4.7/5 (4877 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Amanda Futrell
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Vivint Smart Home

Vivint is a home security and home automation company that offers professionally installed and monitored customized security systems with 24/7 support. Its product line includes integrated security and automation systems, outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. You can call or go online for a free quote from Vivint.

Pros

• Fully customizable systems
    • Professional installation
    • Contract-free option
    • Complete control with Vivint app

Cons

• No DIY installation option
    • Relatively high costs

Bottom Line

Vivint is a good choice for those willing to pay a bit more for a customized home security system with professional installation. All plans include a centralized hub, sensors, app control and 24/7 monitoring and support.

Vivint Smart Home Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Smart Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Our technician Peter was amazing and very informative. He made this process easy and was very friendly! Highly recommend him as your technician. I’m very excited to use Vivint, I love all of the equipment with was given to us, way better than ADT!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Alex did a great job installing our system, extremely communicative and friendly. The process was extremely easy. We definitely feel more at ease with this system. We will be adding additional cameras in the future. Work performed was done to our satisfaction. System is easy to use.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

The process from the sale to installation was hands down the best customer experience that I’ve had in a long while. I would definitely recommend to my friends and family in the future. Thank you for the great experience and the home security system.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

The tech Larry was very informative on the equipment and was pleasant to be around. He set up our phone and explain how everything work. I will surely let family and friend know about your company. I will be calling back if I need upgrade.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I’ve been a loyal customer for almost 10 years, one day I came home to my services disconnected, when I called to investigate, it turns out someone on the Vivint team closed mg account by accident. Almost 2 hours on the phone speaking to individuals with poor English, I was finally able to speak to a manager who was able to help the situation. The bad thing was that I had to pay a reactivating fee to reinstall my service even though it was no fault of my own and my account was still in good standing as far as monthly payment. I have been told by friends to call the loyalty department in order to get this issue resolved. Just the worst customer service I’ve received from any organization. One thing though, from all the transfers and getting of wrong, they all did it with a smile.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

This setup experience was by far better than what I had with ADT. Luis knew exactly what he was doing and how to make the wires as neat as possible so they wouldn’t be all over the place. The camera angles are showing good parts that I can feel safe. And the walk-through for working the system was easy.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

So happy with our installation experience. Josh was patient and kind and explained everything thoroughly. It’s an unfortunate reason we needed the system installed but he’s restored some peace and we’re very grateful. We’re looking forward to having this system in our home.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Great service. The technician came out. Was quick and provided all the info I needed. Helped me understand the apps and products. Great job. I had an ARLO system but didn’t realize you had to pay for the continued subscription and didn’t come with all the bells and whistles like Vivint does. I’m glad we made this choice for our first home!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Everything smooth and friendly customer service. I'm very please with the services so far! I haven't played with the system as of yet but just looking at the system makes me feel very safe. I definitely hope they keep up the great experience.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Great workers. Very professional and thoughtful. The employees on the videos were great and Sergio was outstanding. We could not ask for better. Knowledge and very helpful and the instructions were very clear to understand. A wonderful employee and a compliment to Vivint for having him work for them. Very easy to work with as a customer and I am sure other workers enjoy working with him when the opportunity is there.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Very pleased with the state of the art equipment. Unbelievable. I am so glad I chose Vivint. Installation crew was eager to teach me all the features. All the options draw you in to fine tune the settings. I’m going to spend some more time today digging into all the features. I love the motion tracking night camera, really neat.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

John was a delight to have in my home. He was knowledgeable and professional. He was very polite and patient explaining the system to me, as well as explaining the phone app. He made me go through each scenario to ensure that I understood how to work everything. I see why he's the area manager. We need more young people just like him!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Absolutely excellent service!!! Josh was very clear and thorough about all the devices!! Both were very professional and down to earth!! Best experience ever!!!! I would highly recommend this company!!! You get more for your money and the customer care is AWESOME!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Person helping me assisted me well and explained to me everything great that I needed to know and wanted to know or asked them about. Service person was very helpful, caring, kind, friendly and understandable. It was a pleasure to talk to nate and explained everything great and I look forward to working with your company and I hope your product and or products are as good as they was explained to me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

