4.53/5
  • 1 star
Based on 119 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Appliance Direct is the largest "Whirlpool Brand Only" appliance dealer in the world. Headquartered in Melbourne, FL, we have eight locations & one franchise in Central Florida and carry all Whirlpool brands including Whirlpool, Whirlpool Gold, KitchenAid, Maytag & Amana.

If you didn't buy Direct, you paid too much!

Appliance Direct Gallery (3)
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 1, 2017

367 Appliance Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I purchased an appliance package from Appliance Direct of a Maytag Refrigerator, Microwave, Dishwasher and Stove. When the purchase was made our salesperson who I believe was the general manager of the store at 397 N. Babcock St Melbourne FL. His name is **, informed us that there was a rebate of $200 on the stove. He was in a hurry to make the order and it seemed like a good deal so we purchased them along with the 4 yr service plan on each appliance totaling $5,306.24. Not a little amount. Upon receiving our appliances we called Mr. ** on Nov. 24, to ask about applying for the rebate, as we had not received any paperwork to do so. He never called us back.

We called again and he returned our call on Dec. 1 stating that he was terribly sorry but he made a mistake (said his mind was on other matters) and that the rebate was on a gas range not electric. I cannot see how he could not have seen it was gas not electric, doesn't it say it on the screen whether there is a rebate or not and also which kind of range it is. I believe your company owes us the $200 because that was what was promised at the time of the purchase. He said he was sorry but couldn't do anything about it. Not acceptable!!! We have purchase other appliances from your store but will not in the future if this matter is not solved.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I got a refrigerator, oven range, dishwasher and microwave from Appliance Direct and their sales rep, Kenneth, was very attentive. He helped me get all the stuff together and he was on top of everything. Even the delivery crew was good. They were timely and they were respectful of the property. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I bought an item from Appliance Direct and I've liked them ever since that time. When I go to some of the major stores, the same refrigerators, stove, microwave, and washing machine that I bought from Appliance Direct are a lot more expensive. I don't want a major dent in the front door, but who cares if it's dented on the side and it happens to be the side next to the counter? I'm saving a couple of hundreds of dollars. I had almost everything delivered and they deliver within a day or two. I wouldn't go anywhere else but there. They have the cheapest prices and they're brand new stuff. And I never bought two of the same items for over 30 years. So, their stuff lasts. I like them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We were under the impression that Appliance Direct might be less expensive than they were local so we purchased the Maytag washer and the Maytag dishwasher from them. Troy, the sales manager, was very good. But they should fix up the front of their place a bit and give it a little more curb appeal. They could paint their front stairs and entryway.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I purchased a washer-dryer set from Appliance Direct and I was not impressed with the salesperson. It was an abysmal customer service. The first thing he asked me was if I was fat or pregnant. It was probably the most unprofessional experience I've ever had in my life. He ended up giving me a discount. He gave me the next model at the cheapest price. It's a very nice washer and dryer set.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Appliance Direct?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I've used Appliance Direct in the past so much and I keep going back. I’ve purchased two refrigerators and a washer and dryer from them for my own home and I never had a problem. I even got the extended service policy from them and when I had to use it, it was a good experience. I got a good deal with them for a condo that we're remodeling. I got a contractor's package of a refrigerator, a stove, microwave, and dishwasher. It was an unbeatable price when you buy them like that. I knew the background of the appliances, and it was good. Also, the manager waited on me and they were really good. The delivery company they used was very prompt, courteous and clean. I’m completely satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I purchased a refrigerator from Appliance Direct and I love it. I went to them because of the value that they had on their appliances versus what I found at other places. Their sales reps and delivery team were very friendly and helpful as well. They took the time to peel all the junk off during the delivery. It was a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I just moved back to the area and I had to get a washer and Appliance Direct is always the best deal that I found. The washer is of high quality. The gentleman I spoke with at the store talked me through all of the features. I didn't want a super fancy one and he said that it should fulfill every need and it certainly has. Then, the delivery guys brought it right upstairs. They installed it correctly and made sure it was not leaking. These guys did a really good job top to bottom. I will recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I went to Appliance Direct because they have better prices over other retailers. Some appliances are more expensive, but they're fancier and ultra deluxe. I purchased a stove, two dishwashers, around two or four refrigerators from them. I also bought a washer and dryer and I liked them. I also purchased another dishwasher just recently. When I went in, the salesman told me that they had to order a dishwasher. He got on the computer and said they've got one that somebody ordered that didn’t take. I called him back a couple of days and said I'll just take it. It was delivered and the rep even called me to see if I was satisfied with it. They brought it in, put it in and then they said I needed a plumber because I had a leak. I didn’t have a leak before, but for some reason when they were hooking it up found a leak. So then I had to get somebody else to fix that.

