Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
  2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.25/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

With over 50 years of combined industry experience, the professionals at Amazon Home Warranty provide three plan options to fit your needs. Whether you are looking for a plan to cover essential appliances, major systems, or a combination of both, we have a plan to fit. Our network of over 10,000 certified technicians are licensed and insured to service claims. Contact us today to start saving on costly out-of-pocket repairs.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I’ve read a lot of reviews for Amazon Home Warranty and had mixed feelings at first about signing up. I decided to call and had a good experience with the rep I spoke with, he gave me a good package quote so I decided to join. So far they fixed my toilet, they had a plumber come out next day. I have also had good experience when my refrigerator needed a motor. Amazon Home Warranty got that fixed within 2 days. Recently, my AC was not cooling which I saw was a common thing in the reviews. Amazon treated it as an emergency claim and fixed it first thing the next day. The tech was in and out. In the end they did save me decent amount of money and hassle. I have nothing bad to say and AHW, nothing but positive experience. 5 stars across the board.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought a home last year and negotiated a 1 year home warranty as part of the deal. The seller picked the warranty and we had a horrible experience with them (AHS) when our AC blower unit died in the middle of summer. As it's time to renew, I shopped around for a more reputable company and found Amazon Home Warranty - so glad I did. Prompt follow up to my inquiry and Eric was both helpful (I had a lot of questions) and friendly during the call. He shopped for discounts proactively and even delayed the start date of my new coverage with AHW to align with the end of my current policy. So far, their customer service is awesome... Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Amazon was very responsive in my search for a better home warranty company. I have not had luck with previous companies so I was looking for a fresh start with a better and hopefully more reliable one. I hope this is the right choice. They got back to me quickly and gave very detailed information on the benefits and comprehensive coverage. I was also give a great opportunity for long term coverage and hopefully this will be the start of a lasting relationship. Although I was not given details on how to file the initial claim I was told the process runs smoothly and can be handled in 7-12 hours after the claim in initiated, if this is accurate this will be a substantial improvement over the last company who had dismal results.

Again I should emphasize this is only a review of the initial process. I will update as I have to, or hopefully don’t have to, go through the claims process. It was just a pleasure to be given a good opportunity to do business with a company that seems to value having customer loyalty and helping them through the process when problems do arrise. Having a home can be stressful enough without having to worry about problems down the road. It is peace of mind if nothing else.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spent several frustrating days researching and evaluating Home Warranty Providers, learning that most providers could be rated anywhere from Outstanding to Poor depending on which agency had published the ratings. I spend countless hours trying to narrow my search to two or three top contenders, while trying to determine which rating service I should believe? Then in some obscure place, I saw a reference to Amazon Home Warranty, which was a total shock as I hadn't seen a single reference to an offering through Amazon during hours of research. Just the name prompted me to dig deeper and I was surprised, yet elated, to find the A+ BBB Rating. Further, all customer reviews I found were extremely positive, so much so that I was concerned that customers had been offered some form of incentive to write the reviews.

The one drawback was I couldn't find it stated anywhere that you provided service in Texas where I live. I called to find out whether you provide service here and also to learn more about your offerings, cost and contract terms. Jesse ** handled my call and I was so impressed by his professionalism, knowledge of your offerings, customer-focused approach as well as your pricing that I purchased a warranty before we even hung up.

I needed to call Jesse back a few days later but he did not answer the call. Since I was going to be unavailable for a few hours, I didn't leave a message, thinking I would call back upon returning home. Within literally 2-3 minutes, my phone rang and when I answered it, Jesse was on the other end and said "Hello Mr. **, how can I help you"? Holy Smoke, I almost had a Heart Attack. What kind of customer service is that? Not only calling me back without me even leaving a message, but also knowing who he was calling just a few days after I purchased our warranty...both things that were far beyond my expectations.

All I can say is you folks handle customer service like I was accustomed to seeing many, many years ago. That kind of service seems to have disappeared in today's business environment so I really commend you for how you approach business and the customer. Keep up the great work! While I thought Jesse's handling of my call was unique to him, as I read more reviews, apparently all your sales agents provide this same level of service and care. I'm quite impressed and hope to see the same kind of service and response if and when I file my first claim. Thanks to Amazon Home Warranty for ending a frustrating research project, resulting in a very favorable outcome.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

After researching home warranty plans, I chose Amazon because of their excellent ratings and 5-star reviews. I just placed my order so I haven't had to use it yet, but if the service they provide is even close to the caliber of their customer service, I will be thrilled! Rick ** was a tremendous help -- both times I called him -- and was polite, courteous, and personable. He could teach a course in customer service! My previous home warranty company (whose name shall not be mentioned but whose ratings are 1 out of 5 stars) was a nightmare to work with. At least I didn't pay for it; it was provided by the seller when I bought the house. I can't wait to wash my hands of them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I first signed up for AHW services back in June 2019 after getting a decent quote from this in comparison to the current home warranty company (American Home Shield) that I had at the time. I regret every single decision about this. This is the WORST home warranty company I've ever had to deal with. Aside from my experiences that I will go into detail regarding, their customer service reps absolutely are unprofessional, rude, and cannot communicate whatsoever. I had two experiences back to back that really made me realized 1) read the contract in FINE detail and 2) never go with the cheapest option out there.