The process was easy and very helpful and gave such a sense of security. My tech was very informative and knew the products. He walked me through everything I needed to learn on my phone and panel. I would definitely refer this company to anyone who needs security.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

The installers were knowledgeable and installed the system in the middle of a snowstorm. They were here within the window they told us and were very competent. They had great advice about the choices to be made. They were great.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Sales associate Sebastian ** did great. The technicians' work was great. The sales associate and technicians were kind, prompt and sufficient. I recommend totally to my friends. Everyone’s should try Vivint security system. I believe the customers will be well satisfied because I am very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Luke was our tech and he really went up and beyond with our installation. He was nice and patient while we took care of our toddler. I feel very safe knowing that it’s was properly installed and very good at explaining how to maneuver the system.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Well done, efficiently, well explained. Michael ** of Vivint did an excellent job. We would recommend him and Vivint. He took his time to explain everything and made sure we understood. He assured us we could call him if we had questions.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Roberto! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Ryan was so well educated with what he does and very friendly, we really appreciate him and the young man who came earlier with him. I will gladly recommend and check with my friends and see if anyone needs your service, thank you so much.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Janice! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

John is very pleasant and knowledgeable... He is a perfect example of great service. Thank you John for your prompt arrival and excellent service. After interacting with several companies Vivint was the obvious choice. From the first phone call to the install it was fantastic..

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Steven! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Randy (tech) was professional, polite, did an excellent job. Explained everything (along with how to use the app). I would recommend Vivint security system to anybody who was thinking of get this service.…

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Daniel! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

The technician (Josiah) that installed my system was super helpful! Willing to explain details even twice when asked and gave honest recommendations. The schedule team also was always polite when rescheduled multiple times. I would recommend Vivint to friends and family that are looking for a system

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Brandi! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I was so pleased with my service. The job was just what we needed and everything was explained to the fullest. I would recommend Vivint to everyone. Ladrick ** was so courteous and kind. He took his time and explained every element of the process and he told us if we needed anything all we had to do is call and Vivint would get our concerns handled. I asked multiple questions and he answered them all. I am ecstatic about our new system.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Sarah! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I was unable to get a replacement for my garage door opener even though it was not my fault to begin with.. I was unable to get a technician that understands or get any assistance at all. You guys have the worst customer service.

Vivint Smart Home response

Nicole, thank you for bringing this to our attention! Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Our experience was very satisfactory. Matt - our online contact was thorough and supportive. Brady ** - our local technician was professional, attentive to every detail and an asset to the company. We will recommend to our friends and family when the opportunity arises. The overall experience was positive and we are very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I spoke with Karl ** and he was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I appreciated his excellent customer service. I was going thru some trying times and Mr. ** was very kind to me. My vehicle was almost stolen and I decided I needed to upgrade my Security.

Vivint Smart Home response

This is great feedback, Joyce! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Renewed contract with alarm company for another two years. Peace of mind knowing Vivint system is reliable and protects me and my family when home or away. Vivint has professional and patient staff that are always helpful with any technical or billing concerns. Monitoring price is reasonable and I have not experienced any equipment issues with their system.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Michelle! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

It was a easy and pleasant experience. No pressure, not too much information overload!! The installer was terrific, kind, courteous, quick, and easy to understand. He cleaned up after himself with great care. Equipment looks top notch. I would recommend it to everyone.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Lori! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

We started off bad but they did all they can and got someone out here to install my package. The technician was great and did a great job. Was fast and I still made my fight and I can see who comes to my house now. I would recommend this for my family and friends.

Vivint Smart Home response

That's what we like to hear, Jamel! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!

Vivint Smart Home Company Information