Vivint

4x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Equipment, Best for Installation and Best Monitoring
4.7(32,141)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Vivint

Vivint offers integrated systems with outdoor and indoor cameras, doorbell cameras, security sensors, smart locks and smart devices for lighting, temperature, locks and garage doors. Systems require professional installation and come with 24/7 professional monitoring.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Fully customizable
    • Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
    • Good mobile app
    Cons
    • No DIY option
    • No trial period
    • A little pricey

Over 25k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 85%
    • 6%
    • 3%
    • 2%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint?

Reviewed May 8, 2024

He was very knowledgeable and patient. He Cleaned up after himself too. He took time to explain how the equipment worked and the benefits. He also explained how to troubleshoot the equipment. He was very courteous. I am glad that he was there to help us and answer any questions we had about the equipment.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

Had a great experience with setting up a security system for my home. Shane was informative, pleasant and fast! He knew what would work best and shared his ideas from cameras to window break sensors. I Would definitely recommend!! From initial phone call to install was three days. The cost is low as well!!

Installation & SetupSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 8, 2024

Sales - Juan was great. Explained everything. Install man - my wife said he was great as well. I wasn't home for the install. Jen said that the install tech went over everything. Juan went into great detail about all the products. He showed us the value in what products we purchased. H

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 8, 2024

The salesperson used pressure sales tactics and now I regret signing up. I told him I can’t afford any other bills. He ignored it. I told him I wanted to wait to have the system installed so that I could talk it over with my sons. He ignored it. I will now be getting a No Trespassing sign.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

Tyrone ** was very detail in describing about the system, friendly and helpful in answering all my questions. 10 out of 10. The team that came to hook up the system was friendly and fast. A plus in my book since it was after 7pm. I don't remember his name but very helpful in showing me how the system works and the best part he changed my lock to match my bottom lock so I didn't have to make more keys 10 out of 10 across the board. Will recommend to everybody.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTechSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 8, 2024

A Vivint sales person did a very effective sales presentation and my wife and I decided to go ahead with a purchase and install. That is when the following problems became obvious. 1. The sales person had NO city license to sell door to door. I should not have let him in our house. 2. Both the installer that came later and the salesperson are not actually Vivint full time employees but were part of your 2-3 week summer college she sales force that are Commission based pay. This is stupid.

3. The installer “installed all the equipment“ then discovered that the cameras would not connect and the smart phone app would not work. He spent along time trying to get the cameras to connect to no avail. He even returned the next day and tried installing “bridges” to see if that would work. It did not and then the 3rd day he suggested that he might move the control unit to a different location. That is when we decided to cancel the whole system. That is also when I learned that they are not hourly paid; but paid by the install job. They should have placed all of the equipment in the areas they would be installed and then made sure the panel could connect to the network and all of the devices. I can’t believe this is not your procedure. If so; you should be responsible to repair all of the holes in our drywall and exterior brick and stucco. I probably will contact the BBB over this.

4. The person that came to remove all of the equipment was older and obviously experienced. He apologized for the events to this point But still left us with holes everywhere. We have since contacted some of our friends and relatives about this event. They all said this is the norm with Vivint. I will do everything in my ability to discourage anyone from considering Vivint and let them know your poor business model and Customer Service. Your systems just don’t work!! We will never consider Vivint for any future needs

Installation & SetupMonitoring

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Install was great. But even though I had in writing my concern with Justin in Sales that the proposal did not include the three agreed upon hardwired cameras. He assured me in writing it did. So after approximately one hour going back’ n forth they increased the purchase price by nearly $100 and an increase in a few months by over 5%. They are going to raise the monitoring price by the higher price after honoring the agreed upon price for several months (but that’s based on me trusting AGAIN). We will see.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTech

Reviewed May 7, 2024

The rep I had was a cool guy and explained everything thoroughly. Didn’t oversell what I didn’t need and gave me what worked best for my house needs. The tech I had was also super cool, it was a clean setup and instructions were straightforward. Super friendly and great conversations.

