Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

116 American Standard Plumbing Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Purchased toilet 4 yrs ago from Lowe's. Had good review at time. Since then I have had to replace gaskets 3 time and whole inner unit once. Doing it again now. Followed all instructions and also went to YouTube video to be sure. Same problem. Had plumber redo it again and still runs $150 later. You would think American Standard would fix this problem by now but still sell same unit. Very poor quality. I am remodeling and will not ever again use any products from American Standard.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Had a Cadet PRO installed on 12/15 with optional “slow close” lid. Lid failed after one year. Contacted customer service and they sent a replacement with no issues. Now the replacement has failed. Tried three times on hold and finally after 55 minutes got thru. Service representative said that the warranty on lids was only 1 year. I told her I was looking at the warranty sheet that came with the toilet and it specifically says “TEN YEAR limited warranty champion slow close toilet seat”. She then attempted to argue with me saying “no, that’s on the toilet”. When I asked her why it specifically said “slow close toilet seat” and NOT toilet she hung up. NEVER NEVER EVER deal with company!

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I purchased the Champion 4 toilet in March 2017 based on the positive ratings online. In April 2019 I noticed water on the bathroom floor and after inspecting the toilet, discovered a hairline crack on the front of the tank where the water was leaking from. Toilet had not been hit or disturbed in any way, so have no idea how the crack started. Was going to locate the receipt and contact the company for a replacement; but after reading the comments here about their shoddy customer service and product quality, I won't replace with another American Standard product and possibly have a repeat occurrence. Will never purchase this company's products again!

Original review: April 12, 2019

We bought 3 AS Trent toilets from Lowe's in 2017. About 2 months ago our Town notified us of excessive water usage at our property & asked us to check for leaks. We have to hire a plumber & after lots of testing, he said it's 2 of our toilets. He said it maybe due to the faulty flapper seals. Who needs to repair toilets after only 2 yrs. of use. Just hope he is right. We are still testing. I emailed AS but of course no reply. They really have to improve the durability of their products & prove their customer service.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am beyond frustrated trying to get help or answers regarding the shower valve we purchased. 14 calls, online complaint, zero contact. Now I’m stuck with paying for removing this piece of crap. I’m looking at 1000$ to remove tile, Kerdi membrane, labour, the mess over a 180$ shower faucet that produces no hot water. They can’t even return a call, or answer a phone. NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Plumbing?

Original review: March 14, 2019

We bought a house with an American Standard tub filler. The cartridge started leaking so I contacted AS for a replacement. We didn't purchase it so we didn't have a receipt. I took photos of the tub filler and the cartridge from every angle and emailed them to Ashley **, who assured me she'd send a replacement. She sent the wrong one. Then another wrong one. She said she'd order a different one and let when it came in. Months went by with no word. We finally decided to just purchase a new tub filler, but our plumber said we needed to find out what tub filler was compatible to the connector so I had to call AS again. 20 minutes on hold before someone answered, then I got cut off 3 minutes into the conversation and had to call back and wait another 25 minutes to talk to someone. This is all the spend $1,000 on a new tub filler!!! The worst. Won't be buying American Standard ever again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Spent over an hour on hold, each time, they sent out parts for the ghost-flushing problem, new seal was also defective, and then the tank started to leak when reinstalled. Again over an hour on hold, was told the part would arrive in 2 weeks. No parts arrived, on hold again for over an hour, told the parts are back ordered... Totally unacceptable to wait over a month for parts (toilet not usable in the meantime), totally unacceptable wait times on the phone, not to mention the wasted water and higher water bills all the time the toilet was leaking and ghost flushing, before the problem was discovered. I would NOT recommend American Standard...poor service and poor quality product.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Bought 2 Chatfield faucets as replacements. Almost immediately, one of them started to leak internally, soaking the vanity bottom. After some attempts at replacing cartridges, the company finally sent a replacement. So far, this it's OK. Less than two years later, the other faucet developed the same type of leak. It too was replaced under their limited lifetime warranty. So while they stand by their product, the poor design and quality will kill them. They use an inexpensive Y-tube to connect the internal valves to the the faucet arm. One of them was missing the seal which is poor quality control. The Deltas that were replaced have copper tubing instead of plastic - a much more robust design. As I'm tired of working under sinks, the next time they fail will be it. I won't use them again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I was put on hold for well over 22+ minutes, I could hear clicking to check to see if I was still connected. Something is wacko with this type of non-service. I eventually hung up for I have more to do with my life. I have recently purchased 2 VorMax commodes and have queues. I am beginning to regret my purchase if customer service represents customer appreciation for American Standard.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Had bathtub frame custom made to fit an American Standard Whirlpool tub. Plumbers discover the drain is not even and would leak. Sent in video footage to get a replacement tub sent out. (Meanwhile costing us the plumbers time AND leaving my home of 5 with no tub). New replacement tub arrives, we schedule the plumbers to install. Discover the 2nd tub sent by American Standard has a leak in one of the jets! Now we have had to pay plumbers and contractors TWICE to come install our new tub and we have a leaky tub. Horribly disappointed in the lack of concern by their customer service department and my family is extremely put out of pocket, time off work, and extreme hassles in dealing with American Standard phone calls begging for assistance to rectify THEIR error!

American Standard Plumbing expert review by Jonathan Trout

American Standard has been designing and making bathroom and kitchen fixtures for over 140 years. It makes multiple styles of faucets for your kitchen and bathroom sink, as well as shower and tub. Faucet prices range from around $140 to over $700.

• Bathroom faucets: American Standard makes one- and two-handled bathroom faucets. They come in up to five installation types and modern or traditional designs. Bathroom faucets come in brushed nickel, bronze, oil-rubbed bronze, chrome or stainless steel.

• Kitchen faucets: American Standard makes multiple styles of kitchen faucets. Choose from pulldown or pull-out faucets, wall-mounted, deck-mounted, single- or double-handle faucets and more.

• SelectFlo: SelectFlo technology includes four spray patterns to make washing dishes and cleaning up easier in your kitchen sink. You can filter which models have SelectFlo technology when you’re looking at faucets on American Standard's website.

• Selectronic technology: Selectronic hands-free technology is American Standard’s touchless faucet system that allows you to turn water on and off with a wave of your hand. It has a sliding sensor door so you can select a manual mode when needed.

• ADA compliant: American Standard has multiple models and styles of ADA compliant kitchen faucets. These are easy to use for people with limited mobility and dexterity issues.

• Best for: consumers wanting multiple faucet styles and designs to choose from.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout