4.5/5 (328 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About American Residential Warranty

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with AIG, Asurion, and Amynta to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

Pros

• Select your contractor
    • Electronics plan available
    • Nationwide coverage
    • Long-term contract not required

Cons

• Some systems have limited caps
    • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Bottom Line

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

American Residential Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: June 28, 2022

I called in today because my credit card was declined. I was very annoyed because I was at work and was getting call after call about the credit card, every hour on the hour. I was in meetings all day and couldn’t answer the phone. I was not in the best mood when I called in. Charlene was very understanding, efficiently handled the issue, and noted my account. Her calm demeanor and empathy saved a client today!

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and for giving us the chance to make things right. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need assistance.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Although I have not been with ARW very long, my experience so far with ARW was quite pleasant. I had a billing issue, so I called and spoke with Joel who was very courteous and helpful and solved my issue within minutes.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very thrilled to hear that you have had a pleasant experience and we look forward to continuing to work with you through any of your future home warranty service needs. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 27, 2022

I'm a 10 yr customer. I placed a claim for a Kenmore gas stove that smelled of gas. The gas company was notified and disconnected stove for safety. After approx 30 days after placing claim ARW informs me they are denying the claim because the stove was disconnected prior to tech inspection. When I informed the supervisor in Boca Raton FL. she told me I should have left the connection on with the gas leaking until their tech arrived 3 days later.

Hi John,

I'm sorry that your experience did not live up to the quality service and coverage we aim to provide all our clients.

I understand you had to take action and disconnected the stove for safety. We would like to help you with this as quickly as possible. If you could please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as policy or claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. and we will have someone reach out to assist you.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I called in today, June 27, 2022 to verify my coverage for the A/C unit and spoke to Joel that was very professional, courteous, patient and extremely helpful in reviewing my plan. I was impressed by his willingness and knowledge of the warranty coverage. He is a great asset to your company.

Hi Betty,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Joel is truly a gem and he does a great job in providing excellent customer service. We're happy that your experience with us was a good one!

Original review: June 27, 2022

I needed assistance with my ac unit in a certain matter of time. I was able to fulfill my need with customer service and they also did a follow up call as well to make sure my family and I was secure.

Hi Breonia,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We look forward to continuing to serve you and encourage you to reach out should you ever need us for future home warranty services. Have a great day!

Original review: June 27, 2022

My experience with Charles was excellent. He reviewed my information and made the correct changes. Charles was very personable, made me feel like a valued customer. Charles sent me a copy of my contract also. I did not get this from the first agent Angel. I will recommend ARW to my friends and family. Just as my friend recommended your service. She too is very satisfied. Thank you.

Hi Joan,

Thank you for such a fantastic review and for recommending us. We are grateful for your business and we'll continue to provide you with your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Sharlene was wonderful, kind, and has a great phone voice. I forgot to transfer payment over. I called in to make the payment. Sharlene was understanding and took the payment promptly. After taking payment she sent me over to talk to an ADT agent for home security. Thanks again Sharlene.

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your fantastic review! Sharlene is exactly as you described — she has passion for assisting clients and she is packed with knowledge. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to helping you with your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Joel helped make my billing error smooth to repair. Very professional and understanding. Having problems with ARW in filing a claim on my only claim, I almost ended our contract. Joel helped me stay with the contract and try one more time.

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. I'm happy to hear that Joel helped you fixed your billing error. I appreciate the chance you've given us to make things right. Thank you for choosing ARW, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

ARW Home

Original review: June 25, 2022

I want to thank Mark O. for helping me get a good deal with renewing my warranty. I was going to shop around with other businesses but he went above and beyond trying to get me the best price. He also provided great service, answered all my questions and was very patient. I appreciated that he called me back like he said he would and it's clear he really cares about the customer. He was honest and hardworking in helping me.

Hi Cristina,

At ARW, we put the needs of our customers first and provide warranty plans that fit your budget. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Joel did a great Job assisting me with some questions and he was a pleasure to deal with. I was impressed that I a didn't have to wait on hold like most places that you deal with on a daily basis these days.

