4.7/5 (4698 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amanda Futrell
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Vivint Smart Home

Vivint is a home security and home automation company that offers professionally installed and monitored customized security systems with 24/7 support. Its product line includes integrated security and automation systems, outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. You can call or go online for a free quote from Vivint.

Pros

• Fully customizable systems
    • Professional installation
    • Contract-free option
    • Complete control with Vivint app

Cons

• No DIY installation option
    • Relatively high costs

Bottom Line

Vivint is a good choice for those willing to pay a bit more for a customized home security system with professional installation. All plans include a centralized hub, sensors, app control and 24/7 monitoring and support.

Vivint Smart Home Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Smart Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: June 24, 2022

Our technician today was awesome and super helpful. He made sure to fully explain how all devices worked and made sure all devices were placed all in the most appropriate spot. I also appreciated the detailed explanation on the financial side. Thank you for making this experience a smooth one.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Armando! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

I just want to thank Zack, Ray and Jon! They did a great job getting everything hooked up properly and were very kind & considerate of our home. I will definitely recommend them to all our friends. Thank you again.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Christina! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

Wes was very patient & answered all of our questions & concerns. The control panel seems user friendly. Installation was quick & simple thanks to Wes. Great experience so far. I cannot vouch for the monitoring or response time as of yet because system was just installed.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Swati! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

Really nice system. Even my wife likes it and said I made a good choice. Install very professional. Night camera and doorbell is awesome. Don't have to have outdoor lights on to see people. Great protection for my property and family.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Ted! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

The man who installed our system smelled horrible like he hadn’t showered in more than month, I could smell him from a good 15 feet away, and the smell lingered after he left. Unprofessional & disrespectful. He also had to call & ask for help and sounded very incompetent. I asked the man Adrian I think his name was, how long the guy I think his name was Dillon? had been installing systems and he said a year. To me that’s a decent amount of time to know what your doing. Also the time they came to install was pretty late, they didn’t leave until after 12 at night. That is so unprofessional to me. They should have come the next day.

Vivint Smart Home response

Bevan, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure this is taken care of ASAP.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I was hesitant about changing home security providers; however, the service we received from Vivint was excellent. We are very pleased with our new security system. We previously did not have a video doorbell, so we really like the doorbell camera with the deter feature.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Debra! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

Rickey was very professional, knowledgeable, communicated effectively and was extremely pleasant. I was very pleased with the services provided. He did a fantastic job installing all of the equipment and educating me on the system’s use in which I now feel very comfortable using and I feel much safer in my home and have more peace of mind. I will definitely refer him to others. Thanks Rickey! You did an awesome Job!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, LaToya! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

Kaleb was very professional and personable. Very knowledgeable about product. Good young man. Installers showed up very quickly dressed professional and did the install in timely manner. Good with our dog as well. Great service overall. Very informative about product usage. Thank you.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Both the salesperson and the installer were great. Very friendly and straight to the point. Got everything done in a timely fashion and were very professional. Answered all my questions and didn’t try to sell me what I didn’t need.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Mary! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

From the first contact of the salesperson to the technician who came out to set everything up - the experience was fantastic! All questions were answered, the installation happened quickly and the same day. Plus the installation looks professionally done. If you are thinking of getting a security system or switching - definitely look at getting Vivint.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Geoff! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

Great customer service. Bruce did an excellent job. Vivint went above and beyond to help me get my home secure before leaving the country. Their customer service and technicians are highly trained, professional and friendly. I love my new system.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Vickie! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

I think the process was very simple and the equipment is great, only thing is from the time you sign to the equipment installed is right away and caught me by surprise since I had not scheduled time to get that done the same day.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Asmiria! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 24, 2022

He was patience and took time explaining to me how to operate the security system. In case I can remember he wrote notes and drew pictures of the panel. He explained each of the buttons on the panel also the hostage code too. He walked me through green, gray and orange screen also 60 seconds countdown and 30 seconds disarm. Overall very good.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Chenda! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

Knowledgeable and explained how it works. He was on time and worked steadily. He did not leave a mess to clean up. The camera pictures are really good and clear. I am more than pleased with the system and how it works.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Alice! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

