2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Amazon Home Warranty has three different home warranty plans. You can also select add-ons for less common appliances and systems to round out your coverage. Payment is simple and completed on Amazon Home Warranty’s website. Amazon Home Warranty has no affiliation with Amazon.com.

BOTTOM LINE

Amazon Home Warranty offers a wide variety of coverage through its combo plan. While some coverage limits vary, it offers reasonable monthly rates and more than enough coverage for the average homeowner.

PROS
    • Choose your own contractor
    • Reasonable monthly rates
    • Comprehensive combo plan
    CONS
    • Limited add-on options
    • Coverage caps on some items

Top Amazon Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

I have been a satisfied customer for over 2 years now. ... My 3-year-old freezer stopped functioning, but Amazon Home Warranty did exactly as they promised. Their tech came out the very next day and repaired the unit. I was very satisfied with the work provided.

Excellent service and great prices! When my fridge broke, I called them up right away and they immediately sprung into action... I would highly recommend and would do business with this company again. ... It is not easy nowadays to find a reputable home warranty service!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amazon Home Warranty plans

Amazon Home Warranty has been offering coverage to provide homeowners with protection from expensive household repairs for the last decade. It provides policies for customers nationwide and 24/7 customer service. Not sure what kind of coverage you need? Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy by offering three plans:

Appliance Plan
      The Essential Appliance Plan covers majors appliances you can't live without, including:
      • Dishwasher
      • Refrigerator and freezer
      • Washer and dryer
      • Oven and cooktop
      • Trash compactor
      • Microwave
      System Plan
      The System Plan covers the major mechanical systems in your home as well as plumbing and your home’s electrical wiring. Covered components include:
      • Central heating and air conditioning
      • Plumbing
      • Electrical systems
      • Ductwork
      • Water heater
      • Jetted tubs
      • Garage door openers
      Combo Plan
      The combo plan covers everything in the system and appliance plans plus a few bonus items. It covers:
      • Everything covered on the System and Appliance Plans
      • Sprinkler systems
      • Wine coolers
      • Ice makers
      Amazon Home Warranty coverage exclusions
      Like most companies in the home warranty industry, Amazon Home Warranty does not cover any preexisting conditions.

Other exclusions exist on a per-item basis. For example, while Amazon Home Warranty covers kitchen refrigerators, including freezer units, it doesn't cover parts like racks, shelves, glass, lighting, handles, doors, seals, hinges or anything else deemed nonessential to the refrigerator’s core function.

Amazon Home Warranty coverage limits

Amazon’s coverage limit is set at $1,500 per contract item unless otherwise specified. The list below highlights some of the different coverage limits.

ItemAmazon’s coverage limit
      Air conditioning system$2,500
      Ceiling and exhaust fans$500
      Electrical system$500
      Encased ductwork$500
      Plumbing system and stoppage$500
      Water heater$500
      Whirlpool bathtub$500

Optional add-on items offered by Amazon’s Home Warranty may also have different coverage limits.

Amazon Home Warranty cost

The average cost for Amazon Home Warranty is between $30 and $50 per month, which is in line with the industry average. The service call fee, which you pay for each repair, is $75, which is also within the average range for home warranties.

PlanAverage cost
      Essential Appliances Plan$349/year or $29/month
      Major Systems Plan$429/year or $36/month
      Combo Plan$579/year or $48/month

Amazon Home Warranty claims

To request service, you need to submit a claim to Amazon Home Warranty. Claims are simple to submit, and you can file one 24/7.

How to request service from Amazon Home Warranty

1. File a claim and request service by calling Amazon’s 24/7 toll-free number.
      2. Amazon contacts a service contractor within two business days.
      3. The service contractor contacts you to schedule a repair visit.
      4. Pay the service call fee.
      5. Your contractor performs the repair.

Amazon guarantees repairs for 90 days on parts and 30 days on labor. If the work performed fails during this time, you do not have to pay an additional fee to get the item fixed again.

Amazon chooses your service provider from its list of approved repair companies. If you want to use your own contractor, you need preapproval. Amazon Home Warranty will need to see proof of repair before reimbursing you.

Amazon Home Warranty FAQ

Can I choose my own service provider?
      Amazon Home Warranty typically chooses a service provider for your repair from its list of approved contractors. To use an outside contractor, you need to call Amazon Home Warranty for preauthorization before beginning the repair.
      Is there a cancellation fee for Amazon Home Warranty?
      Yes. A $30 cancellation fee may apply if you cancel your contract.
      Does Amazon Home Warranty require a home inspection?
      No, you can sign up for an Amazon Home Warranty plan without a home inspection.
      Can I get a full refund when I cancel my plan with Amazon Home Warranty?
      Amazon Home Warranty has a 30-day grace period after sign-up. During this period, you can cancel your plan and receive a full refund.
      How long is Amazon Home Warranty’s service work guarantee?
      Amazon Home Warranty’s plans have a 30-day service work guarantee, meaning if a technician repairs an appliance and it breaks down within 30 days, there is no second service fee.
      What is Amazon Home Warranty’s service fee for home warranties?
      The standard service fee is $75.
      Is Amazon Home Warranty owned by Amazon.com?
      No. Amazon Home Warranty is not affiliated in any way with Amazon.com.

Is Amazon Home Warranty worth it?

