Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
4.39/5

Amazon Home Warranty

With over 50 years of combined industry experience, the professionals at Amazon Home Warranty provide three plan options to fit your needs. Whether you are looking for a plan to cover essential appliances, major systems, or a combination of both, we have a plan to fit. Our network of over 10,000 certified technicians are licensed and insured to service claims. Contact us today to start saving on costly out-of-pocket repairs.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

48 Amazon Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought a home last year and negotiated a 1 year home warranty as part of the deal. The seller picked the warranty and we had a horrible experience with them (AHS) when our AC blower unit died in the middle of summer. As it's time to renew, I shopped around for a more reputable company and found Amazon Home Warranty - so glad I did. Prompt follow up to my inquiry and Eric was both helpful (I had a lot of questions) and friendly during the call. He shopped for discounts proactively and even delayed the start date of my new coverage with AHW to align with the end of my current policy. So far, their customer service is awesome... Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Amazon was very responsive in my search for a better home warranty company. I have not had luck with previous companies so I was looking for a fresh start with a better and hopefully more reliable one. I hope this is the right choice. They got back to me quickly and gave very detailed information on the benefits and comprehensive coverage. I was also give a great opportunity for long term coverage and hopefully this will be the start of a lasting relationship. Although I was not given details on how to file the initial claim I was told the process runs smoothly and can be handled in 7-12 hours after the claim in initiated, if this is accurate this will be a substantial improvement over the last company who had dismal results.

Again I should emphasize this is only a review of the initial process. I will update as I have to, or hopefully don’t have to, go through the claims process. It was just a pleasure to be given a good opportunity to do business with a company that seems to value having customer loyalty and helping them through the process when problems do arrise. Having a home can be stressful enough without having to worry about problems down the road. It is peace of mind if nothing else.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

After signing up with Amazon in January, my tenants called me on Superbowl Sunday saying the heat was out in the rental property. I wasn't expecting to file a claim so early in the year, but Bruce's empathy and customer service were fantastic! Bruce was able to get a technician out the following morning (within twelve hours of placing the initial claims call) and the job was completed within a few days. Bruce called me daily with updates and was an extremely helpful liaison between myself and the repair company. I sincerely hope I don't have to file another claim soon, but if I do, I know I'm in exceptionally good hands.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spent several frustrating days researching and evaluating Home Warranty Providers, learning that most providers could be rated anywhere from Outstanding to Poor depending on which agency had published the ratings. I spend countless hours trying to narrow my search to two or three top contenders, while trying to determine which rating service I should believe? Then in some obscure place, I saw a reference to Amazon Home Warranty, which was a total shock as I hadn't seen a single reference to an offering through Amazon during hours of research. Just the name prompted me to dig deeper and I was surprised, yet elated, to find the A+ BBB Rating. Further, all customer reviews I found were extremely positive, so much so that I was concerned that customers had been offered some form of incentive to write the reviews.

The one drawback was I couldn't find it stated anywhere that you provided service in Texas where I live. I called to find out whether you provide service here and also to learn more about your offerings, cost and contract terms. Jesse ** handled my call and I was so impressed by his professionalism, knowledge of your offerings, customer-focused approach as well as your pricing that I purchased a warranty before we even hung up.

I needed to call Jesse back a few days later but he did not answer the call. Since I was going to be unavailable for a few hours, I didn't leave a message, thinking I would call back upon returning home. Within literally 2-3 minutes, my phone rang and when I answered it, Jesse was on the other end and said "Hello Mr. **, how can I help you"? Holy Smoke, I almost had a Heart Attack. What kind of customer service is that? Not only calling me back without me even leaving a message, but also knowing who he was calling just a few days after I purchased our warranty...both things that were far beyond my expectations.

All I can say is you folks handle customer service like I was accustomed to seeing many, many years ago. That kind of service seems to have disappeared in today's business environment so I really commend you for how you approach business and the customer. Keep up the great work! While I thought Jesse's handling of my call was unique to him, as I read more reviews, apparently all your sales agents provide this same level of service and care. I'm quite impressed and hope to see the same kind of service and response if and when I file my first claim. Thanks to Amazon Home Warranty for ending a frustrating research project, resulting in a very favorable outcome.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

After researching home warranty plans, I chose Amazon because of their excellent ratings and 5-star reviews. I just placed my order so I haven't had to use it yet, but if the service they provide is even close to the caliber of their customer service, I will be thrilled! Rick ** was a tremendous help -- both times I called him -- and was polite, courteous, and personable. He could teach a course in customer service! My previous home warranty company (whose name shall not be mentioned but whose ratings are 1 out of 5 stars) was a nightmare to work with. At least I didn't pay for it; it was provided by the seller when I bought the house. I can't wait to wash my hands of them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: July 11, 2019

