2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Compare brands
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.50/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Amazon Home Warranty has three different home warranty plans. You can also select add-ons for less common appliances and systems to round out your coverage. Payment is simple and completed on Amazon Home Warranty’s website. Amazon Home Warranty has no affiliation with Amazon.com.

BOTTOM LINE

Amazon Home Warranty offers a wide variety of coverage through its combo plan. While some coverage limits vary, it offers reasonable monthly rates and more than enough coverage for the average homeowner.

PROS

• Choose your own contractor
    • Reasonable monthly rates
    • Comprehensive combo plan

CONS

• Limited add-on options
    • Coverage caps on some items

Top Amazon Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

I have been a satisfied customer for over 2 years now. ... My 3-year-old freezer stopped functioning, but Amazon Home Warranty did exactly as they promised. Their tech came out the very next day and repaired the unit. I was very satisfied with the work provided.

Excellent service and great prices! When my fridge broke, I called them up right away and they immediately sprung into action... I would highly recommend and would do business with this company again. ... It is not easy nowadays to find a reputable home warranty service!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amazon Home Warranty plans

Amazon Home Warranty has been offering coverage to provide homeowners with protection from expensive household repairs for the last decade. It provides policies for customers nationwide and 24/7 customer service. Not sure what kind of coverage you need? Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy by offering three plans:

Appliance Plan
      The Essential Appliance Plan covers majors appliances you can't live without, including:
      • Dishwasher
      • Refrigerator and freezer
      • Washer and dryer
      • Oven and cooktop
      • Trash compactor
      • Microwave
      System Plan
      The System Plan covers the major mechanical systems in your home as well as plumbing and your home’s electrical wiring. Covered components include:
      • Central heating and air conditioning
      • Plumbing
      • Electrical systems
      • Ductwork
      • Water heater
      • Jetted tubs
      • Garage door openers
      Combo Plan
      The combo plan covers everything in the system and appliance plans plus a few bonus items. It covers:
      • Everything covered on the System and Appliance Plans
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Wine coolers
      • Ice makers
      Amazon Home Warranty coverage exclusions
      Like most companies in the home warranty industry, Amazon Home Warranty does not cover any preexisting conditions.

Other exclusions exist on a per-item basis. For example, while Amazon Home Warranty covers kitchen refrigerators, including freezer units, it doesn't cover parts like racks, shelves, glass, lighting, handles, doors, seals, hinges or anything else deemed nonessential to the refrigerator’s core function.

Amazon Home Warranty coverage limits

Amazon’s coverage limit is set at $1,500 per contract item unless otherwise specified. The list below highlights some of the different coverage limits.

ItemAmazon’s coverage limit
      Air conditioning system$2,500
      Ceiling and exhaust fans$500
      Electrical system$500
      Encased ductwork$500
      Plumbing system and stoppage$500
      Water heater$500
      Whirlpool bathtub$500

Optional add-on items offered by Amazon’s Home Warranty may also have different coverage limits.

Amazon Home Warranty cost

The average cost for Amazon Home Warranty is between $30 and $50 per month, which is in line with the industry average. The service call fee, which you pay for each repair, is $75, which is also within the average range for home warranties.

PlanAverage cost
      Essential Appliances Plan$349/year or $29/month
      Major Systems Plan$429/year or $36/month
      Combo Plan$579/year or $48/month

Amazon Home Warranty claims

To request service, you need to submit a claim to Amazon Home Warranty. Claims are simple to submit, and you can file one 24/7.

How to request service from Amazon Home Warranty

1. File a claim and request service by calling Amazon’s 24/7 toll-free number.
      2. Amazon contacts a service contractor within two business days.
      3. The service contractor contacts you to schedule a repair visit.
      4. Pay the service call fee.
      5. Your contractor performs the repair.

Amazon guarantees repairs for 90 days on parts and 30 days on labor. If the work performed fails during this time, you do not have to pay an additional fee to get the item fixed again.