I’m also not so crazy about the dishwasher. The prongs where you put the glasses on were different than what I’m used to and I also don’t like where the silverware holder is. It's on the door and it's hard to put something in there. It was not a good spot. I had to take it out every time I want to put something, so I moved it to the bottom drawer. But overall, my experience with Appliance Direct was fine. Otherwise, I wouldn’t keep going back to them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I bought a washer and a dryer from Appliance Direct. Their prices were way cheaper than other stores. I picked the appliances up on my own and the guy who helped me load them was awesome and he explained their differences. I like the sensor option on the washer. The purchase experience has been simple and easy.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Since Appliance Direct was cheaper than others, I went and bought a stove, a microwave, and a refrigerator from them. Their reps were very good and took their time to talk to me. Appliance Direct has a friendly staff and provides excellent service.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I walked in at Appliance Direct one day and the sales guy was really nice and sounded knowledgeable so I went back to him. He waited for hours but was very courteous, took his time going over different products and helped us choose which one we’re most comfortable with. I bought a washer and dryer, a dishwasher and a French door refrigerator. I got a really good price for the four pieces and I had a great experience at Appliance Direct.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Appliance Direct had a household sale and they have scratch and dent appliances. I bought a fridge, a stove and a dishwasher. The sales guy was fine and very helpful. Appliance Direct is very easy to work with and I would return there if I need something.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I've purchased so many things from Appliance Direct and the most recent ones were a washer and a dryer. Ed, a sales guy there, knows exactly what I like and gives me the best deal. Also, Nyron, who does the installation, gets stuff installed and working before one even knows it. Everyone at Appliance Direct is fabulous and they make it easy to get the job done. I go in there and they take care of it. No mess, no buts.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I saw Appliance Direct's prices on tv and I bought a silver dishwasher. Everything's working good and I'd recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The sales reps from Appliance Direct were very helpful and I had a great interaction with them. I purchased a refrigerator, freezer, microwave, dishwasher and a stove oven, and I'm going to go back for savings to purchase other stuff there.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I love Appliance Direct. They are very quick and friendly and they did a great job sending the washer and stove. The sales representative was excellent. And the guy that I spoke with was extremely friendly and very helpful. They were all really good because they couldn't get me both pieces and they looked around to see where they can. Then they told me which store has both of them and then I called that store and fortunately, they had both the pieces together so I was able to buy them.

They did a great job, but not the people that came that installed them. There were two guys that came and the one was sitting around with his shoes on. I offered them booties but they refused to wear them because they said it's not safe for them to wear the booties. The appliances were also snug fitting so you have to be a little bit careful and gentle and take time to do but they were a little too advanced with the appliances. These are Whirlpool and we have paid good money for them. Other than that, I would really do business with them over and over again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My experience in buying an electric range from Appliance Direct was wonderful. The sales rep was very professional and listened to every single thing that I needed, and I had no complaint at all. Delivery was done well and on the same day. The delivery guys took the range to my tenant and she also had a wonderful experience with them. We'll do business with Appliance Direct again when we need to and I'll recommend them to my friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I’ve been to the Appliance Direct store a long time ago. I recently bought a microwave and a range and everything went well. It has been quick and easy. The sales reps were nice and friendly and the delivery team was very good.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I am in the market for a washer and a refrigerator and went to the store on Babcock St. When I walked in, there were three employees at the counter and they made no attempt to help me. I asked where the Scratch and Dent items were, they pointed in a general direction and again made no attempt to find out what I was looking for or to assist me in any way. That is a piss poor way to do business. I am quite sure that they are on commission, I just guess they didn't need my money. Needless to say I didn't purchase anything.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I went shopping and Appliance Direct had a better pricing and really high-quality stuff. I bought a set of washer and dryer for my daughters and my wife. I also bought a refrigerator and dishwasher for my friend. I got them a bit cheaper than I would anywhere else. The reps were knowledgeable and the manager there was really good. They deliver promptly and that’s important. That’s one of the reasons I like Appliance Direct. Nobody likes to pay and wait a freaking week to get the items when you’re paying them $4,000. I spent about $15,000 in total there. The other thing is the people that they subcontracted were awesome. I’m very satisfied with Appliance Direct. Anytime you save money, you make a profit. I probably will go shopping again in the 11th house. I’m in the real estate business and I’ve used Appliance Direct many, many times over several years.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I got a washer and a dryer from Appliance Direct and the auto sensory feature which lets me adjust the water accordingly was my favorite feature. I did some research and Appliance Direct was the cheapest one and yet, they have a good reputation. I needed the appliances to be delivered and handled as well. They were the closest one to me and the delivery and set-up weren't going to cost an arm and a leg. I also went to Lowe’s, Home Depot and other appliance places at the mall. I went to the Scratch & Dent site and when I started to look, the costs were mostly comparable.