I purchased the Amazon Home Warranty on June 18th and was informed by the sales representative that the policy is effective immediately. I contacted the company on June 11, 2019, to start a claim because my AC is not blowing cold air. The representative authenticated my account, then asked if I called to make a new claim. I responded yes. She asked, "Tell me what's going on?" I explained. She then replied, (and I paraphrase) "Unfortunately, your policy is not in effect until July 11th, so the system won't allow me to create an order." I said, "Okay. So, I need to deal with the heat for a few more days and call back on the 11th?" She responded, "No. Unfortunately, since you called in today and this is a recorded call, you will have to repair your AC yourself and send in the receipt as proof if you want us to cover your AC in the future."

So, I asked why was I did the sales agent tell me that the coverage was effective immediately? She apologized that I was misinformed. Then, she reverted to the policy that he should have sent me. When I asked for a supervisor, she explained that she is the supervisor. I asked why did she revert to the policy rather than rectifying her misinformed sales policy? I expressed concern that she did not say that we will review the recorded call to verify your concerns. She asks if she could start over and the repeated what I said using her own words. But in the end, the problem is mine. When I asked that she have her supervisor review or recorded call and contact me, and she said that she would and promptly hung up the phone.

Why did she not tell me from the beginning of the call that my policy was ineffective. Instead, she recorded the claim so that they could use it as a reason not to cover my equipment in the future? Why did she only care to provide good customer service as supervisor after I explained how it should have been handled? Meanwhile, I am seeking a new company.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Switched to Amazon because I thought they would cover my pool system which is on its last legs. Had it a little more than a month and the hot water heater needed replacement. There was a 3 week wait time for them to supply the plumber to look at it so I got my own plumber. They said all he had to do was call while he was there and they'd provide authorization on the phone. They didn't. They said they'd have to go to an authorization review board and get back to me in 30 minutes. They didn't. I called and they said they'd have to get back to me by the end of the day. They didn't. I called the next day and they said that my claim was denied fully. Meanwhile, I got my hot water heater replaced by a licensed plumber (because they require you use one) and it cost $1300. If I'd know they'd deny coverage, I could've used my handyman and saved $500. I'm super mad and my husband is an attorney so I'm thinking of taking legal action.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Had a faucet leak and it was fixed. The representative from Roto-Rooter came over. His name was Justin and he did a great job fix the problem and was in and out within an hour. I would be very happy to have Roto-Rooter do all calls for me in the future and I am continuing to talk to get up to two hundred characters so you guys will take this.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Exceptionally reliable company!! My A/C went out when I turned it on this past weekend. The technician came out and everything is fixed. I needed freon and it only cost me my service call fee. The tech was very professional and knowledgeable!

Original review: April 26, 2019

I had a home warranty company when I decided to switch to Amazon. I did not like the long wait times on the phone with the previous company, which is the main reason I decided to leave. I signed up with Amazon the end of March. Well, the weekend after I signed up my washer began giving me an OE error. Well, I knew I had a 30 day wait period before I could call Amazon, so I took my clothes to the laundromat and brought them home to dry. Recently, I noticed my dryer was taking a very long time to dry my clothes so I wanted them to look at the dryer when they came it. I also live in Houston, so the temp are getting up there. I turned on my AC unit upstairs and noticed the air wasn’t getting cold. So, I called Amazon today because I’ve waited my 30 days and they would not cover any of my issues stating they were pre-existing.

The guy quoted the agreement so I went and read it again. It states that my coverage starts 30 days after acceptance which should be around now. Well the manager said that was not right. That the coverage starts now, basically negating the 30 days I waited after paying and signing up. It also stated that you could get the 30 day period waived if you could show prior proof or coverage from another home service provider. I asked him about that because I could show that I had coverage that wouldn’t have expired until Sept of 2019. He basically said I could send it but it would’ve needed to be sent before now to be considered.

