Protect What Matters Most

2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.25/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Amazon Home Warranty has three different home warranty plans. You can also select add-ons for less common appliances and systems to round out your coverage. Payment is simple and completed on Amazon Home Warranty’s website. Amazon Home Warranty has no affiliation with Amazon.com.

BOTTOM LINE

Amazon Home Warranty offers a wide variety of coverage through its combo plan. While some coverage limits vary, it offers reasonable monthly rates and more than enough coverage for the average homeowner.

PROS

• Choose your own contractor
    • Reasonable monthly rates
    • Comprehensive combo plan

CONS

• Limited add-on options
    • Coverage caps on some items

Top Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

I have been a satisfied customer for over 2 years now. ... My 3-year-old freezer stopped functioning, but Amazon Home Warranty did exactly as they promised. Their tech came out the very next day and repaired the unit. I was very satisfied with the work provided.

Excellent service and great prices! When my fridge broke, I called them up right away and they immediately sprung into action... I would highly recommend and would do business with this company again. ... It is not easy nowadays to find a reputable home warranty service!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amazon Home Warranty plans

Amazon Home Warranty has been offering coverage to provide homeowners with protection from expensive household repairs for the last decade. It provides policies for customers nationwide and 24/7 customer service. Not sure what kind of coverage you need? Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy by offering three plans:

Appliance Plan
      The Essential Appliance Plan covers majors appliances you can't live without, including:
      • Dishwasher
      • Refrigerator and freezer
      • Washer and dryer
      • Oven and cooktop
      • Trash compactor
      • Microwave
      System Plan
      The System Plan covers the major mechanical systems in your home as well as plumbing and your home’s electrical wiring. Covered components include:
      • Central heating and air conditioning
      • Plumbing
      • Electrical systems
      • Ductwork
      • Water heater
      • Jetted tubs
      • Garage door openers
      Combo Plan
      The combo plan covers everything in the system and appliance plans plus a few bonus items. It covers:
      • Everything covered on the System and Appliance Plans
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Wine coolers
      • Ice makers
      Amazon Home Warranty coverage exclusions
      Like most companies in the home warranty industry, Amazon Home Warranty does not cover any preexisting conditions.

Other exclusions exist on a per-item basis. For example, while Amazon Home Warranty covers kitchen refrigerators, including freezer units, it doesn't cover parts like racks, shelves, glass, lighting, handles, doors, seals, hinges or anything else deemed nonessential to the refrigerator’s core function.

Amazon Home Warranty coverage limits

Amazon’s coverage limit is set at $1,500 per contract item unless otherwise specified. The list below highlights some of the different coverage limits.

ItemAmazon’s coverage limit
      Air conditioning system$2,500
      Ceiling and exhaust fans$500
      Electrical system$500
      Encased ductwork$500
      Plumbing system and stoppage$500
      Water heater$500
      Whirlpool bathtub$500

Optional add-on items offered by Amazon’s Home Warranty may also have different coverage limits.

Amazon Home Warranty cost

The average cost for Amazon Home Warranty is between $30 and $50 per month, which is in line with the industry average. The service call fee, which you pay for each repair, is $75, which is also within the average range for home warranties.

PlanAverage cost
      Essential Appliances Plan$349/year or $29/month
      Major Systems Plan$429/year or $36/month
      Combo Plan$579/year or $48/month

Amazon Home Warranty claims

To request service, you need to submit a claim to Amazon Home Warranty. Claims are simple to submit, and you can file one 24/7.

How to request service from Amazon Home Warranty

1. File a claim and request service by calling Amazon’s 24/7 toll-free number.
      2. Amazon contacts a service contractor within two business days.
      3. The service contractor contacts you to schedule a repair visit.
      4. Pay the service call fee.
      5. Your contractor performs the repair.

Amazon guarantees repairs for 90 days on parts and 30 days on labor. If the work performed fails during this time, you do not have to pay an additional fee to get the item fixed again.

Amazon chooses your service provider from its list of approved repair companies. If you want to use your own contractor, you need preapproval. Amazon Home Warranty will need to see proof of repair before reimbursing you.

Amazon Home Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider?
      Amazon Home Warranty typically chooses a service provider for your repair from its list of approved contractors. To use an outside contractor, you need to call Amazon Home Warranty for preauthorization before beginning the repair.
      Is there a cancellation fee for Amazon Home Warranty?
      Yes. A $30 cancellation fee may apply if you cancel your contract.
      Does Amazon Home Warranty require a home inspection?
      No, you can sign up for an Amazon Home Warranty plan without a home inspection.
      Can I get a full refund when I cancel my plan with Amazon Home Warranty?
      Amazon Home Warranty has a 30-day grace period after sign-up. During this period, you can cancel your plan and receive a full refund.
      How long is Amazon Home Warranty’s service work guarantee?
      Amazon Home Warranty’s plans have a 30-day service work guarantee, meaning if a technician repairs an appliance and it breaks down within 30 days, there is no second service fee.
      What is Amazon Home Warranty’s service fee for home warranties?
      The standard service fee is $75.
      Is Amazon Home Warranty owned by Amazon.com?
      No. Amazon Home Warranty is not affiliated in any way with Amazon.com.

