AHW Home Warranty

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About AHW Home Warranty Reviews

AHW Home Warranty, formerly Amazon Home Warranty, has three different home warranty plans. You can also select add-ons for less common appliances and systems to round out your coverage. Payment is simple and completed on Amazon Home Warranty’s website. AHW Home Warranty has no affiliation with Amazon.com.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Choose your own contractor
    • Reasonable monthly rates
    • Comprehensive combo plan

Cons

• Limited add-on options
    • Coverage caps on some items

Bottom Line

Amazon Home Warranty offers a wide variety of coverage through its combo plan. While some coverage limits vary, it offers reasonable monthly rates and more than enough coverage for the average homeowner.

Top AHW Home Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been a satisfied customer for over 2 years now. ... My 3-year-old freezer stopped functioning, but Amazon Home Warranty did exactly as they promised. Their tech came out th...

Verified

Excellent service and great prices! When my fridge broke, I called them up right away and they immediately sprung into action... I would highly recommend and would do business wit...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amazon Home Warranty plans

Amazon Home Warranty has been offering coverage to provide homeowners with protection from expensive household repairs for the last decade. It provides policies for customers nationwide and 24/7 customer service. Not sure what kind of coverage you need? Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy by offering three plans:

Appliance Plan
    The Essential Appliance Plan covers majors appliances you can't live without, including:
    • Dishwasher
    • Refrigerator and freezer
    • Washer and dryer
    • Oven and cooktop
    • Trash compactor
    • Microwave
    System Plan
    The System Plan covers the major mechanical systems in your home as well as plumbing and your home’s electrical wiring. Covered components include:
    • Central heating and air conditioning
    • Plumbing
    • Electrical systems
    • Ductwork
    • Water heater
    • Jetted tubs
    • Garage door openers
    Combo Plan
    The combo plan covers everything in the system and appliance plans plus a few bonus items. It covers:
    • Everything covered on the System and Appliance Plans
    • Sprinkler systems
    • Wine coolers
    • Ice makers
    Amazon Home Warranty coverage exclusions
    Like most companies in the home warranty industry, Amazon Home Warranty does not cover any preexisting conditions.

Other exclusions exist on a per-item basis. For example, while Amazon Home Warranty covers kitchen refrigerators, including freezer units, it doesn't cover parts like racks, shelves, glass, lighting, handles, doors, seals, hinges or anything else deemed nonessential to the refrigerator’s core function.

Amazon Home Warranty coverage limits

Amazon’s coverage limit is set at $1,500 per contract item unless otherwise specified. The list below highlights some of the different coverage limits.

ItemAmazon’s coverage limit
    Air conditioning system$2,500
    Ceiling and exhaust fans$500
    Electrical system$500
    Encased ductwork$500
    Plumbing system and stoppage$500
    Water heater$500
    Whirlpool bathtub$500

Optional add-on items offered by Amazon’s Home Warranty may also have different coverage limits.

Amazon Home Warranty cost

The average cost for Amazon Home Warranty is between $30 and $50 per month, which is in line with the industry average. The service call fee, which you pay for each repair, is $75, which is also within the average range for home warranties.

PlanAverage cost
    Essential Appliances Plan$349/year or $29/month
    Major Systems Plan$429/year or $36/month
    Combo Plan$579/year or $48/month

Amazon Home Warranty claims

To request service, you need to submit a claim to Amazon Home Warranty. Claims are simple to submit, and you can file one 24/7.

How to request service from Amazon Home Warranty

1. File a claim and request service by calling Amazon’s 24/7 toll-free number.
    2. Amazon contacts a service contractor within two business days.
    3. The service contractor contacts you to schedule a repair visit.
    4. Pay the service call fee.
    5. Your contractor performs the repair.

Amazon guarantees repairs for 90 days on parts and 30 days on labor. If the work performed fails during this time, you do not have to pay an additional fee to get the item fixed again.

Amazon chooses your service provider from its list of approved repair companies. If you want to use your own contractor, you need preapproval. Amazon Home Warranty will need to see proof of repair before reimbursing you.