I think it is unfortunate that home warranty companies can do things like this. While the guy stated he understood it was basically nothing they could do. It’s a rip off and it’s horrible. I do not see how people can sleep at night by ripping people off. I will say that the guy refunded my policy and waived the cancellation fee which was nice. However, I am still with items that are not working. If I could predict the future and knew my items would fail, I would’ve stayed with the prior company. A company I had multiple properties covered under and was with for years. It was mainly the long hold times that I did not like. Again, I wish I had read this site before purchasing with Amazon and cancelling my prior plan. Very unfortunate. I hope this helps someone before making the same mistake I made.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Heating system broke over night and not only was Amazon Home Warranty available to take my claim they had someone out within a few hours. The technician they sent was professional and knowledgeable. He had my heat up and running in no time.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I just had yet another positive experience with Amazon Home Warranty! I made my 3rd claim with them, this time on my dishwasher. The technician came and could not fix it. Amazon Home Warranty replaced it with a brand new one! Thank you!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I signed up back in November and I finally put my first claim in. My icemaker in the fridge stopped working. I called into Amazon Home Warranty claims line and got through within 2 minutes! They sent a tech out who was very professional and he fixed my icemaker. I only had to come out of pocket my service call. I highly recommend this company to everyone!!! A+++.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have heard from other realtors that in many many cases Home Warranty companies find ways to get out of paying claims. I sure hope this company does not follow that ideology. I will not be happy if I find that to be the case, and I will not encourage my sellers to offer home warranties.

Original review: March 22, 2019

It took almost 3 weeks to get a response from Amazon after the initial reporting call. Then it took an additional 3 days to get the repair man on location. The survey letter I received from Bruce wasn’t even addressed to me. I hope you all can do better than this.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Called Amazon Home Warranty. 9 am with heating unit not working and a very cold house; by 3:30 pm, service call was made and heat restored! J and R Precision Heat and Air is to be commended for quick and accurate service, in the future if needed, I want this company again. High praises go Amazon for quick service and a follow up call to check back with me!

Original review: March 11, 2019

We were looking to get home warranty coverage for the first time. I had reviewed different companies online without committing to any one company. I received a follow up call the next day from Jesse, a representative from Amazon Home Warranty. He was very courteous and professional. He clarified information about what is exactly covered under the Amazon Home Warranty, and how this compares to other companies. I had a lot of questions and he was very patient answering my questions fully. He worked to get me additional discounts for signing up. After talking with Jesse, I felt very confident in my decision to go with Amazon Home Warranty.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Excellent service, very courteous, attentive to my needs. Tim was great, he explained my options and he recommended the best value for me, and how to file a claim, that all I had to do was make a call and that I was not going to be on the phone for 30 minutes like my other warranty was doing, I was driving and I had to pull over and I told him to sign me up.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I received the most excellent customer service when purchasing my home warranty by telephone, this morning. The agent was able to give me all kinds of incentives for saving money on the premium, which I very much appreciated. I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend this warranty insurance to those who are seeking better prices, incentives for paying early and wanting better service when the need arises.

Original review: March 7, 2019

In my 39 years of living I’ve never been so pleased with a customer service rep in my life. He was well informed, pleasant and cut straight to the chase. I was sold within the first 35 seconds of the call. He explained everything very well and kept it simple. Exceptional job!

Original review: March 6, 2019

They cover nothing!!! They find every excuse NOT to cover a claim. I should have called American Home Shield! AMAZON is a total scam!!! I contacted them for plumbing issues and they found every excuse not to cover the problem!!! My house is forty years old so of course stuff is old. The claim scam artist on the other line said the "The pipes were corroded so this has been going on for a long time". As if he were in the house. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY. Stick with the one you know and hear of, American Home Shield.

Amazon Home Warranty response

Dear Mr. Napolitani,

I’m sorry to hear that you are not happy with Amazon Home Warranty. However, you simultaneously opened 3 separate unrelated claims only 2 days into your coverage period. AHW immediately dispatched a service provider for all 3 claims.

- One of the claims was a covered plumbing issue (plumbing stoppage) which was paid for by Amazon Home Warranty.
- Another claim was for a leaking copper pipe. The technician indicated that the leaking pipe was corroded and had to be there for quite some time.

- Lastly, your hot water heater needs to be replaced due to sediment build up. Aside from the fact that AHW does not cover failures that are as a result of sediment build up, based on the information we received it is our professional assessment that this was also a pre-existing issue.

While I understand your aggravation of having claims that are not covered, the issues were clearly problems that existed prior to your coverage becoming effective and which is therefore specifically excluded as per the terms of your contract which we have posted below for your ease of reference. Should you have any additional concerns please feel free to give us a call at 888-934-0001.

