Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Appliance Direct

Appliance Direct is the largest "Whirlpool Brand Only" appliance dealer in the world. Headquartered in Melbourne, FL, we have eight locations & one franchise in Central Florida and carry all Whirlpool brands including Whirlpool, Whirlpool Gold, KitchenAid, Maytag & Amana.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Appliance Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Appliance Direct?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Appliance Direct?

Original review: May 27, 2021

I accompanied my 75 year old Aunt down to the Kissimmee Appliance Direct location about a month ago to purchase a new refrigerator in the last week of April 2021. She really wanted a model with an ice maker. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK AGAINST ANYONE AT THIS KISSIMMEE LOCATION, JUST THE TRUTH.

I found our salesman Jonathan and every other salesman at this location in serious need of training in business ethics, customer service, and professionalism. The way that they speak to their customers and their bearing is less than desirable for any business in the United States of America. They are reflecting very badly on Sam, the owner of this company. I would fire the entire staff here and start over again. On that day, Johnny told me that we would have to pay the store for the refrigerator, and the delivery team would have to be paid $150 "delivery fee" and a $20 "install fee" to install the ice maker. I left a $200 deposit to secure the refrigerator and left the store with my Aunt.

I called the day before delivery (5-11-21) to arrange everything with Johnny as he asked me to. I paid him the balance of $815 over the phone on my credit card. He told me that the delivery would be arranged for 5-12-21. He informed me that a delivery person would contact me 07:00-09:00 on 5-12-21 with an ETA for delivery. I took a day off from work to deal with this as my Aunt has mobility issues. Johnny then called me back from the store and told me I had to pay him the store the "delivery fee", not the drivers. This directly contradicted what he told me and my Aunt on our initial visit to the store. He now told me that the delivery and installation fee was only $150. I paid this over the phone.

5-12-21
-09:00 No call. I called the store to speak with another irritated sounding salesman (as if I was bothering him). He told me that he would have someone contact me.
-11:00 No call. I called the store to speak with yet another irritated sounding salesman. He told me that he would have someone contact me.
-13:00 No call. I called the store to speak with yet another irritated sounding salesman. He told me that he would have someone contact me.
-15:00 No call. I called the store to speak with another irritated sounding salesman. He told me that he would have someone contact me.
-17:00 No call. I called the store to speak with another irritated sounding salesman. He told me that he would have someone contact me.
-18:00 No call. I called the store and it was rolled over to voice mail.
-18:30 Richard the delivery driver called me to tell me that they would definitely be over that night with the refrigerator.

-19:45 Richard and Hector showed up with the refrigerator. I asked if they could install the new stove that we had sitting there and take the old one. Richard agreed because he said that he wanted a happy customer (much more than I can say about any salesman at the store). Richard told me that they were never scheduled and my Aunt's delivery was put on an "emergency order".

Hector turned off the water valve to the refrigerator (my Aunt's old refrigerator had an ice maker which was making ice perfect). Richard took the water line loose and they brought in the new refrigerator. Richard hooked up the water line and asked Hector was the water on. Hector told him yes, they pushed the refrigerator in place, then left. Both of these gentlemen were more professional than anyone that worked at the Kissimmee location, bar none.

But...
-The ice bin wasn't screwed in. You could just push it around in the freezer.

-The refrigerator wasn't leveled. The entire refrigerator is wobbly as you opened the door, and still is.

Since 5-12-21 to present, the ice maker has made around (15) ice cubes. The ice machine in a refrigerator that my Aunt paid over $1,000 for has a defective ice maker. I tried to handle this first by contacting Richard directly. I texted him and he actually called me back. He informed me that he would try to get out with 3-4 days in the next week. This never happened. I texted him again and he called me again. He informed me that no one in the store would schedule him to return and fix the ice maker. That is the last that I heard from Richard. My Aunt called the Kissimmee store last week to inform them that her ice maker isn't working, only to be greeted by an irritated sounding salesman who her gave her the 5th degree, as if she were the problem, the customer...

So my Aunt now has a weebly wobbly refrigerator with a "wild and free ice bin", with an ice maker that doesn't produce ice. I spoke with the original salesman Johnny today (5-27-21). I explained everything in this long explanation to him. He then told me "there's nothing he can do because the delivery guys will have to charge my Aunt again to install a new ice maker". He then INSTRUCTED me, the salesman at the store INSTRUCTED ME, to leave my horrible experience with "those people" as he said on the company website. I then asked him am I dealing with a real business, or some shade tree hole in the wall? He asked me to hold on, then I hung up. I must tell you all now, if Appliance Direct is this way everywhere, I would suggest that you all close the doors to this business, because you're giving businesses across America a very bad name!!!

