4.4/5 (326 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About American Residential Warranty

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with AIG, Asurion, and Amynta to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

Pros

• Select your contractor
    • Electronics plan available
    • Nationwide coverage
    • Long-term contract not required

Cons

• Some systems have limited caps
    • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Bottom Line

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

American Residential Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: May 4, 2022

Friendly, understanding. He explain my policy The young man was able to answer my questions. I would recommend this company to my friends. My credit card was put on hold and while waiting for a new one, this young man said he would keep in touch while waiting on my payment.

Hi Nellie,

We're pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience. Thank you for recommending us and sharing it to the community! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: May 4, 2022

Was very nice, took care of me fast and efficient. Her voice tone was very easy for me to hear. And she offered other services which I turned down but it was nice to know about the other services ARW offer.

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your amazing review. The entire team really appreciates it. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: May 2, 2022

I spoke to Matt, he was very helpful, gave me all the information I needed. He was very attentive and gave me the right help for my needs. Last month I called and spoke to someone else, I did not get the same service. I received a text message today saying that my subscription was due with the incorrect amount. I'm out of the country so I had to make a long-distance call. Matt was efficient, took care of business updating my chart and advising me properly. I'm thankful he answered the phone when I called. Thank you.

Hi Ortensia,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Matt was able to help with your subscription issues, and we appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing ARW and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 28, 2022

Given that I was at work, the transaction was to the point but not rushed. Dominic was friendly and patient. Thank you for the attention to my account standing, the professionalism displayed and appreciate pace of the transaction. There is nothing more annoying than a slow talking and slow moving associate.

Hi Synthia,

Thank you for the kind review! We are so proud that we earned your business here at ARW. We will be sure to let Dominic know that you appreciate him.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 26, 2022

Thanks so much for the nice customer service today when I called my payment in. I appreciate the service that Karen ** give when I called. Thanks again Renee **. If you have questions please feel free to call me at+**.

Hi Renee,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our customer representatives. We always aim to provide excellent customer service and home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 25, 2022

Staff Member DONNA Was Very Very Helpful in All of my questions. She Had such A Super Professional Attitude. Donna explained each and every detail of my questions to her about any Account issues. SHE MADE SURE that SHE had Cleared Up ANY Doubts that I Had if ANY. Overall She Was A SUPER PROFESSIONAL.

Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience about our customer support Donna. She will be thrilled to have earned your excellent rating! Should you ever need us for future home warranty services, don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great day!

Original review: April 22, 2022

Customer service has been very helpful each time I have spoken with someone. The last home warranty company that's I had gave me the runaround on my repair of the refrigerator, it was a year and half before they took care of the problem.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad to hear you are satisfied with our services. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty for your home warranty needs and for being such a loyal customer--we appreciate you!

Original review: April 22, 2022

Charlene was very helpful and professional and solved my issue in a timely manner. She assisted me and was helpful with resolving my issue. You should be proud to have an employee such as Charlene, she is an exceptional employee.

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We look forward to continuing to serve you and encourage you to reach out should you ever need us for future home warranty services. Have a great day!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 21, 2022

Karen was very knowledgeable, and Professional, She updated my Card information information Due to the date had expired, She answered all the questions that I that I had about my insurance policy. I am very pleased so far with my policy and your service.

Hi Angela,

We're pleased to know that Karen was of great assistance to you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if future need arises, and thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 16, 2022

I called to make a payment on my warranty policy, and to update my information. Dominique was great, very professional and very courtesy he was very polite and offered a policy review if I needed one. I'm very satisfied with the service he provided.

Hi Zena,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We look forward to continuing to provide you quality service for your future home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 14, 2022

The agent that spoke was very professional. Her name is Karen and I like the way she talked. I will recommend ARW to my friends because I like their customer care relationship. I didn’t regret joining this company. I will be looking forward to a better days with ARW. Thanks.

