2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

4.4/5 (562 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About American Residential Warranty

American Residential Warranty provides homeowners with service contracts that cover repairs or replacements. We have partnered with AIG, Asurion, and Amynta to ensure outstanding coverage and customizable home protection.

Pros

• Select your contractor
  • Electronics plan available
  • Nationwide coverage
  • Long-term contract not required

Cons

• Some systems have limited caps
  • Homeowner is responsible for contacting approved contractor

Bottom Line

American Residential Warranty offers nationwide coverage and ample protection for your home. While there are some limited caps, ARW provides coverage for items many home warranties do not plus flexible contract terms.

American Residential Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Residential Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Ms. Sharlene was extremely helpful explaining to me what I needed to know concerning my payment. Her customer service was genuine and I felt assured speaking with her. We need to have more good hearted people working in customer service like her!

Hi Stanley,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for giving your customer service representative a personal shout-out. We are happy we earned your business and are happy to work with you. Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I was upset when I called because I wasn't happy with your initial offer. June provided excellent customer service. My issue was resolved and I will continue as a customer. I would recommend ARW to a friend in my community.

Hi Russell,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Although you're mostly pleased with your customer service experience, we see there is some room for improvement. We always encourage our residents to provide their feedback whether positive or negative and use both as a way to improve our services.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I was very satisfied with the service I received. They were always available when I needed service. They were kind, respectful, professional and considerate. I felt like I was in great hands with American Warranty. I would definitely recommend to all my friends and family.

Hi Belinda,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad to hear you are satisfied with our services. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty for your home warranty needs and for being such a loyal customer - we appreciate you!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Sharlene was very helpful and polite. She will have me recommend this company to all of my friends and family. Thanks for being courteous. The company has been working well with me on a couple of things that have needed fixing and I have gotten them fixed. Thanks again Sharlene for your support today.

Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for this review! We are happy to have the opportunity to work with you through your home warranty needs and very much appreciate your recommendation of our service to your friends and family members. Thank you for choosing ARW, and have a wonderful day!

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My sign up was fast and efficient and Sharlene was nice and helpful. Now we'll see how good the actual service is. Because my Sears warranty was dishonest, and I was hesitant to try another. I gave it a go, and I'm hoping for the best!

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Sharlene was able to help with you with your sign up. Thank you for trusting American Residential Warranty, and we look forward to providing quality home warranty services for you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

She was great and very helpful and thoughtful about my situation and I also spoke with a Karen. She also so was very helpful and knowledgeable about my situation. Those two young ladies were a big help so Thank You LADIES.

Hi Cedric,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

The payment method tied to my account had been hacked! I called to update it! In a time when good customer service is hard to come by, Sharlene showed me that good customer still exists! She was very polite and professional!

Hi Dechelle,

We're happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience in your phone interaction with Sharlene. We look forward to continuing to provide services for your home warranty needs.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Had to update account info. The representative I spoke with was very kind, and helpful. I would recommend ARW to friends and family. I have always had a great experience with every representative with every phone call I have had to make.

Hi Annie,

Your great review made our day! We're pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience. Thank you for recommending us and sharing it to the community!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Great Customer Service. On time tech was very professional. Work was done quick and fast. I was very satisfied with work that was done. I will give an referral to friend or family. I'm very pleased and grateful for the service provided and look forward for future service in my home in the near future.

Hi Steven,

Your great review has made our day! We are grateful to know that our efforts to improve and maintain our services has continuously earned us the trust and recommendation of our clients. Thank you for continuously trusting ARW for your home warranty needs.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I spoke with a Sharlene and I received customer service from her second to none. She was nice and polite and very informative. Thank you for how you treat your customers when we call in. Having Reps like Sharlene make you feel you are being well taken care of. Stay safe.

Hi Rodney,

We're are delighted that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for your continued trust in our business!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Sharlene was very helpful and very pleasant on the phone. I just had to update my credit card information since I had to get a new one. She was more than helpful. I have been dealing with a plumbing issue also that hasn't gone as well. The first time out, the plumber couldn't fix it, had to get a bigger machine out. I then had to get this approved by another department which took almost a week. Also, the wait time on the phone is pretty long.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for the positive feedback about our staff and for bringing the wait time issue to our attention. Your feedback will help us get better. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Sharlene was a great call. Was quick. Will continue to recommend friend and family to this company. Never had any problems with service. Will get more service. From them in the future. Family recommend this to me. Sharlene was funny. Bright on the phone. Nice air about her. Like talking to her.

Hi Angelique,

Thank you for such a fantastic review and for recommending us. We are grateful for your business and we'll continue to provide you with your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I was very fortunate to connect to Majorie in customer service. She cared & understood my state of mind concerning the frustration & bad experiences & misinformation I was given by the Claims Dept. And when I request to speak to a Supervisor, my issues were not resolved. Your company needs more people like Majorie. It's important to know that someone at the other end cares.

Hi Brenda,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. Although you're mostly pleased with your customer service experience, we see there is some room for improvement. Still, we appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

This person was so understanding and I needed help on my acct. She was right there. When I needed. Thank you very much. Every time I needed help you guys are always there for me to help. Doing business with this company is awesome.

Hi Robert,

We're are delighted that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for trusting us for your home warranty needs!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

After previously calling 5 times I received some clarity from K **. I was calling to cancel my contract but after I received clarity, telephone #s & the different companies used for the warranties. He was very professional & knowledgeable. He is to be commended “Job well done”.

