Panasonic Microwave

Compare Microwaves

Research top Microwaves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have used Panasonic microwaves for the past 30 years. They are reliable, affordable and offer many features I enjoy. Choices and auto cook features seem to be more intuitive to my way of thinking. Also, I enjoy the easy ways that Panasonic allows one to begin right away or change or add time in the middle of cooking. I particularly like convection cooking and combo cooking with microwave/convection. Very predictable results.

The Panasonic Inverter Microwave has been the best at cooking and reheating and the price is better than a lot of other brands/types. I have used it for almost 20 years and I am on my 2nd one. I cook and reheat food, pop popcorn and it is large enough for a large turkey. I have used others but this is the one that I will stick with.

NN ST6815 Model Won't Turn off. After about a year our microwave door wouldn't shut properly and wouldn't start without shutting the door hard. Then about a year later the microwave wouldn't turn off. Ever. We took to an authorized repair shop and our $350 built-in microwave is cannot be repaired and is now in the landfill. After reading these reviews it seems there is an issue with the door and the start mechanism. I will never buy a Panasonic microwave or anything else by Panasonic again.

I received this microwave as a gift from my son. I changed my whole way of looking at microwaves. I love it because it works the way it should and it's simple to operate. Also, it does all you want it to and more and it's large capacity and a way to thaw or cook without heating zones. Love the turntable, love the turbo thawing and heating. Just love it because it is new. It's a fat cat, this is where it's a machine.

Got a model NN-SN686S for Christmas 2016. It lasted 3 weeks. Got up one morning. Went to heat me a cup of instant coffee and the Microwave was dead, no power, no clock, no nothing. Went to Panasonic website, my model was not yet on the help available list... Called customer support to Contact Panasonic. They gave me a different phone number to call about microwaves. They have a machine that answers that number saying the department is closed to call later. Panasonic is of No help what so ever with its products. I returned the microwave to the place I purchased it. Got another one Only because it's all the seller would do. Just got this replacement Panasonic microwave. I have no idea how long it will last. I have Zero Confidence in Panasonic's garbage electronics.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Well, I bought my microwave about 2 years ago but the inside is small and it doesn't get the meals very hot in the 'medium'. I can't say all of them are like mine but that's what I feel. And another thing is the way you defrosted the beef, got cooked in the outside. That I don't like but for other things is very good.

Manufactured on 10/2014. That is not when I purchased it but they told me it was out of warranty. The machine just stopped working on 01/2017, a little over 2 years after manufacture date. The rep said if I needed his help I would have to pay almost $10 and if he could not fix it, I would have to send it in for repair!!! This company does not care about the customer! They make junk and then do not help when the product fails. I will never buy another product from them!!!

I have had my Panasonic microwave since 1982 and it runs like new and I have never had it worked on!!! I feel that is a pretty amazing appliance! Purchase a Panasonic brand, they last a long time! This microwave has been working for 35 years and still going strong! Hahaha!

It's reliable, I have had it so long it feels like a part of my life. It has been working without a problem, other than the 2 button occasionally doesn't work, for 18 years. It has all the same programmable settings that the current ones do plus the rotating glass tray. It is the prototype for what is still used today. Of course it doesn't have any programmable capabilities that are computerized like today, but that still doesn't limit what it can do, it just means a person has to actually walk to it and touch it, just like before there were remotes for TVs. It does have a few pre-programming features though that you can set so it will go from one function to another without you having to get up and reset it in between cooking temperatures. I don't know what I will do when it finally stops working. It probably won't be that much of an adjustment, but it's one of my tables that I have relied on for years with its rolling storage cabinet beneath it.

This is a reasonably-priced unit with useful features one would need. I would prefer the display to include the date, but at this price point, that's probably a little too much to ask. This model fits the bill for an 1100w unit.

I like its size and it fits where I need it. It's really a nice microwave and seems to cook well although I don't cook main meals in microwave. Usually just warm ups or quick frozen meals. Last microwave I had started when you hit the 30 sec button but this one you have to hit 30 then start. Would like more timer options, just a minor thing that I wish was different.

This is probably one of the best microwave on the market. I have had this microwave about 10 years and I've had absolutely no problems. They make a great product. Size, performance, convenience and price that was paid is probably one of the best around. I would recommend this product to anyone and I would buy another one. I know availability is still there.

Panasonic microwave has self-timing or manual timing, a minute button which is used very often. The self-cook is easy to set and the food is perfect every time. Also, the cost was reasonable for this fine product. The microwave fits nicely on the countertop. It has a turntable which makes turning the container continually not necessary. It holds larger size containers which makes it easy to cook a goodly quantity of food. I do recommend Panasonic.

It's the best I ever had at 1100 Watts. It does a cup of tea in 20 seconds and also great for steaming veggies. Evenly cooks carrots and beets in 14 minutes when in a deep bowl and covered by water. I can easily reheat casserole or in a covered dish, steam a salmon steak that is frozen with lemon juice and herbs. Versatility is great when taking on two jobs and three generations of family besides my own peer group. It's also the go to way to make a damp hot pack with a washcloth so long as one wraps it in a dry towel and temps the heat so no one gets burned.

