2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.81/5

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Amazon Home Warranty has three different home warranty plans. You can also select add-ons for less common appliances and systems to round out your coverage. Payment is simple and completed on Amazon Home Warranty’s website. Amazon Home Warranty has no affiliation with Amazon.com.

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Amazon Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2020

I've had the plan for about a year. When I had an issue with my air conditioning unit, the company said they would not live up to the contract to cover any cost to replace my air or gas furnace because of their age. They did not ask the age of my units when I signed up for coverage. When I called customer service, I was placed on hold for an hour each time and disconnected. Had to call back several times to get through. I placed a hold on my automatic payment and they would not talk to me until I released the hold. Once I released the hold they got their money and still denied my claim. In essence, I paid money to a company that had no intentions to make good on their claim to pay insurers for repair or replacement.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I never encourage people to by Amazon Home Warranty. This like fake company. Just making money but during service time never help. Please careful everyone. And very hard to contact with them. They are just earning money by selling but not providing any quality service at all. We should aware on it. After one month I constantly calling them to solve issue but no one communicate with me.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I specifically chose this company because of the positive reviews on customer service. I regret now not going with a longer standing company. After my hot water heater went out, I filled out an online form that was quickly declined. Then I spoke to someone on the phone, and they said they WOULD open a claim for me. When I log in, it says that it is in progress. I then got an email saying they would not dispatch anyone for this. When I asked why, and if I could speak to someone, I got no response. That was 11 days ago. Seriously? After multiple follow up emails and calls, I finally got a call from a manager who apologized and said the claim had been closed on their end, and that a leaking hot water heater wasn't even something they covered. What?!

1. Please make sure the online information I see is the same information that you see.
      2. Don't have different people tell me different things, keeping me guessing on whether a claim will be covered or not.
      3. Don't make promises of a contractor coming out within 48 hours if you can't fulfill said promise.

4. How is a hot water heater something that's not covered?

I am so pissed for wasting my time and money on this company. I am working from home and busy! I have a 12 month old at home. Just give me my money back!

Original review: June 8, 2020

Paid for this warranty for almost a year and the 1st time they had to pay, they denied my claim stating that another vendor had installed a part improperly and therefore would not pay. WTH. I asked why they collected my $75 and they responded it was a courtesy. How the hell was it a courtesy if I paid my deductible which they refused to refund. I had been with AHS for years prior and never experienced such trickery. DON'T DO IT!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I had a claim for HVAC with Amazon and technician came and took $75 and submitted the diagnose report to Amazon. I waited for a week and did not hear anything back so I reached out to amazon and they said my claim was denied because some parts were broken. I took the warranty back in 2019 September and this is my first claim in May 2020. All these days the unit was working fine. Took more than an hour to reach the customer support for an update and she disconnected my phone after saying it was denied. They are not allowing me to cancel the policy as well. This is not really Amazon and never recommend this to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Home Warranty?

Original review: May 11, 2020

Monthly is high coverage is nonexistent. Horrible customer service. Nothing is covered. Stay away from them. There are other companies that do a much better job. My last two claims I paid the service fee only to find that the item wasn’t covered. After going out. With the COVID-19 problem I called and said I would not be able to continue my plan. They said we’re sorry you have to pay for 12 months. They charged me again. And my bank account went negative. This was after I repeatedly told them I had to cancel because of financial issues. Even in better times I would not use them again. Very little is covered. They are only concerned about the monthly revenue to their company. Now I have to call my bank and dispute.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Amazon Home Warranty is the WORST company to "give you a peace of mind" that your home appliances are covered. My Central AC has been out for a month now. They're trying to save $145 by taking a 50/50 chance on an expensive repair that may not work versus just the buyout towards a new unit. My old one is 29 years old... multiple leaks and they want to blow their entire allowance per item on a gamble. 3 weeks of no AC in west Texas is NO JOKE!

Original review: April 14, 2020

I tried to cancel and was told they will not cancel. On the phone about a half hour, very insulting, racist person on the phone. Amazon.com has nothing to do with them but they say they are selling the warranty as a part of Amazon.com. Liars.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I purchased a house and closed on March 6, 2020. The seller agreed to pay for a home warranty, so I thought I'd look around online. Based on the reviews, I chose Amazon Home Warranty. The signup process was easy enough, though the policy was issued 2 weeks later (03/21/2020) - I assume there was a delay from the seller. Anyway, so I got a confirmation, so far so good.

This past weekend, 04/11/2020, I noticed there was a water stain on my basement ceiling. I tried to look where the water came from, and found out the water line to the dish waster was leaking. It was previously fine after moving in my new home for a couple weeks, and never had any issue. Obviously the problem just started after a few weeks. Why would I lie?

I called Amazon Home Warranty to submit a claim on 04/12/2020. Initially I got an email confirmation, but the agent I spoke told me there was a problem on his screen. On 04/13/2020 morning I called again to confirm. The agent denied my claim because she stated that the contract won't start until 04/21/2020, which is a month later than the purchase date. Who would've thought?!

Not only they denied my claim, they stated that they now have a record that my dishwasher has a pre-existing condition and I won't be able to claim any repair. I feel totally scammed. Obviously the dishwasher worked just fine for a couple weeks and just had an issue after the fact. Although the contract stated that the coverage would only start a month after the purchase, It made me believe that they lead the customer into this trap. This is something that a regular customer would get trapped into. I am very disappointed with this and please avoid this company.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Everything went well and our heat was repaired the day. I was really surprised by the quick response. I know this kind of things usually take a while. Appreciate the concern and expediting a repair so we'll be comfortable.

Amazon Home Warranty Company Information