If you are looking for a simple, straightforward choice for a home warranty, Amazon Home Warranty makes it easy to decide on a plan. Its Combo Plan offers comprehensive coverage that’s on par with top home warranty providers. It provides reasonable monthly rates in line with the industry average and some flexibility in service providers. Amazon Home Warranty provides value for the cost, making it a good option for homeowners looking for home protection plans.

Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: April 7, 2021

Company is of no help when attempting to submit a claim. Customer service cannot answer any of your questions or concerns about billing or to submit a claim. They always have to send an email to another department. They cannot just transfer you to the blling department. The service technicians they send out to your home are not very knowledgeable. They did not know the make or model of my appliances when the name was clearly stated on the front door and the model number was located on the sticker on the back of the appliance. It takes forever to get an approval or denial of a claim.

I cancelled my services on 4/6/21 and they are attempting to bill again on 4/7/21 when my bill was paid on 3/27/21 and would not be due again until 4/27/21. Called to inquire why they are attempting to bill again and customer service was unable to assist, stated she would have to send an email to the billing department. Asked to be transferred or for a number and was told they didn't have a number. Very unprofessional company, what professional organization is unable to at least transfer you to another department or give you a direct contact number.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I have had them as a provider for 2 years and have nothing but issues. I have had a hot water heater broken for over 2 weeks and the folks sat on it for all this time. They keep changing the story and never telling me anything. No communications and no concern of not having a hot water heater for weeks. Stay away.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2021

First of all let me say the customer service is the absolute worst type of customer service I have ever experienced. They are rude and out of touch with reality and have no business dealing with people. I tried to cancel my service and was put on hold for almost 20 minutes. Every time I call back they would put me on hold and I never spoke with the lab person until three days later. Once I spoke with the person they claimed they had canceled the contract then I noticed I never received an email or documentation stating the fact that it was canceled so I called back and when I did they told me I owe them $220!!!! Good luck getting it!!! THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME!!!! WHAT A SCAM!! PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. I also reported them to the Better Business Bureau... THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!!

Original review: March 13, 2021

The warranty cost $45/month, and if you don't cancel w/in the first 30 days, you don't get a refund, plus you get charged for any service calls you had! So you end up paying them for full price for services rendered, and you do not even get reimbursed your service fee! This company is a rip-off and makes the parent Amazon company look bad! I do not recommend this warranty to anyone who is looking for good coverage and does not want to get shafted if they decide to cancel after the 1st 30 days.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I purchased 3 year Amazon Home Warranty despite all of the bad reviews. Worst experience I have ever had with a warranty/insurance company. They don't return calls timely. They will take your money and then not pay claims. It is bad enough to have something break in your house but they make the process of repairing it a nightmare. Save your money for repairs because you will need it after they deny your claim.

Original review: March 6, 2021

My entire experience with Amazon Home Warranty has been a disaster. I contracted with this company at the end of November. Once the contract was received, I noticed discrepancies from information received from the sales associate. I tried to clear up these issues via phone calls etc. I left a message with the original sales associate. I spoke to the sales department. I spoke to a supervisor. I was only trying to match the contract with what was promised to me over the phone. Finally I asked for a refund. The refund was only going to be prorated even though I was in limbo waiting for the issues to be resolved. I am still waiting on my refund and have decided to try and resolve this issue with my bank. I have tried relentlessly to resolve on my own.. I can't imagine having to negotiate with this company with a real claim on my home. Based on my experience, this is not a company you want to do business with... Absolutely no customer service.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Beware of this company. We purchased an expensive home warranty from them and have had nothing but terrible customer service and NO resolution to our claims. We filed a claim for a kitchen sink that was backed up and it has been almost two weeks are we are still waiting on a solution. Each time we call we are on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes, multiple times we have been on hold for 60+ minutes waiting to talk to a representative about our claim. We have been connected to 4 different plumbers, every few days, the first three of which were not able to provide services for Amazon Home Warranty or could not help us in the near future (the wait time was weeks out). We have heard the same line from customer service- "we will escalate this claim" and nothing changes. We have been sent one plumber's contact information twice even though we had to tell the warranty company the plumber cannot service our issue.

We finally had a plumber come today (almost 2 weeks later) and the warranty company capped the service price and the cost to snake the line exceeds the amount the plumber is estimating. We are nowhere closer to a solution and have been without a kitchen sink for almost 2 weeks. There is no concern on the part of the warranty company and they have provided no additional help, just keep giving us "the runaround". DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY it is a total waste of money.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I have tried to connect with the claim's office to get repairs done to plumbing in my home. Since I called them water is backing up everywhere in my home. It has been over 24 hours with no support from the company. I was told by the claims representative that they have a lot of work to do and will get to me when they can. This is not acceptable when water is one of the essential items for living a decent life. I found the representative to be disrespectful and rude regarding the health of others. I really hate the day I paid for three years of service to this company.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

They will not uphold the contract. Instantly refuses to repair my appliance. Claims it is pre-existing but that isn’t what the service tech reported. You cannot talk to anyone but the off-shore call center and they have no ability to help nor will they connect you to someone who can. They say that someone will call you back but they never do. DO NOT PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE - IT IS A RIP OFF!! I have just filed claims against them with BBB and my State’s Attorney General.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Please do not buy their warranty. They are full of scam. Every time you open a claim, they will take your money. "Not covered".. I have opened 4 claim. None of them are covered. Please do not buy their plan.. Or any contract. Their are not part of Amazon at all. It's full of scam. I would rather give them 0 instead 1.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information