4.7/5 (5802 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Vivint Smart Home

Vivint Smart Home is a home security and home automation provider that offers professionally monitored and installed security systems. Its product line includes doorbell cameras, outdoor and indoor cameras, wireless security sensors, smart locks, garage door openers and smart thermostats.

Pros

• Contract-free option available
    • Advanced tech and integrations
    • Fully customizable
    • Special military benefits

Cons

• Professional installation required
    • Must speak with agent for pricing

Bottom Line

Vivint isn’t for those on a tight budget, but it is a good choice for those willing to pay a little more for peace of mind. All plans include 24/7 monitoring. Customers can mix and match equipment to customize their systems.

Vivint Smart Home Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Smart Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I had a great experience with your rep. Showed me everything. Wasn't in a hurry to just sell to me. He wanted to make sure I see and know what your company offers. Love it. Showed me his and how fast it works. Plus my wife liked that it works fast since she's home alone.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing, Fabian. We are so happy that you had a great experience and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for being a part of the Vivint Family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Everything was perfect! Tech was knowledgeable regarding equipment and with teaching us how to use after setup! I feel much safer in our new home now that we have this security. It’s easy to use and the access with our phone is so convenient and efficient.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Amanda! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Rep and tech both did a great job. They were very informative and professional. The tech was very patient and spent plenty of time with us to explain everything. He clearly was experienced and really knew his stuff. He always completed the install in a timely manner.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Drew! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I am so happy with this purchase, this service is great! The gentleman who installed everything was so nice and professional. He explained everything and took his time. Truly made me feel comfortable about everything. He even made me practice a few times the equipment and ensured that I understand all steps, explained everything I was signing and still at the end asked if I had any questions. Great customer service speaks volumes in a company.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Kassandra! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Friendly sales staff. Pleasant installer. Then one day you have an emergency. Welcome to subcontractor HELL. EMERGENCY CALL that includes waiting forever with Muzak!! I was promised protection. Security. Monitoring. While I'm STILL ALIVE. Can't even figure out my address. Have put them in Dispute with Visa. Want my money back. And I will get it. Over 4,600 complaints already filed with the BBB of Provo, Ut. F rating. Avoid Vivint.

Vivint Smart Home response

Martin, thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Love the system but after installation service disappointed. No one is available to answer my inquiries. The system is so easy to use. I got locked out of my house Thanksgiving. I had no keys but was able to get in using my phone. Life saver.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Wanda! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

The Tech was very knowledgeable, efficient, on time and friendly. Highly recommend this company. He came inside the scheduled window and following the walkthrough promptly got work. He was able to integrate he’s equipment into my existing Power 4 system without me having to buy extra equipment.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Ken! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Such nice men. I love everything. They were so kind and concrete and knowledge. I would give great reviews to your company. The best alarm system and the best personal. We have your system in four family homes No five homes.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Joy! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I can’t say enough good about Zane and his professionalism and expertise in doing our Vivint install!! He patiently worked with us to understand what we wanted and carefully explained options so that we could customize the security system to meet our needs. Great job!!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Lori! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

First and foremost the technician was on time. He was very courteous and knowledgeable. Explained how to manage the system and went over it with minute details. I only have to get the internet installed to have full access to the system.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Reginald! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I was really blown away by the Vivint technology and knowledge of the installer. It’s really nice to have someone with adequate experience working on your home security, who can answer questions and ensure that all of the products are installed correctly.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Equana! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Vivint install was painless and informative. Will suggest to others. My installer Brady was helpful and suggested what we needed not trying to sell us more. Appreciated his honesty. Brady was prompt and efficient with his time and mine. He walked me through the app and technology and answered all questions I could think of then left his contact info in case I have follow ups.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Shepherd! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I am so happy with the service and quality, everyone I spoke with went above and beyond, I'm recommending to everyone, from customer service to the technical team are extremely helpful and knowledgeable, professional and very informative, Thank you so much for making sure that I knew how to work everything, before leaving my house, I really appreciate all the work, especially working in the cold temperatures, and they're military friendly, Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Dr. **

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Donna! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

So we had Vivint Security System installed at our house yesterday. James did the install and he really did everything right. Took his time to go over the system and answered all the questions we had. Got us going in the right direction. Thanks so much James.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Gene! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

This was the best experience ever. My technician Danny was so thorough and patient as he took me thru the steps of the install, place the cameras at the perfect angles and explaining the process. I’m highly recommending VIVINT+Danny to all my friends/family. Promote Danny above his peers please. He the absolute BEST!!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Lloyd! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Technician, Micheal I believe, was knowledgeable and helpful. Cleaning up and courteous. Not sure what ya pay em.. but it could probably be more. Definitely recommend them. Thanks to Hank for running through all the scenarios. Have been wanting a security system for a while and this definitely fits the bill. Peace of mind.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing, Todd. We are so happy that you had a great experience and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for being a part of the Vivint Family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

5 stars for the man who installed our system. He was knowledgeable, polite & very patient with all our questions. We are 2 senior citizens still learning how to use the system as this is only the 3rd day, but so far so good. We feel much safer.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Kathryn! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I got my system installed a couple of days ago and I have no complaints. My installation time was between 8-12 and my the technician was there by 9. The technician was nice, professional, and knowledgeable about the product. I would definitely recommend Vivint to others.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, LaToya! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

After moving to a new neighborhood I decided to get a door camera. As a Cox customer I originally went with their "Homelife" program but it worked less than 50% of the time so I disconnected it. I remembered a neighbor from the neighborhood I had just left worked for Vivint so I reached out and asked some questions. He was honest, not pushy in the least and I knew I could trust him. So today I can breathe a sigh of relief with far superior protection than I ever imagined. And know that tech support (or my ex neighbor) will gladly help with any dumb questions I may have. Oh and clean up? He brought his own dust buster vac to suck up any dust!!!

Vivint Smart Home response

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing, Kelly. We are so happy that you had a great experience and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for being a part of the Vivint Family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Was fast and amazing and helping me reconnect my system that was offline and organized my account to set up codes and passwords to use my system more efficiently. I was very pleased with the service that was provided for me.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Sarah! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Marco was awesome at explaining everything and was so friendly. He made everything very clear and answered any questions I had. I would totally recommend Vivint to a friend and Marco made the whole experience very comfortable and finished installation in a timely manner!

Vivint Smart Home response

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing, Judy. We are so happy that you had a great experience and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for being a part of the Vivint Family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Courtney ** was very professional, kind, and knowledgeable. I will want him to continue the other installations I will need in a couple of months. He cleaned after himself; he left the place in the same condition he has found it. I have a LOT OF RESPECT FOR HIM and for Vivint.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Sully! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Zac ** did a great job with installing our system and was very knowledgeable and friendly. Zac took the time to show us how to operate our system and helped us set us up on our phones. This was a smooth process from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend Vivint to family and friends.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Randy! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

The installer handling our installation was very informative, professional and clean with keeping boxes and debris contained. Anything that required drilling a hole was consulted before proceeding. The esthetics of where an item should be placed was considered and discussed to allow me to make a sound decision.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing, Jessica. We are so happy that you had a great experience and look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks for being a part of the Vivint Family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

All my interactions starting with my first contact with sales has been exceptional. Everyone is professional, knowledgeable and courteous. They do just the right amount of followup to keep the process going and keep me informed. I am very happy with everything so far.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Marco! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Our tech was very helpful and knowledgeable. Went above and beyond and we actually enjoyed his company throughout the installation. We will be recommending Vivint services to friends and family. Very user friendly and we received all the services we wanted. Thanks!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Justin! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Jessie is extremely knowledgeable and she was very helpful throughout the entire process! She was able to answer all of my questions about the equipment and I’m certainly satisfied with my decision to use Vivint. I’d recommend to anyone in the market for a security system to give Vivint a call.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Travis! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I'm so happy with the experience. Jay was super helpful, he went above and beyond! I will definitely be recommending him to my friends, family and neighbors. I feel safer in my home already. The peace of mind is so worth it!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Ashley! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Austin installed my system. He was pleasant, knowledgeable of the product and very thorough. He covered a lot of material but stopping to make sure I understood the system. Austin, thank you for excellent service. So far I am pleased with my experience with Vivint.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Patricia! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

My installer was very pleasant, knowledgeable, nice and answered all of my questions. The installation took over four hours. It was worth the time. I would recommend Vivint to anyone. A family member recommended that I use this home monitoring system.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Stephanie! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family! If you would like to refer a friend or family member, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. Or you can use our chat option at https://www.vivint.com/company/contact-us?email-chat=1

Vivint Smart Home Company Information