Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
3.56/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Amazon Home Warranty

With over 50 years of combined industry experience, the professionals at Amazon Home Warranty provide three plan options to fit your needs. Whether you are looking for a plan to cover essential appliances, major systems, or a combination of both, we have a plan to fit. Our network of over 10,000 certified technicians are licensed and insured to service claims. Contact us today to start saving on costly out-of-pocket repairs.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I’ve read a lot of reviews for Amazon Home Warranty and had mixed feelings at first about signing up. I decided to call and had a good experience with the rep I spoke with, he gave me a good package quote so I decided to join. So far they fixed my toilet, they had a plumber come out next day. I have also had good experience when my refrigerator needed a motor. Amazon Home Warranty got that fixed within 2 days. Recently, my AC was not cooling which I saw was a common thing in the reviews. Amazon treated it as an emergency claim and fixed it first thing the next day. The tech was in and out. In the end they did save me decent amount of money and hassle. I have nothing bad to say and AHW, nothing but positive experience. 5 stars across the board.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought a home last year and negotiated a 1 year home warranty as part of the deal. The seller picked the warranty and we had a horrible experience with them (AHS) when our AC blower unit died in the middle of summer. As it's time to renew, I shopped around for a more reputable company and found Amazon Home Warranty - so glad I did. Prompt follow up to my inquiry and Eric was both helpful (I had a lot of questions) and friendly during the call. He shopped for discounts proactively and even delayed the start date of my new coverage with AHW to align with the end of my current policy. So far, their customer service is awesome... Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Amazon was very responsive in my search for a better home warranty company. I have not had luck with previous companies so I was looking for a fresh start with a better and hopefully more reliable one. I hope this is the right choice. They got back to me quickly and gave very detailed information on the benefits and comprehensive coverage. I was also give a great opportunity for long term coverage and hopefully this will be the start of a lasting relationship. Although I was not given details on how to file the initial claim I was told the process runs smoothly and can be handled in 7-12 hours after the claim in initiated, if this is accurate this will be a substantial improvement over the last company who had dismal results.

Again I should emphasize this is only a review of the initial process. I will update as I have to, or hopefully don’t have to, go through the claims process. It was just a pleasure to be given a good opportunity to do business with a company that seems to value having customer loyalty and helping them through the process when problems do arrise. Having a home can be stressful enough without having to worry about problems down the road. It is peace of mind if nothing else.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spent several frustrating days researching and evaluating Home Warranty Providers, learning that most providers could be rated anywhere from Outstanding to Poor depending on which agency had published the ratings. I spend countless hours trying to narrow my search to two or three top contenders, while trying to determine which rating service I should believe? Then in some obscure place, I saw a reference to Amazon Home Warranty, which was a total shock as I hadn't seen a single reference to an offering through Amazon during hours of research. Just the name prompted me to dig deeper and I was surprised, yet elated, to find the A+ BBB Rating. Further, all customer reviews I found were extremely positive, so much so that I was concerned that customers had been offered some form of incentive to write the reviews.

The one drawback was I couldn't find it stated anywhere that you provided service in Texas where I live. I called to find out whether you provide service here and also to learn more about your offerings, cost and contract terms. Jesse ** handled my call and I was so impressed by his professionalism, knowledge of your offerings, customer-focused approach as well as your pricing that I purchased a warranty before we even hung up.

I needed to call Jesse back a few days later but he did not answer the call. Since I was going to be unavailable for a few hours, I didn't leave a message, thinking I would call back upon returning home. Within literally 2-3 minutes, my phone rang and when I answered it, Jesse was on the other end and said "Hello Mr. **, how can I help you"? Holy Smoke, I almost had a Heart Attack. What kind of customer service is that? Not only calling me back without me even leaving a message, but also knowing who he was calling just a few days after I purchased our warranty...both things that were far beyond my expectations.

