4.4/5 (328 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About American Residential Warranty

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with AIG, Asurion, and Amynta to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

Pros

• Select your contractor
  • Electronics plan available
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Long-term contract not required

Cons

• Some systems have limited caps
  • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Bottom Line

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

American Residential Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Helpful and great service. All my questions were answered. Just hope everything can be handled. Have had American Residential Warranty for a few years. Have not used it often. Have been a member for 3-4 years. Hoping everything will be taken care of, only phone wait too long.

Hi Margaret,

We are happy to hear about the customer service experience you received when speaking with our team. If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to call or reach out via customerservice@arwplans.com.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Received solicitation to consider ARW for replacing my soon to be expiring home warranty w/ a competitor. Was offered a great QTR payment, but when I got my confirmation for the new service, the QTR pricing on subsequent payments is much higher. I was told that the discount will be applied, so I have to wait and see. Not happy being deceived, potentially...Bait and Switch?

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your feedback and it is vital for our business improvement services. We will review your account and should there be a discrepancy in the payment, a member of the team will reach out to you accordingly. We look forward to protecting your home in the future and are humbled at the opportunity to do so. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

ARW Home Services

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

Karen provided excellent customer service. She was friendly and knowledgeable of the products. She received and updated my payment information with ease. My questions were answered satisfactory. Provided empathy when I described the reason for change in payment method. Great experience!

Hi Regina,

We are happy to hear about the customer service experience you received when speaking with Karen. If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to call.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Updated on 01/27/2022: Don't buy a "home warranty policy. This company only has call centers, you can't find a corporate phone number or even if they have a CEO. You get the runaround and then you are told you "should have have read your policy, you had 30 days." I had to replace a "covered" whole house heating system but they will only give me 595.00 back after taking out a 55.00 service fee when they was NO service from them or they so called repairmen. Then I am told today that they don't "replace anything, we only repair it." Please save your money and take these reviews very seriously. They are uncaring once they have your money and will think of any excuse to NOT pay a claim. So needless to say, once this policy expires I will NOT BE RENEWING, I will put that money in a saving account. Get a maintenance contract with your local heating and cooling company, it is cheaper and better than this as they will come out to do repairs with no "service fee".

Original: I purchased the 4 in 1 package to cover everything. I have had this warranty for almost 3 years. I never filed a claim until my home central heating system went out on the oldest day of the year, at the time. The claim phone number takes forever for someone to answer as you are put on hold then you have to wait days for "their" repairman to come out. It was 11 pm at night so I called an emergency heating company. They came out but couldn't get part as it wasn't in stock and didn't know when it would be, mostly due to COVID. I needed heat in NY in the winter so I had no choice but to replace it.

I got this policy because I was told I could hire my own repairman. Which I could. They told me to send the paid in full receipt, which I did. Then to replace the home heating system cost me $6,300.00 for my size home, and it was the cheapest option. I sent them the receipt not expecting the full price back. I got an email stating they would only cover $650.00, which is the limit of their liability minus their $55.00 service fee to set up a "service claim" which I didn't need, it was a warranty reimbursement claim. So they will send a check for $595.00. That isn't even 1/6 of what it cost, so explain to me just what I am paying for with this so called warranty policy???

I have paid them over $4,000.00 so far and they only cover $650.00 for a full house heating system? It took two men 6 hours, that wouldn't even cover labor? So who were they going to send to my house?? You don't get to pick the repair company when you call and sent up a claim and I have found that most of them are subpar, one had an F on the BBB.

I will not be renewing and I will put that money I send them in a saving account because they have more that is NOT covered than what is included. It appears that this so called warranty only warrants the company gets more money and they could care less if it is repaired properly or if you will have to put out a lot of money for a covered issue because they limit their liability. These policies are a total waste of money and gives me NO peace of mind having it.

Hi Katherine,

We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. If you are willing, please send us a direct message with any details from your claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as so we can initiate a full review.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

The reps that explained the very flexible choices available were competent, professional, courteous and friendly. They gave me all the options, each of which were excellent and reasonably priced. I am pleased to be covered by this excellent plan. Much better in all ways than the competition.

Hi Dean,

At American Residential Warranty, we put the needs of our customers first and provide warranty plans that fit your budget. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I called ARW this morning to update the credit card information on file for ARW and spoke with Dominic in Florida to assist with that process. We completed that smoothly and began a discussion of enhancing my Platinum Premier plan with the Deluxe Add On services as well. Dominic was very helpful and knowledgeable in explaining what this will mean for me and I appreciated his bright attitude and helpful demeanor which is hard to come by nowadays with customer service. When the time comes that I may need to reach out again to ARW for assistance, I hope I'm able to work with him again, or at least someone just as helpful and understanding in meeting my needs. Thank you.

