2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.79/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Amazon Home Warranty has three different home warranty plans. You can also select add-ons for less common appliances and systems to round out your coverage. Payment is simple and completed on Amazon Home Warranty’s website. Amazon Home Warranty has no affiliation with Amazon.com.

BOTTOM LINE

Amazon Home Warranty offers a wide variety of coverage through its combo plan. While some coverage limits vary, it offers reasonable monthly rates and more than enough coverage for the average homeowner.

PROS

• Choose your own contractor
    • Reasonable monthly rates
    • Comprehensive combo plan

CONS

• Limited add-on options
    • Coverage caps on some items

Top Amazon Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

I have been a satisfied customer for over 2 years now. ... My 3-year-old freezer stopped functioning, but Amazon Home Warranty did exactly as they promised. Their tech came out the very next day and repaired the unit. I was very satisfied with the work provided.

Excellent service and great prices! When my fridge broke, I called them up right away and they immediately sprung into action... I would highly recommend and would do business with this company again. ... It is not easy nowadays to find a reputable home warranty service!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amazon Home Warranty plans

Amazon Home Warranty has been offering coverage to provide homeowners with protection from expensive household repairs for the last decade. It provides policies for customers nationwide and 24/7 customer service. Not sure what kind of coverage you need? Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy by offering three plans:

Appliance Plan
      The Essential Appliance Plan covers majors appliances you can't live without, including:
      • Dishwasher
      • Refrigerator and freezer
      • Washer and dryer
      • Oven and cooktop
      • Trash compactor
      • Microwave
      System Plan
      The System Plan covers the major mechanical systems in your home as well as plumbing and your home’s electrical wiring. Covered components include:
      • Central heating and air conditioning
      • Plumbing
      • Electrical systems
      • Ductwork
      • Water heater
      • Jetted tubs
      • Garage door openers
      Combo Plan
      The combo plan covers everything in the system and appliance plans plus a few bonus items. It covers:
      • Everything covered on the System and Appliance Plans
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Wine coolers
      • Ice makers
      Amazon Home Warranty coverage exclusions
      Like most companies in the home warranty industry, Amazon Home Warranty does not cover any preexisting conditions.

Other exclusions exist on a per-item basis. For example, while Amazon Home Warranty covers kitchen refrigerators, including freezer units, it doesn't cover parts like racks, shelves, glass, lighting, handles, doors, seals, hinges or anything else deemed nonessential to the refrigerator’s core function.

Amazon Home Warranty coverage limits

Amazon’s coverage limit is set at $1,500 per contract item unless otherwise specified. The list below highlights some of the different coverage limits.

ItemAmazon’s coverage limit
      Air conditioning system$2,500
      Ceiling and exhaust fans$500
      Electrical system$500
      Encased ductwork$500
      Plumbing system and stoppage$500
      Water heater$500
      Whirlpool bathtub$500

Optional add-on items offered by Amazon’s Home Warranty may also have different coverage limits.

Amazon Home Warranty cost

The average cost for Amazon Home Warranty is between $30 and $50 per month, which is in line with the industry average. The service call fee, which you pay for each repair, is $75, which is also within the average range for home warranties.

PlanAverage cost
      Essential Appliances Plan$349/year or $29/month
      Major Systems Plan$429/year or $36/month
      Combo Plan$579/year or $48/month

Amazon Home Warranty claims

To request service, you need to submit a claim to Amazon Home Warranty. Claims are simple to submit, and you can file one 24/7.

How to request service from Amazon Home Warranty

1. File a claim and request service by calling Amazon’s 24/7 toll-free number.
      2. Amazon contacts a service contractor within two business days.
      3. The service contractor contacts you to schedule a repair visit.
      4. Pay the service call fee.
      5. Your contractor performs the repair.

Amazon guarantees repairs for 90 days on parts and 30 days on labor. If the work performed fails during this time, you do not have to pay an additional fee to get the item fixed again.

Amazon chooses your service provider from its list of approved repair companies. If you want to use your own contractor, you need preapproval. Amazon Home Warranty will need to see proof of repair before reimbursing you.

Amazon Home Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider?
      Amazon Home Warranty typically chooses a service provider for your repair from its list of approved contractors. To use an outside contractor, you need to call Amazon Home Warranty for preauthorization before beginning the repair.
      Is there a cancellation fee for Amazon Home Warranty?
      Yes. A $30 cancellation fee may apply if you cancel your contract.
      Does Amazon Home Warranty require a home inspection?
      No, you can sign up for an Amazon Home Warranty plan without a home inspection.
      Can I get a full refund when I cancel my plan with Amazon Home Warranty?
      Amazon Home Warranty has a 30-day grace period after sign-up. During this period, you can cancel your plan and receive a full refund.
      How long is Amazon Home Warranty’s service work guarantee?
      Amazon Home Warranty’s plans have a 30-day service work guarantee, meaning if a technician repairs an appliance and it breaks down within 30 days, there is no second service fee.
      What is Amazon Home Warranty’s service fee for home warranties?
      The standard service fee is $75.
      Is Amazon Home Warranty owned by Amazon.com?
      No. Amazon Home Warranty is not affiliated in any way with Amazon.com.

Is Amazon Home Warranty worth it?