Installation & SetupTechEase of Use

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Excellent job, professional install. Equipment is durable. Love all of the hidden features. Crystal clear cameras. Easy to use for old people without much tech savvy. My installer was very friendly & knowledgeable. Thanks so much for this product & all of its benefits. So in closing I would recommend this product to anyone.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I have been searching for a new alarm system, and have been very pleased with not only the sales rep but the installation as well. Kyle and Andrew were both pleasant and were extremely knowledgeable and the system and products. Kyle helped us set up our system, was extremely nice and honest about what we needed. Based on prior experiences with other alarm companies, this whole process has been easy and better than I expected. I would recommend Vivint to others that are looking for a quality alarm system.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

The service that I received from Taylor, Zander and Matthew was very professional, friendly, and they knew what they were doing! I really can’t speak enough for all of them!!! Their Customer Support was out of this world! I will definitely refer Family and Friends to you! Great Service! Looking to have a great relationship with Vivint!!!!

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I previously had ADT and had some issues with the service. Now that I made the switch I can honestly say I have peace of mind when it comes to my home security. I would highly recommend! The technicians are very professional and knowledgeable to answer any questions you have.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I love the new security system… I feel more comfortable while I’m away at work, even when I’m home asleep. I have two boys so they are always outside. Now I can watch them from inside the house while they play outside. I love the fact I can arm and disarm the system by my iPhone. I love that feature.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCamera & VideoTech

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Technician did good job of installing and cleaning up. Wish couple of our outdoor cameras would be placed differently. Not what I expected. Lack of communication with Sales team, clarification on some things - rates, etc. Technically, I didn’t get the discount, I only received the discount due to “it’s on sale.” Currently, I am struggling to figure out our camera system. It’s not working the way I expected it to.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Thank you Vivint for setting up my home with good alarm system. Staff was super helpful and friendly in asking my questions. My staff was on time and explained the services and what it implies including costs of materials and financing info. I would recommend Vivint. Service fees are affordable.

Tech

Reviewed May 6, 2024

The tech did great in all aspects. He explained any and everything I needed him to. Showed up with a great attitude and ready to work. Not to mention he got the job done in a timely fashion. He also worked well around my kid whom I’m sure was in the way a little bit. Thanks for your service.

Installation & SetupEase of Use

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Bobbie got everything installed super well and customized to everything we need. He was super professional and helpful and definitely felt like he had our best interests in mind. The system is easy to use and we feel super safe! I also appreciated that he wasn’t trying to upsell us and actually made our monthly bill cheaper by letting us know what we didn’t need. 10/10 would work with again.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

The sales rep was friendly, funny, and very informative. He reviewed all the products with us to make sure we purchased what we needed and walked the property to talk about best camera placements. The technician was available within half an hour to install and was quick and efficient. He even offered to clean up before he left.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Talked to the rep, thought about it for a few days and called them back. Very friendly, answered all questions, after I signed up they were here within 2 hours to install. User friendly system and app. Very happy with the service so far. Recommend to my family and friends.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

I like my security system, however I wished when I initially called that you representative could have explained it better. I didn't know I would be taking out a loan for equipment. I don't want to buy this equipment. Also your rep explained that my payments would be 59.99. I think more training is needed. I would appreciate if a manager would call me.

Monitoring

Reviewed May 5, 2024

We love this system. It was a quick, easy and clean installment. The camera quality is great, audio 2 way is something we never had and now something we wouldn’t live without. Arm, disarm is simple and easy. Knowing we have Vivint monitoring and the ability to alert the authorities is peace of mind!

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Overall get support from the sales team. Installer, and solar team. I look forward to having Vivint and getting solar through you. The team really put things into perspective and made it easy and super helpful. Also had friendly staff that answered every question we had. I would definitely recommend it someone if they required it.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Hit with different information than what was told initially such as how much we are paying for equipment. Also the quality is worse than what I previously had. Would not recommend. Will be calling to have it taken out asap. Would not have agreed if I had known how much the equipment would cost prior.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Eme was a fantastic and personable sales representative, and Bryan did a great job installing my system and giving me a rundown of everything. I look forward to having Vivint for all my home security needs!

Profile pic of the author.
      Camera & VideoTechSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 5, 2024

My Sales experience was good. I liked Britton. He came off as helpful and friendly. Not pushy. Explained some of the products. Showed me a video demo. I was sold right away. I have ADT but tired of the constant buffering and slow video feeds. My installer was great too. We got installed same Day. You cannot beat that.

Reliability

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Service was quick and easy to start. Walked me through step by step to get the existing unit in the house started up for service and was able to get everything connected. Took the time to troubleshoot the problem we had connecting the Nest system to the home security, was extremely patient and helpful.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

The gentleman who explained everything to me was awesome! Nicolas **. He was not pushy, he understood my situation. He was compassionate and caring and worked to keep me safe at a reasonable cost! The install crew came right away. Everything installed perfectly. They were efficient and explained everything! A wonderful experience, and a safe home!

TechOnline & App

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Great installer. Everyone was great. I feel more safe after switching to Vivint. I'm glad I switched. Their products are good quality. I love the app and have the ability to make sure things are ok when I'm gone. Friendly, fast service. Great cameras. Definitely an upgrade from ADT. Same day service.

Ease of Use

Reviewed May 4, 2024

He done an excellent job explaining everything to me and done it with a smile. I will definitely tell all my friends. I feel much better when I’m in my house and when I leave. The system is easy to use and thanks for taking time to show me.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Love my new security service. Easy and great to use. Amazing and valuable system. The technician was knowledgeable and very focus on his work. I feel now that my house is secure and my family in a safe and secure place. All system works accordingly to what I was excepting. Great customer service.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Awesome team!!! Sale representation and great installation crew. They came same day and got me all setup. I changed my package a few times and they fully explained all my options. I feel that my home is completely safe now thanks to the Vivint team. I highly recommend using Vivint to protect your home.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Great customer service. I am very happy with services from Vivint! All questions were answered and explained in detail. I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends! Thanks Daniel! Also, team technician Kerwin. Amazing work ethics demonstrated! I have a few friends that would benefit from the services here at Vivint!

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I had a lot of issues with third party financing. I also was not told when setting up the initial appointment for installation that there was going to be added paperwork and time required. I had reviewed this previously with the service that we were using through the concierge and I had provided all my information to him as well as my credit card information, so the first schedule was a little bit challenging.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

The service I receive was excellent And the time the spent explaining and the helping they provide. I really enjoyed Will ** and his his technician Austin. I usually ignore salespeople like will but I listen to him and asked questions and I was sold. I hope to enjoy customer service like I did salesperson and technician.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Had Vivint security installed into my home. Good deal on the services and equipment’s monthly payments. Sales rep was informative and not real pushy. However, the technician installing the equipment took 4 and a half hours from 7pm to 11:30pm. He should have had an extra hand to help get it completed in a timely matter. Other than that, the product and service works great.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

The guys that pitched their equipment and install were extremely professional and did quality work. They walked us through the process of everything and made sure we understood fully how to use everything before leaving. The quality of the equipment is amazing, the picture and sound on the cameras is high end. Highly recommend!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 4, 2024

The day he came to the door I was already on the no side. After speaking to the gentleman I was hooked. He listened to my situation and helped me decide what was needed without feeling like he was trying to sell me everything they offered. He made it possible for it all to be done same day!!!

Paul

I haven't had this with them. They are rude, and their equipment is always breaking. They always want you on the phone troubleshooting. Equipment is always going offline. They suck you in with that five-year comment because they know their product is crap, and so is their service.

TechReliability

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I recently had the pleasure of working with Joey, a Vivint technician, and I must say, the experience exceeded my expectations. From start to finish, the service was exceptional. Joey was not only knowledgeable but also took the time to explain every detail of the process, ensuring I understood everything thoroughly. His expertise was evident from the moment he arrived, and he handled the task with efficiency and professionalism. Moreover, Joey's ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear and understandable manner was truly impressive. Overall, I highly recommend Joey and Vivint Tech for anyone in need of reliable and knowledgeable service. Their commitment to excellence and dedication to customer satisfaction make them stand out in the field.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Jackson did an amazing job at my home. He was new and determined to help out. I truly appreciate his help, patience and kindness. As well as everyone else who showed up to help and Zach for all the information. Thank you guys for all the help. Would definitely Recommend.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Phenomenal work on the part of the techs. Same day service, done quickly. Friendly techs. The techs and sales rep did a good job, with the sales rep even following up the next day to ensure the install was fine.

Tech

Reviewed May 3, 2024

The experience with the sales rep and Sebastian, the tech was amazing, they were friendly and answered every question we had about the system. Both of them went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied and understood everything. I can't give a review about the system yet, but I can say that the company has really good employees.