Hi Roseline,

We appreciate your positive feedback and kind recommendation. Thank you for supporting and trusting ARW for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 11, 2022

Good afternoon, I just wanted to give high praise to the service I received from Kevin. Since this was my first time calling customer service I wasn’t sure what to expect. Kevin was so helpful and professional and definitely exceeded my expectations. Thank you for hiring such a great employee! Best regards, Mary **.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Please don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 7, 2022

I have recommended two friends and both forgot to tell you, but I still do. Although you could not get a plumber on time and had me get one, I did an ARW was very fast in getting me my money back. Dominique was very friendly and very courteous. Because my debit card was hacked, I got a call from Dominique and enjoyed talking to him he was very knowledgeable about the company and seem to enjoy his work through much. I enjoyed talking to him thank you.

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your support and recommendation. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Karen, the service representative that handled my billing issue, was excellent. She was able to quickly switch my Auto pay on both my Appliance Plan and Electronics Plan to a single BofA card. Besides being professional and expedient, she was also warm and friendly. Karen exceeded my expectations and I will accordingly recommend ARW to others as a result of her quality service.

Hi Farrell,

We are overjoyed to hear that Karen exceeded your expectations. He will be thrilled to have earned your wonderful review! Thank you for continuously trusting ARW for your home warranty needs.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Questions regarding selling my home. Dominic was professional, knowledgeable, and I hope you are paying him well before some other company snatches him away from you. I was sales manager of a large corporation before retiring and would have valued him if he had been one of my representatives.

Linda,

Thank you for using our services. It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you. We hope our service will exceed your expectations. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us.

Original review: April 5, 2022

The young lady was so respectful, talked well, very helpful and friendly. Working with her was a pleasure and I would love working with her again. I think she is a great employee and you are very lucky to have her. I would never let her go.

Hi Tanya,

Your support makes all of our hard work worthwhile. All of us at ARW appreciates your support.

Resolution response: April 5, 2022

After escalating for a 3rd time they agreed to not charge me the 2nd test/diagnostics fee.

Original review: April 4, 2022

So my HVAC needed to be repaired, and sent in claim. Someone comes out and does a test and diagnostics (a $125 charge) and the repairs would be over the amount they would pay for so they gave me an option of going through their servicer and paying out of pocket difference or sending me check (less the $125 charge) and I get my own servicer.

I initially said I'd use their servicer and said let's set it up and do the repairs. Instead of doing so, they opened another claim, and sent another person out and did ANOTHER test and diagnostics for the SAME repair and they don't fix it just tell me the exact same thing the first did, but now I'm being charged for both test and diagnostics fees. And though I pointed it out and escalated twice, they just say your typical, "we're sorry, we understand but this is the decision" essentially saying, "we understand we messed up but it's your problem and you gotta pay for it." Pretty immoral business practice to have your customer be held accountable for your mistake.

Original review: April 2, 2022

My experience American Residential Warranty was awesome. The customer service representative were courteous and professional. I was informed and reminded of my appointment time. The tech was knowledge of the service needed. My problem was fixed in under 30 minutes. The monthly rate I pay is fits my budget. I am committed for LIFE!!

Hi Robin,

At American Residential Warranty, we put the needs of our customers first and provide warranty plans that fit your budget. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: April 1, 2022

I was comparing different home warranties and found out that American Residential Warranty was competitive and their reviews online were good. Also, I wanted a specific custom warranty, and I was able to do that. I gave them a call and mentioned what things I needed. The agent explained to me what was the best one I could take. He did some customization and helped me in choosing the type of warranty I should go with.

Hi Varun,

At American Residential Warranty, we provide warranty plans that fit your needs. Thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 29, 2022

Kevin is only reason why I’m doing this review. He did an amazing job on assisting me with my questions professionally. I have respect when respect is given and I treat others how I’m treated. He did an amazing job with working with me.

Hi Nashira,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! Thank you for your continued trust in our business. Have a great day!

American Residential Warranty.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Your representative Sharlene was very knowledgeable with a warm personality, And her telephone courtesy was absolutely the best. He definitely made me feel I made the best decision coming over to American Residential Warranty. Thanks for the experience. I will definitely share it with my friends.

