toll free

Melbourne, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We got a washer and a dryer from Appliance Direct and I'm thankful to have them. So far the quality is excellent. It's done all of our washings since we got it about a week ago. And the price was definitely better than anywhere that we've searched prior to going to them. They delivered the appliances a day early for us because they didn't have a truck the next day, and the guy who delivered was really nice. He was from a second-party company but he made sure everything worked before he left and loaded and unloaded everything.

Appliance Direct's people were also really nice, informative and helpful. The sales rep was really forward, and he knew what he was talking about. He was really knowledgeable about the product; he could tell us what we couldn't do with the washer and dryer and what would be more suitable for our needs. He was really pleasant, funny, and just an all-around nice guy that did a really good job. Everybody was excellent and we're super thankful for everybody that helped us out.

I bought a refrigerator from Appliance Direct because of the great price on the model we got and the location of the store. We’re happy with it. Their sales rep, Jeremy, came over and helped us out when we were looking around. He pointed us to the direction of the ‘scratch and dent’ ones because that was what we were looking for because they had great prices on those. The delivery team told we’d get a two-hour window, but they never told us that the earliest window could be within 15 minutes of the phone call. I had to race home to get here hoping they wouldn’t leave before I got there. Other than that, everything was good.

I'm glad Appliance Direct is back in town. I bought all my appliances from them eight years ago so I was so excited that they're here in Fort Orange. We then bought a new fancy stove at $1,100. I shopped around but I knew I was going to end up at Appliance Direct although I was discouraged because it was only $1 cheaper. Other than that, I love the convection oven on it and I like that it's one of those new sliding stoves so that made my kitchen look pretty. I've also recommended Appliance Direct and they went and bought three appliances last weekend.

We went to Appliance Direct when we were looking for a washer and dryer. The sales guy we dealt with was real nice and knew what he was talking about. There were three models I was interested in, and I told him we wanted it pretty simple. We didn't want a top load and didn't need a steamer that steams pillows, so I got it narrowed down to the one we got. And as I was getting on my cellphone to pull up Home Depot's price, the sales guy put it up on the TV screen, the exact same thing that I would display. I thought it was pretty funny that he knew what I was doing. He was a good salesman and I like the Maytag washer and dryer that I got. The wife likes them too.

I kicked it up a notch, and instead of the cheap ones, I got the better one that's a little bigger. They're all HE now, and so far, the product is very good. One of my buddies and his wife bought the exact same package from Home Depot or Lowe's, and they paid $300 more than I paid. We had our washer and dryer delivered and the man who came was friendly and quick. I had everything removed and all he had to do was put the washer and dryer in the garage, set it up, turn the water on, and be gone.

We've been here in our place for a long time and we built a house in '98. We bought our refrigerator, washer, dryer and all the stuff in here. However, things wear out so we bought our refrigerator 18 years later. We like KitchenAid and there are not many people that have more than one KitchenAid in the store. In '98 when we bought our stuff, we purchased it from the owner of the Appliance Direct store, Sam. This time when we bought our refrigerator, the manager I spoke with was an impressive young guy who was trained by the owner. He listened and had the information. A lot of people don't know what they're selling. I'm an engineer and I like to know what I'm buying. You ask the average person that's selling something and they go, "I don't know what all it can do. It's red or it's green or it's white." But the manager had the technical background. When I asked him a question, he had an answer.

The young manager told me the delivery was gonna be 60 bucks. But I told him that back in '98, I told Sam that I've got this software to design a house. Sam said that he was building a house too and I told him he needed this software. He told me that if I gave him the software, he'll have our refrigerator delivered for free. The manager said that I was the first guy he has ever heard of getting a free delivery from Sam.

Also, we live upstairs of two-story house. We live in a river and we have a flip plan so the kitchen is upstairs. I alerted the delivery people that they were gonna have to bring a 400-pound refrigerator upstairs. And I was leery. But the people showed up and they did a good job. They took the doors and all that stuff off 'cause they had to and I helped them a little bit. They had a nice style. I told them I got a stairway we spent thousands of dollars on and they were careful.

Overall, it's been a pretty good experience. I like the fact that Appliance Direct sells American products and that they know what they're selling. The KitchenAid, though, is a little noisier than I thought it was gonna be when there is ice but it's not a big deal. It's a nice refrigerator. The old refrigerators used to have a starting relay. Every three years, they burn out. But I know about the product so I ordered a bunch of them. Every three years, I replace that part in the old KitchenAid that I bought from Sam in '98. We still have it working downstairs as a backup refrigerator.