Is Amazon Home Warranty worth it?

If you are looking for a simple, straightforward choice for a home warranty, Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy to decide on a plan. Its Combo Plan offers comprehensive coverage that’s on par with top home warranty providers. It provides reasonable monthly rates in line with the industry average and some flexibility in service providers. Amazon Home Warranty provides value for the cost, making it a good option for homeowners looking for home protection plans.

Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2020

I had some issue with my central air conditioning system a few weeks before. I called them to sort out the issue via phone. The guy who picked up the call was very polite and was ready to answer my request at no time. They responded to my claim quickly and sent a service person the next day itself. They had a thorough understanding of the working of my system and fixed the problem within half an hour. I was very pleased with the service and would recommend them for all.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Our heat stopped working, and the contractor sent by AHW identified the problem as the furnace fan motor having failed and got a replacement part delivered and installed in less than a week. While installing, he found that dirt and seal leaks of the fan would weaken the motor, and he cleaned and resealed at a reduced charge, since we were AHW customers (these items not covered by AHW). Better service than we have had in the past by the company that originally installed our furnace.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I recently submitted a claim for my stopped up sink drain. Within 2 hours I received an email with the name of the plumber and a date for the sink to be repaired. Two days later my sink was fixed. I’m a realtor and I’ve been dealing/working with home warranty companies for years. Most of them feed you lies and don’t cover anything once you put in a claim.. This company is the most legit I’ve seen so far, they are covering my claims. Amazon Home Warranty not only uses reliable and expert companies but they facilitate their claims in an efficient and rapid manner. I would recommend this company without hesitation.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I’ve read a lot of reviews for Amazon Home Warranty and had mixed feelings at first about signing up. I decided to call and had a good experience with the rep I spoke with, he gave me a good package quote so I decided to join. So far they fixed my toilet, they had a plumber come out next day. I have also had good experience when my refrigerator needed a motor. Amazon Home Warranty got that fixed within 2 days. Recently, my AC was not cooling which I saw was a common thing in the reviews. Amazon treated it as an emergency claim and fixed it first thing the next day. The tech was in and out. In the end they did save me decent amount of money and hassle. I have nothing bad to say and AHW, nothing but positive experience. 5 stars across the board.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I’ve only had my policy with Amazon Home Warranty for a few months and wow, am I glad I do! Both fridge and dishwasher decided that they were going to act up and stop working.. within a few weeks of each other. But luckily I made a smart decision by joining AHW. I did my homework before and I’m certain that I went with the right warranty company. One of my favorite things when it comes to verbally dealing with AHW is that I get to talk to the same rep every time, which causes less headache and confusion for me. Every time I call, my personal rep answers the phone and knows exactly who I am.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: April 4, 2020

Our garbage disposal stopped working and we called in to see if it could be fixed. Amazons was fast and very professional. They got hold on one of their vendors who came out and replaced it. Then they called afterwards to make sure everything was done and we were happy. I will recommend them to my friends and family that are looking for a great homeowner's plan.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Reliable and professional representatives. They were polite and quick to send out a technician who was able to repair my ac. It all took 2 days. I have already recommended my sister-in-law of Amazon Home Warranty.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Appliances. My experience was the best. The representative was very informative, answering all my questions and her attitude was great. She was truly the best I've talked so far. I had heard about company from a friend and the company prompted got back in touch with me. The price was perfect for my situation right now and it's good to know my home and its contents will be covered. Thanks to all involved.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I have been using a home warranty company previously and I'm not satisfied with their service. Finally, a friend of mine referred to Amazon Home Warranty last year and was very much pleased with their service. I filed 3 claims and all were resolved on time. They were always available. I appreciate the promptness of their customer service. Thank you for providing me a wonderful service.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I wish there was option for zero star. I don't know why I fell for this warranty company, I guess I was convinced by some of fake positive reviews. I was with this company for almost a year. Never had to use them until two days ago. I started having problems with my air conditioner so called Amazon to open a new claim and then my nightmare started. Technician came and did some work then asked me to pay him $75 my copay for visit which I did pay him. He left after telling me service has to be authorized by amazon home warranty and that they would contact me. They never did.

I had to call several time and every time some rudest bit.. Tia answered the phone put me on hold for almost an hour than disconnected the line she did it not once, not twice but three times. Then after insisting that I need to talk to to a supervisor, she connected me to some joker called Mark who started talking like the was auditioning for some tv show. Long story short after two days they told me they won't pay for the service. Guys trust me. Don't fall for sweet tone of the first guy who would sell you warranty. It is when you run into some problems and call claim and service department to get a service approved, that you see their real face. My opinion they are not worth it. Only service they would pay is the amount that would be covered by your service fee of $75. They don't wanna pay for nothing. Well silver lining is that all happened right before my renewal. Obviously won't be renewing my contract with them.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information