Salesman Anthony and system installer Braiden were great! I was uneasy going through the process and nervous about it, but Anthony calmly explained everything and worked with me to meet my goals. Braiden was quick, thorough, and knowledgeable. All work done was aesthetically and functionally pleasing. Both were incredibly personable. Last of all I feel I need to mention due to seeing people claiming they were forced into leaving good reviews…I was concerned about this, however Anthony did the opposite. He encouraged me to leave the review I felt applied good or bad. If it was a good experience leave good, if bad leave bad. There was no coercion and forceful tactics. This was a stellar experience with Anthony and Braiden. On the system, so far 1 day in, I’m loving it. But we shall see!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Brandon! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

I was told the price per equipment. The man I asked why I was paying over 13000 then and he couldn’t answer me. Only could say something about a handle package: starter package that was 599. Only said it included the panel. That my sensors were free but yet still included in the 599 package. So he said later. Then was told I would get 30 trial and then told 3. Then told my trial period would last 3 days after my ring bell came in. Which no one told me it was backordered until arriving at my home.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Michael did a wonderful job installing our equipment. He was communicative before the appointment and showed up on time. He worked quickly and explained everything in great detail. Also made sure we knew everything about the system before he left and was super friendly. Highly recommend!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Cynthia! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

Jason was clearly knowledgeable about the products and proficient with the installation. He told me what my options were even if it didn’t involve buying more from Vivint. Vivint’s cameras are probably marked up a bit much in my opinion but the product seems to work well and is high quality.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Tyler! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

They were very polite and helpful. Explained the system thoroughly. Treated me like a person and not a like a money ticket. I am totally satisfied with them. I will recommend Vivint to my friends and neighbors. I would rated their performance as a 10.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Deborah! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

The technician that came out was very nice and helpful. He made sure I was very comfortable with the system before he left. He went through all the guidelines before starting to make sure I understood all the rules and regulations. He was awesome

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Kawana! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

The installation guy was knowledgeable and friendly. The equipment appears to be quality and it was simple to use the product. The installation was quick and easy. I would surely recommend the service to a friend. I like the way the installer set up the equipment. He did a great job by nicely installing the equipment. This was a good experience and I look forward to further using the product.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Annie! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

We have had a great experience with switching from ADT to Vivint. Our sales representative was friendly and knowledgeable and our service install was quick and happened the next day. The install technician was very professional and did a great job.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Todd! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

Salesman pressured us to buy system late at night 9 pm. Had tech over for install at 11 pm and we have crying young kids. Promised free trial was a week and fine print says 3 days. Lied to us. Found out after uninstall, salesman added 4 cameras to plan and only had doorbell camera. Also tech uninstaller said this unit is used and wires stripped and would not detect alarm. Team is not honest on product. Paid more then what was equipped.

Vivint Smart Home response

Chris, thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Only complaint is that the technician did not remove old equipment even when I asked him to do so. He was also a little messy and did not place trash in the correct bin. I was surprised when he installed 2 new smoke detectors.

Vivint Smart Home response

Thank you for your feedback, Molly! Give us a call. We would like to get this resolved for you. 1-800-216-5232.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Totally unexpected surprise that I would purchase an alarm system that I’m completely satisfied and have all the I need to feel safe and secure!!! The features are easy to use and I can monitor my home no matter where I am. Most of all, the sales rep was great and the installer was awesome as well. All were very professional!

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Kecia! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

From salesperson to installation tech wonderful. Tech walked us through everything and was very nice. Sales informed us on all of the products and did not try to push anything onto us. Great job all around. Same day install.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Roselor! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

My experience with Max and Sergio was great. They both took the time out to explain what I was getting and showed me how the System works. With it being my first time buying a home security system I give those guys two thumbs up. Thank you.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Adrian! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

Yes Ryan the salesman was courteous and thorough. The installer was very efficient. I need to call Ryan and have the installer come back and change the location of The outside camera on the garage. I realized it is Right under the basketball hoop.

Vivint Smart Home response

Thank you for your feedback, Kenneth! Please give us a call. We can help! 1-800-216-5232

Original review: June 23, 2022

I signed up and had my equipment and everything installed in the same day. The salesman was very professional. Then the installer arrived and stayed all night and tore everything was working. How many companies do you know that do that. None but they did. Speaks volumes as to what kind of company this is.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Sean! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: June 23, 2022

The whole experience went well, the salesman ensured that everything was explained and the product(s) were installed very professionally and expeditiously by the installers. VERY PLEASED overall and glad I decided to get a better system as Vivint is one of the best out there.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Harry! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Vivint Smart Home Company Information