Sincerely yours,
Gary Ojeda

Customer Relations

1. BASIS FOR COVERAGE

During the term of this Agreement, we agree to pay the covered costs to repair or replace the items listed as covered on your Agreement Coverage Summary if any such items become inoperable due to mechanical failure caused by normal wear and tear. Determination of Coverage including the operational condition as of the Agreement effective date for any claim will be made solely by us, considering but not limited to, our independent contractor’s diagnosis, hereinafter referred to as the “Service Contractor”. This Agreement does not cover any known or unknown pre-existing conditions…

VII. GENERAL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
1. The following are not included during the contract term; (i) malfunction or improper operation due to rust or corrosion of all systems and appliances, (ii) collapsed ductwork, (iii) known or unknown pre-existing conditions, deficiencies and/or defects.
2. We are not responsible for the repair of any cosmetic defects or performance of routine maintenance.
3. At times it is necessary to open walls or ceilings to make repairs. The Service Contractor provided by us will close the opening, and return to a rough finish condition. We are not responsible for restoration of any wall coverings, floor coverings, plaster, cabinets, counter tops, tiling, paint, or the like. Rough finish is defined to include hanging of drywall, patching of drywall, stucco, and lath. Repair to rough finish does not include supplies or labor for paint, sanding, wall texture, wallpaper and/or tile work.

4. This Agreement covers only repairs and/or replacements due to mechanical failure attributable to ordinary wear and tear. Accordingly, the Agreement does not cover failures which may result from other causes, such as without limitation abuse; misuse and/or neglect; lack of maintenance; rust and/or corrosion; noise without a related mechanical failure; chemical or sedimentary build up…

Original review: March 6, 2019

I was shopping online for an appliance warranty. I called in with a question and the representative was very helpful. I immediately felt comfortable speaking with Tim. He is very knowledgeable and took the time that I needed to explain in detail with me the options. I purchased a combo plan.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Jesse ** was a great rep. Happy so far! Seems to have best price and value out of any home warranty company. Paid for 3 years up front but was guaranteed a price lock with no increases. Also, fully transferrable to buyer if property sells. Seems like a great deal! Better than what I was getting with AHS.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The representative was very friendly and explained all my options thoroughly. He was able to secure a good price on what I needed. He answered all my questions on the different coverages available. He also explained how to start a claim if I need to. I hope I never need it, but I am glad I have it!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

Ray ** made it easy to get started with my new policy. He explained everything to me in detail and made it so easy to decide this is the company I wanted for my home warranty. I'm glad I found this company. I look forward to doing business with them for years to come.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Ray ** was the gentleman who handled my new account. He was very informative and friendly. I have been an Amazon patron for many years and when I discovered that they offered a Home Warranty I wanted to see how it compared with the one I now have, it seems to be very competitive.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I purchased this warranty through Amazon because of there reputation and reliability. I did purchase a warranty from a different company and cancelled it before it took effect. I liked how this one had no high pressure salesman. He was very helpful, he explained how it worked and helped me choose the right plan. I will and have recommended this to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I thought it was a wonderful experience and he was very pleasant and I enjoyed hearing about the different plan and what they cover ok cool and he explained it well. I also like the 24 hour service and they respond quickly be to calls and thanking me that I refer friends and family also.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I spoke with Sam ** and he explained your services and answered all of my questions about the different plans and what is and is not covered. This is the first company that I know of that covers sprinkler systems. I now have a home warranty plan and I am looking forward to during business with this company for years to come. Thanks Sam.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My agent was quick concise and answered all my questions. The reason I reached out to your company today is because my other warranty company has lots of holes in their coverage. These were not covered when I specifically asked the questions. He did a great job for your company. Please give him some recognition.

Amazon Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Warranty plans provide coverage for malfunctions and breakdowns from ordinary use on home systems and appliances. Warranty plans may cover systems and appliances or a combination.

• Appliance warranties: Plans to cover your dishwasher, refrigerator, standalone freezer, trash compactor, oven, stove, clothes washer, clothes dryer and microwave.

• Systems warranties: Coverage available for central AC and central heating systems, plumbing (including stoppages), electrical system, water heaters, ductwork, jetted bathtubs and garage door openers.

• Combo warranties: Combination appliance-systems plans cover instant hot water dispenser, garbage disposal, attic fan, ceiling fan, bathroom exhaust fan, kitchen fan or exhaust hood and doorbell.

• Additional coverage: Warranties are also available for your pool, spa, lawn sprinkler system, septic system, septic tank pumping, sump pump, water softener, well pump, whole house humidifier, wine refrigerator and more.

• Guarantee: If an Amazon Home Warranty local, licensed and insured technician can’t repair your damaged system or appliance, they will replace it or offer an alternative solution. Standard service call fee is $75.

• Best for: homeowners, realtors and contractors.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information