When my refrigerator ice maker went out they came out, reviewed the product and deemed they couldn't fix it and decided to give me $400 for replacing the fridge. WHERE IN THE WORLD can you go get a nice fridge at that cost in today's day and age, yet they told me that was the market value they can get a new fridge at wholesale, however, me as the consumer I of course don't get that discount.

After that my garage door opener went out. Low and behold in the contract it says that the will not replace the opener. Well because of the model of an motor I have, the opener is built into it, so guess who was stuck with the charge of having to replace the garage opener/motor with no help from my home warranty company, ME! Meanwhile, American Home Shield would have replaced it and covered it under their contract.

I highly recommend that you review all details with them. After going through this horrible ordeal and LET ME ADD that took from November 2019 to January 22nd, 2020 to get a solution I had to return the $400 back to them in order to cancel my contract. This company is ridiculous and I would not let them give me a warranty on my home even if it was free.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Gas furnace was not working. Called for service on one of the coldest days of the year. Was told that it would be 1 to 2 days before a service tech would be able to come and look at the furnace to evaluate the problem and contact Amazon Home Warranty for approval. I was told that I could get my own tech to come and check it. I did that and got a licensed tech to come in 2 hrs. He checked the furnace and said that the gas valve was bad. Would have to be replaced. I called Amazon. The tech spoke with a rep from Amazon who said that the valve is not covered. The valve is one of the main components of the furnace! I now know that the home warranty business is a RIP OFF!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I submitted a claim for my HVAC system six months after joining Amazon Home Warranty. The company they sent out misdiagnosed the problem as a coil leak and requiring Freon. Amazon decided that this was due to poor maintenance. They asked the servicer if this was due to poor maintenance and the servicer told Amazon that they could not determine that. Amazon denied my claim. The servicer came out to do the repairs at my cost and it was determined that their inexperienced tech misdiagnosed the problem and that it was actually a compressor failure as determined by the owner of the company.

I tried to cancel my warranty with Amazon. I received an email from a rep, Angel ** from Amazon, to see if they could help me with my issue. He stated that if it was a freon issue, it would have not worked for the entire summer. He suggested I get a second opinion, at my cost, and submit for review. I did that, and the second company diagnosed a bad compressor. I asked this second tech if the compressor was bad due to poor maintenance and he advised absolutely not. That the unit was 23 years old and the compressor lasted this long was impressive. I submitted this to Amazon. I know you won't be surprised to hear that they denied my claim again. This time the reason was because 'I ran the system when it was not working properly' and that is not wear and tear.

Then trying to cancel this warranty again was a chore. I was connected to someone who was going to look at my case and see if they could reimburse me for costs I had spent. That is a quote. After being on hold and going through the whole scenario yet again, the rep Kelly is asking how much the compressor repair will cost and what my plan is to fix the system. I said that had nothing to do with Amazon reimbursing me for what this cost. She said they are not reimbursing me. What?!?! Kelly advised she never said that at all. Sigh....buyer beware. This is not a good company.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I switched from HMS to AHW, and I started with them in July. Their service is better than HMS. I just use their website and I never talk to a live person. They sent out a great mechanic for my latest claim and I have an excellent review for them. So far, so good with AHW.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I contacted Amazon to have my kitchen plumbing drainage serviced due to an overflow. I was told by an Amazon rep that we would be contacted by the company that would be servicing our kitchen sink momentarily. I waited several hours and never received a phone call from any type of company or even Amazon that would be taking care of our drainage problems. I contacted Amazon at 7pm on Friday, the same day I called and was told that they could could not help me until the following Monday during normal business hours. I asked that if anything happened over the weekend they could not provide any type of service calls over the weekend. Business could only be conducted Monday thru Friday during normal business hours. DO NOT purchase ANY TYPE of Amazon Home Warranty. Amazon is a terrible company to do business with.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two-minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Amazon Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Warranty plans provide coverage for malfunctions and breakdowns from ordinary use on home systems and appliances. Warranty plans may cover systems and appliances or a combination.

• Appliance warranties: Plans to cover your dishwasher, refrigerator, standalone freezer, trash compactor, oven, stove, clothes washer, clothes dryer and microwave.

• Systems warranties: Coverage available for central AC and central heating systems, plumbing (including stoppages), electrical system, water heaters, ductwork, jetted bathtubs and garage door openers.

• Combo warranties: Combination appliance-systems plans cover instant hot water dispenser, garbage disposal, attic fan, ceiling fan, bathroom exhaust fan, kitchen fan or exhaust hood and doorbell.

• Additional coverage: Warranties are also available for your pool, spa, lawn sprinkler system, septic system, septic tank pumping, sump pump, water softener, well pump, whole house humidifier, wine refrigerator and more.

• Guarantee: If an Amazon Home Warranty local, licensed and insured technician can’t repair your damaged system or appliance, they will replace it or offer an alternative solution. Standard service call fee is $75.

• Best for: homeowners, realtors and contractors.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information