Hi Sean,

Your many positive comments from the waiting time to the staffs are really appreciated! Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Cathy was very helpful and kind. She took the time to answer all my questions, solve my issue, and gave great recommendations. She also had excellent customer service skills! This made my call to ARW a pleasant experience. Thank you, Cathy!!

Hi Nikki,

Thank you for your wonderful review! Cathy is exactly as you described — she has passion for assisting clients and she is packed with knowledge. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to helping you with your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I would recommend a friend because he was very kind and explained the product. He also went over the current plan I already have with your company. I feel he got me the best deal that I could get at this time.

Hi Joeann,

Original review: June 23, 2022

Donna was very pleasant and professional! She handled my problem with speed and accuracy and was able to answer all my questions. She even took the time to go over my coverage and correct one coverage I shouldn’t have had because I have a septic tank and not a sewage line. She is the kind of person you’d like to deal with. Thank you Donna

Hi Carolyn,

I am pleased to hear that Donna was able to help you with your problem and had your best interest in mind. She will be thrilled to have earned your excellent review. Thank you for allowing us to serve your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 23, 2022

She was respectful, very courteous, polite and jolly. She was knowledgeable and had a very easy going attitude. Willing to go above and beyond to getting the information that she needed from me. She was understanding. She was accommodating in setting up a later date to process payment.

Hi Cynthia,

I am very pleased to hear that our dedicated staff went above and beyond to give you the best customer experience possible. We look forward to continuing to provide you quality service for your future home warranty needs.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I spoke with Joel in billing about eliminating an expired credit card and he quickly and efficiently handled it. When I said I was having a problem with claims he worked his magic again and connected me with the right people to resolve the problem. He displayed exemplary customer service and I commend him. Thank you Joel!

Hi Edward,

I'm glad to know that Joel was of remarkable assistance in updating your credit card on file and connecting you to the right department to help with your claim. Our staff always aim to provide excellent customer service.

Original review: June 22, 2022

They were very good and professional and they were very polite and they fixed the problem with my billing problem and they did it in a quick and professional manner and I was very impressed and surprised at how much they cared about me and fixing the problem with my billing problems and l am very satisfied. Thanks ARW

Hi Dennis and Barbara,

I'm happy to hear your billing issue was resolved promptly and to your satisfaction. All of us at ARW appreciate your business and positive feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

ARW Home

Original review: June 21, 2022

Donna in Corporate billing was so helpful in bundling all of my plans to get them on the same day of the month. So helpful! I enjoy ARW and was grateful to find them. Thank you so very much! I appreciate ARW!

Hi Amelia,

Thank you for the kind review! We are so proud that we earned your business here at ARW. We will be sure to let Donna know that you appreciate her.

ARW Home

Original review: June 20, 2022

Sharlene in the billing department has been great to work with. She has helped with intermittent interruptions in payments due to stolen credit card information. I wish all of their employees were as good as she at their jobs. Due to issues/policies of ARW, we are considering cancelling our contract with them. Having to wait 5 business days before ARW would submit a work request to fix our HVAC during a heat wave here in North Caroline is unacceptable. Anyone reading this thinking about signing with ARW beware!

Hi Barry,

I’m sorry to hear that your claims handling has made you consider canceling your service. Our team always encourages our clients to provide their feedback whether positive or negative as we use both as a way to improve our services. If there is anything we can do to change your mind, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: June 18, 2022

I got a new card, but didn’t have it on file. The representative, Karen was pleasant and helpful. She informed me that I should not use a checking account, but keep using my debit card as a form of payment to avoid an extra fee.

Hi Sylvia,

I’m pleased to know that Karen was able to help you in setting up your new card on file. Thank you for choosing ARW for your home warranty needs and for being such a loyal customer.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Charlene was able to help me set up a new payment date for my missed payment. She was absolutely professional and helpful. If I had to receive a missed payment call again, I hope the next agent is as professional and help as Charlene was.

Hi Carter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're glad we could help you in setting up a new date for your payment. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist.

ARW Home

Original review: June 17, 2022

Mr. Joel answered the phone and was very polite and quick. Thank you for assisting me. I will be referring this company to all of my friends and family. I have been with this company for years and I've always gotten great service.

Hi Garlynn,

I’m happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience in your phone interaction with Joel. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise.

ARW Home

Original review: June 16, 2022

The customer service representative name was Joel. He was very polite and helpful with me paying my bill. It’s good having a warranty on your appliances. You never know when something is going to go out on you so it is good to have some type of coverage.

Hi Sherry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Joel is truly a gem and he does a great job in providing excellent client service. We look forward to continuing to provide you quality service for your future home warranty needs.

Original review: June 15, 2022

ARW HAS EXCELLENT SERVICE. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THEIR SERVICE. Appointment time is good. The service people are very nice and very professional and nice. I would recommend ARW to my friends. Customer service is also very nice. The account department is very courteous and nice.

Hi Joy,

Your many positive comments from the appointment time to the staffs are really appreciated! We are grateful for your recommendation and we'll continue to provide you with your home warranty needs.

ARW Homes

Original review: June 15, 2022

It was a wonderful experience. The young lady spoke well. She took care of business. I really had a great experience with her. She was a joy talking to. Looking forward to speaking to her again whenever I have a problem.

Hi Luther,

We're are delighted that you had a great customer service experience. We look forward to continuing to provide you quality service for your future home warranty needs.

ARW Homes

Original review: June 14, 2022

Jol was the CSR that took my call. He did a good job! Reason why I called is to update my billing debit card on file. I had to because the one I had on filed was fraud and needed a new one and they had cancel the one on file. Jol did a great job in attending my situation and I recommend to anyone as he is polite as well.

Paula

Hi Paula,

We're pleased to know that Jol did a good job in assisting you with updating your billing card on file. We look forward to continuing to provide you quality service for your future home warranty needs.

ARW Home

Original review: June 10, 2022

SHARLENE was very kind and happy and she seemed to care about my call. She was thorough but quick. She got the job done perfectly and wished me a good day, which felt very nice. Most customer service operators are mean and angry and don't care about the call. But Sharlene was really good and I'd recommend her!

Hi Daniel,

We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Our staffs always aim to provide excellent customer service. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 9, 2022

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY aka AIG. After years of paying for their coverage when it came down to pay for the repairs and new appliance it's not gonna happen. The initial service call was over 9 weeks ago. Over 25 calls into the company 12 hours of documented time to get transferred and start from the beginning. They wait for you to simply give up. Now they say they will give us 106.00 towards the buyout/repair. I have reached out to their local district attorney, BBB and family attorney. I will find every avenue to post this message and do it on a regular basis.

Hi Ozelle,

We apologize for the delay in providing a resolution to your claim. If you could please contact us directly with your claim number, approximate date of claim filing, and any other details you have that will help us look it up, we will initiate a full review to get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Customer service was professional. Very polite. Very useful and helpful. Very patient. Very understanding. Very accommodate. Answer questions for accurately. Very reliable. Answer my questions very politely And honestly.. Job well done Karen. Keep up the good work. You are very professional.

Hi Maxine,

Thank you for your fantastic review! Karen is exactly as you described — she has passion for assisting clients and she is packed with knowledge. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to helping you with your home warranty needs.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The rep was clear and to the point and helpful to resolve the reason for the call. I found her to be a joy to speak with. After speaking with 2 other reps. she was the only one to complete the issue to stop robo calls.

Hi Michael,

We're happy to know that our representative was clear and on point in resolving your issue. We work very diligently and your feedback provides great encouragement to keep doing our best. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist.

ARW Home

Original review: June 8, 2022

When I lost my debit card given to ARW for the purpose of automatic monthly billing, I missed my payment for the month. Joel helped me set up my newly issued card and set payment for two days out (since no funds had yet been added to the account since receiving the newly issued card). Joel also sent me immediately at my request a statement of coverage for the warranty which I had requested in an earlier telephone call with a different representative but had not received. Joel was knowledgeable, courteous, helpful, and professional throughout our interaction. Based on this call I would recommend ARW for its customer service/billing department. The content of my review is not influenced by the small incentive received to write a review.

Hi Fred,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Joel was able to help with setting up your new card and providing your statement coverage. We appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

American Residential Warranty Company Information