Hi Pat,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're pleased to know that Dominic was of great assistance with updating your credit card information. Please don't hesitate to call us anytime if you need help.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I called on the 18th & explained my request the agent at that time verified I did have a credit on file. He transferred me to the claims department to open a claim. For some reason the rep couldn't find it in the system. He placed me on hold & came back maybe 10 minutes later saying he couldn't reach anyone to confirm the credit, and I would be contacted within 24 hrs. That didn't happen. I did a survey with this info and never heard back from anyone SO this morning I called back and that's when I receive 5 Star service.

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for allowing us the rectify the issue with your credit and assist you with your claim. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Domonic explained how my warranty worked. He explained that what was the advantages of upgrading my plan which my husband and I are going to talk about considering. He was very nice and generous about everything. He also mentioned about the promotion of alarm system.

Hi Alma,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're pleased to hear that Dominic was able to explain to you how your warranty work and other advantages of upgrading your plan. Should you consider our offer, please don't hesitate to get back to us.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Thomas ** was very helpful and solved my questions. I received fantastic customer service from him. Thomas' attitude makes it clear that I can continue to rely on ARW. Thank you Thomas ** for your extra effort, attitude, and help.

Hi Anat,

We're pleased to know that Thomas went the extra mile to help you with your questions. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us should you need further assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

CSR ** was truly a blessing, very knowledgeable and help solved a simple problem. Transferred at least 5x's for 1 person to actually solve a problem. I would recommend everyone speak with CSR ** if you want direct problem solver. TY Again CSR **...

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will use your feedback to improve our services and ensure all issues are resolved within first contact.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

All my concerns and questions I had about warranty was answered and I was given additional information about adding more coverage if I was interested. I request the information on more coverage. I was very pleased with the service I received.

Hi Larry,

We're pleased to hear that all your concerns were addressed during your interaction with our customer support representative. Should you ever need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

What a disgrace this company is! Their salesman lied to me. We have 2 houses and we canceled our old American Home Shield Warranty to sign up with American Residential Warranty because the salesman promised us it would be better. We are shocked at what we found out today! So today when we tried to use it for the first time they denied the claim. The representative was not very nice as well! We were very disappointed at how we were treated! They said we needed “additional coverage”. Nobody said we had the option for additional coverage. What a scam. Now the monthly premium is almost double what we were paying before! I have canceled both and I have to call the contractor myself to get this fixed.

Valued Customer,

We regret to hear that the outcome of your claim has led you to cancel your service. We would like to better understand what happened. If you are willing , please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. so we can initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I contacted ARW about my water heater. They sent a contractor out and I have not heard anything else. I contacted ARW and they are reviewing the quote. I am a disabled vet and NEEDS HELP immediately. T

Hi Willie,

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and have reached out to management to assist with your water heater claim. We will have someone reach out to assist within the next 24-48 hours.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I am disappointed with the service, however, in speaking with Charles at customer service, I am certain I would kept your service. When I called last week for a sink issue, I was told that my sinks weren't covered. Having AHS before ARW, I know I requested plumbing as well. I have gone w another company. Charles was professional and very helpful.

Hi Raul,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Although you're mostly pleased with your customer service experience, we see there is some room for improvement. We always encourage our clients to provide their feedback whether positive or negative and use both as a way to improve our services.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

The companies they contracted with didn't solve the issues and had poor communication. I had a stove that wasn't burning cleanly and was spitting out CO. They came in and cleaned the gas vents but that didn't help. I had a washer that wouldn't drain or would give an error code and they said there wasn't anything they could do. One company was supposed to come but never replied or confirmed. Overall a poor experience. I signed up for a 1 year plan without renewal and they auto renewed and it was a pain to cancel.

Hi Brandon,

We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above and would like to complete a full review into your claims experience. Please send an email to claims@arwplans.com with your phone number, policy address and/ or policy number so we may review it internally and have a member of our Corporate team reach out to you accordingly. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I had an issue with my garbage disposal a number of months ago and although ARW couldn't find a local repair person for the job, they made a valiant effort to reimburse me right away. I was very appreciative for that. I also recently had an issue that came up with my payment. The woman in billing, Karen, was so professional, so helpful, had a great attitude and even made me laugh while she solved the issue. I've had a home warranty policy for over a decade, mostly with another company, which was awful, and ARW is by far and away, a company I would recommend.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your feedback and we are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience with Karen. We will ensure we forward your feedback on to her. We look forward to continuing to protest your home in the future.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

This company takes advantage by promising what you will not deliver. It's all about the small writing...you BETTER read what you are signing up for because you are not forthcoming with important information such as the limited amounts paid due to the age of the appliance. You wont fix it then you take out the service fee? What do I gain from your services...aggravation and complete disappointment. I even upgraded and got less! One is lead to believe what is untrue. Borders on false advertising!

Hi Janet,

We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above and would like to complete a full review into your claims experience. We have sent a request to our Claims Department for details regarding your open claims and a member of our Corporate team will be reaching out to you to discuss the outcome of the review. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Received great customer service from the representative Karen. She offered good products and services. Thank you for your assistance. The service was good, the representative was good and respectful and nice.

Hi Yvette,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It felt great to find out that we could live up to the expectation you had for ARW. Thank you for trusting us with your home warranty needs.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

Your service provider Dominic is great & excellent in explaining things to me. He makes me feel happy because I was about to terminate my contract with your company but he made me changes my mind. I recommend Lydia ** to join your company.

Hi Akwei,

Getting positive feedback customers we serve is always a joy. Your review has been very inspiring. Please don't hesitate to contact should you ever need further assistance.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Dominic was well versed on his job. He was expedient with the service, knowledgeable and professional. He is an asset to your Customer Service Team. Dominic made sure to cover all of my concerns and ensure that if any of issues persist, he would be glad to assist me.

Hi Carolyn,

Learning about the pleasant experience you had with our business was really confidence-boosting. We will strive to to continue to live up to your expectations.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I had called about canceling or changing my term length and knew that the group who would handle that request would not be in until Monday. Domonic called me back and helped me SO much, get answers to my questions and changed my term from annual to quarterly for me. I can't recommend him enough and am so thrilled that ARW has awesome people like him there!

Hi Monica,

Thanks for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Dominic will be thrilled to earn your excellent review!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Dominic was very helpful and courteous. Explained my situation and he listened and went that extra mile for me. He was so caring and understanding. At a time where the whole world is struggling with Covid and what not it feels good to know that there is someone that hears you and really cares. Great customer service. He went above and beyond and find or express the gratitude. Thank you for your help and courtesy.

Hi Delma,

Thank you for trusting ARW with your home warranty needs. We will continue to provide excellent service to our valued customers and we hope serve you for the many years to come.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Representative was great in helping with my billing issue. Forgot that I hadn't called about giving my new debit card number as my old debit card had been hacked She took care of everything without any problems. Great customer service. Didn't have to wait on hold at all.

Hi Jeff,

We're pleased to know that we were able to help you with your billing issue. Should you ever need our assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to assist you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

We were being assisted by an ARW representative named Dominic today. He listened with an intent to problem solve and gave appropriate solutions. I found him to be endearing, amazingly polite, and he referred to my husband and I by our last name, also saying Ma'am at every conversation point. You could hear that he was either smiling or cheerful, which may be hard to do when people are calling about some sort of unhappy experience with their home. He stayed a model of employee professionalism throughout the service call, he even stayed on the line while transferring me to a different department so that I would have the live representative needed. All of this was without asking - Total winner and such an asset to American Residential.

Valued Customer,

Your review has made our day! We are happy to hear that we were able to help you with your problem. Dominic will be thrilled to have earned your excellent review. Thank you so much for trusting us with your home warranty needs.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Information for me to manage my account and contract. I wanted to receive the link for information on managing my account, a copy of contract, payment information. The representative was professional in assisting me in discussing my question with clarity.

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review, Allen. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for trusting ARW with your home warranty needs.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

My experience with you all is always good. My rep today was amazing. She asked how was my day and holiday and she and I had a conversation and it brighten both of our days. I'm so glad I could be a good spirit for her and she felt better after she and I talked.

Hi Lakeshia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We enjoy serving our residents, and your kind words made our team's day particularly rewarding. Thank you for trusting us with your home warranty needs.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

While happy with the coverage, I simply could no longer afford the monthly premium, so was forced to cancel. The Customer Service person I spoke to, Kernst **, was polite, professional and friendly, and offered several alternatives to canceling, but that's not a possibility for me right now. I VERY much appreciated the fact that he was empathetic to my position, and unlike some companies, didn't try to repeatedly hard sell me to stay. Not all companies respect a customer's decision, and the fact that he did, greatly increases the possibility that I may return if my situation improves. Thank you.

Hi Scott!

While we're happy to know that Kernst was able to assist you, we're sad to see you go. Should you ever need our services in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to have you back.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I had the pleasure of speaking with Dominic today about my current coverage and possibly adding more coverage on a new home. He was very knowledgeable about the product as well as friendly and polite!! I would recommend ARW to others.

Hi Charlene,

We pledge to continue to maintain our standard of excellence for our clients. Thank you for your trust and recommendation!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Called in today to have a change on my home warranty plan to include few features and then have an existing coverage removed. Mr. Dominic was just awesome with clear explanations of my coverage. His inputs helped me to gauge my plan and modify accordingly.

Hi Sivaramakrishna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're pleased to hear that Dominic was able to help you modify your plan. Thanks for trusting us with your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Good evening,

Today I spoke to a customer service and his name was Kevin. He helped me with resolve my concerns. He was very professional and knowledge about my concerns so he put me on whole while he did his research and in a little while he came back and told me that everything was good to go. He asked if there was another concern I replied no and said all is good.

Thanks,

Mrs. Frazier

Hi Iris,

We are happy to know that Kevin was of great assistance in resolving your concern. Thank you for trusting ARW for your home warranty needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us should you need any assistance.

American Residential Warranty Company Information