Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

American Standard Plumbing Reviews

Original review: March 14, 2019

We bought a house with an American Standard tub filler. The cartridge started leaking so I contacted AS for a replacement. We didn't purchase it so we didn't have a receipt. I took photos of the tub filler and the cartridge from every angle and emailed them to Ashley **, who assured me she'd send a replacement. She sent the wrong one. Then another wrong one. She said she'd order a different one and let when it came in. Months went by with no word. We finally decided to just purchase a new tub filler, but our plumber said we needed to find out what tub filler was compatible to the connector so I had to call AS again. 20 minutes on hold before someone answered, then I got cut off 3 minutes into the conversation and had to call back and wait another 25 minutes to talk to someone. This is all the spend $1,000 on a new tub filler!!! The worst. Won't be buying American Standard ever again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Spent over an hour on hold, each time, they sent out parts for the ghost-flushing problem, new seal was also defective, and then the tank started to leak when reinstalled. Again over an hour on hold, was told the part would arrive in 2 weeks. No parts arrived, on hold again for over an hour, told the parts are back ordered... Totally unacceptable to wait over a month for parts (toilet not usable in the meantime), totally unacceptable wait times on the phone, not to mention the wasted water and higher water bills all the time the toilet was leaking and ghost flushing, before the problem was discovered. I would NOT recommend American Standard...poor service and poor quality product.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Bought 2 Chatfield faucets as replacements. Almost immediately, one of them started to leak internally, soaking the vanity bottom. After some attempts at replacing cartridges, the company finally sent a replacement. So far, this it's OK. Less than two years later, the other faucet developed the same type of leak. It too was replaced under their limited lifetime warranty. So while they stand by their product, the poor design and quality will kill them. They use an inexpensive Y-tube to connect the internal valves to the the faucet arm. One of them was missing the seal which is poor quality control. The Deltas that were replaced have copper tubing instead of plastic - a much more robust design. As I'm tired of working under sinks, the next time they fail will be it. I won't use them again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I was put on hold for well over 22+ minutes, I could hear clicking to check to see if I was still connected. Something is wacko with this type of non-service. I eventually hung up for I have more to do with my life. I have recently purchased 2 VorMax commodes and have queues. I am beginning to regret my purchase if customer service represents customer appreciation for American Standard.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Had bathtub frame custom made to fit an American Standard Whirlpool tub. Plumbers discover the drain is not even and would leak. Sent in video footage to get a replacement tub sent out. (Meanwhile costing us the plumbers time AND leaving my home of 5 with no tub). New replacement tub arrives, we schedule the plumbers to install. Discover the 2nd tub sent by American Standard has a leak in one of the jets! Now we have had to pay plumbers and contractors TWICE to come install our new tub and we have a leaky tub. Horribly disappointed in the lack of concern by their customer service department and my family is extremely put out of pocket, time off work, and extreme hassles in dealing with American Standard phone calls begging for assistance to rectify THEIR error!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Standard Plumbing?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Purchased a Champion toilet, the golf ball one, when it had a lifetime warranty. Had the product registered and got a replacement part after a long battle. Now another part under the warranty is broken and tried to get it replaced, after 30 min on hold "they have no record of my purchase", I still have the emails from them from the last time I had this battle where they admitted my purchase, and warranty. Today, they don't care. "Go pound sand. No warranty for you!" Sad how a once "white knight" company has fallen so much in quality, customer support, and integrity. Ever wonder how companies used to make money back when they had great products and customer service? I guess companies like American Standard just want to make even more money and screw the customer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

4-5 year old American Standard toilet water tank cracked by the flush handle for no reason. We installed this toilet during house remodel. This model was supposed to flush golf balls but was so cheaply made (China).

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We purchased 3 new American Standard Dual Flush toilets approximately 3 years ago, in that time we have had '2' fail, with the same issue: Seals fail and the toilet water continues to run. Customer Service Hotline has taken a minimum of 45 minutes (of hold time) on every contact to answer their phone! On both (separate) occasions promised delivery of new parts within 5 days was not met therefore had to be repeatedly re-contacted to remind them of their commitments. Needless to say, American Standard represents a large company that produces poor quality products backed by slow incompetent service support!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Bought a push button AS toilet from Home Depot. Was actually upsold to that unit. I could not get the unit to flush after several attempts, and online support. Called in a professional plumber thinking it was something I did wrong. After he made the same adjustments, and called a tech, it was proven to be a defective toilet. Part has been on backorder for weeks, with no date to forecast when we will get the part. I am not even sure this part is going to fix the problem.

Customer service lady today (1-17-18) was very rude, and after 1.5 hours of phone time invested she asks: "Is this the only toilet in your home?" Why would that matter? Their product failed out of the box, a plumber then cost me over $150.00 to tell me what I knew, and now I have a defective toilet that will not hold water, will not flush, has stuff stuck all over it, seat is very cheap and will need adjusting all the time, and we have the main bathroom toilet unusable. I will never buy a AS product again, and I hope this message reaches all of the future buyers out there. Stay Away From Everything With Their Logo on it!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We bought an American Standard sink and faucet combination at Costco a couple of years ago. The sprayer gets stuck on spray after some months of use. We cannot get it back to stream. I believe that this has a lifetime warranty! I wrote and sent pictures to American Standard the first time and they sent me a new spray head. That lasted maybe 6 months or so. We were too busy during the holidays to deal with it. I just e-mailed them to say the spray head was bad again and they said that they sent me a new one already "as a courtesy." And that they could send me one last one "as a courtesy", and that I needed a receipt.

I assumed the receipt is to prove when I bought it. I'm sure they know when this product was in retail and also that I had a previous problem AND that reviews show that other people have had the same problem. I do save "big ticket" receipts and found mine in an old file so I e-mailed them a copy and asked when I would get my replacement. I will sure think twice about buying American Standard. Poor customer service is maybe worse than a bad product.

American Standard Plumbing Company Information