Hi Roosevelt,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review and for recommending us to your friends. Sharlene will be pleased to learn of your high praise. We work very diligently and your feedback provides great encouragement to keep doing our best. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Thank you so much for the Rep Sharlene, she was very professional and polite. I was done before I knew what happened. She was swift and Accurate in making my payment. I was offered and incentive to make this review but I would have done it anyway.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 23, 2022

I called in to advise that I was canceling my service solely for the issue of an unauthorized automatic payment being debited from my credit card. I have manually called in my payments since I acquired your company 15 years ago. Needless to say I was beyond angry. I called in and the gentleman named Dominic answered the phone. He quickly advised me that there was an issue with this payment system after some type of an upgrade. With the upgrade he advised me that most of the customers were sent back to the reoccurring automatic schedule payment system including those who are not previously using the service.

I continue to vent and he continued to calm me down. After assuring me he will put a notation in the system that I will be back on the manual system next year, he sent confirmations and receipt to me by email. He then went on to advise me about a service for a monitoring system through ADT which I currently have. He asked me to reach out to the company to see about an upgrade to the monitoring system for a little to no increase to me. Wow what a difference that information made to me.

This gentleman was a GEM. He is truly an ASSET to your company. He literally stayed on that phone until he was sure that I was satisfied. I need someone to acknowledge that and let him know how he literally saved a customer from leaving your company and finding another for her needs. Dominic thank you thank you thank you. I hope I get you every time I call for payment. As a matter of fact. The company NEEDS to find that recorded conversation and use it for training purposes. Amazing customer service SIR DOMINIC.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Dominic was able to help with your payment issues, and we appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 21, 2022

Sharlotte was very polite and took care of my matter. Plus I called in for a new service call and will be getting my service the next day that never happened since I have had the policy. Usually be service call I had to wait over a month or so. Very please this time on my claim.

Hi Connie,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your repairs and the timeline in which your claim was resolved. We look forward to continuing to provide you quality service for your future home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 19, 2022

I spoke with the representative named Karen. She was very professional with a great attitude. She was very friendly when requesting my credit card to be updated on file. Karen will go far with ARW. I enjoy speaking with her.

Hi Crystal,

We're pleased to hear that Karen was of great assistance to you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any assistance in the future.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 17, 2022

We did a claim for our dryer and it was easy. We called up and told American Residential Warranty what was going on. They sent someone out. He had the parts on the truck and it was an easy fix. The customer service has been great too. When I was signing up as well as when I called to make a claim, someone was there to take my call right away and everybody's been polite and helpful.

Hi Dawn,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with us and allowing us to serve you. Have a great day!

Original review: March 14, 2022

The agent was helpful and courteous. I was late with a payment and we discussed a date and time that the payment would be withdrawn from my account. Sharlene helped to guide me through the process and she was very helpful.

Hi Denise,

Original review: March 14, 2022

When you have problems in your home they will get someone there that day or no later than two days. Very fast service. And if they’re not able to fix it they will reimburse you with a check. If you’re late with your payments they will give you grace. That’s another good reason why I like the company.

Hi Alamese,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your review with us. We appreciate your feedback on our service quality and timeline. Thank you for allowing us to serve your home warranty needs.

Original review: March 14, 2022

On March 14th 2022. I made a call to your billing department and spoke with Donna... What a wonderful person. So knowledgeable and professional. She handled my situation with exceptional speed and accuracy. It's nice to know ARW have wonderful people as herself that when you call you know whatever problem you have will be handled properly. Best Regards, Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for your fantastic review! Donna is exactly as you described — she has passion for assisting clients and she is packed with knowledge. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to helping you with your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: March 8, 2022

Card renewal was handled easily, needed to update my debit card and Sharlene was polite and handled the situation quickly so there should not be any problems in the future about my account because of the debit card. Thank you very much.

Hi Frank,

We're pleased to know that our dedicated staff was able to help you with updating your debit card on file. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty Company Information