2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.12/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Amazon Home Warranty has three different home warranty plans. You can also select add-ons for less common appliances and systems to round out your coverage. Payment is simple and completed on Amazon Home Warranty’s website. Amazon Home Warranty has no affiliation with Amazon.com.

BOTTOM LINE

Amazon Home Warranty offers a wide variety of coverage through its combo plan. While some coverage limits vary, it offers reasonable monthly rates and more than enough coverage for the average homeowner.

PROS

• Choose your own contractor
    • Reasonable monthly rates
    • Comprehensive combo plan

CONS

• Limited add-on options
    • Coverage caps on some items

Top Amazon Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

I have been a satisfied customer for over 2 years now. ... My 3-year-old freezer stopped functioning, but Amazon Home Warranty did exactly as they promised. Their tech came out the very next day and repaired the unit. I was very satisfied with the work provided.

Excellent service and great prices! When my fridge broke, I called them up right away and they immediately sprung into action... I would highly recommend and would do business with this company again. ... It is not easy nowadays to find a reputable home warranty service!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amazon Home Warranty plans

Amazon Home Warranty has been offering coverage to provide homeowners with protection from expensive household repairs for the last decade. It provides policies for customers nationwide and 24/7 customer service. Not sure what kind of coverage you need? Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy by offering three plans:

Appliance Plan
      The Essential Appliance Plan covers majors appliances you can't live without, including:
      • Dishwasher
      • Refrigerator and freezer
      • Washer and dryer
      • Oven and cooktop
      • Trash compactor
      • Microwave
      System Plan
      The System Plan covers the major mechanical systems in your home as well as plumbing and your home’s electrical wiring. Covered components include:
      • Central heating and air conditioning
      • Plumbing
      • Electrical systems
      • Ductwork
      • Water heater
      • Jetted tubs
      • Garage door openers
      Combo Plan
      The combo plan covers everything in the system and appliance plans plus a few bonus items. It covers:
      • Everything covered on the System and Appliance Plans
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Wine coolers
      • Ice makers
      Amazon Home Warranty coverage exclusions
      Like most companies in the home warranty industry, Amazon Home Warranty does not cover any preexisting conditions.

Other exclusions exist on a per-item basis. For example, while Amazon Home Warranty covers kitchen refrigerators, including freezer units, it doesn't cover parts like racks, shelves, glass, lighting, handles, doors, seals, hinges or anything else deemed nonessential to the refrigerator’s core function.

Amazon Home Warranty coverage limits

Amazon’s coverage limit is set at $1,500 per contract item unless otherwise specified. The list below highlights some of the different coverage limits.

ItemAmazon’s coverage limit
      Air conditioning system$2,500
      Ceiling and exhaust fans$500
      Electrical system$500
      Encased ductwork$500
      Plumbing system and stoppage$500
      Water heater$500
      Whirlpool bathtub$500

Optional add-on items offered by Amazon’s Home Warranty may also have different coverage limits.

Amazon Home Warranty cost

The average cost for Amazon Home Warranty is between $30 and $50 per month, which is in line with the industry average. The service call fee, which you pay for each repair, is $75, which is also within the average range for home warranties.

PlanAverage cost
      Essential Appliances Plan$349/year or $29/month
      Major Systems Plan$429/year or $36/month
      Combo Plan$579/year or $48/month

Amazon Home Warranty claims

To request service, you need to submit a claim to Amazon Home Warranty. Claims are simple to submit, and you can file one 24/7.

How to request service from Amazon Home Warranty

1. File a claim and request service by calling Amazon’s 24/7 toll-free number.
      2. Amazon contacts a service contractor within two business days.
      3. The service contractor contacts you to schedule a repair visit.
      4. Pay the service call fee.
      5. Your contractor performs the repair.

Amazon guarantees repairs for 90 days on parts and 30 days on labor. If the work performed fails during this time, you do not have to pay an additional fee to get the item fixed again.

Amazon chooses your service provider from its list of approved repair companies. If you want to use your own contractor, you need preapproval. Amazon Home Warranty will need to see proof of repair before reimbursing you.

Amazon Home Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider?
      Amazon Home Warranty typically chooses a service provider for your repair from its list of approved contractors. To use an outside contractor, you need to call Amazon Home Warranty for preauthorization before beginning the repair.
      Is there a cancellation fee for Amazon Home Warranty?
      Yes. A $30 cancellation fee may apply if you cancel your contract.
      Does Amazon Home Warranty require a home inspection?
      No, you can sign up for an Amazon Home Warranty plan without a home inspection.
      Can I get a full refund when I cancel my plan with Amazon Home Warranty?
      Amazon Home Warranty has a 30-day grace period after sign-up. During this period, you can cancel your plan and receive a full refund.
      How long is Amazon Home Warranty’s service work guarantee?
      Amazon Home Warranty’s plans have a 30-day service work guarantee, meaning if a technician repairs an appliance and it breaks down within 30 days, there is no second service fee.
      What is Amazon Home Warranty’s service fee for home warranties?
      The standard service fee is $75.
      Is Amazon Home Warranty owned by Amazon.com?
      No. Amazon Home Warranty is not affiliated in any way with Amazon.com.

Is Amazon Home Warranty worth it?

If you are looking for a simple, straightforward choice for a home warranty, Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy to decide on a plan. Its Combo Plan offers comprehensive coverage that’s on par with top home warranty providers. It provides reasonable monthly rates in line with the industry average and some flexibility in service providers. Amazon Home Warranty provides value for the cost, making it a good option for homeowners looking for home protection plans.

Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: March 29, 2020

Appliances. My experience was the best. The representative was very informative, answering all my questions and her attitude was great. She was truly the best I've talked so far. I had heard about company from a friend and the company prompted got back in touch with me. The price was perfect for my situation right now and it's good to know my home and its contents will be covered. Thanks to all involved.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I had some issue with my central air conditioning system a few weeks before. I called them to sort out the issue via phone. The guy who picked up the call was very polite and was ready to answer my request at no time. They responded to my claim quickly and sent a service person the next day itself. They had a thorough understanding of the working of my system and fixed the problem within half an hour. I was very pleased with the service and would recommend them for all.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I'm a new customer with Amazon Home Warranty and I have not yet submitted a claim. I purchased a multi-year policy that appeared to be a much better value than other home warranty companies were offering. Only time will tell and you can believe I will report back if that does not turn out to be the case. I called customer service to get a copy of my contract. The original salesperson promised to send me within 45 minutes. It arrived on time.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Our heat stopped working, and the contractor sent by AHW identified the problem as the furnace fan motor having failed and got a replacement part delivered and installed in less than a week. While installing, he found that dirt and seal leaks of the fan would weaken the motor, and he cleaned and resealed at a reduced charge, since we were AHW customers (these items not covered by AHW). Better service than we have had in the past by the company that originally installed our furnace.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I recently submitted a claim for my stopped up sink drain. Within 2 hours I received an email with the name of the plumber and a date for the sink to be repaired. Two days later my sink was fixed. I’m a realtor and I’ve been dealing/working with home warranty companies for years. Most of them feed you lies and don’t cover anything once you put in a claim.. This company is the most legit I’ve seen so far, they are covering my claims. Amazon Home Warranty not only uses reliable and expert companies but they facilitate their claims in an efficient and rapid manner. I would recommend this company without hesitation.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I wish I could give them no stars--this company will take your money but not actually cover anything. They seem to be good at finding just the right wording in your claim to be able to deny the claim. As a disable veteran I would encourage anyone associated with the military to avoid this so called home warranty company. Additionally, in order to not have to pay any kind of claim, they make stuff up. They lie. And then they act like your the bad guy.

The supervisor of the service tech they sent out even tried to reason with them and they hung up on her. This same supervisor sent me a copy of what they sent to Amazon Home Warranty and it was entirely different form the load of crap Amazon was trying to feed me. I even filed a BBB complaint and their response was to patronize me by "thanking" me for my military service and offering me a free service call. No thank you. Keep your free service call and save the feigned gratitude for someone else. I will not be renewing.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I tried for one month to get service on my air conditioner unit. A schedule was set up and the service contractor never showed up and would not answer the phone nor return a phone call. I tried calling the Amazon Home Warranty Service 2-3 days per week but could not get anyone so I went through the Amazon customer service. After finally speaking with Amazon Home Warranty and explaining that I was having trouble getting a return call from the service company and that my thermostat had been going up to 85 and sticking for almost 30 days, I was told that I could get someone to repair my unit and submit the bill for reimbursement.

After the serviceman had ordered the unit Amazon asked him to call them. They then notified me that my repair was not covered because the wire had burned into and that they did not cover wiring. I explained that I had been trying to get it repaired for 30 days and the constant strain had probably caused the wire to burn into. I had my unit serviced in February when we had storm damage and there was no wiring damage detected. My heater had worked fine. There was no sign of burned wiring going to the unit nor inside of my house. I feel like this was just a way not to honor the contract. I would not recommend Amazon Home Warranty to anyone. I was without air for 30 days in July. I felt like I had done everything that I could to get the unit repaired. Find another company that will get a repair person in a timely manner. I am most highly upset.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I have now canceled my home warranty...I have had 2 negative experiences. I had the plan that did not include appliances...I had a sewer issue that was right outside of my wall which they would not cover, and sent someone out who told me it was a 800 dollar job, and that everything needed to be dug up...that was not true. I opened a second ticket for air not cooling all my rooms. They sent Royal Air Houston out and they told me my unit was mismatched, old and dirty and I needed a new unit. Royal Air came out and gave me an estimate saying the system that they were selling me was an 11k system that being an Amazon member would give me a 2k discount, and the unit came with a 1k discount..these prices are inflated. When I called Amazon they were unconcerned that they used their name.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

After having a warranty with 2 other companies over 14 years I kind of understand how they work and what they do. This company is a JOKE!! 6 months in and I have an issue with my upstairs AC unit not coming on. So I place a claim on line and 12 days and a dozen calls or so later I’m told to find my own repair guy as they can’t see my or find one! I live in a small town and kinda get this (not the time frame!!) and that they will reimburse. So I make a call and that evening it’s fixed for 175.00. I call to get the claim and I’m told that the switch And fan isn’t covered and they will not reimburse me.

I call 2 months later for a freezing up issue. After 10 days I get a call they won’t send a tech because they were told that the only way it freezes is a maintenance issue not theirs. I had it fixed before I heard from them. It wasn’t a maintenance issue. It was a fan issue not pulling air through. Was told that I wasted their time because I failed to inform them that I had it fixed already! And that they will not accept any responsibility for this. And this 1000 repair was on me!!! Asked to speak to the review Dept was told they would contact me within the next 30 days!! Find someone else!! Save the headache!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

This company assured me that they had numerous contractors in my area to do repairs/replacement of each covered need/item. In fact, they have none/zero, yet they refuse to refund my money thus far paid. Every time I call them, I am put on hold for extensive periods of time, then the line goes dead. Upon requesting the OWMER, CEO, OR PRESIDENT of this scam company call me, or that I be transferred to them, I am told that person(s) never talk with a customer. As of this date, the covered repair is NOT yet fixed, and at 12:09 p.m. September 15, 2020, I was notified they will not service the Lansing Michigan region, and that they will not refund my money for their lies to me. Save yourselves and your money, WWW.AMAZONHOMEWARRANTY.COM 1-888-934-0001 is a scam.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information