If you are looking for a simple, straightforward choice for a home warranty, Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy to decide on a plan. Its Combo Plan offers comprehensive coverage that’s on par with top home warranty providers. It provides reasonable monthly rates in line with the industry average and some flexibility in service providers. Amazon Home Warranty provides value for the cost, making it a good option for homeowners looking for home protection plans.

Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: March 26, 2020

I had some issue with my central air conditioning system a few weeks before. I called them to sort out the issue via phone. The guy who picked up the call was very polite and was ready to answer my request at no time. They responded to my claim quickly and sent a service person the next day itself. They had a thorough understanding of the working of my system and fixed the problem within half an hour. I was very pleased with the service and would recommend them for all.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Our heat stopped working, and the contractor sent by AHW identified the problem as the furnace fan motor having failed and got a replacement part delivered and installed in less than a week. While installing, he found that dirt and seal leaks of the fan would weaken the motor, and he cleaned and resealed at a reduced charge, since we were AHW customers (these items not covered by AHW). Better service than we have had in the past by the company that originally installed our furnace.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I recently submitted a claim for my stopped up sink drain. Within 2 hours I received an email with the name of the plumber and a date for the sink to be repaired. Two days later my sink was fixed. I’m a realtor and I’ve been dealing/working with home warranty companies for years. Most of them feed you lies and don’t cover anything once you put in a claim.. This company is the most legit I’ve seen so far, they are covering my claims. Amazon Home Warranty not only uses reliable and expert companies but they facilitate their claims in an efficient and rapid manner. I would recommend this company without hesitation.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I’ve read a lot of reviews for Amazon Home Warranty and had mixed feelings at first about signing up. I decided to call and had a good experience with the rep I spoke with, he gave me a good package quote so I decided to join. So far they fixed my toilet, they had a plumber come out next day. I have also had good experience when my refrigerator needed a motor. Amazon Home Warranty got that fixed within 2 days. Recently, my AC was not cooling which I saw was a common thing in the reviews. Amazon treated it as an emergency claim and fixed it first thing the next day. The tech was in and out. In the end they did save me decent amount of money and hassle. I have nothing bad to say and AHW, nothing but positive experience. 5 stars across the board.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I’ve only had my policy with Amazon Home Warranty for a few months and wow, am I glad I do! Both fridge and dishwasher decided that they were going to act up and stop working.. within a few weeks of each other. But luckily I made a smart decision by joining AHW. I did my homework before and I’m certain that I went with the right warranty company. One of my favorite things when it comes to verbally dealing with AHW is that I get to talk to the same rep every time, which causes less headache and confusion for me. Every time I call, my personal rep answers the phone and knows exactly who I am.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Amazon Home Warranty is my second provider. I moved to Amazon home warranty after my earlier provider took 5 days to fix my heater in Winter. And now I believe that the other provider was far better. I raised my first claim (and could be the last claim) with Amazon home warranty when I had trouble with closing the microwave oven door (On a Friday or Saturday). They assigned a contractor on Tuesday. Contractor wasn't available for immediate appointment and they came only on Saturday. After inspection, contractor said that he will try to get the replacement parts or look other options in next few days.

I never received an update from contractor or AHW for next 8 days. Called the contractor couple of times, left voice messages but no response for any of them. Called AHW on a Friday and they said that an update will be provided on Monday. No response on Monday. I called AHW again (close to 1 hour wait on the phone to get a customer service representative) today and their response was that they need an update from Contractor to proceed further (close to 3 weeks now from the claim start date). I am still waiting and so I would probably cancel the contract after the issue is fixed. I will not recommend Amazon home warranty to anyone.

Original review: June 28, 2020

It takes days of calling the customer service minimum 25 minutes waiting to deal with a claim. Then it takes 2 weeks to schedule a technician. After the technical estimate, they always find an excuse not to pay. Waste of money! Waste of time. I will never recommend this company.

Original review: June 25, 2020

If you looking for warranty do not get involved with AHW. It's a scam. Starting from searching the policy. They will call you in seconds once you submit the quote online. They will start the policy pricing with $ 60 per month and $90 service fee. As soon you denied they will start dropping the price like crazy and will convince you to buy in any cost. $60 drop to $33 per month and $90 drop to $60 per claim. Once you made any claim they will find many reasons to denied your claim. Sometimes they will denied the claim without sending any technician and you wont find out until you call them back to find the status. I highly recommend stay away from this scam company.

Original review: June 24, 2020

By far, this is the worst company I have ever transacted business. They assigned us a horrible service company that took 2 days to respond, then he never made the appointment he scheduled. I have more!

Original review: June 23, 2020

I bought warranty from them 6 months ago. I had problem with the washer. The cycle would not complete. Amazon home warranty sent a rough tech to repair the same. The fault was a bad sensor. They refused to cover it. I escalated to their management. They started abusing me, threatening me, called me a fraudster and a thief. The guy who took my call was so threatening. I said I will complaint to upper management. He said "take a hike". I told him, "Please cancel my policy and issue refund for unused portion as I bought a 5 year plan." When the sales guy talks to you he makes it sound so good. After many phone calls and abuses and insults I got the upper mgt. Spent 5 hrs on calls. Upper mgt said they will get someone to fix it but I will have a copay of $520. I went to Home Depot and got new washer for $410 installed. Stay away from this company. They will sweet talk you in to buying their products and then take you for a ride.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information