Hi Sheryl,

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

June was very professional and was able to help me get plumbing added to my account and also answered my questions about when I buy a new home about transferring my coverage over to the new home so that it will be covered.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review and for recommending us. Donna will be pleased to learn of your high praise. We work very diligently and your feedback provides great encouragement to keep doing our best. Please do not hesitate to reach out should any future need arise as we are always happy to assist.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Charlene was very thoughtful & listen well to my problem. She was very professional, answered all my questions and made the changes that needed to be made. I was placed on hold for a short period. She apologize for the wait.

Hi Freida,

We are happy to hear about the customer service experience you received when speaking with Sharlene. If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to call.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Sharlene was very professional and made me feel like family. Her personality is amazing. Also I wasn’t passed around from person to person therefore that’s a plus in my book. I’ve been a customer for 10 years and today’s experience reminded me why.

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and for specifically mentioning Sharlene's hard work. Thank you for choosing ARW for your home warranty needs and for being such a loyal customer - we appreciate you!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Claim was submitted 8/26/2020 for plumbing issue. ARW could not provide service because of the Covid19. I been calling for year for my refund $55.00 all I get excuses my I haven't received my refund. My next course of action is NYS Attorney General Office.

Hi Mabel,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around and look forward to continuing to protect your home in the future.

ARW Home Services.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

June did an excellent job on answering my questions and her Knowledge on my concerns. She did a great job. June explained The question I had on the claim process. So when June transferred the call I was calm on what to expect.

Respectfully

Brenda **

Hi Brenda,

We're happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience in your phone interaction with Jude. We also count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Sharlene from billing was so awesome. She made things easy to understand. She has the perfect voice and very understanding. Yes I would recommend more people to American Residential Warranty. You have a great team and I'm thankful to you all. Keep up the great work. Again thank you.

Hi Earl,

Thank you for your fantastic review! Sharlene is exactly as you described — she has passion for assisting clients and she is packed with knowledge. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to helping you with your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Sharlene was great and understood my concerns. Also, she was polite and patient when helping me. Sharlene explained the option to use a debit card versus using a checking account. With Sharlene’s knowledge about her job saved me $3. I really appreciate her kindness and willingness to serve ARW customers.

Hi Shirley,

We are overjoyed to hear that Sharlene exceeded your expectations. She will be thrilled to have earned your wonderful review! Thank you for continuously trusting ARW for your home warranty needs.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Charlene provided excellent customer service. She understood my situation and resolved it quickly. She went beyond and stayed with the call throughout the process. I will pass on my satisfaction to my friends. Please let management know how well pleased I am.

Hi William,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, especially for specifically mentioning Charlene's hard work on your issue. Thank you for choosing ARW for your home warranty needs and for being such a loyal customer - we appreciate you!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

The person that waiting on me was so nice and help me so and she made me LAUGH. Her name was CHARLENE. I hope I spell it right. She deserves a nice word. THANK YOU. She able to help with my card. I knew the 4 numbers on my card but I said it backward so she told me I had the right numbers but I said it in the wrong way. She made feel good because sometimes I forget things.

Hi Bridget,

We are pleased to hear that Charlene was able to help you with paying your bill. She will be thrilled to have earned your excellent review. We look forward to continuing to provide you quality service for your future home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

What started off as a rocky start ended up turning into a great experience. Somehow my account was not updated however with the world class service I received from Dominique today all is well. My claim was paid timely, my service issue was completed and I’m a happy camper

Hi Michael,

We're pleased to know that Steve was of remarkable assistance to you. We look forward to continuing to provide you quality service for your future home warranty needs.

American Residential Warranty

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I was very pleased with the way the agent Charlene handled my concern. She listened to my concern and after research was able to tell me what happened and how my concern would be handled in the future. However applying a charge to my credit card and I hadn't authorized it made me think my account had been compromised without my knowledge. I noticed you do not sell customers information and I am thankful for that but I was disappointed that my information within your system could be used without my consent.

Hi Rosetta,

We regret that you had these issues and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are closely monitoring your account to make sure this never happens again. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I was given the runaround and went back and forth and spoke to six people before the issue with my account was explained. The last person promised that I would get a call when everything is corrected. I have not received the phone call. I cannot file a claim until until my account is corrected.

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your feedback. We were finally able to resolve your account issues and your policy is ready for claim set-up. We are reviewing your account and a member of our Corporate Office will be reaching out to you shortly to assist further. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to turn your experience around.

ARW Home Services

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Today I called to cancel my warranty plan to request a refund because I had so many issues with the company. Thomas took the time to go through each and every call to get a better understanding of my complaint. He stayed on the line until my issue was completely. Thomas did an amazing job and he heard me as a customer. Thomas helping me today is the only reason I decided to stay! Beyond happy and bless for Thomas and all of his help.

Hi Tynika,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that Thomas was able to help with your prior issues, and we appreciate you giving us the chance to make things right. Thank you for choosing American Residential Warranty, and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Past 3 years no problems with service, however this past year not at all satisfied, claims not taken care, after dropping service monthly funds continued to be drawn from my account. Long wait time on phones, unable to get to right department, constantly being transferred back and forth to departments who could not assist me. Then spoke with June in corporate office who was able to assist answering my questions as well as directing me to another department after a good sales pitch to remain with the company. Unfortunately my husband was fed up with the service rather non-service we received and cancelled our account.

Hi Ms. Cleosie,

We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above and will use your feedback to better improve our business processes. We hope to one day in the future have an opportunity to turn your experience around. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

ARW Home Services

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I am happy with my experience my representative's name was Sharlene. There is one problem though there seems to be an issue every time it's time to make a payment. Hope that gets resolved soon. The money is always there on the third Wednesday in each month. Don't know why there is an issue with pulling the funds.

Hi Ernestine,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Although you're pleased with your recent interaction, we see that the issue with the processing of your payment. We are closely monitoring your account to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

American Residential Warranty Company Information