Amazon chooses your service provider from its list of approved repair companies. If you want to use your own contractor, you need preapproval. Amazon Home Warranty will need to see proof of repair before reimbursing you.

Amazon Home Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider?
      Amazon Home Warranty typically chooses a service provider for your repair from its list of approved contractors. To use an outside contractor, you need to call Amazon Home Warranty for preauthorization before beginning the repair.
      Is there a cancellation fee for Amazon Home Warranty?
      Yes. A $30 cancellation fee may apply if you cancel your contract.
      Does Amazon Home Warranty require a home inspection?
      No, you can sign up for an Amazon Home Warranty plan without a home inspection.
      Can I get a full refund when I cancel my plan with Amazon Home Warranty?
      Amazon Home Warranty has a 30-day grace period after sign-up. During this period, you can cancel your plan and receive a full refund.
      How long is Amazon Home Warranty’s service work guarantee?
      Amazon Home Warranty’s plans have a 30-day service work guarantee, meaning if a technician repairs an appliance and it breaks down within 30 days, there is no second service fee.
      What is Amazon Home Warranty’s service fee for home warranties?
      The standard service fee is $75.
      Is Amazon Home Warranty owned by Amazon.com?
      No. Amazon Home Warranty is not affiliated in any way with Amazon.com.

Is Amazon Home Warranty worth it?

If you are looking for a simple, straightforward choice for a home warranty, Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy to decide on a plan. Its Combo Plan offers comprehensive coverage that’s on par with top home warranty providers. It provides reasonable monthly rates in line with the industry average and some flexibility in service providers. Amazon Home Warranty provides value for the cost, making it a good option for homeowners looking for home protection plans.

Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: April 4, 2020

Our garbage disposal stopped working and we called in to see if it could be fixed. Amazons was fast and very professional. They got hold on one of their vendors who came out and replaced it. Then they called afterwards to make sure everything was done and we were happy. I will recommend them to my friends and family that are looking for a great homeowner's plan.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Appliances. My experience was the best. The representative was very informative, answering all my questions and her attitude was great. She was truly the best I've talked so far. I had heard about company from a friend and the company prompted got back in touch with me. The price was perfect for my situation right now and it's good to know my home and its contents will be covered. Thanks to all involved.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I had some issue with my central air conditioning system a few weeks before. I called them to sort out the issue via phone. The guy who picked up the call was very polite and was ready to answer my request at no time. They responded to my claim quickly and sent a service person the next day itself. They had a thorough understanding of the working of my system and fixed the problem within half an hour. I was very pleased with the service and would recommend them for all.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I'm a new customer with Amazon Home Warranty and I have not yet submitted a claim. I purchased a multi-year policy that appeared to be a much better value than other home warranty companies were offering. Only time will tell and you can believe I will report back if that does not turn out to be the case. I called customer service to get a copy of my contract. The original salesperson promised to send me within 45 minutes. It arrived on time.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

The moment when I called them for the initial claim, they started treating me with the utmost respect. Booking the claim was very simple and their service was prompt and efficient. They provided a great service at a great price. I can't stop thanking them for the timely service. I have already recommended Amazon home Warranty to my friends and neighbors. Keep on doing your good work..