And then the manager was very informative and he knew specifics about each one that I looked at. I explained to him that it's only myself and my son who has school uniforms and we do one load of laundry every week so I don't need the fancy stuff. At the same time, I needed one that's going to be good. He explained to me that it's like buying a luxury vehicle and it has all the nice and cool stuff in it. I'm going to pay the price but eventually, the parts and labors will end up costing me. I felt like he listened to me and what I needed it for versus trying to upsell me.

But the delivery part was a little frustrating. I had to wait the whole week in order for the appliances to get delivered. I went in on a Monday but they couldn't deliver it to me until Friday. I worked in Orlando and so I have to have my assistant/mother coordinate in order for her to be there. Then they were supposed to call her directly and they didn't. Instead, they called me. Other than that, I'm happy everything seems to be working and besides those frustrations of having to wait, I have been very satisfied. The whole experience as a whole is very good, very professional and consumer-friendly.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I shopped around for two months and I was going to go with Sears Outlet Mall because they had better prices and I was going to go with Kenmore. And then, we found an Appliance Direct store on the way home. And when we stopped there, we're pleasantly surprised that the prices were a lot less than the other competitors. Also, they were selling Maytag and it has a 10-year instead of a two-year warranty, which made it even better.

The guy that helped us out was super nice. He's the manager at the store and he is not pushy. There was a discount on the things because we were buying a washer, dryer, and a refrigerator and he made it very pleasant. And the people that came to deliver were very professional and friendly. They installed everything, and they took the old stuff away. It was painless. Appliance Direct's service was excellent and it was a very pleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

A neighbor told me about Appliance Direct and their prices seemed to be better than anywhere else so I bought a washer and dryer from them. Their sales rep was good and answered all my questions. They delivered the appliances and the washer and dryer worked. Overall, everything went fine and it was a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We purchased a washer, a dryer, and a refrigerator from Appliance Direct. They have the best prices and selections compared to other companies. The gentleman who assisted us was very knowledgeable about the appliances that were offered to us and the guys from the delivery team were courteous and on time.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I’ve gotten a lot of appliances at Appliance Direct over the years and I kept going back because the service, prices and quality were good. They were convenient, got many store locations and there were lots of options. We got a refrigerator and a dishwasher. It was for a rental property. My recent visit with the store was when they didn’t have the exact model or color that I wanted. And the other store had it but wouldn’t give it to them so I actually had to drive to the other store and buy it from there. But that was a little bit inconvenient but I made sure that the salesman that I originally spoke to got the credit.

The manager was talking about stainless steel, not white. They said it was popular and a high selling item. It was a miscommunication or some kind of a lame excuse. But when I got there, the manager had to do all the work and the other guy got the credit so it was kind of okay. The delivery of the appliance went okay but a little rushed. The fridge was a little tight in the opening and I had to pull off the biggest board for it to fit. And I asked him to measure the distance of the fridge or check the distance that was there and he was inconvenienced by that a little bit. It was okay. They got to get in and out. That’s how they make their money. Everything’s good and great. They got the job done. The tenants haven’t complained so it must be good.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

The products from Appliance Direct were cheaper so we got a refrigerator from them. We had our purchase delivered and their delivery crew was good. Their sales rep was good as well.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The pricing, service and installation were the factors I considered when I bought a microwave oven and a dishwashing machine from Appliance Direct. They pick up old appliances and take them back. Their sales reps were also very knowledgeable and professional. I was really in a hurry and it took me less than an hour to get everything done. They went right to the point and explained everything that I was going to buy. I was even surprised at how fast they did the installation. Everything was clean and right on the spot. Then, they took away one of my appliances and the ones I bought are working in perfect condition. They were excellent people and it was a great experience. I've also recommended them to one of my friends who was buying a fridge.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Appliance Direct was in a convenient location and their sales rep was very polite and helpful. He made a couple of suggestions that worked well. The delivery crew was quite good as well and they left the place spotless. I purchased a refrigerator, a microwave, and a dishwasher, and they're very good. I had an excellent experience overall and if I need something, I would definitely not hesitate to go back to the same place and recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Appliance Direct is close to home. I talked to Lisa, the manager of the store here in Fruitland Park and she's very good. She spent quite a bit of time with me with the measurements. I got a microwave, a stove, a refrigerator, and a dishwasher and I like them all. The delivery crew was okay but they're just too matter of fact when I'd asked a question. Also, they didn’t have the hardware that mounts the dishwasher to the counter to hold it in place. They have one in the package but they didn’t have the other and there were supposed to be two them. I went back to the store and Lisa gave me the part. So far, the equipment is working. Also, the refrigerator freezes colder than the ones I had before. I would go back to Appliance Direct and I would recommend them to anybody else.

Appliance Direct Company Information