I got a washer dryer from Appliance Direct and I love the ability to program it. With a normal washer and dryer, I turn to it to cycle and it just goes but this one, I can set it up to delay wash and to dry overnight. It's very hard to find a program like that other than the usual program I get. I was very jittery whether or not I was going to make the purchase and the delivery date would have been two days later, but the rep made it so that I could get it the next day which was nice. I also liked the fact that I could do the progressive payment plan which I had used before to buy other things. Also, I had a very simple and straightforward experience with the delivery team. They set the washer dryer up, made sure it worked, told me a few things about the product and left.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Appliance Direct?

I got a Whirlpool washer/dryer from Appliance Direct. The thing I like best about the Whirlpool is getting the most features for the best price and it's also one of the most reliable brands. Appliance Direct was $130 cheaper than Home Depot, on the same set, per piece, so $260 cheaper per set. That was the next closest cheap price. Appliance Direct gave me a good deal and a good set of equipment, so I'm very happy with it. Plus, the young guy who helped me there was good. The employees were also great. I would recommend Appliance Direct.

We got a KitchenAid refrigerator and dishwasher from Appliance Direct. Our friend had used Appliance Direct for years and had always had a good experience. They took us there and we found these appliances and got a really good deal. The refrigerator had lots of room and we love it. But I'm not so happy about the dishwasher. It doesn't get the dishes dry. There's a lot of moisture in the machine itself. The things on the top shelf that you can bend up and down and the little shelves on the sides that you can put down, they get wet and there's water standing on them that doesn't get dry. So, it gets water into the dishes. I'm going to buy some of the drying stuff. They gave me a little sample of it. It does get them clean, no doubt about that. It's disheartening when you have to dry your dishes after you take them out of your dishwasher. But other than that, I don't have any complaints.

The sales representative was patient and showed us everything. He was great and we have no problems. When the appliances were delivered, the dishwasher came without the warranty card and I asked about it. And the sales rep gave me the invoice and told me that I could go online and do it myself. But I was a little annoyed because I thought, "Well, what if I didn't have a computer. What would you do?" He should have said something like, "I'll get one and bring it to you." But he didn't. I was able to go online and he put it in. But it was a very good experience and I would recommend them.

We purchased two dryers, two washing machines, a refrigerator, and a dishwasher from Appliance DIrect within the last 10 years. I like everything. The washing machine and the dryer that I have now, it's more advance so I like it a lot. It's nice. When we first started travelling down to Florida, we were renting and we didn't have money at the time and the prices of Appliance Direct were good. And they're brand-new appliances regardless with just fewer damages. So Appliance Direct is cheaper than other stores. Plus the sales representatives were very courteous, helpful, and reliable. And the delivery team was perfect. They install, and explain it to you and they don't rush. So overall, the prices are good and the customer service is great.

I called Appliance Direct to see if they still had at least one set of the washer and dryer available. The sales rep said that it's a hot item and he was nice enough to put my name on it. I saw him the next day and he had it ready for me. And it was a pretty good experience. Then we picked it up and did the installation. And installing the machine was very quick and easy. But I've used high end efficiency washer and dryers before, and this one just doesn't sud enough. It doesn't put enough water in there. And when you look at the reviews, it's probably one of the biggest complaints about the machine. Other than that, my experience was quick and efficient and got value for the buck.

Our fridge broke down and we needed to get a new one. We were stopping at a couple of different stores and the guys at Appliance Direct were nice, and the price was good. I ended up getting the fridge from them. It was a great deal because it was a lot more expensive at the other places I was looking at for the same type of fridge. Their reps were real quick. In fact, I went to two different stores. The first store I went to, their reps were amazing, very welcoming and friendly. However, the shopping center where it was located was a little tough to find. When I got back home I realized there's another store that's closer. So, I went to that other store and their reps were also very accommodating, and they helped me out a lot. I had a great experience on both stores even though I only bought from one. I even got the warranty. So, the next time I need an appliance, Appliance Direct is the first place I'm stopping.

I've been shopping Appliance Direct for a lot of years and I bought a dishwasher this time. I strictly looked through the cheapest stainless on stainless. The sales representatives were fairly nice people but they were definitely not knowledgeable on the models, features, prices, and what they had. They almost sold my dishwasher out from underneath me because I didn’t pick it up. I gave them a call and told them that I’ll be there on Saturday and then called them back and said that I’m not gonna be there till Tuesday or whatever. They actually sold my dishwasher and then got another one in, but it wasn’t a major ordeal. They had it when I was there but they said they came close to reselling. Nevertheless, I picked up the dishwasher and the installation wasn’t hard. I screwed it up and left a part on my old one that I should have taken off, but that was my booboo.