I feel like good products last and it's nice to have a good product that I can do whatever I need to do that does not have hot spots or any difficult area to clean. Yes it still fits on counter and it saves on my electric bill by speed of cooking and it's nice finish wipes down easily and has the best balanced turntable that cheap small models don't have. I appreciate quality workmanship.

My Panasonic Microwave, m/n NN-SN661S, caught on fire. I had to unplug it to make the microwave stop and to put out the flames. I contacted Panasonic and they offered me $30 in compensation but I had to agree to release them from any additional claims.

Just over a year old the interior base has a melted hollow about fingertip size and cracks radiate out from it. Never to my knowledge had anything in it to cause that. Have been told by the repair company that it would cost £350 to repair. £100 more and I could buy a new one. Don't buy Panasonic. They shed you after the guarantee period is up.

I purchased this microwave NNSA651S in March of this year. In November the clock stops working. Then there begins to be water retained in the cavity. This wasn't normal condensation. After several hours on the phone the team at Panasonic tell me, that even though we are under warranty, it's our fault. Yea, a 1/2 a cup of water sitting in the cavity is our fault. This wasn't normal condensation. It didn't start happening until recently. We had since bought another Panasonic model but am returning it today. Do not buy Panasonic, they do not stand behind their warranty. They refused to fix the clock, since the inside was damaged. Bad bad bad all the way around.

First, I want to say it hasn't stopped working but the features suck. My 2 biggest complaints are it is so hard to close the door as the latching device is just hard to push the door closed having to about slam it closed. The other complaint is the LED or whatever Panasonic used for the clock/timer is so dim in a lit room. My KitchenAid stove timer shows very well compared to the Panasonic microwaves. It is hard to believe we are having these problems as we just replaced the old one with the same. The old model is almost exactly the same model years later. It appears the only upgrade was to make it cheaply. In doing so I will not buy another Panasonic Microwave, EVER.

This is my 2nd Panasonic Microwave. I am thoroughly happy with this brand and size since they last a long time. My first one lasted over 20 years and I'm on my 2nd one now. I highly recommend this brand to other consumers if you are looking for a long lasting product. The sizes are perfect. I can fit a turkey in my newest one. Easy cleaning with soap and water. I love it! Get one!

There are no settings for certain foods such as, baked potato, frozen vegetables, popcorn, etc. Also, you cannot use the microwave and the timer at the same time! The only time the light inside comes on is only during cooking. My final thoughts are, I would not waste my money on this brand of microwave oven again, the money you may save is not worth it. If you cannot use the timer and microwave at the same time you end up spending more time making the meal than if you just use a stovetop. Also, if your old microwave had settings for things like baked potato, frozen vegetables, etc, you have to use trial and error to figure out how long to cook things. Not very convenient to me!

Bought Panasonic Inverter Microwave from Best Buy about two years ago after my Sharp Microwave of 18 years died. The Panasonic worked well for about a year, however, it developed a small hitch in the door when closing. Eventually the spring keeping the plastic door latch prongs moving up and down became unhooked and when I tried to hook the spring the two prong latch hook broke. Taking the door apart, I could not believe how cheap and flimsy the 2 prong latch hook was made. I ordered a new part for just over $2. It said genuine Panasonic OEM part.

When part came and I installed it a tiny hook inside the door frame where one end of the spring attaches broke. I had to fabricate a new anchor with a small screw and a small nylon tube to sit in the door frame in order to hook onto the spring. This worked except the OEM part was off by about a 32nd of an inch. Sometimes when you closed the door, it did not engage the latch mechanism completely. The microwave would not turn on because it thought the door was ajar. By pushing down on the top of the microwave door it engaged the locking latch mechanism and allowed the microwave to operate. This continued to work for a while until turning the microwave on kept shorting and clipping the circuit breaker in my electrical box.

I thought of replacing the microwave and read reviews of the Panasonic as well as many other brands of microwaves and got frustrated that all microwaves today were made to only last a few years and not the 18 years I got out of my last microwave. My family has relearned and learned to heat food up the old fashion way, in a frying pan or pan on the cook top. I have found that heating liquids in a small stainless steel pan, heats slower but more uniform. We miss the convenience of a microwave, but I do not want to replace one every year or two from now on. We put a man on the moon almost 50 years ago, but today no appliance last as long as they did 20-40 years ago. Thank you Jack Welch, former CEO for GE, for coming up with the idea of planned obsolescence, now used when manufacturing all appliances, furnaces, hot water heaters etc!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE THIS MICROWAVE! My family has bought this in April 2016 after our old Emerson Microwave broke down. This was bought immediately not knowing this: This Microwaves cuts off the internet!!! Haven't tried anything to get this Microwave to stop cutting off the Wi-Fi yet. IT HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE APRIL!!! I didn't realize at first that the internet was cutting me off for no reason, but now it is because of Microwave usage! For example, if it's used for 5 minutes, the internet is down for 5 minutes due to Microwave usage! Also, this product might break down soon in months or even next year. A lot of people's Panasonic Microwave has this same problem. If it breaks down, I will update this complaint! If this breaks down, I hope to god I buy a microwave that does not cut off the internet. Not this! AVOID THIS MICROWAVE AT ALL COSTS! Buy one that does not cut off internet! Do not buy this wi-fi less microwave!

