Appliance Direct

Melbourne, FL

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We got a washer and a dryer from Appliance Direct and I'm thankful to have them. So far the quality is excellent. It's done all of our washings since we got it about a week ago. And the price was definitely better than anywhere that we've searched prior to going to them. They delivered the appliances a day early for us because they didn't have a truck the next day, and the guy who delivered was really nice. He was from a second-party company but he made sure everything worked before he left and loaded and unloaded everything.

Appliance Direct's people were also really nice, informative and helpful. The sales rep was really forward, and he knew what he was talking about. He was really knowledgeable about the product; he could tell us what we couldn't do with the washer and dryer and what would be more suitable for our needs. He was really pleasant, funny, and just an all-around nice guy that did a really good job. Everybody was excellent and we're super thankful for everybody that helped us out.

I’ve never had any problems with anything I bought from Appliance Direct and that's why I came back and bought a stove. The sales reps were very good, explained the product to me and we’re very helpful. They have great customer service and a good price. Considering the quality of the stove, I got a good deal on it. I picked it up afterwards and all in all, it was a pleasant experience. I enjoyed it and I’ll definitely go back when I need another appliance.

We purchased a washer and dryer from Appliance Direct because of the price. The sales representative was fine but my gripe was the waiting. We had to wait a week before they told us to get it, and then it wound up being about three weeks. When we picked it up and hooked it up at home, we had to change up the washing machine because it didn’t work. Then we had to wait another three weeks to get another one.

It was supposed to be on the truck but wasn’t, so waited for the next truck to come in. We felt like we got a runaround with that. At first, they wanted to charge us a restocking fee, which I thought was a total crap because I’m not paying that on something that’s defective. The rep said he'll see what he can do and talk to the manager, but I said, "I don’t need to hear it. Just give me another washing machine so we can move on." Towards the end, we were close to just returning everything. We would’ve paid a bit more if we would’ve gone to Lowe’s and Home Depot to get it. We were almost ready to do that. I probably won’t go back to Appliance Direct again. But it could have been that store, maybe other stores are fine.

The salesperson in Appliance Direct was more considerate than some of the other appliance places. I wish the refrigerator and the freezer I bought had more shelves. When I had it delivered, other than hitting the wall and cutting one of the gaskets on my front door, the delivery person was great. It was a good experience and I'd recommend it.

We bought a refrigerator, a washer and a dryer from Appliance Direct. We liked the models and the prices. The sales rep was good. He answered all my questions and tried to get the best deal possible for us. We had the items delivered and it went positively with their delivery guy. He was running a little bit behind, but he called ahead of time to let me know that. Overall, Appliance Direct has great value and great products.

I had an account with Appliance Direct when I was in the city years ago. They were a couple of hundred dollars less than Home Depot and it was perfect. It was the right timing for us. Also, the sales rep was very knowledgeable about the product, and helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Appliance Direct?

I've used Appliance Direct in the past and I like them and their products. I bought a refrigerator and I like it. It's nice, spacious and roomy. I also had great interactions with their sales representatives who were informative. It was a great experience and I would recommend them to a friend. They're professional and I got the product I needed.

I bought a washer, dryer, microwave, and stove from Appliance Direct on 4 different times, and I kept going back because of the experience. The customer service is great. I walk through the door, somebody meets me there and then makes sure I'm taken care of. And compared to other stores, the appliances are a little bit cheaper, which makes a big difference. It was a great experience and I would recommend Appliance Direct.

I was with my mother at Appliance Direct when she bought the Whirlpool stainless steel refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. She loves the freezer being on the bottom. That’s what she's always wanted. We went to a bunch of other used appliance stores and they were not good. I would rather have a little scratch or a dent and have a brand new one, than one that was used and not right. I can live with the scratch or dent as long as it’s new and I got a warranty on it.

Their sales reps were great. The assistant manager who was helping us and who went down on the price for us was actually so sick that time that minutes later, an ambulance showed up at Appliance Direct. I didn’t know that she was very sick. I told her, “Oh, my God. I’m so sorry.” to which she replied, “I hope you enjoy your refrigerator.” I couldn’t believe it. I had no clue she felt that bad while she was helping us. She was awesome. We actually went back a week and a half later to get the extended warranty. Also, we’re going back for a stainless steel stove in another month and we’re gonna start matching the appliances. They also have this brand new stainless steel convection oven there for $350 and I’m coming back for that too.