Appliance Direct used to have far and above better prices than what they got and they used to have more of a Scratch & Dent World than what they got. But usually, they’re just the way they were and I understand there’s only so much Scratch & Dent out there. Still, it was the same as Lowe’s and Home Depot and the rest. The problem was Lowe’s and Home Depot took their products off sale and then Appliance Direct was definitely cheaper.

I wanted a washing machine that was not electronic and that would have the top opener, so I recently bought a Maytag washing machine. The quality has been very good so far. The sales reps at the store were very attentive. We went in there and they helped us find those specifics that I wanted. He showed the thing that they had available and he also showed us other one's that could have interested us. Everything was very good, including their prices.

I’ve bought many things including a refrigerator, oven, and dishwashers from Appliance Direct. My latest purchase was a set of appliances. I like the price at Appliance Direct and their cost is cheaper than other stores. My interactions with their sales reps are all good and they are helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I’m happy with my appliances.

I drove by Appliance Direct at the Port Orange location. Their price was better so I bought the washer and dryer from them. Their reps were very friendly and knowledgeable. The store manager assisted me, explained everything about my questions and guided me towards what I was looking for. They didn't have the dryer that I wanted in stock, but he said he could order it. I called them up when I needed it delivered and they ordered it and everything worked out perfectly. The delivery crew got there and I was their first stop that morning. But the dryer didn’t fit perfectly because I didn’t measure out the space. So, they switched the positioning of washer and dryer in the spot and they just put it in. They were friendly, organized, neat and they got the job done. I like the steam feature on the dryer and the quietness of both items. Overall, it has been an amazing experience.

We have an Appliance Direct in my town and I know what they do because they have commercials. Their prices are less by a couple of hundred as compared to other stores. They also have a wide selection. I purchased a washing machine from them. Their sales rep, a younger kid, was extremely helpful. Appliance Direct was able to hold on to the washing machine for a few days until I got transportation to be able to pick it up. It has been about a month that I have the appliance and my favorite about it is its functionality.

We live in Leesburg in the area where the Appliance Direct store is and decided to bring there my sister to get a washer. She just moved here and her dryer had gone. Then my husband wanted a new refrigerator because our refrigerator is making a big noise and he was looking at the refrigerators there. The refrigerator had to be shipped so we didn’t care if it was damaged or scratched a little bit because a lot of it was gonna be inside. That was one of the deciding factors why we chose it along with the price and the size that we needed. We have a manufactured home so not everybody carries the sizes that we need and we had to make some accommodations. We dealt with the manager and she was very, very helpful especially since we had to change from a Whirlpool that we looked at first to a Maytag refrigerator because of the size. We were very satisfied with our experience with her.

The delivery of the refrigerator was a breeze and it was put in without a problem. We like the ice machine and the water right out in the front of the machine. We also love the French doors and the refrigerator freezer on the bottom. I’ve had a freezer on the bottom on another refrigerator but this new Maytag refrigerator's freezer on the bottom has so much room in it that I can stand up a pizza in it. Also, it’s really cheap and it’s not showing the prints. It’s stainless steel. The only way to wash the handles is if I open up a door and I can feel it but it’s really easy to keep clean. There’s not much about it that I don’t like.

I needed a dryer and Appliance Direct gave me the best deal. I walked in, priced on a couple of dryers, went back, and sat in my car for a minute. I already drove around to Lowe's and other stores, so I went back in there and the sales representative offered me a good deal, went over a couple of the features on the different dryers and that was it. After that, I put it in the back of my truck. Everything was great. I couldn't be happier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a $338 dollar dryer from Appliance Direct and the delivery service that they hired (ARMS) Affordable Reliable Moving Service damaged my entrance gate. The $900.00 worth of damage for a 300 dryer! The delivery service use U-Haul rentals and have basically a liability policy not worth the paper it is written on. When trying to deal with the Clermont Appliance Direct people they said they were trying to help... Appears now that it was just a stall tactic. If I had gone to Home Depot I would not have to go through all of this mess. No customer satisfaction from either Appliance Direct or the less than desirable service they hired. ARMS seems like a fly-by-night, scam company to me!

I have lived in this area for a long time and have purchased some of my appliances from Appliance Direct. I like the washing machine that I have bought there. It hasn't given me any trouble. The rep was excellent in my last purchase. He was very knowledgeable. I told them what I wanted and actually compared product to product pretty easily.