All I can say is you folks handle customer service like I was accustomed to seeing many, many years ago. That kind of service seems to have disappeared in today's business environment so I really commend you for how you approach business and the customer. Keep up the great work! While I thought Jesse's handling of my call was unique to him, as I read more reviews, apparently all your sales agents provide this same level of service and care. I'm quite impressed and hope to see the same kind of service and response if and when I file my first claim. Thanks to Amazon Home Warranty for ending a frustrating research project, resulting in a very favorable outcome.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

After researching home warranty plans, I chose Amazon because of their excellent ratings and 5-star reviews. I just placed my order so I haven't had to use it yet, but if the service they provide is even close to the caliber of their customer service, I will be thrilled! Rick ** was a tremendous help -- both times I called him -- and was polite, courteous, and personable. He could teach a course in customer service! My previous home warranty company (whose name shall not be mentioned but whose ratings are 1 out of 5 stars) was a nightmare to work with. At least I didn't pay for it; it was provided by the seller when I bought the house. I can't wait to wash my hands of them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I was very disappointed in overall customer service and execution of my warranty - I was called this year and sold on what I was told was excellent customer service to pull me away from AMERICAN HOME SHIELD (which I know has rude support) so I decided to move after 17 years. Being promised all my equipment ac/heating (as I explained they were original to the home) would be covered.

After 2 months with AMAZON I went to turn on my heat and nothing happened. Repairman comes out and condemns the unit- saying that it wasn't coming on because the unit was spewing carbon monoxide- the unit turned on heat/ac back in August without issue- so he checked the other unit because he was there- bad system board on the heater. AMAZON says there is no way these units worked in August - claim denied. So what is the use. HATE BAIT AND SWITCH. THEY SUCK- TOOK 10 days to even call me back I called twice and emailed twice. I asked for the denial in writing - still waiting. I will be switching or just cancelling home warranty - this past few years it's been a loss across the board.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I had the pleasure with talking to customer representative Sunny about becoming a new customer with AHW. She explained everything to me well and was very patient as I asked questions. After going over everything with Sunny I’m pleased to say I’m a new customer. Thank you Sunny and AHW.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

He was very clear in explaining the policy I picked and did not pressure me into buying other options. He was very helpful and took his time with me. That's why I purchased the warranty with Amazon Home Warranty.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I spoke to Cynthia from Amazon Home Warranty who was very informative on what was offered. She did not attempt to downgrade the other home warranty companies but focus on what her company can offer. Very professional.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Signed up for Amazon Home warranty based on reviews and had what I thought was a great salesperson. He "guaranteed" me my furnaces and air conditioners would be covered. Well, three months after moving in our furnace stops working, and I call Amazon who sends out a repair guy. Repair Guy says we have a cracked heat exchanger and basically need a new furnace. Not good news, but hey, we have that home warranty! The next day I get a call from Amazon - it TURNS OUT in the small print it says it doesn't cover replacing a furnace for a cracked heat exchanger, basically about the only thing that causes a furnace to need replacing. What a crock.

You can get better policies and we WILL be switching. Three pieces of advice: one, don't trust Amazon's salespeople because they lie to get the sale. Two, read the fine print. I know, I know, I shouldn't have just blindly trusted what the sales guy said, but I did. Three, why get this policy when others cover replacement, and for the same cost. Just go with someone else! For us this was company is unethical and complete bait and switch.

Amazon Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Warranty plans provide coverage for malfunctions and breakdowns from ordinary use on home systems and appliances. Warranty plans may cover systems and appliances or a combination.

• Appliance warranties: Plans to cover your dishwasher, refrigerator, standalone freezer, trash compactor, oven, stove, clothes washer, clothes dryer and microwave.

• Systems warranties: Coverage available for central AC and central heating systems, plumbing (including stoppages), electrical system, water heaters, ductwork, jetted bathtubs and garage door openers.

• Combo warranties: Combination appliance-systems plans cover instant hot water dispenser, garbage disposal, attic fan, ceiling fan, bathroom exhaust fan, kitchen fan or exhaust hood and doorbell.

• Additional coverage: Warranties are also available for your pool, spa, lawn sprinkler system, septic system, septic tank pumping, sump pump, water softener, well pump, whole house humidifier, wine refrigerator and more.

• Guarantee: If an Amazon Home Warranty local, licensed and insured technician can’t repair your damaged system or appliance, they will replace it or offer an alternative solution. Standard service call fee is $75.

• Best for: homeowners, realtors and contractors.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information