Panasonic sa651s microwave oven review - One year and the microwave oven no longer cooks. Pathetic quality. Bought it at Costco with lifetime warranty, back it goes.

I bought a Panasonic Microwave Model NN SA 661S. That was in March 2016. It had made a loud popping noise and the caught on fire. I pack it up and took it to Wal-Mart. They told me it was passed their 90-day return policy. They told me to contact the manufacturer. Panasonic wouldn't discuss it.

I brought NNST762S. It was fine for a year. It started burning the microwavable bowls and food. This is really a safety hazard and I think these microwaves should be recalled/banned. Till now it has burned/busted/melted many microwaveable bowls including a very very thick/hard kid's microwavable bowl. Also, every other day it is burning the food. I have ordered a new microwave and I will throw this crap after I get my new one. I will never buy a Panasonic microwave again.

Panasonic inverter microwave model NNSA651S SA651S - We've owned this microwave for a short time. We started noticing uneven cooking. Then today we started smelling a burning odor. The microwave was burning through a bacon plate (very thick material) made for microwaves and char-burned the bacon that almost burst into flames. This happened in less than a minute. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS MICROWAVE.

I purchased this microwave from Best Buy on April 30, 2016. Two days ago while microwaving macaroni and cheese, gray smoke came from both sides of the microwave, nearly caught my house on fire. The macaroni and cheese had only been on for less than a minute and turned my microwave yellow. I immediately unplugged it, looked at the outlet looked at the back of the microwave and waited for my husband to get home. We read plugged it in the next day and the smoke and smell immediately started again. I called customer service to find out if I need to bring it to a repair center or what could be done. I was told this matter is very serious and my complaint would be sent over to a manager. I was then emailed by a lead consumer affairs employee who asked for pictures and more information.

I was then called the next day by the lead consumer affairs associate who was beyond rude and unprofessional. She immediately asked for me to re-explain what happened, then followed it up by saying that it was my fault, that the engineer who reviews pictures stated that I clearly overcooked the microwave, that I need to clean my microwave in, that my warranty was voided. I explained that the yellow discoloration came from the incident. I was at a loss for words with Panasonic's customer service. I asked "Is this how you back up your products?" She told me that I should read the instructions and never walk away from the microwave. She then proceeded to say she has been with the company a very long time. I then explained I could care less. She stated "Nothing could be done to buy a new microwave and read the instructions next time."

Meanwhile every microwave I have had, has been Panasonic. My previous Panasonic microwave lasted over seven years. I will Never buy a Panasonic product again. After I had this horrible experience, I then reviewed Panasonic's customer reviews. It appears to me based on other consumer reports that Panasonic does not back up their products and that they frequently state "Go back to the manual." I believe this is Panasonic's way of getting out of backing up their products.

Purchased this microwave 1 year ago after my SHARP microwave of 11 years quit working. This Panasonic unit is only exactly one year old... Apparently the units have cheap wiring and are only designed to last one year so you have to pay money to their online support or purchase a new one. With no warning it just quit working after having for 1 year. My household has only 2 adults over age 50 and the microwave is not overused at all.

I attempted calling Panasonic their product and refuse to because it is 1 year old and will charge me for advise on the phone or send me to a service center who will charge me. We ended up opening the unit to look for fuse issue. It turned out having melted wires which obviously blew the fuse. All of the information that I now read online about this Microwave model catching on fire and other internal electrical issues are apparently true due to the cheap wiring in the units. The units with the "inverter" seem to be the ones with faulty cheap wiring that makes the machine go bad after a year. We are lucky the fuse blew in the unit, as the unit turns out it would have been a fire hazard.

Panasonic unlike Sharp will not offer any assistance at all in repairing the unit unless you pay upfront. They will say to you over and over that your unit is out of warranty (even though by only a few days). This Panasonic cost twice the price of the SHARP until that I had for over 12 years. Panasonic loves to fill the landfills with faulty microwaves or find a way to get additional money out of you minutes after the warranty expires. In my opinion the worst manufacturer of consumer electronics. I will never purchase another Panasonic brand product again. I will never recommend the Panasonic brand to anyone. I will warn people against purchasing any electronic products from Panasonic.

We have had our ST681S since December 2015. It works very well and we are enjoying the 1200 watts that do the job fast. It takes some getting used to but water boils so fast now and frozen food defrosts evenly and quickly. We have read of horror stories of this model blowing up and setting on fire. So far everything is fine 9 months into using it daily. It is quieter than our old ones, too. In high humidity, our 10 year old Panasonic would blow a fuse if it got too hot baking potatoes! No longer a problem with this new one! It cleans up well and the clock is easy to set. ;-)

Only 2 years old and the door hinge broke. I read the reviews about it having cheap metal part that hold the hinges on, and the reviewer suggested how to fix it. Do not buy a Panasonic microwave. I agree.

Compare Microwaves