I bought a Maytag washer and dryer from Appliance Direct because of availability. The cost was better than others and I picked my purchases myself. However, I had problems with the washing machine since I purchased it. I contacted Appliance Direct about it and the response was that I needed to contact Maytag because they do not provide support or service. The service provider that Maytag was sending out was saying one thing and Appliance Direct was saying another. I was stuck in the middle and I was left out to dry by the retailer and have to fend for myself. There are other companies out there that are willing to provide better customer service and support. The savings wasn’t worth the aggravation. It took me over a month and three trips from the service and we finally have the issue resolved yesterday. But I will never purchase from them again.

We purchased a washer and dryer, a refrigerator, microwave and a stove from Appliance Direct for their prices. Also, there was news that said the quality was great. It was the store manager who assisted us and he was very helpful. Everything was great.

The owner of Appliance Direct does the ads himself and I'm a business owner so I like buying from other local business. I told the gentleman that was helping me that I'm looking for a washer and dryer which is not too expensive and he showed me the first one that was standing in front him. When I asked him what the options are he asked what I wanted the washer and dryer to do. I told him to wash and dry clothes. Then he goes, "Well, it's that."

Washer and dryer nowadays come with a lot of options. Some do like fluffing and some have like a mist that makes it not wrinkle. I haven't bought a washer and dryer in about eight years so I wanted to see what the latest features are. I wanted more information but their staff seems to be lacking knowledge. Their prices are good but there’s no customer service and no help at all.

I love Appliance Direct's commercials and that’s why I go there. They keep the stuff in stock although the store in Titusville doesn’t have enough in stock. If they had more in stock, they would sell more. Otherwise, when you go there, you can pick your purchase up, put it in the back of the truck, and take it home. Also, the sales rep answered my questions. I recited the commercial back to the sales rep until they laughed. I like the washing machine I got from them.

We did comparisons with Home Depot, Best Buy and a couple of others, and my mom wanted to go to Appliance Direct to buy a fridge and a range. The sales rep was very easy to work with, nice and knowledgeable and my mother was pleased with the delivery. Overall, I had a positive experience. It was very convenient and good.

I purchased a Whirlpool fridge from Appliance Direct. I got it for a reduced price because it was dented on the back side. But still, the quality and cost of the product were excellent. Also, the sales representative was super friendly and knowledgeable. I was in a rush on the day of the purchase. I was about to go on vacation and my fridge crapped out. I went into Appliance Direct and the representative asked me what my range was. He then showed me what they had. Before I knew it, I had signed up and gotten the fridge. The fridge was delivered that day and their crew was cool. They came in and they had to take the doors off to get it through one of the doorways and then they put it all together super quick. Overall, my experience was convenient and so I was a happy customer.

Bought 2 refrigerators and a washer and dryer from Jeff at Appliance Direct in Palm Bay Florida! Went back the store to discuss our displeasure of the Whirlpool washer he sold us! During our conversation Jeff became combative with me and bowed up in my face! Not gonna happen! I'm an unhappy paying customer. Jeff you need to grow up and make this right! Very unprofessional. Is this how Appliance Direct conducts business?

We're very pleased with Appliance Direct, from buying there over the last few years. We're pleased with the products that we purchased, with the service, sales and repair people. We liked working with them. Their prices are better and the people in store that we had used in Auburn were knowledgeable, friendly, and treat us good. We got a microwave, a stackable washer dryer, and a refrigerator. All of the items happen to be Whirlpool and they work good. There was air leaking from our refrigerator which I never heard of and a nice guy came out and fixed it. He's a separate company but working with Appliance Direct. I've recommended other people to go to Appliance Direct. The big thing is the service and the people that we came in contact with were very good and timely.

My husband buys appliances from Appliance Direct regularly for the resort he manages, so we already had a relationship there and that's where we went. We purchased a Whirlpool dryer from them and it had a good price. My husband had dealt with the sales rep before, and he offered us a good deal and we brought the dryer home. Appliance Direct offers good value.

I bought 5 complete kitchens, including a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher, for some apartments from Appliance Direct. It was a pretty big order, and the delivery took almost a day. Their price is pretty good. It wasn't the absolute best I've had, but the sales rep was willing to work with me. He was very patient and that was fantastic. He gave me customer service and I appreciated it. I'd recommend Appliance Direct.

Appliance Direct delivered the washer and dryer on the day that I wanted which Home Depot couldn't accommodate. Their cost was a little bit cheaper with a $100 difference but fairly equal with Home Depot. The sales rep and the delivery crew were nice. Everything was fine and I would go back there again.

I bought a refrigerator from Appliance Direct because of the great price on the model we got and the location of the store. We’re happy with it. Their sales rep, Jeremy, came over and helped us out when we were looking around. He pointed us to the direction of the ‘scratch and dent’ ones because that was what we were looking for because they had great prices on those. The delivery team told we’d get a two-hour window, but they never told us that the earliest window could be within 15 minutes of the phone call. I had to race home to get here hoping they wouldn’t leave before I got there. Other than that, everything was good.

I got brand new stackable washer and dryer for the house from Appliance Direct and they're both not working the first time I'm supposed to use them. They're dented too. Customer service was good when I purchased the washer and dryer. But when I called them back and told them the products didn't work and that I can bring them back and get other ones, they said no. And they are under warranty but the warranty works for something that quit working but mine never worked. The service guy came last week and I couldn't take off from work so I told him the door was unlocked and that he could just go inside. He said they couldn't do that and he would wait for five minutes and then he left. I got to call Appliance Direct and get them back out here this week. I'm also going to Lowe's right now and buy a new stove. I would have bought from Appliance Direct but this was how they treated me.

Everybody knows about Appliance Direct. I've dealt with them twice in the last 20 years and I've had a positive experience on both times. The store is a warehouse and they don’t waste a lot of money on decorations. The products are good, they are well-warrantied, and the price is right. Fifteen years ago, I purchased a refrigerator from them which I was happy with. This time I bought another refrigerator. It’s got everything you want, refrigerator’s freezer, side by side, ice, and crushed ice.

The staff were courteous, friendly and on top of things. For example, a lady walks there into the store and says, “I need a refrigerator.” The staff says, “Okay. It depends to how many cubic inches,” 'cause she’s not gonna know that. He would ask the distance from the wall to the counter and the distance from the wall to the beginning. She’ll tell him and he'd said, “Okay, that’s what you mean.” And he’s right on target every time. He knows his business. Anybody who’s ever shopped there can’t have anything bad to say about them.

They also go the extra mile. With my experience, the salesman was kind enough to make sure that I had delivery of my purchase that day. It was wonderful. The delivery service was punctual, the installation was perfect and they took the old appliance away. You have nothing to worry about when you buy from Appliance Direct. They don’t damage anything in the house and if they’re out, they’re gone.

In the future, should I need any other appliances, that’s the first place I’d go. My wife had asked me to buy a new washer and I didn't look any place else. They haven't changed their policies except outsourcing the shipping and delivery because it's cheaper but it had no difference in shipping quality then and now. I’m 68 so I’ve done a lot of shopping in my life and I recommend Appliance Direct to people.

We were looking for less expensive appliances. We went to a place which didn’t have the selection that we were looking for and they told us to go to Appliance Direct. We purchased a stove, a dishwasher and an overhead range from them. We bought them because of the price and we were putting them in a house that we’re selling. Being able to buy some name-brand and not spend as much was important.

The sales reps were very busy but they still wanted to accommodate everybody so it was worth it. Also, the delivery crew helped me out by giving me a better time to deliver because I had to go to a different state so I wasn’t there when they delivered. But I had a realtor there and she needed at least an hour window as opposed to the 30-minute window and they were able to accommodate that so I appreciated it. It was a good experience.

I'm glad Appliance Direct is back in town. I bought all my appliances from them eight years ago so I was so excited that they're here in Fort Orange. We then bought a new fancy stove at $1,100. I shopped around but I knew I was going to end up at Appliance Direct although I was discouraged because it was only $1 cheaper. Other than that, I love the convection oven on it and I like that it's one of those new sliding stoves so that made my kitchen look pretty. I've also recommended Appliance Direct and they went and bought three appliances last weekend.

We had seen some stuff in the paper and on TV and my daughter thought it would be a good idea to go to Appliance Direct. We decided to try them first, and then go to others, but when we got there, the guy at the store was very good. We told them what we were looking for and their staff spent time with us and he explained everything, showed us a lot of different refrigerators and gave us exactly what we needed. The price was good too and almost an hour later, we had what we wanted and bought it. The delivery crew were both very nice. They came in, took the other refrigerator out and put the new one in. The quality of the refrigerator is good, we're enjoying it, and I'm glad we bought it. The overall experience was great. Soon, I’ll need a new washer and dryer and I’m definitely going to Appliance Direct.

I purchased a washer and dryer from Appliance Direct for the second time. All I was looking for was cost and quality and compared to other retailers their price was better. Also, their sales rep was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I like the functionality of the products as well.

We went to Appliance Direct when we were looking for a washer and dryer. The sales guy we dealt with was real nice and knew what he was talking about. There were three models I was interested in, and I told him we wanted it pretty simple. We didn't want a top load and didn't need a steamer that steams pillows, so I got it narrowed down to the one we got. And as I was getting on my cellphone to pull up Home Depot's price, the sales guy put it up on the TV screen, the exact same thing that I would display. I thought it was pretty funny that he knew what I was doing. He was a good salesman and I like the Maytag washer and dryer that I got. The wife likes them too.

I kicked it up a notch, and instead of the cheap ones, I got the better one that's a little bigger. They're all HE now, and so far, the product is very good. One of my buddies and his wife bought the exact same package from Home Depot or Lowe's, and they paid $300 more than I paid. We had our washer and dryer delivered and the man who came was friendly and quick. I had everything removed and all he had to do was put the washer and dryer in the garage, set it up, turn the water on, and be gone.

We've been here in our place for a long time and we built a house in '98. We bought our refrigerator, washer, dryer and all the stuff in here. However, things wear out so we bought our refrigerator 18 years later. We like KitchenAid and there are not many people that have more than one KitchenAid in the store. In '98 when we bought our stuff, we purchased it from the owner of the Appliance Direct store, Sam. This time when we bought our refrigerator, the manager I spoke with was an impressive young guy who was trained by the owner. He listened and had the information. A lot of people don't know what they're selling. I'm an engineer and I like to know what I'm buying. You ask the average person that's selling something and they go, "I don't know what all it can do. It's red or it's green or it's white." But the manager had the technical background. When I asked him a question, he had an answer.

The young manager told me the delivery was gonna be 60 bucks. But I told him that back in '98, I told Sam that I've got this software to design a house. Sam said that he was building a house too and I told him he needed this software. He told me that if I gave him the software, he'll have our refrigerator delivered for free. The manager said that I was the first guy he has ever heard of getting a free delivery from Sam.

Also, we live upstairs of two-story house. We live in a river and we have a flip plan so the kitchen is upstairs. I alerted the delivery people that they were gonna have to bring a 400-pound refrigerator upstairs. And I was leery. But the people showed up and they did a good job. They took the doors and all that stuff off 'cause they had to and I helped them a little bit. They had a nice style. I told them I got a stairway we spent thousands of dollars on and they were careful.

Overall, it's been a pretty good experience. I like the fact that Appliance Direct sells American products and that they know what they're selling. The KitchenAid, though, is a little noisier than I thought it was gonna be when there is ice but it's not a big deal. It's a nice refrigerator. The old refrigerators used to have a starting relay. Every three years, they burn out. But I know about the product so I ordered a bunch of them. Every three years, I replace that part in the old KitchenAid that I bought from Sam in '98. We still have it working downstairs as a backup refrigerator.

I got a washer dryer from Appliance Direct and I love the ability to program it. With a normal washer and dryer, I turn to it to cycle and it just goes but this one, I can set it up to delay wash and to dry overnight. It's very hard to find a program like that other than the usual program I get. I was very jittery whether or not I was going to make the purchase and the delivery date would have been two days later, but the rep made it so that I could get it the next day which was nice. I also liked the fact that I could do the progressive payment plan which I had used before to buy other things. Also, I had a very simple and straightforward experience with the delivery team. They set the washer dryer up, made sure it worked, told me a few things about the product and left.

I got a Whirlpool washer/dryer from Appliance Direct. The thing I like best about the Whirlpool is getting the most features for the best price and it's also one of the most reliable brands. Appliance Direct was $130 cheaper than Home Depot, on the same set, per piece, so $260 cheaper per set. That was the next closest cheap price. Appliance Direct gave me a good deal and a good set of equipment, so I'm very happy with it. Plus, the young guy who helped me there was good. The employees were also great. I would recommend Appliance Direct.

Appliance Direct Company Profile