Amazon Home Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider?
    Amazon Home Warranty typically chooses a service provider for your repair from its list of approved contractors. To use an outside contractor, you need to call Amazon Home Warranty for preauthorization before beginning the repair.
    Is there a cancellation fee for Amazon Home Warranty?
    Yes. A $30 cancellation fee may apply if you cancel your contract.
    Does Amazon Home Warranty require a home inspection?
    No, you can sign up for an Amazon Home Warranty plan without a home inspection.
    Can I get a full refund when I cancel my plan with Amazon Home Warranty?
    Amazon Home Warranty has a 30-day grace period after sign-up. During this period, you can cancel your plan and receive a full refund.
    How long is Amazon Home Warranty’s service work guarantee?
    Amazon Home Warranty’s plans have a 30-day service work guarantee, meaning if a technician repairs an appliance and it breaks down within 30 days, there is no second service fee.
    What is Amazon Home Warranty’s service fee for home warranties?
    The standard service fee is $75.
    Is Amazon Home Warranty owned by Amazon.com?
    No. Amazon Home Warranty is not affiliated in any way with Amazon.com.

Is Amazon Home Warranty worth it?

If you are looking for a simple, straightforward choice for a home warranty, Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy to decide on a plan. Its Combo Plan offers comprehensive coverage that’s on par with top home warranty providers. It provides reasonable monthly rates in line with the industry average and some flexibility in service providers. Amazon Home Warranty provides value for the cost, making it a good option for homeowners looking for home protection plans.

AHW Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AHW Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I have to admit I am impressed with them. After my first claim was denied due to noises not being covered, I was worried that they would find an excuse not to pay everytime. Thankfully I was wrong. In the last year I've had 3 more claims which were all covered without hassle. I just renewed my plan and they honored my original rate which was great.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

After my washing machine stopped working I couldn't just figure out the cause so I called AHW to place a claim. Five hours later a team arrived to look further into the issue and now it is working as good as new. They also clean the additional mess making sure everything is in working order.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I was pleasantly surprised when AHW provided me with a full value check for our washer machine. As a Property Manager in the past, I have dealt with countless warranty companies for my old clients. So many times, warranty companies will tell you they don't cover your broken machine because of the fine print or the wording of their agreements. AHW is by far the BEST I have dealt with, and don't try to rip you off. I have already recommended them to my friends who are just now buying homes. Great Company and friendly customer service.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

No service agreement has not been honored as of yet. My air conditioner unit is listed as unrepairable due to its age. Warranty service has only agreed to repair costs, even though a/c unit is listed as non-repairable and replacement is recommended.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Yes. After so many previous refusals for coverage I was pleasantly surprised to have my AC covered at a reasonable cost. It however took too long to receive the check, more than a month since the claim was submitted and it would have been hell if I was unable to repair the AC before I received the check.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I am still waiting for a call from AHW about my hot water heater. Service provider came to my home and stated he ordered a part. I have called the company several time. The provider placed the blame on the company.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Call claim in, got claim number, they had person come out and I paid $65.00 to. Two days go by and no answer from repair man or Amazon Home Warranty. The repair man has not called back. AHW said they will send another repair man out in 24-28 hours. Still Microwave is out.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I filed a claim for my dryer. Tech came to the house to diagnosed my washer. The Tech told me the parts are no longer in stock (maybe discontinued). I waited 9 DAYS to hear back from AHW. They told me they will buy out at $270 for parts and labor. I was under the impression that if you can't fix it they'll replace it... NOT THE CASE. They wanted me to go searching for a part that THEY(AHW) CAN'T FIND THEMSELVES! So instead of replacing the unit, AHW is sending me $270 to fix it myself. Again, the parts are nowhere to be found! I have been without a dryer now for 10 days and they expect me to continue searching for parts. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM AHW!!!

Original review: March 29, 2022

Avoid this company! I was a customer for 2 years when I had a fridge and microwave break. They sent their agent. Said they need replacement and only approved barely 10-20% of the real value of the appliances. Then I waited for >6 months and after more than 30 calls, they still did not pay. They claim they are sending checks and we never received them. They are liars! They should be reported and sued!

Original review: March 14, 2022

I bought a 3-year contract with them and hoped they would be good. My first repair request was my dishwasher; they refused to repair the dishwasher. My second request was an oven element that failed; they never followed up with me after my request. My disposal failed. It took them three tries to get a contractor out to me and then it still took two weeks to replace the disposal. My 4th and final claim was on my home heater. Without even looking at the unit, they denied the claim. At this point, two years into the contract, I asked to cancel my contract. They stated that the contract still had 5 months left but there was no residual value left in the contract. Buyer beware - avoid at all costs!!!

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

AHW Home Warranty Company Information