Panasonic Microwave

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Panasonic Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic Microwave?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

This Panasonic NN-SN942B microwave has been the best M/W unit we have ever owned. It works flawlessly, does what it is supposed to. The only issue we have, is it has just developed a switch problem with the door closing and the panel does not light up. Going to replace the switch and get another 10 years use out of it.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I he is 3 other Microwave Companies and Panasonic in my opinion have the others beat by far. All of the features are easy to program and them food comes out perfectly cooked. The THICK Cookbook is far superior to the other three.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Panasonic has worked for me perfectly over 15 yrs. It cooks everything easily, fast. It is reliable, no repairs. Even heat, sturdy, easy to clean, good size for any place. Looks fine. Lightweight, easy to clean. If I ever replace it, I will get another Panasonic. I wondered if people actually do think about microwave names. Panasonic is the winner for me through actual use. I just hope I can find that brand whenever I might need another.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

It Makes Magically Delicious Frozen Food. I Give it a 10 a ** 10!!!! It Will Always Be There At Anytime It's Called On To Do Its Job. And To Get It Done In A Superior Way Compared With The Competition!!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

I am trying to get my microwave serviced under extended warranty granted to me by Panasonic. The microwave cost me $461.00 and was top of the line. I went with Panasonic on the basis that it was a top line company and they would stand behind their product. Their closest service center to me is at Seven Hills. They will not collect the item without a fee of $99.00 for the courier. It would take me almost 1 1/2 hours to get there. They advised me that they will give me a quick turnaround of an hour or so and then I need to come back. Basically it would take me the best part of a day. They refuse to pay for the courier.

The microwave lasted just over 2 years. I can get a microwave from K Mart for $90.00 which would last me as long. I still have a Black and Decker microwave that is over 20 years old and still working. Most microwaves you would expect to give you well over 10 years hassle free. I suppose that their reaction to my request that they should arrange for collection at their cost means that it is not worth a customer's time and money to get them to repair or replace their products and in the end the customer will stop bothering them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Very small. This model fits in a space in the wall. It tips and falls out when you open the door. There are no numbers on the pad, like every other microwave we have ever seen, so you can't easily set a power setting or run time. Minimal.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I purchased a Panasonic NN-SN65KB Inverter technology microwave oven on September 6th, 2019 for $173.75 dollars delivered. On September 17th, 2021 the microwave stopped working, that’s exactly 2 years and eleven days. The Warranty is for one year on parts and labor and five (5) years on the Magnetron tube and one year labor. This means I’m stuck with a $75 dollar troubleshooting fee and even if it is as simple as a limit switch, that’s over $25 dollars installed. Now some of you may think that’s ok, I really liked it, it was fast, powerful, quiet and it had a temperature sensor, so the food always came out perfect, so I’ll just toss it and buy a new one. Just remember that the “average“ life span of a microwave is approximately ten years. Can you afford to have meals trashed for a week while you wait for your new microwave every two years. PS. My wife won’t even allow me to buy another Panasonic microwave, remember - happy wife, happy life...

Original review: April 6, 2021

When my 10 year old microwave broke down in the middle of the pandemic, I bought my first of 3 Panasonic microwaves. I picked a large model with over 1000 watts. The first microwave lasted less than a week. I heated up a microwaveable heating pad and read later that you couldn't do that. I assumed that I had broken it, so I went out to buy the same well-rated microwave a second time. It broke down 4 weeks later. It had been making a lot of noise and the turn table didn't always turn.

I assumed a defective product and took it back to the store and got a new one. This one appeared to work well for the first few weeks. The turntable worked, but made a lot of noise. Last Friday it stopped heating up food, although the timer worked. This was the third Panasonic microwave to break down in less than 6 months. We regularly use the microwave to heat up cooked meals or to defrost frozen meat, but we are a family of 3 and are not industrial users. Do not buy this microwave, it is not worth the money or the hassles. I will be buying a new microwave, but will never buy another Panasonic.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Excellent Microwave unit, as I expected from Panasonic. Looks great in my kitchens simple to operate after reading the enclosed instructions manual. Vendor packed the unit with care and sent the unit in a very timely fashion.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

After about 9 months of use our Panasonic Microwave Model NN-SN966S failed to remain on. About 2 seconds into the power on the display went dead and the unit would not power up or perform until the power plug was removed from the wall and then plugged in 30 seconds later. Then the same problem occurred after the start button was pressed. Well, I tried unsuccessfully to get Panasonic to repair or replace the unit still under the 1 year warranty to no avail. They kept giving me the runaround; first repair place (PE Americas) didn't work on microwaves; try panacare.us@panasonic.com they said. So, I got nowhere with them either. They sent me to a place 80 miles from here and they too don't repair Panasonic microwaves. I gave up. They don't stand behind their warranty and their product doesn't last long.

Panasonic author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Panasonic brand is perhaps most well-known for its cameras, but the company deals in other electronics and appliances as well.

• Cyclonic inverter: The heat is distributed in a 3D pattern versus a straight line for more even cooking.

• High wattage: The range of Panasonic microwaves culminates in the 1200-watt models.

• Grill heater: Heat and cook in a more natural way with the attached internal grill element.

• Convection: Enjoy dual-cooking when you switch from microwave heat to convection heating.

• Turbo defrost: Specialized defrosting process allows you to unfreeze food more quickly, without accidentally cooking it along the edges.

Panasonic Microwave Company Information