Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
4.01/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Amazon Home Warranty

With over 50 years of combined industry experience, the professionals at Amazon Home Warranty provide three plan options to fit your needs. Whether you are looking for a plan to cover essential appliances, major systems, or a combination of both, we have a plan to fit. Our network of over 10,000 certified technicians are licensed and insured to service claims. Contact us today to start saving on costly out-of-pocket repairs.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

81 Amazon Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I’ve read a lot of reviews for Amazon Home Warranty and had mixed feelings at first about signing up. I decided to call and had a good experience with the rep I spoke with, he gave me a good package quote so I decided to join. So far they fixed my toilet, they had a plumber come out next day. I have also had good experience when my refrigerator needed a motor. Amazon Home Warranty got that fixed within 2 days. Recently, my AC was not cooling which I saw was a common thing in the reviews. Amazon treated it as an emergency claim and fixed it first thing the next day. The tech was in and out. In the end they did save me decent amount of money and hassle. I have nothing bad to say and AHW, nothing but positive experience. 5 stars across the board.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought a home last year and negotiated a 1 year home warranty as part of the deal. The seller picked the warranty and we had a horrible experience with them (AHS) when our AC blower unit died in the middle of summer. As it's time to renew, I shopped around for a more reputable company and found Amazon Home Warranty - so glad I did. Prompt follow up to my inquiry and Eric was both helpful (I had a lot of questions) and friendly during the call. He shopped for discounts proactively and even delayed the start date of my new coverage with AHW to align with the end of my current policy. So far, their customer service is awesome... Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Amazon was very responsive in my search for a better home warranty company. I have not had luck with previous companies so I was looking for a fresh start with a better and hopefully more reliable one. I hope this is the right choice. They got back to me quickly and gave very detailed information on the benefits and comprehensive coverage. I was also give a great opportunity for long term coverage and hopefully this will be the start of a lasting relationship. Although I was not given details on how to file the initial claim I was told the process runs smoothly and can be handled in 7-12 hours after the claim in initiated, if this is accurate this will be a substantial improvement over the last company who had dismal results.

Again I should emphasize this is only a review of the initial process. I will update as I have to, or hopefully don’t have to, go through the claims process. It was just a pleasure to be given a good opportunity to do business with a company that seems to value having customer loyalty and helping them through the process when problems do arrise. Having a home can be stressful enough without having to worry about problems down the road. It is peace of mind if nothing else.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spent several frustrating days researching and evaluating Home Warranty Providers, learning that most providers could be rated anywhere from Outstanding to Poor depending on which agency had published the ratings. I spend countless hours trying to narrow my search to two or three top contenders, while trying to determine which rating service I should believe? Then in some obscure place, I saw a reference to Amazon Home Warranty, which was a total shock as I hadn't seen a single reference to an offering through Amazon during hours of research. Just the name prompted me to dig deeper and I was surprised, yet elated, to find the A+ BBB Rating. Further, all customer reviews I found were extremely positive, so much so that I was concerned that customers had been offered some form of incentive to write the reviews.

The one drawback was I couldn't find it stated anywhere that you provided service in Texas where I live. I called to find out whether you provide service here and also to learn more about your offerings, cost and contract terms. Jesse ** handled my call and I was so impressed by his professionalism, knowledge of your offerings, customer-focused approach as well as your pricing that I purchased a warranty before we even hung up.

I needed to call Jesse back a few days later but he did not answer the call. Since I was going to be unavailable for a few hours, I didn't leave a message, thinking I would call back upon returning home. Within literally 2-3 minutes, my phone rang and when I answered it, Jesse was on the other end and said "Hello Mr. **, how can I help you"? Holy Smoke, I almost had a Heart Attack. What kind of customer service is that? Not only calling me back without me even leaving a message, but also knowing who he was calling just a few days after I purchased our warranty...both things that were far beyond my expectations.

All I can say is you folks handle customer service like I was accustomed to seeing many, many years ago. That kind of service seems to have disappeared in today's business environment so I really commend you for how you approach business and the customer. Keep up the great work! While I thought Jesse's handling of my call was unique to him, as I read more reviews, apparently all your sales agents provide this same level of service and care. I'm quite impressed and hope to see the same kind of service and response if and when I file my first claim. Thanks to Amazon Home Warranty for ending a frustrating research project, resulting in a very favorable outcome.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

After researching home warranty plans, I chose Amazon because of their excellent ratings and 5-star reviews. I just placed my order so I haven't had to use it yet, but if the service they provide is even close to the caliber of their customer service, I will be thrilled! Rick ** was a tremendous help -- both times I called him -- and was polite, courteous, and personable. He could teach a course in customer service! My previous home warranty company (whose name shall not be mentioned but whose ratings are 1 out of 5 stars) was a nightmare to work with. At least I didn't pay for it; it was provided by the seller when I bought the house. I can't wait to wash my hands of them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

The rude boy who claim his name is Mark said they can't fixed my duct work on air conditioner, they don't have responsible people working for them in Mississippi, this company is just a hot mess.... Giving Amazon a bad name.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Please do not waste your money or time!! I switched from American Home Shield because the representative offered a better deal. My air conditioner stopped working. Amazon sent a service tech out to my house and when he called to get authorization for repairs, Amazon refused to pay for anything. I wasted $60 for them not to repair my air conditioner. The customer service rep was extremely rude and disrespectful.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

My fridge went out recently, I called to file a claim for service. They set up an appointment with a contractor to figure out the problem. He was on time and was able to fix the fridge. Amazon Home Warranty has a great plan as far as pricing goes and good contractors.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Amazon Home Warranty has extraordinary service. They were very quick with my emergency air conditioner issue. They told me to shut it off and the company came out the next day. Thank goodness they were able to fix it that day.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

LONG STORY SHORTENED, sent today: We are so disturbed about how we are being treated as customers with Amazon Home Warranty. We have requested and have been awaiting resolve of Claim #** since the beginning of July. We have been without a stove since then which have resulted in additional expenses for us. In addition, upon speaking with one of Amazon Warranty’s agents we were told we would receive two months of warranty coverage at no cost. However we were charged and because we did not expect this charge the amount charged was not deposited. Our account at BOA went into OVERDRAFT status because of this charge (please see attachment).

We were offered an amount of $450.00 because the stove could not be repaired but we rejected that offer and tried to voice our displeasures. The conversation was abruptly ended by one of Amazon Warranty’s associates because he did not want to hear our concerns/displeasures. It ended with him telling us he will have a Manager to contact us. THIS IS THE LAST OF AUGUST, WE ARE STILL WITHOUT A STOVE!

This has caused heartbreak, frustration, and additional expenses. We do hate having to call on you again but it is through you we get some kind of satisfaction. Thank you again Sam for assisting us with our concerns. We are… Sincerely, We received a call shortly thereafter and was offered $550.00... Sad. We were told that's as much as they could offer, the computer would not allow them to do more than that. It will be another two weeks before we get that... SMH. After all the frustration and costs they talk as if they didn't care what we've gone through.

Amazon Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Warranty plans provide coverage for malfunctions and breakdowns from ordinary use on home systems and appliances. Warranty plans may cover systems and appliances or a combination.

• Appliance warranties: Plans to cover your dishwasher, refrigerator, standalone freezer, trash compactor, oven, stove, clothes washer, clothes dryer and microwave.

• Systems warranties: Coverage available for central AC and central heating systems, plumbing (including stoppages), electrical system, water heaters, ductwork, jetted bathtubs and garage door openers.

• Combo warranties: Combination appliance-systems plans cover instant hot water dispenser, garbage disposal, attic fan, ceiling fan, bathroom exhaust fan, kitchen fan or exhaust hood and doorbell.

• Additional coverage: Warranties are also available for your pool, spa, lawn sprinkler system, septic system, septic tank pumping, sump pump, water softener, well pump, whole house humidifier, wine refrigerator and more.

• Guarantee: If an Amazon Home Warranty local, licensed and insured technician can’t repair your damaged system or appliance, they will replace it or offer an alternative solution. Standard service call fee is $75.

• Best for: homeowners, realtors and contractors.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information