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Section 8 in their warranty allows them to disregard every section of the warranty and do nothing. My dishwasher broke, I paid the inspection fee and Amazon said the repair was too expensive and they would not cover a new unit either and per the contract they are not required to cover anything even though it's explicitly covered in an earlier section. This is a cheat company and now I know why the BBB revoked their accreditation. They offered me $200 cash to go away. Wouldn't even tell me how they got that number. Per Amazon "Take it or leave it. You don't have to take it but we won't do anything more". I would've preferred the guy just curse me out and hang up me. That's how bad this service is. No recourse of action either because their mediation allows me to get a second opinion (at my cost) but they do not have to honor it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have had home warranty for the past several years and I recently switched to Amazon Home Warranty. I signed up for the service on 12/01/2020 and after the 30 day waiting period, the service date started on 01/01/2021. We had a plumbing issue on 01/03/2021 and they denied the service. They started to make excuses why they won't provide service. I never had this issue with my previous warranty company (AHS). The only reason I switched was because of the price increase every year. I'm thinking to go back. Why would I pay to a service that doesn't exist.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I contacted Amazon Home Warranty (AHW) because my furnace stopped working. They sent out Houston Air Comfort the same day. The tech said my furnace was 20 years old and hadn't been maintained. He then advised me his manager would be contacting me about my options. I asked him what options. I was told either AHW would repair my furnace or replace it if it couldn't be repaired. The tech told me no. AHW would only give me a $2000 credit toward a new furnace. He left and I immediately called AHW. The representative checked and the tech had not put any information into AHW's system. She was letting her manager know and requested to have her manager call me. Now my doorbell is ringing and George ** General Manager for Houston Air Comforts was at my door. After sitting down he gave me several brochures on a new furnace with a 10 year warranty.

For only $9850 minus the $2000 credit from AHW he could put in a brand new furnace. I said absolutely not. I contacted AHW again this time requesting a supv. The supv said he would look into things and call back within 24 to 48 hours. I still don't have heat. I contacted another licensed heating contractor for a second opinion. He said my unit could be repaired, it had been maintained and he took pictures. I once again contacted AHW. They spoke with the licensed contractor for then told me they were standing on denying my claim because my furnace wasn't maintained. I asked them again to please look at the pictures my contractor had. AHW refused. I paid $831 plus $75 to Houston Air Comfort totaling $906 for my furnace to be repaired. Houston Air Comfort never intended on repairing my furnace only selling me A NEW FURNACE.

The next day I received a call from Stacy at AHW. I explained everything to her. She apologized and as an offer of goodwill she was prepared to give me $200. I said no. I explained after paying Houston Air Comfort $75 I would only be getting $125 for the repair. She finally offered me $400 which according to her she wasn't supposed to do. She then said getting $400 would be better than getting nothing. I finally accepted. I called in and cancelled my warranty. STAY AWAY FROM AMAZON HOME WARRANTY. THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I have made several claims with this company and they have avoided paying for them. The latest was a claim of a leaking pipe on December 23. I was told they would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. I told them the pipe is leaking all over the floor and was told that is all they can do. The next day they gave me the name of a plumber but he said he could not come until the 30th. I called back and was told I could get someone who could come out sooner but he would have to submit an order and wait 24 hours for approval.

I was able to slow the leak down so I could catch the water in a bucket and got my own plumber. I was not going to wait another 24 hours emptying buckets and hoping the leak didn't get worse. If I turned off this pipe there would be no water in the house. I would not recommend this company unless you are into getting aggravated and paying for repairs yourself. This is the second time I had a pipe leak that they could not fix for two days.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I have now had 2 unacceptable experiences with warranties. On both occasions, Amazon have sent me people from sub standard businesses that do not submit their findings on time or did not contact me in one instance. My first claim was turned down as I was told that the report mentioned that my washing machine had rust. This was after the first repair company had submitted their report stating that the repair would cost Amazon $445.82. I was told by customer service that they had not received any feedback and so I insisted that another provider be sent out and this subsequently ended in my claim being denied because the technician said that he had found rust.

I had another claim on my dryer recently and again the service has been bad. Every time I call Amazon, I am told that I have to wait 24-48 hours for a call back. I had enough of the messing around and called to cancel my contract after 6 months because of the terrible service. I checked my credit card this morning and found that I had been build for an additional 6 months of the outstanding contract. I immediately contacted Amazon and left a message with a representative that under no circumstances would I pay them and would dispute their charge. Having worked with a few warranty businesses over the past 16 years, I will say with confidence that Amazon Home Warranty is the worst of the bunch. Do not consider them if you are looking for this service as they are below par and I would give a rating of about 1 out of 5.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information