I always get along well with Appliance Direct. They're very nice people and friendly They've owed me credits for a long time because I exchanged some appliances and they have obviously taken the money out. That was almost 18 months then I went back to buy another one and they said they’ve put me in their system and I was able to buy the next appliance. There was $6 or $7 left but I told them to forget it. I usually schedule delivery because I flip properties and have a whole kitchen usually delivered but this last time, I took the appliance with me. The delivery crew is good and I know them well.

We have bought an oven from Appliance Direct before and it's been doing real good, so I purchased a refrigerator from them. We compared this refrigerator with the products of other companies, and the cost was a little bit lower and the refrigerator was bigger. I like the freezer. It's bigger than the usual freezer. The first day I came in, I was at the store for four hours and didn't get anything accomplished. The sales reps said that they were short-handed. When I came back the next day, we got more things accomplished.

When the refrigerator was delivered, I had to put it in the garage that it was intended for. The slope of the garage goes down towards the front, but the delivery crew didn't level the refrigerator out. So, when I open the door, it swings wide open. One day, I went in there and the freezer door was sitting wide open. I'm going to have to figure out some way to level this thing out or arrange it so that the door doesn't swing open. Despite this, however, I have recommended Appliance Direct to plenty of my friends and relatives, and everybody else.

The washer dryer we bought from Appliance Direct is a newer model compared to our old one. We went with the retailer because of the price. The product saves water and its cost. The dryer is more energy efficient as well as it dries really quickly and does not use a lot of electricity. Also, the people there were really nice even when I was having a problem with my washer regarding the water level. I called and they sent out a technician to come out. He explained it to me why it's like that so that was nice.

Also, the quality we got from the cost was good because I got it financed. But I wish Appliance Direct told me more about the finance company. I might have just paid for it instead of going through them. If I don't pay it off the warranty place, I would be paying no interest. I would be paying them $1,800. Now, I'm paying them $79.98 every two weeks. There's no way I would have went with that. Everything else was good and I will recommend Appliance Direct but I would tell them about the finance stuff.

I negotiate contracts of competitive bids for a living. So, I have priced Appliance Direct against Home Depot and Sears. I built a new home and negotiated a package deal for Whirlpool items, and the price at Appliance Direct ended up sealing the deal. The sales professional named Trace in the Melbourne office was fantastic and a great salesperson. He was personable and good young man, and I really enjoyed that he wasn't pushy. I didn't wanna deal with anybody. Even though the owner down there deals with my corporation, I dealt directly with Trace on the entire deal and he really cut back on the cost to get me to where I needed to be.

I purchased a freezer, refrigerator, and a washing machine from Appliance Direct in my hometown in Orlando. I will recommend them.

I've been buying from Appliance Direct for years and the product and service are good. The delivery crew in my most recent purchase was very nice. I would recommend them.

We just rented a new office and the landlord took the fridge and dishwasher out that I thought was included. My daughter told me to go to Appliance Direct and we purchased a refrigerator and dishwasher there. We had them delivered and so far, so good. The refrigerator is working and it's cold. I recommend Appliance Direct.

I purchased a Maytag dishwasher from Appliance Direct and my experience with them was good. I've been looking around and they had the best price that I can find. The gentleman in the store was very helpful when I was talking with him. I said it was the only one that I wanted, and he even said he would give me a little bit of a discount and some stuff but he didn't have them in the store but he could have it in a few days. I had my dishwasher delivered and installed and the delivery team was very good. They were able to set everything up and showed me how to operate the appliance. By the way, one thing that I can say is their store is hidden by hundreds of trees and had too much rocks in the road. You really can't see it and don't even know it's there. That's why I went to other places first. I go by it every day and all I see is their sign. I didn't even know if it was open or closed or out of business because of the way it's hidden.

I've lived here 14 years and had almost everything I've had from Appliance Direct: a washing machine, a tumble dryer, a microwave, two fridge freezers and two ovens because I've had replacements along the way. Everything was fine. The only complaint I would ever have is once, when I bought something a year ago, Appliance Direct said I'd have a $40 refund. They didn't even need to say it but it was nonsense. There's one more thing, I've had the microwave, which is brilliant for 10 years and they said, "Oh, yes. When it comes, we'll fit it and everything." Then, they wanted to charge for it, but they definitely said it was included and in the end, they had it fitted. So it was an aggravation they could've done without. Nevertheless, I'm satisfied with Appliance Direct.

I'm happy with the microwave and dishwasher I purchased from Appliance Direct. Everything went fine. They came and put it up and I was happy with the service..

I picked up the washer I bought from the Appliance Direct store and it does what I need it to do. I like it.

Appliance Direct Company Profile