrated everything before leaving. We're so glad that he helped us feel more secure in our home!

Customer ServiceTech

Reviewed July 9, 2024

The technician that came out to my home was wonderful. He was quick to answer any questions and was polite and knowledgeable in his work. Vivint itself is where things are lacking. Good security system but doesn't seem up front about credit checks, monthly payment, and the things that are really on your bill.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 8, 2024

Martin was too persistent with selling your product! He refused to accept no as an answer; almost to the point of harassing. Martin showed up at my house the very next day after I purchased your product and insisted that I find more customers for him as if your product was given to me for free. While Martin was at my house (hours) he used my restroom to defecate and insisted on vaping in my home after I outright told him no. Moreover while the HVAC tech was at my home. The HVAC tech could not fix my AC unit because Martin was trying to push your product. While I respect Martin’s desire to make sales he needs to know his limits.

Reviewed July 8, 2024

My family and I are very happy with the system. It is impressive how good and smooth are the images projected by the cameras. The seller Santiago described to us how the system worked and we fell in love. He also gave us a very good offer. Highly recommended for all families who want to protect their home.

Reviewed July 8, 2024

Both men were extremely professional and kind. They were able to describe their jobs and what they did perfectly and I could not have asked for any one better than those 2. At the end of the whole thing I was left satisfied and more importantly I learned that there are still decent companies out there who believe in customer care.

Reviewed July 8, 2024

The tech was amazing! It was raining very badly, he was still patient and installed everything perfectly. Everything works amazing. He showed me how to use app and showed me how to work doorbell camera and all the cool things I can do with it and told me that even if power goes it would work up to 14 hours, amazing service.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 8, 2024

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Vivint and the very professional sales and technical representatives that met with me July 4th. Oz had the whole security system in no time at all. Very pleasant and efficient. He provided a guided tour of the features and encouraged me to find additional information and a tutorial of more features. I feel safe and secure in light of my impaired hearing and senior lifestyle. Many thanks.

Reviewed July 8, 2024

Just wanted the doorbell mounted on the wall outside the gate door and not on the inside of the gate door because where the doorbell is currently positioned we will not be able to see the person standing outside my front door which the first point of entry. Everything else is good so far.

Camera & Video

Reviewed July 8, 2024

I am going through a rough time with my mom dying and was not always nice throughout the whole process. I’m sorry for that. We are enjoying the system so far and are considering adding services on to our current plan. I have yet to explore that but would like more information on that. I like how easy it is to lock and unlock the door and the cameras are amazing in quality!

Reviewed July 8, 2024

I loved the tech Ray and his explanation of the service, products and other products that are available. Great experience. When looking at the email I found it could have been free install and I noticed I will need 2 more cameras. I will try to get those next month.

Reviewed July 7, 2024

Definitely above average quality of equipment and software. Definitely have a wish list of features I would like to see, but overall very impressed with the capabilities. Pricing seems reasonable especially at the higher end. Premium quality gear and service upgrades seem to be minimally impacting the monthly cost. DVR service for camera review is reasonable at 5 bucks a month, but it adds up if you have multiple cams. I would be ok with SD cards for full res and just a 4-up split-screen recording on the cloud DVR. I have 4 cams and it feels like paying 5 bucks a month for each one is a lot.

Installation was smooth and easy. The techs were knowledgeable and good communicators. They helped me make some important decisions by sharing some honest and unbiased information and personal experiences. I love that the techs who install your system are your first line support contracts going forward. This is so far superior to an outsourced, offshore customer support call center. Only had the service for phone day so I don't know how my opinion may change over time, but so far so good.

Reviewed July 7, 2024

Great services, great quality and clear. Gerald did a wonderful job helping us purchase that was right for our home, he was personable and we are thankful that he didn’t rush us and was there to meet our every need. The technician came out and was quick and prompt. He answered any questions that we had and was accessible. We really are excited to be a part of the giving community.

Camera & Video

Reviewed July 7, 2024

Painless and I was Sold. The cameras are great and the videos are so bright and clear. I love the panel and the doorbell. Prices is decent and easy to finance. The whole process was awesome. I will definitely recommend to friend and family. Thanks to the sales team for being helpful.

Customer ServiceTech

Reviewed July 7, 2024

Josuan was very clear and understood our concerns finding an appropriate solution for us. He made it very easy and within a short time period we had a tech out. Tech was very communicative and showed us everything we need to know. Very friendly and welcoming with his service. We are loving using the temp feature on our phone without having to get up. As well as unlocking the door for our close family visitors from our phone. Definitely felt more at peace knowing we are doing what we can to be safe. Thank you Vivint!

Vivint Company Information