Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Panasonic Microwave Reviews

Original review: July 28, 2019

We found that the button for the door sticks. It should last longer than three years before something like that happens. And, that we own two different Panasonic Microwaves. One ends and it shows "Enjoy your meal" after it is done. We enjoy seeing that as it reminds us that something is in the microwave. The other does not and just goes back to the time. We love the power settings for the Panasonic as it is a constant low if different power settings are used. Other microwaves do not do that and that is why we keep buying Panasonic Microwaves.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I've had Panasonic microwaves in houses that I rented, as well as the house I own. These microwaves are workhorses, and they never seem to fail. Besides being attractive, they are a way to prepare family dinners quickly. Mine is 1,000 watts plus. The clock on the front, helps me to adjust all of my kitchen clocks, as well as the clocks in other rooms. The microwave feature are also great, but does a vegetarian need a probe to cook. Veggies are done in minutes, and I never cook meat. Popcorn cooks fast too, but I never buy the mystery stuff in microwaveable bags.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

It is one of the few companies that has a microwave that is tall enough on the inside to accommodate the majority of the reheating storage containers. Today's microwaves are way too short in height for the storage containers that are made. All the microwaves today are wide, not high and kind of useless for reheating unless a person transfers the food to another dish of some type. And that defeats the purpose of containers for heating!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I am not normally able to use electronic equipment. Our Panasonic microwave is, for me very easy, whether I am warming coffee, cooking/ heating a meal, popping corn. I can thaw, reheat, cook & never burn the product. The directions are simple, easy to follow & as long as I cover what I am cooking, the cleanup is a breeze. The turntable guarantees even cooking. I recommend Panasonic Microwaves to anyone to everyone one. I am only 81 & I need easy!

Original review: July 9, 2019

Very aesthetic to the eye. Although it’s a countertop microwave, it works as well or better than the over the stove one that I had. At 1400kw, it has many settings, from defrost to any other range one may find on an expensive unit. It is small by comparison, but the inside is large enough to hold most cooking dishes. The timer is so refined. Set it and forget it. I got the black one. It has clean glass window. Outside color maintained its beauty after eight years. It still is a thing of beauty and workmanship.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I bought the Panasonic Model No. NN-SA651S from Costco on 2 September 2018 and in less than one year the interior back seam and top venting fan area formed rust stains. This oven was used less than once a day. No other microwave oven that I've owned ever formed "rust" on interior seams. The oven seemed to lose power over time, don't know if the rust problem was the cause. I took the oven back to Costco for a refund. Costco still sells the oven. I would not recommend the NN-SA651S to any buyer.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I love this 1300 watt microwave. It has many features (turbo defrost, sensor reheat, buttons for all three meals and side dishes, just to name a few). And it is easy to use. I just moved into a house with a microwave, and I still brought this one with me because it is so good.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I have had it for few years, got it from Costco. Microwave still works great, easy to clean, easy to operate with various buttons. Nice stainless steel appearance, I would purchase it again if needed.

Original review: July 26, 2019

We purchased our Panasonic over the oven in 12/18 and am extremely pleased. It's a little smaller than our original one we replaced, but we're perfectly happy. Looks great, works great, very easy to operate. Great purchase!

Original review: July 25, 2019

My Panasonic microwave is a good looking appliance and works effectively, although it uses a lot of power and I live off solar. The only real complaint I have is the keypad is not as touch sensitive or as easy to use as I would like. You really have to push hard and dead center to select your functions.

Panasonic expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Panasonic brand is perhaps most well-known for its cameras, but the company deals in other electronics and appliances as well.

• Cyclonic inverter: The heat is distributed in a 3D pattern versus a straight line for more even cooking.

• High wattage: The range of Panasonic microwaves culminates in the 1200-watt models.

• Grill heater: Heat and cook in a more natural way with the attached internal grill element.

• Convection: Enjoy dual-cooking when you switch from microwave heat to convection heating.

• Turbo defrost: Specialized defrosting process allows you to unfreeze food more quickly, without accidentally cooking it along the edges.

• Best for: Small families, large families, singles and couples. Many of the ovens feature "family-size" capacity to make it easier to choose.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs