Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

American Standard Plumbing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Plumbing?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Plumbing?

Original review: May 2, 2019

I purchased the Champion 4 toilet in March 2017 based on the positive ratings online. In April 2019 I noticed water on the bathroom floor and after inspecting the toilet, discovered a hairline crack on the front of the tank where the water was leaking from. Toilet had not been hit or disturbed in any way, so have no idea how the crack started. Was going to locate the receipt and contact the company for a replacement; but after reading the comments here about their shoddy customer service and product quality, I won't replace with another American Standard product and possibly have a repeat occurrence. Will never purchase this company's products again!

Original review: April 12, 2019

We bought 3 AS Trent toilets from Lowe's in 2017. About 2 months ago our Town notified us of excessive water usage at our property & asked us to check for leaks. We have to hire a plumber & after lots of testing, he said it's 2 of our toilets. He said it maybe due to the faulty flapper seals. Who needs to repair toilets after only 2 yrs. of use. Just hope he is right. We are still testing. I emailed AS but of course no reply. They really have to improve the durability of their products & prove their customer service.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am beyond frustrated trying to get help or answers regarding the shower valve we purchased. 14 calls, online complaint, zero contact. Now I’m stuck with paying for removing this piece of crap. I’m looking at 1000$ to remove tile, Kerdi membrane, labour, the mess over a 180$ shower faucet that produces no hot water. They can’t even return a call, or answer a phone. NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: March 14, 2019

We bought a house with an American Standard tub filler. The cartridge started leaking so I contacted AS for a replacement. We didn't purchase it so we didn't have a receipt. I took photos of the tub filler and the cartridge from every angle and emailed them to Ashley **, who assured me she'd send a replacement. She sent the wrong one. Then another wrong one. She said she'd order a different one and let when it came in. Months went by with no word. We finally decided to just purchase a new tub filler, but our plumber said we needed to find out what tub filler was compatible to the connector so I had to call AS again. 20 minutes on hold before someone answered, then I got cut off 3 minutes into the conversation and had to call back and wait another 25 minutes to talk to someone. This is all the spend $1,000 on a new tub filler!!! The worst. Won't be buying American Standard ever again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Spent over an hour on hold, each time, they sent out parts for the ghost-flushing problem, new seal was also defective, and then the tank started to leak when reinstalled. Again over an hour on hold, was told the part would arrive in 2 weeks. No parts arrived, on hold again for over an hour, told the parts are back ordered... Totally unacceptable to wait over a month for parts (toilet not usable in the meantime), totally unacceptable wait times on the phone, not to mention the wasted water and higher water bills all the time the toilet was leaking and ghost flushing, before the problem was discovered. I would NOT recommend American Standard...poor service and poor quality product.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Bought 2 Chatfield faucets as replacements. Almost immediately, one of them started to leak internally, soaking the vanity bottom. After some attempts at replacing cartridges, the company finally sent a replacement. So far, this it's OK. Less than two years later, the other faucet developed the same type of leak. It too was replaced under their limited lifetime warranty. So while they stand by their product, the poor design and quality will kill them. They use an inexpensive Y-tube to connect the internal valves to the the faucet arm. One of them was missing the seal which is poor quality control. The Deltas that were replaced have copper tubing instead of plastic - a much more robust design. As I'm tired of working under sinks, the next time they fail will be it. I won't use them again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I was put on hold for well over 22+ minutes, I could hear clicking to check to see if I was still connected. Something is wacko with this type of non-service. I eventually hung up for I have more to do with my life. I have recently purchased 2 VorMax commodes and have queues. I am beginning to regret my purchase if customer service represents customer appreciation for American Standard.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Had bathtub frame custom made to fit an American Standard Whirlpool tub. Plumbers discover the drain is not even and would leak. Sent in video footage to get a replacement tub sent out. (Meanwhile costing us the plumbers time AND leaving my home of 5 with no tub). New replacement tub arrives, we schedule the plumbers to install. Discover the 2nd tub sent by American Standard has a leak in one of the jets! Now we have had to pay plumbers and contractors TWICE to come install our new tub and we have a leaky tub. Horribly disappointed in the lack of concern by their customer service department and my family is extremely put out of pocket, time off work, and extreme hassles in dealing with American Standard phone calls begging for assistance to rectify THEIR error!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Purchased a Champion toilet, the golf ball one, when it had a lifetime warranty. Had the product registered and got a replacement part after a long battle. Now another part under the warranty is broken and tried to get it replaced, after 30 min on hold "they have no record of my purchase", I still have the emails from them from the last time I had this battle where they admitted my purchase, and warranty. Today, they don't care. "Go pound sand. No warranty for you!" Sad how a once "white knight" company has fallen so much in quality, customer support, and integrity. Ever wonder how companies used to make money back when they had great products and customer service? I guess companies like American Standard just want to make even more money and screw the customer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

4-5 year old American Standard toilet water tank cracked by the flush handle for no reason. We installed this toilet during house remodel. This model was supposed to flush golf balls but was so cheaply made (China).

American Standard Plumbing Company Information