Kindly,
Ray

AN EXTEMELY and SERVERLY pissed off customer

Original review: May 13, 2021

I bought a KitchenAid refrigerator on the 03/31/2021 at the store located in Kissimmee, the fridge was at the showroom, the fridge is not working, I got a new fridge that doesn't work and now I must expect the warranty to repair it. I don't understand how this company and these stores are still open swindling customers. I was robbed by selling me a $5,000 fridge that doesn't work. It's your choice if you want to be cheated for saving maybe $200. Very dishonest company.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2021

We purchased a dryer and a dishwasher from them. The dryer was not hooked up properly allowing lint going from the dryer into the dry wall causing MOLD buildup. This happened obviously over time. Was asked why we didn’t bring it to their attention sooner? Really, lint and mold takes many weeks to build up and turn to mold. We had to hire a professional dryer guy to clean out the wall that was packed with moldy lint and to redo the entire fryer hookup which we paid extra to have done by Appliance Direct. They finally ended up reimbursing us for it. THEN, comes our DISHWASHER. It was never bolted to the counter causing it to fall out of the space an inch when loading it with dishes. We are still waiting for this to be fixed. I will NEVER buy from them again and recommend people to reconsider purchasing from this business.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Purchased a NEW washer on 2/17/2021 but did not use it that day since by the time I got home it was late. The following day tried doing a load but the washer did not work. Tried two more times and same result. On 2/21/2021 I called the store but the employee referred me to Whirlpool since now it was a manufacturer issue. I showed up at the store with the washer and asked for another NEW washer but once again I was referred to Whirlpool. The guy proceeds to ask why I didn’t come in sooner than the 5 days. Told him I couldn’t since I worked and I just couldn’t. He tells me that just I couldn’t come in earlier, he couldn’t give me a refund or new washer.

Also asked if I had USED the washer.... clearly I used the washer since that is the only way to find out if it works. But I understand, common sense isn’t so common. So I tell him that, of course I used the washer. The gentleman tells me that since I used it, it was now a “used” washer and they just couldn’t accept used washers. I read the return policy that is sitting at the counter and nowhere did it say that I couldn’t return a defective item. Moreover, the policy says that I could return, in-store within 30 days with a 20% restocking fee (which I completely understand).

We exchanged some words and made it clear that I was not leaving until I got my money or a washer. I waited around for about 45-60 minutes and I told him he was going to have to call the cops if he wanted me to leave. Well, he did (I am also good with it) and had to leave since I was issued a trespass warning. All in all, they should probably be more specific on what their policy is and honestly, it was 5 days. It is not the way of doing business and now I am out $575 until I get a Whirlpool technician to diagnose the “issue.” Lesson learned for me, spend the extra $100-$200 and buy from Lowe’s or Home Depot.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

17 of their 5 star reviews were posted more than 3 years ago - all within a 3 week period (obviously from affiliates or employees). Only 1 five star review written within the last 3 years. I live in CA. & have a rental property in Indialantic, FL. I purchased a Whirlpool washer and extended service warranty from Appliance Direct over the phone on 10/17/20. A month later it wasn't working right (making a loud noise and not completing the wash cycle). Next review I'll be reporting after service repair is completed.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I visited Titusville store a Tuesday and purchased a washer and dryer and also looked at a range and dishwasher. I returned the next day and purchased the range and dishwasher. Friday all appliances were delivered and I realized I had been charged $53 more on range than the tag indicated, also was charged $10 more on washer. When I called about discrepancy I was told there was nothing they could do. I also sent an email to Sam Pak (the guy from the TV ads) he still has not responded a week later. Very poor customer service. I guess it comes from the top down!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

10 yrs. ago I bought a Frigidaire 3'cu" chest freezer from Appliance Direct. My freezer came the same day; delivery & set up were perfect. In all these years I have never had a single problem with the freezer. I'm buying another one this week, only to expand. Whenever I've had questions about anything, the Appliance Direct staff always provides immediate answers, respectfully and cheerfully. I don't trust any other company to sell me appliances. I love these guys!??? Highly recommended!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Horrible experience with warranty repair. My Maytag washer is only 2 months old and is leaking, flooding my garage, getting clothes wet and moldy. The company sent out refuses to work on washer because of the clothes and Appliance Direct refuses to refund or exchange washer until warranty repair deems it broken. The consumer is to blame according to both parties.

Original review: July 26, 2019

My experience: (email to appliance direct which has gone unanswered). 'There has been a lot of confusion for me regarding the order. I received a call two days ago indicating the shipment minus the microwave was scheduled for yesterday. I called the New York office (and waited on hold for a while) and talked with a representative and explained that I could not take shipment on the 25th. She indicated that she would stop the shipment and once the microwave was in I would be contacted to schedule shipment.

Yesterday afternoon, I received a text and a phone call from the shipment company which indicated, "We are delayed in delivering your appliances today because our truck brown down in your area." He further explained once the truck is fixed they would head to my home to deliver the appliances. I leave work to make yet another call to New York (and waited on hold for a while again) and talked to representative that indicated, "Yes you talked to me yesterday and the order is not being delivered." She placed me on hold, called the drivers and came back to our call and told me that the truck was not broken down and that the drivers thought my order was on the truck but it actually wasn't. Again, she explained that the confusion would be cleared up and that they would contact me when the microwave came to set up delivery of all appliances.

I go back to work and receive a call maybe 20 minutes later from another rep from the New York office (same phone number) female with an Asian accent and she informs me that wanted to schedule delivery of the appliances that were on the truck. I explained the entire story AGAIN while at work and she goes on to explain that I need to take shipment of the appliances ASAP because they will not come off of the truck until they are delivered. Now I really confused, again I explain that I just got off the phone with a rep from your same office and she told me that the appliances were not on the truck and she said that is not accurate. She goes on to explain that all appliances can't be delivered at the same time because the microwave is being shipped from another location that doesn't align with shipment from your company so there HAS TO BE two separate deliveries.

Now I'm baffled and highly pissed off because the email threads below indicate the microwave will not be available from the company until 26 July, however when I explained that to her she told me that is incorrect the microwave will not be available until 12 Aug and that my appliances can't stay on the truck until then. Highly frustrated, I tell her I am going to make a three way call to the number that just told me something completely different so that we can figure this mess out and she agrees to wait.

Once I called and merged her to the line I was on hold for 25 plus minutes and at 5:17 she tells me that the business closed at 5 and they aren't going to answer. I was like really??? Could you of told me that at 4:55 versus waiting until 5:15 as again I am outside of my office when I should be working trying to unscrew this mess. She indicated that she will call me today to schedule delivery of the appliances next week and I told her the other rep indicated that your drivers are only in my area during specific timeframes and she again say that is incorrect and proceeded to say do you want Monday, Tues, etc. and went through the days for the next week.

Look I don't need to go on any further as each time I talk to the NY office it is complete chaos. This has been by far the worst delivery experience I have encountered. I have waited more than 25 days for my appliances that I still don't have and maybe on a truck riding being jostled around until I take delivery. When I talked to the office earlier this week I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was told one was not available, then later in the call she indicated you can talk to my supervisor and placed me on hold again (while I was at work) and I simply couldn't wait any longer. She came back on the line and I told her I had to go to a meeting and she indicated that a Supervisor would call me back and of course that has yet to happen.

I didn't buy a bike. I purchased over $5,000 in custom appliances with white glove delivery and there isn't anything white glove about your office's phone etiquette, business processes, leadership, internal controls, follow up or customer satisfaction. This office is complete CHAOS from top to bottom! UNSAT. Please elevate this case to a Supervisor immediately for resolution'.

Original review: July 21, 2019

My children decided to replace my refrigerator so my son went in on April 10th of this year 2019 and did buy a Whirlpool Ref with final cost of 642.00 and delivery would be an extra $50.00. He was told the appliance would be delivered within 10 days. Ten days passed, heard nothing, called son and FINALLY delivered on the 29th of April. Now I live in a trailer, everyone was informed I lived in a trailer and assured no problem. Once they arrived, I was advised that the door would either have to be removed for an extra 25.00. Total of $75.00. If I didn't remove the doors, they would not be responsible for the damage to the sides of the fridge so I decided I didn't want it damaged so agreed to the $75.00.

After the fridge was installed, I was informed that the refrigerator freezer door would be scrapping against the cabinet ledge so it was taller than my last one and there was nothing they could do which I wasn't please with but didn't want to put anymore pressure on the kids. When it was time to pay, I was charged $60.00 which I paid in cash. After they left, I washed it out completely and placed everything back. Yes the top of the freezer door does scrape on the top cabinet ledge, I just have to be aware and not open it as wide. Everything seemed to be fine. Thanked the kids for their kindness and went back to normal living UNTIL one morning got up to take my meds and found a roach in my water glass. UGH UGH!!! Anyhow I waited to call simply because I didn't want to appear to be a complainer.

As time passed more roaches appeared on the inside of the door (amazing roaches can live in that cold spot) so I finally decided to call Appliance Direct and spoke with a gentleman, he put me on hold and then informed me it was not their problem but the manufacturer. So I CALLED WHIRLPOOL and the first thing the lady I spoke said, "UGH never heard of that." She put me on HOLD and then came back and said it was not their problem, it was Appliance Direct. So called AD again and was told there not nothing that could be done.

Not in all my years of having from a very old fridge to a new one have I ever experienced roaches in a a refrigerator and no one would take responsibility. So please be advise if you buy from Appliance Direct in Merritt Island, Florida run as fast as you can from this company unless you wake up during the night, reach in to get your glass of water and find a roach in it. My rating for Appliance Direct is zero. You have been alerted. Channel 9 next to expose this company.

Appliance Direct author review by ConsumerAffairs

With 20 years of business experience, Appliance Direct specializes in discount appliances and accessories. Their expansive catalog includes refrigerators, dishwashers, freezers, washers and dryers, ranges, wall ovens and more.

• Deep discounts: Consumers can find appliances marked down up to 50 percent off of the suggested retail price.

• Free installation services: Some appliances come with free installation services when buyers pay for delivery.

• Package deals: Customers can buy a complete suite of kitchen appliances for a discount or furnish the laundry room with a washer and dryer deal.

• Easy rebates: Buyers can go online and print extra copies of a rebated form whenever needed on the Appliance Direct website.

• Financing available: Appliance Direct offers various financing options including either a leasing model with income verification or a Brand Source credit card offer with up to 12 months at 0 percent, based on approval.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team